Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Mira-Bai Chopard for women

Mira-Bai Chopard for women
dislike

Mira-Bai Chopard for women Pictures Mira-Bai Chopard for women Pictures

Mira-Bai by Chopard is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Mira-Bai was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Mark Buxton. Top notes are black currant, plum, peach and bergamot; middle notes are jasmine, rose and brazilian rosewood; base notes are sandalwood, amber, vanilla and cedar.

Black Currant Plum Peach Bergamot

Basalt

Mira-Bai Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Mira Bai is a vanillic fruity floral scent of deliciousness. If you like vanilla the dry down on this fragrance is pure vanilla. The opening is fruits. There's peach plum and black currant. Always a good combination. The heart is floral with rose and jasmine and the base is vanilla and sandalwood. This does tend to remind me of fragrances like Femme by Rochas but I've always thought Femme by Rochas was softer. This one is stronger and more aromatic and fruitier. If you like fruity vanilla this is a treat.

Mira-Bai was kind of metheore where I live. It stayed just a few years and then disappeared from shelves.
I already had big Casmir (the first formula) that it's much sweeter and vanilla, so this one seemed very fruity to me.
I still have a couple of fresh samples from past years. There is no date of creation but I think it was around 1995 or a bit later. I didn't know it was made by Mark Buxton.
At that time I wore Mira-Bai as a fruity relief from Casmir and I really enjoyed it. let me say the fruity scents were not yet a stinky synthetical nightmare like today.
I knew nothing of the beautiful story of Mira-Bai.
Only many years later I came to know about her and wanted to revisit this scents. It makes quite sense as the perfume can recall Indian atmosphere, but it's also a very sparkling and happy scent, without the vague gloominess of many deep orientals.
I would call this one an Oriental Fruity.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Smells warm, happy and delicious, berry, warm spice, pleasant and pretty.

judyk
judyk

Along with jasmine, vanilla and sandalwood, I get peach and black currant in the top notes, but they move swiftly to the background with just the occasional twinkle of currant (nice!) and only a slight fruity sweetness (which is a good thing in my book).

For the record, I find Birmane more fruity and floral. Mira-Bai reminds me more of Cristobal without the wood.

arnela
arnela

This fragrance is soooo tender and soft, real day perfume. Am wearing it almoust 10 years and I like it.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I got my Mira-Bai yesterday. And this is sunny, warm, tempting perfume for me. Would recommend on evening use, OR if You feel like needed to be noticed in good way (not being hiding ;), like - as a person You would never forget with One`s strong being and pure heart of wisdom. This kind of person might wear Mira-Bai.

kittymoon
kittymoon

I got it years ago and I was delighted at first. But despite all the other fancy fragrance notes that are apparently in there I remember only vanilla and peach. I think it's very young and too loud and simple. Smells a bit cheap for my taste.

Aalia
Aalia

this started out pretty lively and fresh for me. I liked the peach and bergamot combo, it kept the peach natural and fresh, rather than too sweet and fake. I liked the vanilla and sandalwood and amber. My favorite is the sandalwood here, but, the vanilla is stronger. At times there is a synthetic feeling, but, it doesn't overwhelm the good points of the perfume. I'd call this a "Sunday morning tea" or "Sunday brunch with friends " perfume, or, a "Weeknight at the coffe house, in a black turtle neck and jeans" type of scent...cozy, gentle, a touch gourmand, a bit sensual, just complex enough..

Indro
Indro

Though a man I can only describe this in three words,Pleasant,Pious & Powerful.My wife loves it & I love it on her.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

Bewilldering scent just as "cashmere". One of the best fragrances which are discodinued, at least in my country. I used to wear it long time ago. A great light oriental, as i remember,in some way tropical with it's fruits blended with spices, suitable for a young girl with more womanly tastes.
10/10/09

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Oh....I love the poetry of Mira Bai, so I must try the fragrance in her honor! Sounds like a feminine delight, with the bergamot, fruit, rosewood, vanilla and jasmine...

hathor
hathor

unfortunately this one was for me a definite no-no!! have decided that such an overdose of plums and peaches and vanilla is not for me. the idea was nice, some story about an indian princess, bottle is really beautiful, most perfumes i can actually get through even if i don't really like them, but this joined calyx in being given away to a grateful colleague.

sjanira
sjanira

I finally got mine and I purely went on reviews on this one. I love most oriental vanillas and this doesn't disappoint. This delightful little bottle holds a very sexy and intoxicating scent inside. I literally get all the notes from this great perfume. Each note is so finely detectable but I couldn't expect less from Chopard. To me Chopard perfumes have such a sex appeal and they do great oriental vanilla perfumes. Only thing is, it's quite similar to Casmir. Mira Bai is just a fresher lighter version of Casmir.

I don't get alot of vanilla in this. I do get that oriental-80s base of amber, vanilla, cedar, but it's more about the peach and currant on my skin. Strangely, it has all the elements I like least together and it even smells like scents I don't like and can't bear to have on my skin, yet there's something about this one that reminds me of Christmas. Not sure what, but I keep sniffing my wrist, saying, "Oh, No. No, no, no. Definitely not." Sniff sniff. Sniff sniff sniff. Sniiiifffffff..

brickbird
brickbird

So so lovely. this perfume used to change my mood. It could immediately play me, making me happy. The combinations of vanilla, fruits and cedar is great
I like the bottle as well

bulyov4e
bulyov4e

Yummmyyyy! A light aroma of apricot jam for me! Some of my friends say it smells of figs and vanilla...
It is not too sticky and long-lasting to be a diabet-threat! Despite of the serious base of sandal, ambre, vanilla and cedar, it is a really girlish edt! The little sister of Casmir!

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Mira Bai is a delightful little fragrance! If you're looking for a gentle, summertime oriental, give it a try. Opening notes are very refreshing - bergamot, citrus, cedar, and a bit of fresh fruit. The base is a delicious praline/vanilla, but it's sheer and not too sweet. Only drawback is that it's almost too subtle, but it's so inexpensive you can afford to reapply as much as you like! Casmir "lite".

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chopard Mira-Bai fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Chopard Mira-Bai, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mira-Bai by Chopard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mira-Bai by Chopard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.