Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

StormFlower Cheryl for women
dislike

StormFlower Cheryl for women Videos
StormFlower Cheryl for women Pictures StormFlower Cheryl for women Pictures

Cheryl Cole is launching her first fragrance, STORMFLOWER, which arrives for sale on August 27, 2014 in all Superdrug and The Perfume Shop stores.

31-year-old singer, songwrier, dancer and TV star, Cheryl Ann Fernandez-Versini, known as Cheryl Cole, eagerly wanted to launch a fragrance under her name, but as she says, she did not have time to be dedicated to the project completely till now. The first perfume Storm Flower has been announced as fresh, pure and floral, and reflects the scent of air after storm. Composition of the fragrance and flacon design is identified with Cheryl’s personality and she says that the fragrance represents her personally in excellent way. She prefers gold, femininity and elegance and her new perfume conveys her style and sophistication. She also stated that the fragrance is not too heavy, is refreshing and light, but long-lasting. Cheryl collaborated on created the composition, flacon design and each detail which follows her first perfume.

A video clip starring Cheryl in the main role announces the launch of the fragrance Storm Flower. The bottle of the fragrance is in golden-beige shades with a flower-shaped cap. Fragrance Storm Flower will be accompanied by perfumed body care products with the same fragrant notes.

The composition of the perfume opens with juicy and fresh union of mandarin and nectar, leading to the floral heart which intertwines scents of freesia and peach blossom. The base encompasses soft vanilla, white musk and sandalwood, leaving a gentle creamy trail on the skin.

Storm Flower arrives in bottles as 30, 50 and 100 ml along with body lotion with glitter and perfumed body bath.

Nectarine Mandarin Orange

Peach Blossom Freesia

Sandalwood White Musk Vanilla

Heiress
StormFlower Eau de Toilette

StormFlower Fragrance Reviews

lisa.flynn.399

Generic, clean peachy musk smell. Surprisingly long-lasting for a cheapie and it does smell a lot like shampoo. It's a pretty safe work scent for all seasons.

I don't get any of the fishy undertone others have mentioned.

lisa.flynn.399

I don't get any of the fishy undertone others have mentioned.

nexangelus
nexangelus

I tested a pile of samples a while back. By a pile, I mean probably 20 or so, not all at once. This is the scent I remembered and liked the most out of all of them. There was something familiar in it, something comforting. Yes, it might be the common/generic laundry musk. It has since become one of my favourite clean musk perfumes. It has a peachy softness. And here was me thinking I was more a vintage/powerhouse/classic type of gal. This is great for when you don't know what you fancy wearing. Easy to wear and now a "guilty" pleasure. Celebrity scent number five that I enjoy...

nayab153
nayab153

Some of the reviews of this scent are awfully harsh/slightly amusing. I think unfortunately a lot of the criticism stems from the name on the bottle,
If this was packaged in a Marc Jacobs bottle as a Daisy flanker everyone would be falling over themselves with praise for the juice inside. (the original Daisy BTW is quite possibly one the worst toilet cleaner perfumes on the market currently)

Now, don’t get me wrong this perfume won’t be winning awards for originality or…well anything actually but don’t discredit it so fast. It’s a very subtle sweet peach scent, almost cocktail like in its crisp fruitiness, which then dries down to a very warm and comforting vanilla & I’m a sucker for vanilla.

There’s not a whole lot of layers or complex perfumery going on here but if you enjoy your occasional B&BW or VS scents then there’s no reason why this shouldn’t be on your ‘to try’ list, just don’t pay high street prices for it, keep an eye out on discount sites.

Also a heads up, this has just been launched in a body mist for £8 in Superdrug, perfect for the warmer weather.

prettywhitestars
prettywhitestars

Back when I was young and carefree, I bought Paris Hilton's 'Heiress' perfume. Tempted by all that pink and glitz, it was a obvious choice for a spendthrift student craving some of the Hilton wealth.
I sniffed it a few years later and was surprised at how metallic, how sickly fruity and peachy it was. It was like one of those brand new air fresheners you install in your car; the initial peeling back of the metal lid, and BAM! Sweet overload.
I had that exact same reaction when I went to smell Cheryl's 'Stormflower', so I suspect the perfumes are one and the same. Are Paris Hilton and Cheryl Cole the same person, I wonder? The similarities are remarkable. Think about it...

