Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Dior Homme Cologne 2013 Christian Dior for men

Dior Homme Cologne 2013 Christian Dior for men
dislike

Dior Homme Cologne 2013 Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Cologne 2013 Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Cologne 2013 Christian Dior for men Pictures

Dior Homme, masculine fragrance from 2005, got a lot of re-editions including Dior Homme Cologne that was first launched in 2007. In early 2013, Dior presents a new version of Dior Homme Cologne.

The new fragrance is announced as a modern cologne - simple, natural and sophisticated. It consists of citrus, floral and musky accords. Francois Demachy formulates the composition of precious raw materials of Calabrian bergamot, Italian grapefruit blossom and sensual musk. The fragrance gives a sense of purity of white cotton shirt and freshness that lingers after showering.

The face of the perfume is Jude Law, photographed by Peter Lindbergh. The fragrance is available as cologne in 75 and 125 ml bottles.

Calabrian bergamot

Cologne Indélébile

Dior Homme Cologne 2013 Fragrance Reviews

dmirror
dmirror

Instantly reminded me of allure sport cologne and a little bit of allure edition Blanche except better not as strong the citrus with Dior is much smoother and refreshing this is a good one

FlossmoorRay
FlossmoorRay

This is the PERFECT HOT SUMMER fragrance. It starts out with a blast of lemon and bergomant and dries down to a clean hint of white floral. Nothing complex, nothing groundbreaking in terms of notes but it is done perfectly. Inoffensive, pleasant and perfect for those days when even a summer fragrance might be a little heavy. BTW, this is a great office scent as well so even when summer is over, keep it in the office and let the compliments roll in!

slay2cool
slay2cool

the smell of the hot towels flights attendants give out. i actually enjoy it but not worth the money.

dolcethadon

I see a lot of reviews mentioning "lemon" but I do not get lemon nor is lemon listed in the notes.. Dior Homme Cologne is all about the fragrant citrus fruit "bergamot"! I for one know the scent of bergamot very well, having experienced its scent and flavor in the gorgeous fields of Italy where this citrus fruit grows.. Dior Homme Cologne is all about the invigorating scent of bergamot accented with a bit of floral grapefruit blossom and a very clean musk..

racket
racket

Really like this one. One of the best summer frags out there. If you're a fan of fresh lemon scents, you'll love this. Longevity isn't that great, though.

jotalopez

Haters gonna hate it, fans gonna love it. That being said Dior homme Cologne is a super fresh, classy, clean scent. A well made citrus, sparkly fragrance less complex than Dior homme Sport but superb though. IMO DHC has an invigorating verbena-like accord (not mentioned in the composition) which makes it extremely fresh and perfect for hot summer days. The opening arises like a lemon blast that gradually fades into a soapy, almost creamy dry-down that lasts for hours. Both longevity and projection are great, at least on my skin although it will depend largely on your skin type and PH. DHC is a masterpiece and a must buy hands down.

Gault
Gault

As far as I remember the old Dior Homme Sport, this is something very similar minus the strong ginger note. Also reminds me of D&G Light Blue for women.
I dont have any problems with longevity with this, in fact it performs better on me than DHS 2012, also I prefer this smell much more.
This is one of the most liked designer citrus fragrances on the market right now, I would start testing here or at Chanel Allure Edition Blanche.

Moonchild1985
Moonchild1985

Just bought my 2nd bottle
NOTE: This frag is for summer ONLY (even better during the hottest days)

THIS is a cologne, referring to the original french version of "eau de cologne", but in a more modern way. Dior basically updated a multi-century juice. While only made of 3 notes, it actually keeps the most important you'd find in a true "eau de cologne" : citrus and (white) flowers. The opening smells excatly like opening a new very fresh 7Up/Sprite bottle or can, just after the "pschttt" sound. The scent itself is quite generic, BUT the quality of the ingredients puts it above most citrusy fragrances out there. The musk is very light here, the scent basically remains a "citrus-white flower duet (the grapefruit blossom).
PS : The flower note is NOT feminine at all. its not butch masculine either, it just adds a very very very light sweetness to the frag and smoothes the agressive (but nice) bergamot note. Women can definitly wear this one too. This is just "freshness" in a bottle! :)
Regarding the performance, if you plan to wear it under 28°c (celsius) or so, you WILL be disappointed. Just like Versace eau Fraiche, this is performs BEST under a very very very very hot weather. I can get the 7 Up/ Sprite bergamot scent up to 4h after applying, and the fragrance, though remaining a skin scent can be smellt 7-8hours after applying (again, this works that good under very hot temperatures).
Average projection for the 2 first hours, then in "skin scent" mode. The perfect perfume you wanna be wearing when having your lady resting her head on your chest under the sun. It won't choke her up and its very comforting, there something really seductive about it. It's saying "hey baby come closer, so you can smell me! :) "
This is actually the only juice I've ever bought twice. Not because it's the best, but because it's very safe (office-friendly), smells luxurious (and faaar from synthetic, very natural smelling) its the perfume I always put on during summer when I don't know what to wear, and it's the best I've come across for high temperatures..
If you want a quality fragrance that doesnt offend (but get compliments) for scorching hot summer days, this is the one.
PS: ONLY for summer. That's the only way you can appreciate this gem!

PS 2 : the face of the fragrance is no longer Jude Law, Fragrantica, but Robert Pattinson (but hey, who actually cares? :) )

micrtin
micrtin

The opening is really nice, lemony, but I tried it next to Dior Homme Eau, and it is way too weak, then it quickly becomes what many call generic. Dior Homme eau is quite a bit more potent and Dior Homme is even more potent than Eau, so this one to me is a pass. If you like this, chose Dior Homme sport instead, it outperforms it by miles, and they have a similarity. There are other amazing offerings from this house, this one I was not impressed at all, it fades quickly and the drydown is generic. Funny comment, the sales lady told me it is too feminine, that a woman she works with wears it, suggested I get Eau instead

papabear
papabear

for me it's nearly " Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne " can substitute each other (buy the one that cheaper ^__^ )

GinWeed
GinWeed

Oh dear god, where do I begin. This is so close to becoming my signature now, and I am in fact a woman! I am forcing this to be unisex because I refuse not to wear it just because it says "Homme".

Here are a couple of fun (opinion-based) FACTS about Dior Homme Cologne 2013:
(1) It is a gem, treasure, keeper, you name it, for whoever has a liking for citrusy, aquatic or aromatic scents.
(2) The sillage is only soft to moderate (depending on how much you apply) but you won't care because you absolutely love it anyway... to the point of madness.
(3) If point (1) is true for you, you will love this so much you can never get rid of it. Because it's addicting.
(3) The bottle design allows your eyes to rest in peace; it is flawless.
(5) Perhaps you noticed the previous number was incorrectly a three. Maybe it has to do with the last words of point (2).

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Wow Dior Homme Cologne is freshness in a bottle. At first spray I get lots of citrus and in the dry down I get citrus with a little bit of musk. Perfect for the hot summer months. For a cologne, it has a lot of staying power and makes me feel fresh and clean all day long. Definitely a must try for every man or woman (it could be unisex).

smell8
smell8

Got to be one of the best summer smell out there. Its only con is that it has a very weak projection. Only a creep will notice it on you, and that is because she will be, well... creeping on you. I always need to over spray this cologne and even than no one has ever complimented. I still like the smell enough to shed a bind eye for its strength.

