Designers » C » Floral « Groups

dislike
Total people voted: 2041

I have it: 1312 I had it: 352 I want it: 1135 My signature: 55

Love Chloe for women Videos
Love Chloe for women Pictures Love Chloe for women Pictures Love Chloe for women Pictures

The new perfume from the house of Chloe, Chloe Love, will be available on the market in 2010. Love is a feminine and sophisticated floral composition, described to be powdery and soft. Noses Louise Turner and Nathalie Gracia-Cetto are credited for blending notes of orange blossom, pink pepper, iris, lilac, wisteria, hyacinth, heliotrope, powdery musk, talc and rice. Raquel Zimmermann is the face of the campaign.

African Orange flower Pink Pepper

Phillys

Love Fragrance Reviews

Electronic100
Electronic100

A special one, this one!

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Mmmmmmm, this is delicious!!! When I was 14 or 15 "Chloe" signature was my every day fragrance... since then, I've stayed an arm's length away from ANY other Chloe fragrances... but this one is honestly AMAZING!

It's another old-school vibe perfume, but modified into something slightly more modern and chic. An ode to purple flowers and powder, boudoir-inspired, retro makeup/retro hairspray feel to it. EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN COLLECTING LATELY!

The opening is a sweet vanillic powder-puff, with iris + spicy pepper with lilac right behind it. All things feminine and ladylike in this one! It's nice to own a peppery-powdery scent as opposed to the usual "Guerlainade" sweet-powdery scent (However, those are my favorites too!). The rice note creates a round, warm feel to the scent so it doesn't get overwhelmingly sharp, and all in all it feels like taking a luxurious pink bubble bath! The drydown features some dainty Hyacinth that's very pleasant to be followed around by all day. No other fragrance can be compared - this stands out on it's own!

Absolutely in love with this one, makes me feel super glamorous!

Performance gets an A+ too; polite but powerful sillage, and great longevity.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Not my cup of tea. Iris? Lilac?I can only smell tons of pink pepper, rice and some musk. This perfume smells like some kind of exotic meal to me.

gloom
gloom

starts fresh soft floral
the base is soapy airy powdery and musky
also a warm rice note

a more sophisticated chloe scent
and not that sweet and strong floral
still fresh but not cool
nice

femgularosor
femgularosor

Chloé Love is young but mature, vintage but new. It's warm like a hot cup of cocoa in the winter but somehow like a walk in a summer garden. It's chic but unique. I love this perfume - it's my signature. I especially love the hyacinth - it makes me feel as if I'm walking in a park in Paris.

An aldehydic orange blossom fragrance, very old style cologne but without heavieness or formality. I like it alot, very pretty and easily worn.

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

This is the perfume I wear most days. I love it for its romantic feel and light floral sheen.
Its not to heavy not too common smelling and it works well with my personal chemistry. I don't like the original Chloe but some of the flankers are worth trying. When I wear this to work my office workers tell me I smell great and ask what Im wearing.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I snagged a full bottle of this for $25, with hopes that it would be similar to the smell of Mac lipstick. I was wrong, but I'm still VERY pleasantly surprised with this. I typically hate Chloe fragrances, because the ones I tried have offered nothing exceptional to the fragrance world.

Never in my life would I have expected a fragrance to smell like a mix between Cabotine and L'Heure Bleue! But that's exactly what I'm smelling. There's a fresh, sharp hyacinth cloud around me, but when smelling my skin directly, I smell a very sweet, powdery, nutty iris mixed with heliotrope.

There's a lot going on with this one.. you have the sweet, starchy accord from the iris/heliotrope/musk/rice combination, and then there's the barrage of fresh, sharp florals in the heart notes. Definitely a nice offering from Chloe, and I'm very pleased.

It's truly Cabotine mixed with L'Heure Bleue, but in classy quantities so as not to be overpowering.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Chloe scents never enticed me until I sampled a little bit of Love Chloe in Sephora one day. Every single woman at work seemed to wear Chloe and the last thing I wanted was to smell like the air... Love Chloe, however, is quite different that the usual Chloe.

One day, my sister flew in from Miami and I told her that she smelled so nice and I seem to have smelled what she was wearing before. She then brings out a Love Chloe rollerball !

A week later, after she flies back to Miami, I get me my first 100 mL bottle of Love Chloe. The scent is very lovely, very lady-like and absolutely gorgeous ! It still has the signature sweet but unique gentle freshness that Chloe fragrances bear, but this fragrance is golden and it has a slight warmth to it.

The bottle it comes in is very ergonomic too ! The fragrance is not overpowering, it doesn't last THAT long though...3-4 hours. Great for both night and day, summer or winter.

This would also be a nice first fragrance for your debutante :o)

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

I tried this at the perfume store as the tester strip was smelling dainty and oldfashioned but still somehow with a modern twist. It also reminded me of YSL Paris flowery notes. And the bottle is so beautiful.

However I did regret spraying it on my wrist as I was soon devoured by a powder monster. I do usually like powder notes but I guess it is for me a case of overapplication ruining powder's smoothening effect. The incredible dose of powder, soap and purple flowers (like synthetic violet or wisteria) unfortunately made it smell "screechy". It was completely linear in strength and notes, if anything changed it was still more powder. That was soon to much for me and after trying to like it for hours I finally washed it off. But it stayed on through the hand wash and only came off in the shower next day (still smells rather noticeably on the coat now two days later).
The late drydown was not bad so I could imagine if the strength was 1/20 of what I perceived on application it could be a nice "powder room" scent to make you feel pampered and feminine without being sensual or exclusive/snobbish. This is for extreme modern flower powder lovers!

amelieblue
amelieblue

Well, it's funny to see the differences between people's perceptions.. i would never say a man could wear this one, since for me it's very feminine and powdery.
I bought it without knowing the fragrance, based on online reviews and when i sniffed it on my wrists i tought immediately that i commited a mistake.
But since this is a very expensive fragrance and my mother did not like it,i decided to give it a try and i was surprised!!
It dries down to a very delicate, yet distinctive and full of personality smell, something like an expensive cosmetic a rich woman would wear..
It does not smell fruity at all. As i said, a powdery and floral smell. Very strong at the beginning, but delicate and special when it dries down.
Absolutely worth a try. It's sophisticated and different. Not like those now a day fragrances that are so sweet, fruity and common.

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

powdery soft light sense its nice for morning

qatarkind
qatarkind

For me it's powdery soft light floral scent and not sweet and men can wear it.
But for my Mom, it's like when you lying down under Mango tree in India and smelling green, natural, and soft breeze of mango tree's leafs.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Love! Love, love, love!
Receives great compliments.

Every time I wear this, I imagine a gorgeous, shy, quiet woman, hiding in the corner reading a book - ultimately going unnoticed. Then, she stands, and every eye in the room locks on her, snared by her stunning scent. Her hair is in a bun, she's wearing little make-up and reading glasses cover her crystal blue eyes, yet, you suddenly realize her knee-length skirt is tighter than normal, the v in her shirt plunges daringly, but she's wearing ballerina flats.

She's a stunner who isn't in your face until you really look at her.
That's Chloe Love to me. So very pretty and feminine.
Floral, clean and a little soapy - what I imagine a luxurious, expensive, French soap would smell like.

CozyCat
CozyCat

Chloe Love has its own demeanor...elegant, demure, idealist and aristocratic, yet also nostalgic, dreamy, warm and unpretentious...altogether making her quite distinctive and memorable. Far removed from sexy, not some romantic fool in love, but innocently sensual with some kind of virginal, 'ingénue' aura. Brimming with quiet strength and confidence, she feels no need to try and be anyone else, or blend with a particular crowd, she shines as is, with a non-contrived, innate classiness. I absolutely love it. Highly recommended for young women (young ladies to be more precise), why should the mature women get to have all the powdery floral fun...youngins want to smell like well-bred ladies too! Am I right? On a serious note though, this scent is ageless, it is for ladies from age 15 to 105. This is a modern take on the classic powdery floral right here. Excellent composition with dreamy sweet lilacs and other soft purple florals, a creamy, musky rice drydown and a pressed powder note...I also get abit of baby-shampoo, giving it a clean and comfy, innocent feel, and a teaspoon of good honey adds a subtle sweetness. I particularly love the drydown when it gets less powdery and more creamy with the beautiful rice note taking center stage. It should end up as a timeless classic some day. Fantastic longevity and sillage, and wearable all year round. Perfect.

Edited to add: If you have allergies and/or are prone to headaches, beware! I wore this while feeling a little under the weather one day, and the strong powderiness (which I actually like any other time) gave the most massive banging headache and made me want to hurl...luckily aspirin saved the day....will not be wearing this on 'sensitive' days.

chgitem
chgitem

Although I usually like rosy scents, this one has too much of rose in the opening, and after a while it becomes too powdery. Personally, I don't like it.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Bit old lady-ish. The powedery rose reminds me of 90's apostolic church ladies, however it's not overtly offensive.

nebbe
nebbe

Great longevity on me. It is linear and I get a lovely honey/pink pepper/soap. I typically dislike pepper, but here I like it! Lasted 8 hrs, then another 2 as a skin scent.
I can see myself wearing this spring and fall in the daytime. 2 sprays lasted all day. Could tire of it quickly if worn consecutively, but will take a proud place in my fragrance rotation.
Barely get florals, the main note for me is honey. I like!

Update:
I wear this once a week, at least. It is a great summer scent, which I had not anticipated. I actually like to dab this on from my mini bottle. I bought a FB, too, which has a spray but I have not used that yet. I wonder if the lack of powder I get from this fragrance has anything to do with dabbing vs. spraying...I suppose time will tell.

po
po

Love Chloe is a simply structured fragrance and easier to wear than I thought. Starts quite fresh with a burst of moist lilacs and the sweetness of orange blossom. Then it becomes increasingly powdery until the creamy drydown.

I expected to get bored with the overload of powder pretty soon but the fresh/green opening keeps it interesting. Has good sillage for the first few hours and lasts 8+ hours.

It really smells like loose makeup powder after the top notes fade and I find it quite comforting, would never be inappropriate. It is compared with Pour Femme by Bvlgari but although they are both powdery florals I don't agree; Love is less romantic, more dense and potent. Would wear it when in the mood for an effortlessly feminine perfume with a touch of glam that doesn't try to impress.

Moon86
Moon86

i just bought it by blind buy , I read some of the comments and purchased, and now regretted it looks like John Galliano which I hated

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

I have been searching for this scent for a few years now and didn't even know it! My favourite soap back in the day was the Camay in the black box. It was a muskier scent but still very clean. Then I fell in love with a bar of soap from Crabtree and Evelyn but they only had that same smell in the soap. Thus, began my quest. I needed to smell like that soap all the time! I came upon this at random as it was the only Chloe I hadn't yet sniffed as of late. When I sprayed it, I immediately began to feel nostalgic and couldn't stop smelling my arm. The scent stayed on my sweater for 2 days! I'm in LOVE and so glad I took a chance on it!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Hyacinth, lilac, iris and wisteria even! A deliberate choice of purple florals. Pleasant, sure. This is a "shout from the rooftop" floral and it shouts politeness. lol You won't find any sexy amber or comforting vanilla in here.

Let me ponder the floral appeal that other reviewers are gaga about. Although I'm not a fan of purple flowers, I am a fan of white florals. But I smell some florals and wonder whether a nun is following me. This is where I smelled florals the most growing up--on aging church ladies. So I think: Pristine. Really intent on seeming virginal.

Even though it may not be "me," I can admit that it is a quality perfume.

deda147
deda147

I really love this one. It reminds me of the hyacinths we used to have in our garden. Lovely creation, brings thoughts of romance and carefree moments forth. Quite unisex in my opinion. It's a tad sweeter and obviously more floral than Infusion d'Homme. I like that one, but it gets on my nerve after a while, but I can smell this one all day.

Ioli19
Ioli19

One of my loves! The lilac note stands out, and the rice makes the perfume smooth and cozy, the iris is prominent and it's really powdery and soapy,but fresh soapy! Ideal for all seasons, night and day, it gets compliments all around! Great longevity , on me 5 hours + something only achievable by a couple of perfumes. Silage is moderate,. I really think if soapy, powdery is your thing, you will love this one!

PAMELAIASTRUBNI
PAMELAIASTRUBNI

elegant, deep and feminine, a warm powder with a touch of floral.
the silage here is huge so as someone who lives in boiling whether i use it moderately.
not for everyone as it doesn't seen like the type of scent that is in fashion now, and yet it manages to stay relevant as a "modern vintage", i say give it a couple of tries "love" will grow on you.
the drydown of iris,musk and powder will just cuddle you in a soft romantic blanket.for me the name is spot on,love.

maltatude
maltatude

This is a powdery, dry-ish rose. Personally, I think this fragrances has it's place in a modern perfume collection. It's a classic smell.

I made the mistake of wearing it in the office one day - it made me feel sick. The only reason is that my nose is very sensitive and this is a complex, beautiful perfume, trying to concentrate on a horrible computer screen with this on is torture. My senses suffered. So please don't make that mistake if you're like me!

I'm a sucker for rose and this is a beautiful, long lasting fragrance which I adore. I can see the correlation people make with powder, talc, soap etc - Love Chloe is a classic scent, one that was popular and has been popular for a very long time and put into all kinds of beauty care products for a very long time.

She is worth a sample, definitely. Try a spray on the inner elbow and a spray on fabric near the wrist. It makes me feel classic, feminine and happy.

aristouka
aristouka

YES YES YES!
Every chloe perfume starts a bit old lady like smell but after half an hour "you are transfered" in a garden,sprintime, full of flowers the very first moments that sun starts caressing them full of humidity and liveness so divine, so ....
I am not a fun of floral perfumes but my nose tells me different when i smell those great perfumes!
The best floral perfumes in the market!....

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

I'm wearing it and I feel it really romantic and really mature. To me, Chloe Love is a sotiphicated perfume. I love it but it too strong for me

nikoleta1

Beautiful powdery floral, brings me back to the childhood in USSR when a face powder Rochelle was in use. It smells just like that. Sophisticated mature perfume with complexity and elegance. I hope the company will not reformulate this beauty as they like to mess up with good stuff))). Very recommended lady's fragrance with amazing longevity.

emilianods75
emilianods75

Sexy, femenine, sophisticated. Very floral but in a soft way. Powdery and sweet. Amazing lasting power. A must have scent for that date you are waiting for!

katushka37
katushka37

I got this scent for my mum yesterday (she is in her early 50's).
She tends to wear heavier scent so I though it would make a nice addition to her collection.
I would describe it as fresh purple floral, you get a bunch of spring flowers in this one but none of them are too strong or potent.

Hunny_Bunny09
Hunny_Bunny09

In the begging I didn't like it very much. I was thinking that it's too heavy and for someone older than me. But now with every day I like it more and more. It's classy and I'm feeling really like a lady :) Nice one.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

one of the few things i really liked recently is this new creation named chloè love ,very chic and feminine ,elegant and classy even for a young woman and why not even for an outrageous man .... ? soapy but not invading the room around you ,floral and powdery in the right way , i smell orange flower and hyacinth mixed in a sensual way .good longevity and proyection on skin ,i would also try the intense version i heard it smells less floral.....

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

I treated myself to sample from the young lady behind the counter thinking the packaging was for the Chloe Love Eau Florale but in fact it was this sample. My wee boy was with me and the first thing he said was 'Mummy something smells really nice', so thumbs up all ready for a young critic lol. This is a nice powdery scent & of course i love powdery perfume, really soap but nice, fresh also and really lasts on the skin so need for re-applying. All the purple flowers unite into a floral delight & the dry down just get's better as the hours roll by. I asked the lady to hunt out the Eau Florale sample but she had a good rummage through the drawer but sadly there was non left, boo! boo! so i guess that review is for another time. 10/10

shushkin
shushkin

I got hold of some testers to check this scent out. It is a very pretty and feminine perfume. Moderate longevity and sillage on my skin. Nice but thats about it. The lilac and iris dominate. I grow all these flowers and very familiar with their scent. Lilac has a rather headache inducing strong scent.Old fashioned floral.

Dino Napoleão
Dino Napoleão

In the opening I feel the pink pepper in great evidence, then gradually come the hyacinth along with an elegant and discreet iris, finishing with powdery notes and rice in the base. Good sillage, gradually it turns into a more intimate fragrance. Longevity is consistent with an EDP. A chic, mature and sober perfume. Top Raquel Zimmermann perfeclty corresponds to the soul of Chloé women in the ad, delivering a product conformable with its purpose.

This is actually funny but something in it reminds me of raw Turkish beans. I don't know what wisteria smells like, so maybe it's that or just the weird mixture of other notes together.
The perfume is floral and very powdery. The most powdery one I have smelt. And the musk makes it quite strong.
Suitable for sophisticated and confident woman, but not a tender office scent.
I am a little annoyed by this unexplainable bean scent, so I wouldn't wear it myself.

Soie
Soie

This has a lot of the notes featured in YSL Paris, including the spice note (which in Love, Chloe is derived from a note of wisteria) It's less rosy (though there is a scent of roses here from pink pepper) and much more violet/iris and powdery in aroma. They're not smell-alikes, to me, however, Love, Chloe is still quite reminiscent of Paris.

3/7/14 ETA: I am only now picking up on the note of rice. It is partially hidden by the powdery note, but after spraying the fragrance on the back of my hand and inhaling deeply several minutes after application, I began to notice something foody about the scent, which I hadn't noticed before.
Then, upon further inspection, and discerning the foody aroma as being mildly nutty in aspect, I realized with pleasant surprise that my nose was finally picking up the note of rice which is listed in the fragrance pyramid. It is, TMN, a scent of steamed rice rather than, say, rice powder, and it does add an interesting nuance to Love, Chloe

Eos
Eos

A stunning, soft bouquet of purple flowers.

This is a perfect marriage of the delicate powdery purple flowers (iris, violet and heliotrope) to the dewier, more voluptuous ones (hyacinth, lilac and wisteria). Smoothing the way for the marriage is a fluffy, dryer sheet musk and a lovely, almost tactile rice note (like the smell of the steam when you open a rice cooker).