Katyycat001
Katyycat001

Wow! Cannot belive the bad reviews, but people have diffrent tastes.You guys say it smells like bubblegum but to me it smells like a peachy floral scent. It is pretty refreshing, and is a good day or night scent. I cnat really smell any other notes though.

Kione
Kione

I cam to write a review on how this smells exactly like a shampoo I used when I was little! Bu I am just clicking "like" on the many that have already said that.
I also think it is not a good scent for a perfume. I would never spray this on me.

rachelanne87
rachelanne87

I was really excited when I was able to get my hands on a bottle of this. This does smell similar to Paris Hilton Heiress. But, prefer Stormflower & this has better lasting power. I really like it, it has a bubblegum sort of smell to it. Overall a very nice fruity bubblegum type of scent.

Malibu
Malibu

As almost all the reviewers have already pointed out it is the long notes of mandarin and peach that stand out the most in StormFlower, and the fizzy zing to them is very similar to the mandarin and peach in Paris Hilton's Heiress.

In fact for a perfume whose name and official press release emphasizes the floral notes I struggle to separate any from the strong fruit notes. I get the listed freesia, but can't pick anything else from the laundry detergent undertone that develops alongside the floral notes.

The whole musk/sandalwood/vanilla base combination is very generic, so after a few hours StormFlower could be mistaken for almost any other fruity/floral fragrance in the same price range - I'm thinking 'fresh' ones like Kylie Minogue Music Box, or Kim Kardashian Glam...

I wanted to try StormFlower as Cheryl has mentioned in many interviews over the past several years her love of perfume, and how important her scent memory is to her. I assumed these things would mean that she would put a bit of effort into finding a perfume house who would work to create something adult and a bit more original then what is considered the norm in the world of celebrity scents to sign up with.

This isn't awful, but it is nothing even slightly different from the thousands of other mass-market fragrance releases on the market, so it is boring. I don't usually like giving ages to perfumes, but StormFlower is particually sweetly cloying and tweeny smelling - in short it seems like it was only made to appeal to her young fan base (and their wallets).

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Cheryl told everyone a few years back that she loves Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb, after hearing that I was definitely expecting a sweet/girly gourmand type of scent.
What a let down!
I really thought her signature scent would be a bit more sophisticated than this joke of a perfume.

The reviews are bang on, it smells like fabric softener/shampoo/febreeze...
Uber generic to the maximum folks.

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

This smells like Paris Hiltons Heriess but Heiress is much much more than this, yes they do smell near enough on first spray but this isn't as nice. On me at first it's nice at 1st but when it dries it smells kind of old if that makes sense, not old person but like it's been left for 10 years then sprayed again. also i get a fishy smell? i know it can't just be me that smells that? I can't describe it really. I'll stick to Heriess as that's far better in every way.

Marie76
Marie76

Disclaimer: I do like some celebrity perfumes and despite my preferred fragrances being more top range I don't look at the price when I judge a new release.
However, as they'd say on Spain, " esto no tiene perdon", there is no forgiveness ( for Cheryl for making this horrid concoction).
It's a peach plastic herby dry down headache inducing frankly ugly mess of a perfume. The only redeeming feature is that it evaporates pretty quickly.
Bestsellers in the UK for celebrity fragrances continue to be Britney Spears and lady Gaga. I do hope this doesn't become popular because it's truly horrid.

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

This perfume is absolutely horrible. It has been such a disaster that many outlets in the UK are selling it at prices as low as £5. It is categorically NOT one of the biggest selling fragrances in the UK. I've even heard it's being withdrawn from sale in some places. You can't give this stuff away. It's nothing but a cheap marketing ploy, and it IS tested on animals, according to what I've read. There is a real fishy undertone in the drydown. Very harsh, plastickey and cloying. Pure chemicals from start to finish. This perfume is as shallow as Cheryl Cole / Tweedy / Fernandez's / whatever the latest name is celebrity.

HeavyBeatsUK

I understand this is tested on animals therefore I like it even less than I did before

JKKJ19
JKKJ19

I bought this for my Mum for Xmas, I think its quite pleasant. It's a very, very fresh scent (maybe even a bit too fresh) and sweet. You can definitely smell the nectarine note the most in this fragrance and my Mum says that it has good lasting power.

pinnock22
pinnock22

Okay. I've wanted Cheryl to make a perfume for years, so when i heard this was coming out i was so excited! i read her favourite perfume is FlowerBomb. I think the name StormFlower is similar but anyway: the bottle is cute and really nice to hold and spray, the juicy comes out nice & misty too.

