Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum (2014) Christian Dior for women

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum (2014) Christian Dior for women
dislike

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum (2014) Christian Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Eau de Parfum (2014) Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum is again reformulated in 2014 (the original is from 2002, and the new version is from 2012). The scent comes in a dark blue bottle of the signature design, this time decorated with silver details.

The fragrance opens with mandarin leaf and orange blossom. The heart includes Sambac jasmine absolute, laid on the base of Bourbon vanilla.

It is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.

Mandarin Leaf Orange Blossom

Silences Purple

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum (2014) Fragrance Reviews

antihero
antihero

Dior Addict is a fantastic fragrance of warm, boozed up vanilla with a balanced, not too sweet, jasmine.
The dry down is pleasantly powdery. The sillage mild. This lasts surprisingly long on me. Elegant in a subtle manner.
Wonderful!

mahlaa
mahlaa

Finally I bought it after several tests,the scent is very nice,soft and warm vanilla with the green background.Longevity is also good, but I have a big problem with the sillage.
The sillage is very poor and it is a skin scent from almost the first.
I have never tested the 2012 edition,but I guess from the reviews that there was a bad reformulation in 2014.
I didnt expect from Dior to produce a perfume with such a weak sillage.
I hope Dior would take an act to make the sillage better for Addict lovers.
Please Stop Reformulations.

Nataja
Nataja

Gorgeous fall & winter scent. I spray this lightly though-a little go's a long way! Luxurious,heavenly and sexy...

Rock´n´roll
Rock´n´roll

This is a beast of a perfume I must say! But in a amazing way... beautiful, sexy, mysterious, dark, sweet, deep... I have tried the old version many times, and I love it, but its nose eating, and I get a headache from it, this new version is easier to wear, and love, it still have the same chemistry to it and is still amazing and unusual... love it!! A real powerhouse perfume, well done Dior!

krissykatpawz81
krissykatpawz81

I didn't realize that there is different versions,I left a review on another one not realizing this is the one I have,lol. I have a full 3.4 oz edp up for SWAP??? I like it but its not my style...starts out as fresh green plants when first sprayed&then it smells like,vanilla rice pudding,then a mysterious vanilla on a dark cold night,sexy yet not me? Great longevity....If anyones interested please message me I may sale also,but before I do id rather SWAP I paid a lot,lol=)

violettendency
violettendency

I haven't tried the older versions, and I don't feel the need to; this was instant love for me. This one is really linear on me, and I can't pick out any of the floral notes. All I get is vanilla and cinnamon-y spice. It makes me smell a bit like a delicious bread pudding, and I'm totally ok with that.

emmy_x
emmy_x

This is divine! I have never tried any of the older versions, and it was just by chance I tried this one. I didn't think it would be my type of scent because it has white flowers in it, and I've heard so many people talk about how intense the older versions are. This one is so creamy and soft and delicious. On my skin the flowers are so well blended, and shyly present together with the vanilla for the first few hours, after maybe 3 hours there is only vanilla left. The most delicious, soft, skin-scent, comforting vanilla. I can't stop sniffing my wrists! The sillage is quite moderate, but that's fine with me. I can smell it all day though, so good longevity. I think this scent is sexy in a modest way, I love wearing it!

byrum.tzn
byrum.tzn

I have both this and the 2002 version with the twist and spray and can honestly say i prefer this one! this one is heavy sillage and good longevity and i garner compliments with it as well, the 2002 version i've had some compliments but mostly negative feedback, it's either too aggressive, choking someone, spicy smelling, headache inducing and they're just some of the comments I've heard from the 2002 version! I actually feel quite self conscious when i wear it and i've never been self conscious. This one smells fresh and green when first sprayed, I get a lot of white flowers then the bourbon vanilla and jasmine comes through warmed by the orange blossom. This one smells deep and sexy and well blended as opposed to the 2002 smelling harsh and spicy, This is ultra glam on blonde girls as well, I work with a stunning blonde girl and it goes really well with her image!

deb.martinez

This is a powerhouse! I'd say it's my longest
Lasting fragrance! Even beating out my signature Angel,but just only. ;)

Soofiya
Soofiya

I've tried addict 2012 two years ago and I can't compare that one with 2014 which I own now.I just can say I prefer 2014.I also never tried 2002 version,so all I'm gonna write is about the new one
Let's start with saying that I love it,it's not my favorite perfume and I don't think that I'll repurchase it but I enjoy wearing and smelling it.it's a spicy/cinnamony vanilla with a touch of citrus and white florals but I can smell more,I can smell almost dominant tonka and also it has a very unique freshness,I can get a note here that I don't really know it,it was recognizable in 2012 version too and back then,I thought it may be night blooming cereus,but it's not listed here so I really don't know whats this lovely,silky floral freshness that I'm smelling,whatever it is,I adore it
Dior addict has it's own personality and is a standout from the crowd fragrance IMO,it's easy to detect even by smelling a whiff of it among hundreds of other scents and this is a plus.it's really strong and well projecting but it has a fresh,airy quality that never lets it overpower and become overwhelming unless you overspray,I also love it's naughty,spicy undertone and find it sexy
If you're looking for a warm,spicy vanilla scent,mature and not sugary sweet,with great sillage and lasting power,and with a nice freshness this is for you
Now that I think about it,I feel like I'm going to need another bottle :)
❤❤❤❤

AveParfum
AveParfum

These days, fragrance imposters smell awfully good. I know someone who wears a dupe of CK1 that he buys at Walgreens, and it smells close enough that you would never know the difference. This smells like a really nice dupe of Addict, but, sorry, this is not Addict. I had a bottle from way back when it first came out, and I desperately regret that I sold it because I didn't realize I would never smell it again. In those days I was not savvy to perfume reformulations. Thank goodness I kept my original bottle of Hypnotic Poison.

This perfume smells really nice though. It smells like hot cinnamon, orange blossoms, and an ambery, vanillic base. Sillage is great. It projected from wrist to nose for many hours. It is a unique, spicy, oriental perfume that is quite sexy and great for nights out. But it's not Addict.

Addict smelled so rich and complex next to this. It smelled like a delicately spicy orchid; thick, creamy, smoky vanilla; sweet orange; mysterious flowers. Sillage and longevity were out of this world. It was a masterpiece.

I like this enough to consider buying it, but at the same time, it might just make me nostalgic for the depth and richness of Addict, and I'd feel like I was paying a lot of money for an impostor. Addict was truly an oriental vanilla. In comparison, this is just an oriental. It has very little vanilla, and there is no subtlety in the spice, it's almost peppery. It's like a ghost of Addict mixed with a wannabe...but I really like it. If I think of it as a perfume with another name, I can totally respect it for being it's own thing.

villey91

I have 2 100ml bottles and one 50ml of the original Dior Addict and one 100ml bottle of the 2012 version. But I smelled this 2014 version today in store and I love it, I love it so much more than the 2012 version. I hope someone is going to buy it from me or one of the older bottles so I can get one 2014 bottle! The scent differs a little! But enough. Jasmine is the note that hasn't been there before.

