Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Dior Homme Eau for Men Christian Dior for men
dislike

I have it: 678 I had it: 126 I want it: 464 My signature: 25

Dior Homme Eau for Men Christian Dior for men Videos
Dior Homme Eau for Men Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Eau for Men Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Eau for Men Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Eau for Men Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Eau for Men Christian Dior for men Pictures

Dior Homme Eau for Men premiered at Macy's as a new, fresh version with characteristic sophisticated signature that all fragrances of the popular Dior Homme collection contain. "Prominent and refined, magnetic attractive and charismatic, Dior Homme Eau for Men was created for the man who has 100 lives to live. His motto is the popular quote by James Dean: Dream like you’ll live forever. Live like you’ll die today. "

Top notes of the Dior fragrance for men offer a sophisticated blend of freshness of Moroccan grapefruit and Calabrian bergamot mixed with spicy aromatic Crimean coriander. The heart of the composition develops on elegant way and the extremely sexy Tuscan iris is accompanied by warm trail of wood in the base. Warm shades of soft amber highlight the expressive Virginian cedar which shows all its strength in the finish of the composition.

Dior Homme Eau for Men is signed by perfumer Francois Demachy who states: "Dior Homme avoids every masculine cliche. It explores new masculine characteristics, directly and in more complex way. " The new fragrance arrives as an olfactive lesson of the modern elegance!

DIOR HOMME EAU FOR MEN arrives in characteristic glass flacons just like previous editions of the Dior Homme collection in the amount of 50 and 100ml Eau de Toilette. The perfume can be purchased at as 50ml EDT and 100ml EDT.

Face of the new Dior fragrance is actor Robert Pattinson making his appearance in advertising photos and in video clip: photographer of the campaign is Nan Goldin, while the video clip was directed by Romain Gavras, son of the famous Greek director Coste Gavrasa. The song used in the advertising clip for the new Dior fragrance is Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin. Dior Homme Eau for Men was launched in 2014.

Grapefruit Calabrian bergamot Coriander

Bora Bora for Men

Dior Homme Eau for Men Fragrance Reviews

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

سلام .این عطر شبیه دیور هوم اصلی که کمی خنک وفلفلی شده عطربسیارخوشبو وابرومندیه با پخش و ماندگاری قابل قبول.اینه اضافه کنم که خنکی عطر زیاد نیست و تاحدودی بدردفضای رسمی میخوره.

nelsongil13
nelsongil13

"And while I wait I put on my perfume, yeah I want it all over you
I gotta mark my territory "
Britney Spears

We are in the presence of one of the most delicate and tender fragrances of the last years, that can be perceived until by this server, who is a rookie in this world, and if I manage to detect 3 notes in a perfume is a MIRACLE.

"THIS FRAGRANCE WILL MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE".

WHAT A PERFUME!

Some similarity to Fierce of A&F. and I notice that in this forum some of you guys mentioned this fact. (So it was not just my imagination).

The sweet sensation smells quite like Lacoste pour Homme (I own it) especially in the final phase.

It is an EXPLOSION OF IRIS, dusty, nasal, extremely dry, where the exaggeration has been an amazing Commitment.

I do not smell lipstick, but a little Make up vibe like this coming from my wife's purse, but that does not do anything feminine. (I have no objection of gender in the aromas).

Slightly sweet, citrus tender, very pleasant odor to fine wood, and "rice" dust.

At the end i perceive cedar, but here it loses a little the "luxury" of its first phases and becomes something like a common perfume.

Longevity is moderate, and like my partner @ Charlieq08 l feel it does not project much. Olfactory fatigue? Could be as stated my partner @shavenonthedarkside.

I recommend trying this marvel, at any time of the day, fall and spring, it is romantic, elegant and even for business use.

The truth that I loved this flanker, and I want to finish with a few words from a partner of the Spanish forum named @jimblue "Well, what brother joined the Dior Homme family !!! ..."

9.5 / 10

The following is a mini inquiry about IRIS ... "It is one of the most expensive raw materials of perfumery. Iris flowers usually have a very pleasant aroma, however, in perfumery is used its root.

charlieq08
charlieq08

I bought this two days ago. it is definitely addictive, (in a good way). I haven't tried the originals from the Dior Home line, but this smells delicious. A little sweet, some citrus, and that amazing smell of old woods, or that women's purse lipstick smell. So far, I have the perception that projection is not very good, but I love it.

shavenonthedarkside
shavenonthedarkside

Aromatic, iris, citrus, with a sprinkle of woods to put some balls on this one.

Unisex but gets compliments. Critics say it does not project. BEWARE, because olfactory fatigue can be high with this one. Very easy to get caught up over spraying. Not a beast, but very aromatic. The whafts from breezes and heat carries this composition well. People smell it when you don't. You think it's sitting close to the skin when it's projecting. Strange, but good!

8.5/10

Review coming soon

YT shavenonthedarkside

remy.cullen.5

The beauty of this fragrances makes me want to write another review. Both a man and a woman can pull this off, but it is not the fragrance that is unisex, it is the attitude of the wearer that makes it classy, sexy, sporty or whatever you want it to be. It is the richness of the iris and nobility of amber that make it my first thought when I look at my fragrance shelf and it is the fragrance that makes me want to dress up in the morning accordingly to it. It is not the manliest of fragrances - it is sensual, and classy, but for the days when I need something stronger and rougher, I spray over it The Merchant of Venice's Black Pepper, and it turns into what I can wear as a lawyer, but is not refined enough for a lecturer in a university. That way, I can wear it with a black suit, not only blue ones and it is the darkness of Black Pepper that gives a totally different perspective of it.
Eau is just breathtakingly beautiful fragrance that I feel lucky to have gotten my hands on before its gone off the market.
Lasts for 16h and projects enormeusly, a girl said that two sprayes in the classroom were overbearing

HusseinR
HusseinR

I wish I could feel Iris up to the base notes!

TonyAKAMrClean
TonyAKAMrClean

My signature scent for years has been Liz Claiborne's Bora Bora. If ever there were a scent that I would define as a higher quality Bora Bora, this would be it. I'm sure someone will hate that I said that, but it's true. (If you don't believe me, compare the notes!)

I purchased a .33 fl oz bottle of this on eBay for $6 and now that I've smelled it, I don't know if I'll be able to keep myself from buying a full bottle. Not that I need it, but I definitely WANT it. For times when my signature scent just isn't ritzy enough...

Also, the iris. Love the iris.

Aside from scent quality, the main difference between this and Bora Bora is the evolution of the scent throughout the day. Bora Bora's brightness fades to give way to its leather. This on the other hand, evolves and becomes more smoky-sweet, masculine, and complex as it dries down. The scent almost has the texture of nutmeg or cacao at times, but the iris sticks around to hold the scent together.

Love. That. Iris.

I think I've just talked myself into buying a full bottle... a 5oz bottle, to be precise!

SniffSniff83
SniffSniff83

Makes me think of the song 'Smooth Operator' by Sade. It's relaxing but not boring. I could go on...

narigudo
narigudo

the fragrance is very beautiful, delicate , almost unisex in my opinion. i agree with those that consider this very close to the original dior homme but with less power. it is a very romantic perfume. unfortunately , dior eau is too much dry to my taste. there is no creamy note to give me comfort. projection is good at the beginning ,turning into a skin scent after couple hours. duration is very good.

Ky1227
Ky1227

I am excited to finally do a review for this stuff. I enjoy all of the Dior Homme Line and this is no exception. This fragrance might have my favorite opening of all time. I'm sure most people would disagree with that statement but I really do feel that way. It reminds me of a book. Not a new book, but an old library book at a university. It has that old, almost dusty paper smell but with very clean iris, woods and citrus notes. I find it to be one of the sexiest scents my nose has ever come across. Makes me feel like a sexy English professor or something. Unfortunately when it dries down, while I still love it, reminds me of a middle schooler from 2004, and that is because this reminds me of Abercrombie's Fierce. I don't think it's a bad scent, and I think DH Eau does it much better than Fierce or Mont Blanc Legend, but it still just reminds me of that generic men's scent that never fails to choke you out when you walk past any of those teen clothing stores in the mall that are still stuck in the early 2000's.

That being said, I do still enjoy this and I wear it regularly. That Iris note certainly makes this fragrance more mature and it stands out among other scents like it. I also enjoy that lipstick vibe it shares with DH and DHI, but it is toned down on Eau.

An excellent waxy/woody versatile fragrance with one of my favorite openings ever. Ill give it an 8/10. My only qualm is that it reminds me of a mall.

vincent.meloche
vincent.meloche

Fresh scent. Long lasting at least on cloths.

Federicomurga
Federicomurga

Yes, its a limited edition its no even in the Dior Page for sale.

ayktdmrl

Is this going to be discontinued guys? Lady at the airport duty free said that it may be discontinued soon because there was new shipment since last year ?

DexDegeaut

Simply put, this is the best of the Dior Homme line. Perfect for spring, fall, or indoors during winter. Not a work scent. Definitely a date scent.

adamnor
adamnor

Wonderfull all season fragrance.
9/10 Overall
This can be versatile signature scent and prices are reasonable.

alex.pullinsky
alex.pullinsky

Here's what I'll say about this one, it's great innitially for the first hour or two but it lacks the longevity of the original DH. Also the dry down is not so interesting. For long lasting fragrances with great dry downs i prefer fragrances like original DH, YSL La Nuit, Midnight In Paris EDP, A*Men Pure Malt, and Bleu De Chanel EDP, Tom Ford Oud Wood.

remy.cullen.5

Dior Homme Eau is the apsolute best and only pleasant Dior Homme-y fragrance from the DH line (I find Cologne and Sport to be able to stand on their own). And what a fragrance it is! It combines all of my favorite notes! In the opening bergamot and grapefuit from Light Blue (but with dominant coriander, they are not that strong) and the warm, aromatic amber of The One, with iris, that gives it the DH soul. Iris, however, is not as unbearable as in original and Intense, it is made so nice and beautiful! A little feminine, but still so much manlier than the first 2, it leaves out the dryness and sweetness of the more famous DHs. Very elegant and youthful, it gets manlier after a few hours when the cedar comes up and finishes warm with a strong amber. Id recommend it for all seasons except for summer, the iris makes it too sweet for the heat. I had given up on Dior, and then I came upon this heavenly juice and now it is my signature for the winter. I fet 15 hours of it and 6 of those as a skin scent. There is a reason why it was honored by FIFI and I can only say it was justified. And Im not saying all this just because of my last name! :D

camposg
camposg

I like dior fragrances pre-formulations. I will admit when this came out I rejected it. Today after a wear I must say I will be purchasing a bottle soon. Out of the generic safe trendy BS scents today this cool blue looking warm weather bottle is a bit formal but classy might be a more appropriate word excellent crafted fragrance. I fell in love with this today. A lighter Dior Homme that can be worn anywhere during the day and DH at night for its full potential.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

This is a great scent that seems like it was made for autumn, not so light but not cloying like the Dior Hommes that came before it. When I wear this I feel as if I'm just not trying so hard like I do when I wear Dior's Homme, Guerlain's LIDGE and other mainstream scents that are nice but a little too stuffy for me.

As for longevity, I guess my skin just loves to hold fragrances a little longer than that of other reviewers. Does it radiate? I think it does, rather well.

SunnyYG

I absolutely loved this fragrance from the first test strip! I just walked around the store like an addict sniffing and practically wearing the strip like a white paper mustache! I love both the citrus and iris in the opening. Very enticing and fresh. It's more unisex than straight masculine. It does not scream "I am man! Feel my biceps! Choke on my overpowering tobacco!" Even in the dry down the iris carries over and the cedar and amber picks up. I don't detect much leather. It really gets better as it dries. It has a powdery scent. Silage is close to the body. Longevity is about 8 hours. This is an intimate fragrance for up close and personal contact and won't choke out coworkers or a partner. Definitely all year round. Citrus is great for warm weather.

SunnyYG

Got this today at Sephora when I should have shopped around. It was too enticing to leave in the store! A beautifully blended fragrance that gets better with the dry down. Citrus dominates at the opening making it feel in line with Coolwater and Versace Man Eau Fraiche. The beautiful iris quickly follows. Coriander, one of my favorite spice, a woodsy note and more iris are in the basenote. I smell no amber. Seductive is the best way to describe this.

Laurdess

Maybe my sniffer is broken, or I don't smell what you men do? I was in Macys today and this was sprayed on the man shopping in front of me. I immediately wanted to get closer to him because he smelled like heaven. I then remember the stalking laws in California and pulled back my inner crazy. This juice is yummy and should be called liquid stalking whore. That's what power it had on me. But then again so does three shots of Patron silver. I also don't stand around talking opening, or base notes with my girlfriends. We usually grade a man by if you showered or not. I guarantee this could get even the ugly dude of the bunch a second or third look.

joseph.holbrook
joseph.holbrook

Here's the thing, with anything great, you rarely have to convince yourself how much you like it; it just is. Do I convince myself how much I enjoy chocolate? No, chocolate is chocolate, and because it simply IS that good, it's widely bought and appreciated.

