Designers » C » Leather « Groups

Dior Homme Parfum Christian Dior for men
dislike

I have it: 739 I had it: 100 I want it: 708 My signature: 36

leather
Dior Homme Parfum Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Parfum Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Parfum Christian Dior for men Pictures

The new version will introduce the very essence of Dior Homme, in an unusual concentration which leaves an urban and intense impression. The nobility of its ingredients is expressed by the uniqueness of the skin.

DIOR HOMME PARFUM contains three key notes of the composition printed on its bottle: Iris from Tuscany, sandalwood from Sri Lanka and dark and masculine leather accord. The fragrance is available in a distinctive glass bottle of 75 ml at a price of 102.50 Euros. The outer packaging is black with discreet detailing in gold color. Dior Homme Parfum was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.

Italian Orange Tuscan Iris

Rose Leather

Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Cedar Sandalwood Agarwood (Oud)

This is Him

Dior Homme Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Neo Ramaphoko
Neo Ramaphoko

Recently bought this , and wow wow so wow what a blast this one has good vibe I like it

bart4543

kk re review, i have worn it for 3 months now. i really feel like this is dior homme for the middle east market. i guess its the use of rose and oud two notes synonymous with the middle east. its also very potent like most middle Easter fragrances. after the first hour once the leather note calms down i really love it. it gives way to the rose,oud and sweet sandalwood to come out. the leather almost begins to smell like dark coco. plus a slight powdery iris but only slightly, stamps down the signature of this series. This is niche quality as well perhaps just a tad less than tom fords private blend but for the prices i ll take it anyday.

33 percent dior homme + 33 percent dior homme intense+ 33 percent middle easter essance = DHP

eshhar.furman
eshhar.furman

what got me to try this perfume is the bottle, it got my attention at the store. this is how a men's fragrance bottle should look, nothing flamboyant, simple and elegant with a gold-like liquid inside. the design really stands out from all the flashy bottles out there, and it forms a certain perception of the fragrance. right of the bottle, it has some sour smell, not lemon-sour, and not in a bad way. it made me curious.

i sprayed it on my arm and the sprayer is excellent, covers a lot of "ground" nicely.
the opening is simply amazing imo. there's some iris and leather, but the leather smelled a little bit like a burned leather(maybe because of the agarwood). i know it's a flanker, but i feel it is so different from all other scents. not only the scent but the concept of it as well.

i wish the drydown was the same as the first 2 hours, but the leather disappeared, and instead there is something medicinal which reminds me of cloves a little bit.

i think i will buy it next month for the winter, as it will shine in cooler tempertures.

usas
usas

Dior Homme Parfum is a thick, dense version of the original. Where the original is somewhat more complex, Parfum chooses to just focus on the very essence of the idea.

I like it a lot. Longevity is much better than the original.
DHP is pretty lineair. Warm, cosy, a tad bit medicinal (it reminds me of Purol), sweet. The drydown gives me some leather.

siraog
siraog

This fragrance is great. It has a great projection and longevity. Also, the smell is good too. If you love powerful scents this one is just right for you. BUT. I think this fragrance has it's age range like LIDGE. I wouldn't want to smell this one a 20-year-old man. It would be weird and this smell will make people imagine +30-year-old man. If you want compliments, ladies can have the same opinion. So if you are under 30 just don't use it. DH or DHI will be more suitable for you.

adam.spain
adam.spain

I regret selling my bottle. I guess I found myself reaching for DHI as it's more wearable and seductive. The iris is toned down and the sandalwood shines through. My woman prefers this to DHI because it's more masculine. I got 1 compliment from a male friend before selling it. Projection and sillage are the best I've encountered. It would last on my clothes for days, weeks and months. There's clearly a high concentration of perfume oil in this juice so careful on those white shirts!!

eisma75
eisma75

كان عندي مع عطوري لا أعيره اهتماما كثيرا ربما لانه يشبه الانتنس في شكل الزجاجة كلما امد يدي تتفاداه و أقول في نفسي العطر رائع لكنه لم يقنعني بالكامل مؤخرا في احد الليالي جلست تحت ضوء القمر و كان البدر مكتمل و انا جالس أفكر في أمور تخصني شعرت بقشعريرة تنتابني توجهت الى الخزانة اخدت غطاءا فوجدت في الرف العلوي العطور ملتصقة مع بعضها في الظلام و كأنها نائمة امتدت يدي الى ديور هوم بارفيوم رشتين على الرقبة و اعدته لسباته دون ان تشعر بِنَا باقي الزجاجات و سرعان ما عاد اخدت الغطاء وضعته على كتفي و بينما انا ارفع عيني الى السماء اتمعن في جمال القمر و هو يضئ السماء و النجوم تتلألأ شيء ما تسرب الى جوفي ما هذا النقاء و ما هذا الجمال و كيف لم اشعر بهذا الشيء من قبل مع هدا العطر الذي كنت دائما ارى فيه ان نوتة الجلد تغرد خارج السرب لكن ما لم اكتشفه هو ان هذا الطائر المهاجر يعود و لا يصبح يغرد خارج السرب بل بالعكس يصبح هو المايسترو الذي ينضم السرب الصغير في شكله و الكبير في مضمونه جلد مذبوغ و السوسن و خشب السيدار فقط و لكن التوليفة كلها على بعضها أنتجت عطر من اجمل و العطور و أقواها ثباتا و فوحانا اكثر ما يتميز به العطر و هو النقاء العطر رغم انه عطر ديزانير لكن تحس به من شدة نقاءه عطر نيش حقا ان ديماتشي عبقري ليس من العطرجية التي تصدر عطرا تعشقه من اول استعمال بل كل عطر يعود لديماتشي يحمل شفرة ما ان تفكها حتى تجد العطر أزاح جميع العطور من أمامه على كل هذا ما حصل معي مع ديور هوم بارفيوم العطر الذي تقدم الى الامام و ابهرني و استطعت فك شفرته عطر راقي جدا و انيق و متعدد الاستعمال لكن عيبه نفس عيب الانتنس لا تفكر حتى في تجربته في الحر الشفرة تزداد تعقيدا و ستحكم عليه بالخطأ و كن على يقين مودتي

Tassio12

I like this a lot, not as much as the original though. The opening is absolutely stunning, but within an hour it settles into a powdery scent that frankly smells like Bounce dryer sheets.

psychocandy
psychocandy

To me this is the cutting edge of a modern fragrance, gender bender, and a new-romantic type of smell for me. It is bizarre in a way, nothing quite like it. I disliked the original Dior Homme and sold it. This surrounds me in a cloud of powder that is highly addictive. They created to me the pure form of Dior Homme in this concoction. I get intense iris, velvet smoke, as if a dusty rose powder was resting on slabs of high quality wood, it almost takes your breath away when you get a close whiff of it. I wear this rather infrequently and am awaiting fall/winter to really get some use out of it as heat seems to make it go towards the sweeter side, however it's a scent that could be used calculatingly to make a few heads turn. It smells young to me personally, I don't associate heavy and bold scents with older age, this seems like a very confidant man or sultry woman( my girlfriend wears it every other day...) would wear this and leave trails of mystery behind. To me this is the only Dior Homme I will have, masterpiece to cherish.

shalimaraddict
shalimaraddict

Dior Homme Parfum is definitely dark and sexy, but don't think the parfum means more intense. It is strong, but it features the iris note prominently. Overall I find it to be a bit smoother than it's predecessors. The "lipstick" note is turned way up. I really like it for special occasions or going out.

roko

Divine. Dark, sweet,sexy,and 100% male fragrance.

