Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Chloe Chloe for women

tuberose
aldehydic
Chloe Chloe for women Pictures Chloe Chloe for women Pictures Chloe Chloe for women Pictures Chloe Chloe for women Pictures Chloe Chloe for women Pictures

This is a feminine and romantic perfume with an intensive floral aroma; the fragrance with character, like so many of the “old” fragrances. Karl Lagerfeld launched Chloe in 1975. Mixture of honeysuckle, orangle blossom, ylang-ylang, hyacinth, lilac, coconut, bergamot, aldeydes and juicy peach is at the top notes. The heart ticks in the rhythm of elegant jasmine, rose, narcissus, tuberose and carnation along with the oriss root, and the base adds up with oakmoss, sandalwood, amber, musk, cedar and benzoin. The creator of this perfume is IFF. The nose behind this fragrance is Betty Busse.

Aldehydes Honeysuckle Orange Blossom Coconut Lilac Peach Hiacynth Ylang-Ylang Bergamot

Carnation Tuberose Orris Root Jasmine Rose Narcissus

Kobako

Chloe Fragrance Reviews

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

I finally got to try this in a perfume store with mostly celebrity scents, I was surprised to find it. It is a bit heavier than I expected and though I can smell rose and honeysuckle I mostly get carnation which isn't my favorite flower. I don't immediately smell 'white flowers" I smell more yellow/pink flowers if that makes sense. I may be one of the few people who would prefer the new formula but I am guessing as I havent smelled it. I do like that it gets a bit powdery also. I like floral powdery smells as they remind me of Victorian ladies...I wish I could have smelled the other Chloe perfumes along side of this.

antihero
antihero

I loved the Classic Chloe by Karl Lagerfeld. LOVED.
I wore it until it was sold and reformulated and is basically nothing like its true, tuberose dominant beauty.
To find a real vintage Chloe, on the packaging (or box) in the front it must read: Parfums Lagerfeld NOT Parfums Chloe. (As shown on the box above, which is a reformulated perfume). Also I think it was made in France.
For tuberose or vintage perfume lovers it is well worth finding this beauty. Gorgeous.

JPS1979
JPS1979

This one holds a special place in my heart. My maternal grandmother always smelled of this. I remember an orange blossom, lilac and pleasant musky ambery smell to it. From what I can remember, it would be a very dated frag now, but I'm sure some people still enjoy it.

krmarich
krmarich

I have the original Parfums Lagerfeld version. This could be the inspiration for Giorgio or Poison. It blasts its tuberose note loudly and can easily fill a room with one spray.

Otherwise this is a very attractive fragrance. The sultry warm weather white florals and peach are delicious. This is the kind of tuberose perfume done wrong. Its bitter and drowns out all of the other notes.

IMO Lagerfeld offered better fragrance for men. Chloe wears you and not the other way around. Fortunately, after a few hours, the tuberose surrenders it strength and the other flowers get their turn. My nose is still in shock, however.

None the less, Chloe is a classic and compared to anything released after 2005. Its a dense white floral that shouldn't be missed!

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

This is for the 1975 version parfum in the elegant bottle with the top that looks like lilly petals. It is almost impossible to find outside of ebay and is nothing like what you find in drugstores and big box stores. It also is quite different then the modern version.

I love it because of the peach note with a touch of honeysuckle and a tad of tuberose. This is a well balanced elegant fragrance. It is a complex and sophisticated scent.

Hard to believe this was done by IFF and not one of the great French houses.

crunch513
crunch513

It smells very mild and musty. Not something that I love, but nor do I hate it. Just neutral. Definitely office appropriate, but not inspiring.

natashamarie
natashamarie

Bought this online as a blind buy after reading lots of reviews and I figured I needed to try it out. I sprayed a bit on my wrist and to me it instantly smelled soapy. Almost like Dial Soap, the yellow-orangish soap bar. I let it sit on my skin awhile and then I took a whiff again, the soapy-ness was still there but it started to fade and I could definitely smell the Aldehydes in there. It became flowery as well.

This is something I would only wear on a special occasion, I don't think I could pull this off as an every day type fragrance. Maybe to a wedding, or going out to lunch/dinner. This is a lovely fragrance over-all. I rather enjoy it.

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

I haven't tried this on myself yet, only smelled it from the bottle and is not really my type of fragrance. It's a shame because it's a classic. Maybe I should give it a chance...

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

This review is for the vintage Lagerfeld EdT.

I seem to have reached a stage in my pefume exploration where I can appreciate a fragrance for what it is, without necessarily liking it.

And so it is with Chloe. This is a well balanced white floral (I don't much care for white florals in general) with a very pronounced tuberose note (I REALLY don't care for tuberose). However, the ingredients seem to be of high quality, the composition is nice, and erm - it's very good if you like that kind of thing.

I'm reminded of Anais Anais here, not that they are especially alike, but they were launched at around the same time (1975 and 1978) and they both bewildered me then. As a youg girl just getting interested in fragrance, I was the target market for both - but I just didn't like them, and couldn't work out why. Even then I was much more into Miss Dior and Arpege, and I was delighted when Opium came along.

Now I'm no longer bewildered, I simply realise they are good of their kind, but not to my taste. Marketing is a funny thing - even now I can't see Chloe as a fragrance for young girls.

truman
truman

The 1975 version is extaordinary. Very rich and long lasting. The aldehydes play an important role in this well done composition.

Wilka
Wilka

I miss this beautiful fragrance here, in Uruguay. I wonder why they don't realize it's exquisitely feminine and definitely a classic. I'd buy it immediately if I saw it here! I had it twice: first, the Karl Lagerfeld version and then, the Chloe's one. Love it!!!

Chloe is a mystic scent to me.. Some days its very fresh some other days its more like a twin to Calvin Klein Obsession on my skin, they share the spicy vibe's. Obsession is a scent that turns awful on my skin but Chloe is great.

Chloe är lite mystisk på mig. Ibland är den väldigt fräsch och ibland blir den mer lik Calvin Klein Obsession på min hud, de delar kryddigheten. Obsession är en doft som blir hemsk på mig men Chloe är suverän.

eau de nath
eau de nath

My mother have this. It smells like a professional woman aged 30 and above. It was a really floral fragrance because, the rose and the tuberose make this a bouquet floral type of perfume. It was quite nice in a sense. Woody notes are also noticeable. Somehow, it resembles a tiny molecule of any oriental frag for me. Smells like a serious woman. Not that attractive. Can't notice the coconut note.
Flacon: 8/10
Floral: 80%
Wood: 18%
Fruits: 2%

cdmarz
cdmarz

Didn't find anything about it too special. Did remind me a bit of bug spray for some reason. Not a bad smelling one mind you, but I swear I've smelled something like this before. Can't really narrow it down to which one though.

Manny44
Manny44

Because Im a male I personally dont wear this but a girl I was just in an elevator with was and I loved it on her. It smelled wonderful, white flowers and rose,and asked her what it was so I could jump on here and see the note breakdown. Super-gorgeous.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I tested this at the store today and not a fan. Very strong on the initial spray to an unpleasant degree. I could tell that the shoppers around me did not like what they were smelling..so I went to the bathroom and washed it off of my hand.

This is one of those that might need time to settle and develop. Exercise caution when testing in the store.

skysky900
skysky900

When first applied I really did not like this scent. It reminded me of a bathroom!

BUT, this perfume is a transformer! Give it a little time to melt into your skin and work with your chemistry and it becomes a very classic and mysterious little scent. On me, it stays close to my skin.

The aldehydes are apparent, which I think give it that unpleasant smell in the beginning. On the dry down though, the aldehydes go into the background, making room for the warm, comforting smells.

There is a powdery, white floral note that rounds out this otherwise kind of dirty perfume.

I would recommend sampling this on your skin first. Honestly though, its cheap enough on the internet (and apparently in TjMaxx type stores) that you should just buy a bottle of it. If you don't like it, give it to a friend! Everyone should experience a classic scent like this!