The overall effect on the skin is a gentle, hyper-feminine floral powder. I don't get a lipstick like smell, but more of an old fashioned makeup/boudoir smell. This is classically beautiful but also very easy to wear. A signature scent for a true lady.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

It's very very pretty, and very very boring, for me. :-( The rice makes it dreamy and nostalgic.

It'll be one of those nice innocent fragrances that I'd wear to meet my boyfriend's parents, or to a baby shower.

almarie
almarie

Very pretty, but a more mature scent, no doubt.

I liked top notes very much, not a big surprise, as orange blossom and pink pepper have been always my favourite ones. Unfortunately, middle notes are 'too much of everything'. Looking at listed ingredients, that is not big surprise either. Hyacinth and iris together, plus heliotrope, lilac ... all such powerful flowers! This can't produce good result!
This fragrance is definitely for someone who likes mix of intense flowers. Not for me for sure.

lirael00
lirael00

O, I can smell rice and it's rather nice. At first the opening scared me, cause all I could smell was something similar too my bathroom cleaner, but after 15 minutes it has changed and I could smell green apples and finaly rice. And I liked it, cause it's not your typical lady perfume.
I have to agree that it does smell like soap, but definetly not the cheap one you get in a motel. More like the one you would get in a 5 star hotel (I presume). Overall, very clean and fresh fragrance.

willfulmissconduct
willfulmissconduct

Yes, there is that makeup vibe going on here. However, for me, it is not a clean smell. It is extremely choking and suffocating. Maybe if it were a bit lighter it would be great. Unfortunately, I get the same feeling with the "new" Chloe as well. It gets stronger as time goes on and becomes a headache inducing scrubber.

dooeypie
dooeypie

i thought i would like this!

i loved Infusion d'Iris L'Eau d'Iris Prada perfume - powdery clean soft. So after reading that Love, Chloe is v powdery and all, i decided to give this a go.

on first spray, Love, Chloe smells just like honey on me. I quite like it. But, after a few hours, it dries down to pure musk. if you enjoy pure musk scents, you would like this (: but i guess its not for me. i'd stick to my Prada powdery scents instead!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I obtained a wonderful gift set of Chloe Love. Personally I think it's ok but it's not an instant love affair. I think it might be slightly boring to me. I do absolutely get the face powder or vintage makeup smell from this. I don't really think I've ever had a love affair with any Chloe fragrances. Despite it going on light and airy it sticks with you. It seems to remain without change after an hour on my wrist. No particular transformation like some fragrances do. I can see how some noses might be asnomic to this scent but others around you can be overwhelmed. It's just one of those scents...I'd like to stress again the lasting power and silage. It's definitely got both. I put some on my wrist before bed and still smelled it in the morning.

SS79
SS79

Different then I remember... More musky than soapy soft.. on my skin reminds me of a lighter version of : Rykiel Womam. Has that sauna note lol... its still very nice and will be great fot the colder months :-)

EDIT: Okay hours later it is drying down to more of the baby powder kinda scent .. its quite lovely actually.. just wish it got there sooner! lol..

Elmyra

For girls that love Chanel 5 and Bvlgari Femme, id highly recommend this.

Elmyra

Intriguing. I find this frag extremely curious, and wonderful. Planning to buy it as soon as i have some $$ to spare.
This perfume contains almost all your 'purples' in its middle notes! I mean all your purple flower scents...i havent come across a fragrance that contains so many purples, and find this unique.
I have sampled this, for an entire day before, from a little 1.2 ml sample. Its long lasting, id prefer greater sillage, but all in all, a quality and great perfume. Very fresh and feminine at the same time. Very youthful yet mature and lady-like.
Id wear this to a wedding, or to a job interview...feels very 'pure' and very sophisticated, smells expensive.
And we all love that feeling dont we :)

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

Where is the violet among Love,Chloe's notes? Today is the second time I smell this perfume and just like the first one, what I feel is violet deodorant.

Said smell is not bad to me; in fact, it takes me back to the times when I was 11 years old, the times when a dear friend of my parents gave me a bottle of violet deodorant spray from England as a present. At that age, I had the habit of dousing myself in perfume every few minutes, making people around me to almost faint but I enjoyed it as a game, and with this deodorant wasn't the exception.

With Love, Chloe that smells returns to my memory and evolves exactly like I remembered: the same intensity, the same powdery feeling (surely the lilac and the iris noted above) and even the salty, sweaty skin whiff is there.

While I'm not sure that I would buy a bottle of Love, Chloe anytime soon, I'll be happy to know that whenever I sniff it, it'll take me by the hand along the lane of memories. :)

CherryKissesxxx
CherryKissesxxx

The opening notes took me by surprise - so strong and agressive! Then another surprise followed within 15 minutes - the middle notes and base notes are absolutely gorgeous. Soft, powdery and a lovely, gentle lilac. Longevity and projection are very good. 7 hours after putting it on I was still receiving compliments.

Thank God I didn't follow my initial temptation to wash it off! It's now my most complimented perfume!

yi.ying

I tried. But still I'm not able to love it.

I'm the one who wore it to work one year ago, and rush to washroom after an hours to clean my wrist coz I can't stand it anymore.

Having another try several day ago, suprisingly it's not killing me at the moment I put it on. And I like it.

However, I was wrong. It's turns out so wrong after half an hour and I really hate it, same as the way I did in 2012. Finally I knew why, nice initial notes but bad secondary notes and end notes.

The bottle is so lovely and the quality(sillage are good , the scent is quite concentrated--heavy maybe? and very long lasting)is good, but sorry I can't really find a way to love it.

ms.f
ms.f

I tried this the other day at the mall and it smelled so beautiful that I kept smelling my hand, it smelled very fresh, powdery like baby powder mixed with a flowery perfume, I just couldn't wait to buy it!

so I bought it and to my surprise I hated it so much that I wish I could take it back! for some reason it smelled so heavy and nothing like the one I smelled at the mall, perhaps the testers there are affected by the lights or storing conditions I just don't know! the new bottle smells very strong once sprayed although I just sprayed once and then it dries down to a heavy powdery smell, kinda smells like powder that's been stored for too long, it is actually very long lasting yet it's strong. I'll give it a second try in few days and we'll see.

selenehdez
selenehdez

Este perfume es bien lindo, si huele a un toque de talco, pero no como pensaba, para mi gusto es una mezcla con algo del bvlgari pour femme (la violeta, quizá) y talquito, y un no se qué que me gusta mucho, de este me gusto, que se asienta y no es abrumador, pero sí que dura y tiene presencia.

kirtylou
kirtylou

My least favorite of all the Chloe fragrances I have. I purchased a roller ball set that was on sale, mostly to try this and to get a roller ball size of my favorite, l'eau de chloe, for when I travel. Anyhow, I can see how this may be a good choice for a classic, sophisticated scent, but this one is not for me. It is very heavy and the floral notes are a bit cloying. The rice notes make me think of gerber rice cereal and it makes me feel like I spilled baby formula or baby food on me and tried to cover it up with a heavy floral perfume. Perhaps I will grow to appreciate it over time.

astarose
astarose

I have to spray only once and it Lasts all day.kind of strong soapy smell but it smells good if used sparingly

personagrata
personagrata

I would like only to assure you, as others have mentioned before, that this is very retro and romantic scent, it reminds me a little bit of eau premiere n5 chanel. Definetely not a sexy scent, but pure, chic, with a chic outfit and cheerful. For me , not for winter, but a winner for spring.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Love, Chloé opens with some green orange blossom and pepper, then soon is taken over by a soapy concoction of hyacinth and lilac. The soapy texture gradually subdues as the powdery iris slowly gets stronger. Although I do get the cosmetic powder comparison, the association with a flowery soap remains strong in my head. The rice on me is not that prominent, it only teases a little if I make an effort to trace it. Towards the later stage, it's a sweet musky floral skin scent, clean, gentle and soothing.

The sillage is relatively close on me and the longevity is around 10 hours. A feminine and elegant, soapy and powdery floral fragrance, especially if you're tired of white floral themed ones and want some purple flowers to change a bit.

Marylo
Marylo

A very very nice mild every day sent that cant offend people around you.It smells a little like soap but in a good way cause I dont like soapy smells but this one smells in the right way. I wear it daytime casual .LIKE :-)
The best part is its smells better and better for every hour ,this is longlasting

macheprofumo
macheprofumo

Like it. Unique - different scent, not other like it. Can and will wear it.

mahshid.khademi
mahshid.khademi

it was gorgeous on paper, elegant and feel feminine, But thanks God I tested it, too powdery on my skin.

vivika29
vivika29

Unbelievably gorgeous and passionate!
Couldn't stop sniffing my wrist.

cinsot
cinsot

An unexpected devilish pleasure with its provocative nostalgic charm; I can’t place Chloe Love’s origins in my memory, I think perhaps I have experienced this quaint aroma more in passing, a brief encounter from long ago.

A whimsical presentation of a long passed era’s dressing table box of tricks chock full of finely milled talc, powder and home-grown garden elixirs.

Chloe Love opens pointed and shaded green, before a haze of purple and pristine white blooms, and powdered musks seduce your senses with alarming glamour given the apparent powdery efflorescence one could associate with a conservative elderly care giver.

I believe herein lies the appeal of Chloe Love. Your mind conjures your nana in her Sunday best wearing sensible shoes yet simultaneously forces you to picture her as a vivacious young maiden standing infront of the dresser in her boudoir well before you knew her.

Chloe Love: moderate sensuality? I adore it.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

This may be the most elegant and outstanding fragrance I've tested among modern creations. No syrupy bubble-gummy sweetness. No cloying flowers. Very powdery but in a strong and characteristic way. I admire this.

mangocherry
mangocherry

A boring expensive but chemical smelling perfume which didn't really respond to my natural scent but just sat on top. Fresh and harmless enough to use at work. I didn't exactly dislike it and actually a few people at work said it smelled quite nice. I was just not excited by it. Put my bottle on ebay after a week of using it after blind buying.

Sup3rnal
Sup3rnal

I wanted to like this. I love the Chloe EDP and I thought any one of its family would smell just as fantastic.

However this was a bit too harsh for my liking. Upon the first spritz on my neck, I felt it was too overwhelming. It was strong and a bit obnoxious, at it was to me. I asked my boyfriend if he liked the smell, and he barely detected the scent.

I gave it another week til I tried it on again and I had the same reaction. It was strong and not something I could go all day wearing as I would feel nauseated along the way (no fault of the perfume, but I do get woozy if it's too strong).

The drydown is not that bad, though, but that was only after I spritzed on some fruity body spray to mask Love, Chloe.

All in all, if you are the kind of person who loves sweeter scents, something that is fruity or floral and on the subtle side, like me; then perhaps this isn't the perfume for you. It's not bad, just not my kind of scent.

lia78
lia78

why am I smelling balloons? This is such a beautiful floral and powdery fragrance but it also gives off a rubber balloon scent that is rather strong in the drydown. I'm torn with this one!

Monalisa1810
Monalisa1810

It is an amazing fragrance. Love from the first sniff :-) What was interesting and surprising for me - the fresh, green note at the end that in winter I was not happy about in this type of perfume somehow develops and adjusts to summer weather making the EDP useful also during warm days. Great. And lasts for many hours.

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

Love, Chloe is very powdery, in a French way. I am reminded of quintessential Parisian ladies, wearing kitten heels and silk scarves. It is quite sharp at the top, and that might be the orange blossom, but it dries down in ~20 minutes to a beautiful powdery floral scent that clings to [my] skin. My grandmothers never wore perfume so I never really know what people mean when they say 'grandma perfume' but I do feel that Love, Chloe is mature. I am 21, but I like the maturity it gives me, compared to my other (younger) fragrances like Chloe EDP (which every young girl is wearing these days). It is good for a work environment, as it is demure, and it makes for a good signature fragrance.

HAYTCH_CICI
HAYTCH_CICI

Strong womanly fragrance, rather expensive but worth it as it lasts really well, such a very sweet scent just wanted to bathe in it :)
May be to much for some depends on your tastes but for me just luxury. Every time i think of this fragrance i think of it as thick honey, enveloping and warm

red gloves
red gloves

Even though I'm very into powdery notes, this one is not for me :(

I almost ran to the drugstore to smell it, but on me, I can just smell something really heavy, too agressive for me, and I'm quite surprised about it!

(I think I can 'blame' musky notes here, because they develop into almost masculine fragrance on my skin!)

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

If you really love powdery floral s this is the fragrance for you.
I really love this soft yet strong perfume. It firstly opens as a clean powdery soft kinda lily of valley smell. Then the dry down of me is absolutely beautiful on me it has a soft powdery and slightly musky most perfumes dry down have an alcoholic smell afterwards.

It reminds me of an expensive lipstick or the expensive beauty department foundation. Warning the smallest amount is only required as it is strong don't want to give yourself an headache.

This is my favourite number one perfume second to J'adore EDT. J'adore has an funny alcoholic dry down.

Safira
Safira

Way back when... I loved the original Chloé, and although it's somewhat of a granny smell I kind of still like it. Then I smelled this one the other day, and kept smelling my hand where I'd sprayed it for the whole day - and I love it!

I do like powdery, soapy perfumes and this is very powdery - especially in the dry down. Just gorgeous! I can't believe I haven't noticed this fragrance before - it definitely going to be a new favourite. :)

The longevity is above average - that one spritz lasted the entire night even through a couple of hand washes. Sillage is pretty close to the skin, but still gives off a nice, clean smell for others to enjoy. And others do seem to enjoy it as I've had multible compliments when wearing it. :)

fragrancegirlie
fragrancegirlie

I LOVE this fragrance. The powdery dry down is my favorite part of the fragrance. It's quite strong so a spritz or 2 is enough. Because of this I save this scent for the cooler months. It lasts all day on me and it's sophisticated, chic and lovely.

I'm in the Light Floral Watery Notes school. The powdery boudoir feeling others got eludes me unless it's the barest suggestion of powdery vanilla in the base as it dries down hours later. Nice and pretty floral, not so sexy on me. Just nice.

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

Way too powdery, too musky, too hyacinth. Has to smell nice, but not on me. I am about to suffocate. :-/

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Like most everyone else has said, Love is a powdery floral. There's no getting around that. I usually love powdery and soapy scents, so I was excited to try this.

The launch features fresh, green, almost tangy notes spiked with pepper. It seemed like it took a while to ease down into the floral notes of lilac, hyacinth, and iris.

What started off as tanginess turned into sourness, and it lies underneath the powdery flowers throughout most of the wearing.

I like the fragrance better as the warmer, dustier notes appear (musk, rice). The basenotes unify the scent. If I had my way, Love would smell like its drydown the entire time.

I plan to give the rest of my sizable sample to a family member who loves Sung by Alfred Sung. Love, to me, is a softer, warmer, rounder version of Sung. I expect that she'll enjoy Love on days when she wants less of Sung's strength and sharpness.

melozberk
melozberk

I think what is making this perfume so special is the rice remains with dry down. So delicious. On me rice is more dominant than the powdery notes and I love it. Blends perfect with my skin.

Unlike the other Chloe perfumes, Love is not rosy at all. It is elegant with strong personality. Proper for day and night time. Seductive without meaning it. Gives a clean feeling as well.

I totally recommend the Eau de Perfume version, never too heavy, just perfectly long lasting.

After having finished two bottles, I am again craving for a new one to have it in the autumn. I guess I will never give up on this one.

sophia*rose
sophia*rose

Love, Chloe is such a special fragrance. For some reason it took ages for me to appreciate it.

I had a small sample of it at home, and because I had read so many great things about it, I couldn't wait to try it. My reaction was quite extreme -- I didn't just dislike it, I even hated it. Weeks went by, and every now and then I would get the sample out & spray it, hoping something had changed. But nope, my reaction stayed the same.

Then something happened, and I have no clue what happened to me in the year after that, but whatever it was must have happened quite drastically. By chance I tried it again at a store, and wow -- I was sooo amazed at how beautiful it was. I could smell lilac (one of my favorite flowers), and a creamy vanilla texture underneath. The powdery quality is definitely there, but I think there are so many other things going on in the scent that it won't be the first thing that comes to mind.

It's a very warm scent, so like others have mentioned, not necessarily for hot summer days/nights but defenitely very pleasant for spring, autumn and winter, any time of day. It's not a loud scent, but you will notice the warmth, so most likely you'll automatically figure out when you would like to wear it most.

Give it a chance - maybe, like me, you will like it in a couple years from now if you didn't like it today. xo

ADCout
ADCout

Love, Chloé, is a beautiful perfume, and in my opinion, one of the best designer releases since 2010.

Love can be described as a complex bouquet of purple flowers, with very powder and hints of musk. It has definitely a retro vibe.

And it's that retro vibe that makes it so special: it seems it took inspiration on older perfumes. And it's so romantic.

Romantic, I said. Not sexy. It's definitely not sexy. But it's romantic in the meaning that exudes innocence and purity.

It starts with a burst of iris and lilac, with some hints of pink pepper, which warm and spice it up a bit. But then it dries down into a big powdery bomb, full of rice, and hyacint. Again, the iris and lilac are always present in every stages of this perfume.

The longevity is excellent (8-12 h) and the sillage loud, everyone will notice you, especially in the first 3 hours.

I do believe this perfume, as said by other reviewers, can be either loved or hated. And it's pretty simple to know it: if you love big old-fashion kind of powder and flowers, you'll love it, if not, you'll hate it.

I also can understand that the powderness can be sometimes a bit overpowering, however, less is always more: be careful with the trigger!

The bottle itself is stunning with its class and simplicty, which reflects greatly the perfume inside.

I would use it in Winter, Fall and early Spring. It would be too much powder for Summer.

