Designers » C » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Pour Monsieur Concentree Chanel for men

Pour Monsieur Concentree Chanel for men
dislike

Pour Monsieur Concentree by Chanel is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Pour Monsieur Concentree was launched in 1989. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge. Top notes are petitgrain, lavender and mandarin orange; middle notes are nutmeg and cardamom; base notes are opoponax, vanilla, oakmoss and vetiver.

Petitgrain Lavender Mandarin Orange

Nutmeg Cardamom

Opoponax Vanilla Oakmoss Vetiver

Tiffany for Men
Tiffany for Men

Pour Monsieur Concentree Fragrance Reviews

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

As an Egyptian God who lives half the year underground, returning in sunlight in the other half, so Pour Monsieur Concentree delight me in the cold weather with the best smell I've experienced so far.
After prolonged use I believe that this perfume was created by Jacques Polge as complementary of the classic Pour Monsieur, can be worn in cold weather (winter only).
The fact that Luca Turin and other reviewers have not appreciated it, is due to most likely inappropriate test of the season - in warm weather prevails suffocating and unbearable vanilla.

Scent 10
Sillage 10
Longevity 10
Repurchase: Yes

garett
garett

Wow man what a scent this is. It is not dated in any form , besides i find it very different and clean.

It has less longevity for sure but. Like 4 hours max on my skin.

In those hours it didnot bore me but gave me continued wiffs/vibes of it minute after minute.

Vetiver and oakmoss are dominant and you may feel like you are sitting in a fresh green park with wet grass around.

Good scent(exceeds expectations and better than platinum chanel cologne)

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I ran into a tester of this Concentree version of Pour Monsieur so I sprayed it on the tester strip and was surprised.. I was expecting a big old school citrus but instead I got a semi sweet powdery fragrance with some citrus.. Citrus, lavender, nutmeg, oakmoss and a touch of vanilla.. A bit old school but still wearable.. Maybe the original is the real citrus bomb, I dont know but I am sure I will find out one day.. Seems like a good quality fragrance.. I hope to smell this and the original again sometime, and get to know them better..

pdschrader
pdschrader

Turin, in his reviews, lists Chanel Pour Monsieur as one of his top ten fragrances and the Concentree version as not worth trying. I think he was perhaps so fond of the one as to not give the other its due. I love them both. PM makes one feel like a gentleman. PM Concentree is similar enough to PM, while having a bolder and slightly dirty edge, as to make one feel like a gentleman who when need be can be a bit of a rogue. They compliment each other, and there is a place in the average man's life for both.

Ricardo the Great
Ricardo the Great

Another Chanel masterpiece. This is a gorgeous and sophisticated masculine fragrance for the mature and confident man. The drydown, like Antaeus, is heavenly. This is a must have if you're a Chanel collector or enjoy masterful creations. Not a fragrance for youth, unless of course you think you can pull it off with confidence.

ILikePeeps
ILikePeeps

BUY (A) BACK UP BOTTLE(S)!!!!!

Great smelling fragrance, doesn't seem like some kind of old school frag to me. However, this seems to have been reformulated or WILL be very soon.

PLEASE LOOK ON THE CHANEL WEBSITE AND LOOK AT THE BOTTLE, IT HAS EAU DE PARFUM ON IT.

I received a response from Chanel. Please read.

'Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Chanel.

We understand your concern in regards to Pour Monsieur Eau De Toilette Concentree Spray and we thank you for your loyalty to our Chanel fragrance.

Our olfactory perception may sometimes change due to numerous parameters, ranging from increasing familiarity with a fragrance, until we may end up no longer recognizing it, to internal or external causes.

It can also happen that a slight adaptation of the formula is required to keep up with changing regulations, but we have a very gifted "nose" whose job is to move the fragrance forward, while at the same time ensuring that its olfactory qualities and its personality remain consistent. To do that, he has a broad palette of exceptional, and often exclusive, raw materials to work with.

CHANEL is one of the rare Houses to still have its own integrated Perfume Laboratory. This means that we control the original composition of our perfumes and one of the responsibilities of our in-house “nose” is to monitor compliance with these fragrances.
This concern to preserve the quality of the original is absolutely key to our profession of perfumer.

Should you have any additional concerns please don’t hesitate to call (800) 550-0005 to speak with a Chanel Customer Service Representative who will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your continued interest in Chanel.

