Designers » C » Citrus « Groups

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne Chanel for women

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne Chanel for women
dislike

Eau de Cologne was primarily introduced in 1924. The new edition from 2007 invigorates and refreshes with petit grain, herbs and spices, neroli and bergamot. Eau de Cologne is a refreshing citrus fragrance, vital, fresh and innocent. It belongs to the luxurious collection Les Exclusifs de Chanel, available in bottles of 200 and 400 ml. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge.

Citruses Lemon Bergamot Green Notes

Petitgrain Neroli Spicy Notes

Musk Tonka Bean

4711 Original Eau de Cologne
Old Windsor Eau de Cologne

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne Fragrance Reviews

Mouchette
Mouchette

Beautiful citrus notes that rest on a sharp green leafy note all of which is underpinned by a wash of white musk. And it is this latter note that is a deal breaker for me as this type of musk (also found in no. 18 and a few other les exclusifs) is very harsh and overtly synthetic smelling to my nose. Moreover, despite being technically excellent, I found Chanel Eau de Cologne to be devoid of any real emotion. No sunny warmth. No. Just grayness.

Does not suit my aesthetic for an eau de cologne. Would suit a wealthy Swabian German who otherwise dislikes fragrances--like a precise 4711.

3/5.

Eos
Eos

Chanel's Eau de Cologne is my favorite of it's genre. Reviewing the scent pyramid, I'm surprised that I don't see two notes listed: aldehydes and iris.

To my nose, the opening is an amazingly fizzy lemon and aldehyde combination and I agree with the opinion below that likened this to the smell of Sprite. As the scent wears,the fizziness fades and the heart reveals a crisp bergamot and very green petit grain note.

After 2 hours or so, I am left with an exquisite base note of warm, fatty musk and iris that smells luxurious and lipstick-like. This base note is actually the best part to me, though the entire composition is lovely. I could live in this basenote, this is what I had hoped 28 La Pausa would be at the base rather than the irritating leathery vetiver. This bases lasts on my skin for approximately 4 hours after it appears giving the whole scent an impressive 6 hours for an Eau.

Full bottle worthy for my sensibilities.

Lana148
Lana148

Chanel Eau de Cologne opened up like Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, and I was getting ready for it to go masculine and soapy on me. To my relieve, it didn't. The smell is very gender neutral and you get the same scent from the beginning to the end!

Chanel Eau de Cologne is a clean & simple (without any strange vintage notes), aromatic lemon-bergamot mix. It has linier, minimalist feel to it. It stayed on my skin for about 4 hours, and I am super impressed that the smell never changed!

Also, this cologne reminds me of Le Labo Bergamote 22, but Chanel Eau de Cologne is lighter version of Le Labo.

TheFrenchMistress
TheFrenchMistress

I approached Chanel's Eau de Cologne for the first time in much the same frame of mind as many others here: eau de Cologne is eau de Cologne, so Chanel's version can't be that exceptional, surely. I tested it one summer's day a while ago; I thought it rather nice; I made a mental note to try it again sometime. I sampled many other eaux de Cologne, and even nearly bought a few. But the Chanel kept calling, quietly but persistently, and I realised that without me even knowing, it had made a profound impression on my olfactory memory. Earlier this year I was lucky enough to be given a sample of it from a Chanel counter, and so I was able to revisit it at my leisure. Having managed to get my hands on such a rarity as a Chanel sample, somewhat paradoxically I knew after only one day's wearing that a full bottle was in my near future. Chanel's Cologne is truly wonderful stuff.

As one would expect, Chanel's Eau de Cologne opens with citrus. It's a bright, tangy cloud of fruit, with no single variety dominating – it's an elegantly revolving waltz of lime, lemon, bergamot and orange, and the overall effect is tart but not too tart, sweet but not too sweet. After these initial notes have begun to settle there are still elements of the other fruits' juice and zest remaining, but to me the heart of the fragrance is all about the orange, and not just néroli and petitgrain: there is the actual greenness of the leaves, the bitterness of the peel, the succulence of the flesh and the sweetness of the juice, still moving in complete harmony. As Cologne dries down to its base, a beautiful, orange-tinged musk starts to soar above the composition, rich and lush, definitely fresh, noticeably starchy. It's as if somebody has sprayed a shirt with sweet orange water and then steam-ironed it. However, laundry-clean the shirt is not: the blend of sophisticated musks and subtle spices suggests it has been gently worn even if it is still perfectly presentable. The delectable drydown persists unusually well especially for this genre, and in fact this fragrance's longevity and sillage are far better than one would expect. Whenever I wear Cologne it is always still noticeable the next morning, and the bright musk persists even after showering.

