Designers » C » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Villain for Men Christian Audigier for men

Villain for Men Christian Audigier for men
dislike

Villain for Men Christian Audigier for men Pictures

Villain for Men by Christian Audigier is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Villain for Men was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Adriana Medina. The fragrance features lavender, musk, sandalwood, virginia cedar, sage, amber, nutmeg, cardamom, bergamot, basil and pepper.

Lavender Musk Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Sage Amber Nutmeg Cardamom Bergamot Basil Pepper

The One for Men
Sultan Homme

Villain for Men Fragrance Reviews

mkpunk
mkpunk

I can't and wont compare Ed Hardy's Villain for Men to The One like others have as I haven't tried it at all so it wouldn't be fair. Instead, I must judge it on what it is This however is a strong peppery musky scent. That lasts reasonably long, about 6-7 hours. I must say it can be headache in a can so be foreworn in that aspect. That said, it is a very good value cologne, especially on Amazon pricing. The bottle design maybe off putting to many but I think it is worth it. Well unless you get headaches easily.

lemac
lemac

i don't have and haven't tried the d&g similar frag but i love this and for the price who cares .

Drbasem
Drbasem

Anyone else sees the huge similarity to Boss Bottled in the drydown?

AlexFox
AlexFox

I will make this a duel review between D&G The One and Ed Hardy Villain

These two are very similar to each other but there is a distinction between the two. Take a look at the bottles, this speaks much in terms of the mood that they give off while being similar.

D&G is like the older brother between the two. A warm confidence is there with a sense off assertion. The distinction in this is at the start, it begins with a deeper sweet tone and then begins to tread the familiar ground that Villain shares. Like Berry White is to sound, The One is to mood and allure. You can thank the use of tobacco for this deep scent.

Villain is like the younger brother, the traditions have been passed on and kept but there is an eagerness to take in new experiences. The distinction comes at the start where there is a lighter kick of sweet spice that allows the long run to maintain a more mellowed heat. Like Marvin Gay is to sound, Villain is to mood. You can thank the use of aromatics and wood spicy notes.

My bottom line is that this is a great scent and can be had at a really great price, I paid $17.77 plus tax (Canadian) on sale for a 125ml bottle at Shoppers Drug. I'm no Ed Hardy fan by any means, but this scent gets the job done very well and lasts a good while and gets great compliments. If you love using D&G The One then keep getting that but pick this up as an everyday substitute to save on the real thing, you wont regret it.

First dab sampling: This is really good! I tried The One a long time ago and didn't like it, though that was probably the first half hour or so. Anyway, this is a spicy/woody with some sweetness/softness from the amber. Also, with spices and amber you sometimes get a fruity kind of quality, which is true here. It is quite smooth and yet the woody texture keeps it "structured." One person compared it to Samba Kiss Me Man, but this is far superior, IMO, as that one is not as well balanced and seems to get "sticky" after a while. I've read to get the New Wave versions of Ed Hardy scents, and my bottle was made by this company, just in case anyone wants to know. I'll update when I give this a regular wearing.

UPDATE: I like this even more with a regular wearing. It has a clear gourmand element to the drydown but it's not dominant. The wood and to a larger degree the spice prevent it from smelling too much like food and not enough like something else (that would offer some contrast). It's a little musky, but that element isn't sharp. I'm not sure I detect lavender in the drydown so if you dislike scents with the typical "masculine" lavender note I don't think this will bother you. For the current prices this is a great deal if this is what you are seeking.

doownehpets
doownehpets

I'm not sure why everyone rags on the Ed Hardy fragrances, I like all the ones I've smelled so far. I picked this up really cheap at Ross.

Mostly I get the amber and citrus like everyone else. A very warm type of scent and very sweet. Pepper and cardamom are in the notes but it's not too spicy at all, which if it was would irritate my nose a bit. I definitely get the citrus, but you wouldn't out right say "yep, that's lime!" It's decently blended. Definitely enjoy this smell. It's not gonna blow your mind at all, but really enjoyable.