Mimielle
Mimielle

I liked and wore the old one but have not tested the new one. I sniffed the bottle and it smells good but seemed it was missing something warm and deep and the top was a little brassy. I should get a tester and give it a proper try so I can say something about them both but the warmth that the new seems to lack is one of the things I loved about the old version. I can't seem to like it in the new formulation and it lacks the nostalgia value too. Eh.

marine.altunyan
marine.altunyan

This smells like what I expect a French perfume to smell like. You can tell it's a classic right away. Not light but then that's what a classic French perfume was originally like. Makes you feel like a woman!

kati77
kati77

I smell a deep honey. Little bit warm honey. This is what i get on my skin when i am wearing it. Huge longevity.

supernal light
supernal light

I had this but didn't like it at all so gave it away. A weird, ugly smell that doesn't seem comfortable with itself, really odd.

atroposofnothing
atroposofnothing

I just found the EDT at TJ Maxx at too good a price to pass up, since I've been wanting to try this for a while.
I don't find this scent overwhelming or cloying at all, but I did apply it very lightly. I was quite alarmed when I first applied it, because it smelled like everything wrong with the 80's, but that dissipated quickly and I found myself utterly charmed. It settled within a few minutes into a lovely soft honeysuckle, with a dry woody undertone which seem to save it from tipping over into cloying. About four hours on, it's deepening into jasmine with an earthier base, and I suspect that in another few hours it will have gone softer still, and low and dark and gorgeous. I still need to live with it for a few days, but so far, it's instant infatuation :)

darcy2
darcy2

I wore this in the mid 1970's, one of my boyfriend's said it was so strong he could almost taste it. Not a good thing to hear at any time. It was rich,full sophisticated lady scent, and I was a teenager and couldn't pull it off. I recently got a current edition of this, wanted to see how it compared to the 1970's version. It is still a heady tuberose, white floral bombshell of a fragrance, and I can wear it, it doesn't wear me. It lacks some of the depth of the original Chloe, but I still like it very much - it still has decent projection and longevity, at least no one will complain of "tasting" it again....the days of perfume smelling that powerful are long gone. (Excepting Amarige,of course!)

stephm99
stephm99

My mother has worn this for years. It smells better on her than on me, but it's feminine and soft. I don't generally like a lot of the "classic" perfumes--I hated Chanel No 5 for instance--but this one is very pleasant.

lisatenholt
lisatenholt

I just got this from my mom. It's from the year it came out. I don't know if every container is like mine, but it's the 'old' container: with no spraycap, just the gap. At first smelling out of the bottle, it just smells like old lady's (in a not-pleasant way) to me, but onces applied this adapts to your body. I love this scent. It smells fruity, elegant, strong but at the same time so soft.

stuinstr
stuinstr

This is my favorite scent, and I wish it was still in production. I buy a bottle anytime I can to stock up.

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

I have worn this since 1980 when I was a young student in university. It was Autumn and the weather was cool but the wind was blowing softly from south. This fragrance was absolutely gorgeous for that moment. My becoming husband could not stop sniffing my neck and praising how divine I smell... This is very good for colder days, it brings warmth and soft comfort for those days.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Chloe is an iconic floral that never goes out of style. A beautiful composition of jasmine, lilac, tuberose, and carnation. I started wearing Chloe in the early '90's and continue to include it in my fragrance repetoire. Chloe is such an uplifting, gorgeous scent :-)

sweetviolet
sweetviolet

My sister wore this in the 80's. You have to remember when the so called old people wore it they were then young. What a lovely fragrance. If a perfume last long on the market it's a classic and classics never go out of style. As it is with classic clothes so it is with classic perfumes. Chloe will always be on the market as it is a very fresh and elegant scent.

winkibat
winkibat

Oh, I had such high hopes for this. I've smelled it on others and it smelled beautiful. There is not one note listed that I don't like. But Chloe doesn't like me. It's too...something...Maybe too much aldehyde or tuberose, I'm not sure. A reviewer below called it "tangy" and yes, that's the right word. I so wanted the wonderful creamy floral that others have described, but all I can smell is hairspray and something very like old lipstick. Perhaps I should hunt down the original Lagerfeld version.

sweettoothannie
sweettoothannie

What my mother wore in my childhood. Amazing. I can still feel it through memories and imagination.

icecube
icecube

Strong aldehydes and sandalwood is mostly what I am getting.
Have the new formula. Thik I would have liked the old one.

Tovah
Tovah

My high school boyfriend's mother wore this, and it really suited her. She was a tall redhead with an aggressive, biting personality (think Lois Wilkerson from Malcolm in the Middle, only not that laid back...) Rather than notes or blends, for me fragrances are all about mood and connotation and memory. (I always say that without scent I would have no memories). So, obviously, my mind tends to compartmentalize smells in a sort of physical and emotional timeline. As a fragrance, I think Chloe is marvelous, beautiful, and elegant. It smells sophisticated and intimidating, and a bit mysterious. If my brain didn't insist on this fragrance belonging to a certain place/time/and person, I'd probably want to own it, like a stunning painting. As it is, even observing the bottle sends off inner warnings...do not go there. However, I can still "feel" this fragrance in my mind, and I'd recognize it anywhere.

Ceyris
Ceyris

A classic example of how a fragrance can be changed by body chemistry. My friend wears this scent and it is deliciously floral and spicy on her. On me, it is unpleasantly sharp and pungent.

tejal
tejal

Vintage beauty..love it..they should continue making perfumes like these.Smells like walk in a lovely white floral garden..away from city.. during a light windy night.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

This was one of my favorite scents when I was growing up. My mom had a big bottle and gave me a teeny miniature. I used to dab my wrists and behind my ears when we go out for dinner. I felt so grown up and fancy ( I was probably 8/9). I remember the scent being quite strong, but sweet in a floral way, maybe the orange blossom and honeysuckle. I used up my teeny miniature and eventually bought a large bottle but it smelled different, just floral, no sweetness. I was so disappointed. :(

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

My mom has worn this for as long as I can remember. I would even try to buy her new perfumes for Christmas(just for something new,) and they would sit on the shelf unused--She had a Chloe addiction!

Me, personally--I liked the smell on her, maybe it was just because I associated it with my mother, and that was always a happy thought.. but still, I found it to be too strong and bold for me to ever wear myself. But now, I have grown to love it on my own. I have created my own time for it, my own memories of it. I have disassociated it from my mother.

I wear this on fancy occasions or for nights out. I only use 2 spritz, as it is a very powerful scent. They definitely don't make perfumes like this anymore! I guess it is a classic--and the new Chloe? It's almost a joke compared to this. I can't really describe the way it smells though, even after smelling it my whole life. It's indescribable. But beautiful, none the less. I started really loving this at the age of 20. I am now 24, and some still might say that this is too much of an "old lady" fragrance, but they just can't wrap their heads around it--With all of today's sweet, fruity, watered- down frags-- It's no wonder this seems foreign to younger people!

pinktoe
pinktoe

I looooveee this frag!! One of my very favorite ones of all times. I remember my mother getting a bottle as a gift in the early 90s and me using it all. It reminds me of college and happy times. I hate it when girls who were mere ideas in their parents teen dreams trash classy classics like this beautiful scent. It's a mature white flowers round smell, its sweet but not sticky vanilla-cotton candy kinda sweet. It tells all those teen frags, hey grils, this is how you are sweet without being dessert.

BettyNoir

doormouse- I totally agree!

If it weren't for older people buying scent we would be flooded with fruity florals aimed at the teens and nothing else would be available! Thank God for older perfume wearers not following the herd!

As for Chloe- very tuberose and almost cloyingly floral, and way too much peach for me, but it is a classic and I hope it will stick around.

doormouse1
doormouse1

The age bias on this site is frankly shocking.

Classic beautiful perfumes are dismissed as 'stinky old lady scents' by mere children who only want to smell of sweets, fizzy drinks or what they hope their favourite pop singer smells of, merely because his/her name is on the bottle.

Never mind, one day you'll grow up and hopefully realise that the truly great perfumes of this world are the ones you currently dismiss as 'stinky old lady scents.'

Naenae
Naenae

I wear this to work I spirits on just a tiny bit it last all day(which is why I like it).

hollyms
hollyms

Waaayyy too strong for daily wear. It smells a tad old fashioned, too. I might wear this to the club, but even then no more than one spritz.

Revontuli
Revontuli

I am about to do my first blind-buy: Reading the comments about this perfume and looking at the price, it looks like a must-buy. I generally like spicy-warm perfumes but I'd like to try something new. The notes look very rich and interesting.

laura.linger.3

I am woman, hear me roar. I'm wearing this today in memory of a righteous 70s chick, Bonnie Franklin. It fits.

dahliafleur
dahliafleur

I found this perfume by accident. I was going to buy the new perfume but this little importer store didn't have the new perfume, instead they had the old Chloe (this Chloe) a special EDP at that by Lagerfeld! So I couldn't resist. I completely fell in love with it. It has a strong presence, as if it is giving you windows into another era. ~Just beautiful~ It's long lasting and the other day when I was wearing it I could still smell it after 12 hours and it was divine. Whenever I spray this I smile; because it is so unique, there isn't a perfume like this. :)

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

I really dislike the new Chloe, but this version is delightful. It has a vintage aura that makes me feel pretty in a retro, red lipstick, sorta way. You CAN overdo it with this, so apply sparingly. The notes in this blend beautifully, as opposed to the new Choe, which I find sharp and invasive.

Sapphi9
Sapphi9

My mother bought me a bottle of this by accident because she got confused when I said I loved my Chloe perfume (the other Chloe...) I figured I would give it a try anyways. EGADS was this awful on me! Pungent heavy chemical awfulness. The aldehydes were ALL I could make out other than a hint of what smelled like dead carnations. Had to scrub my arm intently for several minutes before it subsided to a tolerable level. Not sure if this bottle was contaminated or something but boy was it BAD. I'd rather walk around wearing Malibu Musk.

