Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro Chanel for women

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro Chanel for women
dislike

leather

This fragrance evokes the atmosphere of green fields and clear blue sky. Bel Respiro is the name of the week-end house that Mademoiselle Chanel bought in Garches in 1920 and painted it in her colors – beige and black.

This tender floral fragrance is that of an early spring, with grass, crushed leafs and idyllic breeze. Green notes are nuanced and warmed with fresh leather and aromatic refreshing accents.

Bel Respiro belongs to a luxurious collection Les Exclusifs de Chanel and is available in a 200 ml bottle. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge.

Green Notes Leather Grass Flowers

Cristalle Eau Verte
Vent Vert
D&G Anthology La Lune 18

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro Fragrance Reviews

fiouu
fiouu

Great green fragrance with a little twist, but the bottle is too much perfume for me, I'd never get closer to a smidge on the top of it. In my country it's only available in 200 ml, and 19 eau Poudre surpassed this on projection. If I had extra space on my wardrobe and money to throw I'd get it, in the meantime, I'll try to get some decant of this. It's like but not love. Has a very good aldehydic base, reminds me of a greener n5

TillyWave
TillyWave

I had a classic case of Lust for Bel Respiro. Lust because, you know, I've never worn it, never been with it, but I JUST KNEW that I'd love it. I love green fragrances. I love Chanel. But. I was able at least to go on a date, just an hour or two over coffee (read--I bought a 4 ml mini) so I could see what I was getting myself into before I spent $170 on 75 mls of perfume.

Bel Respiro does have a welcome, throwback green quality, I don't think that people make green perfumes like this much anymore. I was instantly reminded of a more floral No. 19, or of Estee Lauder's Private Collection but with a tiny drop of leather added. The green notes here are galbanum green, textured, with a hint of grounding leather added. Very nice. The topnotes are all green, and as the perfume wears the green does become sweeter, grassy, meadow-like. The flowers I smell are of sweet honeysuckle and crisp chrysanthemum, the leather note lessening, but still present as a earthy background. Eventually the drydown is just green--here the vintage quality ends, there is no oakmoss or sandalwood or orris root, nothing, just a sweet green dusting on the skin. All in all it lasts about 4 hours until it is completely done, not even a drydown is detectable on my skin, and it wears very quietly, a skin scent for most of it's wear.

Luckily for me it was just Lust. If Bel Respiro had more projection, more lasting power, and maybe more depth to it, or at least a decent drydown, I would probably save my quarters up for the price, recently hike way up, that Chanel wants. But that is not the case, and I will not spend that much money on a perfume that won't spend that much time with me and that I don't love anyway.

Lana148
Lana148

Bel Respiro is a very happy, cheerful fragrance.

It starts with a blast of "perfumey" fresh cut grass notes and wild flower bouquet. It gets more sweet and floral on the middle and settles down to very clean, fresh leather smell on my skin. At the dry-down I can still smell some fresh cut grass notes here and there mixed with a leather.

This is very fine & unusual "green" fragrance - sweet, sunny, happy and somewhat innocent.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Bel respiro opens with quite a classic accord of flowers, green notes and aldehydes on a slight powdery/vanilla base, quite "glamour" and elegant, accurately rounded and cleared from all ambiguities – no sensuality, no earthiness, no "natural" nuances, just the perfect, sharp, clean, anonymous elegant scent for the (anonymous) "modern woman" which chooses her new signature scent every year by browsing fashion magazines. It then evolves on a softer orris-carnation accord with a slight leather base which is barely noticeable (it emerges better on the drydown, but don't expect anything amazing). A nice scent overall, an inoffensive, refined, wearable feminine crowdpleaser.

6,5/10

JaiTee
JaiTee

This would be a calm bedtime scent -- fresh air, flowers, powder...and is that almost a touch of earthiness in the background?

The opening is energetic -- a bit of herbal, a sweeter floral. It reminds me of one of my mum's old colognes, but once those first few minutes passed, the quiet heart emerges.

Sillage is close to skin with one spritz.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

In the right circumstances, this wonderfully light, fresh and green....but, there is something very familiar here. Sadly, it will prevent me from shelling out the money for it. It brings to mind memories of a very popular scent I wore in high school.... In fact all my friends wore it too- cool skin musk. It was only a few bucks and it was the greatest thing going back then. Bel Respiro is almost a dead ringer for it with the exception of slightly more woody- ness. Nice enough but I will save my money for more original offerings.

Eos
Eos

At first spray Bel Respiro smells like standing in a spring meadow. Green leaves, grasses and soft florals blend to a transparently and lovely freshness. I don't smell leather but I do smell iris root (cold and soft but not powdery) in the drydown coupled with a touch of crisp vetiver. It is very green, sunny and fresh.