As for sillage I wore it to work a couple weeks ago and I walked by one of my coworkers a decent distance away and her head popped up and she could smell something...but i don't think she knew it was me cause I was sort of far away. That being said, it's only like that for the first hour or so and mellows out. On my skin I get about 5 to 6 hours and then it's a skin scent, pretty decent for a cheapie.

Another thing to note...the sprayer isn't that great. It almost makes me think with the snake on the front the sprayer spits on you like venom or something...which would work if that's the theme they're going for, the warm ambery smell and feel would be something like venom too.

Altogether really do like it, though. Maybe 7 out of 10...

waygo
waygo

Embarrassed that I bought anything Ed Hardy. So douchy. But I'm glad I read the reviews and was able to pick this up on clearance. As many have said it does smell similar to D&G The One.

The Bottle is so tacky though, just like everything Ed Hardy. But it does surprisingly smell good to me. I'd recommend it for those on a budget. And if you don't like it well it only cost like 10 bucks. So you can keep the tin container and give it away.

madmax
madmax

Got this for $10 75 ml at Ross. I kinda liked it. peppery sweet. Lasts all day. good for casual wear or work. reminded me of toned down DG gentleman the One.

lance059
lance059

Add me to the camp that thinks this has a strong resemblence to D&G The One. Yes the bottle is loud and the brand may catch flack for being juvenile and out of style. But after testing this and The One, I really think the untrained nose (general public), would have a hard time distinguishing. Even without the comparison, I think its a solid scent.

You can find this regularly at Ross for $10 75ml and $15 125ml. Im always looking for clones of more expensive frags and this is one of the better ones. Id recommend it for a Fathers Day gift if youre on a budget. Maybe just have him decant it to another bottle if he cant take the look of this one.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This smells like a toned-down, and improved, version of Versace Blue Jeans.

jeglmg2003
jeglmg2003

Can't beat this $10 gem. Juice is of better quality than the price tag. VanillaAmberSlight Pepper...Last decent amount of time for me for what it cost. Re-apply after 4 hours if need be.

OK 4 hours later plus two and still have nice projection on my skin. AWESOME stuff! Recommended....

I blind bought this very cheaply, purely out of curiosity as I heard it smelled like D&G's The One.
Well, it does and it doesn't? When I first sprayed it didn't think it opened the same but then sure enough a similarly sweet warm vibe starts to develop. For this reason Villain might just be a little more complex as the opening is bergamot freshness and an almost green quality (like galbanum) which The One doesn't have. Villain hints at a warmer amber and vanilla base much like Rochas man but with that citrus and greens to trick you a bit. Which actually has the effect of making it smell a bit cheaper (which it is) and less 'sexy'. (as The One is often labelled)
Again all this was from memory so I tried them against each other when I got home and The One is so much warmer sweeter and more vanilla like right off the bat and in actual fact superior to my nose.
They do dry down pretty similar though and I certainly enjoyed the experience, maybe this is what The One Sport should been like?
Anyway lasting power is a similar story to D&G not great but passable really.
There's been a bit of a backlash against the Ed Hardy brand especially among tattoo enthusiasts who perhaps don't the sell out, commercial aspect to what used to be quite an exclusive group, fast becoming mainstream. Unashamedly, What I really do like about this scent is the packaging. The tattoo design on the bottle is a bit of fun and there's not quite enough of it around for my liking.

paganpurge
paganpurge

I am usually a very girly girl when it comes to the fragrances I like. Not a huge fan of unisex or overtly masculine smelling scents, for my personal scents anyhow. But I will be damned if this isn't a delicious cologne! Makes me think I have been missing a whole plethora of wonderful smells because I have neglected to test men scents based on my closed mind. I am excited to know there are cologne that I actually will wear and enjoy. Most of all I am excited to hunt some more down.

Sorry this isn't really a review but I think some females would enjoy this as well and should give it a sniff.

ses101
ses101

Nice, subtle, pleasant. There are some enjoyable wee notes in there that take turn in coming through. A refreshing alternative to some of my other, more cloying frangrances.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A smooth, creamy-candy like adorable fragrance, which is affordable and has good projection for 4 hours...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 5 mins. This takes a couple of minutes to lift of and settle down so give it 5 mins.