Nomen
Nomen

For Spooky: if you are referring to the white, square bottle of Addict body lotion, you may think I am exaggerating, but it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with the EDP. It is scented alright, but it could have been just any fresh floral fragrance.
I still don't understand how could it be so, but I know I made an expensive mistake thinking I couldn't go wrong with an Addict scented product, but I did. And no, it doesn't even remotely smell like Addict whatsoever.
I hope I just saved you some money. Sorry everybody for this non-review discussion, but any Addict lover could find such piece of information useful.

Spooky2

I am wondering if the body milk is the same as the fragrance? I want to buy it but I am afraid it smells different. I would love to hear it, thank you :)

Spooky2

This is the best perfume ever for me! I need it around me. I even spray it on my pillow before going to sleep, gives me such a comforting feeling. Love, love, love it!!!
The vanilla is great, also the other notes, so beautiful.
It stays with me all day, can even smell it the next day. Perfect!
I have had the 2002 edition, sometimes it gave me a headache, this one is very much the same but maybe a little bit lighter as said in other reviews. I can handle this one better so for me the reformulation is well done. I hope Dior will never discontinue this beauty!!

Adri69

This one is much better than the 2012 version which was some kind of stinky and cheap. DA 2012 is more similar to the original version from 2002, but without it's deepth and freshness. The drydown of DA 2014 on me has some sourness instead of the powdery freshness of the original. I am desperate trying ti find my new sinature, because I just can not find anything that can provide the same feeling.

sria
sria

I am going to be the exception and just confess that I prefer 2014 to the 2002. I have the 2002 bottle and a 2014 sample. 2002 although very rich and I raved about that too before, but I found it very difficult to wear. Others at the other end of the room would pass out with just one spray. Rich and beautiful but not as practical as I would like it to be.

Now my experience with 2014. Firstly, I barely get much of a difference from the 2002. It still smells very much Addict to me, blame my uncultured nose. But what I am grateful to 2014 Addict for is its perfect balance and practicality. It lasts long, has the perfect sillage about 1-2 feet. very gently inviting rather than potent and repulsive, say it is more of a whisper than a high-pitched screech for attention. I have not met a single person who did not like or love this. For me it is just the Addict that can never be repulsive. I feel comfortable wearing it anywhere anytime any season exuding ample personality, boldness and womanly appeal. That is what the perfect fragrance needs to be able to do for me.

As for the scent, to me it is predominantly jasmine (may be with other greenness) with vanilla. I would not lie, it is an irresistibly deep and carnal one. there is no hiding that it is incredibly suggestive but never crosses the line to vulgarity. my experience with jasmine is little but wow this is dangerous stuff. Both Addicts are highly sexy but the floral tone has a quivering texture here. A painfully passionate and lingering dance between the florals and vanilla - in my humble opinion this is the ultimate floriental. it is not foody but still seems to make my mouth water. It is the one along with Coco EDT that makes me feel extremely powerful as a woman, maybe these two are perfect power women scents. I have not been able to stop myself from smelling my wrist or the sample vial every few minutes. This is called Addict for a reason. Be careful of what you expose yourself to.

Allure EDP which I love to bits and considered my signature for some time will now have to share its crown with this beauty. Addict seems to be more modern and exciting than Allure, but Allure has some more spine and refined elegance than does Addict. Can I have two signatures please?

xJessax
xJessax

Guys, I've finally found it! After endless searching and browsing, I've finally found my signature scent!
I wish I could find enough adjectives to do this sensual fragrance justice. Firstly, I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with how the original 2002 version smells, so I cannot compare the two side by side.
Eventually, I'm going to track down the original formulation, but for now, this one is perfect in it's own way.

I'll admit, reformulations tend to get a bad rap, and for the most part, that's completely understandable.
A fragrance is meant to be a unique form of self expression, and I agree that when companies decide to take out notes, put in notes, replace notes, it all gets way too confusing to keep up with!
When I first smelled Addict, I knew this one was going to be very unique to anything I've ever smelled before. The bourbon vanilla note is strong and unapologetic! Bourbon vanilla, Orange blossom & Jasmine are the only listed notes, but it's so much more complex on the inside, I feel like there's more to it than that...

To me, Addict exudes such confidence and power, it's undeniably one of the sexiest fragrances I've EVER smelled. It makes me feel in charge, important, and ready to take the world to achieve my dreams. What more can you ask for in a fragrance?

Scent: 10/10!
Longevity: 8+ hours and still detectable on my skin!
Sillage: Strong, this is a force to be reckoned with!
Packaging: The latest edition is as gorgeous as the rest, the bottle is actually pretty heavy and substantial. (Unlike the previous formulations, the lid just pops off instead of a twist & spray nozzle.)

Dior Addict literally inspires me to be become a courageous and more independent person, seriously give it a fair try before dismissing it. It could be your next addiction! Hands down the best thing I've EVER smelled.

techno1980
techno1980

This fragrance is not a joke, its a serious thing. Let me first tell you how i discovered this beauty.

I was on the plane and some nice girl (maybe 30 yrs old) was sitting in front of me. A beautiful smell was spreading through the air and i was surprised how good it is (i usually dont like much female scents) and i realized its coming from her. I asked her which fragrance it is, she said dior addict.

So since then i had an idea in my mind to buy it for my wife, even she have not smelled it. I ordered it and it arrived yesterday. Honestly she didnt liked it at first. But tonight she took a shower and put it on after. She put just one spray. It smelled great to me and she said she liking it. Trust me, our bedroom was filled with it for hours. It has very strong projection i could not believe. Performs great and smells great - what else could you wish from a fragrance. Yes, i wish some of my frags performs like mighty Dior Addict.

maraki1
maraki1

It's so lovely! I thought that it was nothing compared to older versions but it is great!! It's spicy, magical..

Butterball
Butterball

I bought this at Sephora almost a month ago. If you want to try this beauty but haven't tried the scent, or haven't quite saved up enough pennies for it, Sephora has a 20 ML bottle for $54. That's Canadian dollars, so it might be cheaper in other countries.

I'm assuming I bought the 2014 reformulation, as there's a gold band around the cap. I love this scent, and it lasts forever! I'll expand on this review once fall/winter comes around, it's almost summer here.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I have two bottles of the 2002 Addict but I also own this version.I prefer the 2002 Addict but this one is also good the vanilla is gorgeous and it lasts many hours, I'm just surprised Dior did not come up with a new updated version

BihterAnneBoleyn
BihterAnneBoleyn

I absolutely LOVE it!!! it smells very delicious the vanilla note kills me every time.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I have tried one of the other formulations, probably the 2012 one, and when I tried it then I loved it, but it was way too heavy for me. Today I tried this reformulation, and I adore it! It's still potent, but a lot more wearable I think. It's truly intoxicating. It's warm, cosy and you can definitely smell the bourbon vanilla and the white floral notes. It's gorgeous! I need it in my life.

