Designers » C » Aromatic « Groups

Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him Christian Audigier for men

Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him Christian Audigier for men
dislike

Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him Christian Audigier for men Pictures

Ed Hardy launches new masculine and feminine fragrance in September 2012, inspired by the best known symbol of the brand - the skull and rose tattoo. Skulls & Roses for Him is a fresh ozone scent of bergamot, cardamom, lavender, moss and musk. The composition is developed by Marypierre Julien and Adriana Medina.

The fragrance comes in a 3D skull bottle. Available as EDT.

Cardamom Bergamot

Lavender

Musk Oakmoss

Fierce
Very Sexy Platinum for Him
Break Line

Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him Fragrance Reviews

Mrbigbigtoe

I have went from like to love over the last few months.

My ONLY complaint is that the lasting power is NOT good enough. However I'm satisfied with the siliage because I personally believe that if it projected more people would probably not like it.

Either way they need to release an intense EDP version NOW.

liav24
liav24

Good one
love it, smells really nice - reminds me alot the Mont Blanc, just better (have them both), and like the Fitch

smell is cool freshy and lime, i love it.
it also cheap, unlike the mont blanc or the Fitch (costs twice as much)

zinski19901
zinski19901

Nasty smelling soap like cologne. Very strong and bleach like

lynwood234
lynwood234

To EmperorToro: I agree with you. there is this freon/ozone/iceberg lettuce/bathroom cleaner smell on my skin. Absolutely horrible. I wiped it off with a towellete as fast as I could.

GaryG
GaryG

On my skin, Skulls & Roses smells very much like Victoria Secret Very Sexy Platinum for Men. If you read the reviews for Very Sexy Platinum, a lot of reviewers say this fragrance smells a lot like Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce.

I have all three fragrances. Skulls & Roses and VS Very Sexy Platinum smell very similar to me, and both of these fragrances smell like weaker versions of A&F Fierce.

Skulls & Roses and VS Platinum Sexy are for my weaker, casual weekend use. Fierce is for use during the week due to its longevity and strength. All three work great on my skin, all on the favs list.

Blowhard69
Blowhard69

The Los Angeles, California based house of Christian Audigier has come up with some very underrated and solid releases for men over the past decade, one of the few American houses to do so consistently since Calvin Klein in the late 80's and 90's. Still, since Jersey Shore, all things Ed Hardy have sunk to the bottom of the marketing ocean (in the USA) and have been available for bargain bin prices, often in gift sets loaded with extras costing little more than $20-$30.
Skulls & Roses is no different, it's made its way quickly to big retailers like Target and Walmart for rather low prices around $30-$35 if you can't find it at your local Ross or TJ Maxx. The only difference being this one just doesn't measure up to the quality of Love & Luck or Born Wild scent wise, this is far more toward the bland, unoriginal vision of Villain.

Skulls & Roses is a very minimalistic composition that relies greatly on the kitch of its packaging to sell. Bear in mind this was originally released just before Halloween on the East and West coast in 2012 and was targeted at teens in the hope more than a few would be drawn in by its novel intentions. The pyramid follows closely the massive mainstream early 2000's success of Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce and Woods, finding a middle ground between the two by combining the musky dominance of Fierce with the lavender of Woods. There's little original or exciting here for the well-traveled nose, but as a teen fragrance this is a reliable if not rather bland performer.
What you get is musky synthetic lavender with a hint of spice and citrus. Zero complexity or evolution during the wear until around the three hour mark; when the lavender recedes; the dry down is simply a very clean and soft musk with very little sophistication or embellishment. The thing is, that soft musky drydown clings to the skin for ages, drawing out the longevity to 7-8 hours but making it extremely uninteresting and a skin scent for most of the wear.
I used four sprays in 76 degree weather. Projection was moderate the first 1-2 hours but did devolve rather quickly to soft as the synthetic lavender and tinge of citrus flickered out and the musk took control.

Nothing really exciting or distinguishable from the plethora of releases that have oversaturated the market since the mid 2000's. If you are looking for a rather tacky but novel bottle to go along with some of your other Ed Hardy favorites it's worth picking up for next to nothing, but as a scent itself, absolutely unspectacular and uninspiring. Does perform fairly well for a teen fragrance.

