Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike
Total people voted: 2026

I have it: 1447 I had it: 1037 I want it: 890 My signature: 21

caramel
Wish Chopard for women Pictures Wish Chopard for women Pictures Wish Chopard for women Pictures

Wish by Chopard is an Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Wish was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Lorson. Top notes are honeysuckle, black locust, orange blossom, coconut, gooseberry, Brazilian rosewood, pear, black currant and yuzu; middle notes are honey, violet, orchid, milk, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley, jasmine, magnolia and osmanthus; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, vanilla, caramel, incense, tonka bean and toffee.

Perfume rating: 3.64 out of 5 with 2026 votes.

Honeysuckle Strawberry Black locust Orange Blossom Coconut Gooseberry Brazilian Rosewood Pear Black Currant Yuzu

Honey Violet Orchid Milk Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Jasmine Magnolia Osmanthus

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Vanilla Caramel Incense Tonka Bean Toffee

Pulse

Wish Fragrance Reviews

victoriasviews
victoriasviews

I absolutely love this fragrance. I initially picked it up on offer at an airport duty free, and I've been hooked ever since. I intended to use it as an everyday perfume, mostly due to its low price, but it's become one of my top scents. I get a lot of compliments whilst wearing it, and so it makes me want to wear it more.

It's more floral than I would usually choose, but the musky, deeper scents that come after a few minutes wear counteract that for me. It also lasts for ages - I can smell it on my scarves and jackets for days afterwards. It's so cheap to obtain in the UK now, that I keep stockpiling it.

lulami
lulami

If I had to choose a word to describe this perfume the first one that would pop out in my mind would be powerful or overwhelming. I stepped into the shop and this bottle was amongst the first ones on the shelves. I find the bottle so recherché in the design but had no idea what to expect from the perfume. I sprayed it on a piece of paper and I got this overpowering smell right into my nose. I had never smelled something so powerful and my nose got this unexpected surprise. I thought it was a mature scent, so harsh at the opening that I wasn't going to wear at least for now. In conclusion, no matter how many other perfumes I tried, I always ended up smelling only this scent and I got a little bit of a headache. I put the perfumed papers in my bag and turned home always smelling in the air the same perfume. One or two days later, I was lying on my bed reading when my nose detects some sweet vanilla notes, kind of oriental ones, so well blended. The scent reminded me of nothing I had, but then my attention was drown by the bag on the chair where I had placed the papers. I start to sniff them and still this was the only scent left. So I realised not without being utterly surprised that the Ugly duckling had turned into a marvellous swan. I remained completely astonished and mesmerized by what the overwhelming perfume had turned into, that is to say such a divine scent. Now I am so happy that I found this and can't wait to have a full bottle of the perfume. To me is a totally must have for any girl/woman's wardrobe.

La_Douleur_Exquise
La_Douleur_Exquise

I used to wear it a lot, but I got somehow tired of it. Very sweet to me, heavy.

Maymouna
Maymouna

This was a blind buy for me, based on the main accords and reviews here - unfortunately, did not get any creaminess,or coconut, or vanilla, or caramel, or milkiness. What I did get was the patchouli and blackcurrent. Not too keen. Maybe it's a skin match thing. At first sniff after spraying, it smelt cheap.

pinkpinion
pinkpinion

This is one of my all time favourite scents. There are only a few perfumes that I love so much and use so much that I need to buy a new bottle (I always buy a large one of 75ml). I am currently on my fourth. Nb, i wear a lot of different perfumes. This one is definitively not for everyone and it doesn't smell good on every skin. But for me it is a match made in heaven. Love it especially in the winters and at night when i go out. Random people give me compliments ;-)

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Who wished for this perfume? It's one crazy wish. It smells like Angel and Tom Ford Black Orchid had a baby. This is really much sweeter and more enjoyable than either Angel or Black Orchid. I think the reason for this is the strawberry and the yuzu the cassis the fruit scents. It also has vanilla, some caramel and the whole thing can almost pass ...ALMOST..pass for a dupe of La Nuit Tresor by Lancôme. The only downside is the weird milk and coconut note which give it a slight tropical air but it doesn't fit. This is more about the caramel, incense, and the spicy gourmand florals. I can smell the orchid and magnolia but this is like a weird messed up garden lol...It's got a lot of volume and it's loud so wear it with one spritz on any spot you think is good. I feel it's festive and great for parties especially when everyone is drinking and they'll think their minds are playing tricks with them when they come up to you and smell this on you. This is also reminiscent of Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum. It's got a lot going on and smells amazing. Love it.

emt1986
emt1986

I bought Wish because I like Angel, but not enough to pay for it. It might not be an exact clone, but they're fraternal twins. Angel die-hards can disagree all they want, but they're both patch-bomb dessert gourmands with a crazy mish-mash of other notes and the kitchen sink thrown in just for funsies, which is plenty to account for the undeniable correlation. Wish isn't as beast-mode, either, but that's for the best because it's really more wearable; the toothpaste-y bit that keeps me from loving Angel is much softer here. If you own and adore Angel, then there's no reason for you to buy Wish. But if you want a passable, good-quality, inoffensive alternative to Angel for a bargain price? Here ya go. Smells great.

lulu169

dont be afraid wearing this in hot summer! somehow this manages to be warm in winter and cold in summer, just Genius!

lemonzest
lemonzest

I have worn Wish off and on for about six months. The more I wear it, the more I love it. The reviews here baffle me though.

1. Wish is not that much like Angel. I have tried and failed with Angel many times, but something in Angel is just evil with my chemistry. Wish and Angel are not alike, neither from the bottle nor on my skin. If you are wary of Wish because you dislike Angel, you shouldn't be afraid to try it. Perhaps you will be happily surprised!

2. Wish smells so beautiful when it works. The opening is sweet caramel-vanilla, then fresh patchouli, then an amalgam of who knows what...there are so many excellent notes here! It's all about the scent with perfumes, and Wish smells elegant yet warm. It smells like victory and adulation and hope.

3. Wish can be judged on its own merit, yet one can also consider it in light of other Lorson creations. Specifically Encre Noir. Wish and Encre Noir smell nothing alike at all, but they feel built the same. Both project a beautiful aura of fragrance much better than the sum of their notes. Same goes for Lalique's Amethyst: while some strands of scent leap out, the overall effect has a unity not always found in perfumes.

4. How can this be only about $20? Wish is a gorgeous, haunting vanilla scent in a beautiful bottle. Just wow. I have definitely paid a lot more for a lot less.

5. Wish is a sweet patchouli gourmand that miraculously works in warm or cold weather. When I first tried this in the fall, I figured it was cold weather only. However, the fresh herbal patchouli makes this nice even in spring. Summer with its triple digit heat? Not so sure yet.

Keep an open mind but try before you buy; it's obvious from reviews that people are divided on this one.

wendyha
wendyha

Lots of my friends loved Wish and Angel, but I always found them too sweet and too candylike and not special enough.

Yesterday I thought that a colleague of mine smelled nice, so I asked her what she was wearing and it was... Wish!!!

So today I went to the drugstore and tested Wish, but it still isn't special enough for me. And the longevity really isn't that great. It is definitely a nice scent, but on me it is just too middle of the road. It is a oriental vanilla scent and lately I am very fond of those, I fell in love with Siam Flamboyant from ID Parfums and with Birmane by Van Cleef and Arpels and I am also very fond of Want by DSquared, but Wish really isn't special enough. Since I like Siam Flamboyant, of which I just purchased a 60 ml bottle so much better, I would never wear Wish, so there was no reason for me to buy it.

I always thought that Wish smelled a lot like Angel and I do love and own Alien by Thierry Mugler, so next time when I am in a perfumery, I will test Angel, to see if that one smells better on me.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i tried this and i see the angel comparisons, but it was clearer, less dirty, less complex and less heavy on the patchouli. i dunno, i personally prefer angel. i need some dirt with my cake. chopard was just a bit too sweet for my tastes without the other elements to balance it out.

rockgirl
rockgirl

This one is not for me. I have a 1 oz. sprayed once up for trade for a full size 1 - 1.7 oz. of something else if anyone is interested. Box included. No samples please. I collect larger sizes only

cay.pelon
cay.pelon

oof. This one is not for me. I can't smell any gourmand notes. What I do smell is lots and lots of powder. This fragrance, on me, is very linear. It really reminds me of a Glade bathroom spray. Maybe I'll come back to this in the winter and smell something better but for now I'm going to give up on blind buys for a while. The bottle is absolutely beautiful so I won't be giving it away. Yeah, I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Solar Girl
Solar Girl

Oh boy, how I wanted this to smell good, like in comments! But with my body chemistry it is a disaster.

Top notes and opening last forever on my skin, at least 3+ hours. And in that opening is just bitter and sour lemon, incense and woody notes and some patchouly, very sour, dry, witch type of smell. Like humid, old basement or mold or swamp.

Nothing like Angel, there is just too much citrus and flowers that don't work well at all with the patchouli and incense.
Finally 5 hours later, or the next morning, I can sense some sweeter notes and some milky round caramelized touch.

But that is the drydown phase and I can't help but wonder how is possible that most people get caramel and vanilla and honey and milk and I get this horror.

I so much wanted to get the gourmand, lighter-then-Angel and affordable fragrance.
better luck next time :)

Madrona
Madrona

I feel like the only person on this site who has never even smelled Angel, so I cannot say anything about the supposed similarity to said perfume. What I can say is that Wish is an extremely pleasant scent on my skin, there is not a single offensive quality about it. The listed notes seem to include everything but the kitchen sink and it works for me. Gourmand without being over-the-top sweet. Lovely.

EDIT: After smelling both Angel EdP and EdT on my skin, I can say that this is infinitely more wearable and way less polarizing. The patchouli note is considerably smaller in this one compared to Angel, so if Angel is too hardcore for you, don't be scared to try Wish.

EDIT 2: I applied Wish liberally before going to bed last night and put Lolita Lempicka on this morning. I subsequently headed to the gym, and as I was working out, a familiar smell started making its way into my nostrils... Angel EdP. It has been weeks since I used up my sample of Angel, so I thought I'd share this curious incident.

EDIT 3: I just got a whole big 75 ml thing of this as I have almost used up the 5 ml mini the review was based on. The mini was definitely an older one, and it smells better than what comes out of my large bottle. I don't know if it is the age that has changed the scent or if there has been a reformulation since 1999, but the mini smells a bit better to my nose. Warmer and a bit sweeter, somehow. There is a somewhat unpleasant note that is not present in the old one, so I don't know...

EDIT 4 (last one, I promise): Three days after getting the fullsize bottle I compare my mini with it yet again and actually prefer what comes out of the big bottle?! What is going on? I guess this is more complex than I thought!

Eugirlsniffs

This was a very unfortunate blind buy for me. I gave it a few tries since most of you here said that it might develop into something beautiful. Well, on me it got stuck in the nausea inducing stage. So much so that I literally had to scrub it off. Now I do like a sweet fragrance but this is probably amongst my top three worst perfumes ever. It has absolutely NO resemblance to Opium ( one of my favorites ), this is just sickeningly and artificially sweet on me. Please take this big 75 ml bottle off my hands. I cannot even detect any flowers or caramels or anything, just the kitchy syrupy sweetness that is unbearable.

dormir6
dormir6

My nose just gets a faint sweetness, similar any other sweet perfumes' drydown. I expected something stronger, milky, caramel heaven. I keep on trying, but I am so dissapointed.
And I also got a slight resemblance with Gres Madame Gres.
And Angel???? Oh, my God....it is as far away as an other galaxy. Not the same strength, intensity. No dirty/clean patchulie. DO NOT buy it for a dupe!!!!!!
After a few weeks I am getting to used to it. It is a faint honeyed licquerish linear fume. But not as gourmand, and Delicious as the notes suggest.

hithorys
hithorys

It's time for another "Good Idea/Bad Idea"!

Good Idea: Wearing Chopard's Wish on a good day!

Bad Idea: Wearing Chopard's Wish on a headache day.

The End.

(I promise a more detailed review later, but, timing is key with this one. I had a... Bad Idea today and I hope my bad idea will help you out. I've never had it *start* trouble, so you know; apparently it has to be brewing already. :-P)

Zackkcaz
Zackkcaz

Simply sweet with a warm twist. Wish it lasted longer. End of the dry down smells like a cheap baby powder. Over all a good juice that is worth the price.

DIVa999
DIVa999

Honey, honey, honey, vanilla, caramel and toffee with a light hint, touch of sandalwood. I was looking for this fragrance for so many years, because on one of my colleagues it played like a brilliant: jasmine and vanilla. I can feel all these sweets I mentioned above plus tart patchouli. Unfortunately, my Wish is flat. Don't even try to compare it with Angel by Thierry Mugler. The sweetness is the one thing in common. Angel has so many feathers on its wings! And brilliant of Wish cut just poorly. For me, for my skin. I wanted the diamond, I got just Swarowski crystal. I left in tears...))))

pearliespring
pearliespring

It's actually the first fragrance I have purchased for myself and it smells so good! It smells of caramel and vanilla, very sweet, pleasant and warm. Later it fades to something floral but remains very pleasant. Quite long-lasting as well. It was a blind buy but I adore it.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I don't find this to be overly similar to Angel, but I can see why others do. I think it's the heavy patchouli note. I just sprayed it about half an hour ago, and it's really strong. I happen to like strong fragrances, so I'm hoping it has good longevity. It's not as sweet as I'd thought it would be. I also find it to be rather mature smelling. It doesn't have that medicinal smell that I have issue with in Angel.

It's my first Chopard fragrance, and it's encouraging me to try some of their other perfumes. I like the bottle itself too, with its diamond shape and blue liquid. I'm hoping my husband likes how this smells on me.

charmedbella
charmedbella

I do not like Angel and can't wear it because it makes me ill. Wish, to my nose, is not like Angel at all.

This was a blind swap and I'm so very happy! I love this perfume and I immediately moved it to my "love" shelf!

It starts off with a juicy, fruity opening. Strawberry, coconut, pear. It's very sweet and delicious! I couldn't stop sniffing my arm!

Next, I get honey, patchouli, cream, and flowers. It's so creamy, cool, and smooth. The fruits are still in the background.

The base comes in with decadent caramel, vanilla, and toffee. Like a creamy vanilla ice cream covered in caramel syrup, chunks of strawberries, and toffee pieces. It's utterly divine!

I find this to be more of a soft-moderate in terms of sillage. It's definitely not overpowering or cloying. You could probably wear this to work and not offend as long as you don't over spray.

Longevity is about 6+ hours on clothes.

I have a feeling I am going to be wearing this a lot! Total love-at-first-sniff!

radostta
radostta

It's too sweet and annoying. I use this for air freshener.

OrientalFruityGourmand
OrientalFruityGourmand

Often with parfumes I tend to rush to judgement before I wait long enough for them to bloom fully. Choppard Wish was the first fragrance that taught me the value of patience in parfume shopping. Wait. It. Out!

In the bottle: smells acrid, ammonia like and reminds me of urine

In the first half hour: smells like men's cologne

Within an hour: marries harmoniously with my body chemistry and smells amazing.

I cannot discuss the top notes because I ignore the first hour of this scent.

The dry down is my main interest and my joy! On my skin, Wish dries down to a mysterious and sensual mix of warm incense, vanilla creamy milk and sweet honey sandalwood. I enjoy Wish immensely. The incense and milk keep me buying this fragrance again and again. I hope Choppard never stops making this!

In summer, I layer this with coconut essential oil.

dodom23
dodom23

After a few applies I was disappointed. My skin turned it into something like catpee. But I thought this is a really complex fragrance, I need to let my skin get used to it. Actually I think I was in the wrong phase biologically too..when my nose is too sensitive for everything. So I tried again and again.
Then once (after several tries) miracle just happened. My skin somehow started to tolerate this. Ohh and how beautifully..:)This already happened before to me.
Please everyone who doesn't like it at first give it more time to evolve.
At first, smokey woodsy notes are recognizable and then vanilla and toffee comes forward.
Actually, I know angel but never owned, so I just can judge it from far, I think they are similar in the caramel note which is recognizable in both perfumes.
When I sniff my wrist, always makes me dreaming about angel, which I never thought will happen.:) So I guess once I need to have angel too.

cryssieD3
cryssieD3

I have a bottle of this 2.5 oz/75ml if anyone would like to swap.

shell_bell
shell_bell

Definitely starts off as a blast of Angel but settles down to something COMPLETELY different with a lovely sweet drydown. Gorgeous fragrance but doesn't sit right on my skin.

Full bottle up for trade to anyone in the States. :)

edlih
edlih

Today i decided to wear Wish because I have a lacy Sunday, I also have Angel but with the best wil of the world I can't smell a similarity between them. I don't love wish but I see it as a good perfume to wear for hanging around at home. And so I empty the bottle.
I will not buy this again when the bottle is empty, despite the very moderate price, I prefer pricewise the even a lot cheaper truth or dare Naked of Madonna.

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

This is a great scent and my sister's signature. She is almost 15, very strong and quite mature for her age.

She doesn't like the stereotipical teen-fragrances that most of her friends wear, but appreciates complex, unique compositions with a lot of sillage. So she fell in love with Thierry Mugler's Angel as soon as she smelled it, but of course she couldn't afford a bottle of that.

This perfume is a close dupe and fits so much her skin chemistry and personality. It is a gorgeous gourmand and its patchouli note is amazing: sweet, but earthy and deep.