Tracyarts
Tracyarts

Way back in 1980, when I was 10 years old, a family friend gave me a sample vial of Chloe because she thought it was something that a "young lady" might enjoy. Before that, my fragrance experience was limited to Baby Soft and the rare spray from my mother's bottle of Emeraude.

I was allowed to wear it on special occasions, and once I got a little bit older, my mother bought me a gift set with a bottle of the cologne and a jar of the skin cream, my first "real" fragrance. Chloe represented one of the steps of becoming a woman to me. And I have always thought of it as a very "womanly" fragrance. Sweet and flowery, but with weight and substance. Not a shy wisp of a fragrance by any means!

On me, Chloe is all sweet heavy florals with hints of something sharp and something spicy underneath. That's how it starts, and how it stays. I have only ever worn the Lagerfeld version, so I can't say what the new formulation does with my body chemistry. Even though it's not something I would necessarily choose for myself at this stage in my life, I have a mostly full mini, and wear it from time to time when I'm feeling nostalgic. Since a few dabs is all this one takes, I'm sure to be enjoying it for quite some time before I run out.

Sizzler
Sizzler

These comments are regarding the Chloe EDT distributed by Coty Prestige, (the exact bottle pictured here) now discontinued. I have never had the pleasure of experiencing the Karl Langerfeld version. But I did have Chloe by Chloe in junior high (lets call that 1990), I also had Chloe Narcisse and Estee Lauder Knowing! Times have certainly changed, I can't see a junior high kid liking any of those scents in 2013.

More recently, while acquiring a perfume collection I've been ignoring Chloe, thinking it was harsh and heavy, the kind of fragrance always readily available at discounters, so no need to commit. Somehow the discontinued factor sank in today and I bought a 1 oz bottle for a great price. No regrets! I'm really glad I added Chloe to the collection. It is definitely a fragrance from a different time, this is not a light, airy veil of a perfume. But it is a little cleaner smelling than I imagined, maybe from the musk and hiacynth? I came across Chloe as a tuberose perfume while testing Fracas and looking (on fragrantica) for other tuberose fragrances. I do smell tuberose, but nicely blended with other florals and the warmth of sandalwood and amber. This is all after the aldehydes, which can seem harsh in the opening, but not if you like aldehydes! I won't be wearing this everyday, but I'm very happy to have made this purchase, even if purely for research. Junior high kids proceed with caution;)

I understand the changing of the guard toward lighter, cleaner perfumes. Our no smoking environments are cleaner than they used to be and it's nice to have a fresh fragrance for working well with others in an office. Now I will have to give Chloe EDP 2008 a fair try, though so far my nose has looked right through it. I do like Love,Chloe and L'Eau de Chloe, but not enough to pay full price.

If you can find the discontinued Chloe EdT for a good price, might be worth a try!

PLUMPIE

I recently acquired the vintage 70's dusting powder and it is just divine. Even after many years it smells the same. Sets the fragrance off perfectly and brings back many memories.

gabygol
gabygol

Wow! I cry if I smell it! It reminds me of my mother when I was little. She used it every day but I remind specially the great occasions whenever she wore a fancy gown and gloves for a wedding or a dinner party. It's a very 80's fragrance and I just hated when they changed the formula and ended with this classic. As it happens to all great voluptuose older fragrances, they just decide that we are all soft young women who prefer soft young smells. It's a tragedy it disappeared, specially because nobody make intense jasmine and honey like this anymore. LOVE it and have a mini Chloe Chloe in my collection. And of course, it is such a great fragrance that it has lasted 10 years by now.

Reverie78
Reverie78

All time classic and one of my favourites! For me smoky but also floral. Light and fresh. A delicate and interesting mixture of scents that can't let you indifferent!

grasslands
grasslands

I’ve got both the original Lagerfeld Chloe parfum and the current reformulated Coty Chloe edt. I like them both. The main difference to me is that the reformulated Chloe is sharper with lots of buzzing hairspray aldehydes before hitting the central tuberose, honeysuckle, jasmine and lilac notes. I don’t get much wood at all. It reminds me of when I used to watch my mother, as a child in the seventies, get ready to go out – hairspray, lipstick and Avon perfume all in a cloud of hot hairdryer air.

The original is much smoother, buttery and quiet. Very pretty and subtle and good on cool sunny days. To me ironically it’s not as nostalgic as the reformulation, because it lacks that hairspray intro. It’s one of the few times that I could say that the reformulation is stronger and longer lasting than the original. For that reason it’s one of my favourite work fragrances. I put four small sprays on in the morning, don’t worry I don’t leave home right away, and there’s still a lingering drydown when I get home at night. I save the original for days at home where I can openly sniff my wrist and revel in spring garden fantasies.

soonflower
soonflower

Warm, heavy, dusty aroma with sandalwood-cedar-moss drydown.
Complex and you just feel it's an 'older' scen, dated - in a good way.
Chloe is just beautiful.
But this is that kind of fragrance which changes it's aroma radically depending on skin chemistry.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I bought this on accident during the summertime confusing it for the new Chloe at a discount store. When I tired it I was thought oh dear yikes this is not my style at all. So I gave it to my mom. I wandered into her room today saw it sitting in its box so I took a good sniff of it. Then I decided to spray a tiny bit on. I think my nose has changed a bit, because it was actually really pleasant to my nose. Or the change in weather might have something to do with it too. It smells mostly like aldehydes when it opens then I mostly smell the tuberose and it has a bit of a powdery smell to it too. I'm just a little surprised how this scent is pretty enjoyable, if I was to wear this I would put it on very lightly because it could be easily overwhelming.

Update:
Totally claimed it back from my mom, because she does not wear it at all...

zellpang
zellpang

First sniff I could smell strongly the aldehydic white floral character. The lilac and orris roots gives the powdery undertone which is quite a soft and delicate character. It is a well constructed fragrance and probably represented the era it was launched, I would buy it for my grandma

For some strange reason, no Chloe scent develops nicely on my skin. Sprayed on paper strip, they are perfect, but sprayed on me, do not develop, I feel nothing. Strange, cause notes of different Chloe fragrances are not the same, of course, and I can't track what is 'the note that does not like my skin'. Maybe just Chloe is too soft for me.

laura.linger.3

I picked up a bottle of the EDT at TJ Maxx this evening, simply on the strength of the recommendations here. As I type this, I pause to sniff my wrist, and oh, what a delight. I'm old enough to remember Chloe adorning the dressers and bathroom shelves of older sisters and younger mothers in the 1970s, and Chloe takes me back to 1979...when women were not interested in smelling like Nicki Minaj, confectionary, anything involving "bling," or anything called a "Snooki." This is a fragrance that Annie Hall might have worn, or Rhoda Morgenstern. It's a scent with character, for emancipated 1970s women with character. Given that I was born in 1970 and raised by a thoroughly 1970s mother, I consider myself to be one of them. A charmer and a keeper. I love it.

Edited to add: Seriously, where has this wonderful fragrance been my entire life? It's so spicy and delicious, so alluring and sensual! It's complex, without being fussy! Wearing a fragrance that launched in 1975 really does show you just how Johnny One-Note so many of the perfumes of today really are. This is a marvelous scent and I am setting about snatching up and hoarding a few bottles. Leave it to me to fall in love with something discontinued.

And what is this divine smoky note I keep detecting as I sniff my wrists?

ADRIARICCI
ADRIARICCI

I really love this fragance.. I've used it for years..never dissapointed me.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

BettyNoir

This was a disappointment to me. I remember having some of this years ago in the 80s and quite liking it. I bought a bottle because it was good value and a good brand.

However, to me it smells overwhelmingly powdery, like talc, and has very strong peach top notes. The powdery/talc thing just about put me off, and although this is unmistakably a floral, there seem to be so many different floral notes going on it was overkill. I couldn't pick any single notes out apart from peachy talc.

After an hour or so, it's a bit lighter close to skin, but still not nice enough to tempt me to ever buy this again.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

An old fashioned floral with a soapy edge that somehow manages to remind me of my grandmother, who seldom wore very noticable scent. BUT ~ she did use scented fabric starch, hairspray, fabric softener, and Dial soap ~ in Abundance! Chloe really doesn't smell like any of these items by themselves, just their aura on an extremely special woman...

Thanks to the most generous fellow fragrantican, I now own a memory. Will I wear this myself? Sometimes, yes. When a lightly spiced, dry floral is in order, this will do !

EDIT ~ The weather is much cooler, and my perception of fragrances seems to change with the seasons. I now LOVE the aura of Choe. It still has a soapy sharpness, but becomes increasingly softer and warmer in cool air......
Finally - I can smell the powdery quality that others mention, and also the tuberose and honeysuckle. It lingers beautifully on fabric and has such an endearing, feminine quality!
Happily, Chloe STILL reminds me of my grandmother. :)

elizabethari
elizabethari

Reminds me so wholeheartedly of my sweet mother, it's heart wrenching. She bought me a bottle as a teen when I complained of everything smelling the same way in the nineties. Fell in love. Will always be a top five favorite.

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

I first smelled this scent in the late 80s. My tennis partner/best friend wore only a couple of scents. And this was one of them.