Vanillacarmelcoffee
Vanillacarmelcoffee

It's just okay. Not a favorite of mine. The iris is prominent which is fine, however it's just not a scent I will grab at first and be content with it through the whole day. It will be a scent that I will use every few months, just for the sake of rotation purposes. This opinion might be unpopular, but hey...it is what it is.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

I tried to like these flankers, but I realized you should never "try" to like a scent. You should love it right away and then explorer it further. I'm pretty sure that's why they make 10s of thousands of different scents. I honestly feel that people think they have to like DHI and all the flankers to be a collector , but that's not the case with me: I'll get crap for this post but I don't care, I got to keep it real at all times.

Russian's man
Russian's man

I tested this fragrance months ago and I'm very ''impressed''. The structure it's similar on richness and smell to Dior Homme Intense (DHI). But Dior Homme Parfum it's even more opulent. The oud provides a earthy and smoky smell that results more manly for me. Then, the remarkable powdery facet of iris present on DH and DHI it's lesser present here.

In summary, a very sophisticated fragrance. Perfect for cold months and night.

Scent: 10
Versatility: 6

Overall: 8

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

This is a fabulous creation among mainstream fragrances - unbelievably smooth reinterpretation of the famous Dior Homme.

In the beginning we found an enveloping mix of iris, leater and sandalwood with subtle hints of ambrette seeds, cedar and orange that smoothly evolving into a wonderful bittersweet chocolat exquisitely blended with floral notes (although the listed floral note is the rose, I smelt the stamen of a lily, or, maybe I was wrong and that aroma is due by the mix of ambrette seeds with others notes).

Perfumer has intelligently conserved the sensual DNA of the original Dior Homme succeeding also to assign a more mature and more masculine allure.

I totally agree with other reviewers that in terms of quality there is no difference between this fragrance and the the others from “Les Exclusifs”.

The longevity is incredible - at least 16 hours and the projection is initially high, then drops to average range.

In my opinion, this perfume and Dior Homme Cologne 2013 are the best from Dior Homme collection.

Fragrance 10/10
Projection Medium
Longevity 16 h

M BLUE
M BLUE

Dior homme parfum. What should I say against a luxury brand?!!
I 'm not acquainted with female perfumes. But what I get from this highly praised perfume is the impression of a luxury leather handbag of a classy woman permeated with the odor of lipsticks and iris based perfumes.
Sorry I can't find the man. My uncultivated sense of smell doesn't like it. Not a bit !

آیا میتوان جرات کرد و در برابر یک برند مطرح و یک عطر به شدت مورد توجه ابراز مخالفت کرد ؟ فکر کنم بله !! این عطر من را به یاد یک کیف چرمی شیک زنانه می اندازد که بوی رژ لب و عطرهای زنبقی زنانه صاحب آن در تمام اجزای آن نفوذ کرده ـ کجای آن مردانه است حس بویایی به شدت امل !! بنده آن را درک نمی کند ـ

mhiregoudar
mhiregoudar

Opens up with that signature Dior homme iris which i love but soon transitions into a very thick & cloying combination of Ponds powder, Lacto Calamine skin lotion & oud. This is the cheapest smelling Dior fragrance to me.

Would had been better if they had made a stronger version of the original Dior homme or Intense which I love.

Projection: 10/10

MetalMan
MetalMan

I can't truly express my gratitude toward those who have reached out to me in this journey. Some of you were passer-bys and some may become lifelong friends. I have to state with absolute certainty that I have not quelled my demons nor conquered my fears - it is possible that I may cursed to orbit my black star as long as I live, but it doesn't mean I have to do it alone. You may look at my writings and musings as inspirational, entertaining, functional, or something else - know that they come from my heart and I hope they have reached some of yours over the course of my journey. I thank you all for your kindness and support. I tried very hard to create something that hasn't been seen before...I wanted to be unique in some way and I hope you enjoyed it. This certainly isn't the end....just a new beginning. On my final day I anointed myself in Dior Homme Parfum.

As the high fades from your crystallized mind, you realize you are pulling into your home world. No matter how much time you spend away, no matter how many pills you crush and wash down with the coldest liquor, no matter what connections you make along the way, your home will always pull you back in - there is no escape from your fate, no relief from the pain and suffering, no end to this madness....your home is your grave. As you land your ship, you grit your teeth for what's to come - hell is never welcoming. You pull your thick leather coat closely around your body hoping that something will take the edge off of the icy iris winds....it never does. You walk slowly toward the only structure in this barren world. The sky bleeds in hues of dark purple and opalescent blacks and blues....the setting sun burns the most vicious crimson that the human eye can ascertain. You feel heavy as your feet drag closer toward your end....your heart slows, your thoughts fire sporadically, your blood slowly turns cold in your veins. Your tears burn as they stream down your face - like the sap of sandalwood and oud...each tear will one day flourish into sacred giants lining your final journey home. The last thing you recall are the smells of a cold-burning fire, the chill of iris crushed into the smoldering cacao-like and sueded soil of this scorched world, and the thick amber of death lingering in every breath. This march seems to be infinite in its prolonging....your hand clasps the door handle....it hesitantly pushes open....you hear a 'click'....your vision goes black...this is what you expected....nothingness. Your communicator bloops at you - you slowly rise to see your home has been burnt to the ground and new life is budding all around you. You hardly recognize this impromptu oasis as your home world...how could this be? *Bloop bloop* You pick up the call, "Get off your ass, I'm coming to get you. There's nothing to worry about anymore...do you hear me?" You see the face of a long-lost friend looking you square in the eye over the com, "Yeah I hear you....you really think it's over?" She retorts, "It's never over, but you have someone fighting with you now...never forget that." He smiles as he closes the device. She always was a persistent ray of light in the voracious darkness. Each step geysers the ash of your old home into the air...the soft, woody vanilla fumes fill your lungs. You can't help but smile as her ship ascends the hazy horizon with a new sun beaming behind...maybe things will be different this time. Maybe I'm not alone.

Day 100 - My Black Star
Listening to: Muse - Unintended

Notes: I subconsciously selected this as my signature scent without truly understanding why...until now. It is the only fume I would be comfortable calling a masterpiece. There is nothing in here that I wish to add to or alter...it is perfect. It projects as much as I'd ever like a fume to and it lasts a solid 16 to 24 hours on my skin and it is impossibly beautiful the entire time. On to the notes: The opening immerses you into the wonder of a cold and powdery iris dusted with very dry cacao all linked to a fine suede jacket. The notes more or less linger here for hours and hours - sometimes I get clear whiffs of powdery iris, sometimes rich, dark cacao, and sometimes a rich suede. Somewhere along the way, a rich sandalwood note appears to give more foundation to the initial notes. The iris is the first to fade off followed by the suede and cacao. Many hours later, you are basically left with a powdery wood and vanilla that quietly fades to nothingness. I obviously enjoy this scent, and I will say it pairs amazingly well with a real leather jacket as it seems to mingle and linger for weeks after a wear or two. I bought a release bottle and cannot speak of reformulations, but I am very glad to have this in my collection. I also think this would be a stunner on a woman! Thank you all for reading and take care!