The price is so good for its worth and the bottle looks so beautiful. It's a must for your collection if you love elaborate gourmands.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Wish by Chopard works so much better for me than Thierry Mugler’s Angel! I can definitely pick up on the resemblance, but Angel was a sour patchouli bomb on me whereas Wish is a sweet honey patchouli that is divine! I personally love strong fragrances and Wish is going to be perfect during the winter months when it is bitter cold outside. I got this in a swap without previously smelling it and I have to say that I think it is fantastic, a wonderful surprise and the bottle is beautiful!

banoffee
banoffee

Bought it a month ago and waited for the right time to open. Today was the day and I've been pleased. It's a cold and windy winters day and it was a perfect one to wear it for the first time. This was a blind buy after reading all your comments and it is a hit but...since I've already got a La Perla J'aime la nuit they seem so similar! This is why you should never blind buy. Even if it smells fantastic, why choose something that's so close to what you already know...The bottle's stunning though.

Mynotaur
Mynotaur

Angel makes me ill, but I like wish. It's much easier to deal with.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

So initially this does smell a lot like Angel. The patchouli is most prominent at first. But from then on, I completely agree with the votes above. Very heavy on the caramel and vanilla. I would like this as a cheaper alternative to Angel. A small bottle would be good, for winter days when I want to feel warm and cosy.

dipisor
dipisor

Ok...this was a blind buy. So, after a big headache from the top notes and 20 min. later...I'm in love :) It develops into something gorgeous. The powdery note is so strong on my skin and it's kinda like the smell of old books, which I adore :) I expected to be sweeter, but it's ok, cause the powder makes all the difference. This is heaven ;)

P.S. After 1 and a half hour, the vanilla sweetness started to grow, so it's perfect.

Mrs.Chance
Mrs.Chance

starting like tm angel but then it turns very warm vanilla with milk and caramel ımm..good for winter.
it's my signature fragrance. <3

The_Entity
The_Entity

Like Angel, but I remember this having more fruity undertones to it

Red Theodora
Red Theodora

Well, I'm a newcomer to Chopard fragrances, but judging by Wish I'm going to be giving others a try. This was a blind buy for me. I simply liked the notes and it was only $13.00 on ebay. What a score! It's a wonderful, warm and cozy scent for late autumn and winter.

Chocobooh
Chocobooh

Oh, how I love the drydown of this one. A sweet caramel/vanilla scent that lingers for hours.
Too bad the first few hours of powdery florals just gives me the worst headache... :(

Adrian_jacobs1984
Adrian_jacobs1984

Better than Angel. But still way too sugary and just YUCK!!!

rociito.moon
rociito.moon

Doesn't smell like Angel, nothing at all. Smells like berries. Poor sillage, and poor longevity, but great price.

KarlekLila

I received this perfume as gift last Christmas and happily wore it all winter. As I reviewed a few days after receiving it, freezing winter weather brings out the sweetness culminating in caramelized sugar cookies. summer heat makes it oppressively sweet and the individual notes fall flat. However crisp autumn weather brings out the berries (strawberries & black currents) and patchouli with toffee undertone. On my skin or hair it lasts about five or six hours with a sweet carmel drydown. On fabric it literally lasts a week or longer. I sprayed a scarf with this (2 Sprays) and a week later I could still smell toffee coated strawberries with a patch note in the background that reminded me of fall in all it's resplendent, colored leaf glory. In short it's autumn in a bottle!

alaub
alaub

This was a blind buy so, I don't know if I recieved a spoiled bottle of this, but it smells terrible. I don't get any of the notes above, other than patchouli and flowers. It smells like a strong alcoholic nightmare. It's nothing like Angel, at least not to my nose. I was craving the caramel, vanilla, and honey so badly, but its not there whatsoever. Bottom line, I hate this. So disappointed :(

pyttlc
pyttlc

This is Chopard perfume and sillage good,longevity good. However i dislike the smell.

The nose behind created several perfume that i like. Wish has a dominating note lasting from top to bottom which for me is unpleasant. It's a kind of sweetness in a cool way, yes but not charming and lovely.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

My skin does NOT like Angel. I find NONE of the loveliness that legions of fans profess. I got Wish on a blind swap knowing it was similar but "easier"? I hoped it would allow me to experience the a little bit of the Angel passion. Well it is "easier" in that it is not as overwhelming as Angel, definitely softer in tone and gentle. BUT whatever note combo makes Angel so divisive is also most definitely in Wish. It's like saying you hate okra unless it's fried. Uuummmm......NOT .... Still slimey okra!!! If you absolutely cannot do Angel but wished you could.....keep wishing because "Wish" is NOT your wish!!

But if you love Angel but just want a bit less of it. This might very well be your "Wish" come true. :-)

lilymorena
lilymorena

I decided to write this review because I see a lot of people comparing Wish and Angel. I have both and I like both scents. I can say that Angel EDT softer is than Angel EDP. Side by side Angel EDT is far complexer and stronger than Wish. I am right now testing both on my back hands en arms. The first blast of both is alcohol. A second later Wish turns into a innofensive skin scent with Sugar, vanille and flowers in the background. Angel EDT is stronger with praline and berries. There is a lot going on here. Patchouli begins to appear on both and again Angel wins in every possible way. Patchouli in Angel is quite earthy and in Wish linear, generic. I think it is a question of taste. I would say that Wish is a light day scent, almost a baby lotion. Angel is a night dark one that keeps changing and for beter each time. I do get sometimes a wiff of Angel???? in Wish but more as a wiff of Sugar and vanille. Wish is not bad but there is nothing like Angel.

Bee-young-ka
Bee-young-ka

Finally, here it is. what I have been looking for.
A bit Like Star by TM, and I can see how it has some of the same notes as Angel but it really isn't anything like Angel.
It is its own scent.
Caramel is the front but its so much more.
Sleek, classy, grown up,but eat me sexy.
this is my new signature.
Before was Star by TM.
but Angel this Isn't.

Nowhere near as much Patch.

and the caramel or maybe toffee? it's out the freezer not out the oven.

Scent 10/10
Bottle 10/10

lulu169

what a masterpiece! sweet in a cool way, unique, intense, light, deep, smoky, sophisticated, complex, TIMELESS. hard to describe in words. I love to layer it with Gold Sugar to make it even more complex and gorgeous

lauren.moss
lauren.moss

What a cool sweetness Wish has! It's not easy to balance the bubbly sugar with a clean, mature finish but this is a really great example of how it can be done.

Nathalie Lorson is my Queen Nose for a reason, and like my beloved Sicily, Wish succeeds in balancing the bright and happy with the clean and elegant. It opens terribly sharply for me with some really acidic pear and strawberry, but it reliably moves into a honey-toffee-vanilla drydown that is actually understated and mature. It's a surprisingly complex scent and I really feel like it could oust Sicily from my signature given time!

I'm SO buying as many of Lorson's scents as possible.

elena catinca
elena catinca

I used to wear this parfum during the wintertime, but this year I used it in july on the seaside in Greece. It was almost fresh-sweet, a very interesting and v. good evolution of this perfum.

cassadaga
cassadaga

I sprayed this on myself in duty free on the way to Amsterdam and thought it smelt horrendous.
It wasn't until much later that day that I kept smelling this gorgeous caramel, vanilla, powdery smell. I thought it was just something in Amsterdam that smelt good, until I realised it was me. The dry down is lovely and very sophisticated. I mostly reserve this fragrance for night time wear as I feel it's quite "grown up" compared to other fragrances that I own.

foxy_princess

First spray is sharp wood and some baby powder in the background. Then After two hours is morphs into a pretty vanilla/powder/incense. i hate the intitial stage and it takes so long to get to the stage that i like that I tend not to reach for this as often. Happy I only have the 30ml version. My mum likes it so she can help me finish it in the colder months. Btw this smells absolutely NOTHING like angel, half the notes are the same but they are in a different arrangement. Angel is a patchouli and chocolate coated honey bomb, this is more of a woody powder with a hint of vanilla and the silage is very soft, this tends to smell better on clothing too.

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

The first spray of wish is beautiful, if not too Angel-esque; same sweet overload vibe but much less menthol and patchouli. Afterwards it morphs slightly towards the now over-loaded flowerbomb territory, but less trashy.

Wonder how so many different notes feature in wish, as it smells less complex, red berries, lots of sugar, coconut, milky vanilla. Maybe some non-descript florals too. Where Angel is multifacetted, sweet, dark, fruity, woody... Wish is more gentle, with less darkness and mystery.. you could do much worse in the gourmand department. Quite enjoyable fruity coconutty milky concoction.

scent: 7/10
longevity: 5/10
sillage: 6/10

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Wish is a beautifully distant ice princess, with fire in her eyes.
There is an almost impossibly perfect play of hot with cold... the caramel is upfront and vibrates with warmth, but frozen candied violet petals stop it short of becoming molten lava, as it often does.
Milk is there... I don't smell Wish and think, "yep, there's the milk", but it is clear to me that it is responsible for being the mild medium that harmonizes all of the strong players... the iced bouquet of flowers with toffee and baked fruits... vanilla ice cream over a bubbling berry compote.
Frolicking among crystalline snowflakes, the fairies rejoice at the sight of their decadent dessert.

Swamp Lily
Swamp Lily

A long lasting grown up gourmand with massive sillage. This is fruity. I keep thinking of raspberry although that is not listed in the notes. The patchouli and incense keep the caramelly berry well balanced. With so many hyper-sugary gourmands that seem to be intended for a very young market, Wish is a happy find.

allie kat
allie kat

I wonder if I would have noticed a similarity to The Angel if I hadn't read about it here. Too late now though, the notion is embedded in my mind. So if you couldn't wear angel because of its over powering nature this could be a suitable alternative as it's a quiet, refined and softly spoken lady, beautiful in her own right, unfairly compared to an independent, in your face vixen like Angel.

Wheaters
Wheaters

"Ahhhh" is how I feel about Wish.
Sweet, powdery, elegant, understated.
I don't think it is like Angel. Angel on me smells musty in a gone-off way and is overpowering.
Wish is a subtle, classic beauty. The caramel dry down is gorgeous. .
You inhale of Wish, and then you go, "ahhhhhh". You can't help it. It's like a reflex reaction :)
I have no idea about the notes here apart from the caramel at the very end as mentioned. It is powdery but I don't know from what; can only assume Violet although cannot discern as Violet. I would like the milk to be more prominent, I am becoming quite taken with milk in perfumes. It doesn't matter that it isn't though. The whole thing is a masterpiece.

Nice one, Chopard.

Edit: I've demoted Wish from "favourites" to merely "perfumes I love" because of its poor longevity and sillage. I have to apply it heavily and repeatedly to be able to smell it, and for anyone else to be able to smell it. What a shame, as the scent is so beautiful :(

TL;DR: soft caramel powder. Longevity and sillage poor.

shadiiii
shadiiii

من این عطر رو خریدم بویش رو دوست نداشتم برای سن بالای 40 سال خوبه بویش یک مقدار قدیمیه من بدون تست خریدم و پشیمون شدم

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

I don't know where the Angel and Wish comparisons came from but I think Wish might be Angels baby teenage sister...I'm a woman...I wear Angel. The only thing I think are the same about these they have pretty bottles with blue juice and silver lids...

Edit: I was very put off by this fragrance (blind buy) when I first got it. I made a SNAP decision that it was too sweet for me and gave it to my 15 year old (she actually gave it back!!! ) I have been using it after my bath at night. This afternoon I was taking a Saturday nap and what the heck! My sheets smelled so yummy..I figure yummy is a good thing to smell like for bed. So I have found a use for this one after all! This fragrance is an enigma to me...my 15 year old doesn't like it..I am struggling to but it is a great fragrance, by a great perfume house!

Eugirlsniffs

I don't know Angel but this smells exactly like Madame Gres on my skin. I like it. Lasts for a few hours, even longer on clothes.

nancyjoyl
nancyjoyl

This is powdery and perfect for winter evenings. It's a warm fragrance that does linger and you don't need too much to make an impact. Just a spritz on wrists is enough for me.

I do not like Angel but I like Wish..Angel is stronger with a dirty undertone and it is more dry and liquorish.
Wish is a straightforward vanilla scent with an oriental/floral vibe, it smells nice, smooth, but doesn't develop much!?it is a bit of a cold scent, like most Chopard are to my nose...so I like it, but I don't have to have it...it is a bit like Lancome Hypnose to my nose..after a while I just get bored with it..so many notes to smell like simply vanilla in the end!!

sasana
sasana

I have the same reaction on this perfume like on Angel. I become nauseous when I smell it :( shame really, so many nice ingredients. But it's simply not for me.

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Gorgeous. Not an Angel dupe.

Sorry, it is very distinct from Angel. It certainly lacks the patchouli blast you get from Angel for women.

Chopard Wish is classy and seductive. Please note the honeysuckle. That really sets this one apart.

If you love Angel, you might want to add this to your collection. But it's no dupe.

Great staying power. Radiates a powdery aura. Definitely worth owning. There's a flanker that has more patchouli in it called Chopard Wish Magical Nights. It's pricey though. Might be discontinued. Not sure.

angelapaul
angelapaul

Wow, this one has a lot going on - soft florals and fruits, sweet edible elements, earthy patchouli / amber, and sweet spicy woods. I'm really enjoying this sweet, elegant, complex brew.

The faceted diamond-style bottle is lovely too.

I'll be getting a full bottle ASAP.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

Circuit Fairy put it correctly: "no idea how to react"! Wish opens with a sharp, medicinal musk. This is the worst phase of this scent. Fortunately, the musk fades, and the caramel note enters.

Unfortunately, this is not a cream caramel, but carmelized sugar. It's a little too thin and too sweet. I really wish that there were more body to this portion of the scent. Once the toffee enters, and the sandalwood, it becomes lovely. I also detect a touch of anise, although it's not listed in the notes. As the caramel disappears, incense enters, and for a couple of hours Wish is a sweet, spicy, smoky, buttery, slightly nutty joy.

Then the weirdest thing happens. Suddenly cool cream and chilled strawberries catch your nose. Close to the skin, but fresh, cold, and natural smelling.

Eventually Wish dies down to a soft vanilla, sandalwood, and rosewood accord. Warm, a little sweet, a little spicy. It's an interesting journey. Wish is addictive, mostly because of the unexpected twist in the middle. On my skin the other listed notes do not appear.

I like it. I'm not yet sure that I love it...

EDIT: I *love* this scent. In warmer weather the spice comes out, and the early phases are almost reminiscent of an oriental, rather than a gourmand. Fabulous! The strawberry phase continues to be unexpected, but delicious (and I hate gourmands, as a rule). Wish is weirdly wonderful.

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

Wish opens very spicy full forward patchouli which gave me a slight nauseating feeling upon first application. I think my brain had a bit of process overload. Not because of the patchouli but because it was an overwhelming sensation from all the notes. However, as it goes through its dry down it develops into something magical and enchanting.

I do LOVE Wish, the feeling it arouses is similar in that you have no idea how to react to being granted a wish and just like a wish the outcome can vary from person to person. This is the apedomy of this fragrance. It is mysterious and ever changing throughout the day like an endless cosmic rebirth.

Great projection and lasting power is awesome!

FloralMoonlight
FloralMoonlight

Wow! This was a blind buy ($18 on Amazon) and I really didn't know what to expect. At first, it's a juicy, elegant floral. As it dries it turns powdery on my skin, which I don't like (could just be my skin chemistry) but then it turns slightly fruity, but more of a light floral. Very interesting. I can pick out many of the notes throughout the transformation, but it is definitely well blended. This might be the most high quality fragrance I own. This is my first Chopard fragrance and I'm very impressed. I wish the lotion wasn't so expensive, but the perfume (2.5oz) was only $18 + free shipping, so I'm happy for sure. My only minor complaint is that the liquid is blue; not the bottle. The bottle design is great, but I would like a colored bottle rather than a clear one.

rohmhild
rohmhild

This perfume was never ever a version of Angel. This is the bottle stuff that makes think this way. The juice is absolutely different and has nothing to do with any of Angels. It is warm and sweet and almost all about caramel and milk, but with some magic in them! Excellent for winter holidays. I adore it.

noonbob
noonbob

This is a sweet pretty version of Thierry Mugler's Angel. It does smell similar though it doesn't have the kick you get from Angel.
I would say it's a perfume you should buy if want a similar smell to Angel but don't want to spend too much money.

I also agree with reference to it smelling like YSl Opium. I do get a hint of opium.
But overall I love this perfume, it lasts long and the sillage is great !
A great perfume and I'm glad it's in my collection.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

Wish was a bit sweeter than I wanted it to be, at first. However once I let it sit for a while I smelled the milk, honey and chocolate in it! The lasting power is amazing and the sweetness eventually tapers off. Great silage too! I was initially upset because I could only find itin the 2.5 oz bottle. I thought, 'If I fall in love with it this won't be enough!' Turns out just a little goes a really long way!

marcello19
marcello19

Not bad, but Angel has more personality than this. Wish smells similar to both Angel and Innocent, but lacks of identity I think, nothing groundbreaking, plus it has almost no sillage on me (well, on me, Angel has no sillage either, so not a surprise).

mllekuz
mllekuz

"I smell Opium!" That's what a coworker of mine exclaimed while I was helping her with a project. Obviously, she was referring to YSL's "Opium", which was once a popular fragrance. Now, I've heard of Opium, but I've never smelled it, so I popped on over to its Fragrantica page to compare notes with Wish.

Here are the notes that the two perfumes have in common: lily-of-the-valley, sandalwood, incense, coconut, amber, patchouli, and vanilla.

My two cents? I can mostly smell the incense, patchouli, caramel, and maybe a little bit of vanilla. There is a "sharpness" to it occasionally that makes me think I might be smelling the amber. I'm not quite sure however, because I am SUPER new to perfumes. I only own two perfumes, Wish being one of them.