Target age: 13-25
Time: spring, day fragrance/summer, early evening
Occasion: casual, date
Scent: Musky synthetic lavender with a tinge of spice and citrus. Dries down into a clean, soft musk.
Longevity: 7-8 hours (spring)
Sillage: moderate first 2 hours, soft afterwards

EmperorToro
EmperorToro

Some have dubbed this a "panty dropper". Well, if it is you can rest assured that the owner of said panties will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 18yrs old. Seriously, I can't imagine anyone that has worn or even smelled a quality frag enjoying this. One doesn't wear it. One endures it.

It drapes the wearer in a olfactory-piercing headache-inducing synthetic cloud. Perhaps it just didn't work with my body chemistry. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. Had soap and sink not been close I think I might has scraped it off with my fingernails.

As a general rule, I try to never judge a book by its cover. However, in the case of Skull & Roses you can. If you think the bottle is edgy, cool, awesome sauce, etc. You will probably like it. If you think the bottle looks like it's trying too hard well, I think you already know what's is awaiting you inside.

Skull & Roses is to fragrances what Ed Hardy is to tattooers. A cheap copy with obvious marketing. Consume at your own risk.

theXRC
theXRC

To jasonx: Yes! The Fierce bottle is indeed tackier. Man abs? I'll take a bad-ass skull any day of the week, or year, or century or millenium over that!

Oh yeah. Skull and Roses is a nice scent. Soft and warm. I won't replace it but I like it. My wife bought Fierce for me years ago. Funny I didn't care for it...and that was before the horrible current Fierce bottle. Mine had a simple red "Fierce" script.

If you actually own a man card, skulls are always cooler than man boobs and abs. Look it up!

hogan00
hogan00

Smells rather cheap and synthetic. Not sure why we keep comparing it to Platinum Egoiste.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I was impressed with this one as well, I know every 18 year old has this due to the bottle... but it did not reek of cheap 8$ target clearance perfumes like I thought it would.

Mrbigbigtoe

Has a nice smell, but this is really for romantic wear in my eyes because it is VERY soft.
Next to no projection except when first sprayed but that is gone within 30-60 minutes.
Now the longevity is moderate but anything anybody smells after 2 hours will be a faint wiff but if they like it, they might want to get a little closer;)
I'm 18, but really, I love heavy scents but this scent is the one that everybody would hate if it was overpowering. So really, if I continue to like it, I will definitely buy another bottle.
I realize some people have said that this is a enormous or heavy fragrance, well don't pay no attention to them because they have never owned anything that costs more than 20 dollars to begin with:)

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

This is a classic case of don't judge a book by its cover. This fragrance smells just like Fierce except with better silage and better longjevity. FOR HALF THE PRICE! WHat? Test it I'm tellin ya

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I smelled this at Target and I was impressed. It is soft and fresh, and it develops to a very appealing warm bouquet. Much better than I expected.

kenney77
kenney77

Very good fragrance peoplej need to try the fragrance before they judge just the bottle alone it's a good cologne try it out love the bottle too

scentualMan
scentualMan

This smells so much like the Abercrombie store that I don't need to waste more words on the describing it. Even though this isn't very original, it still smells pleasant. The projection and longevity seem quite admirable too. So if you like the smell of A&F Fierce, then give this one a try. You could do a lot worse.

GartenGnome
GartenGnome

Don't let the bad-boy skull bottle trick you! This juice is the essence of squeaky-clean man. A man who is ready for anything: adventure or romance or business as usual.
Currently this is my guy's signature scent and he totally rocks it. I especially enjoy when it's freshly sprayed, and it leaves a cloud of "yummy man" scent in the room. Mmmmm. The dry-down is heavenly too.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Just sampled this and whereas I have not tried either Fierce or MB Legend, I REALLY like this juice. It has a wonderfully strong opening and then in the dry down I am getting Claiborne Curve but a little stronger more developed. I guess my next step is to sample the Mont Blanc and decide which of the two I like better. And yes, I am intentionally ignoring the Fierce as I don't really want to pay that kind of money for what amounts to a "teen" frag. If I'm going to spend those kind of bucks, I'm reserving them for something a little more high end and classy.

Surprisingly, I like the scent when I try it. it just seems so right to wear for whatever and whenever but damn ugly bottle is just hard to ignore, especially that plastic rose. Now that I see people compare it to AF Fierce, and I have to agree. They smell quite similar but a lot less expensive!

paulhunter
paulhunter

A dead ringer for A&F Fierce. Because Ed Hardy couldn't get any douchier...

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

2 days ago I went to the mall to find a replacement for Mont Blanc Legend. It was either this or A&F Fierce.

Skulls and Roses is closer to Legend after comparing all three of them side-by-side at the mall.

