Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Dior Homme Intense Christian Dior for men

Dior Homme Intense Christian Dior for men
dislike

I have it: 1664 I had it: 192 I want it: 883 My signature: 112

Dior Homme Intense Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Intense Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Intense Christian Dior for men Pictures

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Dior Homme Intense was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Top note is lavender; middle notes are iris, ambrette (musk mallow) and pear; base notes are vetiver and virginia cedar.

Lavender

Dior Homme
Valentino Uomo

Dior Homme Intense Fragrance Reviews

May be my 3rd review on this ->

The problem now with this scent is that it lacks longevity since 2013 bottles(batch code or whatever) came out and which continues in 2014.

They must have added a lot of water in it i think.

A scent like this should not have any longevity problems at all and should be strong enough to last atleast 7 + hours.

Not that good which it used to be.(2010 bottles/juice was over the top and was strong and sexy double time , not this watered down one since 2012-13-14 etc.)

I'ma move to valentino uomo , just wait when it drops over here.

bmantrippy
bmantrippy

Recently bought a 2013 bottle of this wonderful juice.

Forgive me God, for I disliked Dior Homme Intense for a very long time. After only one spray of this I was absolutely disgusted with this fragrance. After another brave wear of this fragrance to school, I somehow smelled a different fragrance, and i questioned myself "did i mix this with another great smelling fragrance?". No I did not. The drydown is where EVERYTHING is at in this fragrance. The opening reminds me of old women, but wait 10 minutes and you will surely get past that. I smell vanilla, lots of fresh iris, and a very subtle lavender note. Now i'm in love with this fragrance. VERY unique, in every way... and the ladies seem to like it too. Sillage and longevity are only GOOD for me, which is disappointing. I see any weather with this, but more of a winter fragrance for me.

Overall --

Scent 9/10
Longevity 7/10
Sillage 7/10

Great fragrance, don't doubt it. A must buy for any collector.

Neyzen
Neyzen

This is an extremely long lasting frag with an immense projection and heavy sillage.

Sweet, substantial, with no freshness at all.
Yet it is a masterpiece.
It is not a fragrance, it is the fragrance!
Has the best dry down in the market.

The only reason it is not the best selling one is because it is too much for female partners who smell it right after applying in the store.
If you want a girl try DHI on you, it should be applied from a distance and you should wait for a minute. Then you will see the magic! Yummy!

Yet I should remind you that it is exclusively for night and for cold weather.. Lack of freshness is its only imperfection.

If you over apply or wear DHI in warm weather, you may start to smell like rotten desserts after a few hours, thanks to excessive usage of vanilla without fresh notes.

Every time I use this frag, I hear compliments.. Yet many times after 5-6 hours from application my roommates at work make comments like "the room smells like some food" "Is there some dessert over there?" "Did you drop some food on yourself?". So be careful ;)

Projection: 9/10
Sillage: 10/10
Compliments: 10/10

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

the most serious perfume out of all diors.
a must buy for a boss.

DrumMachine1986

My g/f got me this as a gift, since she loves the smell of root bear and claims that this smells like enhanced, souped up, refined root bear! I'm actually looking to sell this puppy, (or trade if the right offer presents itself). I've tried using it a few times and getting into it, because it is a "pretty" fragrance, it's just simply not for me I've concluded. I have a 3.4oz bottle which is 99% full, so if interested please private msg me. (And since there are two different listing for this fragrance on this site I'm not really sure which one I own at this very moment.) Safe smelling everyone!

J.Gilmore
J.Gilmore

From the 1st spray I got a Play doh like smell but after awhile it changed into a creamy vanilla scent....heavy on Sillage! my gf walked in from work and thought I lit up a scentsy candle, either that or i was baking something in the oven although she liked it. I just received this frag today I may change my opinion later on as the weather gets colder but as for now I am a little let down especially from all the hype that was displayed.

Scotti
Scotti

Wow! I think I can safely say this may be the best in men's designer fragrances.

Sophisticated, elegant, professional, and sexy!

The opening I get a blast of IRIS! with combination of the musk mallow this provides a powdery plasticy smell that is quite intriguing. The mid the pear & cedar comes out and man oh man this is the BEST part of the frag to me. The cedar is definitely the high grade virginian cedarwood.. it's beautiful. The dry down is a smooth almost vanillic drydown (ambrette seeds?) that is smooth as butter and musky.. gorgeous!

I've heard this fragrance dubbed "Lipstick in a bottle", and while yes, I can see the Iris being a waxy/plasticy vibe.. to me this smells much more sophisticated than a lipstick smell. I've also heard numerous times this fragrance dubbed as feminine; I totally disagree. I think it's actually a quite masculine fragrance. The cedar which is so rich & dark due to the virginian cedar used.. to me it's the most powerful part of the fragrance, and it smells very mature, and elegant at the same time.

The bottle is amazing, and the spray(atomizer) is incredible! You can actually control spray amounts with the atomizer.

IRIS+
PEAR+
MUSK+
CEDAR=
Amazing WAXY Elegant smell.

BEST DESIGNER FRAGRANGE???? Possibly yes.

Javi0005
Javi0005

Oh well, I think I'll have to go buy another bottle of DHI now, you know, just to add it to my DHI collection, because with Dior you don't collect new perfumes, you collect new reformulations!

EddyC
EddyC

this scent is a 10/10

projection and sillage are outstanding, last night around 11pm did one spray on my arm, and today at 15:32pm and after a shower at 7:00 am i can still smell it

xopreciseox
xopreciseox

It's OK. Smells better on a girl than a guy that's for sure. But it is still ok. Very unique, nothing like it. It is cloying at first. That powder really gets in your nose. Similar to kouros, in the way it smells better from a distance then up close. I just feel like it smell's of a 20 year old girl who just who just got out of the shower and put on make up. That is the type of projection this frag gives off.
If you want a frag with same vibe but more masculine get m7 oud absolu.

LadyKiller
LadyKiller

I didnt smelled the hype.Her sister is far better than this composition.Buy Dior Homme instead Intense version is only better for night time usage but Dior Homme is way more versatile for any other occasion you can think of.
Scent : 8/10
Projection Long. Sillage :9/10
Overall :8/10
Great fragrance but DH >>>

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

I blind bought this. I tryed to find it, to actually smell what all the fuss was over? Now that I have been wearing this scent daily for the past three weeks. I am now in league with the "Fans". This juice smells like know other. That I know of. To me it smells amazing. I am not concerned about how far the smell travels or how long everyone can smell it. Those are none of the reasons I choose any scent. I am only concerned with it being enjoyable. You can always reapply to recharge the greatness. I know nothing about the past formulation. But I do know that this smells amazing

Nonaquatics
Nonaquatics

Im a little disappointed, the smell is the same but the projection/longevity is no more than average, i have the 2014 version they´ve must added some water. Just have to look for another signature now.

Juancho410
Juancho410

My top ONE fragrance. Its the NON PLUS ULTRA of the scents.

saskonn
saskonn

my best fragrance; that is all

Klinz

Sillage : 9/10 ใหญ่
Scent : 9/10 แซ่บ

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Started wearing this again this week. It is class in a bottle. 12+ hrs I got! It creates a solid scent bubble of 2 feet. Its not going to take over buildings or grab people by the throat but anyone coming near that 2-3ft bubble will know you have style and real quality on.

Few are worth every penny but this is. Masterpiece.

renzo77

I have a bottle of 2013 and now in 2014 there is not difference is pure lie (the color of the liquid is lighter than the old) people still have that unmistakable smell of makeup even so keep trying and trying in my 2 dolls both is the same and same longevity
sillage 6/10
longevity 8/10
scent 8/10

henke_west
henke_west

This is one of the greatest. First burst is the cloud of the fresh linen like iris enchanting every nose nearby. Underneath that lures the dark bitter cocoa note which follows the whole composition. When it settles down you’ll have a fruity buttery pear/vanilla/iris note. I don’t get the vetiver and wouldn’t call it woody. Long lasting, good projection. Though it is a batch from middle of 2014 with less iris hence less projection less unisex.

Knows2Nose
Knows2Nose

Well, DHI lives up to it's hype. Arguably one of the best smelling scents out there. The initial spray is harsh, as most good, quality colognes are, but the magic happens in the dry down. The iris takes a back seat and the the sweetness really shows up. It smells like a combination of pear and vanilla. You can still detect the iris but it's mild and soft, not the main note. In fact it's a great balance of Pear, Vanilla, Iris, and Sandalwood. There is also a slight powderiness. They all just blend in beautifully.

Pete89
Pete89

I was not impressed at first, mainly because of the strong iris ('lipstick') opening. Tried it out recently again and let it dry on my skin for the duration of the scent. And guys, this is amazing juice. Quality stuff! First of all, the longevity is INSANE. I sprayed this on my chest and neck (total: 3 sprays) for a night out and could still smell it when I got back home.

The sillage is good too, but never offensive (as long as you don't overspray, which you should never do anyway). The best advice I could give you is to score a sample and to test the full duration of the scent, since the opening might fool you into thinking this is an average scent. It's not, trust me. I give it 4.5/5 stars.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

I'm usually suspicious of fragrances that get rave reviews: most of the time, I end up disappointed.

However, the first morning I applied DHI I was walking around town and every time I caught the fragrance in the air, I thought to myself, "God I smell good. Yep, that's me, God I smell good." I'm narcissistic like that.

It has a very strong, almost overwhelming opening and the best word I can use to describe it is 'smudgy'. The drydown is where it sings: a subdued iris enveloped with pear and a distinct cacao note. Not really sure what ambrette smells like so can't comment on that and I don't get the base notes at all.

I'm not really familiar with the smell of lipstick/makeup bags but DHI does have an effeminate feel to it. This doesn't really bother me. I don't like it quite as much as those first few wears, but I still quite like it.

DHI is a strong contender for my signature fragrance (up against the likes of Pale Grey Mountain Small Black Lake, Kalemat and Vetiver Hombre) I do however want to try the new Dior Homme Parfum first and I believe Calvin Klein Reveal Men may be shaping up as a contender too.

filhomme
filhomme

I have the Batch code 4P01. On my skin the longevity is about 10+ hrs and Proyection around 3 hrs very heavy on cold weather. I don´t have any previous formulations of this fragrance, but on my skin this develops very well so I'll give 10/10.

mohdjana7i
mohdjana7i

After testing this, I knew why a lot of people here love it! Yes, at first you might find the smell a little weird for a men's fragrance, especially if you prefer masculine scent (which I DON'T), smells like makeup at first. But that dry down is AMAZING! I don't see the cacao note here but I could definitely smell it during the dry down, along with the Iris.

One of the main reasons why I liked this is because I don't like men's fragrances that are too masculine or citrusy, so I'm glad I found this, it's definitely unisex. So, if you're looking for a unisex scent, go get this. If you prefer your fragrances either too masculine or too feminine, forget about this.

I sprayed it one my hand 4 hours ago, I can still smell, and I can't stop smelling myself. The projection in the first hour was very heavy! Just one spray on the hand, I could still smell it while I was walking with my hands down. So I guess don't go crazy when you're spraying this, a maximum of 3 spray will do.

Will definitely buy this soon.

bogartpourhomme
bogartpourhomme

I have the 1X01 Batch which is from October 2011. Smells absolutely wonderful and is in my top 3 of all time best fragrances for men!
To me this is sex in a bottle :)

jerseyjoe1981
jerseyjoe1981

I have a 2014 April batch and I think it smells great. Lasts roughly 6 hours and projects like a beast for the first 3 hours.

lalelu

PS: Also the pear not has been taken out again ( which was mad sexy mixed with the amber and cocoa :(( )

lalelu

Guys be warned.It seems dior reformulated again in late 2013!!Looks like they tried to get that old vanilla back but they messed up. The smell of all 2014 is much more linear and also projection and longevity is toned way down. Very said but trough (i got little samples of all late 2013 and 2014 batches so i could do good testing ) ..

benchaabanebechir
benchaabanebechir

i got a 2014 bottel (4Q02) it is great long lasting and good sillage & more iris ;)

spidey3
spidey3

Planning on buying another 150ml bottle,but...
will this be toned down with weak silage?
Anymore opinions about 2013-2014 batch?
And what about 150ml--is it less strong?
Don't want to risk buyning the new valentino and also get bad silage and longevity..

joshualim90
joshualim90

I am having a Feb 2014 batch (4P01), longevity and sillage is definitely an issue. In stores they are selling both 2014 and 2013 ones, so please do check the batch codes out before buying.

Jefdaj
Jefdaj

If like DHI, pls try Shalimar P.I. - You will be suprised :-)

Jose Marcos

Sorry, but my 2011 bottles are not that sweet and there's a big deal of lavander throughout the scent making it almost herbal bitter. And yes, it's still an iris bomb. Pure class. Won't waste any money on older bottle. Now I also see some similarity to 31 Rue Cambon. Iris, iris, iris...

Casavulva
Casavulva

Big disappointment this reformulation (2011). The older version was a big iris/cocoa-and-vanillacream combo that according to a once famous reviewer was designed so that you should smell better that anybody else. And you did.

This new version is iris/pears-and-white-sugar, made for a younger audience. Much sweeter to my nose, but the kind of sweetness that I find artificial (think candyfloss) and unbalanced. Iris seems different also, more immediately likeable, but also more synthetic if that makes sense. Not for me this one.

Some will love this fragrance, I guess. I had to give my bottle away, and I miss the old version.

4/10 (Sorry, DHI 2011 lovers!)

EDIT: I withdraw my earlier score. I gave my bottle to a friend of mine, and after smelling DHI on him it seems better. Less white sugar and more iris and cocoapowder than on my skin. Still with the new note of pears, but also still masculine yummy vibes. Good for nightlife.

7,5/10 (The old was 9,1/10)

S.Banks
S.Banks

Faint hints of makeup, light vanilla, and the smoothest chocolate you'll ever smell. This is a HEAVY HITTER! The lavendar and pear combination play exquisite supporting roles and make up an allstar line up of notes. One of my signature cold weather fragrances, you can't go wrong.

lalelu

the old one is very heavy on the vanilla were the new one has a little more leather, mixed in with some fruity aspects, comming from the pear. the vanilla is still there but more in the background and, imho, better balanced. if you ask me its also easier to pull off

Bewar
Bewar

Can anybody tell me what's the difference between the new version(reformulation 2011) and the vintage?

Henrythe9th
Henrythe9th

Sillage: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10 (8 + hours)
Versatility: 9/10
Overall: 35/40 (Sophisticated, Lovely!)

It might not be the most complex scent on the market. But to me, it was love at first sniff. The generous warmth, the sweatness, the vanilla. To me it´s like a full bodied, improved version of the already great original. Dior Homme Intense is quite pricey where I live, but among the very few that´s actually worth every penny. I love it!

kloobnika
kloobnika

After trying hundreds of perfumes marketed for women, I switched to unisex and then started exploring fragrance for men. And that's how I found my dear DHI.

If someone sprayed this one on me without telling what it is, I would've never guessed it's for men. It's so sweet and warm (I swear after at times it even remind me a little of Zara Oriental). My father actually told me it smells like an elegant 40something woman. Somehow, at the same time, I wouldn't mind smelling it on a man either. It's not feminine, it's sexy and sophisticated.

I adore it and will definitely purchase for winter.

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

Dior Homme Intense (DHI) is warmth in a bottle. It is a sophisticated scent, floral, while retaining the smooth elegance of the original Dior Homme (DH).

Make no mistake though, this is not merely an intense version of the original. Beyond the primary similarity orbiting the Iris accord, DHI is much deeper, more captivating and comforting than the original.

That said, DHI is less versatile than DH - I would use DHI only when the weather is cooler, as it will certainly become cloying in the heat.

If you insist on having the most masculine notes possible in your fragrances, DHI is not for you. But neither is DHI girlish. Instead, it is manly in an effortless way, being sensitive while simultaneously exuding a suave and alluring aura.

Dior Homme Intense is a floral perfume for men... Get over it already.

Smell: 9.5/10
Longevity: 10-14 hours
Projection: 4-6 hours
Sillage: High
Compliment Factor: High

If Dior Homme Intense were a song, it would be "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone.

qatarkind
qatarkind

AMAZING!! it is very luxurious fragrance. I like to say it's smart brother of Shalimar initial fragrances. It's Powdery Woody Floral scent good for male and female. Bold and strong scent love it. It's good on rich men.

Erikkkk
Erikkkk

Warm Up!
I describe this frag like a blossom of lavander in the to p notes who cheats you with fresh accords. Fool of you. In few minutes the iris and ambrette warm the place, and getting hot, hot, hot, and blended by the sweet pear liquor; the cedar and vetiver close to skin turn more masculine vibe. The lipstick powdery are the, chasing places with the ambrette. I think the vintage the iris note is more unique, shine more, pure; here we have a blend, also amazin, hot.

parfumlikker
parfumlikker

Dior Homme Intense is a top5 fragrance(of all time). It smells really great.
I get all the hype and it's well-earned.

I wear this one all seasons, but it is just sooooooooo freaking good when it is raining.. I cant describe the smell of DHI when it rains. Damn.

Lipstick bag? I dont know... and I dont care... I love both DH and DHI.

