Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Uninhibited Cher for women

Uninhibited Cher for women
dislike

Uninhibited Cher for women Pictures Uninhibited Cher for women Pictures Uninhibited Cher for women Pictures

Uninhibited is the first perfume from the pop icon and actress Cher, launched in November 1987 in collaboration with the Parfums Stern company.

Top notes: bergamot, orange and aldehydes. Heart: heliotrope, ylang-ylang, geranium, rose, jasmine and tobacco. Base: cedar, musk, sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver.

It is available as EDP of 30, 50 and 200 ml, as EDT of 100 ml, body lotion and body powder.

Bergamot Orange Aldehydes

Jasmine Geranium Ylang-Ylang Tobacco Heliotrope Rose

vetyver Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Vanille

Uninhibited Fragrance Reviews

gatsby

@ Alex Uninhibited is one of the few scents that it gets better with the age. If the bottle was unopened, the scent is even more beautiful than it was when it was produced. I have many bottles - even the splash is almost the same juice as I remember from late 80s. More than this, if the bottle is capsuled (with atomiseur) the quality is simply unchanged. This can be proved by few ladies here I already sent this masterpiece - of course, unopened boxes since 1989. it is strong, maybe bit too strong, and the ingredients, I think just because the recipe was with natural ones ar extremely high quality through the years. So, if you like it and you remember this beauty, keep it for you and be sure that when you will open it, you ll be mesmerized! Even the colour is the same (in my cases) but well, I kept my boxes in the original white carton packer and in the best condition. In any other condition, ligt, or bad temperature, yes, it can be changed. Still wondering WHO made this GRANDE OPERA...no one knows...

alex_fr
alex_fr

Hello from France, as a men, i used this women perfume at the age of 18 in 1991! i bought it in Geneva, i loved this strong smell and unique composition (so many ingredients distinctive). I did not found any fragrance like it, copied or close to, few days ago the top acid 'citrus' melt with cedarwood+vetiver base, of Chanel chance eaux vives made me remember Uninhibited, but without power of middle notes. Of course it is very invasive as a perfume concentration. i wonder to know, i have an unopened "Uninhibited Perfume" 30 mL, in xmas paper present, bougth in 1992, so it is more than 25 years in a dry place, should it be useable or just for collection or ebay selling? [email protected]

kameron
kameron

Got a sample, what a fairy tale! Deep, strong amazing vanilla santal and fine tobacco - this is what remains after more than 12 hours -, blended in a greanium and heliotrope essences (yes, the heliotrope and vanilla here are to die for), tamed in a stunning and very long lasting base! It is almost completely disappeared from everywhere, no matter the place you are searching for this one rarity. I heard that Cher is working with her team for a new fragrance. it will be for sure a different and unique one but I dare to confirm that Uninhibited will be the KING ...or the QUEEN of all celeb scents ever.I just wondering WHO is the creator of this masterpiece...it s a mystery and it seems no one knows. Better with the age, well, just like Cher ))
it s incredible how beautiful it settles down on your skin after so many years.

@Ranya
I must say they're completely different, no question about it. I do however sense something similar in the drydown but it might be just my nose. Also I wear BO pretty rarely and Uninhibited I wear at least once a week! So there's no competition and no way to duplicate Uninhibited

Ranya

@VILLEY No way...I have TF BO and I simply cannot detect any noticeable similarities, not at all in the drydown except a very fine vanilla aura, but also the vanilla is different in BO. Uninhibited is delicate, unique, tobacco and sandalwood in addition with vanilla (I have no idea wich vanilla they used in the 80 probably a natural one because it is incrediblle in Uninhibited) but BO is more incense, ambery and austere in the dry down. Vanisia by Creed is closer but not too close, I simply know that the genius of Uninhibited (and well, Cher's personality) simply cannot be duplicated, no matter wich one is in discussion! If it was properly and carefully stored, (moreover if the bottle was unopened) the scent is UNCHANGED and has the same quality, no matter the years.

villey91

I've reviewed Uninhibited before but I have to say! I've found a new fragrance that has similarities. Not a lot but some: Black Orchid (edP) by Tom Ford! The drydown of Uninhibited and Black Orhid. Something so similar! Uninhibited has a bit more vanilla/heliotrope and sandalwood but the drydown is the same kind of spicy and musky sweet. Almost salty.