I still smile and think of her when ever I smell this scent. It is a classic. It is not as flashy as some of the new scents that you see in every other magazine.

But know matter what, it is still an amazing scent. That any man would appreciate.

cuivre
cuivre

I wore it exclusively for 20 years, year round, all occasions. I still love it, but it's time for a change. When Chloe was first formulated, it was a unique fragrance, not as sweet and heavy as so many of them. I always liked being a little different. What's the point of a signature fragrance if everybody smells like it?

So anyhow, I realized I'm out of date these days, so it's time for a change. I'm experimenting with several fragrances, and so far my favorite is L'Eau de Chloe.

When you get old, your tastes change, um, kind of, so get ready girls! And let me tell you--getting old is not so bad--it sure beats the alternative. LOL

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I found this as a good deal at Ross, and I've wanted it for a long time. My favorite aunt wore this when I was a child; she died when I was 8, and I remember my mom still keeping a bottle of the fragrance that my aunt had left behind after a visit. I remember sitting on my aunt's lap while she drew mermaids for me to color. Somehow this fragrance radiated out of her pores. I remember asking my mom why she (my mom) didn't buy the perfume herself, and she said something about it being expensive--so this has always seemed luxourious to me. (Interesting note--I see this compared to Jontue, which I recall my mom wearing; maybe as a less expensive substitute).

For the first 5-10 minutes, all I got was a strong, astringent, alcohol scent. That warmed up to a light floral--I definitely get the lilacs, jasmine and honesuckle, so it smells very spring-time. Somehow, there is also a hint of sweet cinnamon to my nose (like cinnamon red-hot candies) playing just under the floral notes. I know it's not listed in the notes, but that's what I smell. I think it breaks up what could otherwise be flower-overload. So far, this has not gotten sour or too heavy on me--both of which I was afraid of. I've only had it on for about an hour, so we'll see!

EDIT: I've had the perfume on for about 6 hours, and I can still smell it fairly well. It has gotten fairly "heavy"--the white florals smell very ripe and full (like flowers not quite spoiled). I still smell the honeysuckle and jasmine, and think that the heaviness might also be coming from tuberose. It's a smell that makes me feel like, if I were really standing near these flowers, there would be several big, fat bumblebees around! It's still a pleasant smell, but not light and airy. It definitely reminds me of how I remember my aunt smelling--which is nice, as I must share some of her chemistry!

Trinidella

I like this one. light and breezy!!

Goodfortune5758
Goodfortune5758

There was a time when I loved this fragrance. Now it only gives me memories.
I will always love the fragrance, but sadly may never wear it-

Trinidella

My daughter stole this one from my collection. I left her with it to start her discovery in the world of women fragrances. It is a must have fragrance as it opens your interest for more fragrances.

tiffingirl
tiffingirl

Lagerfeld Chloe: a classic buttery, rich tuberose with lilac, honeysuckle, orange blossom, ylang, hyacinth and narcissus. A heady white flower combination indeed. I was surprised to detect oakmoss which probably isn't in the newer version, although haven't tried that as yet to compare. This reminds of vintage Jontue and especially the original Rochas Lumiere.

kay_dee
kay_dee

i used this when i was 19 and i liked it, i'm 43 now..
it was one the best perfume i ever had

it's totally a classic scent.. floral adelhydes and elegant, i think those who loved chanel no.5 would appreciate this ;)

narcisse chloe is also one of their best perfume

kirtylou
kirtylou

I found this little bottle at Ross for very cheap. I honestly thought it was the new Chloe EDT, which I have a deluxe sample of and wear from time to time. However, after I opened up the box, I realized (duh) that it was the original Chloe. I sprayed it on and it did smell fairly dated. However, upon the opening, I thought it smelled quite classic and luxurious, a nice mellow scent a classy woman would wear. I liked it at first, but then there is some note in it (maybe the lilac?) that always presents itself as an itchy, awful note and that's all I can smell. I have many floral-based scents do this to me, and I'm not yet sure what the note is but... oh well, not for me.

pfcs
pfcs

Kuanyin4 said things that need to be said. The age bias on this site is deplorable. I don't love classic perfumes just because I'm 60; I have loved them my whole adult life. Youth Dew is my signature scent. I love that it was created about the time I was born. Others that I love are older than I am.

As for Chloe, I've always liked it. It is one of the scents whose body lotion is of such high quality that it leaves you almost as scented as wearing the perfume itself.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This is a nightmare in an ugly bottle.

Sharp flowers & bitter green stuff, cigarett ashes, urine... Horrible. HORRIBLE.

There is only one place for this monster, and that is in the trash. I can`t even give it to my mum, I would feel too ashamed.

Lumiere

My review is below, but just did a test on my BF:
Fleurs de nuit by B Micshka:" Oooh, jasmine!"

Immediately I shoved Chloe under his nose:
"And what about this?"-
Answer:
"Also jasmine, but very ripe, on a hot day!"

No reaction about moth or old or whatsoever. I was pleased.

suiteladybug
suiteladybug

To keep or take back..that is question. It smells so old. I'm just waiting for the moth balls to start attacking.

Heliotrope
Heliotrope

Totally agree with kuanyin4's comments below. I really don't like this obsession with categorizing a perfume as 'old' or 'just for young people'. You either like it or you don't, and this depends on the quality, ingredients, associations etc, but absolutely nothing to do with how old you happen to be. I guess this tendency has a lot to do with the marketing people who try to decide which age-group to aim to product at, and how to design the packaging. Of course, the real artists, the intelligent ones, focus on quality and their perfume becomes a lucrative classic.

As for Chloe, it is a perfectly respectable, if rather sweet introduction to the delights of tuberose. I actually loved it when I was 16 (so much for the 'grandma' comments below!), but now find it too honeyed. If this is too sweet for you, but you like the general idea, move straight on to Fracas.

margien
margien

Not the Chloé as I remember it from the time I was 18. Still recognizable, but a bit harsh/'loud' and not special enough for me. I will give it away...

urabrisa

Sinceramente, no puedo entender que este olor le pueda gustar a nadie.
Es horroroso!!
En casa no lo quieren ni como ambientador.
Cuando la recibí, pensé, nunca más volveré a comprar on-line. Evidéntemente no lo cumplí, pero sigo teniendo la misma opinión de este 'olor'.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

Short term review: I thought I remembered original Chloe being rather "sweet". I just got a vintage Lagerfeld edt bottle and sweet it is not, at least at this stage. It went on with a blast of bitter orris root and hasn't lightened up yet. I love it! Yes, it is strong. Don't put too much on and then blame the scent for your mistake.

It's for young girls. It's for grandmas (oh, the HORROR!) Whatever. Scent may have a time period, it may be dated in that aspect, but it doesn't have a chronological age attached like children's toys. (Warning: Not for under 50!) What garbage. If you don't like it don't wear it. Yes, sometimes our tastes evolve and mature and sometimes they don't need to. I never hated a scent because my mom liked it, I really don't understand this rigid generational definition that I am seeing so strongly. I would say don't give a 16 yr old girl a scent called "Hot Sexy Mama" (especially in front of her parents) but if she chooses to spend her own money on a mature scent, that's fine. I love scents and I love vintage scents. I don't think I love vintage scents because I am old enough to be a grandma and I don't think I like some fruiticious ones because I am not yet a grandma. I am fascinated by scents that were worn by women who died long before I was born, and I don't think you have to be 128 years old to wear Casma or Jicky.

stormyla
stormyla

For whatever reason, every Lagerfeld fragrance sours on me. This one just takes longer.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

To me Chloe possesses one of those openings that will make you want to tear your skin off to make it end. Horrifying and intoxicating with killer bitter tuberose, grinding aldehydes and vertigo-inducing narcissus, all stirred together in a tunderstriking amalgam. All this just from a light spray on the wrist.Instant headache.
Thankfully this demonic opening mellowed down after 30 minutes, leaving place for a soapy less offensive scent, out of which I get the most honeysuckle quite true to the actual plant (which is a plus).
The drydown becomes warmer but just as soapy as the middle, with an amazing longevity and a noticeable sillage. It reminded me of this still surviving huge soviet-era beauty parlor with hair salons, beauticians and mineral water spa that my mom used to go to until somewhere in the early 90’s. She did not wear this type of fragrances (the ones I remember her having are Evasion and some of the Yves Rocher of that time) but the Chloe-like stuff impregnated the air in these bastions of shoulder-padded femininity where heavy spraying and contained smiles meeting unrestricted hair volume seemed to be the standard.
Thankfully most of the times I waited for my mom at the pool, away from the reach of red-nailed agile fingers holding a lipstick stained cigarette eager to pinch my cheeks.
I must admit part of my appreciation for the classic perfumes must have been wiped away in my early childhood when the originals were something rare and extremely expensive, but stinky knock-offs with names such as Dier and Zoe were everywhere.
The classic Chloe also reminded my somehow of Anais Anais, which is just as powdery, soapy and flowery but not so bitterly poisonous for the first hour. I actually like Anais Anais even though I wouldn’t wear it either.
Chloe is not an easygoing scent to be bought without testing, some would consider this downright poison.

vaiciceku
vaiciceku

I know woman which is 96 years old and she whear this parfum.CHLOE smels so fantastic on her, so wonderful and very youthful.... Im 38 years,but when I tried CHLOE on myself, I realized that I am too young for them.