Both must have fragrance.

androidi
androidi

Powdery iris at first, then transformation into a wonderful gourmand. A magnificent surprise, much better than I ever expected. Definitely unisex.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

I got this as a gift,i like it,its sensual,sophisticated ,soft and vanilla powdery.As i said i like it but i don't get all the hype about it.Originally i tested the Dior homme eau de toilette and the longevity & sillage was weak, 3-4 hours top and after 1 hour just vanilla skin scent,someone said that on the dry down i smell like donuts!
The intense-perfume version smells exactly the same but it does have better longevity around 7-8 hours yet the intensity it's almost the same,stays close to the skin.I find it hard to believe that on other stays more than 12 hours but maybe it's just my body chemistry...So far 1 Million intense has the best longevity and super sillage 24 + on skin and i can still smell it after my t-shirts were washed...that's money well spent!

freddo
freddo

This fragrance makes you feel like you own the world. I am currently sitting in class and all the students are on their knees worshipping me because of my amazing smell. After the alcohol evaporates the top notes of lavender and sweet come together to form the scent of fairy floss. The cocoa/vanilla/caramel notes then arise and will entrance anyone and everyone. Some argue that with the musky base notes it may be a more mature scent but i disagree. This fragrance can be worn by all ages and will instantly make you wanted by women. IT WILL GET YOU LAID!

SmutRavageur
SmutRavageur

Contrary to what many are saying, I don't find Dior Homme Intense feminine at all. Classy and sophisticated, two words it's oftentimes dubbed, yes, but equating it to the scent of a makeup bag? It's so much more than that. (I do have to say, though, that there's a reviewer below that said he didn't expect the makeup smell -- I guess somebody didn't do their due diligence in researching before buying, but I digress.)

Call me insane, but the smell from the atomizer/sprayer smells like Rockstar original (energy drink). Of course, the actual smell of the juice once it's on the skin turns into a powdery iris blend that captures the senses, hooks you and keeps you locked in and doesn't let go, and once you experience the smell, you'll see that such an occurrence is a good thing. Beautiful fragrance; I love it.

AlexV
AlexV

My favorite fragrance sofar, only it's not suited for hot weather. Then it's "too much", so you wanna get another scent for summertime. This is really a good fragrance for when you go on a date. It's expensive but it lasts and smells great.

michael.githiomi
michael.githiomi

i blind bought this today n got it this afternoon. i was so ecxited to have a sniff so right ahead i did two sprays on my upper side elbow. then all went crazy on me. the smell of my sisters makeup all over my body was not what i expected from a $120 bottle. it somehow dissapointed me. the longivity is amazing and the sillage on my skin is good but am not sure i wat to smell this girlish. i love the bottle and i will try it a couple more times. maybe am judging it too early.

update.....
i have been trying this the past week and i must admit it is a beautiful scent once the nose gets used to it. one of my favorites now.

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

A delicious and rich, sweet, yet masculine fragrance that lasts forever without being cloying or offensive. I must say that I do believe François Demachy seems to have gathered a bit of inspiration for this one from Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. Not that that is a bad thing by any means. Both are beautiful fragrances, similar but definitely not the same, and both leave me feeling like I am sitting in a warm french bakery. Nom Nom :)

LouisedeParis
LouisedeParis

Dior Homme Intense is my man's signature scent since our first rendez-vous: not sure if it played a role on me haha, but this is by far one of the most alluring scents for men on the market.

Unique, sweet, warm and powdery, comforting, long lasting, slightly musky, this is a true masterpiece. A daring, almost niche quality fragrance inside a designer bottle, that basically turned my french man into an edible chocolate-vanilla cake.

It is very long lasting and projects well. He'd just spray it twice in the neck, once on his shirt and he would be good to go for a whole day of compliments (most coming from women, but I advise them to stay AWAY!). I borrow it from him sometimes, to me it is definitely unisex.

The bottle looks great, classy without tacky fanciness.

Guys, do wear this. You'll smell like a real Parisian gentleman.

frag-overdose

lipstick vibe is to
die for.

-------------------------------------

Just want to add, DHI 2013 has
paler juice as compared to the vintage
and earlier version, as mentioned
in the Raiders of the Lost Scent Blog.
I like the amber juice more because
it just look nice in a dark DHI bottle.

mmironov
mmironov

One word - sophistication.

JoeOM
JoeOM

There are no words for this fragrance, it's just that good! My best blind buy ever! Superb.

maiandros
maiandros

It is different from CD Homme. More heavy but also interest and not only for clubing. Ok it is sure that CD Homme is one of the most "wearable" parfumes but homme intense is different. Sexy, strong, you can be sure that you will get compliments...

EgoManiac
EgoManiac

really good fragrance, a must have for me since i have smelld it.
i have the 2013 bottle (3W01).

but not for everyone.

lasts very long time, about 12 hours, but be careful, if you spray it to the clothes it will stick to them really long time.

projection is good, about 5 hours it projects well and people can smell you in your area from 2 meters.

lots of compliments.

matta74
matta74

A true masterpiece, and a must have of every man in his perfume collection..

ezeizat

To clarify this has been reformulated about 9 times.
List if Batches...

2U01
3V01
3X02
3Y01

Sourcing information from "Raiders of the Lost Scent Blog"

I quote.. " Batches from 2007 to 2010 are really identical each other, with a crisp and beautiful vanilla-iris-chocolate accord, along with the best DHI tradition.
Batches 2N01 and 2U01 are different from others: the chocolate seems less solid, so the iris take the advantage. Thes batches appears more Iris-centered. It's a paradox: if you love mainly the Iris note, you should seek year 2012 batches. Rarely I found a strongest Iris note. However, it's still DHI, although reformulated: no doubt. It could be considered almost a DHI "flanker".
Year 2013: this is the pivotal point. The strangest thing is that.... all three batches smell the same, and all three are pretty similar, if not identical, to the "Vintage" ones. Nonetheless, if you look at the juice of the last two batches (3X02 and 3Y01), it's appear almost "transparent". Apparently, another reformulation occurred during last months of year 2013, but it seems not to have changed -luckily- the smell. Until now. "

All "year 2013" DHI batches are solid. If you like DHI, buy any year 2013 batch: juice color apart, you will be not disappointed.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I have used probably 6 oz of this! a true masterpiece. Some are getting this confuse with DH when they are saying it smells of powder. The drydown is very woody and masculine. Cedar and ambrette dominate with traces of lavender. Very long lasting and well priced. It gets plenty of compliments and the sillage is phenominal!! My best blind buy of all time and it will remain in my rotation. Even the reformulation is not lacking from the initial juice.

panoulis1992

longevity:10/10
projection:10/10
sillage:10/10
versatility:8/10
overall:47/50

Mikeyd

Niche or designer one of the safest best smelling of all time.

Mikeyd

Niche or designer one of the safest best smelling of all time.

Louismanuel
Louismanuel

The problem with Dior: apart from the price that is:
It's so powdery. It reminds me of my mothers powder box with mirror. It's feminine. That's what it is.
It is a Beast, and I do not dislike it. But by now I am starting to get curious about female fragrances.
I mean, If guys (normal men, or macho men) can wear these fragrances, than I am sure many female fragrances should be suitable for men. Because, nothing is more feminine than the old ladies powder cream boxes.

And it is on more of Dior's fragrances.
I wanted to increase my summer fragrances collection and tried Dior Homme Sport. But the 2012 edition has the same powdery cream. Less heavier than on Intense version, but still feminine.

Furthermore, their TV ad, is so stupid.
A very young unshaved guy with hard rock music, DOES NOT SMELL like a 60 year old Grandma.
Robert Pattison it's just a kid.

sdcga161

The more I live with this fragrance, the more impressed I am, not just by the scent itself but by Dior for producing it. I've actually been acquiring quite a collection of niche scents of late, and this DHI can hold it's own with any of them. It's every bit as interesting and compelling, and in many cases more so, as bottles 3 or 4 times the price. So kudos to Dior for making a truly first-class mainstream fragrance.

mikel.joko
mikel.joko

beberapa detik setelah semprotan pertama tercium jelas aroma lipstik yg sangat kuat,,,,tapi itu tidak lama,,setelah ny aroma lipstik toned down dan aroma nya menjadi lebih powdery pada fase ini mengingatkan saya pada VCA MIP...dan setelah 2 jam aroma coklat yg menggoda mulai mendominasi....dan dry down nya ditutup oleh vanilla+coklat yg kadar manis/pahit nya pas menurut saya...1 kata untuk parfum ini.....SEXY!!!!

S; 8/10
L: 10/10
P: 8,5/10
scent: 10/10

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

From the start, this fragrance erects itself as a musk bomb, and quickly spreads to fill whatever space you are in. When you first spray it, it sits quietly on the skin for a few moments before growing legs and shooting out, dispersing around you like aromatic tentacles to whomever is around.
It is somewhat difficult to classify this smell, as it is quite intense and complex. At first, there seems to be a lot of cocoa, vanilla, and iris all mixed into one beast of a fragrance. There is definitely hints of a whisky, or perhaps scotch like scent in the forefront, but this calms after a while. For the first hour it rages on the skin, shouting loudly before dying down to a quiet hum.
It is difficult to gauge the life of this cologne, as you can fatigue quickly to its smell, simply to have it re-emerge later in complete brilliance. My wife smelled it quite clearly on me a couple hours after application, and said that it was quite potent; at the time she was about five to six feet away. I had since forth grown quite used to its potency, but apparently she could sense it quite well.
This cologne is powerful! I recommend three sprays tops- two to the chest, and one to the neck...OR- one to the chest, one to the neck, and one on each arm for maximum sillage.
I cannot really peg a season for this cologne; perhaps fall and winter, given its warm undertones and musky arousal.
I purchased this from Fragrancex.com, and am quite certain it is the reformulated stock, given the dark cap and tubing. As is, it is still quite potent and musky, even with the foreknowledge of the vintage stock.

Projection: 8/10 (fills a good space around you)
Longevity: 9/10 (8+ hours)
Smell: 8/10 (Quite musky and sweet, possibly to the point of being cloying, yet desirable)
Versatility: 7/10 (Most occasions, save for rare formals)

This fragrance is by far one of the best i have ever smelled, very classy and could even be considered unisex, i love this fragrance on a girl :)

Addan
Addan

I have a tester of dior homme intense edp
Its amazing just one word ; BEAST;
More then 9 hour on my skin
Quality juice
But one thing i cant understand i had same bottle
Before 6 month ( that was finished ) that longevity
Was on my skin maximum 5 hour and now i have a tester
And its gonna be more than 9 hour

paoloalcantara
paoloalcantara

lasts for about 5 hours on my skin.... scent is top notch though.... I just wish I'd get around 8-10 hours on this one...

Fantastic

Wow! This has lasting power! I left my paper on a shelf and since last time I wrote about it kept wafting around and always better! This is a real fantastic scent I would like to smell on myself rather then my bf!

KingLouie
KingLouie

Yesterday I decided to do some fragrance testing, and was eager to try the pour homme intense.

(note: this was tested on paper - I believe this had a huge influence on my smell).

I found this fragrance very offensive, I could definitely smell leather but it reminded me of scotch so much it offended me.

The sweetness everyone refers to as a playdoh smell was very evident and to me was not a nice smell.

However, as 3 hours went by, the smell started to die down into a much more enjoyable scent. Quite sweet but reminded me of something somewhat feminine.

I do not like the aftershave, however I will retry it and make another review but next time spraying it on my skin.

DrumMachine1986

I received this fragrance as a gift, and it truly is a groundbreaking type of scent...if you've smelled it you know why. I feel it doesn't quite fit the mold of my character however, so I've decided to test the waters and see if anyone would like to purchase the 100ml 3.4oz Eau De Parfum (EDP) bottle that is literally 99% full. I mean if you really want to fork up an extra 50$ for a box and 1% more of the fragrance, by all means. But when most online discount retailers are charging upwards of 100$ for this size bottle, it just seems like robbery! So please, don't be shy, message me an offer and we can certainly negotiate - thanks.

Lots of confusion with all these Homme e Homme Intense!
I think I tried this version because it was a recent discovery and maybe the old one is not sold anymore in mainstream perfume shops.
I like it and I find it very similar to Prada Infusion d'Iris.
The lavender is present but this is not a lavender scent at all. It's all about powdery iris and hopefully about ambrette seeds which comes from a tree and smell close to musk. It's an expensive oil. Most perfumes use synthetical substitute.
The woods are so nice here. The cedarwood seems to be present evrywhere, possibly as a cheaper alternative to endagered sandalwood. I prefer sandalwood in both male and female scents, but cedarwood together with vetiver is well balanced in Dior Homme Intense.
This fragarnce has a great sillage and great duration. It's cosy, sensual and elegant, but that's not your typical rude male cologne, so I can see how many men would prefer a fragrance that smells more masculin according to cultural standards. If you don't care about acquired tastes, I suggest you to go and try it on your skin and see for yourself if it fits the way you want to smell.
I made my bf smell this without telling him what it was and he immediately said: Nice, but it smells like a woman.
IMO the only complaint is that by the end it smells a little bit like boric baby powder.
A winner anyway and good quality. You don't need to spray a lot.

رائع رائع رائع انا مدمن هذا العطر

sdcga161

It took me forever before I could decide if I liked this one or not. I can see where it generates strong opinions in both directions. I actually started appreciating it after I purchased Dior Homme. It's almost like I needed an introduction to the Extreme. ?In any case, it's a favorite now, and I get lots of compliments at work. In fact, I have all of the current Dior line and all of them are very popular.

Tweleve

As a testament to the quality of this fragrance, let me give a bit of insight to my day. I woke up at 6:00 AM to take a shower, got ready and left my house to go to work by 7:30, and I applied one spray to my neck. I work retail, and my position keeps me physically active throughout the day. Got home around 5:30 PM, and it's still going at a good strength. Around 8 PM I went out for a walk and stopped by Macy's to test out La Nuit, did one spray to my wrist. It's 11:30 now, La Nuit is more or less a skin scent by this time. As I went to wash my hands, my body temperature went up a tiny bit, and I kid you not, I got a full whiff of DHI again. Not a teasing nuance, not a hint, a FULL whiff.

The only reason I'm scared to apply this fragrance is that I don't know what the odds are that I'll be able to find the current batch I'm using again in the future. I do not look forward to the day I run out of DHI

Tweleve

Just got mine in the mail, May 2013 batch if it matters to anyone. Words escape me at the moment, the only way I can describe this is warm, sweet, and ADDICTIVE vanilla. I've dabbed around with vanilla fragrances before and usually felt like they were nice, but didn't particularly care to wear them. This on the other hand, is a game changer for me.

Projection is amazing as I expected it to be, one spray on the wrist and I'm easily getting it, as well as leaving a trail wherever I walk. This fragrance shouldn't need more than two sprays.

Wise-222
Wise-222

this perfume is beautiful and attractive.

Bcshak
Bcshak

I anxiously waited until I was finally able to try it, only to be greatly disappointed by the sheer lack of masculinity in this fragrance. No offense to those who love it but this smelled GREAT on my wife and made me smell just like her, which to me isn't something a man or a woman should want. Longevity and Sillage are fantastic though! My wife will enjoy the remainder of the sample for those special occasions and I may just get it for her. For me, I'm just shocked at how popular this is as a mens fragrance but to each his own. One off my list and more for the rest of you.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Fabulous, magical, wonderful! I have not bought it yet, but I think I'll buy it next winter. According to me, the best I've ever created Dior perfume .. Lasts a long time, talc, perfume has a unique and special.Congratulations Dior.

Sillage: 9/10
Parfum: 10/10.

deda147
deda147

I like to smell this one on others. It's a bit too heavy and dense for me to wear though. Not feminine at all, but works great as an unisex fragrance. It's comforting and soothing. For a lighter option you could opt for Valentino Uomo.

king_basim

ولكنه شهى جدا

وراقى ولا تمل من رائحته

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I'm not a fan! While I somewhat enjoy the scent, and it is certainly quality juice, it's a powder-bomb and my wife and daughter said I smelled like a chic. Not exactly a glowing endorsement for a manly/sexy fragrance. Conversely, they both said it's something they may actual wear...and I welcome them to do so. I'm sorry, but DHI is not something I'm likely to wear with all the wonderful fragrances on my shelf.

On a positive note, DHI projects well and, in fact, has great longevity...in my closet, because that's where it will be sitting (good looking bottle by-the-way) for the remainder of my life. Do not blind buy this one!

Update: I've changed my dislike to a like. Okay, it's still not a very masculine scent IMO, but I do appreciate it even more and I am wearing it tonight and plan to so occasionally when the cool fall weather returns. Another reason I'm changing my dislike is because my 13-year old daughter has gone through half of my 100ml botting since I got it back in March (about 4-1/2 months) and it smells really, really nice on her and my wife. Dior could easily market this fragrance as Pour Femme Extreme.

warlockss

its a very comforting and uplifting scent . i sometimes wear a spray of this to bed . wore it to work and my co-worker said what that hell is that awesome scent showed him the bottle and he loved it he then sprayed about 5 sprays , told me later that it was too powerfull like he was gonna pass out and puke lol , but then when it settled down he loved it again .
so thats a warning dont spray it then immediatley surround yourself around other people it will overpower them . spray some then let it dry down a bit before going next to anyone .