But like it's been said before also Vanilia by L'artisan, and Vanisia by Creed (and some say even Chanel no 5) have some similarities also but not as much as Black Orchid.

ggabriella
ggabriella

One of the most prescious gem in my collection. I keep it for real special occasion. Amazing. Simply beautiful.

Ranya

the definition of opulence, LUXURY and extravaganza! This is probably the most mysterious, rich and complex tobacco/vanilla/heliotrope/santal combination in a vintage, simply stunning. Can t be imitated today! This is a HQ NICHE, not at all a celeb scent.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

If you can pick up a bottle do it. Its unique , and the heliotrope is to die for in this . Its expertly created, and some of the industry experts mention this as one of the best created...

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Cher's debut fragrance Uninhibited was launched in 1987, at around the same time that Elizabeth Taylor launched Passion. Of course we all know that Liz Taylor got all the glory and her Passion was selling big time. But Uninhibited has not really disappeared and has become a beloved vintage and niche fragrance. This is a beautiful and elaborately composed celebrity fragrance that is unlike other celebrity scents selling today. This was done with love, with a lot of meaning and with formulaic notes that are becoming harder to find in fragrances. I adore the design of the bottle. Very unique and very mysterious. It even looks Oriental and even if this might sorta feel Oriental it's one of those rare Orientals that aren' showing off. The first thing that drew me to this scent was the heliotrope. Heliotrope is also present in the formula for Elizabeth Taylor's Passion and it's my favorite purple flower, somewhat similar to the iris flower when it's transferred into a fragrance. It gives a perfume a touch of class, powder and elegance. But this fragrance is not all about girly girl powder or even flowers. As the name suggests this is a scent that has more in common with scents like Opium. It's a gender- bender and unisex scent that smells so luxurious, so expensive, and yet so flexible. Day time night time, any season winter or spring. Fragrantica lists the notes of bergamot, citrus aldehydes heliotrope, ylang-ylang, geranium, rose, jasmine tobacco cedar, musk, sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver. This is not very heavy and in fact this is what makes it such a perfect scent. It's not light either just very well balanced. It starts with strong aldehydes. A citric scent of orange and bergamot dominates the top along with those aldehydes. The heart has a strange blend of incensed flowers. There's gotta be incense although they are calling it tobacco. There's heliotrope, rose, jasmine geranium and ylang-ylang. These flowers are not your sweet girly girl flowers. No sr. They are grown women who are projecting their maturity and diva aspects. I can smell this on Cher. It suits her personality. Bold, feminine, sexy and strong. She takes charge and gets what she wants. The jasmine is really jumping out at me and it's one of those powerful jasmines like the jasmine in ALIEN by Thierry Mugler. In fact I would put this fragrance in the same family. The base is composed of musk, leather, sandalwood, a touch of vanilla and vetiver. It's more spicy than sweet the vetiver is really turning spicy on me. This scent is also very classically musky. It's totally unisex because of this. It's got a ton of leather and musk, along with the tobacco note and thus suited to men's colognes. The vanilla is not heavy it's just there to give the fragrance a longer duration and just a little bit of sweetness. But this fragrance is mainly dark, deep, mysterious and edgy. It smells like someone layered a woman's perfume with a man's cologne. Perhaps Cher was on to something here because this foreshadowed scents like Tom Ford's Black Orchid or Dior's Midnight Poison. It has that same strong scent that both a man and woman can rock. I love this fragrance a lot and wear it out on dates. It's very rare to find the woman or man that wears this so I'm usually the only person smelling of uninhibited when I go out. And no it does not make me feel uninhibited. I'm uninhibited enough as it is without a perfume. This is a scent that just makes me feel very sexy very womanly and seductive. It's not too far from the sexiness you feel from Shalimar. So if you like that sorta thing, go for it. It's hot, sexy, glamorous, showy and free, free to do as she pleases. Rock on Cher. We love you. PS I wish Barbara Streisand had released a fragrance or if she did let me know!

mummeli
mummeli

Uninhibited is highly unusual. One of a kind. I enjoy it so much, but somehow I find it too overwhelming on my own skin. It's very noticeable and somewhat sweet. Also it lasts forever even when applied very lightly (one spray is definitely enough for me), and at some point it always makes me feel slightly nauseous and gives me a headache. So, I'm rarely willing to take the risk to wear it. It's a pity really, because the scent is so unique and beautiful. Perhaps this is the kind of fragrance I'd prefer to smell on a lover. Just not on myself.

gatsby

through the decades, still the same masterpiece. If there is a "Women" scent I love how is blooming on my skin, this is the one, even though I am not wear it outside anymore. One reason why is that I tired to tell everyone what is it and from wich century is coming :) A rare aristocratic and unique aura...it can be seen floating above you, not only smelled!