AnnaT
AnnaT

i had the orginial version back over 10 years ago and enjoyed it very much. It was very unique, bold, sexy, heavy and mature. I needed to be brave to wear it because it would surely get you attention. it was one of my favourite perfum.

I have acquired a bottle of Addict very recently, not knowing it is a reformulated. I can feel it is different upon the first spray. It certainly smells close enough to the original but it is much drier, rougher and less fruity. the development is less complex. The longevity and sillage is much reduced. I thought my bottle went bad!

I definitely enjoy the original version much more. The orignial is creamier, more,intoxicating, intriguing and mysterious. but if i have to choose between Addict being discontinued all together or reformulated (keeping the core spirit however) i will certainly choose reformulation.

The reformulated one is still a great creation. However, i miss the original very much and would want to once again smell it.

dani78
dani78

I'm not sure if I've tried the original formula in the store but I've got obsessed with it and ended up with buying a bottle of the new 2014 version.
It's not as bold, intense and heavy as I read about it and expected, and I need a generous amount to feel comfortable with. On the other hand it has a good staying power and I can smell it on me even on the next day.
The thing that drives me crazy in the scent is the cinnamon! Not the edible one but spicy, sexy and somehow dirty type of cinnamon mixed with oily, almost petrolish scent - like the smell of a skin after a rough, dirty and sweaty sex. I know it sounds weird but that's my feeling.
When it settles down after a few hours, the scent gets more "mature" and more spicier and at this stage reminds me a little bit of Kingdom by Alexander Mcqueen.
Of course, everything is covered with vanilla but it doesn't ruin the scent as it's not playful and childish type of vanilla. Instead it gives the fragrance some depth and warmness.

EDIT: I've finished 30 ml bottle in less than a month - the most accurate perfume name ever, it's really addictive. And one of the most complemented fragrance I've ever worn :)

crystalplanet0013
crystalplanet0013

Anyone wanting to swap, I have the 50ml bottle with no use! I'm from Argentina :)

lala-jaenner
lala-jaenner

I had to change my mind on this last reformulation of Dior Addict.
It's good, still emits the original "Addict-vibe" but -big advantage- is much more everyday wearable. Not too much, very good enough instead.
For me it passed the test.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

This is VERY strong. It reminds me of the garden section of Home Depot and of the smell at Michael's craft stores. There's the strong scent of some sort of lily and jasmine mixed with CINNAMON. I distinctly smell cinnamon! The entire composition is sweetened with vanilla, but I don't think it's a predominantly vanilla scent. My boyfriend dislikes it, but I think it is a good quality scent with great longevity. It's not exactly my style as I usually wear lighter scents, but I think it's a fabulous winter option and one day I think I'll grow into it... It's such a sexy scent... I don't know if I feel "woman" enough to wear it at this point in time. Don't mistake that comment to mean that it is a "mature" scent as in "granny" scent. Also, the drydown (6 hours later) is the softest and prettiest vanilla I have ever encountered.

Venusia
Venusia

I don't get how this perfume can smell like this only with the listed notes. I have the 2014 version. I certainly get tonka beans, mandarin and less orange aroma and somewhat sharp waxy incense (maybe Cereus) together with strong vanilla in the opening. I'd say a little artificial smell. Later it gets more real with white flowers and a light hint of citrus on a continuous vanilla-base and the dry-down goes for hours with smooth pleasant sweet vanilla and sandalwood?!
It lasts over 8 hours on my skin, but I can't say I'm crazy about the opening. A little too much vanilla for me. But it is perfectly wearable and pleasing to gourmand lovers.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

What a piece of art is this? I was shocked! I went to Sephora, Dior's stand and I found it alone and in the lower part. I said, hmmm I've heard about reformulations but why not giving it a try? I said to my best friend who was with me, please hold the paper carefully because I want to test it.

I am 100% sure that this was the bottle I tested as the cap had been removed when the other editions are one way. The first snif was interested. Then I smelled it almost one hour after and I found it a bit sharp. Then, at home the addiction started. What a strong and nice perfume?

What's really strange is that I can smell the rich night blooming Cereus! We had one in our cottage and at summery nights the smell was so seductive. They say the tone is missing in this edition but this is all I can smell. So aromatic, balsamic, like a key to a secret garden in heaven. It must be perfect for mature crowds and so easy to detect. All in all, I hate reformulations, don't know why they exist, even in other perfumes and not only Dior's. I am so curious to see how Dior Addict 2 will be (the real thing). It must be at least perfect and for younger crowds.

The most crazy thing? I said to my mother to smell it (so hard to be impressed) and she said: "Is this Dior?". I died. She only had J'adore but she explained that every fashion house use a different and a noticeable base on their perfumes.

Cookietookie215
Cookietookie215

I wish I could say the same thing as the reviewers below who are raving about this version of Addict. It was a blind buy, I was expecting a vanillic decadent bomb like Hypnotic Poison, but it in reality this one fell short. I feel like spice is what makes up for 90% of the fragrance and the rest of the 10% is vanilla. On my skin it only last for about 3-4 hours and the silage is alright. I remember the original formula smelling smooth, vanillic, rich, creamy; and always developing. This new version is kinda flat and linear, with hardly any depth to it. After days of trying to get it to grow on me (but no luck) I decided to layer it with my warm vanilla sugar lotion from BBW and Bingo! All it needed was to be layered with more vanilla to make it more full bodied and richer. And I can work with that. This perfume is not a safe blind buy, I suggest to test it out before buying.

missFeline
missFeline

I find it to be lacking something. I expected more personallity from it.
It is certainly a very pleasant smell, vanilla isn't too loud and of course it doesn't smell cheap but I guess for me it's too flat...I wouldn't buy it myself but I would accept it to have in my collection.

GypsySoul
GypsySoul

I've owned all 3 versions, and I have to say this is still a beautiful fragrance, and is still similar to the original. It has the beautiful spiciness. It even has the bourbon vanilla. It just feels like a watered down version. It lacks the je ne sais quoi that only the original has.

Rubyinc
Rubyinc

This is such an amazing fragrance!!!it makes me feel so sexy and its one of those fragrances that I inhale and feel shivers run through my spine..

RapidScent
RapidScent

Wow, this smells like powdered white flowers surrounded by citrus. Surprisingly, it smells close to Trouble by Boucheron. Definitely a good substitute! The dry down is also very similar.

ecemy
ecemy

It is more floral and fresh than the first version of Christian Dior Addict. But base notes are very similar because of vanilla, I think.

deb.martinez

Blind buy..but what a winner!!!im bowled over by this beauty! Shell, below me couldnt have said it any better..its an awesome bourbon vanilla..I get jasmin too,,and spicy...but good spicy! Its good and strong too...oh, I am very very happy! Sighhhhh....<3 I will add this is very aromatic also which im enjoying immensely!!!
this just gets better every time i try it! its almost rivaling angel for me,,,i said ALMOST...LOL. ;)

shell_bell
shell_bell

Mmm-MM! Hands down THE most delicious bourbon vanilla I've ever smelled! This beauty SCREAMS Christmas and snow and happy times celebrating the holiday season.

