Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Charles of the Ritz Charles of the Ritz for women

Charles of the Ritz Charles of the Ritz for women
dislike

Charles of the Ritz by Charles of the Ritz is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Charles of the Ritz was launched in 1977. Top notes are aldehydes, pineapple, orange blossom, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, lilac, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang and rose; base notes are labdanum, amber, cinnamon, musk, benzoin, vanilla, vetiver and cedar.

Aldehydes Pineapple Orange Blossom Bergamot Lemon

Carnation Tuberose Lilac Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose

Labdanum Amber Cinnamon Musk Benzoin Vanilla Vetiver Cedar

Charles of the Ritz Fragrance Reviews

Scentmad
Scentmad

I have a bottle of CHARLES of the Ritz DIRECTOIRE Floral which I bought some time ago from a trusted fume head. I think it predates CoTR. If anyone has any information about it can you PM me and let me know more....
Thanks

JPS1979
JPS1979

My mother used to wear this, years before I was born until after I got into about jr. high, and it had been discontinued. I still remember the scent in my mind and how wonderful it was. She always had the purplish/maroon metal canister with the refillable glass bottles. I remember how elegant I thought she was wearing this. She has found other great signature fragrances, but this will be the one I'll always identify as "hers!"
Great memories, had to review this one from a loving son's point of view...err, smell, as it were.

BrendaT
BrendaT

First found Charles of the Ritz in a decorative compact of an aunts. I loved it so much she gave it to me. Really hate the original no longer , but hopefully it will be able to be reinvented

Plrowden
Plrowden

I have the vintage bottle of Charles of the Ritz. I have never previously used or smelled this fragrance and when I wore it for the first time, I was completely stymied! I thought, how on earth am I going to describe this in a review? It is a complicated medley of all the pyramid notes! On me, I found it a bit overwhelming to have all those notes hit me at the very same time, but that's how it struck me. I didn't notice distinguishable top, middle, or dry down phases. On me the beautiful medley was quite linear. Over time, and it does have a moderate longevity, it just got more faint. The sillage is also moderate. it is going to take me several more associations with this fragrance before I can decide if I love it. right now it is a definite like!

zayzay
zayzay

I remember loving Charles of the Ritz in the 70's, in the polished metal canister. In those days it was sold in high end department stores and was expensive. I recall it being an unusual perfume, exuberant and sensual at the same time. The tuberose, ylang and jasmine stood out for me, and I love that combination of notes to this day. Dryer and more sophisticated than most of the present day orientals, it would have made a great unisex scent. I also loved another perfume from this house called Charivari. Wonder what happened to this house?

DonnaD

I did not find a place here for comments on the Ritz Classic perfume by Charles of the Ritz so I'm putting here under COR because I thought I'd update fans about it. If you look up the notes for Ritz Classic by Charles of the Ritz and compare it to POSH Gold perfume by Martecci's you will find that these 2 scents have basically the same fragrance notes. The only difference that I found was that the POSH Gold perfume has the lovely addition of an exotic Mandarin top note. As to scent, I wore Ritz Classic for several decades before it was discontinued and I have been looking for it or a great replacement ever since, and now I have. I believe I would highly recommend the Posh Gold perfume to anyone that loved Ritz Classic. The thing is that you can only order Posh Gold online at Martecci's website, so that makes it convenient only for online shoppers. Anyhow, I'd appreciate it if anyone who reads this to please help spread the word about Posh Gold perfume cause I sure don't want another great scent to go away!!! Oh yeah, they also have Ritz Classic recreation project underway but they need some help getting some of the orig. perfume.

sherryberry
sherryberry

I always remember this smelling like ginger ale when I used to wear it. Very spicy...it was great!!

NCMtnGal
NCMtnGal

I have fond memories of this perfume! My aunt introduced me to this perfume when I was a teenager by giving me sample vials of it. The one I purchased came in a maroon and silver canister. I received a lot of compliments when I wore this. I would love to have it again!

owensandlaurensmama
owensandlaurensmama

This perfume is so sentimental to me. I could almost tear up writing this review. This was my grandmother's signature scent. I kept a bottle of hers after she died. Anytime I ever get it out and smell it, I feel like she is right there. This was the ONLY scent she ever wore in my lifetime. She has been gone for 23 years. I love this timeless classic scent.