Edee
Edee

Need to come together and ask Cher to bring it back. They can have the old formula and a modern (Lighter formula) for those who would like a lighter version. How can we get this done. Anyone know how to reach her.

villey91

The notes listed here in fragrantica are not completely correct. The official notes are:
TOP: blend of casablanca lily, peony, dried fruits & rum
MIDDLE: lilac, carnation, honeysuckle & tuberose
BASE: sandalwood, heliotrope, vanilla & musk

It's so sad that this is discnonitued. However, you can still find this scent on ebay in top condition. Not the cheapest price but I know some discontinued newer perfumes that sell a lot higher on ebay. I have many bottles of this so now I'm not worried. I'm waiting for Cher's new perfume which will launch sometime next year !

Uninhibited begins with sparkling attention seeking aldehydes and fruity sweet rum and some ylang ylang! Kind of like coca cola or honey drizzled fruits. The flowers appear in seconds as well.
The scent's top & middle -stages are strong. Huge sillage, not unlike Chanel n.5 or Oscar by De La Renta. There actually is similarities with those two in the opening. But this is more sweet and sexy. Words that pop in to my mind when I smell this would be: fabulous, diva, diamonds, rock&roll... Cher.
In the middle stages (30 minutes after spraying) there is flowers(peony, geranium, lily), vanilla and maybe some ambergris and tobacco.
The drydown is woody and sweet. Lots of musk. Cher describes the end like this "first you have this sexy and sensuous opening and suddenly at the end it's like something you would eat or it's like there's a baby somewhere, innosence. Super cozy and luxurious. I smell real vanilla absolute with sweet musk and sandalwood in the end. Somehow the drydown is not just sweet but it's sweet and Salty ! I'm never really sure what heliotrope smells like but it is listed in the base notes.

BTW the description of the bottles is not quite right here. Really there's: Pure perfume of 3,7ml, 7,5ml, 30 ml and 50ml ! EDT of 10ml, 45ml & 90 ml (splash and spray bottles) There was also body bath, lotion,"after bath body sensation" and body powder of it.

PS.
Cher also still wears this perfume ! She has a few bottles left she has said.
Before Uninhibited, Cher used to layer Charles of The Ritz , Ritz perfume with Vanilia by L'artisan. And that was her inspiration for Uninhibited. She also used to wear Ombre Rose and Opium, she stated in the 80's. I know also what she wears these days and I'm happy to wear same stuff. For example she wears vanillas from Lavanila, CSP & Outremer. She's my perfume guide since Uninhibited was such a success scent wise. The success business wise was Ok, but they had to stop making Uninhibited since it was too expensive to make. The perfume 50ml used to cost 300-400 dollars in the 1989. Which by inflation would be even more these days. EdT's sold around 40-50 dollars. No celebrity perfume has been more expensive (and IMO luxurious) as Cher's.

Ranya

Increasingly harder and harder to find and I DESPERATELY need one of this masterpiece till it s gone forever from everywhere. I smelled years ago, someone wore this and when she told me that it s about Uninhibited, since then I am dreaming to have a full bottle. Only few offers on the internet stores, 99% of them, opened or damaged bottles.
Oh, beautiful Cher, WHY??? :(

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

I love Cher! This perfume is so 80’s for me! Big hair, spandex, and retro music videos! Uninhibited is like the ultimate sexy musk fragrance for me. I absolutely love ylang ylang and its powdery sweetness mixes perfectly with the musk in this fragrance. The aldehyde ylang ylang blend reminds me of the way Chanel Eau Premiere smells in the opening, which is another fragrance I love. The sandalwood and vanilla are most prominent in the dry down. I got this in the long lost perfumes version in a swap from a really sweet fellow fragrantica member and I couldn’t be happier with this fragrance, it’s a definite love for me!

loismonahan
loismonahan

Couldn't stand the suspense any longer! I had been toying with the idea of getting this but price and scarsity had hindered me. Finally ordered.

All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!

Love everything about this fragrance! It just drifts around me (so far it's been 5 hours). Not blaring - just a sensuous, gentle cloud.

