Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

L'Eau de Chloe Chloe for women
dislike

I have it: 653 I had it: 147 I want it: 479 My signature: 17

L'Eau de Chloe Chloe for women Videos L'Eau de Chloe Chloe for women Videos
L'Eau de Chloe Chloe for women Pictures L'Eau de Chloe Chloe for women Pictures L'Eau de Chloe Chloe for women Pictures L'Eau de Chloe Chloe for women Pictures

Chloe launches L'Eau de Chloe launches in February 2012. L'Eau de Chloe is a new light, refreshing and brilliant version of the original Chloe Eau de Parfum from 2008. The fragrance is announced as springy and summery, very crisp and citrusy chypre-floral.

The composition, created by Michel Almairac, features sparkling citrus accords reminiscent of refreshing lemonade, accords of rose petals and natural distilled rose water that give a dewy character to the fragrance, and warm and elegant veil provided by patchouli.

The fragrance comes in a distinctive bottle shape for the entire Chloe fragrance line, with light green liquid and silver stopper decorated with a bright green bow. The face of the fragrance is a model Camille Rowe-Pourcheresse, the campaign was photographed by Camilla Akrans and its video is shot by Mario Sorrenti. L'Eau de Chloe is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Citruses Grapefruit Citron Peach

Rose Rose Water Violet

Patchouli Cedar Amber

Giardini Toscani - Sentiero Dei Fiori

L'Eau de Chloe Fragrance Reviews

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Just got it and it smells amazing. I don't know why I hesitated to try this scent before as I have all of the Chloe scents. I though maybe it would not be different enough from Chloe itself boy was I wrong. So woody almost like an Oud smell to it. It's so strange and yet it's fascinating. Chloe has not let me down. That why I love this house so much. If you want a dupe for less try Haiku Kyoto Flower Avon for women. It's the same scent with really good silage as well.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I understand the comparisons to shampoo, detergent, or even air freshener. It smells very clean and fresh and it's even soapier than the original. It almost smells like a freshly cleaned bathroom outfitted with rose scented toiletries - A not unpleasant smell, but not so much what one wants one's person to smell like.

The progressively powerful rose note is its saving grace. As it dries down it smells less like Lysol and more like rosewater sprayed on clean skin.

After a couple of tries, I still can't decide whether I like or dislike it. "Ambivalent" probably best describes my attitude toward it.

LisaMari
LisaMari

This is horrid. It smells like Duck toilet cleaner... in a public toilet

isabella76
isabella76

Whenever I wear this around my mother she asks me what detergent or fabric softener I use. I love it. To me it smells like a clean, crisp, freshly pressed white blouse.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I might need to give it another test run, but I tried this one today and the opening smelled oddly mentholated and reminded me of cough drops and the dry down was barely perceptible.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

I adore citrusy scents but it's very rare for me to like something so straight up lemon and grapefruit in the opening as L'Eau de Chloe is. Moreover, I actually like that the citrus lingers even in the dry down here. I think this perfume is very well balanced notes-wise and blended wonderfully. On my skin it would actually smell the same as the original Chloe - the only difference is the added citruses. Probably it isn't considered too original, but I like the idea. Very easy to wear, stays fresh all the way until it finally disappears so it's perfect for the hottest, suffocating heat in the summer. Longevity is great considered how light and fresh this perfume is, and sillage is good as well.

Aeris
Aeris

I wanted to LOVE the original Chloe because I love feminine, romantic scents....but that one came across as a very aldehydic artificial French milled soap to me. This version, however, is much better for my chemistry. I love the lovely opening full of green notes and citrus. Then the florals and soft woods kick in. I can imagine walking through a Victorian garden, wearing a long white flowly dress during the spring when wearing this. Very soft, delicate, feminine, innocent, and clean.

ellementira
ellementira

L'Eau de Chloe has really taken me by surprise. I originally got it because it came with a trio which included Chloe and Roses de Chloe, which I already knew I loved, and the three together (0.65 oz) was virtually the same price as the 1oz Roses de Chloe. So I viewed L'Eau as a bonus blind buy frag, still a good deal for the trio even if I didn't like it. Upon first sniff it came across as a little more boring than the other two Chloe fragrances, perhaps fresher. Something I didn't dislike but yet wasn't excited for either. However, my view of it has been changing rapidly and this unassuming scent keeps on winning me over every time I wear it. It has that rose heart that all of the Chloe fragrances have, but it's presented in a cleaner, less stuffy manner that is uplifting and cheerful. I'm finding that I really enjoy smelling this fragrance throughout the day. None of the notes are obvious, but rather blended together to give this overall impression of a green, effervescent fragrance that reminds you of flowers, of fields, of something clean and bright and pleasant. Worth checking out even if you hate Chloe, in my opinion, as L'Eau wears a very different viewpoint on the Chloe rose.

tonix8
tonix8

a grassy, lemony scent that's reminiscent of Jo Malone's much fainter and softer English pear and Freesia. This smells nothing like Chloe's original EDP imo.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I sampled this at a duty free shop. I am not sure what happened on my skin but it immediately smelled like someone doused me in pickle juice. Tart, powdered alum, dill and vinegar, straight up in your face pickle juice. My daughter came up behind me and was looking at some of the other Chloe scents & suddenly blurted out, "Ooooh! What in the world smells like dill pickles?!"
This seems like it would be a scent I would enjoy by the list of notes. Has anyone else experienced this odd bait & switch?!
Cheers!

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I got this when it first came out and I really do like it but citrus perfumes are funny in a way because I find that the scent changes and might even go a little stale after a while. Recently I smelled it just for fun at a Sephora and it smelled so awful. I think it's because they have bright lights on the display shelves and that contributes to the change in the scent. I try to keep all my perfumes in a cool dark place, especially the summer citrus ones.

ThisIsEmilyKate
ThisIsEmilyKate

SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!
Awful, awful interpretation of Chloe Signature. Starts off sharp, tangy (not in a good way) and then gives you some B.O.-like citrus. So, so nasty. I LOOOOOVE the original Chloe Signature and this was a huge disappointment.

aristouka
aristouka

YES YES YES!
Every chloe perfume starts a bit old lady like smell but after half an hour "you are transfered" in a garden,sprintime, full of flowers the very first moments that sun starts caressing them full of humidity and liveness so divine, so ....
I am not a fun of floral perfumes but my nose tells me different when i smell those great perfumes!
The best floral perfumes in the market!....
This green perfume is a surpise!

I find it quite good. It's very clean and fresh version of Chloe eau de Parfum. There's a lot of rose in it. Also some citruses and fruits.
It's very bright and pretty, maybe just a little bit soapy, but I still like it.
Youthful freshness.

Lillitth
Lillitth

My immediate reaction is that it reminds me of that cheap tuberose spray you buy at the grocery store. It gives me a headache. Dries down to smell like soap. I'll give it to a friend who loves rose perfumes.

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

Al inicio detecte mucho el pachuli, luego se transforma en algo super femenino, es la versión ligera de Chloe EDP (rosas frescas, limpias), con un toquecito cítrico, al secar, en mi, queda el puro pachuli (otra vez).

Su duración es muy buena, pese a ser EDT, al menos unas 8 horas, y si no fuera porque en mí se queda demasiado el pachuli me encantaría.

Me sigue gustando mucho más la original.

I keep trying it, but I find it a bit flat, like most Chloe perfumes, and formal..not exciting to me. I would feel like wearing a restrictive perfume, if that makes sense!? It lacks warmth, but I can see why some will like it, it is in fact easy to wear, it is light, suitable for any occasion.. Like wearing almost nothing..too crisp and clean for my nose!!

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

I usually don't like these kind of perfumes, but this one is lovely. I'm usually more drawn to warm, spicy vanilla perfumes like Chanel Coco. This is very simple and suitable for spring, very fresh. I can mainly smell rose and some citrus, but not too much citrus. A much fresher version of the original. Makes me think of rain (and the perfume Rain by Marc Jacobs, as well).

vgrossmann
vgrossmann

It's a beautiful scent. It reminds me of Agent provocateur. On me it't 95 % similar. Crispy rose. Realy lovely. And I love their 20 ml limited edition. It't a cute format. This perfume is in the same veine of Eau Mademoiselle Coco and eau Miss Dior.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Fruity-floral with a twist. It smells almost like a mandarin soda in the top notes. I get a lot of citrus with a very light fresh rose tone underneath. Very young and pretty for spring! There's only the tiniest hint of patchouli present; just enough to keep it from being boring. This is the first Chloe I've tested, and while it isn't an instant love for me it does make me interested in their other fragrances.