Warm Regards,

Sophie
Chanel Customer Care'

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

The opinion of a man in his late 20s: This is a very beautiful, modern, and sophisticated scent. It's perfect for 80 degrees F and below. At the top, it has a dusty lemon vibe. It's very similar to lemon candy drops but it's never too sweet. I believe petitgrain and lavendar in the opening is quickly joined by the nutmeg and cardamom in the mid and I believe this phase is what modernizes this fragrance as you'll find this combination used in a lot of modern releases. At this point, I'm reminded of banana bread, and I believe it's the nutmeg and vanilla in the base that evokes this image. It's very delicious smelling but it still manages to remain sophisticated and elegant. Its elegance, lies within its base: the oakmoss, opoponax, vanilla, and vetiver is just perfect. The opoponax provides the sweet resins, the vetiver and oakmoss incorporate an earthy vibe that tempers the vanilla. And even after providing a phase breakdown, I still have to say this is blended so well that it's pretty difficult to separate the notes. I get at least 10 hours of longevity with steady wafts of this delicious and masculine lemon, banana bread smell. Oh, and I've also started layering this with Eau des Minimes from Le Couvent des Minimes, and the result is fantastic. It provides a brighter, more natural lemon and grapefruit at the top.

orlandopiano
orlandopiano

Circa 20 years ago, when I was a kid, my Dad had this fragrance underneath the guest bathroom counter. He never wore it or hardly any other. I tried it and instantly fell in love. I must have been between 10 and 12. It was the best thing I had ever smelled. I used it through junior high and the end of highschool without asking whenever I had a big date, prom, you name it. I wore Polo Sport on a regular basis. But even at an early age, I knew this fragrance was special, classy, and in another league from my Polo Sport. I eventually finished his bottle before I moved out. Fast forward to more recently, I found the fragrance at the mall and was elated. I drove home in this magical fragrance Nirvana after giving myself more squirts than I probably should have.

This is an elegant and understated fragrance that has a beautiful, sweet, powdery smell that is more likely to be discovered than pronounced. If you are looking for this one, Nordstrom's is a great place to start as that's where I purchased mine for $75.

The Tiffany for Men was developed by the same person around the same time and does have some striking similarities. However, after testing both, I still return to this classic as the clear winner. Not just because of the nostalgia, but because it still takes me to the same fragrance Nirvana every time I apply it as when I first tried it nearly 20 years ago. If ever I could use the word "Masterpiece" for a fragrance, it would surely be this one! Bravo!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Chanel "Pour Monsieur" is quite simply one of the most sophisticated evening scents I've ever smelled.

A sparkling, alluring blend of powdery spice and light citrus with a sweet, resinous underbelly that is never thick or cloying. Perfectly blended, it is classic enough for older men, but yet sweet and chic enough to appeal to younger tastes.

Gorgeous.

veies.rr
veies.rr

Beautiful classical perfume for men over 45. This fragrance is in my view long lasting and heavy but in a pleasant way. It's my favourite Chanel fragrance for day and evening preferably in autumn and winter.

Bunino
Bunino

Absolutely lovely. Not dated in the least. I'd like to smell the original just to see how they've reformulated it. This is absolutely worthy of a full bottle.

cornekopia
cornekopia

This is my first and favorite, the first real cologne I treated myself to. I don't even remember why I chose it over other bottles, I certainly wasn't sophisticated when it came to scent. But I really loved it, it felt both masculine and sensual. The interplay of all the notes is complex, spicy underneath a clean, refreshing top. I think the key is the opoponax. That myrrh, it's just somehow sweet and sharp and unique and like nothing else. I've moved on to the more recent Chanel fragrances for men in the years since, but I still have two bottles of this for when I need my old friend. My doorway drug, as it were.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Chanel certainly has a way of matching names with fragrances, doesn't it? I believe it is part of what makes the House of Chanel so great. Mr. Polge is simply amazing and a true master.

Now on to my review:

This fragrance for men, Pour Monsieur...lives up to its name. It certainly doesn't seem to suit the type of guy who is unsure of himself, immature, and/or wild. It is for a man who is opposite all that. Its a crisp scent that is both desirable and understated. Someone well established, mature, sharp, confident, who may have old fashioned values and appreciates luxury in a classy (not brassy) way.

This is a wonderful fragrance for all seasons, day or night, and is versatile for pretty much any occasion but I will warn others that it is not for every man! This is a VERY picky fragrance so I do not advise making this a blind buy.

When I smell this fragrance I can't help but think of someone like the late Paul Newman (peace be with him). Yeah, some may be giggling at the mention because they think of the salad dressing but what some may not know is that he donated proceeds of his food line to charity. Yes ol' Blue Eyes was not only a well known actor but also a philanthropist that helped sick children, preserved lands and funded college scholarships. A nice looking silver fox like him with heart and class to spare? Yes, can easily imagine him wearing something like this and carrying it WELL.

The sillage of this is modest, the longevity depends on your body chemistry but most Chanel fragrances are pretty well known for their staying power. Overall, a wonderfully classy and masculine scent.