So returning to the question of what makes Chanel's particular Eau de Cologne so special, I think it's a combination of two things. Firstly there is synergy: this juice is made from top-quality ingredients, but even so it is considerably greater than the sum of its parts – such a beautiful harmony is created that it starts to resonate from within and take on a life of its own. Secondly there is exquisite balance: Cologne inhabits the Goldilocks zone between refreshingly sharp and mouth-wateringly sweet, and between the crisply fresh and the comfortingly human; and remarkably it manages this from beginning to end. This fragrance moves me, it delights me, it makes me happier than just a smell ought to be able to. It is cologne perfection, a stunningly gorgeous and original example of this seemingly exhausted genre.

Ludicolo
Ludicolo

Chanel Eau de Cologne smells a bit like 7 Up or Sprite to me, like an effervescent scent of lemon/lime.

As it begins to dry down it reveals a slight creaminess, which gives the impression of putting a scoop of lemon ice cream inside the soda.

The peaceful and happy images Eau de Cologne conjures in my mind is part of it's greatness.
It takes me to smooth, seashore cliffs with the vast, "greenish" blue ocean as my only view.
The entire day I'll be laying there basking in the golden sunshine, worshipping every single ray.
As the sun sets in the horizon, the ocean turns into warm, yellow gold.
I close my eyes, and all that's audible is the ocean waves hitting the rocks below, the cooling breeze and a choir of seagulls in the distance.
All of my previous aches and pains is now nothing but a distant memory.

When the rainy clouds once more threaten, Eau de Cologne will have the sun come out again, forcing the despair to leave, and when the weather is too hot and anything else would be nauseating, it picks me right up and leaves me feeling refreshed and cheerful.

Summed up:
Eau de Cologne Reminds me of Allure Homme Sport and Cologne Blache, although I must say, I HIGHLY preffer Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne.
By far the best summer option by the house of Chanel.
A joyous and versatile, unisex cologne for all to wear any time, any place throughout the summer!
Lemon/lime soda, ice tea and soft, sweet rays of sun.
Not a terribly complex one, but the perfect all-rounder for me.

Lasting power is absolutely decent for this type of scent, usually staying somewhere between 8-10 hours on me.
It's sillage is fittingly intimate, it radiates mildly within an arms lenght.

A flawless, lazy summer vacation in a bottle!

drakecito
drakecito

This just smells so good.
It is the classic Eau de Cologne. Very citrus and less soapy than I expected.
The best? It's is possible ... but .... is it worth the price? ... Honestly, I'm not sure. A little simple and a little boring. Too light and classic.

Longevity is low (took over 4 hours maximum, and tooooo light)
It's a very close to the skin scent.

Very hard for me, I'm still not sure if it's worth it or not.

scent: 7.5/10
longevity: 3/10
sillage: 1/10

lisa o
lisa o

for this, my husband (who hates to go shopping) makes unpredictable excursions to where they sell "les exclusifs" and behaves a bit like a drug addict.
this is strange! but fun..I love it too. by the way: it's easily unisex;-)

christianne1
christianne1

When I first sprayed this I felt a bit of a let down, it was the typical classic citrus cologne smell and I already have several because I am quite fond of that scent. It isn't that I didn't like it, I just felt like I already owned it but with a different label.

Then it dried down. And I realized that no, I do not already own this. This is what I already own...but perfected.

Eau de Cologne is truly classic citrus cologne perfection. It isn't groundbreaking, or "different" or particularly original or anything so don't expect something earth shattering...you will think you have already smelled it a thousand times. But just give it a half hour and you will realize that this is not the standard citrus cologne. This is classic cologne harmonized to perfection.

I really thought I would roll my eyes and say this is just yet another same old "cologne". I am surprised to feel the way I do about it. This will undoubtedly be my summer go to scent when the temperatures are sweltering and nothing else will work. Eau de Cologne will ALWAYS work. It is seamless and harmless and polite. I might even say dignified.

I can not explain why Eau de Cologne is different from other classic citrus colognes but I will try to explain it this way...there is lemon sorbet, lemon ice cream and lemon gelato. All can be nice, delicious and refreshing and somewhat similar but only one can be the best. This is the gelato.

Boston2013
Boston2013

This is probably the most "complex" perfume that I've ever owned. It's a drop dead, beauty, though could easily be worn by a man.

It's not flowery, at least on me, at all.

It is quite strong and lasts until I shower the next day (thank God, this stuff is not cheap)! :)

The scent is of ginger, pepper and citrus. And that's it. But it's DROP DEAD GORGEOUSLY done ginger, pepper and citrus. I am almost halfway though the bottle and am already having a fit because I see the price has gone up really high.