I like this, but I don't love it. Yet. This is definitely one of those perfumes that could respond differently in certain weather.

I will update with a more dazzling review when Wish finally seduces me.

nieninque
nieninque

On paper, this was everything I love. I should have adored it. However, underneath all the lovely notes that I do get, there is this off, dusty smell that I couldn't get over. I gave this away because I just didn't like it. Something always "poked" my nose whenever I was wearing it.

francie79
francie79

This was a blind buy and for what I paid, 17 bucks for 2.5oz, it is ok. On my skin it is very light and I was hoping for more sillage but I have a feeling that in the summer it might be better. I smell mostly caramel/toffee, vanilla, and incense on my skin. Nice but nothing earthshattering. I got this hoping it would have the umph of Angel but it's just too light and I like stronger, louder fragrances.

dlci
dlci

Blind buy and i love this, although be warned, do not over spray! Quite heavy and sillage is awesome. I find ONE spray lasts me throughout the day, very long lasting. Looking at the notes i never would've known all that was in this, very well blended. My nose smells the caramel, vanilla, milk, patchouli and wee bit of incense. This is a comfort smell for me, great for cold weather!

KarlekLila

UPDATE: It takes quite cold weather to bring out the true sugary beauty of this fragrance! I went for a walk by the lake this afternoon in 35F degree temps. Though it was cold it was quite sunny and beautiful. As I walked I kept getting wafts of the scent of sugar cookies. I sniffed my wrist and sure enough it was my beloved Wish that I had sprayed at 8am this morning. Delicious on a cold day!

KarlekLila

Before ever having tested this scent I was enamored of the wonderful variety of notes listed. Imagine my surprise when I was gifted a bottle from my baby brother for Christmas. I immediately opened the box to spray a bit into the cap only to be hit with a huge patchouli wave that instantly reminded me of Thierry Mugler's "Angel". However, rather than show my immediate displeasure I sprayed a single spray on one wrist to which everyone in the room smelled and responded that it was a lovely scent. On my skin the patchouli smell died down and began to meld lusciously with my body chemistry and the myriad of floral fruity notes. I was unable to distiguish any particular notes due to the scent being so well blended as Chopard pefumes are so well known for. I was genuinely thankful that I'd been gifted a perfume I'd been wanting to test for so long.

A few hours later as the general fruity florals gave way to the dry down notes I began to smell a more powdery sugary mix of toffee, caramel, vanilla and sandalwood notes, none of which emerged over the other. The end result is a comforting sweet bakery scent. Wonderful! Now 4 days later, having worn the perfume every day since receiving it I discovered that I can discern individual notes. Each time I spray it I can detect a different note, always ending in the same lusciously sweet dry down. (This morning I caught a lovely but brief whiff of fresh strawberry which gave way to honey).

I definately understand why this scent has such mixed reviews! I'm quite positive it smells completely different on everyone and may not be the ideal perfume for some. At such affordable prices for the real juice on amazon or fragrance.net (rather than the $109 per bottle on the Chopard website) it's definately worth purchasing! I truly love this perfume, which comes as a great relief since I was so afraid that I would end up hating it.

kasks
kasks

Chopard wish had me enamored even before I tried it. The notes sound absolutely heavenly. The bottle looks brilliant. But even on heavily moisturized skin, this scent decided to go into hiding. I have to inhale deeply to get the wonderful sweet, cosy and powdery essence, before it disappears. Its fruity sweet in the beginning and it mellows to a delicious, slightly deep vanilla. I can imagine that this would develop beautifully with the right skin chemistry. Do try this out, but test before picking up a bottle.

ladyjaemaree
ladyjaemaree

Gorgeous bottle but unfortunately this one made me nauseous as there's just so much going on with the notes.

Sinotah
Sinotah

This was a very pleasant surprise.. It is very soft, sweet but yet a little soapy, in a positive way. I too own CW Magical Nights, which is a little more 'cold' or fresher. Orininal wish is warm, but not in a cloying way. the caramel and honey stand out in this one. I'd say this one is wearable for every season, but I prefer winter and colder days, she then tends to be more comforting. Very nice for it's price!

mystica
mystica

I am sure that this scent behaves different on everyone and even on the same person in a given time. That's the reason for contradicting reviews which I can relate to, and this leads me to the conclusion that Chopard Wish chooses its wearer and not the other way around.

Chopard Wish is either a weak, artificial, fruity/floral patchouli scent; or a dream.

I am on a dream day and experiencing the dream part now:

That's lipstick rose, the loveliest smell of make-up/powder combined with the loveliest baby wipes + baby shampoo smell in an enveloping, sexy way. There is a soft, cotton candy vibe to it. Adorable!

I do recommend that you generously sample this scent for a few times to see how you do with it, or how it does with you.

lirael00
lirael00

I couldn't agree more with you Elina1984. It's all about patchouli and it's very hard to detect any vanilla or caramel notes. Definitely for patchouli and Angel lovers. Although I have to admit that I still quite like it because it's a weaker version (weaker here means better as it's not so cloying) of Angel, that for me doesn't work at all.

ellina1984
ellina1984

All these beautiful notes, and all I get is patchouli. Patchouli in the same vein as Angel, which this is very reminiscent of. Definitely not safe to blind buy, seeing as the edible notes seem to be lost on so many people, including myself.

lilou
lilou

I love it ! Caramel, vanilla, milk and patchouli : a true sugary cocoon, warm, delicate and comforting.
Closer to Sweet Darling - Kylie Minogue than Angel.
It's beautiful, feminine and sweet.
It was a blinb buy and I'm happy to have it now !
Excellent longevity.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Very sugary, appealingly artificial, like Angel, but definitely its own perfume, not a clone, a cousin, but not a clone, and not from the bad side of the family either, satisfying

AnaRamona
AnaRamona

I got it as a gift yesterday. I love the bottle. It's spicy. It's feminine and sexy. It that kind of perfume you smell on a woman and you wonder what she's wearing. I love it.

Tine1world
Tine1world

To me Chopard's 'Wish' smells different every time I use it. To me in all it's star like glory, twinkles intermittedly like it's orbiting a distant yet brilliant Super Giant. It's complex set of notes appears a different shade with each use, and I prefer to use this in the cold weather.

The whole persona of this fragrance reminds me of entering a 'Chopard' Venue. A grand yet understated entrance to minimalist and discrete hidden wares on offer. This is the entry to the world of indulgence. This lingers over your joy of the event. This affords you the memory of luxury. This introduces and seduces your sensual nature. This surprises you by it's adaptability of the senses.

It reminds me a little of Cacharel's 'Liberte'

This fragrance is in this country is very affordable. I purchased this a 75 mill EDP flacon for myself last Christmas for 20.00 Australian Dollars.

It feels like the most luxurious fragrance I own.

Cheers T.

Bublegum
Bublegum

Yes Wish indeed brings a resemblance to Angel but no it is not a lighter version or something as some people might wait. They share some common notes with Angel and Wish was also made the same decade, when the experiment with gourmand ingredients was developing. In any case, I don't find it a cheaper immitation of Angel. It is a different perfume in my opinion. Maybe it is more convenient to wear, since Angel has a mystery on it. Nothing strange here, vanilla, powder, caramel, honey and a hint of incense! Great for winter or a cold fall evening.

jennibean
jennibean

Oh me, this perfume develops exactly like Black Xs L'exes. That initial musky white floral that gets sweeter and sweeter as it sets in your skin and becomes powdery heaven as the day goes on.

At first I was really overwhelmed by the old man kind of MUSK. But like I said it develops into something so delicious and comforting.

I'd recommend it and I'd highly recommend giving it a second chance if your first encouter wasn't a pleasant one.

Acesm
Acesm

I adore Chopard Cashmir and it has been my signature fragrance for years. I tried Angel perfume, but it mutated on me. I was thrilled to see that Chopard had something comparable to it in Wish. Well....not so much. I have tried it several times and am so disappointed. I cannot smell vanilla, patchouli, honey, caramel, coconut (ALL my FAVORITE) AT ALL. I smell the faintest odor of lilly-of-the-valley, which I despise. . I had very high hopes for this. Perhaps it's me...

maremaree

This is my 2nd review. I gave this one to my sister (yonger than me 6 years) because it is just too sweet. I used to love it but know as soon as i smell it i start feeling bad disqusting...

Spangle
Spangle

You know what....I have NEVER been as disappointed with a perfume in my life! I've wanted Chopard - Wish for as long as I can remember; but I've been waiting to test it first - but it's never in the shops in the UK. Don't know about anywhere else...
Anyway. I thought I'll chance it. I'll blind buy now my 3rd lolita lempicka is empty and I'm hunting for something new. The notes sound too much like my dream juice in a bottle to resist any longer.
Well it came today in the post... and... WHAT? First spritz I got something that resembles angel and soap. Faintly. I had to spritz at least 4 times before I could smell it properly. Then it disappeared. So I spritzed 4 more times on my wrists and my inner elbows. It's been about half an hour and if I stick my nose into my elbow and sniff DEEPLY I can smell chocolate over a mix of, I don't know...strange florals? I really don't know. It's so faint. I'm guessing there'll be no trace of it in another half hour. I thought with a thousand lush notes this would be a totally gorgeous, strong gourmand - warm with honey and milk and caramel, but it's just so weak.... you'll probably like it if Angel is too strong for you. I like my fragrances strong and dark!

kakihara
kakihara

Smells like milk with honey on my skin. It is a weird perfume. For me not sweet at all. I will use the bottle I have but I won't purchase it again.

maremaree

I have this and it used to be my signature for a long time. But suddenly i do not find it attractive and i do not use it anymore. Now i find it too sweet.

Germany
Germany

Love this one, its elegant, feminine fresh and sweet , warm and a little soapy. Its way different than angel, it's the colour and the name and maybe the slightly sweet character that reminds one of angel but this is much lighter and fresher compared to angel.
Wish has a slightly soapy powdery character, that's why I call it fresh , this might be the violet which is a favourite note of mine. Yuzu also smells extremely fresh. It's very unique but very likable. You smell the fruits and the vanilla. Fantastic scent. For this price I am getting another one. Love the different bottle as well.
It could last longer other than that I would give it a ten !!!

bridgette
bridgette

Smells like a more powdery version of Angel by Thierry Mugler. Wish was a blind buy, and not a favorite.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

This perfume has some of my very favorite notes: coconut, vanilla, caramel, and toffee... but sadly all I get is patchouli and incense, and to me it smells exactly like Angel, which I don't care for either. :( I did get a fresh, new tester on ebay for $20 shipped, the liquid is still very blue and the bottle is lovely... but this just doesn't work for me. I live in a cold climate, so it may be worth a try in the dead of winter? But I really can't stand this, and I keep sneezing. :(

I do love sweet, over the top, gourmands... this just must not work on me.

Nope, still gross in winter. Other patchouli scents in winter hide the patch..... Believe by Britney is one of them I can wear in winter. But this is still no... maybe I am overspraying? 2-3? Still dislike. All patch and no sweet. :(

beccalee79
beccalee79

I was gifted Wish in 2005 and hated it! It sat unused in my cupboard for nearly 10 years. Last week I was sorting through my perfumes and came across my old bottle. It had changed colour but the scent remained the same. I sprayed some on and the strangest thing happened.. I loved it! I went online and ordered a 75ml bottle straight away. I guess back in 2005 I wasn't ready for such a strong, sweet and 'different' perfume but today I'm loving it. Give it a chance! I picked my bottle up for $25AUD. Bargain!

beatrix75
beatrix75

very nice elegant and sophisticated fragrance, sweet, feminine, gorgeous. it has nothing to do or COMPARE with TM Angel, this is a completely different scent with another character. I like very much

dezaval
dezaval

So milky, caramel-y, fruity, spicy (vanilla mostly) sweety, yummy, soft, sexy, exotic, sensual, feminine, cozy, chic...so many good things in one beautiful crystaly bottle! I like it so much! It reminds me of Mugler's Angel, which I like A LOT, but in a more girly way. So, so nice!

nitschevo
nitschevo

Wish has been on my want list forever and although there are very good offers out there I never purchased it and instead keep trying it when seeing it. Today was one of those days again and I am certain now, that I will buy it in the very near future.

With Wish it's not love at first spritz. To be honest it's even quite a mess right after I sprayed it onto my skin! Imagine all notes being in a dark room helplessly searching for each other. It takes a while, around one hour, until finally everyone's found and in place - the room lightens up and voila: the beauty of Wish is revealed. I am now able to detect a slight (very tiny though) similarity to Angel but I never thought of them as twins.

Wish is a soft whisper full of caramel, patchouli and honey. When I inhale deeply I am able to identify some of the other notes as well but I am not eagerly trying as I'm loving the overall composition. So womanly, elegant and nice. A true classic!

cocodust
cocodust

A blind buy gone wrong for me :(

I really tried to love this but I ended up selling most of my 50ml on ebay. There just seemed to be too much going on with this-just look at the amount of notes listed. ha ha! I just couldn't pin down key notes that I loved. Initially there is something sharp and strong, acridic in it.

I like Wish, but I'm coming to think I like it more in theory than for myself. I was hoping for a mellow, milky caramel plus incense but the fruity notes don't ever seem to quit.
I distinctly smell the gooseberry. Which is an uncommon note and sort of novel. I love gooseberries as food, but once the initial thrill of something new wears off I don't think I'm so fond of them in perfume.
To my perception, this is a lot of berries with caramel and a dusty, dry patchouli.
I can see why people compare Wish to Angel, but Wish is a lot less sugary and the patchouli less dank and moist. I'd say it's more similar to Hanae Mori's Magical Moon.

Blondine28
Blondine28

If you are fan of heavy but sweet smell, Wish is perfect for it.

chrisndema
chrisndema

To me the first reaction is should I re-apply coz I don't get anything. I have to bring my nose to the wrist and inhale deeply then I get rasberries and the dry down is caramel. Its very discreet, I would say very good for a office environment or any place where heavy perfumes would cause offense. Yes I get the similarities with TM AngeL. Angel is like the volume turned to the max whereas Wish is a lighty symphony playing in the background, quite a pleasure to listen to.

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

Wish is, upon spraying, a very sharp synthetic caramel on me. I'm not getting any of the fruity top notes. I don't find this stage very pleasurable and I had to resist the urge to scrub it off. It smells like an overly sweet candy stick that you can buy at a carnival.

Once it reaches the middle notes I do pick up some of the milk and honey. The caramel is still a little overpowering, but it is a bit creamier than in the first stage. The drydown consists of vanilla and caramel on me. The caramel has now become rich and creamy and smells really nice, like actual caramel instead of synthetic one
. Do not be fooled! The caramel is present throughout all the stages. Definitely not a base note only.

I was hoping that this would give me more of the floral and fruity notes. Instead this is mostly a food scent. It's great if you love extremely gourmand scents, but it doesn't work for me. I like my fragrances to be a bit more complex. If I wanted to smell caramel I would just buy it in a candy store or something. That would be cheaper as well.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I've read so many reviews for Chopard Wish over the past months that I'd grown very curious to be able to test it myself.

Today I got that opportunity.

Well, I was a bit underwhelmed and was expecting more from it. At first blast it was very sweet, with the vanilla and caramel being very dominant. I was expecting it to stay that way and to be very linear but as it's worn on the patchouli has elbowed its way through and taken over. I didn't even know it had patchouli in it (and that's one of my worst perfume notes!) so I was a bit startled when that happened and not thrilled! As the patchouli emerged my memory was jogged and this perfume started smelling almost identical to the Queen Latifah perfume in the red bottle. Both of these perfumes have a lot of identical notes, such as vanilla, patchouli, incense and sandalwood, so I suppose that's not too surprising.

So, because of the domineering patchouli note in this I definitely wouldn't want to buy it myself. However, I would recommend that anyone who loves this perfume and who is maybe finding it hard to get hold of, or who wants a cheaper smell-alike, should give the Queen Latifah perfume, in the red bottle, a try ... they are SOOO similar!

For the record, I have a big 100ml bottle of the Queen Latifah perfume for swap (it was a blind internet buy that turned out to be not right for me!) .... EU only due to customs regulations.

1st 10 minutes: Incense, coconut, magnolia, brazilian rosewood
1/2 hour later: Incense, honey, coconut, patchouli, lily of the valley
2 hours later: Incense, milk, caramel, tonka bean, amber, sandalwood, coconut, patchouli, vanilla
4 hours later: Milk, caramel, patchouli, vanilla, amber, tonka bean (this is where it starts to resemble Angel although i strongly disagree with the reviews that it smells identical)
6 hours later: Amber, caramel, vanilla

With this fragrance the opening is a bit icky, strong and too sharp. you gotta stick around and wait for the magic to happen. this fragrance unfolds in layers. I do not like the first 10 minutes, however 2 hours later it's absolutely divine!

would like it better if the pre - drydown was nice and for that reason i wouldn't buy it again but i will sure enjoy using up the rest of my 30ml gem :)

Yudum
Yudum

the opening is strong but the drydown is delissssss:) its sweet soft and fruity i think it makes u seem young and bright!

reborn
reborn

sour and harsh opening but greeeeat milky feminine lingering dry down.The difference between top and base is enormous.I thought to sell it but when i smelled the dry down i was hooked.It is addictive,i cant stop smelling my wrist.To me it is nothing like Angel which i like very much also

MHJ77
MHJ77

This is warm and sexy. All about choclate.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The red berry opening of Chopard Wish conjured up by strawberry and pomegranate, along with earthy patchouli + gourmand elements in the drydown, is not unlike Angel EDP, Angel EDT and Innocent. However, the patchouli in Wish is much more friendly and subdued, and it doesn't take the center stage like Angel. Instead of chocolate, Wish emphasizes the slightly salty caramel note. It's milky and smoky, a palatable burnt caramel.