Selo12394
Selo12394

Oh, Chloé. How I wanted you. How I tested you, long ago, and how you've changed since then, somehow, upon purchase. A lot of people complain about certain aspects of this fragrance: the citrus opening, the powdery-clean middle. But not me. Those were the notes I wanted. The fragrance opens so beautifully, with a pure, crisp lemonade feel, perfect for spring and summer. It is softened by its rosewater heart. If this were all it was, I would still love it, and not have regretted lusting after it for over a year. But almost as soon as I spray, and all along until it fades many hours later, something is amiss here, and only gets worse. It may be the "soap" note people have reported. But more than likely, I feel, it's that patchouli. Perhaps it's my skin, but the people who claim there's no patchouli here are wrong. A few minutes into the fragrance, it takes over, a hot, sharp, dry patchouli that gives me a massive headache without fail every time. This patchouli ruins it as a summer scent and ruins those promising top notes. I just can't accept this fragrance as it is. Beautiful packaging, crisp opening, all destroyed by hours of that lingering, scratchy herb. If only it had been created with a simple, light woody base, I can imagine what could have been. But L'Eau de Chloé, for all its outer beauty, in the end let me down.

Misspermata
Misspermata

I don't like it. I don't like the smell of the green. I don't like the smell of the powder wafting in the air. I don't like the hints of citrus.

It's green, fresh-y, citrus-y, some powder-y, and it certainly gives off sweet floral notes in it too.

Every note I can't stand in one bottle.
It's not the fragrance for me.

ecerusen
ecerusen

i didnt knew its notes but at first spray i was like "patchouli? again?" the patchouli all you can smell at first. but then it turns to green citrusy smell. its young, fresh, happy smell. perfectly fits on summer or spring days. unfortunately my skin doesnt show the rose notes yet(it only show rose water).

skylar666
skylar666

Errrr.. This smells as if dove soap had it's own house in france. I kinda wish the notes were spread out for an Oh-factor.. atlas it's subtle & chic as chloe's house. If you're hanging out in leggings/sweatshirt with a messy bun this is going to make you feel alot less sloppy as you grab a cup of coffee.

It smells quite sharp from the bottle, it mellows to a gentle floral with mild soapy woody-spice coming through on dry down. As with all chloe perfumes, they are uncomplicated & simple. They make me feel organized & minimalistic. (Although i do prefer chloe see, more)
Every perfume has a time & place. This one for me is if I want to feel clean after a long flight. Or the morning after a party.

I am tipping my toe into the floral world & i find chloe is the best way to start!

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

If you like green florals, this is the way to go! It is also soft with minimal sillage, so its great for a nice shy, quiet girl in the summer.

Nice surprise to me, as I usually don't like Chloe scents, especially old editions. (Newer are more compatible to my skin)
L'eau de Chloe starts like a green, spring garden, and that is a bit strange, as I can't see any green ingredients in top notes. However, after some time, rose-violet heart starts smelling beautifully. It is really pleasant, clean smell, just perfect for hot season.
But, to love it, you need to love green notes.

Allydefleur
Allydefleur

I found this to be absolutely vile...Extremely over powering & reminded me of a toilet rim block freshener. I am so glad I got a free sample & didn't just blind buy. I sprayed a very small amount on my wrist & even after a shower, I could STILL smell it...YUK!!

muneerah
muneerah

L'eau de Chloe is one of the best fresh but with charecter scent's IMO ... Love it ;)

Pink_Ruffles
Pink_Ruffles

L'eau de Chloe is wildly beautiful with a heart of rose.

I imagine L'eau de Chloe to be a nature-loving, runaway princess with a past much like that of princess Chloe EDP (if Chloe EDP broke free of her regal fate).

This is my favorite fragrance. The notes smell so fresh and this is my favorite rose. I find it to be freeing and grounding all at once.

L'eau de Chloe starts out very citrusy, like frozen lemonade but I can also smell the fresh green patchouli. The patchouli smells like it's been freshly cut at its greenest, most vibrant point in it's growth.

When the citrusy notes settle down, they reveal the rose bellow. This is the heart of the fragrance. The song of Chloe.

Chloe rose perfumes already feature the quality rose notes but here there is the poignant addition of rosewater to this fragrance—the outcome is so soft, yet so authentic that it strikes an poetic cord with me.

When the rose fades, I am left with the soft green garden of patchouli and a faint echo of the notes that have come before.

Though I have come to know it well, I feel that there are always newfound meanings and beautiful visions to bring forth from within the simple, yet ever-spirited melody of L'eau de Chloe.

Nicole79
Nicole79

....Chloe...love at first sniff...and i'm refering here at the edp, chloe l'eau, chloe intense,....i love all of them !!! i haven't test the edt, but i'm sure i'll love that too.

Chloe l'eau is so beautiful and quite original, like all the Chloe line actually .Signature fragrances for me !

What else there is to say? i'm in love with Chloe's fragrances...!!!
ON my wish list.

indorm
indorm

On my skin it definitely lasts longer - not sure where the complaints come from. I sprayed it on about two hours ago and it's still going strong. It's distinctly Chloe, something else I don't understand about the other reviews. I've been wearing the Chloe Eau de Parfum for a while now, and at first thought it was what I was smelling on my watch, until I realised it's L'eau de Chloe... It becomes different as it develops though, with the citrus accord taking the lead, where both rose and lychee are more distinct in Chloe Eau de Parfum. To me the character of L'eau de Chloe is fresher, younger, more summery than the Chloe Eau de Parfum version. I would recommend it to the 30 year and younger age group. It's true what someone else here said - there's a slight (very slight) similarity with Chanel No 19. Incidentally I tested both today, but I prefer Chloe by far. Chanel perfumes generally have a too clean, too perfect, slightly cold, distant feel to me. Not this. Love Chloe. Pure class, pure femininity.

I_love_perfume
I_love_perfume

Lovely summer fragrance, if it lasted longer on my skin i would consider purchasing it.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

Honestly, I don't enjoy it much in the beginning because I find the lemon to be too harsh. I don't know if its just my skin chemistry, but citrus perfumes tend to smell synthetic on me, and this one reminds me too much of cleaning products. The dry down is more enjoyable, once the lemon note settles and the florals start to peek out, but because of the harsh lemon cleaning product chemical smell in the beginning I give it a "like" rather than a "love."

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Perfection, classy, soft, interesting, I wish it lasted longer.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

I just tried this yesterday after getting a rollerball from Sephora. Summery? This comes across as mossy, like a lighter Sisley Soir de Lune but still pretty strong. I'm relieved to see a couple of others smell this too. Something in the notes combined with skin chemistry must be creating the olfactory illusion of oak moss. This is green and earthy. I find this a great fall scent. Lasts a good long while too.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

I have a sample vial and I really love the floral green scent I get from this.. not too much of the Rose actually. It settles nicely on my skin and I get a very soft, feminine touch that dries down more nicely than expected....Perfect for those "I need some perk me up" days, its sure to give you a reason to smile.. :)

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

This scent was love from first sniff for me when I tried it some years ago! Very fresh & reminding me the wet wipes we had in the car when I was a child!

But, it lasts 0 time on my skin & this is a big no no for me on perfumes!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I hate 99% of green scents but surpizing I really like this.. I dont get the normal green notes, no grasses etc here.

I avoid all chypres but a couple samples were included in an order I made so figured I give it a try, a tiny sprintz.

This smells like frozen limeaide to me, yes limeaide not lemonaide. I do detect the faint rose & patchouli in the background but not strong enough to bother me.

I dont know if I could wear this often or for long periods of time, but I do see me wearing this occasionally in the spring so my samples will probably be enough for me for now.

misouzaf
misouzaf

Reminds me of a rosy garden after the rain.. nothing like Chloe (which i also own and adore) it's much more 'day' because of the citrus notes..a bit like grass and not overpowering or sweet at all (important if you live in a super hot place). I like it.

franksgirl
franksgirl

Great fragrance but not for everyone. I hate roses but I love this scent. It has 70s vibe to it. Somehow reminds me of chanel 19 but its modern ,fresh and free spirited- very french...