ChristineR92
ChristineR92

This honestly smells so horrible.To me, it smells exactly like the cheap handsoap in public bathrooms.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

I have been wearing this for 20 years . Such a beautiful scent . It makes me feel pretty :)

Sweet without going over the top . Not too loud or in your face . She still manages to stand out in the crowd .

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Now that I am pregnant, I love LOVE tuberose and it develops beautifully on my skin. I never thought I would be a tuberose kind of girl. I used to not be able to stand the smell. Just to show that with all those female hormones flowing, I'm finally able to appreciate a beautiful feminine scent.

Also works superbly on the dry and cold skin type like mine because the fragrance is so warm and heavy. Think more Shiraz than Beaujolais ;) I can see how this would be a loud disaster on someone that has nice warm moist skin.

Love those 70s/80s fragrance!! so loud, complex, vivacious and full of character!

EDIT****** not pregnant anymore, hormones went back to normal and now i hate this. Or maybe it's just way too hot outside. Is this a cold weather perfume in your opinion? tuberose/coconut overdose.

nananessa
nananessa

I love this fragrance & have worn it off and on throughout the years. The honeysuckle, orris root, wood & amber just makes it wonderfully intense for me & one of my favorites. The florals blend so well together and I love how the long-lingering base notes give it the "bottom" I love so much. After all these years, I just do not tire of Chloe. Honestly, I think it is more closer to a masterpiece than it is given credit for. It has to be a killer formula to have such devotees!

This is one fragrance that lasts a long time for me & I love that, of course!

It reminds me of another fave I have which is no longer available, "Evere" by Erno Laszlo. I treat it like gold & wear on only the most special of occasions. But the Chloe is more of an anytime fragrance for me.

I wish the staff would give Evere it's own page....

soulflwr
soulflwr

When I smell this I think of lipstick, hair salons, stockings, and glamour. It also transports me because for some reason it reminds me of my mom when she was younger and I was a child. Maybe she wore it at some point?

Other than reminding me of my mother, this perfume is connected to some part of my memory, though I'm not quite sure what that memory is. It gives me a pleasant, comforting, nostalgic feeling...like comfort food for my nose.

I like it but unfortunately I also find it unwearable...to dated for my taste. :( I think it's the carnation note, I really dislike that smell and it completely ruins an otherwise beautiful fragrance for me. So, I'll just keep my little bottle and sniff it from time to time, and spray a little in the air for that pleasant nostalgic feeling it gives me.

mystica
mystica

There is something ethereal about Chloe, and that's because of the white flowers which are not easy to pull off at all on the contrary to what may most think.
It's no coincidence that I beg for the smell of white flowers (jasmine and tuberose in particular) instead of fleshy/animalic musks and earthy spices as long as I meditate. Well I dunno if this may mean something to someone in this context, but the TUBEROSE in Chloe (and its balanced mixture with other flowers) has very HIGH vibrations, hence the word "ethereal".
Chloe would be the angelic countertype of all sorts of sex in a bottle stuff like Poison which is ironically loaded with a megadose of... tuberose again.

missymary
missymary

Chloe is a mixed bouquet in a blast of powderyness, with a dominant narcissus note, but not nearly as strong as Chloe Narcisse. I definitely would not class it as a white floral. The tuberose and honeysuckle are subdued. Chloe is doe-eyed and softly persistent, and clings to fabrics in a much kinder way than the strong aldehydes like Aromatics Elixir. I love it on a winter scarf. It's an endearing cosy perfume. It stays the same for hours even in EDT. You can get it at most drug stores and T K Mxx but it's not cheap-smelling, it's a very gentle blast from the past.The only things not to like are the brown colour and uglyshaped bottle.

PLUMPIE

Honeysuckle and tuberose - delicously musky, clean and virginal yet dirty and sensual all in one. A deeply sensual musk sweet and depressive. A moody fragrance. As a child my mother would put the Chloe bathpowder in my bath if I was feeling sick it would make me feel clean, happy and well. Its a psychological thing but one sniff of this and I feel happy but sexy at the same time. Strange emotions mixed together - thats the best way to describe this fragrance.

Halvah

My review is based on the new, Coty Prestige Chloe by Chloe EDT.

I admit that I simply admire this scent! I tried once a vintage, maybe spoiled bottle of Chloe that was deeper warmer but just too much of old-school notes for my nose even though I love classic perfumes.

This new edt is easy to wear, chic and elegant and still classic without the feeling that someone around me may not appreciate the vintage feel of it.

I may have found myy signature scent finally!

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Amanita68, I really like your review !

amanita68
amanita68

Chloe, dear beautiful chloe, she is a northern girl, a lovely woman of the ice and snow, for this is where she truly shines.

I have tried chloe in the summer, but found her to be overwhelming, even cloying, but try her in the winter and her charms astound!

I am an aldehydaphobe, and the first time I tried chloe, her scent was totaaly overwhelmed by the initial blast of aldehydes and I could smell nothing more for the next hour or two, but that was in the summer.

I tried Chloe again in January, and WOAH! What a difference!

After about 30 seconds of spraying, I dared to sniff her. I could detect a faint hint of the aldehydes I so dislike, but within a minute they faded into the background, and the glorious flowers of the spring emerged and I was given a full on blast of the hyacinths, daffodils and lilac that sit waiting to emerge with the coming warmth of the spring, and they remained into the drydown with the beautiful musk and amber.

To wear Chloe at this time of year surrounds you in the optimism of what the spring has to bring. A breath of life, of what we all are waiting for, the fragrance of a spring garden with the sun slowly warming and rising with each passing day.

But like the hyacinths - when the spring is over, and the warmth of summer arrives, it's time for others to take her place.

This review was based on Chloe by Lagerfeld.

cheermom140
cheermom140

I think every teenager in the 70's wore this perfume. Smelled good then, smells good now but only for young girls.

Lumiere

Such comfortable classic, honey and apples, settles on skin so close. This is the one my daughter has chosen to wear to party tonight-out of my collection.Brings out confidence.

Colour i would associate with this Chloe is warm cream, melted butter, milk chocolate, amber. It envelopes with warmth, thick, good quality honey. It will probbaly be divine in cold winter as it has amost that woolen quality-it warmth you up with quality.

Such rich, lush and truly elegant scent that states confidence quietly. I do not see it ever go out of fashion. I do not remember it from it's peak popularity, it is my recent discovery which I would not hesitate to choose over any recent highly marketed release. Bravo.

EK
EK

The "real" Chloé is a Karl Lagerfeld production.(Not at all saying yours is fake).
Several online shops advertise with "original Chloé", but I honestly don't know if it's refaormulations or not. (It probably is). If I were to repurchase this one, I'd never consider it if the bottle didn't say Lagerfeld..

gazelle
gazelle

I've a question. My bottle says it is a Coty Prestige perfume. Anyone know which reformulation I might have? After the initial "chemical" notes it smells fairly close to the small bottle I used in the early 90's, but not as sweet or lush.

scenteena
scenteena

It's the honeysuckle! It's the honeysuckle! That I can't get past in this one, and unfortunately, this is all about that note. It also contains tuberose which isn't a fave of mine either, although tuberose is tolerable as a supporting note (ex. Ysatis, my old signature). In summation, Chloe is a good example of a sickly sweet, powdery, unexciting, floral. It just doesn't call my name, and even if it did, I wouldn't answer.

arubadream
arubadream

I usually dislike everything with Aldehydes and this is no exception either.

It's too heavy for liking, I can even tell from the color. The notes are very complex, smells very classic, mature and sophisticated...yet gives me a really bad migraine.

To me, it does not smell fresh or clean, it's just very heavy and gets heavier once worn in my country(10 months summer).

The bottle was passed down to me by my mother because she despise it, gave her a bad migraine as well. We prefer something light.

It lasts very long and has a great great sillage which makes me gasp for air.

Not my cup of tea...

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

Strong Tuberose from the start. Later on, woody and musky notes kick in and pretty lovely. I just wish the tuberose note weren't so strong; the base note is much better than the top one, which is kind of cheap. Overall, it's an acceptable perfume; not a WOW or HAAA....

Jomoves
Jomoves

I bought this when I read that my idol at the time, Olivia Newton-John, had named her daughter after this perfume, which she happened to be wearing at the time she met the father of Chloe Lattanzi on the set of the movie Xanadu.

Unfortunately, time has changed both Chloes - and not for the better! This used to be very floral, powdery, soft and sweet. Now it just seems cheap, tart and bitter, with an unpleasant sharpness. Such a shame. I'm glad others on here noticed the change and it isn't just me getting old!