Scent - 9
Projection - 5
Longevity - 7

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

Dior homme cologne smells fresh, citrusy, a nice aromatic grapefruit blossom over clean musk. For a cologne it has a beautiful zestiness to it:)But if it's a cologne why is it priced like a edt or edp even?

it's a refreshing splash which can last 3, 4 to 5 hours but is a skin scent, albeit a fresh one. I dont usually stress on price in any review but here it feels a bit extreme.

scent: 6/10
longevity: 4/10
sillage: 3/10

mikemuscles21

@ night cutter. I love lemons tho

Androgynous
Androgynous

UNISEX.. refreshing and ice cold feeling...smells like a frozen lime margarita or lemonade in a cup of ice..walked into a small room and was told I smelled DELICIOUSSSSSS...

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

After receiving this as a gift. i have to say this sent is very basic but very clean and the dry down of the musk is very nice. Its a very unique and soft ,clean fragrance great for summer. it's hard for someone not to like this scent. if you dont like the scent of being clean then its not for you.

bndr007
bndr007

One of the best citrus fragrances ever.
Fresh, clean, lovely.
High quality
masterpiece

Housebliss
Housebliss

Sometimes less is more, as is the case with this cologne.

Smells like a very natural lime and grapefruit mixed together. Extremely clean and fresh. Probably not the best in regards to sillage, but it's nice wearing a fragrance that draws people in instead of having a constant cloud of perfume surrounding you (pushing other people away).

Very laidback and understated. If you want a fragrance that becomes a part of your persona, and is not just another accessory, this really is an excellent choice.

Update: Rarely do I use the same fragrance over a longer period, but I just really like this one and it's now my signature. I might have been mistaken in regards to sillage, because I've received nothing but (unsolicited mind you) positive comments from women. This one pleases me as well as everyone around me.

matty64
matty64

Take a fresh lime, cut it up and put into 3.4 ounces of water. There ya go!

OneRedRose
OneRedRose

Bought it after being given a small sample of this by a fragrance department store rep..... I love it!! :) A fresh elegant day scent...preferably summer but I like wearing it in any season, brightens my mood. Smells like a fresh lemony cotton shirt-like vibe in a warm summer day... a much lighter and more lemony suave version of a Monsieur Balmain but without the vetiver background. Spray on this great Dior cologne and feel like a male model walking down a fashion runway. My female co-workers at work mostly agreed, great scent! I would go as far as saying a lemony version of a Bleu De Chanel (which I also love).

Quim
Quim

Psychoskip hit it on the nose, this smells like 7-Up. My girlfriend even calls it my 7-Up cologne. I really like how refreshing it is. Started wearing it in early spring and it is pretty underwhelming. I will try again in a few months once it warms up, because I really like the notes.

aaronmilic
aaronmilic

Picked this up with some Shoppers Optimum Reward points for free. Love the bottle and love the unique scent however this is identical (and I mean, IDENTICAL) to Hermes Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose, which I love, but is way to expensive and Shoppers doesn't carry it.

Anyway, smells nice on me and does last a while. Definitely a summer or spring day kind of fragrance, not exactly the most masculine of smells.

People say it's very lemony but truth is it's definitely more grapefruit. Surprised I like it, since I hate Grapefruit...

Nba2423
Nba2423

AMAZING!!!!!!! Dior = best house ever...this fragrance smells like lemons crushed into a blender with dry ice and a little sugar!!!!!! Stunning!

smellshot
smellshot

Worst Cologne I've smelt in a long time-Who wants to smell like household cleaner? Not I-I realize Dior is high end but really? reminds me of Eau de Gaga-obviously much more a refined fragrance but three notes? Citrus more citrus and musk? Not worth wasting my money on.

trmjkd989
trmjkd989

Smells like fresh, tart, lemonade! This one really surprised me. Projection was much better than I expected. A very enjoyable light fragrance. I think this one gets a lot of hate for being a Dior Homme flanker. But as a stand-alone, this fragrance is very good!

Fresh!

I love it for summer

Im taking a break from my usual heavy leather and ouds....

bart4543
bart4543

I adore the dior homme line. I rotate between them, currently wearing dior homme intense during winter, dior homme eau for spring, dior homme sport for summer and dior homme for fall. However i am quiet disappointed with this installment. I feel like this cologne is really a money grab. What you are you getting is basically is citrus based fragrance with poor longevity and silage while still paying premium dior price. I just dont see why anybody would choose this fragrance over dior homme sport as they are in the same price range but dior homme sport has better longevity, projection. They both have that nice citrus opening but dior homme sport has so much more with the ginger and iris and so on; Its more complex, to me the cologne version is quiet boring. Nevertheless if you are still inclined to purchase this fragrance i would recommned you looking at chanel sport cologne version. I feel like they have done the citrus a little better than dior and chanel cologne is cheaper and at the same time giving you more juice.

Cams
Cams

Gentlemen, we girls are going to wear this one; it smells fresh, clean and lightly floral and is gorgeous to wear! Its summer in a bottle and very unisex.

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

It smells nice! Fresh, invigorating, clean, and slightly soapy. It is inoffensive and light enough to be worn on the hottest of days. However, it is a bit boring/linear. It is more like an EDC type to spray on when lounging around the house, after a shower, or in weather over 90 degrees. I think it is a bit overpriced at msrp. I would look to discounters for this at a better price!! I see no relation to other Dior homme flankers...

1skyblue
1skyblue

Smells like Fresca. Very lite, too light really. I had to reapply after five minutes and still it faded in another ten minutes. Great scent but way too weak. Wonder what they could be thinking.

cassi
cassi

One of the best sophisticated citrus scent nowadays. Very linear, but smells gorgeously...

Cassiano
Cassiano

In 2007, the Dior brand released a version of the same name, created by Francis Kurkdjian, which had, as its biggest quality, the respect for the original Dior Homme version’s DNA. In 2013, the in-house perfumer - François Demachy - launched this version, completely new and that doesn't bring similarities with the fragrance of Dior Homme. I found it a complete mistake on the part of the Marketing/communication Department of the company, because this scent should have been called Dior Homme Sport Cologne, since it brings citrus and pertinent features of the Sport line. That's what Chanel did with the Allure Homme Sport line and its variations (Sport Cologne and Sport Eau Extreme). It would have been much more cohesive!

Another important observation is that is named Cologne, but is sold as EDT, different from the 2007 version. So, by all appearances, the name alludes to something refreshing and not to a scent made with lower concentration.
That said, let's get to what matters: the fragrance. It is composed by notes of Calabrian bergamot, grapefruit blossom (whose essential oil was extracted by steam distillation of the petals) and white musk. And although the composition is simple, the result is very good.

When touches the skin, it looks like someone just squeezed the peel of the fresh fruit. The bergamot (Citrus Bergamia), which is not lemon, has citric, sour and elegant aroma. Is the note that leads me direct to the more natural Italian fragrances. And I get shocked everytime I see people talking that this cologne smells like lemon. Guys, they are different fruits: lemon, lime, bergamot, Orange, grapefruit, Mandarin, yuzu, etc. They are citrus fruits, but with particular nuances: some juicy, other acidic; there are the sweet and, also, the sour.

After about 15 minutes, the grapefruit blossom begins to emerge with nuances very similar to neroli. The main difference, on my skin, was a feeling of freshness with a spicy touch. It reminded me the smell of ginger. In the end, the white musk comes smooth, without the soapy nuance, but with a creaminess that made me remember the base of Allure Edition Blanche, however, as if they had taken off the sweetness of vanilla and tonka bean.

The bottle is beautiful, indeed! It looks like an ice cube when it is milky in a corner. And the blue details confer an aspect even more frozen. They could have done the TV commercial using a model rubbing ice on the neck, because the sensation of freshness is the same.