Sandy ellis
Sandy ellis

Been looking for ritz by Charles of the ritz in a silver spray bottle with ritz written on the little canister,can anyone help ?

johngreenink
johngreenink

This is a really beautiful perfume, and a bit hard to classify. It's almost like a mixture of floral/gourmand/while floral/oriental - it has elements of all these, and yet still maintains a chypre-like sharpness to it. I have a vintage bottle and it really blows away so many other florals from the '70's - it smells like a true classic. Gorgeous, voluminous perfume. Keep that bottle!

raghavendraiytha
raghavendraiytha

when I noticed the fragrance, the note was very much same as Charlie, The Bottle is stored by my father for to show to me.

helenl
helenl

Love this perfume. I last got a bottle from J C Penny whilst on Holiday in Florida back in 1998!!!!Hadn't wore it since the 70's, its brought back so much nostalgia.. Sadly used up all the perfume and have tried to source other outlets but no luck. The perfume in the 70's was packaged in a silver and maroon canister but the one I purchased in Florida was in the same bottle as the top of the page.

ritzygurl
ritzygurl

Since realizing that Charles of the Ritz, Classic, has been discontinued, I, too, have been looking for the fragrance. Thanks to these posts, particularly the one that gave info about the Martecci website, I will be donating my used bottle of C/R Classic perfume so that Martecci can finish the remake of this one-of-a-kind fragrance. I stopped using my perfume when I read that it was discontinued. This is how I still have some remaining. I've used this perfume in high school during 1975-1976. I have scoured the internet for info as to the reissue of this perfume. So, I hope my contribution will lead to success in remaking this essence. Cheers!

junior halston
junior halston

I remember reading once that back in the 80's Cher stated to the press this was the only fragrance she wore story is that she tried to model her signature fragrance Uninhibited after it?

I can't recall what Uninhibited smelled like to way back in the 80's and I never smelled Charles of the Ritz.

campfilo
campfilo

When I use GUERLAIN L'Heure Bleue, people ask me if I am wearing CHARLES OF THE RITZ

DonnaD

Charles of the Ritz Original was really an awesome scent. I have the fondest ..and best...of memories while I wore that. The only place I have been able to get it is at Martecci's Fine Fragrance who has recreated it. As for the Ritz Classic, which came on the scene a little later than the Original, Martecci's is in the middle of recreating it, and has some really great developmental samples available, most notably sample T and sample Z,and I would recommend them, but for them to get any closer someone out there (someone reading this post) will have to contact them and donate what they have left to them of their RITZ CLASSIC,e ven if it is jsut a couple of sprays. But, if that doesnt' work out, I will feel really happy with Ritz Classic T or Z.

Eos
Eos

My mother wore this when I was a child and I have very positive memories of it. As I remember it, the most prominent notes were aldehydes, ylang ylang, rose, benzoin, carnation and vetiver. This is what got me interested in perfumes. Sadly I haven't smelled it in years and its been discontinued. I'm tracking down another bottle on the internet and will post a real review once I smell it again.

20FourSevenEleven
20FourSevenEleven

John Galliano for Women comes pretty close.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is a very unique perfume, it could almost cross over to be a man's cologne in my opinion. This is almost masculine in scent. Sweeter than Cabochard but just as manly in my opinion.

Dana B
Dana B

Charles of the Ritz also had a Rose perfume which was very delicate and light in a satin polished metal canister. Released perhaps a year or two before this one.

Charles of the Ritz by Charles of the Ritz 4.44 out of 5 based on 33 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Charles of the Ritz Charles of the Ritz fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Charles of the Ritz Charles of the Ritz, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Charles of the Ritz by Charles of the Ritz. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Charles of the Ritz by Charles of the Ritz represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.