Bel Respiro is one of those perfumes that I can appreciate but can't really pull off. This is not challenging scent per se, on the contrary its light and airy and fairly comfortable. The true issue for me is that its feel is so overtly 'look at life through rose colored glasses' optimistic that it doesn't suit my personality and style. It is very lovely and I can see how it would make a lovely signature scent for someone with a more extroverted personality.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Let me begin by saying that Chanel`s Les Exclusifs are probably the coolest and most well constructed niche line on this planet... #1 being that the majority are rebirths and almost perfect reformulations of very old and classic perfumes from the house of Chanel, and with the addition of a few new perfumes that are just as beautiful, and #2 being that the entire line is full bottle worthy albeit 75ml or 200ml due to the fact that there's zero synthetics, superb blending, and excellent longevity surprisingly for being Toilettes. I wont even mention the fact that the atomizers gush out ridiculous amounts of liquid cocaine along with the fact that the flacons are gorgeous and chic eye candy in themselves alone with nifty magnetic caps which include pretty little pedestals and neat boxes to showcase and protect your obsessions. These Chanel perfumes just ooze mass amounts of quality and speak volumes about the wearer...

I'm going to take a wild guesstimation that the Perfumer Jacques Polge decided to take a lovely warm, sunny and breezy afternoon in Spring to sit out in a gorgeous open field with fresh cut grass, dry leaves fluttering about on the ground from the previous winter, wild florals growing about... made some damn great mental notes and ran back to the laboratory to produce one of the freshest, lightest perfumes ever made. Bel Respiro is exactly that. It opens with shockingly realistic amounts of fresh cut green grass, dry leaves as if you've crushed them in the palm of your hand, and delicate florals... Daffodil, Hyacinth, Lilac, Roses... I cannot even begin to pick them apart, but they're very pretty. The drydown is receded green grass, all of these florals, some herbs of some sort, dried leaves, and a miniscule hint of Leather that just teases on the cusp of being animalic. Bel Respiro is light and airy, whispy, very light Pink and light Green, lightly floral, but it contains an earthy quality which is grounded from that mere suggestion of Leather. I wish I could properly explain the sillage trails this produces to you. They're like ghostly invisible smoke. Airy wafts of nature, sunny and breezy, but earthy simultaneously. This is literally Springtime bottled up at your fingertips beckoning. Bel Respiro has just enough soapy nuances to make you feel fresh and clean, but never detergent feeling as if from Lavender. This is a perfume you wear when you don't want to wear a perfume. It is a personal pleasure perfume. I strongly believe one of the most overlooked of the entire Les Exclusifs line. It is a skin scent from beginning to end, but great tenacity as with the entire line. The only downfall with Bel Respiro being is that you have to lay heavily into the trigger to get it`s heart and drydown to truly bloom. For this particular perfume, pick up the 200ml, because you'll blow thru the 75ml in no time...

Michael1962
Michael1962

Snappy green grass opening which is a tad soapy and out of the shower clean smelling with a subtle,very subtle in fact,leather note.Vetiver here is heavily disguised which is a pity as I love this note.

Vetiver here is not quite robust enough for me,unlike Sycomore which is a showstopper on my skin and full bottle worthy.
Well blended and oozes class like most Chanel's but something is missing and doesn't have an oomph factor.
More feminine than unisex and I'm sure would smell unbelievable on the right skin.

Boston2013
Boston2013

I bought this perfume a couple of years ago and, in the beginning, wasn't really impressed with it. I even tried to give it away, but I made it sound so awful in describing it as smelling like "lemon, wood and leather" that nobody wanted it.

:) LOL

It took a few weeks to "understand" this sophisticated, quiet beauty and now that I do, I wouldn't part with it for the world.

It's more than the description above, though those things are in it. It's fresh and bracing when first applied. Just pure lemon on me, but then it softens into something very "balmy" lemon, spice and woods.

I have heard people describe it as a day at the beach, but not on me. It's an afternoon on an old, cobbled patio somewhere in Europe where the big skies overhead are carrying the scent of a lemon tree and perhaps a herb garden. There are floral notes, but they are not in the forefront. The wood is strong but masterfully blended along with the leather.

It 'ain't no kids perfume. It's actually "aristocratic;" a sophisticated, understated beauty. And it's actually the perfume that turned me off of "loud" scents. I realize now that it's not necessary.. Also, the staying power for me is MASSIVE. I spritz after showering and will still smell of Bel Respiro, albeit mildly, until I shower the next day.

But it's not loud. Can't say that enough. It wears very close to the skin. It's not made to "wow rooms" I don't think. It's a quiet and perfectly composed beauty. Your husband might take several long moments before realizing that you are even wearing perfume, but when he does, he'd smile. It's pure class, bottled. :) Perfect for men who complain about us girls being too "perfumed."

Axum
Axum

From the reviews here I was expecting this to be a pleasantly underwhelming sort of fragrance. Now that I've tried it a few times I must say that it's really very good.

Yes, there's green grass and citrus and vetiver; and beyond that, if you've ever put your nose to the trumpet of a heritage variety daffodil (i.e. one that actually has fragrance, as opposed to the modern varieties bred only for size and colour), that is Bel Respiro. This is not a big perfume; it stays close to the skin. It's lovely to smell on the neck of someone you like. For me it lasts about 4 hours.