The projection is not good, but the lasting compensates. For those who miss the limited edition Armani Code Sport Athlete (which I prefer), here is a great choice for the overwhelming summer of our country (Brazil).

psychoskip
psychoskip

If 7-Up were to make a fragrance, this would be it. Bright, bubbly, soft, citrus. That's all you need to know. Longevity is poor, but Dior Homme Cologne 2013 is what I would consider a perfect "White T-shirt" scent.

Duft123
Duft123

This is more of a comparison-type review than a descriptive one.

Tried this out today on an arm and couldn't help noticing the resemblance it bore to the original Dior Homme Sport sample I had dated 2008. I would say the two are 95% alike.

I also tried the latest version of DHS on the other arm and I can say that DHC is more suited to warmer weather (and I mean 35 Celcius +) while the present sport version is more suited to pre-summer weather of springs as it might get cloying in extreme heat. But then again, I need to test these in summers to give a better review. The cologne version had a better longevity and projection which is not surprising given its higher price compared to its cousin.

Forgive my nose, but I got a Versace Man Eau Fraiche vibe from DHC 2013. Just that it performed much better than the former.

Kdu
Kdu

fresh, clean, sexy ... better impossible!!!

ngreeny
ngreeny

Starts off nicely with fresh lemons and I like it a lot at this stage, but develops into what smells to me like a strong laundry detergent, so I'll pass.

kon72
kon72

I loved the burst of fresh lemon at the start and for the most part. It slowly and progressively becomes a bit more soapy and powdery than I would like. It tries to be the 2008 version of Dior homme sport with the elegance of the 2012 without the iris. I was on the fence for some time with this one but finally decided to pass.

henriques
henriques

3 notes, 3 words: Gorgeous Powdery Lemon!!!
That is all about the simple superb Dior Homme Cologne 2013.

However, I can speak some more words...
...I would say Dior divided Dior Homme Sport 2008 into 2 fragrances: Dior Homme Cologne 2013 and Dior Homme Sport 2012.

DHS 2008 was trying to be too much at the same time: "summer, sport, refined, elegant, sophisticated, classic, etc..." and wasn't so faithful to Dior Homme line.
So IMO they made this division: DH Cologne 2013 is the sport one. And DHS 2012 is the elegant classic one (fine sport) that makes the perfect bridge to the Dior Homme line.

our lee
our lee

For me, this is a very simple fragrance. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The citrus notes feel fresh and clean, whilst the musk is pleasantly subtle. Longevity isn't great for me, but it is a cologne after all.

Perhaps better for the warmer months however I have been wearing this all year round (mostly daytime) and it works for me.

Not the type of fragrance that will wow or amaze but a safe, simple and pleasant everyday smell that you can't really go wrong with.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The best perfume for summer in Dior line.
Dior Cologne explores the freshness in Dior Sport, may even not listed in the notes but the lemon reconciled bergamot, clearly appears that DNA present in Sport, it may be that scent is bergamot specifically of Calabria with a white floral accord, which gives a touch clean and sparkling which is the grapefruit blosson.
It better than sport because its not bitter by the present of ginger and has nothing spicy, only that citrus and invigorating freshness chord in musky velvety light base, perfect for summer.

stefanel80
stefanel80

Intense lemon, I don´t detect any spices more tan a touch of ginger, More lemon and lemon, go away in 20 min, after I can smell very soft White flower and round almost unperceptible orris note. the base is composed by powdery and elegant white musk that remember babys colognes.

GMK
GMK

A wonderful fresh cologne which got a truely refreshing scent without being cloying , overpowering and similar to a thousands of so called fresh acquatic cheapo synthetics.

DHC is all about Citrus( Bergamot) and musk , I get the Orange peel and Neroli hints besides some flowery notes which might be wrong but whatever it is , really a treat to wear in hot and humid climate. Another Underatted one.

MSL
MSL

First opinion.
My first 'Dior'. A transparent version of 'Allure Blanche' ('Chanel'). Can also be seen as a 'Dior Sport' well diluted. It also reminds me of 'Mediterraneo' by 'Antonio Banderas'. Although weak, is remarkable. Made for very hot days. I believe it is more profitable to purchase the 'Allure Blanche'. Although weak, DHC has great longevity. On my skin, 8 hours. Fairly linear; practically the same scent from beginning to end. In short, another great scent for hot days, that's all. When my bottle runs out, will I buy another? No. I regret having bought? Certainly no.

Let'us update it!
When my bottle runs out, will I buy another? Yes.
Longevity: 8h+. Range: 3h+. Extraordinary.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I really loved this fragrance at first. Fizzy clean lemon that has surprising longevity on me. But the more I wore it, the more I noticed an astringent qualitu that reminded me of something in the "Clean" line of perfume. Now, I am having a harder and harder time wearing this. It feels too heavy and suffocating on a hot day...not refreshing, just smothering. :'(

psebi101
psebi101

Homme Cologne 2013 is a different take on the Homme line. It starts with a genuine freshly cut lemon, very refreshing. Gradually, as the grapefruit blossom and then the white musk appears, it changes more on the clean side. The transition is seamless and the blend is very high quality. Excellent for the summer and in my opinion better than Homme Sport. If you like citrus fragrances, this is among the best. The longevity is great but you don't get much projection after the two hour mark. Gorgeous bottle!

Scent: 9.5/10
Projection: 6/10

southchicagoray
southchicagoray

Compared to DHS this is cleaner and fresher. Maybe not as complex as DHS but for my money, better at one specific thing. Call it linear or boring but the one thing this isn't is offensive. Great cologne, and aside from Fahrenheit 32, it is my favorite Dior.

Vahagn
Vahagn

Pleasant, but fairly simple perfume- as a citrus juice poured on linen cloth. Fresh, invigorating perfume just on hot summer or after the gym, when you do not want to "complex" perfume. Good sillage !!!

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Well my recent position at Macy's allowed me a NICE oppurtunity to sample a LOT of colognes lately. I heard of Homme Intense coming off as lipstick like.
Homme cologne.
This one comes off as richly sweet and masculine.
The lipstick note isn't as prominent, but it dries to a deliciously expensive smelling cosmetic/powdery musk that lasts for the rest of the day.

Sillage: modest
Longevity: good, 8 hours later still leaves a nice sweet 4cm musk blanket.

nikolay_marinchev
nikolay_marinchev

Very, very poor longevity. I took my one from Berlin - 78 Euro and I'm totally disappointed!

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Simple, but very refreshing. Probably the one that suitable for REALLY hot weather. Because it is very airy. And yes, it is basically a lemon scent. Really like this one, although longevity is not perfect, since it is very light.

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

7-up in a fragrance. Pretty great at times during the summer. Doesn't last as long as I'd like but it's okay...reapply. Happy Hunting.

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

Classic and simple, May be too simple at times.

It's the type of colognes that can fit anytime, but only seems right when it's summer, sunny, and you're wearing light colored cloth, it reminds me of models running on the beaches, it's weird, i liked it but i never imagined myself or anyone i know wearing it.

It is very long lasting btw, i sampled this on a tester paper along with Fahrenheit Absolute and Fahrenheit Aqua, this outlasted them by far, and was still strongly noticeable on the tester paper after 48 hours.

It starts off with Bergamot and Grapefruit, some notes of lemon hits the nose as well, in a couple of hours the grapefruit grows stronger, the smell becomes sharply lemony on the beginning of the sniff, yet it tends to be directly followed with this soothing effect that reduces the sharpness of the citrus, it's like tasting a milky citrus smoothie, a creamy note directly follows the lemony note, and that soothing note is not Musk, i couldn't smell musk at all, may be just a hint, once.