Marciu

@ezeizat - as far as I know IF the reformulation took place, it was in May 2013. Starting from 3S01 batch.

tonitiwari
tonitiwari

In one word. Fantastic. Alright I'm gonna use few more words. sensual, seductive & addictive (yeah, bcoz I keep returning to apply it every other day though I own a huge collection of fragrances)
Longevity is good on me. I do spray 6-7 times & can smell it for 7-8 hours.
It projects quite well also.
If you havent yet, do try it once atleast. you wont be disappointed.

MaaikW
MaaikW

I absolutely love DHI, and my boyfriend and I are both wearing it. I was surprised however about the comments on ithe vanilla/chocolate/sweet notes, because (luckily) I don't get them at all. But maybe the 2013 version has indeed been overhauled. IMO this is a good thing. In fact Irecently bought a bottle of Chanel Egoiste, which I really liked 10 years ago, but now I find it way too sweet and vanilla. What I like about DHI is that it's not sweet at all, and not gourmand (like Chanel Egoiste). It's the most powdery scent I know and I love that!

ezeizat

My bottle of the reformulated version was made in April of 2013 & I experience above average longevity & good projection with this fragrance. (My family does to)

Longevity on my bottle has reached 18 hours multiple times. Silage leaves a trail 8 feet away.

If this was reformulated again I would have to guess it was late 2013 not mid or the people commenting skin chemistry's are just different.

MarikaKhodr
MarikaKhodr

An absolutely wonderful perfume with a creamy vanilla drydown, a little peppery spice and an ongoing freshness to it. Totally unisex. The problem is the unbelievable poor lasting power and non existing sillage. I'm wearing it now and all I get after three hours of wearing is a faint scent (if I press my nose hard to my wrist). I know it's not a fake. My conclusion is that my batch (mid 2013) is another reformulated version which is pale and weak. What a disappointment, it's such a lovely fragrance!

Nottinghillbelle
Nottinghillbelle

Just bought this for someone,

I was going to opt for Bleu de chanel or Allure blanche edition. Seemed like the lady instore didn't stock but didn't want to tell me that either..

Anyway I was after a unique smell, nothing common like the Emporio Armani diamonds or the One million scent.

At first it smelt sweet and pretty awesome, she sprayed it on my arm and after 8 hours, it's still there. Getting weaker but if you're after long lasting this is the one.

I wouldn't recommend this for younger men, but please make sure you test it a few times before buying. (This was a hurried buy in a small store :()

I do not regret it though, quite the fragrance, very woody/musky.

Marciu

@Javy Medz - according to what I know Jan 2011 is a vintage. Reformulation took place in May 2011.

darktarot
darktarot

Hemen her incelemede "ruj kokusuna" benzetildiğini okuduğum bu parfüm benim için imza niteliğindedir. Çok kompleks bir parfüm olmadığını ben de kabul ediyorum ama kesinlikle, kullanıcıyı birkaç basamak yukarı çıkaran, elegans, sofistike ve modern bir kokudur Dior Homme Intense.

Parfümü kısaca incelersek: Açılışta lavanta ve derimsi notalarla karşılaşıyoruz. Burası biraz keskin geliyor buruna. O keskin derimsi havayı veren şeyin vetiver/ambrette karışımı olduğunu düşünüyorum. Ardından o keskinliğe iris çiçeği de karışıyor ve makyaj ürünlerini andıran bir koku harmanı oluşuyor. Ama bu kesinlikle kadınsı değil çünkü başlangıçtaki lavanta imdadımıza yetişiyor. Yaklaşık 20 dakika bu şekilde devam ettikten sonra, notalarda yazmasa bile kakao/vanilya bileşeni kendini göstermeye başlıyor. Kakao çok az vanilya ise daha belirgin hale gelerek parfüm ilerlemesini sürdürüyor ve sonuna kadar bu hafif tatlımsı hava devam ediyor.

Notalarda belirtilen armut kokusunu ben alamadım. Çok karmaşık olmayan ama girdiğiniz her ortamda "bu ne ya" dedirtecek kadar da iddialı bir parfüm DHI. Her ne kadar sonbahar/kış mevsimine daha uygun olsa da ilkbahar ve yaz gecelerinde de kullanılabileceğini düşünüyorum.

Kalıcılık ve farkedilebilirlik konusunda ise çok başarılı. Saçlarınıza ve kulak arkalarınıza; ardından da giydiğiniz kıyafetlere sıkarsanız çok uzun saatler etrafınıza kokuyu yayabilirsiniz.

djyodream
djyodream

I have the 2007, 2012, and 2013 batches of this fragrance. Overall, they 2007 version has more of the powdery scent/iris vibe and that seems to be the biggest difference for me from the other two versions I have.

For the fragrance itself, I feel it is very simplistic. It starts out with a strong powdery smell (I understand the lipstick comparison, but it's honestly more powder) with a slight background of sweetish vanilla and a hint of pear (2012, 2013 versions). As the fragrance begins to settle down on the skin the vanilla comes out to the forefront while the powdery notes are now in the back. And that's honestly it. As time goes on, the vanilla keeps on becoming the dominant note and that is how it ends.

Honestly, I feel this fragrance is over-hyped for its lack of complexity. I'm not saying I do not enjoy this, I love the combination of powder and vanilla but I can't see the average person saying this is a really wonderful and complex scent. Overall, this is one for the fragrance head and collector; if you want a good smelling unique cologne, I suggest going with Dior Homme.

Scent Complexity: 5/10
Sillage: 8/10

aleksandar.dragas6

I like it even more when everyone is non stop talking about lipstick note and about reformulations. One of the best perfumes in today's industry! Don't get obsessed with reformulations, just try to enjoy this wonderful fragrance!

KJS88
KJS88

Dior Homme Intense is the epitome of the aesthetic maxim that states "less is more."

I always loved yet hated the original Dior Homme at the same time because its middle aged women's make up kit Iris was oddly, piercingly sweet and loud, and hit me between the eyes, giving me an awful cluster headache all day.

But this gets the balance right. A clean, ethereal, yet rich and quite expensive-smelling blend of iris, tonka, ambrette, musk, vetiver, lavander, cedar, and I'm sure some incense and benzoin that is both lasting and tasteful.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and the compliments I got from beautiful, classy women when I first wore it, from the first spray, to the last, bewitching whispers the next morning.

And that's what Dior Homme Intense does. I whispers and speaks humbly, but precisely and elegantly.

Well done Dior. 10/10.

Rossyh
Rossyh

I've only ever experienced one moment so far whilst sampling all my fragrances where the smell literally made my jaw drop and it was down to smelling this for the first time.

It is simply THEE best smell I have ever smelled and I may as well stop my collection now as I can't ever imagine anything topping it. People may be put off by the iris (yes, yes, it could be perceived as a bit feminine), but it makes this fragrance and is all part of the beauty of it.

DHI lasts 15 hours + easy on me and gets better and better as time goes on. I wore this on a night out once and it smelled amazing, but waking up the next day smelling my arm was the most incredible creamy chocolate/vanilla dry down ever.

I nearly didn't buy this thanks to a lot of reviewers saying it was rubbish compared to the vintage one, but I couldn't be happier that I ignored them as I would have missed out on the smell of my life.

10/10. Perfection.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Hmmm when I sprayed this on paper I thought it smelled the same as Dior Homme and I could not understand the difference.. But I sprayed some on my skin at a profumeria for the first time and now I know the difference.. Dior Homme Intense keeps all the Dior Homme dna but makes it a bit more darker, sweeter, and intense.. Dior Homme does have alot more of the Iris and the "lipstick" vibe than Intense.. Intense is better for a night out, or a nigh time date but I think I still prefer Dior Homme.. But both are great and I would like to own the Intense, maybe sometime in the future..

drewqxc
drewqxc

At first, I was hooked. I couldn't get enough of the powdery/vanilla/hint of spicy notes in it. Additionally, the bottle looked amazing. It is so dark and mysterious, it draws you in. However, I got sick of it. I felt nauseous and I lost my appetite one day. I tried to like it, but I just couldn't. Too much vanilla and the smell was so obnoxious, like a punch to the nose when you open up a heated oven. The once adored DHI was stored into the dark back corner of my wine cooler.... UNTIL one cold morning yesterday.. I did 2 sprays on my chest and I felt happy and cozy. Deff. going to use it more often now!

RECOMMENDED!

warlockss

smells incredible , very delicious . smells really sweet and fruity some sweet waxy notes . mine is a 2011 version i have no problems with it whatsoever , the best blind buy. i dont know what the new versions smell like but this is perfect the way it is .

Pelander
Pelander

I recently bought again DHI after a long time. It's a masterpiece without any doubt. Sweet but masculine. Starts with a poweful iris acord (less than in Dior Homme) and then turns into vanilla woody smell. Projects very well and stay on skin for ages!!! Pure class in a bottle. A compliments getter for sure. 10/10.

biggkingg
biggkingg

Not a fan of original Dior Homme.
This version is far more interesting even if the core of the scent is the same as the original Dior Homme.
Manlier, heavier, sweeter.
Only for a night out or for a cold day.
Very different and unique smell.
Not available here in Canada which makes it even more unique.

Guapo
Guapo

Fantastic! Very good, full of character.

robori
robori

I never bought many male fragrances for not liking strong smell of wood or metal, due to so many indications I decided to try this, and I was very surprised! he really has a vibe of lipstick and colored pencils, but is very strong, very sweet, sticks to the skin and clothing, the projection is wonderful and long lasting on the skin is more than 12 hours, I highly recommend it. is a unique, striking and very sweet perfume.

zoedsilva
zoedsilva

I was trying to guess who was wearing this wonderful fragrance, before I asked my hubby what was he wearing that was not smelling like Chanel but better and he said its in the bathroom . Go check it out was taken back by Dior intense loved it . A great fragrance for a mature confidant man not for young teenage boys ! Great great scent to get the ladies attention!!!!!! I am tempted to steal this from him.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

I love Dior Homme. And everything I love about the original is even better in its younger, stronger brother - Dior Homme Intense. This fragrance is quite simply phenomenal.

I get a delicious dry cocoa/iris aroma with overtones of something sweet, something almost honey-ish - like the smell of the unrefined honey my father collects from his hives while it's still on the waxy combs.

Dreamy, heavenly stuff. In fact, I can recommend spraying this on before bedtime so you'll drift off on a cloud of chocolatey goodness to the land of sweet dreams.

Molko
Molko

Biggest disappointing for me, first I've purchased Dior Homme 100ml (reformed version), but it was very weak, lasts about 1-2 hours, sillage was soft. Now I bought 50ml from Intense version, but this has also poor performance, doesn't project much, the first 15 minutes ok and after turns to skin scent, I don't know why!
My batch number is 3W02 (September 2013).
The smell is heavenly, like a soft suede fabric on my skin, absolute winner scent, I would use only this all the time, but doesn't project and lasts about 4hours on my skin:(
Sillage: 6/10
Lasting: 7/10
Smell:10000000/10

henri345que
henri345que

This reformulation version seems to me somehow like a middle term between the two previous Dior Homme Concentrations, the EDT and the EDP Intense, in terms of how the scent develops on skin. It seems to rescue the powdery iris aspect of the EDT and to soften the vanillic drydown of the Intense turning it into something more woody (but not with not so much cedar as the original EDT seemed to be on my skin). With this, the Shalimar-like vanilla homage has gone alsmot completely, but the elegance is still here. It'd be very nice if they bring back the original intense formulation,reworked maybe in a pure parfum concentration.

osiris5
osiris5

Dior Homme Intense smells very classic and elegant. It has the realm of great class and style.Its definitely something for the great and special occasions where style and elegance is required.
Although Dior is one of the great and more famous brands, it produces special perfumes.
Dior Homme Intense opens with a special woody-floral scent. It is like an explosion of fragrance. The first you notice its that musky woody scent. Later on it changes into a more floral scent where first the iris and later lavender mix with the freshness of pear. Vetiver underlines the woody scent.
It does remind me of Aqua di Parma Mandolora and So elixir purple from Yves Rocher. that describes the more masculine scent and the feminine scent that unite in Dior Homme Intense. Its true a good perfume is in the long run unisex. Its longlivety is very good and projects great.
Be aware it is an EdP and it stays very long on your skin even after a shower. This indicates that there are much chemical components used in this perfume and reading the ingredients sign you can see it yourself. For me this is a minus but just the only one. If you have an allergic reaction or sensitive skin be careful. On clothes it stays also very long. So be careful with spraying.

yuresh
yuresh

i also have a february batch and i noticed when i went few days ago at Douglas and Marionnaud that the juice from late 2013 is not so dark but the smell and all is the same for me....i dont know what to say!all this epic DHI reformulation and changes is getting obsessive :) but still i think it is and it will be forever one of the BEST juices out there! it could be better without the ''stress'' with reforms and all stuff but still thank you DIOR for this one!

arduradu
arduradu

Guys, help! i just got a bottle of this, batch 2013 september. No problem with the smell, is the original that we all love, but i think the juice from this batch (3W02) is a bit weaker than those made at the begining of 2013. The smell is divine, the longevity out of this world 12+, but it has no projection!! Last week i sampled a friend's feb. 2013 bottle and i remember that i was very impressed by the projection of DHI. But mine does not have that projection. Why? Is just me or the reformulation of the late 2013?? Thanks.

Newcollector
Newcollector

No idea what the hype is about. Smells like strait up lipstick. Opening is ridiculously potent and screams feminine. Mid screams feminine, base is just powder and again, screams feminine. I've worn this 2 days in a row now. 4 hits each day. Longevity is ridiculous, silliage is ridiculous, but the smell is just not good. Smells like I have been shrunk, captured, and held captive inside of a lipstick tube and placed in a makeup bag. I get nothing but heavy lipstick smell and like a makeup foundation/powder smell. Not for me. I will stick with A*Men.

jackfort
jackfort

Does not smell bad in any way but a little to feminine according to my girl.

Sillage and longevity are both extremely good.

azizhejji
azizhejji

DHI is lady killer so if u married man don't ever wear it , seductive and erotic with excellent longevity overall use it with caution :)

rolfii
rolfii

very nice scent! try to get a mid/early 2013 bottle ! The late 2013 bottles (september and upwards) are weaker!! see yourself the juice is more transparent, less intense. i also think that all 2013 bottles have more vanilla in them, at least more then my 2011 bottle. i like the smell more than of my 2011 bottle.

many reformulations in recent time... look also at givenchy play intense 2013 versions and ysl la nuit end 2013 versions...sooooooo weak

acc
acc

Great play with flowers. The composition is such a great one that mimicks to be a womanish smell for a very short time(mainly the opening). Than screams masculinity and gives you great confidence.
I think this fragrance is a masterclass and it has a distinctive smell.

neemox2
neemox2

In spite of all the hype on this fragrance, i couldn't help but steered clear of it given its different shades of reformulation reported. However, with recent reports here and elsewhere justifying strongly to experiencing exact similarity between the 2013 production (particularly early and mid) and the vintage version, i decided to give it a shot.

I got a bottle produced in May 2013 with a reference no: 3S01 and i must say i was not not disappointed at all as it delivered appropriately all that i have heard and read on its promise.

On the first night i wore DHI to an all night get-together/dinner party, a friend's girlfriend could not help but openly confessed that i smelt amazingly great, which kinda put me in the spot-light for the rest of the night.

On its second wearing, it was at the ATM where the lady before me turned a couple of times smiling at me and eventually had to ask what i was wearing and complimented me by saying 'you smell nice'. A guy (probably in his late 20's) that just walked-in, paused and almost looking bewildered, said 'someone smells really cool'.

To wrap it up, DHI is a beguiling scent that last a very long time, literally i could still perceive its magic on the shirt it is worn for days. It will get you tons of compliments, which would make you feel good about yourself. It is a scent best reserved for special occasions that involves close encounter with the opposite sex. Also, best worn in cool weather.

A classy scent that gets a cool 10/10.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Tried it today at my local emporium. Very nice winter scent, so warm and inviting, and so well blended: sweet pears and musk, flowers and cedar sit comfortably on a vetiver base.
Longevity is decent, sillage just OK - a juice like this shouldn't be loud!
Maybe not so special as the Terre d'Hermes (earthy note is absent here) but much more pleasant, in my humble opinion.

UPD: Second try. The frag should be called "Immense" - fantastic staying power, I could trace it after 48 hours (!) and two showers (!!!). A masterpiece. Next winter it will be mine, for sure.

josevancouver

OK....so I have a few different bottles of Dior Homme Intense. I have a few silver-collared bottles of the vintage version circa 2010. I have a 2011 August bottle (thanks to checkcosmetics.net), a 2012 bottle and I just picked up a 3X01 October 2013 bottle. After doing a bit of spraying, testing, etc. here's what I have:

1. The 2010 bottles are awesome. There is a difference between the reformulation and the vintage versions. There's just more 'intensity' behind the vintage version - deeper iris/cocoa, etc.
2. My August 2011 bottle (and I am assuming it is a reformulation) is pretty potent and it's more powerful than my 2012 bottle
3. My 2012 bottle is the weakest...it just seems lighter and less 'heavy' than the 2010 bottles and even the 2011 one.
4. My 2013 bottle....is awesome! It reminds me of my 2010 bottles. For some reason the juice seems a little lighter in colour compared to my other bottles (2010, 2011, 2012)but it smells pretty much the same as my 2010 bottles.

