Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Chloe Narcisse Chloe for women
dislike

I have it: 603 I had it: 547 I want it: 163 My signature: 11

Chloe Narcisse Chloe for women Videos
Chloe Narcisse Chloe for women Pictures Chloe Narcisse Chloe for women Pictures Chloe Narcisse Chloe for women Pictures

Chloe Narcisse is a floral perfume dominated by daffodil. The perfume is very feminine, sweet, but with a bitter note. It is very intense, so be careful about the amount you use. The top notes include peach, pineapple, sweet orange blossom and delicate violet. The heart is made of gardenia, carnation, jasmine and rose. Cedar, sandalwood, vanilla and musk are in the base. Chloe Narcisse was launched in 1992. The nose behind this fragrance is IFF.

Pineapple Apricot Orange Blossom Violet Peach Marigold

Spices Carnation Gardenia Jasmine Rose Oil Rose Narcissus

Tolu Balsam Sandalwood Musk Vanilla Cedar

Boss Orange
Cecita

Chloe Narcisse Fragrance Reviews

MRowe
MRowe

Like several of my favorites I discovered this in a dusty outdoor flea market circa 1997. I loved the staying power and sweetness but it is definitely not for a very hot day or enclosed space. Also like many of my favorites my grandmother (a diehard Giorgio fan) hated it and called it "that horrible narcissus spray". Familial complaints aside, I got many compliments.

krmarich
krmarich

I was given a gift set with a bottle of EDC and perfume from the original release in 1992. Chloe Narcisse is more tolerable than the original. Gone is the tuberose which is replaced with luscious white flowers.

It follows the trend of the era with sweet flowers at a very high volume. I believe the sweetness is coming from the fruit-pineapple, peach and apricot. This is not the sugar cupcake sweetness however. The gardenia lends that sultry tropical note. I pick up the rose and violet underneath the white floral notes. The narcissus is like the paper whites I grow in winter. They are sharp and bitter. Its not as severe as tuberose, yet it is an acquired taste for some.

I wonder who the nose is? It resembles Sophia Grojsman in many ways yet her name is nowhere to be found.

This would be perfect in the winter/spring. Its somewhat stifling in the heat. Its very feminine and lasts until your next shower and then some.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I lived with a friend who wore this when it first came out, and while I liked it, it had a very distinct "burnt rubber" aspect that really assaulted my nose and throat. Yesterday I was in a nostalgic mood and tried the current version. Reformulations often mean a weaker juice and in this case I think that's a good thing! All the harsh notes have been taken out but the essence is still very much the Narcisse I remember. It reminds me in many ways of Lauder's Spellbound, and dries down to a sexy floral scent that is not easy to describe.

It's like the scent of an abandoned greenhouse that has fallen into decay with the fragrance of overgrown rare flowers mixing with vines, soil, humdity and moss.

yola40
yola40

This is one of my top favorites as being a perfume lover as well as a flower lover. I have been wearing this for at least 20 years now.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

PerfumeAddiction and Pari88 have captured Chloe Narcisse perfectly for me. No need to write another review, as theirs are already perfect.

FIVE STARS.... excellent value and high quality scent!

Pari88
Pari88

This is absolutely enchanting. I bought this from Rite Aid very impulsively as it was on sale, less then $20 and I fell in love with the first spray. I wish they made these styles of perfumes again. My generation is stuck with weightless lab made ingredients and sticky fatty smells that smell of cake and corn syrup, or dirty fruitchoulis that smell like an unbathed person and screechy public bathroom florals and citruses.
I apologize for the rant, but this 90s perfume is in a class of its own.

My Chloe Narcisse is heavy like an oil but radiates around you. The smell is sweet, a little spicy, but very soft. It is indeed a floral, but not indolic, and not sharp, sweet,almost natural. It is hard to describe, or discern every note as it well mixed, but I have smelled it before, maybe at an oil shop.
Sweet florals, narcisse, rose, with a touch of syrupy juicy peach and apricot and plum, with a slight metallic jasmine and the barest hint of allspice.
There is weight to this, depth, character. It is a voluptuous scent, thick a little dark, but a soft light feel, and not overwhelming. Truly one of the most feminine perfumes I have ever smelled. It doesn't have anything unpleasant smelling, not one note really stands out, but as a whole it truly stands out from the rest. There is nothing musty or musky, it is very well balanced.

As it radiated on my skin on a warm 80 degree day, it just felt right. It feels like me. It has presence but not gaudiness. Simplicity, but not homely. A womans warm touch and gentle passionate kisses. Truly lovely. When I smell it I am reminded of one of my favorite songs, "Summer Rain" by Carl Thomas.

A perfect casual and intimate scent for all weather, day or night. The heat really lets this beauty shine and I feel it would be perfect in the Fall as well. 3 sprays lasted me the entire day, and held strong as it still radiated. It is a well mixed oriental floral. I wore it yesterday for the first time and was complimented by a male walking by me, he asked me the name to buy it for his wife.

I can't recommend this enough to women who don't particularly wear florals but are looking to find one that smells natural, but not sharp or too airy. This should cost much more, the Quality it has surpasses numerous 3 digit price perfumes. It has a niche smell, nothing commercial or vintage.
This lovely sweet oriental floral is my new love.

miaou
miaou

Smells like Sophia Grojsman! Probably that's because of the carnation and peach - i tend to notice them in most of her fragrances. Even though it is not her creation, if you like Sun Moon Stars, Eternity, Tresor or Diamonds and Rubies, you'll totally love this fragrance.
P. S. I don't think this certain frag smells of daffodils (VC&A First does a lot more to my nose) - i have a bouquet on my desk, they have nothing in common. And the bottle reminds me of snowdrops.

wildwitch67
wildwitch67

I think this is such a pretty fragrance for a lady. Quite strong with good staying power. Very sweetly floral. You can usually pick a 30ml bottle up for less than £10 which is a good buy. A nice day time scent. I've bought a few bottles in the past. Summery scent.

velvetpeony
velvetpeony

I adore this as it smells just like Johnson's Baby soap, in the pink box.

I get a lovely soft carnation scent that lasts for the day (with one spritz).

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

Strong peachy narcisse with a soapy touch.Funny perfume!
The nicer nabour to Boudoir by VW!
But What a ugly bottle o_O

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Review for older version -
Strangely I have been asking my children their thoughts on some of my newer perfumes. I ran this one across my 10 yr old who I also call honest Abe. After sniffing about 10 new scents and giving me an "oh my God that smells Grandma" (Whatever Grandma smells like)? we got to Narcisse. His eyes lit up and he said now that's not too bad. This is my impression also. This my dear ladies is a Silage monster. Proceed with caution. Some of these older fragrances are designed to have a power kick - one spray will do you. This is one of those. Spicy floral. I tend to enjoy more spice so of course this is a winner in my book. There are fragrances that you spray on and love immediately and then there are those you spray directly on skin and give a few minutes. Narcisse is the later. If you have a few minutes of patients and a light spraying hand, enjoy spicy florals then this one might knock your socks off. If your a fruity gourmand lover steer clear Narcisse might let you down.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I first wore this when I was in college in 1995, I picked up a set with the lotion and perfume at a discounty department store. I didn't know about the original Chloe or anything like that. I have always been a colorful dresser, and in college I was really becoming comfortable with that aspect of my personality. I've also always been ultra feminine, so this scent really appealed to me, including the beautiful bright hot colors on the packaging. Later my mother wore it as a signature too, because she is very feminine and likes strong fragrances. I got her a bottle of this in 2013 for Christmas, instead of the Red Door she requested, because I thought she needed a little fun, flirty energy.

It is strong, that can not be said enough. This is a different era of perfume, when an EDT could last and last, and you only needed a tiny bit. Now the fragrances are all very watery in comparison, you need to spray tons of it to get a similar effect, and they don't last at all. In my opinion, it is much better to have a 'strong' fragrance with staying power, and adjust the amount that you are using to the event you are going to. I feel ripped off when the fragrance calls itself an EDP and has high prices but no lasting power. However, in 1995 when I wore this regularly, people weren't as worried about offending others with fragrance. That whole movement came into effect later on. I remember clearly when at a job in 2001, we were told not to wear fragrance because it might offend the customers.

Anyway, I'm so glad I picked up a bottle of this for myself. 1 oz for $12.99 at Marshall's, it is an absolute steal. It smells the same to me, although it has been a long while since I've worn it. I think this is still a very unique fragrance, and it must be the daffodil. I didn't know daffodil is narcissus, until I read these reviews. Good to know! I love fresh cut daffodils and so it's no surprise that CN appeals to me. It is an ultra feminine, bright, cheerful, strong, unapologetic perfume. I think most people would be fine with this fragrance because it is so pretty, but it will certainly offend anyone who is extra sensitive to fragrance. This is a great addition to a floral lover's perfume wardrobe, for those times when you want to feel lushly feminine and really stand out. Parties, dates, special romantic occasions. Or to please yourself! We can't all be inoffensive all of the time, even if we try really hard. Sometimes we just have to be the gorgeous bright flowers that we are, even if we are too much for the blander people. Plus, at this price point, it is an affordable item to have in your collection even if you don't wear it very often.

