Designers » C » Leather « Groups

dislike

leather
smoky
Cuir Cannage Christian Dior for women and men Pictures

Dior launches a new fragrance of the La Collection Privée for 2014 called Cuir Cannage. The fragrance is inspired by the scent of inside of a leather bag and makes an unusual combination of flowers and leather accords.

The entire composition is dominated by leather accord that is refreshed with notes of orange blossom and softened by floral tones of rose, jasmine and iris. There are also accords of ylang-ylang, birch and cade. The composition represents a blend of classic masculine and feminine fragrance characteristics. Francois Demachy is the creator of the composition.

The fragrance is available in bottles of 125, 250 and 450 ml.

Orange Blossom Ylang-Ylang

Leather Jasmine Rose iris

Birch Juniper Leather

Cuir Mauresque
Cuir Fetiche

Cuir Cannage Fragrance Reviews

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Easily a four star frag, I wouldn't doubt if some may believe it's a fiver.

Weird, I can't make out one single note but it just smells so nice, jasminey?........the orange blossom gives it a nice sweet "glow".

It seems many point out the leather as being on the very front, which would make you think cooler weather, though today I wore it on a beautiful sunny, warm day.

Awesome scent for both sexes.

Good longevity, I feel kind of guilty not dressing up for this

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Dior make another masterpiece.Cuir Cannage is a 4 season perfume with leather and flural accords. In addition I can smell woody and a bit smoky scent too. The main ingredients that I recognized are Leather and Iris with a bit Jasmine odor. This perfume has great longevity and projection.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

Calvini

Finally got to compare this with Cuir Mauresque side by side! The first time they were almost indistinguishable (even the Serge rep said "somebody did a good job copying" sarcastically) so I did it a couple more times..
Results:
Cuir Cannage starts out a lot paler with lots of iris, somewhat dry and powdery with other floral support.
Cuir M. on the other hand is dense, sweet, and animalic from the beginning.
The middle part is when they're most alike; CM becomes smoother while CC turns sweeter and more leathery

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

leathery, woody, dirty, warm and well blended scent. The quality is similar to oud ispahan imo but this one is way more masculine. A good scent for winter.

Scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 6/10

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Update..
I gave another try and I still don't get that raw leather like I do from other brands. I was trying to figure out what this juice smell like at first spray...I realize that it smells like bubblegum. After 5min it goes away and I'm to smell the iris. Good quality but not for me.

I tried this juice, I would consider buying a bottle if iris wasn't as prominent then the leathery aroma. Knize, Bel Ami and Sergei Lutens are more of raw rough rugged animalistic quality.
Dior took the safe road and it's designed with a softer leather aroma to be more of unisex fragrance. Nothing wrong with that, I personally enjoy the aroma of leather more then iris. 7/10 Very high quality

Calvini

Started out very nice; you can smell all the flowers, then a light smoke to go with the sensual leather (my favorite part), but after a couple of hours it all becomes a powdery "goo," sticky and sweet; once that wears off, animalic notes lingers... Fascinating!
I can't believe this... I'm hooked! At first I thought it was just simply nice and interesting, but then I couldn't s stop sniffing it

K1
K1

A frequently published type of leather and a ready-to-use classic leather/iris. Cuir Cannage is a duet of leather accords and powdery floral notes.

Cuir Cannage is the summed up face of Chanel Cuir de Russie. A birch/leather composition charged by iris that emerges instant opulent luxurious mood. It's dark, powdery, leathery, astringent and soapy floral. Honestly, I don't find the floral notes very effective in entire composition.

Cuir Cannage is solid, an enormous leathery floral classic with least possible facets. You wanna smell powdery leather and nothing else? Cuir Cannage is yours. Potent tenacity and strong sillage.
★★★★

Cochlea
Cochlea

Cuir Cannage By Christian Dior

A gorgeous Leather scent!