My friend was also lucky enough to attend the premiere of Xanadu way back in 1981 and told me that when Olivia walked past her perfume was just beautiful. This was a BIG DEAL to a young fan! And just between you and me, I sometimes still wonder if Chloe was the fragrance Olivia was wearing at the time.

It was nice to traipse back in time to this 1975 release, which has now been replaced by a new Chloe, which to my nose is a predictable soapy rose fragrance.

The old Chloe is all about big florals, aldehydes and a touch of spice. It's concentrated and extremely old-fashioned, yet surprisingly enjoyable. I find many bottles of Chloe being sold in discount fragrance stores these days for next to nothing, which is a bit of a shame seeming that the new Chloe bears such a big price tag. I much prefer the old version over the new.

Chloe (1975) exudes more character and warmth. Dusty, old-fashioned tuberose, lilac and orange blossom take me straight back to a bygone era in the top notes. In the heart, a somewhat luxurious spiciness and coziness takes over, enveloping you in a cloud of richness.

Even though, in my early 20's, the new Chloe should be more my style, as it is for my friends, the original Chloe sits better on my skin. Dated, yes it most certainly is, but this is a classic in more ways than one.

Chloe has the tendency to be a sillage monster, so a light application is necessary. I don't know for how long Chloe will grace our stores, but I'm hoping it will stick around for at least a few more years.

ION
ION

Not really a review but I remember I smelled this once way back in the 80's. It was so nice I can't tell you how much!
It's impossible to find it in Greece (unless I searched all perfume shops in the country, I guess) and I am hesitant to order it from somewhere else as the reformulation you say is not good.
I remember it was divine and unmistakable!
Sometimes, its smell comes back to my mind for a moment or so, short enough to not be able to grab it once again.. and forever!

Airdna
Airdna

There is a really strong tangy note in Chloe, just too much for me, I can get a headache from smellng it. Love Chloe is much better.

urabrisa

Es olor de señora mayor. La compré por internet y la compré por los comentarios, huele a insecticida...

akats
akats

25 years ago, I had bought it as a replacement to my favourite Jontue. I had thought they were similar then, but they weren't. Chloe was as sensual and warm as that perfume of Revlon, but more strong, and leathery or spicy on my skin. My mother also liked it, so i gave her my bottle. When someone is crazy about eau folle, quartz, or quiproquo, cannot love Chloe at the same time...

Soutty123

I'm going to update my review because I smelled this today and actually it doesn't smell that different to me from the original version now. So much so that I purchased a bottle. When I last tried it in 2005 I was pregnant and went off a lot of my existing perfumes. I think that could be the reason why I thought that Chloe smelled so awful back then. Anyway, I'm going to be wearing this again. It was one of the first perfumes I ever had

sablebombe
sablebombe

I dug out an old bottle planning to sell it off on ebay! So I sprayed my wrist for old times sake!! Yes! You guessed it ..... not selling now!

With all the fragrances I have I totally forgot this beautiful, beautiful classic - the last time I wore this must have been a few years back and people commented on how nice it was - but I kind of poo poed it because it was an old fragrance! Well, as they say you cannot keep an old dog down!

When I first spray I get all the complex top notes - which I find a little 80's and a little off putting - but the middle and drydown shines on me! And it is the base that I love (the same base I thought stale smelling in the 80's!!!) I get a lot of amber from this and I just love amber I was thinking a little of the old Obsession on the drydown but a lot more demure!

I am so glad I am going to keep this! I didn't do big-hair in the 80's so I don't have any bad memories to be reminded of LOL !!!!!

TWebb
TWebb

I started wearing Chloe as a mainstay in the 80's. It was a warm musky floral with staying power. I still wear it occasionally. Unlike some other perfumes, it never felt "right" on me.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

My fondest memories of this perfume is my "younger" days when I started wearing perfume and fell in love with the "art" of scents from then on till today.

My 1st Chloe perfume was a gift from my eldest brother which he bought in Paris, France and I must say, it clearly become such an endearing gift because this perfume not only brought happy memories of my youth (though im now only in my 40's!) and of my brother (he passed away just 2 years ago) whom I missed whenever I smell this perfume. And the memories never fade, just like the memories of this lovely scent..!

guest007
guest007

Sweet mustard! Lovely!

lapurrla
lapurrla

Having received Chloe Narcisse with some other miniatures I found myself avoiding trying it because I have also been avoiding Chloe at all costs for over 20 years now. Hyacinths have a gorgeous scent and my father's Lilac tree produces gloriously perfumed flowers. I grew tuberoses once and they smelt heavenly on a still evening. So many gorgeous ingredients in the first Chloe. But my version of a scrubber. Try not to become offended if this is your favourite, many hate my faves too.

This was one of the few frangrances I ever wore on a regular basis in my youth (am rediscovering them again now). Loved it then! Have not smelled the reformulation so will be buying vintage off eBay to try it as a "grown-up". lol. It may have been too "old" for a 19 year old back then (my mother thought it odd that I liked it - she thought it smelled like her grandmother!)

soniamcalear

There is a definite change in this perfume, weaker than I ever remember it being. Seems to be a new trend in perfume-watered down and maybe nobody will notice!!! Hummm.........women do notice! Lots of complaints on Amazon. Anyway, I do love this perfume but its still not what I remember it being. A real nice rich girly type of scent and sort of soapy smelling too. Just so pretty!

Soutty123

When I was a teenager in the 1980s I used to wear this and it was divine. I got sick of it and stopped wearing it, didn't wear it for years. In 2005 I bought another bottle of it on a whim. OMG! What did they do to this wonderful, sweet, smoky and evocative fragrance? It is the cheapest, nastiest version imaginable. I have smelled better perfume a likes (Obssessional, Obsessive, you get the idea) in pound shops. As reformulations go, this has to be as bad as it gets. Such a shame. Why? I'm sure if they went back to the original formulation they would (a) sell more bottles and (b) people would be prepared to pay around £25-£30 for 30ml. It was such an amazing perfume once upon a time.

happygirl
happygirl

This was one of my first 'real' perfumes which I chose myself. I thought it was a steal I loved it so much. It is a warm fragrance for cool weather and it smells old world sophisticated without being harsh. It smells like it came from nature instead of artificial sweetness. I love the ylang ylang in it which I think is sexy. My boyfriend has commented on my perfume both positively and negatively on the days when I have been wearing it and I don't know what the difference was- maybe it has to do with the timeframe after spraying. I love smelling this on myself. I love this old version of Chloe and unfortunately the the new version doesn't resemble it at all, and I am very disappointed that one day I will not be able to find more of it.

mymlan

Chloé has in recent years (2008) launched a new signature for the house, which has lead to some confusion regaring the Chloe fragrance. This page refers to the "old" signature fragrance as shown in the pictues, launched by Lagerfeld in 1975, and later produced and reformulated by Parfums Chloé.

Of original (Lagerfeld) Chloe I have pure extrait and a vintage edt. I also have an edt of the current formula from Parfums Chloé.

The main difference between the current and vintage edt is that the vintage one is built around a really creamy and buttery tuberose. It is in general more widley flowering of hyacinth, jasmine and ylang ylang and the flowers are supported by a pinch of powder from the orris root and is firmly grounded by oakmoss. I smell coconut in both versions but oakmoss only in the vintage edt.

The current edt smells like a nice a bit undefined floral aldehyde powerhouse, yes it smells like Chloé but I miss certain elements that gives the fragrance it's original character and oomph. The sillage and longevity is great in both versions.

The vintage perfume is sweet, creamy almost buttery in character. It's intensively blooming and everything good about the vintage edt is amplified. It's less aldehydic, has good projection and is very longlasting.

Therfore, the current edt (Parfums Chloé) is a fragrance that I LIKE. The vintage edt on the other hand, I LOVE. And the vintage pure extrait, I ADORE :).

madameka
madameka

i'm not romantic at all.....but i like to smeel this fragrance on my skin ,like a baby smell ,sweet one and lovely...

lilinah
lilinah

I loved this stuff in the 1970s. I have a deluxe sample, but never bought a full bottle because a boss of mine i admired wore it and i didn't want to seem to be imitating her. Now i regret not buying a big bottle because the new scent pretending to be Chloe bears no resemblance whatsoever. And the original is long gone. Sigh. Ah, Chloe! Floral, incense-y, multi-layered, complex, luscious, sweet, romantic, yet strong, assertive, powerful. The perfume of a REAL woman.

The new fragrance bearing its name is so-so, ho-hum, commonplace... heck, downright common. It is beyond simple, it is simplistic: a little white floral, a little of that ubiquitous melon-y scent that seeps out of so many hum-drum fragrances of today. Why did they bother to give that sad pathetic wimpy fragrance the name of this luxurious classic...

njyogachick
njyogachick

My bottle was purchased in the last two years, so I am guessing this is the re-formulation everyone is mentioning. I enjoy the maturity and strength of aldehyde scents but wasn't too impressed by Chloe. It just feels old hat to me. I smell powdery honeysuckle and dry down has an almost light coconut note to it. I do love the crazy sillage Chloe gives off, but I don't think I would ever buy another bottle.