I fell head over heels with the first spritz and so did everyone around me. My mom had lunch with me that day and said, "Wow what are you wearing?" Someone in a store where we went shopping told me I smelled "delicious". I just beamed all day catching whiffs of this gorgeous concoction.

Orange blossom and beautiful jasmine come through at the drydown but that FANTASTIC bourbon vanilla stays with you like a warm, fuzzy sweater til the end. I also feel quite sexy wearing this.
White florals? WHAT white florals? I get vanilla from the very start all the way til bedtime.
I actually look forward to wearing this one and have been choosing it quite often over the other 150 or so lovelies in my wardrobe.

I got a great deal for a large bottle on eBay and would suggest that every woman who needs a good, strong winter fragrance that keeps you feeling calm and silky for hours on end PLEASE give this one a try. I give it a 10 out of 10. Perfect in every way & I wouldn't change a thing. ;)

Pashaa
Pashaa

I do not understand why Perfume companies always feel like they need to reformulate a fragrance. ADDICT was my beloved perfume for years and the original formulation was a Bomb. I do accept the new one too but the original was way better!! They should quit to play with the original formulations!!

bojana2
bojana2

I had a version of the 2002 ...
That Addict I used only for evening, because it was unreal strong and special ... I remember the note of "rubber" used to choke me , in fact the smell of wheel spin ... but it was not dominant, but I felt it somewhere in the depths of the smell ...

When I came back from a night out, and after a shower it would wake up with me, so flippantly and persistently ...
I classified it then in the "festive" odors, for special occasions ... when I wanted to shine and give the impression of "strong" women ... After a while, I do not know why, our love silenced and I gave it thinking that I do not lose a lot (then ...)

Today arrived this edition from 2014 y. But only sparked memories and a desire for "old scent" ...

It has what some of the debut, and it"s nice to me, and we will hang out ... but its missing personality, it"s strictness, fullness, seriousness it had wore his parent ...

The new one doesn"t have "that something" which I find suffocating in the first ... I do miss the scent off "wheel spin" which is in fact just what was right, what was something special in the old one ...

Oh, how I made a teribble mistake that I separated with it... I am sorry from the bottom of my heart ...

ah, crazy woman's head ...

soulflwr
soulflwr

I fell in love with one of the reformulation a while ago but now that I know that there are now two...I have noe idea which one!

the big boss
the big boss

good smell perfect scent expensive priced
long lasting scent

maryjett
maryjett

I compare side by side the 2012 with the 2014 and the 2014 is fresher, more floral, more spicy and less vanilla. I think it is good for all year but apply with a light hand in very humid hot weather. Beautiful, modern and sexy strong sillage!

Nebelung
Nebelung

I just purchased the 2014 version of Addict. Yes it is more toned down,yes it is more floral and probably citric, yes it is not as sharp but it is still Addict.You can find in there the original version of it,just not as heavy.Thankfully -and unlike other reformulations- it is still a strong,long lasting masterpiece,not watered down,it is just more "modest",a step closer to every other perfume out there that you can wear even on day time,even in summer,something that many,unlike me,wouldn't do with the original. But yes,still Addict,still sexy,still smoking hot (in a less offensive way for some) and still elegant!

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

i'm a dior addict addict. i've been using it since it came out, so i'm about as familiar with the scent as one can be.
this is fine. dior did a fine job keeping the scent true in light of harsh restrictions imposed upon them by the IFRA. i will probably buy this when i run out of my bottle of the old formula. i would PREFER the old formula, because it's rich, deep, and leathery/suede/smokey, a little moreso than this version, but this 2014 addict would certainly do if i couldn't find the 2002 or 2012.
it smells like dior addict to me. maybe a bit less potent, and it doesn't have as much depth, but if it's good enough for a die hard user of this perfume for the last decade....it must be ok? i'm not saying i wouldn't be able to tell the difference side by side between the different formulas. i could. but people try to make it sound like it smells like something totally different when it doesn't.
i dunno. i'm glad i freaked when i heard about this and ran out and bought a 100ml bottle of the old formula, but i'm not really pissed at dior for changing it. i feel like they did what they could in light of the circumstances perfumery is in today.
ETA: i can still smell this on the card like, what, 3 weeks later? smells pretty f---king good to me.

DiaAnna
DiaAnna

After searching forever for the original version I decided to give up and buy CDA2014 version instead and I had the other two versions before but they're long time gone , still I gotta say that the 2014 version is the closest to the original 2002 version but it lacks intensity&co as the 2012 version was more intense but not so similar to the original 2002 . On the other hand buying the old 2002 version could lead to failure as it might be too old or fake so it would lack anyway the fragrance that CDA was once . It's special regardless so if you love and miss the 2002 get yourself the 2014 and you'll have a hard shoulder :)) , better than nothing , as for me I'll cherish this bottle and stay glad CDA is not lost completely , I'll also track for cheaper bottles of 2014 version as this one might be again reformulated or who knows , then absolutely gone . So yeah , it is what it is ..

Majda16
Majda16

I really don't like it, the smell is very strong on me and it makes me sick and gives a headache. I prefer edt version, altough that one has a similar unpleasent note at the opening, but then settles quite nicely (remindes a bit of j'adore).
I think it just does not work well with my body chemistry.

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

I got a sample of this one recently from Macy's. The liquid of this one is really clear like water with a slight dirty tinge to it, and I'm wondering if in a couple years it will become dark like the 2002 and 2012 Addicts.. but anyway, I feel like this one is seriously lacking the depth and lasting power that 2002 and 2012 had... Don't get me wrong, it does smell wonderful but I am smelling a difference (compared to 2002 & 2012) that I can't quite pinpoint... Maybe it's the vanilla, it's not as vanillic as it used to be. This one still has that wonderful spiciness that I love, but more on the fresher greener side and toned down. When I run out of my 2002 and 2012 ones I will get this one off Fragrancenet because they are way cheaper than the dept stores. If you don't try to compare this one to the other two I think you will like this very much. But like everyone else is saying, it's way too expensive for how watered down it is! If you ever have the chance to get the original, jump on it!
P.S. This is all my personal opinion (obviously,) don't no one get their panties in a bundle.

hot_tamalie
hot_tamalie

So my friend (Pretty Swag) put me on this one and honey I just have to say, "THANK YOU!" I tested this beauty here and I knew from the first whiff that I had to have her. Addict stands by it's name, This is one intoxicating fragrance. Lord, I just couldn't stop sniffing my wrist the day I tested it. My only issue with this one is the price tag. Thank goodness for good friends who work at the dept store because I was able to get this on a double discount! If you are a vanilla lover give it a try. This will be my late night/date night/woo him fragrance lol!

clebermaximo
clebermaximo

What really bothers me is the fact that I feel lost with reformulations. I got one D.A. in the 2012 reformulation bottle, but the batch code indicates it was made in 2011 and de liquid is quite red (the 2012 is lighter, ambre colour) - which indicates the bottle is new but the perfume is the 2002 formula. So I have not tried the 2012 reformulation to feel the diferences. I am going to shop it (if I find any) and the latest 2014. I wish Dior did not make such things because it gets a mess when we are going to shop again.

celticelle
celticelle

I have found this very different from the original. The 2014 version is far weaker in both projection and longevity. I had to keep reapplying during the evening to keep it going, and I would never have to do this with the original.