KellyS80

God I used to love this perfume without reserve my god mother used to wear it and she was to me the most comforting and beautiful women I knew. I convinced my father to by it for me much to his annoyance as entered the car each morning aged 12 marinated in the stuff. As you can guess I still loved it even then.

But 5 -7 years later I wore it and I found it cloying and not the same something strange even desperate about the smell but this could be just bad memory association for me (during difficult times). I want to love this perfume again I really do because it does have an amazingly beautiful unique allure. I wonder if the EDP is less cloying can anybody tell me?
I hear Fleur de Narcisse is not as good.

KellyS80

I hear Fleur de Narcisse is not as good.

janmarianna
janmarianna

This perfume really stands for its name, it smells exactly as narcissus , really nice smell just don't over do it with the spraying as it is really strong with enormous longevity , personally I wear it in night.

rainbow4006

Im constantly surprised by the number of people that will stop me in a public place to ask what the beautiful fragrance is im wearing....I even had a bus driver ask me, as he wanted to buy it for his wife! I actually cannot smell it that much on me, but other people comment a lot...it seems to be the perfume that is just "me" and it longevity is fabulous!

browneyedmama
browneyedmama

Sweet & Spicy. Unique. How you apply is key. This is not body spray, a little bit goes a long way.

Gingercat77
Gingercat77

I bought this vaguely remembering how i thought i liked it when i was younger. The first spray was initially very pleasing but that quickly faded and i was left with something which smelled synthetic, cheap and harsh. I think it was the Chloe original that i had liked and got the two confused. I got rid of this bottle the next day as i really couldnt bear the smell of this sadly.

HALEY-SUE
HALEY-SUE

This is very spicy and sometimes the orientals do tend to turn some folks off. They are strong & stir up allergies in some.
Lucky for me, it's not usually the case, but Narcisse, while intense/strong, is not offending. It is a subtle-strong if there is such a thing. Very flowery. Very pretty to smell. I prefer the 'dab' to the 'spray' on this one; because it takes only a little!
Most spicy orientals (especially with amber) make me have to wash them off after a couple of hours because, I'm tired of it already.
But I can wear Narcisse all day and it isn't bothersome. It is a well-done version of a flowery, spicy, very feminine perfume. Not one of my favorites,but glad I have it.

lirael00
lirael00

A pleasant surprise coming from this one. I haven't expected anything because I really thought that yellow flowers and me just don't get along. But apparently we do! Maybe it's because of the spices I don't know but this one is quite special. It's not typical for sure. Will wear this whenever I'll want to stand out from the crowd. The sillage is great but not too offensive. Very romantic.

naen
naen

Yellow flowers, for sure. Pleasant, romantic, not obsolete, as some ladies described it.
Warm and embracing, long lasting to my surprise, being only an EDT. Perfect for this cold winter, and during any cold days.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I had this in my mid twenties and I remember that I did like it very much but I gave it away when I got halfway through the bottle. I think back then this was a tad too strong for me. Fast forward to my early forties and I really want to get this again. I tested it recently and WOW! I love it! It's got all the power I want in a fragrance these days and it smells amazing on me (I suspect it always did, but I wasn't as confident wearing it back then). Definately my next purchase.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

this a fresher more vibrant version of Tresor..it is stunning and this was a cute fragrance given to me as gifts and i love the bottle too..if you like Tresor you will love this!

Edee
Edee

The vintage version is quite good. Not sharp, sweet and mellow in my opinion. However,the bottle that I just recently found is almost twenty year old. It is actually quite good. They need to bring back the orginal formulas that made these such a success.

Glamdoc
Glamdoc

Maybe the formulation has changed. I bought this off the memories I have of my mother using it. Oh dear. It's loud alright,as well as sharp and sweet. I don't mind all that. My issue is that it's not blended well enough. The notes seem to stand alone instead of flow/merge into one another which gives it a synthetic/harsh aura. The only perfume I have at the moment that I do not like.

mrsames77
mrsames77

This is definitely a loud, strong, long lasting scent! The last time I wore this was in 1996, my then boyfriend (now husband for almost 17 years!!) bought me some and let's just say after a midnight walk and stop at the park, he told me he could still taste this perfume hours later! :) I remember it smelling good but it was very strong. I wonder if I would like it now..

mandiemag
mandiemag

I haven't reviewed anything here before, but I need to say that this is one of my all time favorite scents. It really works with my body chemistry, my husband loves it and it has that perfect sillage where you get complemented but aren't knocking anyone out with it. Lasts LITERALLY 24 full hours. I've also noticed that my hair seems to like it LOL. I don't spray it into my hair ever, but my hair always smells like it when I wear it. It also gets into my winter coats and stays there. I will wear it in the summer, but this is one of my favorite cold weather scents and has been since the 90's. I find I wear the regular Chloe more in spring and summer. Another all time favorite.

supernal light
supernal light

Beautiful, really comes into it's own at twilight during the summer when it seems to change personality and become quite mystical and magic.

Scout
Scout

This is most certainly very strong and substantial. (Not in a heavy amber vanilla type of way, but differently "substantial.") Quite intense and much more than I would expect for its price point.
Ok, how do I say this without sounding gross.... ? This is a fragrance that is begging to be tempered by a woman's own scent. Blend it in with some unscented dry shampoo and let it mingle with the sweet smell of your own sebum. Let it commingle with the dewey oil of your decollete. (Gosh this sounds gross but I don't know how else to explain). I don't think this is good sprayed on after a shower when the skin is dry.
Do any of you cook sauces? Have you ever made a gravy which required sour cream to be added at the end, but you can't add it in one straight shot or it will curdle? Same here. This needs to be tempered by you, your scent, else it will fall apart, curdle, go sour, assault the smeller, be bad. Temper with your own sweet salty tired self. It will make you new.
This is sweet like the original Chloe, and has a really bright drydown that is the 180-degree opposite of the austere Chanels. Yet somehow this is more mature than a Chanel-type classic.
The vibe I get from this reminds me of the vibes of: Beautiful, Fracas, Perry Ellis, Tocade (Rochas).
Edit: I wore this yesterday and it takes on a different tone in the Autumn. It's been over 24 hours since I sprayed and I can still detect the most delicious wonderful scent. I'm actually going to go out on a limb here and say that it reminds me of Chanel Allure or Allure Sensuelle, can't remember which. Kind of sweet soft. Just great.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Spicy, mysterious heaven, that's what Chloe Narcisse is all about. In a hardly subdued way. Wear her in the cooler weather, in the fall or winter, on the week-ends, outside, with the turn of the leaves, and this perfume is just right. Powdery with an undercurrent of fruits, spices, florals and woods. Swirling notes of orange blossom, violets, peach, jasmine, rose, sandalwood, musk, vanilla and cedar continue to tantalize those who surround the wearer and dance heavily with clicking heels in this deep perfume. Tolu balsam encompasses all to give a sweet amber finish.
The Chloe family always reminded me of dark clothing, misty jazz clubs filled with smoke, art galleries off the beaten path filled with eccentric odd paintings and street photography. It's for the woman who wears silver and gold jewelry at the same time, long vintage earrings, 1950's bangle bracelets and 1940's suit jackets with her just right capris and ballet slippers. Her lips are stoplight red and she arches her brows. She turns heads wherever she goes but not because she wants to, rather, because she is a composition of classics well put together and she does it right, although mysteriously and not many can. She stands alone and cannot be duplicated. That's what Chloe Narcisse is all about.

goldenlight83
goldenlight83

What else can u expect. This perfume is wonderful. I love this perfume. I love the warmth of the smell of this beautiful fragrance. I am in LOVE... I am a perfume fanatic and this is one is top notch.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

I sampled it today .Was a bit nervous about the oriental note & narcisse but to my happy surprise it turned out a beauty :)..A bit strong in a beautiful way , the carnation & daffodils are there and they work beautifully , it's a wonderful perfume with a unique character that could be easily worn in any season or time .

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

Chloe Narcisse works it's sweet magic for my chemistry to the same tune as the original's cloying and musty development on my skin (last time I checked) comes up flat.

Chloe Narcisse is just like bingeing on a mouth watering bowlful syrupy, sweet/tart cherry compote... so delicious!!!

Heavenly daffodil combines with fruits and flowers with perfection, sparking just enough of a sour, tutti-fruiti tang for contrast needed to captivate me.

Forget what they say about cocaine-this is the ultimate nose-candy!!

I love Narcisse. The ultimate fruity-floral. Been a fan since it's release back before my interest in fragrance took off. Yesterday I hit paydirt at CVS when I was able to snag several 50 ml bottles for a deep discount!!

Even though I have a cast iron stomach and have been known to eat sardines for breakfast, I totally get how Narcisse could bring on a case of the dry heaves by some forced to share air with this scent, especially in a moving vehicle. Chloe Narcisse kicks &ss, and has got to be the absolute strongest perfume I have so far encountered, easily outblasting the strongest spicy orientals on my skin.

Strength: Three spritzes lasts all day, into the next day.
Sillage: Easily fills a small to medium room.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Definitely a heady floral! Not for the faint hearted. Rich and creamy drydown nestled in a wonderful bouquet. Wallflowers need not apply! One spritz that you walk through is all you need for the whole day.

heymoe9
heymoe9

Mehh, it could be worse. Too sweet for my taste. I bought it because the original Chloe smelled heavenly.