The first spray is a sweet leather scent. The leather is classy, and feels like a sumptuous leather handbag. This smells expensive!
I assume the sweetness comes from the ylang-ylang. As the scent continues to develop, I sense the leather becoming softer as the iris joins in causing the overall scent to be slightly powdery.
The leather note is still strong, and supported by the soft naughty orange blossom. The orange blossom is fresh and also indolic at the same time. The leather and the orange blossom note perform a seductive dance with each other on my skin, they blend with each other so well. The iris is still noticeable on my skin.
After a few hours on my skin, the leather softens to become suede like with the iris-orange blossom accord surrounding it demurely.
Cuir Cannage is a high quality and a well-executed fragrance. This is full-bottle worthy for me.

Longevity was very good and sillage is average.

oilizer
oilizer

Prelim: I get a lot more iris than leather out of this. It's like a modernized, happier version of L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain.

SchopenhauersNose
SchopenhauersNose

I find Cuir Cannage to be a classically unisex leather reminiscent (a popular theme with leathers) of the inside of a women’s handbag. In fact, the word “cannage” refers to a style of weaving, usually with rattan or bamboo that is used in some Dior women’s bags, so the name for this perfume is a subtle, effective example of cross-marketing.

The notes are orange blossom, rose, jasmine, iris, ylang-ylang, birch, and cade. It was created by Francois Demachy and released in 2014.

It opens as if Dior Homme Intense has been mixed with a soft, suede-like leather. While there are jasmine, rose, and ylang-ylang in the note breakdown, the only one I can detect is that soft, somewhat powdery iris. In the dry down, you can detect something like cade and birch, which add to the overall darkness of the whole scent.

Cuir Cannage is always what I had always hoped Knize Ten would be, knowing that the likes of Marlene Deitrich and James Dean wore it as one of their signature scents.
Unfortunately, once I smelled Knize Ten, I found it much too floral and a little overly sweet for my tastes, and instantly guessed it might have experienced a reformulation or two since Jimmy decided to take that joy ride some sixty years ago. Whereas I found Knize ten too floral (at least in its current incarnation), the softly worn leather and iris of Cuir Cannage is something I’m much more drawn to. Of the three Dior Privee fragrances that I’ve smelled so far (along with Leather Oud and Oud Ispahan), all of them have worn wonderfully on my skin.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Goes on sweet but lies there thrashing about. A few hours later it gives you deeper moments so deep that each sniff close up reveals flowers you didn't know existed. When you are not glued to your wrist you are accompanied by leather gloved sentinels in a garden of powder. This is beastly projection but nothing face slapping, just.......seductive and what's that other thing? Confident restraints like a trick turning whore who know her stuff and leaves her taste on your.....wrist. And.....

lovescully
lovescully

Thanks to a wonderful Fragrantican and friend Michael1962, I now have the pleasure of owning a bottle of this and it has quickly become one of my favourite leather fragrances.

Although only created in 2014, this leaves the distinct impression of a pedigree that goes back decades. So much so that I can very easily imagine that this was worn by Marlene Dietrich on stage in 1920's Berlin. I get the distinct impression of well-worn leather, smoke, white florals and just a hint of something like brandy or honey.

Of the floral accords, I mostly get orange blossom up front, with hints of jasmine and iris as it dries down towards the somewhat powdery base. There may be a fleeting sense of rose, but it is not distracting or overpowering as I find rose can sometimes be. Florals aside, it is the ever-present leather accord and the wonderful birch base that dominates this creation and keeps it from being too sweet, floral or powdery.

It goes on very strong and lasts on my skin for well over 8 hours, yet it has perfect silage for this style. Despite my earlier reference to Marlene Dietrich, I don't find it to be either particularly masculine or feminine (a bit like Marlene’s persona!); it just is what it is and could easily be worn by anyone who chooses.

If I had to compare it to another fragrance, in my opinion it is much more akin to Serge Lutens' Cuir Mauresque than it is to the heavier and more animalistic Knize Ten. 5 stars and two thumbs way up.

