Designers » C » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Villain for Men Christian Audigier for men

Villain for Men Christian Audigier for men
dislike

Villain for Men Christian Audigier for men Pictures

Villain for Men by Christian Audigier is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Villain for Men was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Adriana Medina. The fragrance features lavender, musk, sandalwood, virginia cedar, sage, amber, nutmeg, cardamom, bergamot, basil and pepper.

Lavender Musk Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Sage Amber Nutmeg Cardamom Bergamot Basil Pepper

The One for Men
Blue Jeans

Villain for Men Fragrance Reviews

whitemule
whitemule

This is my first frag review ever. I wore this last Saturday morning and my GF asked what it was. I told her, and asked her if she liked it and she gave it the thumbs up. I like it too, but there's some note in it that during the initial stages is so strong I can literally taste it (is that what people mean by "cloying"?) but after a few minutes it settles down and is very pleasant. After it dries a bit to me it seems to develop a tea-like vibe, although there's no tea in it. I wonder what combination is producing that? Longevity is decent on me (about 5 hrs), projection appears to be about a meter or maybe a bit more. Not a candidate as a signature frag for me, but it's definitely wearable and you can't beat the price. Not bad at all, I give it a 3.9 out of 5.

RobbieX

Had this for a while now. It IS more than just a citrus. I can smell well, citrus yes, tonka, amber and mild spices. It's like a watered down version of Blue Jeans. Villain is just OK. I will use it up then....that's it.

DrumMachine1986
DrumMachine1986

Nothing world-shattering, but people seem to like it enough, and I must admit I like it as well.

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Sampled this in a perfume shop today, didn't like it at all.

Deri Guzman
Deri Guzman

This is a great underrated fragrance. Nice blend of citrus with the spices and woods. It's elegant in the drydown.

RobbieX

Well, on me, Villain is just a citrus. A fairly nice citrus though. I get a bergamot opening, almost a orange/lemon scent with slight amber. And - that's all I get...at the moment. Doesn't seem very potent. It's strange, people are saying it smells like The One, now I haven't smelled The One but when I look at the notes - the main note is tobacco. On me, Villain has no tobacco note at all. Villain is citrus with slight amber, that's all I smell. A bit disappointed with this, I have to say.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

Like everyone else here, I believe the name is misleading. It's definitely not a 'villain' of a fragrance however I am impressed at how good thus one actually is. Could definitely wear this for any situation since it's very inoffensive.

8/10 overall
Very good but not a complete standout.

mr_dick
mr_dick

Read many good reviews here for Villain and bought it yesterday without trying (2.5oz $15 at Ross), sprayed on my hand and walked home, first couple hours thought it smells pretty good, but next morning couldn't stand it - smells way too sweet so it gives me a headache.
Returned it. So try it before buying.

jinty05
jinty05

Beautiful bottle, incredible fragrance, fantastic price.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

This scent is one of the favorites in my collection. I don't own The One but I have sampled it several times and have to agree with many of you that it smells quite similar. There are some subtle spice differences but all in all they are very close. I don't see any of you mentioning the sandalwood note which I am picking up and I think that is one of the reasons why I really love this. The combination of the sandalwood sweetened by the amber is exquisite and is complimented by a citrusy opening and accented in the drydown with nuances of spice and a hint of cedar.

Yes, I think this is a classy fragrance and yes, I am surprised to see something of this nature with an Ed Hardy label. Seems a bit of an oxymoron if you will or perhaps you have known a classy villian or two in your day. Who am I to judge! In this case I enjoy smelling like a "Villian". Well played Mr Audigier.

kenney77

Amazing cologneh love the bottle too

Jim_Jones
Jim_Jones

This fragrance is great IMHO. I mean, yes, it's associated with an old tattoo artist (Hardy)...but this is exactly why folks turn their noses up at it - or rather, away from it. I do agree, It is not what I would expect a "Villain" to smell like, but is a nice. sweet fragrance with surprisingly good silage and pretty decent longevity. I am in line with the last few reviews. To me, it is a FUN, post workout frag with a nice amber tone. I am not disappointed by it; it has it's place and time.

Martijnn
Martijnn

This is a great smell. I received it as a tester, but the first time when I putted it on I immediately received a compliment from a girl.
I really like the fragrance because it has a fresh and mysterious smell. Also it has an average lasting and has a nice drydown.
Really a good underrated fragrance for not that much money!

Sweet amber smokey whiskey with sour apple. Thats just sum it up for this fragrance, in my opinion. Not exactly how I imagine "villain" would smell like. It'd be better if it were darker and more smokey but for what it is, it isn't bad.

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

i paid pretty much full retail for this and don't have a single regret...it's not the best but it's a decent smell that seems to last forever on me

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

Can't believe the hogh amount of dislikes for this.