Loee
Loee

I first smelled this when I was a late-teen. I detested it. It smelled like insect repellent to me.

And to my unfortunate surprise, I would come across this scent again within a year of that first encounter. I was in Norway (I'm American), in a small town that was actually even too small to call a town. It was winter. I didn't speak the language; I didn't know my way around, and I was in a car with other girls one dark night. One of the girls freshened herself up with a few spritzes of Narcisse right before getting into the car; she was one of my hosts, and I was extremely nauseous. I didn't dare ask to roll down the window, being that it was like -30F outside. I stuck it out, and my dinner stuck it out too, remaining in my belly. I think now, I would have to say something, asking to roll down the window or maybe take me back home; I don't think my stomach is as iron as it used to be.

All these years later, I'd like to sniff it again, just to make sure that I don't like Narcisse. But it's the only perfume that smelled so awful to the nth degree for me.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I was a little afraid of Narcisse; I had thought that carnation brought a urine-like note on my skin for other fragrances. Either I was wrong, or this one doesn’t have that effect—it is a lovely, summery, bright floral.

I’m not sure that I’ve ever really smelled narcissus before, but I’m pretty sure the yellow, sunny vibe I’m getting is coming from that flower. I also smell vanilla, which surprised me; but very light, certainly a vanilla note to remind you that vanilla beans come from a variety of orchid and should smell floral. It is reminiscent of the original Chloe as it dries down—they both share jasmine, as well as peach and orange blossom. Narcisse is definitely not has heavy (the original Chloe had so much tuberose). My fellow fragranticans rate Narcisse as having a fairly heavy spice note; that I do not detect at all. This is a pure floral with a hint of fruit (peach and nectarine give a lovely ripe roundness that is not syrupy).

Chloe Narcisse is a bright, clean kitchen with airy lace curtains blowing in the breeze and yellow painted walls reflecting the sunlight; it’s a vase full of narcissus from the garden next to a wicker basket with a picnic lunch. It’s casual and relaxed, but still somewhat proper and reserved. It’s clean and fresh, but not soapy or citrus.

I’m surprised at how much I enjoy this scent, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fresh yet complex floral fragrance. Sillage is low/moderate on my skin, and longevity was only about 3 hours.

icecube
icecube

Happy yellow spring and summerperfume.
Just the right amounth of sweetness blended with wonderful daffodils, a tiny spark of marigold and carnation.
If you where not in a god mood before putting this on you will be after.
On my 25 best list !!

lassmichdich
lassmichdich

i just can't express how much i love it... so exhilarating!! not cat- but me-nip this is.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

NARCISSE by Chloe

Gorgeous rich fruity oriental floral! Opens with a fresh burst of just picked and sliced fresh juicy pineapple, peach, and apricot with a thick, fully blooming bouquet of bittersweet, invigorating marigold, and some scattered sweet orange blossoms with a few powdery violets thrown in.

Next comes a heady mélange of abundant clove-laden spices enrobed in bushels of even more zesty carnations, a sultry white-hot gardenia/jasmine combo, and a mountain of narcotically sweet green-sappy-dewy morning fresh daffodils smelling like the stems were just ripped from the earth! The rose is only an afterthought here adding a touch of richness, and melding the florals to the supporting base of spicy resinous tolu balsam, a slightly astringent yet rich sandalwood, a clean woody cedar for added depth, and a moderate weight musk to impart a sensual feeling of intimacy.

The vanilla, used here in poised restraint, moderates the bitterness of the marigold. Likewise the powerfully resinous marigold curbs the sweetness of the vanilla. A splendidly opulent balance is achieved in this composition due to this equalization between these two opposing notes, which is ongoing within this scent from opening to complete dry down, and contributes largely to the brilliant and unique character of this perfume.

I find this fragrance to be warmly sensuous and inviting. There is something joyful and relaxed within it as well. It is powerful without being overtly loud. Non-threatening, elegantly seductive, and lots of fun! On my skin there is a distinct absence of harshness, and a plentiful abundance of soft, plushy, clean-skin melding carnal voluptuousness. It’s just delightful! I love it!

renestripling
renestripling

I've had this one in my collection for some time now, in the sweetest little mini bottle that is cute as a button and definitely one of the frags I keep on my vanity for aesthetics.

For a long time though, the bottle was all I admired about the scent. I found it very sharp, and loud the first time I tried it, and consigned it to eye candy status.

I decided to take it for a ride again recently, and realized I judged a bit too hastily a few years ago. The sharpness and bitterness turned me off the first time, in fact to me it was initially so bad that I washed it off. Therein lay my mistake, the spicy dry down was much more pleasing, and the sillage was very long lasting, however no where near overpowering.

So all in all I like this fragrance, but find it extremely biting directly after applying. The dry down is much more alluring to me. It's definitely one of the frag's I reserve for when I want something 'different'.

susie2013
susie2013

my mum gave me this in 93. it was the most amazing smell ever, i can stll remember it perfectly. it was deep , warm, girly, and intensly floral.
everone complemented me when i wore it
i bought some a few years ago, for nostalgia's sake, and .... yuck.
this has been re formulated , and really not in a good way.
so sad

gawerika
gawerika

I remember very vividly when I first smelled this...back in the late 90's from a classmate a varsity, oh I was completely smitten and I swore that this will be the first fragrance I'll buy for myself with my first pay cheque. Luckly it was gifted to me not long thereafter, a 100ml. I enjoyed it quiet a lot as it was potent, longlasting, floral, weet but creamy, yummy on me...it drawed tons of compliments from women and men a like. I only bought it for myself back in 2003...but for my second purchase I realized that it was definitely reformulated as it turned sour and skankly like it was residue of late night on town and it was like only 2 hours after my application. I let it be thinking that it may be hormones, etc. and tried after a week or so...same result which is not a good thing as that not too pleasant scent lingered endlessly on me for hours until I had a chance to wash it off. It really is sad as this is now a complete potent mess!! I'm tempted occassionally especially during winter (when I miss it the most) with the hope of a positive outcome now I layered with my other "clean/fresh" but weak scents and it sort of balances it self.

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

very nice but must be sprayed carefully top notes are quite heady but the base notes are really nice and creamy

Annete
Annete

Reminds me of Cecita from Brazilian brand O Boticário.

dvzydeco@gmail.com
dvzydeco@gmail.com

I loved this fragrance when it first came out in 1992. I got compliments on it CONSTANTLY. Men and women both would stop to tell me how good I smelled. I wore it continuously for a few years until I bought a new bottle and it was awful. The formula had changed and it smelled strongly of cheap jasmine that brought to mind funeral flowers. I know the change is not me, I don't like it on anyone else either.I wish the manufacturer would re-formulate to the old recipe. It was a lovely spicy fruity delicious fragrance.

Chido
Chido

I always get compliments whenever i wear this. Its a beautiful perfume. Sometimes the soapy or is it powdery base gets to me, but I love it so much I am already half way through my second bottle and am thinking about repurchasing it.

Classy, old world, beautiful fragrance

Lovelolitalempicka
Lovelolitalempicka

Once a year I give this a try and I'm still not convinced I like it, but I cannot put my finger on why. Something a little too cheap, or too common about it, and maybe even too sweet in a cloying sort of way. I would like to like it and tried it today because I wondered, looking at my daffodils that only just opened if there wasn't a perfume based on daffodils. Of course, it's even called daffodils (narcisse) and so I went to the back of my cupboard and put it on. But there's something sickly creamy buttery in the background I cannot get over. It's not bad, it's just not m thing, I associate it with people who don't really like perfume. Worse, I am sniffing my wrist and comparing it to the actual daffodils in the room, and the daffodils win! I wouldn't want to smell like a flower, certainly not a daffodil, as I'm not into attracting insects, but if a scent is less good than the flower it is meant to evoke, what good does it do?
If someone UK based wants it, I'm ready to finally give up on it. 3/4 gone (must have used it as a room spray once or twice, god knows why), 30ml bottle, if I can make someone happy with it as a gift, all the better.

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

Chloe Narcisse is the liquid gold equivalent to a swooning harp flourish-decadent, lush, a bit over the top. If this frag was a person, she would be like your mom's really beautiful, middle-aged cousin who never leaves the house without full make up, has big hair and drives the full-size Cadillac Deville that's almost 20 years old. She's all that...and when she leaves everyone talks about how she's been married too many times, she always wears something sequined, she wears too much jewelry-but, she's dearly loved.

I was fortunate enough to know this sweet, floral melange back in the early 90s, my post-collegiate, pre-first marriage days. I wore it almost all the time back then. It's a room full of lillies, violets, gardenias and daffodils! They've taken over the joint! But you can't leave them, because the smell of them somehow follows you wherever you go.

I was fortunate enough to finagle a vintage bottle of this (EDP) and have worn it all day today. I put it on at 7:15am and it's now 7:30pm. I still smell it, but what it started out as (a blast of honey and powder and some kind of dark green fresh cut stem of a flower scent) has mellowed out to this warm and sweet floral with hints of honeysuckle and hyacinth.

