Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Dior Grand Bal Christian Dior for women
dislike

yellow floral
Dior Grand Bal Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior Grand Bal by Christian Dior is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Dior Grand Bal was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. The fragrance features musk, jasmine, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, sandalwood and bergamot.

Musk Jasmine Orange Blossom Ylang-Ylang Sandalwood Bergamot

Dior Grand Bal Fragrance Reviews

oksanaajoye
oksanaajoye

love this fragrance ..excites me

Nikkiza
Nikkiza

I want it....very badly.
cant wright a descent review....speechless!!

gillbert
gillbert

Opening note are bergamot & orange blossom. Bergamot is easily gone. Then, orange blossom came out make it more fresher and start up with flowery vibe. I love the middle notes to dry down. I can smell the musk, jasmine, ylang-ylang and sandalwood. The compositions are perfectly blended. It sweet, flowery, really creamy and light musky.

renzi79
renzi79

Gorgeous night blooming blossom of my Jamaica in a bottle. Problem is it lasts all of 3o minutes and then like a ghost, its gone. Cant invest in this one.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - subtle jasmine with tidbits of orange blossom & musk.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

nexangelus
nexangelus

I do like this a lot. However, it reminds me of a few perfumes. These are Chanel Gardenia, VC & A California Reverie and also the old school Versace VE. This is nowhere near as soapy as VE, but it has the slight soapiness from the neroli and ylang plus sandalwood. It is a clean, fresh slightly musky floral. Very polite, very girly and feminine. The jasmine in this is wonderful. Not heavy and thick, light, green, perfect. Not full bottle worthy, only because I like a bit of roughness (this is soooo pretty) and this is very pristine and soft. Nice but too nice, if you know what I mean. The 7.5ml mini is the perfect amount for me.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

Very comforting buttery jasmina and orange blossom. Not too heady, just elegant, subtle... I am so glad this fragrance restored my faith in flowery fragrances. I've been away for too long... Very feminine, clean, subtle. I wear it day and night... Not too overpowering, but sexy and sophisticated in an understated way...

chezzig01
chezzig01

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!
I'm in Love, Smelt this at the Dior counter, Sprayed it and Im sooooooo in love!! Had to have a bottle.
I don't know if it could replace my Chanel Gardenia just yet!!!

Edit: I'm still in love.. I cannot get enough of this fragrance, every time I move and get a wiff.. I'm in heaven.. My Chanel Gardenia will just have to get used to being used every once in a while..

This could be accused of being very linear... and quite honestly it is.
Let's be fair though the quality of this is excellent, I'm not a white floral fan and this is far too feminine for my butch sensibilities (if that's not a contraction in terms?) but I have to say I love jasmine.
Jasmine bomb then pretty much?
Grand Bal isn't quite as sweet as some jasmine notes, could be that hint of ylang and sandalwood but more likely it's accurately floral and delivers all aspects of the jasmine spectrum, sweet, powdery, waxy even a little dirty?
You know what though? I still like it!
This Dior line doesn't have to hit the mark with amazing creations each time because enough of them are superb, original compositions to carry a few fillers.
This is for the lady who can afford it, and far from being an expert I'd suspect they're cheaper options that deliver in this department.
Lasted very well on me and does what it sets out to.

BlueMarine
BlueMarine

Soft and comforting bouquet of white flowers, with Jasmine being the most notable. A bit generic but to me smell less synthetic than others. A versatile day-to-day scent, but not potent enough for special occasions.

yvashche
yvashche

Superb. White flowers, a gentle jasmine and a lot of sweet orange blossoms. Its not orange smelling but more sweet with just a hint of blossom. I could picture this scent being perfect for a wedding or a springtime picnic.

littlemissconsumer
littlemissconsumer

Very fragile, beautiful white flowers but still...a bit boring. A skinscent, very soft sillage, but on my skin, it is long lasting. Would I buy it again? No. Next time I will go for Ambre Nuit or New Look 1947.

juju0716
juju0716

This is a very pretty scent. Very feminine and soft. When I first spray this perfume I can smell jasmine, ylang ylang on my skin. There are a tons of jasmine, ylang ylang perfumes similar to this out there but you will hardly find something really like it.

adele l
adele l

Swear this is Joy by Patou in the opening..big, huge, dirty floral! However it quickly becomes less dirty and sweeter as it develops..probably ideal for lovers of classic florals who like a modern edge to their perfume

Missinsolence
Missinsolence

Very elegant and long lasting. A classy smell.

What's happening at Dior? Lack of creativity and greed can lead to half disasters. Grand Bal is yet another white floral as billions of others. Smooth and kinda musky, well blended, nice smelling yet anything but distinctive. Smell it blind and I'm positive you won't be able to distinguish it from tones of other fragrances in the same vein...

Redundant.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dior Grand Bal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dior Grand Bal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Grand Bal by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Grand Bal by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.