OlfactoryLover
OlfactoryLover

It is very rare that I love a fragrance within the first spray but this is an exception. Wonderfully blended to perfection. If you want to turn heads when you walk into a room, this is for you. For more longevity ensure your skin isn't dry. I can get 12hrs from one spray easily. Do not over spray this one as a little goes a long way.

Ravenwind
Ravenwind

To my nose, Very powdery, but in a masculine way. The Iris stands out, but there is a muskiness that draws the senses in...In short, for a strong male in the evening or night, women will notice the uniqueness and linger...my wife notices immediately and the muskiness hits a nerve.....A good one for romantic evening objectives...

marwa
marwa

One of the best fragrances I have ever put my nose on. Absolutely beautiful, I have to get this when my lovely DHI is empty

thefragteen
thefragteen

To me it just smells like a bunch of leather and powder.
I think it smells a bit to mature for a young guy to pull off, but wear what you like :)

darrenwrite
darrenwrite

this is a nice scent and although i can tell the difference to DHI i felt like it smelt too similar to DHI. I prefer DHI to be honest.

Diegoloo
Diegoloo

I'm 19 and I wear DH, DHI, DHS and DHP. If you want compliments, GET THIS ONE. Everyone loves the smell of this one, so woody, so rich, so complex and with a touch of powder. Sillage is huge the first 4 hours and then stays in your bubble. I love to wear this one to my most important events.

nathanlm

Edit: if you want to know about the longevity of this...I sprayed 2 hits on my chest yesterday at 5:40am, it lasted and projected the entire day and night. It is now 8:00 the next morning and it's slightly abit more than a skinscent...it's probably only gonna go when I bath n spray something else, that's like 28hrs+
Beast mode doesn't cut it, this is like that scene in Xmen Apocalypse where the Phoenix comes out in the end.
I love the sandalwood in this, wonderful. This is the best thing I've smelt, the only thing is it's not versatile, it's only for very special occasions..but you can't blame it cos it is a special scent.

Hazazi91
Hazazi91

Since Dior homme was released Christian Dior was working on the perfection of the line releasing more flanker. To me Dior homme was a masterpiece and game changing in the fragrance game. Then CD released yet another ground breaking masterpiece DHI loved by many in the fragcom. But IMO this is the best fragrance of Dior in the designer line. Well blended and very natural scent, everything about it screams out pure class. The iris in the opening is dry and not as lipsticky and powdery as DHI, it's more masculin and dry iris. The sandalwood smoothens the notes so well and gives it a smooth touch to it. The leather note here is very dominant and right in your face. The three simple notes blend heavenly and you get one of the finest creation of Francois demachy not to mention the performance is off the roof, one of the best performaning scents in my collection I would easily categories as beast mode scent.
This fragrance easily earns a rating of 10/10 for me

chef.peporr
chef.peporr

I don´t understand why people says the leather accord in this is "rubbery". IMHO the leather note is almost non existant! It opens with the iris note but drier than DHI and less sweet. It has an awesome rose note that blends perfectly with the woody accord. Somehow it reminded me Black Afgano in the drydown... Woody, incense accord... BEAUTIFUL!!! Well done Dior!! Scent is awesome, it has the DNA of DHI but they're nothing alike, both open similar but after 30 mins are worlds apart. Get it while it lasts! I'm from México and i had to order it to Germany via Ebay. The only issue i have with DHP is the longevity... It lasts around 8 hours, and for a "Parfum" is extremely low, that's why I give it 9/10

erkek
erkek

Exploison parfum! This is really impressive about with longevity. REAL parfum but its not better as usable Dior Homme Intense. This is suitable only cold wheather.

Scent: 8.5/10
Sillage: 9:10

Castor

UPDATE: Whoaa the Dior!!! This is bombastic to the point of being dangeorous. You risk turning into a difusor if you decide to wear it.

Avoid it at any cost for formal occasions unless it involves any Mediterranean middle class community where these kind of scents are truly welcome. On the other hand, forget funerals, charities involving socialites, boardmembers meetings, working milieus of the attorney / accountant fields, ivy-league university reunions, country fairs with the landed toffs, lunch in a gent's club... you get the idea.

Celebs will wellcome it though, I guess.

Calvini
Calvini

Ugh shouldn't have blind bought...I'm so disappointed :(
I'm sorry but this type of darkness is not very sexy, it's simply grim; on top of that, it's not sophisticated like the original, and the leather here is very rubbery too..

I'll give the Intense version a try before giving up on the line (although the whole having sex with a cougar scenario scares me lol)

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

eau sauvage's prodigal grandson. This is what this perfume is. This is the production of 40 years of persistence and hard work, formulated to suit the youth of today and the men who wants to feel young and fit in with the current generation.

Dior Homme, you're a hero.

(I went overboard with the last part but I got carried away for real).

Aamir Ahmed
Aamir Ahmed

The best offering from dior hands down......

lawry4u
lawry4u

Absolutely Gorgeous....No comparison... ordered my second bottle while the first one is still 80% full

mundher
mundher

It start with homme intense vibe (which I don't appreciate ) for only 10 minutes. After that the iris goes back while the oud, sandalwood and leather dominate the scent. Excellent projection and longevity.
However it's not my cup of tea.

bbao
bbao

I remember when I first smelled the Dior Homme line. I immediately realised, that this is some special stuff. I especially love the powdery tones in this. For me, Parfum version is best. It brings out the real scent, what you really want from this. DHIntense^2

This is very high class, very serious, you don't want to wear this just for kicks, you gotta have a serious reason. People will notice, turn around and stare. Lasts forEVER, I love to spray this around my flat, because it just lingers, and the drydown is sweet, powdery/leathery. If you spray this on your body, be cautious.

9/10 one point down just because it's not so versatile and can't wear it all the time.

EDIT: The saying "Diamonds last forever" should really be "DHP lasts forever"

guachipiruli
guachipiruli

Very, very classy... smells incredible on a man. One of my students wears it... and I am about to get fired...

nazrul.kun
nazrul.kun

"A leather-clad rebel without a cause, barging into a fancy high-society party, stunning everyone around him, going straight for the girl, grabs her hand and lures her out of the venue."

Dior Homme Parfum (DHP) is the parfum flanker of Olivier Polge's Dior Homme (DH), and it's perhaps the most bold and daring addition to the Homme lineup. Truth be told, I made a blind purchase for this bottle after only knowing that it's made up of three main notes: iris, leather and sandalwood. I have a penchant for dark and heavy scents, and it was daring of me to purchase it without even knowing how it smells like. But like the rebel in my opening passage, this perfume seems to be for those who doesn't really give a damn... and yes, I have absolutely no regrets buying a bottle of DHP.