I guess I love Love.

sunnysaintstar

Love, Chloé was an immediate succes with me. I used it last summer fall and I finished a big bottle quite fast. I have a colection of perfumes but I couldn't stop using this one. It's a real flower perfume but definitley powdery, and because of that it stays quite long on skin.
It's innocent yet sexy, young but sophisticated.
You have to love flowers and musky or talcy perfumes, it's not for everyone but it's a very feminine and beautiful composition

sunnysaintstar

It's innocent yet sexy, young but sophisticated.

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

elegant bouquet of flowers.i like it . very classy

chezcerise
chezcerise

The bottle is pretty and simple. The smell is an acquired scent. You will either love it at first smell and appreciate it for its uniqueness or you will feel it's not your style. If you feel the latter more than the former, then I would suggest you try it again in a few months. It's a long lasting fragrance and for that reason alone it should be given a second chance. I for one can appreciate quality for my buck.
Me? I loved it at first spray and I still love it. It does have a soapy scent, but not one of those dish soap or bar soap scents, more like an elegant Parisian clean fragrance.

Sarrya
Sarrya

For some reason, I don't like this perfume at all. It smells flowery in a very old-fashioned way, someone compared it to floral scented soap, and I think that pretty much defines it perfectly. It smells very soapy and very "old", it's something I would imagine my grandmother wearing. It's a very cliche, powdery floral, there's nothing fresh about it, nothing that evokes actual flowers. It's just a typical, cheap, flowery soap smell.

b.w.1185
b.w.1185

This isn't my top favorite in my perfume collection but I do like it. It's very soft, not a "loud look-at-me" scent, and very classy. I'm not sure how to describe it other than that it smells like baby powder, but not in a cheap way. It reminds me of something I would've worn up at my old prep school in Connecticut.

polecat
polecat

I love, love, love this on paper but then I put it on my skin....what a disappointment! My skin takes that beautiful rice note and turns it into the smell of supermarket bought, microwaved falafel!

I honestly don't know how my chemistry turns a lovely, powdery, floral composition into a delicious middle eastern snack, but there you go. Such a shame because that lilac note is stunning. However, I just don't feel right walking around smelling of spicy chickpeas.

Ignoring my chemistry I you get a lot of lilac and iris, which is smooth, clean and musky. It develops nicely and lasts quite well.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

I really thought I would love Chloe Love, it sounded like something right up my alley for spring days. Powdery, soft florals with a musky base, and I really wanted the rice note to develop on my skin. When I initially spray Love I get a blast of floral powder and it really does remind me of how my grandmothers vanity used to smell. I loved going to her house and smelling the powders and lipsticks she used. If the scent stayed like this I wouldn't be excited about it but at least it's a pleasant smell. The rice and musky base never came through on my skin for me, instead Love dries down to Dial soap on my skin. Soapy clean scents are not my thing so a bottle of Chloe Love is not in my future. The scent is well constructed and sillage and longevity are both good. I'm sure on the right person this is lovely, just not for me.

Light floral musky fragrance.

This fragrance smells soapy enough: musk, rice, even talc... It's floral and powdery. But it also includes some lightness luckily that doesn't let it become too powdery dry. I would say that it smells clean also. And it reminds me tender floral soap scent.

Between floral notes I feel the hyacinth note most of all. If to imagine it without the powdery notes, it would smell natural enough. Also I feel the wisteria, orange blossom and iris notes nuances. The heliotrope note sweetness is also noticeable. I wouldn't say that the lilac note smells too natural here to feel it clearly.

The pink pepper note brings some sharpness to this fragrance, but the powdery notes almost hide it.

This perfume is nice enough, maybe even romantic, but luckily not too girlish. First I didn't like it, but it's not bad. Maybe I will even use it sometimes despite it's not my cup of tea.

lara.suzin
lara.suzin

Esse é definitivamente um perfume pra mim. Com notas bem claras e definidas do início até o fim.
Não consigo descrever tudo o que sinto quando eu uso (tanto em relação às notas, quanto aos sentimentos).
É apenas pra mim! Encontrei um perfume que "casa" com a química da minha pele, que se complementa com o meu cheiro natural! Tem durabilidade incrível e projeção absurda. É espumante, sensual, vintage e único. Tem poder de mudar repentinamente meu humor (assim como todos os meus perfumes, mas este me deixa feliz sempre).

This is definitely a perfume for me. With notes clear and well defined from the beginning to the end.
I can not describe everything I feel when I use (both in relation to the notes, as the feelings).
It's just me! I found a scent that "home" with the chemistry of my skin, which is complemented by my natural scent! It has incredible durability and absurd projection. It is sparkling, sensual, vintage and unique. Has the power to change my mood suddenly (like all my perfumes, but this always makes me happy).

Vera83
Vera83

I was searching so long for a vintage-lipstick-powder-smelling-fragrance, and here it is.
It's a very sophisticated and feminine scent, that can be worn everytime except in summer at hight temperatures maybe. Sillage and staying power are very good.
Smelling that beautiful composition of hyazinth, iris and lilac which goes together with rice and musk gives that vintage smell to me I think. love it.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

I do like the dry down. Love chloe has a interesting range of purple flowers. as notes including one of my favorite wisteria flower. Love chloe perfume smells similar to Sensuous by Estee Lauder perfume.

simonebel
simonebel

Love Chloe makes me feel like a rich and elegant woman. It's a lovely powdery floral with a vintage touch and good fixation.
Love it!!!

pisces3774
pisces3774

This has a lovely opening period - Iris-y, powdery. I swear I get a touch of violet, perhaps that's the heliotrope. But after about 30-45 minutes, it turns a bit harsh and sharp on my skin with a bit of a plastic note as well. If you're going for that smooth, violet-y and iris/powdery, go for Sonoma Scent Studio's Lieu Au Reves.

Gia85
Gia85

Very excited about Chloe Floral I bought ChloeLove .... I'm very disappointed, maybe my skin reacts badly to this fragrance but has too many notes all together and in the end turns out to be almost smell the stale smell of ... '50s, I was saddened

selinu
selinu

Horrible! Mix chloe and elie saab and add a lot of naphtaline... You get chloe love

minalistic
minalistic

Vey powdery, very sophisticated.
Luxurious is the word ! I just love it, gotta own it.

hollycat
hollycat

I was so anxious to try this perfume. Any perfume with a strong musk base entices me. And Oh how I love Sephora for their free samples.

So Im wearing this today. Im disappointed, its nothing that I expected. I dont get any musk, what I do get is a detergent like smell. Its really sharp and strong. And I get none of the infamous powdery notes. Odd.

To me it smells like a fruity floral. And I know there are no fruit notes listed in the compostion, but something smells fruity here. If I had to describe it quickly I'd say it smells like fruity, floral, laundry detergent.

chanceuxlilas

@shanghaifleur: I heard it from the fragrance manager at a department store I shop at and in turn, she heard it from the Coty (which owns Chloe, Prada, CK...) rep. She has been right before about other discontinued perfume--so a pretty reliable source.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

Lovely! What a catch. This a beautiful floral/powder scent that is capable of making you feel both pretty and sexy. Sillage is good; I put some on my hand around 10am and it's now almost 4pm (I can still smell it!). This is one of my best purchases in awhile. There's no way this can offend anyone; fresh, clean, beautiful.

chanceuxlilas

Beautiful, feminine scent that leaves a lovely trail behind without being annoying. The rice powder makes this perfume very unique as well and because of this note, Love, Chloe is neither a fresh powdery rosey sccent that Chloe is known for nor is it a heavy floral powder. If you're interested in unique, sophisticated perfumes, definitely pick this up soon because it will be discontinued in the very near future.

kwietok25
kwietok25

Waaau!!! What a beauty! I got it from my hubbie and instantly fell in love with it...Sexy, beautiful and really long lasting.
Getting compliments all the time when wearing it.

aytasha
aytasha

Love this perfume, a must have for me.

nikoleta1

Wonderful powdery smell, long lasting and classy, reminds me an grannys powder when i was growing up. Highly recommended.

bluemel
bluemel

In almost all have purple flowers.
impressive,powdery and long lasting

Maya.ArroyoBurton
Maya.ArroyoBurton

This has become my signature fragrance. Everytime i wear it people say I smell like i just got out of the shower. My nose picks up musk, iris, lilac and the powdery notes (all faves). It's definitely strong which I personally love. If you love strong, sweet, floral/powdery scents this is definitely the perfume for you!

starlight47
starlight47

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance!!

ajkeelty
ajkeelty

I love the lilac in this fragrance. Combined with the heliotrop it is magical. However the powder and musk are too much. They overwhelm my nose. I wanted to like this. I tried it a few times before deciding this one will not be joining my collection.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Do we always hurt the ones we Love? I dismissed this out of hand in summer; somebody poured too much talcum powder into freshly shined shoes and stepped on every flower in the garden.

In colder weather the paradoxically intense delicacy of Love, Chloe is magic, pure magic!~ Fine-spun sugar snowflakes, hand-crafted vintage lace lingerie--but the more modest kind--as much a function of feeling a wisp and dreamy while sitting languidly at the dressing table as the afterthought of seduction. The opening credits of the original Emmanuelle, certainly, but Love, Chloe's strange steamed rice note is full and impenetrable where most contemporary hyper-feminine vintage-inspired efforts are deliberately helpless, dully nostalgic. Love, Chloe is full of active memories unto the Proustian, and imagining Lagerfeld ever indulging such trad Francophilia (YSL was the one obsessed with Proust ...) has the house of Chloe as the clear inheritor to what Albertine might wear. This perfume completes the consistent, directional world of Chloe. A scent that at last matches the house it purports to represent.

Here's to using a comma in a perfume name and a bit of silly/clever wordplay. The flacon is too early 2000s--the cupcake trend that won't die and Sofia Coppola nonsense, but the box design is girly-minimal perfection of a wittier bent. And the pink motif reminds me that this is one of the few non-revolting uses of pink pepper, likely tempered by the gorgeous floral overdose and the genius synthetics and makeup accords. A lot is going on in Love, Chloe to my nose, but the sillage reads as simply pleasing--like an intricately made-up face but done in neutral tones.

This is a compliment magnet but is not always detected as being a perfume (somewhat skin scent), and thusly it seems to take that subliminal perfume mood altering power to an even subtler and sweeter level--soft focus on the edges and sharp focus to the center. Most repeated is "ah, soft," "that doesn't give me a headache but most perfumes do," etc. I'm not one for softies normally, but Love, Chloe is a bit of a performative softness, so entirely of woman that it's almost transgressive--doing the eternal feminine with a bit of artistic distance. Any fans of Ombre Rose and other gauzy early 80s classics could find something to love here as an update on that too overlooked genre.

glbn_86
glbn_86

At first it smells nice but soapy. By the time, you can feel the base notes and I really really love it!! it is unique and long lasting. If you like powdery and floral scent you will love it. In addition it is really a long lasting perfume.. Maybe at first you dont like it but wait for 40 min or 1 hour..then it becomes a great signature.

persefoni
persefoni

This is a very unique smell. I believe it belongs to the category love-it-or-hate-it.

In the summer it smells its best (on me), and has a clear honey undertone, that strangely isn't mentioned in the list above..

As said by other fragranticans before me, it also has a powdery feel. However, it doesn't remind of baby powder at all - it's a rather grown up powdery element.

The iris is beautiful, though rather disguised.

A scent that can easily become a signature, and cannot go unnoticed or be forgotten!

babylima
babylima

powdery, clean and soapy. reminds me of baby powder, but this smells more sophisticated and elegant. as well i adore the bottle. very very classy and unique.

Axum
Axum

Half the time Love, Chloe smells warm, sweet and easy. The other half of the time, it is cloying and metallic, and I cannot abide it.

I wish I could understand why this happens. I've noticed this changeability with many 'nude' or 'skin' scents (other examples: Narciso Rodriguez, Stella Nude).

Love, Chloe is a bit of a monster in terms of tenacity and sillage, so spray cautiously...it can fill up a room, and not necessarily in a good way.

aveilhe
aveilhe

I'm a little baffled by the official list of notes and by everyone else's reviews of Chloe Love. I was expecting an old-school, boudoir style powdery fragrance. Instead, Love comes across as a clean, fresh floral on me. Maybe my reaction stems from the fact that I have been testing a lot of vintage perfumes lately -- and they are true powder-bombs! Or perhaps the notion of "powdery" has changed over time?

On me, Love starts with a BIG citrus and pepper top note: very sharp, crisp, and fresh. It actually progresses in quite a linear way on my skin. The citrus remains prominent, but is joined by lilac and orange flower (I also smell rose). I have yet to experience this "powdery" dry down everyone speaks of (and I've tested it three times now). It does turn into a bit more of a delicate skin-scent after 2-3 hours, but I would call it more soapy/floral than powdery. I smell absolutely no talc or rice -- strange!

While it isn't quite what I expected, it is really lovely. Overall, it is very bright, feminine, and clean-smelling. Love is great perfume to apply right out of the shower when you just want to feel fresh and ladylike. I also think it is a perfect Spring scent!

Taliera

Love the opening, but don't like the drydown. It starts to smell like cinnamon, then descends into something that just reeks! Reeks class and sophistication - but still reeks! I had the same reaction to Chloe (original) so it must be something in the cocktail of essential oils. Otherwise - nice!

Plamka
Plamka

I like the dry-down of this perfume,its very delicate and romantic, while the opening is too sharp and sweet for my liking. This perfume is something i'd wear with knitted pullovers or cardigans, the smell is-as many of you pointed out- old school, reminds me of how my granny's powder and jewelry boxes smelled. Am i wrong to say this is a ...probably very very distant cousin of "My Insolence" but it does give me that vibe-of sweet powdery flowers. Yet, my favorite "powder" remain Guerlain's. "Love" is not going to be a favorite of mine, and i think it will work better for me in Autumn. There's smth nostalgic about it, i'd rather wear citrusy and optimistic scents in spring.
Edit: It turned out this is very easy to wear for me, especially in the days when nothing fits, i can just grab this and spray and it always seems right. It might become a favorite.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I've had this on my swap list, took it off, put it back on, took it off... I tested it today for the last time after using up about 1ml of the pretty 50ml bottle. (cute chain btw, good idea!)

You know when you like something because of.... what it is? I am enamored of anything Chloe or better, See by Chloe (which I can more easily afford). But I have to confess, I am forcing myself to LIKE this because it is Chloe. I was getting whiffs of it today at work (staying power is very good and projection is ok) and I was feeling a little nauseous because of it. I do not get the baby powder reference, to me this is all warm, soft floral and musk, with WAY too much lilac for my taste. The dryness of iris does not make it smell baby powdery to me as, let's say, Shalimar EdT (hmmmmmm). It has quality and originality, class even. But it is playing it too safe for me and even its fun 70s edge is not enough for me to love it. Sigghhh... too bad. I also find it very politically correct and not sexy at all. I kind of felt un-sexy wearing it. Asexual!

Liberty_Fizz
Liberty_Fizz

I think I found the perfect outfit for this perfume,a cashmere cardigan, pearl earrings, skirt and sheer tights, how pretty she is, Love Chloe!

As other reviewers have previously said, very expensive smelling.

I really get powder, and otherwise a very clean floral, can easily pick out notes, they are not in a blur, but come out one by one.

My favourite iris note ever!
I think love Chloe will become a classic, an ultimate "posh girl" perfume.

Can I also add, that I think this is a real pillow-smelling perfume!

Upon donning CHLOE LOVE, I was caught offguard. The scent was very familiar to me and I struggled to attach a name: was it BVLGARI POUR FEMME? Certain LOVE is a sweet and resinous floral, so I had to be close. Was it closer to Miller Harris COEUR DE FLEURS? After another couple of minutes, it suddenly dawned on me: LOVE is the cousin of FERRE edp, created by Pierre Bourdon.

The iris perfume for which Bourdon is far more famous is Frédéric Malle IRIS POUDRE, which is less fruity and more aldehydic than FERRE edp, but the similarity between the two is patent.

In the case of CHLOE LOVE, I find the similarity even more striking, and looking at the notes it becomes clear why: iris and rice. This unique combination, sweetened by fruit shines through the composition in both cases. I have to conclude that these cousins are just as close as are the two iris-centric perfumes!

I am pleasantly surprised by this creation. Of course, I love FERRE edp, so naturally I'm inclined to like any perfume which bears a close resemblance to it. The main difference which I find here is that the drydown has a muskier demeanor, but it seems to be rendered more textured by the "talcum powder" note. Really? The final result to my nose smells an awful lot like ambergris (not labdanum amber...). Rather than fruit, the sweetness of this composition appears to be imparted by heliotrope.

Now that I know how close LOVE is to FERRE edp, and precisely because it is slightly sweet but not fruity, I might consider adding a bottle of this creation to my collection, despite the fact that it is produced by Coty Prestige, which as far as I've seen (reading labels) adds BHT to all of its perfumes these days. I'm not in any hurry, though, as I have an ample supply of FERRE edp to fill my iris-rice needs for the foreseeable future.

CORCOR
CORCOR

Had this perfume and loved and adored it - smelt very like a baby powder but very expensive smell.

Had great sillage and got loads of compliments , I bought it from smelling in on someone and someone bought it from smelling it on me.

However I had it as my night out perfume and eneded up hating it after using about 5ml of a 50ml bottle and spending £50 on it - sold the rest on ebay, something about it I just went off it very quick and found it really heavy and breath taking and headachey - weird.

I have to add this is a very unique perfume - you would never mistake it for something else - I wish I liked it again.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

The opening scents were too peppery for me, however you'll get a hint of orange. The dry down is absolutely this clean, innocent, baby smell that is lovely on the skin. Whoever says it smells like johnsons baby powder, it sure does remind me of it but in a good kind of way. It lasts long too, i sprayed it last night around 9pm and i can still smell it on my arm 12 hours later.

sunnylike
sunnylike

The feeling I have for this parfum is the same as the name of it. Actually I got a sample several years ago and tried it. It smelled nice, I thought. But at that time I didn't think it was necessary to buy it. After several years, I have used several different parfums, but none of them could become my favourite one. Just one afternoon, I recalled a nice day in another city, and suddenly, I smelled this parfum in my memeory, YES, it's magic, I wore it at time in that city, and this smell connects me with my memory, none of the parfum could do it until now except Love. So I retried it and bought one bottle. Oh, I really love it!
It's distinct, classic, serious and the same time romantic and modern. It's like the old classic films, they are black-white, clean and without hightec, but no matter when u c it, they keep always their own way and remain to be classic forever!