5 mins - 4 hours - 1 foot of good projection. This is a loving fragrance, not sexy, instead something that will pull at heart strings. I have a connection with it which pleases my heart. It's as the notes say, a warm and amber with an almost candy like bergamot. There is a slight lavender but this fragrance is 90% candy-smooth. Moorish

4 hours - 6 hours - 3 inch projection. Linear

6 hours - 7 hours - close to skin

The negative side of this fragrance is that it is quite cheaply done and ever so slighly synthetic. Niche lovers may run a mile. It is very linear and may get booring which is why I have not bought a bottle, but I always sneak a spray or 6 at my local retailer

Very affordable

Ideal for Warm, cosy moments in front of the fire in Autumn when you are in love

Very good

dmirror
dmirror

Hidden gem this is basically like the summer version of D&G the one except this one is more affordable you can find it for a reasonable price if you like D&G the one you'll certainly like this the longevity is good on my skin as well I get around 6hrs. of good projection then beyond the 6hrs. it sits close to the skin but it last about total time around 8 to 9 hours before its completely gone I usually use about 5 or 6 sprays in cooler weather and about 3 or 4 in hotter weather its a year round scent 7/10 check it out its so affordable you can blind buy this one

lynwood234
lynwood234

I tried it. to my nose it is like the first time I sprayed Bvlgari it was amazing and thought I had to have it. Of course Bvlgari changes in the dry down to something to sweet and like BO. This one keeps the inital burst of watery bergamont, amber and softens in the dry down. It reminds me of the opening of bvglari and has no resemblance at all to DG the one which is my favorite cologne. It doesn't even have a tea note.

Bobster
Bobster

I had a bottle of D&G the one and really liked it. I took it back to the store for a refund because I could not get it to last on my skin. When I heard that Ed Hardy's Villain smelled like it I had to get a bottle. Comparing these two I have to say they are similar but IMO The one is a little darker in its presentation and Villain is brighter. I have to give the edge to villain because it only cost 12.99 for a 2.5 oz and the one is around 50.00 for a 1.7 oz. Also, The longevity in Villain is superb I get at least 7 hours out of a day wearing. If it's a name your worried about get the D&G but if your looking for a great fragrance and want to save some money in the process get Villain.

scentedkub
scentedkub

I paid thirteen bucks at Ross for a 2.5oz bottle. It's all right. At first it honestly smells like Halle by Halle Berry to me. Also very reminiscent of Derek Jeter Driven Black by Avon. It does change some as the day goes by, but it stays in the fresh, but sweet area for the most part. May be too much in warm, humid weather for some. I think it may fare better once it cools down a bit. Decent longevity...about six hours, and workplace decent projection I'd say. Oogly bottle. Like circus body wash...

Raidersteveo

Just reinforcing my previous review on this juice I still love it as much as when I first bought it. I have not changed my mind on it in the slightest and if anything I love it even more now. It still holds a solid position on my 'favorites' shelf and when my current 75 ml bottle runs out I plan to buy the biggest bottle available. Yes, it's that good! Just forget about the label, forget about the house and don't let that become a mental block for you to own and enjoy this fabulous perfume.

seekritdude
seekritdude

Tried this out soley because people were comparing it to D&G the one.. On paper.. maybe a passing resemblence. But on skin, thats really really stretching it. I Dont particularly see it. As for the smell it self.. Its just ok to me. There are much better cheapies to buy for the money. So bang for your buck not worth it either imo.

whitemule
whitemule

This is my first frag review ever. I wore this last Saturday morning and my GF asked what it was. I told her, and asked her if she liked it and she gave it the thumbs up. I like it too, but there's some note in it that during the initial stages is so strong I can literally taste it (is that what people mean by "cloying"?) but after a few minutes it settles down and is very pleasant. After it dries a bit to me it seems to develop a tea-like vibe, although there's no tea in it. I wonder what combination is producing that? Longevity is decent on me (about 5 hrs), projection appears to be about a meter or maybe a bit more. Not a candidate as a signature frag for me, but it's definitely wearable and you can't beat the price. Not bad at all, I give it a 3.9 out of 5.