I bought this as a blind buy, and frankly, it wasn't a good one. It's not that it is terrible, because to some degree, it is a sophisticated aroma, it's just that it reminds me of a pine cone and something that's geared for a slightly older audience at first impression and I find myself having to search for reasons why I like it- rather than simply being "wowed." It's not Polo Blue, Versace Man, or Acqua di Gio; it's a "7 out of 10" cologne experience.

ayktdmrl

This is nothing more than a versatile version of dior homme. The characteristic iris note disappears within a short time, "Dior Homme Light" as Nero77 mentioned below. A nice spring summer fragrance though.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

At first I loved this due to the iris top note, but the more I wore it, the less I liked it. I ended up returning it after trying to convince myself that I liked it for almost 2 months. Wearing it started to feel like a chore, not a luxury. For the most part it's a cool, relaxed fragrance but has something lingering in it's presence that is shrill and shrieky. My main problem with it is how synthetic it smells. All the notes smell straight from a lab, not from nature and give it the feel of a fresh cleaning product like Windex.

nero77
nero77

Dior Homme Light...

So I've been wearing this one and have actually been enjoying it. It reminds me of a lighter and (at first) slightly generic version of Dior Homme. In other words, more like an imitation of Dior Homme than the real thing. I do like it though. This one has definitely grown on me. I find it very soothing and the fact that they weren't shy on using the iris here is a real bonus. I love iris in all forms so for me I really cannot call this a bad fragrance. I have never ever been disappointed in any of the Dior Homme line. I think this one is worth it if you like iris fragrances for men.

ameagari
ameagari

watered down DH; it exchanges the richness of the original for a bland generic-designer smell, which is tragic considering how amazingly unique the original smelled like. if you REALLY wanted to wear DH in the day time for hot climate, this would work just fine, but the DH cologne is so much better to wear (and better smelling, too). kind of pointless in my opinion, as adapting DH to a lighter format goes against the original purpose of the juice (yes I'm a salty DH fanboy!)

Fugal
Fugal

I'm not sure why this one never really caught on, it could be the long name, it could be the word 'eau,' it could be that this is the third fresh flanker in the aging Dior Homme line. Yes, this is probably the 'youngest' and most mass-appealing member of the DH lineup, but there is absolutely nothing juvenile about it and the large amount of iris separates it from anything else on the market.

For a fresh scent, the silage is quite strong, although never intrusive or harsh, and, on me, it lasts 8 hours minimum. It smells very natural, and I think the voted notes are accurate for this one.

There is something very familiar about the citrus opening, and about the wood-amber drydown, but they stay simple enough that they can't really be compared with anything else. The real kicker, of course, is the iris note that allows this to stand out. The scent is beautiful from start to finish, nothing difficult or complex, it's easy to wear and easy to appreciate (and definitely masculin).

Maybe conneseurs may be bored by the relative simplicity of this, or turned off by some of the more common notes, but I believe that anyone who enjoys iris will enjoy and wear. Some men are iffy about floral fragrances, but this one is a no-brainer!

enocg21
enocg21

One of my favorite scents in my collection. Love the opening on this. Performance is tricky on me. Sometimes I get about 6 hours which is good but at times I get about 3-4 hours. Other than that it's a great frag. A must if you are a fan of the Dior Homme line.

nemesisdrummer
nemesisdrummer

Scent 7/10

Projection 6/10

Longevity 7/10

I wasn't noticed, I didn't get a compliment

DexDegeaut

This is amazing juice. Exactly the flanker I wanted Dior to create when I first smelled Dior Homme. It retains that lovely iris note, while having a freshness that does well in the high heat of summer.

I live in southeast Florida, where the summers are very hot and very humid. In fact, we have sort of an "endless summer" vibe going here, so even fragrances suited for springtime wear sometimes have a tendency to spoil on the skin.

So while Dior Homme can be classified as an all year scent, Dior Homme Eau blows it out of the water. I'll never be without a bottle of this juice.

FlashAdler221

Dior did one thing wrong here. They attempted to ride the coat tails of Bleu de Chanel's popularity and success. They did one thing right though; they did it better! They took the grapefruit, acquatic freshness of BdC and put some Dior Homme DNA in the fragrance, giving it more personality. I got a compliment from this hott chick at school the other day. I had been wearing this fragrance for 12 hours and I didn't think it was working anymore. She told me that I smelled amazing.
This stuff is such a compliment getter. It's one of my safest, dumb reaches. I love it. A woman that I despise as a person once told me that I smelled "delicious." (She ain't getting a bite outta this though although I do thank her for the compliment.)
If Dior had come up with this prior to BdC then DHeFM would have been the champion of this grapefruit/aquatic genre. BdC is safe, clean, fresh and pleasant. DH Eau is all of those too but more sexy because of the lipstick iris. Keep your BdC. Gimme my DH Eau any day.

lemac
lemac

can no one else smell the similarities to dior sauvage ?def has the same DNA not that thats a bad thing for me love both

THE FOUR 1111

Update: So excited it's summer again and can start wearing this again. I get complimented a lot with this juice. And I love it personally. Sometimes you can get tired or bored of something after a while but this just keeps getting better for me. Plus it's a good performer as far as longevity and projection is concerned.
Still in my top 3
Still 9/10 stars.

Ozymandias86
Ozymandias86

I really love this one. A lot. Enough to move to my top 5, without regard or remorse. Bam!

Maxvonembs
Maxvonembs

UPDATE: After six solid weeks of wearing, Eau continues to impress me. It lasts a long time on my skin, the dry down is one of the best in the entire modern Dior line, powdery, slightly citric, woody, LOVELY! Give the fragrance a good 20 minutes to settle before forming an opinion. The initial spritz is quite potent.

My bottle is batch: 5N01 produced in Jan. 2015

Original Review:

EXCELLENT, Excellent fragrance, a lovely take on the Dior Homme line. I like it as well as DH,DHI or DHP.

This begins with a blast of clean iris on a background of powdery bergamot and cilantro with a wisp of woody notes. As three or four hours pass, the iris grows softer and the powdery woody notes develop. The fragrance is now at full bloom where it resides for about eight hours on my skin.

So very clean, so fresh. I do not get the A&F Fierce comparisons or the Mont Blanc Legend. This is so much better and in a different olfactory league than either. Serious thought went into this fragrance balancing the iris out with the other notes, and I must say it works quite well.

This is one lovely fragrance good for anytime, but it seems most appropriate for warmer weather.

I have seen comparisons to Bleu de Chanel, which I also love. The fragrances are not similar at all to my nose, maybe the powdery aspect found in BDC edp, but just slightly. Is Dior Homme Eau, better? Initially I thought it was a toss up, however after 6 weeks of comparing, Dior Eau takes the lead by a substantial margin. It is simply better to my nose.

Dior Homme Eau is very underrated, VERY. it is an excellent fragrance from start to finish, period. I love it. 150 ml. for 60 quid on flea bay. This fragrance will be discontinued in a few years and the prices will soar. It is truly that good.

9/10 overall.

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

ressemble bien au Dior homme ou le Dior homme sport, sauf que ce dernier est bien plus pour été, une sensation de fraicheur accentue son aspect d'origine, des notes citronné et a la fois ambré et avec le fameux bois de cèdre en notes qui vient se rebeller parmi les notes...
Bref. c'est pour l'été

josevancouver

I'm wearing Dior Homme Eau as the sun is out and Spring temperatures are nice and warm. This is my signature fragrance for the Spring. If you love Dior Homme but want a bit of a 'fresh' element to it that works better in warmer temperatures, this it. I actually think I could wear this all-year long, but prefer Dior Homme in the Fall and DHI in the colder months.

Francoparfum
Francoparfum

Seductive, powdery, sour, smooth and tart lipstick. Pretty nice.
Score: 89%
Proverbs 27:9

freewheelingvagabond
freewheelingvagabond

Once we get past the imbecilic name, this one opens with some citrusy freshness on skin, with the iris lurking. A note of coriander is listed, though nothing in it smells like coriander. The iris is the most prominent note, though a lot subdued than in Dior Homme. This is blended together with some remarkably dull faux-aquatic freshness. The base is powdery cedar, and burdened with unpleasant memories of that chemical-fresh accord.

Average projection and tenacity on skin.

Precariously standing on the shoulder of giants (Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense).

2/5 (negative)

jingram212
jingram212

I let this one fly under the radar for sometime now. Finally pulled the trigger on this and of course Dior has proven to me why they've been one of my favorite houses for years.

This has the initial blast of iris of course... *Makeup smell* This is dior haha, but it fades away not long after. Soon after is when this stuff starts to do its magic. This has took the feminine side out dior homme and replaced it with citrus powdery dry down that is awesome. I can get small whiffs of the iris in the drydown.. It's like it leaves and checks back in and lets you know it's still lingering around then it will just check out. This can be worn anytime anyplace no matter what time of year. I've worn this for about 3 weeks from 85-25 degrees. It performs better in the heat but it surprised me how well it did in the cold. This bad boy is an attention getter and compliment getter forsure, had over 10 people notice this in just the few weeks I've had it. It last 8 hours easy on me. For the price this sells for you cannot go wrong with adding this one to the collection. I purchased a 150ml for like $50.00 on the bay and it's Worth every penny and more! This could easly become someone's signature scent due to it's versatility. I don't think this will offend anyone around you... Actually they may lean in alittle closer to you which could surprise you on certain occasions so beware if you find yourself in an odd/unusual circumstance... Hahahaha

As long as the flankers in the Dior line keep impressing... I will keep buying no matter if the opening of them all kinda smell the same. It's the drydown that matters anyway. Thanks again Dior for making my nose and the ones around me so Damn Happy!!

10/10 Due to the Price/Smell/Versatility And Performance.

I Highly Recommend this... Don't let the Dior backbone pull you away from this one. Give it shot im sure you'll be glad you did!

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Why do I love the Dior Homme line so much? The distinct Iris note. My second favorite note, Iris. Dior Homme Eau is a mix between his older brothers Dior Homme and Dior Homme cologne. The Iris is there with more citrus added to it. I find it to be refreshing and perfect for daytime wear. I will be using it during this summer.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I've been on the fence considering to buy Dior Homme Eau for Men. After several tries, yes the signature aroma of iris and powdery vib is part of this flankers make-up. There is a hint of spicy/woodsy blend forming this fragrance. What I really feel that separates this juice from Dior Homme is that this juice has a real aquatic center balancing the floral notes with the spicy/woodsy notes.
Longevity and Silage is expected that it is eau which tend to be average 5hrs.
Finally,
A real attractive fresh airy/powdery fragrance perfect during the spring throughout the summer months. This fragrance isn't anything that will WOW anyone but you might have someone asking you what your wearing..it smells good. It's happened to me 3x. 7/10

bigbz
bigbz

I've had my bottle of Eau for nearly two months now and am beginning to think this is a "love" for me the more I wear it.

I've never tried original Dior Homme, so can't compare. I have owned DHI(twice actually), but have never understood it's fanatical following and amount of praise that is heaped on it....was merely "meh" at best for me.:/

But this composition is absolutely lovely!!!(not to mention versatile) I'm not a big fan of florals or powdery scents at all, but the blend of these elements is true mastery. I detect the iris easily, but it's so well tempered here with the spicy/powder and wood. So unique smelling for a designer(thanks to it's 2005 forebearer creation from Polge I'm sure)but instantly likeable and fun with a slight seductive side.

Terrific longevity and sillage on me without ever being heavy or bothersome to you and those around you. It just kind of envelopes the wearing in this light and airy floral, spicy, powdery, woody mix that radiates from a surprising distance.(compliment from my GF 6hrs after applying 3 sprays from 6ft) Yeah, this juice is a real winner in my book. Bien joue' Monsieur Demachy!

10/06/2016 update....
Man, this juice pulls in compliments! It's pretty rare that I get any compliments at all with a fragrance, but this one always seems to garner one nearly everytime I wear it. Longevity is outstanding too, lasts forever on me!

keatm49
keatm49

This is a perfect scent it didn't win the fifi award for nothing they took the original Dior homme DNA and made it suitable for warmer weather this scent is elegant and sexy definatley my signature from now on 10/10

Edit: I don't know why my bottle only lasts 1.5 hours on me when samples last 6 the scent is the best I've ever smelled I just can't stand the performance I hope this wasn't reformulated in only 2 years

alxkwst1996
alxkwst1996

This one is such an underrated fragrance. I'll admit that it's not as good as its predecessor, Dior Homme, but I find Dior Homme Eau a little bit more versatile. Some people found the iris note a bit too heavy in the original. I consider this one to be a lighter version of Dior Homme with more of a fresh twist to it. Perfectly wearable during the warmer months.

Scent: 8 / 10
Projection: 7 / 10
Longevity: 7.5 / 10

cadilo
cadilo

Amazing smell -- yes the iris note is present but I think the citrusy notes dominate more.

All I have to do now is wait for Spring to arrive so I can wear this gem!

steve1991
steve1991

Third favorite from the Hommes, good performance and wonderful scent. Enjoy Intense and Sport bit more.