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I received Chloe Love as a gift few months ago. IMO, this is like an old fashioned and bourgeois perfume. Makes me imagine a young lady from the 50's in her convertible with big sunglasses and a Hermes scarf on!.....

By saying old fashioned i don't mean "old lady" perfume, not at all, but rather a young very lady-like scent with a vintage aura...It's not sexy either, rather feminine but demure...

All in all, very powdery, but clean and peppery at the same time.

I use this only on occasions, and one spray is enough to last for hours. More than a spray makes my stomach cringe.

murasaki
murasaki

I totally love this brand, And love looks simply gorgeous.The fragrance is nice and fresh. Very sophisticated.

atiet97
atiet97

Chloe has and always been a CLASSIC BEIGE for me. As a color as well as a scent (if a scent could be converted to color). Judging the book from its cover, I think the advertorial's color scheme, the liquid and the design of the bottle really fits the image of this brand. For that, I give it a LIKES.

And to know her better, it's not that difficult. The first spray is the sum up of the whole journey. Implying: "Hi, my name is LOVE and I'm powdery!", from the top all the way to the drydown.

The first spray is soft and hardly to detect but in more minutes to come, it gradually intensified. The top has that powdery notes and some pink pepper. The pink pepper is noticeable and blended veeeeery smooth. The transition to the middle notes is so distinct. The mid somehow reminds me of Chloe EDP's tamer version. In this stage, it gets a bit medicinal, close to a clean powdery soapy scent. I got the florals, but not sure of which flowers, coz living in the tropic I've never had an experience of sniffing those purple-ish powdery flowers. From the mid to the dry down, the scent is quite linear on me. All in all, I think.... LOVE = a pink baby powder.

Unfortunately, I only have a small decant to spray...so, I did use it sparingly. Hmm, maybe that's one of the reasons why I never got that projection bomb or the famous killer sillage out of this perfume. It's such a different character compared to her sister Chloe EDP. If her sibling is the sunny, cheerful, bold but fleeting girly girl, LOVE is for sure the shy, romantic & nostalgic yet modern and more mature ones. They're both a very good re-interpretation of a classic beauty which never falls into the so-called "old/ grandma-ish" perfume. They're modern in their own way while still keeping their family's root.

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

So clean, so perfect, so innocent .. Like soapy but very innocent i am a honey-balmy kinda person but this one is so perfect i love it !

Nadia Albayati
Nadia Albayati

I tried it today and I continued shopping. An hour or so later There was this pleasant soapy, clean, delicate smell lingering from my wrist.. It's a lovely & easy to wear fragrance imo.

tabithacate
tabithacate

I am a floral lover, and a massive fan of Chloe Perfumes. But for some reason I really did not like this. I tested it in House Of Fraser on the card and my skin and it smelt like cheap penny sweets.
Such a shame! It looked so promising.

annettepe
annettepe

i think this perfume is okay. not necessarily my preference but it smells lovely on others. its very different from the chloe chloe and the l'eau de chloe which i do really like. i think this is very mature smelling and very powdery in the dry down. for the rest its just a sweet floral fragrance. very sophisticated and elegant, just not my taste.

cveti
cveti

my favorite perfume. flavor is classic, clean and suitable for any occasion

i love this fragrance.not only for it's composition,it reminds me the first days of my wedding.it was released then and we have been in paris.
i was testing this all the time.and i remember that i was sniffing my wrist during the day.
it is really romantic and soft.
i can imagine a young girl wears it but also a confident woman.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a very classy, formal perfume. It is very well blended although the iris is dominant it doesn't overpower the other flowers. The pepper also keeps it interesting as a spicy note. It lasts a long time but goes powder rather quickly -- probably the fault of the iris. It's also quite musky -- definitely try first if you dislike musk because the dry down is quite powerful. It lasts a really long time. It smells like a new classic, something you might put on your shelf next to your Chanel.

Mickey Tollerraine
Mickey Tollerraine

Yesterday I tried this perfume , Altough I was thinkin to buy regarding to the positive opinions here, unfortunately I found it very heavy . I think it is more proper for mature ages , special occasions, wearing elegant dresses with spikes, maybe wedding etc ,It is certainly not a daily perfume, not for casual costumes, office or short weekend trips.And it's not my kind.

Sunshine99
Sunshine99

I'm 22 but pretty new to fragrances. Anything too strong or heavy will end up feel like old-lady, men fragrances for me [ all Chanels T T]. It's kinda good though, because I want perfume that smell good even for those who didn't really use to perfumes, and this one is the one for me :D
It's pretty, sexy and at the same time innocent. Even if you didn't wear girly dress just wear this perfume, it screams feminine.
I saw some comments said it suits for young women, some said for older women. I suggest try it and see if it suits your character.
I'm kinda a childish kind of girl, this one makes me feel pretty,classy and most importantly, natural.
LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

Fortunately, I have found a fragrance my boyfriend is obsessed with. Unfortunately, it's the most expensive one I own D;

Much of what I have to say has already been said before. It is elegant, sexy and classy. It smells expensive, and a little goes a long way.

branda324
branda324

Just got it today and tried it. When I first sprayed it on, it was way too strong, too floral, too powdery. It was very loud and in my opinion not beautiful at all.
After about 15 minutes, it became a soft floral scent, a little bit powdery and I could smell the rice in it.
I'd say that I liked it then but it was still not my favorite. The first 15 minutes gave me a bad headache.
It helped me confirm that I am totally not a floral person. I like amber and woody scents much much more.
If you like strong floral scent, definitely try this out. If not, just stay away from it.

mmpopsicle
mmpopsicle

Absolutely adore this perfume. It is one of my favourites of all time! I just can't get enough of it. I find that it blends in really well with my skin too so maybe it's just that it's the perfect complement to my natural smell? I just love the combination of the old fashioned notes and the modern sweet notes. Love love love. I'm 21 years old and this makes it the perfect fragrance for me as I am still youthful but also becoming more adult. It's safe to say I'm obsessed.

s_athena
s_athena

I'm so sad this didn't work for me. I loved the scent I got putting my nose up close to my wrist - lilac, pink pepper, powdery iris, and even the powdery rice notes and soapy accord at the top were great. What killed the experience for me was the WHITE MUSK, and heavy doses of it. When my nose wasn't up close, the only trace of the perfume I could smell was that damn musk when it wafted up now and again. On my skin white musk turns into a bizarre synthetic body odor smell - clean like laundry, but hairy and, to my nose, very masculine. It's the same problem I had with NR for Her, another perfume HEAVY on the musk. White musk in large doses gives me a headache and makes me smell like my father's aerosol deodorant. And the last thing I want to smell in my perfumes is my father fresh from the shower.

I really wanted to like it, but it seems not to like me.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

So feminine and delicate smell , but with a great longevity . Superb !!!! Just superb :)
I can smell a perfect blend of liliac flower,musk and rice .
Aristocrat smell .

pbluberry
pbluberry

I love this, the lasting power is unbelievable. It can smell grannyish on some people. It smells like baby powder and incense but in a good way. It has a very sweet smell, smells great on the body but awful on cloths. It has a really sweet jordan almond smell for some reason. Smells really different on skin and fabric for some reason.

siying.hong
siying.hong

For my nose, the powdery trail is way too strong, smells synthetic also. smelling this for too long makes me feel sick.

opinion of my nose haha (: but still, i have to say, it is a unique scent, dun think i have smelled other perfumes from other brands similar to this.

milkyway
milkyway

It's really hard to write a review for this one.
It's a floral musc alright, with a hint of powder. Nevertheless, I feel that the composition is done in some strange way- the top and middle notes are the other way around. The lilac, wisteria and hyacinth are all quite potent, they all also compliment musc greatly, making it even more prominent. Apart from this, the flowers lose any personality.
Finally, pink pepper and powder were thrown in to warm up the composition,and rose to give it some earthy sweetness(lacking in all the soapiness), Even these attempts to warm up the composition are defeated by power musc.
I appreciate it on other people, but would never get it for myself, It's a 'needy' fragrance- you really must look your best when wearing it and preferably be carrying a glass of champagne in your manicured fingers.

seetasaad
seetasaad

When I wear this, I just feel Elegant, Magnificent with a soft touch of Innocence .. I am In Love with it ..

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I've tested Chloe Love twice now and have decided I just don't like it! Yes, it's 'innocent' and clean smelling but it's soooooooo soapy on my skin. At first it just smells like a concentrated, high quality (maybe French triple milled!) soap, which is pleasant enough, but that soapiness is relentless and almost overpowering to my nose. In fact, it almost makes my nostrils burn because it's so intense! It pretty much stays like that on my skin all the way through and I actually started to find it really irritating after a couple of hours or so! In fact, I tested about 5 or 6 other perfumes and Chloe Love totally overwhelmed them all.

Despite the fact that ordinarily I quite enjoy clean smelling, soapy(ish) perfumes, Chloe Love is just way too soapy for my liking. Also, I see that it has lilac in it, which I adore, yet I can't even get a micro whiff of that in this perfume ... how disappointing! So, all in all, I think this isn't anything to get excited about and, for what it is, it's too expensive and there are perfumes in the same price bracket, or much cheaper, that smell much better.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

A very beautiful perfume that opens up with spicy and transparent citrus that puts me in a good mood immediately. It's like that first "zing" you get in your tummy when you fall in love. For me the flowers take the main stand, hyacinth and lilac being the dominant ones. The base is powdery, leaving a coat of sweet yumminess that feels like I could almost bite into it. Wonderfully composed, beautifully packaged, and perfectly named. From the bright, zesty opening to the heart that reminds me of spring and the dry down that wraps around me like a soft, cozy shawl... this is surely the fragrance of Love.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

This is the perfume that I wear when I want to be the HBIC, the girl who has it all - the corner office, the Benz, the perfectly manicured nails, the hair extensions, the Russian Red lips, the David Yurman jewelry, the Henri Bendel handbag, and your ex-boyfriend. It projects confidence, class, wealth, and well, as one reviewer put it, b**chiness. Chloe Love is the kind of girl that will mow you down like Lindsay Lohan in the parking lot and get out only to check her S Class for damage.

Like Chloe's signature perfume, this one is obsessively floral, soapy and clean, unmistakably feminine, strong, and packs a serious punch with the longevity and sillage. Go easy on her or she'll stomp all over you with her 4-inch Louboutin heels. I wouldn't dare wear this in the summer or in humid weather unless I want to choke everyone around me.

This perfume demands attention. Take her to a casual event and she'll be as out of place as Sophia Loren at a 4-H fair. Don't even think of wearing it with sweatpants and an old T, this one deserves a power suit.

Taliera

A question for y'al - do you think this is going to be a keeper or will it be taken off the market in the future? I love this scent, but I won't buy flankers. LOVELY SCENT by the way... Different to Chloe and really feminine and sophisticated.

Aha Fragrance
Aha Fragrance

This is an beautiful favourite of mine.....clean, powdery, sexy skin scent on me. The pink pepper leaves a wonderful delicate spice on my skin for hours afterwards. I've received tons of compliments while wearing this and the first question before the compliment is always "What are you wearing?"

It's a very classy and elegant fragrance and so unlike many of the perfumes that are out there now. I feel very feminine wearing it during the day and at the risk of sounding corny, at night I feel like it's the only thing I need to wear to bed, it's so sensual.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Chloe Love is way too floral and soapy for my taste, however if you like clean scents you may like this fragrance.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

This smells like Dove deodorant!

It's lilac overload! I receive compliments without fail, every time I wear it.
This is a very musky, powdery, sweet, clean scent. Very long lasting and the bottle is beautiful too.

Smells posh, I like this a lot.

CocoLaurent
CocoLaurent

I prefer this to the 'Chloe' scent which was released before it. This smells more powdery and classy, so beautiful!

joybee88
joybee88

I can't tell that the main notes are floral. Like other Chloe perfumes, this one is powdery, elegant, and very clean. To me it smells like very expensive soap (although to be fair, most of the elegant, classy fragrances smell like posh soap)

Comfortable, pleasant, wearable by every girl. And definitely will be worn by many this year.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

This is a great scent especially for Spring. Initially I smell a very large bouquet of flowers, I smell some honey, there is some sweetness to it, but honey is not listed here at all. The florals at times feel overwhelming at first but the dry down a soft floral powdery scent which is very nice. This is not my typical scent but the dry down made me buy it. It's a lasting scent also.

verzosa
verzosa

Elegance in a bottle. Very gentle, unmistakable, and unoffensive. Quite but unforgettable.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I sampled this the other day-it starts out with orange blossom which is normally not my favorite and almost a little green but shortly after it fades away into iris and soft powder scent and it remains that way until the end. This reminds me of powder my mom used to wear when I was a kid, except Love also has a hint of florals along with it. Its a soft scent that lays very close to your skin but it does last longer than I expected. One spray got me about 3 hours before it faded away. I don't see this as young girl's scent, I can picture elegant older woman wearing this. I don't care for these types of scents personally but its nice if you are into softly powdery scents

Jellybean
Jellybean

One beautiful delicate scent:) Soft powdery florals with rice and touch of musk. Dries down to a clean scent.
It makes me melt, definitely suits the name. Something vintage about this one too. Gentle, pleasant and totally adorable!
Excellent lasting power for such a soft scent, over 12 hours:)

lizascarlet
lizascarlet

Nice wear before go to bed,,

Whit
Whit

I normally stay away from anything that is strictly floral, but this is nice. Evidently, the notes in this go with my body chemistry, hence the reason I shy away from heavy florals. This is romantic and ethereal to me, though I would probably wear it in the fall and spring only. I do detect some spice in the dry down, but not much. It is a little on the soapy side, reminding me of Infusion d'Iris, without the woods. I'm glad this doesn't do anything weird on my skin like most floral frags do. It's very feminine, elegant and unique as well.

Macassar
Macassar

Beautiful iris fragance with a touch of Lilac and heliotrope , powdery in the good way , elegant ...just beautiful

juri cela
juri cela

I'm "Truly Madly Deeply" in love with LOVE...UNIQUE

jamie.smith
jamie.smith

Un-Sexy? I don't think so.

On me, this is very floral, with a dash of spice and a heap of honey and powder. The floral notes are bright and 'tickly', if that makes sense. One's enjoyment of this scent depends heavily on what kind of body chemistry they have, as I have read some reviews that call it soapy and old-lady, but that's not what I get from this. It's not the least bit soapy on me, which is why I love it. The floral notes themselves are well rounded, then there's the powder and spice combination. They are very segregated in this scent, but don't create an unpleasant effect. I don't really get 'fresh' from this either. It smells very sensual and edgy but is grounded in classicality. It's a statement fragrance, but subtle, not reductive at all like some florals. I think it's safe to say that this is one of my all-time favorites.

Majesty
Majesty

Having bought my first pair of See by Chloe pumps,I thought I should try their perfumes too!Their latest add,Love, starts with powdery lilac and steamy rice which strongly reminds of clean baby skin!!The opening is just fabulous and unique!After a while I can't get the rice note,but I do smell strong violet,maybe too strong..That's what I didn't like in this one..It started so gentle and ended a violet powder bomb..Overall,it is unique and worth trying.Very good lasting power.

LLL3
LLL3

I was entranced by the idea of getting this as my wedding scent. I love other Chloe scents and this, I assumed, would be a classic, romantic scent (I mean, come on, LOVE). Um, no! This smells like candy to me...almost like the taste of Nerds, if that makes sense. A little crispy and fruity but mixed in with floral tones (mostly a musky sort of rose, not any of the other flowers listed) and followed by a powdery, cosmetic fragrance. The lasting power was decent but I think this is overpriced and is definitely getting crossed of my list. It's not terrible but its far from classic.

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 10/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Overall: 10/10

Purity. Elegance. Naked skin. What can I say about this masterpiece? Love is the embodiment of refinement, of teacups and silk in a society of slathered lipstick and miniskirts. Love is undressing for bed, and beneath your clothes and jewelry lies your perfume. Understated elegance is the mantra here, nothing loud and everything intimate; Love is not for the woman who needs to make a grand appearance, but rather for she who knows that beauty lies in simplicity.

A gorgeous tincture of lilac and rice, touched by pink pepper and florals. If there is a perfume of warm shower-fresh skin, it's this. Love is the scent of a body, an image augmented by the peach color of the juice and the gold brass of the bottle. The wisteria blends beautiful with the rice and lilacs, while the pink pepper highlights it just so slightly.

Fans of Guerlain's Shalimar and Chanel No. 5 will find this attractive though they aren't in the same family. Some similar perfumes are Tresor (Lancome) and Burberry Body. As it dries down the rice and musk become softer and the florals remain, a delicate balance of iris and lilac. In my opinion the rice completes the whole picture. The musk alone is pretty but the rice takes the cake on this one. Overall, impressive.

Olefact
Olefact

The somewhat understated bottle got me curious, but a single whiff brought on an immediate sense of disappointment. A cheap smelling perfume hiding behind a talc note. Don't be fooled. The copper based bottle and its flesh toned liquid belie a supermarket shampoo scent made all the more annoying by the addition of "masking" rice flower and powder notes.

SYLeung
SYLeung

Suitable for teenagers who have a dating with handsome boys. I found my son's violin teacher, 13yrs younger than me. He loves to smell it n likes to leave school with me.

ivisol88
ivisol88

This scent is so fresh yet floral and hopelessly romantic! Simply devine and I cannot wait to buy it!

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

When I think of Chloe Love, an image that comes to mind is a gorgeous long floaty dress made of light transparent layers of blush, rose and mauve chiffon silk… the dress moves in the wind and forms a delicate floating trail….. this fragrance evokes a similar feeling -- it's soft, clean, romantic and undeniably luxurious.