I ended up buying the 6.7oz of Fierce over Skulls and Roses because Skulls and Roses was a bit messy throughout the life of the cologne (also because the sweetness of Fierce triggered something nice with my nose). It smells very good, but to a more-trained nose, it was kind of all over the place.

It did however out-perform both Fierce and Legend. For the price you can get for it, it is great! I still wouldnt mind having it.

OVERALL:
Scent = 3.5/5
Longevity = 3.5/5
Projection = 3.5/5

10.5/15

mommaozzy84
mommaozzy84

My hubby has this and I love how it smells on him! He bought me the matching perfume as well, because he said it smells great too. I recommend this for men, and go get your wife, girlfriend, or significant other the matching perfume. I happen to like the bottle. It's not about how the bottle looks, it's how it smells that matters to me.

dbouklieva18
dbouklieva18

Very similar to abercrombie and fitch wow! Kinda embarassing that they would come up with something so identical...come on ed hardy has its own style what's up with this one...

iiSwagger
iiSwagger

You should never buy a cologne just because the bottle is cool, but I couldn't help my self this time. I order this one a few weeks ago, and it finally got it in the mail, and I was surprised at the sent-result. I really like this one. It you can defiantly smell the bergamot, lavender, and musk. It seems really good, I wouldn't wear this everyday, though.

MrKingJubJub
MrKingJubJub

This fragrance doesn't smell nesecarilly bad... Just cheap. Many people have said that this resembles Fierce (I'm 14 and quite enjoy Fierce) and I will certainly agree. This fragrance does smell very similar, but lacks the top and base notes. I don't smell any pepper in this and I certainly don't get that lavender like opening of fierce. As a whole it has a slightly greener feel, but not in a good way. In my opinion this is more synthetic and cheap smelling. Not to mention the fact that this fragrance hails in comarison to fierce when it comes to longevity and projection. I am a fan of the Ed Hardy house, but this is a miss in my opinion.

Rating:

Underpriced 0/1

Overall 22/45

libbyanne
libbyanne

I Libbyanne do solemnly swear to suck the face off the first guy I catch the sniff of smelling of this yummy cologne. This will drop the panties faster than cherry brandy.

Jave26
Jave26

Identical & I mean identical to Mont Blanc legend & a&f fierce same juice different bottle

Grottola
Grottola

There's no oakmoss in this at all, whatsoever. It's just a scratchier, more abrasive version of Ambercrombie Fierce. Also, looking at the sample card, it has two mystery ingredients - "Covabsorb", and "Tinogard TT". But no Evernia prunastri!

bay224
bay224

Just another Abercrombie fierce rip-off, not nearly as good though.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Another amazing bottle ed hardly good job don't know how it's smell but I wouldn't mind buying this pretty awesome if I say so myself :-)

Fragrancelover2012
Fragrancelover2012

This has all the same ingredients as Ed Hardy Villain For Men minus the Oak Moss,so is gonna smell any different from Villain?!

ajm
ajm

"To Be" by Police did a better job wit the Skull bottle.

trittoly
trittoly

It actually comes in a 3D bottle,thats cool.i think i might just buy it cos of d skull biting the rose.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

"The fragrance comes in a 3D skull bottle."

[chuckles] As opposed to what? A 2D or 4D bottle?)

I want all my scents to come in Klein Bottles!!! :-) :-) :-)

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

come on guy,just give it a break..i think that the bottle looks pretty cool.after all skulls,roses,daggers etc are the theme elements of ed hardy...and my friend tri3pod for the rose note in the fragrance,does hearts and daggers have dagger note in it,these are just the elements of presentation of the scent..

I GUARANTEE THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BUY THIS FRAG BECAUSE OF THE COOL BOTTLE SINCE IT'LL BE COOL TO HAVE THIS IN YOUR COLLECTION AND IT'LL MAKE A GREAT GIFT TO PRESENT TO SOMEONE.

I THINK MAKING SUCH A BOTTLE IS VERY SMART OF ED HARDY

jasonx
jasonx

OMG - Can anything ever get tackier and cheaper looking than this?

tri3pod
tri3pod

ED HARDY SKULLS & ROSES

Ed...U must be joking, so where's the rose note on the fragrance pyramid?

Oooh, I know... The Skull had eaten the rose. lol

Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him by Christian Audigier 3.81 out of 5 based on 68 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Audigier Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Audigier Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him by Christian Audigier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him by Christian Audigier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.