Ewalk81

I don't care what anybody has to say. This fragrance is awesome!! You can wear this all year round in my opinion. I believe the fragrance community has become very stuck up over the years. Like c'mon folks granted some niche smells good, but a lot of that stuff smells like blah. Let's not forget where we started.

matthewapotter
matthewapotter

This is pretty accurately named - it's a light version of Dior Homme with a more generic, woodsy base. This is definitely more traditionally masculine and - I think - probably easier for the average guy to pull off. Prior to this release I've never been able to fully appreciate Dior Homme - the iris was just too strong and off putting to me. Eau served as sort of a "gateway drug" for me..after a few wearings I started to really love and crave that lipstick accord..so much so that Dior Homme is now one of my favorite scents. Will continue to wear this on hot summer days when Homme is too oppressive.

lou6
lou6

This fragrance means luxury, where ever you go. Nice iris/powdery with grapefruit and bergamot are the notes that I picked. Yes it has a lipstick vibe in a good way.
I can smell this fragrance over 8 to 10 hours and longer on the collar of my shirt.
This can be easily a year round fragrance, but I think it will fit more the spring and summer night because of the citrusy notes. Good projection
perfect for an office scent, night out and clubbing.
This can be a complement getter but not from the younger crowd. It fit more the 35 years old and up
so 8/10

twlahue

It is the smell of the Mall, in a good way...

It starts off with an Iris blast...smells like the makeup counters and expensive purse stores in the mall

Moves to a masculine woodsy note...not unlike the scent that pours out of Abercrombie and Fitch

Ends up with a sweet, almost powdery vanilla...similar to the scent that comes from Cinnabon and Aunt Annies pretzels.

magicman4130
magicman4130

I'm starting to arrive at the conclusion that I have to take the reviews here and the like,love, and dislike charts half serious. I think that people tend to forget how to like or dislike a fragrance because they're caught up in their own opinion of a fragrance which has been swayed heavily by the cost and by how its viewed by others. If it's not heavy on the oud, or tobacco, or smokey-woodsy-musky man, man, man it gets crappy reviews/dislikes. For me, if it smells good, the ladies like it,and it has performance then its a hit. This Eau by Dior does all of that. 8.5 out 10 for me! Has the lipstick/wax vibe that initially turned me off but now i like it alot. It sort of takes that chemical cologne smell out and gives it a more natural smell.

jacked 24/7
jacked 24/7

I've heard good things about the Dior homme line so I ordered DHI online and am waiting on it to arrive. But yesterday I decided to stop by the BX here on base and sample some sort of Dior homme, only one they had was the eau. At approximately 1pm I sprayed 2 small sprays on my left wrist. So I went on about my day and continued to get whiffs of it and it smells great! Its a different type of masculine that's sorta feminine I know that sounds weird but its a good thing. And I cant tell you what it smells like because I have no idea. I'm writing you this review because of its stellar performance and great smell. I went to the gym that evening, still could smell it.. And Later that night it was still there, though faint it was noticeable. (no I didn't shower, yes I'm a dirty boy) went to bed around 12 pm and woke up at 6 and here I am writing this review because I still smell it on my wrist and im sure its on my sweatshirt strong. That's about 17 hours on skin. Most colognes these days last couple hours then calls it quits.. This is great stuff, don't be turned off because it may be a bit feminine. Like its description above, its a different twist on masculine but that's fine to me. Smells amazing, performance is amazing. You should definitely try.

Nba2423
Nba2423

Im mind boggled at how many people hate this..This stuff smells incredible! This is like Bleu de chanel on steroids. This is like the niche version of Bleu de chanel. Smells amazing, masuline, very unique, very versatile and sexy as hell. This just takes a dump on bleu de chanel edt or edp...much more complex, much more pleasant, much more rich smelling, better quality, sexier, and projects/lasts MUCH longer.

9/10 easily.

Nefertem Ambrosia
Nefertem Ambrosia

I am bias when it comes to the entire CD Homme line, because my experience tells me that CD is by far the best in quality ingredients and originality in style that can be found from a large scale design house.

Forget your associations, which may be limited by experience. Much has already been said about the distinguished, refined and comforting Iris note which shapes this masterpiece, and all of the top flankers that have followed. Iris is the heart of the CD Homme line. Iris is not feminine or masculine it is a plant, but if you are not secure in your sexuality then this might be to original for you.

Temperature range/seasonal rotation is very important to consider for the entire Christian Dior Homme line. Temperature should always be an important consideration when choosing a fragrance. This is especially true for fragrances that are not synthetic or artificial. The more natural the ingrediatent, the more the notes respond to the natural environment.

The house of CD has considered all the seasons an given us the perfect attire for each temperature range. The following is for OPTIMAL experience of all the top, middle and bottom notes in this composition.

Temp Scale:
CD Homme Parfum 0-59 F (Winter Nights or Formal)
CD Homme 60-75 F
CD Homme EAU 75-90 F
CD Homme Sport 90-100 F

If you are in a temp controlled environment all day, you should consider the median temp. and go from there. A heavily air conditioned office will allow you to use CD Homme EAU year around with no problems- when you step outside is another story, because you may not smell it in colder temps or it may be glarring in extreme heat.

Who Will Wear This?:
Dior Homme EAU exudes refinement while providing a relaxed confidence that is ready for exectuives, polished casual settings and thoose seeking an intriguiging, but unubtrusive scent. This will ONLY be confused for another fragrance in the CD Homme line and that is a VERY good thing for those who take pride in being an individual.

Compliments:
This will gather more compliments than the father CD Homme, because it dries down to a more traditional woods type of fragrance, but maintains a sensual vibe of vanilla. The Iris is there in the opening and you will always run the risk of a persons limited association. Some may say CD Homme EAU is feminine, because the average member of society is marketed to believe what a man or woman should smell like instead of refining their own nose and senses.

Note scale comparison within the CD Homme line:

Quality- 10 out of 10
Value- 9 out of 10

groover
groover

Blind bought this today and was excited
to try it, sprayd it on and my first thought
was, this smells like DHI without the darkness,
i was dissapointed it felt like a naked scent withot a base, but fortunatley the scent evolved into a more complete smell over the hours, right now 4 hours later
i get this amazing powdry citrus drydown, just when
i thought i had blindbought something totally crappy,
the beauty of DH eau reveals itself.

PersonalSpaceInvader
PersonalSpaceInvader

Christian Dior's Eau for Men is a very good scent, although I feel as if my body's chemistry may not be compatible with it 40% of the time.

Initially, as noted in other reviews, there is a powdery "lipstick" scent to EfM, iris cut with the bergamot and grapefruit. Not so soft that it's invisible, but not so overpowering that I was instantly turned off. In all honesty, I kind of dig that "lipstick" scent.

After about half an hour to an hour on my skin, the iris settles in with the cedar and develops into a very cozy floral-woodsy scent that I really enjoy when the weather's not too warm or too cold. There are quite a few sweaters in my closet that have held on to the scent a day after application.

Around the 4-hour mark, EfM fades to a pleasant skin scent that's more cedar than iris with a little bit of amber. Definitely not something that projects well or lasts long on my skin, so I carry an atomizer on me when I want to keep the smell going throughout my work day.

This is a fantastic work scent as it's not too cloying or powerful. I like to spray it on after my post-work shower as well to "season" my loungewear. It's nothing groundbreaking or masterfully crafted, but it's definitely not something to turn your nose up at. A comfortable scent with fair performance.

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

This is a great fragrance. I like this scent for the Fall and early winter. Right off the top, I get iris and coriander along with a sweet smell like sugar. It fades into a nice amber and wood scent. The performance on this scent is outstanding.

BriantheFragranceNewb
BriantheFragranceNewb

This is a solid fragrance for me. Initially, I pick up mostly the iris, citrus, a little coriander, and amber. After a couple hours, it dries down to primarily iris, amber, and wood. Performance seems pretty moderate on my skin.

josevancouver

I'm reading some of the reviews of Dior Homme Eau and have a smile on my face. When this first came out, feedback was lukewarm. Some said it wasn't original...some said it was an unnecessary flanker.

When I first bought a bottle last year, I didn't care about originality or flanker issues. I bought it because it smelled great and was a different take on the Dior Homme DNA. I'm glad I gave it a chance, because it is a great fragrance - a masculine, sexy fresh version of Dior Homme!

jotalopez

Contrary to what I said before and after having used it during the last two weeks I just can say this is amazing! To me Dior Homme Eau for men is a brand new gourmand, fig-based fragrance (although fig is not mentioned in the composition) which is pretty different to the previous DH flankers. Although the opening notes are very similar to those in the original Dior Homme, the scent evolves into a more refined vanilla-based heart which somehow reminds me of sweet popcorn (in a very sophisticated way though). Both the scent and longevity are superb. And yes, it exudes class and sophistication. That being said I think I'll buy at least two more bottles, just in case!

Ewalk81

So I bought this fragrance from Sephora over the weekend. I am going to wear this for 3 weeks straight at work. Let's see how this does. Just a fyi, that's how I wear my fragrances at work at least.

pmclaughlin
pmclaughlin

I own DHI, DH, DHS, and Dior Homme Cologne and now Dior Homme Eau. To my surprise this is the one I wear the most due to its versatility and pleasant smell. It does not project or last as long as others maybe 4 hours. This is not a knock on the other aforementioned though. I love the whole line. This is a gorgeous scent and now my signature cologne!!

Telfo05
Telfo05

lovely. like a long lasting vanilla candle but more expensive

Hudzilla
Hudzilla

I purchased this fragrance as I wanted a new work scent (been using Boss Bottled for years) something non offensive or overbearing for people around.
Contrary to a lot of the reviews here I'm getting beast performance from this gem, my wife dropped me off at the train station one morning, then picked her coworker up a good 30 mins after and her coworker smelt my scent straight away.

On my skin this also last a good 7-10 hours, still projecting to arms length.

Fantastically done, fresher, more masculine version of Dior Homme great for formal, everyday wear will be wearing this to the office for a long time to come

MostafaGh
MostafaGh

I haven't smelt something that good in a long time!! This fragrance has what it takes to become my signatute scent (currently YSL L'homme).

I'm not a big fan of Dior homme line but this one is something else. At first, it smells a bit like DPH with a hint of citrus but the dry down is amazing and makes it much more wearable for eveyday use for office as it has that fresh energetic feel to it which you don't find in other Diors.

It also still keeps the rich & elegant feel you get from other Diors and with the exclusiveness of this fragrance, you will definetly stand out wearing it.

Rating: 9.5/10

our lee
our lee

Not a fragrance I considered buying, but one that I was happy to accept as a gift.

Eau for men is not in the same league as others in the homme line. Saying that, it is still a 'nice' fragrance, perfect for everyday use, for work, etc. (which perhaps DPH or intense may not be, for some).

Longevity and projection seem to be good, not too overbearing but enough to be noticed.

Overall, eau for men is probably the scent I will reach for on days when I just want 'blend' into the background, lazy days when I am not wanting to be noticed. And I probably will not be re-buying. Though I would be happy to receive as a gift again...!

EDIT: Upon wearing Eau for Men a few more times since my last review, I have concluded that I am in fact very happy with this scent and I would buy a FB for myself. And that I need to try out fragrances several more times before submitting my review!

S.Banks
S.Banks

Dior Homme, watered down with an aquatic vibe. Doesn't really smell bad, but they should've went another way if they were going to do another flanker. Dior Homme is not something I would've turned into an aquatic.

josevancouver

For all those who complain about Dior's lack of originality when they released Dior Homme Eau or the number of flankers to the Dior Homme line, all I can say is: give it a sniff.

This is a good fragrance that you could make a signature scent. It has the elements of Dior Homme I like, with a more mainstream appeal that non-fragrance 'experts' like.

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

This one is under "Like Status". Not bottle worthy to me, I'm just not a big fan of the Dior homme. I honestly don't see where all the hype comes from.... So many better choices to choose from. It's defiantly like they kept the original Dior in mind but made it more wearable for warm weather.

I'll have to pass on the hype train this time.....

Insomnia51
Insomnia51

This is such an underrated Fragrance. I'm really shocked that this fragrance get's overlooked. It's the few aquatic scents that has a Classy, elegant scent that will turn heads. I've gotten few compliments, but have been able to strike up more convos with ease. You can consider Dior Eau as your Wingman, cause it definitley does it's job. Longivity is kind of spotty. I've gotten 5-6 Hours, and on some days, 7-8 hours with a decent projection. I give this a 9.5/10 rating. Give this a try, and ask for samples if you can.

5228r
5228r

This is a very good perfume in its own world, the first time I used it because am not a fan of ear de toillete , I did not pay attention to it, but after a week of using it , I realized how good it was, smells good and last long, I always get compliment from people that never compliment me asking what am using , so I decided to mix it up with oud ispahan, what it did was to take both of them to another level, my friends that complain about oud ispahan that it's very potent are now telling me this is the best perfume they have smelt in a while that it's very unique.
All I can say is Dior is a power house every perfume or spray I have gotten from them sound like a well composed music.

JF Dufour
JF Dufour

Smell very good.
For me, it's like a mix of DH and Lacoste pour homme.
Long longevity (10 hours +) and moderate projection.

THE FOUR 1111

In my top 3 for sure. Love the way this smells. Some compliments. Never offensive. Good silage and great longevity, 8-10 hours. Reminds me of the smell of a fine mens tailor shop. The perfect suite and tie day at the office fragrance. Two thumbs up 9 out 10 stars.

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

This fragrance is dedicated to fans of the Dior Homme series .
if you love dior homme or intense version
And if you're interested Iris scent and finally
also if you want enjoy the smell of iris in summer , This perfume is ready to make you happy
so you can buy it even Without testing , only if you like dior homme series.
I promise you.

