Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18 Chanel for women

Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18 Chanel for women
dislike

No 18 is the prestigious address of the Vendome palace, in which the mysteries of fine jewelry had been glorified since 1997. This palace was truly a kingdom of mademoiselle Chanel. She walked trough it every morning and evening, on her way from Ritz to Cambona.

No 18 is a radiant floral fragrance, precious like a fine jewel. Rear ambrette – with its jewel-like flowers – is at the centre of this enchanting bouquet, with fruity, sweet notes in trail. No 18 is a light, woody, floral – fruity fragrance, unique, intensive and different.

It belongs to a luxurious collection Les Exclusifs de Chanel and is available in a 200 ml bottle. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge.

Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Fruity Notes iris Flowers Woody Notes

Ambrette 9

Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18 Fragrance Reviews

Ludicolo

I wrote a very long review of N18 earlier and honestly, this is a very peculiar perfume and easily the most singular and unique offering in the entire Les Exclusifs range, probably in the entire Chanel range for that matter.
Because of this I find it almost impossible to gather the right words to describe N18!

I'll still try though..
With N18 I'm not really able to pick out individual notes used in traditional perfumery.
It smells more like a blend of different "things" and "elements" to me.
It smells a bit "unsettling" even.
Pencil shavings, dried rose petals, antique paper, wooden, mentholated toothpicks, worn leather, old wool, wet soil, prunes and even rocks.
I smell all of this and more in N18..
The only thing I recognize from traditional perfumery is a very strong note of musk which I'm assuming is the ambrette.
However, even this note feels unsettingly different from the musk that I'm used to smell.

So many perfumes are described as mysterious, but if theres one that's really earned that title, N18 has to be the one!
A very abstract perfume,
putting on N18 is a different experience each and every time.

My only gripe with it is the projection and longevity. I need to spritz quite a few times to get the effect that I want.
In the end, I still adore it tremendously.
A true "love it or hate it" perfume!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE N18!

Lana148
Lana148

Chanel No 18 is all about Ambrette.

Bright fruity-floral opening that quickly turns to pure Ambrette and stays that way. Ambrette to me smells like fruit compote with a little leather.

This is pleasant enough fragrance, but a bit monotonic for my liking.

HUEbris
HUEbris

To me, it's smells like I eat Powder medicine. very bitter and intensive.
something in this fragrance is remind me of Iris Silver Mist by Serge Luten. Yes, I added it. because two perfume both have very intensive bitter iris scent.
but ISM becomes sweet time go by, 18 becomes sour fruits smell arise. 18 is very 'niche' style.

arxsyn

I am so glad there are so many new converts to this eau! This perfume is truly unique and mysterious so difficult to define and vague. that's the one reason I bought this over the gorgeous Sycamore.

I own the original completely non sweet mammoth of a bottle (2007 vintage) I can attest to the musky body odor association. A very lived in, undone, musty masculine odor bordering on skank made more civilized with a soapy aldehyde. This is why I don't wear it liberally in public on summer days .high temperatures, body heat, generous application, natural sweat all exaggerate the effect. My mother even told me I needed to shower after I doused myself in it recently! So yep, it can be "offensive". mine doubly so because it offended quite a few internet writers and was quickly reformulated. I suspect it was very first one, actually. So many complaints. The reviewers couldn't make it past the opening which I find strange and regretful because it is the very best stage of it alluring and compelling.

But fuck that.

I'm not necessarily girly girly all the time. Privately at night I can be a smoking, drinking, disheveled, unpretty reveler too kate moss style! :D but still very glamorous don't ya think?

This naturally unsweetened gem is so versatile as a layering perfume over anything I find too sweet and/or loud. It imparts a musky, plush, ripe, boozy overlay though the effect doesn't last long. All Thanks to this magical ambrette essence. No wonder mr polge was so taken with this complex and compelling perfumery material!

the prettier, devastatingly fleeting floral aspects only seem to "bloom" at their best in cool temps. that's when I go all out and get trigger happy in winter.

I have to admit it though, the current reformulated version is a lot easier to wear. And I still regret not getting the early edition of sycamore.

still this stuff is marvelous if you can appreciate the beauty in all all its strangeness. the jean claude ellena of the entire line. Cheers to revelry and libations!

