Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) Christian Dior for women

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) Christian Dior for women
dislike

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) Christian Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) Christian Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) Christian Dior for women Pictures

In 2014, together with a new fragrance Dior Addict Eau de Toilette, the house of Dior re-launches Dior Addict Eau Fraiche edition. Dior Addict Eau Fraiche is a light and sparkling floral fragrance that contains notes of Calabrian bergamot, freesia, lily of the valley and white musk. Available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Calabrian bergamot

Jardin d'Interdit

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) Fragrance Reviews

sarage
sarage

I haven't had anything from the house of Dior since my Dune years, which is a long time ago.
Sales lady in the airport taxfree shop of Hania, Crete, recommended this to me, when I told I was looking for something fresh and feminine (not unisex type). It didn't take her a long time to find this! I loved it immediately.
I wanted something that is easy to wear anytime, not a strong and eccentric fume ( I have Eden already), something good for work, too. Addict Eau Fraiche is perfect. It is fresh, but floral fresh, the bergamot note remains in the background. Freesia and lily-of-the-valley work beautifully together, creating a sparkling, light and elegant scent.

Ode to the bergamot! It's very fruity at first, but it develops beautiful floral notes a bit later. It's very clear, sparkling and summery. Truly fresh scent for a hot summer.

Update: Citrus top is too intense for me though.

Selively
Selively

I had a sample of this I really need this one! So fresh, light and reminds me a joyful summerdays. This smells quite same as Versace Bright Crystal and funny thing is that I have never liked VBC.. Now I am wondering why I like this one so much, but maybe the reason is that this one is more complicated than VBC. However, i really need this!

EllenD1991
EllenD1991

Tried this today in Boots as I'd never smelt it before. It had a very floral top note and I found it almost overpowering. To me this is a nice scent but the dry-down is almost identical to TM - Alien!

Athens
Athens

I really love this scent and I finally added it to my collection! I'm a fan of the summer versions of Addict (especially the Addict Shine one which was my signature perfume until they unfortunately discontinued it) and this one smells so 'yummy' on my own skin. In this version of Addict comparing to previous ones, the citrus is not so dominant and it develops a nice balance between the lilly and freesia. It's so light and fresh, it's ideal for hot summer days when you just need something to feel refreshed and leave a lovely aura everywhere you pass from. As for longevity, I could say that it lasts 3-4 hours at least on my skin which is very fair. All things considered, it's a lovely fragrance with a noble bottle which I adore!

alannah93
alannah93

i'm not a floral perfume person at all but i got a little sample of this the other day and thought well i'll give it a go. for a floral perfume, i actually really adore this fragrance. i personally feel that the musk helps to balance out the floral notes of freesia and lily of the valley. freesia is the main floral note that sticks out and i really do love it. this is a pretty feminine airy day time fragrance. i don't think i would purchase the big bottle of this simply due to the price but for a floral perfume i'm impressed.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

My dear freesia. The real things smells absolutely stunning, but the artificially recreated synthetics more often than not repulse me in perfumes. It's a real challange to find a good interception in the world of fragrances!

While the Dior Addict flankers are generally viewed as simple teenage scents lacking personality, I adore just how realistic they smell on me. I would much rather choose to buy one of the Addict flankers than any other house's selection for spring and summer. First I fell in love with Eau Sensuelle, and when I finished my bottle, I put my eyes in the current editions on sale. This one won me over in a heartbeat.

The structure is very simple: a fresh, clean smelling, basic floral with dominating freesia, and lilly of the valley as support. The musk is the same airy kind we had in Eau Sensuelle, and that gives a familiar similarity to the two of them. I don't usually go for musky perfumes, but this one really compliments the rest of the notes instead of overpowering them. The bergamot is a perfect choice to freshen up the flowers. It's not citrusy with the in-your-face kind of attitude, instead teams up with the musk to spice up the flowers.

Nice. I love it.

caffeine_junkee
caffeine_junkee

The citrus and freesia notes are prominent in this iteration of Addict. On my skin, this is very much like Versace's Yellow Diamond Intense. I totally agree with Michylaka and I can understand why one would end up buying this instead of YD. The difference for me is in the dry down. This one is relatively softer and 'cooler' than YD - perhaps owing to the absence of warm amber in the base(?) This is great for balmy days when I just want a refreshing, 'green' floral scent to perk up my dull senses. There's nothing ground-breaking here, but it's definitely workplace-appropriate, comforting, pleasant, and non-imposing.

ellina1984
ellina1984

I initially sprayed this on thinking it would be a "sweet laundry" scent, based on the notes listed on the bottle. However, it's a sweet but airy floral, which somehow reminds me Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. Forgettable and insipid.