The sillage is relatively soft on me and the longevity is around 8 hours on me. I'd recommend it as a lovely creamy caramel fragrance with an incense touch.

NoireFox
NoireFox

I REALLY don't understand the comparison to Angel. Perhaps the fact that both perfumes are light blue in color, have a somewhat similar bottle (clear, faceted and star-like) and are gourmands from the 90s screams "HEY SISTA." But, trust me, they smell nothing alike. While Angel (imho) is a hands-down 'gouriental' masterpiece, Wish is only…decent. I'm not going to go into fine detail describing Angel for the sake of reference or comparison because I think at this stage, we all pretty much, for better or worse, know her very well. While Angel, in it's loud, delicious chocolatey warmth is unmistakable, and subsequently polarizing, Wish is simply nice and smells like something familiar. To my nose, it smells of rose, black plum and cocoa powder with a hint of patchouli. It sounds decent right, and it is but unfortunately it's not very remarkable. It's totally linear, the silage is poor, the lasting power is weak and at the end of the day, it smells like a blurred composite of several inexpensive department store frags. Decent and wearable, but nothing like Angel.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

Wish reminds me of Angel, although I dislike Angel because it's too heavy on patchouli for me. Wish is much gentler, the main notes on my skin are honey, incense and then patchouli, with a little caramel and fruits. The longevity is quite good too.

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

Wish is largely sweet to me – vanilla, caramel. The warmth of vanilla is contrasted with the sharpness (in this case, and in a nice way) of patchouli. The list of notes seems really extensive, but I don’t get all of them, like pomegranate, orchid, sandalwood, coconut. Maybe there’s a slight bit of incense that I do get.

I find that the perfume doesn’t evolve too much as it dries down, despite all the other notes. Though that could be because I rarely perfume my skin these days and mostly spray only on my clothes, thanks to the fact that my skin seems to slurp up perfume in a couple of hours. What I get after a few hours is a whiff of the same vanilla and patchouli, not just vanilla imo, as other reviews say. It lasts about 4 hours on me, and I think sillage is pretty soft.

Because of the warmth of this fragrance, I find that I really enjoy wearing it as the weather gets colder here. I remember not liking it too much in the warmer months. So I like Wish, but find it isn’t special enough to me to love :)

Majja67
Majja67

Have had this for a loooong time, trying it once in a while to se if like it better THIS time! Always getting very different result from it, sometimes its a molding patchouli stinker, today i hardly notice the patch, it more smells like heavy Dove-soap scent with an extra dose of honey, hmmm strange! Might be my monthly cycle thats playing tricks with my nose and bodychemistry OR it could be a climate matter! I can only concloude that it is indeed a "difficult" scent in many aspects to pull of! Do i have to ad that to me this scent has no similarities at al with Angel ( only the color of the jouce)! Still do not know if i like it or not, but i do not really dislike it.....!;) Only know people around me dont like it, some calls it moldy..my cats avoid me...

larita91
larita91

I never had a perfume, which changed that much like this one.
Starts with Mugler's Angel for the first 5 minutes, then becomes a little bit more Aquolina-like, and in the end comes jessica Simpson's Fancy.
Very-very sweet fragrance, very loud in the first 30 minutes, after that, it just stays really close to my skin. Longetivity is good, but I have to reapply every 2 hours, because I don't like weak fragrances! :)
Perfect for winter.

birdy
birdy

patchouli, patchouli, patchouli.
many perfumes feel the scent of patchouli that way!
I think this perfume range is designed especially of patchouli lovers whom will appreciate it!
i'm thinking of angel, sonia rykiel le pull, flowerbomb, allure sensuelle,so elixir yves rocher, midnight poison: all smell PATCHOULI aproximatly the same way.

terigurl
terigurl

Just received this today. First spray was very strong, It smelled smokey and i also smelled some woods, I was a bit intimidated. But after a few minutes it mellowed out into a nice creamy yummy smell. I smell the caramel and vanilla with some incense. It does remind me of Angel but I think this one is much better. Angel is stronger in a nauseating way. This is much creamier and pleasant IMO.

gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

better than angel i believe... this one: i like it.

kwietok25
kwietok25

What a beauty!
Oh it´s so creamy and delicate. It just spreads warmth through your veins when wearing it :)
Fantastic perfume for cooler months and especially Christmas.
It is really similar to Angel, but personally I prefer this one (Wish)
For a blind buy it´s a big win for me.
Not to mention great price.

g1gglesg1rl
g1gglesg1rl

FINALLY got my little sample bottle to tide me over until I can get my hands on a full size. This is a great scent (my hubby liked it too out of the 2 options I got him to smell) It's fun & flirty & sweetly complex. A must have for my collection.

jenika
jenika

Angel's little sister, in a precious diamond-shaped dress.

IceAnge1
IceAnge1

So i just got this in a swap and I can see why people would compare it to Angel. It is kind of all over the place in the beginning yet the dry down is pretty. I personally cant wait the two hours for Angel's nice dry down but this one only takes about one. The first hour though is kind of crazy for me because it does irritate my nose a lot causing to to sneeze. I may not use it often but I'll definitely keep it for those random days i feel as though I want to smell it.

doublevee
doublevee

Although many deem this similar to angel, at least on my skin it was completely different, first opening with an unpleasant candy/incense smell and ended up smelling like sugar vanilla frosting in a cheap, unflattering way. I am in LOVE with Angel by Thierry Mugler, but struck out with Wish by Chopard. The true knock off of Angel is the fragrance by Linn Young called Silver Light. I haven't personally smelled any of Linn's fragrances but the notes are exact. Young also makes a knock off of Alien called Silver Light Galactica, however i'm sure the break down, longevity, and sillage is unmatched by quality perfumers such as Thierry Mugler.

Nil3
Nil3

Too much going in this perfume. Way too much. I mean,look at the notes. Not the quantity (I use Samsara) but look at the combination. A carbon copy of Angel!!! But whoever has a sweet tooth,I mean nose ;),will be in heaven with this one.The colder outside the better. Alaskan and Scandinavian women should go for it.

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

To me, it's timeless and sexy. All about honeysuckle, patchouli and chocolate, sharp and demanding. It is almost as wearing it forces you to be mysterious and elegant. I had both Angel and Wish and, that famous enormous staying power and sillage of Angel aside, this is by far better in terms of balance and charm. Don't get me wrong: it is long lasting and it will get you noticed, but, from this point of few, very few frags compete with Angel:). I want to repurchase it this autumn and I hope its formula wasn't much altered.

icecube
icecube

Ooo this is creamy and smokey - from the beginning.
Not what I expected.
Honeysuckle is finding its way trough the smoke as the honeynote starts appearing.
After drydown it is a wellblended mixture of notes but many of the notes in the pyramid I cant smell - among them the vanilla, caramel and the milknote.
It is now a very soft and powdery smell on my hand.
I suggest try before you buy with this one.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Wish for a soft perfume with hints of spice powder and musk, encased in an absolutely beautifully romantic bottle and Chopard delivers. This blue juice is gentle at the top yet becomes more persuasive and stronger as it melds with your chemistry.
The warmer vanilla is the pervasive note but sadly, Wish lingers only for about two hours or so. For me, this perfume rolls to a quick boil, then simmers down quickly.
Fruits of wild strawberry and gooseberry begin this fragrance, while honey adds some sweetness to this mix. Violets, orchids, and amber heavily powder the patchouli to make it a sweet and earthy fragrance.
Chopard Wish becomes cozy and intimate as it blends with you, creamier with a milky vanilla, almost a nutty finish. Brazilian Rosewood brings it all together with woods and mosses.
This is a quiet, genteel fragrance that is classic, sheer and elegant. Perfect for dinner parties, black tie affairs and where refinement is warranted. Wish sits close to the skin, projecting an effortless beauty.

TanteSimone

This is a cleaner, sharper Angel. With Wish, it takes time for everything to come together----like there's a discord among the notes. You can actually tell them apart---caramel, berries, cotton candy etc. With Angel, there's seamless blending and a certain softness that is obvious even within seconds after spray. At least on my skin.

I respect both fragrances. For me, Wish has the more sophisticated, upscale gourmand-chypre drydown. Angel has the dirtier, close to the skin, choco-patch dry down. Between the two, Angel meshes with the skin better. Wish is the more perfume-y.

dan.radu
dan.radu

@flablond: You could try Angel eau de toilette. I hate Angel EDP, but the EDT is magnificent! I also have Wish and i quite like it. If you want to be amazed, try Angel EDT. :)

flablond
flablond

Wish is my favorite scent! I ran out once and tried Angel because I had heard they were similar but NOT on me! Angel was too sickening sweet and gave me a headache while Wish for me is MUCH more subtle. It is a scent that I can put on and not even notice it but others around me give me compliments every time I wear it. My friends call it my signature and say they think about me when they smell it, in a good way :) I find Wish very feminine but do not find a strong vanilla tone. To me it is like a warm oriental powder. I am trying to find another fragrance to wear as an alternate but am having a hard time finding something else I like. Any suggestions are welcomed. I also have Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and the original Kenneth Cole in the brown bottle.

menka
menka

I love perfume Chopard because they are unique. Unfortunately, Wish is not my cup of tea. This perfume is too irritating and unappealing. Instead of sweet caramel and warm vanilla, I feel insipid oriental stink. It smells like Lolita Lempicka. Not for women who like sweet flowers and delicious fruit.
This is intensive and long-lasting.

jolantuk
jolantuk

For my nose Wish is a cheaper version of Angel, its like copycat of Angel. My friend loves Wish and its her signature scent, but when i know that we will meet i am never wearing my Angel, because someone said that we smell similar. Wish missing complexity, sexuality. Many ppl say that Angel has that masculine note, but for me Wish sounds masculine, especially on the dry down, while Angel has so beautyful chocolatery-powdery dray down.
The staying power of Wish is really greate, and sillage too, on clothes it stays along time.

sandra9
sandra9

I just hate it! It gives me a headache. Like the bottle though.

kismetdaisy

I see this perfume being highly recommended being a sexy, vanilla based gourmand. In my opinion, wish is so far from vanilla or sexy. It's strong, yes, but a day time scent through and through. Definitely not to be worn to go out at night or for a date. I thought it was ok before, was still disappointed, but now I just hate it. I blind bought a big bottle and ended up selling it, and a Shame it was that the person who bought it also didn't like it. There's so many notes in wish, so I should have known this would be a disaster for me. I just kept seeing the oriental vanilla, the sweet caramel and milky notes, coconut,amber and sandalwood. Yes, I noticed patchouli was a note and others I'm not crazy for, but with all those sweet notes, I figured the sweet ones would dominate. This, to me, is a heavy patchouli based floral... With a prominent synthetic caramel note peeking through or maybe that's the amber. There's just too much going on. Almost smells like medicine or something to my nose. I couldn't wear this more than 2 minutes without wanting to desperately wash it off. Don't be fooled on this one. The florals dominate and it's not pretty. It's also way too strong. I didn't detect vanilla in the slightest. So this being categorized as oriental vanilla is very misleading. I don't recommend this..

poivrerose
poivrerose

I'm gonna have to say.... this is pretty much a stinker on me. I've contemplated the blind buy on this for about two years now. I'm sad to say..it is ...a regret. It is just super duper FLORAL on my skin :( I'm pretty sure the culprit is that darn big bad orange flower! For some reason my skin loves to grab that note in any scent and amplify it beyond stifling limits. I'm so upset about it, but I guess I've learned a valuable lesson - no blind buys at all with any orange flower note. So, if you have skin that happens to pull out white florals, and all you want is the milky caramel gourmand... think twice about the blind buy on Wish. So disappointed. On to the next!

perfumebox
perfumebox

I'm one of those who can wear Angel but not Wish. It's not so much body chemistry as it is the throbbing migraine I get whenever I smell this for more than a few minutes, so I eventually gave my bottle away after trying to get along with it for a few months.

While it has a definite resemblance to Angel in terms of being a fruity-sweet patchouli, it has a more noticeable floral tone which makes it more girly and less unisex. It also lacks that dark voluptuousness of Angel, which could make it more wearable for some. Imagine a brighter and more crystalline version of Angel; just as sugary but minus the fat.

It's a nice fruitchouli; I just wish it didn't give me a headache.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

Chopard Wish is Angel's long distant Swiss cousin, while Angel is dramatic and super bold, Chopard is very calm and collected and somewhat on the shy side

she starts off with a sophisticated entrance of sweet strawberry and coconut with a floral of detectable honeysuckle and orange Blossom

when she's done making her sophisticated appearance, we finally get to know the real her, she becomes warmer, softer and has an easy and pleasant sweet side, thanks to the honey and milk notes with a slight lily of the valley

now we get the fun part, Chopard's Base notes, she becomes a softer take of Angel's final dry down, except she's much shyer about it then Angel is, their is a slight smoky incense with a lovely hint of sweet vanilla, patchouli and caramel

by far, one of the softest fragrances ever, this makes a good replacement for Angel, we can see a resemblance but we can also tell a difference

siauseque
siauseque

I received a selection of decants to try my way through and Wish is among them. My first thought was Magnetism and sure enough several hours on and it's still very similar on me. I liked Magnetism 10 years ago but I am on a quest to find something very different from that now. I think when I ordered the decants I was using Magnetism as a jumping off point, but now I am trying to swim as fast and far as I can to get away from it!

HelenFlowerz
HelenFlowerz

The bottle is amazing, perfume as well,but not for everybody. Very sweet, warm, great for winter. I've tried it in summer,too heavy. Similar to Angel.

mihaela01
mihaela01

Beautiful fragrance,long lasting,elegant and warm.Will repurchase soon one bottle.I miss it.

naide
naide

I bought this as a blind buy because I wanted to get Angel but the price is too expensive for me, so I was told this is a dead ringer for it and at a reasonable price I just had to see (smell) for myself and I am so glad I ordered this. It has just come today and I I'm in love!! You can't really tell the difference, it is beautiful and I love the chic bottle too. One of my absolute favourites and maybe my new signature scent. Get it if you love Angel.

EmilyTheStrange

Just wanted to answer some of the questions about this perfume losing it's colour....it will do that! The blue seems to fade after 18 months or so. I've had my current bottle for 3 years or so now and it still smells absolutely divine :)

EmilyTheStrange

Classical, Romantic, Beautiful, Elegant; How it smells, and how it feels to wear it. Chopard has always been my "night time" choice when it comes to perfume. There is something about this particular fragrance which reminds me of all the good old romance movies. To me, this scent is timeless and one of the rare perfumes I will still be wearing in my more mature years. Gorgeous :)

Like others have said, I really do not understand the comparisons to Angel. I adore Wish as the smell is gourmand yet not overpowering. Angel is my least favourite perfume and the only juice that's ever made me feel physically ill. No comparison whatsoever for me personally.

kismetdaisy

Just got this in the mail. Oriental vanilla? Caramel? Milky? All I get is floral, lots of incense and patchouli! I mean, it's tolerable to wear-but not really my kind of frag! I'm disappointed after spending decent money on it. It's very strong-sillage and longevity is intense! Somewhat headache inducing. Very sweet, but not in a gourmand way. The bottle is cute. It's going to take a long time to get thru my 2.5oz of this! I'm willing to swap if anyone's interested. Definitely sticking with Casmir. Another botched blind buy!

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

very similar to angel but softer and more elegant

Vampiris
Vampiris

this scent is something...one of the best drug store frags and also one of the best sweet scents in my opinion, because it's a strong gourmand scent with sophistication and multiple divisions..

wish = compliments, i can't believe all the compliments I have received so far..it's the black horse in my collections..so affordable and not overly popular..it's a secret gem

it lasts for whole day on me and even over night, the next morning i can still smell the left caramel and incense scent in my hair and on my skin which reminds me of Jessica Simpson's Fancy in a way, but much better. The dry down has a Flowerbomb vibe because the sweet patchouli comes through. I appreciate it enough to say it's actually a wonderful scent which is pretty under priced..to me it smells expensive and very feminine..this is my go for scent in winter..sweet and warm on the cold days..very cozy

the opening is strong and loud..sweet/honey vanilla milk mixed with a hint of floral notes and patchouli..when it drys down, it turns into this powdery and caramel smell with excellent sillage..and as for the longevity..wow is the word for it..it's a sillage and longevity monster..one or two sprays you are ready to go

one of my previous co-workers loves to wear it..she is in her 40s and is a strong lady..one day I smelt this strong scent from the moment I entered the office, I asked her what she was wearing, she said it was Wish by Chopard..surprise surprise...i assumed a lady like her would be wearing Chanel or something mature and pricy, i did not associate the scent with Wish at all..it smelt more powdery and patchouli on her

Wish is such a beautiful fragrance at a great price...it's sweet, milky and floral, it just mixes well with my chemistry..easy to wear in the cold season and this is what I smell like in Winter according to my close friends

gorgeous bottle..looks lovely in my perfume collection..a super affordable master piece to me :)

jessbug
jessbug

I scored a 75 ml bottle for E22,50! This turned out to be a real nice blind buy.

I may have been influenced by the other reviews, but I genuinely think this is very similar to Angel. There's this really warm caramel and vanilla base to it, except it doesn't have that BAM!-in-your-face patchouli. On the one hand, that may make Wish a little more boring. On the other hand, it makes Wish waaaaay less offensive. I am personally not a fan of Angel; I much prefer Wish!