I have to say i can smell similarities in the middle phase, with Encre Noire from Lalique, it's probably the Cypress note.

To sum up, this is never a blind buy, should be tried once and even twice, it's different than anything Dior made lately. May be would lead a new trend in perfumery.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Update April 23rd, 2015

Dior decided to relaunch this summer fragrance this summer. The one good that I can state is that both the this years and the one 2-3 yrs ago is no different. The aroma is exactly the same!!! Excellent summer frag which has a citrus/green vib.

Finally I found this amazing fragrance...I wish Dior wouldn't of discontinued this fragrance perfect during the summer months.
This was a blind purchase based on several reviews and I have to agree that this juice is phenomenal frag with a zesty citrus note from bergamot as well as floral notes of grapefruit blossom.
The zesty citrus aroma stays for several hours, after awhile I'm able to detect a hint of musk giving it a realy warm sexy vib. This frag is Dior's best summer scent ever produced giving you an overall ATTRACTIVE GREEN scent. To follow this citrusy frag is a slightly spicy aroma giving it a real attractive masculine scent
Longevity and Silage are both very high quality lasting well past 8hrs considering it's a summer fragrance.
Overall thoughts,
This was the first time that Dior broke away from their main note of IRIS...giving us a real aromatic scent.
I LOVE the zesty citrusy notes giving you an aroma of lemon as they ripen under the heat of the summer sun in Italy making this juice ABSOLUTELY STUPENDOUS. Rating this juice is DEFINITELY worth apraise 9/10 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pelander
Pelander

I recently bought it and I love it. It's perfect for summer!! Starts with one of the best citrus refreshing smell and then ends in a soft and clean aroma. It projects very well for 3 hours and then it stays close to skin for a long time. Very good longevity. My signature scent this summer for sure.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

literally smells like a fizzy lemon lime soda (sprite, 7up, Sierra Mist etc)..This is pretty much dior homme sport 2008 without the spice.. very clean and refreshing scent but longevity is short lived..if you already own dior homme sport I say pass.. they smell so much alike

StardustHK
StardustHK

Positive: It's a great, natural smelling low-key or "stealth" fragrance. People my not recognize it as a perfume but just as clean, fresh laundry smell. DHC is perfect for hot climate, sports or delicate situations like working in close quarters or even a job interview.

Negative: Given a longevity of 1~2 hours the price tag is questionable.

mikkov26
mikkov26

This is by far my most complimented fragrance from my over 100 bottles collection. Dior Homme Cologne is loved by men and women, many have asked "what are you wearing because you smell so good". In reality, people rarely praise the scent that you use but in this case it happens quite often.

It has become my signature scent because it suits every occasion. DHC is a high quality, fresh and modern scent and very seductive too.

Guinea54
Guinea54

to me it is a very basic and simplistic fragrance done well. All I get really is an opening of pure citrus mostly a lemon smell.. It is a natural lemon, not a sweet edition blanche candy lemon, but more of a fresh lemon like those wipes restaurants give you to clean your hands.. it smells pretty much the same as that.. with some floral undertones. As it dries down the citrus fades and you get more of the floral and this clean cotton t shirt type of smell. so overall think lemon scented wipes ... the good ones that smell like pure lemon.. and some floral/ out of the wash fresh cotton t shirts.

longevity seems pretty good on it.. not too sure on projection

Overall I can appreciate the scent.. but I can see why people would like it and dislike it.. its a simplistic lemon scent.. for me personally I think I like something with more to it... but sometimes elegance is in simplicity. This one might be good if you want to wear a fragrance but don't want to smell as if you are wearing a "perfume".. another scent that is good at this is muegler cologne.

dda
dda

I just love this fragrance. So fresh and simple i use it as a ''summerizer'' if you will, for a very few, more complex scents

Force
Force

Yes, armani sport code athelet is almost as DH cologen, but beauty in reaching the goal with Dior versus professionality with less effort in Armani. Also, armani have noticeable vetiver note which is not in DHC.

k2mr
k2mr

this is a really nice one perfect for summer daytime . opening with the nature lemon turn to some kind of fresh flower quit fast but the fresh stay still in the end mix with the musk is wonderful the longest is nice better than some EDP one of my favour

kami07
kami07

سلام يه عطر عالي خنك و ملايم وقتي اسپري ميكني بوي ليموي تازه كه شاداب و خنك هست بعد از چند دقيقه شكوفه گريپ فروت با ليمو يه بوي فرش و با حالو ايجاد ميكنه در پايان هم مشك بوي دلنشين و ملايمي رو داره امروز بعد از تست بو كردم از در مغازه رفتم بيرون تو هواي آزاد هي بو كردم چند قدم كه رفتم بي درنگ برگشتم يه دونه خريدم عالي عالي فرش تازه مناسب براي روزاي گرم تابستون 10/10

petyke
petyke

A very good natural citrus scent for spring/summer. Suprisingly it is quite often complimented by ladies. Sillage and longevity is above average for a citrus scent. Imo worth trying.

limited Edition
limited Edition

This is a lovely clean , fresh scent with a contempory edge to it.
Dior has done well with this fragrance in all aspects.

bcoops
bcoops

this is great....reminds me of a cross between ACSA and Chanel allure sport cologne...smells authentic and very nice!

binker

Thanks! Still trying to decide of I should reorder DHS or try something new with dhc 2013

pronose
pronose

very close to signorricci by nina ricci! the nose of dior he is a copycat!

Phényl
Phényl

A delicious and elegant sweet lemon drink we love to sip in summer. An easy to wear risk-free cologne to give as a present.

Un délicieux et raffiné sirop de citron qu'on aime boire en été. Une eau de cologne facile à porter qu'on peut offrir sans risque.

everlong
everlong

got this today, it's ok...dior homme sport is much better

dbatiste1
dbatiste1

Lemony fresh cotton fabric smell. Last long, but sits on skin as far as I can tell. There's nothing wrong with this fragrance, but the purpose it serves can be accomplished with any fresh body spray, fragrance lotion, or perfumed soap. This is ideal for someone who wants there skin to smell clean without smelling like you're actually wearing a fragrance. I own it, but I don't warrant a blind buy. You aren't missing much at all.

dolcethadon

First time I smelled this was at the duty free in the airport.. The salesperson sprayed it on a card and made me smell it, although I was preoccupied sniffing out scents like Opium Pour Homme, and Kouros to see what those were all about.. Dior Homme Cologne had just come out than and was brand new.. When I smelled it I was shocked at how good it smelled because fresh & citrusy scents are not really my thing.. Dior Homme Cologne is very simple, very fresh, clean, and pure citrus with a floral hint.. Smelled it for the second time today and now I really want this! This is one of the only citrus fragrances that has really piqued my interest! There is just something about it that really smells very nice and different..

DrumMachine1986
DrumMachine1986

I really got flashbacks of guzzling down gallons of Sprite/7-Up as a child, it honestly took me back to a great place in time and brought a smile to my face. This is a nice, real nice, citrus scent. Super fresh, sophisticated in its own right. Kinda pricey for wut you get, but I'm happy with it. Squeky clean smelling!

N°5
N°5

this is clean, straightforward and simply one of the best citrus fragrances out there.

nigelchoi
nigelchoi

Amazing scent, one of my favourite fragrances. Smells a little bit like 7-up, very fresh and sweet, with a tiny bit of citrus. Not as long lasting as I hope it should be, but with a decent projection, my friends absolutely love it.

