Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Uninhibited Cher for women

Uninhibited Cher for women
dislike

Uninhibited Cher for women Pictures

Uninhibited is the first perfume from the pop icon and actress Cher, launched in November 1987 in collaboration with the Parfums Stern company.

Top notes: bergamot, orange and aldehydes. Heart: heliotrope, ylang-ylang, geranium, rose, jasmine and tobacco. Base: cedar, musk, sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver.

It is available as EDP of 30, 50 and 200 ml, as EDT of 100 ml, body lotion and body powder.

Bergamot Orange Aldehydes

Jasmine Geranium Ylang-Ylang Tobacco Heliotrope Rose

vetyver Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Vanille

Uninhibited Fragrance Reviews

villey91
villey91

Perfection in a bottle. Cherfum ! lol.
... but Seriously, why isn't there ANY perfumes like this today ? !
I have smelled all kind of perfumes that could come close to this and nothing is anything like this. Closest things that I've experienced has been once when I put some body shop's Vanilla (discontinued) and layered it with 1-2 sprays of Obsession. And once Pheromone with CSP Vanilla ...came really close ! Also the discontinued Dior Addict reminds me of this too a little. And talk about a sillage! I think today only Chanel n5 has the sillage this one has...Kinda sad really. This one really is a masterpiece and everyone has complimented me on it when I wear it.
This is not too sweet for those who like florientals and woody stuff and not too "dark", woody etc for those who like sweet sugary vanilla scents. This is a perfect mix.

I'm not sure if the notes that are listed here are correct...but the"Official"notes are vanilla(l'artisan style), blend of lily, peony, carnations, sandalwood, dried fruits, rum and musk. I read about it from Cher's statements about the perfume from 80's newspaper articles. None of them mentioned aldehydes, vetiver, tabacco etc...but who knows. Also Cher has stated that her own mix of L'artisan's Vanilia and COR's "Ritz" put together is same as Uninhibited. (And Suprise suprise...they are discontinued too. But I'm definitely gonna try and get them from someplace and try them together!)

And btw the description of the bottles is not quite right here. At least at the moment all the old bottles you can find on ebay for example, are: Pure perfume of 3,7 - 30 ml (but I think there's bigger ones also), EDT of 10ml - 90 ml (splash and spray bottles, both.) There was also body bath, lotion, after bath body sensation and body powder of it.

I don't think there's ever been celebrity perfumes this expensive...Which is kinda cool actually. I wish Cher or someone would bring this back (worldwide)!
AND If anyone has this amazing perfume please feel free to contact me if you'd like to swap it with me for something or sell etc. I will take any bottle. I'm desperate and I want to hoard this while I still can...ha! :)

goingblonde
goingblonde

First applied smells a bit like cinnamon but not for long. A warm spicy scent that reminds me a bit of CK's Obsession (the vintage one).

After an hour it drys down to the most georgeous Sandalwood/Vanilla scent ever !

Unlike the celebrity scents of today where its almost impossible to believe they actaully wear what they put their name on- I can believe Cher wearing this one especially in the 80's when it was made .

I will be saving it for special occasions since I have just a small amt I was lucky enough to get at a resonable price on Ebay-I doubt that will happen again.

I wish it had better longevity - it's about average or less on me.

On an added note note the bottle is lovely & very very well made .