Poboijosh

I've finally come to the conclusion after a very long time of trying to pin down this strange but wildly alluring perfume is that there's a lot of Vetiver going on in it's base, because No. 18 layers perfectly with Sycamore, and the combination of these two juices is simply intoxicating! The fruity accords of what I'm still attempting to figure out after endless wearings and months mind you, which I believe consists of Green Apple, Pear and Peach, cuts down nicely the smoke in Sycamore while sweetening things up just a bit, and the introduction of a green Rose and Iris broadens this composition even further, and that skanky and gorgeous Ambrette Seed adds a generous amount of depth and animalic nuance to Sycamore, which albeit both of these stunners are beautiful on their own, I've found them a tad flat in their drydowns and very linear, so this combo truly ramps up that beauty factor while providing a considerable amount of body... the sillage is still moderate, but as for me, I usually get an easy 8+ hours from these Les Exclusifs, and considering that these are Toilettes, that's quite impressive! If you're on the hunt for that weird and strange smelling perfume, get your nose on some No. 18, because it smells like nothing else on this planet, and the combination of No.18 and Sycamore is really something else, and the sillage trails that are produced are just crazy strange...

Poboijosh

@Ludicolo... Touché, I like your review.

I can't even begin to explain what this stuff smells like... Like nothing else. It is so strange, so balmy, sharp, soft, it's stupid pretty. It's soft, but its there for hours... Ambrette Seed and Iris... So freakin` pretty. I have to wear a suit with this... Great stuff. It's one of the few perfumes that I hate to spray, cause the flacon gets less and less. But it's quite cool, cause nobody can figure out what it is, and it nose f*cks everyone. It's super clean, floral, and that Rose is there with some fruits, Apple maybe? Pears? Whatever it is, Wow. This stuff is gorgeous, very soft and understated, but gorgeous. The white juice matches perfectly. It is one of my favorites. The most unique smelling perfume on this planet. The sillage trails it creates are very multi-faceted, very light, green, fruity, woody, and that Ambrette Seed is something else... Musky, kinda offensive, but pretty, and I can honestly say the most confusing perfume I've ever worn, and I STILL cannot wrap my head around it and due to that olfactory confusion that No.18 accomplishes with ease, a definite 200ml worthy perfume!

Ludicolo

Brilliant pear shaped diamonds, rooty orris and musky ambrette.
N18 sure is unique, and in a good way for once, I must say!

As soon as N18 hits my skin I sense a very intriguing note.
I have clearly never smelled this element in any other perfume before, and I'm guessing it's the mystery note ambrette.
It almost smells minty..
What hits me just as potently though is a hefty cloud of iris.
This is an iris with a big I!
It's the most carrot like one I have smelled up to this point.
At the moment, N18 smells like 28 La Pausa on steroids and it's flippin' gorgeous!

This combination of notes up front makes N18 smell like
mint flavoured toothpaste and pure carrot juice, (ambrette+wood+iris)?
Smells MUCH nicer than what I just made it sound like, but this is what I get!
It's beautifully soft and tender though.
Not harsh or overpowering at all.
The softness works very well in this particular perfume.

As the drydown furthens, the fruity notes emerge little by little.
The most pronounced fruit note to my nose is that of a green pear.
A dry pear note however, not a sickeningly sweet or juicy one, which pear has such a tendency to become.
This pear right here is soft and dry.
Infact, it makes me think of musky, pear scented powder.
If I were to give the scent a color at this point, it would be the softest shade of pastel green.
The floral notes quikly follow, and I mainly pick up the scent of dewy, pink roses.
Finally, I must mention that the most gorgeous, soft wood note is present all the way through.

This is so, so beautiful..
N18 is at once mysterious and romantic.
For some reason N18 mangages not to smell like a perfume at all!
It's not at all "perfumey" in the traditional sense.
No, N18 is too abstract, like the smell of a hidden memory, place or time.
In my mind this is It the month of May encapsulated in a bottle!
I would almost describe this as a floral woody musk rather than a fruity floral.
When I think fruity floral, I picture something like Dior's Dolce Vita, not so much N18 to be honest.

I do get the jewel part of N18, but instead of real jewels, hard, lifeless however bright, N18 is soft, lively and blurred in its lines.
This is like standing outside in the most beautiful rose garden one hazy morning, leaning yourself towards the trunk of an old tree.
As the sun rises above the horizon, you watch all those little dewdrops turn into sparkling stones more beautiful than any diamond you have ever seen.