این عطرو به لطف دوست عزیزم سید امیرحسین احمدیان -ساحا ، گرفتم وتستش کردم و بسیار بسیار خوشحالم که با یکی دیگر از شاهکارهای عطرسازی آشنا شدم

همون طور که دوستای نزدیکم منو میشناسن
میدونن که عاشق بوی زنبق هستم و هرعطری که داخلش زنبق باشه
حتما تست یا خرید میکنم.ولی تنها برندی که میتونم بدون حتی تست کردن در مورد عطرهای حاوی زنبقش خرید کنم بدون شک دیور هست. یعنی طراح اقای فرانسوا دماکی انگار داره سری دیور هوم رو مختص من درست میکنه . بی نقص باکیفیت و خوش رایحه
جای هیچ گونه عذر و بهانه ای رو نمیزاره

---------------------------- وقتی رو پوستتون تست کنید ------------------------------
طبق سنت سری دیور هوم ، شما اول بوی زنبق رو متوجه خواهید شد به همراه وانیل و مقدار جزئی نت چوبی عطر حالتی پودری و شیرین داره ولی این شیرینی دلتون رو نمیزنه و بلعکس کاملا لذت بخشه و اشتها آور اینجاش شبیه به دیور هوم هست ولی من اینو بیشتر دوست دارم

بعد از حدود 10 دقیقه بوی دانه خشک شده گشنیز رو میتونید حس کنید که اینجا ترکیبش با نت های قبلی کار کاملا متفاوتی رو به وجود آورده اگر عطرهای حاوی بادام و وانیل رو بو کرده باشید
اونجا تلخی و شیرینی رو با هم دارید ولی در این عطر کفه ترازو کاملا به نفع شیرینی عطره
یعنی حدود 20 درصد تلخی خاصی رو به وجود میاره دانه خشک گشنیز و 80 درصد شیرینی وانیل و زنبق رو خواهیم داشت پس فکر نکنید با عطر تلخی طرف هستید . چون خیلی جزعی تلخی همانند بادام تلخ داره

سنگینی سری دیور های هوم و هوم اینتنس رو نداره و محدوده سنی 20 سال به بالا رو شامل میشه
فرقی که با اون دو عطر داره به شکلی هست که این عطر حالتی تمیز و باطراوت تری رو نسبت به دیور هوم داره و به خاطر همین میشه بدون هیچ نگرانی در کلیه فصول سال استفادش کرد.

یه مزیت ارزشمندی دیگش اینکه وقتی از این عطر استفاده کنید
در طول روز هم شما از بوی فوق العادش لذت میبرید و هم اطرافیان . با توجه به اینکه این عطر تقریبا خطی هست ولی تغییرات بسیار جزعی که در طول روز خواهد داشت باعث میشه شامه به رایحه عطر عادت نکنه و مدام بوش رو هر چند خطی ولی حس کنید

بعد از حدود 50 دقیقه بوی بسیار ضعیف کهربا هر چند ضعیف
ولی قابل تشخیص خواهد بود که همچین کار خاصی هم نمیکنه

در نهایت چیزی که از این عطر باقی خواهد ماند بوی وانیل و مقدار بسیار جزعی نت چوبی و حس و حال زنبق خواهد بود شاید به خاطر بوی غالب زنبق باشه که چنین حسی داشتم
بوی وانیل اینجا مثل دیور هوم اینتنس هست یعنی انگار پودر وانیل رو ریختی رو مچ دستت و بو میکن یه همچین بوی شیرین و قندی خواهد داشت

از لحاظ ماندگاری و پخش بو کاملا منو شگفت زده کرده
و 12 ساعت رو راحت دوام میاره ولی تا 8 ساعت کاملا قدرتمند
باقی میمونه . از نظر پخش رایحه هم کاملا در حد اجداد خودش
قدرتمند و دارای خط بوی خوبی هست .

البته یه نکته ای که عطرای دیور هوم دارند اینکه باید تا 2 سال بعد از تولید یک عطر اونو خریداری کنید چون بعدش اون قدرت سابق رو ندارند

در نهایت امیدوارم تونسته باشم که این عطر بی نهایت خوشبو و با کیفیت رو براتون توضیح داده باشم

jotalopez

Nothing special but it is still a well done frag. DHEFM is very similar to the original Dior Homme, with the lipstick note toned down plus a gourmand amber-powdery accord. The citrus notes are more noticeable after one or two hours of applied. I notice some similarity to YSL L'Homme although DHEFM lasts longer and is more complex too. Nice and safe scent even for untrained noses. Thumbs up!

dda
dda

A summerized cross-breed between Dior Homme & Dior Homme Cologne 2013

buddyabello
buddyabello

Smells like lipstick. Wearing it right now and it's generally safe and pleasing. I don't love it, but I certainly don't hate it either.

danielmventer
danielmventer

Wow!! Very good...Different. You know you like it when you just cannot stop smelling and sniffing away at your palms. I am starting to look into violet based fragrances. Seems like a nice clean fresk accord in fragrances.

Peters155
Peters155

For some strange reson it smells like something NEW!! As in a new shoes or new carpet its a strange one but i do Love it

rnejad
rnejad

How does this have the lowest score on here of all the Dior Hommes? Sure, DHI is a more refined scent. But it's not something you'll get to wear often here in Texas. Eau is WAY more versatile and it still smells amazing! I'm not usually a fan of powder, but this is like the most elegant smelling powder coupled with very light floral/woody accords that are very wearable during warm weather. It actually reminds me of rich, cold vanilla ice cream, without it smelling feminine at all. In fact, as a college student, I don't see this or any in the Dior Homme line as smelling feminine in the slightest. Longevity and projection are outstanding; I only need one or two sprays and it lasts about 8 hours.

dmirror
dmirror

This stuff smells good it's got a light sweet smell to it not too sweet good stuff fresh clean smooth 9/10 I don't know what the longevity is like I just sampled it today I will be getting this around fathers day

poupimax
poupimax

It's a Dior Homme like version of Fierce & Cool Water, with the iris signature on a much cleaner scent base (a whole lot of dihydro!!) than the other Dior Homme versions, which I believe have much more texture.
Not really fond of it.

Androgynous
Androgynous

smells like a fresh and spicy version of dior homme

A fairly citrusy opening gives way to a synthetic, peppery dry down, which is actually quite generic, and then it lingers. Can't smell anything that would qualify this a being "eau". Pass on this one.

JF1
JF1

In comparison to the original, this is a more masculine version. I wear both the original and eau and I really enjoy both. I feel if you thought the original was too girly, give this one a shot! It's the original with citrus notes that dries down to a sweet vanilla type of scent with the citrus in the background minus the cocoa.

jojoh19
jojoh19

This is my first Dior purchase and I must say, I'm very satisfied. It has a refreshing sweetness to it that I didn't expect in the opening with the citrus/iris notes. It gets better and better as time passes to the point where you don't want it to end! Longevity is good, projection is average. Overall a well rounded and beautiful scent. Nothing mind blowing, just a very nice and safe scent. I love it!

silentrich
silentrich

The opening is fantastic with the citrus and Iris. The mid is basically DHS mixed with DH which is also fantastic. There's a hint of an aquatic vibe that shows up in the dry down along with something that resembles Fierce. This is actually a much better version of Fierce in a nutshell. Don't listen to the YouTube idiots that say this sucks, is awful....blah...blah..blah.....judge it for yourself because it's pretty damn nice and modern for a Dior Fragrance.

bart4543
bart4543

try this on a summer night, then you will see what this dior is all about. magical

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This is fuqn fantastic! idc what anyone else says, it took me a while but finally got to sample this, I tried it on immediately after taking a liking to the scent strip (had almost a make-upy vibe) I spritzed the top of my hand && O WOW! it made me say Wow! if you get a wow it's a winner! Just wonderful soft floral (I enjoy iris based scents) with that touch of powder I like in scents it has that uni-sex quality that I also enjoy with scents not being very big on overly masc. scents. I tried both this && the Dior Homme Cologne edition the Cologne was nice citrusy & light for spring summer but this spoke to me more, I liked it so much I found myself wandering back to the counter to spray it all over to get the full effect. I been in search for a new Spring/summer scent I think I've found it! It's versatile, inoffensive, safe but still stand out, can't wait to add to my collection, come on next check! haa! ;D

Overall: 10/10

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Dior Homme's funereal gloom with the curtains torn down to let bright Mediterranean light through. Basically an intense Biolandes iris, a well judged pinch of synthetic coriander (that ever-so-slight hint of nutty sweat), and juicy notes of bergamot and lemon with a touch of bitter ozone.

Do I like it? Actually I like it more than any of the other Dior Hommes that I've tried, mainly because it smells like something people would be drawn to, very fizzy and fun despite itself. Would I buy it? Nah.

FlashAdler221

Interestingly enough, in contrast to the review bow I prefer this to Bleu de Chanel. I won't buy BdC because I don't need it since I would always reach for this stuff.
I've gotten a few compliments with this stuff. One girl that I work with but can't stand told me that I smelled "delicious." She was right. Like I said, I can't stand her so needless to say she ain't gettin a bite but at least she has good taste.
this is also competing as my signature scent against Prada Amber pour Homme and replacing la Nuit de L'homme. I also won't buy DHS because I prefer this stuff.

Santos89
Santos89

I have to say, Dior disappoints me with this one.

The Dior Homme line is fantastic, it's quite unique and is one of the greatest modern fragrances in my opinion.

Eau takes the iris of DH, tones it down and adds a nondescript woody base to this.

It's actually an okay fragrance, but it's just not what I expected of Dior. It's not innovative or smells particularly interesting. It's a typical woody fresh fragrance, along the lines of Mont Blanc Legend and Fierce.

This has been compared to Bleu de Chanel, which I think is unfair. BdC took the fresh woody genre and raised the bar. My advice is to go and buy BdC. DHE is simply not worth the hefty pricetag.

ShiveringTimber
ShiveringTimber

@henriques
As of March 26, 2015, the Dior site does still have this Eau on their site. Go to the Dior Homme line, then you should see it.

henriques
henriques

Maybe this fragrance was unnecessary to Dior's Homme line for some people. But I can appreciate it's own beauty.

Dior Homme Eau is exotic but not weird, just complex. It has citrus, green/woody powdery, light bitter and sweet facets.
Very confortable and elegant. Perfect for signatures and everyday use.
In the end of the drydown, the star "Iris" brings those very light vanilla/leather facets and somehow makes me remind Carolina Herrera CH at some point.

This kind of pretty diferente fragrances (but easy to like and to wear) makes me remember the kind of Bvlgari's fragrances (which I respect a lot).

A Question: Dior Homme Eau isn't at the Dior's official website, does anyone knows if it's limited edition?!

tc312
tc312

Pleasant scent that lasts a good 7 hours. Sillage is pretty strong, especially worn in hot weather and the ambery base notes compliment well. Good, inoffensive if not slightly generic and safe scent for the office, daytime and springtime or fall. I think it's a bit too strong to be a "summer scent"

Scent 8.5/10
Longevity 8.5/10
Projection 9/10
Flexibility 8.5/10
Price 6/10
Uniqueness 7.5/10

smellshot
smellshot

Smelt this one, do not smell cedar at all and no matter how long i let this sit it absolutely smells bad; must be the iris mixing with the citrus-not for me

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

what is the difference between this and older dior hommes?! it is so similar-

esteban747
esteban747

A fragrant wood. A powdery floral. A spicy citrus.
The opening is magnetic, it pulls me into a hidden world. It feels exotic, like a irresistible charismatic stranger.
It's surprising that a fragrance with so little ingredients can be so magnificent.
The iris is a powerful one that in the middle takes over, creating a dense powdery scent that slowly surrenders to the cedar.

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

This fragrance is a lot like the previous Christian Dior Eau Homme, except this one is a little lighter and sweeter. I like this one because it is a modern elegant fragrance, you can see the advertisements everywhere. Yet, it is not the stereotypical "famous" smelling men's fragrance, this has a vibe of it's own. It stands out like the few men who know how to dress modern and elegant at the same time. The iris is the main note I get from this. It gives it the pretty, classy scent, but is sweet wearable for any stylish man. The grapefruit and corriander give it a mildly juice note, but this is strictly a powdery floral scent. I'm not a fan of Robert Pattinson...so I'm gonna leave the rest of that blank. The bottle also is very elegant, it reminds me of a suit and tie or a woman's LBD, classy and refined is the epitome of this glamorous glassy bottle. If you want an elegant, mature scent, go for this and wear it well.
UPDATE: I've been wearing this fragrance for quite sometime and my bottle is almost empty. It is QUITE the compliment setter! Women and men both always compliment me when I'm wearing this. It's a must have for any man!

NobleRoman

Updated review- I purchased a bottle of DHE at Macy's. Wearing it today in S Texas where it's sunny and 73. This is a beautiful scent for spring and summer. It's a lighter version of DH, which I have as well. Longevity is ok at 5-6 hrs. I wish DHE projected more since it's a skin scent on me after 4 hrs. The perfect juice for warmer months IMO.

waleed04
waleed04

Smells nice, mature with class scent just bought it.

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

At first I wasn't so sure about this fragrance. It smelt very mature and heavy. However after leaving it for several minuets I really started to enjoy the smell and found it to be a rather lovely fragrance. It wears well without being over powering and is actually rather gentle once it's settled but still long lasting. Pleasant surprise as I had written it off at first. For some reason it reminds me of the Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre.
Very complimentary fragrance.

josevancouver

@asairin: I have had the same experience. I get compliments on both Dior Homme and Dior Homme Eau. They are both good fragrances. I tend to wear Dior Homme Eau in warmer weather. Having said all of this, I get more compliments with Dior Homme Eau.

asairin
asairin

I'm finally writing my thoughts on this fragrance after owning it and wearing it for a little over half a year. It slowly became my favorite thing to wear on a daily basis since it was fresh smelling but with the more unique smell of iris.. I had gotten a whiff of Dior Homme and would promise myself that I'd wait until this flacon of DH Eau for Men was on its way out before I bought it.