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Initially this is lovely and fresh to me...but after 5 minutes the rose becomes overpowering, like YSL Paris. Then half an hour later, I'm left with a vague floral and lemon. Probably depends on skin type because I know it smells gorgeous on other people, including my sister.

susie2013
susie2013

this is not a flanker. its a fragrance all of its own
i have completely fallen for chloe edp, so i tested this today, thinking it would be much the same, perhaps lighter. l'eau bears no resemblence.
this is , to me is a dry , spakling very liht green frag....i don't get the lemonade, i get champagne.
it more retro than vintage. kinda reminds me of paloma piccaso, just not as seveve.
a very pretty fragrance, withiut a hint of sweetness. very woody drydown.
i know its meant to be a summer scent, however , i think it would work well in all weather. i can imagine how the frosty weather would bring out the crispness of the scent. and i also think great for evenibgs with a black dress.
i cannot wait to own this.
the bottle is not as nice as the edp, but still lovely , and does not conflict with the scent.

neckar
neckar

Un aroma primaveral, como huele un jardín después de la lluvia. Es sutil, elegante, jovial, discreto y a la vez persistente. Se lleva con facilidad tanto en el trabajo, como para una salida nocturna sobretodo en verano.

Elisa S
Elisa S

This fragrance is fresh, sparkling, crisp in the opening. Over time, it gets a little softer and soapier. I don't find it very interesting - it's an allright and feeling-good, freshly-out-of-shower-on-a-beautiful-summer-morning scent, but for my preference I think it lacks some depth.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

So far I had L'Eau de Chloe on paper test card. Right after spraying could not bear it: have written in pencil "indolic". It also smelled plastic like.
Frustrated, I wondered, if it would be the second (after "Love") fragrance that I can not tolerate from this house.
I am capable of experiencing the whole range of emotions while testing fragrances.
The fact that I was frustrated, means that I always approach new fragrance with a genuine hope that it's going to be at least good, I never give up on the perfumery, I am relentlessly optimistic.
Also I am impartial to Chloe brand. So, in frustration, I have left my card with ”indolic” written on it to rest.
Next day-the same, second and third day-the same smell from the card.
In about 5 days everything was gone, but not everything. Wait, is this ...creamy lilac or am I hallucinating?
This ending is so unexpected and pleasant: it’s creamy, slightly nutty lilac, redolent of Champs Elysees, but better.
Now, I am interested to know more. It's time for a skin test. Interesting how long would it take for indolic to go away to give way to lilac. I am hopeful and will update my review.
Give a balloon here to takeasniff since she so aptly gives the image of Chloe woman. Description perfectly matches my personality. In fact when reading reviews for Chloe by Chloe EDP I had experienced a strange feeling that reviewers knew me somehow. Yes, all of us could, probably, be assigned to certain type. But discovering new habits sometimes nice too.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Powder, sugar, lemon & grass the end result being a sharp lemon sorbet, its non threatening but sharp all the while i agree it does smell like cleaning products and isn't expensive smelling like the other chloe's. It's very green and sour smelling settling into a powdery oriental. This is for the older woman out of all the other Chloe's as it has that sharpness and bitterness, i also believe the green feel adds to the maturity. I dislike it compare to the Chloe original EDP & EDT which i've had i wouldn't buy this one though as i believe it is too mature. For women 30+

moongoddess
moongoddess

very beautiful fragrance but poor longevity and sillage. you need to carry it in your bag and spray it every 2-3 hours. it does smell very nice and fresh on hair. it's ideal for summer

r4elle
r4elle

L'Eau de Chloe - is just one beatiful piece of creation. First spray is quite strong smelling of bitter grass, bitter lemon, cedar and everything green - almost toxic, can't say in a better or worse way. There are days I just love the opening of it and there are days I can't make myself.

Leaving this for a while it beautifully develops into mild floral-soapy scent still patchouli being the essence of it. Originally when I tried to sniff the bottle first before spraying I thought this was Chloe Eau de parfum minus all the sweetness of roses and litchi.

However, the sweetness and depth of patchouli and amber remind you about them in a couple of hours. The sillage is quite good and stays on my skin for quite a long while and develops in a sophisticated manner. I love those fragrances that are not linear and can change and make your mood change with them too. <3 :)

Jola 72
Jola 72

I am amazed by quality of this brand,really good perfumes Will buy some scent of Chloe soon This one is perfect for younger audition

Purplepop2811
Purplepop2811

This is a lovely, fresh everyday perfume. Unfortunately for me, the longevity is not as good as Chloe eau de parfum, and the scents are not alike in any way. L'eau de Chloe is soft, in an understated clean sort of way, not bold and sexy like its big sister. I love them both but just wish this lasted longer on my skin!

dormir6
dormir6

I adore this one! So many of you complained about the longivity but on me it lasts and lasts and lasts even on hot summer days. It is refreshing, lemonde-like, sparkling and sophisticated. I love the rose and citrus together. It's chearful, confident, clean and pretty.

no5forever2
no5forever2

I was introduced to this fragrance by a SA who said she had a new fragrance very similar to Chanel no 19. Intrigued, I offered my wrist, and naturally the smell had nothing to do with my beloved no 19. But while I was driving home I started getting a soothing floral note, and it felt like a psychological massage to my tired and aching muscles.

I couldn't get l'eau de Chloe out of my mind and a week later I bought a bottle. I felt a fondness for the smell that I couldn't initially understand, but then I remembered what it was reminding me of. Years back, when my face had a particularly bad bout of dryness, I had taken to dabbing rosewater liberally over my face every evening. The rosewater offered relief from the stretching sensation in my skin, and had such a lovelyy, soft scent. L'eau de Chloe has that same smell. Now I feel I'm welcoming an old friend back.

To be honest, the rosewater is the only note I manage to get from beginning to end, but I am not complaining. I usually leave it for evenings at home, when I need to tone down after a hectic day. It soothes my nerves beautifully, and then,when I get into bed, I place my wrist near the pillow and this darling perfume lulls me to sleep.

And all this thanks to a misguided SA.

lara.suzin
lara.suzin

L'eau de Chloé:

Chloé EDT + lemon soda = I like!

Tamelimul
Tamelimul

No offense to the people who love this.. But, I can't decide if it smells of toilet bowl cleaner or roses & plastic on me. It is very unpleasant with my chemistry. It smells familiar but I can't place the smell. I believe it would smell good on someone else. I don't have a lot to say about it.. It has an almost sharpness to it, and I just get a bathroom cleaner kind of smell...

CHRISOPIGI
CHRISOPIGI

It was so funny!! I sat next to a gorgeous guy at the tram and he was ....scared by the ...toilette-smell of this perfume!!! (ME TOO!!)
BUT...DUE TO THIS FRAGRANCE we are still...dating! :-))
(AM definitely NOT wearing it anymore!!)

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have come to the conclusion that this house is not for me. All of these perfumes give me images of a girl or women who is very feminine, pretty, sophisticated, intelligent doesn't swear wears pale pink, beige and frosted tones never wears gaudy jewellery or sporty clothes speaks softly has never died or coloured her hair never laughs too loud etc. Most things I am not!!:)

Obviously I am sure many ranges of women wear and like these perfumes I don't suggest women who wear this have no personality but this is the feeling I get whenever I test them I feel like a leash has been put on me and I am being told to sit down and be quite and act like a lady. I just can't get excited let alone spend the amount of money they usually sell for here in Australia. Normally I don't worry about image with a perfume if I like it I wear it but these ones just are so not what I am that I would smell and feel ridiculous wearing them.

They all with the exception of the older chloes which were very sweet and strong just end up smelling like shower products and nothing much else. They smell a little angelic which I am no angel! They are mild and very feminine.

I swear, I sometimes talk and laugh too loud, I am impulsive, I wear strong blues and blacks I can't stand beige and pink etc I have black coloured hair I don't mince words I am not reserved and polite I am just not able to sit comfortably with these. They do last very well the bottles are lovely I don't think Chloe spends too much time on bottles and they would be nice for a bride or a funeral or wedding, working with kids or hospitals etc but for me I am going to have to pass its like my arm suddenly becomes limp and I cannot even bring myself to spray them on and if I do I just fantasize about having a shower to a disturbing level so all in all not for me.

AlexaSanger
AlexaSanger

I have this fragrance for the first day - I bought it very impulsively, more based on my expectations according to what the advertisement represented: lightness, freshness, something cheerful, associated with spring and first flowers and leaves on the trees...

What a different smell: as mentioned already, first thought of mine was: ,,This smells like an aunt in her seventies." Not youthful. There is something old in this fragrance. Definitely there is no young girl or summer breeze as in the picture represented the fragrance (although we can still consider the presence of springtime here)

A bit of dissapointment. I will give it a try, though.

NOTE: After few hours (maybe 3) the scent really smells lovely on the skin: more tender, lighter, more warm, sunny. I am not able to identify the ingredients, the citrus smell stays here as a soft dominant, but the ,,old aunt" feeling is gone. Very nice surprise! Obviously one of the fragrances where one has to wait a bit to let the tones develop!

Wearing the fragrance for over a week now: it´s very light and sunny! The only low point: it does not last long.