I also get a lot more jasmine and orange blossom in this version. It's very green and floral when first sprayed. Then more of the vanilla kicks in, but it's no where near the vanilla bad ass of the original version. A very cheapened version of the original. It's pretty and I enjoy wearing this, but I find it so weak that it takes away from some of the pleasure of it. I bought this one by mistake because they had a stock box picture of the 2012 version, and instead I got this 2014 release. I have sampled the 2012 version, and to me it seemed like it had more vanilla in it, although it was inferior to the original as well.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

This isnt much different to the 2012 version. The trick is NOT to test them next to each other. If you put the original one on then try this... you will be disappointed. So just enjoy it for what it is - its very good!

I find that when I jut put this on and forget about the original I really do enjoy it :)

I have a gift set of the original I am keeping for special occasions, this reformulation is a perfectly acceptable substitute for general use- at least they havent got rid completely, lets be grateful for that!

KJS88
KJS88

I'm very interested to see how this rates compared to the original release. I see its ticked off as being more like the initial edition than the 2012 edition, which I consider a shameful disaster.

The original was a silky, sultry, heady, killer bourbon vanilla laced with mandarin, orange leaf, musk, jasmine, and sensual spice. It was the closest thing in man-made creation to the scent of an old fashioned gardenia bloom on a sultry, humid Summer night. Quite unlike anything else, and very sexy.

The 2012 was more like the basenotes of the original amplified, a heady vanilla musk with a hint of clean feminine odour. It was nice enough, but not stop-you-in-your-tracks nice like the original.

Fingers double crossed! I miss the smell of the original on my wifey terribly!

daisyvision
daisyvision

Rich & creamy vanilla with a spicy citrus punch. Delectable, sensuous, warm.. with a bit of a dark, seductive quality. Though it only has a few notes, it seems like a much more complex scent. Incredible longevity, as well.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

This has a wonderful bracing green opening before the sweet vanilla note takes over and lingers for eternity, unlike the 2012 version which to my nose is all about vanilla from the begining to the end. Having said that, it doesn't mean I despise the 2012 Addict as I love its supreme vanilla scent, but my preferance would go for the 2014's.

Knowing that Dior has the habit of changing the formulation of its fragrances, which could either be bad or good, to me, this 2014 version of Addict EDP is undeniably an improvement, which makes this a highly preferable Addict than the 2012 formulation.

And I don't think this latest Addict would stay in market for long as it would be reformulated again, therefore, if you love this, get an extra bottle or two for back-up, (unless if you are willing to shell out for a higher price for this in years to come) as we never know how good or bad the future reformulation is going to be, also the possibility that there could be no more Addict EDP at all.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I got a 3.4 tester off ebay for $60, which I consider a deal on Dior... so I now own this Dior Addict. I'm a gourmand nut, but I've only smelled this.... NOT the 2012 or the original formula.
I get a linear but interesting scent. It's VANILLA but spicy, powdery, and smoky. It's not an "old lady perfume" but it's for mature women. If worn to the office, it may be old lady-ish, but worn with a sexy dress or clubbing on a younger woman, it's sexy.
I get a small similarity to Hyp Poison, which is more interesting IMO. Although there are few notes in this 2014 scent, and it's pretty linear, it's still interesting. From the reviews of the original, it's still a good scent-- doesn't really lack anything. I find that scents with 7+ notes, get messy and often have "useless" filler. I'm glad this Addict isn't floral except for the powdery aspect.
One squirt was HEAVY for about 3 hours and then I had a nice shirt scent, and in the morning I could still detect it on my shirt closely.
It's not a new fave, but I'm glad to finally have this. I'm a gourmand nut, but I also live in the middle of nowhere and blind buy all my scents based on my fave notes and reviews. So blind buying Dior is not usually in my budget.
I'm a 34 year old punk/goth/freak but I adore smelling like cupcakes and candy, and don't wear perfume for anyone but myself. I love Britney and Paris, Katy Perry and the "teen" sweet scents, I love Aquolina... but I have my fave mature gourmands like La Vie Est Belle, Jimmy Choo, and Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme.

Edit-- don't listen to me. I wear this to the office and to bed. :) It's soooo comforting and potent and awesome. I normally wouldn't waste such an expensive perfume, but 2 squirts and I'm good for 12 hours. I don't wear Hyp Poison this frivolously-- that one is too heavy.

AdrianB

Update:

12 hours after applying. This drydown is absolutely amazing. Rich creamy vanilla. It's a skin scent, of course, but the fact that I can smell it 12 hours later is impressive.

This will need more testing. I'm intrigued.

AdrianB

In my quest for the perfect vanilla perfume, hubby bought me this and a few others for Valentine's Day, and I don't know what to think.

First spritz. Something in it made me queasy and I nearly scrubbed it off. I am not sure what it is, maybe the vanilla, but it almost instantly turned sour.

However....now that it's dried down a bit, the vanilla is behaving better, the florals (jasmine? orange blossom? not sure which) are very pretty and there's a faint spiciness that I quite like. Hubby approves, says it's "sexy".

I'll keep trying it. Hopefully that awful sour opening on me was a one time thing. If not, it will go on the swap list.

Longevity and sillage appear to be above average so far. NOT a safe blind buy.

xrayer
xrayer

Tried the new 2014 version today and I am so surprised that I love it! I have had the original and currently own the 2012 version - but I think I prefer this one! The top notes are amazingly like I remember the original to be and the dry down is sweeter than the spicier 2012 version. Both have amazing silage and longevity. This is so lovely I may consider swapping my 2012 for a 2014.

risarii
risarii

I smelled this on a woman today and it was so lovely. It was all orange blossoms, jasmine and a hint of vanilla. Delicious.
I like this version 10x more than the 2012 version, which was watered down and unremarkable. It isn't as heavy or spicy as the original (which I remember smelling like orange-spice hot chocolate) but it's certainly a fine reformulation. I know Dior gets a lot of hate for their reformulations, but I've yet to be disgusted by one. I think they've done a fine job. For Dior Addict, it's a nod to the original (still smells very similar) but updated and not as "80s."
Addict is a real beauty.