ANNAFRYS
ANNAFRYS

Definitely on the first plan is leather. with a lot of sugar.

Reminds me cognac or other alcohol.

Its taking me to Ireland to an old castle with fire in the room sitting under the blanket and I drink a whiskey... maybe I am reading a very old book..and a book is old...the paper and room smells like tis fragrance.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - clean smoky iris & smooth suede leather.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, or in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

This is actually super, enjoyable leather. If Knize Ten is a men's room stall disc, this is a Knize-styled leather minus the offensive notes. Happy scent just because. Because leather. It's classic but up-to-date. Excellent projection and longevity, and a compliment getter from those who like classic, grown up, hairy, strong-backboned fragrances. Confidence carries it off equally for a man or a woman.

DerangedGoose
DerangedGoose

Its loaded with those cheap/dated floral musks that give fragrances like Kouros so much body. I am not suggesting it is in any way animalic, but it has a similar structure. You have to enjoy those notes to like this, but the entire thing comes off like cheap restroom deodorizer to me (Kouros is guilty of this as well)

naipe
naipe

I have had recently the opportunity (and of course the luck) of smelling the whole range of the privé collection. Besides my beloved Bois d'Argent, this is clearly outstanding over the rest by far although the smelling falls down a bit in an old-school side. According to my taste and as @houstcs wisely remarks, I find this scent powerfully emotional thus you can remind it in your brain even if you are not smelling it around you at all. This is letal, it has absolutely killed me!

Gris Montaigne and Feve Delicieuse have grabbed my attention as well, but with less intensity and for other reasons that I will explain in their profiles later.

This occasion is just to recommend everybody to try Cuir Cannage at least. It has already all my respect.

houstcs
houstcs

I usually wait a few wearings before commenting on a fragrance. This is so overwhelmingly beautiful. I cannot honestly say I just get leather, but a lot of "oriental" Very deep and emotional wearing. I truly am blown away and can only say 2 other fragrances have really done this for me. It's so hard describe the emotion this evokes. It is a bit animal and that may be hard for some people, which used to include myself. Maybe my brain mixes the leather with animal at times. This is a very intense and deep scent. I used spray, I could see how dabbing this would make it softer and not as intense. If you want to be discrete use less than 1 full spray.

10/10 in all aspects. Projection, smell, emotions, trail, and on and on.

diorshowman
diorshowman

Smelled this today when I went to SAKS Fifth Ave here in NYC. This was first time in a long time that i was blown away upon first sniff. I actually contemplating buying it right on the spot, however I had already made another fragrance purchase earlier when I was in the store.In the initial opening I kept thinking, what does this smell like...it smelled really familiar...and the it hit me! Gurelain's Iris Ganache. Yes, the discontinued phenomenon Iris Ganache is resurrected here in the initial opening of Cuir Cannage, the waxy sweet and jammy iris mixed with leather resembles the same iris with white chocolate in Iris Ganache. But where as Iris Ganache becomes a gourmand in the drydown, Cuir Cannage deviates from that and stays very much animalic, and I'm pretty sure there is some oud in there...Think Iris Ganache mixed with Oud Ispahan and you get Cuir Cannage!

This is my projected rating:

Longevity:B+
Projection:B+
Uniqueness:A
Versatility:B
OVERALL: A

LiliShineOn
LiliShineOn

First scent of this type. Holy Wha! It went on screaming, leather yes, but something else I couldn't identify. Something I don't have a name for but a memory of. Sort of Midnight Mass meets Tack Room meets Campfire?
And it stayed and stayed. By the time I went to bed a couple hours later is was tamer, like a wolf down to an attack dog.
This morning, still there and gently incense-y, Coach pursey and powder.
Geez, this is a scent to live up to! I will be using this, off and on. Couldn't handle it every day, I just don't have the Chutzpah yet!