Wish (like everyone else!) that it would be reissued.

I agree with those who perceive this as lighter than one would expect. I get a kind of burnt/rubbery quality which is common in vintage - not sure if that was what it smelled like originally (someone suggested real ambergris). That doesn't last long with any kind of intensity, and then you get a rather tame, but rich blend. I was hoping for a reasonably strong tobacco note, but at least it's more or less unisex. Next time I'll have to spray more to see what that reveals.

UPDATE: The tobacco was more noticeable in the far drydown. It has a kind of parfum quality, with deceptive projection. However, when I used my hand to waft it towards my nose, it was rich, dense, and natural-smelling. I have the 90 ml bottle, which I think is the EdT.

kelleybelle
kelleybelle

Golden, warm, sweet, rich, buttery-sweet rum. I love this scent for fall weather. The only thing that comes remotely close is Alien Le Gout de Parfum. Similar, but not quite, and this is richer and more quality. I like to put a little of this scent inside my jackets and coats :) I have the pure parfum. A treasure. If you find it, snap it up!!

goingblonde
goingblonde

First applied smells a bit like cinnamon but not for long. A warm spicy scent that reminds me a bit of CK's Obsession (the vintage one).

After an hour it drys down to the most georgeous Sandalwood/Vanilla scent ever !

Unlike the celebrity scents of today where its almost impossible to believe they actaully wear what they put their name on- I can believe Cher wearing this one especially in the 80's when it was made .

I wish it had better longevity - it's about average or less on me.

On an added note note the bottle is lovely & very very well made .

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Maple and caramel lead the way with tobacco influences in Cher's Uninhibited perfume. A warm maple syrup, akin to an old-fashioned syrupy flavor over waffles in a bed and breakfast surrounds you immediately. My first impression was that so much more was forthcoming. This is a heavy perfume. I could almost hear Cher telling the perfumer to just "do it" as they made this perfume stronger and stronger without thinking of the consequences. It's as if she wanted a perfume over the top and that's what she got. A perfume as unforgettable as the woman.
A mix of woods appear next, warm resinous, gooey and thick, almost sappy-like. I inhaled deeply. This stuff is beautiful. Rich spices swirled in amidst the dangling oakmoss. This is a thick, full-bodied perfume, so enticing and seductive I'm not surprised production has stopped. The cost was probably prohibitive amidst all cutbacks, regulations and politics. And perhaps Cher wouldn't cave in to an inferior product. Because this fragrance is amazing. Twenty-six years later and it's an ass-kicker that opens your eyes.
Uninhibited opens with a bit of citrus and aldehydes to let you know this is a strong perfume from yesteryear and you won't be disappointed. But the aldehydes disappear within seconds. Sweet and seductive with ylang-ylang, a laid-back almond vanilla courtesy of heliotrope, a dry, dry bitter, musty vetyver hinted with dark chocolate and a rich tobacco, and just when you think you're in a throwback to the '80's oriental perfume heaven, along comes a boozy vanilla scent uncommon to today's perfumes.
Uninhibited is strong, ample and robust. The perfumes notes blend beautifully together to create a potent concoction that is substantial. The bottle itself is an art deco work of delight with its cap reminiscent of Chers' outlandish headpieces designed by Bob Mackie.
If you like heavy woody orientals, look for Uninhibited on the secondary market. It is no longer in production, unfortunately.
It's classified as a floral aldehyde and I cannot see why this perfume has that classification. It just doesn't fit. Even Cher herself describes it as a "spicy oriental that is sweet". A stunner just like the woman that put her name on it.

ShawnStJames
ShawnStJames

I must be blessed by a fragrance angel, I found this a few months back at a thrift for for $2!! And its a large bottle!! Almost full, I snatched it up, it is pure heaven! <3

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

After seeing all these post, I feel relieved that im not the only person on this planet that is wanting jump on the "could turn back time machine bus" and raid the Broadway and bullock's or Lord and Taylors ?, depending where im thrown in the time machine to get bottles of this seductive perfume !.

When I tried this perfume I was a child and even then I wanted this potion, because the scent was intensely mysterious and exotic and after seeing the notes on this site now I understand why it was hard to guess what was in the perfume, interesting combination that created sexy character of a fragrance and the bottle of the and box with a lot of Arabic inspired design its jus...t wow!.