DHP has the same DNA as DH and Dior Homme Intense (DHI): iris. Smooth and powdery, the iris in DHP is unlike the soft white-linen note that I am normally accustomed to but nevertheless defined the Dior Homme line. But what really stands out for DHP is the leather. Pungent, dry and exaggerated, this type of leather is refined and classy, yet rugged and in-your-face. To top it off, the sandalwood perfectly balances and couples the pungency leather and powdery iris with a creamy touch. (I think there must be a big mistake in note lists, because I can't see how there are notes of ambrette seeds, rose, oud, cedar or Italian orange although vanilla is possible.)

Performance-wise, DHP is a beast. Upon application, the scent leaves an undeniably strong sillage which would turn people's heads around. One full spray alone that lasts up to 12 hours (perhaps even longer in colder weathers). This perfume works wonders in the winter, and perhaps also suitable for autumn. Spring climate would be fine, but since this is a dark scent, I imagine that spring is best for brighter scents. Day or night perfume? The latter, hands down.

If DH is the calm and easygoing guy who gets along with everyone in his office, and DHI is the smooth, all black-wearing stud who gets the female attention at the night club, then DHP is the edgy, leather-wearing maverick who tells you like it is without a care in the world, and strikes an impression whether you like it or not. I personally don't just like it; I LOVE IT and made it my signature scent.

François Demachy has made a gutsy move with the creation of DHP, and I'm all grateful to him. It's definitely not a perfume for everyone, but then again, it's not made to be a crowd-pleaser, just the way I like it.

bart4543

K have made up my mind. All i have to say is that If this is not perfection i dont know what is. As much is love intense, this makes intense feel like a sport flanker. This stuff is so thick and full. Iris flower, deep smoky leather and warm rich sandalwood. Superb quality and definitely feels niche to me.

DHI- Sexy warm and inviting. Something you would want to wear on a date or clubbing
DHP- serious, high class, rich and masculine. Any upscale event such as a wedding.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Dior Homme Parfum was the one I needed to complete my collection of this line. I love the Dior Homme line, every one of them. The parfum version is very warm. I can smell the Iris, which I love BUT I smell more leather. In the dry down I smell amber and sandalwood. The Iris is ALWAYS there, which makes this line stand out. Simply stunning and very well composed.

A.Molitoris
A.Molitoris

Smell: 10/10
longevity: 10/10
Sillage: 10/10 2/4 hours

- Best choice for amaze all tipe of girls :D

Ngot
Ngot

What I can say is magnificent! The only one that you get more than what you pay for. Very masculine. Woody, leathery, spicy, sweet what! How come it is so cheap for such a high quality like this! Beast! Now I am thinking to a backup bottle before Dior reformulate it. I sound sick but I am not paranoid :)). Thank you, Dior.

Ioub
Ioub

DHP is another class smooth rich scent from dior homme line yeah it's soo similar to DHI it'd hard to find the different but if you are good in pickup notes you will notice this one has more woody note Making it more manly
Rating:
Smell: 9.5/10
longevity: this is like a Tatto hhhhh 10/10
Sillage: powerfull performance more than 4 hours of sillage 10/10
this is one of few scent that smell good with gorgeous performane !!

romanygerges
romanygerges

This Fragrance creates aroma around you that is full of elegance and beauty, dark and mysterious, makes people want sink in and hug you. the best fragrance from Dior and deserves a much higher price than its current price.

Erok32
Erok32

This, along with Dior Homme Cologne are the least common additions to the the Dior Homme Line. While Dior Homme Parfum shares many of the same notes of Dior Homme, it features ZERO sweetness, and contains strong woody and leather notes, drawing the focus from the iris note inherent to the Dior Homme line. In my opinion, this is neither masculine nor feminine, and is very elegant smelling...maybe too elegant for my liking.

It's a great offering from the house of Dior, but certainly not for everyone. However, surely worth a try.

Beaufort
Beaufort

I tried to buy this recently, (2016) in France and no perfumeries had it, or had heard of it. Has been discontinued already ???

duzmantic
duzmantic

What a BEAST!!! Niche quality here. Thanks Dior.

Hatta
Hatta

one of my favourite perfume from the house of dior.. i cannot describe the way i fell when i were this, the iris the powdery aah just beautiful.. last more than 8 hours on my skin, 10+ hours on fabrics..

i'm saving for my full bottle.. Dior Homme Parfum here i come

Blade_The_Hunter
Blade_The_Hunter

Now This is what u can call a High Quality Exclusively made Parfum from the House of Dior !

It has a very nice smooth and rich scent, very robust, yet very elegant and high class luxury feeling.
It gives you the feeling of being Noble and a Leader without compromising status.
U are the Alpha!

Better yet!

Woman/beautiful ladies are actually looking/searching for the source. (This actually happened, it's why I wrote this)

It's so interesting and mysterious, yet so powerful and masculine, they wanna know who they are gonna accompany and compliment that evening, if not longer.
U dress this to impress, of course this is all opinion related. And my opinion/Fact is that this has become my signature Scent.

Don't compare this to Dior Homme Intense.
It's something completely different, and most people are just following the hype and skipping this one because of the price.

Now to the rating:

Scent 9.8/10

Strong, Elegant, Refined, Sophisticated, Sexy, Pleasant, Warm, Masculine and Intense.
Different notes changes over time, very noticeable. I like it a lot. From the Intense beginning to the smooth and sexy Happy Ending.

Longevity 10/10

Yeah, holds easily for 12+ hours.
Not to mention it changes it's notes overtime.
This perfume concentration is what actually a fragrance should be. High Quality Stuff. Unmatched.

Sillage/Projection 9.4/10

Strong concentration also means in Dior's case a very delicate and wide sillage.
As expected, they can smell u from afar when oversprayed. But that does sound logical.
For that, its a very efficient Fragrance as well.
You don't have that spray a lot to make this one noticeable.

Remember: A Fragrance should be Discovered, Not Announced!

Pricing 9.2/10

Yes, still this remaining high score, why? U might ask.
Because of the performance.
U pay a lot, and this time... U GET A LOT!
Super Smell, Super Longevity, Super Sillage.

Overall Rating 9.7/10

With this, there Homme fragrance line is more than complete. They have set a absolute high standard.
Dior has made an exclusive example. Hope more will follow.
And it has become my Signature Scent. It just boosts my own scent. Awesome!

nathanlm

My new signature scent...need I say more
Very smooth warm scent, will definitely stand out with this, not your average smelling perfume, it lasts forever to. I've been looking for a perfume to call my own n this is it.

EDIT: I wore this lastnight to a Benny Hinn crusade, I couldn't concentrate cos all I could smell was this.

I have just a tiny bit left, I think i'll keep it for when I get married next year.

Minty Mouth
Minty Mouth

The opening smells like suede and dust. 12 hours later it smells like cappuccino and parma violets. IMO leans feminine and unremarkable, but v. long lasting.

texaspete
texaspete

I have owned this for 6 months and still get blown away on each wear which is highly unusual, I usually tire and sell on fragrances very easily.

A definite mood changer, to me smells what 'Dior Homme' should be - a high class masculine fragrance, leathery, sandalwood. Never one to have compliments on fragrances (perhaps not the most approachable personality) but have been told numerous times how good this smells by females.