Conclusion: if you always wanted to know what the 'vintage' version of DHI smelled like and refused to pay $200+ for a bottle of vintage DHI, get a 2013 bottle. It smells the same to me.

papito28
papito28

Perfect a must have.
Smell 10/10
Longevity 10/10
Projection 10/10

seto2
seto2

I never had anything that smelled this feminine before, but I love it. The powdery lipstick smell really blends well with the hint of peach. The smell can sometimes be mistaked as a female fragrance.
Overtime the smell starts to transform into something that smells alot like Vanilla, however during all the stages, smells very pleasent, and somewhat addictive.

I would wear this at night time, especially on a date, however could be worn during the day, it fits more of a romantic, quiet night.

Smell: 8/10
Longetivy: 10/10

Jose Marcos

I think vintage 2007 original might be a bit hard to find and dearer. The versions from 2013 are closest to original, for example, batch 3P02.

Vladimir0102
Vladimir0102

i can see there are two versions of Dior Homme Intense on fragrantica. i can see the difference in the main accords, but how can i spot the difference between the bottles since they are the same? i want to purchase the woody vanilla version of this.

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Kör alış yaparak önce 100ml'lik şişesini aldım. Hayran oldum. Yaz mevsimine denk geldiğinden çevremdekiler kokuyu ağır buldu. Ben de sadece evde üzerime sıkıp koklayıp durmuştum. Sonra 150ml'lik bir şişe daha aldım. Ancak ya benim burnum kokuya alıştı ya da kalıcılığı ilk aldığım şişe kadar olamadı. Üstelik ikisinin de orijinal olduğunu çok iyi biliyorum. Genç arkadaşlara çok yakışmayacak, klasik veya takım elbise giyenlere yakıştırdığım, 25-30 yaş üzeri ve kesinlikle kış günlerine uygun bir parfüm. Belki kadınsı bulanlar olabilir ancak kesinlikle erkeklere yakışan bir kokusu var. Kadınlar da kullanabilir ancak yaşlı kadınlara uygun olur.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

majecatracho
majecatracho

I really enjoy this new formulation, wore it to a play and my lady loves it, it is a perfect night out scent.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

Just received my bottle in the mail. I am BEYOND pleased. I don't get anything feminine at all. It is what it says it is...Dior homme intensified. I get a slight chocolate note that makes this stuff amazing! It calms down the spiciness. Couldn't be happier. This stuff lived up to the hype.

Marciu

I understand why some people say they get kind of fruitiness with this 2011 version. It's a little sour in the opening, but just a bit. On my skin this lasts about 20 minutes and then you can feel the "regular" powdery iris.

Alawold, wish you'd posted sooner - just sold a 50ml bottle with only
Two sprays used ! :(

musical

Hugely disappointed, has the fragrance of Mr Sheen furniture polish, fly spray and germolene antiseptic cream, I can hear you crying me down from here but remember a scent, fragrance is an individual thing, surely it is better to write an honest, personal review than praise it because it has been praised by my fragrance betters.

andronicos

It's a really good perfume but I definitely prefer the 2007 formulation with the vanilla!

fdelval
fdelval

High class close quarters fragrance. I can see womens in their thirties falling in love for a smartly dressed young man pulling this baby off.

Versatility wise, despite being a romantic scent for me, I can see a lot of scenarios where you could use it if not overapplied.

I don't see this a younger crowd scent. Haven't tried it in the summer but it could be too loud / cloying.

Sadly, I haven't smelled the original one, my rating is 9/10, althought I'd have prefered to rate this one after smelling the original formulation.

midoo
midoo

I bought it yesterday very classy ... wear it you feel like a businessman

SimplyOliver

I've been wearing Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense for Christmas. Literally got an overdose of compliments from family and friends... I believe that this is *the* perfect fragrance for the season. It delivers incredible performances even on my super dry skin, pleases a lot of people, and still manages to retain its uniqueness and to stand out from the crowd of mainstream fragrances.

A masterpiece, and a safe bet with great value for money.

Jose Marcos

Really unexpexted I received a bottle of DHI as a Christmas gift, batch nunber 3v01 of August 2013, and so far it smells the same as my regular reformulated bottle. I will just check sillage and longevity, as for the smell it is just the same. And I am very happy. Merry Christmas everyone.

Edt.: well, it seems that my two bottles, 3P01 and 3V01, are the more recent ones which means that they are in fact very much the same and closer to the 2007 original formula.

Marciu

Ok, I don't know 2007 version, but I can compare my reformulated version to the newest 2013 version.

The newest Dior Intense seems to be much more prominent on iris. I still detect this "milk chocolate" feeling but all in all it's less sweet, more lipsticky. I heard that 2007 version was like this...

Longevity remains the same (8-15 hours), but the sillage with the newest batch is definitely bigger...

However, I love Dior Homme line and each of 4 fragrances is a stable in my collection.

I wonder if Dior Homme Eau for Men will join them...

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I am very confused by all the reformulations. I wonder if I tried on the old or the new formula – the bottle definitely looks like the tall one, rather than the short one.

I am getting into iris perfumes and was encouraged by reviews suggesting this one can be quite androgynous. I really liked the original Dior Homme on a card, but tried it on my skin and was disappointed; the leather predominated in a way that felt too manly for me to wear. Also, I was inescapably reminded of my former boss, who wears it – it felt like he was following me around.

However, I also tried on Dior Homme Intense at the same time and I liked it much more. Although the Dior perfume counter guy reckoned regular DH was the more androgynous and more floral one, I think DHI smelled sweeter (in a chocolatey gourmand way) and, LOL, was not as intense on me.

This was several days ago, and today I put on the cardigan I was wearing at the time and it was suffused with a lovely, rich drydown scent. To be honest I almost enjoyed this more than the fragrance itself – it feels very sensual, like borrowing clothing from a lover.

lumberjack
lumberjack

When i wear it, sometimes i'm finding myself thinking Dior's backstage. Charming womens wearing make up and i'm watching their beauty with admiration. Ok someone pinch me off please, need to wake up...

Jose Marcos

Good news, I will stick to my refromulated bottle, being weaker it means I can wear it more easily and as often as I feel like, without becoming myself a mass destruction weapon. I do not understand this need for nuclear projection and week long longevity. But I guess all of us deserve what we like, so ... I prefer more subdue scents. Thanks God Pure Leather is not that strong...

Edt.: Well, well, well, it seems that my two bottles, 3P01 and 3V01, are the more recent ones which means that they are in fact very much the same and closer to the 2007 original formula.

Marciu

I heard people say bottles from 2013 smell like the pre-reformulated juice. I've decided to check it out today. I'm testing the 3v03 batch bottle - date of production was July 2013.

The "new" juice seems to be stronger, more potent than mine, especially at the beggining. Iris seems to be much more transparent, I'd say the sillage is bigger with the newer juice. About the composition - it's still that milk chocolate, but cocoa is more detectable to my nose

Longevity remains the same.

All in all, I'd say I like the newest juice more.

RobNL
RobNL

Must have, perfectly balanced great longevity and sillage.

SDavis93
SDavis93

Great fragrance,I own this one, but the Original is better in my opinion its more versatile lighter and easy to wear.

This on the other hand smells very similar but is stronger, earthier and darker you do need to be confident to wear these as they are not your average fragrance. Both are amazing classy fragrances very unique smelling, to me it does smell like lipstick mixed with chocolate. but overall great especially in cooler weather. good longevity and projection 7+ hours 8/10.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

So much has already been said about this one. Like the original Dior Homme, Intense is a modern masterpiece: a masculine iris floral, perfect for evenings; a piece of pure luxury that surprisingly no one is copying. This being said, I don't enjoy wearing it; something about the sweetness of the drydown gets to me after a few hours and it just becomes a cloying bother. It is one of the very, very few scents that I find fascinating but cannot wear. Conversely, like the original, it wears beautifully on my wife and hence I enjoy it this way.

Definitely colder weather and evenings with smart dress. It is also jaw dropping on a woman.
(on me: 2/5)

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A combination bold, exotic and yes Demachy had success!
Dior intense both 2007 and 2011 summarizing is a unique scent with a look of intense makeup tone natural by Iris makes it totally unisex. But the situation of sweet and gourmand notes like vanilla and amber add a need to calm this intense tone powdery iris and surely this combination was sublime giving a tasty comfort.
Dior Intense for me is one of the few perfumes fragrance that will hardly copied over tens years a work of art.

aleksandar.dragas6

If you are into fragrances you must have this. This is one of the best perfumes ever! So delicious, powdery, floral.. just perfect :) longevity and sillage are enormous.

Hussin1989
Hussin1989

عطر مثير ورائحته مميزة فواح وراقي يحسسك باأنك من الاغنياء

anna.dkr5

I'm not sure what's happend to my nose. I used to LOVE this fragrance, so much so that I would apply it (sparingly) in Summer, too. It smelled absolutely delicious. Then, all of a sudden, it started to make me feel nauseated, and I can hardly stand it anymore. :(

Marciu

I disagree that it's not worth to own both Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense. Straight opposite. I'll tell you why.
Intense 2011 is beautiful but linear. It's iris syrup all the way through plus milk chocolate plus vanilla in the drydown.
On the other hand, Dior Homme is live, vibrant, it's changing while it lasts on skin, at least at mine. And I'm talking about reformulated Dior Homme.

I'd say that Dior Intense might, I repeat, MIGHT start to be boring faster than Homme EDT, at least for me.

That said, I always want to have a big bottle of Dior Homme and a small one of Dior Homme Intense in my collection.

twlahue
twlahue

Saw this for sale in the Atlanta Airport and Guatemala City Airport Duty Free Store this week.

elieg2458

Superb Dior Quality
Cool Weather & Romantic Evening Scent
Slightly Different Dior Homme
Not Different Enough to Own Both

DHI is very similar to the original Dior Homme with more of a milk chocolate vibe, a little more lipstick and a little less floral/powder sparkle. While I love both, this isn't different enough to justify owning both.

Longevity: Very long lasting, 12+ hours
Sillage: Moderate to heavy
Bottle: Simple & elegant
Value: Moderate
Scent: Masterpiece, like the original

Score: 10/10

MuhannadQahtani
MuhannadQahtani

عطر رائحتة خيالية جدا جدا جميلة اشوف انة مناسب لعمر ما فوق الـ 15 للشباب خفيف ثابت لكن مو فواح :( ثباتة مقارنة بباقي العطور اشوف انة عادي في ساعتين الريحة تروح :( لكن لازم يكون عندك هالعطر

benkim
benkim

I blind bought this, because of so much hype, and I just think it's a mediocre fragrance.. Not so bad, but not so good either.
I occasionally wear them, to enjoy that cocoa buttery scent, but no way I am feeling "this is THE FRAGRANCE i have been looking for".

I don't get the hype.. I prefer just plain Dior Homme..

Jayela
Jayela

you know, I am a girl that being charmed by this scents beauty. I love sniffing this scent when people passing near me. Kep it in your minds, lots of woman think like me.

ed
ed

Now this one I like, but I've only worn it once so I have no idea whether it's going to be a 'like' or a 'love' yet. Will have to report back.

torres71
torres71

Kapuzik, try vintage version! it's gorgeous!

Kapuzik
Kapuzik

Sorry, but this one is like a vanilla chocolate air freshner.My husband loves it and I just cannot stand this sharp smell. Too much and Too artificial synthetic smell.

deathadder

David Jones in melbourne cbd has DHI over dior counter. Tried it and kind of like it. $99/50ml and $138/100ml.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This one honors its name!
It’s not another of those intense versions that have nothing to do with the original. This is very similar to the traditional version (EDT), but creamier, more gourmand, actually more intense.
And does not have that "makeup smell" that Dior Homme EDT possesses. The aroma is already well evolved since the beginning of its application.

Incredibly, its composition is simpler than you think: there are no notes of cocoa and leather, present in the Cologne and EDT versions. In this version, the scent opens with the Tuscan IRIS note, is enriched by the creaminess of the ambrette butter (acquired through the Hibiscus seeds), resulting in an aroma of musky and fruity nuances, and ends with the wealth of the Virginia cedar, terminating the fragrance in a more well-behaved and less powdery manner.

Lasting power: more than 10 hours!

danielson1
danielson1

One word; delicious.

34THN13
34THN13

Attractive,gentleman,sexy,mysterious,elegant,characteristic,class = DIOR HOMME INTENSE !

Dior Homme Intense very good man scent like as magnet.People or friends most compliments for u when u wear this stuff.. When u spray Dior Homme Intense on your clothes 3 days later stay..Best Iris and Vetiver notes in this bottle.. Very strong and powerfull scent.Only 3-4 spray enough.. Longevity amazing, Sillage amazing ! So different other scents so rich and high quality.. Best way to influence of woman.. Best special occasions scent.. When u wear this stuff people turn heads for u ;)

Sillage: 10/10

miishutka
miishutka

¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ ROLLS-ROYCE OF SCENTS !!!

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

@ pronose
Why did you not just give it back to your gf.... obviously she liked it and therefore bought it for you. Many women like to wear this themselves, so instead of throwing it in the garbage you could have given it back to her... maybe she would love to wear it herself, or she could take it back to the store.
Or you could swap it... such a waste to throw it away.

crepedechine

When you get used to this fragrance, any other fragrance would smell cheap no matter how much you love them before. One more thing, the drydown is in one word; PERFECT! So beautifully warmly powdery! No word to describe it, I can smell it for keeps!!!!! Just one thing I don't like about it is its sillage, it only projects well 1 hour or so, then it gets weaker and people has to get closer to you to notice the smell. But longevity is superb. It opens perfectly, grows into something greater, and dries down onto something even greater! You'll get thousands of compliments.

roko
roko

Today i gave it a try after hundrends of excellent reviews i had read. Generally it is a high class perfume BUT.. It's a unisex one and it's a matter of preference for someone to buy it or not.Personally i have the armani code ultimate and i thought that ultimate was too feminine for me but when i compared it with DHI i found it much more male than DHI.
Also the smell was too one sided i mean it was a little boring.Very good but not so interesting.

overal smell : 7/10
bottle design : 10/10
longevity : 10/10
sillage :9/10

Marciu

OK, so differences between current EDT and current EDP are: the opening (citrus-herbal in EDT and very potent iris in EDP) and sillage. Eau de parfum is really potent. If this one, after 1 spray projects like mad, I'd like to know how 2007 version did, and I heard it was even stronger! Longevity in both are comparable, at least on my skin.
And I repeat - the pear liqeur is delicious in this and smells refined and sophisticated! Like chocolate-vanilla-pear liqeur, actually.
That said, I think it's worth to own both, EDT and EDP.

Deefit
Deefit

The first time I tried this was during summer. I sprayed it on an hour before I went to the gym. Bad idea. So a note, to anybody out there about to do the same. Don't! It doesn't work out well in heat. Which makes me doubt whether this is a good clubbing scent?

Today I gave it a second chance and was I wrong about this the first time. It's different from the eau de toilette, which I still prefer. I feel like the cacao is really missing from this one. Perhaps I should compare them side by side once. I will get back to this.

ednairon
ednairon

The most refined night-wear fragrance I've ever had. Sweet, but not overpowered as La Nuit by YSL or intoxicating like A*Men. Absolutely elegant and perfectly well balanced creamy-floral-woody man's scent. Longevity is very high (but the sillage is very weak on my skin, very sad for me). Dior Homme intense, briefly: Iris, soft-amber, dark-chocolate with a hint of vetiver. Heavenly scent.

Marciu

Actually, it contains pear liqeur, not pure pear. Somehow its smell reminds me of milk chocolate. I'm considering buying a small, 50 ml bottle, but I don't know why Intense is hyped over the Homme EDT version. To me, difference between them is minimal, some say the quality of this is better. I disagree, they're both masterpieces.

That said, I still DO like it.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

I can appreciate the beauty of DHI but to me DH is way more wearable and versatile. I find myself reaching for DH most of the time. Hopefully when it gets colder, DHI will finally get its fair play.

Lily2911
Lily2911

I completely agree with most of the reviewers here : DHI is one of the best perfumes ever. I bought it for my dear husband and he just adored it. I must confess that this perfume is my favorite, after his Guerlain pour Homme and Declaration, I just swoon :-)
But the most funny thing is that I got lots of compliments from people and my own husband when I "stole" this perfume and wrapped myself with it, he was not aware it was his own DHI so the fragrance change according body chemistry for sure. And ladies : it is a wonderful "lady" perfume as well, because of the warm sensual dry down and especially if you are fond of iris which is the reason why I am obsessed about this magnificent perfume.
It is definitively a masterpiece both for men and women, I jus pray LVMH will not destroy this with watery reformulations...

dromidreza
dromidreza

بوی این رو دوست ندارم.بیشتر به زنونه میخوره.البته نت آخرشو بو نکردم.

meama

223) At the time the scent was of high quality. If you have a bottle prior to 2009 keep it safe, it was the old version of Dior Homme on a background of apple cinnamon pie.
The materials used were doing the difference. Really great!
2009-2012 Amber becomes increasingly present.
2013 Today, for the last reformulation, it is mostly a commercial vanilla amber with a little cocoa-iris. Of course it's so disappointing compared to the quality of the first one.
LVMH decided in 2011 that they would become No. 1 in sales within two years so Dior "re-launched" its perfumes for advertising purposes. Ok this is good for them, but why on Fragrantica should you put twice the same scent, a 2007 and 2011? I hope that this site is not paid to make advertising and we still do not see a third Dior Homme intense 2013-2014.

deeply11
deeply11

Modern masterpiece.

wonderlife
wonderlife

Soooo Classy. The Dior Homme collection is fast becomong my staple in men's fragrance. They've realy grown on me and so have the complements!