It's a beautiful smell. And it does linger on clothes as well as furniture. Sometimes, even if I haven't worn it in weeks, I'll catch a whiff while passing a chair or something and it always makes me smile. It's those quality, oils that they use.

A classy beauty. I love this perfume.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

First off, not clear why all the scents in the Les Exclusifs line are listed as for women! Most, of not all are unisex (wishing for a better term here).

That being said, Eau de Cologne is clean and well done (if you enjoy citrus) and (yes, here comes the but) it disappears lickity split! What's up with that? For the money (just saying)...And, for the money there are better alternatives.

As a spring/ summer frag, the top notes throw off a citrus blast that is just wonderful. For a moment here I got a slight wiff/ sniff of Mary Jane in the middle notes! Only one here? Come clean people!

The bottom notes of musk/ tonka bean are pleasant but poof(!) gone before making impressions.

Oh well, not to be added to my collection. If you are a Chanel junkie and you must, go for it but buyer beware.

Sillage and longevity (hahaha) are...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A straight up traditional cologne that, on me, lasts about ten or twenty minutes. It's nice - but it's nothing spectacular and I agree with the reviewer who suggested that Guerlain du Coq is a better deal. So is Acqua di Parma's Colonia.

audoire
audoire

I like colognes in general but I have to chime in and say that this is above the rest in my opinion. I must have a very sensitive nose because I can smell this on me for a good 12 hours and on clothing the next day. It has quite a pronounced and long musky drydown, and this is why I like it, as this makes it more female-friendly to me. Many colognes wind up on rather masculine bases with a fougere angle, but this one is pillowy soft. I wish it came in a splash bottle.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Other reviews have all but covered this one perfectly, but I do differ in opinion to some on the originality of this one. Plus the fact that I really am not friends with bergamot.

For me, this is as straight up 'classical' an Eau de cologne as you'll find- but just modernised and refined as much as one can for this type of scent. The ubiquitous citrus notes are all present.

One is greeted with a huge blast of top-quality bergamot and shades of equally beautiful lemon, but the bergamot is very much dominant. The top is very vibrant, and fresh with the 'natural-sparkle' effect you get from the best citruses.

Which is all nice and pretty, except for the fact that for some reason, I just can never stand bergamot. This note just never works with me, I always find it to have a really non-comforting bitter-green/herbal/citric-orangey tones I just find so different to just a straight lemon, or orange. I can never get accustomed to it and just end up plain disliking.

It really spoils what is certainly one of the most refined citric-scents around, but it's to be expected to have bergamot I guess- so my loss only really. I was always more of an amber-lover. As much as I try to love the other aspects of bergamot-containing scents, I just can never get around to them. This and similar green notes- like neroli- will never appeal to me. I struggle to find any tonka bean.

It's very much different to Chanel's own Allure Blanche, which I couldn't get enough of- that was a straight up but beautifully tart lemon with a lot more sweetness and spice. So, I was always going to be more critical of this.

It's strong and quite long-lasting scent for a citrus, and later dries down to reveal gentle spices and a civil musk which is very nice. Neroli included too, supported by more natural green notes, with the citrus fading but always present. Undeniably classy scent overall, but if I were to completely dislike one particular aspect of a scent, I could never be expected to get myself wearing it. Especially one costing North of $200!

So please excuse the poor score- but those who love the bergamot, full marks.

2/5, for me (bergamot-hater). 5/5 for quality.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Fresh, alive, crisp, and sparkling. This is the smell of a million bucks. Fleeting, yes, as it is an eau de cologne, but part of the fun is being able to apply again.

Pure heaven.

EnPassant
EnPassant

I´m not a big fan of pure citrus colognes (usually reminds me an old fashioned style) but this one hooked me up!
As Luca Turin said... this is simply the best eau de cologne in the world.

Christy2198
Christy2198

I so wish I could afford to spend the 300$ on a bottle of this! So fresh! I can just imagine this cooling me down.

That was how I felt the first ten mins. After that I sniffed my wrists again and smelled NOTHING!

Grottola
Grottola

While Chanel's Eau de Cologne is no doubt high-quality with good materials, I don't see anything to differentiate it from Guerlain Eau du Coq. In fact, I think Eau du Coq lasts a little longer and costs less.

If you want a good Eau, get Guerlain's.

ssg
ssg

Well I gathered a few Chanel exclusifs sample miniatures and tried this one today. It's nice enough, but I found that I'd barely sprayed it on than the smell seemed to vanish quite quickly, or was this just me getting used to the scent?

Anyone else found this with the exclusifs range? I also found this with Cuir de Russie...

Cylob
Cylob

The opening reminds me of Pour Monsieur. A light green vibe follows. Close to the skin, but lasts for hours and hours on me. Delightful and refreshing.

