Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Enjoli Charles of the Ritz for women

Enjoli Charles of the Ritz for women
dislike

aldehydic
Enjoli Charles of the Ritz for women Videos Enjoli Charles of the Ritz for women Videos

Enjoli by Charles of the Ritz is a Floral fragrance for women. Enjoli was launched in 1978. Top notes are aldehydes, green notes, peach, hiacynth and bergamot; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, orchid, orris root, jasmine and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, vanilla, oakmoss and cedar.

Aldehydes Green Notes Peach Hiacynth Bergamot

Carnation Tuberose Orchid Orris Root Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Oakmoss Cedar

Enjoli Fragrance Reviews

elph
elph

Most of what I remember about this perfume is the advertising. There was the jingle, sung with a torch song growl in the voice, "I can bring home the bacon/Fry it up in a pan/And never ever let you forget you're a man/'Cause I'm a woman/Enjoli!" And I seem to recall the actress dancing with a frying pan while wearing a power suit with shoulder pads. I'm going to have to track that ad down on youtube and see if I'm remembering it right.

bonnie52
bonnie52

Another blast from the past! My brother gave this to me as a gift back in high school when it was brand new. I loved the ultra feminine but not too floral scent. The fragrance lasted for a long time too.

UPDATE: If you are looking for a vintage bottle of this, beware. I was overjoyed because I found one on EBAY. When it arrived, I couldn't wait to smell it. It was really rank smelling : ( I don't know if it doesn't age well or if it wasn't stored properly. I won't be taking any more chances buying "vintage" scents.

GlobalGirlyGirl
GlobalGirlyGirl

"Cause I'm a woman...Enjoli!"

At 16, you think you're all grown up. A woman. This was my first signature scent. It smelled exactly how I saw myself at the time - strong, fierce, and mature. A little full of myself? More than a little. I was cocky as all get out.

You need a big perfume to match an ego that big. Enjoli was that. Feminine and floral - not in an Laura Ashley tea length dress kind of way. Think Ann Taylor pantsuit in the office - with the requisite shoulder pads of the 80s.

It lasted a long time and the dry down was very warm and musky. Great perfume. It was my first. And you never forget your first. ;-)

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

Enjoli is one of my perennial favourites going on 27 years! It is a classic green floral. Very femme. I have vintage perfume, vintage cologne, and the current concentrated cologne. Enjoli has not changed much. I suspect my vintage is smoother because of age not because the current product is different. Packaging couldn't be uglier. I get lots of compliments when I wear Enjoli. Not to mention all the laughs and nostalgia moments when people ask me what I'm wearing, lol!

This is a bright floral green aldehyde on me. It opens with a burst of fresh airy aldehydes and slowly settles into a bright floral heart, eventually settling into a woody green, slightly mossy base. I find this to be a cool bright fragrance, with equal doses of flowers and green leaves. I can detect a bit of oakmoss here, but its not heavy, so it never feels too heavy or mossy, but maintains a green brightness. I think it's recognizable as coming from a certain era, as I can't think of any current fragrances that smell like this.

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

I wore Enjoli just about 30 yrs ago, when I was 13-14. My best guy friend said I smelled "like fabric softener". Oh, the memories. Enjoli reminds me of feathered hair, mohair boatneck puffy sleeve sweaters, liquid roll on cherry flavored lip gloss, and who can forget that infectious TV commercial jingle?! :-)

mimila
mimila

I scored a large (4 oz.)? bottle of vintage Enjoli at a thrift store. Like most folks of a certain age I remember seeing the T.V. ads and hearing the tagline " the 8 hour fragrance for the 24 hour woman." Which frankly seems like a lot for any fragrance to live up to. I have been wearing Enjoli at work for the last 2 days and honestly its pretty, floral and well, feminine. it does last 8 hours easily and I have not smelled even remotely masculine so I that and my gender would make me a 24 hour woman, however,I was expecting something sexier considering the ad campaign. My coworker was , as usual, bathed in Elizabeth Taylors Passion and frankly she smelled more exciting than I did.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I used to wear this in the late 80's. It was a strong perfume. Sort of a classic. All these reviews say it has been reformulated. Sad. Of course it probably wouldn't be quite my thing anymore anyways.

pfcs
pfcs

I haven't had this in many years, but would enjoy it again. The ad campaign was genius for the time.

meg1969
meg1969

I really wish Charles of the Ritz (or whoever owns this now) would put it back in circulation. What a fab frag and even better ad campaign! They could reintroduce the frag in an ad in between mad men episodes. Seriously, I think this was genius it its day and I hate that ebayers are charging so much for what was an $8 drug store scent.