But its a shame there isn't a time machine for all of us to hop on ,buy this fragrance and come back to our present world !,

But maybe all of us should write on Cher's face book or twitter homepage and just implore the divine diva to grant us our hearts desire for her fable perfume to be resurrected from the grave and bring us and the next generation the pleasure of its fabulous fragrance once more and forever....

who's with me !?

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

I am most definitely uninhibited and would take great delight in getting my old whiskers smothered in this. Given its popularity it would be lovely if Cher was to make it available again. Failing the likelihood of that, a strong waft from a bottle of something Burlesque would get the whiskers twitching with excitement :o)

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Was totally in love with Uninhibited (and all things Cher in general!) as teenager. It was warm and effervescent. The combination of heliotrope and vanilla smells like concentrated Coca-Cola on the skin! Recently, I stumbled across a new bottle of Uninhibited on EBay and my obsession with this bewitching elixir continues! This fragrance is both comforting and undeniably sensual. I'm amazed by the longevity of Uninhibited EDT: 5+ hours! This is the Holy Grail of vintage perfumes--expertly crafted and distinctive.

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

CHER please, PLEASE Re-release your perfume! I have never got to get it as I was like 9 or 10 when it first came out. I want it soooo bad!

firestar2124
firestar2124

I still have about half of a large bottle that I purchased in high school. I have stored it very carefully, and the scent is still true. This was my signature scent for several years, and I can't wear it without strong memories. One of my all-time favorites, even though I normally prefer lighter scents.

shannonl68
shannonl68

Used to LOVE this fragrance....wish I still had it, but I just sampled Tom Ford's Black Orchid and it "turns back time" for me....anyone else? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, lol

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I have a tiny bottle of the pure perfume Uninhibited, and I think it's really very lovely. Perhaps because it is the parfum, not the EdP or EdT, what I smell is very different from the listed notes or category. Listed as a floral aldehyde? To me it's a no-contest oriental, possibly a floral oriental at most. Interestingly, it seems almost to go in reverse order of the usual, moving from base notes to top notes. The opening is musky, which seems to modulate into a quality powdery-woody amber scent. There is definitely a good amount of vanilla in it as well. Only after 5 or 10 minutes do the flowers become evident. At this point, I can detect heliotrope, a subtle rose, and a hint of ylang-ylang or jasmine. Finally, I find "top" notes as a thread of citrus and vetiver. Wait a little more, and a beautiful, lightly smoky sandalwood appears. Uninhibited has a well-layered richness and a smooth, velvety rondure that I find very appealing. It is sensual, but doesn't shout. I found it very classy and well-done---a good formula using good ingredients, confidently executed altogether. I wish this were still in production, but doubt whether the current sandalwood supplies would be up to snuff; I suspect it would suffer the same fate as Samsara and other perfumes that had an important sandalwood component.

Sillage for me is quite moderate unless applied very heavily, but it lasts well, somewhere between moderate to long duration (perhaps 5+ hours).

Unreservedly recommended.

akeener
akeener

I remember when this scent first came out, the big fuss was that it used so much vanilla (which apparently wasn't common before 1987). I always thought it smelled like root beer. Definitely unique in it's time... very "Cher."

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

Found this little treasure on "The Perfumed Court" website and ordered a sample of it. Received it today and sprayed it on my neck and wrist on my way to work. Sure enough, I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE with this fragrance! My co-workers noticed the smell as soon as I walked in and said it smelt great on me, I smiled and said what it was and that I ordered it exclusively offline. I received compliments on it all day and am so gonna hunt down a big bottle of this little jem for daily wear. When you first spray it, you are hit with a strong tobacco/jasmine/sandalwood/rose scent that is still clean and fresh smelling. It is very earthy, yet glamorous at the same time. After a few hours it settles down to a nice sweet sandalwood smell. It lasts for hours! You do not need much of it because it is strong yet subtle. People didn't even know it was perfume, a lady said it could definitely be a unisex perfume. A great buy and find

amanda0901
amanda0901

This doesn't suit me at all - I smelt as if I'd been doused in WD40!

@ Celebrity89 - it wasn't Hartnell's In Love, was it?

celebrity89
celebrity89

An all time favorite. So original.
The only thing that comes close is Ellen by Ellen Tracy and maybe Revlon Unforgettable. Oh! and some fragrance from the 60's that came in a heart shaped bottle that I wish I could remember!!!!