Dior Homme Intense is the perfect comp to Dior Homme Sport. These two bottles give me the ability to change gears on different occasions without straying too far out of my signature.

crepedechine

It just needs some getting used to. When I tried it for the first time, I faced with deep ambivalence, I mean I was confused as it smelled like nothing I had smelled before. It is extremely unusual, in a good way.

I don't like to sound sexist but it is really feminine at the beginning, then dries down to a smooth and a woody tone, just give it time, you'll love it. And I get no particular lipstick from it, it's more like a make-up bag, all the make-up things in it e.g foundation, eye-liner, lipstick etc. That's quite normal seeing that it has iris, wood and cacao notes, making the scent what it is.

Sooo sexy. It's never synthetic, quite the opposite, natural as hell! Human-like, yes it is absolutely sugared, cacaoed natural scent of a clean human. Stays on my skin fully 8 hours, projects great within these hours.

As for versatility, I agree that it should never be on sportswear, but not necessarily has to be on a suited men, either. If you wear shirts, leather/suede jackets and shoes combined with a trouser or pastelle-colored jeans, it would still be perfect. You should wear it in cold autumn/winter evenings or nights. Not a morning thing.

9.8/10!

BUY!

soufiane.fariss
soufiane.fariss

one of the best fragrances I know. it has a unique smell that makes you wanna sniff all day. your brain will be guessing all day like 'what is this kind of sweet smell'. It's woody, creamy and sweet but not too fruity. it's not the cheapest but 2 sprays will last for a whole day.

anger_free
anger_free

هنوز نمیدونم چرا این ادکلن انقدر پر طرفدار و پر فروشه،به نظر من بوش اصلا خوب نیست یه چیزی مثل بوی کاغذ داره که وقتی به مشام میرسه حال آدمو بد میکنه ولی از نظر پخش بو و ماندگاری خوبه

ahmetindere
ahmetindere

Finally after all the reviews I had a chance to smell this fragrance. I smelled 3 days ago and just like 5 minutes ago again. At the first smelling I was like this smells aaaaaa lot like the original Dior Homme. But this time I was like DAMN THIS SMELLS AMAZING. They smell alike but this one is just sooo smooth and sexy. The vanilla and cocoa are so nice.

This is 100% one of the best fragrances ive smelled in my life.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Natural smooth lavender. And hint of pear, thats weak. Doesn't last more then a minute. Strong opening, too bad its short lived.

Dry down: Heavy Iris thats dominates for the first half hour, then turns into a coco and semi sweet vibe. Its a sexy fusion thats subtle, then turns more into a powdery scent. Not too much of a change from the opening and to its end of life. Linear in a sense but smells great and elegant.

Longevity: 8 to 10 hours

Projection: High, and in the heat it projects farther.

Overall: I find this to be more appealing then the original Dior Homme, being that the iris note is toned down. With that this smells more of a coco infused dry down that simply smells great. Perfect night out fragrance. Let me ad this scent reminds me of a De la Rosa Mazapan, a dulce de cacahuate or peanut confection candy thats quite popular. Smell one of these candies and its almost the SAME.

Purchase? Yes, its one of the go to bottles if you need a date or "night out" fragrance. Not versatile but great in its use of area.

VictorLeon
VictorLeon

Bought it few days ago for the first time, and I'm very satisfied... this lipstick note is not overdone imo, actually I find it sexy:) The scent is dark, a little bit heavy(better for night), rich, luxury, it has some chocolate touch, and a powdery one too...longetivity- more than 8 hours.. one of the best in my search so far..

Marciu

@lorensiuswlt - there is no sense with combining together those 2 that you mentioned, while Hanae Mori HM EDP does this job perfectly. And its cheaper than either of those two, at least in my country.

lorensiuswlt
lorensiuswlt

Smells divine, sweet, high class and elegant. Superb longevity, lasts for 8-12 hours (can be more on clothes). Projects well, you can feel the scent around you along the day. Can be used all year round but it would be perfect for evening/night. If you want to use it on a hot day, use 1-2 sprays then combine it with other citrus fragance. My perfect layering is with Chanel Allure Homme Editon Blanche, use 3-4 sprays of chanel and combine it with 1-2 sprays DHI you will get sweet lemon vanilla..perfect..;)

anna.dkr5

I keep falling in love with this perfume over and over again. Probably the best in my collection.

editionblanche
editionblanche

I tried it over and over again, and what I get mostly out of this one is a MAKE-UP SMELL. Is it the Iris?
I'm not saying it's bad though.
Good sillage and longevity

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Amazing!! What a smell!! What a character! What power and what a feeling you get when wear this!! Dior homme intense gives you the confidence to take over the whole world! You know you are powerful, you feel the people's looks, you see their impressions. You own the scene. Masterfully crafted, passionately assembled and blended, DHI is one of the best frangrances around with a monster sillage, Excellent longevity and a perfect smell. It also has this haunting feeling that you might not be good enough to wear it!! Not for everyone... Whoever wears this perfume is a sexy, confident and mature man! Outstanding!

garett

Revisiting it again after 2 years.One sentence only - >when you wear it you need a bentley , not in a hoopty.

Valfar
Valfar

There are no words to describe how amazing this fragrance is. Reformulated or not, it is the ultimate masterpiece! Such a complex out of the blue fragrance! Projection and sillage are great. Got compliments from some of my female friends, and even from the guys. One girl said this smells like gingerbread to her, another one said it smells like Bounty, and another one said it smells like chocolate cookies and all of them loved it. I wore this only 4 times since i bought it and everytime got a compliment. So far, this is the most amazing fragrance that i ever smelled. A masterpiece!

LordD
LordD

Dior Homme Intense is the olfactory equivalent of licking an ice lolly stick. So dry and porous it sticks to your tongue and sucks up all the moisture.

Powdery wood; very masculine and elegant.

Scentica2009

Excellent evening frag, very masculine and long lasting. Well worth the £70.

Scentica2009

Excellent evening frag, very masculine and long lasting. Well worth the £70.

JensH
JensH

Wanted to find a real nice fragrance this summer after years of using "supermarket-scents". Read a lot, smelled a lot in the shops,found Armani Eau de Nuit just my kind of stuff, but this one beats it. Wow for a wonderful fragrance. It will definitely be my signature scent for years to come. I'm a mature man, and i just think i never smelled something so nice as this one. The longevity is unbelieavable, and the women around me are doing strange things, seeking body contact thoug i hardly know them. I't kind of magic :-)

Marciu

@meama - in 2011 Francois Demachy created reformulated Dior Homme. So now HE IS a creator of Dior Homme.

saransh
saransh

i've tested this out many times at the start of my frag. journey , i didnt like it quite that much but after my nose started to develop and my collection grew ,i tested this out once again ( the reformulated one , the original one is dead... rip) and after testing it ,i was amazed , i found something that was missing in my wardrobe and it was DHI , the iris , i hated it the first 3 times i tried it , but now , ooh man this thing is the shit , and i can tell now that my nose has matured in a good way :D

its sexy , seductive , gentle , mature , flirty and royal all in one :D

parfumfetiche
parfumfetiche

Compared to Dior Homme, the iris note is toned down in this one and more well-blended I feel. I get another predominant note I’m not familiar with. I guess it’s the ambrette. I also get a pear note in the background, which adds slight fruitiness to it. The scent basically stays the same from opening to dry down. Moderate projection and good longevity on my skin. Overall feel I get from this is floral and powdery. The scent gets 5 out of 5 from me. I love it!

bonacosta30

Addictive! I know, i m not the first to use that word to describe L'homme intense from Dior. One of the best, if not the best fragrance i have used. So addictive, that i believe that they used some drug (heroine or something like that) in the formulation to make you addict :p People here say that the old formula was better, never had the chance so smell it, but if is it true, that must be one of the best fragrance ever made by a man. Both longevity and projection are excellent, you got 10-12 hours of good smelling with this. Yes, the lipstick note are strong in the first hour, but after that, the smell is outstanding. I am always smelling myself while wearing it, so that why i think they used drug or something (just joking here ;)). A little bit strong for any day uses, I have try it once at the office and it was to much for anyone. Also, for the same reasons, it doesn t match any hot summer time. A true master piece, in every aspect this fragrance rule! Great job to Dior and Francois Demachy. It is expensible, but i think that it worth every penny of its price. Smell very unusual, very floral, but in a manly ways. Here is the final score:

Smell: 9,5/10. One of the greatest scent i know, second only to La nuit de l homme IMO.
Longevity: 4,5/5. Here too, second only to diesel only the brave tattoo.
Projection: 4,5/5. A projection beast! Warning, can but very annoying at the office or in hot summer day.
Versatility: 3,5/5. All evening occasion and formal occasion. I find it too strong for daily uses or hot summer time.
Overall score: 22/25. A must have for any serious fragrance lover. I suggest to try it first and not blind buy, because the lipstick smell can be unpleasant for some people. I realy want to get my hand on the old formulation!

meama

211) Fragrantica must correct the text in this case also, Francois Demachy is not the creator of Dior Homme(Olivier Polge) and he's maybe the creator of this intense version(flanker) but it's just Dior Homme with more amber and not as good as Olivier Polge could have release. Demachy is the nose of Dior in charge of reformulations, it is he who is responsible for the poor level that have today all old Dior perfumes including the catastrophic Miss Dior chérie but also very bad last exclusives.
So please it's maybe interresting to note this important point.
The perfume is still very good.

Fragrantica devrait corriger son texte ici aussi, Francois Demachy n'est pas le créateur de Dior Homme. C'est peut-être le créateur de ce flanker mais c'est Dior Homme avec juste plus d'ambre et il n'est pas aussi bon que ce que Olivier Polge aurait pu faire. Demachy c'est le nez de Dior chargé des reformulations, c'est lui qui est responsable du niveau médiocre qu'ont aujourd'hui tous les anciens parfums Dior dont le catastrophique Miss Dior chérie mais aussi les très mauvais derniers parfums exclusifs.
Donc svp c'est surtout Olivier Polge et une touche de Demachy même pas terribe.
Le parfum reste évidemment très bon.

harlemmal
harlemmal

I finally understand why people like this. I smelled dior homme before and the iris was too heavy. With dhi the iris is toned down and you can smell the pear and what appears to be chocolate. Beautiful scent.

mxer92
mxer92

This is a high quality fragrance--I wouldn't expect anything less from the house of Dior. I can certainly see why this scent is appealing, but as a younger college student, I feel this didn't really fit me too well.

Projection and longevity are both fantastic. You will get noticed wearing this, and the reactions I received were positive. I actually liked the opening, and loved the dry down.

As good as this is, please do NOT blind buy it. I blind bought 100mL and ended up selling it months later because it didn't really fit my taste/personality. I see anyone 25+ wearing this while dressed up or for a special ooccasion.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

yes, but intense is great, lasts much longer and draws very positive comments from both sexes.This has become a main stay in my collection and in my Top 5.

Tricky2beat
Tricky2beat

This is the most overrated sent I have come across.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

A great flanker to Dior Homme. While Dior Homme is bright, light, and fresh, Dior Homme Intense is dark, warm, and exceedingly smooth...
Excellent longevity and decent sillage.

Dior Homme = Daytime, Vanilla
Dior Homme Intense = Nighttime, Chocolate

If you like Dior Homme then absolutely give this a try. It's different enough to warrant owning both, but shares enough of the DNA of the original that if you like it then you'll surely also like this.

*Edit* Just to note, I was comparing the original formulation of DH to the current formulation of DHI... Sadly, having now gotten my hands on the current formulation of DH, it smells like a slightly less chocolatey and watered down version of DHI. What a letdown! If you can find the original silver stem DH, grab it.

hedward
hedward

DHI opens up with a very promising mentholy iris but then unfortunately dies down to a boring overly soft vanilla cocoa scent that lingers forever. A wonderful fragrance to please the crowd but with DHI one may not make a statement. This would be a perfect dating scent since it pleases everyone but like said DHI doesnt really separate you from the crowd so a safe scent might make you seem unimaginative.

DHI is for everybody; for women also. Good lasting power and friendly sillage!

Smell 6/10 x 2 (boring)
Longevity / Potency 8/10
Versatility 9/10
Complexity 7/10
x2

Overall score 72/100

anna.dkr5

I've finally bought myself a 50 ml bottle of this. I've had a sample since last year, and I've nearly used it all up. I had great days, and "meh" days with this scent, but it always had a powerful impact on my memory, because something about it kept having me go back to it, time and time again. After all this sampling, even to bed, I decided I was absolutely in love with this fragrance, and that it was full-bottle worthy. What I have is the reformulated version, and I do detect cedar in the opening and drydown, but the iris/amber combination creates an alluring accord that I find hard to resist. I asked the male SA whether he thought this could be a unisex cologne, and he said absolutely not, because of the woody accords in them, and that female fragrances usually need a citrus accord of some kind (LOL! No comments needed!). I still bought it because I figured that if I've been able to pull off Fahrenheit, I'd definitely be able to pull off DHI! 12+ hours after application I can still smell it... a cocoa-like scent. Sexy and amazing.
It's quite possibly one of the best perfumes I've ever owned and smelled. This could be a lifelong affair!

9 & 1/2 out of 10! :)
It would be a 10 out of 10 if it were more versatile (e.g. more suitable for hot weather).

fuggerone
fuggerone

really powdery in the drydown, a scent for cold days, it spells classines all over an all purpose scent, inevitably a staple in my wardrobe, one of the best from this house!

steve2
steve2

My favourite scent of all. It is just perfect in every thing. It has a great scent, excellent projection and it last for long hours (more than 12h).

houstcs
houstcs

I choose not to wear this out anywhere, I just sit at home spraying it on my arm occasionally and keeping it all to myself. It's like making out with a hot foreign model after chatting over hot chocolate. Boom.

anna.dkr5

Testing it again. Now I'd really like a FB of this. :)

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

This is my "go-to" cologne for special occasions and when I want to make a "scent impression" but am unsure of what to wear. This scent is one hundred percent guaranteed to get me compliments when I wear it to a gathering. I just wore it to a wedding this weekend and when a fellow guest hugged me, she commented on how good I smelled. I greatly enjoy the powdery make-up smell mixed with the cocoa, vanilla and iris. Truly unique. I find this fragrance very special and unlike any other in my collection. It's hard to find so I'm thrilled to own two 100 ml. bottles of it. I don't ever want to be without this one. Definitely in the top 5 of my entire collection. Perfection in a bottle! I love it!

pjd1234

My gosh everybody is fighting about this scent @ pipernigrum you are entitled to make your own opinion if you don't like this one well too bad surely you would atleast appreciate it at your comment though there is no coffee smell here mostly vanilla and cocoa with Iris opening that's lipstick vibe so check your bottle yours might be fake or something and if you're certain that yours is the real thing and if still you don't like it give it to someone who would appreciate it Im sure a lot of these fragranticans would loveto have your bottle.

evilspin

I just bought this at the Dior Boutique(thank God cause I have been wanting this since its release & no store carries it only Dior (for $72), Ebay but for over $150 and Duty Free shops at airports which only sell it if your flying international) :( I had to have it since I love the regular Dior Homme & just had to try the intense version because you would think it has to be better if its the parfum version right? This is not always the case. Although they both smell the same at first whiff, Parfum versions are not the same fragrance stronger. They usually contain different or added notes to the composition. Which can be a let down sometimes when it can smell a bit different during drydown. While EVERYONE is complaining about Dior Hommes reformulations, they are both good. I even smelled & had the old style bottle which was plastic silver & couldnt see the juice, not the glass one. In anycase, now that I got the Intense version is not bad but i still enjoy the regular Dior Homme best. The Intense has something a bit different than Dior Homme. It has more of a musky powdery, cedar wood and stronger cocoa notes in it which you sense at drydown. The regular is more of a softer version & with nice vanille notes to it. I also noticed that Dior Homme intense was released twice. This is the newer one which the collar is black as well as the tube is black. The first Intense was limited edition and much better than this cause the vanilla made it more pleasant in drydown but it was Eau de toilette. This is the Parfum but the regular Dior Homme's drydown I like much better because it still smells like the first initial blasts scent. While the intense smells the same in its first spray but changes in drydown & its not as pleasant as the regulars Dior Homme. I do not however, smell any pear in this. This does last longer and a bit stronger but why would you care if it lasts long if the scent that lasts long is not the same scent you come to know & love from the original? In anycase Dior Homme regular is my first pick.

foxmulder_FBI
foxmulder_FBI

@everlong I'm not even sure what he SAID, let alone try to understand what he smelled...

everlong
everlong

@ pipernigrum: WTF did you smell?! surely as hell not DHI

Ichariot
Ichariot

The opening is sharp and even harsh on a hot summer day, actually it even gave me a slight nausea cause I had a drip of whiskey last night + not eating anything in the morning before sampling this out. It projects like a projector and I'm waiting to see if it settles down a bit.