scarletpimpernel
scarletpimpernel

thanks god we do not need anymore to spend a fortune to buy a vintage CARON'S LE TABAC BLOND. nor go to wien to buy the spectacular yet elusve & ill distributed KNIZE TEN, because we have a wonderful copycat: CUIR CANNAGE. cheaper? yes, cheaper than TABAC BLOND, but almost twice the price of KNIZE TEN, but obviosly easier to find (& you do not have to go to wien or browse eBay for a reasonable seller)...
BUY IT BEFORE SOMEONE SCREAMS "PLAGIARISM!!!" & DIOR discontinues it...
anyway as SPECTACULAR as BOIS D'ARGENT & EAU NOIR, both the top of the collection.

abdooelfake
abdooelfake

i have it and chanel cuir de russe both perfumes are similar but cuir cannage is stronger that cuir de russe it has long lasting power and its a sillage monster, when i go out i wear them both just 3 sprays of cuir de russe and cuir cannage it get so stronger people smell it from long distant and nice leathery smell

PerfumeGodess
PerfumeGodess

Luxurious, tantalizing and smooth like a sumptuous suede. Perfect for whites, grays, soft colors and tan clad attire.

ocean.lake
ocean.lake

Among Dior Private Collection, this is the one that I really eager to sniff. At first, I expected to get a bold leather smell, but I was wrong. It is so smooth and light leather scent. Top note, somehow reminds me of a diluted SL MKK, that light pee note. But soon it develops into a very gentle powdery scent. Guerlain L'Heure Bleue comes to mind, exactly similar.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

Pretty interesting smell. Lots of leather, some powdery iris, birch, some jasmine. If you don't like leather, you are not going to like this. I like it. It's a bold scent with a lot of sillage. It gets soft and comfortable after a while of wearing. Very nice.

Inspired by "Perfume, the A-Z Guide", went shopping. The imagery is far out. Guess that dates me.

I like Cuir Cannage. I am not familiar with any of the previously mentioned fragrances.

After reading Luca Turin and Tanya Sanchez, I decided to broaden my nose, and went looking for woody and/or leather. Or maybe anything else which was different.

So my appreciation of Dior's Cuir Cannage is off-center. First I wanted something new to me. Second I wanted a twist in my morning routine. And last but not least, I wanted a different viewpoint of the youthful dude or dude-ette marketplace. I have a nephew and a niece, and I see them like that. I once told them - for some, education begins after university.

Why am I keen on Cuir Cannage? Simply because it's different from the other feel good's I already have - top notes, heart notes, and base notes. And then there's the journey. Over the last month, I've been sticking my nose into the marketplace, and it's been fun. A little science and a little pragmatism.

Along the way I have been happy to meet and acquire two other feel good's - a different Grey Flannel and a leather Heritage, thanks to the book. One along the way I liked was Sycomore. But you can't have everything.

So for me Cuir Cannage is novel. I don't have the words for it, but the heart notes are the most distinctive phase for me - I get fleeting high notes of burnt rubber, some chemical, and intermittent low note wafts of a just opened jar of hard candy. Is that an accord?

I easily associate Cuir Cannage with either Bartok's The Miraculous Mandarin or Joyce & Maria Bethania's Tarde Em Itapoan.

I live Hawaii. Will wear this anytime.

wonderlife
wonderlife

Eau de Luis Vitton. This was a persistent thought that stayed with me long after leaving the boutique. Dior wasn't kidding about their inspiration, I'll say that much. The leather note is too present or should I say vivid? It's funny because the only place Cuir puts me in is inside a woman's purse. Not the most auspicious place to be for a man.

All I get on my skin is Male'ish leather and Juniper. Very nice but very male'ish.. not i scent for my skin at all..Veeery loooonglasting.