Irideika
Irideika

I tried this one yesterday and although initially, it's a lovely citrus smell, at dry-down, it literally smelled like I had sprayed some lemon pine-sol on my wrist. Was so bad it made me nauseous.

wind83
wind83

Very Roses .. love it. Cause im fan of roses. Rose+Citrus+Pachoulli great sillage. Not very young, Maybe in the middle age 27-38 can wear this perfume.

Very light, and for me it long lasting 5-7 hours.

I gave it: 7.6/ 10

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

After falling in complete love for this fragrance via a sample , a very lovely member gifted a bottle of this scent to me. :D
To me , an extremely green and fresh patchouli, ( as if a patchouli leaf was pinched while still growing on the plant itself ) earthy and alive - not a deep incense-y herbal whatsoever.
The rose is spicy , equally as the patchouli, more of a living rose.
I detect lime, verbena, a faint touch of lemon.
Natural, not synthetic.
I adore this combination. I will definitely be wearing L'Eau de Chloe all of the warm months and into the fall . Probably winter months as well ;)
It has class and is elegant, but not above being able to wear casually.
Edit : This does go on very strong, on me. I go lightly with my spritz.
The longevity for me has been 10+ hours. I have worn all day at work ( up to a 10 hour work day and had applied a half hour before leaving the house ) , and once to bed. I could detect it, and was surrounded be the fragrance the entire time. I am not sure how far the sillage had reached.

kirtylou
kirtylou

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SCENT. It is my favorite of all the Chloe perfumes (I love all of them, though). To me, this screams rose water - a very natural, delicate scent. The citrus brightens up the rose water, and the patchouli deepens it. The end result is a deliciously sunny and elegant scent, something that reminds me of tea roses, lemonade, soap, clean linens, and outdoor greenery. Fortunately on me this scent lasts all day, even if it stays close to the skin. I have a feeling I am going to wear this every day for a long time because this scent makes me so happy. I am surprised by how this smells absolutely nothing like Chloe EDP. If they didn't have the same bottle design I would not have thought this was a flanker, but its own scent.

Hannehoney
Hannehoney

VERY strong! Smells like grass and bitter lime...not sweet at all..total sugar-free. This gives me a headache

amanda.gggggg
amanda.gggggg

I fell in love when I first smelt this!!!So fresh and floral smell omg I bought it without looking at the price tag!!! Gave it to mom because she liked it very much but I will have another Chloe fragrance one day!!! Smells expensive and fits ppl in different ages

Momo Tse
Momo Tse

lighter/summer version of Soir de Lune

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

A retro throwback based on the original Chloe rose EDP covered with a thick layer of patchouli. I do not get any citrus. The well familiar rose takes on the middle, embelished by moss, sandalwood and a little less patch in the drydown. It goes through the same stages as the original - sharp, then watery/flowery and slightly soapy at the end.
A lot of people call the original outdated (there's a generous amount of grandma and old lady depictions thrown around in the reviews)...well I wonder how this EDT was spared from these qualifications? L'eau is a lot more outdated to my nose. My grandmother actually wore something very similar decades ago, I still remember her scarves and purse smelling like rose oil, patchouli and sandalwood.
I tried to like L'eau but it just does not work, when it comes to personal preferences. This edition of Chloe strikes the type of patchouli I loathe the most. Thank god I can enjoy the other flankers, even though they never seem to have made their way into my perfume collection after I used up the samples.

yidansheng
yidansheng

fluffy peach, aldehyde, orange and citrusy, with lovely orange blossom, pinkish-lychee-like rose and orris,patchouli. Cute like lolita, sexy but innocent.

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

I loved it! Smell refreshing and very similar to the original Chloe (rectangular bottle with bow). The spread of the perfume is a feeling of lightness in the air. The elegance and sophistication remain ...

rohmhild

It's not "youthful" or girly AT ALL!!! It's really wonderful and very expensive-like! But it seems to me this fragrance one must understand...

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

When I first bought it I really liked it and I used it a couple of times, then I started to get headaches and nausea from it. I just couldn't stand this perfume. I would get instant throw up feeling from sniffing it. Just too much rose I think. There is sooo many rosesmells I can't handle, and this is no.1 on the list. I had to give it to my mom who really liked it, but I still couldn't stand the smell, so I couldn't get near her for a while. Worst perfume experience ever.

Aegils
Aegils

Very fresh crisp and green. It's a light youthful fragrance appropriate for the warmer days of spring and summer. Silage is soft and not very long lasting unfortunately.

Opens up very citrusy, with a distinct note of lime. The first 10 minutes of this is fizzy, sparkly, green, slightly herbal and minty, and very uplifting. Then the top notes begin to fade and the floral notes slowly emerge. Eventually this dries down to pure powder. A hint of rose is present, but I wouldn't even call this a rose-based perfume. I would never guess there is patchouli in here, I can't smell it at all. Overall, I would call this slightly floral and VERY powdery.

HUEbris
HUEbris

yes, this is a beautiful perfume but i 've dissapointed.
when i first tested it at paper, it is very citrusy fresh and rose makes me feel good. so i had perchase it.
but i tested it my skin, citrus quickly gone just left lukewarm rose smell so i can't get any freshness. then there' s nothing different with original!
it's not good on my skin. even it makes me wondered i was bought a knock-off. i need more citrus! my bad...

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I was always able to smell more notes than the ones mentionned here... I just read on the Sephora website that this has:

Grapefruit, Cedrat, Peach, Violet, Rose Petals, Natural Water of Rose, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Amber.

and this makes sense to me... anyone has the notes to this? It is such a beautiful, green rose that is classic, French but also a little bohemian and "chyprish"... I just love it.

Paloma Lette
Paloma Lette

This pastel green liquid, the olive coloured ribbon, the distinctive Chloe bottle, not even a hesitation in my hands as I picked up L’Eau. At the store where they sell exclusive haute perfume in Sydney, is the home of a pianist that allures passing customers, inspiring their purchases. On my particular visit, he was playing “Vois Sur Ton Chemin”, it inspired me to buy a French perfume, I knew it would be Chloe, I felt the gift of Chloe on this day, my intentions were to purchase Love, Chloe, a humdrum rose bouquet, however, I became a complete amorist for L’Eau the moment I took the first smell. The experience I had with this perfume is similar to my experience with Balenciaga (read my review below), it was in summer that I purchased this, and it smells of summer, a green summer, a Parisian summer. This isn’t just an admirable combination of three accords that would usually be considered among others as synthetic, but also a refreshing demure of the original Chloe.

I am not a hater of patchouli, I actually think it is very feminine, classic feminine, L’Eau is purely patchouli, it is the first note to the nose, and the longest lasting. The citrus accords are highly evident at first spray, citruses have always blended well with my chemistry, rose of course, my signature scent, and now the newcomer patchouli, all in exemplary blending to my skin. As to following the pyramid of top, middle and base, it is exactly how this fragrance tells it’s story, a very crisp, citrusy chypre- floral bouquet, starting from the citruses, I would describe it as almost a “burst” of fruit tarts, descending into the dustiness of distilled rose water, and finally patchouli, the brilliance is in the green, delightfully dewy and slightly soapy, this perfume is clean, classic, a modern version of a vintage Christian Dior. Being that I had recently become familiar with “green” notes, I had no doubt that this would exude just as beautifully, I feared however that this fragrance would play out in the opposite way once on my skin for a few hours seeing as it is a very “green” perfume, as Chloe intended, I was wrong, this perfume is not an array of ozonic layering, no reminiscence of grass or a fresh cut garden, but delicately spicy with the tart of sweet lemonade.

I love the bottle, it’s classic, a messy bottle tells the story rather than the fragrance, Chloe is quiet, mystic, L’Eau’s colour choice being my favourite shade of pastel, this and the original Chloe should be in every woman’s vanity, it is an uncommon characteristic, youthful and fresh, not just another French perfume, but an essence, I always admired Chloe, but never enough to purchase a bottle (again, thank goodness I was gifted with direction), non appreciation always come from not knowing the perfumes story, it’s fornication, I never knew the story, did you know the woman behind Chloe is somewhat similar to Coco Chanel, enough said?

Jama4
Jama4

I was surprised to see that this perfume contained rose and patchouli. Michel Almairac has done an amazing job combining the notes in such a way so that the patchouli and rose are NOT synthetic, cheap and old lady like. This scent is very distinct and long lasting. 1 hr after washing it off I can still smell it.

Impressions of the perfume: spring, fresh, happy, sunshine, new clothes.