My sister used to wear it. I always only smelled that just-sprayed scent of Wish, and I remember not liking it one bit. But now I know that if you give this perfume 20-30 minutes, it becomes this really nice, cuddly, deliciously warm scent.

littlestar
littlestar

It is so nice :) Last even after showering which can be too much. I have been wearing it for several days and I spray it only once because it's so strong. At the begining there is a heavy note, kind of like those old perfumes, but after maybe a minute you can feel the real scent.

loulouzz
loulouzz

Lovvvve this perfum !

aniko.gal
aniko.gal

To me this is a sweet and well-balanced combination of Fendi's Asja Fendi (in the opening) and Miss Dior Cherie (in the drydown). The opening is extremely heavy, I can mainly smell some overwhelming coconut then shortly after the sharp honey note starts to take over. It takes like a good 30 minutes to go for the drydown which is a really pleasant, elegant, musky-powdery scent - similar to that of the Miss Dior Cherie just without the cyprus note. I adore how this parfume changes on your skin and transforms into a wonderful unique combination of sweet, powdery notes (caramel, patchouli, honey, santal wood, musk, vanilla, incense - in that particular oder on my skin). Sillage is average, longevity is excellent - sometimes I can still feel the perfume on myself after a whole day including a shower and a good 8 hrs sleep. The scent itself with the gorgeous bottle is a real masterpiece, very underappreciated.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a pleasant pretty scent, but the srawberry, sugary sweetness and super sweet vanilla are too much for my nose. Wish reminds me a bit of Angel and also of L de Lolita from Lolita Lempicka, more of the latter, since it is sweet and has no harsh notes.

A bit too much of everything for my taste, but I can certainly see how many people would like it.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Apricot fruity sweet powder with a hint of patchouli.

Niunia
Niunia

soft, sweet ... a bit baby powder like, but always elegant. I love it!

malikado
malikado

its true very angel like but wish is much better
elegant

lily13ana

Have this but don't use it too often. Sometimes the smell is very harsh, sometimes very sweet and gives me headaches. I'm not sure if i will keep it for long, maybe i will give to a friend of mine.

lisatenholt
lisatenholt

Although I love vanilla, sweet and powdery scents, I can't make my mind up about this one. Some days I quite like it, at other days I wish I didn't spend my money on this. At first you mainly smell flowers and fruit, but with a warm undertone. For me this has a high headache value. As it wears off, I mainly smell warmth combined with freshness. It may sounds good, but it's really a parfum you'd love or hate.

Lorevdv
Lorevdv

I just love it!
Reminds me Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars, Angel, Lolita.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

This is amazing!!! yes, it is a more wearable angel. And if I might say, for me at least, an improved one! Wish is a magical, mildly sweet perfume, that mostly projects caramel, vanilla, milk, honey and Patchouli.. All mixed together in a cozy way that makes you feel like you're back home after a long time! It brings innosence to my mind and serenity. Like a cup of warm milk near the fireplace and me wrapped in a soft blanket! It can be quite the Christmas-y scent too. I have the body lotion and that may be the reason it's that soft-velvety-milky. I haven't tried the Edp, but even if it doesn't have all these qualities of the lotion, you could always layer the scent with it.
This fragrance is a cuddly gem!
P.s. Many people's skin doesn't get along with Angel, and mine is no exception! I thought I may not like this because of that, but with Wish I get how others can go crazy about Angel!

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

i know have seen this perfume for years and have never touched it. i thought i knew the scen and disliked it... last month it was on discount at a local perfume store together with Casmir. i smelled both and i was SHOCKED! it smells like angel without the sharp honey scent i extremly dislike... i am a gourmand freak, love everything vanilla, warm, soft. this will be THE perfect scent for me :D

rosembloom
rosembloom

How I miss this beloved lady! She would waft around me gaily with her delicous opening.A Coconut-Strawberry sorbet upon honeysuckle leaves topped with a creamy dash of orange blossom and berries : the Rosewood gives off a warm and entrancing vibe that announces the arrival of her golden heart notes: I love honey in a fragrance and this one surely does not disapoint! Candied violets and orchids make their appearance, blending beautifully with the freshness of Lilly -Of-The-Valley. It becomes so creamy , sweet and lusciousy enticing during this stage! It enraptures me so. The milky sandalwood, rich amber and incense merge with honeyed caramel to create a truly gourmand and seductive drydown. 'An ANGELIC 'and potent patchouli takes over spicing up this sweet juice. She makes me feel so confident, sensual and wraps me up in such a cozy cocoon of honeyed beauty. Yet she is bold and needs to be noticed. Sillage is very good and I got sooo many compliments on this one that I miss her: I have worn her so often in the past that she can easily become my signature scent. Longevity is quite amazing also, lasting from morning to night on my skin. A scarf, sprayed with this goegeous perfume used to scent my whole closet for days. I definitly want her back in my wardrobe and plan on purchassing the full bottle soon.

Clyn11
Clyn11

Nice vanilla-coconut-caramel frag. I get how others would say it's similar to TM's Angel...but cleaner. Good value for it's quality :) Bottle is well made.
Sillage strong and Longevity is strong - up to 6 hrs!

Evam28
Evam28

I really like this one. It has a lovely, fresh, summer smell to it so i like using it over the warmer months. smells beautiful!

lily13ana

I have this for a week, i like it, but it doesn't has the warmth of Casmir, for example; it is strog but it's light at the same time, has great sillage and longevity is more then 10 hours, still getting strong wafts from it with just 3 squirts.

b@by

Bought this based on reviews, as it was on special. I do like it, don't love it. Yes, it has Angelesque qualities, but it is less in your face. It really reminds me of baby oil, which is not a bad thing since I quite like that smell, but I'm a little disappointed. I can imagine wearing this to the office, once I go back to the office after doing the mummy thing with my toddler. In winter. Would not call this sexy, and it's not floral, or a "look at me" scent. It's comfortable and pleasant. Vanilla is strong with this one!

EDIT: My pillow smells great the next day lol. My bed approves :)

mhubbard
mhubbard

I blind bought on the basis of reviews. I will say it is nothing at all like the expensive masterpeices Angel or Miss Dior Cherie, rather more like Coty's Vanilla Fields from the drugstore. Very simple and innocuous vanilla scent and that is all, lacking the complex composition of fragrances that I find compelling. Not bad but the 75 ml bottle I purchased appears to be a lifetime supply for me.

scentelle
scentelle

Just as I was trying to get rid of the Angel EDT by Thierry Mugler I bought myself in a moment of madness, my brother and his wife gave my Wish Chopard for Christmas. Such a nice thoughtful gift but what am I going to do with 2 sweet caramel fumes I really dislike. :(

Sheilagold
Sheilagold

I adore this scent, absolutely amazing. I also think it's a bit like Angel, but for me Angel is too heavy for me, this one is lightly sweet warm scent. Love it!

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Fantastically sweet, gourmand, changes with each minute that goes by. First you get a sweet scent of vanilla and strawberry. In a few minutes, it's warm and milky. Then at its final show, coconut!!!! Yay!!! My favorite. So, so, good! Love it! Angel wishes

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

Wish its my briliant,Very sweet like vanilla ice.Longevity is fantastic,used for specially ocasion,not for work because is too sexy.

dkny27
dkny27

This seemed to be a hot fragrance a year ago, but I never had a chance to put to use.... There is a beautiful opening of spicy sweet, and to be honest, that spicy sweetness dries down in the same character, only deeper. I get a caramel, sweet spiciness that levels out into a flowery sweet spicey quality, but not cutsie, more provocative.....
This is a cold weather scent, another good grab for the holidays and late winter.... Better for cold winter evenings.. YES INDEED!

Seras213
Seras213

I really don't see the comparison with Angel. Wish is much softer, and a bit cleaner. I don't get that overt sweetness, but more of a (and bear with me) a damp forest mixed with a cotton and vanilla vibe. Not terrible in the least, but not amazing. It is nowhere as sweet (and pleasant) as Angel.

deagemini
deagemini

Beutiful and elegant parfume. I don't find it either heavy, or long lasting. Indeed, first impression is overwhelming but soon it settles down. I'm a Thierry Mugler fan and i find no resemblance beetwen Angel and Wish, except both are sweet

TanteSimone

Maybe because I live in the tropics so I was bit intimidated by the intensity of this one but I find it more amicable than TM's Angel.

This starts off really strong---with all the notes seem as if they are in a racing contest. So the first 10 minutes is a bit unpleasant for me. However, once the notes all settled and mixed with the skin, the smell becomes more cohesive and heavenly.

Smells like clean sheets, berries, and chocolate in perfect harmony at the dry down. It definitely smells classy.

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

Sweet and very aromatic, but not cloying,not realy my type,its a winter scent and 75 ml is too much for me, would be glad to get rid of it

black_and_red
black_and_red

I received a free sample of Wish about 7 years ago. I enjoy uniquely designed perfume vials (such as Byzance). I still have this exquisite miniature diamond shaped flask stashed somewhere. (And yes, it does easily roll off surfaces!)

For me, this is actually the antithesis of the kind of "fume" I would usually wear. I appreciate sweet smells in nature, such as honeysuckle, jasmine and gardenia in bloom. But I do find that translated to a bottle, this sweetness which was so heady and more-ish has often become cloying and overbearing.

I'm not that much of a girly girl, and prefer a fragrance which is a little more complex and mysterious. So, I tend to go more for fragrances which have woody, oriental or green elements and avoid very sweet perfumes like the plague.

However, surprisingly, I did end up using all of my miniature vial of Wish. I've even missed it slightly at times, although I would never actually go out and purchase a replacement.

This seems to be commonly compared to another sweet fragrance, Angel by Thierry Mugler. I'm pretty sure when I sampled Angel I found it to be kind of revolting to my sensibilities, though it's clearly popular.

When first applied, the top notes of Wish (for me) were far too sweet - unpleasant, a bit synthetic and sickly. But this gave way to a less pungent, more heady sweetness - heady like jasmine in bloom on a summer's night. I have this sort of association with the sweetness of Wish rather than vanilla or caramel. To me, caramel could never be heady or sexy.

For me, that kind of smell (probably honeysuckle?) always makes me feel a bit wistful for romance. For instance, jasmine in bloom at night, which has a similar redolence for me, always makes me wish I had someone there to kiss under the flowers, amidst the fragrance.

I never wore Wish in the daytime. In my 20s I remember putting this on at my old apartment ni the times when I was single, getting ready on my way to mingle at a party on a summer's night. If I was feeling a bit melancholy, lonely, insecure - this was a scent potent with femininity, and gave me a spike in confidence. It lent me a feeling of romantic possibility, that I might go out into the night and through serendipidity, find someone to connect with. I think it made me feel simultaneously hopeful and melancholy, a bit like jasmine - the mystery of possibility and the wistfulness of solitary sensation.

I'm still surprised I managed to get into it at all, though, considering my taste, as it is so sweet. But strangely enough - I connected more with Wish emotionally than I did with some orientals like Samsara.

vhelsing
vhelsing

I finally got my Wish :-) what a delightfull scent! rich vanilla with sth sweet ( honey ?)and a little bit spicy, gorgeous! I'm in love whit it, but it's not that what I'm looking for."wish" is warm, quite intensive but not overhelming and longlasting fragrance. I've read opinions here and I didn't try it before I get it,but I don't regret.

Elianik
Elianik

The perfume is very very good. It's sweet, but still very delightful and lovely. My best friend has it and i really like it on her. The only thing that i dont like is that in the begining its too sweet, but after it becomes very good

yeshi
yeshi

I recently got this perfume from a friend. It was gifted to her but she was hating it on herself. As pretty as the bottle is, the perfume is a huge let down. I could smell the fresh floral notes only for a few seconds in the beginning and after that it is just milk. It's like having a bath in milk and not rinsing after that. I do not recommend this perfume at all. Even the longevity is not good which is a blessing in disguise as you don't want to smell like milk all day.

AhArya
AhArya

This is sweet for sure; however, it also smells sour to me.Kinda like tea with honey and too much lemon. Really strong scent, not for those who get headaches easily.

starvega
starvega

If you are testing this fragrance, make sure you test it on your skin! It is so strong when sprayed that it is overwhelming on a piece of paper. You need to spray it on your skin, and then give it time to settle and develop (my first sniff straight after spraying was like a sharp punch in the nose!). After it settles it's very lovely and SO long-lasting. It is very milky though (a bit too milky for me, tbh).

iomel
iomel

Wish I really like is very hot and sweet vanilla plays a fundamental role in this fragrance but also notes caramellose the coconut along with everything else make it a masterpiece, it's amazing the warmth that this fragrance, the bottle could be wonderful also used to decorate the Christmas tree and would make a great impression, the similarity with Angel does not mean, however, nothing in this gem.

vanillafreak

I've already reviewed this perfume, but things have changed since i bought it. I don't know how, but it is my signature scent now, and it's smells purely divine. No other scent ever has made me so crazy. It never disappoints me, if it would last longer on skin it would be perfect!(in my hair it lasts for days) This scent does not fail me, whenever i put it on it makes me feel confident, sexy, unique(not saying i'm any of those). I've seen ppl say that it's powdery in the beginning and i honestly don't get that. It's milky, luscious, even slightly balmy on me. From the first blast down to the last whiff it's amazing, a masterpiece in its own right. You have to test it on skin.On me the incense note comes off strong(in the good way) and the milky-ness of it to me is indescribable...just dreamy and sensual. Dry-down is luscious and sweet.Overall i find myself always reaching for this one on so many occasions. I'm annoyed at the comparison to Angel, they are not so similar people, the incense milkyness of Wish is not present in Angel with it's heavy honey - chocolate covered patchouly :). I own and love them both though.
And i somehow find it hard to understand how can someone dislike this...but then again i know it all comes down to chemistry.
Oh, and another thing - this perfume never fails to get me compliments. This is my most complimented frag:) I've received more compliments on this frag alone than on all of the other stuff i own!

Be sure you don't have a fake! i have encountered only one though - the liquid is a siclky gold-ish thing, and the cap made of transparent plastic like a deodorant cap...

Kamaty
Kamaty

I don't think this is similar to Angel at all.
Is powdery, floral sweet.
Is more similar to Chantal Thomas...
My first impression was a litlle desapointing :( i would love if was similar to Angel...
The powdery is a litlle sick... Is not bad fragrance i'll keep trying and will update...

Update: the drydown is amazing...very cozy vanilla.
Before wash off wait for delicious, make me feel realy smell good!

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

I just do not understand the comparisons to Angel. Patchouli? Gourmand? Is that it? I don't get it. This fragrance stands alone and is a beautiful, delicious treat of a fragrance. On me, it started off a little powdery and I instantly disliked it. Slowly the powdery notes began to fade and that luscious caramel, vanilla, honey and patchouli began to evolve and warm up. It became much more delicious and edible, but still soft and light- nothing like the sillage monster Angel. I liked that the powdery note faded, and I think even though I don't care too much for the first 30 minutes or so of this fragrance, the drydown is worth the wait. It's quite soft and delicious and completely wearable. Very nice.

Soutty123
Soutty123

My husband went absolutely bonkers for this. This is definitely one for the "date night" wardrobe.

cute.love.girl
cute.love.girl

i like this perfume very much ,its warm sweaty ,very nice for night time

EDIT:
Did a review earlier, wrote that this is strictly a cold weather scent. Well, i realized that the liquid in my bottle (only been used a few times, and stored properly) had lost the blue color. I was afraid it had turned, so tried it on. Expected nausea and gag reflexes, because it's still warm here. It hadn't turned. And hey, this works now! Patchouli seems to work best for me in warmer weather. Sprayed once on one wrist, and rubbed some of it on the other wrist and neck. The patchouli isn't harsh and mediciney at all now, and the scent is softer. Only the tiniest spray (maybe spray once in the air => walk-through would be best) works wonders in summer, surprise!

sjam3295
sjam3295

I usually wear clean white florals, but for a while now I've been searching for the perfect gourmand. I was so hoping this would be it, because I wanted an excuse to buy that fabulous bottle. It looked so promising - caramel, honey, vanilla, coconut and milk, mm-mm. Sadly, it was a disappointment for me; on my skin, instead of the gourmand scent I was hoping for, all I can smell is wood, smoke and patchouli.

I resisted washing it off for three or so hours because I wanted to give it a chance to develop, and all that changed was that it became fainter. Ah well. The search continues - any suggestions, anyone?

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I was really hoping to smell this awesome caramel/milk/honey/patchouli etc perfume but I was sorely disappointed. When I sprayed my sample on initially it was a heavy blast of alcohol and floral. Hours later heavy floral incense. This does not smell like Angel on me and that is a real shame as I love Angel and most of the notes here in Chopard Wish. I am saddened to say the comment that it conjured was that it smelled like Pine Sol. :(

Majda
Majda

A blind buy after reading the reviews, and yes! very nice scent :) i'm going to wear this one in winter

KateAnette

A cold weather scent, much like Angel or Lolita Lempicka. Doesn't match my skin chemistry too well, but a beautiful fragrance.
I've done a lot of sampling, and i think patchouli is a note i should avoid, unless it's very well blended, and/ or in tiny amounts. In Wish, the patch makes the top notes really sharp and chemical on me. I have noticed, that rubbing my wrists together actually helps to make the harsh notes fade away quicker (body heat? ). Then it becomes a soft and sweet scent, and it gets better, the longer it's on the skin.