Shwets
Shwets

I has the original 2002 version which smelt stronger and gave me a migraine. The 2014 is the same scent how i remember but not as intense/lethal/sillage monster as the 2002. Def prefer the 2014 one which is also long lasting but easier to wear.

xhbbbb5
xhbbbb5

Please, can anyone tell me which is the difference between the box of 2012 version and the 2014 one?

melzy
melzy

I have a 2008 manufactured bottle of Addict, which I tested alongside a sample of the 2014 edition. This is definitely better (to me) than the 2012 edition - which had a distinct lack of something and was screechy on my skin.

Addict 2014 seems closer to the original Addict. Sure, it lacks the depth, richness and spice of the original, but it's a good interpretation. Think of it as a more wearable, 'lite' Addict. It's especially good for those who found the original Addict too bold.

The longevity is just as brilliant as its famous predecessor; I could still smell it 9-10 hours after applying, and even after I showered. Sillage is good, but definitely not as heavy as before. If/when my original formulation bottle runs out, I would buy this as a replacement.

I'd like to finish by saying: reformulation was inevitable. Yes, it's disappointing, but what does ranting and whinging about Dior achieve? Sometimes you have to put on your big girl panties and deal with it. The original ain't coming back.

dahrling
dahrling

It smells wonderful on paper and on *some* people... Unfortunately, on my skin it smells exactly like play-dough (there are two other perfumes that have the same effect on me: Hypnotic Poison & Kenzo Amour)

Hellita
Hellita

Don't know what's wrong with me for not having fallen in love with this earlier (or yes I do, I obviously have not worn the old formulation). But now that I have re-tried it I have found that I NEED me a bottle of this! Soooo lovely and alluring! Makes me wonder where I have been the last years to have missed out on such a gem?! Smells like warm yummy vanilla rice pudding with some spice in it on my skin.
Hello Dior Addict 2014 - come to mama!!!!

whiten
whiten

I want the original Dior Addict back... I want the original Dior Addict Eau Fraiche back... In a decade, Dior went from the perfume powerhouse to what is it now exactly? I loved those two and now I'm just so sad that I can't use them freely anymore

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

I was going to purchase a bottle (having a small tester 2002 version which is lovely on me) but after reading all the reviews don't think I will bother now. Like many others, fed up with Dior's changing formulas. I loved the 2011 Miss Dior Cherie with the strawberry in it for summer and that's now long gone! Have recently bought a bottle of Chanel 5 Eau Premiere and will have to be content with that, absolutely beautiful but longevity is not that great unfortunately. Alexandrarae

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I much prefer the 2014 version over the 2012 one, I find this one more balanced and easy to wear. It smells much better on my skin. There was something in the 2012 version that didn't much my skin chemistry. But I have to agree with the majority, that the first version was the best one out of the three.

Now about the scent. This version is simpler and more modern. It is not a monster sillage, which might be an advantage as well, but it lasts long. It is sweet, spicy, vanillary and dark but not in the way perfumes used to be in 80's. I think Dior Addict and Dolce Vita will be my go-to-perfumes for this winter.

feeg
feeg

The first formula was the best. I mean I am soooo disappointed and disgusted with this business nowadays. I was in a store yesterday and it was all mess. It is no more about good perfumes and fashion... just putting out new products all the time. Dior Addict and Dior Addict 2 have lost their exclusivity, creativity and soul! I cannot find a solid perfume anymore. Also Gucci eau de Perfume II discontinued and also Moschino Couture. The years of 2000-2004 were the last years I remember really good perfumes on the counters.

Sleek Geek Chic
Sleek Geek Chic

Suddenly obsessed with perfumes now that I'm 30 and more worried I'll end up smelling like a cat lady (I have no cats...two dogs. Doglady is no better lol), I've started a little collection--plenty of designer perfumes for daily wear and of course as you see in my pic, a bunch of body sprays and mists for nighttime that I squander from Victoria Secret semi-annual sales. I've been trying on countless perfumes within the past three weeks and kept going back to Dior Addict. It smells like a vanilla candle lit during Christmas in a ritzy home. It is very strong, but since lots of perfumes don't seem to last on me, the longevity and sillage is perfect on my skin. You MUST be a vanilla lover to appreciate this scent because it is pretty powerful.

I cannot compare this to the original Dior Addict of 2002 or 2012 since I have not sampled either of those, but I really do like this spicy vanilla 2014 reformulation. I purchased the 1.7 oz today at Ulta for $82 (ouch!). Again, it reminds me of a pure white Christmas candle so I'll probably only wear it during the winter. Since the scent seems to last forever and I only need one spray, I'm thinking although it's expensive, it might last me for quite a while. Also, I am in love with deep blue colors so the bottle is probably my favorite out of my little collection.

sue165
sue165

We need a clear statement from Dior regarding this ugly reformulation

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This is a worthy update for Addict EDP. The last one (2012) was very watered down and not that good, this seems a lot closer to the original from 2002. It's softer though. The original projected, would last on skin forever and was a bit of a bomb. This however, is a more wearable Addict. Very friendly and subdued compared to the original.

duftduft
duftduft

Strong stuff I really love to smell!
A very much Vanilla based scent, spicy and orangy.
To my nose one of the greatest sillage and longevity bombs on the market. 1 spray and it last for about 48 hours. I own it myself but what enjoys me even more is smelling it on other women around: such a pleasant smell, warm, female, daring, italian.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

I never smelled the original or even the older edition from 2012 so my review is based solely on the new one and without the sour undertones the reformulation brings to many reviews.

This is vanilla from beginning to end. It's strong and nearly overpowering, deep and has a confident attitude. It smells velvety and smooth to me, definitely something to wear exclusively in the colder months as it would cloy me in warm weather. The mandarin leaves give it depth and also bring a slight citrus feel to it (almost just a shadow, but it's there) and orange blossom adds a sensual flowery tone. Jasmine, on the other hand, isn't very significant in Addict 2014. The vanilla here is not the usual sweet & innocent type, it's spicy like smelling a vanilla stick.
It's very long lasting: after 10 hours of work and a shower I could still catch whiffs of it, so I'd say sillage is nothing to complain about either. It's quite a simple scent as the 4-notes piramid suggests, there aren't any transformations going through from the initial spray through to the final drydown. That's a bit of a disappointment.

I'd say there are better vanilla scents out there with lot more complexity, although the outstanding longevity makes up for it somewhat.

Michylaka
Michylaka

I was out at the motherships (a.k.a. The Millenium Mall and The Florida Mall) and wanted to try the 2014 version of Addict. The associates at the department stores have no clue what is going on. They still had the 2012 version as a tester and none for sale but instead had the 2014 formulation on the shelf. The same goes for Ulta and Sephora. What a tragedy! I had some of the 2002 on one wrist and spritzed some of the 2012 on my other wrist. The lady at Bloomingdales who was kind but oblivious agreed that the 2002 had more substance and was better. She said she was going to tell the manager that she needed a tester of the 2014 formulation. I keep hoping that it will be as awesome as some of these reviews have said but sadly I am still in the dark. I may just have to go to Palm Beach to the Christian Dior Boutique on Worth Ave to find a tester of the 2014 formulation.

alahoop
alahoop

I keep hearing this one mentioned, and have been wanting to try the pre-reformulation version for a while. Unfortunately, that is easier said than done these days, and I had to settle for a spritz of the current version at Ulta.