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Maple and caramel lead the way with tobacco influences in Cher's Uninhibited perfume. A warm maple syrup, akin to an old-fashioned syrupy flavor over waffles in a bed and breakfast surrounds you immediately. My first impression was that so much more was forthcoming. This is a heavy perfume. I could almost hear Cher telling the perfumer to just "do it" as they made this perfume stronger and stronger without thinking of the consequences. It's as if she wanted a perfume over the top and that's what she got. A perfume as unforgettable as the woman.
A mix of woods appear next, warm resinous, gooey and thick, almost sappy-like. I inhaled deeply. This stuff is beautiful. Rich spices swirled in amidst the dangling oakmoss. This is a thick, full-bodied perfume, so enticing and seductive I'm not surprised production has stopped. The cost was probably prohibitive amidst all cutbacks, regulations and politics. And perhaps Cher wouldn't cave in to an inferior product. Because this fragrance is amazing. Twenty-six years later and it's an ass-kicker that opens your eyes.
Uninhibited opens with a bit of citrus and aldehydes to let you know this is a strong perfume from yesteryear and you won't be disappointed. But the aldehydes disappear within seconds. Sweet and seductive with ylang-ylang, a laid-back almond vanilla courtesy of heliotrope, a dry, dry bitter, musty vetyver hinted with dark chocolate and a rich tobacco, and just when you think you're in a throwback to the '80's oriental perfume heaven, along comes a boozy vanilla scent uncommon to today's perfumes.
Uninhibited is strong, ample and robust. The perfumes notes blend beautifully together to create a potent concoction that is substantial. The bottle itself is an art deco work of delight with its cap reminiscent of Chers' outlandish headpieces designed by Bob Mackie.
If you like heavy woody orientals, look for Uninhibited on the secondary market. It is no longer in production, unfortunately.
It's classified as a floral aldehyde and I cannot see why this perfume has that classification. It just doesn't fit. Even Cher herself describes it as a "spicy oriental that is sweet". A stunner just like the woman that put her name on it.

ShawnStJames
ShawnStJames

I must be blessed by a fragrance angel, I found this a few months back at a thrift for for $2!! And its a large bottle!! Almost full, I snatched it up, it is pure heaven! <3

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

After seeing all these post, I feel relieved that im not the only person on this planet that is wanting jump on the "could turn back time machine bus" and raid the Broadway and bullock's or Lord and Taylors ?, depending where im thrown in the time machine to get bottles of this seductive perfume !.

When I tried this perfume I was a child and even then I wanted this potion, because the scent was intensely mysterious and exotic and after seeing the notes on this site now I understand why it was hard to guess what was in the perfume, interesting combination that created sexy character of a fragrance and the bottle of the and box with a lot of Arabic inspired design its jus...t wow!.

But its a shame there isn't a time machine for all of us to hop on ,buy this fragrance and come back to our present world !,

But maybe all of us should write on Cher's face book or twitter homepage and just implore the divine diva to grant us our hearts desire for her fable perfume to be resurrected from the grave and bring us and the next generation the pleasure of its fabulous fragrance once more and forever....

who's with me !?

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

I am most definitely uninhibited and would take great delight in getting my old whiskers smothered in this. Given its popularity it would be lovely if Cher was to make it available again. Failing the likelihood of that, a strong waft from a bottle of something Burlesque would get the whiskers twitching with excitement :o)

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Was totally in love with Uninhibited as teenager. It was warm and effervescent. Smelled like Coca-Cola on the skin!

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

CHER please, PLEASE Re-release your perfume! I have never got to get it as I was like 9 or 10 when it first came out. I want it soooo bad!

willfulmissconduct
willfulmissconduct

If I could "turn back time" I would go back to Junior High School and buy back up bottles of every perfume I ever wore. Then, fast forward to 2013 I would sell them on eBay and be able to retire, lol. I had so much of this, now it is so expensive. Along with nearly half the drugstore perfumes I had back then. I recently passed by Nautica Woman at Rite Aid, 75% off at six bocks a bottle. Stupid me! They are asking 65 bucks on ebay!!!!! Ralph HOT? Gosh, I got a bottle at Marshall's for 15 bucks, not it is nearly 200! UGH!

firestar2124
firestar2124

I still have about half of a large bottle that I purchased in high school. I have stored it very carefully, and the scent is still true. This was my signature scent for several years, and I can't wear it without strong memories. One of my all-time favorites, even though I normally prefer lighter scents.

shannonl68
shannonl68

Used to LOVE this fragrance....wish I still had it, but I just sampled Tom Ford's Black Orchid and it "turns back time" for me....anyone else? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, lol