It's very strong, so just one spritz is more than enough, and lasts for ages. IMO it's a winter scent, could get very cloying and nauseating in warm weather. I don't wear it too often because it's just too strong for my liking atm, but i'll get back to it when the weather gets colder :)

vicka16
vicka16

When I first sniffed it from the bottle, and then sprayed on the back of my hand, my reaction was: " OMG, that smells like Angel! :-)" I must to say Angel doesn't smell sweet on me but I like it this way.
But few minutes later all patchouli desapeared and what I could mostly smell was sweet milky caramel. It's not a bad thing though, I can se myself wearing Wish during cold sunny fall and winter days.

UPDATE: The staying power is very weak, only a couple of hours on my skin...

dannysmom
dannysmom

This perfume is absolutely beautiful. The patchouli is gorgeous, and the fragrance comes across as being a gourmand musky scent to my nose. I usually dislike heavy musk/patchouli, but this is very well done. The heaviness is sweetened by a wonderful, warm chocolate, with a hint of sweet orange (on me). I put it on at 7:00 a.m. It's now 1:45 and still going strong. Definitely a cold weather scent, though.

Also, the first few minutes it is very sharp. It will improve quickly. Be patient with it...

Thanks to chix for a great swap! This is a new favorite of mine. :)

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Most of Chopards scents are warm, soft and incredibly sexy (Casmir, Wish Turquoise etc) Chopards Wish is no exception. It's a sensual sexy hug in a bottle, a perfume that whispers "approach me and sniff - I am sexy and impressive yet friendly".

Of course the gourmand notes that most of us associate with comfort and pleasure add to this yummy, sexy feeling;
Chocolate notes wrapped in vanilla flavored with a hint of coconut. Honey seduced by patchouli smoke. Sandalwood resting on a bed of amber. Honeysuckle telling a naughty secret to strawberry.
I could go on and on about the seductive way the notes got arranged in this 'Barry White' orchestra that plays Wish(full) music to our sense of smell.

Yes, it is somewhat reminiscent of Angel, but to me Wish is softer, powdery, more ethereal than the bolder slightly harsher Angel. Where Angel is loud and demands your attention due to sheer force of presence: "notice me! I know you know I am here!" Wish draws and keeps your attention (and enjoyment) in a more seductive and softer approach. It hypnotizes you -- slowly. Until you realize you fell in love and can't live without it anymore.

The silage is: "I am on a cloud of sheer soft sex-appeal" - Longevity is great 5-7+.Test this one and fall in love and don't forget to make a Wish ; )

NB: I almost forgot to mention the -obviously- amazingly beautiful bottle. It always reminds me of one of F. Scott Fitzgeralds stories called: "A Diamond As Big As The Ritz" I don't know why, but the bottle always makes me smile : )

napoleonica
napoleonica

I found this perfume absolutely refined,warm and smooth.It is subtle but with a lot of presence.
I could not get any similarity with TM Angel.In my opinion Wish whispers and Angel screams with different strains.
I love both.

perfumeandme
perfumeandme

This is seriously a lighter version of TM Angel which means for me it's more likeable. Like what others say, if you find Angel so strong get this and you won't be disappointed plus it's a cheaper! It's hard to get it though as I think it is discontinued.

Lumiere
Lumiere

This is truly delicious perfume, It is sweet but dignified. It does have aroma of home -made gourmet creme-brulee, caramel, everything so nice and intricate u prepare for spoecial dessert. Yet, it is not in your face. After a while it becomes slightly smokey woody...I think of the evening, dancing part, and my escape outside...from the loud and crowded club to the beauty of cold fresh evening, with some similar-minded friends. I would wear Wish.

MaryG
MaryG

Today I blind-bought Wish for a bargain price at my local chemist. My overall impression is that there's a lot going on in this fragrance, but it's made of quality ingredients. Personally I wouldn't classify it as an oriental vanilla. There's definitely a touch of caramel in there, but it is far from feeling edible. The opening is highly floral and insanely woody - it is STRONG. I couldn't even bring myself to raise my wrist up to my nose for the first five minutes as it was so potent. It mellows a bit in ten minutes or so, turning into a very sophisticated grown-up scent. It turns very soapy and the high amount of patchouli makes this an excellent masculine fragrance. There is a slight gourmand feel to it hidden beneath all the wood and flowers. I can smell a touch of honey and caramel, but overall this fragrance is a bit too strong on my skin and reminds me of soap and christmas. I like it, but it's not my style. I think I would love it more on my husband. In fact, I think it would be insanely sexy on male skin. Very warm and perfect to snuggle up against.

AshDiCar
AshDiCar

Wish smells like nothing else. Although it shares some notes with Angel, I don't think they smell anything alike. Angel is brash and demands attention - similar to having a chocolate cake with patchouli oil frosting thrown in your face. Wish is ethereal and romantic. It's not forceful, but rather, descends onto the wearer with a soft, creamy aura. I smell strawberry, orchid and incense prominently in the opening. These notes give way to one of the best gourmand dry-downs ever created. A light and airy vanilla and caramel ice cream sunday topped with whipped cream is spiked with just enough woodiness to give it depth and interest. An unforgettable scent!

anna.nietzsche
anna.nietzsche

This smells like something edible....The vanilla, the caramel... but, why not get some vanilla essence or stuff that smells like baked goods at a cheaper price from places like The Body Shop or LOccitane (their ingredients might at least be natural)?

jaxxsun

This for me this is that scent that makes my mind drop all other thoughts. Yes, there are a million scents out there. But, there has to be at least one or possibly two that just makes your heart race, take a deep breath and make you weak in the knees

But there is not a single woman I currently know wearing this within 500 miles. But if I happened to stumble across one. I would ask her if she was seeing any one?

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

i imagine a magical strawberry white-mocha milkshake, swirled with caramel, topped with whipped cream & some powdery floral sprinkles on top.

LaPetite
LaPetite

This is my very fist purchase based on Fagrantica reviews . And i am very happy i did .
I like Angel , but i think it's too strong and worn by too many people ( in my country anyway) so , i was very intrigued by this scent described as a gentle version of Angel and this blue diamond bottle ...
I really wanted to test it , but unfortunately i couldn't find it anywhere , not even at the Douglas shop , though the scent is available on their site .
The lady of the perfume shop told me that "thanks to" an agressive politics of a certain opponent ( guess who ) Wish is almost imposible to find elsewhere than online ( at least here) , but she told me it was a very good quality scent , and that i wouldn't be diapointed .
So when my father asked me what i would like for my birthday , the answer was obviously " perfume" , and asked him if we could order Wish .
I got it today and i really love it . It's a typical winter scent .

chowchow41
chowchow41

This is a wonderfull fragrance on somebody else. I tried it today but it is nothing like Angel. Its a fragrance that stands on its own and is unique worn by the right person. Its milky, caramel, vanilla and a hint of patchouli that fades quickly and leaves a creamy base behind. Yes i can see why people like it but sadly my skin doesnt.

melzy
melzy

I was curious about Wish after reading the reviews, so I bought a 3ml sample vial.

The first minute after spraying is the worst for me. I don't know whether it's just the chemistry with my skin, but it smelled too 'mature', like something my grandmother would have worn. I had to resist the urge to scrub.

I'm glad I resisted. As soon as it warms to body temperature, I get warm sweet vanilla with a touch of caramel - a stark contrast from moments earlier. After several hours I get those warm base notes coming through, most noticeably the incense. There's some sort of nostalgic quality to it that I adore.

Lasting power and sillage both fantastic; for several hours people were commenting that the scent was following me around. I had my doubts about this fragrance at first, but I think I'll now be upgrading to a full sized bottle.

franm
franm

I bought this perfume purely based on reviews I'd read on here. And I am so glad I did!

I love it! Just the sort of smell I had hoped for from the description.

heather.laxon
heather.laxon

i bought wish loved the smellbut unfortunately does not last on me at all gave to my friend smells great on her and lasts the only difference to her and me is i take medications and she doesn't the chemist tells me that can effect your skin

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I got my chopard in a swapp,thanks to kristal :) Well, in my skin it smells very close to eau de star from thierry mugler I mean is really the same thing!!! That´s not a problem for me since I love eau de star!!! But like the Eau de star, all I can get it´s patchouli,I like patchouli, but it would be nice if I could smell the vanilla and the caramel, and the milk,unfortunelly I can´t ;( Well I only tried it once, Let´s see when I try it again.. Anyway I love the fragrance.. And now I have one more chopard in my collection,I love the botlle shape, I just want to play with it!!! YaY..

sofababe
sofababe

I kind of understand the comparisons with Angel but I'm so glad its not *that* similar as I really can't wear Angel, I think its the patchouli. In Wish the patchouli is much further down the list of "dominant notes". Wish is sweet but not sickly, strong but never overbearing, sexy but not in a "come and get me" way.
Caramel is the dominant note here, with the creamy milk keeping that sugar rush in check. Honey, coconut and incense add to the mix to make Wish one of my favourite fragrances for the colder months.
I think this is my most successful blind but ever!

Stararmour
Stararmour

smells almost exactly like bodyshop's midnight bakula on me. cant decide whether to keep it or to give it away... seems like a more mature fragrance than my 28 years.

pingui
pingui

For me this fragrance is one that you have to hold yourself back from smelling right after you spray it on your skin. It starts off with a note that is sharp in a chemical sense, as opposed to a natural citrus sense, which blessedly goes away after the first 30 seconds. What remains for 6 hrs. or more is a blend of white flowers mixed with a soft baby powder, rich vanilla, some light woods and a hint of berry (raspberry?) fruit.

I wore this today at work, and constantly felt comforted by the gourmand yet feminine flower mix. I imagined myself eating a luscious cheesecake in an urban garden, complete with a mossy old brick patio with iron outdoor table and chairs. The garden lush with green foliage, seasonal flowers, and cool breezes and shade from tall trees. Transplant yourself to Charleston or New Orleans, and you get the picture in my head.

Just as I imagine myself indulging in something sweet, it is a fragrance that I could see a man wanting to get close to. It is delicious, and feminine all at once. Perhaps the "wish" is that you have someone special to share it with in a quiet intimate setting, where you can indulge in your secret and not-so-secret desires.

BUDDYCASSIE
BUDDYCASSIE

I really love this scent since my mum purchased it for me a few years ago. its unusual and lasts long on my skin. Sweet but not in a cheap or sickly way, only a little spray is needed though. definately one of my favs. love the bottle too :)

teena724
teena724

This is a pretty, not so special, quit ordinary sweet frag on me. I sprayed my ebay bottle 2.5 EDP (was sealed, however is that green/blue color when opened)about 3-4 sprays on wrist,neck,hair about 1 hour ago and can't smell anything other than an oh so faint close to the skin powdery caramel.

Will not buy again, but I LOVE the bottle and may layer with Issey Miyaki to soften ..

jaxxsun

The vary first time I smelled WIsh was in Harrods. The charming perfume clerk/girl was offering sprayed paper sticks to sample the Harrods exclusive scent, I took the scented stick, because the girl was very pretty. I gave the just sprayed stick a smell. I was captivated!

I must have smiled pretty big, for the woman I was with took a bottle home. And it has been her signature scent to this vary day :)

Since that day, I have smelled countless perfumes on women. But nothing yet, has been able to ignite my passion like WISH

auroramaria
auroramaria

Help to all of you fragranticans!I finally got my hands on a bottle of Wish this afternoon and I was so happy about it it just made my day.I also got it for 40 euros for the 50 ml so it couldn't get better than that, the thing is when I got home and opened the sealed box I got the lovely diamond shaped bottle but the liquid was brownish instead of being light blue, the perfume seems to be Wish and it is really lovely but I would like to know if this has happened to any of you Wish lovers out there. I nearly panicked when this happened but the perfume is so delicious.Will be waiting for comments

onlineallday
onlineallday

This is pretty sweet scent. Somehow it gets a bit powdery on me, which is kinda nice, and it reminds me of the new Shalimar Initial.

chrismriley@hotmail.com

A breathtaking perfume which brightens up your eyes and is magical...

0 - 15 mins- Wow. This is beautiful; the family gasped in awe of its loveliness. This is truly special, it has flickers of Angel, then sweetness, then not like Angel but its own special personality. Once it settles it is a mild gourmand with sweetness, which is utter class and debonair. I think of a traditional fantasy Disney Princess, brunette, like Snow White, at Cinderalla's ball.. or these days a true spirit in a horrid, selfish world; one who always put the hapiness of others at the forefront of all they think, and because of that, they are the old fashioned princess in my eyes..

15 mins - 4 hours - Projects 1-2 foot around. Class in a bottle. The sister of L'Instant Guerlain Extreme Homme

4 - 6 hours - 6 inch projection

6-10 Hours - Beautiful drydown

A stunning, wonderful creation

Quality

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Wow, is this sweet. It wasn't the vanilla bomb I expected it to be however. It smelled on application just like a Belgian waffle with chocolate on top! Warm and very sweet and maybe overly rich. I like the dry down better , when it becomes milky smooth, with only a bit of the sweetness and a hint of sandalwood. It would be a good purchase though for anyone who likes gourmands and the bottle is very cute.

whiten
whiten

I never thought I would like a "sweet" scent. I always labeled wish as a girly girly gagging sweet scent. I couldn't even look at the base notes, milk coconut caramel, I thought it would give me a toothache. then one day, I just tried it. omg, I didn't try this pretty little thing before?? it is nice,I never thought it would smell good on me, but I like it. a bit heavy at the start, but quickly it develops to more of a warmer but darker scent, not bubblegum sweet, more like caramel and oddly a hint of coffee sweet,to me.. the first notes may be somewhat ovewhelming but it changes to something so nice so quickly. It will be my sweet perfume,a change from my "bitter" ones (as 12 y.o. cousin named them):D I wish I have wish :D (seriously, it started getting hard to find here :D)

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Weird fragrance. Doesn't smell like Angel WHAT SO EVER. I don't even get that comparison.

The first thing I get when I spray Wish is an alcoholic fruit cocktail I used to like when I was a teenager. I don't like this, omg. I don't want to smell like alcohol.

After 30min I don't even know what I get.. I can't detect any ingredient/note listed here. I get a bit coconut and sugar. When I spray Angel I get patchouli, melon, honey, caramel, .. but Wish? Nothing detectable.

BUT I love this perfume for an odd reason. It's so different, so edgy so I will wear this 'till the last drip.

Odd odd perfume.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I too cannot see the comparisons to angel. I wear this all the time the only time it even remotely reminds me of angel is when first sprayed. I agree with another reviewer here who said it is more like casmir by chopard. If you like honey, caramel, vanilla then this is a good one but I find unlike other perfumes I have used this one takes a long time to get to that stage. You will need to put up with a powdery patchouli for a while before you can smell the soft caramel.

vanillafreak

i love this one....today i've had it on my wrist all day,and it's been ages since i last smelt wish
it's soo milky, velvety, luscious!
i love it! new must - have....sweet, a little bit edgy, and definately unique...i see ppl say it's similar to Angel, but i don't see that so much.. It may be gourmand, but it's far wormer and a little more feminine (not on the girly side though). it is an edgy perfume, like Angel - maybe this is where they can be similar- but less edgy, more tamed, sweeter.
staying power is awsome....6 hrs now.
new obssesion!

SheShe
SheShe

They say it's similar to Angel. I hate Angel, I don't like Wish. I have a Snow Queen in my imagination when I sniff my wrist. She's cold, dangerous, seems sweet but she isn't, she can do you harm easily - so is the bottle, cold and looks like a weapon ;) I don't feel comfortable wearing it but the scent is interesting like all Chopard's scents I used.

The scent is honey-ish, chocolate-ish, especially in the end, but it's a cold and dangerous sweetness...

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I've come to the conclusion that I just don't understand 90s perfumes. That, or somehow NONE of them smell good on me! I agree that Wish Chopard is kind of comparative to Angel, but Wish is not as strong and harsh as Angel. I can tolerate this scent- it's not overpowering, but not soothing or delicious in any way.

I've dabbed this on about 15 minutes ago, and I'm smelling oriental florals, woods, spice, and something creamy. I don't understand why perfumes like this one and Angel are categorized as 'oriental vanilla'. Vanilla is traditionally categorized as 'gourmande', is it not? How are Angel and Wish gourmande? Perfumes like Fancy, Fantasy, and Body Shop Vanilla remind you of food, not these...

I definitely won't purchase a full bottle of Wish- I bought a mini and I adore the bottle, so I'm keeping that. I'm only trying these 90s perfumes in search of a mysterious, wonderful oriental-vanilla perfume that my ESL teacher used to wear (1995-1997). I hope I'll find it someday! :(

Update: I will (sort of) eat my hat! I've grudgingly had this on for about 6 hours now and it smells... really good! I can smell the caramel, vanilla, honey and incense notes and my confusion about the 'oriental vanilla' term has abated. Pity about the patchouli note, which is the offensive (to my nose) dominant top note and remains in the drydown. I will upgrade my rating from 'dislike' to 'like'.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Ive never been able to wear Angel ( except the Garden of Stars Violet version which i adore ) , as it has that "dirty" note which doesn't agree with me ..The patchouli maybe ??

Reviewer Adele below is spot on "a less dirty interpretation"

I did want to try Wish on the strength of good reviews here and the very cute bottle , so got little mini on ebay for a very good price .

I am so pleased with this perfume!! Its lovely , wearable , doesn't offend some ( like Angel)....I'm very happy indeed.

What i love about the mini is the sweet little bottle is refillable and Ive attached it to a silver chain...Cute and practical too :)

I used the whole of my wish while out on a very hot humid and sticky day out in London last week. The scent did not get cloying at all in the heat , which is a big bonus. I cant usually wear Gourmands in the heat - except this one!