My skin type: oily / youthful
Office safe: yes
Projection: arm's length
Timing: Anytime of the year / day time
Price: $82 for 50ml / 1.69 oz at Shopper's Drug Mart

Disclamer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

Margreet
Margreet

It could be one of the most feminine and adorable perfume if... it had more sillage. I think I will stick to my Chloe edp in this case and maybe one time, I will purchase this one.

ScarlRed
ScarlRed

This is wonderful scent for spring and summer. At the beginning I can smell a lot of citruses but after a few minutes the rose is very clear. For all the time it stays light, airy like warm spring/summer breeze but what I have to say is that this L´Eau de Chloé is super long lasting! I can smell it after 10 hours on my skin! Just perfect :)

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

I love the combination of refreshing and powdery in this scent! Beautiul! If it could only last a bit longer than just poor 3 hours on my skin.

alexott
alexott

i got a sample. thank god. it smells like bitter baby powder. i mean, it's not offensive or bad. just not what i wanted. this is very derivative scent.

elsa.jansen.14
elsa.jansen.14

I really love it! But, it's a pity I have to spray so many times to get a good sillage and could be more long-lasting.. But still love it :)

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

hi, i'm a guy & i'm wearing this! its so gorgeous & makes u feel freshly confident...this could be a unisex frags afterall ;)

Ms Sparkles
Ms Sparkles

It might be a bit too citrisy after all? I thought it had a more "fresh" smell actually. I like it very much though.

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

I was expecting something grassy, ozonic, clean and fresh but it's not like that at all. I think I'd rather like it more if it smelled like laundry detergent. But this one is so strange and at the same time predictable, like I know this smell...well when I sniff it I get an idea of new unworn clothes which hangs in boutiques. Chloe bags are nice but not the perfume line...IMHO

Lushylori
Lushylori

Fresh clean and energizing in the most comfortable way possible if that makes any sense.
I really like this one. I think i enjoy it more than the original Chloe.
This is a nice fresh Spring or Summer scent that i feel would be safe for work.
Its almost like this scent was made to put the person wearing it in a happy and confident mood.
I would repurchase this for sure as its not generic smelling like many perfumes these days.
I like the touch that the Patchouli leaves in this perfume and i also think that the color of the perfume and the ribbon around the cap are a very good match to the scent.
Great job on this flanker Chloe :)

wiskr
wiskr

One to test on your skin. If your chemistry is anything like mine, this is gorgeous! L'eau de Chloe starts out fresh and almost spritzy; an element of that freshness remains, but a gentle spicy-woodsy-earthiness develops that makes me feel beautifully boho.

becauseyes
becauseyes

I really love this one! it feels so fresh and it wakens you up. however it's not a perfume that everybody can wear as you have to have this certain type of confident, easy-going personality. If so, this perfume makes you feel like nothing can bring you down.

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

Lovely. Typical "Chloe" rose with a retro-wink. The greener sister of "Cabaret". The lasting power is good on me.

annettepe
annettepe

i absolutely love this scent. its soft and emphasizes simplicity. its very fresh and green. It is a fresh citrus in the opening and the dry down is very clean and soapy with a touch of soft patchouli, in a very pleasant way. usually i never go for fresh scents like these but this one is definitely an exception. it is very inoffensive and definitely not in your face. Very sophisticated.

I dont know if its just my bottle, but over time the silver cap of the perfume becomes kinda brownish. i hate it. i definitely expected better quality from chloe...

lena_alb
lena_alb

it was a gift from one of my father's friend and i must say that I HATE IT. it smells moldy

MontrealGirl
MontrealGirl

This stuff is terrible. It has the cheap rose smell that reminds me of air fresheners in public bathrooms. I tried smelling it several times but always go the same result. I was not even willing to try it on my skin.

s_athena
s_athena

For the first ten minutes it smells like I spilled 7-Up on my arm. Then it turns into an even lighter version of the Chloe EDP and disappears an hour later. If you have the Chloe EDP, it's so similar that I wouldn't waste my money on this. There are much better eaux fraiches out there. The search for good summer scents (besides Light Blue) continues.

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

Smelled great on me....for ten minutes and then it is gone. Also did not help that my boyfriend can't stand the smell...rolled down his car window and looked a bit ill. Gave this to a co worker, she is happy with it!

pbluberry
pbluberry

It smells fine in the bottle. Smells like bad BO on me. Couldn't wait to wash it off. Love the Original Chloe and Chloe Love, I don't know what they did to this one. Don't think it smells like anyother of the Chloes.

chirobi
chirobi

I just sampled this a few days ago, and I must say the surprise factor was not there for me because this is so similar to the original one. Yes, it's lighter, greener as the color suggests, and fresher. However, I feel it would be redundant to own both. There are other rose scents that are green, light, and fresh, which smell completely different to Chloe and better IMO. Diabolo Rose and Un Zest de Rose, both by Les Parfums de Rosine, come to mind.

cocorosie
cocorosie

This is an odd one because to me it smells like bathroom cleaning products, but I love it! Something about it just makes me really happy. Maybe because it's so fresh, and quite different to most other perfumes out there. Its very popular too, I always smell it on other people it at work. Maybe after the trend for sickly sweet perfumes people were ready for something a little different. I find it a very refreshing scent.

tweekthetwitch
tweekthetwitch

I didn't really expect much of this one, to be honest. It was one that I just sprayed on and went out of the house without much care about which scent I put on.
Everyone in my family, however, loved it on me. Like, raved about it on me.
I didn't get the soapy or spicy...more a soft floriental.
And it lasted fooooorever.

Judging by the other reviews, I'm one of the lucky ones in terms of this scent + body chemistry.

Galya
Galya

On me it a light version of L'eau de Soir of sisley. i like it so much! Good quality and nice green smell !

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

Zero lasting power . . .
IS IT SOME KIND OF JOKE

For the price

It's a lovely fragrance which you can't even smell after 20 mins . . .

shannon.christensen.986
shannon.christensen.986

I love Chanel's Chance Eau Fraiche, so I thought perhaps I would like this. Nope. Not even a little bit. It smells ok in the bottle, but the minute it hits my skin it starts to change, and not in a good way. I had my friends smell me and they didn't care for it either. Too bad.

isabellerose
isabellerose

this perfume smells like a lighter and fresher version of Eden by Cacharel so if you liked that one butit was too much for you, this one is perfect.

cuivre
cuivre

When I first put this on in the store, it smelled like bug spray to me--I couldn't BELIEVE IT!!! I immediately told the saleslady I was not interested and sashayed off in pursuit of lovlier scents.

HOWEVER, 10 minutes later, when I was sniffing my wrist for a clean spot to try some Miss Dior, it smelled powderly, kind of like sandalwood with an overlay of citrus. To my nose, this is absolutely divine. Throwing my usual caution to the wind, I went back and bought a bottle immediately (normally I buy a sample and see how long I can stand it).

I have not been sorry. This is not a long-lasting fragrance on me, and some days I'm not in the mood for it--but other days, L`Eau de Chloe is the only scent that will do. I love to wear it to bed and get a slight whiff of it when I wake up in the morning. It really is addictive.

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

Just Soapy!! I can hardly smell any rose in the very begining...

cherie97
cherie97

my soon-to-be mother-in-law just bought this one for her&her daughter, so i had an opportunity to test it not only on my own skin, but theirs as well.

to be honest - i can't stand it.
it's this kind of scent that may not be pleasant for every one.
i love other chloe's - also chloe,love ones, even though they're not truly meant for me.
but this one is another story. it's fresh and a little sweet at the beginning, which is nice, because it's the best at first sniff.
then it becomes iritating, sharp, almost like after a short walk through a garden full of lemon and flowers you come in to some dark, dusty place filled with herbs and spiciness. it's also soapy and powdery at the same time.

couldn't stand it so hard i had to wash it off, and i even couldn't stand next to my sister-in-law for a longer time, because i didn't like the scent.

not what i expected, definitely. lemonade and rose are great, but are hardly there.

zennia04
zennia04

Had the pleasure of enjoying you briefly at the counter.. You are fresh, uplifting yet tender.. inoffensive, very friendly to one's nose.. very much easy wear.. i like you and soon i'll have you :)

Necabel
Necabel

L'Eau de Chloe es un aroma que no es de mi estilo, sin embargo me gusta. Me sugiere un aire retro modernizado. Sofisticado y elegante sin perder frescura y espontaneidad. Creo que es muy atractivo para el verano y tiene muy buena permanencia en mi piel.