My review of Pour Monsieur (The original) was very short and sweet and didn't offer a great deal of insight due to me only wearing it a couple of times from a sample I had a few years back.
I had been looking for this Concentree for a while as they're usually said to be much better (Egoiste for example) but I'm not sure.
Okay so this starts out from memory, very similar to Pour Monsieur in that it has a lemony citrus top which is actually slightly less sharp than the original. Lemon is not listed in the notes here which is surprising and could potentially be a mixture with other fruit and petitgrain for example which gives a slightly different character. My nose can detect the difference but not what's causing it...if you get me?
A little spice, cardamom and resin in the heart as it settles maybe some vetiver? it's clean and pleasant. As it dries down the main player is oakmoss, for me the oakmoss makes this scent what it is... Masculine.
I think mature but fresh is a good way to describe it.
The oakmoss can also could be perceived as dated because of this but I think Pour Monsieur Concentree strikes a very good balance which gives it a timeless quality and definitely has the classy well blended feel of classic Chanel fragrance.
Chanel will never be one of my favourite houses but having said that I own (or have owned)and enjoy many of their fragrances.
When I think about it there's only Anateus that I don't enjoy (and even that intrigues me still!) so really they're not doing too badly.
Longevity is good on this one on my skin and the projection is subtle and classy but I think people who get close will smell you.

pianomanmiller
pianomanmiller

Perfection!

bonanza1
bonanza1

This is more of a rant than a review, but I found a old bottle of this from 1990 and WOW it is strong and smells wonderful. I compared it to a current bottle that I got recently and the new one is good but weaker in the scent department it just does not have that strong intial blast. Either way this is a masterpiece of a fragraence that Im glad I own.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Class, elegance and sophistication. Longevity is good, sillage could be better.. Along with Antaeus and Egoiste, this is in the Chanel top-3 list.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

A cultivated, urbane, tasteful, rich, sexy, masculine and gentleman-like oriental fragrance. This is incredibly beautiful... So much more is going on here than with the original, which I previously owned and enjoyed, but this has much more depth/complexity and has massively better performance. I get a faint trace of Egoist in the base, seems that I am picking some subtleties of that sensual woody/mandarin note (in this case mixed with vetiver), which mixed with powdery sweet nutmeg, makes this an immediate winner with me. The citrus/mandarin/lavender remains and hence the freshness, but there is a beautiful darkness that I find captivating, makes me think of Ungaro III (vintage), dark yet uplifting, energising and totally attractive. I am guessing this is the vetiver/myrrh/oak-moss combination, simply magnificent! PMC is patently a scent of Masterpiece standing, and my short review here will never do it justice. On my skin, it lasts and lasts and lasts. Signature worthy. Bravo! 5 stars...

vitop
vitop

Now this is a FBW cologne. Applied on the back of my hand before purchasing and I could still smell it the next day. It evokes a sense of calm, wealth, and manliness. Needless to say I bought a bottle the very next day. In my top 3 ( from 140 plus bottles). Note , you can still find some with a good dose of evernia prunastri (oakmoss) so jump on it! I absolutely love...

jht4060
jht4060

Chanel Pour Monsieur (Concentree, and the regular too) is a classic men's cologne and, what do you know, it smells great too. The top is the most delicious lemon verbena and citrus scent I have yet to experience. Not scintillating like Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange, more a gentle warm lemony herbal blend. The middle gets a bit sweeter and spicier, with ginger and cardamom blending beautifully with herbal notes and lingering lemon verbena, and the base is still warm but a little more austere with oakmoss and vetiver coming out more clearly. The whole unfolding experience radiates warmth and generosity.

Scents can be idiosyncratic of course, but if you are a relative newcomer to perfume mania, you should purchase some classics early on. Consider the fact that almost all the books still around from more than 100 years ago are good (though not all to your taste) and that about 90% of the books from the last 10 years are junk (that is probably generous, at least 50% haven't even mastered basic grammar). This is not because people wrote better in the past, it is largely because all the junk from then is no longer published. Classics are classics for good reason, be they books, music, paintings, or scent. Timeless quality. The time scale of classics in perfumes is compressed because as an art (or craft) perfumery was only truly invented in the late 1800s, so I arbitrarily define a classic as having been first released at least 25 years ago.

Unlike books, classic perfumes are inevitably reformulated or adjusted due to changes in available natural raw materials and new regulatory constraints, mostly allergy concerns. The scent impact of most such reformulations is minor or undetectable but is wildly exaggerated by some reviewers. Usually the manufacturer has a strong interest in keeping the scent the same to retain customer loyalty. A typical complaint review goes something like this: "I remember this glorious scent from the 80s when it was my signature. I recently rediscovered this old favorite but it has been reformulated and now smells like grilled boot sole and old socks [fill in favorite insulting comment]." Try to ignore such remarks - they are usually based on faulty scent memory compounded by the cheap exaggeration so common in effectively anonymous on-line reviews.