Mushana
Mushana

This says "I'm just too classy for myself"....very mature and sophisticated fragrance. I like what the rice does for the dry down :-)

goingblonde
goingblonde

Wow,

this was a big disapointment-

I see alot of people love it-

and no offense ,

relate it to a musty old closet or attic that someone has sprayed cheap Rose air freshner to try and cover the musty odor-

dannysmom
dannysmom

I got a pack with two minis- chloe chloe edp and chloe love. Chloe chloe edp is wonderful and I can't wait to buy a bottle. This one is not working for me at all.

On my skin, it smells like I took dishwashing liquid and mixed it with water from a chlorinated pool. I get no sweetness; only a clean, chemical-type smell. It's not horrible, but not what I'm looking for in a perfume. Try before you buy.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

At first I thought this too young and girly, so when I recieved my sample I didn't give it a fair chance... i just immediately rushed to what I know I love and that is amber and spice... so I purchased a full bottle of the intense. I still do love the intense... but I have now gone back to my original chloe love sample.... and I'm not sure but I may now love it more than the intense version. It basically smells the same as the intense only minus some amber ... really even the spices in comparison seam similar..... and I love amber but what I dont love is that it seems to tame a perfume.... kill the sillage, aka, keep it close to the skin.... I'm sorry I do like perfume that is close to the skin.... but a little projection is nice as well. On second hand.... everytime I where Chloe Intense I get compliments... usually from those standing next to me... not with their noses burried in my neck, so i guess intense must have a stronger projection than I can tell .... but the original, without a doubt has much better projection.... I think I'd still like to keep intense.. but now intstead of stocking up on another bottle of the same, I will rather purchase the original :)

I'd like to add that I do still think the original is somewhat young even though powdery. Young but wise, maybe she is young with an old soul :)... and reminds me nothing of 80's perfumes... it's not loud or in your face or to overt in any way... it's very well mannered, just lovely.... I'd say it reminds me more of perfumes from the 50's... it's really quite classy

Both last a full 8 hours or more on me........ sometimes I like to just spray on my wri8ts and no where else... then every time I'm at work and answer the phone .... or begin to type or move my hand in any way.. I get a glorious whiff of this spicey sweet powder... my heart goes a flutter

edit - after purchasing a full size bottle and wearing for a bit, I now have much love for Chloe love. It's absolutely gorgeous, sexy, feminine. And the sillage is better than I thought, I recieve compliments continuously After applying I went to the dentist office (2 hours later) went up to the receptionist and before I could reach the counter... she had complimented my perfume and asked what it was :).

Perfect innofensive for work, sexy enough for play, but not too sexy.. rare to find such interesting and high quality perfume that isn't to loud or too sexy for work as well :) I do tend to save the intense of off work hours

To comment below, if you find this too heavy during summer months, you might like Ellen Tracy's 'Bronze'

lastly, this is just so damn prety and well done, I cant help but to be happy when I wear it. And it lasts all day, at work if I forget about it.. all I need to do is reach for my pen, or turn and open my drawer to my desk and there it is... mmmmmmmmmmm ahhhhh :)

Idhren
Idhren

I have such mixed feeling about this scent. I first loved it to death, so i bought it, that was late Summer. When the Autumn arrived it started to feel heavy and heady on me, giving me a headache even. Haven't been able to wear it since. So weird. Let's see what happens when Summer's back again...

But I agree, it is indeed very classic and sophisticated, allthough that seems to mean headaches for me. It stays on well too. I recently found a new burning love in L'eau de Chloe, which is somewhat similar, but more fresh and delicate. I hope it won't start giving me headaches too.

Amberrose
Amberrose

This is a gorgeous perfume,very soft and feminine.I can imagine any age wearing this,girl or woman as its sophisticated but sweet.My favorite from the Chloes and lasting power is quite good.

Ladymom59
Ladymom59

I just have a few hours enjoying this perfume as a Mother’s Day present, and I am in love...forever! It is vintage, glorious, classy, elegant, chic, violet and very, very clean. What a wonderful job! It will become a classic and a signature fragrance of a lot of powerful and confident women. A constellation would be named after this beauty!

sweetjen
sweetjen

There is definitely something vintage about this one. I personally "LOVE" it!!! The drydown is ADORABLE, and this one actually lasts!! YIPEE!!

lara0905

Elegance, sophistication, glamour and courage..

Chloe Love is a brilliant, rich perfume with Her vintage feelings.Nostalgic,luxurious purple floral presentation, soft, powdery fragments from the 70's.
The sweet violet really stands out in this fragrance, the hyacinth, iris, musk and rice powder paired perfectly with it, they gives depht,smoothness, character and a modern, sexy twist to the scent.
It's true: She's could be very heady and cloying if overapplied, but with light hand she's a sweet kitty.:)

As I am a purple( and violet;) note lover, I adore Chloe Love! I just can't get enough!:)It's seems my love doesn't calm down for Love..:)

Soft, romantic,daring and classy perfume.For confident ladies only!;)

LesleyA
LesleyA

Good GRIEF this scent is addictive! I actually crave it. I love getting whiffs of myself throughout the day. Makes me happy. :)

hunterblu
hunterblu

Divine! Absolutely heavenly...for the last year or so Prada's Infusion d'Iris line has been my signature and out of fear that I will end up hating one or all of them, do to over exposure, I have been experimenting with layering and guess what merges perfectly with Prada Infusion d'Homme? Yep, Chloe Love. Doesn't quite work as well with the other d'Iris' though.

There is something so right about the combination of Pink Pepper, Iris, Heliotrop, Lilac, Hyacinth, Wisteria and Rice notes. Yes, this fragrance is fairly feminin and I am a 6'4", 30 year old male, but do I care? No way. If I like the way something smells I will wear it with complete confidence. Just because a fume has a name followed by "pour Homme" or "pour Femme" should NOT mean that it is specific to only one gender. But enough of my mini rant (I just hope that anyone who reads this and has ever wanted to wear a fragrance that they felt wasn't appropriate purely because of their gender takes inspiration and finds the courage to go ahead and flaunt whatever it is that is tickling their fancy that day. I DO get many compliments from both genders while wearing Chloe Love, Prada Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum and dSquared's She Wood for that matter!)

Anyways, back to Love...the bottle is simply stunning (careful though, the chain holding the cap on is weak and snaps easily), the color of the juice fits perfectly with the overall feel, even though it is very much a purple flowers fragrance. At first smell I get a strong pink pepper and hyacinth which then gives way to orange blossom and lilac after the first few minutes. About 20 - 30 minutes in it has fully formed on me and I am still smelling pink pepper, hyacinth and lilac but they are now all cushioned on a very soft bed of powdery and sweet iris, heliotrope and musk. I don't know if I have ever smelled rice notes in a perfum before but it is most deffinately here. Not only can you smell it but I can't help but feel it is a very important component to the overall presentation of Chloe Love. This is truly beautiful on it's own and makes for a interesting and exciting twist on my signature Prada Iris. If you have both at home I encourage you to play with them both.

fleurdelis44
fleurdelis44

I've always liked "powdery" in theory--it evokes more vintage, composed authenticity than juicier effusions signifying manufactured sexiness. However, I must say that this frag tests that theory. I could not bear the first 20 mins of this one--piercing, sneeze-inducing powders mixed with something that smells like a pickle jar. The first time I sprayed it I thought this was a sure miss.

However, when the purple flower notes fade, this turns into literally the most perfect scent I have ever experienced in perfume form. It's a dusty, dusky whisper scent, reminding me of the steam that rises from a bowl of pearly jasmine rice. It is clean, intimate, and actually smells natural--like it's the body's own scent. A brush with this frag at its zenith is like being taken into the confidence of a deeply private woman.

Sissi
Sissi

Metamorphosis in a Bottle "how a caterpillar turned into
a butterfly" In this case How Gravel turns into Silk,
Love Opens Harsh with a Blast of Orange Flower and Pink
Pepper Underpinning starts it off a little Boozy and sharp, As Love dries the scent turns Silky smooth and supple Like Second Skin Heliotrope Come Steeping though Giving Love a Vanillic Sweetness, Lilac is Subtle but Noticeable As Love Nears it's ending
Musk Opens bringing with it an air of Animalistic
Touch Iris Gives it a Cold Metallic Tinge,
hat i can Pick up The Note of Leather I Do Notice a Good deal of it to my Nose I Do Notice a Good deal
of it to my Nose Dominating but not Cloying The Leather
brings out a good Base in this Fragrance,

Rice gives the Scent an Avant Gardness Just Picture White Rice
Floating on Glossy Black Leather,
The Bottle may look simple but the Notes are a Work
of Art.

pamperqueen0000
pamperqueen0000

So chic, very feminine, very retro. Perfect.

domylan
domylan

The most charming frag. I've ever had in my life!

Abbie8142
Abbie8142

I love this perfume. Very wintery and comforting. I have been told it is very strong so one squirt on the back of my neck is usually enough. Staying power will last all day but will fade by evening. The classic bottle is absolutely beautiful though the thin chain will snap very fast if you grab it while you are in a hurry. This perfume is very elegant and chic, it will defiantly be one of my classics

yi.ying

I wore this to work today, and yuck...
after 30mins, I feel sick N rush into the toilet to clean my wrist with soap... ==
I bought a miniature of it thru web coz I love the bottol so much, it's pretty!
There were many of +ve review here N because I love Chloe by Chloe so much, so I think this 1 might be good on me...
The 1st tought I received it I was disappoint, N after I use it on me what I can say is just YUCK!! It's smell sharp n oversoapy N made me dizzy...

tuba
tuba

It has just become 5 days since I start to use it but I fell in love with Chloe Love. It is soft, elegant, powdery and innocent. All day I want to smell this perfume. From now on I think this will be my signature fragrance.

yi.ying

I don't like it. totally disappointed as I'm a Chloe fans and I love Chloe by Chloe so much...
smell so so as and can be usually found everywhere. The only good things is the bottol is pretty.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

:S I think I thought I liked this at one point... I must have been insane. It smells just like something I'd use to clean the bathroom! Terrible, no personality, long-lasting in the WORST way, old-fashioned, and NOT sexy!!!

marrojas
marrojas

Brilliant! One of the few perfumes with rice in the notes...

malex30
malex30

I love this perfume, It's defiantly my favourite. The scent is so elegant and last for a few days on me.

Just love it!
Shame its expensive

gaeliclass
gaeliclass

Doesn't last very long. Too soft and sweet for me. I like a deep layered scent with vanilla's, powder, spices and gourmand leanings. Something deep and sensual. This just didn't do it for me.

I'm still mourning the loss of Casmir. I do like flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolfe, but again, it just doesn't go where I need it to go. Still hunting.

Pbeschi
Pbeschi

I FINALLY got it! It's such a nice perfume! It is smart and very unique without being strange,quite the opposite: it's comforting like a mom's hug. Smells clean and sophisticated and it is not cloying so it can be used both in winter and (but I would say at night or for a special event) summer. I have finally found a perfume that smells elegant without that annoying vanilla (see Dolce and Gabbana The One and Dior HP and so on...). On my skin the violet stands out a lot and I usually don't like flower group perfumes. But the powder in this one makes it adorable: young and fancy! Good staying power and sillage and wears close to the skin after a while. It's a winner! 10/10 PS: the bottle is amazing!
EDIT: tried in summer too and it is great (day and night)

Finalmente l'ho preso! E' un profumo così buono ed educato! E' elegante e unico senza sforare nella stranezza,direi l'opposto: è rassicurante come l'abbraccio della mamma.Sa di pulito ed è sofisticato senza essere nauseante, quindi credo si possa usare sia d'inverno che (con l'accortezza di usarlo la sera o per occasioni speciali) d'estate. Ho finalmente tovato un profumo elegante che non sappia di vaniglia (vedi The One e HP di Dior e via dicendo). Sulla mia pelle si sente tantissimo la violetta. Di solito non mi piacciono i profumi fioriti, anzi, ma la cipria di Love di Chloe lo rende adorabile: giovane e chic! Ha una buona persistenza e un buon sillage. E' comunque un profumo che si sente quando si è abbastanza vicini alla persona che lo indossa, soprattutto dopo un po' di tempo che lo si è spruzzato. Per me è un vincente, do 10 su 10! PS: la bottiglia è meravigliosa!
EDIT:ottimo anche d'estate, giorno e notte!

Profumata
Profumata

Powdery, even soapy. Very soft and comforting, like wearing a soft, luxurious sweater. There's nothing aggressive or sharp about Love Chloé. Is it boring? No, the powderiness makes it unique.

The bottle is beautiful, and I only recently realised that it looks like a flask of liquor, the ones that you might carry in your breast pocket or purse. Great idea.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

so young and whimsical...yet also an old fashioned english garden girl scent!
lilacs, beautiful purple lilacs with their fuzzy sensual summery scent
toned down by powdery sueded iris and a cotton white musk.
thanks again to my fragrantican soulmate
for the lovely coffret of this beauty.

aschiffm
aschiffm

stays very close to the skin, not at all the outlandish presence of the signature chloe eau de parfum which i love so much more than Chloe Love. chloe love is by contrast sophisticated, natural and soft. it's a glassy floral, slight grain smell. i prefer the other chloe's that pack more of a punch and are more fun and wild, but chloe love still is a nice smell even though for some reason it makes me feel kind of nauseous and gives me a headache.

sparkybish
sparkybish

For my nose, the rose definitely sticks out, along with a creamy powder that keeps the rose from being brash. It also reminds me of something from the early 90s. Perhaps a perfume or even a rose water. It is nostalgic, bold, but soft, and right up my alley.

HUEbris
HUEbris

as its name, Everyone could be love this smell.

chanchita
chanchita

I bought this bottle purely based on its name in a helpless romantic moment! It's a very nice frag but not great on me. I think the hyacinth reminds me too much of my grandma... she's lovely but I don't want to smell like her window sill does in April!

zmk
zmk

I love wearing Chloe Love perfume after taking a shower at night. It's the only perfume that gives me a good nights sleep. I love it so much that it stays the same smell even after 2days, the scent doesn't change on my skin. I feel fresh all day.
Other perfumes smell wonderful when you apply them first, then it evolves to this different scent which is, your'e lucky if it still pleases your sense of smell. Well this perfume is true to me since the start. LOVE Love it!!!!

Soft and elegant every-day-scent. Just a hint of powdery - I like it a lot. The peppernote blends very good with Lilac, Wisteria and orangeblossom. A scent that stays close to skin, next person have to stand close or hug you to get a wiff of this soft, womanish scent.

Mjuk och elegant varje-dag-doft. En aning pudrig - jag gillar den skarpt. Peppartonen blandar sig väl med syren, blåregn och apelsinblomman. En doft som stannar nära huden så nästa person behöver stå nära eller krama dig för att få en fläkt av denna mjuka och superkvinnliga doft.

jventura489
jventura489

The rice sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I don't like the rice note at all, makes it smell synthetic for some reason.

pynkgirl

I agree with maissaa zahrn in her description. Great immages of the 80s I could relate to.

pynkgirl

Loved this at first sniff! I typically do not go for a scent unless it has perfume power, meaning potent and you can smell me coming. lol! This is very clean but clean with a bang! It reminds me of some scent from the 80s however I think the 80s were awesome, I am an 80s baby! I do get the powder in this but it's a floral powder. I love this so much! I always get compliments, it's a keeper!

Nadrap
Nadrap

Chloe Love by Chloe is very powdery, warm and classy. If you like this perfume try Bebe by Bebe. They are so much alike.

maissaa.zahran
maissaa.zahran

This perfume is a new love affaire for me.

I first knew about it from the TV commercial, and wanted to try it since. I loved the image of the woman they created in the commercial, independent, sure of herself and yet soft and dreamy, and being a forty years old woman myself I liked the fact that they did not promote this as a young adults perfume like many do these days. Also I like the feel of the late eighties, early nineties in the commercial reminding me of the feminine images I loved growing up.

I then tried the perfume at a perfume shop and thought,,,oh what a disappointment. And opted against buying it. A couple of months later I tried it again and thought maybe. Lastly I decided to live a risky existence and just buy it and see how i feel with it on.

And then came the love. Not at first whiff but through mutual understanding!!!

This perfume really treats me well. At first when I spray I get this pungent but soothing scent and as time goes buy the scent settles into a this amazing difficult to describe scent. It is long lasting and strong without being overpowering. Yes I really love it.

yantestrs
yantestrs

I don't remember if I have commented on this one before but I will do so again.

I love this perfume. i bought it when it supposedly was a Saks exclusive. It is old fashioned to me. Toilet paper or face powder? Yes. But so what. It is lovely, powdery, unique amongst the sugary florals. It was different and caught my attention enough to go back for it even after a walk through the mall. Even after so many, with lovely top notes or dry downs. I bought this and don't regret it. To me, if you love Filme Noir, you will adore this.

2whit2quit

I smell rose as well...actually I was certain that it was a rose note that turned me to this perfume in the first place. Reminds me of Bvlgari Rose Essentielle.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

I really want to love Love Chloe. Looking at notes, it looks perfect for me. I want to smell like an english garden. But it does not work out for me.

My husband and I are certain it smells like the rose note is too heavy. But there is not a rose note. So, I am not sure what we are smelling that throws this one off for us.

I have tried twice.

A friend says it smells like pancake foundation make ups from the 80's. I could not agree more.

juliacat
juliacat

Charming smell, sofisticated, like French women...Flowerly but powdery at the same time , smells expensive and charming but not in a bold way. This is how French women are-charming, sofisticated, friendly and aware of their self-worth. I like it, I think it`s a wondeful fragrance for a grown-up woman with her own style.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

ummmm, does anyone else pick up a note of coconut? because I'f I'm smelling this correctly.. it's very sweet very irisy with a dash of modern rose, lots and lots of lilac, light musk, vanilla and coconut. It's smelling very similar (believe it or not) to BEBE edp ... srsly? No, something has to be wrong here.. maybe from a perfume I put on and forgot? This cant be

2whit2quit

Today I am wearing the sample I got at Nordstrom..I will be going back to get a bottle. I love everything about it...especially the drydown. Such a feminine powdery musk in this. It really lasts on the skin and may become a signature of mine:)

Chaie
Chaie

I am a huge fan of Chloe perfumes, and this one hits you right in the heart :-)

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

Chloe Love is a divine angelic scent!! Powdery refreshing with hints of honey. First sniff I get is the orange blossom and pink pepper that remains for a while. When these notes has calmed down there is a powdery floral tone of purple flowers that occurse, such as lilac, hyacinth and iris. These tones are mixed with powdery vanilla honey-like notes. I can also imagine notes of musk somewhere in the background. Mmmm divine!! The scent is romantic, honey-like peppery powdery, fresh and original in a Chloé spirit. This is an absolute must have ..... can not live without!! Love, love, love ... could become my signature scent. Lasting power is quite good about 6 hours.