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I have a tiny bottle of the pure perfume Uninhibited, and I think it's really very lovely. Perhaps because it is the parfum, not the EdP or EdT, what I smell is very different from the listed notes or category. Listed as a floral aldehyde? To me it's a no-contest oriental, possibly a floral oriental at most. Interestingly, it seems almost to go in reverse order of the usual, moving from base notes to top notes. The opening is musky, which seems to modulate into a quality powdery-woody amber scent. There is definitely a good amount of vanilla in it as well. Only after 5 or 10 minutes do the flowers become evident. At this point, I can detect heliotrope, a subtle rose, and a hint of ylang-ylang or jasmine. Finally, I find "top" notes as a thread of citrus and vetiver. Wait a little more, and a beautiful, lightly smoky sandalwood appears. Uninhibited has a well-layered richness and a smooth, velvety rondure that I find very appealing. It is sensual, but doesn't shout. I found it very classy and well-done---a good formula using good ingredients, confidently executed altogether. I wish this were still in production, but doubt whether the current sandalwood supplies would be up to snuff; I suspect it would suffer the same fate as Samsara and other perfumes that had an important sandalwood component.

Sillage for me is quite moderate unless applied very heavily, but it lasts well, somewhere between moderate to long duration (perhaps 5+ hours).

Unreservedly recommended.

akeener
akeener

I remember when this scent first came out, the big fuss was that it used so much vanilla (which apparently wasn't common before 1987). I always thought it smelled like root beer. Definitely unique in it's time... very "Cher."

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

Found this little treasure on "The Perfumed Court" website and ordered a sample of it. Received it today and sprayed it on my neck and wrist on my way to work. Sure enough, I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE with this fragrance! My co-workers noticed the smell as soon as I walked in and said it smelt great on me, I smiled and said what it was and that I ordered it exclusively offline. I received compliments on it all day and am so gonna hunt down a big bottle of this little jem for daily wear. When you first spray it, you are hit with a strong tobacco/jasmine/sandalwood/rose scent that is still clean and fresh smelling. It is very earthy, yet glamorous at the same time. After a few hours it settles down to a nice sweet sandalwood smell. It lasts for hours! You do not need much of it because it is strong yet subtle. People didn't even know it was perfume, a lady said it could definitely be a unisex perfume. A great buy and find

amanda0901
amanda0901

This doesn't suit me at all - I smelt as if I'd been doused in WD40!

@ Celebrity89 - it wasn't Hartnell's In Love, was it?

celebrity89
celebrity89

An all time favorite. So original.
The only thing that comes close is Ellen by Ellen Tracy and maybe Revlon Unforgettable. Oh! and some fragrance from the 60's that came in a heart shaped bottle that I wish I could remember!!!!

Gorgeous! This is not a floral aldehyde in my opinion. This is pure woody floral. This opens with a blast. Florals, woods, spices, it smells of old school, in-your-face, over the top glamour. Of course it does, it's Cher! Any aldehydes make a brief appearance here. Within a few minutes, it settles into a blend of sweet sandalwood, a touch each of vanilla and vetiver, and loads upon loads of ylang ylang. Carnation peeks through, giving it an ever so subtle hint of spice. This smells deep, rich, and warm. Like Cher, this scent is no wallflower. Not the safest blind buy, but if you get a chance, worth experiencing.

sistertricked
sistertricked

The first time I tried this on my skin I could not believe it was just that. All the talk about such sex bomb and the amazingness of it made me expect just too much and I felt I had got so little ... "I don't understand this! I dismissed the whole question." Time after time I would try a whiff or two without much expectation. And Indeed, I thought: where IS that sexiness, that message supposed and implied by its name, that something which should turn you on or say something about you in that respect? I didn't have the answer. Until one day when I had no perfume on ... went on about my day, sweating. After a while the smell of my sweat drying on skin was something I enjoyed: a somewhat ambery and salty, sweetish organic smell. At that point I remembered Uninhibited, a scent which does nothing on my skin but which smells similar, so I washed when at home and then applied. In fact I get with Uninhibited the same effect as with my natural smell, only amped up, quicklier made to happen. At that point only did i understand that the sandalwood played the main role in 'interpreting' my skin, making it manifest itself, come out and send floating whiffs of... myself. The smell of salty bread crust at the beginning and then the delicate vanilla molding inside my skin's effusions giving way to a sweet-sourish exudation. I like the way I perceive this scent, it's the smell of heated body so... now I get it. Time after time I 'read' it more and more and I reach for it often enough. It's great experience even if it' not really love. Worh discovering!