Allt jag får på min hud är manligt läder och Enbär. otroligt fin men väldigt manlig. Inte en doft för mig tyvärr. Otroooligt Håååållbar på huden.

deadidol
deadidol

This is well done, but almost entirely redundant. If you don’t already own other leathers in this style or you’re committed to Dior’s offerings, you can’t really go wrong with it, but it’s contributing nothing new to the fragrance world.

Clean leather is paired with a floral accord that leans heavily on the iris. The iris is true to form and has plenty of rooty character without veering into either the ISM chilly metallic realm or the realm of powder. In other words, this is good, approachable iris note, but it’s pitched too closely to white florals to make the scent stand out as an iris/leather combo of any real interest. The result is more like a safer Knize Ten or Cuir Mauresque, but it’s not as interesting as either one. And while the leather note itself is perfectly pleasant, it’s doesn’t scream “bag” or “jacket” or “car interior”—rather it embraces tanning chemicals and uses them to create a more transitional aesthetic. In other words, it’s neither a dedicated stinky biker jacket or an expensive handbag, but it could probably work as either if the wearer chose to play the part.

As it settles down, it gets a bit more lipsticky and the florals creep out a little more, making the scent perhaps a touch more feminine than leathers like this tend to run. This was a shrewd choice as far as audience goes, but it’s also what contributes to making Cuir Cannage a fairly redundant scent—it won’t commit itself to a defined style.

So, all in all, it’s a beautifully composed leather that could easily serve as the go-to holy grail leather in anyone’s collection. But if you’re a leather fiend at all, you’ve smelled too much like this before and probably too many times. Technically impressive, but that’s about it.

Cuir Cannage is basically a super classic floral leather in the same mold of Chanel's Cuir De Russie and Knize Ten. Now, while I'm a total freak for this style of fragrances and while Cuir Cannage smells definitely competent and refined, I also believe we all smelled this accord way too many times in perfumery. In a few words, Cuir Cannage is good, very good but ultimately a bit redundant and overly polished.

With that said, if you're up for a classic leather with animalic facets, my suggestion would be to go either for Knize Ten or the Chanel which you can get for a fraction of the price of the Dior.

Rating: 7.5/10 because it smells good but be aware it's just an old fragrance with a new label slammed on the bottle.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a tiny decant. On my skin and to my nose I get mostly jasmine + birch tar. Reminds me a bit of Bandit without aldyhede, civet and with birch tar added. I would say it's in the same vein as Cuir Mauresque and Knize Ten too. Projection and longevity are good on my skin.

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

The opening of this one reminds me of the raw, almost gasoline-like, leather you'd find in fragrances like Knize Ten, RP Bandit, or SL Cuir Mauresque. It powders down a bit as it dries with floral undertone, but overall keeps the lingering leather embraced closely. It's a more refined take on leather by Dior than their more anamalic Leather Oud. CC can easily be genderless as long as it is worn in moderation - and is better suited for cooler weather. Elegant for a banquet or gala (3-piece suit, peacoat, patent leather shoes), yet cozy enough for a stroll through the park in the Autumn with your loved one (flannel shirt, leather jacket, scarf).

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

You know, if the Steampunk aesthetic had a smell, I think it might be Cuir Cannage.

Violet, leather, and underneath it all the burned rubber smell you get from some serious birch tar. Read Neil Stephenson's classic Steampunk novel The Diamond Age and tell me if you can't imagine Carl Hollywood wearing this.