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Really liked this back in the day. 1980's. Looks like it's discontinued. Just as I wanted to try it again. And Many are getting rich on E-bay and amazon on Enjoli. Not about to pay the price for it. Sorry I will find a new fragrance.

cisco
cisco

I have a small bottle that was gifted to me by awesomeness. Perhaps mine is missing some of the notes because, in my opinion, this is an Orietal Floral. It has great sillage and lasting power.

It is not a light fragrance and seems better suited for cool/cold weather. I think I would put this in the evening category.

This is pleasant but I do not think I would purchase more.

beautyenvy
beautyenvy

I have always remembered that commercial and loved it when my mom would wear it. It was a favorite on her mirrored tray along with chanel no. 5, Georgio, and Shalimar. Don't really remember what the perfume smells like now, but I'm not a fan of the Charles of the Ritz fragrances.

Lassie
Lassie

Is this stuff still around? And did they reformulate it, if it is? Because the last time I saw it in a drugstore I spritzed a tiny spritz for old times sake and thought it was very different - it smelled...bitter! Definitely not the heady stuff I sprayed on every day years ago. Bitter!...(last time I wore it was 20 years ago, when my new mother-in-law called me in early December when she was out Christmas shopping. Panting, breathless, she said "quick, tell me, what kind of perfume do you like? What kind do you want for Christmas?" I was speechless, LOL! WTH??? Well, at least I wouldn't be stuck with another bottle of nameless body lotion, lol! So, I said, "I always liked Enjoli" - though I wanted to say Chanel No. 5 or Diorissimo, I named the old fallback, Enjoli, lol.)

big bunches of flowers, mixed with spice, rolled into a carpet of amber musk, dipped lightly in vanilla.
very strong, very in your face, but very captivating. a great perfume for a fun night out. thats how i remember it. i loved enjoli.

TrinitySydney
TrinitySydney

My mom's signature fragrance for years, and my dad was madly in love with her always, but especially when she wore this.

This will always remind me of my mom hugging me. <3

arg1971
arg1971

another perfume I wore back in the day in my teen era Iknow that it was very popular too bad they dont carry this in the local stores anymore

luckystar12
luckystar12

It was my first teen fragance... no more words, I Love it

Ari
Ari

I loved, loved, loved this fragrance back in college and to the writer Nebraskaloves....You are so right, that damn so stays with you, cause after having read your review, I could hear the song and see the woman in the commercial.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I remember this from the 70's very well! EVERYONE WORE THIS SCENT along with La Jardan. It's along the lines of Charlie (Cheap N Chic). Enjoli is not bad but not great either. I wouldn't ware for even a day-brings back too many memories for me. Its Ok on someone else but just not me.

katyas
katyas

I picked up a bottle today - my local Big Lots had a bottle for $6, so ... I took a sniff, was happy with what I smelled and brought it home. I get a lot of spice - such as carnation, orchid, tuberose, etc. - and of course the amber, and the sandalwood, maybe a bit of the oakmoss. I don't get much in the way of sweet florals, just the spicy ones. But that's the way I like it - on me, then, it is basically an Oriental floral or Spicy Floral or whatever the correct way to put that would be.

yzqrvpx
yzqrvpx

There were reviews up for this perfume but they "disappeared". I remember there were at least two reviews. *Poof* They are gone.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I was surprised to see this staple of the 1970's had no reviews yet, so I took a trip to a local discount store to sample it and refresh my memory.

Enjoli was worn by many women my mother's age and by many of my babysitters in the 1970's. It had a very memorable ad campaign: "I can bring home the bacon/fry it up in a pan/and never, never, never let you forget you're a man, 'cause I'm a woman! Enjoli!" (If you're old enough to remember the TV commercial, good luck getting that song out of your head, LOL!)

Enjoli is a pretty floral, with notes of green stems and flowers in a vase, on a musky dry-down. Nice, but nothing special. I could only find it in cologne concentration, but it has good staying power for a cologne. Surprisingly, it doesn't smell dated or distinctly of the 1970's, unlike some of the other drugstore classics that are still around, such as Charlie. If you're looking for an inexpensive floral for Spring or Summer, this would be a nice one.

Enjoli by Charles of the Ritz 3.83 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Charles of the Ritz Enjoli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Charles of the Ritz Enjoli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Enjoli by Charles of the Ritz. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Enjoli by Charles of the Ritz represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.