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

I have just received a bottle of the original formulation EDT and am totally swept away by it.At first sniff, I was taken aback becaue it came across as quite intrusive and strident but I have learnt now to let it settle. A few minutes later , I was rewarded with the beautiful complexity that this fragrance offers. A warm, spicy floral that is unashamedly classic and does not feel the need to appeal to anyone that does not respect who she is. She's earned her right to be considered a legend.I can't get enough of it.

wndrlnd
wndrlnd

This was my high school scent as well! At the time, I loved it. I remember tuberose and aldehydes, it was so sweet and smelled wonderful on my clothes. I don't like what I hear about the reform, I was hoping to revisit it in the near future.

Sassy1
Sassy1

The original Chloe was my high-school choice...soft and feminine powdery flowers.
I wore this and Toujour Moi instead of Love's Baby Soft all the other girls were wearing, which did smell just like baby powder and was too innocent and juvenile for my taste. Your other options, patchouli or musk oil...god I miss head shops...
Anyway, I have sniffed the re-form and it is nothing like the wonderful '70's version. Way too much choking powderiness and not much else.

So, look for an old bottle and wear sparingly, as I recall, a little goes a long way.

I have the new version EDT. I bought it unsniffed and it is really bad. I can't say anything nice about it. It's not sweet, creamy, tuberose, or any of the other things people described. It reminds me of a bathroom air freshener my grandparents had in their house, and the scent was called "potpourri". It's a melange of too much stuff.

I am not speaking to the original version, as I have never tried that out before, but I have a strong feeling it's a lot better than what I own.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Talk about lasting power...this may be one of the all time champions! This will linger on anything that touches it for weeks I swear. Even after clothes go thru the wash it still remains! I love this smell...I can only take it in small doses and would not be able to wear this every day but it is a good one for summer and for anyone who wants a super long lasting scent!

LaPetite
LaPetite

Classy and classic and "old school frangrance" that might seem and oldie to many, "vintage" according others , is a must have for the romantic woman who can't do without white bloosom (i don't smell any coconut in that O_o)or for a sweet teenager .

for some reason, i really love this heavy, strong, syrupy fragrance. it drys to a sexy, musky, floral. it hangs with you all day or evening. a little is a lot. for some reason this perfume always reminds me in a very subtle way of anais anais.

judeaqua
judeaqua

its good after it completely dries down maybe after 2-3 hours... very nurturing and motherly scent... but pretty dated... not modern but classic powdery bittersweet, cosy, it renders a submissiveness to its wearer.

angelyalia
angelyalia

After getting recomended by a few friends into trying Chloe, I finally got around to giving it a try... I really don't like writing bad reviews but this is the first perfume to make me feel a small wave of nausea after smelling it. It's SO very over sweet! Never the less I decided to give it a go, as I do with every scent I try out and I gave it a few minutes to settle in before making up my mind... but it just got worse! I don't know if it's my skin or what :(

In the end I had to bring my shopping trip to a halt, go home and thoroughly scrub my wrist because it was so completely overwhelming.

I'm sorry Chloe but we just weren't meant to be!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I remember trying this as a youngster and hating it, ahh the fallacy of youth. I must admit I still find it pretty challenging.

It is rich, thick and spicy honeyed but that uber buttery tuberose! It is almost too much for me. Why can't tuberose love me as much as I want to love it? Whhhyyyyy???

I don't mind admitting that Chloe still kicks my behind like its 1989 but we have come to peace with one another and can enjoy one another from a distance.

floriana
floriana

Unique and special scent.
Strong and rich floral bouquet, but never
intrusive or loud. For woman with strong personality. Always reminds me on antique vase with beautiful flowers.
Timeless classic, smells expensive,but not pretentious.
Excellent choice for signature scent, for one unusual lady.

Scent-a-holic
Scent-a-holic

I have a bottle of this and I do like it. It's not my fav top 10 list but it's a nice honeysucley sweet perfume that's long lasting with good silliage for the money. I can see why it's an enduring classic it's perfect for spring and summer.

scentous
scentous

This is a review about the original Chloe by Lagerfeld (one with the simple rose design bottle with the tabac color), where I do not bother myself to write about the new one...I cannot say enough as it is my signature scent, wonderful smell, and too bad that it is very difficult to find it..there are tons of floral notes in it but all of them are blended sooo good that the formula makes a very unique scent where you cannot seperate the notes, so it is not jasmine, not tuberose, not rose or carnations but it is "chloe"..In spite of the high number of flower notes in it, it is not a loud floral (those usually make me sick and turns my stomach), on the contrary creamy and soapy even..but don't get me wrong it is not a simple clean smelling soap but a rich and expensive one that royals used in their personal tubs... It is funny that I am not into floral scents, even I can say that I am against them and my signature scent is "chloe"..it is very long lasting and has an amazing sillage (even with the edt), and there is no one around smelling chloe:))

cisco
cisco

Just received my edt and it is not Aunt Alice's Chloe from the eighties, but it is still amazing. I don't think of Chloe as a floral. It is deliciously spicy. I have an old bottle of edp with a tiny bit left. I may soup this edt up with the edp. I am looking forward to cool weather to wear this gem. Chloe is my favorite spice.

Tip: Get some Hanae Mori whipped body butter and use it with anything spicy. It is yummy to say the least. Oh yeah, I threw my cool weather assesment away today....bad girl. Perhaps this is a lapse of taste...who cares?

rockabette
rockabette

I like Blissful's comment too.

My stepmother wore this to death. I never ever ever want to smell this scent again if I can get away with it.

Wear this and your whole house growing up smells like this scent.

Blissful80
Blissful80

I like Chloe... I guess... "BUT" I don't want to own a bottle of it. LOL! OK, my reason why well.. my boyfriend...his ex girlfriend wore Chloe it must of been her signature scent... and I'm telling you... if your man has been around a woman that wears this very heavy floral your going to know he was around her! This stuff stays on everything and anybody you come in contact with, I mean you don't even have to touch the person wearing it, just talk to them and it will be on their breath. Way too strong for me. Anyone I have been around that is wearing this, they smell like they took a bath in it!

parisa
parisa

Old Chloe was reformulated. Old-old one (Parfums Lagerfeld) is wonderful floral, rich and dense, creamy, and also it is not a killer tuberose, so those who are scared of tuberose can handle it. New-old one (Parfums Chloe) is less creamy and rich, and more soapy, different then the original one.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Oh, lovely! It's powdery, a little creamy I don't feel dominating tuberose. A very feminine and elegant scent.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

My mother had a small 5 ml bottle of Chloe back in the 80's, which means it must have been pre-reformulation era. I can't remember how it smelled at all, just that 10-year-old me was completely mesmerized by it. So in my latest perfume shopping spree, I included a bottle of post-reformulation Chloe.

Dated? Yes, definitely. Outdated? Hell no.
A soft but powerful floral aldehyde scent, where the notes blend perfectly together in that beautiful old-fashioned way. (Caution: apply sparingly, or you're in for a sneeze-fest.)
Chloe is one of those rare fragrances that manages to appear both sophisticated and adorable, all at once. It makes me want to let my long hair out, put on a billowing dress and stroll across fields. (Too bad I have short hair and live in the city.)

guest_Ang
guest_Ang

Cute name for a perfume. Too bad about what's going on inside. This smells like old rancid perfume. Its remind me of a neighbor I had when I was younger. She always smelled of cigarettes, beer and this perfume. Its smells cheap. Too strong. Not a favorite of mine.

dgtlsrcrss
dgtlsrcrss

I'm sure other people have said this already, but I have to say - the EDP is really very different from the EDT!
The EDT is very aldehydic and has that nauseous 'edge' that I'm sure is what a lot of people fear. If you can score the EDP though, it is so much smoother and creamier. There is almost none of that edge at all, it's just a beautiful musk-y tuberose-y dream!! :)

Lady Love
Lady Love

If you want something new, cuz you are tired of today's floral fragrances, due to the lack of personality and strength, I think chloe can fullfill your expectations.

Chloe is a fullbodied scent like Ysatis by Givenchy but more floral and warm. This beauty is for use on special occasions, is not an everyday fragrance and is not for nightclubs or a first date. Chleo is an expert when you want to attract somebody’s attention for your luxury and sophisticated style.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

Too many complicated notes which in the result give me a strong headache. Maybe it's too mature for me.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This smells 'old' - certainly not modern in any way - but I was surprised how much I liked this. It's a dark heavy floral but perhaps a good choice if you don't want to smell like every other fruity floral going. I'd compare it to a vintage dress that on the right wearer looks fresh but is always borderline dress up in mum's old clothes.

msskopik
msskopik

Did they change the formula? I smelled a sample in a magazine today and it not only looks diffrerent, but smells different as well.