One of the greatest and certainly most original achievements in Chanel's Les Exclusifs line.
In particular from the modern collection post 2007.
Exquisite.

Caist
Caist

When I put this one on I didn't know what was going on. Its very green, and very aquatic. This fragrance changed into this beautiful "just after a rain" mist-like spell on me. A silage a little stronger than Bvlgari's white tea love-child (Eau Blanc) but smelling it off the bottle can turn you off from it at first.

I love all the Chanel Exclusives, but this one would be my favorite.. it is quite a gem.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This fragrance was definitely not for me. It's ambrette and more ambrette with some nice back-up notes that you wish you could really smell, but they are smothered by that overwhelming ambrette. A little bit of ambrette can be good to tone down an excessively sweet fragrance or to add a bit of longevity, but it should never be the dominant note in a fragrance in my opinion.

henri345que
henri345que

Don`t expect 18 to be an intense rose fragrance with a strong sillage. 18 seems to go more on the skinscent side of Les Exclusifs collection. Even if this one stays quite on skin, it`s not silly; the soft aroma is not a musky commonplace. Instead, it has a subtle rosy and fresh aroma. Never saw a quiet rose like this, with a green edge which is not sour and with a fruity aspect that doesn`t go to a sweet territory. There something slightly boozy at the background. The ambrette seed creates a lovely salty ambered area. 18 seems to stays always bright, fresh and subtle on skin, and it`s Chanel showing how to a minimalistic which is not boring or silly.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Chanel No 18 definitely has a soft and subtle understated elegance about it.
The iris blends wonderfully with the fruity notes,do I detect apple?,to prevent it from becoming too sugary sweet like a CK summer concoction.
I always thought that Dior were masterful at blending iris but Chanel obviously has the knack too.
The drydown is smooth and powdery.Iris plays its part here.
More suited to the warmer months I feel as projection is close and it needs the heat to assist it in that regard.Worth trying.Yet another high quality release from a powerhouse perfumer.
Could be classed as unisex.

arzacu
arzacu

A happy scent.

I more turned to "dark" scents, at least on Chanel scents, but this one it's simply happy!

Fruity (I get the fruits) and floral, yet noticeable and strong, it's perfect as a daily fragrance, but with the signature complexity of Chanel, which makes it different from all you see around.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

November, 2013

One word: Finally.

I am a Chanel guy. In my imagination, this is what a white or ivory Chanel tweed jacket smells like.

Elegant, happy, playful, and always, Chanel-ish classy.

Thanks to a friend of mine who helped me get this from Bergdorf Goodman.

Finally, and Forever, Chanel No. 18.

-Mr. Almond-

ranchorita
ranchorita

I was surprised by an element in this perfume which was unlike anything I've smelled before. It is pretty, refined and unexpected. The initial blast of fragrance reminded me of the sense in the sinuses when I take a shot of liquor or liqueur - that indefinable something that is heady and straddling the line between olfactory and taste sensations. The drydown was extremely powdery and a soapy, clean sort of scent. I'm not getting the musk that some others have described, and there's definitely floral in the mix, but I can't tell you which. This would equally appealing on a man, I believe.

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

Much to my surprise this was a scrubber on me. There is a strange undercurrent in this one, that I just can't stand. Sharp and dusty at the same time. I wonder if it is the ambrette seed? I have kept my sample in case my nose develops/matures. But so far I don't hold my breath. Unless of course I am wearing this perfume...*smile*

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Had an interesting opening, with very light fruity notes, and a delicate undertone of citrus. The fragrance stays close to the skin, and develops into a gentle floral. Nice enough, but not full bottle worthy.

MarkT
MarkT

For women? Why not, but this ode to ambrette sure works on a guy. The ambrette tames the iris, fruit and floral scents and announces that the wearer knows and appreciates beautiful things and can make them his own. Warm, powerful, sexy as hell- this sits next to the kouros, antaeus and yatagan in my wardrobe. On a lady? I'd definitely not do anything to piss her off.
Looking at the other reviews- ambrette must be quite the odd note; Chanel 18 perfectly tames ("flattens" in the negative language of another commenter) the floral and fruit perfectly- a brilliant success at what I'm always trying to acheive with a little dose of mimosa layered onto a gourmand or floral thats a little too much for a guy to wear.