Ive just bought a 30ml FB on ebay so i can re-fill my Mini-come-necklace :) As even if i had of disliked Wish , I still would of paid a lot more for my cute , portable , refillable "Diamond "

Fragrantica reviewers have done it again , i would of never discovered this "wearable affordable Angel" without you !!! Bless you all !!

adele l
adele l

I love my Angel but she is not an everyday wear fragrance..Wish is very sweet and less dirty than its inspiration. Also bears some resemblance to Casmir..a sweeter more honeyed version. I honestly thought I'd hate wish but I actually want to buy it now strangely enough:) A very easy to wear pleasant gourmand whose staying power could be slightly better.

wvfonseca

Wha's is name of model of ads Chopard Wish at 1998 looking for the sky trying take the sky?
Very sugestive, about Angel.
Thanks?

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

If this is supposed to be a dupe of Angel, then it's the tamest version I've ever smelled.

To me, this reminds me of the Puerto Rican Coquito my Tia makes at Christmas time. Rum, sweet condensed milk, coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg.

Leek
Leek

I do see the similarity to Angel here. This is another beautiful fragrance by Chopard. It lacks the complexity of Angel, but is very rich and stands by itself. I can pick up coconut, vanilla and incense most. Drydown is a little masculine, yet still pretty and sweet. That's a must try for any sweet perfume lover like me. I fell for it, and the bottle is adorable on my vanity. Thumbs up

artsymom
artsymom

Unfortunately, this didn't mix with my chemistry. I bought it based on the vanilla note which sounded appealing. On me it turned too sweet and spicy with a strong soap note. In its defense, I will say it is long lasting! I bought a .17 oz mini on ebay and used only a dab if anyone would like to trade.

jae
jae

I'm still shocked that this is being marketed as a men's fragrance in Kuwait. But I'm NOT surprised that I LOVE it on my skin. But I am surprised at how MUCH I love it on my skin.

Addressing the comparisons to Angel: I tried Angel and actually considered buying it at one point. That never happened. My skin prefers Wish. Plus, who can resist that diamond-shaped flacon? LOL

P.S. - you know, there's something in this composition that reminds me of its big sister, Chopard Casmir. The similarities are MUCH, MUCH closer than to Angel.....

Rizack2
Rizack2

Starts off like a light version of Angel, then dries down to a light angel and berries scent. Very pretty but on the lighter side and has some staying power. Gorgeous bottle!

parfum collectionar
parfum collectionar

I HAVE IT AND IT IS MY FAVOURITE AT ATLL
I HAVE 289 PARFUMS AND WISH IS IN TOP 1O

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Take one tall cup of cold, full cream milk, add a heaped tablespoon of strawberry Nesquik--rather yummy and artificially delicious to open.

As Wish develops I get some powdered caramel and honey and some lovely soft florals. Nicely blended with some soft patchouli and rosewood that cut through the sweetnesss. Sandalwood adds some sultry depth but never overpowers the powdery goodness.

Wish is as charming as a grown-up strawberry milk moustache with malt!

Hyponse
Hyponse

This smells strong and artificial on my skin the first hour. But after a while it turns sweet and caramelly....but sorry too late. I don`t like this.

Kione
Kione

After reading here it was a bit like Angel (and having a love/hate relationship with it), I tested it today and I totally disagree. The first note is a very strong rose, nothing like the intoxicating first notes of Angel. After an hour it dissipated to some kind of very subtle candy and after two hours it had almost disappeared.

Not worth it at all.

BethPot39
BethPot39

Sweet vanilla coconut perfume! Happy to wear this when the sun comes!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I don't find this sweet and I don't think it is similar to Angel - at least on me it is far from it. This is strong and has some kind of harsh feel to it.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

Wish is a very gourmand, milky fragrance. I can´t detect the fruit notes, but milk mixed with baked sugar and flowers over a patchoulli base, slightly ambery, with a hint of incense.
It opens a bit strong, but soon becomes softer and seems to mix perfectly with my own skin smell. In fact, I think the best way to describe the driedown is as a soft "skin smell", very confortable and very delicious.
I don´t find it similar to Angel, which is much stonger, complex and sophisticated. Wish is warm, but not dark at all. The sillage is great during the first hour, then it becomes closer and lasts over 6 hours on my skin. It´s a beautifil perfume. Gourmand, not oversweet, yet really yummy.

I finished a bottle of this in my twenties and liked the incence and yummy smell. Today you can say it's just one more scent like Angel & Co. But back then there weren't so much scents like this out and it was special. Back then I used scents like Lou Lou - and Wish fitted in well. Today I wouldn't buy it anymore because my taste has changed :)

Psyche
Psyche

I find Angel far superior to Wish. Angel to me is mysterious though sweet. On me, with Wish all I seem to get is the very strong and cloying scent of honey. I don't particularly like to smell like honey, and therefore do not like this fragrance at all as it didn't develop into anything more on my skin.

I agree with the reviewers saying this is kind of the cheaper version of Angel..... less intriguing, and it has so many elements going on that it's almost too much and just falls flat.

olga1780
olga1780

Today i finally wore it outside of the house and i noticed that it didn't really last that long on me....3 hours later i couldnt smell anything at all.
But i still think it is a wonderful, quality perfume

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

To my nose, Wish is a VERY milky fragrance. Top notes are mainly strawberry and coconut, and as it dries down, I can detect a good amount of honey, amber, patchouli, and caramel. However, the whole way through, I can smell the very strong combination of milk & vanilla.

The very first time I smelt this, I wasn't quite sure what to expect (other than to expect an Angel clone), but it's not as similar as I thought it would be, and that's a good thing. There are some similarities, but Wish definitely has its own personality. Where Angel is trying very hard to be sexy(not to mention, extremely musky), Wish is sexy in a fun & effortless way. It doesn't have the musk that Angel has, so if you're not a fan of really musky fragrances, Wish would probably be your thing.

While this fragrance would be suitable for anytime, in my own humble opinion, Wish is probably steered to be a bit more of a night-time scent, as opposed to day scent.

Overall, I rate this fragrance a 9/10. :-)

krissycat
krissycat

This is Thierry Mugler Angel without the headache. I can't wear angel, angel wears me. It's way too strong and I end up getting a headache when I wear it. But wish is all the notes I do love about Angel but tamed down enough that I can handle it. It's very soft and angelic like. I like it

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Many people describe Wish as Angel's little child!
Propably they are not wrong, but remember that Wish is far more elegant and lady like!
It is not "dirty" as Angel.
I would say that this longlasting perfume suits wonderful your winter nights with your man!
I think that most men would be attracted by this sweet/bitter/heavy vanilla scent...
Either you like or not Angel you should give Wish a chance.
Maybe you will find out your next purchase and why not your signture scent!
A memorable but not that famous or popular perfume!!!

saratansey4U
saratansey4U

A cross between Poison and Angel and you wouldn't buy it????????? I only WISH it were and I'd buy crate-loads. However puns aside there is plenty to like about Wish.

What I like most is the luminous roundedness of the scent.From the moment it goes on my skin it radiates warmth and a glow that is entirely pleasant and sweetish but with a deeper duskiness underneath. Lovely for a winter evening or a cold day when you are snuggling into cashmere. I wish WISH was golden and not that wishy washy pale blue.WISH it wasn't called Wish. I'd call it Gold-dust.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

I love sweet perfumes!
But this is too much for me ... my skin is like chocolate liquor smell, very strong.
Instead, I gave it for his birthday to my mother, she was fascinated with the fragrance.
It is an elegant fragrance and hard to take if you do not have the right chemistry on the skin .... to try before you buy!!

mimosabee
mimosabee

smells of burnt sugar and vomit... another version of Angel.. triggers my migraine... -_- I am especially speechless in front of the ones who can wear this to daytime.

Edit: I think I found what smells rotten and gives me the impression of vomit... Its milk...

Cheryl5406
Cheryl5406

I just received this today - how heavenly. I decided to try it because the notes are most of my favorites. I have to say, when I first sprayed it my first thought was this is not for me - five minutes later I was in love. I really don't sense any one of the notes seperately and yet it plays like a wonderful sweet symphony on my skin. I'm not usually a vanilla lover but in this perfume it works. I'm so happy I found this yummy perfume.

Days later - I still love the scent but I'm so disappointed in the staying power. Gone in a few hours...

Eleiria
Eleiria

Milky, creamy, pastel heaven... I tended to stay away from Wish for years, because years ago, when I met a friend of mine she was wearing an incredibly heavy perfume that got me nearly suffocated and she told me it was Wish. So, I kept well away from it for some time. Then, one day, all of a sudden I saw it on a shelf at a store and said "why not?". Thank god I said that! It's just splendid. Warm and sweet and luxurious, Wish has become one of my favourites.

At first I do get some disturbing coconut note but luckily it's not long lasting and is soon overcome by honeysuckle. Then the beautiful heart notes come up and I'm in love. This is what I'd call feminine; soft, sensual and delightful. After like 1.5 hours, the base notes take over and they last quite long, one spray lasted about 6 hours on my wrist.

The dry down is just another level of femininity, but this time with a deeper sexiness; caramel and vanilla is the softer side and incense creates a deep and mysterious air. I would describe the heart notes as the complementary element of a scene where a woman lies on a bed in a candlelit room on a winter night, wearing pastel satin nightdress, pearl necklace and wavy hair. The transition from the heart notes to the base notes is like going from day to night.That's Wish's image in my mind and I like it's soft and milky quality, contrary to the other highly popular fragrance it's frequently compared to - and this comparison is something I don't understand because how can we say they're alike or Wish is imitating the other when their attitudes and the message they're giving are so different?

The heart has reasons
The heart has reasons

I just received my .5 ml. bottle today. When I first opened my little bottle & took a sniff I was sooo disappointed . It smelled so sharp & sour. I thought Oh MY!!!! my bottle has turned but bravely tested on my wrists. With-in seconds notes danced out & became full bodied, sweet rich & spicy . As a former Angel devotee( I loved her 'till she turned on me) I was in heaven!!!! The notes I love in a fragrance that does not wear me. Very lovely fragrance. It may just be my next signature scent.... we shall see.

chiccouture
chiccouture

It's a very very sweet fragrance. Almost on the same line as fantasy in the sweetness compartment but definitely has more depth to it than fantasy. I get a lychee note even though it's not listed. Must be the combination of black locust, coconut and gooseberry.

I like this scent but for me I prefer a less strong scent for day. It's a great night out perfume and the incense adds the extra touch of sultriness. Best used in winter as I find it a bit cloying in the summer. This perfume is fairly original however I do find in it similarities to some others although I cannot put my finger on it because it's so subtle. Perhaps it's the milky vanillary chord that makes it familiar.

It's definitely worth it's price which says much about some perfumes these days which are all about brand names and no quality substance.

eilismaireg

I'm sorry to say it to haters of Angel but I find this a budget version which lacks the strangeness and dissonance of the patchouli note in Angel. However, this may make it more wearable for some people as it's really straightforwardly nice-smelling, like a dessert. I wouldn't wear it as I find it a bit stuck in a certain time but I'd be glad to smell it on others!

Perfection in a bottle.

Ever since I bought this perfume, I have grown into a devote addict. It is the first fragrance I really have a strong relationship with. Any day I wear this, I get at least three compliments for smelling so good, even hours and hours after the apply. Just yesterday, I sprayed some squirts of "Wish" at nine in the morning. All during work, people kept commenting about how lovely I smelt (you should think they would grow accostumed to it - I wear perfume to work every day!). Then at about seven, I took a walk with a friend, and after a while she sniffed me and said "you smell soooo good!" And I was like, "what the ..., you can't smell my perfume after ten hours", but she insisted I smelt "vanillary, like a cookie with caramel syrup". So it had to be WISH.

Agree with rubyred. My wish is that I had bought a HUUUUUUGE bottle. But that will be remedied very soon.

Kirancilla

Wore this to work today...
First reaction of a (female) co-worker when passing her by on the way to my desk: "Wow, what is this heavenly scent? Oh... it's you!" All morning, people kept sniffing me and asking for my perfume. Imagine that, I even got compliments from my boss!
Early afternoon, I had already forgotten that I was wearing perfume, I sat down beside a male colleague during my break. His comment: "Hey, nice fragrance you got!" So he could still smell it on me even if I couldn't! By the way, it was also kinda remarkable because that colleague has been totally ignoring me until lately...

This is really turning into my new signature scent, I love love love it!

guest_Newbie
guest_Newbie

I think it is still a valid comparison because Heat and Wish are Oriental Vanilla but yea, I understand how one's experience can be different from another.

Wish is still a great fragrance. It's a little too complex and too sweet for me, but I still would like to own it as part of my collection.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

How can anyone abuse Wish by Chopard by saying it is similar to Angel?
While Angel is a baby sick in a fancy bottle, the most repulsive mixture I have ever tried to wear, Wish has nothing to do with it.
Wish is a ''tactful'' fragrance, delicate, floral vanillic, with no notes sticking out or being out of place.
Wish is a pleasant fragrance, making me feel really sexy and safe.
It is great for a family meeting as well as a shopping day or busy day at office.
It does drag people's attention - it is very feminine.
I have not tried other ''Wishes'' but that one is my little personal favourite.
A tiny pet I love to keep in my handbag :-)

Kirancilla

This is most probably the best fragrance I have ever had. I could easily imagine this becoming my signature scent. I SO love it. From what I heard this perfume definitely needs the right body chemistry, and I'm lucky to say that this works just perfect on me.

The first time I tried it, I didn't like the top notes very much, and I couldn't detect incense in it. Strangely enough, now I absolutely love the strong burst of the beginning, and I get loads of incense on my skin, which I think is great. The sweet, creamy, flowery heart... and then, the best part of it: the most delicious caramel vanilla, lingering on the skin for hours and hours, mixed with a bit of amber and just a hint of warming patchouli.

The bottle is gorgeous. So beautiful and so fitting for this fine, fine fragrance.

And it lasts eternities.

This perfume is perfection.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

This is a pretty fragrance, although cloying on my skin. If Chopard's Casmir represents warmth then Wish represents coolness. It I were to pick one over the other, Casmir would win because the vanilla smells much more natural; the vanilla note in Wish smells chemical-laden to my nose. Although I definitely prefer Wish over Angel. The synthetic chocolate note in that makes me nauseous. Wish is a cleaner, lighter & better alternative to Angel IMO. And still wearable during hot weather. And I don't know a woman who wouldn't want the lovely cut glass bottle on top of their dresser or vanity. I know I would.

I just wanna say that the heat by Beyonce is another good oriental vanilla fragrance. It's kinda similar to Chopard Wish but it's less complex and easier to wear on everyday basis.

vuelo
vuelo

It's very sweet and gourmand. Not as cloying as Angel, though they are similar. When I'm in mood for a very sweet and foody perfume, I put this on, this is the sweetest I can manage.

Malibu
Malibu

- - - - - - - - - -
The fragrance
- - - - - - - - - -

really tried to love WISH; it contains so many of my favourite scent notes. Plus, I love how it applies bitter, and then dries down to a sweet, creamy vanilla/caramel scent.

I do love the contrast between the top and base notes. However, I had to give in; it is just too strong for me to wear. The notes of patchouli are especially overwhelming; it hits you straight in the face and hides the other notes for a good hour or so.

When the fragrance has settled down on my skin I like the slightly powdery smell and then the creamy, soft sweetness it dries down with.

The bottle
- - - - - - - - -

The diamond shaped bottle is stunning to look at, but since it rests on it's side it's not secure... so it's prone to rolling and being knocked onto the floor.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Other buying considerations

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As it's a strong fragrance the lasting power is good, I can still smell it after a working day.

WISH would be nicely comforting and warming during autumn/winter, so it's best worn in colder weather. It's suitable for work and evening wear; it's a bit too much for casual wear.

I do understand the comparions this perfume gets to Theirry Mulgar's Angel: WISH does remind me strongly of my Angel wearing years. I blame the patchouli overkill. To be fair WISH isn't as cloying or sickly sweet, but it'd be best to avoid in warmer weather.

My opinion
- - - - - - - - -

I'd read loads of glowing reviews for WISH, so went ahead and ordered a bottle [blind. I couldn't find it for sale in any shops to test beforehand] and was ultimately disappointed.

Lots of the scent notes are undectable; There's simply too much going on. And what I am able to seperate appears stronger, as the hidden notes add to the potency.

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

I have a bottle of this I bought about 5-6 years ago. It's not the pretty blue it was when I bought it, but it doesnt smell bad. How long will it last? Has it already started changing? I don't want to throw it away if I don't have to. Thanks

Pierina
Pierina

I bought this fragrance based on reviews found here. I wasnt able to sample wish but found one which was similar.
on first spray the fragrance is a little too sweet for my taste but after a few minutes it develops into a lovely warm dessert of a scent with a caramel middle and vanilla finish. very happy with it as a winter scent and I find it appropriate for daytime and evening wear.
will be wearing it tonight with a cream knit dress and brown boots.
(yep I match my scents to my wardrobe! :)
also I agree its similar to Angel, but much less OTT!
I would never buy angel, I'm quite certain its aroma contains a calorie content it is so very sweet <(:-D

panda0410
panda0410

One of my all time faves, and prob close to my signature scent - had it not been for its difficulty in being found in Australia as other aussies here will attest to :( This is incredibly hard to find here, making me use what I have sparingly. A lovely gourmand with vanilic notes, the honey, milk and amber make this a super creamy gourmand, yet the lily of the valley adds a feel to it that keeps it clean and fresh as well. Its bears some similarity to Angel - but in that its also a vanilic gourmand, they do not smell the same but rather live in the same gourmand-y vanilla-y neighbourhood. Wish of course however is minus the badly behaving patchouli noted as a feature note in Angel, Wish is smoother, and far more pleasant.
If I could wear this every single day I very well may, but since I have a great deal of trouble finding this here in downunder land I reserve it for special occasions - its one of my truest loves!