Here are a few more great classic men's scents that you could consider getting without sampling: Aramis, Azarro Pour Homme, Santos de Cartier, Drakkar Noir, Kiehl's Original Musk, Shalimar, Moustache, Old Spice, Jicky, L'Heure Bleu, CK Obsession (for women), Guerlain Vetiver, Caron Le Troisieme Homme, Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar. A few of those are sold as women's perfumes but I think they smell plausibly unisex. I intentionally left out a few of the most challenging ones such as Yatagan, Polo, Pour Lui, Bandit, and Knize Ten - those you should sample first. One classic that I don't much like is Kouros, but sample it and make your own choice. There are lots of other great scents out there of course, but I am restricting this list to ones 25 or more years old (1988 or earlier release date).

gd15329
gd15329

(again) I wanted so much to test this one but they didn't have it on the counter (grrr, shame on you...) maybe next time I will be luckier...

fuggerone
fuggerone

much better than the original which is citrusy from head to to toe, the concentree version has a huge drydown, definitely a first line for summer!

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

@Snoopy...there are two Pour Monsieur fragrances: the original is in a squared bottle and is known only as Pour Monsieur. The 1989 version is updated with oriental basenotes, housed in a rectangular bottle and is subtitled Concentree.

masak389
masak389

On my skin, when the top and middle notes fade away, smells exactly like the last reformulation of Obsession for Men leaving the same vanilla-amber-sandalwood-orange trail.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I first tried this at a Neiman-Marcus store, thinking that this was the Luca Turin five star rated "Best Masculines" Pour Monsieur. It wasn't. It's the one star rated Concentree - I called later to confirm that this was the case. I have never smelled the original Pour Monsieur, and, looking at Chanel's website, you cannot have them send it to you in the States. Only the Concentree.

Anyway, while it raised a smile it didn't quite knock me dead until I smelled it a few hours later on my arm, when it dried down to that opoponax (sweet myrrh) note. A delightful scent; my wife and I both loved it. It's balmy and comforting.

For my birthday my wife bought me a bottle. Hooray!

I also like Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum - the other day I realized that the final note in Concentree and the predominant note in Eau Sauvage Parfum are the same thing.

I believe Luca Turin is way off the mark in giving this one star; to me it's wonderful. But then, he claims that Azzaro Pour Homme is a five star scent. My nose tells me NO. I can't bear the stuff.

Moral: One has to believe what one's nose tells him and to ignore the critics! After all, "Nobody ever erected a statue to the memory of a critic." - Jean Sibelius

joeeykn245
joeeykn245

To me this scent opens up very much like Monsieur De Givenchy, with a fresh pungent citrus note. As the scent develops, it reveals the thick syrupy mandarin orange that is dusted with cardamom and nutmeg. In the drydown, the vanilla becomes prominent with a gentle dose of opoponax.

Very good scent! I like that I can get the opening notes like that of MdG with a more laid back yet still masculine vibe in the mid/base notes.

Bbjr
Bbjr

Have not had the pleasure of the original but this is a classic fragrance. Totally sophisticated and I would be shocked if anyone ever said this didn't smell good. Citrus and a bit of spice in the dry down, a wonderful men's scent. Chanel just does it right.

kellz1843
kellz1843

Grown and sexy fragrance. Very relaxing. I agree with above that it reminds me of Eau Savage Parfum. The Dior is myrhh with vetiver and the Chanel is vanilla with vetiver. Both are smoky in their development. Top of PMC smells like the pith of an orange still on your fingers after you peel it. Smells amazing.

fragrance_fan
fragrance_fan

I don't know what it is about oranges but they taste great and smell even better. This stuff reminds me of some orange jelly I used to be able to buy when i lived out west. It was great! Super orangy but not to sweet and kinda spicy.
I used to think to myself 'Man if they made something that smells like this i would be dancing like a whirling dervish!' Well I've been spinning around for a couple years now after discovering this tucked away in my stocking a few Christmases past.
You know, say what you want about that Santa guy's continence and girth but man that cat can sure pick a good bottle of smell-good juice!

thural
thural

Unfairly maligned in LT's guide, this is absolutely one of the nicest scents a guy can wear without having to go anywhere but a department store. That is: it inhabits a beautiful place between accessibility and machismo. Yes, it is sweet, and the musk and citrus are legible enough to make this a feminine (it is an excellent men's perfume for women, by the way) but I have sprayed it again and again for strangers only to find that everyone loves it, male or female.