RobbieX

Had this for a while now. It IS more than just a citrus. I can smell well, citrus yes, tonka, amber and mild spices. It's like a watered down version of Blue Jeans. Villain is just OK. I will use it up then....that's it.

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Sampled this in a perfume shop today, didn't like it at all.

RobbieX

Well, on me, Villain is just a citrus. A fairly nice citrus though. I get a bergamot opening, almost a orange/lemon scent with slight amber. And - that's all I get...at the moment. Doesn't seem very potent. It's strange, people are saying it smells like The One, now I haven't smelled The One but when I look at the notes - the main note is tobacco. On me, Villain has no tobacco note at all. Villain is citrus with slight amber, that's all I smell. A bit disappointed with this, I have to say.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

Like everyone else here, I believe the name is misleading. It's definitely not a 'villain' of a fragrance however I am impressed at how good thus one actually is. Could definitely wear this for any situation since it's very inoffensive.

8/10 overall
Very good but not a complete standout.

mr_dick
mr_dick

Read many good reviews here for Villain and bought it yesterday without trying (2.5oz $15 at Ross), sprayed on my hand and walked home, first couple hours thought it smells pretty good, but next morning couldn't stand it - smells way too sweet so it gives me a headache.
Returned it. So try it before buying.

jinty05
jinty05

Beautiful bottle, incredible fragrance, fantastic price.

Raidersteveo

This scent is one of the favorites in my collection. I don't own The One but I have sampled it several times and have to agree with many of you that it smells quite similar. There are some subtle spice differences but all in all they are very close. I don't see any of you mentioning the sandalwood note which I am picking up and I think that is one of the reasons why I really love this. The combination of the sandalwood sweetened by the amber is exquisite and is complimented by a citrusy opening and accented in the drydown with nuances of spice and a hint of cedar.

Yes, I think this is a classy fragrance and yes, I am surprised to see something of this nature with an Ed Hardy label. Seems a bit of an oxymoron if you will or perhaps you have known a classy villian or two in your day. Who am I to judge! In this case I enjoy smelling like a "Villian". Well played Mr Audigier.

kenney77

Amazing cologneh love the bottle too

Jim_Jones
Jim_Jones

This fragrance is great IMHO. I mean, yes, it's associated with an old tattoo artist (Hardy)...but this is exactly why folks turn their noses up at it - or rather, away from it. I do agree, It is not what I would expect a "Villain" to smell like, but is a nice. sweet fragrance with surprisingly good silage and pretty decent longevity. I am in line with the last few reviews. To me, it is a FUN, post workout frag with a nice amber tone. I am not disappointed by it; it has it's place and time.

Martijnn
Martijnn

This is a great smell. I received it as a tester, but the first time when I putted it on I immediately received a compliment from a girl.
I really like the fragrance because it has a fresh and mysterious smell. Also it has an average lasting and has a nice drydown.
Really a good underrated fragrance for not that much money!

Sweet amber smokey whiskey with sour apple. Thats just sum it up for this fragrance, in my opinion. Not exactly how I imagine "villain" would smell like. It'd be better if it were darker and more smokey but for what it is, it isn't bad.

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

i paid pretty much full retail for this and don't have a single regret...it's not the best but it's a decent smell that seems to last forever on me

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

Can't believe the hogh amount of dislikes for this.

This is a really Great scent that has Striking resemblance to D&G The One!!!!

i would recommend this one.

I however do Not recommend you getting BlueJeans.

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

I want to like this one, but I just don't. My bottle is almost full still. I will say the initial spray is bad but it actually gets a lot better. So...if you try this don't even pay attention for about an hour then see what you think.

SixTSix
SixTSix

This is cheaper fresher blue jeans. Not my style but if the notes are what you like than go right on and enjoy.