The scent its self is very very Fruity when its first sprayed. Like a cocktail you'd drink on holiday. Very sunny and fresh. The heart is mainly florals such as Lily of the valley and freesia mixing with the nectarine creating a scent that is clean smelling with a soapy undertone.

The lasting power is okay i got 5 hours on my skin and longer on my scarf and coat. whenever i go to hug somebody they can smell it and say i smell 'nice'... I'd say that the perfume is very safe compared to the others i own. i usually wear this when I've just had a shower and 'im getting ready to go out.

so Cheryl's StormFlower gets a 8/10 for me. The only thing that puts me off is i get the vibe she had nothing to do with this. when asked about the notes she stuttered and panicked realising she didn't know them... but hey its a clean fresh fragrance and among the best selling in the united kingdom.

callumnicholson
callumnicholson

I wanted this fragrance since it was announced and on the day it came out I snapped it up and I've got to say it was the best decision ever this is a beautiful perfume and will always continue to get it

sugahuni
sugahuni

Pretty bottle & name.Smells gorgeous,long and lingering.Immensely similar to Roberto Cavalli Eau De Parfum fragrance,prefer stormflower as it's not extremely musky.A pleasure to wear,captivating☆♥

LisaMari
LisaMari

It starts out like peach schnapps, which is ok, a bit childish but then it dries down to a horrid fishy/white musk mess :( its generic, insipid and reminds me a lot of J'adore. The only thing I like is the bottle and the name

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

Not my sort of perfume. Went too powdery too quickly, fairly weak and I just feel I have put a scented talcum powder on my wrist. I prefer my olfactory system to be challenged and this is far too safe and boring. Like Sherlock Holmes would feel looking for a lost pet, so I feel wearing this! It is a good job that I only had a sample size of this edp before getting caught up by the fabulous name!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Reminds me of the lady herself...... Plastic and utterly devoid of any sort of character.

HeavyBeatsUK

Smells exactly like Paris Hilton's Heiress except not as long lasting and with no sillage and it has a fishy drydown. It has no originality at all. If you want something bubblegummy, go for Paris Hilton's Heiress.

joan100
joan100

When I initially sprayed this I got a blast of synthetic nectarine. While it is great that nectarine is making a comeback in new fragrance launches many unfortunately smell very artificial nowadays. In the 1990s many nectarine containing fragrances smelt more natural and they often were more complex. Examples include Cacharel L'eau de Eden, Burberry Weekend and Escada Un Ete En Provence. In this fragrance the other notes I could detect afterwards were freesia and musk and that's about it!
Some compare this fragrance to Paris Hiltons Heiress but even her fragrance is more complex smelling than this. While I love fruity floral fragrances I just wish they would stop producing simplistic, cheap smelling ''shampooey'' type scents with next to no longevity. They often put people off the fruity floral genre!

Electronic100
Electronic100

At first glance I thought they could have worked harder on the packaging. I then picked it up (out of curiosity) and I wasn't surprised that it smelt of furniture polish. Bloody awful. 'Well done Cheryl' *claps hands very slowly

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

I spotted the 30ml for £24.99 in Superdrug and couldn't resist having a smell. I am not a fan of Cheryl in any way, shape, or form (very much the opposite, but don't get me started!)

But, I am a perfume lover so will never judge a perfume by it's name or which celebrity endorses it.

Opening spray is a fizzy, gentle peach flavour. The absolute dupe of Paris Hilton's Heiress. I let it sit for a while and it smelt very, very sweet.

Then I noticed that it smells like the orange star-burst you get, which is fine for a younger market.

Sorry, Cheryl, I won't be lining your pockets. This one is pleasant enough, but I can't imagine anyone being 'wowed' by it.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

I wanted a nice light fruity floral and this one ticked all my boxes. I agree that this is probably aimed more at the younger market (I am 42!) and is probably a 'safe' perfume. But it doesn't smell sickeningly sweet or synthetic like some of the celebrity perfumes. I would say well done Cheryl for having a nice pretty fruity floral to carry your name.

spotlights
spotlights

Oh, dear! These modern 'bubble gum', 'candy' scents. Where is the allure of the lovely scent of an attractive woman? I feel women, on the whole, like to have the scent of beauty and glamour about them - I know I certainly do. The likes of WHITE DIAMONDS, REDDOOR, KNOWING, YOUTH DEW etc, etc Smelling of cakes and toffee is okay for sweet shops, but not for perfume. Do you agree??