If it is not the equal of the original PM, it is at least pretty, well-constructed, approachable, and graceful enough to do no harm to him who wears it. Put it on shamelessly. I enjoy wearing it in defiance of the men in my life who insist on cheap, nasty fougeres.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Somebody tell me why I have not been bombarded with hate messages about not owning this fragrance. How dare I call myself a collector, a connoisseur, a lover of fragrances and not have this as a staple. I was talking with a friend and said this is pillar worthy. If I am building my collection on wonderful fragrances this has to be in the foundation. It has everything to make it a gentlemen's fragrance however, it has just a little bit more to give it a slight sexy edge. I believe its is the way the vanilla blends with the other notes. The sharp/sweet battle is a draw, the fresh/deep battle is a draw. I think it has a pure timelessness. The lavendar+citrus+spicy+vanilla just produces a fragrance that is worthy of praise.

I find this and Tiffany for Men to be staple fragrances.I will own this one very shortly.

royal112
royal112

This one is magic..pure and simple. I have a feeling that the negative reviews on here about it are simply men not worthy of wearing it.

Carter-Blood
Carter-Blood

Superior oriental version of the original Pour Monsieur with some slight reminders of Tiffany for Men. Too good to waste on mere mortals.
During recent years I have attempted to discover something at least as good that lacks the notion of powdery lavender and vanilla, without reward. Nevertheless this fragrance sits constantly upon the shelf with pride of place.

steve0580
steve0580

This is a wonderful scent.

It's fresh, clean, green, smooth and slightly powdery, although I'm not picking up the vanilla that other people are.

This is suitable to wear anywhere.

Some refer to this as a scent for "older men" but I don't agree with that. Clean and fresh smelling never goes out of style, no matter what age you are.

fergali
fergali

This is a really classy fragrance with a nice combination of vanilla and vetiver at the drydown which lasts forever on your skin.

sliver
sliver

In my recent review of Chanel's original Pour Monsieur, I was a little dismissive of the Concentre describing it as way inferior to the original. This is an opinion held by many. However, having fallen in love with Pour Monsieur all over again, I have to admits its shortcomings, especially now winter's here. It simply doesn't last. It's supposed to be subtle, of course. It's supposed to be discreet. And though it is probably the greatest male cologne of them all, sometimes you want your personal presence to be more pronounced.
So how come I am now the owner of a huge bottle of the Concentre? Because after retrying it a few days ago, I realised I was victim to the same snobbery regarding the original. This has much in common with its sibling, especially at first-spray, but much deeper, spicier notes come forefront very quickly - it reminds me of Egoiste and of a much classier, much more refined Obsession For Men (not a fragrance I'm fond of now) - and it just oozes class and style. It's less formal than the original but still perfect for formal occasions and will hold it's own in sweaty, nightclub-like atmospheres. Sillage and staying power are excellent, even on my skin which eats fragrance. And on the very first day of wearing this, I get two off-the-cuff compliments on how nice I smell. One said, 'It's following you around so nicely, I get little nips of it now and again.' Twelve hours later it's still there - the nutmeg at this point very present - and I'm wondering why I didn't give this one much of a chance before. You have to give it to Chanel. Even their inferior fragrances smell expensive (like Allure) but the ingredients in this one are first rate. I won't be binning my bottle of the original but it's nice to have this one when you need a fragrance to cut through the icy winter air and also want to get noticed. And it's low position on the fragrance radar means all your friends won't be wearing it either. Don't believe Luca Turin, folks. Discover the concentre for yourself, it's worth it.

aucffan1
aucffan1

I just bought it last week and I have to say it is in my top 10 already and is my go to at this point..

jude1321
jude1321

An utterly fantastic masterpiece that lasts forever. This is the longest lasting of all Chanel for men. If you are familiar with Caron's Third Man, which is my all time favorite, this juice by Chanel is along that line. Simply put: legendary.

bet85
bet85

15 years of wearing fragrances and i have never received a compliment from my father. He knows i have over 30 fragrances sitting on my shelve. I wore this to church for my cousins baptism. When i greeted him with a hug, he said, "wow you smell good" I was extremely surprised. Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree just made history in my life.

kit1982
kit1982

You can never go wrong with this.