You don't want your over the top cousin around every damn day, because she can really get on your nerves and it's the same with this gorgeously rich frag. I won't wear this every day, but I will wear it-especially when I want to be remembered. Don't overdo this spray. Two spritzes (preferably behind you on the neck and small of the back or the backs of the knees) will make the statement you want-I'm here, I'm a bit full of myself, but you're gonna end up liking me.

fihe
fihe

I got this as a gift from my grandmother a few years ago (may she rest in peace). unfortunately, Narcisse did not meet my expectations. it's way too strong and gives me a headache, even after hours of wear. I'll admit it does incorporate some interesting notes of various flowers, but sadly, it did not translate well on my skin at all.

xlxajxlx
xlxajxlx

Thee Only Perfume Im Allergic to!!...:{....But still a Lovely Scent......

EmmaEm421
EmmaEm421

I purchased this scent for my mum's birthday, I think I like it more than she does! (She hasn't commented either way which probably means she isn't a big fan) It is very intense daffodil mixed with a strong powdery note. I personally don't smell any of the fruit which is supposed to be there, just flowers and powder! It tones down after 1-2 hours to a really nice vanilla. A nice every day scent, even if my mum doesn't think so! Very strong (be careful not to spray more than twice) and lasts a long time on the skin.

yvankraft
yvankraft

Oh my! This is the scent of happiness! Sweet, flowery, spicy and very positive, good vibrations emanate from you when your wear Narcisse! For every occasion. Really a keeper. The drydown reminds me of Lou Lou, just a little bit... I love the box with the vibrant red flowers too.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This was the first perfume I ever fell in love with. It was my mom's signature scent. It was too adult for me but I used to like to sneak in and smell it when she wasn't home. Really nice scent and long lasting.

sumrdream
sumrdream

This was my signature scent for years and years! It was so unusual and does not smell like any other perfume out there. Definitely an original. I probably wore it for 10 years. But then someone else in my office started wearing it and I couldn't stand the smell. My nose has changed and there is no longer a place for this perfume on my dresser. But it was a great ride while it lasted! I got compliments all the time when I wore this. Sad to see it go but it just smells dated to me now....

lapurrla

I see from the ratings above I am not alone in disliking this. It is too strong, slightly sickening and close to being a scrubber for me. Sorry fans.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I was in two minds about this at first, but it grew and grew on me. Now my bottle is empty I miss it and will be replacing it soon. It's very floral, I didn't get any of the fruity notes listed, and it really does smell like daffodils. It's like concentrated flower petals- floral but intense. Good lasting power too. I probably wouldn't wear it in winter, but perfect for spring.

Edit- just bought a new bottle and the fruit is strong- pineapple and apricot and freesia, bedding down into a sort of fruity soap with high, rounded notes of yellow flowers. part of me can smell a plasticky note, but that is fading and being replaced by more flowers as it develops.

There is spice too, making this a good winter choice.

busik
busik

No narcissus and there is no trace! No not oriental scent, just flowers. Nice sunny warm spring days.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I'v been wearing my vintage sample for a few hours now and have re-applied once. The initial notes are very vintage, more 70's than 90's to my nose, but the daffodil/narcissus scent is first rate and the drydown is warm and strangely alluring. I just want to wear this scent and nothing else right now. I'm surprised at my reaction as I did not expect to like this at all but was looking for a good narcissus scent. Although the style is a bit dated I really love this. It sort of seeps into your skin and becomes part of you. The woody, resiny and still musky drydown is pretty unique and works very well together. Sharp and warm are emitted at the same time and the effect is very pleasant. Definitely worth some more dabs of my small vintage bottle.

SandraV
SandraV

I so wanted this to work on me but as usual I amp the carnation to the point it makes me a bit queasy:I have the same problem with anything containing carnation.I have a 1.7oz almost full bottle plus the matching lotion and shower gel for swap.PM me if interested:)

Beautiful flowernotes, Soft and intensive at the same time. Very longlasting on my skin. Less is more, spray carefully or this will be a roomkiller...Great party-scent and also great to use every day.

Underbara blomnoter, Mjuk och intensiv på samma gång. Håller länge på min hud. Lite är lagom, spreja försiktigt annars blir den en riktig rumsdödare och kvalmig. Härlig partydoft men även en fin varje-dag-doft om du sprejar bara lite på huden.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

Used to love this but recently repurchased some and nearly choked. Very strong and powerful. Rich and sweet, so much that I smell more fruit than anything wrapped in spice. Still a yummy scent though.

Lumiere
Lumiere

EDT: Such warm and gentle perfume to me. Honey, sweet, flowery, sometimes i think-bees!!! Somewhere around should be some bees, given this perfume is so sweet in natural warm non-gourmand way. Hot spring/summer day for sure. In 2 weeks half of my 30 ml bottle is gone-so much i liked it, in cold-er rainy weather. I do not see monster sillage-it is strong but in lovely way, it lingers around and I see it as much lighter and easier than original Chloe. Flowers are so well blended, it may be narcisses, or tulips, or may be aroma of blooming field, with some intoxicating flowers. I find this perfume very easy to wear and it is my go to gentle floral, along with Volupte by Oscar de la Renta.

Trinidella

Everyone knows this scent. It is unforgettable. It is pleasantly powerful. It is all woman. It lasts all day and all night long. I have a large and small bottle. I cannot do without this scent in my collection.

Second review:

Just as beautiful as I remember! Lush, creamy jasmine and rose ... honestly this perfume is just gorgeous! It has been years since I smelled it and Narcisse is just as beautiful as the day I first smelled her.

It is a little loud if over applied. It lasts forever too. Why it took me so long to buy another bottle I don't know, but Narcisse will be a part of my collection from now on.

perhapspersephone

Gorgeous....I remember this to be such a beautiful perfume. I haven't smelled it in 15 years . I just loved it. I remember it being a full bodied floral wih amazing sillage that you never needed to reapply. Itt was typical of the time, you know how trends are.

mochiface
mochiface

I have found that there's a particular way to use this one for me. Spray sparingly and only expect pleasurable smell 20 minutes later. It is a very opulent, sexy, exotic, heady smell in hot hot weather but be warned - use very sparingly to get that effect. It lasts a very long time on me.

monamonib
monamonib

ibought chloe nercuiss today no tester base in reviwes
when back home open it and spray once it surprice me with smell close to bug spray but after ten minutes it
tuned like iam wearing dior addict which ifound it very sexy many thanks to the creator of that perfume

redrose
redrose

nice fragrance,flowery,clean and feminine.I like it. I dont ware it now but I did in the past.I have one bottle at home though:)Brings nice memories.

stephania3000
stephania3000

This perfume brings a smile to my face. Not for the younger crowd but reminds me of my grandma since this used to be her signature scent. Very elegant and noticeable.

Trinidella

Another classic scent. Very loud. But pleasant. Daytime use only.

rosecat
rosecat

Very loud! Strong! Headache inducing on me from one spray! Had to scrub off and it still lingers. It's a white floral with a fruity sour base then something of a spice, animalic & lush, but harsh at the same time. Reminds me of the 90's, would suit some people who like intense florals.

Veda
Veda

A friend of mine wore this perfume at 90s.
I really like this smell but no for me.
Has something that brings me a headache and maybe its a flower or something.
I wish I could wear it...
It's really a unique scent!

olga1780

Every time I wear it, I wonder why in the world I don't use it more often. This is such a gorgeous opulent fragrance with a very prominent narcissus note. It is very complex and definitely has the richness of EDP even though it's EDT.I think Chole Narcisse is quite demanding in terms of attire, like some other classics, wearing it with jeans or something super casual or nondescript would definitely make this gem look, or should I say smell, out of place. As with most bold and unusual fragrances, it is obviously not for everyone and only the most confeident out there can pull it off. Fantastic sillage and longevity, not need to spray a lot or reapply after a 2-3 hours. A definite compliment getter and a permanent part of my collection.

hector
hector

Just got my bottle!
Smells like perfumed candies, which i like.I bought the EDT and it doesn't last that long on me, i hoped it would be stronger. It is a lovely fragrance I don't understand how one could not like it,i hope we'll have a nice spring together!

lyddi8
lyddi8

I was out one night, years ago and I kept on smelling this wonderfully unique scent. Soft but also packed a punch, if you know what I mean? I eventually found the girl wearing it and asked what it was- Chloe narcisse. I went out the next day and bought a bottle, I have never been complimented so much on my scent before, except for Gucci envy, which is also brilliant. Haven't worn this for years but thinking about revisiting it. Definitely a night fragrance, though. Very long lasting, use sparingly.

twilight1234
twilight1234

Ok, no offence but I don't like this one. Now, I usally like floral perfume,and it really fits into my girly/sporty taste for scents. But this is TOO floral, do you know what I mean???

The first time I looked at the bottle,I thought I would LOVE it,because the bottle was rather pretty. But then I actually SMELT it,I didn't really like it at all!! So my lesson is ALWAYS SMELL BEFORE YOU BUY!!!

lolitajade
lolitajade

I hate this perfume. Standing next to someone wearing this makes me feel sick.