Beccaru
Beccaru

Heavy, cheap smelling bubblegum with a hint of Persil washing powder about it. Such a shame because I really did expect something more grown up from her but I guess this is the sort of this she likes to wear herself. One for the bargain bin!

charliemilne
charliemilne

I was quite looking forward to testing this perfume when I first heard about it, but when the time finally came I was more than disappointed, and I have to agree with most of the other reviews on here. It smells very soapy and not a nice soapy either. The sort of cheap soap you would get in a public toilet. It smells very synthetic and gave me a headache after a while.

Nice bottle though!

Beat2014
Beat2014

When I first tested this in store (Superdrug Manchester)the scent was amazing and lasted a few hours. However after having purchased the product and using it it smells very fruity and doesnt last long. After a few days I noticed the smell reminds me of cherryade. I dont hate it..its an 'okay' perfume...I don't think I'll be repurchasing as it doesnt last long. I could have bought a cheaper perfume (this was 50ml for £27) which last longer such as Darling by Kylie Minougue or Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. I'd give it a 7/10 leaning onto 8....the packaging is extremely cute...who knows I may end up liking it....I bought it because I wanted to try something New...

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

Storm Flower is a fruity & sweet perfume that smells extremely similar to Paris Hilton Heiress.

I was hoping Cheryl would release a fragrance on the more sophisticated side but clearly she has made this simply for the loot. No originality. Fruity, bubblegum perfume that resembles air freshener & would appeal to a young teenage girl.

Mediocre.

Ginnie A
Ginnie A

Smells of Soap and Furniture polish,not a fan,weird clean smelling perfume,cheaper to buy a soap bar to smell the same!!

dcookoo
dcookoo

I was super excited to try this, I read upon the notes and it sounded really good. A few weeks ago I was in Superdrug and saw I tester, I ran over to it and gave myself a spritz. My instant thought was I already have a perfume that smells JUST like this, if not identical, then it hit me, it's Heiress by Paris Hilton. They both smell fruity and almost like bubble gum or sweets. I had to pass on buying this because I was not going to spend £30 on a fragrance that smells just like one I already have. Overall, I'm disapointed and was expecting something better.

Sorry Cheryl, it's a no from me.

gaz525
gaz525

Smells like glade plug in, horrid just like the lady herself lacks depth and orginality

plum
plum

Tested it yesterday. Felt like I used too much washing powder plus too much softener and my washing machine didn't manage to rinse it properly. Gave my arm to sniff to my husband and he said "candy!"(?).Longevity very good: lasted till the evening bath.
Nothing special, made in rush just to make more money. Will not buy.

icingsugar
icingsugar

Almost identical to Heiress...a light fruity fragrance which has a bubblegum hint to it.

louisminaj
louisminaj

This really isn't that bad, yes, its nothing special, but I can not even describe the smell when you first spray it, the fruits are just soooo juicy! Like this is the juciest fragrance I have smelt, and that is serious, it is very nice and the vanilla is lovely! I wouldn't personally own a bottle but I do not think it's as bad as people are saying. And no it does not smell like Heiress by Paris Hilton. this one doesn't smell tacky or cheap to me, I think it's worth a sniff!

blueviolet
blueviolet

Hm...simple, my phone just autocorrected that to dimple, which is quite right when it comes to Cheryl. It is young, like I said simple but that's ok if you're looking for something flirty and fruity. It's quite pleasant, nothing weird or spectacular. But nice. Probably wont get it. I like them heavier.

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

Can't say this impressed me much. It's smelt too much like a fruity air freshener. Very cheap smelling ... I would have expected more from Cheryl cole !! Let down to say the least.

Greenandgold
Greenandgold

It smells just like Heiress by paris hilton

Shwets
Shwets

A juicy fruity musky fragrance not bad at all.

GregorAPBDH
GregorAPBDH

So I just picked this up at superdrug. Blind buy and I have to say I freaking love it !! The top is nice and fruity and blends well with the floral middle. The base is nice and warm and makes you feel good. This perfume is great and will be good for day time and night time. The box is very plain but very outstanding at the same time. The bottle is so cute. The bulb shaped bottle has an ombre effect and the flower shaped cap is a pretty touch. The perfume box, bottle & smell gets a 10/10 from me :) well done Cheryl can't wait for perfume number 2 :) x