This is my very first blind purchase ever, and I bought it originally based on the fact that I love the bottle, that's all! How crazy! I swear I won't do this again tho.

At first, I enjoy the top notes! it smells like a strawberry vanilla cake; nice, smooth and not super sweet. Later, it turns into milky smooth floral vanilla, and it gets sweeter and sweeter! At this point, I regret spraying too much. Oh boy... don't try this in summer.

Once the sweetness starts to go away but the floral notes stay, it becomes really comfy and feminine. Hours later, the incense and patchouli to keep all the flower under control. Overall, this scent is very nice, even though I find the mid notes are less pleasing due to the clash of flowers. What I love is the top and base notes. Its not sexy but comfort and inviting scent. Remember it's not hair spray! it's strong, so spray a little and reapply when needed!

Sweet and glassy fragrance:)

Most of all I feel the osmanthus note in this fragrance. As I understand, the berry note that I feel in this fragrance is a goose berry, but actually it reminds me more a strawberry scent. The caramel note is also very noticeable.

Not bad, but I don't like this fragrance because of the osmanthus note, which, in my humble opinion, makes this fragrance more pure and brings me associations with the glass. Or with its bottle. But I like its bottle. Well done!

p.s. I can't agree that this fragrance smells like Angel. It's not so heavy and I don't feel the strong patchouli note in Wish. The difference in notes is noticeable, I only feel the similarity in direction.

Celphie
Celphie

The first thought that came to my mind as I smelled this was JS Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D minor". I dunno maybe it's because I love that music so much and never tire of it. But if that composition had a smell, Chopard's "Wish" would be it: they are both rich, heavenly, and magical, and soooo good that you never get bored of them.

I was really impressed by this perfume as incense is not really my cup of tea..What I like about this is that the incense, along with the floral notes balance (or rather, cancel out) any strong sticky sweetness that may be caused by the sugary notes of caramel and honey, despite the fact that I'm an ardent gourmand fan. That, I think, makes it all the more difficult for me to try and decipher individual notes. Instead, I am left here sitting in a comfortable chair in front of the window, gazing into the starry night, and filling my lungs with this single beautiful heavenly perfume.

I don't know what people's reaction will be to this, as I just bought my first bottle, and still haven't worn this around people, but one thing is certain, this is one of those perfumes that satisfy my nose, and to me, that is really all that matters. As long as the nose is happy, everyone's happy!

vickytoria
vickytoria

Help! My bottle of Wish lost its coulour! It used to be blue but now it's more grey. Is that normal? I have stored it away from the sun and the heat so I don't know why it has changed. Has anyone got any ideas? I have to say though, this is one of my favourites but I can only wear it when it is really cold so it is definitely not for the summer i think.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I wanted to try a vanilla scent and found samples of this one so decided to try it out.
It's a little tough to get used to when you're a floriental girl and I've never smelled Angel, so that comparison isn't happening here.
What I do get is a scent which brings to mind cherries covered not in chocolate, but caramel with just a touch of a creamy vanilla liquer.
I don't pick up any specific stages at all, just a slightly stronger fruitiness in the top, probably due to the strawberry.
And sadly I have to sniff my wrist close-up to smell anything at all after only a few hours, so it has no longevity for me.
I think Chopard is on the right track and this fragrance could be stunning with the right chemistry, it just doesn't trip my trigger.
I'll give Casmir a shot.

serenity3107

well if kittymoon finds wish "less interesting" , than i really have to say that I find Angel downright rude and a bit "unfinished " with very sharp notes and without the soft curves
idk ..i guess ppl like to wear Angel just because it's popular ...
yeah i know i've just insulted half the women on this site :P

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

Once again, my odd chemistry seems to transform a fragrance into something quite different from how it turns out on most other people. I bought this one unsniffed - the notes seemed like they would work on me, and even though I kinda like Angel I have huge issues with it (ex-mother-in-law's signature scent), so something that's reviewed over and over as "similar to Angel, but not quite" seemed worth a try.
The initial spray was very much like Angel, however more berry-floral-vanilla instead of spicy-vanilla. And after just a few minutes, the vanilla is nothing but a vague hint in the background, leaving room for berries and flowers mixed with a little milk and honey. I'd say Wish reminds me more of Black XS, but gentler and less in-your-face than both that one or Angel, for that matter. A soft, cute, gourmandish oriental floral in one of the prettiest bottles I've ever seen!

guest_to Sombra
guest_to Sombra

I don't agree,Wish is much better than Angel!Angel is too masculine,very heavy and owerpovering.Wish is light,sweet,feminine and very sexy.

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

It just meshes so well with my chemistry...my dear friend Dark Curls had me smell it when we went to dinner and I loved it...not to mention the bottle...I smell vanilla & floral with hints of the oriental...love it!!!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I got mine today based on the reviews I like it a lot I really like the notes in this perfume. I like the dry down is very soft with lots of vanilla and violets. This and TM Angel are two totally different fragrances. So far I like Angel better, time will tell. Wish doesn't last as long on my skin as I would like!

serenity3107

one of the best fragrances on the market
i just received a bottle of wish and i admit that it became my favorite perfume.
wish is really sweet and not at all spicy like Angel...imo this one is better than Angel...very long lasting and A LOT cheaper

sky76sky
sky76sky

Chopard is good at paying "homage" to many frag starlets, but Wish is much more than a copycat frag.

What suprises me is how the patchouli-woodsy bitter notes appear first & gradually become engulfed by warm, sweet waves of smoky vanilla as the scent evolves.

This is not as twee or Angel-like as I expected....when I smell the fruits they are not candied, they come with the vines & leaves, too! Heady & heavenly, touched by incense.

This perfume has good longevity & sillage - a little goes a long way. It becomes a rich, gourmand vanilla after 1/2 hr & continues to sweeten & ripen until you are left with a trail of dusky-amber many hours later.

Wish is not a frag I wanted to like, but I do. The bottle is cute, with a weighty feel & quality, well-fitting solid lid. The liquor is girly & super-sweet but with an earthy, adult edge....Wish probably has hidden tattoos under her uniform, writes poetry & smokes gitanes.

....but Wish Magical Nights still wins hands down.

eilismaireg

Luca Turin calls this 'Cherry Baileys' which puts me off it! The amount of chemical notes in both this and angel are a little overwhelming, though they are giving it away on fragrance sites here in the UK which is a big bonus if you like this type of scent which actually feels a little dated now ie; resolutely stuck in the 90's.

Dark Curls

BTW this smells nothing like Angel. Angel has a unique and distinct smell and this does not resemble it. Smell them side by side and you will see...

Dark Curls

You're right Adriana_87! I LOVE this scent! It smells gorgeous! Even after a couple hours it smells just yummy. This is my kind of perfume. Glee! :)

Opium
Opium

This is my favourite! I ADORE IT!

The diamond shape bottle is stunning.
Wish is a real treat for an evening out. A deep, warm, elegant, sensual, sexy fragrance. Beautiful vanilla base with caramel tones that has a slight fruity lift. Delightful! Sweet and vanilla based. It's a very classy warm scent, luxurious and rewarding, sophisticated and complex.

Bold enough to make you stand out in the crowd, but subtle enough to be intriguing.
It's certainly a smell that you remember...

queenssess
queenssess

karamelize me...just what it means: come, wish and turn me upside down...used to wear for a very long long time; still charming, still inadequate in words sonmehow fresh and still not enough to explaine the ambitions...but with an absence of an elusive insatiable spirit...

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

Very strong scent,very loooong lasting power,exactlylike Angel,is not bad after 3-4 hours,but very hard for me.I dont like it.

agentlolisa
agentlolisa

French? If a scent describes a Parisian I could argue it was this. At first this perfume is startlingly sophisticated. I don't agree it's 'sugary' or 'sweet', it's more alert and sensual simultaneously. Neither do I agree that the Vanilla is a central factor of this fragrance. I find it to be feminine, refreshing and uninhibited rather than sexy and edible.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Just bought it.love it.will add this one on my top oriental vanilla.love the all scent that reminds me of angel but can still know the difference.on me strawberry incense vanilla type of smell.woman frag.love it!

@missk : you are wrong: as "perfumistas" might know Wish was launched looooong before Miss Dior Cherie, so of course it can´t be a copy of it or " a Try to feed of the success of Miss Dior Cherie" as you claim. Kind regards :-)

saint_alison
saint_alison

I love Wish, I am onto my second 75ml bottle. Recently I spoke to a sales person about how hard it was to find Wish in stores anymore (from Australia), apparently Australia has stopped importing it in? Of anyone had heard more on this, please let me know. Some stores seem to have plenty of stock.. maybe its old.

Anyway, this perfume is so luxurious and sophisticated and I think it is unique, I am not a fan of Angel nor think they are that similar (especially if you didn't know they were both blue in pretty bottles with silver tops). I love the dry down with this, its so dreamy, creamy vanilla-y. it is very strong though and some people are not fans of it. Spraying it in an enclosed space is not a good idea, it even nauseats me and I am a Wish lover. Use with consideration for others.

LadyIM
LadyIM

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance and the bottle too. It is warm, romantic and sophisticated. Perfectly for cold season.
It lasts and lasts and lasts. I can smell it hours later on my clothes.
Men love it...

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I really like this scent,its very similair to angel but much more wearable.There is also more sweeter notes in it that doesnt give me a headache like angel does.And after a while it develops its own personality it changes to a much better scent then angel.Very feminin and confident.Gives a sexy boost..

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

I thought I would like Wish based on the notes in it. I was right, I love it. At first spray it is really intense, and you wonder if you did the right thing.Then it mellows into this rich, creamy vanilla and chocolate scent. Yummy! My son in law remarked that Wish is his favorite perfume that I have bought so far.And I have a lot of perfumes. It is similar to angel but not as strong, although it is still strong.So, as with angel, you may not want to over apply.

I was aware that Wish had some similarities to Angel by Thierry Mugler prior to testing, yet I wasn't quite prepared for how similar they actually are.

When I first applied Wish to my wrist it seriously messed with my head. I had to keep reminding myself that it was Wish that I was smelling and not Angel.

Once you get past the initial ten minutes, Wish starts to show some signs of individuality. The heart of this scent is much softer and sweeter than Angel, and dare I say, more enjoyable. It has a slight powdery softness with hints of fruit, (possibly the strawberry note). Very feminine and sweet.

Just when I started admiring this scent, the vanilla, patchouli and caramel notes emerged reminding me of another fragrance, Miss Dior Cherie, only a lighter version of that scent.

The lack of originality started to turn me off this fragrance very quickly. It's almost like Chopard has tried to create a scent that feeds off the success of both Angel and Miss Dior Cherie.

I'd say for lovers of both of those scents I mentioned above, purchase Wish because that way you'll get two fragrances in one. However, for fragrance lovers looking for something that little bit different, try looking somewhere else.

nikornplay
nikornplay

I buy this one mainly because of the beautiful bottle,and the real one is nicer than the picture.

when I test this perfume I feel the sweet scent similar to M by Mariah Carey. but wish is stronger and sweeter. it will stay with you for long hours.

not expensive at all.this is good to be a gift for your lover

sweet and sweet!but not like the sweetness of angel,it's a very girlish sweetness and f course more takeable.
it starts with sweet notes of caramel.I can recognize some sweet fruits like black currant or coconut.it's a real oriental vanilla.but to be honest,personally I prefer perfumes with some hints of citrus,but this one has the character and in it's character citrus or orange don't exist.
the heart of perfume is still floral and sweet.my nose is looking for some fruity notes,but there isn't any.it's like a honey milk mixed with coconut and caramel.very delicious and strong cocktail for a cold winter day.
it reminds me paradox by jaccamo too.but paradoz is more into honey scent,while this one is more into caramel.
unfortunately the long lasting power is not that strong that you would expect from such a sweet perfume.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Sweet vanilla scent. Though I like it, it seems like it's missing something catchy that whould make it stand out. (Not that each fragrance has to stand out, it just has so many wow-like reviews, that I was expecting something really remarkable about it)

It was compared to Lolita in some reviews here - I don't see it. And even if I'd have to compare them, Lolita's got a lot of character in it, Wish is just pleasantly sweet and warm.

As for Wish vs Angel - I have right now both of them on my wrists, and wow - the difference is huge! I will put it this way - if you take Angel, mix it with water in proportion 25% fragrance-75% water - now it will probably resemble Wish a bit.

To sum up - in my opinion Wish is not a signature fragrance (like Angel or Lolita). Pleasant, sweet, easy to wear scent.

Elumina
Elumina

One of my all-time favorite fragrance. The bottle is lovely, this little inconspicuous diamond with the innocent baby-blue water. And the parfume itself smells gorgeous. "Wish" is very sweet (but not sugary-sweet, the different sweet components makes a good balance) milky, elegant and warm. I dont smell any specific notes out there, only maybe the coconut, vanilla and caramel, but its really unique.
I like to wear it on special occasions or in winter, because it gives much protection and confidence. For me its near to be a good Gourmand but its still a perfect Oriental-Vanilla. A must try for everyone who likes sweet and sensual fragrances.

skylar
skylar

Not a fan of the opening notes, kinda harsh for me, but after a while it smells wonderful, very powdery and sweet on me, there's is something fairylike about it. Anyway it doesn't smell that good on my mum, so it definitely needs the right chemistry. And the bottle, I love it! If you remember the movie "Death Becomes Her" the bottle reminds me of the elixir they used in the movie, but shorter.

Tanya80
Tanya80

That´s weird. I love this perfume, its like a collection of all notes that I love in a perfume, but couldn´t bring myself to buy this one...It´s so yammmy you want to eat it:)And it´s not expensive at all. Or is it too sweet? I don´t know. Maybe someone can help me with my doubts?

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

It's so funny I went through and read all the reviews and I love vanilla, sweet gouramand scents so I decided to add Wish to my collection. I got it yesterday and sprayed it own and I wanted to love this but I just can't... I smell the vanilla,the caramel.. the sweet I get... once it started the drydown I picked up the patchouli... and then it changed into what I can only describe as a babywipe's smell... and I see where it was mentioned in another review and I have to agree. It totally does not work with my chemistry though I love the smell of the fragrance. Very disappointed that I can't wear this as it is very different from most of my other fragrances and the bottle is gorgeous.

likaanitia
likaanitia

the first spray is annoying, make me nausea and headache, but after 5 seconds go, it's really nice and sweet, the real gourmand should have this ono XOXO

midnight
midnight

i remeber this fragrance from time i was a teenager.I had miniature then.I liked it very much.Today i got 30ml ofthis sweet diamond:)Im very glad i have it.It's very sweet, sensual, evening time and elegant fragrance.

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

This fragrance is one of the best.I think im addicted to this smell.The bottle is very cute, clear and fine.I cant understand why the most people say it smells like angel?!
Maybe the bottles are similar but the smells are different.
Wish is sweet,warm you very smell the gourmand notes and the woody notes.
For me its like a big purple cloud full of warmth and sweetness...i always feel secure when i wear it :)

pumpkinqueen
pumpkinqueen

I feel this is a more subtle.. less tacky version on Angel.

This is warm and sweet but doesnt annoy. It is not the same pungent smell as Angle though.. its very unique. I wore it every day from the age of 13-16 and now i may purchase it for old times sake.

Bottle is so lovely too!!

Perfumey and bright, drying down to super sweet vanilla with a the smallest touch of patchouli. Actually quite lovely, if unspectacular. I find this nothing at all like Mugler's Angel, which is loud, brash and overpowering, with body odor notes. Wish is much sweeter, more floral and less intrusive.

Tarida
Tarida

Sweet, sugary and delicious. If you like Angel and Lolita Lempicka you will love this fragrance.

Malegria
Malegria

I have to reapply it quite often to enjoy the lovely beginning of Wish again and again.Later it starts to have a slightly plastic, unnatural smell.It would have been totally fine with me, say - 10 years ago, but now I want something not so "plasticized".

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Enjoy the opening notes, but this dries down much too powdery for my tastes. As far as the Angel comparison, there are some similarities, but Wish is much easier to wear. Angel makes me nauseous. Sicily's review is spot-on!

scenthound
scenthound

I actually prefer this to Angel since the drydown is softer on me. It's more delicate than Angel, which can come off as too masculine.

LuckysGirl
LuckysGirl

In the beginning it smelled remarkably like Angel. However, later it has it's own sweeter smell to it. I don't smell baby wipes. Of course, I don't hang around with too many babies.

Marianne
Marianne

I don't like anything that's similar to Angel and this one definitely is - it smells like perfumed plastic.

Sicily
Sicily

I don't find it (that much) similar to Angel. They are both very sweet, and they both have that smoky effect, but Wish is much easier to wear, it is lighter and has less patchouli. At the dry-down, Wish is fruity-sweet, Angel is musky, dark and more remarkable. Wish is sweet, rich, woody scent in fantastic bottle, and I also think that Wish is much more Lolita-like than Angel.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This is a beautiful. elegant fragrance, and very much like Thierry Mugler's fragrance Angel, as mentioned by elgab89. It's a warm, sensual night time or special occasion fragrance. A bit sweet, too. I love it!

elgab89
elgab89

If you are a fan of Angel, this is the lower cost version ... Very Angel like fragrance, very nice and warm ( Vanilla says it all).

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Chopard Wish fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Chopard Wish, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wish by Chopard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wish by Chopard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.