Expensive - around £80 for 75ml but only requires a maximum of 2 sprays so very economical.

I find DH and DHI to be more on the feminine side but do respect them both for being unique and quality compositions but for me this a clear class above. Well worth checking out.

Yasir Shahbaz
Yasir Shahbaz

INITIAL IMPRESSION
I felt as if i was smelling 75ml of Dior Homme Intense. Blast of Iris feels same as of DHI and this blast lasts for about an hour
SUBSEQUENT IMPRESSION
It gradually transforms into an elegant potent stuff when the Iris blast wears off. I get a smooth chocolaty powdery leather vibe. I find it rather pleasing as compared to Vanilla lipstick of DHI. The leather is well-rounded and not at all edgy.
LAST IMPRESSION
Most of the strength of leather wears off. You get the whiffs of light chocolaty leather, the next day, probably around 16th hour.

Personal Verdict:-
I like this scent better than DHI (DHI has its own class and is a lovely scent) because of its graceful presence which certainly DHI lacks. Guys are 100% right in describing it a SUIT scent. It has perfect projection to let you get noticed as a man of style and manner. The projection after approximately one hour (when iris fades out) is classy and pleasant. I admit that the scent becomes kind of linear but that potency is what i like about it, and i love to smell that sophistication. what comes as a bonus is longevity. It costs a spray to get you 16+ hours of sophistication and class.

people may disagree on its comparison with DHI; however i am not here to prove a point, i just prefer its decency over loudness of DHI.

Sillage: 9/10
Longevtiy: Do i even need to tell that?

georgequeue
georgequeue

Dior Homme Parfum is my latest acquisition...truth is, it smells phenomenal!
In the opening, I feel a very sweet animalic touch, which is somewhat reminiscent of A*Men. After 1-2 hours, there's a sort of exquisite blend of tarty raspberries and incensed wood (on account of the iris and the oud). It's mysterious, dark and fascinating--there's an M7 vibe to it, perhaps due to the citrus, wood, and leather combo.
Dior Homme Parfum is one of the best fragrances I've owned. Projection is decent, and it has good longevity...it's such an olfactory delight!

JANUARY 16TH, 2016 UPDATE:
Before going to bed, I sprayed each forearm with Dior Homme Parfum at 11:30 p.m. last night; it was 11:30 a.m. this morning, and I was still able to catch the smell (namely of iris) from my forearms.

Dior Homme Parfum has been a great purchase, though I had regretted buying it a few hours after I'd gotten it--I've bought up to seven fragrances within the last 12 months. It gives you outstanding performance, endless class, and pure enjoyment...and it cost me $50!

This my definite score:

Fragrance: 10/10
Projection: 7/10
Price-quality Relation: 10/10
Average Score: 9.25/10

iMaverick
iMaverick

THIS IS ONE HELLUVA GORGEOUS SCENT!

I owe so much to the creation of the original Dior Homme! Smelling it for the first time made me so uncomfortable because it was sweet and powdery which made me instantly think of feminine perfumes. But I went beyond it. DH's attraction and innovation changed my way of thinking of scents. With the creation of the EdP, it made DH more sensual by adding a little more sugar to the concoction. I liked the EdP, but didn't think of it much.

DH Parfum is undoubtedly the ultimate incarnation of Dior Homme! The familiar accord of iris, cocoa, and vetiver opens and deepens to a darker heart of woody and powdery notes and a carnal leather with a hay-like note found in Cartier's L'heure Fougueuse IV. It is simply remarkable! It is the aromatic definition of my inner personality. Unconventional, sensual, and sophisticated. Sweetness balanced with woodiness...I don't want any more from the scent other than to sniff it more. So much satisfaction in its creation.

On the flipside, I feel it was a waste of time to create DH Sport and Cologne. There was no logical reason to put those forth only to just satisfy the masses who seem to be uncomfortable with wearing scent at all. DH DNA with underwhelming frills.

While the original says so much, one will find that the Parfum says everything. This to me is what DH was meant to be from the start.

slee181
slee181

Always wanted a bottle from the Dior Homme collection given their reputation but was never a fan of the 2 related bottles, DH and DHI. Read the reviews and few videos noting its masculinity above the rest, and then straight up blind bought this kiddo since I can't get it anywhere else in Canada.

I'm still not a fan of the iris, but this scent has really grown on me. First impression I thought, damn guess no more blind buying now. But now smelling it after few weeks with little sprays here and there, it's damn delicious, especially now since its winter.

Without delving into the finer notes (and now redundant seeing from other reviews) about the smell, imagine this as more masculine (slightly more darker) version of the Dior Homme line, and that's as simple as it gets to wrapping your mind around this.

Longevity on this is pretty good, smelt it on my wrists the next day, even though it was skin scent by then.

8/10. Easily 9 on days I really feel like wearing this.

Sussudio
Sussudio

There is no denying that this is yet another quality blend in the Dior Homme line. From bottle to fragrance, all is done exceptionally well and pretty much nails down the definition of sophisticated.

Scent wise this is the most masculine version in my opinion thanks to the added leather although I must go against the grain and highlight that the leather isn't really THAT strong in this one. It's definitely noticeable and present but not overbearing.

The overall DNA is very present and recognizable, yes even the lipstick vibe is there (very much in the opening even) but this parfum edition is also much more dark and gloomy than it's flanker brothers. It's just more serious and the density of the liquid reflects this. It's like spraying syrup on your neck instead of a vaporized substance. Take the original, eliminate vanilla, make it more dense and put some smoked leather in and you have a good idea where this one is going ...

Unfortunately -and this saddens me- this is now the third flanker that I buy and sell because for some strange reason this line always upsets my stomach and even makes me a bit irritable. So far I'm not able to pinpoint the problem but it's definitely there!

Don't let this take anything away from the scent though, in it's own it's truly a kick ass scent and resembles classic french perfumery in it's core but modernizes it with flair.

landshark321
landshark321

I'm generally not a big fan of leathery or powdery fragrances, and while I enjoy some exceptions on the former (I own several bottles of leather-dominant fragrances), I rarely make them on the latter (a blind buy of Midnight in Paris might be the only really powdery bottle I own).

However, Dior Homme Parfum is the understated, well-blended exception. Being in the minority of non-worshipers of Dior Homme Intense (at the risk of becoming a pariah), I was skeptical of Dior Homme Parfum, given its main descriptors, but its popularity merited attention.

DHP brings forth a powdery pairing of leather and iris with a combination of woods in the dry down. It would be difficult to classify this as strictly masculine and not somewhat unisex, given that it's not a pure leather fragrance but rather a considerate blend that is neither too forceful nor too delicate. It certainly rings sophisticated and formal, and given its intensity and character, cold weather usage mainly, though I'd certainly be curious to try this in warmer weather.

DHP is very strong in terms of both projection and longevity, appropriate for its concentration, labeled as a pure parfum though my expectation was still an EDP.

Overall the best Dior Homme flanker I've sampled, this might need to be a bottle I buy, even as a powdery leather.