***

L'Eau de Chloe is a scent that is not my style, however I like. I suggest a modernized retro. Sophisticated and elegant without losing freshness and spontaneity. I think it's very attractive for the summer and has very good stay in my skin.

scarlettcroix
scarlettcroix

The top notes on this fragrance were awful on me. The dry-down smells exactly like Fleurs de Bulgarie by Creed. Too heavy for this girl!

cookieal
cookieal

very fresh and uplifting!
clean but powdery and tender.
definately,elegant and sophisticated.
i havent been so satisfied from a summer fragrance, since chance eau fresh.
it s exactly what it is supposed to be: a light and fresh edition of the beloved original eau de parfume but with a unique character.
got the 100ml size bottle and the body products too. it s a perfume i d love to bath in, on a hot summer day..

panda0410
panda0410

Meh, its been done before. Its *very* similar to Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy (original release), rose and citrus in the top, only the Givenchy is better and the Givenchy doesn't give me a cracking headache. The rose in this is all consuming, it dominates the entire fragrance - you really need to be a rose absolute lover to really appreciate this. The citrus in the top is abrasive to my nose, not refined nor clean, and the scent is heavy, perhaps owing to the patchouli base, its not a winning combination. The entire fragrance lacks the class and elegance that the Givenchy offers and for the money I think that Eaudemoiselle is probably the better buy.

niky9
niky9

Very tender and simple fragrance, I like it!

Karin1974
Karin1974

Very, very nice spring scent.
I just can´t wait to jump into day, when I spray this on in the morning after shower.

Meget, meget skøn forårs duft.
Jeg kan slet ikke vente med at "springe ind i dagen", når jeg sprayer den på om morgenen efter brusebadet.

prigipessa
prigipessa

Powder, powder and powder in a more fresh way than the original chloe! This summer l'Eau de Chloe will be my perfume!

farceuse
farceuse

This, on me, smells exactly like a public bathroom in a highway rest stop or gas station after the cleaning product has been used too freely. Almost felt like a joke, but I'm afraid it isn't. I gave it a chance, but a couple hours in, I had to wash it off. Really awful.

Debshee
Debshee

Not for me. It's very unique but not something I'd wear. Smells like a man's fragrance. It's like sour citrus and pepper right out of the bottle. It's calmed a bit in the past 30 minutes but still seems like furniture polish more than perfume.

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

I have never been a big fan of citrus or rose. So it comes as a bit of a surprise to me how much I thoroughly enjoy this one. It opens up a bit big and overly floral, but after a few seconds, it softens and a fresh citrus emerges and blends so perfectly with a green, realistic rose. This fragrance is subtle, slightly sweet, fresh and gently floral. It reminds me of walking through a rose garden early in the morning – the dew still fresh and sparkling on the petals in the dappled sunlight. It wears close to the skin but has great longevity.

Overall this scent is feminine and youthful, yet a touch old-fashioned with a bit of a modern twist. It's a perfect springtime scent.

Since the disappearance of Chloe (1975) and Chloe Narcisse, all modern releases from this brand have left me dissatisfied. L'eau de Chloe has thankfully come along and saved the day, renewing some respect that I had lost for Chloe over the last few years.

This fragrance is all fresh and inoffensive. Finally I've met a Chloe fragrance that doesn't jam itself right up my nose and cause me to reach for my inhaler. L'eau de Chloe has very little in common with the original Chloe fragrance, (by which I mean that strong and soapy rose inspired perfume, whose popularity I do not understand).

The pastel green bottle design, reflects how this fragrance smells. It's fresh, green (of course) and Spring-like. The citrus opening is bright and breezy, but never overpowering. Its projection is pleasing to say the least, settling intimately on the skin.

According to the perfumer Michel Almairac, this fragrance is "supposed to evoke the scent of frozen lemonade", as reported on the Now Smell This blog. Surprisingly I can smell this idea reflected in L'eau de Chloe's composition, and I think that's the main reason why I've come to enjoy this fragrance so much.

I like the carefree approach that this fragrance has. It's very easy to wear, and even easier to enjoy. To some finicky reviewers, L'eau de Chloe may strike them as being linear and plain. I for one, don't mind the basic citrus and green, leafy blend. The rose and patchouli in this fragrance are so watered-down that they barely even feature.

I found both the sillage and longevity to be equally pleasing. I think I also prefer this flanker's packaging over and above the other Chloe releases. I'm giving L'eau de Chloe my personal tick of approval.

scardenas
scardenas

Im getting my FIRST bottle tomorrow! YAY! I love this scent :)

Cams
Cams

This is hands-down my spring/summer signature. Its a wonderful, fresh and sparkling masterpiece! I get compliments from literally everyone when I wear this. Wonderful!

rohmhild

Wonderful! For me, MUCH better than the simply Chloe.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

L'eau de Chloe is like the carefree, sparkling, non conformative cousin of its original preceder.

Chloe is the contemporary rose
L'eau de Chloe is the green 'tea rose' with a citrus twist.

Not too girlish - The scent for the young at heart

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

I received L'Eau de Chloe today as a Mother's Day gift from my husband. It's a beautiful and unique scent. I can smell the light scent of roses and citrus lingering all around me. It smells better and better the longer it warms up on my body. Ilove it! Thanks for my gift hubby!

ednafrau
ednafrau

m4, you're probably referring to chloé EDP not l'eau de chloé, which came out just 3 months ago. l'eau is not heavy at all and is actually quite perfect for summer. it's a wonderful creation, citrusy and rosy, fresh and subtle yet long-lasting - a rare combination. i can just as well imagine a victorian lady wearing this on a sunny spring day - her long, gauzy dress billowing in the breeze - as i can picture a modern woman in black minimalistic attire strutting down city streets...it's that timeless! i have a spray sample and am planning on purchasing an FB as soon as i can get someone who is travelling abroad to do me the favor :)

m4
m4

I like it but in very warm weather it´s very strong. I detect lots of patchouli there and that´s very annoying. I live in a city where lot of women already wear it. What a pity. It´s like it doesn´t exist anything else just Chloe. For spring ok but for hot summer can´t imagine it - too strong. :-) Longevity is perfect.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

this perfume kicks off with some cold citrus punch.
then mellows into honeyed warmth on my skin!!

I don't feel a strong resemblance of Chloe EDP until 30min after.

projection not great.
a very interesting scent.

I got a sample of this yesterday. On my skin this starts as a strong old-womanish-rose-scent. Lastingpower is about 2 hours on me, it fades quickly. Strong Rose/Patchouli-smell, not heavy, dull roses, but clean fresh roses. A bit "oldstyle/oldwomanish" scent. I can't detect any Citruses at all. L'eau de Chloe is not for me.

Jag fick ett doftprov igår. På min hud så upplever jag denna som en äldre dam-ros doft. L'eau De Chloe doftar i ungefär 2 timmar på mig, den bleknar fort, tyvärr. Stark ros/Patchouli doft. Ingen tråkig, tung rosdoft utan rena fräscha rostoner. Lite gammaldags/ äldre dam-doft i mitt tycke. Jag kan inte känna några citrustoner alls. L'eau de Cloe är inget för mig.

jovana03
jovana03

I really love the smell but unfortunately it has no staying power and for that reason I had to pass.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A green, light frag, which may have a split jury...

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0- 45 mins. 1.25 foot projection, strong. This is all green, no lemon here, however I have 2 thoughts. First is the positive side which thinks this is all summer, light, Laura Ashley dresses, young, ages 20 -32. It projects a breezy aroma, which is care free, casual, soapy-garden like and feminine. My second thought is that this is like a watered down version of a better frag and that this is not unique at all. It is similar in many ways to Britney Spears Believe, and I would not blame people if they think this is like washing-up liquid. Not complex, too basic and not well done, sorry

45 mins - 1.25 hours. 8 inch projection. Same smell as above. Grows on you

1.25 hours - 3.5 hours - 5 inch projection, with good trails after you. Still a care free, green, casual, summer frag when it projects, on the skin it has an edge of soapiness

3.5 hours - 5.5 hours. 2 inch projection

5.5 hours - 7.5 hours. Close to skin

I prefer Britney Spears Believe to this, which is a lot more affordable and slightly stronger

nananessa
nananessa

This one is such a pleasant surprise! It really doesn't remind me of the classic Chloe (which I have worn for many years) but smells like something different all together for me. It is crisp, very green, very pleasantly citrusy, for me lightly floral with the earthy sensual patchouli, amber & cedarwood. What a lovely blend for warm-weather wear! Destined to be a cult-object much like Chloe!

mediterranean
mediterranean

Very subtle rose with lots of green and hay.Beautiful for the country, for hanging out with friends,and soft enough to wear to the office in summer.It gives you energy and makes you feel femenine at the same time.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This is the way to do rose! I'm not familiar with the original Chloe, but I don't like heavy or dusty roses, which I was afraid this would be. Instead, it's juicy and fresh and very nice, with a peppery, leafy green-ness to counteract the fruity sweetness of the rose. It's very fresh and youthful, without being a sugar-syrup fruity floral mess. It just smells clean, simple and light, like a bright morning outside in the garden. I wish it had just a little more sweet rose, though, and less patchouli.