Chloe Love är en gudomlig himelsk doft!!!! Pudrigt uppfräschande med inslag av honung. Första sniffet jag får är apelsinblomma och rosa peppar som kvarstannar ett tag. När dessa noter har lagt sig uppstår en pudrig blommig ton av lila blommor såsom syren, hyacint och iris. Dessa toner blandas upp med pudriga vanilj honungsliknande noter. Jag kan även ana noter av mysk någonstans i bakgrunden. Mmmm gudomligt!!!! Doften är romantisk, honungslikt pepprigt pudrig, fräsch och orginell i en Chloé anda. Detta är en absolut måste ha..... kan inte leva utan!!!! Älskar, älskar, älskar... kan komma att bli min signaturdoft. Hållbarheten är ganska god på ca 6 timmar.

OZ
OZ

Have the samples for about 2 days now and I can't stop sniffing it. It's very warm, powdery, floral and feminine. It reminds me of a well dressed mature (not nessesary about age) woman.

The scent lasts forever on my skin, I haven't test out the projection yet but I already ordered a bottle.

janmarianna
janmarianna

I just got this one recently and when I wear it I feel so clean!! On me it smells like johnson baby shampoo and I love it-it's very fresh and soft smell :)

fanofthomasbernhard
fanofthomasbernhard

I dont remember having these many compliments when I was wearing another fragrance
Soft but deep,
Like baby powder but at the same time smells very rich and expensive,
For any age who wants to feel special
Quite expensive but worths it

tonni
tonni

Rice and Iris,Love is powdery.

I always loved LOVE, but when I sprayed it on my wrist, it seemed to develop into something synthetic after 20-30 minutes. Yet something kept me coming back for more. After testing it on my wrist over and over again, I finally bought it. And what a smart idea that was! When I finally got the chance to spray it all over myself like I do my other perfumes (both wrists, decollete, stomach, inside the elbows, behind the ears...), I was totally enchanted. The "synthetic" drydown never came. The sweet powder, milky rice, spring flowers, and musk undertones lasted hours and hours. Sillage and projection are monsterous! The perfume is so classy, elegant, and simply Heavenly! It's now one of my top 5 favorites; a modern classic.

fumelover
fumelover

On paper, this one is lovely. I like soft, powdery perfumes and on paper, this one is like that. On my skin though, it turns into "cooked rice". That's right. It becomes very starchy to me.

Imagine rice, a fine bar of soap and a some flowers tossed in. Smells OK on opening but hours later, and this one hangs on for a while, I smell nothing but soap and that starch I mentioned. It smells like a nice "mom" scent. Something you'd wear for carpool or play dates. It's just nice and not WOW. If I am going to spend money on a perfume, I need it to be a little more sophisticated than what this scent delivers.

THis perfume is just so wrong on me either for the notes or the type. It's a fashionable, hyped and expensive one, but to my nose and on my skin it smells like rotten shampoo or rotten washing powder. Does a similar thing exist? I don't know but I just smell a strong chemical floral note and this rotten shampoo. It smells very cheap as if I sprayed some old hairspray Elnett or old Impulse Red Temptation from drugstore, but that had a sense back then and for that price!
I also smell it on many people around, especially well groomed girls and I feel not confortable with their smell if they come close.

Norgirl
Norgirl

There is somthing so good in this .
I love the smell in the bottle and one paper , But when this comes on my skin . oh.. to much hyacith and lilacs. it turns a bit sour on my skin . Im so sadd about it because i would love to wear this . It feals so classy and fresh .
There is a powdery feal mixing so well whit all the bright crisp florals . Oh well . This one is not fo me .
Enjoy to all that can wear it . I would love to smell it just lingering in the room <3

michelle_belle_de_jour
michelle_belle_de_jour

I know I have read that most say that this smells like a powdery soap but to me it smells quite lovely. The scent starts off a bit strong but it does die down to a nice soft scent. This is on my wish list for a future birthday present.

Mandalila
Mandalila

Beautiful smell, powdery and classy. It even has slight hints of caramel. It reminds me a little of True Love by Elizabeth Arden..I'm still debating as to whether I should buy this, as it smells similar to True Love..still not sure!

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Seems like a challenging one. Really different, distinctive and elegant. It reminds me of rainy weather and everytime I smell this, I imagine a smart lady who is very good looking and dressed in earthy or pastel colours walking her way home. She is the embodiment of perfection and she has managed to have an admirable balance in her life. Deep inside, though, there is a romantic, sentimental side that is undelying but still dominant.
This perfume is powdery and floral;it would be a charming option for those who love this specific type of scents and it will make an impression to the rest of the people. That's because it has a high quality and it is unique and prototype. Yes, there is something vintage in the whole packaging, and that's an advantage if you ask me. It's classic and modern at the same time, sophisticated and sensuous;even though I don't know if it will be one of my perfumes, I admit that this is a special one.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Love, Chloe is the latest perfume by Chloe and is the perfect perfume for the sophisticated girly girl! The lilac and wisteria blossom are mellow florals that give it subtle sweet scent. The rice gives it a soft, powdery scent that lingers on the skin creating a very unique, light, sensual fragrance. The bottle reminds me of a stylish hip flask that is 70’s chic and is a great addition to every woman’s vanity!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Love this! This perfume feels vintage, it smells like make up, powder and soft flowers. The way they've marketed this with the colours is absolutley spot on!

It's elegant, soft...gorgeous and has a real good sillage and lasting power. When I first smelled it I didn't like it but MAN is this a grower!

This makes me think of winter clothes, gorgeous fluffy scarves and nice meals out in the evening. This perfume envelops you so beautifully, snuggles you in and becomes part of your skin. Lovely!

The smell of this is basically the heart notes (all purple flowers) surrounded by a veil of powder and softness. One of the flowers sticks out above all the others but I really can't tell which, flowers aren't my strong point. Sorry about that.

I'd say give it a go, and give it time to warm up...it's quite beautiful.

lizzie81
lizzie81

I finally took the plunge and tried this today, I can't bear the ordinary Chloe which to me smells like detergent! But..... what a surprise this one turned out to be! I think it's quite unusual for perfumes today, no hint of any sweetness what so ever!. Extremely strong and long lasting, good quality perfume so if you love it it's well worth the price tag as it lasted on me hours and hours and strongly not just a feint whiff! I get from this overwhelming hyacinth from beginning to end and to me it smells like authentic hyacinth flower not imitation. I love the smell of the real flower and the perfume but unfortunately in both cases it's so potent it gives me a headache. It's a shame too as I really think it's great quality and very unusual, a signature scent for the right person (just not me :( ) I found it very linear and didn't really detect any notes other than the hyacinth.

mariana.nikolova
mariana.nikolova

I love this perfume. Makes me feel special

Could love, in the end, be insipid?

CHLOE LOVE falls squarely within the subcategory of office-ready inoffensive fruity-floral frags perhaps best labeled "sweet laundry scents". I've smelled quite a few of these compositions of late, and my guess is that they are being put out in an effort to capture the market niche of both the fruity-floral crowd and the personal-hygiene obsessed in one fell swoop--and I mean that, I really do. The ever-expanding membership of the latter faction in contemporary Western (especially American) culture has spawned a plethora of non-perfume perfumes exemplified by the offerings of the house of Clean but found in many other places as well.

Basically, the story is pretty familiar, even hackneyed: slightly sweet and very vague "abstract" (aka "synthetic") florals mingling in a clean musky base with a light touch of vague woodishness and a soupçon of soap. Unremarkable and entirely forgettable, well, except that on my skin CHLOE LOVE dries down with a slight twang reminiscent of some of the Clean non-perfumes. The twanginess is just unpleasant enough to render the excellent longevity of this fragrance not a virtue but a vice.

***

Update: I now believe that the sample which I tested may have been a decanting error, as I had a completely different reaction to CHLOE LOVE tested from a house-produced mini. My new review is posted above.

Tulip211
Tulip211

I am not sure how I ended up there... I was on my way to Vanilla City and I took a wrong turn. The map must have been wrong. There I was..on the corner of Love Street and Chloe Avenue, and the neighborhood looked run down. "Excuse me.." I beckoned some pink pepper, who was running by. "Can you give me directions? I am lost." "Sorry, gotta run...Ms. Iris is waiting!" He scurried off. Geez.. so much for being neighborly. I ask a few others, but they all run off too, seemingly late to some event.

Suddenly, the doors of a saloon swing open and Ms. Iris comes barging out, hands on her hips. She has on fishnets and is smoking from a long thin cigarette holder.

"Who are you!?" She demanded.
"Well, Iris I..."
"That is MISS Iris to YOU!" She barked.
"Miss Iris, you are so offensive and abrupt, I much rather be in Vanilla City right now.
"Is that so??" She snarled. "Tony! Ralph! Get this intruder outta here!"

Suddenly, a gang of violets come running toward me. They hijack my nose, and steal my map. They threaten to shove soap in my mouth if I ever come back again.

Eventually, I made it to Vanilla City, but I was sure shook up. I don't know about you guys. But I am just glad I got out of there alive.

OVincze
OVincze

Love, Chloe to me is the most memorable fragrance I have ever smelled or worn. It captivated me the moment I first smelled it, it is unlike any other,a very unusual, absolutely mesmerizing fragrance and to me probably the most unique scent as well.
It definitely contains vintage accords, notes most would not use today which contributes to its uniqueness but it is somewhat of a modern take on a vintage perfume, with awesome sillage and lasting power but without a headachy heaviness. Complexity, femininity, yet wearability all in one.
I can easily picture someone like Marilyn Monroe wearing a fragrance like this, a sultry sexy woman but with lots of class and elegance. In fact, in my opinion the ad does not do it any justice but that is what I often find to be the case. The ad only captures the elegance and femininity side of this beautiful fragrance but without the unique sultriness I find just as important in it and without the vintage nuances of the fragrance.
It is a very characteristic scent which people would notice on you and compliment on. In fact, it is the fragrance I have gotten the most compliments on both from men and women alike and it has started a Love, Chloe craze at work. I do wear it for work too on occasion but still I think this is more of an evening or special occassion scent, one you would dress up for and not to be worn with jeans and one you would want to wear when you want someone to notice and remember you. Of course this is in part due to its uber feminine character.
As many great fragrances, it is one that will divide people, some will love it and some will hate it but it will not leave anyone indifferent. The clean notes, which some would call old lady (and BTW, noone has ever made that comment when smelling this on me and I do not personally get it either) the soap or powder in it in my opinion provides great contrast which makes the fragrance perfectly balanced, you cannot distinguish any note separately, maybe a little bit of the florals (rose especially) but it is perfectly contrasted or otherwise we would only have one of the gazillion boring florals. The Hyacinth and heliotrope give its unusual very feminine and sexy floral character and the orange blossom and pepper make it more modern. The rice and peru balsam contribute greatly to the depth and special character of this fragrance.
The woman I see wearing this is a very feminine, classy,confident but yet sexy woman, who dares to stand out from the crowd and is aware of her own attractiveness. It is an ode to femininity and to be one of the very best ever created. I kept going back to this and I will never be without a 50 ml bottle of this fragrance as when during any season I need to feel like a woman, I can spray my Love, Chloe which would make me feel more attractive, more sexy and more feminine.

mediterranean
mediterranean

I have the body lotion and the shower gel ,and both of them together are divine.You don´t need to spray the perfume on top and lasts all day.

It is sweet,powdery,and romantic. It smells like opening a chest of drawers where you kept soap to scent your lingerie and make up.

Without being overpowering,it makes a statement-

KEW
KEW

I was very keen to try this as the descriptions/reviews suggested this may be my ideal perfume... but alas no..... it is pure sweet and sickly palma violets on me!!! Silage not great (thankfully)- but very tenacious- now smelling of old lady soap 2 days later! Definitely one to try before buying. My search for a signature perfume continues....

Tovah
Tovah

Strangely, Love Chloe is almost all honey on me. It's a sweet, warm, golden honey tinged with bright orange blossom blooms. I don't find it to be powdery, or soapy or peppery, and I can't smell any lilac. Maybe there's a tiny bit of heliotrope, but I think heliotrope (the flower) has a strong honey note. Maybe I'm anosmic to the powder and rice and wisteria? Usually I pick up notes like a St. Bernard, but Love, Chloe, on me, is like a summery version of Ginestet Botrytis. My husband & kids say Love Chloe smells like honey, too, and my husband notices the orange blossom. The lasting power of Love Chloe is very good, but it's still half as long as its big sister Chloe edp. For a light, gentle, warming scent, I'm loving Love Chloe, and I'm fascinated by how differently this wears on others.

BellissiMaya
BellissiMaya

You'd think for a clean, powdery fragrance, this would smell rather generic but this is quite the diametric opposite. I love how the pink pepper gives it a subtle lift. the rice is what adds to its creamy, powdery note.. very unique! I like how despite the fact that it has musky notes, it isn't so.. it would ruin the entire perfume! This has definitely made it to my list of favorite perfumes. :) It sure is long-lasting, has great silage. Gets my seal of approval! Dare I say I'm in (Chloe) Love? :)

TX-in-NH
TX-in-NH

The perfume has too much of a pepper note for me. The commercial completely matches the perfume. It is what I imagine the woman driving the convertible to smell like.

pupita
pupita

Me encanta el frasco. Olor muy femenino, acogedor, envolvente. Mi primera compra de un perfume caro.
De hecho no lo uso porque se gasta...lo guardo para ocasiones especiales. Yo creo que es ideal para las tardes-noches de invierno.

taboo2287
taboo2287

very soapy dry down, gave me a headache

boruvka44
boruvka44

Juicy fresh (like sour cherries and red apples), trenchant sour/bitter freshness of wet roses (dominant in Beautiful Sheer, Stella or Weekend), and soap, or the smell of birch shampoo.
Love is rounded with powder (very very similar to Bvlgari Femme) and hint of the pink pepper makes it just tiny bit picante.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Chloe Love is a soapy floral fragrance, thanks mostly to the powdery iris and clean musky note. And it does smell like a perfumed floral soap (I got this confirmed by my friend today as well).
Generally, I dislike many soapy floral scents, but I enjoy Chloe Love. Somehow, it manages not to smell old-fashioned to my nose. Despite it's being heavy on powder, it actually smells fashionable (vintage scent with a twist ;)
I don't find it to be overpowering, heavy or headache-inducing, not at all. It is fairly long-lasting with a moderate projection. The packaging is neat, but it's also quite overpriced, unfortunately.

scentedrat
scentedrat

Really nice on me, but it is strong, so I have to be careful. It starts out with a bug spray accord that quickly settles into a prickly floral. It stays a bit sharp, and I don't get the powdery part that much. On me, it's more like the "idea" of powdery-ness. It's kind of there and adds warmth to the floral and keeps the sharpness from overtaking it, but it never really asserts itself. Somehow it is really, really pretty on me, and lasts a long time. I like it and will probably end up with a bottle.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

I Love Chloe Love ! But not the first time I sprayed it on. The first 3 minutes I thought it was to sharp for my taste and also a little perfumery and a little old lady smell. But don't be fooled. After a couple of minutes this perfume dries down into a lovely, little powdery, soft, lady-like perfume. It is not trying to hard and stays close to the skin. I have to say this is my new favorite. It also is a very "new" smell to me, not something what you smell on everybody.

spiderman_rome
spiderman_rome

Simply great. feminine. innovative and addictive. chloé always does a great job! ;-)

fraxxxi
fraxxxi

I love it!! It makes me feel super chic! I love clean, powdery perfume, I think this is also rather "vintage". And the bottle also it is fantastic!!

Dayah1283
Dayah1283

This shouldnt be sprayed too much cz of its longlasting power. Anyhow its a good perfume for all.

Airdna
Airdna

Very powdery and feminine, leaves an innocent impression.

dontute
dontute

Beautifull. I love this perfume.It's fresh, clean, surprising. Very long lasting.

Cams
Cams

This is quite possibly my favourite fragrance ( and I have quite a few). The first time I sprayed it the initial blast was off-putting and I was sure I hated it. It developed very quickly into a stunner and has become a fragrance that will I will always own. It is aptly described as a feminine and sophisticated floral composition and the powdery musk is inspired. Lovely.

glad57
glad57

No no No perfumed bugspray! Disappointed and was really excited to recieve a new try.i keep waiting for the beautiful bouquet and haven't gotten it yet. The new chloe is much prettier smell. Smells more old than modern

This one was disappointing for me. I noticed the gorgeous bottle and wanted to try the scent, but I was just meh. It smells quite nice, not a stinker for sure, but it doesn't live up to its image at all!
So many great notes listed and all I can smell on my skin is just expensive shampoo at the highest concentration! Then powder on powder. I had my bath today, thanks! It's a modern fragrance because it is much into a modern trend in perfumery, but it can be quite annoying or boring to wear for myself without being captivating. No nuance, no poetry, just a block of shampoo. At least this is my feeling towards this, so I won't wear it, but it's not a stinker, so I don't mind if people around me wear a moderate dose of it.
I don't really understand the comparison with Josephine. They probably have something in common like many fragrances do, but the outcome is very different! Josephine is powdery too, but not massive and cloying!