I must add that I love all perfume smells and am very easily pleased from very light through to your Poison and Lush Lust. So that shows that I feel strongly about this, my only hated perfume :)

I thought the smell I hated with it was excessive tuberose but see that is isn't even a note in the perfume.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A dual-dimensional floral which saves its best until the end. Don't judge a book by its cover with this one; with a little patience it becomes quite lovely...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 2.5 Hours. - Incredibly potent bouquet of flowers, perhaps too much. 1.5 foot of projection. Becomes sour, rusty and harsh at times. Mature, ages 55-68. Not to my personal taste, a smell long gone.

2.5 - 4 hours. 3-4 inch projection The beginning of the change; although some could say this is linear, I feel the introduction of the creamy, softer version of the above makes this feel dual-dimensionsal. It becomes sensous, cuter, more younger, quite lovely, ages 45-58

4-6 hours. 1.5 inch projection with occasional more wider wafts. Potent powder smokiness and soapiness penetrate to dominate the above scent and offer somethingelse to intrigue the wearer..it's very much becoming a between the bed sheets scent..quite sexy to a man

6 - 8 hours. Close to the skin, like floral powder

A blind buy for my wife who wore this when she was growing up. Very affordable and worth the wait after the harsh introduction..

reborn
reborn

aaaaaaaaaaaaa I miss it a lot!i think i am gonna make my self a present for 8 of march.this is great little treasure

khonehsabz
khonehsabz

i have good Memento with this scent

It is indeed a wonderful masterpiece! LOOVE IT!!!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Gorgeous, gorgeous, one of the best! Floral, powdery, a touch of sweetness withplum and peach, syrupy but dry at the same time like a late harvest wine. perfect Narcissus the smell of spring with a crisp wintry edge. Hot and cold at the same time. I cannot help feeling glamorous and powerfully seductive when wearing this one. Men will fall, you will recieve compliments galore. When you are in the under 30s bracket wearing this like me you are going to stick out in the crowd like a sore thumb but in an amazing way.

Senzadite
Senzadite

Let me tell you a story: about 3 years ago i used to work at this place full of men (a wine store) one time this girl in her 20´s arrived at the store wearing this fragrance; she was a friend of ours...she said i stoled this(Narcisse) from my mom cause mine (dkny be delicious) is just gone, what do you guys think? she asked us...we where like 6 or 7 guys ranging from 25 to 35,and we where all praising that smell potent and femenine, atracting in a sensual way; warm and delightful and above everything DIFFERENT from what all the girls where wearing at the time even a couple of customers asked her: wow what is that that youre wearing?.So, does that tell you something?

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Smells similar to Amarige (Givenchy). A bit old-fashioned in my opinion. I really like the dry down though - very nice, creamy vanilla.

suppie
suppie

Narcisse is way too powdery and old lady scented for my taste. It smells like flowers being thrown into your face non stop. I don't like it :[

perfumery123
perfumery123

smells nice and doffodilly and a bit powdery and sweet like daffodil marshmellows but then it settles and smells like musty musk and its aweful i would like it if it wasnt for the mustyness, room spray it is then

ambra
ambra

Indossato per parecchio tempo. Un profumo che ho adorato veramente,molto persistente, mi viene da dire narcotico. Adoro, a piccole dosi,la fragranza del narciso e sono veramente pochissimi i fioriti che mi piacciono. Questo era particolare! Poi l'han tolto dal mercato...tanto per cambiare!

Rachel1971
Rachel1971

It is pure flowers and its great for that reason. Not a scent I wear often, I bought some for my mum years ago and loved the drydown on her,so when i saw it on sale in a dicount store recently bought it. I like it best about an hour after putting it on. You get the feeling that if it was repackaged and relaunched in modern bottle it would sell and sell ,I say give it a go.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I have a mini of this from back in the early 90s when it first came out, so it’s going on 20 years old. I think it’s lost some of its top notes, but it’s basically the same as I remember it, except that the sandalwood in the base seems more prominent from the beginning.

To my nose it’s a strong sandalwood-floral, with emphasis on orange blossom, narcissus (or daffodil), pungent marigold, and something that reminds me of sour-dishrag tuberose. There’s plenty of sillage, and it lasts and lasts, from one day into the next. I don’t know if it’s been reformulated, but my old bottle has a very 80s vibe to it. My reaction to it now is about the same as it was when I first got it - it’s strong, it’s OK, but it’s so floral that it's not something I’d want to wear often.

jennifer.langfeld
jennifer.langfeld

I have been wearing this since it was introduced in '92. Men about fall over when they catch the scent, and many women have complimented me on it. I am 42 and live in a warm climate (New Orleans area) so I wear this pretty much year-round. My 22 year-old-daughter also loves this. If you like Spellbound, Rapture, or Amirage Narcisse may be the scent for you. It's very sexy, sensual and lasts a really long time. I do not like regular Chloe. What Narcisse smells like to me is magnolia, daffodil, gardenia and a hit of powdery vanilla. it is mostly a day scent IMO, and I like to ratchet it up a bit and switch to Spellbound or Rapture for evenings. This IS NOT an "old lady" fragrance! It is very intense, but not really loud. I love it, it has a hypnotic effect on the opposite sex, and can be had at a reasonable price alone or in a gift set.

scentofaman
scentofaman

This fragrance is one of my favourite on a woman. I first smelled it 5 years ago when I was attending university in Australia. This girl's scent immediately caught my attention. For me, it was unlike anything I had smelled before. There was something about narcisse's sweet florals and musk which had me hypnotized and under some kind of spell. This was quite unusual as I had never cared much for women's fragrances before. It's an attention grabber, potent and quite strong in projection. I'd say it would suit women between 20-40. It's quite sweet and may not be for everyone. But in all honesty, it attracts me like a bee to honey. I have told all of my single female friends to get this fragrance and to my knowlege, not one of them has regretted it. It gets men's attention as it's sweet and sexy.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

This perhaps is a bit old for my age (24) but I don't care what so ever. Smells so comforting. It keeps me calm. It reminds me of good times, being a child. It's very very sweet and LOTS of flowers. Indeed, this should be called Flowerbomb, not the V&R one (I have that one too and they should have called it Sugarbomb).

The stongest note for me is: PEACH. Heavy sweet peach. It reminded me of Trésor, Lancome but way better. Some people hate peach. It's difficult to love, I know, especially combined with the apricot, the roses ... could become oldfashioned but I don't think it is. I only paid 20€ for 50ml at the drugstore, what a good price!!! It was limited, they normally don't have it at the store and they don't sell this anymore at the perfume store, so I am very happy!

The box is bright red, pink and and purple, a bit in the style of the Lou Lou, Cacharel box which I love so much. It's so beautiful. The bottle is a bit oldfashioned and nothing special.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

I love this one. Last time I wore it was back in the 90's when I was a student but I love strong florals so it was fine for me. These days it would probably be too strong to wear around other people though :p

sundaygirl34
sundaygirl34

Has to be the best value perfume ever! It's such a shame it come's across as being a Granny perfume now as I remember when it was first launched when I was a teenager going through the department stores spraying all the testers! ( when my perfume obsession first started!) and I loved it!! I still love it to be honest! It's so warm and happy! :) and the box and bottle are beautiful! I will always have a soft spot for this one :)

cutebunny
cutebunny

This one is perfect for one's grandmother, but I cannot really imagine anyone young wearing it. It truly is a typical and ultimate grandma fragrance (also my granny wears it). My mother did not agree to wear it either,because she thinks it smells way too old-fashioned. I love strong and bold fragrances, but this one is so sickeningly strong old-fashioned flower scent that I would get nauseous if I wore it.

this is very sweet, and while i love sweet perfumes, this one is not sweet and fresh. its more sweet and cloying. the kind of fragrance that gets caught in your throat and gives you that nauseous feeling. i tested it yesterday, but i had to shower it off. i ended up giving it to someone at work last night. she liked it, but i'm not sure how much she'll like it on her skin. everyone is different tho and maybe this strong long-lasting floral will be the one for her.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I was bought this as a gift from my aunt and to be honest it's not to my taste at all. I like floral, feminine fragrances but this is sheer headache inducing. One of my friends at work unfortunately wears this and everytime she walks by, all you get is a super strong flower smell that lingers for a ridiculously long time. I gave it to my mum and even she disliked it.

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

I had a sample of this a few years back and liked it. But...it was just a little too sexy for me. I worked with a woman who wore it, and it was great on her.

I agree that this one is strong. Apply it lightly.

missymary
missymary

Amazingly this inexpensive perfume actually has the gorgeous smell of narcissus, which many a more expensive perfume does not. Now that's rarer than hen's teeth. I'm impressed.

But be warned, it's narcissus on steroids, it's a big strong lusty gutsy floral, on the lines of Amarige and Loulou. None the worse for that in my book, I can't see the point of wearing a perfume that doesn't have a lovely noticeable scent. However this is not a perfume for discreet office wear. If you wear it you have to just go for it and to hell with the critics.

In spite of the fact that it's a bit vulgar and bling, I love it to bits. The narcissus note is unbelievably good and makes up for the loudness.