8 out of 10

stephan
stephan

Very long lasting, moderate projection. The leather in this doesn't please me. The drydown is nicer. This smells like quality, but it is not my cup of tea.

iman_hamishe_payiz
iman_hamishe_payiz

Understatement is the Key

The best balanced and least feminine of the Dior Homme line.
One of the best options when you want to attend a high society in Autumn or Winter.
I have seen very few beautiful quality perfumes like this,that can really last and project without freaking those around you out.
Also, this got enough twists and turns to always keep you the wearer interested in itself.

OneMoreScent
OneMoreScent

I love DHI so I was excited to try this one out. I am glad that I only picked up a sample because I am extremely disappointed. Honestly, I don't see the similarities to DHI at all. The smell is just so boring I can't even describe it. Not sure what they were trying to do with this fragrance. Definitely a pass for me.

Moonchild1985
Moonchild1985

First of all, regarding the common Dior Homme Parfum vs. Dior homme lntense comparison : none is exactly better than the other, they just serve different purposes. If you can afford both, though very similar, its not that redundant having both.
Dior homme parfum is the more mature, more "serious" of the two thanks to its darker blend. I still prefer this one over DHI because they replaced the vanillic drydown with a more masculine leathery base. Vanillic bases are too common and the one in DHI is a little too sililar to Shalimars to my nose. Yeah the lipstick feel is still present in Dior Homme Parfum but you'd smell like James Bond whos been kissed and hugged (and more lol) by a dozen women wearing quality lipsticks whereas Intense would make you feel like the one wearing lipstick on his lips... :P
On a more serious note, the performance is very good, longevity is over 12h and the projection and sillage are not that impressive due to the very nature of the scent : it has a balmy quality and you can feel its thickness. Instead of leaving a trail behind you that screams attention, it builds a mysterious yet cozy cloud of iris, leather and around you. DHI is the outgoing young guy in a blazer and jeans, DHP is his reserved big brothef in a suit.
Scent 9/10 (unique, masculine, niche quality but not very versatile).
Longevity 10/10
Sillage 7/10
Projection 8/10

NOTE 8,5 / 10

Sandhamnar
Sandhamnar

My best buy ever! Probably my last 'fall in love'!
I'm not good at notes yet, but what I smell is heaven on earth.. (and it has opened my nose-eyes to leather scents)

Sillage: 9/10
Mood changer: 100%

Alex1984
Alex1984

There's something about Dior Homme Parfum that makes it special IMHO; depth.

When the original Dior Homme was released I was working in a department store at the fragrance section. I remember that at the time, it was innovative and groundbreaking. There was nothing like it, samples were given freely and I was truly mesmerized. I bought a bottle on the spot and during the following 2-3 years, gave it plenty of use.
But as usual, in a fragrance downgrading I have it away to a friend who liked it as much as I did, and since it wasn't getting the same use, I figured it was the best thing to do.

For the last couple of years, my samples of current Dior Homme, were nice, enjoyable, and even though the sillage and longevity are extremely low compared to the vintage, the smell seemed fairly accurate. I couldn't figure out why people said it was a ghost of its former self.
Until I smelled the Parfum.

Now, I'm not saying that vintage Dior Homme is similar to the Parfum. They share the similarity that is expected, being one a flanker of the other, and sharing many notes.
They both share depth. Smelling the Parfum made me see just how different the vintage edt is compared to the current.

Smelt alone, the current edt is an ok fragrance. It still has an edge, a very nice powdery Iris and the same lipstick accord I fell in love with 10 years ago. But it smells cheap, sweeter and very synthetic.
The Parfum on the other hand, has the depth that ought to be in the reformulated edt in the first place.
The leather gives it a certain dryness, while the sandalwood showcases the cocoa facet of the vintage, all the while remaining less sweet and more 'of the family'.

Many times I kicked myself for giving that bottle away. Many times I thought of buying the Parfum. But while I feel that this is the best flanker of the bunch, and the one that is closest to the spirit of the original Dior Homme, I also know that giving my bottle away was a closure. And it's a chapter I'm not ready to reopen.

Give the Parfum a try if you're simply curious about Dior Homme, and also give it a try if you miss the old edt. Again, they are not clones but they share more facets than what meets the eye, and IMHO it's better made and with better judgement than the current edt. I guess we both matured, and as a rule of life, we also parted ways.

Guinea54

I think this fragrance is very good.. But I am selling my bottle if anyone is interested. Just in the mood for something a little more sweet this year.

Endymion

This is definately a non-romantic perfume. To be honest, I don't find anything sexy or sensual in it. Very, very serious. Too serious imho.

olfactorium
olfactorium

The smoke of a crackling holocaust: leather, sandalwood and fleshly iris burning tumultuously and rising in the night sky to offer plumes of black incense to the heavens. Wear this only when you are feeling deadly serious.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

I would say that Dior Homme is such a brilliant, timeless cornerstone of modern perfumery, that any variation on it will always be at least quite good. But then Dior came up with that abysmal Dior Homme Sport, so sadly that isn’t completely valid. But well, apart from that, basically all Dior Homme flankers have been compelling so far – and so is this recent Parfum version. Not entirely, but mostly. And surely not as much as the Intense. Nonetheless it’s very fine. It’s fun that I completely skipped this flanker at first, thinking that it was just a different concentration of classic Dior Homme, and didn’t even bother to read the notes or some reviews. If you’re reading this it already means you didn’t do my mistake, but well, just in case – don’t do my mistake! Dior Homme Parfum is a solid, refined, kind of more formal (or more “mature”) and drier variation on Dior Homme, specifically played on darker, luscious, spicy notes and a recognizable leather base with a clever soft hint of soapy sandalwood. Classic Dior Homme’s DNA is here, sadly not as much as I wished but still here; the unmistakable cocoa-iris-musk structure is the core vein of the fragrance (although in a slightly cheaper rendition if compared to its original form), wrapped in smooth black leather dusted with a sweet blend of pepper, some nondescript sort of blackcurrant feel and an added dose of cocoa. Sort of “Dior Homme in a bitter black praline”, so to speak, at once enhancing the sweet-dusty side of Dior Homme by giving it a sort of more carnal and mature feel, and reinforcing its darker foundation thanks to a sophisticated smooth layer of classy, slightly musky black leather. Leather is quite peculiar here – it smells kind of oily, slightly bitter and rubbery, a bit artificial (shoe-polish type, so to speak) but still very pleasant and classy. I appreciate the fact that it smells discreet and skillfully blended, so it’s not just a rough leather patch glued on the scent as it sometimes happens with leather flankers. Actually the whole scent smells pleasantly discreet and smooth, feeling sultry, quiet, somehow cozy (mostly thanks to sandalwood for me) but at the same time almost austere, with an interesting feel of musky dirt running throughout its apparent “mannered” black feel.

The only flaw I have noticed after a few wearings past the initial enthusiasm is a certain subtle feel of flatness – almost cheapness, honestly. Dior Homme Parfum is a very pleasant scent and there’s definitely some creativity here, but I feel it can’t really compete with classic Dior Homme’s quality in terms of richness, dynamism and deepness (contrary to the Intense version, which perfectly stands to that level). It feels a bit simplistic – and I don’t mean “more minimalist”, I mean just a bit cheaper, more shallow. As if the budget wasn’t as good as the concept (which is potentially great in fact). Something you can notice in the “performances” of this scent as well – kind of linear, with a slightly disappointing drydown mostly based on plain synthetic musk. But well, maybe I’m just being too picky, among today’s garbage my rating is still surely positive. All considered, if you don’t compare it to classic Dior Homme, it’s still one of the nicest, most versatile and most creative “niche-like” recent designer leathers on the market, definitely perfect if you’re looking for a classy, subtly sweet, sultry androgynous leather for your dirty nights out.