Jomoves
Jomoves

Take one white rose and a bunch of daffodils. Add to this a tablespoon of powder, a dollop of honey, a splash of vanilla and a good pour of double cream. Warm gently and imagine Lauren Hutton in the 70's at her sporty-chic best.

Alalu
Alalu

I love-love -love it :)
With this fragrance i feel like strong and mistery woman:))
Basic ist sooo powdery ,leter on second breath ist beautiful flowers.
I can imagine-how I play in some old romantic movies with Clark Gable:))))

kittymoon

I love it and I already reviewed it. Mine comes sadly to an end, and I just discovered ZARA has an absolut dupe, it's called Violetta. Try it if you're on a budget, it's only 10 GBP ;)

Timetoski
Timetoski

Ha! the reviewer who said it smells like "granny's makeup" hit the nail on the head, she is so right! It's pleasant enough but, until I wear my hair in a powderpuff style, I'll pass on this.

kgogadget
kgogadget

I really do like this scent; however, it dries down to something overly sweet. Before that it's powdery, light and reminiscent of cosmetic powder. Good for casual/day wear.

Lena S
Lena S

Firstly I must say that I adore the original Chloe series (EDT, EDP, EDP Intense...) - that is how a dream woman could smell. Ironically, I never wore any of them - I just don't feel feminine enough, seriously. Maybe Audrey Hepburn could wear this but not me.

So, for the real life Love comes is a relevant alternative with refined vintage instead of romance.
It is more powdery and yes, there is a synthetic flavour but it is soft and quite wearable.
Love is elegant and sophisticated but easy to wear at the same time. That is because it's not too sentimental, I suppose.

mylancome
mylancome

I gave a 2nd try on this perfume since i was gifted a tester. Although it smells like granma talcum on the opening, but it will gone graduately, then the florals come out. Whao! Smell busted with various of blue florals smells, think it is iris, lilacs. It is so comfy wearing it to bed like granny/mom put me to bed. Feeling of being loved.

roseau
roseau

This fragrance is definitely overrated.
It's linear, it opens and closes exactly in the same way, ie in a puff of talcum powder formulated for preadolescent coquettes pretending to live in the 18th century.
If the set of Sofia Coppola's film "Marie Antoinette" had a scent, it would have been this one. Not my cup of tea.

Fori
Fori

This perfume reminds me to Lou Lou perfume by Cacharel. The difference is that Chloe Love has different opening, fresh, elegant, classy and sexy. It smells strong and lasts long, so you'd better not spray it from very close distance to your skin, or you may get headache after the top base notes dissapear.
Felt in love at the first spray, made me want to smelled my hands all the time. It's an elegance in the frame of modern women, gives you energy to light up your day.

catherine.brk
catherine.brk

Awful..too sweet, too powdery..reminds me of how my grannys make up smelt, and unfortunately it lasts a long time !

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

Imagine coming across an old make up bag containing vintage make up such as lipstick and loose powder...To me this just smells extremely powdery. The beginning is all innocent and sweet and the dry down...well, there is just something really sharp in there that gives me a bad feeling. And it just keeps getting worse and worse.. My nose is not trained enough to able to detect what exactly it is that makes the ending so harsh, could it be an iris overdose? But the bottle is just so gorgeous, I totally understand why one would want to buy this. It is a very unique scent that I think must be experienced on skin before bought. A cloying Chloe according to me!

Lazaro
Lazaro

I remember when I was younger and my mom was using these perfumes of strong and long aromas that so much were displeasing... this one to me almost so closer there is they that I reach it is to feel as in these years.... IT HAS LEFT ME without words
Chloe so much how in his previous one
outstanding figure... has returned it is to create another aroma out of context... a finished floral bouquet... re-defines in one beautiful bottle golden color... worthily of any beauty and glamor....
a long and sensual touch of spring flowers... accompanied by the tie but present musk...

dollglam
dollglam

its a sexy smell very powdery, woody, spicy smell.

renujean
renujean

A huge leap for Chloe, however when the scent dries down and the powderiness unveils itself, it's really ugly. It never fails to remind me of my great grandmother's wardrobe, the overwhelming smell of incense and mothballs. Though Love Chloe smells nicer than mothballs, the familiarity is still there and it is not comforting.

pinki
pinki

This was an impulse buy for me at duty free as I have recently rediscovered Chloe EDP and was curious about this one and the Chloe EDT. As I had a layover of several hours in Heathrow, I tried this one on to test out the sillage on my skin. I am in Love with this scent. It starts off very flighty and fresh with the orange blossom, which quickly sifts into the heavenly middle notes of lilac and iris, rounded by the other florals to give this a sweetly powdery presence. It can be detected by others but I am often told I just smell 'lovely', not like I am wearing perfume. The dry down is soft musk, but I find on my skin the iris remains many hours after application. If you like iris scents, you may well love this one!

The bottle is lush, but you have to be careful not to break the dainty little chain! Lasting power +4hrs with moderate sillage. A good choice for an elegant affair, the office or just when you want to feel pretty. Unapologetically feminine. I am in LOVE! Men love this scent as well.

nadalinica
nadalinica

I have smelt it, and tried it, and even though it's definitely not for me, it's a nice scent. It smells very soapy to me, and I imagine it would be perfect on an older, elegant and very stylish woman. IT is also very feminine.

Printeza7
Printeza7

This is another modern fragrance, very well balanced. I can smell the lilac and lots of the Iris. i love Chloe's new scents, always very red carpet. One of my favourite modern fragrances.

yuyulanta
yuyulanta

have soapy n soft opening, then turn into lil bit powdery but have very sharp smell at the end.a little can be warming but too much just gimme headache. remind me of 40sumthing lady who try too hard.is it so?

candymarie

Udate after sampling for several hours: I get a sharp, sort of unnatural scent that some other reviewers have mentioned. It's reminding me of hairspray.

I hate to bad-mouth anything, but reviews both good and bad have helped me make decisions, so I think they're all important.

candymarie

Equal parts Prada INFUSION D'IRIS, Jesus del Pozo DUENDE and Alfred Sung SUNG.

Iris plays a meaningful role here, as does the pink pepper. Clean, soapy, slightly sweet, and a little mysterious.

PinkyStuff
PinkyStuff

I bought Love, Chloé blindly because I'm a huge fan of Chloé EDP, but I was surprised when I tested it for the first time.

I was expecting something like baby powder as some people mentioned with maybe a little bit of clean and soapy feeling like Chloé EDP, but I didn't get it on my skin at all.

It starts very sweet, almost sugary, but don't be afraid because this part fades quickly. Then, some unusual flowers come as a main notes; flowers which would not appear intensely in other perfumes.

It's unusual and unique, and I never smelled nothing similar before, but I think that nobody would really dislike Love. It's kind of innofensive, but the best to do is to try it before buying.

Yes, there is a little bit of powdery feeling, but the smell of sweet, unusual and warm flowers are much stronger than that.

Love, Chloé is one of those perfumes that you can wear anytime and everywhere, for bedtime, for an important work or a date, because it's soft, comfortable, sophisticated and charming, all at the same time. Men would love it! The AD suggests that it would be better on mature ladies, but in fact it's versatile enough to the young ladies as well in my opinion.

The beige and gold colors of the bottle are very Chloé, simple and beautiful!

As many people already said, the sillage is good and it lasts and lasts on my skin without being overpowering.

It's another amazing creation from Chloé.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

The iris is overpowering, causing the entire perfume to be out of balance. I found it to be rather musty.

vector
vector

I have the deluxe sample, and it is a lovely simple fragrance. I always say I don't like powdery fragrances, but I guess never say never, because I really like Love. It smells similar to Caress Silk shower gel with a smoother finish. It does not smell cheap though.....It is very soft, and as someone already said, delicate. It's longevity is pretty long considering how light and airy it is, and the scent does not change after application. I'm definitely considering a purchase!

NG
NG

hmmm, finalllly i foud a store that's sells this sample!

i was waiting something powdery like the cake make up..but it's a combine of flowers makes feel like a flower soap, it's not my type at all :S

mjb28
mjb28

Oh my God! I have died and gone to perfume heaven! This is a beauty! Subtle, intimate, lingering, and romantic! Very floral at the beginning then turns powdery in the end. The notes are nicely blended with a sofhisticated finish. It is a beautiful powdery scent that is very feminine, airy, soft floral and with a musky sensuality.

Powdery which is actually the word that best fits this fragrance, "smells like expensive loose face powder in a bottle" should I say. It adds a sense of softness and comfort to the fragrance. It's a smell that is recognizable by thousands but not suffocating or dominant. The lasting power is very impressive. Soft but powerful, it just keeps on lingering on my skin, that makes this scent so unique. This is the part I loved best!

The bottle is very attractive. The cute fine gold chain adorned the bottle, such a sweet detail and very practical, the cap hit in your bag and you never lose it.

I find this scent so special and delicious. This is a gorgeous scent! This is true LOVE! Chloe lives to that expectation. Big thumbs up!

I re-tested it again and finally decided it's not a buy for me. During the first couple of hours it's very strong on me. Yesterday I found that almost embarrassing. Then it fades away to nothing. By now I also know "Poeme" by Lancome and I agree with the reviewers who find both scents similar.

daphni
daphni

The secret of each art item to become unique and classic its possibility to last in time, even if the first impression is not quite strong. That's what came to my mind after testing this perfume. I have to admit that in the beginning I found it unpleasant. However,just a few minutes afterwards it became so warm and elegant.Don't judge by the first impression.

eid-althani
eid-althani

not that bad the enjoying top notes of iris but hate the hate the vanill note there i dont know there is something wrong about it

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

This smelled wonderful on the card tester. On my skin there was strong hyacinth, but it rapidly gave way to a smell reminiscent of new shoes and something sweet and sickly, this remained constant for the hours that followed. The next day I could still smell those new shoes - but who wants to smell of new shoes? If only it smelled of iris and honey on me!

movs
movs

Everything about this perfume is so delicate - from the exclusive silk-like bottle to the light bouquet of blue flowers in this perfumes heart. In spite of the floral notes the over all impression I get from this perfume is powder, not baby powder but rather fresh make up powder. It's old fashioned in a classic ladylike way.

It's innocent and sophisticated at the same time and it somehow makes me think of ballet. I don't know if it's the powdery scent that reminds me of a back stage dressing room, the bottle that has the same color as ballet shoes or the image of a young ballet dancer, prudish and sensual at the same time.

If you're looking for a classy light powdery floral you should definitely try Love.

In 3 words: INNOCENT - SOPHISTICATED - POWDERY

Grottola
Grottola

Nice heliotrope floral that smells a lot like honey. Not something I'd wear, but it smells really nice nonetheless.

mariaraluca
mariaraluca

tested today!! afer finishing my coco by chanel i will buy it! it is something about it that it drives me crazy! a very strong scent, long lasting!! there is something about it's scent: on my skin turned into honey and iris! i love LOVE!!!!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Not my style really, but there's one thing I want to ask you.

Does anyone else feel that this is a perfume reminiscent of Elizabeth Arden's- T r u e L o v e, or is it just me?

I think they intensely share a candied-flower feel, not to mention the similarity of the name.

treenhe
treenhe

ok, well i got this based on the reviews and on a sample on a test strip. this then is my problem. there are 3 different chloe loves to me. one, in the bottle...gorgeous, fruity and a little powder. two, the initial spray all harsh, citric(?) and astringent and three, the overwhelming musk after a couple of hours. there is something with this musk though that is almost 'plasticky' on me...
i so wish that on my skin i could get the fruity, floral, powdery freshness i get when i smell the bottle. my skin turns this into avon soft musk....and an expensive one at that! :(
i don't know that i dislike it as such, i just infinitely prefer others in my collection. i was so looking forward to it as well!
update: finally getting some iris coming through and that has stopped this going straight to the swap pile.
updated update: i cannot get enough of this now...just pure powdery iris. gorgeous. *but* it's taken many hours to get here...:(

whiten
whiten

I smelled love the other day with, chloe chloe. this one stayed on my mind more. I think it is well,pretty! definitely a try again. chloe has the cuter bottle,but I think this one's juice is better! of course I've just smelled both once,but... love is on the list hehe:D
I wish I can take the pink pepper out of this... is there anything smells like it,but without the pink pepper??

lara0905

I just tested it yesterday, and I couldn't stop smell my wrist!!!!It's very feminin, a bit old-fashioned, but I have to say: I love Love!! I gonna buy it ASAP!:)

OMG! I got it and I'm so happy!:D:D:D:D:D

I test-sprayed it several times to figure out it's not for me. I like the beginning. It's strong and makes one think of the late 70s/early 80s. When it's sprayed right away, it makes me think "That's good. What is it?". But everytime after the drydown I just found it too strong and nauseating. Something in the drydown is too heavy for me and gets too harsh. This is a kind of perfume that can get on people's nerves if you wear it in small rooms and so on.

malwiniusia
malwiniusia

this is a very delicate scent, as for me. it is certainly strong, but in an other way :) it's soft and powdery and reminds me of a dusty room, where nobody has been in for years, as you enter this room the sun shines in through the dusty windows and everything is white...and in the background you can smell this love, chloe :)
dusty, powdery, but attracting in a way ;)
i love the pink pepper with the first spritz !
it is a bit spicy due to this composition ;)
enjoy !

lizaan
lizaan

This is usually not my typical perfume but I kinda bought it because i liked the bottle and I got for a nice price :) But it's actually a really nice fragrance, I don't wear it that often just because I'm not used to this type of scent. But my friend wears it sometimes and it always smells lovely on her, also the lasting power is really great.

Matin
Matin

Elegant, feminine, intimate and dusty, it reminds me a little Musk type fragrance, but something more complex and with a score of rice at the bottom marked. Really beautiful, elegant and simple at the sime time. For everyday use or special occasions in which prime the simplicity or powdery floral nude effect.

But the mix is not working completely, it is something that bothers me and turns my stomach. (tends to happen with this guy ... perfumes by kenzo flower for example)...

Vierka
Vierka

Absolutely LOVE it!!

gigiletta
gigiletta

absolutely charming,cool and feminen.reminds me champs ellyses and varvatos.fresh blossoms and greens are sexy but very classy way.i think wearable all seasons but perfect for spring.very longlasting for a 'floral'.

kittymoon

Lovely opening, really nice and soft and feminin. Although it has this "old Lady" feel to it, I would wear it if ... if it wouldn't turn into a very ugly soapy smell that reminds me of my Auntie who got a 80th Laura Ashley overloaded Bathroom full of soaps from about that time that smell exactly like LOVE in the drydown on my skin. What a pitty.

Aaaah I just gave in. After trying it a few times on my skin (it smelled so nice in the bottle) I had to buy it. Because it's the most softest and LOVEly scent I know. It's soft and warm like a purring cat and still has a bit of freshness.

Far far away from the usual fruit, amber, musk, vanilla, jawn. This is pure powdery petal softness. - Ok and a little bit of old Lady soap but who cares, old Ladies are LOVEly! ;)

sofababe
sofababe

I love LOVE. I got a sampler and sprayed my wrists last night, and I can still smell it this morning 8 hours later!!
I adore the floral notes, the hyacinth is luscious, and the dry down is divine. I will definitely be investing in a full size bottle of this one very soon.

duskangel101
duskangel101

The bottle and the color of the perfume looks gorgeous, too bad it doesn't suit me. It smells a lot like Chanel Coco but sweeter and have a sode pop-like feel to it.

glitteralex
glitteralex

Delightful and easy to wear powdery floral with a good dollop of Iris and a discreet touches of spice and musk for backbone. This perfume contins some of my favorite floral notes- Lilac (XS by Paco Rabanne)and W1steria (Extravagance d'Amarige by Givenchy), which are a challenge to find in commercial perfumery.

"Love, Chloe" opens with a rush of green lilac and wisteria, which sends me spiraling into dreams of June evenings. I didn't find a prominent note of Hyacinth as others have noted, thankfully, since I love Hycinth as a flower but find it cloying in perfumes. About 5 minutes in, the Heliotrope and Orange Blossom combine to add a powdery note that evokes the candy-flower mineraity of old talc makeup. In keeping with this theme, a Rice note is used instead of Vanilla, adding roundness, but not weight, to the composition. At about 10 minutes, a whiff of generic spice kicks in. I suppose this "Pink Pepper" was included in an attempt to add structure to what was previously a rather simple and linear- but very good- floral. Shortly, the Rice is joined by a synthetic candy note which I don't really appreciate. I fear that this will be the death of this perfume for any woman wanting a mature perfume. Delicate floral and powders, yes, spice & musk, fine...but candy? At least it is not overtly candied, but in close quarters it would seem girlish.

The Musk is an afterthought, barely discernable- used mainly as a base fixative to create the excellent sillage and lasting power.

This perfume would have benefitted by the addition of more leafy, twiggy green notes and removing the candy.

In any case, I will wear this just for the top notes, in late spring or early summer. It is definitely a time & place perfume that i would use for a wedding or graduation. More of an experience than an extension of me.

Red Rose
Red Rose

to beauty-girl:
This can be due to your body chemistry. Some fragrances don't react well with body odour.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

All i get from this perfume is the note of musk, wich smells like soap on me. Every perfume with musk in it smells like soap on me, no other note appears ever, just the musk, cant stand it. Does someone know why this is???

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

If you like powdery, clean fragrances reminescent of clean clothes and fabric softener with great sillage and longevity give Chloé Love a try.

To me it seems Love is successor of Chloé edp, the honey drenched freshness of Chloé edp is exchanged for a very powdery iris accompanied by fresh wisteria and clean lilac. A lovely composition in my opinion. I wouldn´t use it on a daily basis but it's definately very well rendered.

CandyPerfumeGirl
CandyPerfumeGirl

A very pretty sweet, light floral scent, perfect to wear anytime and quite longlasting too.