Adrien02
Adrien02

I wanted a narcissus fragrance and found this bottle on sale today. Well! this is an all up in your face flora without the fauna! My first impression was to put this very far away in a very dark corner and never let it see the light of day again but since I purchased it for $13 at Marshalls I thought I should at least wait until the drydown to see if it was redeemable. and..... it is. In spite of it's very intense start it finishes beautifully with nice sillage and longevity. I do seem to get a lot of daffodils which try to overpower the narcissus and gardenia but it becomes a melange in the end and becomes a beautiful English garden of wondrously fragrant blooms.Worth a try for all that pine for floral heavy hitters. I must say the drydown was worth waiting for and it will not be banished after all.

perfume-intense
perfume-intense

I would describe this as a typical grandma perfume - sickenly sweet and too floral. Wodn't hesitate to give it away for free.

cheeks
cheeks

'Death by femininity' in a bottle. It's like blowing up a vast field dense with flowers with a hand grenade made of sugar, vanilla and honey. Extremely sweet, and extremely floral, almost to the point of being obnoxious. I enjoy smelling it on others and preferably from a good distance, probably up close if the person wore just a teeny spray, because this one you definitely do not want to even dream about over-spraying unless you want to smell like a walking, talking floral-scented air-freshener. I'm wearing it today, I must say it does make me feel ultra feminine and girlishly giddy in a rather flamboyant way. The bad: I personally find it quite out-dated, and ofcourse, there is that annoying 'air-freshener'/chemical tone to it that gets too noticeable sometimes. But all in all when the mood strikes, it really is quite charming worn (very, very) sparingly. Now do I really need to mention that it is a sillage and longevity bomb? It kicks the asses of my other fragrances when it comes to that and sends them crying home with its strength and potency.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Narcisse is sweet, warm, juicy, and full-bodied. It's one ripe perfume, and I mean that in the best way possible. The apricot and pineapple aren't really lucid in the opening, but they infuse the florals with a velvety smoothness that holds up well as the perfume dries down. Eventually the gardenia/carnation/narcissus accord wells up brightly, producing a thick, heady floral aroma, tinged in green spices. Nothing smells overproduced here - just rich. The effect is something that both warms and brightens its wearer. Daffodil and rose, which asserts itself later, go well together. A good perfume for a mature woman (or college student). A trifle dated in style, but nevertheless sexual and affable enough for today. I'd stick around a lady who wore this.

lapurrla

Doesn't anyone else think of highly perfumed candies when they smell Chloe Narcisse? I've never encountered anything quite like this. Other reviewers have experienced this very differently from me. I can see how people would really notice this and like it but in spite of that I do find the distilled candy scent way out of my comfort zone. I avoided trying anything Chloe for many years as I do not enjoy the original. Chloe Narcisse is very different however, and quite unique.

rainbow4006

this is an old favourite for me, i really like it still, ive lost count of the number of people who have stopped me in public, perfect strangers to ask what perfume i am wearing, it lasts all day too, in my opinion one of the few on the market that really does!

cocobella

of course it is available in europe. you can buy it in netherlands, germany and so on. :)

jillrp
jillrp

This was a complete blind buy for me but I've never been more happy with a purchase. It smells yummy and floral but with deeper, sexy notes at the bottom. It is noticeable but never overpowering and lasts FOREVER. Seriously, I sprayed it on over 10 hours ago and I can still smell a little lingering on my clothes. Absolutely gorgeous perfume that I can wear all day and night.

cocobella

a nice fragrance. it was a gift from my dad. first i thought it might be too strong but it isnt. it is my home scent i wear when its cold and rainy outside and i am just hanging around. it makes me feel warm and comfortable.

Beeb26
Beeb26

Lovely fragrance! On me the opening is a stronger version of Eternity. Nothing special, just nice. I compared the two and they share quite some notes. The dry-down is heavenly, the scent evolves into a sweet vanilla-floral that is just delicious. Lasting power is not so good on me. After three hours I can only faintly smell it, but what i smell is yummy. Definately a keeper for a very reasonable price.

camaral
camaral

This fragrance compels people to approach its wearer in public. That is how I discovered it, in the 90's, and was subsequently approached by strangers myself after obtaining some. The most remarkable time was in the dollar store- a handsome young man followed me around asking about my scent. He had smelled it before, and desperately wanted to know the name. What made it more astounding was that he was there with his significant other, and she was visibly upset by his complete loss of composure! I knew then that this fragrance was a man-eater. Works every time. My daughter was with me at the time, and the incident has left her intrigued and in love with Narcisse. It's the best by Chloe, hands down.

LLL3
LLL3

Oh, I have been drenching myself in this summer waterfall of honeyed fruit and fresh, blossoming flowers. It is definitely a very feminine and flirty fragrance meant for romantic and memorable moments. It is amazing during hot weather and I only wish it lasted the whole day on me. This is becoming a sure favorite as we head into the summer. I am contemplating a backup.

Siv55
Siv55

This smells like Amariges little sister, although given how massive Amarige is, that still means this is big! Heavy room filler if you're not careful but still bit subtler. Very surprised to see no tuberose in the notes. I could've sworn.. never mind. Relieved to see violets documented. Ageless and quite sexy. Not too powdery. Beautiful and loud.
Now sadly no longer made. And yet so much better than the things Chloe currently offers >:(

guest_LeeLee
guest_LeeLee

Like Nicole Miller, this one is very strong and heavy. Reminds me of aldehydes but that is not listed here. If misted lightly and sparingly, it feels quite sexy. On my skin, this ranks up there with pure jasmine for raw heat factor. I would never wear this to the office, but a little on a date appears to be enticing and I always feel confident when I wear it.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I'm surprised that there's no tuberose in this, because that's what I smelled; well, tuberose and a whole lotta other stuff. This smells like a pot pourri and is so entrenched in the 80's style that it's very dated to me. The drydown was pleasant after the positively scary start but I won't be adding it to my want list!

littleswift
littleswift

I am massively allergic to this. It brings on an instant and severe asthma attack. But that's just me*. It's no great loss as I find Narcisse really overpowering. The fact that I briefly had a terrible job where a member of staff came in wearing an entire bottle every morning doesn't help.

* I have the same problem with Mitsouko, which is a personal tragedy.

olga1780

I was compelled to return to the store and pick up a bottle of this after having tried it yesterday. Yes it's bold and on the loud side....but nevertherless beautiful, as long as you don't drench yourself in it. I would describe Narcisse as playful and flirty rather than sexy and elegant. Definitely for a woman exuding confidence. Even though it is quite strong, i dont really see this fragrance as a winter one. I think it is more suitable for spring matched with a bright colored outfit. Just has to be used with a lot of caution in warmer weather. At least i am positive i can pull it off. It lasts forever with an outrageous sillage.

Lazaro
Lazaro

una fragrancia increiblemente desagradable....para mi huele como ha medias y zapatos sucios de campo...y poco ha poco cuando va relajando el tono del aroma se convierte ne mas asqueoso aun...!Frustante y Horrible!...unode los peores que e olido ne mi vida.....

fifaatm
fifaatm

my mother in law gave me this (it's her perfume as well), it made my nose itch, and my husband didnt like me smelling the same as his mother..
no choice then, i had to gave it to my mom.

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

I wore this when i was in high school and i loved it it was one of my favorites...i graduated in 1990 and its sad to say but i can not remember what it smells like at all i think i need to buy it again just to see whay i liked it so much

Mitsy
Mitsy

I love this fragrance better than the original Chloe, but I saw that it might have been discontinued. I hope that isn't the case.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i was used to wear this in the later 80's or early 90's ? every girl was talking about this and it was just a must! and it was funny, we didn t mind about to smelling all the same hahaha.
well, yes, i loved it very mutch indeed. would love to smell it again once :)

Persephone gifted me a bottle of pure perfume of this Masterpiece. It is truly glorious and non compromising. Only wear this if you know you can get away with it, because it is REALLY magnetic.

Zaleska
Zaleska

This one is dynamite!
Truly strong. Classy indeed.
If you like LouLou and Samsara, try it.

boussoulitsa
boussoulitsa

I just ordered it online and I'm anxious!I've only smelt it on another girl,never on myself!I think it's great though!

LaPetite
LaPetite

This one is quite a surprise , with the bottle shape , the name you expect a scent for the young blushing innocent teenager, but watch out ! This flower might be poisonous too !
Narcisse is rather for the bitter sweet woman , sexy and cheeky.
Crazy how spices can get the romantic white bloosom to a provocative scent.

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

This fragrance is my absolute favorite...I received my first bottle (very small bottle) of this fragrance in 1994 to wear during my Junior Prom. Almost 20 years later, and I still love it! When I went to college I could no longer find Narcisse, I was crushed but I still remembered the rich, sweet vanilla/honey-floral scent. Recently, I googled for the newest Chloe scent that I received a sample of from a department store to my surprise what pops up is an Amazon link for Narcisse. I quickly ordered and received the 6.7oz body lotion (which can be worn by itself and very moisturizing) and a 3.4 oz of eau de toilette for $36.00 plus s/h ($5.99). Great price for 2 large bottles and fast shipping (3 days to get my order)! Now, I am ordering it 2 at a time because I don't want to ever run out!

kuroiyakuza
kuroiyakuza

WORST PERFUME I EVER SMELLED.
True fact, it has a LONG lasting power, with very little, you can stink a room with this.
It also gives headaches to young girls. So yeah, watch out.

geegee

I used to love this back in the late 90's & i recalled it being musky & sexy.