Gorgeous! This is not a floral aldehyde in my opinion. This is pure woody floral. This opens with a blast. Florals, woods, spices, it smells of old school, in-your-face, over the top glamour. Of course it does, it's Cher! Any aldehydes make a brief appearance here. Within a few minutes, it settles into a blend of sweet sandalwood, a touch each of vanilla and vetiver, and loads upon loads of ylang ylang. Carnation peeks through, giving it an ever so subtle hint of spice. This smells deep, rich, and warm. Like Cher, this scent is no wallflower. Not the safest blind buy, but if you get a chance, worth experiencing.

sistertricked
sistertricked

The first time I tried this on my skin I could not believe it was just that. All the talk about such sex bomb and the amazingness of it made me expect just too much and I felt I had got so little ... "I don't understand this! I dismissed the whole question." Time after time I would try a whiff or two without much expectation. And Indeed, I thought: where IS that sexiness, that message supposed and implied by its name, that something which should turn you on or say something about you in that respect? I didn't have the answer. Until one day when I had no perfume on ... went on about my day, sweating. After a while the smell of my sweat drying on skin was something I enjoyed: a somewhat ambery and salty, sweetish organic smell. At that point I remembered Uninhibited, a scent which does nothing on my skin but which smells similar, so I washed when at home and then applied. In fact I get with Uninhibited the same effect as with my natural smell, only amped up, quicklier made to happen. At that point only did i understand that the sandalwood played the main role in 'interpreting' my skin, making it manifest itself, come out and send floating whiffs of... myself. The smell of salty bread crust at the beginning and then the delicate vanilla molding inside my skin's effusions giving way to a sweet-sourish exudation. I like the way I perceive this scent, it's the smell of heated body so... now I get it. Time after time I 'read' it more and more and I reach for it often enough. It's great experience even if it' not really love. Worh discovering!

Blackirish
Blackirish

I just finished reading these reviews and I am wanting so badly to try this. It is described just as you would imagine a frangrance from this exotic woman would be. As I am anti-celebrity perfume due to the current overload of celeb.perfumes...none which I find distinct from one anonther or even stand out one of a kind sexiness. Not to mention everyone and their mother is on this quick rich perfume band wagon it seems caring about the smell doesn't seem to be priority .(just my opinion) so I had forgotten back in the decade of good time and originality we had such an exotic female icon make a perfume.this seems as if it stands all Tests of time & is one of those "be a real woman to wear this" perfumes. Damn,I want to own this so bad. I see the prices on eBay though.....a bit out of my range. But I'm tempted to begin saving up & making a blind buy(something I never do) because this seems absolutely worth it. If you own this, you are so freakn lucky. :) hopefully I will be next.

passionata20
passionata20

11. february 2012

I have found following information:
This scent was inspired by the combination of the two fragrances that Cher wore together- Charles of the Ritz and Vanilla by Jean Laporte.
Can´t wait to try this one.

UPDATE: (31. july 2012):
Ladies! May i just write one line for now until i will DARE to wear this fragrance on my skin?

WOOOOOOOOW!!!!

(this is just a first impression, that left me speechless, and i will come back with the normal review)

Bethany.1984
Bethany.1984

Love, love, love this perfume and also wish it were still in production. I still have a few bottles of it.....was fortunate enough to find a good deal on it online a few years ago. It is such a distinct and clean fragrance, but also very sexy and mysterious. I wear it both for day and night, but I layer it more for evening wear. I'm always getting compliments and people asking me what I'm wearing. There's been many a disappointed lady.......and a couple of men........when I mention that it is no longer available. I wish Cher would bring it back! I have never found any other fragrance that comes even close to the smell of Uninhibited. So unique!

JL_Vixen
JL_Vixen

This is a scent that I wish was still in production--I managed to be lucky enough to find several small bottles of it online (the EDP not the EDT). The scent is strong at first but it takes only a few minutes on my skin to settle and be very lovely. The highest notes are the bergamot, vanilla, rose, and sandalwood. This is probably by far my favorite scent and I am not usually a big fan of stronger, less floral (and fruity) scents. This one reacted really well with my chemistry and yes, I've had several friends test a small dot on themselves and it smells very different on everyone. Out of the 10 people who have gotten to try it 8 of them are now searching for their own bottles online. This is a fantastic scent for sure.