Well I finally bought DH- and my girlfriend got a whiff of it on me. She likes it a lot... But she apparently LOVES Eau for Men even more.. So even though the projection is short and the dry down quickly becomes a skin scent and I have to apply it twice in a day, I will have to buy this again.

OneRedRose
OneRedRose

In my humble opinion....simply FANTASTIC! Lemony lipstick vanilla........elegant and classy. Similarity to Dior Homme but I much prefer Eau for Men....a more elegant vibe. Great lasting power...don't over spray, it can get cloying... 1 to 2 sprays only. I sometimes spray it on my winter coat... 2 to 3 days later you can still smell remnants of it. Great for all seasons, I really recommend this one. A good deal of compliments from people. One lady in particular "Oh wow! That smells so gooooood!!" ... other ladies also commented on the fresh elegance as well. It's a hit! Well done Dior! :)

mikeyt1975
mikeyt1975

Have just got a sample of this today and to be honest I like it better then Dior homme intense
it's not has harsh on the Nose not to much of that lip stick make up bag smell
But this is not bad think I really like it
Fresher lighter I would say
Love it

josevancouver

@Tassio12 - could not agree with you more. Too many people give this a 'thumbs down' because it's not as 'groundbreaking' as Dior Homme, DHI, etc.

Forgot about those other ones for a moment: how does it smell on its own? To some, it still would not suit them. But for me, this is a decent fragrance. It has the Dior Homme DNA but it has the lighter, citrus/aquatic vibe to it with Dior quality ingredients. I like this fragrance and longevity is quite good as well.

Gonkles
Gonkles

Not my own personal favorite in my collection but always gets compliments! winner!

gzalvares

For me an aquatic variation of Dior Cologne 2007. I feel a watery appearance despite not having aquatic notes, the opening is very similar to Cologne in 2007 with citrus notes highlighted. A discrete to moderate projeccion, a very soft fragrance. I think that will be my Dior for bedtime!

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

The clean, the fresh, the acquatic. Dior homme eau, the blue one, has a proper name for it. I see it as an aquatic version of dior homme, like most of us has notice here. Strangely, their is no water in it, and it is not listed in the notes mains accord. I see it has a clean, fresher version of dior homme, perfect for daily use, summer time, work or casual. Smell iris, coriande, a little wood in the dry down, weaker than DH, with a little citrus in the opening that disappear almost immediately. A powdery frag like his brother and cousin. I think they made it to be a people pleaser, they try to make a mass market dior homme frag. Longevity, like all dior homme Line, is very good. Projection is perfect for this kind of scent, around arm lenght, a little bit weaker than DH, could make it better for hot summer time or work. Could be safe for a blind buy, not sure it is worth having it if you already have DH, but i see it has a good addition to their collection. All right, let see what we got:

Scent: 8,5/10, for me it is an acquatic version of DH, mayble more wearable?
Longevity: 4/5, last for around 7 hours on my skin.
Projection: 3,5/5, arm lenght, good if u don t want something too powerfull, or for hot time.
Versatility: 4/5, most occasion exept for cold night time, which i would choose DH or DHI.
Overall: 20/25, something to try if u have DH and (or) DHI. Could be a good introduction to dior homme line, could be safe for a blind buy/ gifts.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I chose this for my man this christmas....Mmm I love it on him. DIVINE! I ws never keen on the original homme or homme intense but I did get him the cologne for summer. Im really glad they brought this one out as its just what we have been waiting for ;D

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I'm not a fan. It has that nasty, unconvincing grapefruit "fresh" note that smells synthetic and somewhat sour on me.

There's nothing original or even very pleasant here. I much prefer Dior Homme Intense.

jerin23holker
jerin23holker

Lovely scent. As others have stated, I don't understand the hate. It has a light lipstick scent, with a fresh woodsy base... Plus a light fresh laundry smell. The dry down almost smells like walking into Abercrombie back in the 90s, but in no way does it smell cheap or too strong.

When first applied, the citrus top notes were a little harsh, but the dry down is amazing. That being said, maybe that's why the reviews on here are kinda harsh? Oh and my skin smelled better than the card stock from Sephora's so please take that in consideration.

I still love the Dior Homme better, but in no way does that make me think this is a bad fragrance. I definitely suggest a try!!

ethanfp582
ethanfp582

The entrance to this fragrance is very harsh, like many including Versace Eros or Terre D'Hermes, but the drydown is amazing. It is so beautiful, you will never regret buying this amazing juice!

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Dior Pour Homme Light.

I find Eau For Men to be a fresher and lighter version DPH, sitting between the DPH Cologne (still in stores???) and the regular DPH. It's got a very citrusy opening. The grapefruit and bergamot greet you first along with the iris. The iris will stay with you for the duration. I smell a tiny pinch of the coriander initially which spices up and brightens the citrus notes further. Much later the citrus notes tone down and the iris stays along w/ the base. However, I don't smell much of the cedar/amber notes distinctively. I do get a big punch of tonka bean accord, even though it is not listed as a note--maybe is the combo of iris and every thing else what creates that effect.

It is very evident this formula is meant to be worn in warmer weather or in any setting where one might want to wear an easier going or more wearable version of DPH. I use it at work where I don't want to smell like I'm going on a date in a meeting room at 10 AM (DPH is too sophisticated for most office work) or at home at night after taking a shower. I also use it when I don't want it to linger on me for too long. On me Eau lasts 4-5 hours.

I think you will like this version because of its purpose or intention of use, to smell like a fresher DPH when the occasion calls it, not so much because its smell brings something new to the DPH lineup. I think this version came to replace DSH Cologne. I thought that DPH Cologne deviated a bit from the DPH DNA, whereas DPH Eau keeps it. I find Eau a welcomed addition to he line up. Sometimes I transition from Eau to either the intense or the regular DPH by layering either one right on top of whatever is left of Eau without having to wash Eau off my skin, when I cannot afford taking Eau off my skin.

Smyle12

Ummmmmm... I wasn't Dior that produced M7, it was Yves Saint Laurent. Otherwise, Abre Amer, the review below is spot on. Actually, I still have the original 2005 version of Dior Homme that started it all as well as backup tester bottle of it that I keep in the dark and in its original box. ;)

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I was a big fan of the original Dior Homme that became frustrated by the countless reformulations and uninspired flankers. There is not a single version of Dior Homme that followed that can compare to the boldness and grace of the original. Had Dior kept the original intact and available perhaps I wouldn't be a perfume polygamist today...

Unfortunately there is a secret cult within Dior that makes a habit of cannibalising it's child-prodigies... After the loss of their classics I have lost my faith in this company completely.

lister
lister

Finally got this flanker as a gift,month earlier I got a sample at Boston store and I really enjoyed it,it does have a distinct iris note,but in a good way,not heavy and not sickening:how we used to think about iris in female fragrances; bergamot is quite pleasant too, but it's not too loud.There's no doubt that this scent is very intelligent and somewhat unique due to it's airy freshness,settles down on bare skin perfectly and lingers for 5-6 hours.
Once I received the bottle,I was excited like no one else,first couple of days I kept receiving multiple compliments from coworkers,but for some reason few days later I couldn't detect the scent on my skin a couple of hours after application, while my friends could still smell it around me even at the end of the day?!I blame it on iris note, it somehow depletes olfactorial sensations when you expose your nose to it numerous times.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Eau for Men is so well designed that even someone who does not like iris will be able to enjoy.
Opens with an interesting aromatic and bitter blend with bergamot /grapefruit and coriander alternating and balancing.
The refreshing touch of bergamot with the slightly sweet fruitiness of grapefruit is perfectly balanced with the sour /spicy of coriander and mix with the beating heart of iris padding that earlier delicious chord, leaving a velvety powdery bright and fruity semi bitter scent
In drying appears sweetened ambery woody nuances, a tasty way of ending this surprising flanker.

Noley
Noley

@Pour Homey It's still on their official website.

I was trying desperately to find the new Dior Homme Parfum to no avail. I did however find this, the latest flanker in the line and after the sport and cologne versions which seemed to diversify into citrus/aquatic territory Eau seems in much more familiar territory.
As a stand alone perfume and forgetting it's a flanker for a moment, Homme Eau is really not bad at all. A softer, lighter powdered effect of iris which is simply a nod to the original rather than capturing that 'full on' vibe and if I've understood the concept correctly, that's exactly what Dior were going for and I can't complain about it.
Homme Eau smells really nice it's as simple as that and there's actually not that many fragrances of this type, at least in the designer game. It possesses the warmth of the original with fresh sharp citrus top notes.
It's a laid back interpretation of Dior Homme, which I think only time will tell if it becomes as revered as the original, sport and Intense...I doubt it will though.
I don't blame Dior for trading off a very popular line but I do question if there's any need for this flanker?
Is there really any need for the parfum? (I won't know till I try it.) How many more stories can be told by Dior Homme?
Well where theirs money to be made quite a few I suspect.
The bottom line is the quality and definition are there to set this one apart and I would wear it quite happily but I'm not going to seek it out.
I class Dior Homme as a dressy scent and this is the everyday equivalent, fresher, more subdued and wearable.
Worth a sniff for sure but don't expect to be blown away.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Not bad. But i think it's a little off the main "Homme" line. I mean yeah, there is iris and all the stuff, smells pleasant etc., but..that sweet note makes this one smell kinda cheaper, less bold, less DIOR. Just my own opinion. Nice frag overall, i just think regular Dior Homme makes the same job better.

Update: great longevity!

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

People here are being way too harsh on this fragrance. Be objective, don't rate it on how it compares to DHI, DH, or DHS. This is an excellent fragrance and my personal favorite from the Dior Homme line. Why? Versatility.

This fragrance is great for all seasons. On my skin, it cuts through the cold, and projects very well in the heat. I've used this for work, on dates, and casually. The smell is just amazing.

It's a fresh iris. Imagine Dior Homme or DHI without the lavender. Add a bit more citrus and tone down the intensity, and this Dior Homme Eau is what you get.

An absolutely fantastic fragrance. To me, it reminds me of a hotel lobby. I don't know how I made that connection, but the first time I smelled it, that's what triggered in my mind.

I'd give this fragrance a 10/10. Longevity is great, it lasts me an entire work day. Projection is great also, but it won't choke anybody out. This is one of my favorite scents in my collection (I love the Dior Hommme line) and I will be purchasing a backup bottle.

mshilov
mshilov

The best flanker of Dior Homme is Valentino Uomo. The new Eau for Men is a pale reflexion of the original concept, especially with this deathly blue hue of juice and packaging.

crestfallen
crestfallen

Being a huge fan of DHI, I wanted to love this scent. A lighter, fresh take on Dior Homme sounded compelling. First spray was a blast of clean iris which was amazing. The top of Eau is great. Unfortunately it dries down into a generic watered down DH mixed with Fierce by Abercrombie..

I had high hopes but ultimately had to return it. DH and DHI are masterpieces but enough with the flankers.

josevancouver

Despite the fact that I like Dior Homme EDT (the reformulated version much better) I get more compliments on Dior Homme Eau.

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Dior Homme ve Homme Intense kokusunu sevenler için güzel bir alternatif. İçindeki iris çiçeği kokusu her zamanki gibi yoğun ve baskın. Başlarda çok ferah ve yazlık iken zamanla iris çiçeği kokusu kalıyor. O yüzden çok uzun süre iris çiçeği kokusu üzerinizde baskın olarak kalıyor. Her ne kadar yaz mevsimine göre deniyorsa da aşırı sıcak günlerde yine de ağırlaşıyor. Açıkçası ben homme ve homme intense kokularını sevdiğimden bunu beğendim. Kaliteli bulduğum bir harmanı var. Zaman içinde kokusu değişim gösteriyor. Yanınıza gelen herkes kaliteli bir koku olduğunu farkediyor ve sürekli burnundan nefes almaya başlıyor. Yine de iris çiçeğinin kokusu gereği ne yaparlarsa yapsın çok sıcak günler için biraz ağır kaçıyor. Serin yaz akşamları ve bahar mevsimlerinde daha güzel olacaktır. Çok ergen yaşlar için biraz fazla gelebilir ama 20 yaş üzeri erkeklerin tümüne yakışır bence. Özetle iris çiçeğinin o farklı kokusu sebebiyle önce bir deneyin, yarım saat sonraki halini de beğendiyseniz alın. Yoksa boşa bu kokuya bulaşıp yaygınlaştırmayın derim. :)

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

Soft, cool, somewhat musky. Not terribly masculine, and a touch powdery. I really like this one, for either myself or my husband. Nearly unisex and lovely in this hot weather.

lbullard
lbullard

Dior,I feel for you ,I really do. This European crap IFA is full of it. I say please don't ruin your reputation for an association who does not care about you and your industry.Fight back and make a few good ones and at least keep your designers in good standing. The new Dior is crap,I was in Sephora and even the clerk said I used to love this, now it is baby powder mixed with water. I would not even take it free to add to my collection. I suggest you as an industry hire a bunch of good Lawyers and get these idiots off your back. 1.00 Sauave bathing lotion stays on longer. LB sue for back losses as well.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I received a sample of this with my purchase of Leather Oud. Night and Day !