Which it does. The drydown gets alot more pleasant and subtle still maining the special and particular scent that differs by quite abit from your random aquatic generic parfume number 123.

I like the drydown alot, I think I could even grow in to like the top when the weather gets colder! Actually I liked it so much on my first impression that I was about to go and buy 50ml EDP for 83 euros (107usd) right on the spot without even letting it to settle properly/without trying on my skin. Only my girlfriend made me hesitate after telling me she wouldn't buy it because she likes some of my perfumes better and that I just bought Guerlain Homme few weeks ago.

How to describe it? Young and strong, overpowering and dominant like a real male, a head turner and a knee bender definately. This is a kind of scent that would make me feel a gay moment if the right kind of man walked past me with this.

Not my favourite fragrance but a damn good one that's for sure, I can see why so many people like it and have it as their signature

eric.cius
eric.cius

A beautiful fragrance. Perhaps a little overhyped but it is head and shoulders above 80% of fragrances today. Many complain about the sharp iris opening and the lipstick smell, this for me is why I love this fragrance. LOVE THE IRIS. I just wish it hung around longer before the sweetness takes over completely. While I don't mind the drydown, in fact it's delicious, this for me has the best opening of any fragrance I own.

Stockholmspolisen

8Times: He also did that to me. He gets balloons for imitating others.

Sandipraykar: I worked hard on my review and you stole it!

bonacosta30

Lol 8times your right! He must be worshipping you in some way ;)

8times

Sandipraykar.....as you have copied my review from 13 jan word for word I will take it that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

O MELHOR ( THE BEST ) !! para mim é mais fácil do que a edição vintage(2007) mais bem elaborado,equilibrado...fixação e projeção parecem um pouco menor,mas o aroma é melhor.o fundo de vetiver leve achocolatado é de enlouquecer...

additional review:
The funny thing is it seems this one lasts forever on my watchband.
I can still notice its scent after 3 month that I spray once on my wrist!

kazewayz
kazewayz

I liked it as soon as I smelled it. It was different from other things I had smelled. There is sweetness, vanilla, and a lip stick smell to this. It's powdery, leathery, and floral as well. It projects good, lasts a good time as well. It's sexy yes, great for a summer night or for colder weathers. One of the best designer fragrances in the market. This is one of my favorites from the Dior line. Try it.

vitilsky
vitilsky

I didn't like it, but at the same time I remembered that probably smells shit on the bottle as it is a really concentrated iris solution, but I imagine that when applied, only two little sprays, must give a great outcome. Similar impression on the original one but not of bad smell, more of not my taste kind of thing. I am not gonna dislike this. Still, I thought the original was fine.

the original wasn't really fine, so this isn't either, imho.

sadeceben
sadeceben

muhteşem etkili ve parçalayıcı olması güzel.
birinci kalite 10/8.5

muncierobson
muncierobson

A beautiful scent!

Dislike opening, does remind me of lipstick!

This doesn't last long, fading quickly to release the gorgeous chocolate and iris heart. The woods in the base keep it masculine.

Bottle and packaging justify the price as do the incredible staying power!

(almost 24hour - tested this, put on spicebomb, ran 10km and had a bath and still it lingered!)

Even comes in 150ml! Only about 15 GBP more than 100ml!

bonacosta30

Smell very different that everything i have smell. Like it, very unusual and great longevity and sillage ;) one of my favorite

Xstream
Xstream

I love this scent. The only thing i don't like is the kinda lipstick base smell. Although it might be also the reason why the other scents work so well together ;)

Works very long and gets better over time. Top tip!

pjd1234

dior homme intense having coffee at eifel tower in paris or las vegas maybe? suit and tie occasions very classy indeed my signiture scent. im not even going to go to the notes but vanille, cocoa, lipstick note or iris note that is not very dominant on this one but blends very well, i can see a woman wearing this scent as well but definitely on the masculine side. i loved this scent so much that i ordered 5 bottles all at once because of limited quantities. i dont know if the notes are accurate here i dont get the pear in the middle i get that cocoa and vanilla in the backround drydown yummy indeed last a long time, sillage great you will definitely get noticed.
longevity 10/10 10 plus hrs
sillage 10/10
uniqueness 10/10
overall smell 10/10
price vs quality 10/10 reasonable definitely moneys worth.
versatility cold weather day/nights

Amsha13

Too strong for warm days, so I'm waiting impatiently for autumn and winter to wear this masterpiece again.

It's my second crush with a Dior fragrance after Fahrenheit, that happened in early 90's. But this one is more satisfying for my taste.

Homme Intense is definitely the best woody fragrance I've ever tried. Has the most beautiful men's perfume bottle I've ever hold in my hand. And the most long lasting scent on my skin in my collection.

The best thing about this lovely fragrance is that my girlfriend love it, even more than I love Intense!

Homme Intense is an irresistible dark magic in a bottle that enchants everyone.

Shimshon
Shimshon

Dior Homme Intense Review Update: My previous review was deleted along with my old account but in my previous review I stated that I purchased a bottle of Dior
Homme Intense in May 2012 and I hated its so much that I
ended up returning it. However for the past few weeks I had been
getting the urge to buy another bottle and give DHI another
chance. Well... I did re-purchase DHI again and it arrived by mail a few
days ago. So I opened the box, once again admired the bottle
design and then proceeded to spray some on my wrist and... OH
MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME!!!... This smells so good... so
dark ...so sexy... the lipstick opening... the cocao like drydown...
this fragrance is unlike anything else I have ever sampled. I very rarely liken fragrances to sex but to me DHI is pure, raw,
passionate, XXX-rated, french kissing, back scratching, lipstick
smudging, red hot sex in a bottle. Not long after spraying this on my neck and body I went shopping
and I went into my local pharmacist which has a small fragrance
counter (which didnt stock Dior or Chanel)and the lady came over
to ask if I needed any help. Within seconds she was asking what
I was wearing and she put her nose to my neck and inhaled
deeply and in an almost orgasmic tone exclaimed " Mmmmm...it smells sooooo sexy!!!" She then called two of the other ladies
over who also worked there and they had a sniff also and they all
agreed that this fragrance is extremely sexy. DHI for me opens with the iris note and as most other reviews will
testify it gives off that lipstick scent that this fragrance is famous
for, after about 1 hour this fragrance begins to heat up just a little
but it still holds on to the iris note. 2-3 hours into the fragrance I notice a cocao like note beging to
emerge which then turns this scent into a slightly warm,lipstick
like rich cocao like fragrance which is just absolutely beautiful. 5-6 hours in and the slight warmth of the fragrance tones down as
does the iris/lipstick note and a vanilla like note surfaces and
blends into the cocoa like note, and ladies and gentlemen in my
opinion this drydown is just simply divine. This drydown can last
up to 12 hours on my skin and I absolutely love every minute of
it. The projection on DHI is very good as it projects well enough for
others to smell it but not so much that it overpowers them.On my
skin DHI projects very well for around 4-5 hours before getting
closer to the skin. The longevity on DHI is excellent lasting at least 10 hours on my
skin and usually lasting 12+ hours. In my opinion this would make an excellent scent to wear if your
going on a date during in the autumn and winter months but to be
honest it smells so damn good I personally would wear it all year
round. I really dont know what the hell happened with the first bottled of
DHI I bought and then returned in may 2012, maybe I just
recieved a bad bottle or maybe my nose wasnt ready for DHI but
all I can say is that I have done a complete 180 in my opinion on
this fragrance and I will definitely be wearing this alot in future. In my honest opinion, Dior Homme Intense is an absolute
Masterpiece. My Score: Projection: 10
Longevity: 10
Fragrance: 10

(P.s The person who posted this review below hijacked this review from my old account and was noticed doing so by other fragrantica members)

Ovrnightr
Ovrnightr

Quite possibly the best fragrance I've ever smelled, period. Nothing really comes close to the quality and intricacy of this fragrance. It really is a gift to the senses.

This has been reviewed ad nauseum, but I just wanted to share my personal thoughts on it. The hype is real, the positive reviews are well deserved. It is pricey but absolutely worth every penny; after all, it is an eau de parfum, so 1-2 sprays are all that is needed for a 6+ hour journey. I received mine last Thursday, and have already ordered another, because I simply don't want there to be a point where I cannot smell like DHI.

Marciu

I've already had moments when I thought I really dislike this scent. But no. This is a quality juice.

However, it's very "heavy" on my skin and its sillage is max. arms-length. I always thought that EDPs project better... And I get 9 solid hours longevity with it.

And I don't really feel all that stuff thad is listed here. I mainly detect vanilla and leather with some chocolate on my skin.

Overall I like it and I think it's good to have the small bottle of Dior Intense in your collection.

And I have a question: was Dior Homme Intense vintage really different from this one? Thank you for your responses :) Martin

Merclex
Merclex

This one was a funny one! I tried it and I thought it smelled awful. So I got Chanel allure. Then I had another go once more and it grew on me a bit more. Then the third time I tried it I had to have it :) it gets very nice and warm after 5-10 mins I could not stop sniffing my wrists. This one is a must have fragrance. If u tried it once and didn't like it go try it again you might like it after 2-3 times. And it last a very long time.

cikonan
cikonan

Can anyone help me on how to differentiate from the physical look whether the DHI is the earlier version (2007) or it is the new ver (2011)? Thanks.

SimplyOliver

So, Dior Homme Intense, here we are again... I've tried this fragrance a few months ago, and I happened to dislike it.
Oddly enough, DHI has grown on me, as time went by I began to like this fragrance more and more.

It's not my type of scent at all, I'm more into chypres, like Declaration or Terre d'Hermes. So i'd basically say that this is my first sweet / gourmand fragrance ! I enjoy wearing it, at night generally, or during cold days.

You'll get a blast of the bright and warm iris at the opening, the lavender and the pear being very shy, it then turns into a comforting cocoa scent. I also smell a hint of musk in the drydown. The woods are like... missing, but that's not a big deal, given the sweetness of the scent.

Big compliment getter ! Sillage is super heavy, longevity is great on my skin. Could definitely be unisex (that's a compliment).

Overall a really enjoyable fragrance ! You just gotta get to know it !

Aysh
Aysh

could any one please give me their opinion on which one is better between the two: Dior Homme intense launched in 2011 or Narciso Rodriguez for him.

sandipraykar

Maybe the original was better in some peoples eyes, but the
refolmulated version of DHI is still a masterpiece. I recive many compliments with the reformulated version and it
last a very long time with average/heavy projection. First it starts
very woody but quickly becomes slightly lavender smelling with
iris. In the drydown a sweet smelling flower appears with cedarwood
and thats what i get in the basenotes. I think it is the ambrette
which smells sweet. I do not get the vanilla smell in the
reformulated version. The reformulated version is less sweet than
vintage. The vintage lasts longer and is more powerful in projection. The
amber and the vanilla makes the vintage much sweeter than the
refolmulated version. You notice a difference when comparing
both versions if you focus your senses. The vintage will have the
sweet vanilla/amber smell while the refolmulated wont. Both
versions are very similar to each others, but I prefer the vintage over the reformulated one. However both versions are my favorite fragrances! I'm not kidding
you can seduce women with these fragrances. I think I seduced
my teacher since she was talking and smiling to me when i wore
this cologne :D. How do I describe this fragrance in a few words: Sweet, floral,
woody and SEXY!.

Dior Homme intense excellent for a real situation of seduction

Dior Homme intense excellent for a real situation of seduction

jacob.kizirian
jacob.kizirian

Amazing Fragrance from the house of dior at specially after 3 hours of applying it becomes more sexier and lasts like 14-20 hours on skin and projects for 6-8 hours its a must buy ITS A MASTERPIECE !!!! im 16 anyway ;)

blond007
blond007

The best I think!

sameh
sameh

Dear all,
Frankly what i can say about Dior Homme Intense that it is seductive , sensual , expensive ( especially foe vanilla lovers ) but with there is something strange but ( good strange ) the thing is that on my resit it smells like a fresh vanilla cake from the oven but on my chest smells like a fresh vanilla flower , don't know , dose any body share this as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. i have 150 ml bottle .

Stockholmspolisen

I've tried both versions of DHI.

Maybe the original was better in some peoples eyes, but the refolmulated version of DHI is still a masterpiece.

I recive many compliments with the reformulated version and it last a very long time with average/heavy projection. First it starts very woody but quickly becomes slightly lavender smelling with iris.

In the drydown a sweet smelling flower appears with cedarwood and thats what i get in the basenotes. I think it is the ambrette which smells sweet. I do not get the vanilla smell in the reformulated version. The reformulated version is less sweet than vintage.

The vintage lasts longer and is more powerful in projection. The amber and the vanilla makes the vintage much sweeter than the refolmulated version. You notice a difference when comparing both versions if you focus your senses. The vintage will have the sweet vanilla/amber smell while the refolmulated wont. Both versions are very similar to each others, but I prefer the vintage over the reformulated one.

However both versions are my favorite fragrances! I'm not kidding you can seduce women with these fragrances. I think I seduced my teacher since she was talking and smiling to me when i wore this cologne :D.

How do I describe this fragrance in a few words: Sweet, floral, woody and SEXY!.

Longevity: About 8 hours
Sillage: Average/High
Scent: A+++

NIKOS_D_CH
NIKOS_D_CH

In my opinion the best fragrance from dior house! I love this perfume despite the lipstick note!
I prefer DHI to DH!

joezilla
joezilla

The original DHI was too good to be true for a designer fragrance, but this one is good enough if you're looking for a classy night out fragrance.

schnauze63
schnauze63

This is my other regular, along with L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme. Everybody around me loves these intense fragrances. One spray works for me before I dress. The wonderful smokey, powdery smell makes me feel like I'm sitting by a warm fire enjoying a scotch or something; it is just a very warm and comfortable smell.

It takes me 1/2 hour to get to work, and by that time the fragrance has really opened up to something wonderful. I had the old fragrance, but also enjoy the reformulation.

BTW google "EU perfume ban" to educate yourself on how the Eurocrats my very likely make many natural substances (incl. oak moss, rose, lemon, lavender). At the same time smoking and drinking is still "allowed." Two reasons given are: 1-3% may have allergies (SO don't use it) + studies are "backed" by large industrial synthetic fragrance manufacturers (wealthy, powerful lobby).

We all may to stock up on everything if those start, penetrating synthetics are the only option. Thank you SO much EU technocrats.

careless86
careless86

the best perfume ever ever ever

steve0580
steve0580

I HATE the opening. It's just like everyone says - it smells like strong lipstick.

The dry down, however, is WONDERFUL! It takes about 30-45 minutes but then it turns into a smooth, powdery-sweet vanilla.

Definitely one of the best in my collection.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Today I am wearing this as I managed to get a 5ml mini decant from the Dior Counter. I got to say it is a very sexy fragrance. It's sweet, powdery, creamy, musky with vanilla and a coco kind of vibe. Starts with a lipstick kind of scent and flowery but very gentle floral on my skin. Dior Homme Intense does last for ages on my skin and the projection and sillage is fantastic. The Sales lady when decanting did say this was her favourite smell on a man and her friends thought so too. I guess she gets paid to say that but it has worked for me. I bought the 100ml bottle.

bcire3k
bcire3k

So much better than Dior Homme but definitely has traces of it. At first I really disliked it but now I have come to really like this fragrance. I'll recommend it. Starts off with the makeup smell/iris, then becomes sweet and smells like vanilla. Don't get any cacao though.

Annica
Annica

Tested a sample today of Dior Homme Intense. My nose is not that well trained yet, but I´m almost certain that it was this formulation because I couldn´t smell any vanilla in it but a particular scent which could be ambrette seed simply because it felt a bit metallic. Exactly as ambrette is described here on Fragrantica. My first impression was that it was incredibly similar to Shalimar Initial, the same intense iris scent, but DHI gradually turned to become softer than Inital after a while. I fully understand why DHI is so loved. It´s absolutely wonderful! A woman could wear this wíthout problem. It is very powdery.
Member Cerversa may correct me if I´m reviewing the wrong release. LOL

oatcrust18
oatcrust18

One of the most sexiest, seductive, fragrances one can wear. #longlasting, # sweet but masculine, #smell pretty dam good.

asif nawaz
asif nawaz

dose Dior Homme intanse Vintage have CD written on the top of atomiser ?

yonan007
yonan007

i just got this and man what an amazing fragrance yeah your gonna smell the lipstick note but don't be fooled by that give it a couple of minutes and you'll be amazed ... the sexiest fragrance i've smelled oh and you'll get noticed and in a good way

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

Funny one this... Tried it around 4 months ago... and it was an instant scrubber...all I got was the iris note... Anyway tried and loved LIDGE at the same time and bought that.

But after sometime I couldn't get DHI out of my head.. Tried it recently and fell head over heals in love with it. My nose must have developed? I had a sample of Equestrius by P d'Empire and I think it was this that helped me get iris notes. Needless to say a full 100ml bottle is now in my collection.