7Hills
7Hills

When I sold cosmetics in the 80s, Chloe was Big! I love all the comments here about "power suits and big hair". :-) This scent was popular with many men who wanted to give perfume to their wife or SO. They knew the name and loved the smell- that was it- sold!

nyoka
nyoka

Unlike all the great reviews,I do not like this one.Got it in a set.Even my daughter in law said it stank on me.Maybe body chemistry.Looked forward to having it but,was so dissapointed.Maybe all the others were right so give it a try.The only great thing was it was not longlasting on me.Maybe im just olfactory challenged.

kezbekistan
kezbekistan

I quite like this perfume, but like so many other reviewers, I automatically connect it to "something" from the 70's or early 80's; perhaps one of those older, nasty female bosses with little sense of smell who used to drown themselves in it?
And, oddly enough, those who do not connect it to the image of 'power-suits' and 'big hair' ie: those born in the 90's on, have no such issues with it and either like it or not.
Used sparingly, (note- 'SPARINGLY'!), it is simply devine on the right person.
It IS a strong pefume. It IS heavy. It IS horrible if over used.
But Chloe is a nice change from the plethora of lolly scented little girly perfumes around these days.
As with all perfumes, try it before you buy it. A few times, from a few different outlets.

pansylady

I adore this fragrance- it brings back great memories of my last romance before marriage- it has incredible staying power- had the sweetest habit of lingering on the pillows-

and the bottle is one of the best ever- very art noveau-

I gave the new Chloe a brief sniff- and it bore not even the slightest resemblance to the original- like mellyhelly said, it was very thin- like an anemic rose that is lacking essential nutrients-

mymlan

I've just got my hands on a vintage pure perfume (yes the beautiful organic bottle above!) and Chloe pp is even more intoxicating than the EdP I tested before. It's still a loud floral bouqet but less buzy. And it is so heavenly sweet and creamy. But as with all oldies the sweetness is not edible or sugary, it's just very inviting. Chloe is very debated for sure. My advice is to go for the higher concentrations if you find it scary, and let it settle down for some minutes before you evaluate it. Some fragrances deserve a second and a third chance. Chloe is one of them.

Edit: The vintage EdT is also a true beauty!

soniamcalear

This is one I don't like at all. Maybe a weaker (very weaker) version would not be so bad but geeze louise we left the 70's and 80's and went sheek and elegant smelling since then. Very heavy perfume.

www.brittxxx.nl
www.brittxxx.nl

Worked for Karl Lagerfeld.In the showroom where always bottles laying of this parfume.Realy delicious!

AngelaGanttCarp
AngelaGanttCarp

Delicious like eating a sweet apple! Wears long and subtle. Great for all ages and sensitive noses.

mymlan

Chloe (Lagerfeld) is a very lovable and unique gem among fragrances. It opens up like a big bouquet of precious garden flowers, picked in a warm summer evening when all fragrances are so intense, as the flowers are trying to attract the last butterflies for the day. It's intoxicating, alluring and a bit confusing because of it's complexity. But after a while when it settles down the EdP leaves a sensual trail of creamy sweetness, which is very appealing for both the wearer and surronding individuals. Bewiching!

I really liked the old vintage version of Chloe! A grand, elegant, totally feminine tuberouse powerhouse with a very sensual drydown. It was so complicated yet smooth and creamy. No edible fruity/foody edge. Those were the days when women didn't smell like cakes, chocolate and bubblegum - oh, so yummy!
Those were the days when women smelled of thick intoxicating flowers and woody soft drydown.
If not overdone Chloe was a very elegant perfume. It lasted forever. Not for faint at heart, but not offensive anyway. I don't know why they felt the need to discontinue it.
The new Chloe is a good smelling average floral with no oomph!

Sexy but not a tramp-
a gorgeous fragrance in a fabulous bottle- incredible staying-power- reminds me of my last fling before getting married-

Kristel
Kristel

Very stylish, feminine, and beautiful. Irresistible fragrance.

andy
andy

total classic scent this is REAL PERFUME

kajsakatt
kajsakatt

One of the greatest classics it`s SO feminine :)

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Gorgeous in the bottle, ridiculous on me - maybe it's the coconut, I don't know, but my skin smelt like it had gone rotten and I had to wait for the aroma to fade! Yeuch! I remember 20 years ago when this was one of THE fragrances to wear; I was sad because I simply couldn't. It was lovely on everyone else!

guest_test
guest_test

are all the versions of the classic Chloe counterfeit now? I can still find it but the ingredients look different than the original.

exciter76
exciter76

This edt is so shamelessly dated--and I love it for that very reason. Close your eyes and imagine Stevie Nicks' lace get-up swirling about you. This is what I would imagine her air to smell like.

A ton of memories came flooding back at first spray. I could smell my mother's beautiful dresses, the ones I used to get into and play dress up. I could smell the beautiful women of my childhood, seeming so sophisticated, fashionable, and regal. They were the women I anxiously aspired to be.

I can't put my finger on what element makes this fragrance smell so dated, aside from the fact that it does not smell fruity or vanillic as most scents do today. The tuberose and lilac come to the forefront and make no plans of leaving anytime soon. Come to think of it, they don't leave for several hours. The peach lends a fleshy-scented quality which leaves quickly and the carnation and ylang-ylang give the fragrance a spicy kick. After several hours, the musk and sandalwood contribute to a floral-tinged incense quality.

An aside, for those of you who want to pick up a bottle of the original formula edt, know that it can be purchased cheap ($20) at Marshall's.

Lacrymosa
Lacrymosa

I used to loathe this scent back in the day, but I was young and at the time preferred oriental scents. Things have changed...
I was admiring a coworkers scent and it turned out to be the dreaded Chloe, I was in raptures over the smooth creamy tuberose/white floral bouquet and immediately went through two bottles, enjoying every moment.
I am saddened that the powers that be decided to rebrand the name and retire this particular scent and am now in the process of tracking down some bottles to keep.

The_Entity
The_Entity

Shame this was discontinued, it has a nice warm, heavy aroma the new chloe doesnt have as much character

pink sugar girl
pink sugar girl

I went to a christmas bazar and won this perfume i was so excited when i got home i sparyed it on and it was TERRIBLE!!!! i hate it but my grandma loves it

guest_Victoria
guest_Victoria

I love Chloe! The scent is fresh and clean.

hibernia

The thrill of many perfumes are going as the companies are being taken over by corporations who are trying to make all perfumes the same. There is a reaction. If everyone who is disappointed in a new bottle of an old favourite complains, then maybe "they" will take note!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Its a shame they retired the "old" version of this perfume. I loved the richness of "Chloe"- so many things were going on at once, yet they all worked so well together. It was one of those seamless 70's scents that emphasized the harmony of all of the notes together instead of highlighting any one note. I will have to use my tiny bottle of this sparingly.

hibernia

I had it twice the old one. I loved it. I wasn't thrilled to learn that it was a favourite of the Ayatollah Khomeini!

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

My Mom wore this alot when I was very small. It still makes me think of her wool dress suits she wore to work. This is a real woman scent! It is stron so you dont need much. The aldehydes really stand out in this one. Chloe changes over the day and is one of those you scents you will leave on whatever you wear or rub against! Sexy!

dovey
dovey

so far the worst perfume I've ever had !!
it is too heavy .....makes u feel depressed when u wear it.....

Honey Bee
Honey Bee

It's an interesting scent and a bit heavy but I got compliments when I used to wear it.

Lolly007
Lolly007

In den 70ern mochte ich diesen Duft sehr.
Einige Jahre später konnte ich ihn nicht mehr riechen.

In the 70th I liked this smell very much. Some years later I could not smell him any more.

Halvah

I may have tried a very old, even spoiled bottle... When testing, it was a classic, deep scent, but it turned into something thrilling bad, really. although I love classic scents from the beginning of the 20th century, and this is from 1975....

Nuppu
Nuppu

Powdery, creamy peach and tuberose, comfortable yet a bit strong.

benzippo
benzippo

An tuberose note to the extreme where you either like it or hate it. May smell outdated to some but all in all a great perfume creation not to mention the memories it will evoke on those who wore it during their glamorous years....

Chloe by Chloe 3.30 out of 5 based on 957 ratings and 176 user reviews

Narcisse Perfume by Chloe, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Chloe by Karl Lagerfeld for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.0 oz
Chloe by Karl Lagerfeld for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.0 oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Narcisse Gift Set by Chloe Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 6.8 oz Body Lotion
Chloe Perfume by Chloe - 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Chloe Perfume by Chloe - 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Narcisse Perfume by Chloe - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Narcisse Perfume by Chloe - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
CHLOE for WOMEN by Chloe SET-EDT SPRAY 3 OZ BODY LOTION 6.8 OZ
CHLOE for WOMEN by Chloe SET-EDT SPRAY 3 OZ BODY LOTION 6.8 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
Narcisse Perfume by Chloe - -- Gift Set - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 6.8 oz Body Lotion
Chloe New by Chloe for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Chloe new Perfume by Chloe, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Chloe new Perfume by Chloe, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Chloe new Perfume by Chloe, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Chloe new Perfume by Chloe, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chloe Chloe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chloe Chloe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chloe by Chloe. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chloe by Chloe represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.