Chanel, au naturel

This fragrance if you stop to think about it, is probably the most natural smelling in the line, which is antithetical to what they usually offer, ie no.5 and no.22 with aldehydes and other synthetics. I admit I can't stand by that statement completely as I can't recall the smell of real rose bushes as we haven't grown any in the garden for years...

The floral opening is bewitching in an old world way. Rose and iris simultaneously reminds me of old powder and lipstick as they would be scented just like this where the silver screen sirens yore residein my imagination. The soft powdery iris is cold, a metallic sheen. How fitting! fine jewelry on a woman adds only more glamour and allure. The roses aren't particularly fresh... I can only describe as dusky/dusty. it's old, almost to the point of decay. I picture a shaded rose bush, petals drying and shrivel ling at the edges replete with somewhat browned woody stems. Or simply a sachet of potpourri.a very expensive one. And musty.

musty is how I smell the entire time I wear this.I attribute this to the ambrette. always in the foreground, it's green in a vegetal, musky slightly sour-sweet manner. Fruit eventually appears to play up the sweet facet of the ambrette. I can't make out what it is, but it's delectable!

At this point on after the sweet fruit and rose die off
it's a soft lingering skin musk that simply endures.when you think it's not there, it's there. even the next day, or imperceptibly so. The woody note is barely detectable, as not to steal the show and to prolong longevity of the frag.

A quiet, quintessential, delicate, almost precious scent... Despite the must y quality itremains a bright warm sheer scent like a flickering lit candle. the cold iris doesn't last very long, it's mostly rose that makes a statement. Wear it and be prepared for an aura of lit within glow at dusk.

I agree with a previous poster thar the best jewel this scent represents is pearl. I am a proud owner of a string of iridescent peachy pink pearls. The weight if it sitting on my neck may be cold at first but my body heat warms it up.and I can never stop admiring the beautiful glowing burnished hue

I've never smelled anything like it that's why I got the giant full bottle. True, it isn't a strong smelling perfume y thing you'd expect from a chanel and price point. but if you appreciate at what the fragrance tries to achieve, as a showcase of real, not to mention rare ambrette seed, it's worth% it.

Ps. I have a deluxe 4 ml screw top mini of this housed in a white chanel pamphlet box featuring a preface in a dozen languages! I'm looking for a trade it in for a niche or luxury scent.sycamore would be nice.any takers?

finanna
finanna

On me No18 EdT is a pale musky rose with a hint of iris. I was very surprised to see that others have voted fruity notes to be quite predominant, because they are very subdued on the EdT to my nose (on skin and paper).

I bought this in a hurry and did not have enough time to wait for the final development. Had I done that, I probably would not have bought this. This is very pleasant to wear but nothing extraordinary. Every time I apply the opening makes me smile and I wait eagerly what the petals of this sophisticated rose are hiding. Then I remember that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet…

This is very office-appropriate, stays close to skin after the first 30 minutes, longevity is excellent for an EdT (6+hours) and is very difficult to overdose. No 18 is nice, but I prefer my perfumes a bit louder and complex and will be getting my rose/iris fix from elsewhere. I left this at my mum's so I can wear it if I want to. She does not wear perfume, but I noticed that the bottle has been emptying substantially during the last month so she seems to like it :)

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

No rose, no musk, I don't know where other reviewers are getting these notes from??? To me this is a simple pale fruity smell, never offensive, gentle but persistent and lasting for hours. I don't know what ambrette seed smells like, but I guess it adds the subtle sweet element here. I like this better than #5 as it certainly isn't a dominating creature like #5. Very feminine and delicate. I'm wearing it in winter and it gives me a cozy feeling. I have a 10ml sample, but probably would not buy a FB as I love so many other perfumes. This is a big LIKE though.

lisa o
lisa o

dewy rose and regal iris, ambrette gives it a nutty edge...lighthearted and optimistic scent...so nice...

Wentworth-Roth
Wentworth-Roth

To me this fragrance is like champagne (golden, bubbly, metallic) and a haute joiallerie necklace (golden, smooth, metallic). Pure sophistication and class, not a scent for everyone.