Kaland
Kaland

I love it. Unfortunately, it is extremely popular. It seems every girl in NYC has one of it's many variations. Otherwise I would make this my signature scent.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Love this. I find the original Chloé beautiful, but not for me. It is too rosy and old lady-ish. Therefore, this one is perfect with its citrusy and fresh feel, but it is still very elegant and feminine. Love it !!

unionpar
unionpar

Questo nuovo di chloe mi ha elettrizzata e svegliata come una doccia !
Veramente intenso "l'agrume", leggermente sbilanciato (alla fine pizzica un pò) , ma poi, scaldandosi, diventa rosa e gelsomino ?
non ho controllato se c'è il gelsomino..
ma la cosa che io ho sentito molto, dentro alle note frizzanti, erano erba e foglie dopo la pioggia, voi no ?
mi piacerebbe la body lotion se ci fosse.
ciao !

Vamy69
Vamy69

I agree that the citrus does knock you over at first but then it settles into what to me smells just like Chloe. I really can't tell the two apart other than the initial burst of citrus.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

When you spray it the citruses knock you over, but letting it settle for a moment it becomes powdery and fresh, a soft rosy note dominating for most the duration it lasts - which isn't very long to be fair, seems to be maxed out at 6 hours. I thought there was iris in this with the powder. This is so calm though, conjuring up images of girls in white cotton dresses in long grass in the summer.

krmarich
krmarich

A free sample from Macys ended up before my nose today. It is from 2012. I gave a spritz on the back of my hand. I am trying to be objective, yet its difficult! It opens with a whisper of citrus that last 3 minutes or less. Then comes a pleasant synthetic rose that reminds me of several other rose compositions. Perhaps a hint of lily of the valley? I do not get any patcholi. There is no closing! It just vanishes. If it was just a little stronger, I would say get a bottle. If you like it, you will need several. Its that weak!

After 1 hour, it was gone and I had to give another spritz. Its nothing more than a refreshingly clean body spray with little to no projection. Toilet paper from the 70s was stronger than this! I am not kidding. This is no fake. The country of origin says France. I suppose the industry is cutting back further, but for the price this is shocking.

bambi27
bambi27

First off I HATE Citrus - can't stand it - so when see any reviews (like some above) and they mention citrus, I don't even give it a 2nd look! Good for me, on one particular day in my local pharmacy, I decided to take a spray! WOW, It is BEAUTIFUL! Dare I say that I find it a bit like Femme by Hugo Boss! I am truly lost for words to describe this perfume! It is DEFINITELY feminine, light, happy, make skin have a natural scent to it all the while being VERY feminine! I bought some off of Ebay - it was a fake from China! So I bought another from France- c'est magnifique!!!!!

nush imogen
nush imogen

I love citrus, rose and patchouli, but for some reason the combination of all three doesnt work for me, nothing special here.

lila_says
lila_says

Perhaps it's a matter of body chemistry but I really love this perfume. The blend of citrus (which I've stayed away from for years), rose, & amber is so alluring. What makes it a winner for me however, are the woodsy notes. I think this is a great scent for 20 & 30-somethings.

candacej2005
candacej2005

I was really interested in this perfume, based on the raves from Oprah magazine, and I thought the notes sounded perfect: a floral with slight fruity tones (pear and peach). I love florals but not too sweet so I had hoped that the citrus notes would tone it down. Alas - when I tried it, my initial reaction was: ok, sorta pretty. Over the course of the day, the middle note was ... ok. And the base note was too sweet. Smelled like any other perfume. There's nothing original here!!

Amarie121
Amarie121

I was looking forward to trying this based upon the perfume strip in a magazine. Thinking it might be my new Signature scent, I raced to Saks to try it. I was disappointed. It starts off innocently, but there is a pervasive "wet paper" scent which ruins it for me (perhaps this is the dewy note?). I sprayed two sprays in the morning before driving the kids to school, and my Prada Candy-wearing teen said, "there is a different smell in the car! What is it? It isn't your regular fragrance!". Note she did not say it was good!:-). At any rate, her perfume was so strong that I told her the Candy has wrestled with Chloe and won! Not overpowering at all, this scent nonetheless has a slight chemical smell which I find gives me a headache. Search is on for the perfect rose... (BTW, it is very reminiscent to Crabtree and Evelyn's Evelyn Rose; both include peach!).

SYLeung
SYLeung

The first note smells like lemonade reminds me wandering in the garden.It is great for vacation on a spring morning. Unfortunatley, it stays few minutes on my skin. No more heart or base notes.. Anyway, it worths for blind try.

icingsugar
icingsugar

I am not a fan of the original chloewhich was like too strong soap on me. But I love this. Besides the adorable ad, packaging and the free green pouch I got with my buy I love the scent. It smells fresh and clean, therr is stillvthe powdery rose from the original chloe, but the citrus balances it out. Perfect spring/summer scent. A shame it doesnt last very long on my skin at all.perhaps if someone is looking for a long lasting citris/floral scent they should try flora by gucci edt which lasts a good7+ hours.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I have tested this little number today, out of curiosity and new found respect for Chloe since my beautiful signature scent find, Love intense.The first thing that came to my mind is that is smells very similar to Paloma Picasso, a perfume that I wore and loved about 10 years ago. I am getting none of the notes described, no citrus, no rose and no patchouli, but I get herbs and moss. Most reviews say that this would not attract comments, but this is definitely the type of scent that would get me to turn my head at someone wearing it. I think class and sophistication can come from understated scents such as this one, and not just from the powerhouses. This will very probably be my next purchse, and a big thumbs up to Chloe which detracted me from my beloved Chanel scents.

wbp
wbp

Nothing special. Just fresh and into my skin - soapy. Like but not enough to buy.

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Having read all the other reviews I am left wondering, what are some of you thinking of !
Anyway.....I have perfume collection mania....in search of that perfume that I can say IS my signature. I think this may be it.
I have fell in love so many times, flirted with so very many, loved and then lost that special feeling.
I was not looking for another perfume.
I was not expecting anything to hit me like this.
On passing the display I had a little spritz.
Emmm, wow, this is it, I am sure it is. I have never been bowled over like this.
You know when it is real love, not being in love with the notion of being in love!
I have not wanted the original ever! as it was not for me.
But now this one is very special. Clean yes, green a bit, Roses a hint, Patchouli oh yes but light and fresh.
This is not for the younger 'girl' , no this is for a woman, a woman who knows her own mind and is not lead by the groupies. Individual, sweet natured, strong and good fum! who cares what it is called and if it is a spin off...after all, are we not all a spin off our parents! is anything truly original?

A nice variation of Chloe's classic EDP. I love the pretty green bottle. The perfume matches it very well. It's slightly sweet, fresh, clean, spring-y, and delicate. It does a marvelous job of retaining that rosie essence, that vintage je ne sais quoi, that lovers of Chloe expect. Highly recommended this Spring! Best new perfume I've smelled this season.

Efflorescence
Efflorescence

It starts if very crisp and lemony, but then dries down to a more powdery and rose like scent, but you still keep the impression of citrus in it. I would not wear this in the winter, but it's perfect for a day on the beach on a hot summer day. I don't love it, but maybe it will grow even more on me? Because I really like this scent, as the verbena perfume from L'occitane was a bit to essential oil-ish for my taste. This is very gentle, subtle and versatile, and definitely not for the "hey, look at me!" femme fatale bombshell who wears perfume to gain attention.

ravjan
ravjan

This is utterly enchanting! I only tested it on paper so don't know about longevity and stuff but the scent is fresh, comforting, flowery, sweet - just the beautiful balance. I hope my girlfriend likes it, too. I want to smell it on her this spring!

beebee2002
beebee2002

i have tested on my skin today and found it very familiar...and after a long while, the smell actually reminded me the scented christmas cards that i have received when i was in primary school...funny...

akats
akats

It doesn'nt worth buing it. Nothing new, with very short life (30 minutes perhaps). Even at its very beginning, it is so close to skin, that you can hardly smell it. Nice idea for fresh greens, but what a pitty though....

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

I tried out a sample of this perfume that I got out of a magazine and I really liked it. It was light, crisp and a little sweet. I thought it smelled very fresh and perfect for Spring. However, I asked my boyfriend what he thought of it and he told me that he didn't really like it. He described it as smelling like Dillards, which I'm assuming is a bad thing? I don't know, but I guess I won't be buying it! Also, it didn't last very long at all but maybe that's just because I tested this with a paper sample instead of the actual spray.