As for how it smells... divine comes close. First I am hit by the fizzy and sparkling iris note, sure it's a bit make-upy, but in a good way, think it was this that put my off at first. Then over the next couple of hours the cocoa really makes an appearance, really warming and powdery with the iris. I also feel the vetiver blend in increasingly over the duration (this I really like also). The drydown is heavenly as others have mentioned. All in all a classic.

Already got a load of compliments for this, which were unexpected as I though the iris was a bit daring, but it seems to have a wonderful effect on my wife... :-)

So from scrubber to 'can't get enough', this is a bit of a love/hate frag, but once it gets you it will never let go.

I would bathe in this if I could... A masterpiece...

RickS1169
RickS1169

Well made. Unique. Classy. Many have said its more of a formal scent but I wear it whenever I feel. Extremely sexy. Projection/longevity are above average. A wonderful addition for anyone.

jesselegend
jesselegend

amazing scent , very unique, buy it !:)

renzo77

this fragrance although it appears rich but womens smell is very soft lip pencil has nothing intense and very expensive I do not see any difference with the price dior homme only greater is not fooled regulate soft and hard no big thing to believe.

rzetzm
rzetzm

Dior Homme Intense. This fragrance has kept me captivated, from the beautiful, smokey-noir bottle, to the acclaim that is CD, to the raving, endless posts about the cologne... needless to say, I had to try some!

A quick buzz over to Sephora, sadly, revealed only Dior homme, and Dior homme Sport. No intense... so online I went.

Sniffing the previous aforementioned two, I received a mixed olfactory bag. Enjoying Dior Homme, I quickly picked out something very 'je ne sais quoi'.... was it the makeup at Sephora or am I crazy and smell lipstick in this? So I spritzed the Sport version and though it was different, I wasn't impressed (BEAUTIFUL bottle though).

So now I enter that see-saw conundrum state of online purchasing... Do I take that step, do I really want to go there... And of course I do, so I eventually order my DHI and have very high expectations...

So the bottle comes, and first let me say that it is another beautiful presentation. The juice, however, remains to perplex me. This lipstick smell is extremely evident, though I suspect that's where a lot of the allure comes from. Men take note, there's a reason this men's cologne borrows a lot from the women's side of the closet: makeup-lipsticky iris, vanilla, amber... these are soft, sensual, and almost sexual scents. I feel Dior threw vetiver and cedar in almost regretfully to ground this cologne and not to scare off too many men...

So I guess all in all I'm not disappointed in this scent. I'm a big fan of flowery stuff, and not at all hesitant to have a unisex or perhaps more feminine scent on me all day. I would give this top marks for sillage and especially longevity, and the cologne does shape itself into different odors during the drydown - not as much iris, more vanilla, and you begin to smell some of the woodiness in the cologne. I'd highly recommend sniffing Dior homme if you can't find an available bottle of DHI because I feel the prominent notes persist in both. You get a fairly good representation of the 'lipstick' scent that I find so prominent and honestly, I feel that may be a turnoff to some. In it's own defense, however, if you give this a frag a shot that lipstick will grow on you somewhat, as it molds into different scents as it settles down.

The masses, however, appear to love this stuff. Not an everyday scent for me, but not a bad one. Certainly unique in it's own right.

8times

Fantastic scent, I never tried the first version so I can't compare this one to it. This is a luxurious scent to me. This lasts all day on my skin and I have had complements on the smell, and although that is not why I wear this, it is always nice to get a positive comment. I can not see me ever not owning this fragrance.

@magnusmagnus

Try to wear is few more times and then let us know what you think about it ;) the first time I tried it on I couldn't smell it and to my regret I put on 4 extra sprays on and when I started to get it I thought it smelled like a beetle, downright hated it and then after a a couple of hours it started to grow on me, and the third day of use I was hooked to it, so bro just let your nose get accustomed to it don't just give up on it so quickly.

magnusmagnus
magnusmagnus

I got given this for Christmas and was exciting about trying it given the overwhelming reviews. After three wearings this will never be something I enjoy. To me it smells like someone vomited into a make up bag. I'm not sure why so many people want to smell like that. However, people seem to enjoy it and I got compliments from it, which to me was bizarre. This fragrance will remain a big mystery for me.

ADCout
ADCout

Despite all the fuss about the reformulations, I still think that Dior Homme Intense is the best designer perfume marketed for men, and not too different from the original. Can't say the same thing about Dior Homme, because only in that one, Dior Homme original and reformulated are very different, being the original much better and more unique.

Enough, let's talk about the perfume that lead me to the perfumery world!

Dior Homme Intense is a woody floral gourmand perfume, which is very warm and cozy.

I do get a very slight lipsticky vibe, although it's not as intense as many reviews make it sound like. It's actually a very pleasant note, made by the iris.

What's special in this perfume is its amazing capacity of being an androgynous fragrance. It can be wore by a very masculine, subtil and groomed man, but also by a feminine, ultra-diva and full of character woman.

It starts with a burst of iris, which is amazing... Then it dries down to a smooth chocolaty-ambery-vanillic-powdery base, very creamy, and almost milky.

It's an extremely refined and luxurious scent, which is loud, but also discreet at the same time. It's a scent that definitely makes a statement.

People really react to this one, I get huge compliments, and it's not your usual "You smell good" compliment, but it's the "Who smells like that?" reaction. And when they discover it's me, they can't stop smelling me!

The longevity in this one is amazing, but what can you expect from an EDP? 12h + in this one, with me.

So, I can only say that this is a very unique, chic and different male scent (almost eccentric in some ways) , not your usual masculine scent, but yes, the scent of a person that has character and style.

Be sure to try it on your skin! It will change your view of masculine fragrances :)

tomerits
tomerits

all i want to add to reviews below is that this is AMAZING. very long lasting scent in a class of its own,there are a lot of perfumes out there with similarity to this one but! none of them have class like this one (and longevity).
i have to give it 5/5.
perfect.

PaulDJ
PaulDJ

I asked for this at Xmas, was given Dior Homme in error. Having tried both, Intense absolutely trumps the original by a country mile.Swapped Dior Homme for a Chanel Frag and bought Intense later. Intense over Dior Homme X10. Epic scent. A very, very sexy scent.

craniumbash

it just gets better and better with daily use, I feel restless if I don't put it on or at least smell it couple of times in a day :3 I hope the new formulation is also this much addictive.

flamin201
flamin201

I just love this fragrance, i could care less if it smells like my moms makeup. The dry down is amazing!

deathadder

Amazing fragrance! very long lasting , not offensive and very calm.

Darko_sk
Darko_sk

What can i say... class in a bottle!

liiva
liiva

So elegant, so warm, so sexy! And so good longevity! Very good!!!

uxmanali
uxmanali

Recently bought it but i am not happy with the projection...... :(

Space Invader
Space Invader

Price: 7/10
Versatility: 7/10
Compliments: 10/10
Buy/Try/Pass? Try
Rating (0-10): 10

Note: My favorite fragrance in the designer game. Believe the hype!

kavi

Out of countless number of fragrances that my nose has been blessed to smell, only a few has ever managed to make it into my favourites. I cannot say I like one over the other, but rather, I feel privileged and honoured to own them. These are:

Pure Havane,
Dior Homme Intense,
Chanel Allure Homme Sport/Nautica Voyage

When I wear these, I feel like how I should feel, like myself.

Is Dior Homme Intense a masterpiece? In my eyes, absolutely! But it really comes down to preference and taste.

Is Dior Homme Intense worth all the hype? Up to you, go and try it. Decide for yourself, your opinion is worth more than anyone else's. For me, forget hype, I just let the results do the talking.

Go try it out, I cannot recommend sampling before buying enough!

matsilversurfer
matsilversurfer

fabulous fragrance...amazing! I feel the lipstick smell so strong at the beginning. It's strange, a little bit destabilizing. But at the same time, it gives a really recognizable effect to this fragrance. nothing compares to it. and it lasts for so long time on my skin. lovable!

ausamamira
ausamamira

overhyped vanilla powder smell! it is good but i dont think it deserves all that hype ...

marycon
marycon

So many much better fragrances out there. Why all the fuss??? Its like we've just invented fragrances. Open your minds and noses people!!!!!!!!!!!

rprovenz
rprovenz

Liquid sex. I talked to a Dior rep and she had no idea a reformulation existed. This one is a must have.

gd15329
gd15329

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE "DON'T WORRY... I AM THE GOOD GUY, I WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU" THING THIS IS YOUR FRAGRANCE.

Clearly this is the fragrance you want to wear just before you will get down on your knees to give her the ring...

Do I have to say more...? A Must for you collection.

My Total Score: 7/10 (I Think this version somehow is WEAKER than the non-intense of the same thing. That's a kind of "-1 point for you" isn't it?)

shaymaa.y.youssef
shaymaa.y.youssef

it smells like cosmetics as if you opened Yardley S face powder box

brave_kid
brave_kid

yups..there is lipstick note..but only at the spray.. and when i spray it to my skin..i get strong vetiver smells.. citrus..and..a bit vanilla

nafi33
nafi33

Amazing scent but something I'd rather smell on girls. Way too feminine if you ask me. If you're comfortable with smelling like a girl definitely go for this one. If you want to stand out as a man actually, stay away from it!

shoguns2480
shoguns2480

2 bottles of the vintage silver collaer batch #9W01 for sale. Serious inquiry only by those who know what it goes for.

naobilei
naobilei

I had once owned this bottle of size 50ml and loved it. It slipped through my hands and broke and then my room smelled so lovely for almost one week. :(

sandipraykar

yes, but intense is great, lasts much longer and draws very positive
comments from both sexes.This has become a main stay in my
collection.

kavi

Everyone should at least once in their lifetime go out and put their nose on this fragrance.

gh(oh)st
gh(oh)st

I think its good but isn't better than old one ..
the old had very intensve vanille and purest

RES2525
RES2525

York Peppermint Pattie.

Seperates a bit and becomes more pefumey, I'm guessing the lauded 'lipstick' accord. Cannot say I like it at all at this point. A powdery scent accented with vanilla and cacao with that iris note creeping about. It's different but is it desirable? Well, it's different.

Seems masculine enough, but only just. Maybe it's the lipstick vibe but I simply cannot really get into this. I sniff and go 'hmm, mmm, ahhh, well alrighty then" and that's about it. The drydown amounts to little more than a profuse powdery smell that quickly becomes grating to my nose in its persistence.

By all means give it a try, and I mean sample before you buy. Not what I hopped for after all the hype.

Neutral.

Alive
Alive

Freaking love it!!! This is sexiness in a bottle!! Vanilla, cacao, iris...Forget about the people saying this smells like makeup or girly, if you're confident you can wear whatever you want. Lasts on my skin literally 24 hours. One of my three favourite for winter.

josevancouver

This is....my new signature scent for fall/winter. Ahead of L'Instant Extreme....A*Men/Pure Malt...New Haarlem. Love the intoxicating iris/cocoa notes. Sexy and something women love.

512ebedgar
512ebedgar

absolutely love it

Kharnak
Kharnak

People DO mention the lipstick smell. It's a sort of synthetic plasticy leather smell, like the inside of a VERY expensive handbag or jacket. This is a really luxurious fragrance, for those who like that very upscale Urban feel. I notice the Ambrette musk on the drydown, which to me is really really nice, and damn near erotic actually.

mstcrstn
mstcrstn

I just bought a 5oz/150ml of DHI reformulated. Did not smell the original formulation to make a comparison, but I love this one. From my exprerience, I recommand you to try this at least 2 or 3 times because the first time all you may get is that make-up vibe and some will not like it, but after your nose gets used to this weird note you will realise that in the backround there's much more, and that will develop during the mid and base. So the smell is wonderfull, it's unique, well blended.
Now for the performance of the fragrance. It has some major advantages being an EDP, and a well done one. Most EDT's that project do that at the begining but then slowly lose projection. This one is very constant, even after 8 hours I can smell this on my wrist without touching my nose and it retains that thick smell impression. Longevity is 10+ hours everytime.
Love it and recommand it.

Vastalux
Vastalux

Great fragrance, good projection but not long lasting on my skin. People will easily thought you are using cosmetic product because its smell like a lipstick.

RAG1987
RAG1987

Smells amazing, long lasting and generally my current favourite. After so long searching and blind buying different fragrances I finally caved and bought this. I had read the reviews on here before and was initially put off by the lipstick comparison but in my honest opinion I really love this and is now my number one AMAZING!!!!!

Energi
Energi

I have been longing for this fragrance every since I got a sample of it about 1 year years ago. Finally I AM GETTING THIS IN THE MAIL FOR A BIRTHDAY GIFT! One-Of-A-Kind!

vicente.zacatenco
vicente.zacatenco

Es un buen perfume pero no para mí, huele exactamente a maquillaje.. muy parecido al olor de lápiz labial, esperaba que estas primeras notas se fueran desvaneciendo para percibir el olor de fondo, el cual se vuelve un poco dulce pero aún así predominan las notas de salida. Y repito buen perfume, pero creo que mis gustos son un poco dulces y amaderados. Aun así lo recomendaría.

octobersun
octobersun

I like Prada Candy and I love Shalimar Parfum Initial. But, I adore DHI.
Candy is similar to DHI, but with some burnt sugar feeling; Shalimar PI is also similar, but with chypres. DHI is just perfect for me.
I feel very feminine and powerful when I wear it. I bought 150 ml and enjoy it, I even find it hard for me to share it with my husband, who also loves it - on me as well as on himself. Great fragrance.

jandajohn
jandajohn

guys one huge hint: TRY THIS ON YOUR SKIN! i cant stress this enough!

so now for the scent: as a big fan of sweet perfumes i instantly fell in love with this scent. its sweet, you do smell the lipstick (which is what will get the peoples attention), and yet it just screams out swag. Seriously this scent makes me feel like everything i want to be. So when i go out in the evenings and want to leave an impression (which is what imo perfumes are here for) i will always grab for this one.

checker79
checker79

Francois Demachy did very well with the reformulation. There are slight differences between the old and new versions of DHI. The vintage opens up with a powerful iris that quickly turns into a vanilla/cacao bomb, where the reformulation hangs on to the iris much longer. You do get vanilla and cacao it just takes a bit longer to develop. I get excellent longevity and modest sillage from the reformulation (9-12 hours) For fans of the original, I think you will like the new DHI...it's still a phenomenal fragrance.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

good scent, enormous overhyped. It's not for me. I Hate the lipsticky feel. 7/10. It's good but there are so many better

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

bought it yesterday. i have no words explain the majesty of this gem. sweet, sophisticated and most important of all the above is longevity. it is staying more than 12 hours on my skin. Ladies get captivated and can easily wear this. ultra mind-blowing.

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

i received this email from dior
" DIOR HOMME INTENSE did go through a reformulation because of several ingrediants that cannnot be used any more. Our perfumer/creator Francois Demachy replaced them by natural ingrediants, and did a long research to create a smell that is as close to the original as possible "

" can not be " mean that they used ingrediants that the FDA not allwoed to used them anymore .. ? i think yes

btw- reminde me jAdore LOR

OnCanvas
OnCanvas

Dior Homme Intense will be present in my collection forever. I just love it.

Behnisch
Behnisch

I think I'd dare to say that this is my favorite fragrance. I just love it!
The iris gives it that lipstick aroma that makes it a sexy, seductive and sophisticated fragrance. The woody notes gives the masculinity to Dior Homme.
This is not something to wear every day, this is so unique I'd feel I'm wasting it if I wore it every day.
This is just wonderful, I smell it and it's like smoking weed, it makes you fly and it transport you to a different universe. A universe full of sexy, refined, intelligent and classy men. This one will never be absent in my collection. I have a 1.7 oz bottle, I think it is enough. Way better than the EDT which is good but not as good as Dior Homme Intense! I really don't care that plenty of men wear this nowadays it just shows how awesome this fragrance is.
I'll wear this the day I get married and every time I want to seduce someone or when I want to come across as sophisticated.

andronicos

This is the only perfume in which I like the iris. Too elegant.

miticothor
miticothor

Ciao a tutti. Preciso di non aver ancora provato la versione del 2007 bensì quella attualmente in commercio: ragazzi è buonissima. E poi la pera, ma dov'è? Forse nella testa di qualcuno...... Nello sviluppo del profumo io avverto chiaramente cacao e vaniglia. Davvero un'ottima fragranza anche in considerazione del fatto che non si tratta di un profumo di nicchia.....
Notevole anche la longevità che va dalla mattina alla sera!
Voto:8/10
Aggiornamento del giugno 2012:
Voto 9,5/10

keshweannair
keshweannair

smells quite similar TO annick goutal ambre fetiche, perhaps its a lighter version. lasts almost 14 hours on my skin. awesome..... got many compliments...

evilspin

Can anyone explain the difference and review them for me the differences between Dior Homme Intense from 2007 & 2011? I already learned of the differences between Dior Homme new and old (black & silver tube differences). Now I need this one. Thanks.

evilspin

I love this fragrance. One of my top ones. I have seen 5 different looks. some old version hard to find that was in a metal casing, this one, some with silver tube inside, some with black tube inside and some with the same with Dior engraved on it and some not. I dont know what or which ones are the reformulated ones or not nor when they were released. I wish i can see a timeline provided by Dior of the released Dior Homme and a photo of its bottle to better understand. Everyone keeps talking about the new style of bottle, the version they have which has a detail on bottle missing or added and they get different release dates mixed up and some say are even discontinued but I still see them at malls or at airports. All i know is that they ALL smell the same to me and its sex in a bottle. Every woman compliments me. And I cant stop sniffing the bottle wanting to even spray it on me to enjoy it even when just at home but i dont want to waste it. i got the Dior Homme Intense and it shockingly smells the same as the original (which i thought would be different since essence and intence fragrance versions are usually modified and notes are intensified or changed)and it smells the same just lasts longer. and possibly stronger. In conclusion, its a great and UNIQUE fragrance and unlike anything else out there. So whoever says this is bad, or cant wear it or its too feminine or they cant smell it on themselves...well your missing out and way too closed minded. This one and original is amazing and does not cloy nor suffocate. It pleases the senses with both sexes thanks to the Iris flower, the lavender to ease and smooth the senses and other notes and the vanilla keeping things sweet & sexy...aphrodisiac

LaDomna
LaDomna

I´m soo in love with this scent! In my opinion this is a classy unisex perfume, neither masculine nor feminine... I can´t smell anything like makeup in it... On me it´s mostly iris but with a nice woody/spicy base to counteract the florals! I don´t know if I´ve tried the old or the new formulation... I´m guessing the new? Anyway, I´ve loved what I´ve tried and I wish I had the money to buy myself a bottle!

sf2explus
sf2explus

Too much iris i gret too much of the make up smell and lipstick with some ladies hand bag feel to it. Has some nice woody notes in the background. A very well made scent but very femminine in a masculine way. strangley i would not like smelling this on a women either. I think i dont like this scent but find it very well made. I have two samples of this and tried to like it but just deosn't fit my style. This will easily last 8-12 hours on skin. projection is very good. A very good scent for formal events for the evening.