7-7,5/10

smoj

This is a Dior game changer.. while i am a self confessed Dior fan boy. i try and have 1 or 2 bottles in my rotation all year round, go for DH sport and Eau for men in spring and summer Dior Homme intense for fall/winter.. now.. I HAVE to make sure Parfum is in my collection every winter..

though to be honest when i first spelt Parfum, i didn't like it, there was something wrong about it, it made me sneeze.. at that time i didn't have much knowledge of leather scents. so i guess i didn't understand DH Parfum.

Now, after going back and forth in my mind about spending so much on a frag (it was like £65 duty free!) I decided to go for it, and i am so pleased i did. i was off to Tokyo at the time and around 2/3 weeks ago it was very mild and wet. so one spray did the trick, and safe to say it lasted up to 12/15 hours on me with 1 spray to the chest. wow.

i also accidentally left my washing bag with my 100ml YSL la nuit de l'homme at the hotel after leaving for Tokyo airport, but while i adore La Nuit, i knew i had my Dior Parfum in my bag, which made it not such a big thing.

I love Dior Homme intense, Diffrences between the two, as most probably know but ill just say it anyways, DHI has that chocolate powdery vibe going and this DHP has that fantastic leather note going on, its pretty unbeatable. i havnt worn my DHI since i had DHP.

all in all.. DHP has surpassed my love for DHI to make it to my all time fav frag. i have comfort knowing i have DHI to fall back on.

DHP is king.

Scentrist
Scentrist

So I'm recently browsing through the Dior boutique on Rue due Foubourg Saint-Honoré and I happened across this gem (yes, I've been rather out of touch). My disclaimer up-front: I adore Dior Homme Intense, let's forego a debate on whether 2007 or the current incarnation.

I sprayed this and was immediately greeted with this powerfully smoky accord with iris. DHI has nothing on the impact of this by comparison. So while my wife was browsing and ultimately bought something else, I kept considering this. Late that evening, after having waded through a multitude of shops, I'd been back in my hotel and noted this very mellow, smoldering scent with iris interlaced, as did my wife who commented positively on it. I tried to recall what I'd sprayed where and after jogging my memory.

It was Dior Homme Perfume, many hours later. This took on a life of its own, the longevity was incredibly good, and it just improved over time and dry-down. I decided I'd wait through the next morning and sure enough, it's still there, strong as ever.

Brilliance. 24 hours later, this was as potent as ever. Yes, I was back to the boutique the following afternoon and happily paid Paris boutique/Euro prices for this. Had to have it without question even as I've been pairing down my own collection. This is a keeper.

I'll echo the sentiments of other reviewers. This skews older and more sophisticated, the choice of Pattinson perplexes me. I'd certainly see this as a good evening scent, a great 3-season scent (too strong for summer), and one that would make an impression. Highly recommended.

Composition: 9/10
Sillage: 10/10
Longevity: "But this goes to 11", to quote Spinal Tap.

Bravo, Francois.

K1
K1

A corrupt gentleman! After Dior Homme Intense 2007 which is still the best release of all the Homme line, this latest one is the one I really fall in love for. Homme Parfum has the very powdery sweet chocolate manly smell Homme Intense presents, yet, this rather more masculine than the unisex-inclined Homme Intense. This is the perfume to die for. A lady trap and a fancy dapper first class formal combination of powdery notes, sweet notes, smoldering floral spice notes, woodsy leathery vibe which is the largest aspect. This leather is the key to make it a VIP perfume.

Homme Parfum is not a remedy for what Homme Intense doesn't present; I believe Homme Intense is flawless. It is a distinct variation of iris and leather, much higher than what expected from niche markets. The pattern of smell is that identical and recognizable that any approximate formula is considered a replica.

Homme Parfum opens with fresh orange imparted within cedar and rose and iris. Then gradually orange shifts with leather and peppery notes to give iris a dandy boost. Wow, this is a "fifty shades of gray" type of perfume! The base is all iris, leather and cedar with very slight hint of oud and rose. Very long lasting, very powerful in presentation with vast projection and very effective.
★★★★★

بعد از دیور اوم اینتنس 2007 که بهترین این سری بشمار میره، این آخرین رسیدۀ این خط، "اوم پارفوم" عطری هست که واقعا عاشقش شدم. اوم پارفوم دقیقا همون بوی شکلاتی پودری مردونه ای رو داره که اوم اینتنس داره، اما این عطر به مراتب مردونه تر از ورژن 2007 که کمی یونیسکس میزنه، هست. این عطر تله ای برای خانمها و یه عطر شیک و موقر مردونۀ رسمی هست از ترکیب نتهای پودری، فلورال، ادویه ای، شیرین، چوبی و چرمی که بزرگترین خصیصۀ این عطر حساب میشه. جنس رایحه اونقدر بارز و شناخته شده هست که هر تلاشی تو احیای بویی با نت غالب شیرین چرم و زنبق، یادآور این شاهکار میشه

اوم پارفوم با بوی نسبتا خنک پرتقالی شروع میکنه که درون سدورس و رز و زنبق نفوذ کرده. بعد کم کم پرتقال جاش رو به چرم و فلفل میده که به زنبق قدرت دو چندان میدن. عالیه، لایۀ آخر هر چی هست دور رنبق میچرخه و سدروس و چرم با کمی بوی عود و رز. موندگاری بسیار بالا، نشر بوی بسیار بالا، قدرت تاثیرگذاری بسیار بالا
★★★★★

Moncheri
Moncheri

Quasi the same as Guerlain Santal Royal and Creed Royal Oud.
Oud, Sandalwood, Iris (and leather for the first 20 min). Great fragrance.

Nefertem Ambrosia
Nefertem Ambrosia

I maintain that the CD Homme line is by far the best in quality ingredients and originality in style. CD Homme Parfum is the most original of the entire line and brings us the closest we will come to a niche fragrance in the market.

The Iris note that is a central player in the CD Homme line, is not at the front and center of CD Home Parfum, but remains in the far-far distance. The leather, rose and animalic quality are phenomenal they simply refuse to die down- this will last in a strong way on clothes for 48+++. The Iris opening is replaced by an earthy and mysterious herbal bundles that needs time to eveolve into the rose.

Temperature range/seasonal rotation is most important to consider this composition. This is a parfum and not an EDT. It will be a cloying tiger that will send you and others running if not used at the right temp. The MAX temp on this one is 67 and at that temp one spray is still going to have everyones attention.

Ideal CD Homme Temp Scale:
CD Homme Parfum 0-59 F (Winter Nights or Formal)
CD Homme 60-75 F
CD Homme EAU 75-90 F
CD Homme Sport 90-100 F

Who Will Wear This?:
This is not a daily wear, because of its power, your olfctory system will rebell. Dior Homme Parfum is refined and is composed to exude powerful, confidently individual style. This can not be confused for any other fragrance on the market and is NOT a stronger version of the masterpiece CD Homme that started it all. CDHP is orginal unto itself.