Michylaka
Michylaka

I went to Sephora the other day to get Yellow Diamond Intense but bought this instead. I had tried the previous formulation of Eau Fraiche (2012) and was not that impressed. I really loved the original 2004 Addict Eau Fraiche (Thierry Wasser-Love him) which I used up a few Summers ago but it is so hard to find anymore.

I don't normally wear Freesia very well but this is a Freesia (perhaps natural?) that I most certainly can wear. It is not screeching at me and making me want to sneeze like the usual synthetic Freesia does. The Lily of the Valley is one of my favorites notes and it certainly is beautiful here. The Calabrian Bergamot is relatively strong and balances the floral notes with an airy almost sweet freshness. The White Musk gives it a soft dimension that is soothing in the dry down. I usually shy away from fragrances with Freesia in them but this one is gorgeous and delightfully wearable.

Dior is making so many reformulations that it is almost exhausting to keep up. I know the bottle is different but that is not a problem for me anyway. Don't we take caps off all the time? I have been wearing this 2014 Eau Fraiche the last three days and have been asked several times what I am wearing. Mainly by twenty something ladies. So it has an appeal and that speaks for the fragrance itself. The sillage is strong at first leaving a trail for an hour then it softens for the duration. I put it on in the morning and can smell it on me past dinner. LOVE IT!

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

I don't like these new bottles. Addict with a cap tha can be removed is somehow less attractive, more pedestrian, and this composition is so so, reminds me of air freshener.

I'm not sure if I'm reviewing this perfume right.but from the color of the bottle,I think what I tried today was this one and not the former eau fraiche.
the perfume starts with lots of citrus (obviously).but it's also very mild.not that fruity or mouthwatering as I expected it to be.
later,it becomes very similar to blooming bouquet which was just ok for me and not a wow. they are both floral and fresh without any particular characteristic.
just a little later it becomes soapy which can be because of musk. but if you wait enough it becomes fruity again.
I should confess that the long lasting power is pretty good for a fresh perfume but it's mild.not a crowd abuser. it's always present,but doesn't crave for attention.
I think it's totally a playful fragrance.but unfortunately not as good as I expected it to be. I should still wait til dior launches something like miss dior cherie L'eau (sigh).

Lillitth
Lillitth

It took me an hour to figure out which reformulation I was actually testing. I've not been particularly impressed with any Dior scents since the original 1989 Poison. This one, while pleasant enough isn't anything to get excited about. It opens with a nice brightness, but immediately fades down into an ordinary powdery floral. It would be fine to wear to the office or casually during the summer. But it vanishes very quickly on me - within an hour. I'll use my pretty little pink mini bottle. But I won't buy it after that.

Megamind
Megamind

Very beautiful subtle scent. I adore this perfume, I'm on my second bottle. I wear it for family lunches, dinners, birthdays. Sometimes I do not know what to chose as a spring-summer day fragrance. And when I'm tired from loud flowery perfumes in my collection (like air de first VC&Arpels, splendor E Arden etc) my arm impulsively grabs this light refined and subtle eau de toilette. It goes well with my personality. I'm optimistic person and this scent is so optimistic and happy.
It reminds me Dior fragrance forever and ever. But freesia is more intense in forever and ever. In Dior eau fraiche freesia is somehow dissimulated by musk and bergamot.
The silage is heavy after the first application during an hour then becomes soft and moderate lasting power (about 6h).
Love this perfume! It's my rescue scent permitting to feel myself comfortably and bringing me zen attitude. I'm never disappointed and never get tired with it.

Emilee1978
Emilee1978

Wish I hadn't thrown away my Sephora receipt, pure impulse buy and smells like toilet bowl cleaner/citronella candle on me. Oh well, I'll try it in summer since I'm stuck with it........

Update: I do like this better in warm weather. It starts out almost glaringly citrus, but dries down nicely. I smell some rose? Which I normally hate, but this one is wearable for me. Doubt I'll repurchase though......

kingderella
kingderella

I spent the first part of my childhood in Japan, and this fragrance reminds me of how soaps, shampoos, and shower gels commonly smell like in Japan. I find it clean, fresh, and lovely.