This is basically a powdery amber "poof " ball. Only the lowest quality ingredients used. It lingers for a few hours but it smells like residue from a fragranced cleaning product....maybe a commercial bathroom deodorizer.

Just awful. Why would Dior put this out ? Is this the style these days ????

Shaheen
Shaheen

I had high hopes for this one, but it simply smells like a watered down version of Dior Homme mixed with Abercrombie Fierce. A wasted opportunity by Dior.

Budman
Budman

This new flanker by Dior is a bait-n-switch fragrance. Irritating.

The initial spray smells like the old friend and wonderful masterpiece of the Dior Homme we all know. One of my favorites for just being so sexy and original. Lipstick and all. At first I just thought it was the same scent but they just changed bottle design. So I sprayed some on myself thinking "it's been a while since I've worn this". BAIT

About 1/2 hour to hour in the SWITCH happens. Gone is the Dior Homme and replacing it is basically the scent of every other mainstream Ulta/Sephora release. Nothing more than Versace Pour Homme, Prada Luna Rossa, Burberry Rhythm. Etc. UGH

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Dior Homme Eau is a relatively nice/safe designer fragrance in the vein of it's father the original Dior Homme but it is not better. This is a more fresh take on the original minus the leather with added bergamot to make it more wearable for the warmer months. The iris/make up smell is still there supporting citrus & some light woods.

This is a daytime fragrance for me at least. It is to light for evening wear. Suitable for office and casual dates, brunch etc.. It is one of the better designer scents thus far making it a go to stable. It's projection & longevity is both average on me. If you want a Iris fragrance check out Hermes Iris Ukiyoe. 3/5 rating

josevancouver

I've been trying to get by the thoughts in my mind that this is probably the most 'unoriginal' of the Dior Homme lineup and just ask some simple questions: does this smell good AND does it fit a time when I would wear it.

The answer to the first question is that it does smell good. It's basically a lighter and fresher version of Dior Homme. I already own Dior Homme but I don't typically wear it in the warmer months. I have Dior Homme Sport 2012, but it's more of a ginger/citrus blend and less similar to Dior Homme.

The answer to the second question is that I basically wear this during the warmer months (I still don't wear this in high heat and prefer Versace Pour Homme for really hot weather). Goes great with a suit/office wear when you want to smell nice but don't want something too cloying.

ForceRagePower
ForceRagePower

Without a doubt this is one of the classiest fresh fragrances. Reminds me a lot of the original Dior Homme. Great compliment getter.

landon1

I work at Nordstrom and decided to test this out and received 4 compliments from girls and then made their father buy the fragrance. Hmmm...

Ovrnightr
Ovrnightr

Dior is far and away my favorite "designer" brand, and I'm not at all impressed by the Macy's marketing shtick and all the hoo-rah surrounding the launch of (yet another) mainstream fragrance release.

I also already own Intense, Sport (2012), and classic Pour Homme edt.

Having said that, I did pick up a 50ml of this because it was unmistakably in-line with the rest of the Dior Homme offering, yet distinguished enough to stand as its own, filling a void that I hadn't even considered might exist. But exist it does, and this new, weirdly-named Dior Homme Eau for Him just may be my favorite of the whole lot. And I am deeply fond of Intense, so that shocks me to say.

I have probably received a half dozen compliments from strangers in the past week of wearing it. For me that was a lot, as I typically do not get unsolicited compliments on what I'm wearing. From a statistical standpoint, this is the most-complimented fragrance I own.

I do get nose fatigue with this one, though, and am cautious not to over-apply. I was told by a trusted coworker, whose council is wise, that I should take it down a notch—that this one is particularly strong. I, at that point, couldn't even smell it on myself, and had only been near him for a second or two, so I thanked him and have kept it at ~2 clicks to the lower neck.

This stuff is magical, I really love it and apparently so do some of the people I pass by in my daily dealings.

10/10. Try it and see

frangellan
frangellan

Doesn't live up to the Dior Homme line. This is noticeably synthetic and is powdery without the cocoa note that made the original so lovely to smell, giving it an overly musky undertone that makes me feel claustrophobic, especially in the heat. It reminds me of Givenchy's Gentlemen Only, although I prefer the ladder over Eau For Men as the vetyver adds a freshness that this is lacking.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

And yes, I can definitely see the similarity in DNA to L'instant De Guerlain.... Having said that...., Guerlain is the superior juice in this head-to-head matchup.... IMO

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Just got this one from a relative who grabbed it for me while doing business in Europe..... I miss the ginger personally in the DHS, but this one has more depth, longevity and sillage on my skin...... I'd have to say the Cedar and iris work harmoniously well to give this a more sophisticated vibe, while still managing to be youthful and energizing...

pjd1234
pjd1234

I tried this one today my first impressions citrus on the opening and goes thesame path as the original a very un original release by dior. The scent in general is good but why buy it if you already have the original its basically non sense a pass for me as i already have the vintage and reform release of the original. I prefer the 2012 dior homme sport than this one as sport has more character than this release.

Smyle12

So this is what happened to the wonderful, vintage formulation of Dior Homme, a fragrance of which I still possess a full, unopened, back-up bottle from my earlier days in the hobby: Capitalism. Nice try though, Dior!!!

xachlight
xachlight

this is a beautiful scent! it's long lasting and has just the right silage. i am complimented every time i wear this.

Vortex1
Vortex1

I've had two wearings of this and I must say I'm really enjoying this. there is this peacefullness about this . It's not airy , it's creamy .

I'm finding this a lot more longer lasting than Dior homme ,it's been some 5 hours and my arm smells delicious. . I'm finding it hard to pick anything this may already smell like and Dior homme would be the closest and yet they are totally unique after the first 15mins.

Quality - smells high.

I don't think this is one to be knocked down , infant for myself , I think I might just pick a second bottle of the original recipe.

I recommend

Many thanks

SteveSmellsGood
SteveSmellsGood

Incredible fragrance, very very classy. It's similar to DH and DHI but sadly doesn't last too long. Still love it though.

paraskevoula
paraskevoula

Is this going to be released in Europe?If so then when?

Belvedere
Belvedere

Lots of haters on Dior here. This is a lovely scent, I too do not detect any grapefruit on first spray. This is like Dior Homme but lighter, less iris so for me more wearable but does not last as long. Mine came with a fantastic matching travel spray from a well known high street chemist that will remain nameless. Expensive but definitely worth a sample

Endymion

Since it's an Eau why isn't it called Eau Pour Homme? Eau For Men sounds just stupid, sorry!

Luvbugz
Luvbugz

First I have to say that I LOVE this as a female even more than the original. I had sprayed this on a tester card and thought "oh this is nice" when I got home I had put it on a shelf above my phone and every time I went over to where the phone was I would smell this ridiculously great scent and it was this card even weeks later! So now I had been obsessing over this fragrance I finally got a huge bottle. I can say this makes me want to curse out loud and say "Damn" when I smell it. I believe the longevity is great and any man wearing this will instantly be attractive. :)

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I have to strongly disagree with some of the recent comments, there is something about the construction of this fragrance that is wonderfully complex, it develops over a few hours on the skin. Glorious smell, great longevity, Amber and Iris to me, love it. Smells like it's made out of quality ingredients. I'm struggling to see any citrus notes in it, to me it's very woody. I don't get how many people get the Grapefruit and Bergamot thing.

Marciu

@dozza14 - Higher is nice but comparing the Homme line(I don't know Eau for Men as of yet) to Higher is a joke.

Higher is a nice fruity scent for teens/people in their 20's. Homme lineup is definitely something more upscaled.

Probably this Eau for Men is worse than Cologne 2013. But I won't say it "officially" untill I sniff it out and see for myself.

dozza14
dozza14

The Dior brand of fragrance has become cheap and predictable. there is nothing special in these mass marketed fragrances and they last no time at all. Price is high and ingredients are weak. There last decent release was Dior Higher original, which was released 15 years ago! Since then we have had variants of Dior homme which have failed to amount to anything. This latest creation is weak, smells like the original and probably was only prodcued due to EU regulations meaning they had to reformulate. Dior, (apart from the new Fahrenheits) like Gucci have become a joke. Pass.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

Revised from an earlier edit.
Dior Homme Eau for Men is a wonderful scent that suffers a fatal downfall- projection.
At first smell, I fell in love with this Fragrance. It is fresh, musky, professional...everything I need in a classy scent. I could not get enough of it, and constantly reapplied just to get the high notes.
I purchased from Macys, after learning they no longer carry the original DH. After a few wears of this cologne, it becomes quite obvious that it rises quickly to a powdery goodness, but quickly fades into a coalesced skin scent. I get a maximum of 2-3 hrs on this, with about half of that as actual projection more than a few inches. It sits longer on my clothes, and is detectable the next day, but is nothing more than a dry, powdery scent.
All in all, the longevity is not bad, but it does resign itself quite quickly. I sprayed this on my arm at 8am, and could still smell it (although it was no more than barely off the skin) a good 12 hours later.
Otherwise- A+ for smell.

Scent- 9/10 (Truly wonderful!)
Longevity- 7/10 (6-8 hrs tops)
Projection- 6/10 (Skin scent after maybe 3 hours)
Versatility: 8/10 (Dress up or down- this scent is amazing!)

You will quickly find yourself reapplying often just to capture the top notes, but grow fatigued of the boring middle and bottom.

landon1

bright citrus and IRIS. extremely similar to the original, besides sub the coacoa for citrus. dries down into a sweet powder.

Melsisy
Melsisy

The cold casual business version of " Dior Homme " .
I believe personally that it is the best spring fragrance for 2014
Loooooove it...!!!!

devynm
devynm

I really enjoy this fragrance!Pleasant and calm scent. Did not hesitate to buy, the projection and longevity are great! No regrets!

Update: I used this fragrance today with some pretty warm and humid weather (Michigan Spring) The fragrance with just one spray lasted about nine hours with a healthy projection throughout that whole time, I also received several compliments, I have not actually tried or smelt the others by Dior so I cant say how this compares to DH, DHI, or DHS, but this was a solid buy!

Guinea54
Guinea54

@DJM. I think I know what you mean by play intense, but I wouldn't really compare them. Play intense is a lot sweeter to me, but they do have something kind of similar somehow.

To me this fragrance is very nice.. it has the main base and DNA of dior homme. You definitely get that makeup vibe and the iris. the difference for me personally.. For me it is a fresher version of dior homme.. and not so much from the citrus. My particular bottle doesn't give me much citrus..I get a little grapefruit tartness, Its there, but its not in your face.. I get more of a green vibe from this. Not sure if vetiver is in there, but I get a kind of vetiver feeling from it. something more green and more fresh. dior homme was more dry to me. This just comes off as more versatile and fresher.. it can tend to get a little powdery though when it dries down.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A dual dimenstional frag with an iris, lipstick opening with a more aquatic drydown...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 30 mins hour - 6 inch projection. This is 75% the same as Dior Homme and Intense; the signature has not changed. Typically winter or fall and night time aroma.

30 mins - 1.25 hours 3.5 inch projection This frag does not turn smoky like Dior Homme, instead it turns more aquatic with a clean, summery almost watery vibe, which is modern and appealing. This is now a day time frag. It is hard to pick out any of the notes listed in the pyramid above.

1.25 hours -3 hours - 1.5 inch projection

3 -5 hours - Close to skin

This frag does not blend the two apsects well; they are night then day and the projection and longevity are very low.

I think the intention here is a frag which is not as full on as Dior Homme or Intense, but it falls over and offers no personality of its own to begin with and the aquatic, summery middle and end are just too diluted and lacking in projection - Dior already has a masterpiece for summer, which IMHO is very underrated, in Dior Homme Cologne 2013

Not for me

josevancouver

OK...so I guess I'll weigh in on this latest creation from Francois Demachy. Since Dior (besides Creed) is one of my favourite fragrance houses and I own DH (reformulated), DHI (vintage), DHS (reformulated) plus Bois D'Argent and Ambre Sultan from their private line, I thought I would try out Dior Homme Eau.

Do I like it? Yes
Am I excited about it? Not really

This is a lighter, more aquatic version of Dior Homme. The citrus note added to the trademark iris differentiates this fragrance from Dior Homme and they don't smell as similar to me as others have claimed. Eau smells different and it smells nice. What I love about DH, DHS and DHI is that each of them has unique characteristics. My favourite is good old Dior Homme (reforumlated with a little less iris than the vintage version) with its buttery, lipstick note. I love DHI and DHS because of their unique characteristics whether it is the iris and vanilla in DHI or the ginger and iris DHS. Dior Eau is a bit bland and not as unique.

Having said that, I do like it. It smells great, and in part, I am starting to wear it as an everyday scent. I don't consider DH an everyday scent. I usually wear it when I am wearing a suit. I don't consider DHI an everyday scent. I usually wear that when I go out at night to some kind of event. I don't even consider DHS an everyday scent. I usually wear it only in the warmer months.

So there you have it from my perspective: DH Eau as a more everyday, nice-smelling scent with Dior Homme Demachy DNA that will get compliments. Ground-breaking? Nope, but good.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Smells like a sport version of ysl la nuit d'homme or chanel allure homme.....fresh and spicy. .received a compliment

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

Eau Dior Homme... Believe the hype... The "Wow Factor" is A+...