JodieW1992
JodieW1992

I do like this fragrance as a summery 'clean' smell, reminds me of a lighter Versace Versense. I was a big fan of 'Chloe Love' and love the new spring feel fragrance. (However, I'm very selective with purchases as I work in a perfumery!)

brangie
brangie

This is my very first greenish scent I bought. I like it a lot. It's kind of masculin, a tiny bit. I don't care, I like it anyway.
However my problem with Chloe is that it won't stay for long. And I really love smelling it.
I 'll keep on trying with every new Chloe scent, but I think I have to go search for similar scents from others.

WyldaWilson
WyldaWilson

I smelled this today and still don't know what to think. Its a really odd scent. There is definitely a lemonade note. For some reason the perfume reminded me of Estee Lauder Sheer Beautiful crossed with Annick Goutal Petit Cherie. Im not sure whether my sense of smell is going mad. I shall have to smell this a few more times to really grasp it. You can smell the influence of the chloe original (2008) but it is not a direct correlation.

diaaa
diaaa

Stared off as a green scent with hints of mint which I loved. The middle notes were the classic Chloe rosey-scents, as in the Chloe Eau de parfum/toilette... And the base - I needed some time to remember, but then it hit me! Anyone ever used the Lush Heavanilly massage bar? That's it. They're identical. (some of the scents in the massage bar are vanilla and tonka as well as florals such as jasmine and gardenia) I'd describe it as a not overpowering, dry sweetness.
The thing I like most about L'Eau de Chloe is the green colour around it, from the packaging and ribbon to the greenness of the (top notes) of the perfume itself. The green colour doesn't match the base notes though :)

padraiginrua
padraiginrua

For anyone who has friends who wish they liked perfume, but don't...this is the perfect gift. Pretty bottle, pretty celadon green juice, nice bow, and a fragrance that couldn't irritate anyone!

Perfume haters can spritz themselves and feel pretty and feminine, but never worry someone won't like their perfume as it has no perceptible smell. My unscented handsoap has better sillage.

I should like this because the notes and description sound nice but there is no "there" there. I think that this was designed not to scare people who think that trying a perfume means judging it in the first 60 sec after spraying.

I sprayed it generously and I got a faint hint of galbadnum in the first 5 min and then it was just melting into my skin and becoming a really vague patch of interderminate freshness. Weird thing is that there is a drydown if you spray enough... boring faint rose.

Sorry if I sound pissy, I just feel that someone somewhere is laughing that they can sell something that barely has a scent at these prices. :(

go-desssmile
go-desssmile

Wanted to like it-but was too faint, disappeared quickly on my skin. There are many other rose scented fragrances out there that are truly special and unique.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

i like it, but need time to decide if I have to own. It's greener and sweeter than Chloe. I also sprayed Miss cherie L'Eau....which I like actually more if I had to pick. As the weather gets warmer I will know which way I will go. Could be both....LOL, there are way worse problems to have! Pretty, elegant and lovely.

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Just tested it today and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised!! I think this could be my next purchase..I will probably end up buying a 30ml bottle of this beauty!
There is not a HUGE difference between Chloe EDP and Chloe L´eau de Chloe..at least not in the drydown. But this one is much prettier IMO. It´s very citrusy and green, very crisp and perfect for spring! :)

mahimahimaia
mahimahimaia

in contrast to all the negative reviews, i actually really love this scent. it also lasts very long and ive received many compliments. guess it just works for me. love it :)

yantestrs
yantestrs

I have not tried this yet but my birthday is coming up. Some say this is green. True? Like the newest Fendi? I very much like , oh dear, I belieive it's called "love, choloe"? Criticisms, comments wanted here , please.

fraushka
fraushka

Just deleted it out of my wish-list.
Too weak and has no personality,imo. Now it's unrecognizable among other "green" fragrances.

meral
meral

Blind buy but no regrets. It is, indeed, a very nice fragrance but I could not detect much of a difference between the new version and the EDT. I feel good wearing this self confidence inflicting modern scent. Although I was hoping for a more distinctive character in L'Eau de Chloe, I still think it is worth a try if you are a fan of Chloe fragrances and have not been using Chloe signature for a while. I hope Prada Infusion D'Iris Absolue that will be released in March will end up being a success like Bottega Veneta, which was launched a couple of months ago.

Aroussa
Aroussa

Was a lovely surprise to see this at Heathrow duty free yesterday. I've always felt drawn to the original Chloes but found them too rosy for me. Thinking that finally, this pretty mint green juice will be the answer. But no. First, for me, it bears no resemblance to the originals, not even a good hint, which I was hoping for. And second, overall, it is a very unoriginal and run-of-the-mill scent. Might be a perfect 'faceless' office fragrance but don't expect anyone to swoon and ask you what perfume you're wearing. Too too bad...

SAMFLOWER
SAMFLOWER

for ezdragova,
l'eau de chloé is already available in belgium
I tested this afternoon and my first impression was good fresher than the classic chloé. Citruces note are very powerful in the top after I can felt the rose exactely the same of the classic version after a while.. it became more refined , the green note take their own place and this eau de toilette gain in intensity .
I completely agree with Antonpan ,this chloé is a lightner version of soir de lune easier to wear .
Personaly I prefer the classic version .

jonr951
jonr951

It smells like the original. It's nice and I love all the green but I definitely won't be needing a bottle. Oh well. : )

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Smelled this yesterday at Saks Fifth Avenue. Didn't like it at first but it it dried down wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than the first. This one smells like a cleaner rose than the other one and it has a citrus twang to it and it's a lot fresher and clean than the first one. I just might spritz this one on my skin if I ever get a sample. I probably wouldn't DARE do that with the first one

antonpan
antonpan

L'Eau de Chloe was a surprising experience for me. At first, because it doesn't share a lot of common with the regular Chloe fragrance. Yes, it's still all about the roses, but in another interpretaion. Shockingly L'Eau de Chloe smells like a more wearable, light copy of Sisley Soir de Lune. The resemblance is very, very strong - those Sisley's honey note is here! So the new Chloe is not really the summer fragrance, I can't name it fresh. If you like Soir de Lune, but find it "too much", try L'Eau de Chloe!

mara_g
mara_g

Well, I tested it today and I'm disappointed. Not because it's not a nice perfume, on the contrary it's very young, beautiful and crisp...BUT once again I see no reason to launch another flanker that smells just like the original. It's almost identical, slightly fresher, greener in top notes, but after 30 minutes it's just like Chloe edp. I assume this launch is for the already established buyers who want to have basically the same juice in a slightly different bottle (it's taller and greener).

TX-in-NH
TX-in-NH

As long as it doesn't smell like laundry detergent I will give it a try. I would love a good green fragrance. I couldn't smell the roses with the original, just laundromat.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

iroschqa, where did you try it already? The official info says it will be out in February 2012 - but if it's already available somewhere, please do share :)

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Another Rose and Patchouli combo in the fragrance world, I lost count hahaha. But I will still give this a test.

iroschqa
iroschqa

Too soapy for me. After 2 hours applying it, the smell becomes too spicy. I do not like this.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

It looks like a big asprin bottle with an even bigger bar-code, lol

I'd like to sniff, might be lovely :)

L'Eau de Chloe by Chloe 3.69 out of 5 based on 1035 ratings and 175 user reviews

Gift Set 0.17oz
Chloe Variety
Chloe Variety
L'eau De Chloe Perfume by Chloe, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
L'eau De Chloe Perfume by Chloe, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
CHLOE L'EAU DE CHLOE for WOMEN by Chloe EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
CHLOE L'EAU DE CHLOE for WOMEN by Chloe EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Gift Set 0.17oz
CHLOE VARIETY for WOMEN by Chloe SET-4 PIECE WOMENS VARIETY WITH CHLOE NEW EAU DE PARFUM AND CHLOE NEW EDT AND L'EAU DE CHLOE EDT AND CHLOE LOVE EAU FLORALE EDT AND ALL ARE .17 OZ MINIS W
CHLOE L'EAU DE CHLOE for WOMEN by Chloe EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
drugstore.com
Gift Set
Parfums Chloe L'Eau De Chloe Gift Set for Women, 3 Piece, 1 set
Parfums Chloe L'Eau De Chloe Gift Set for Women, 3 Piece, 1 set

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chloe L'Eau de Chloe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chloe L'Eau de Chloe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau de Chloe by Chloe. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau de Chloe by Chloe represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.