Blackirish
Blackirish

I just finished reading these reviews and I am wanting so badly to try this. It is described just as you would imagine a frangrance from this exotic woman would be. As I am anti-celebrity perfume due to the current overload of celeb.perfumes...none which I find distinct from one anonther or even stand out one of a kind sexiness. Not to mention everyone and their mother is on this quick rich perfume band wagon it seems caring about the smell doesn't seem to be priority .(just my opinion) so I had forgotten back in the decade of good time and originality we had such an exotic female icon make a perfume.this seems as if it stands all Tests of time & is one of those "be a real woman to wear this" perfumes. Damn,I want to own this so bad. I see the prices on eBay though.....a bit out of my range. But I'm tempted to begin saving up & making a blind buy(something I never do) because this seems absolutely worth it. If you own this, you are so freakn lucky. :) hopefully I will be next.

passionata20
passionata20

11. february 2012

I have found following information:
This scent was inspired by the combination of the two fragrances that Cher wore together- Charles of the Ritz and Vanilla by Jean Laporte.
Can´t wait to try this one.

UPDATE: (31. july 2012):
Ladies! May i just write one line for now until i will DARE to wear this fragrance on my skin?

WOOOOOOOOW!!!!

(this is just a first impression, that left me speechless, and i will come back with the normal review)

Bethany.1984
Bethany.1984

Love, love, love this perfume and also wish it were still in production. I still have a few bottles of it.....was fortunate enough to find a good deal on it online a few years ago. It is such a distinct and clean fragrance, but also very sexy and mysterious. I wear it both for day and night, but I layer it more for evening wear. I'm always getting compliments and people asking me what I'm wearing. There's been many a disappointed lady.......and a couple of men........when I mention that it is no longer available. I wish Cher would bring it back! I have never found any other fragrance that comes even close to the smell of Uninhibited. So unique!

JL_Vixen
JL_Vixen

This is a scent that I wish was still in production--I managed to be lucky enough to find several small bottles of it online (the EDP not the EDT). The scent is strong at first but it takes only a few minutes on my skin to settle and be very lovely. The highest notes are the bergamot, vanilla, rose, and sandalwood. This is probably by far my favorite scent and I am not usually a big fan of stronger, less floral (and fruity) scents. This one reacted really well with my chemistry and yes, I've had several friends test a small dot on themselves and it smells very different on everyone. Out of the 10 people who have gotten to try it 8 of them are now searching for their own bottles online. This is a fantastic scent for sure.

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

<3 this! In the beginning of the drydown, all I can smell is plummy leather, then a rich sandalwood.Heavenly!

flovie
flovie

I bought this perfume when I was in high school! Back then every girl (except me) was wearing either Giorgio Beverly Hills or Calvin Klein Obsession. I still hate both of those perfumes today! I always loved Cher and I loved this perfume from the first time I smelled it! It was different. I also got lots of compliments wearing it! I have never found any fragrance that I like as well. I hope Cher will re-release it too!

myskiesareblue
myskiesareblue

I purchased this fragrance for my mom who had been raving about it for years since she sampled it a our local Nordstrom(and i do mean 15 yrs later). I just happen to google Cher parfums and found a bottle 1 oz ebay for about $200 needless to say she droped when she unwrapped her gift! I will say it does smell beautiful. In my humble opinion its kinda soapy, floral, powdery soft, sweet, ever evolving and very mysterious because you never get one specific note. If you like No. 5 by Chanel you will enjoy also.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

I wouldnt buy it if I were you, A perfume life span is only up to 4 years at the most, a perfume from 20 years ago wont smell the same.

visione
visione

This really was just about the ONLY "celebrity" fragrance woth buying, in my opinion. It was SO layered and complex that it obviously went far beyond the current drop of "candy/bubble-gum/flowery" celeb fragrances.