I recently purchased Dior's new fragrance, Eau Dior Homme, and I am thoroughly impressed. I have worn it once and should the "performance" continue, EDH could be in my Top 10 by end of the month. As noted by other reviewers, there is a striking resemblance to Dior Homme, but sufficient difference that EDH has created it's own identity. That identity - an extraordinary fragrance...

While opening the cologne, I noted typical Dior packaging and bottling - first class. I especially like the bottle - clear and transparent to allow the user to see the clarity of the fragrance - I imagine connoisseurs of fine wine and a great bourbon (yes, I am a Southerner) enjoy a similar "clarity". The color of the fragrance is a great shade of light blue, almost clear with a "smoky blue" tint. A great representation of the fragrance.

Out of the bottle, EDH is a blend of many notes, first the floral and fruity, and then the coriander, amber, and woodsy. The end result is a very pleasant fragrance. Actually - this stuff rocks..!! First day wearing - I received two positive comments (the "Wow Factor") from two very attractive females - one a co-worker that is very married and the other - well, she is smokin' hot and I would love to date her - I will keep you posted on the progress. She is as big an aficionado as I regarding fragrances and she has the "nose" to do reviews. The "Wow Factor" is first rate.

Projection/Sillage and Longevity are above average. Following an 8 hour day - OK, it was more like 10 - I could still detect EDH on my wrist and even stronger on clothing. Most reviewers suggest that EDH is a Spring/Summer fragrance, but I will pitch that given the complexity of the notes, EDH offers great flexibility/versatility to allow being worn during any season. Hey if you like a fragrance, have the confidence to wear it anytime you want - I do..!!

For most users, the Dior fragrances can be considered a little more expensive than other fragrances. What is the old saying - "you get what you pay for"...?? - I am a believer. It is obvious to me that a great deal of effort went into defining EDH and designing the bottle. Both - first class..!! (not to mention above average longevity and projection/sillage).

All things considered, I am rating Eau Dior Homme at 4.7 stars out of 5... The fragrance and longevity/projection/sillage are fantastic, the "Wow Factor" has been great, and I love the bottle. Highly recommend adding to your collection. On a sidebar - I am a James Dean fan. That said, the add features a quote from this departed actor (much too soon, I might add) that adds to the attraction of this fragrance.

Daily I.M. - It is a beautiful thing when you discover that finding true love has changed your life... Enjoy life...

Pelander
Pelander

I can't wait to try this!!! I´m very confused about so many different opinions. Anybody knows if it's already available in Spain???? I can't find it.

I really hope to enjoy this more than DHS which, in my opinion, I don't like it too much.... I like DH and love DHI and DHC....But I can't imagine how this scent works....

A wonderful scent for a beautiful mannequin !

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I had been waiting to smell this ever since it came out.. I finally got a sniff walking through Macys.. It smells very very good.. It is hard to explain because it is an "aquatic" type of fragrance but still smells so much like the original.. Eau has a really nice beautiful fresh sprarkling opening which quickly turns into a very similar scent to the original but still retains hints of that sparkling fresh opening of grapefruit, coriander, and bergamot.. Very unique, and very very nice!

lavizzob
lavizzob

In my opinion, this is the best (besides DHI) Dior Homme in the lineup. It is much more versatile than DH so can see myself reaching for it more in the summer and spring. Don't really care for Dior Homme Sport because of the ginger note. DH for some reason is hard to find an occasion to wear if that makes any sense and if i feel the need to wear it I just bust out DHI since it is better. With its more playful vibe due to the citrus, DH Eau retains a more mature edge (because of the iris), so I don't see high school age ppl wearing this. Also, ppl only say this is boring because it is not the first iris based fragrance in the Dior lineup. If it were the first, it would get a lot more attention. Mainstay in my collection.

Longevity: 8-10 hrs on my skin (A pleasant surprise!)
Compliments: 10/10. Women love this stuff!

Don't be a crowd follower, trust YOUR nose.

DJM
DJM

This is CD's "play" on Givenchy "Play Intense". I do not find anything original here, and to me this is a pretty heavy scent for the spring and summer time. It is very linear but lasts fairly long with o.k projection.

Sometimes I think Dior tries too hard, and this is where I find it fails, I get a lot of sweetness here, and not much else. Some gourmands I like, and I even wear a few, but this just smells like way too many other sweet fragrances. While I love Dior Intense Homme for what it is, and for being an awesome fall and winter scent, I do not think that this one lives up to it's name.

I have tried this in stores over the past few months thinking that something was going to change and in time I would love it, but I really don't. I am glad I only purchased a small bottle of this, and do not even see myself finishing this one. I will give it one thing by saying that it is not aquatic and does not smell like every other offering that is worn in the spring and summer months, but I can think of many others that I would reach for before this.

NobleRoman

I really was expecting to dislike this . But I tried it with an open mind... And it smells beautiful. I'm sure it's a crowd pleaser and I may treat myself to a bottle soon.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Dior Homme Eau was marketed as if were something entirely new. "Eau" was a clever way of avoiding "Eau Fraiche". It simply wears more sheer than the classic, but more full bodied than Homme Sport. Dior Homme Eau is the medium. Personally, Homme classic is a remarkable fragrance and one that doesn't need taming. I hope that in the future, the house of Dior will deliver unto us something new.

To Joseph9877;
No, this stuff is way better than original.
If already you are unsure with this version, do not get near original Dior Homme.

Joseph9877
Joseph9877

This is my first bottle of anything from Dior... I honestly would've passed this jewel up if it hadn't been for my girl picking it up and telling me to try it. The smell, the first time I smelled it was one of the strangest scents I have ever had the chance to smell, but I made me want to smell it again. I ended up buying this because my girl loves this stuff, and I am starting to! Very nice scent/unique. Would it be worth buying the original already having this bottle?

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Love, love, love it. This is such a sexy scent. I honestly can't separate out the notes in the composition. It's unquestionably a masculine scent, but it's softly masculine rather than in your face, huge-dude-at-the-gym masculine. This wouldn't smell out of place on the right woman, either. I have to get some of this for my boyfriend. Any guy who smells like this would be sure to get my attention!

baldheadjim
baldheadjim

Bergamot grapefruit iris combo is amazing for the first hour. Then it transitions into a sweet floral amber. Becomes a pleasant skin scent by hour 4-5. Safe enough for office. I like the scent but def not in love with it because of relatively short longevity.

ularewolf

This smells like apple to me. Odd I suppose, but that's what I get. The Iris fades after a few minutes and all I smell is the top notes of Penguin for the rest of the fragrance. Boring.

Ricks44
Ricks44

Just tested this today. At this moment in time I'm actually preferring it over Dior Homme. The addition of citrus gives it a slightly fruity vibe... Which is a great addition, with the original Homme being a bit dry and overly powered by iris. The citrus edge calms the fragrance to a much more universal and pleasing scent. It still retains it's class and unique flavour, however. Iris is still present but the citrus takes this fragrance on a different journey. I would have no hesitation on wearing this in warmer weather or taking this on holiday with me later this year.

I can't comment on longevity, projection or sillage at this point. I can say after spraying numerous times on my neck and wrist I can still smell it strongly but only when I push my nose up against my wrist. For first try, sillage seemed not great but again - hard to tell. Projection, I get wiffs of it now and then but it's not strong. However, from first test you never can really tell.

Back to the smell... I definitely would buy this. Maybe even over Dior Homme.. The bottle is beautiful also. With some people trashing the citrus note, I think this is uncalled for. The fragrance it's self is a more vibrant, mainstream version of Dior Homme. Which is a great thing. Thinking I'll pick this up closer to summer!

lucaschiang8
lucaschiang8

I haven't try this before. but i look the composition. this seems like D&G 4. am i wrong?

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This new release by Dior is good but totally unnecessary.

I think it is an exact copy of the original Dior Homme but with a slight touch of citrus in the opening. It dries down to a lighter version of DH.

To be honest, it smells good and lasts a long time, but it's an unimpressive release. It lives up to its name; a watered down Dior Homme. Because of that, I would advise you to pass on this one.

mse-21
mse-21

I saw its elegant bottle today on the shelves and found the chance to put some on my skin.

The scent doesn't stand to the quality of packaging unfortunately. It is basically that famous Iris note plus a somewhat generic combination of Citrus-Cedar spiced up with Coriander. The overall scent is very soft, sweet and decidedly unisex if not 'feminine.' You can simply think of this as a softened and sweetened version of the original.

With all the respect I do have for the house of Dior, I believe they are pushing the success of Dior Homme too far. I regard the original Dior Homme as a landmark launch in masculine perfumery. I particularly admire Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme Sport. But I think they are putting too many meaningless flankers out in this line.

Marciu

That's bad news... Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme is terribly synthetic for me. Especially top notes.

mr. wess
mr. wess

Smells like Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme at the top, then slowly turns in to a sweet creamy Dior Homme.

Marciu

@Ivano - that's a good news! I'll check it out for sure.But if it's not something totally different than others from the Homme line, it'll be a pass for me, I'm counting on a nice mix of iris, coriander and citruses...

Marciu

Is it true it's not going to be available in Europe? I've heard that it's available only in those countries where Dior Homme Cologne 2013 wasn't available... If so, that's a pitty...

kaysee

Same recipe, but the citrus note is not doing it for me.
Longevity not that good on me. So I'll skip this one

biggkingg

Great scent for spring/summer. Fresh and somewhat sweet.
Very smooth and versatile compared to Dior Homme.
My favorite from the Dior Homme lineup.
Projection and longevity are ok, but not as strong as the other brothers from Dior.
8.5/10

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

The following review is really for my notes only, its very brief and leaves out a ton of details. Im just typing something that I remember each by. Im sure I will disrespect someones favorite fragrance too.

This one was different. Lipstick smell like the original turning into a fresh/clean lipstick smell. Aquatic lipstick.

Manny44
Manny44

I wrote a somewhat negative/ somewhat befuddled review a few weeks ago and after having worn this one a few times more in the interim I thought I'd update my opinion a bit. First I have to say that this IS a very nice scent and that I now see the full beauty in this fragrance. Though they hit a lot of the same notes.
think Eau is energetic and transparent where DH is dark and romantic because of the cocoa and leather, but both are so centered on the Iris note that they are clearly brothers. Both are equally beautiful in different ways. 5/5 for both fragrances.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

I've worn this about a half a dozen times now and I am not blown away by this fragrance by any means, however I like like this better than DHI. After receiving a sample in the mail I was compelled to buy it for the longevity alone.THE LONGEVITY IS SICK! I'm also a fan of iris and amber. The way these two smell together with the wood note makes this a very solid fragrance. It is great for all seasons.

I don't recommend blind buying this because to me it just doesn't change much after 30 minutes to an hour and this will be what your left with. Also the iris is very strong and might not suite everyone. I highly recommend sampling it...the amount of Amber and Coriander in here is spot on and is keeping me interested.

Laurdess

Maybe my sniffer is broken, or I do not smell what you men do? I was in Macys today and this was sprayed on the man shopping in front of me. I immediately wanted to get closer to him because he smelled like heaven. I then remember the stalking laws in california and pulled back my inner crazy. This juice is yummy and should be called liquid stalking whore. Thats what power it had on me. But then again so does three shots of Patron silver. I LOVED it. I also dont stand around talking opening, or base notes with my girlfriends. We usually grade a man by if you showered or not. I guarentee this could get even the ugly dude of the bunch a second or third look. Def. Panty dropping power.

Buysblind
Buysblind

This is a zingy, lemony version of Dior Homme. It seems as if it contains two layers; the bottom layer a toned down version of the original and the top, a refreshing citrus cologne which adds a bright sparkle to the overall composition.. Altogether Dior Homme Eau for Men feels smooth and light, and it will be a nice choice for the spring. Was this flanker absolutely necessary? Probably not. However, it fits right in between Dior Homme and Dior Homme Sport. While Dior Homme Sport is mostly focused around ginger and citrus (at least the 2008 version I use is), Dior Homme Eau seems equally focused on the original with its trademark iris note, as well its newly added, uplifting citrus component. Sillage is moderate, as is the longevity. The bottle looks great in person and continues in the traditional style, this time with an elegant gray and blue design that appropriately matches the scent.

Currently, Homme Eau for Men is only available through Macy's as part of an exclusive production.

ghent32
ghent32

This is interesting and good, but not so different. To me if you own Dior Homme, then I don't see too much reason to run of this.

The opening is very different, a very fresh/citrus burst, but within minutes the Dior Homme DNA comes running through, and then a short time later, a lemon scent comes in and literally runs parallel with traditional Dior Homme. It's almost like you're smelling 2 different frags at the same time. Its nice, but not that different.

Knows2Nose

Good scent but it smells so much like Icy Hot or Ben Gay. The Iris definitely comes out strong, surrounded by amber and coriander (I think). Anyways, in comparison to DHS 2012, DHE lacks the sharp citron and has more Iris and aquatic notes. If I had to choose one (I have samples of both) I'd choose DHE. Take it for what it means, but I wore this out two weeks ago and took a babe home. She didn't say anything about I smelt, but there was a very happy ending :)

scentualMan
scentualMan

This smells like Dior Homme original plus Fierce or Mont Blanc Legend. Its really interesting because after the fragrance dries down for a while, I smell the two scents simultaneously, as if I used one spray of each. I definitely find this fragrance more versatile than the original Homme and I am pleased to report that the sillage and longevity are both consistent to the quality you'd expect with Dior products. Just a pleasant fragrance from start to finish.