Scent - 6/10
Longevity- 7/10
Originality- 3/10

Love the bottle too

kenney77

Amazing fragrance bought it the other day very fresh and sexy love the top notes the best from Ed hardy by far

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

Well, after 3 nights wearing Ed Hardy's Villain I can say this fragrance is GREAT, very underrated I must say. For me it's very fresh, herbal, sweet, casual and masculine. The basil here is just great!!! Yes, it can remind you of Dolce & Gabana The One but a little more flat when it dries down, but still feels great. Haven't try Versace Blue Jeans so I can't compare them.
I'm not a big fan of Ed Hardy's fragrance collection but Villain is truly the best masculine fragrance they have. Got complements, lasted like 6 to 8 hours on me, projects very good, is not expensive and it's a safe buy. Give it a try!!!
2.5 out of 5.

federico.m.morales
federico.m.morales

me encanta esta fragancia ,dura mucho en mi piel y yo la puedo sentir y eso es lo importante para mi !!

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

My goodness, this is good. Flowery and 'gingery', must be the cardamom/nutmeg blend. I'm female and I love wearing this. It's the best Ed Hardy men's fragrance yet. It may possibly be the best Ed Hardy fragrance, period.

Fragrancelover2012
Fragrancelover2012

Flowery with a kick of Spice thrown in.

ralphpr7
ralphpr7

finaly tried this one yesterday for work. lets start saying that villain, at least on my skin, smells almost identical to versace blue jeans, maybe villain is a little bit more flowery than blue jeans, but almost the same. for me it is an ok perfume, but not a masterpiece. now, the sillage of villain is a 9/10 and the lasting power is 10/10 at least on my skin..

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

I love this... :) don't get dolce and gabbana the one at all out of it... but ok ... lol its awesome tho

natefifield
natefifield

Very masculine, warm, enveloping, rich sweetness, gently smouldering.

If I have any complaint, it is that it is a bit too sweet, almost sticky, the aroma seems to congeal into viscous wafts, a little too dense. It needs something to lighten it a bit, perhaps a touch of citrus.

It makes a great first impression, like a strikingly handsome man, who after awhile, displays some annoying habits which get on your nerves.

OnlyTheBraveDonB
OnlyTheBraveDonB

Almost purchased this today because it was 50% off at Dillards. Glad that I asked the associate to spray this on my skin because it does smell exactly like D&G The One. I dont have a use for Villain because I already have D&G The One.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

From looking at the notes, I imagined how this would smell, and sure enough, my olfactory imagination was dead on. This is a nice linear lavender, mildly spicy, ambery fragrance. Totally unoffensive and could be used in any situation. Nothing really interesting here, but sometimes, people don't want to smell particularly interesting...just good, and this does the trick. Perfectly acceptable and for me, the best of Ed Hardy line easily. Sort of a middle ground between Givenchy Play and Caron Pour Un Homme.
UPDATE: After a couple test wearings, I have to report that there is something in the drydown that just gets annoying to me, and I'm not easily annoyed. It's like an amber nutmeg accord with too much twang in it. It looks like there is still no Ed Hardy scent that I can tolerate.

Jave26
Jave26

I agree with $$ saying this smells like the one by D&G for me a little better because I get vanilla in the drydown. I really like it and I purchased a bottle I think the best by E.H.

$$
$$

Smells just like DG the One for men!Exactly the same.Check it out!I'd buy it.

lil_taul
lil_taul

when i first sprayed it on me, i didn't like it... but then like ten minutes later to the end of the fragrance, it was wonderful. im not gonna describe it. just know its well worth getting

PaulydaEagle12
PaulydaEagle12

Smelled this today at Maceys, smells very fresh, with a strange almost vanilla quality to the freshness. If you really dont't smell carefully you wont smell the vanilla vibe. Even though there is no vanilla in here. All and all, a solid scent 7/10

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Audigier Villain for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Audigier Villain for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Villain for Men by Christian Audigier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Villain for Men by Christian Audigier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.