Scent 8/10

ColdFuzion
ColdFuzion

Be aware of strawberrynet.com, they may use your credit card information and give it to a third party.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Of course, if you want to kill other people, you can use in warm weather...

Kain
Kain

A masterpiece and one of my top ten fragrances for fall and winter and also in my wardrobe. I looove this fragrance! <3
It's a classy fragrance, great for special occasions for a gentleman with tie and suit.
Start semi sweet with vanilla, some lavender, huge dose of Iris note and only hint of coco.
Very pleasant and well balanced.
In the drydown, the iris note settle down and go in the background with almost powdery and so sweet scent of vanilla and coco. this is the best part of this fragrance. it's a little too sweet for some guys and that's the reason why they don't like it. but it's a incredible beautiful scent and it's god damn classy. very elegant and sexy!
In the base some woodsy notes joining the party and give this fragrance more masculine vibe, but they are in the background.
Project like a beast and last over 12 hours on any skin. it's a bomb!
یه عطر بی نهایت شیک و باکلاس که مناسب مراسمات خاص خصوصا محافل رمانتیک هست که شما با یه دست کت و شلوار و کراوات و این عطر میتونین نظر خیلی ها رو جلب بکنین
در ابتدا بوی نسبتا شیرینی داره به خاطر وانیل که بوی گل زنبق و سوسن، کمی گل لاوندر و مقداری کاکائو اونو همراهی میکنن
البته اون دو تا گل که نام بردم باعث نمیشن که بگیم عطر بوی گل میده و بوی زنانه ای داره. بوی خیلی بالانس و فوق العاده شیکی داره
در ادامه بوی گل زنبق و سوسن ضعیفتر میشه و در کنارش بوی وانیل و کاکائو خیلی قویتر میشن که اونو فوق العاده شیرین، ولی در عین حال بی نهایت خوشبو و شیک و باکلاس میکنن
نکته دیگه اینه که بوی کاکائو میده نه شکلات. منظورم بویی مثل پودر کاکائو هست نه یه چیزی مثل شکلات
در اواخر کمی رایحه های جنلگی به بوی اصلی این عطر اضافه میشه اما به خاطر وجود رایحه قوی وانیل و کاکائو زیاد نمیتونن خودشونو نشون بدن و در حاشیه هستن
پخش بو و ماندگاری این عطر بسیار بسیار زیاده
یه عطر بی نظیر برای فصل های سرد سال از جمله پاییز و زمستان

nula_dee83
nula_dee83

I don't know whether it was just my nose starting to better understand this scent, but after an hour the purest fruity pear note momentarily revealed itself, then blended into the background again. I love this!

golgotronx
golgotronx

Une pure merveille, l'iris y est fantastique, ce parfum, racé et puissant, est un formidable piège à fille, et sa tenue est irréprochable.
INDISPENSABLE.

boruvka44
boruvka44

I don't know what Dior lipsticks smell like, but Guerlain lipsticks smell very similar to this (i have the 2011 version), except there is not raspberry note in DHI.
It opens with lemony lavender, similar to Jicky (Guerlain again), that i consider to be perfect unisex too. A hint of lavender is present till the end, that comes in a loooong time, it lasts over 24 hours on my skin. The drydown is like Cuir Beluga or even more Jil by Jil Sander. Fragile powdery sweet vanilla and mild cedar wood. My husband says it smells like talc baby powder.
It's unisex at least. It doesn't turn to common sour mess typical for male frags. You can tell it's top notch quality. Liquid luxury.

kokorauhan
kokorauhan

Too bad that I can't find this in my country :(
It seems like something that I will really like.

kit1982
kit1982

ChristianSetian13,

Dior Homme Intense... lasts longer.

aaronr0ndale
aaronr0ndale

i got this blind not knowing what this smelled like. let me tell you guys....OMG!!!!! this stuff smells so good!!!1 i have been wearing this for the past week. all the girls love it. every night when i get home from work my wife tells me i smell really good, she then asks me if its that intense cologne. i guess i have the new DHI but it is still really good!

Wibin
Wibin

Sadly I disagree with many here. I do not know which of the reformulations each are referring to - as there may be many. My reformulation is from September 2011. The latest reformulation is good, it has the same vibe as my vintage January 2011.. So surely a good substitute for a not-so-special occasion..? But gradually things start to go wrong.. very wrong. The reformulation is far more pungent and feels like a heavy leather jacket where the vintage was warm and embracing. The reformulation is edging closer to Dior homme (non-intentense) in its tonalities, without loosing too much of the oomph, dropping some of the iris but definitely remains in the intense category.

I would categorise the vintage as an evening in scent for cuddling with your loved one, along with favourites like Narciso Rodriguez Musk, Rochas Desir, L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme. The reformulation is more sexy, daring, more of an evening out scent - but in a very wrong way for me. I actually find the scent very hard to swallow (figuratively speaking of course ;) as it becomes very heavy. Also on others (actually on many) it just smells rank when it mixes into smell of sweat.

The reformulation from September thus gets a thumb down, at least in comparison to the original DHI. The reformulation from May/April (I cannot remember which), however, is pretty much the same as the January version - if it's a reformulation at all. The information flying around has been very incoherent and there may have been several reformulations on different dates.

This is still a HIGH QUALITY fragrance, but it's definitely different. And saying that the reformulation (latest) is practically the same as the vintage and it's not worth paying for is definitely not true. Well.. ok, depends how much the price difference is. :) 50ml vintage is worth maybe $100-150 in my eyes, the reformulation I would not buy again.

thekidfrankieuk
thekidfrankieuk

this is for the reformulation batch from july 2011, have never smelt the "vintage". Beautiful fragrance that smells very close to dior homme but i like this one way more since i get 5 hours tops with dior homme and after 10 hrs with dior homme intense i can still smell it on my hand without my nose touching it where as i get 6-8 tops with YSL la nuit just to compare. I love the iris/make up note that lasts throughout its lifetime but i can see why some may not. I also get a very smooth creamy vanilla vibe a couple hours in and definitely no pear. Dont waste your money on the "vintage" thats selling for $250-$400 on ebay because its just being hyped up by probably the people selling it. if you like dior homme you will LOVE the reformulation of intense because its exactly what is says it is dior homme INTENSE and lives up to its name, especially for $70-$100 ;)

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

To try to simplify this fantastic aroma would be very difficult.. A cross between floral ITR and excellent aftershave..One of the most beautiful aromas around pure class.. M0RPHEUS says the rest..

M0RPHEUS
M0RPHEUS

...it's interesting how legends are made through SENTENCE EVOLUTiON !!!

I remember when Dior Homme Intense first came out, most people were actually complaining how Dior Homme lasted longer than Dior Homme Intense; people were perplexed by this because the "Intense" version should last longer due to being an EDP.

I believe people are psyching themselves out with this Dior Homme Intense reformulation hysteria. The truth is...the Dior Homme Intense reformulatioin is more rich & robust with a simple wrinkle; that wrinkle is in the midnotes where it is charmingly rugged as oppose to the DHI(vintage) which is elegantly smooth. But, when it comes to the basenotes, the reformulation is almost identical to the vintage; I say "almost" because in the basenotes the reformulation and the vintage are both playing the same sweet smooth song except the reformulation is playing the music LOUDER which is pretty intense. Longevity & projection is where the reformulation acutally defeats the vintage...it just lasts and lasts and lasts and LASTS into the next day bathing with you in the shower. DHI(reformulation) is one sexy beast & she gets what she wants...she knows me & she attracts the kind of women we both like...

My truth is.....i LOVE the DHI (reformulation) better than the DHI (vintage).

I say this in the finest french accent ~~> fantastic & merci beaucoup, Francois Demachy.

Carlos10704
Carlos10704

Ok, so I'm actually wearing my DHI (reformulated) for the first time... I did 3 sprays (well actually 4 because I had to respray an area since I missed the first time lol.) Anyway, I LOVE it. The makeup feel lasts a little under 2hrs on my skin and it's nowhere near as potent as DH, so I don't mind it. After that, it smells super sexy and sophisticated. I can't really explain WHAT it smells like. The best I can think of is a Pear, wearing lipstick, while laying in a field of flowers...(try and picture that.) I'm wearing it to work so, the smell is slightly out of place. I feel like I should be on a date or at an upscale bar. Projection is great, especially when my skin tends to absorb colognes like a sponge. I got 2 compliments today so I know it's projecting, even after 5hrs. Longevity is amazing I've had it on since 10am, and it is now 6pm and I can still smell it on my neck. Reformulation or not, I am 100% satisfied with this purchase. especailly at $106 shipped for 100ml

Senzadite
Senzadite

This is one of the few fragrances that i know that you can really notice some development...a mastercraft in perfumery; the vanilla drydown is gorgeous along with the woody undertones is very cold where i live so projection wasn´t that good but i can still notice it at this time (i applied it at 10:00 a.m. and is 10:51 p.m right now!)smells a little bit like chocolate but like a dark chocolate.love it!

norsende
norsende

Simply addicting and classy, love every bit of this new reformulation. Not tried the old version so I can't compare there.

Lasts a LONG time on my skin, projects well and has great sillage. It's absolutely perfect for nights out and it will last the entire night smelling dreamy and classy. I would definitely recommend buying this along with the non-Intense version which is the perfect daytime scent to go along with this one!

Just remember not to spray it too much, especially in warmer climates and then go to terraces unless of course you want the whole place to notice you've arrived ;)

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

First off. I originally did not like this scent when i first smelled it. Idk why but every single time i smelled it after. I freakin loved it! This is one of my top 5 favorite scents i have!! Love it. But DO NOT BLIND BUY!
On the reformulated part: And this is just MY OPINION.
I have a tested both original and new formulations side by side on both hands. More than once. And i can tell you, the differences between the 2 are barely, barely noticeable. And when i have either my mom, sister, fiance', or freind smell it, they can't tell a difference at all. The only thing i notice different between the 2 is that the iris note is not as "out there" as the original. Longevity is about the same. Still an amazing scent, I'll take a reformulated DHI that is 95% the same over no DHI.

Mariano
Mariano

I just realized that my new bottle of DIH is the reformulated one! It has the black collar and the date of manufacturation is April 2011...so...I can find slight differences between these two...overall in the middle notes where i guess they replaced the cocoa with the pear, but i repeat a slightly difference that if you don't have a trained nose you weren't able to know which one is which.
The sillage of the new DHI is weaker than the vintage formula, but maybe it's until the bottle loose some alcohol and the perfume become more oily...

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Why, why why why, WHY ON GODS clean earth would one want to EVER change the lovely composition of the older intense version? Why, does anyone know why they did it? give it another name or something, whatever BUT not changing the prior one. Am really sad about that, one should start a petition on things like this, seriously... I havent gotten to test this version but I`m, was and will always be in luv with the older one. Shame on U Dior. I might have to change my signature scent if am disappointed OR stock the older one.

Edit:
Just tried the new one and the difference optically isnt really realisable, I couldnt notice any difference with my older bottle and this new one, otherwise U notice pear and lavender at the beginnin instantly at first sniff, like said below me, the lipstick odour kicks in and the rest is a small hint of vanilla/musk which is not as warm and intensive as in the old one, about the longevity? That hasnt been tampered with much but this DARKER, WARMER vetiver/vanilla/musky dry down is way lighter than in the older version. I find it sad to say its nolonger my signature scent, BUT its still in my top 3 Top fragrances of ALL TIME, so even with the reformulation, its worth every €. Sorry its the european speakin lol.

soleroc
soleroc

Ummmmmm yeah......

So I guess if you have been "stocking up" on this over the last 2 months or so, and ordering from strawberrynet or one of its sister companies, you apparently have been ordering the new one with out even knowing it... Kinda' rude.

The new one has a very pronounced lavender note (usually shows up in the mid) and dries down to a creamy cacao with not really much vanilla at all. I don't get the pear or the cedar, but the vetiver is definitely present, adding a kind of spicy kick to the creamy cacao (cocoa) accord. I also find that this one does NOT last as long as the original DHI and doesn't even last as long as the original Dior Homme. THAT'S RIGHT!! The original Dior Homme is stronger than the new Intense. Kinda sad. Actually, its VERY sad!

Everyone thought that this wasn't going to hit the shelves until mid September; as it turns out, this has been available in Europe and Asia for a while now. Oh well.

I DO like the way this smells, being a fan of powdery male frags, however, I just like the original one better.

armaniboy
armaniboy

extremely sensual. a heavenly vanilla dry down. i cannot get enough. it has a very elegant, alluring and soothing vibe.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A powdery, smoky vanilla-like frag, which is strong yet subtle....

I applied 6 heavy sprays...

0-2 Hours. 1.5 foot projection of subtle smoothness! It wont knock anyones block off, it doesn't need to.. The main difference between this one and the original is the synthetic smell of lipstick remains throughout with the new edition, whereas it disappears soon after the start with the original and the orginal then turns into a smouldering, powdery, vanilla bomb. This edition has a balance between the synthetic lipstick smell and vanilla and doesn't change throughout. I miss the original I do confess after having both now for a long period. The oily, wet lipstick start of the original followed by that powder cloud of whiteness which followed me all day; this new one just is not as good, in fact the new EDT is better than this EDP as it remains truer. Having said that, the old one and new one, both EDT and EDP are all fab in there own way

2- 4 hours. 1 foot projection but very subtle. Same smell which projects, but on the skin is very harsh smokiness

4 hours - 6 hours. 7 inch projection, very subtle projection but still there

6 hours - 8 hours - 3 inch projection, extremely subtle. You think it is going to disappear, but it doesn't and keeps going, my little braveheart

8 hours - 12 hours -close to skin

A valiant attempt to mimic an iconic legend; this is great in its own right, but falls short of original EDP and the new EDT

Quality

scenturian
scenturian

Already at stores. Tried 2 times.
Start is absolutely different where the original starts powdery, lipsticky.

Here vanilla is not listed but I get vanilla much more clear than the original, or maybe something resembles the vanilla accord, but sure the main player is this vanillic note.
Other main difference looks like to be having fresh fruity citric notes, powderiness of the original almost has gone.
For the untrained nose new DHI may seem very similar to the original.
Eventually I liked this version also. U may even like it more.
I was trying to find the original at the stores, but no way to find since it is bestseller.
New DH is more similar to the original when compare to this.

evilspin

There is a possibility the original Homme wil be discontinued. Have you evr heard of the cologne Vito Andolini? Not sure if its difficult to find in stores but I see them in malls and retail price is $19-@29 dollars. The eau de toilette is EXACTLY the same as Dior Homme. Sme ingredients and lasts the same on skin. I bought a bunch of them as well as Dior Homme as I see not all stores carry Dior Homme. And I use the Vito Andolini to not use up the designer fragrance of Dior Homme. You wont be able to tell which one your wearing as they are the same and receive compliments. Google it. Its hard to find in itself but if you do find it its great to purchase if your a fan of and dont want to waste your Dior Homme.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Basically in September Dior will be releasing reformulated versions of both the original and the intense. Whilst the original looks like it is going to be tweeked the intense will be a complete overhaul ie a different fragrance.

With the intense the cocoa/vanille and amber are going to be removed and they are adding pear and ambrette which is a musky type scent. So it is changing from a sexy seductive semi gourmand fragrance that we know and love to a fruity musky cocoction. And that is why a lot of us are buying back up bottles because the current formula will in time disappear from the shops.

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior 4.62 out of 5 based on 1599 ratings and 334 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dior Homme Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dior Homme Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.