Hilaire
Hilaire

I don't find this a rose fragrance at all. On me it opens with Iris and Armagnac, then dries down to dried apricots and ambrette.

That would suggest this is a lot richer and draker and heavier than it is, overall it's highly natural and extremely light and airy.

The Ambrette actually smells a little like real tobacco leaf to me and not especially musky at all. The Iris keeps the dried fruit notes from becoming sweet or cloying.

I find this has poor longevity on me and limited sillage, but I love it anyway, it's oddly compelling and very subtle and sophisticated. I find it ideal on warm and slightly humid days.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

I am anosmic to real ambrette seed. You'll be pleased to know this is composed with real ambrette, because I can't smell a base in this at all. :(

sionnach66
sionnach66

Before trying it on, it had promise. However I sprayed it on and at first sniff, it was much too sweet/fruity for my tastes (apple/pear?). Within a few minutes I started smelling the ambrette and started feeling more comfortable with where the fragrance was going. However, it instead became much cleaner/fresher (a no-no for me), concentrating on the fruity (add citrus) and introducing floral notes (rose?).
On my skin, it slowly smelled stronger and stronger (argh!) while evolving into a slightly muskier version of something that reminds me of the fragrance of Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo.
As much as I wanted to like it, this perfume clearly does not suit me.

rainrowan
rainrowan

My first reaction to No 18 was very similar to that of Mugler's Angel original. blech! But I cannot top smelling it and spritzing on the last several days... I absolutely love Angel now and have Angel La Rose and I have no doubt I am turning on to No 18 very quickly. I think there is an intensity about it and it could be the ambrette seed I'm unacquainted with.

I am using one spritz at a time on the forearm and not much staying power on me. What I smell is: a single sterile rose under glass with tar and cumin wafting outside this bell jar protecting this rose.

What attracted me to Angel was the distinctly gourmand hit of chocolate and notwithstanding a heady dose of pheremone-y armpits. I think it must be the ambrette seed that smells like a Moroccan cigarette in the air to me. Just an amazing study in dichotomy that could exist anywhere in real life.

I'm usually not into rose fragrances but No.18 makes a pleasant exception as it happens very once in a while to smell such a simple yet incredibly fascinating composition. Quality and mastery are immediately (and clearly) noticeable when smelling No.18. An iris / rose structure supported by ambrette seeds and slight fruity patterns. The combination between rose and fruits gives the whole fragrance a fermented vibe that immediately recalls of wine or sweet liquors while iris circles in the air watching from the above.. No.18, being released in 2007, is the living proof that perfumery is not dead and it surely deserves to become an endless classic. Bravo Chanel.

This is real perfumery in my opinion and real perfumery trascends personal taste, real perfumery doesn't leave you indifferent.

Rating: 9 out of 10

prot72
prot72

I have big difficulty to write something about this fragrance. For sure this is very unusual and different perfume. Because I love strangers this is for me the wonderful experience. First of all No. 18 is elegant and very well done. Perfect for suits or dresses (whatever you like to wear). In my opinion there is nothing casual in this fragrance and I can’t imagine wearing it during vacations. However it is working very well during hot and even humid days when other fragrances are able to make nausea ;-) No. 18 is dry and I mean dry as characteristic we use for wine description because it is very juicy in the same time. No. 18 has also animalistic nuances that you can find in rose poivre by The Different Company. I’m sure there is a little rose present too but not too much. You can feel a bit of unripe fruits that create a little sour but very pleasant aura. At the base I found dry vetiver not harsh at all. No. 18 lasts on my skin at least 10 hours but it doesn’t have huge projection. After 4-5 hrs it is rather skin scent and I like it a lot. This is my new discovery for upcoming season.

armaniboy
armaniboy

This is one of the most confusing scents that i have ever tried. At first spray i thought it was fresh and really interesting, something i have never smelled before-yet familiar.confusion had just started. The middle notes and the drydown smelled dirty yet inviting on my skin, like a weird type of butter and leather.i call this unique. :)

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

I have a similar experience with this perfume to being at a modern art exhibit: there *might* be something very interesting and revolutionary going on, but I just can't figure that out simply by looking at the paintings, or get myself to truly enjoy it. It's an aesthetic confusion to my classically-oriented senses.