Sam37
Sam37

it is great, better than Chanel pm regular, it has something more, more power, really nice.

firsttime
firsttime

This Blind-Buy make me feel lucky I got this one! TopNote very strong but the drydown pretty great!
Reminds me to Kouros from YSL (maybe it just me!)
Long lasting nore than 8 hrs on my skin, I gave 7.5/10

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Absolutely beautiful scent. I would say that this is the prelude to the much-inferior Allure Pour Homme released 10 years later. I get a smoky sweet citrus with the sexiness of heavy lavender and the manliness of nutmeg. It's a spiced desert with classiness and sophistication. I highly recommend giving it a try.
And on a side note, wear what you like. Maturity is determined by what you enjoy and prefer. If you prefer cuff links over friendship bracelets, the only person who can determine what works for you is YOU. The same thing applies to fragrances. I'm 22 and I wear scents like Gucci I and Fahrenheit because that is what I enjoy. The best part is that the people around you will enjoy your scent partially because you enjoy wearing it. Remember that.

jrichart
jrichart

En una palabra ''gentleman a la francesa'' la mejor frase en mi opinión que puede ser concebida para Pour Monsieur Concentré. De nuevo Chanel nos brinda otra elegancia perfumil masculina, en mi humilde opinión y siendo un novel en esto del mundo de la perfumería no he encontrado casi ninguna similitud con Chanel Pour Monsieur original este es un clásico Chipre y Pour Monsieur Concentre es un oriental especiado algo chipre ya que lleva musgo de roble. Pour Monsieur Concentre cuando lo probé en el corte inglés me pareció una fragancia hespéride con un fondo balsámico pero testeado posteriormente me dí cuenta que esta más cerca de la familia oriental pues lleva benzoina y opoponaco. Le doy cuatro estrellas porque no se acerca a la perfección de su hermano Chanel Pour Monsieur pero destaca igual que este en la elegancia y ese sentir aristocrático en el buen sentido de la palabra que he encontrado en fragancias tipo Caron pour homme o Mouchoir de Monsieur de Guerlain.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Pour Monsieur Concentree is a great creation of Jacques Polge. This has a more conservative feel. I like that it is different than the original. It is utterly masculine.

del
del

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée defines a classy gentleman that demands respect. Some say this scent is for mature men, but a 20-something man who is ahead of his time can definitely pull this one off.

The citric freshness greets you upon initial sprays, then it transforms to a rich, spicy scent that spells elegance. The vanilla base is noticeable. It is lightly sweet, powdery, and yet it maintains gentlemanliness. Compared to my small collection of Chanel perfumes, CPM Concentrée lasts extra-ordinarily long on my skin. The projection is quite good: not in your face, but also not timid.

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée in one word: WONDERFUL.

frye8144
frye8144

I bought this fragrance expecting something different. I wanted to buy the original Pour Monsieur, but I cannot find it in the US. So, I figured I would give this one a try.

Top Notes - Very nice opening. Fresh, clean and sharp. Nice citrus burst.

Middle Notes - For me, this is were the disappointment starts. It turns into a sweet lemony vanilla. Too sweet and overwhelming.

Base notes - Same as middle. Overwhelmingly SWEET lemony vanilla.

This one is like eating a desert that is soo sweet you can only eat one bite because it is soo sweet you cannot take anymore.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

Cant believe I have been walking past this for years and not even tried to try it for reasons I really cant quite remember.did I confuse this with the original or ...?(I find the latter having a dated appeal,not lasting long and not appealling to a lot of people but that's another review.)

But from the day I tried it I knew I had to get a full bottle for keeps and stock up when I can.i did try on both my skin and on a test strip.Apart from the initial burst of sharpness everything else about this is well blended to a warm softness.

I did wash down when I first tried it and felt sad cos i was getting rid of a very,very,alluring smell.what made me get a full bottle was the effect the dry down on the test strip was having in my room.It wafted for days,honest and I could do was smile every time I smelled it.

Yes,now I got a full bottle and can really enjoy it when and how I want it.It's MINE and I dont see anyone getting bored with this classic.funny enough even though it's been on the market for this long I can honestly see it as one only fragrance connoisseurs will go for.this is heaven in a bottle.

It exudes warmth,class,elegance,sophistication and will give you a feel good factor.It's good for all seasons in my opinion.Thank you Chanel!

johngreenink
johngreenink

I've been wearing Pour Monsieur (or the Concentree) for many years off and on. Every time I come back to it, it's like meeting an old and dear friend on the street. I remember my mother loved how this smelled on me.

Not sure if I've read it here or not, but there are some really distinct notes in this fragrance (and sometimes I mix up scents with visual memories, so forgive me if the metaphors are mis-matched...) Apple and pear blossoms, freshly snapped tree branches, scented geraniums, a greenhouse in late winter filled with new seedlings, buttermilk, tea, fresh rose petals. Such a bright and visual scent.

But what's remarkable about this scent is that it all combines to be its own smell.. so, it is far more than the sum of its parts. I can recognize this a mile away, it's that memorable. It also fits for any season, taking on slightly different characteristics. I think it's particularly suited to crisp winter days - like having fresh flowers in the house, it reminds you that spring is coming.

I guess I can't say enough good about CPM, it's simply a reminder that life can be beautiful.