Scented Heathen
Scented Heathen

Just picked this up on Sale at duty free and I am very happy with it. It adds about 5 seconds to every hug :)

sanicojo
sanicojo

Esta colonia con el pasar de las horas me da una cierta semejanza con armani emporio white for him. Me gusta mucho,la parte citrica es amable. Tiene un toque de ginebra a mi olfato y un elegante musky aparece entre todo el citrico. Al final es bien fresco el aroma. 4.5/5 es mi opinion personal.

Manny44
Manny44

This is a beautiful , fresh fragrance. A less "sporty"
version of Dior Sport, more elegance than sportiness.
I can't attest to performance or sillage because I 've only tested from a 2ml sample. Very impressed.

thepro25
thepro25

Simplistic Ultra elegance with this cologne.But not the most masculine scent out there.

galoguiu
galoguiu

Dior Homme Cologne 2013 is a good choice for the colony of very hot days. The smell is fantastic! Easy to please people. I would like more longevity and silage. I believe this fragrance is proposed to be a mild scent of summer. Still thumbs up.

areyouin729
areyouin729

Ordered this off Fragrancenet as a blind buy after the reviews and I must say it's VERY good. I really enjoy the citrus w/o being too feminine.

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

I hope this gets discontinuous after the releasing of Dior Homme Eau!

Yaro
Yaro

Beautiful!

windhill
windhill

A qualities fresh scent that very smooth and realistic to my nose. Not something unique or get attention but its clean and suitable for any occasions. Ideal for summer. I can wear it anywhere, anytime.

cherie97
cherie97

This is pure perfection when it comes to citrus, masculine scents.

It opens up with crispy freshness of citruses, smells a little like a lemon mixed with bergamot, freshly blended into heavenly smelling juice.
It warms up on skin, evolves just a little to show it's seductive side.

It's smells so good.

It's never easy when it comes to citrus scents. Most of them smell like air-fresheners or laundry detergents. It's very easy to cross the line and make a cheap-smelling citrus fragrance with no class.

This kind of fragrance takes a lot of good work and perfect blending.

It's not a complicated, multi-layer scent.
It's just a simple, clean citrus scent.

It's the proof that less is more.

I love the bottle design, it's a good reflection of this scent - like a clean citrus water, simple and elegant at the same time.

I also think it makes a good unisex perfume. I love it on my skin.

Smells natural, bright, positive and sexy at the same time, without being complicated and heavy in any way.

Love it, from the bottle to the liquid.

Good job, Dior (now please make something like this in a more feminine version)!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An invigorating frag, for the lovers of sharp citrus, which is modern, crisp and brilliant..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -50 mins - 5 inch projection. Refreshing and natural citrus, which is modern, sexy and for the day time. Ages 18 - 32

50 min - 1 hour 45 mins - 2 inch projection. Linear frag
vibrant citrus, wow

1 h 45 mins - 8 hours. Close to skin but longevity is very good. The citrus remains, less sharpness but IMHO even better now.

This scent is to die for, and one of the greatest - I find it addictive and absolutely love it

If you like this but want more projection, then try Armani Code Sport Athlete NOT the original Code Sport, but be quick as the Athlete version(clear bottle) is limited edition

Quality

bet85
bet85

Those who say that this smells like Allure Edition Blanche have obviously never smelled Allure Cologne Sport. They both start out almost identical, except this is a lot smoother and turns more lemony in the drydown rather than citrusy soapy from Cologne sport. It lasts all day on me, with moderate to low projection. Not really a compliment getter, just smells nice...
Honestly not worth the money,...maybe if they sold it in 150ml like Allure Cologne sport.

waelh
waelh

The zestiest fragrance available.
My top citrus fragrance of all.
I don't find it similar to DHS except in the opening.
The drydown is completely different.
Very similar to AHS cologne,but each has its own identity.
Projection:3.5/5
Scent:5/5
Longevity:4/5

Average Rating: 4/5

Marcos Oliveira

Fresco e parace limonada , mas nao tem Limão em sua composição...a bergomata faz esse papel. Dior com ótima fragancia dominante em sua volta,lembra de longe o DHS 2008 ,mas somente lembra...boa opção para o calor.

Dark-X
Dark-X

A good fragrance. A minimalist, fresh simple cologne. Nothing fancy. The kind all people like. Nothing edgy, stays at the safe side.

It reminds me at the dry down of Loewe's Solo Eau De Cologne Intense a lot. The top, however, differs. Dior's is more citrous & light while Loewe is a more soapy & heavier but these two fragrances share the same path at the end of the road.

I liked it. It evoked calmness & peace in me. Exactly like how Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea fragrance did. But the price is way too much for such value. There are much better options for much cheaper price. Unless you are really free-spending person with no financial burden or really really loved it, you shouldn't go for it.

People won't smell the price, nor would you in a couple of months.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

This is very, very pleasant. Fresh, clean, crisp, and inoffensive. Although it doesn't contain neroli, it reminds me of Mugler Cologne, which I already own. If I didn't, I'd probably buy this one. It lasts long, and projects moderately.

Marcos Oliveira

Dior Cologne 2013,parece com Dior Homme Sport vintage , limão e limão sem gengibre,mas esse Colgne não tem a nota de limão, o que faz dele ,ele também não é cologne,mas sim eau toillete,o que traz personalidade no perfume e com caixa e frasco magnificos de lindo,aroma é maravilhoso,calmo e confortavel,fixa mediano por ser muito fresco,DHC é esportivo e elegante,dia a dia e interessante,projeção leve e sútil com um cheiro de limão ou tangerina ... a fragancia lembra branco como algodão ou gelo,Dior acertou em um perfume verão que será um sucesso na minha opinião,especialmente pra voce que gosta de aroma de limão misturado a flores.
Aroma : 9,8
Fixação : 8,5
Projeção : 7,5
Geral : 9

I think to an extent you know what you're going to get with Dior...and that's quality!
Not my favourite in the Homme collection but if you want a really lovely smelling citrus & musk fragrance, you can't go wrong with this.
The bergamot, grapefruit blossom combination is really nice, and much more pleasant to my nose than the lemon & ginger of Homme sport but somehow not as challenging.
I still think it's great and the bottle is very attractive too with the frosted sides.

jotalopez

Got to love this stuff. DHC is a super fresh and sparky scent which hardly goes unnoticed. It is not intended to be a masterpiece but it could easily become one. I didn't like the original Dior Homme Cologne because of those overwhelming spicy and citrus notes, but this one is one-of-a-kind fragrance that exudes sensuality and freshness. Although anise is not described in its composition, I guess it is present. Thumbs up!

Scentica2009
Scentica2009

Excellent summer fragrance. I also wear this at the gym, longevity is poor but what do we expect for a cologne? Very nice scent.

nice fragrance! reminds me Thierry Mugler "COLOGNE" Fragrance

yatan
yatan

One of the best for summer..I got tons of compliments and I m wearing it just one month..It is clean, fresh but full fragrance. I cannot imagine anyone not liking this for summer. I recommend the biggest bottle.

Riverwide
Riverwide

Beautiful. Citrus, ginger and a bright musk. Exceptionally long-lasting for a cologne, especially on clothing. I really find it genuinely difficult to fault this.

Giv1952

the more i use the more i love this perfume.
I really love the grapefruit blossom note.
This the two most long lasting Citrus perfume i know, the other is Pure Cedrat by Azzaro.

Marciu

I had a big decant of it and I still have a big bottle of Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport. They're different. But equal in quality.

This one is more like very refreshing lemonade, it also reminds me of fresh laundry, in a good way! Chanel smells a bit more harsh in the beggining, like a sharp mix of citruses. But then that smell dissapears and spices mixed with wooods come in.