A few months back i bought some more during a nostalgic moment. I really couldnt get along with it at all. It was sickly sweet & smelt quite awful.

Oh how my body chemistry must have changed. Talk about feeling disappointed. I do wish i hadnt tried it again now but remembered it as it was on me 10 years or so ago because it was lovely on me back then.

PerfumedPrincess
PerfumedPrincess

I remember receiving a 1.0 oz bottle of this my sophomore year in college. I remember all the compliments and attention from the men in my life...(and those that wanted to be). They always told me how sexy I smelled. My husband still tells me that to this day whenever I wear it, he says it reminds him of all the competition he had to beat out to win me.

A classic strong floral with some oomph, sexiness, and sophistication. Long lasting and a little goes a long way. I absolutely love this fragrance.

La Moon
La Moon

This scent is marvelous! my mom wore it when I was like 6. She gave me her mini when I was 7. This was my first official perfume besides baby cologne. Did this scent wow my butt off! I felt so lady like wearing this at such a young age . To this day (at 23)I feel the same. Wonderful floral scent it's strong but it settles so soft and beautiful.wow this scent is ageless to me! I wear this now and I still feel modern! I feel soft and dainty when I wear this! Males still love it! I know I make a statement when I walk in....and I love it

dyodyi
dyodyi

i have this perfume when i was in college..it was just in small bottle...a friend from the States gave it to me... i really love the smell of it...now i'm in my early 30's...i'm still longing to find one but i couldn't...none of the malls here are offering it for purchase...even in duty free there's none..frustrated always...i hope b4 i get to my late 30's...i could buy one for myself...i really miss the smell so much

adele l
adele l

got this as a teenager- so unique with the spicy carnation and narcissus and so very strong. i gave it to a friend...wonder if i'd have the cojones to wear it now!

Roma27
Roma27

I use to wear this in the late eighties. An extremely powerful floral perfume. Brings back fond memories of a girl too immature to wear perfume correctly ha ha ha. Can bring on a serious case of perfume induced headaches & severe nausea if not applied with caution! Can be truly Beautiful when applied very miserly. Be warned don't go overboard with this one, trust me.

nyoka
nyoka

SIllage and longivity bomb! THis fume lasted on me 8 or more hrs! To me the daffodils r the lead dancer.LIke when the snow melts and the flowers in early spring r waking up the earth.Fresh,lovely and joyful.THis is a somewhat fruity fume also.Makes ur mouth water!I can almost see the carnation ,PInned on my shoulder for prom.RED ones! The dry down blends perfectly with the other accords,ummmWOOdy vanilla,Its a very feminine fume that attracts people like a big ol bumbly bee to a flowers nectar.Any age could wear but,for the younger ladies,spray in the air,and walk under1,cause it is strong!

vuelo
vuelo

a FLOWER BOMB. It's ok, a strong flower perfume... I get lots o tagetes.

It smells classic, it's ok for going out I guess, but it's not sexy, at least I don;t perceive it that way.

Careful with how much you spray, spray light, this is very strong, might be offending if you overdo it.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

A very bright strong floral. I get alot of Narcissus of course & I get mimosa mixed with a little musky aroma. Gives me a headache, but the drydown can smell nice on a person with the right skin chemistry for it.

guest_Lyman'sbride
guest_Lyman'sbride

I've worn CN since it first came out, and it's the only perfume I've owned since. Without the slightest exageration, I can tell you each day I wear it and am in public, someone will always compliment me, on how very good I smell! So the old adage of why fix it if it's not broken applies here..why change perfumes if for 10+ years I am given such wonderful feedback???? Love it, will continue to love it, and I am a proud 42 year old woman that doesn't feel it's too young for me.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Goodness I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this scent as a teenager. It was my signature back then.

It makes me feel sick now, it is heady, sickly, cloying stuff. I think it is only for the brave adult or foolhardy teenager nowadays.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This is a classic floral. I don't get the oriental label whatsoever! It is potent, potent stuff, and so heady that I would NEVER wear this in an enclosed area (ie. church, a wedding, the office, etc...) as it has been known to induce many a headache. I'm guessing there is a high concentration of oil in this fragrance for it to possess the strength and lasting power it does. It leaves a silage like nobody's business. If you want to be noticed (good or bad), wear this.

panda0410
panda0410

Oriental floral? Alrighty then.... :| Strong straight out floral to me. Reminiscent of both Givenchy Amarige and Guerlain Champs Elysees. I can distinctly recognise the similarities between this perfume and both of those, though I prefer both of those, they aren't as assaulting to my senses as this highly potent and probable migraine inducing potion.

Its girly, truly feminine, it reminds me of something a younger girl would wear, though I don't necessarily subscribe to age and gender theories in perfumery.

Its not a perfume I would choose to own, far too sweet/innocent/floral for me. Might be nice on a balmy spring day, but otherwise I'll pass.

It took me quite some time to understand perfume, but now that I do I truly love it. It is not very everyone, it is a typical 'hard core', for those that have been round the block for a couple times!

guest_myother.life
guest_myother.life

way back in the nineties my father brought home a set of tiny perfume bottles from the middle east, as i was then a college student, it was given to me... and out of all those perfume bottles this is the only one i could remember... it truly made me feel like a lady then at 17. now at 33, it still makes me feel all femininely proper...

efm
efm

I have owned a 100ml EDP for years. It is not a fragrance you can wear 24/7.

It works for me but I would never have purchased it had I seen Pineapple as an element. A lesson in not pre-judging.

Chloe Narcisse is long lasting which can be useful as long as you don't frighten the wildlife with it.

The opening is rather like fruit cordial, very sweet and cloying but it develops quickly into attractive floral mid notes and musky vanilla drydown.

I enjoy C N but probably won't re-purchase. There are more interesting scents to investigate. I prefer a stronger woody element.

Would confidently give as gift to outgoing young women in her 20s.

guest_scentnovicegirl
guest_scentnovicegirl

its really strong in the beginning & it smells really candied like liqorice.the dry down is definitely vanilla & musk.It doesn't last long on me.I wouldn't register it as a signature scent but its not terrible either.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

My sister used to wear this fragrance when i was little, when i smell this it's almost like a timewarp. Sends me back to a time in my life when everything was easy and simple. COME BACK THOSE DAYS!!

Perfumedsecrets

Incredibly long lasting. They do not make them like this anymore. A heady and dominant floral. Absolutely feminine in a womanly way. Along the lines of Givenchy Amarige, you will be noticed. The intensity of the two is the same. Only a small spray is all you need for the entire day. On a warm night it's sexy as hell to smell this on a breeze. This is one of the perfumes I remember from my childhood. Not because my mom wore it, but because it was in a magazine or was advertised.
This could easily be a signature "mom" scent though because it's such a heady and deep floral. Some men do love a stronger floral though, but for the most part they prefer gourmand/fruity floral/oriental choices. I almost always find it at discount stores in the U.S. for a very good price of $20 and under.

guest_MzUnderstood
guest_MzUnderstood

Just found a small .12oz bottle of mine from a collection after 7 years. I wondered why i finished up the rest and left the Narcisse intact. Then, I opened the bottle & yup there was the intense smell. But since it was a while, I decided to give it a try. Result: Sweet & Seductive if you put a little drop as opposed to spraying. Couldn't stop smelling myself, now I see why it's called Narcisse. Suggestion: do not buy the big bottle, get the .12oz bottles w/ the little dropper-less intoxicating.

geegee

I used to use this back in the 90's & had more than one 'proposition' from both genders. It clearly suited my skin.

Its quite heavy when first sprayed but has fantastic staying power, which i love. I cannot stand a perfume that has to be reapplied a few times a day or night.

It settles in to a warm sensual fragrance & leaves a slight 'waft' as you walk. For those in the UK, think 'bisto effect' when you walk by.

I love it & no doubt will buy it again at some point, however i feel at 42 i may be a bit old for this now & i certainly dont want any more propositions from people...unless its from my man thank is.

The Fragrant Zebra
The Fragrant Zebra

This belongs back in the 80's. Its strong, and dare I say, obnoxious. A girl I work with sadly wears this constantly, and I can't stand it. I certainly wouldn't recommend a blind purchase of this one, try before you buy !

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

Chloe Narcisse is another timeless scent.
It must be used sparingly..... it has a(n) heavily floral scent. Good for a tropical climate, its long lasting....
A classic.....beautiful.....

IamWoman
IamWoman

I understand that each fragrance is as individual as the woman that wears it. This is NOT for me! I sprayed Narcisse earlier this morning, trying to be open minded about fragrances that are different from my usual fragrances. WOW...it hit like a slap in the face!! Although it is feminine, "bright", and very intense, even as it dried down, it remained "thick" and overly sweet. It lacks the "polish" and sophistication I look for in a fragrance, and I had to remove it due to the headache it was causing 3 hours after applying it.

petronella
petronella

Terribly strong fragrance. Remember receiving bottle as a promotion gift at some upscale party in Manhattan when it was just launched. Tried passing it on to my mom- she disliked it too and used it as a bathroom freshener.

chuaalba
chuaalba

strong, floral and sweet.only for winter

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

I think the smell of this stuff is potent, in fact it is potent enough to kill roaches. Horrible smelling stuff, I think a much older woman say hmmm 65+ would like this stuff and even then her heart may give out. LOL

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

I've stocked up on this just in case it's ever discontinued. So unique and completely unlike any other scent.
Anyone can wear this, from the very young to the more mature lady. It's scrumptious and everyone remarks on how lovely it smells when i wear it.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Nice bottle...what the hell was I thinking when I bought this??! Years later it's still stashed in my cupboard....blecch.....

guest_scubagrl
guest_scubagrl

Not one of my personal faves but guys LOVE this perfume. Gets noticed every time. Just don't overdo it!