It was horrible. I smelled like I spilled vanilla extract on myself while wearing cheap white floral perfume (and I like vanilla!).

To be fair, sweet perfumes aren't really my thing, but I wasn't expecting this one to be SO sweet. I don't get anything woody or balsamic, like I was expecting from reviews of the original. Just cloying vanilla and synthetic smelling flowers.

Rebemario
Rebemario

Hello Fragantica friends! I recently reviewed this 2014 version on one of the other versions. I think it might have been the 2012 site. I don't know what the other versions smell like because I lost a bid on Ebay which in all honesty, I was lucky to loose because I need to stop buying fragrances for at least 4 months!

Ok, so I recently bought this version at Macy's. I just got off a Chanel no 5 jag and was feeling the fall weather, although it is still pretty warm out here. Im still feeling it and was needing vanilla, warmth, sweetness to cuddle me while at work and this beautiful fragrance hit the spot! Not only is it sweet and warm but it has this spiciness that hits you in the face in the best possible way. It offsets the sweetness so you aren't getting a hangover from the sugar.

I've gotta say, if this is a reformulation, they were genius at it. Not only is it a sultry, warm fragrance but the longevity is astounding! I give it a huge thumbs up and this is coming from someone who always believes that anything older is better, thank you for you ear, good night and enjoy your Addict!!

Aysu
Aysu

Although I still believe that 2002 version was the best, this new release is not bad either. When I compare 2012 and 2014 versions, I think 2014 reformulation is closer to the original one more. Ok, less complex than original, but only really trained noses and real Addict fans can differentiate these slight changes..

Peta22

Ok – so having worn the original formula on one arm and the 2014 version on the other I think I can sum up the differences. They both start out very similar but the 2014 version seems sharper, fresher and stronger. The original is actually a dark brownish red juice whereas the 2014 is clear… from what I’ve read I think this is due to the vanilla darkening over time? Anyway, the first 1/2hr was surprising because the 2014 version seemed infinitely stronger – overpowering the much subtler scent of the original. I was starting to wonder whether there was something wrong with my original 20ml spray. On close sniffing, the original was smoother, deeper, spicy and had a touch of pepper and smoke – slightly boozy. The 2014 was much fresher, brighter and floral… it was obvious to me that they were from the same family though – the basis of the fragrance was the same. After about 45mins, I actually applied 1 spray of the original to my torso before I left the house – it seemed that the fragrance needed to be applied heavier if I was going to be able to really compare it to the much more overpowering 2014 version.
It’s now been about 3 hours and I think the original is really starting to show it’s true colours. I can still easily identify the 2014 version and it’s still fresher and brighter but it’s settled into a softer vanilla - Quite sweet and still very, very pleasant to my nose. I’d happily wear this and I was wearing it all last night actually as I sprayed it on before bed and smelt beautiful wafts of it each time I awoke during the night (it was a very sleepless night due to a few life obstacles I’m facing at the moment). The original is taking the stage now though. The dry down is richer – a creamy, cosy dry vanilla. There is a certain ‘headiness’ about it that reminds me of older powerhouse fragrances but it is very elegant – I can certainly see it being addictive. The 2014 is more like the other vanilla fragrances available these days… it just seems to lack that deep, creamy warmth but it's still gorgeous and I'll be happy to wear it.
So I’m quite relieved to be able to experience what everyone’s raving about now… and I’m happy that I’ve managed to secure both a 20ml and a 50ml of the original formula plus my 100ml of the 2014. Hopefully that’ll keep me ‘addicted’ for quite a while!

Peta22

I bought this a month or so ago thinking it was a 2012 version and was surprised when it arrived and had a silver ring rather than gold... Then I found this page and realised I had the 3014 version. Anyway, I tried it on and just wasn't blown away. It was certainly nice but I was expecting way more from this flagship fragrance. So then I sought out the original pre 2012 version for comparison. I'll finally do that comparison today with one on each arm - it's probably going to be a long, slow day so hopefully this will perk me up!! I sprayed the 2014 on last night before bed and I've woken up to it this morning so I'm pretty impressed with the longevity... It's still a beautiful spicy, warm, dry vanilla scent after about 8 or 9 hrs.

houstcs
houstcs

This is a perfume I can't quite pick out notes in,
Pretty linear on my skin. I wear it and find it very unisex. The vanilla is seductive and intoxicating and I typically detest vanilla in fragrances. This is a perfect starting point for men considering fragrances marketed for women.

womoonlight
womoonlight

ı am one the dior fans especially the addict. I have just bought this new formula and it is the as the usual dior addict... ı don't see any differece. This perfume is top on my list i love ADDICT :))

caro78
caro78

Seriously??? well, if they came back to the original blue bottle at least here's some wishful thinking that they heard customer complaints and are trying to bring it closer to the original formula?

Will never forget 2002 formula, as it was the sexiest fragrance I've worn. Oh, it made this shy girl feel like a mysterious, bold, sexy, a heartbreaker vamp

I gave up on Dior so long ago. The house went from a 10 to a ZERO in less than a decade... way to go eh?

villey91

Unfortunately it's not Dior's fault that the scent is not as strong as it used to be. Restrictions set by the IFRA and EU are behind these changes. Though I'd think these huge corporations would have more power (by money) to fight these restrictions, but oh well since when did corps do what consumers wanted.LOL...but I hope we as consumers and citizens will have more power someday to get rid of this patronizing BS or even more to make these restrictions not as strict as they are now.
Read about it ! Google 'reformulated perfume' and you will see news stories about this situation these fragrance companies are in. Dior is one those that are actually fighting it. But I find it absolutely ridiculous that they're so paranoid that they won't admit that they're watering down everything. They would not lose customers, we would get angry about the truth but we would all get that it's Not their fault. Maybe we would get some solutions.

EDIT !

I have to add this: I really love also this reformulation. The 2012 reformulation had little to no longevity or sillage on my skin but this new one is way more amazing ! Lasts almost 12 hours on my skin. Sillage is average now, so it's not as strong as the original (2002) which I finally have as well but it's still as sexy and powerful. It's just updated and doesn't have as much wood and spice. There's still the same warm and sexy Vanilla-Tonka mix, I swear! Tonka is not listed in the notes but coumarin which is tonka is listed in the ingredients on the box. But of course coumarin is listed in almost every sweet perfume. I wish they would still make the body lotion for this, like they made for the original. :( It would do miracles to the sillage.