When I first saw this perfume in a Chanel boutique I was visiting I immediately thought I was just about to smell another micro-variation on the main theme. Another one among billions. I was WRONG! This cologne is simply one of the best around. Yes, it's really a micro variation on the main theme but a substantial one and, more percisely, the one that make it smells contemporary and classic at the same time avoiding the aged and stereotyped feel that many compositions of the same family too often show.

The opening is with a tart and realistic lemon enriched by herbaceous notes. It's really hard to explain it as on one hand it's exactly what you would expect from a cologne, but on the other hand it's not "that obvious". What makes the real difference between Chanel's EDC and others are the conspicuous use of green notes and the overall fizzy vibe, not to talk about the outstanding quality of the ingredients. Delightful. The drydown is musky, very gentle but not too mannered. The overall effect is of a tremendous and very easy to wear modern cologne. My only disappointment is for the lasting power (no more than 2 hours), but it's still perfect for daywear during the hottest months of the year. Go heavy on the trigger...

I got a sample of this from the Chanel boutique when I popped in the other day. I wasn't happy. I thought, "Out of all the wonderful perfumes to choose from, they had to give me the boring one called Eau de Cologne." I sprayed it on, ready to write it off because it smelled like cold, crisp, lemon, as expected for any eau de cologne. Three minutes later I smelled something HEAVENLY rising off my body. It's musky and clean. Something like sandalwood in its base. The perfume is delicate and teasingly sweet. Easily unisex. No spice though. It's an absolute must for summer; a first-class eau de cologne.

Longevity on the skin is weak, so since it's a big bottle, I spray like a madwoman.

diorshowman
diorshowman

I went to the Chanel Boutique today to pick up a bottle of Coromandel and the lady there asked me if I wanted to try any other Les Exclusifs. The first one she picked up and sprayed was Sycomore...but I already knew what that smelled like,so I sniffed the card and was like:nice. Then she sprayed Eau de Cologne...with the word "Cologne" in the name, I thought nothing of it and when I smelled the top of this on the card, again I was like :nice. Then I just bought my Coromandel and went home. Upon arriving home, I decided to smell the strip that she sprayed the Eau de Cologne on...and OH MY GOD!!!THIS THING IS AMAZING!!!This smells NOTHING like the generic alcohol bomb associated with the word "cologne." As far as this being "nothing special" well, that depends on what you mean by "nothing special." This is special in that it does simple realllllyyyy well, and the dry down is to die for. This is going to be my signature scent as soon as I get enough cash to pick up a bottle of this. This is a clean scent, but not soapy clean like Prada Amber Pour Homme or Infusion d' Homme. this is another level of clean. WIth the Prada, the clean smells like you are wearing a fragrance to make yourself smell clean, but with Eau de Cologne the scent become you and doesn't register at the nose as something you put on. This is also one of the more versatile fragrances from the Les Exculsifs collection and I can imagine this being worn any wear:school, office, hanging out...maybe not the club because Eau de Cologne isn't particularly loud.Like I said I will be picking up a bottle of this as soon as I can and will give my full rating when I do...but for now:

Longevity:?
Projection:?
Uniqueness:B+
Versatility:A+
OVERALL:?

kylexora
kylexora

Remind me of Shalimar and O de Lancome. Nothing special - just citrus and herb. Good selection if you have flu or fever - then you get well soon or get worst. Sorry Chanel, not impressive enough.

Anyone who likes D&G LIGHT BLUE will also like Chanel EAU DE COLOGNE, which opens similarly with a blast of lemony freshness and morphs swiftly to a pleasing, slightly woody drydown.

I won't be adding this Chanel to my collection, since it's not that difficult (nor this expensive!) to find refreshing citrusy aromatics in large volumes--perfect for hot summer dousing. EAU DE COLOGNE is certainly a pleasing composition, but nothing really new.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Chanel's entry in the Eau de Cologne category is nice, but nothing special. Actually, I would rate the entire traditional Eau de Cologne category as nice but nothing special.

Chanel Eau de Cologne is a fresh citrus herbal with pronounced lemon overtones. It's a very typical Eau de Cologne in terms of the notes and aroma. The one area in which it distinguishes itself is longevity. Citrus scents, and Eau de Cologne scents in general, are usually pretty short-lived. The Chanel had a noticeable aroma on my skin for about five hours.

This is a crisp, sunny scent, perfectly unisex and well-suited to those occasions when you want to smell fresh and clean but don't want to overwhelm others with your fragrance choice. I suspect there are many other Eau de Colognes (or Eaux de Cologne?) that smell similar and won't set your pocketbook back as much as this one will.

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne by Chanel 4.31 out of 5 based on 138 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.