This is a really Great scent that has Striking resemblance to D&G The One!!!!

i would recommend this one.

I however do Not recommend you getting BlueJeans.

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

I want to like this one, but I just don't. My bottle is almost full still. I will say the initial spray is bad but it actually gets a lot better. So...if you try this don't even pay attention for about an hour then see what you think.

SixTSix
SixTSix

This is cheaper fresher blue jeans. Not my style but if the notes are what you like than go right on and enjoy.

Scent - 6/10
Longevity- 7/10
Originality- 3/10

Love the bottle too

kenney77

Amazing fragrance bought it the other day very fresh and sexy love the top notes the best from Ed hardy by far

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

Well, after 3 nights wearing Ed Hardy's Villain I can say this fragrance is GREAT, very underrated I must say. For me it's very fresh, herbal, sweet, casual and masculine. The basil here is just great!!! Yes, it can remind you of Dolce & Gabana The One but a little more flat when it dries down, but still feels great. Haven't try Versace Blue Jeans so I can't compare them.
I'm not a big fan of Ed Hardy's fragrance collection but Villain is truly the best masculine fragrance they have. Got complements, lasted like 6 to 8 hours on me, projects very good, is not expensive and it's a safe buy. Give it a try!!!
2.5 out of 5.

federico.m.morales
federico.m.morales

me encanta esta fragancia ,dura mucho en mi piel y yo la puedo sentir y eso es lo importante para mi !!

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

My goodness, this is good. Flowery and 'gingery', must be the cardamom/nutmeg blend. I'm female and I love wearing this. It's the best Ed Hardy men's fragrance yet. It may possibly be the best Ed Hardy fragrance, period.

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

Can I just say the packaging of both the mens and womens is like a replica of the versace red and blue jeans perfumes. From the colours, to the tins, to the font for petes sake! I haven't smelt the villain perfumes and I'm not judging but they couldve been at least a bit more original with the designs.

Fragrancelover2012
Fragrancelover2012

Flowery with a kick of Spice thrown in.

ralphpr7
ralphpr7

finaly tried this one yesterday for work. lets start saying that villain, at least on my skin, smells almost identical to versace blue jeans, maybe villain is a little bit more flowery than blue jeans, but almost the same. for me it is an ok perfume, but not a masterpiece. now, the sillage of villain is a 9/10 and the lasting power is 10/10 at least on my skin..

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

I love this... :) don't get dolce and gabbana the one at all out of it... but ok ... lol its awesome tho

natefifield
natefifield

Very masculine, warm, enveloping, rich sweetness, gently smouldering.

If I have any complaint, it is that it is a bit too sweet, almost sticky, the aroma seems to congeal into viscous wafts, a little too dense. It needs something to lighten it a bit, perhaps a touch of citrus.

It makes a great first impression, like a strikingly handsome man, who after awhile, displays some annoying habits which get on your nerves.

OnlyTheBraveDonB
OnlyTheBraveDonB

Almost purchased this today because it was 50% off at Dillards. Glad that I asked the associate to spray this on my skin because it does smell exactly like D&G The One. I dont have a use for Villain because I already have D&G The One.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

From looking at the notes, I imagined how this would smell, and sure enough, my olfactory imagination was dead on. This is a nice linear lavender, mildly spicy, ambery fragrance. Totally unoffensive and could be used in any situation. Nothing really interesting here, but sometimes, people don't want to smell particularly interesting...just good, and this does the trick. Perfectly acceptable and for me, the best of Ed Hardy line easily. Sort of a middle ground between Givenchy Play and Caron Pour Un Homme.
UPDATE: After a couple test wearings, I have to report that there is something in the drydown that just gets annoying to me, and I'm not easily annoyed. It's like an amber nutmeg accord with too much twang in it. It looks like there is still no Ed Hardy scent that I can tolerate.

Jave26
Jave26

I agree with $$ saying this smells like the one by D&G for me a little better because I get vanilla in the drydown. I really like it and I purchased a bottle I think the best by E.H.

$$
$$

Smells just like DG the One for men!Exactly the same.Check it out!I'd buy it.

lil_taul
lil_taul

when i first sprayed it on me, i didn't like it... but then like ten minutes later to the end of the fragrance, it was wonderful. im not gonna describe it. just know its well worth getting

PaulydaEagle12
PaulydaEagle12

Smelled this today at Maceys, smells very fresh, with a strange almost vanilla quality to the freshness. If you really dont't smell carefully you wont smell the vanilla vibe. Even though there is no vanilla in here. All and all, a solid scent 7/10

Villain for Men by Christian Audigier 3.58 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Audigier Villain for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Audigier Villain for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Villain for Men by Christian Audigier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Villain for Men by Christian Audigier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.