Love them both.

cyberzigot
cyberzigot

It is a clear and sunny day with cool breeze. A glass of lemonade and gin in my hand and I'm having a casual day. That's what I get when I tested Dior Homme Cologne 2013 twice.

I think people are putting to high expectations. At the rate these fragrance companies churn out new products, you hardly get anything that would change the trend in the industry.

Back to the cologne, it opens up with a really natural lemon note. One of the best lemon notes I smelled and I get a boozy background to it. It adds a little bitterness to it kind of like dry gin. In the mids you later get woods and musk. It is simple yeah and it does the job well. I see this being worn for office and casual day. Very suitable for hot and humid conditions.

Is it innovative? Of course not. But for a specific well known genre, it is one of the best in its class.

janin4
janin4

This one here is the PERFECT fragrance for men. It's so fresh and nice and the drydown is heavenly. And yes, it's a little bit similar to chanel homme sport cologne, but nowhere near as harsh. I tried it on my own wrist and almost bought it just so I could spray it on my sheets and pillows or wherever.

ShiseidoTactics
ShiseidoTactics

The test and is just ... wow! Delicious!

If you do not like citrus, stop reading this review ...

The first shot is of a quite pronounced citrus, I would say to "strong" (in the best sense of the term).

In the middle phase is the Dior Homme Sport (2008) original, I do not doubt (come on, I have two bottles of Dior Homme Sport 2008!).

Now (and here's the surprise),

In the drying phase horrors reminded me (so to speak) to Eau de New York by Bond No 9 and Les Colognes Hermes ...!

Actually, it is commonplace in my reviews, but: MUST HAVE (again, if you like citrus).

We will have to prove their durability and sillaje, of course.

periquito89
periquito89

Really different from the original Cologne. That smell that usually is compared to lipstick is gone, and in its place is the citrus. All over the scent by the way. In this case it looks now more like some other summer versions, as, for example, Burberry Summer/Summer Ice, and in some degree to Armani Code Sport and Athlete. Actually is more like the last ones than the new Dior Homme Sport. And because of that it turned to be more common too. It's ok. The best thing said about it is already in the reviews bellow: good/nice, but really nothing new.

kaysee
kaysee

I love dior homme/sport/intense. but this one isn't doing it for me.
Although I'm a big fan of citrusy/summery fragrances, this one smells a bit generic and seems like they were in a rush to make a new fragrance.
smell/longevity=mediocre

yacoco

What I don't like in summer fragrance is the price compare to the longevity most of them don't last
many people rate summer fragrance compare to winter fragrance which don't work anyway longevity of this one is good 6h and more
as scent simply a sharp lemonstic flowery not that bad I love Dior homme sport 2012 much better

As advise I dont mind Having 2 bottle of Dior homme sport 2012 than this 1 that doesn't mean it's a bad fragrance that my opinion

Alive
Alive

Tested it last week. Very similar to DH Sport, just add some grapefruit and a barely noticeable musk. Smells very good though, and lasts a long time, and I'm honest with you, most fragrances don't last long on my skin. It can be simple, but I find it almost perfect for spring and summer, imagine yourself fresh in the morning wearing a white polo and dark jeans + DH Cologne. It is a "more formal" DH Sport if you want to see it that way. BTW, the bottle looks incredible :)

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

The name is Dior Homme Cologne and it is an EDT.
Never an EDC.

evilspin
evilspin

People keep saying there is no longevity. PEOPLE its a cologne version! meaning it has more alcohol content which evaporates quicker than water based (EDT) or oil based (EDP) fragrances! Plus citrus notes usually are energetic scentswhich awaken the senses (hence why they are typically used for summer and sport frangrances) and dont last as long.

In anycase I still want this.

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

The "DIOR HOMME" brand was a powerful drawing card for influencing my attention towards this fragrance. There is a level of brand equity I have for Dior which keeps me coming back for more!

The new Dior Homme Cologne is born into a dynasty of elite perfumery.
As we know, it's older brothers include:

Dior Homme
Dior Homme Sport
Dior Homme Intense

These formulas were all legends in their own rights. And now it is time for their baby brother to pave his own way.

I believe he has accomplished this feat. In his first few months of release the market are snatching this one up and liking what the smell. This cologne is a must have for anyone who owns the predecessors and enjoys a citrus accord.

The opening is a wonderfully fresh burst of bergamot. To my nose it is almost as if I have laid down a bunch of bergamots, limes and lemons onto the chopping board, picked up a knife and then cut them cleanly in half. What is left in the air is a fresh, crisp, zingy, zesty smell of citrus. It is an opening that is worthy of purchase alone.

The odiferous particles continue to impregnate the skin with a pleasant scent of "lemon meringue pie". I say this because it is a 'creamy citrus' rather than a 'fruit bowl citrus'. Despite the note listing of grapefruit and musk, the two combine in a way that evokes a lactonic/milky quality. The musk creates a smoothe quality.

This scent is delicate and faint. After its opening it does not project as well as its predecessors. It is the weakest in projection of the collection.
However the sillage is noticed by work colleagues,partners and friends. The people who have close proximity to you will smell this on you and enjoy it very much.

It is definitely worth purchasing if you are a fan of the "Dior Homme" line-up.
Go ahead and buy it! Yes it is far simpler, cleaner and stripped down version of the others but it is still worth a purchase. You cannot deny this is high quality.

The bottle is beautiful. Frosty, clean and classic. Equivalent of a crisp white shirt freshly laundered. Dior bottle sprayers are the best I own.

Marciu

@binker - YES, this fragrance is absolutely worth owning. It's a perfect summer (and spring also btw) scent. Dior Homme Sport also is very good - but different than this one. DHS '08 is sharp(& little bit soap in the same time what I personally love) citrusy and gingery fragrance - citruses give you sharpiness and the ginger gives you that soapy feeling. DHS '12 is more woody and a little bit diluted. On my skin - with a little bit heavier with my finger on the trigger - it works as well as the previous version.

This one is very citrusy with a floral blast added to it. I purely fell in love with it also! It's not sharp, but strong and crisp in the same time. It reminds me of DHS'08(what I already have mentioned) and of Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport (without those spices). It seems to be weaker than Chanel's cologne, but to me they both are equal.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

yes it's so citrus, yes it so fresh, yes it so spring and summery fragrance, but it reminds me with THE FRESH WIPES of Airplanes ,or the KFC wipes, EXACTLY the SAME, please remember my words, and check it, am sure you'll get the same smell.
That's the only thing i didn't like in it.

binker

Is this cologne worth buying of you already own dior homme sport? Or are they too similar to own both?

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I just bought this for my boyfriend as a birthday present. I like it on men. Think it's very fresh. Also, I love the "nose" who made this. Amazing artist.....just amazing ability to captivate my senses....my boyfriend likes simple clean non offensive scents that have a slight zing. Hope he likes this.

abichuela
abichuela

Por fin la tengo. Qué tomadura de pelo, una decepción total. Huele a puro y vulgar limón. Dura menos de 3 horas, no se percibe ni siquiera a corta distancia. En fin, ya qué puedo hacer, ni modo que vaya y se las a aviente a las vendedoras en la tienda departamental donde la compré.

Johnnyacl
Johnnyacl

Some days ago, I went to a perfume store with a list to test (winter and mostly summer ones). Let me tell you that Dior Homme Cologne 2013 wasn´t part of that list. I started to do my tests and at some point one of the employee (from Dior) asked me if she could show me the lastest Dior Cologne for men. I agreed! Man, this perfume instantely blew me away! AWESOME!!! I then sprayed a bit on my skin and the smell lasted for about 6 hours! Nice projection, although not comparable to L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Sport! It seems to a moderate sillage.