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

Pour Monsieur Concentree = Elegance and Class in a bottle.
I will never be without this special cologne, it exudes and cultivates charm and sophistication. My signature scent.

TokoUnion
TokoUnion

An evening stroll alongside River Seine in Paris ..

twlahue
twlahue

Yes it has that older gentleman, fresh from the barbershop feeling to it, but that is a nice feeling. It dries down to a very pleasant smell. It probably wont stand out and get you noticed, but it is a very elegant, refined scent. I can see wearing this with a suit and tie.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Classic, powdery, fresh and green.
Ive smelt this before but i can't pin point where exactly.
The mandarin dies off quickly, then the spices and oakmoss take over.
As much as i dissapoint myself with nearly every Chanel i try, i like this one and Antaeus.

Cylob
Cylob

Fresh opening that quickly sweetens up. The vertiver/vanilla combo is very original.
Besides the opening I can't see any resemblance with the original though. Took me a few wearings but now I really love it. Refreshing yet deep and layered. Another one on my wanted list!

StephenF111
StephenF111

The opening is nice but nothing special I think - Citrus and Lavendar. However, really comes into it's own on the drydown - a beautiful creamy vanilla which as you'd expect, lasts for ages. Classy.

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

This scent is for gentlemen....not for parties and night clubs.

For men over 30 who are looking for long relatioships.

Cheeva
Cheeva

At first I did not like this fragrance.
I have never been fond of vanilla type
mens cologne.
My thoughts have changed, this is a wonderful fragrance. I love the dry down of opoponax,vanilla, and oakmoss on my skin. It smells very fresh, clean and modern, not dated. it is sophisticated but not presumptuous, masculine yet refined and graceful.I love how the base-notes stated above, stays with you to warm , sooth ,and even comfort you, through out the day,
plus longevity is outstanding.

guest_King Pappy
guest_King Pappy

If some one is really looking for some thing which stays for more then 24 hours with gereat projection and seductive smell, so this must be the FIRST CHOICE after 1 million and dior Homme intense! But no doubt quality never comes cheap

seand7373
seand7373

I own both the original and the concentree versions of this. In my opinion the concentree is much better as far as longevity (I can smell this 16 hrs. later on my skin)the original, doesn't last more than an hour or two. Projection is excellent on both. This is one of those scents in either version you will not go wrong with.

DC-8
DC-8

I bought it as a sort of a blind purchase, due to the unavailability of any testers. I just relied on Chanel name and Mr. Jaques Polge reputation, also the above-mentioned ingredients.

At first, I was disappointed, specially that I'd paid a huge price. But knowing that Chanel and Dior, usually take some time so you really can understand their value, I stayed patient! :-)

Top notes start too fresh with powerful lavender and petit gerin notes, while mandarin is not too present. This part is totally a classic smell.

Heart notes appear too strong at first, specially the nutmeg sounds overdone. But gradually they become mild and so cute. Still classic...

Base notes are the great phase: a bitter woody part, with a touch of freshness; The modernity launches here!

This beautiful flacon has placed a nice combination of classic and modern artworks. Just another masterpiece from Mr. Polge! :-)

Since it contains nutmeg, petit gerin and cardamom, similarities between CPMC and White from Lalique could be observed, while White is more sour and citric.

Longevity is incredibly powerful. I had not encountered such a great long lasting frag before, to be honest.

I was watching an old movie from 1953 tonight. Smelling that classic scent while watching those old movies had given me a very special atmosphere there... It's tempting me to get the original Pour Monsieur too!!

I don't consider this frag that much romantic or sensual, nor it sounds like too oriental. It's a woody spicy frag, to my opinion.

9/10 for lasting long and keeping both classic and modern aspects.

Also ladies at work gave compliments to CPMC! Can't go wrong with CPMC!

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

Mmmm.. This is elegance and class! Right up there with Nicolai New York and Creed Tabarome. Not for kids. Elegant/stylish outfit is necessary! This is better than the 1955 original.

guest_alexey Ukraine
guest_alexey  Ukraine

anyway class of itself!! opens unexpectedly on different persons...nice fresh and spicy...mostly IMO for evening wear..and something always always reminds me-it has class...maybe the CLASS is what CHANEL is giving to our lives...no matter what fragrance is from THEM!!!...important only one thing that we get CLASS,LEVEL whatever you call it...again and again...that little missing thing in our lives!!!...get class!!!!