Estebanz
Estebanz

Yesterday when I was @ the Dior Boutique at Miami Art district I had the chance to smell and wear on my skin the newest release Cuir Cannage, so here are my thoughts:
The fragrance opens with a beautiful Iris accord accompanied by a nice freshness from Orange Blossom,this two components are the main stars at the opening of the newest Dior Privee, about 5 minutes into the development of the scent I noticed the leather starting to show its face, but to me its not a super bombastic in your face smokey leather, it is more suede like, and there is birch listed as one of the notes in this composition which I was expecting to be a main player in Cuir Cannage to amplify the qualities of the leather and take it to a more daring & dirty territory,but it didn't, so to me there is a small touch of birch,and you can smell it as the fragrance develops, but certainly not as much as I was expecting, in the middle of the fragrance a nice Jasmine aroma join the orange blossom and Iris to create a soapy clean floral smell, these White Floral elements surround the Leather and this is the longest lasting part of Cuir Cannage, it is worth mentioning that the leather turns a little animalic towards the drydown, but far from been offensive.
Longevity was huge at 10 plus hrs, the projection is moderate to heavy,not beastly.
Overall I really like Cuir Cannage, to me the composition is very refine and luxurious, it has a noticeable white floral SOAPY quality, somehow sexy but innocent at the same time, almost lipsticky,waxy like and even dirty semi animalic simultaneously.
Some will associate the clean/soapy quality of this scent with Prada Amber Pour Homme ,and I would have to agree on a way, but this one is on a different level of class and sophistication.

lilyboy
lilyboy

to my nose, there is an intersection somewhere in between where the scents of leather becomes animalic and honey becomes urinic

i tried DIor's Cuir Cannage and there is a facet of animalic leather as well as some nice smooth, full white floral on the other side

when i was smelling my arm sprayed with this, i was trying to remember what the animalic leather side smelled like, and finally concluded it was what people call the urinic facet of lutens miel de bois' honey

i use the terms 'urinic' and 'animalic' not with a bad connotation when it comes to fragrance as in fact miel de bois is one of my favorite lutens

maybe im probably just looking for an excuse not to purchase, thus the similarity marker.. or maybe though the leather and floral facets of Cuir Cannage were well done one their own, they somehow dont meld perfectly together into one perfume for me personally.. so anyway i walked away without purchasing

but this is one of the three that caught my attention enough to sample on paper and skin.. the other two being bois d' argent & grand bal (although ive sampled oud ispahan before so i skipped that one.. and just a side, didnt know that eau noire is discontinued.. coz it wasnt in the line of display)

fuggerone
fuggerone

heavy duration and sillage, Chanel Cuir de Russie meets Knize Ten, one of my favourite leathers.. animalic in the background..not a safe scent... but a gigantic blast of sexiness, mostly for males!

kingdanny4754
kingdanny4754

I got a 5ml decant today of this juice and boy is it good. Smells very soft and elegant. The opening is straight leather, iris, some oranges and cinnamon. This is a beauty. Dior has done it again. I'm convinced Dior is the best fragrance house.

Alex1984
Alex1984

Talk about instant love! Cuir Cannage has skyrocketed to the top of my want list. A glorious and honeyed orange blossom covered in raw leather. Sweetness is just right, not too dry, leather feels raw, untreated and ever so slightly dirty. I get more dirtyness from the indoles. If you like leather give it a try, one of the best leathers in recent years!

Cuir canage

Well I was really anticipating trying this fragrance I'd actually walked past the Dior counter several times since this has been out but didn't try it.
Finally got around to it and hadn't actually read the note breakdown beforehand.
All I knew was...
1) This is a boutique Dior and as such is probably great.
and...
2) That 'Cuir' means leather which makes me automatically very curious .
Anyway
1) I was right there, this is a classy and well put together fragrance to add to the rest of this collection.
2) The leather note is well executed and softer than is anticipated. I was expecting the slap in the face of strength like leather Oud but it didn't come.