flovie
flovie

I bought this perfume when I was in high school! Back then every girl (except me) was wearing either Giorgio Beverly Hills or Calvin Klein Obsession. I still hate both of those perfumes today! I always loved Cher and I loved this perfume from the first time I smelled it! It was different. I also got lots of compliments wearing it! I have never found any fragrance that I like as well. I hope Cher will re-release it too!

myskiesareblue
myskiesareblue

I purchased this fragrance for my mom who had been raving about it for years since she sampled it a our local Nordstrom(and i do mean 15 yrs later). I just happen to google Cher parfums and found a bottle 1 oz ebay for about $200 needless to say she droped when she unwrapped her gift! I will say it does smell beautiful. In my humble opinion its kinda soapy, floral, powdery soft, sweet, ever evolving and very mysterious because you never get one specific note. If you like No. 5 by Chanel you will enjoy also.

visione
visione

This really was just about the ONLY "celebrity" fragrance woth buying, in my opinion. It was SO layered and complex that it obviously went far beyond the current drop of "candy/bubble-gum/flowery" celeb fragrances.

Like Cher, it was womanly, sexy, mysterious and took its time to reveal itself fully. The ambergris notes predominated - very musky and earthy. The add in the scent of vanilla (and this is a dense vanilla, not a light whiff) and heliotrope. Heliotrope is a hard note to capture and sustain - sometimes what is called heliotrope is nothing more than a sort of flowery powder scent, but this is the true heliotrope. Glorious! Finally, this amazing mix edged into sandalwood, and I always felt it was sandalwood that gave the perfume the insane sexiness. It was a very oily sandalwood finish, but in addition, I always detected a note of incense and even a hint of myrrh. This was a work of great elegance and heart - not a scent for teens or tweens - but for a confident, sexy yet playful woman who could tame her world.

Wish I had some of the original in my current fragrance wardrobe. Time for a re-launch of the original formulation? A thousand times yes!

idressyou
idressyou

One of the most stunning fragrances ever made, hands down. I kept seeing this at outrageous prices online and, of course, it peaked my interest. So, I tracked down a misspelled listing on the bay and got a partial bottle for a relative song. I've been completely obsessed ever since. I can't possibly do it justice, but will do my best to describe how it smells to me.

I first smell a healthy dose of fresh gray ambergris... the real stuff, not the synthetic & sad copies we are accustomed to nowadays... but true dirty, musky, earthy, fresh (in the unaged sense of the word), gray ambergris. Then comes the heliotrope... the best heliotrope I've ever smelled in anything... none of that weird Play-doh undertone... just gorgeous powdery softness. Next are the vanilla, sandalwood (dry/soft/white, but warm - more like driftwood to my nose) and the florals (though unless I really concentrate on identifying them, don't pick out any certain one... they're very well blended and smooth).

This lasts on my skin (oily) the entire day (live in a pretty humid climate), and in my hair pretty much until I wash it again. I aim the spray so that I hit my pulse points on my neck and the underside of my hair at the same time, so that I get more bang for my buck... especially since this is a small fortune to replace and want it to last as long as possible. One spray each side is plenty, since this has quite a bit of sillage and as I already stated, a good amount of staying power. This review is for the edt spray, by the way. I do have the pure perfume on its way to me, and will add any differences observed in that form (if any) as soon as I have it to test.

Carla
Carla

If I could turn back time back to when Cher launched Uninhibited in 1988 I would buy it by the case. Thanks to a helpful Fragrantica member more than 2 years ago, I was luckily able to get another bottle of this discontinued perfume. That bottle, as well as a few more, are long gone. If you believe that exceptional celebrity perfumes are far and few between, you will be amazed at this 70's diva dramatic production possibly leaving you in a state of awe.

Uninhibited is an extremely light floral with the concentration purely on the vanilla. The aldehyde's are apparent in the opening but only for a short instance with a bit of orange and bergomot for good measure. Travel into the middle stage and the heliotrope with it's vanilla essence takes over the jasmine and rose notes. Into the drydown, sandalwood, high end sandalwood, imported no doubt, adds a warm sensation and Gothic feel which I'm assuming Cher wanted to express and did accomplish. More vanilla, superb vanilla and the result is one great perfume. I find it similar to Creed's Vanisia. Longevity is a good 5-7 hours. This review is based on the original as the second version seems to have been tweaked out of sync.

You don't have to be A Scamp, A Camp and A Bit of A Tramp to sport this fragrance, however, I would not recommend it for the uncool--you should be uninhibited as the name implies.