LIN
LIN

Great choice!!
such an aromatic, spicy but gentle perfume!
draws compliments all day long, long lasting and stays close to skin. very romantic, clean and sexy frag... perfume to die for!!!

zellpang
zellpang

A more modern less romantic version of Chloe e.d.p
For me the top note was quite powdery and a little bit green/Fresh (probably comes from the pepper and the orange blossom). The heart note is very similar to the e.d.p but with more powdery undertone... Overall a good fragrance

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

Oh, so beautiful, powdery, floral...I am in love! I must have it soon. Great silage and longevity. Very feminine, very cosy, elegant romantic whisper. You cannot go wrong with Chloe Love!

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

I wear different scents for different occasions. I mean does anyone really want to sit next to someone on the plane who's doused themselves in Georgio or Opium. Not me.
This is a beautiful cozy floral powder scent, that would offend no one. My husband says I smell delicious in this one. It's Valentine's Day and I love that he loves me in this!

romrom
romrom

I smelled this yesterday for the first time at the store,its a very nice spirng scent, very flowery and clean, I think it's one of these perfumes that people tell you that you just smell good and not ask you what perfume you are using .

jackgirl
jackgirl

Does anyone else smell almonds??

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

the design of the bottle is so rich & unique .. the juice it self is romantic and clean ,, as a baby powder little bit !
i think this will be so warm at morning after the shower ..

Love at first sniff. It's everything I hoped it would be.

The perfume starts out as a burst of fresh flowers but soon becomes a warm, gentle veil over the skin. At first it reminds me of rice grains still submerged in the fresh waters of a rice terrace. The rice in the base really "makes" the perfume, creating a soft, creamy effect, leaving no need for a vanilla note.

If you like Indian food, this scent might remind you of Kheer (rice pudding).

Love is the only perfume I've ever smelled that could be compared to Chanel No5 on any level. Not that anything could ever truly compare to Chanel No5, but this scent is indeed very sweet and powdery. Chloe Love is a clean and light daytime perfume, and Chanel No5 seems richer in comparison.

It's really superb!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I got this in the mail today I had not smelled it prior to ordering but the concept behind it caught my attention from the start. I just sprayed it on my wrist and I can tell you this smells fantastic, I love it. It's so luxurious the EDP contains a lot of oils I can see where I sprayed it in my hand. This is ultra feminine, very sexy, light but complex at the same time. It doesn't feel like you are wearing a perfume IMO. Upon application I smell Chanel No. 5 is that incense orris scent particular to No. 5 but way more modern,. This scent is soft and sheer not overly sweet, I can smell the lilac too. This fragrance develops rather slowly and the top notes remain active for quite some time. This might be a great choice for those who are lilac lovers. I'm in heaven with this perfume! I sprayed it around 12 o'clock and it's now 6:30 and I can smell myself wearing it. I sprayed 3 times!

Sillo
Sillo

I wish people would understand how fragrances react with the skin's PH. Love is a very strange perfume, in my opinion. Stange in a good way. Maybe because it is winter, and I have oily/combo skin. It reacted with my skin much more different than the typical "baby powder" reaction that people are complaining about. I believe I carry the "rice" basenote very well, because it gives that same steaminess as Kenzo Amour, but with sweet flowery top notes. This is an awesome perfume, but I think it needs a particular environment to carry it well. I love this perfume, and perhaps this one will soon be my signature scent for winter. I apologize to those who didn't get to enjoy this fragrance, but that powdery smell didn't show up on me (thank goodness!)

The_Entity
The_Entity

I hated the previous Chloe frag, it was mediocre...but Chloe has redeemed itself again with this, a lovely powdery floral, good staying power, and chic bottle.

zvoncica
zvoncica

I can absolutely see the continuous of former Chloe successes. If you ever tried Chloe by Chloe (I am sure you did, every other girl has it) you could distinct it from all other perfumes. It is floral, not sweet or cheerful, I would say distant and restrained.

That`s the story of Love, also. There are no changes in floral rhythm, no undertones, overlays or surprises. Love will last for hours on skin, and it won't change a bit during that time. Yes, Love is beautiful floral with clean lines (in a way of Bvlgari Jasmine Noir) and plenty strength (as Diva by Emanuel Ungaro).

Shortly, Love is serious scent with a great potential to become classic. Maybe I am wrong, but don't think it is wearable on every day basis.

[ilaria_ions]
[ilaria_ions]

chloe is a master for scents which have an old school feel to them, but are undoubtedly modern. this one is strictly for the 'powder lovers'. surprisingly warm, straightforward floral with a powder note all the way. if you have a problem with such a note, don't bother with this one. you won't get used to it and all the i-will-learn-to-love-it tactics will fail.
i believe that every chloe fragrance has a strict target group. a 'person' for whom it's made. while i can't even begin to describe how i 'live' with chloe -edp, this one...well...from the first sniff i knew it was someone else's life story.though i appreciate it cos of the strong chloe signature.

DaisyQ
DaisyQ

I loved this when I first tested it, it has excellent longevity and sillage. I was all set to buy a full bottle and decided to test it one last time before I made the purchase. I am so glad I did, because after I sprayed it and shopped in the mall for a while, it turned to pure baby powder on me. Every time a little wafted to my nose, that was all I could smell: baby powder, sickeningly sweet baby powder. While I am a fan of powdery scents, they have to contain other notes to balance and add some degree of complexity.

Unfortunately, on my skin, this turned to pure baby powder. So disappointed.

floriana
floriana

Desire for repeat first Chloe from 70' on modern and trendy way is unmistakeable.
I must confess - successfully.
Opens powdery and in the same time a little green and prickly / first thought that could be some berries / but not, pink pepper and noticeable hyacinth. Less flowery and less loud than first.
Elegant, powdery, balmy and wearable scent, with really good composition.
Chloe for today, with hunch of first in the background.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Strongly resembles Nude by Bill Blass. The same powderiness. But I like Nude much better.

I read all these reviews prior to testing Love by Chloe, so the strong baby powder note did not take me by surprise nor did it revolt me.

What I did not like about this fragrance was its strong, almost sharp, powdery presence. The brand Chloe is really not for me. I didn't like the new Chloe and its flankers, nor did I enjoy this.

It smells like babies and strong floral-scented soap. In small quantities this could be nice, but it seems to be too much of everything. Just smelling this now is giving me a headache and I rarely get headaches from perfume.

I loved the bottle, with its classic simplicity, and while the scent does match it with its classic appeal, I feel that this is just way too overpowering. Love by Chloe tries so hard to make a statement when I really don't think it needs to.

All those floral notes when blended with the pink pepper makes the scent rather astringent. They were aiming for a clean, pretty and feminine floral, yet what I get is a sharp floral with air-freshner undertones.

So the sillage is obviously a monster, and the longevity is also quite big. Just a tad too cloying in my humble opinion.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Have you ever experienced a dream that began very sweet, colorful and enjoyable turn into a nightmare? If not, Love, Chloé will give you that effect easily. When I was at a store trying fragrances, the saleswoman showed me this and as if I sensed what was coming, I wanted to try it on paper first. And, at first smell, it was a sophisticated (like all Chloé stuff), pretty and a classy flowery fragrance. I loved it that minute and sprayed on my arm. Then, after 5 minutes it began to change; as if escalating some stairs, the fragrance became overpowering step by step. After 20 minutes, I couldn't bear to carry it on my arm because it gave me headache and made me nauseated, it was incredibly cloying. Moreover, it became super-soapy. And terribly powdery. I had three other fragrances on my arms and Love overcame all of them. The cardigan I wore that day, smelled Love for three days that I had to wash it in the end. A great disappointment this one is. Pretty bottle, pretty case, pretty name but a cloying fragrance.

HAnah
HAnah

Elegant floran scent and and long dureless. It remembers me to Miss Dior cherie althought muc better.
I think is a young scent.
Rgds, from Spain.

missyheart888
missyheart888

The smell is okay, smell expensive but I found myself spraying every 2 hours, OMG! I felt like its just cologne.

Im obsessed with everything chloe. but hummm i dnt no what to make of this one. It kind of reminds me of thr smell inside of an old 80's purse or the smell of leather car seats in an old vintage car. I just dnt no....

krishka
krishka

ordinary floral...i was expecting a bit more from the notes listed, it is like CK " Beauty", doesn't impress and stand out...lacks depth, class and elegance

Giovanna
Giovanna

huge sillage and lasting power! A friend of mine has sprayed at lunch time, and when I saw her at 9pm she smelled like if she has sprayed minutes ago!

but this is meant to be floral so you get it floral, and i dont think is boring i like it very muth i think its spesial .

mara_g
mara_g

A nice floral perfume, pleasant and safe. Nothing more or less. Good staying power, pretty bottle...but oh so boooooooring. No evolution whatsoever.Also very expensive for what it has to offer

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

Strictly floral compositions that wink at the past seem to be the new rave, but this isn't bad at all.

It has an old-fashioned powdery feel to it, but this is a rather well measured vintage element than a true old makeup style powder. I get the most hyacinth and lilac out of it. The light heat of pepper gives the flowers a warm honeyed aspect. It starts off quite strong and slowly mellows without much development in the notes. The staying power is good, the sillage becomes more reserved as time goes. The trail has a clean soapy feel to it.

Chloe Love reminded me of a deprived of all its freshness and fun Burberry Weekend. I like Chloe Love but not enough for this price tag, and then again - there is Burberry Weekend.

heavenbelle
heavenbelle

This is the perfume that I obsessively waited for its release. When I heard that they were releasing this last September, everyday I went into different perfume stores to check whether they're out already. Funny one store displayed the testers but they don't have anything for sale yet. but when I smelled it I really LOVE it!!! So I gave my number to about 2 stores so that I can be contacted once this is released. And then one day, I got 2 consecutive calls but of course I ran to the nearest store to buy this (I don't care about its expensive introductory price) and then got my own bottle! I was told I was the 3rd one who bought this in Melbourne, AUS.

But anyway I do understand that some people hate this because some are expecting much from a very expensive perfume. this smells undeniably like baby powder but I think it's a perfume meant for sophisticated women, women who don't want to be be too "LOUD" when it comes to perfume. some perfumes are so "attention seeking" (e.g. Angel, Black Orchid) and I find it annoying when people still overspray them even they are already strong. but this one is very subtle, relaxing and meant for women who have "class". I LOVE this perfume. Hence the name, it's meant to be loved....

penny-lane
penny-lane

I obviously have a soft spot for Chloe perfumes. However, my expectations were low. But this one blew my mind.

It wouldn't be that amazing if I tried it on during a sunny day. I sprayed it on when it was raining and I was freezing. But Love made me feel really cheerful and I appreciate when a perfume have that kind of ability.

So, it is warm, really feminine and the most important - it is durable.

nada
nada

it's ok fragrance but after sampling other chloe's I wanted somethig different. I prefer Chloe intence

gkn
gkn

i have tested this one and realised that it smells just the same as bijan nude ( at least the openinig notes are the same). this is a gourmand type of fragrance like bijan nude to me.at the base this one is musky-powdery while bijan nude is creamy. i like both of them

samsara1977
samsara1977

Maybe this is the best way to test a new smell, I tell you what happened.
I was wearing Miss Dior Chérie (from a sample) one night and I wanted to spray some more of this lovely scent which I've just started to know and is very adequate on a night's out. Since I have a load of samples in my purse I picked one(the right one I thought)out and sprayed it on my hand. I was shocked!
What a horrible, sickmaking fragrance was this! It was a sample of Love, Chloé. It was such a contrast with the Miss Dior Chérie, it made me feel sick and it smelled like washingpowder.
I do believe I could like this, but as the first in line to test. I don't think this Love could keep me excited all day long and certainly not the people arround me while I'm wearing it. Not attractive at all, if someone finds one men who likes this, let me know!

Update some weeks later:
I gave it another try, this time not after I smelled floral or fruity scents. I must take some of my words back as it is not as bad as I presented after first time testing.
It's quit endurable and pleasant wearing, it gives a very clean, crisp feeling. But as for now, I don't seem to find a big difference between this and the last Chloé fragrance. I'm definetely trying all Chloé fragrances one day and only focus on these.

Malegria
Malegria

An adorable little thing. I almost want to say "nothing", but I am strangely drawn to a funny vitamin-like note in Love.It is a nice all year long floral, but I am afraid that one can get bored to tears with it very soon.
And it`s terribly overpriced!!!!

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Beautiful scent, so feminine,soft and sensual!! I just had to order this perfume right away. I tried it on for the first time yesterday and still this morning I could smell it on my wrist, so it's incredibly longlasting. To me this is a scent a modern, classy woman would wear.

This one is disappointing! The bottle is beautiful, elegant and very appealing, but it comes to the fragrance itself... well, another flat concoction of flowers and powder in the latest years fashion. No depth, no layers, just a girlish scent with too much in it, maybe tiny doses of each synthetic flower. It doesn't smell bad but it's annoying and boring. I would give it to a fashion-victim teenager.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

It is very pleasant,a fresh and feminine scent.I dont know why it also reminds of some perfumes from the 90`s,in a good way of course.I think 2010 has had many good new perfumes

scentous
scentous

wonderful smell, soft feminine and very long lasting..it is definitely powdery floral but I don't agree with the unfair reviews claiming this fragrance as "just baby powder that's all"..to me it is a very rich and sophisticated formula and not a teen perfume at all..I can see a young woman in her late 20s or a mature woman in her 40s wearing this at work or for a special occasion.. it is a multifaced scent and goes both very well with either of them..I feel very special in it..this will be one of my all time favourites:)) definitley a must have for the ones interested in soft feminine classy notes, but for the ones who likes sweet loud generic notes, or hot sexy notes AVOID!! of course..

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I really can't imagine why anybody would spend money on the trash that designer companies are throwing out at the moment. I can't hate this, it's too pleasant and non-descript for that. This is a teen scent priced for the working woman - but what working woman wants to smell like a 7 year old doused in baby powder?? This would make a nice everyday scent but it's really not worth the price, as another dilute synthetic muguet/powder from Chloe.
I must note that I find the packaging beautifully simple and pretty.

guest_Aroussa
guest_Aroussa

LOVE finally arrived in Moscow! The previous reviewer was right on the dot: the scent's baby powdery/ricy smell reminds me of my childhood growing up in the US. I used to get these little girl cosmetics gift-sets for Christmas and this is what the lotions and potions there smelled like. Also, Love's Baby Soft - anyone remember Love's Baby Soft? Mmmm, takes me back. Makes me feel 12 again. Only, I can not decide yet if this is what I want from my perfume.

Trvevil
Trvevil

So. Love at first sight [lol] is one of them clean smells. Powdery, often remind of washing powder and washed clothes. At other side this is nice powdery floral. I think flowers are nicely picked and it blends really well. I also can feel rice note in it, similar like in Kenzo Amour [!] Indian Holi. Warm and cozy, still.. do I want it? I don't know. If anyone gifts me it, I'd use it. Can't tell if I'd buy it. It's everyday fragrance and I prefer to buy something that excites my senses [whatever it is] and or makes me feel happy or sassy. I do enjoy love, it reminds me of myself at 6-7 years... spring and tulips. But would I break the rule of my preferences? We'll see...

antonpan
antonpan

Soapy, powdery and old-fashioned, seems like perfumers poured the baby power into the bottle of the vintage perfume. Noteworhy

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

Elihiga
Elihiga

I've tried it on my skin today, and after 6 hours it's still going strong... Unfortunately on me it just keeps me reminding me of baby smell, with a hint of sour in the very background... Not sexy or lady like for me.

wauzilauzi
wauzilauzi

Classy, powdery, fresh! Great staying Power! I love it!

Ofeliarage
Ofeliarage

Have tried this on paper & it oozes sophistication & elegance in a classical yet modern way.
The best part is the use of no fruits in this perfume, which makes it stand out from all the other florals containing fruit these days, not that i mind fruity florals except when i want a floral scent-it means i want it flowery.
Would suggest this for those who wants a floral/powdery/warm/classy but not sweet/fruity scent.

magda14012
magda14012

I just got in on a business trip. Tried it and fell in love with the subtle flowery scent. It is modern, sophisticated and vintage at the same time. I wear it with more avantgarde clothing to make sure it does have a contra point.
Very long lasting, though light makes you feel sensual.

defne
defne

All that remains is the talc, powdery musk. The lasting power is very good but the listed notes don't really appear so I can't really say whether its a floral or just strong oriantal.I don't understand why such perfumes become so trendy,ıts not fresh in any way,not at all like a floral in my opinion.

I like the sophisticated edge that all chloe feragerances have. But i just wish they could have made this a little sweeter and pretty. Maybe if they put magnolia, freesia or lilly in it instead of some of the ingredients they do have in. I can see why some people think its old ladyish. I do love chloe though and love what they try to create in their perfumes: sophistaced, feminine, vintage are what comes to mind when i smell a chloe perfume.

melia
melia

Very soapy and powdery! Because it's light it seems kind of young, but it actually can be linked quickly to the list of 'old lady smells'. I guess this perfume tries to follow the fashion on the runways: re-inventing what allready has been.

guest_heavenbelle
guest_heavenbelle

I have been waiting so long for this perfume to come out and at last the stocks arrived just today here in Melbourne Australia.... I love the powdery scent....I am not so into "strong" perfumes so I really love this one...i LOVE!!!!

Tried two days ago and got a sample.
Today I'm wearing my sample and I have the same impression as first time: perfume-yyyyyy!!!
I'm not saying it stinks, but it really smell like perfume on my skin.
All the listed notes don't show up.
Only orange flowers and pink pepper with some hyacinth, ok, but only if you sniff with much fantasy...
It smell both modern and '70s.
Does anyone remember those '70s blends that smelled like flowers mixed with musky notes that smell like hairspray? That is.
It's a nice smelling concotion for any fashion aware girl and lady who likes to follow latest trends and be noticed for that, because easily it will become a well known trendy perfume.
It gives headache after a while, but I know that all the headache inducing new fragrances launched on market become must for big portions of humankind (sic!)
Lasting power is quite good and the bottle is really beautiful.

Love by Chloe 3.77 out of 5 based on 2041 ratings and 350 user reviews

Chloe Love Eau Intense Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Chloe Love Eau Intense Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Chloe Love Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Chloe Love Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chloe Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Chloe Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Love by Chloe. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Love by Chloe represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.