Marciu

How about similarities (if any) to Dior Homme Sport 2012, excluding ginger?

Am I going to hell for actually liking this? I've seen it being bashed all over the internet fragrance community. THEY KILLED THE LEGEND.
To be quite honest, I was never particularly wowed by DH or DHI. I'm also not wowed by Dior Homme Eau, but I do think it's a nice fragrance.
I personally do not smell grapefruit. I smell bergamot. Very strong, slightly bitter bergamot. The iris is the main player, as per usual.
I like how the bitterness counters the lipstick/compact like scent of the iris. I always felt like DHI was a bit too sweet.
So for those who often complained that DHI was too feminine, here you go. This may do the trick. I would hardly call it uber butch, but it may smell less of cosmetics to you.

spcmiller
spcmiller

Walked all the way to Macy's in the mall this afternoon to try this...big mistake! I'm in the rare group that doesn't get the appeal of anything Dior has put out since Higher in 2001. This wasn't distinct or compelling or even tenacious. Thankfully, the crap longevity came in handy because I couldn't wait to get this off my wrist. Wound-up buying a solid perfume of Philosykos at Nordstrom. As I sit typing this, the faint scent of cedar is still emanating from my arm, but it's neither unique nor memorable.

Marciu

If it has clear resemblance to Dior Homme EDT - I mean sweet cocoa - I can pass on it without sniffing :( I already have DH and DHI, I counted on woody-spicy(ev. woody-aromatic) scent with big amount of coriander.

bonanza1
bonanza1

I got a chance to snif this today, well to me it sorta reminds of a watered down Pure Malt. Its a nice light safe scent. I will do more testing on this one for sure.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

Have worn it enough to get a feel for this fragrance. This is by no means a bad fragrance. But this is no Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense. This is Dior homme without the leather and cocoa. Iris toned down, and citrus amped up. A nice blend of light iris, citrus with some woody almost creaminess in the background. It does not project as much as the original. Longevity moderate. A very safe fragrance. Not offensive or cloying. This is what I would throw on for work, this would be excellent for work or for casual settings. While Dior homme for more dressy occastions, and DHI for a night out. Do not regret the purchase at all.

Jim M
Jim M

I believe some of the below reviews regarding this new fragrance can be a bit harsh. I just purchased the 3.4oz this evening with EVERY intention of purchasing Chanel Allure edition Blanche when I walked in the store but was instead instroduced to this fragrance by a lady behind the counter. The first 30min of this fragrance was a bit much and I did get a little bit of the lipstickvibe/new carpet smell (not in a bad way). The dry down is what is so great about this fragrance though. After about an hour this frag really starts to show its true colors of class and sofistication but at the same time says "hey, I might be classy and clean but I have a relaxed and casual side to me" which is exactly what describes who I am. This fragrance has great versatility and can be worn at any time, so far I have had 2 compliments tonight just within a few hours of applying it. Give it a try!

Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 7/10

Knows2Nose

IMO this is more safe and generally more acceptable. But I don't see anything wrong with that. Yes, the original is more complex, but it's also more rich and at times can be cloying. Eau takes a refreshing step in a different direction with its citrus opening. And I like it. I would say Eau is for a younger crowd (or at least 20-35) while DH and DHI would be for the more mature.

jaaakeL
jaaakeL

After a long and adventurous journey through downtown San Francisco, I finally got my hands on a bottle of this cologne. I suppose it may have helped if I had known that only Macy's carries it, but at least I won't make the same mistake twice!

Let me just say, my long journey to get this cologne was worth it. I am very particular about my colognes and I have been told by many people that I have great taste in perfumes. This cologne is now one of my top 3 favorites, along with Chanel Blue and Givenchy Gentlemen Only. As you can see, all of my favorites tend to be an "anytime, place, season, or occasion." This cologne is very refined, has beautiful notes, and really emanates class and style. I definitely get the iris coming through and the subtle, warm wood undertone compliments it wonderfully.

If you're looking for a scent that says "I have good taste" get this one. It's definitely going down as a classic in my book!

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

Very nice and safe. Blind bought a large bottle, and I'll definitely use it. This won't take the place of My dior homme, it will fall in second, for the times I don't really wanna wasted dior homme on a "not important enough" moment. I also get a slight coconut vibe in the background. Can't go wrong with this, it's very safe. Not "wow", not "gross", just safe and good.

twlahue

Prefer the original to this. Very similar, but weaker than Dior Homme. I will stay with the older brother for now.

SneezeFreeze
SneezeFreeze

Dior Homme Eau starts similar to Dior Home, but the lipstick vibe is there only for 10 minutes and then it takes a totally different turn - this is unlike any DH flanker. It is fresh and warm at the same time (sounds weird isn't it), may be the coriander and amber working in the dry down. This will work great for younger adults and get compliments as well. I personally enjoy this offering from Dior as a fresh fragrance as i can't take the ginger in DHS.

Pros - No Ginger, No lipstick

Cons - Longevity is only about 4 hours, Exclusive to Macy's so no availability at discount retailers.

My Rating 3.5/5

areyouin729
areyouin729

smells exactly the same as DH; that nasty lipstick smell that I don't get how anyone can actually enjoy on themselves.

RickS1169
RickS1169

i tested this out the other day. I have to say i am a huge fan of the dior homme line so this was a no-brainer for me to sample. To me, this smells much different to homme/intense/sport, much more citrus and a seriously toned down iris. Its definitely more mainstream. I find it extremely pleasant, and although not as bold of a choice as the others in the line, still a quality made scent. I will be buying this in the future.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Recognizable right away as DH but, then there's something more like stainless steel in it. No real playfulness, just right to the point. Its a lighter version, a cleaner, aesthetic version.

Opening: Iris. That lovely smell that defined DH is wandering around with citrus in a cool display. Feels like DH chilled on ice.

Longevity: On par with the original, in my opinion. About 2-3 hours on me. Might even be slightly ahead.

Sillage: For the composition type, its decent, 1-2 feet for the first couple hours, skinscent after that.

Gripes: As a DH lover, I feel like the heart has been cut out from under what made the original smell wonderful. A bouquet of leather, chocolate, iris and amber that made a great blend. I wish fragrance makers would stop releasing castrated flankers. So much talent went into DH and DHI its like they're walking in the shadow of giants, instead of making new ones.

Best For: Well, I'm going with spring/fall on this one, maybe just befort the weather gets too hot or too cold. Its light and clean, kind of like a Chrome-DH hybrid.

Overall: Its okay, but it just doesn't win my heart. It falls short of that depth and masculinity that it's big brother has. This trend of cooler smelling colognes is what the sport category is for. Le Beau Male? La Nuit Frozen? Mont Blanc Legend 2013? DH Eau For Men. Its never ending. Make something new. Impress me again.

Scentologist
Scentologist

Actually this is quite nice. It has the core character centered in its composition with a fresh metallic musk overtone. I would find this quite wearable in relation to the original. Though it has restraint, its ever present and has great throw and longevity.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

I got it today about 20 minutes ago....

I'm not a huge Dior Homme line fan, but I had Dior Homme and sold it about a week ago.

At first spray it smells exactly like Dior Homme. The only difference to me is a tad bit of citrus. Again, dior lovers can make a better comparison than I can, but to my nose, I wouldn't really be able to tell the difference. If I had to choose I would pick this one because of the *slightest* bit of more fresh notes.

EDIT:

The dry down is where I get the most change....for the better. Its more energetic which I prefer. Not as much iris! They tuned down the iris and tuned up the citrus. I actually like this version a lot more than dior homme. In my opinion this is much more wearable for everyday use.

binker
binker

Got this fragrance today and my girlfriend really liked it right away. When you smell it you know it's a dior fragrance but to me smells different then all the dior homme fragrances I have. I own DHI, DH, & both DHSs. My favorite are the Dior sports & now this is one of my favorites but still haven't tried the new dior homme cologne witch is next on my list. I think this is a great fragrance that may be mass marketed but smells way different then any other mass marketed scent out there & is not like all the sport fragrances out there. Smells sharp fresh peppery citrus in opening then my favorite is the sweet iris woody powdery dry down. Longevity is great & scent I'd give a 9/10.

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

I think many of the fragrance houses know that there are people out there who just can't say no to flankers just because they like the original, they have to have the flankers...

One of the people is my husband. He likes DH very much on the day he first sampled it, the SA then let him tried DHI, letting him to make decision either he would spend on DH or DHI, he bought both. Then there comes DHS the one with the clear cap (the old formulation), I never know when he bought it, it's just, there... on the table.

Later, followed with DHS (the new one), DHC (the white one) and yesterday, DHEFM joined the club... ( he went to Dior counter to buy me Miss Dior, I'm pretty sure he just saw DHEFM, and bought it)

I know he likes DH more than the other DH version. He'll buy DH when the one he has almost emptied. He rarely use DHI, DHS DHwhaterver... all other DH is almost 90% full... He just want the other DHs to be there...

Should any other version comes to market like what Jasminalia, Camila and Lazaro said... I know my husband will buy it.

Sometimes, I just wish he'd like one of the Dior Haute Perfumerie lines, and wait for him to have all, so that I can use them...

Marciu

How about similarities with Dior Homme Sport 2012? Their notes are somewhat similar and difference is ginger in Sport/coriander in Eau for men...

If someone could compare these two, I'd appreciate...

thepro2cer

Who said this lasts long?
It projects average for 2 hours
Its sillage is not.
Its longevity is 4-5.
Smells like Homme initially, then fades fast into a skin scent. I compared this on each arm and hand, then and did a youtube video. Its just a middle of the road piece for going to cheesecake factory, bar with the boys, bowling. Its not the formal player that Homme 2011 is. Lipstick aside, just buy another bottle of formal homme. If you wana go clubbin daily....buy this. Its cool but not 84 dollars worth. Wanna buy my bottle..missing 2 sprays.

thepro2cer

Who said this lasts long?
It projects average for 2 hours
Its sillage is not.
Its longevity is 4-5.

MSC
MSC

Great news!
Now all we need is the one and only pantydropping Dior Homme Instense eau extreme :)

tavo
tavo

Wishing this is in between dhs and dh. That would be great.

ularewolf

I'm waiting for actual opinions from people who have smelled/worn this fragrance, rather than people going off on the whole "flanker after flanker" thing. Yes, we know, there's many flankers, doesn't mean this fragrance can't be great.

Marciu

Here are the correct and actual fragrance notes:

Moroccan grapefruit, Calabrian bergamot, coriander
Tuscane iris absolute
amber, Virginia cedar

At least they match correctly with these on the Dior website...

fotolux
fotolux

Top Notes: Calabrian bergamot, Moroccan grapefruit, Crimean coriander (cardamom???)
Heart Notes: Tuscan iris absolute
Base Notes: Virginia cedar

cologneking
cologneking

To me, it's worth a try. I have and love the " new/reformulation" Dior Homme. I am very willing to give this a try, at least it's not another SPORT or have the overused CALONE ingredient which I loathe with a passion! Also, I like any fragrance with Iris in it but only if done right, if not, it could smell like old senior women. Kinda anxious for a sample...hope Macy's will send me one!?

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

I'm sorry but this still looks fake, or at least totally redundant. Why the need to put "Eau for Men" at the bottom of Dior Homme? Isn't "Homme" enough?

Marciu

Fragrantica, please, don't put the ingredients until you check and verify them! There is no cardamom in here! I understand everyone can be wrong but writing cardamom instead of coriander looks like a bad joke...

Endymion

I'm already booooored to sleep! Sorry Dior.

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

I think they are replacing Dior Homme Cologne! Good! Francois Demachy listened to me when I wrote here it was a copy of Mugler Colone...
At least it looks more creative...

and it looks fresh enough except for the iris middle note... it might be very weak...

the notes in general remind me Dior Homme Sport without ginger and that is great! DHS is good but the ginger note turns the fragrance too sharp for using in a very scorching day... I hope it is now fixed with Eau! Only for not adding calone in a summer male cologne is a positive news!

Thumbs up for DIor!

Lazaro
Lazaro

Camila_1712 you missed....
Dior homme oud edition
Dior homme private colection
Dior homme eau de bois
Dior homme extravaganze
Dior homme le pRemier parfum

Lolollololol

kaysee

It's gonna b boring. Why add citrus to the mix? couldn't they b a bit more original?
Curious about it tho...

gzalvares

probably something intermediate between Dior Homme and Dior Homme Sport / Dior Homme Cologne. Want to bet?!

kl99
kl99

Sure! Just what we need to be confused for the next year.

If you are colorblind there is no hope for you to find or only test this fragrance. Between Dior Homme and Allure Homme you are in the wood. Last time I spray Dior Homme Cologne Sport 2013 and that was so similar to Allure Homme Sport Cologne by Chalel that for a few minutes I said to myself "Why have they change the bottle?" must be a sort o relaunch. Just out of the shop I realized I was thinking and blending two differents and rival companies. I swear I was laughing of myself on the road and I said finally they did, they have won. They confused me. My compliments.

Plantus
Plantus

Honestly this fragrance sounds kinda boring and redundant, a new sporty Dior? But why?

Robert Pattinson image attached it's not helping. (I know Twilight fans will pop my balloons for this LOL )

I'm not holding my breath for this release.