The opening is a mixture of leather and powdery iris which I was taken with in the beginning, That leather note seemed sweeter and more appealing. As Cuir canage dries down it becomes increasingly more floral and the waxy white and yellow floral accord comes on strong. I seriously didn't detect any neroli in the opening but around 10 mins later it was growing and growing.
It's clever though because it has the sweetness of jasmine the clean waxy strength of neroli and the signature of ylang ylang.
The leather element is softer now after several hours (about 7) but still distinctively present and reminiscent (is spirit) of something like Midnight In Paris.
Personally, I'm not sure I like leather and white florals in combination but I can't deny it's very well balanced in this composition and I can understand how many would like this fragrant offering.
Truly a blend of the masculine and feminine and remains complex for hours.
Quality is superb, longevity is excellent and has good sillage and projection but I'm not feeling it because of those florals which are a bit sour for me to the point where I wouldn't wear it. I've enjoyed the experience of wearing it this one time though.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

An extremely soft leather scent reminiscent of SMN ESPAGNE or the opening of Cuir M by S. Lutens or even a distinct Knize 10 leather without the petroleum note

The rest of the notes might as well not be there because this is all I smell. After applying a generous amount on my skin 30 minutes ago it has faded considerably.

Not worth considering. An extremely boring leather scent. If I wanted a soft airy leather scent that didn't last long I'd go for Heeley P Fleur.

Kenni
Kenni

I can see the idea with this one. The smell of a leather bag or belt. Somehow, the smell is less authentic than I was hoping for, with a fragrance at this price point. The opening reminds me of Dior Homme with a dark kick and a creamy/floral leather (less rich and animalic than Cuir de Russie). The drydown has a bitterness to the leather (maybe too much iris) that makes the composition loud and a bit harsh. The birch note does not soften the harshness, nor does the flowers soothingly. Sadly, Cuir Cannage is forgettable and totally overshadowed by Leather Oud.

slapdash
slapdash

Despite Dior's usual over the top rhetoric, Cuir Cannage is neither original nor groundbreaking. There are a fair few floral leathers around, so it's best to dispense with the notion that its blend of notes "open up a whole new realm".

All the same, Cuir Cannage is beautifully crafted.

I've read both below the line and elsewhere that the opening could be considered 'assertive', but on me it's not full-bodied at all. A little boisterious, certainly, with clear barnyard elements, though this barnyard feels aired-out with the animals having bolted a while back.

If there is an issue it's that the composition is somewhat imbalanced at first - a whole lot of leather and very little of the floral component. Turns out it's just a case of the notes needing to settle into a natural order - which is all of 15 minutes. Thereafter you get the best of both worlds.

The leather is generous and plush and, much as I'm loathe to reference it, indeed smells somewhat like the inside of a designer handbag. I like the analogy of a wallet with a well-worn character and charm better, though. (Hey, I'm a guy!) In terms of texture I get pebbled instead of smooth, probably my muddled way of saying that Francois Demachy has managed the *ahem* tanning aspect of the fragrance quite masterfully: a fully-formed leather that still manages to subtly retain its rawhide origins. The final stage of the treatment process is a smoky birch overcoat.

The florals are also excellent. Orange blossom is most prominent, followed by iris; jasmine, rose and ylang-ylang are difficult to isolate but it's not a source of criticism or frustration here. On the contrary, it wears wonderfully on skin. The best surprise is that there are ocassional breakouts of freshness from this bouquet, as if a self-regulating mechanism to ensure that any danger of the leather building up too heavily is avoided. Clever and creative in one.

Projection is minimally intrusive, longevity excellent.

One of my favourite releases of 2014 so far.

justin.essential
justin.essential

This is great leather scent. Cuir cannage it very strong scent and soft. I love it. I like base in this scent. Because it had tobacco note in base. The top note it had a little spicy and leather stuff white floral which blend nice and the middle note it had still leather note and evident floral up but it had to hidden smoky scent. The base note tobacco scent evident and still leather scent. It had a little floral and smoky. I think that ok. I love this one.

Sherihan
Sherihan

I've learned and tried that leather based perfumes are great for neutralizing cigarettes(tobacco) smell. The original classical leather dominated colognes were composed actually for this utilization.

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

This is great stuff. The description of it smelling like the inside of a handbag shouldn't dissuade you if you are a male because it is definitely a unisex fragrance. It's a fantastic leather fragrance and will be very popular amongst cuir lovers! I will write more soon.