The vanilla in the Addict is super unique. I suspect that there are secret notes that the Dior perfumery is not going to tell. Maybe: Vanilla, tonka, musk & sandalwood. But the sandalwood may not be listed anymore because it's synthetic or there's just so little of it because it's so expensive nowadays. The Vanille is not as big as the tonka in ANY Addict. At least not the bourbon vanilla which is not that sweet on it's own.

The bottle is beautiful. In the 2012 version the light gold thing around the sprayer didn't make sense but here it does because this one has a lid. And the silver is beautiful IMO.

I have come to the conclusion that there's no reason to hunt down the 2012 version if it's not a very cheap bottle. The new one is all in all great, has better longevity than the previous version, the bottle is beautiful, and maybe the scent is just a LITTLE bit better than the previous... Just my opinion.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Not good smell, like rotten flowers and very sweet like honey... Horrible... Makes me sick. ON Paper. But on hand is better, not so strong. But would not buy it. Dior poison secrete is the best.

AnnabelLee
AnnabelLee

What?! Again?!

I haven't tried this yet. And... I don't really want to do it. Not anymore. Although the original 2002 Addict was my favourite, I accepted the 2012 reformulation because some of the soul of the fragrance was still there. But... this? Four notes? Are you joking, Dior? Where's the silktree blossom? Where's the night blooming cereus?

I've had enough with Addict reformulations... and with Dior too. It's a shame I can't choose a Dior fragrance as a signature, because it will disappear in just two years!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Well... I broke my promise. I couldn't resist curiosity and bought this -it seems I need to see a bottle of Addict in my wardrobe: it looks empty otherwise. After trying it, I must admit that this reformulation was for the better. Addict 2014 is more similar to the original than the previous formula from 2012, in which I detected a strange talc note. That's fixed in the 2014 version, fortunately. If reformulations continue in this direction, maybe one day sandalwood will be restored too. Addict 2014 is a very good fragrance. I have a medium sized (50ml) bottle that's making me happy these days.

little elf
little elf

I can now say without a doubt that Dior is the worst offender when it comes to reformulations. There and IFRA forced reformulations, and then there's this...whatever this is. Is it a supposed to be a sales strategy? Because that would be mildly hilarious. I used to be loyal to Dior perfumes because there were so many good ones! Now most of them have either been reformulated to the point of being unrecognizable, or discontinued. For shame, Dior.

susana75
susana75

Why Dior why ?? ruined most of your perfumes , switch to Tom Ford counter,more complex and oldfactories perfumes ,bye bye Dior.

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

way to go dior and demachy!! keep reducing your perfumes to a four notes concoction. a vanilla base? how ingenious. the original addict had sandalwood/tonka and a pronounced woody/spicy side. this impostor looks like a summer splash formula white flowers and vanilla. shame!!!!

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

I just find it amusing that we all seem to have more info about these fragrances than the sales assistants do. Educating a sales assistant or being fed the same "Oh no we only changed the bottle-promise!" Speech is annoying and frustrating. I am a loyal addict fan so I will seek this out when I see it. I can only hope I'll like it enough to purchase it because if this is what dior is giving us then I basically have no other option.

Endymion
Endymion

At Dior they just lost their mind.
Apparently they continuously reformulate their fragrances every year...
This is the 4th(?) reformulation of Addict.

fiouu
fiouu

2014 reformulation lists Jasmine Sambac Absolute, Orange Blossom (wha... What?) and Bourbon Vanilla.
Say something nice: the packgaging has some nice details and the Jasmine smells very natural actually.
Seemingly with each reformulation Addict loses some weight on the Spices department, which is what made this perfume "oriental", this reformulation is too floral, one plus is that you get 30ml on the small bottle (used to be 20ml).and that's all. I find it to be more floral than 2012 and less spicy than 2002, the box is rather ugly, the nozzle sprays like a shower (not sure If good or bad, but May lead to over application). Has a weird incense-y vibe down and close to the nose. Still smells something like Addict.
This is so depressing right now.

ETA: asked the s.a. About the reformulation, she said (as they always say - I've been asking around for like three months now) that they only changed the bottle design, which prompted me to say (she had the 2012 tester) check the notes on the bottle you've got and the box you're selling to me and then tell me If you find ANYTHING DIFFERENT. She did, then I told her: You need to change your speech girl. SMH

mlxo7
mlxo7

It was a sad day I found out my beloved Dior Addict (2002) had been reformulated. I went to repurchase it and was told that although the packaging had changed, rest assured, the perfume itself was the same. Well it wasn't. Although I have grown to appreciate 2012 Addict for what it is, I have finally finished the last drop of my backup 2002 bottle, and nothing quite beats it in my opinion. The first spray of that perfume is intoxicating, it envelops you in a rich, full bodied cloud of heady vanilla, queen of the night and tonka, it seduces you with its charm and elegance and adds a suggestive sway to your saunter. I was immediately an Addict!

2012 Addict is nice, but it never captured the magic of the 2002 formulation in my opinion. When I heard rumours that Dior had decided to reformulate Addict once again this year, I thought there must be a mistake. Alas, on my first encounter, I questioned the sales associate at my department store about the new bottle on display and he said to me "Ahh but Dior would never reformulate this perfume, it is one of their top sellers, the bottles change but the actual fragrance never does". HA. Deja vu? I promptly educated him on a few important details ;). I have only sampled the 2014 Addict twice, I do not yet own a bottle. I have repurchased 2012 Addict recently from Strawberrynet (50ml bottles still available), but I may in the future purchase 2014. I believe the 2014 Addict is still a beautiful fragrance, however I feel like we have been spoiled after the 2002 Addict, so the Addict line will forever leave a bit of a sour taste because of what Dior steals from this beauty with each reformulation.

So to sum up all that rambling: 2014 Addict in my opinion = a nice fragrance. It holds on to the uniqueness of 2002 Addict which I am uncertain will survive another reformulation. Some may find it more wearable. It is actually surprisingly long lasting (for me) so I am pleased with that. My heart still belongs to the original, but sometimes, albeit unwillingly, we have to move on.

ETA: I have grown to love the 2014 version of Addict. I now own a 30ml bottle. I much prefer it to the 2012 when I compare them, and am thinking of letting go of my 2012 bottle because this is longer lasting (6+hrs on my perfume-eating skin) and more true to the 2002 composition. I honestly recommend giving it a try a few times because it took 4 tries to completely change my opinion.

Bruno57
Bruno57

How a beautiful house as Dior can be so mediocre now ?
Dior became so ridiculous and uncredible with all the reformulations and flankers which change every year or disappear two years after the launch

Adri69

I was outraged and devastated when original DA was reformulated in 2012. The old one was just perfect:spicy, fresh and warm at the same time.It was my signature for years. The 2012 version was just a shame, sg simply stinky and cheap. I am really interested in this new one, but regarding the notes it is not very promising. But let's hope for the best!

milkyway
milkyway

AGAIN? =))

Why do they keep on reformulating it I wonder? The original was as good as it gets, and all of this flankers are just joy riding on the original's still good reputation..