What is special about Bel Respiro is its uplifting quality: it's the sort of fragrance that inspires you to breathe in deeply, lift your face to the sky, and smile! Now, how many perfumes can do that?

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I am normally not a chypre person at all but I do find Bel Respiro interesting and rather uplifting, a very nature girl scent. I would wear this scent for outdoors activities since it is so green and "sporty" smelling or to make me think of spring on a wintry day. To me it smells very much like the original Estee Lauder Aliage before they messed with the formula and ruined Aliage. This reminds me of college when I wore a scent like this with my "outdoorsy" beau.

When I first tried this scent I didn't think I would ever want a full bottle, but it is growing on me. I like it more each time I wear it. It is so different from what I normally wear and I love the leather note. Gives Bel Respiro a depth it would lack with only the green notes.

milkyway
milkyway

Being a HUGE fn of green fragrances and Chanel 19 in particular I loved this beauty. It's green and woody, but at the same time very spicy and 'crisp'. Smells of freshly cut grass and spices to my nose, and like any of the Chanel creations it just oozes class and screams 'high end'.

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

Really love the snappy green opening. It's the super crisp smell you get when you cut into a fresh green pepper from the garden (not the store). Like many of the Exclusif line, though, wish it were stronger/lasted longer.

Pure sophistication. Bel Respiro is a fantastic example of how a frarance can be at the same time discreet and light manitaining an incredible class and character. A graceful green-floral composition that while sharing some similarities with No.19 it also takes the distance from many of the other Chanels because of its transparent, almost weightless, structure. A subtle leathery note adds a necessary extra touch to the gently sweet drydown. Simply delightful

A quet aer glider flying low over a green flowers field. Casual but extremely classy.

PiggyB
PiggyB

Summer holiday scent.
Tender and refreshing smell spreads over myself like pale green veil of misty air.
It does not stay so long, woody and slightly spicy smell like scots pine stays long on my skin.

While all the Chanel Les Exclusifs fragrances are outstanding in their own unique way, I find Bel Respiro to be the least memorable.

Perhaps it is the fact that green scents don't usually appeal to me, with Chanel No.19 being a scent that I truly despised and wished to forget. Bel Respiro although similar in style to No.19 is much nicer, more complex and a touch more floral.

While crisp, dewy and green, Bel Respiro reminds me of the smell of a fernery after a heavy downpour of rain. It has a delightful sense of watery greeness and subtle herbs.

There are some floral nuances throughout the composition that are more like wilted, soggy blooms rather than the bright, lively, overtly scented ones.

The leather features quite prominently during the heart and towards the drydown, however I don't find this note as nauseating as the leather clashing with the green notes in Chanel No.19.

Bel Respiro is the essence of Spring in a bottle, evoking the sense of a pretty sun-shower. Despite being marketed towards women, I find this fragrance equally wearable for men. The powdery aspect in the drydown is the only thing about Bel Respiro that I'd call feminine.

It's a fairly polite scent, in other words not as bold and daring as let's say Coromandel, No.22 and 31 Rue Cambon. However, with that being said, I find it to be a nice additive to the green floral category, one that I can tolerate and enjoy.

Sissi
Sissi

The mossy green note conjours up an english garden in a early misty morning
smelling the wet orris ground sipping
earl gray tea the leather note conjours up
an mysterious lady who allways wear black an icy couture an ireapporcible
goddess. this is an scent for a girl
who has an old soul refind and elegant
with an air of agatha christie or the
cold ellusive British Aristrocracy
stuffy like dust covered grand piano
or books of the 19th century.

Chanel BEL RESPIRO strikes me as an entirely unisex scent: very grassy with a touch of citrus in the opening and a comforting vetiver-like drydown. The leather here is very light, more of a garnish than a focus, I think.

BEL RESPIRO compares favorably with some drier, low oak moss chypres beloved to me, but with poorer staying power and lighter sillage. Since this Chanel creation costs considerably more than the grassy chypres in my collection, I'll probably stick to my old standards, which I can spray away with reckless abandon!

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

Such a beautiful fragrance . quite intellectual & sophisticated one yet also care free & sort of young at heart , with fresh green & dewy grassy fizzy notes alittle bit luminous with addition of a hint of faint citrus (bergamot maybe !) to my nose . with such masterful solid leathery-floral accord , & i found the leather note in here to be hauntingly charming quite rounded at all edges by the typical Chanel-y powdery jasmine-rose de May & iris combo i suppose but the overall effect isn't that powdery atall .
a modern well-balanced interpretation of a classically typical green one .
by the way its very long lasting for an Edt ( on me at least ) with rather good sillage.
For me ,,,, i love it & already bought it.
& it works very well on me especially when working at the hospital, favourably in warm / rainy days .

professional with never annoying / bothersome sillage to others . thanks .

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro by Chanel 4.04 out of 5 based on 175 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.