I tell you, this perfume was a big surprise for me! FANTASTIC!!!

Berth
Berth

i love it.... but for myself! not masculine at all.it reminds me of a female scent I had years ago... i can't put my finger on it now, but the smell is really familiar to me. Fresh, citrusy, white-floral and soft musk, very natural, like walking on a field surrounded by lemon and orange trees..the problem is the price: crazy expensive, and it's a cologne... But well, is Dior and is realy high-quality and longlasting too

Blackster
Blackster

In the opening a lot of lemons, it's not as eau sauvage where citrus are present with other smells. Very Very lemony with a light point of white flowers.

It's not a fragrance that will change a lot with the hours, I prefer the base note, that appears after many hours, and last.

However is a very fresh fragrance. if you like cirus and lemon... you won't be disappointed.

Sillage: soft to moderate.

Longevity: very very long.

Plantus
Plantus

Great fragrance but crazy expensive in my country, almost 150 euro for the big bottle.

Similar but much less expensive it's Aqua Attiva by Collistar, that's only 25 euro and have better longevity also.

Ivano
Ivano

The opening recalls Dior Homme Sport (2008) for sure, and it's the best part of the fragrance in my opinion but after that initial blast, you have a very classic, and so "radically simple" smell (words used by Dior to describe their purpose with this Cologne 2013) that it actually turns out to be pretty boring and totally unisex.

ION
ION

"Dior Homme Cologne 2013" is one more interpretation of the "cologne" theme and as such, it sits pretty close to the others on the market (Mugler, Chanel, Gaultier to name a few), but with a sophistication that I find inspiring in all its olfactory banality if you know what I mean.
The perfumer has tried its best to make it project and last well, this is a perfume that does not disappoint by any means.
If only 4711 could last and project so well...since nothing beats 4711 as we all know! :-)

garett
garett

First for the thing which is being said too much over here by most of y'all. It is no way similar to chanel allure homme sport eau extreme or the normal one.That chanel one is soapy and different and has less longevity.But this dior 2013 homme has 6 + or even 8+ hours longevity atleast on me with 2-3 sprays.
On the contrary i rather find this one to be similar to 2008 DHS , gingery ,fresh kind of without any ginger.
The white musk in this one is the driving force behind its longevity.I bought it on 25 may 2013 with 1 spray on my wrist.After that i took a walk around somewhere and was trying to catch the fresh vibe and really peaceful feeling but somehow couldnot catch that on that day but i will re do it.This scent can take me to the vibe which i have been wanting to feel from much time.
It is fresh and precisely it gives me this feeling ->
a water fall from a cliff falling in to a river on a day with overcast sky but with no rain , cool winds blowing and its not cold too much and inside a not so much dense forest.

Matias Eduardo Suarez
Matias Eduardo Suarez

I liked so much !!!! Thank you DEMACHY !!!!

Longevity is poor

norsende
norsende

In my opinion, the perfect smelling scent for Spring and Summer.

It's just so fresh and overall nice, and Jude Law is great in that mediterranean ad photo, reminds me of that scenery every time I smell this.

It's different from Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport in that it does not have the spices of Chanel, but instead it is more floral, and in my opinion the scent side is a bit better. And it lasts a nice 4 to 8 hours on my skin which is decent enough for a Summer day out.

The only gripe I have with this, is its sillage. After 5-10 minutes of spraying it on my arm, it moves closer to the skin than any other scent I've tried yet. If only it was better, I would use this and only this for the whole Spring/Summer/start of Autumn period...

Scent 10/10
Longevity 6/10
Sillage 2/10

Marciu

I have to say, that talking about longevity, the DHC 2013 beats the Chanel AHSCS all the way!

Chanel's Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport seems to be more sharp and seems to project better. I really like the spices in it.

This beauty seems to be more rounded, less sharp on my skin. It projects a little less than Chanel's cologne. BUT it adds something new to the lemon and sport fragrances. I really feel the flower accent! What I feel is like I'm in a citrus garden or something like that, no joke guys and girls! The lemon trees have blossoms, awesome smell! And it lasts solid 8-10 hours on me which is a perfect score for a citrus sport-kind of fragrance.

Really good job Mr Demachy!

orestes

After the dry down this fragrance smells like thierry mugler cologne,very similar fragrances

BenBnBe
BenBnBe

It's fantastic!!!Very clean,very citrus!!I very very love it,its very good,i love it.................super for summer!!I looove iiiit!

bobi_hair
bobi_hair

I`ve just tried Dior Homme cologne 2013 on my skin and I`m really surprized ...it smells very sopfisticated , clean and musky ..i like it :) By the way I also like Dolche&GABBANA Light Blue for women it reminds me to DIOR homme cologne :)) great smells!

Marciu

It reminds me of two fragrances. It's simillar (and different in the same time) to Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport and Dior Homme Sport 2008.

I think that it's more comparable to Chanel's perfume. However, it seems to be weaker. To my nose, it's not! Allure HS Cologne is a sharp lemon with detectable spices in it. Dior Homme Cologne 2013 is milder, I guess it's because of the grapefruit's blossom. I would say, that Chanel has a little bit better sillage. But only a little bit on my skin. Longevity in both is very good - about 8 hours.

Dior Homme Sport 2008 opens up very lemony. Its opening and Dior Homme Cologne's 2013 opening are comparable, I would say. A blast of citruses. But then they are way different from each other. In DHS 08 we have that outstanding citrus-ginger mix. And in Cologne 13 I personally feel a kind of flowery accent added. It's still a citrus scent, but with a hint of flowers. Smells a little bit like a fresh laundry(in a good meaning of course). This is also an outstanding smell!

All in all Dior Homme Cologne 2013 a perfect choice for summer!

akio
akio

I don't like this one at all. Bottle design is beautiful, their ad campaign is beautiful, the color, Jude law... but the fragrance. I think I'd hoped too much(because of ad campaign) and this version didn't give me a Wow. I've known and smelt real grapefruit blossom for a long time but it's not like blossom in dior cologne. Calabrian bergamot is fresh, and I love it. It reminds me of drinking Nestea's iced tea. But it disappeared after a few seconds.
I don't love it but I think it's acceptable for Dior Homme's fans.
And Dior, please listen to your customers and bring back some great fragrances like Dior Homme 2005 or Miss Dior Cherie 2005. Thank you!

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Icy, sweet citrus.

Not the kind of "lazy" citrus you get in most fresh summer scents, the bergamot smells very punchy, sharp, and refined to me.
The flowers come to complete this beautiful yet simplistic composition.
The musk comes in after like 2 hours. It's barely noticeable though.

Decent longevity (I got 6 hours), sillage is really soft : close to skin after the first minutes. Good point is that it's refreshing without being overwhelming. Perfect for the office.

A nice clean and simple fragrance that should be nice for summer, but seems to be a bit overpriced for what it is (90 Euros here). The bottle looks amazing. Unisex ? Certainly.

Overall I like it, a truly nice citrus.

malinkin
malinkin

I like this perfume, but I thinks it isn't really suitable for a man. I would prefer to smell it on woman.
I think it's too citrucy and reminds me of Portofino (from Escales series in Dior).

Giv1952

the Grapefruit blossom note is heaven, the dry down is unique

ryan.oconnor.7161
ryan.oconnor.7161

Unisex, but I like it very much. After half an hour it smells of white musk and vague citrus for a long time, and the power is only in the first 30 minutes. Actually I think I must be a little analsmic to the musks they use because I hardly smell anything, although my girlfriend says my skin smells nice. But I still like it. It smells like lemon and lime.

johnble
johnble

3 hours later it is absolutely the same as d&g light blue for women...not a real man's frag.mostly unisex

Marciu

The more I wear it, the more I like it and actually I think I'm starting to love it.