Let me start off by telling you how much I adore the original Pour Monsieur!So I was walking to the store and thought to my self, ah i want to buy something nice for myself.
Then i decided i wanted to buy me a bottle of pour monsieur!
I was walking by the shelves, picked up a bottle and walked alway..
I came home and spritzed some on. That's when it showed what i really got... I was like screaming YUCK! CONCENTRE!
Nobody really likes concentre, they make the packaging so similar you simply pick up the wrong one!
Especially when you are in a bit of a hurry.
I guess the facial impression I got when I spritzed it on my skin was quite hilarious though! haha.

erjotka1
erjotka1

I'm lost for words. At first I thought it was too lemon like but after 20 minutes I experienced something different. It's brilliant and it takes me to other places while I'm here.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

The only Chanel I don't like is this one. Overly lemony. It's like lemon pledge on my skin. But maybe it's just me.

Castor
Castor

Be ware: it is not a stronger version of Chanel pour Monsieur; it is, however, a different scent. Still, they share some of the top notes, IMO, those revealing what in the original version of the fragrance can be described as ground for its traditonal character. Mid and base notes depart clearly from the former, and here is where it smells very much alike to Tiffany, a particular interpretarion of what woodiness is.

Both are very original, and as I said in the review I wrote for Tiffany, of the type difficult to find nowadays.

scenturian
scenturian

Wow what a scent!
It is absolutely masculine.
Kinda old school style yet so modern.
It has a very warm and alluring sweetness comes from cardamom, nutmeg, oakmoss, vetiver and vanilla combination. Hard 2explain, try and c what is warm sweetness I mean here.

It is not so similar to the original one, only the top and a little bit the mid has some similarities.
Original dries down into a more vetiver base, but this dries down into a sweety yummy vanillic lavendar woody base. Lavender is very dominant, exists from start to end.
IMO more sexy and stronger.
I love it.
Definetely for gentlemen.

Edit:
This perfume rules; tried and approved, no woman can resists!
Lasts forever on your clothes.

hoelahoep
hoelahoep

Today my chanel PM concentree arrived in the mail. A collector in Austria sold me a full & sealed bottle of this very hard to get scent from Chanel.
I'm allready hooked on my 1955 Chanel PM and was looking forward to receive this 1989 masterpiece from The Nose Mr.Jacques Polge.

PM concentree starts very strong. I put just a little bit it on in my office and my secretaries came in, sniffing up the delicious scent:
"Hmmmmm, that's nice, lavender and very, very classy....I like it...hmmmmmmmmmm......"
"Wow, thats great, do they have that also for women ?"
"Were can i buy that stuff you're wearing ? You smell a hell of a lot nicer than my boyfriend :-)"

After the strong opening it settles to a elegant vanilla. Not too sweet and yes, it's masculine. This is potent stuff. Only 2 sprays staid on me (and my office) the whole day.
As I said, it's hard to get nowadays and I cherish my bottle.....and keep it a secret....
If you find one: don't buy !.
Let it rest and stay for me to buy, please....:-)

Chanel PM concentree, from the French masters of scent: definitly a topper !

Indro
Indro

Another masterpiece from Chanel!bought it yesterday as a replacement.The firm base notes is likeable by most males.The presence of Opoponax adds to the sophistication with Lavender & nutmeg.Overall a fragrance worth the buck.

curtis.w
curtis.w

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentreé was one of the first scents that got me interested in fragrance. It was a gift from my girlfriend, and before she came into my life (along with Thierry Mugler’s Angel), my scent experience was limited to fresh and aquatic or bland and generic men’s scents (I won’t name names...). CPMC showed me that you can smell intriguing, different, and still smell distinctly refined and masculine. This is a classy, and classic scent, with a bit of a modern edge. It opens with lavender, a classic masculine floral note, and a sweet and sour, though not sharp, citrus blend, courtesy of a mix of mandarin and petitgrain oil. The mandarin orange note is very distinct, thick, almost syrupy, and serves to set the opening apart from the typical lemon citrus top note. Cardamom and nutmeg add some peppery spice and warmth to the scent, which is intensified by the strong vanillic sweetness of the drydown. That sweetness is tempered with a sort of smoky, woody incense, thanks to the opoponax and oakmoss. This fragrance is excellent, top to bottom, but the creamy, soft and sweet-but-not-too-sweet, drydown is exquisite. Elegant, refined, and simply beautiful, this scent is most definitely a work of art.

ccr727
ccr727

Great masculine scent for everday wear.
Cheers on this one.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I was trying to decide today between wearing something light or moderately intense. I ended up noticing this bottle in my collection, so I chose this one. This is one fragrance I have replenished in my collections several times. This fragrance reminds me of sassafras (root beer). It could be the combination of Opoponax (a sweet myrrh smell) & Vanilla. I forgot how much I enjoy wearing this scent.

It is long wearing but not overpowering. I would describe this as a sweet masculine scent.

Pour Monsieur Concentree by Chanel 4.24 out of 5 based on 393 ratings and 72 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pour Monsieur Concentree by Chanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pour Monsieur Concentree by Chanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.