F_A
F_A

Narcisse is a creamy, truly dreamy, rich floral fragrance with a drop of fruity sweetness in it. On my skin in the top notes pineapple and peach notes are dominating, but they are not plain, as if those fruits were rather a pineapple-peach milkshake. Later flowery and spicy notes join the composition which becomes creamy-fruity-flowery-spicy in the base. Yes, it is a sweet fragrance and oh so very feminine! Love it!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This stuff is very storng! I won't ware it as one of my signature scents but it smells OK for the most part. At first I hated it but but got acclimated to it slowly by walking by and smelling the bottle once in awhile. Very strong scent though.

scent44
scent44

Didn't work for me. A little too loud. Love the bottle, though!

guest_chloefan
guest_chloefan

OMG! I LOVE this perfume! I've been wearing it for over 10 years and it always makes me feel so girly...if you have problems sweating, just dab a little in your armpits and the humidity mixes with it and it just lingers on you and your clothes...smells great and people always ask me what am I wearing especially after I sweat! lol!

guest_NaeNae
guest_NaeNae

This is a wonderful fragrance. I get lots of compliments every where I go. I love how it stays all day. It's a fresh, clean smell that I just totally love. It isn't the most expensive fragrance but it is one of the best I have ever had. My husband loves it too. I rate it a perfect 10!

Mariela Maldonado
Mariela Maldonado

Una vez me lo regalaron y desde ese momento quede fascinada con el aroma... ese aroma te hace notar que estas ahì y que todas las personas lo perciben por donde vayas...

dina
dina

Tried it once when it first came out in the 90's. Its a rich floral fragrance, you can't detect all the woods specified in the notes description, though. To me, it's floral from a to z.

moonruby
moonruby

A fragrance dominated by daffodils.
Guess I cant complain.

Being dominated by daffodils is perhaps what makes it memorable, but also rather tiring if worn too frequently.

Kristel
Kristel

Very pretty, warm, floral and fruity. Perfect fragrance.

Shalimar
Shalimar

I love the fragrance of daffodils. They are beautiful, delicate, lightly scented wonders of springtime. Chloe Narcisse is a dense, heavy-handed perfume that lays on you like an old rug that has been molding all winter in a flower bed.

I couldn't wait to try this perfume but when I tried it, I couldn't scrub it off fast enough. It is nothing like I expected.

angelic disgrace
angelic disgrace

This was a gift.It smells lovely but I find it's far too strongly scented my liking.A little goes a very long way.

I quite often underestimate fragrances before I try them based purely upon how much they're selling for. In recent years, this fragrance has been selling for next to nothing in a majority of stores, so I've always assumed that Chloe Narcisse was a so-so fragrance. I was certainly wrong in that opinion.

Chloe Narcisse starts out as quite a strong yet unique floral. Although the opening notes nearly sent me flying backwards I couldn't help liking the scent. It's like a rich and intense burst of warm honey, marigolds, pineapple and orange blossom. A strange mixture, yet a likable one.

The heart of this fragrance however, is my favourite part. The scent softens and becomes a beautiful blend of flowers, like walking through a garden in the Spring when all the flowers are in bloom. You can smell roses, jasmine, gardenia and carnations all mixed together like an exquisite bouquet.

The drydown is also wonderful with its vanilla and woodsy notes blended perfectly, creating an enjoyable end to this incredibly long-lasting fragrance.

I know that this fragrance may not be for everyone because it is indeed very intense, flowery and sweet, however for the inexpensive price it is certainly worth trying. I'm not surprised that men find Chloe Narcisse to be very sexy and alluring, I myself agree entirely. This fragrance, when worn in moderation, has the ability to make the biggest of tomboys feel feminine, sensual and pretty. Definitely a must try.

aquairis
aquairis

it smells good, very classic. good for people who like old fashion. feel like a proper lady in the film...lol.. best way to wear this perfume is to spray it to the air and then walk through it. (it is especially good if you like to wear sweaters)

renneyg007
renneyg007

Cloying, overly sweet and way too floral. Intense is an understatement. Best advice is to apply the smallest amount.......or in my case don't apply it at all.

guest_disalee
guest_disalee

I love it! But had to get used to it as it's very sharp at first. I don't wear it out, just put on a bit on my wrist and sniff it at home :-) My husband says it smells to strong and too much like alcohol. It is strong but has a very sweet, intoxicating smell that i love. Addictive! And the dry-down is amazing. The scent doesn't really change on me, just gets softer with time as the flowers fade off and lets soft vanilla shine through.

krishka
krishka

I didn't like the bitterness that was left on me after the dry down, it caused me headache so i gave it away

Perfumedsecrets

A very intense floral. Only a small spray will suit anyone. Otherwise it turns harsh and pungent. It was one of my first perfumes, so it has a special place in my heart.

allexa27
allexa27

I was nicely surprised by that one.I was expecting heavy floral which will give me a headacke and make me sick,but insted it is very mild,feminine and very nice perfume!I liked it a lot.It reminds me of Amarige,or at least that type of fragrances.
I wanted to try it because somewhere was written that this perfume is for my astrological sign-gemini.And I think it really suits me!!!

solocha
solocha

There are I belive only a few other perfumes that are similar to this one in its balance and harmony of tones - one of them (equally suited for similar - refined occasions)is Avon's Rare Gold.
Chloe Narcisse opens with intensity of flowers, and I could sniff some minty/liquorish undertone in the beginning. Later, and most of the time there is narcissus and carnation mixed with a bit of peach/apricot, giving it warmth. In yet later stages there was this summer bouquet topped with spices - this made it even more endearing and addictive.
The strength is not to be mistaken for oppressiveness, this perfume exudes pleasure and so cannot be offensive to anyone. You need to take care not to over apply.
Where would I wear this one? - Anytime and anywhere, on your skin, or on a smart dress or work suit. It seems to me it can develop better in the summer months, in humid environment. A timeless piece.

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

Thanks to this website, my memory of this lovely perfume is back. This is one of the earliest perfumes that my sister wore, I remember this is something strong but sweet. The floral note stands forever and it makes woman adorable. I am not so into strong floral note but this one attracts me a lot. I have been searching for so long to find this again. Fortunately, I got the one and only bottle form a local pharmacy store! I am so happy, it really recalls me the happy days that me and my sister had!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

"Narcisse" starts out sweet and a little fruity, but quickly becomes a spicy floral, with the jasmine and carnation floating to the top. In its entirety, it really does smell like a spring bulb flower, though my daffodils never smelled this intoxicating :-) To me, this smells like seduction. What a great frag!

The_Entity
The_Entity

I think it's ok, but I have to be in the mood to wear it as it can be overbearingly sweet

gutobega
gutobega

Mmmm
This is an amazing fragrance for women.
Sweet floral, strong, sexy.
Exotic and hot!

sharyssa
sharyssa

Yes exotic is a good way to describe this perfume. My all time favorite. I hadn't worn this in years and I bought a bottle yesterday and fell in love again! Oh this scent is really lovely!

moonflower143
moonflower143

I have this perfume and i like it.Not too strong but it lingers.Good for daytime wear.

underwaterlily
underwaterlily

I've worn this perfume since I was fourteen (I'm twenty-eight now), and it is my absolute favorite.

In a word? Exotic.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

I wore this in middle school. I was told that it smells different on everyone and that was so cool! Now I know they all do, lol. But this is a yummy scent, very warm and fruity with the tiny touch of rose and gardenia (not like the gardenia in most scents) very light. Edible boquet!

tangledvines
tangledvines

This smells a lot like a less intense version of Giorgio Red, minus the fake cherry smell and mossy undertones. It's very strong at first, but didn't last long on my skin, which I am kind of thankful for. There's too much of a Gardenia note for my liking. But I am sure it could smell very nice on somebody else.

golden
golden

My sister wears and loves this one.
I on the other hand hate it.
But she wears it well cause it suits her. (bless)

benzippo
benzippo

As compared with the first Chole perfume, this is intense, rich and very loud to the extend it is impossible not to get noticed when wearing it.
I really loved it though!!!

elgab89
elgab89

Very well chosen name - it does smell like a fresh bouquet of narcisses. I always got compliments when I used to wear it.

2007

Parfums Chloe Narcisse Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.3 fl oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Parfums Chloe Narcisse Gift Set for Women, 2 Piece, 1 set
Parfums Chloe Narcisse Gift Set for Women, 2 Piece, 1 set

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chloe Chloe Narcisse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chloe Chloe Narcisse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chloe Narcisse by Chloe. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chloe Narcisse by Chloe represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.