It reminds me of one more fragrance - Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne. But this one is more subtle, maybe a little bit lighter. Allure Sport Cologne is sharper.

Of course the main note here is lemon. Fresh squeezed lemon juice, that's what I feel after application on my skin. It's refreshing and actually, once when I used it in winter, I also got that fresh feeling. So you can easily use it whole year long.

In my first review I said very good, now - I'm saying perfect!

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

Tremendo fracaso, así se podría resumir mi experiencia.

Esperaba otra cosa.
Después de tener TODAS las vesiones de Dior Homme, con esta he tenido una desagradable sorpresa.

Si ya existe la versión SPORT, para qué tener esta ?

Es demasiado similar a la versión sport, algo menos amarga, pero básicamente la misma.

No logro encontrarle parecido la la versión clásica. Esta nueva es demasiado cítrica y suave como para poder compararla. PREFIERO LA VERSION COLOGNE ANTIGUA.

La duración es pésima, apenas 2 horas y desaparece completamente.

En resumidas cuentas ; parece que Dior no sabe como ahorrar en sus perfumes y en sus perfumistas.

referbg
referbg

For me this one is a very fresh lemony scent. It reminds me fresh made lemonade. I adore lemon scents but fresh ones, like this. I don't like heavy lemons like YSL Pour Homme. This cologne reminds me Chanel Allure Edition Blanch, but it's not so creamy, more transparent lemon. Longevity and sillage are fine for a summer citrus scent, but don't expect miracles.

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

Pros: Nice bottle, fresh bergamotte dominates 1 hour.

Cons: way to expensiv. For me this one is a more ordinary Cologne that you can find much cheaper on other several brands (ACQUA cologne Vetyver & Bergamot by 4711). Musky drydown is a love or hate experience as it smells more earthy.
Sillage is poor and longevity OKAY.

I think bergamotto di calabria by acqua di parma does a much better job in that category. Thierry Mugler Cologne is a very nice pick too, but more flowery. Compare it yourself.

overall average 4 out of 10

Sofy888

This cologne is a reflection of our time and is characterized by simplicity, naturalness and sophistication.

Stoycho

Absolutely in love scent!

Marciu

I'm still testing this one, but I can surely say I love it.

When I read the notes, I thought to myself: what a simplistic composition! Will it work? And I have to say, yes it did work!

This fragrance really reminds me of good old Dior Homme Sport 2008. It's very citrusy with a floral accent - yes, I can feel the grepefruit blossom here! At the end it's getting a bit warmer, but only a little bit, I think it's because of the musk.

The longevity is very good - it's a cologne and I get 8 hours with it. Sillage and projection are also better, comparing to the "standard" cologne concentration.

It is far better than Dior Homme Sport 2012 - I can say it without a doubt.

Very, very good!

careless86
careless86

i thik it smells like dior homme sport without iris & ginger, also it does not last long :(
however , it's good perfume for summer

Deefit
Deefit

It's like the original Dior Homme Sport, but I like this one better! Need to wear it sometime, to give a good review.

marioslg3
marioslg3

Very close to Allure homme sport cologne indeed...80% of this plus 20% of the original dior homme sport and you get this. The sillage longevity of Allure is very good and does project like an EDT. definitely, if you have AHSC you do not need this, but if you have dior homme sport, this is different.
The main difference between dior and allure is the fir note that takes Allure into a more woody/spicy way....but the two perfumes are twin brothers.
I prefer AHSC my self

fazilsmr
fazilsmr

This one smells good and very fresh. It reminds me of Chanel Cologne Sport and Armani Code Sport Athlete. Lasting power around 8 hours and pretty good for a cologne. This one should be named Dior Sport rather than Dior sport 2012 as the scent is very classy and sophisticated. But both are good fragrances..now a battle between Francois Demachy and Jacques Polge..

ravjan
ravjan

The first scent in the Dior Homme range which doesn't put me off, what's more - I find it lovely! No connection with the original whatsoever (and thank God for it!) Instead quality citruses that are not reminiscent of air resfreshers. A really simple, unobtrusive, crisp summer cologne in a fabulous bottle. A big thumb-up! Btw, it does bear similarity to Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne but it lacks Chanel's cologne's herbal note.

yume9
yume9

Well, it seems to me that I'm becoming a minimalism fan. That is really good - fine raw materials, measured proportions. Fresh, simple, clean, airy.
No connection to other Dior Homme editions, but that's ok for me.
Develops beautifully on proper skin - I suggest that the warmer is better in this case.
Never too citrusy, never overwhelming, but has surprising longevity. 9/10 if you are the right canvas for it and if you like this type of perfume.

vdxl
vdxl

A fragrance very close to the new version of Dior Homme Sport (2012), maybe more citrus and less ginger. It does last, it smells good, but Sport was enough. Vintage Dior Homme EDT was marvellous, and Eau Sauvage Parfum is also a masterpiece with cologne notes, floral absolutes and amber. A meh release I could say...

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

This is really a cologne: fresh, clear and not to heavy. At the first spray I could feel the Grapefruit blossom and the bergamot. You know, for a Cologne, the longevity is strong with this one, stayed on my skin for more than 8 hours.
I am actually having a hard time in which one to pick for summer this year: Dior Homme Cologne 2013 or CK One Summer 2013?
Anyway this is a great arrival to the market, a 8/10 in my book.

Stoycho

Very classy, sophisticated. I smelled yesterday! I love this one ! ;)

aliks
aliks

I tried it yesterday with high hopes but was a bit disappointed : very aggressive citrus cologne at first spray. It reminds me of the first version of the Dior Homme Sport, if you remember, before they added the iris, and without the ginger. On the drydown, it smells much better and tends to smell a bit like Chanel Allure Cologne. It really is a cologne actually, and I think I will have to try it again on warmer days to check whether it does not have a totally different aspect under such conditions. I will therefore wait until April or may to give it a second try.

The bottle is very nice and classy.

I really don't understand why they did not continue the first version of their cologne which was really good in my opinion, and wearable on all seasons and all circumstances, keeping the originality of the EDT version, only a little lighter, and easy for summer.

Edit August 2013 : tested under hot summer weather, I have to reconsider my first review and admit it is perfect as a refreshing and energetic perfume in summer.

Sofy888

Oh people! I never could have thought that perfume I've been seeking so long is a MEN's perfume!!! I just adore it - fresh citrus notes just perfect for me! Actually, I would call it unisex! Looove it))

Trobador
Trobador

Nice!!! Dior has they own individual base in ALL their fragrances!!! And it's awesome!!! Independently, is it Dior Homme new, Dior Homme Sport old or new, Doir Homme Intense old or new...base (not base notes) is the same!! Cool ;^) I don't know what is it, but it's characteristic feature of Francois Demachy, it's his signature!

antonpan
antonpan

Tried this one today. Nice, though nothing new. Dior Homme Cologne is a light modern citrusy cologne. I feel citruses (a tangerine type) on a soft (like a cotton fabric!) musky base. Reminds of Dior Homme Sport without ginger or twice less strong Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport. No connections with old Dior Homme Cologne.

Dior Homme Cologne 2013 by Christian Dior 4.36 out of 5 based on 656 ratings and 156 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dior Homme Cologne 2013 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dior Homme Cologne 2013, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Homme Cologne 2013 by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Homme Cologne 2013 by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.