Maybe there is something revolutionary or high fashion about smelling like salty spicy fruit, and I bet Coco could pull it off, but I just ain't enough of a connoisseuse to appreciate it. If the loss is mine, I sure don't know it.

Iris Aistork
Iris Aistork

Wonderful fargrance! I feel,understand it better in the wintertime, when it's freezy enough outside - #18 smells like a clear,mountain lake or the bunch of the best diamonds in my palm. It's fresh and tenderly sweet, no fruits, no annoying musk notes.
But when the air is getting warmer, the fargrance is growing sweeter, with distinct fruit trail (maybe it's apple or/and peach and pear). Pretty, but not so overwhelming as in winter.

bronstein
bronstein

This is a difficult one. I would neither describe it as sexy or alluring, nor as unsexy or disgusting. Perhaps "unobtrusive elegance" describes it best, and it probably works well enough in connection with a dress or suit by Chanel.

I do get the fruits in this composition, however they tend to be layered with spices and pepper. Chanel No.18 veers away from the typical fruity florals on the market, choosing to portray something a little less shampoo-like or juicy.

I rather like this fragrance, and that's a huge thing for me to say seeming that I quite often dislike fruity florals, and dread Summer for that same reason. No.18 is different, perhaps even a little bit metallic.

I swear that there is an apple note in there somewhere, however it's very subtle. There may even be cinnamon too, which reminds me of the scent of a freshly baked apple pie. However, this fragrance is nowhere near being a gourmand.

Like the sales assistant noted, it's difficult to classify this fragrance and to pick out the individual notes. When I really stick my nose to my wrist, I get lemon, apple, bergamot, pepper, rose, ambrette seed, cinnamon, olives, musk and herbs.

Thankfully this fragrance is rather subtle in a fresh, dry and green kind of a way. The lasting power is pretty good, however it tends to vanish every now and then, brought back to life by breathing hot air onto the spot where you sprayed it.

In conclusion, Chanel No.18 is not my cup of tea, however it's a lovely, sophisticated and refined interpretation of a fruity floral that does tend to be drier than most.

guest_Persian Cats Lover
guest_Persian Cats Lover

Chanel 18 is an interesting fragrance but definitely not my cup of tea. I'd describe it like this: Early morning + enchanted forest + a clear lake + waterlilies + reeds = Chanel 18! No fruits or bunches of flowers here.

arxsyn

At first sniff of this I was intrigued. It's very distinctive. It wasn't sweet. It felt unisex at first. But when I smelled it again and again, and was transported to a different era, illustrated on the silver screen, the starlet languishing at her boudoir. Rouge [lipstick rose], powder [iris], sensuous musk, a cigarette smoldering in the ash tray. Deceptively glamourous and sensual. And not at all fruity. I guess it could be there to lighten the composition but I can't make it out. Apple? Quite a stunner.

I would like a bottle in EdP or extrait. Apparently the SA's favourite, and he's a man. I am drawn to this musk because it is completely natural, and cruelty free. I hate the manufactured white musk that is used everywhere--ever present in laundry detergent. I don't need a perfume that smells like my laundry, if you know what I mean.

Chanel No 18 took me by surprise, first, because I ordered it along with a variety of other Chanel samples under the assumption that this was an old classic!

Not so: No. 18 (at least the one in my possession!) is a brand new composition, launched in 2007, which is quasilinear and possesses none of the qualities of "classic" perfumes.

That said, for a twenty-first century creation, No. 18 is likeable enough. The fragrance can perhaps best be compared to an oyster, as its primary appealing component is something akin to pulverized pearls or perhaps mother of pearl. This opalescent powdery or shimmering dusty texture--which is not, however at all sweet, as in ALLURE--I often find in leather fragrances (I'm thinking of KELLY CALECHE and JOLIE MADAME, both of which are quite flat to my nose). No. 18 apparently contains no leather, but it does contain some other note that flattens the scent. The other reason why No 18 reminds me of oyster is that there is a slightly sour aura to this fragrance, which grows stronger as time progresses. I do not find No. 18 fruity at all, or even very floral.

No. 18 is definitely not my favorite Chanel. It is also rather short-lived--my 1.5 ml sample was quickly exhausted. Worth trying, but not FB-worthy, IMNSHO.

Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18 by Chanel 3.39 out of 5 based on 173 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18 by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18 by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.