Like Cher, it was womanly, sexy, mysterious and took its time to reveal itself fully. The ambergris notes predominated - very musky and earthy. The add in the scent of vanilla (and this is a dense vanilla, not a light whiff) and heliotrope. Heliotrope is a hard note to capture and sustain - sometimes what is called heliotrope is nothing more than a sort of flowery powder scent, but this is the true heliotrope. Glorious! Finally, this amazing mix edged into sandalwood, and I always felt it was sandalwood that gave the perfume the insane sexiness. It was a very oily sandalwood finish, but in addition, I always detected a note of incense and even a hint of myrrh. This was a work of great elegance and heart - not a scent for teens or tweens - but for a confident, sexy yet playful woman who could tame her world.

Wish I had some of the original in my current fragrance wardrobe. Time for a re-launch of the original formulation? A thousand times yes!

idressyou
idressyou

One of the most stunning fragrances ever made, hands down. I kept seeing this at outrageous prices online and, of course, it peaked my interest. So, I tracked down a misspelled listing on the bay and got a partial bottle for a relative song. I've been completely obsessed ever since. I can't possibly do it justice, but will do my best to describe how it smells to me.

I first smell a healthy dose of fresh gray ambergris... the real stuff, not the synthetic & sad copies we are accustomed to nowadays... but true dirty, musky, earthy, fresh (in the unaged sense of the word), gray ambergris. Then comes the heliotrope... the best heliotrope I've ever smelled in anything... none of that weird Play-doh undertone... just gorgeous powdery softness. Next are the vanilla, sandalwood (dry/soft/white, but warm - more like driftwood to my nose) and the florals (though unless I really concentrate on identifying them, don't pick out any certain one... they're very well blended and smooth).

This lasts on my skin (oily) the entire day (live in a pretty humid climate), and in my hair pretty much until I wash it again. I aim the spray so that I hit my pulse points on my neck and the underside of my hair at the same time, so that I get more bang for my buck... especially since this is a small fortune to replace and want it to last as long as possible. One spray each side is plenty, since this has quite a bit of sillage and as I already stated, a good amount of staying power. This review is for the edt spray, by the way. I do have the pure perfume on its way to me, and will add any differences observed in that form (if any) as soon as I have it to test.

Carla
Carla

If I could turn back time back to when Cher launched Uninhibited in 1988 I would buy it by the case. Thanks to a helpful Fragrantica member more than 2 years ago, I was luckily able to get another bottle of this discontinued perfume. That bottle, as well as a few more, are long gone. If you believe that exceptional celebrity perfumes are far and few between, you will be amazed at this 70's diva dramatic production possibly leaving you in a state of awe.

Uninhibited is an extremely light floral with the concentration purely on the vanilla. The aldehyde's are apparent in the opening but only for a short instance with a bit of orange and bergomot for good measure. Travel into the middle stage and the heliotrope with it's vanilla essence takes over the jasmine and rose notes. Into the drydown, sandalwood, high end sandalwood, imported no doubt, adds a warm sensation and Gothic feel which I'm assuming Cher wanted to express and did accomplish. More vanilla, superb vanilla and the result is one great perfume. I find it similar to Creed's Vanisia. Longevity is a good 5-7 hours. This review is based on the original as the second version seems to have been tweaked out of sync.

You don't have to be A Scamp, A Camp and A Bit of A Tramp to sport this fragrance, however, I would not recommend it for the uncool--you should be uninhibited as the name implies.

Uninhibited by Cher 4.60 out of 5 based on 80 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cher Uninhibited fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cher Uninhibited, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Uninhibited by Cher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Uninhibited by Cher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.