Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

L`Insolent Charles Jourdan for women

L`Insolent Charles Jourdan for women
dislike

L`Insolent Charles Jourdan for women Pictures

L`Insolent by Charles Jourdan is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. L`Insolent was launched in 1986. The nose behind this fragrance is Max Gavarry. Top notes are pineapple, mandarin orange, cassia, peach and bergamot; middle notes are coriander, carnation, tuberose, orange blossom, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and brazilian rosewood; base notes are amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, oakmoss and cedar.

Pineapple Mandarin Orange Cassia Peach Bergamot

Coriander Carnation Tuberose Orange Blossom Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Brazilian Rosewood

Amber Patchouli Musk Vanilla Oakmoss Cedar

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For L'Insolent Charles Jourdan

Top Notes: Pineapple Mandarin Orange Cassia Peach Bergamot

Middle Notes: Coriander Carnation Tuberose Orange Blossom Jasmine Lily of the Valley Brazilian Rosewood

Base Notes: Amber Patchouli Musk Vanilla Oak Moss Cedar

When wearing this 80's perfume bomb one thinks of opera singers that were also fashionistas and wore the latest by Oscar de La Renta, Versace and Givenchy. It reminds me of Kathleen Battle and Kiri Te Kanawa. This scent is glamorous and very feminine. Sure it's outdated but it's still selling out there in this world. I bought another bottle on ebay. This is a hybrid of fragrances like Giorgio Beverly Hills Nahema Guerlain and Ruffles Oscar de La Renta. It has a flexible nature: fruity party time fragrance and woodsy chypre formal evening wear perfume. The fruits are there from the start: delicious pineapple and peach. It has an opening a bit like Casmir by Chopard. Delicious fruit but with a ripeness and maturity. The scent then turns floral with jasmine tuberose and carnation. The other flowers are there too but it was mostly a tuberose. Very floral in the heart and more like a floral soap but still behaving like a perfume. It's not powdery or soapy. Just a perfume with a very fragrant trail as you walk around. The dry down has a lot of oomph and power which give this scent sillage and longevity. It has an aromatic patchouli that has a touch of incense. There's musk and woodsy notes. It's not unisex however because while the base notes are strong and there's a lot of wood including moss, it has a feminine chypre aura and the fruits in the opening keep it in the women's perfume department. This is glamorous and very pretty. It's like a 1980's vintage designer ball gown.

Marie69
Marie69

This perfume seems somewhat like Giorgio but not as cloying or strong. The white florals are there center stage. If one mixed originals Nahema, Chloe and Giorgio, it is something like that, but with a smooth rich base, maybe that is the oakmoss people speak of, but I love the heart of it. I am testing an original vintage mini EDT. The opening is a little too sweet and too white floral for me but I appreciate it is a fine quality fragrance. For me, the dry down is very nice as it is richer. A very interesting perfume to try if you get a chance.

nabtal5zama
nabtal5zama

Yesss , i remember this one , i was child my teacher used to wear it ,, very unique and elegant ,very feminine and longlasting !

My only question is : WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY STOP PRODUCING THE GORGEOUS PERFUMES ?!

juzme
juzme

Edt in black .First impression : what the heck ?Oh Lord, another huge mistake :'(
After drydown : my God thank you ,thank you ,thank you.....
:-)
A big thank you also for the good reviews that helped me take the right decision.
Such a beauty !

P.S. Have tried to wear it days back and now I find it v similar to Blonde ,but in the dry down more elegant and classy.Will have to check my first impression again in summertime as my first encounter with it was in warm days.

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

I have a mini of this, not quite sure which concentration.
I love it. It's just perfect for autumn and winter. I get mostly peach and pineapple with a good portion of coriander, a whiff of tuberose and cedar, and some oakmoss, but not as much as others here seem to get. It's wonderfully rich and warm, very distinct and easily recognisable. If anything, it reminds me a little of Oscar de la Renta Ruffles, but still very different...
I get some patchouli in the dry down, and I hate patchouli, but it's not taking over so I can live with it.
I was thinking of getting a full bottle, but they are rare and very expensive. However, a few drops will last all day, and for the first hours it is almost overwhealmingly strong. So for now I think I'm good with my little mini, and when it's gone, I'll get another one, and that will probably last for the rest of my days...

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

beautiful if it hadnt so much oakmoss & aldehydes. Really want to like it but cant. =(

Sandra2
Sandra2

They did it again...and they did it very often in 70-ties and 80-ties. Spoiled with aldehydes something that could be a beautiful perfume. I bought that vintage piece because of the beautiful notes listed here. They are really there, but you have to wait an hour or two till the sharp smell of aldeydes go away. Yeah...another nice bottle on the shelf. Thank god that I like to collect vintages, so it has found its place there. :)

icecube
icecube

A very masculine opening with masses of oakmoss.
Fruity and woodsy notes starts appearing. Corinander is quite strong.
And suddenly a clear mintnote is poping up from nowhere.
After drydown it softens and a little bit of sweetness is now present.
It is a very odd perfume - but captivating.
It takes a long time untill it settles down to a wonderfull fragrance (hours) but it is well worth the wait.
And I remember smelling this when I was young - must have been quite popular at the time.

kl99
kl99

And The girl on the advertisement was Monica Bellucci, completely unknown at that time!

jessymareli
jessymareli

Deliciosa Fragancia, espero poder conseguir nuevamente esta fragancia...

guest_Elhe
guest_Elhe

This is a great scent - rich, warm, seductive. The fruit notes are very prominent, but they are wrapped in orange blossom honey, slightly boozy. The warmth and spiciness of carnation is just right, not overpowering of other notes. I do not smell any smokiness or leather in it, but it does remind me of Mackie. Very womanly gorgeous fragrance.

Guerlain must have considered this perfume while making insolence.It's very very rich,powdery,creamy,powerful and full of feminity.it reminds me Giorgio by Beverly hils.Both are definitely classic.but L'insolent is a bit more on the grass and woody notes.Max Gavary is very famous for the world wide perfumes and it's dissapointing to hear this one is discontinued.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Charles Jourdan L`Insolent fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Charles Jourdan L`Insolent, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Insolent by Charles Jourdan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Insolent by Charles Jourdan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.