Lush used to have a soap called Noriko, which I thought also smelled like this.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I tried this without expecting much, however it's very pleasant indeed.
The bergamot gives a fresh and sweet note to the scent which dries down very musky.
The composition is very simple but overall when it's hot outside this is what you need since it's fresh and kinda soothing.

smnicholas
smnicholas

As someone who is seriously obsessed with freesias, I was so pleased as it smells like freshly picked freesias and not as synthetic as freesia can sometimes smell in a fragrance.

It is very floral but the bergamot makes this fragrance quite sweet in an almost sharp but juicy kind of way.

I personally am wearing this now, in the dead of winter as it has a little warmth in it, but mostly I feel alive and refreshed.

This currently has become my new everyday work scent because it is pretty and non offensive.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

LOL..and thanks for the laugh ladies! I could not agree more, it became a joke, for Maison Dior. They're pushing consomption, all marketing but nothing about the product , we should call it " maison flanker Dior ". I mean there are so manny flanker of miss Dior, J'adore and poison, a literal saga and may I add a very expensive one. I gave up on Dior when they discontinued my fragrance Tendre Poison !

fiouu
fiouu

Oh look, another year another "new" fraiche version. They've been milking this cow for too long. It's Dior Addict 2/ dior addict eau fraiche (thierry wasser's fraiche was WAY more representative of the addict edp) re-bottled with different packgaging. I Just want demachy to die a slow painful death because of the way he screwed over the dior addict line. I was annoyed about 2012 reformulations but this is plain old abuse.

Antares811
Antares811

Beautiful, light floral, very pleasant and summery, not very longlasting on my skin. Similar to Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle (just like the new Addict EDT is similar to Eau Delice).

CarrieWhite
CarrieWhite

Typical Dior fragrance; you know, I find it hard to distiguish them all :D

Red Rose

Is it just me who thought of that Dior is trying to wash John Galliano's memories off ? I know that he got nothing to do with many fragrances, maybe fashion & makeup only, all I know is that Dior fired him many years back because of some argue & since then they keep cancealing many fragrances like escale a shanghai & right now they keep changing formulas? I hope I'm mistaken but if not then this is silly coming from a big companylike Dior

HUEbris

I assume Dior will discontinue united-bottle perfumes.(old bottles of addict line)
I hope my assumption will be wrong...

tdonny.kri kri
tdonny.kri kri

I'm sure this is the same scent as addict2 and addict eau fraiche (my go-to summer scent) but what about eau sensuelle, the purple one??? Will dior gonna change the packaging as well or discontinue it (and also eau delice) ? I just hope that dior will still keep eau sensuelle in the collection because it's signature of mine.

reborn

I smelled it today.Absolutely the same as the first Addict 2 from 2005.Not only that the names of all Addicts are the same,but they smell the same!Why they make so many same perfumes and think they had done something new???strange.It is nice though ,because it smells like Addict 2 which i like very much

Endymion
Endymion

At Dior they went insane. Period.

emi
emi

REALLY????

HUEbris

It's a pretty scent like shampoo. nothing special. too common. remind me Lanvin me l'eau. boring.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Yesterday I was in Sephora and I saw new Addict Fraiche 2014 and .." new "Addict from the year 2012.
The new scent does not differ for my opinion from previous. It is surely first time in the history that are two the same scents in different bottles , but why ????
I have from 2012. New bottled is too pretty.

littebee
littebee

I had a previous version. It was sharp and gave a cold vibe. This one is an extra upgrade to the old one. More musk makes it warmer and perfectly balanced.

In a few words: luxurious, elegant, rich and just perfect for summer.

Nevermind if it's second, fifth or tenth verion, I love it, because it's the best:)

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is getting ridiculous , they just brought out eau fraiche a year ago. Now they are bringing out another one! I can't take it anymore! Dior can you make one very well thought out and longer lasting fragrance with another name instead of reformulating every fragrance 50 times! It is getting beyond annoying. You can't even like a fragrance in the dior range because before you know it they have discontinued it reformulated it 90 times and then made 50 other fragrances like they have with j'adore . I can't stand it! Sorry for my rant but someone has to stop dior!

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Are they for real, WTF is going on with Dior??

Celphie
Celphie

oh for the love of god. not another reformulation...

Gordaya
Gordaya

Hope previous editions won't discontinue

Red Rose

Dior addict eau de toilett is the yellow juice one & eau fraich is the pink one, hope this clear things out & I know, Dior went totally insane with formula changing & names too, not nice from my beloved company. I just hope they won't do it again in the future & if so I hope they make time between changes so fans won't get confused.

reborn

i totally got confused with all these Addicts.They are too many with the same names.Dior are crazy

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (2014) by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.