This is a tuxedo, power suit, cashmere scarf and fitted leather driving glove styled fragrance. This communicates wisdom, worldliness and seriousness.

CD Homme Parum will garner attention from individuals who have been exposed to more exclusive and niche fragrances.

CD Homme Line Note Compariosn:

Value- 10 out of 10

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

Hey Speedy Gaf,

It's because of the Iris notes. That's how it smells.
It gets easier to wear after the Iris fades a bit. It gets better, Hang in there.

I am wearing it today. I would never have bought the original if I would have sampled this first. This is the only version I prefer for myself. To me this is an Opulent & Lavish scent. The Sandalwood is divine. Leather is luxurious.

The original is nice. The Intense is well done, but more on the feminine side (in my opinion). Those have that specific Iris note, which smells like lipstick, boiling carrots, etc, etc, and have the feminine "Make up note" which I detest for men. (Fine for women but far to feminine for men, UNLESS that is what you are going for.)

The Iris note in DHP is different, not as feminine, but still sweet and gentleman like.
The difference is, Instead of being castrated by a razor, you are being shaved smooth. Your balls thank you.

The Parfum is more to my taste, more masculine and elegant, definitely a keeper.
I love this one.

speedygaf
speedygaf

OK I'm a newbie to fragrances but I have about 12 in my collection and one or two more on the way. I'm just giving my opinion here, I feel it's very feminine, I haven't given it a full wear yet because everytime I spray it on my wrist it's just doesn't snell right on my skin. I can't say why it smells feminine it just does, I think it smells like lipstick. I have thus bottle for the last 6 months and I just can't bring myself to wear it.

I love both designer and niche, I personally dispise TF TV but I love the Tuscan Leather so I can appreciate a good fragrance. I wear Fleur du male and I love it. It is a bit feminine but I don't mind because it a very nice perfume.

But anyway my main point is I cannot wear this perfume. I have taken about 15 sprays and I don't feel I will ever have any use/occasion for it so I MIGHT be interested in swapping it for opium pour homme EDT/EDP Vintage only, or something along this lines..Send me mail if interested.

Cheers guys, hope someone can appreciate my review.

Guys I am not 100% sure if I want to swap this one.. I am only thinking about it. So if u have vintage Amen or Opium PH send me a mail, like I say I'm not fully sure yet if I will swap it.

free tibet
free tibet

It smells very classy. Pure luxury. Thousand times better than DH and DHI. Absolutely delicious parfume. All women want smell my skin and ask for a date. This juice is a real women magnet. They fall in love with you. DHI is weak as water and very feminine but DHP is an excellent perfume. A true masterpiece.

Fragrance: 9,5
Sillage: 8
Longevity: 10

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Excellent! Different, exotic and top quality. very good. thx For quality, dior.
نمونه حهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام بدهند

muncierobson

I agree with all these reviews... I just feel it is slightly too masculine and mature for me -

I prefer DHI and LIDGE...

I have about 70ml of a 75ml bottle remaining if anyone is interested?

Simon (UK)

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Dior Homme Parfum is the best flanker of the line in my opinion.

The late drydown loses some structure for me but it's the mid stages that i absolutely enjoy about this one.

A golden honey-like creamy balsamic woody heart with a touch of rose. Beautiful stuff.

Very slow in evolution due to high concentration but worth the wait if you're patient.

Great scent for winter. It will warm you like a golden colored Jon Snow veil.

Dr Mohammed fadhil
Dr Mohammed fadhil

It is heavy, long lasting, you may loose your smell after regular use and after one to two hours of spraying it, but it stuck truly to your clothes and skin...it is similar to the Arabian old perfumes..the leather is the dominant smell.
I liked the smell of the Dior homme intense

Jaradona
Jaradona

This is really something! I don't know what is the suitable word to describe it, is it "marvelous"? "amazing"? or how about "majestic"?
The iris here is tamed down and faint compared to Dior homme & Dior homme intense, probably due to the oud, cedar, sandalwood and the luxurious leather combination.
i see that longevity had improved from Dior homme.
enough said:

scent : 10/10
longevity : 10/10 (10+ hours)
sillage : 5/10 (projected 1-2 hours with 1 spray from the tester after this only skin scent [that is my experience])
bottle design : 10/10
price : 5/10 (not cheap!)

puresmell
puresmell

This is absolutely beast mode for me! Incredibly high quality. I have to keep smelling my wrist when I wear this one.

Nba2423
Nba2423

Liquid Gold...Smells like a $500 fragrance. Absolutely incredible. Only reason I never bought it is because it's too mature for me. This suits somebody in their thirties and up.

DAYDREAMING
DAYDREAMING

I think this is the best in the Dior Homme line.I also have the Intense version and have compared the two.The opeing in the Parfum version is a little different. I concur with others that there is slighly less of the lipstick Iris note. It's also slightly less sweet and more leathery and smokey smelling.But it's more masculine that's for sure. It's seems much deeper and denser than Dior Homme intense right from the start. As far as projection is concerned,they're both close.DHP may be just slightly behind DHI,but the smell is definitley thicker and darker,which I like. Longevity on me is also close.I have noticed though,that after say five hours,DHP loses a little of it's depth.And both version are now closer to smelling the same.The difference would be that DHI is slighly sweeter smelling and DHP is slightly bitter. Kind of like milk chocolate vs. dark chocolate.

I find both versions to be excellent in uniqueness and quality. Now since I'm an older guy and tend to like the old school power scents,it took a while to get used to. But I do like DHP a little more than DHI. It does cost more though and that needs to be considered. Because you can give yourself a few extra sprays of DHI. And then it could make up for some of the depth that's lacking once the mid notes and the drydown comes.

ninotatamena
ninotatamena

After u smell homme parfum or eau sauvage parfum or fahrenheit parfum there is no return to other designer fragrances .After that all other perfumes(from designers houses)feel cheap and so artificial and so no longevity and projection.
About the aroma: this is thick luxurius burnt iris embraced with superrefined and sexy leather...
Longevity is 16h.
Projection very good for about 5 hours.
I have at least 5 compliments per day for men and women...
Divine liquid.
A bit expensive but worth every cent!
Please Dior dont reformulate this like the others from dior homme line....

@ninotatamena
Well, to say that this and the other mentioned Dior fragrances "beats all niche scents" is a definite over-exaggeration. :)

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Excellent perfume, top class quality. I got more than my expectations, definitely one of the best for me.
To me this perfume reminds me of three other fragrances and I would like to see who else agrees with me or is it just my nose. Leather in it reminds me YSL Noble Leather, Oud from YSL M7 Oud Absolu and Iris from Dior Homme Intense. Very smooth and creamy fragrance and masculine too, I am delighted to have this one in my collection. I could not comment on performance but I will update later. Winter night time fragrance. ELEGANT, SOPHISTICATED AND MATURE
9 out of 10 easily...

Guinea54

I edited this review.. I really can't figure this one out. I get different things at different times. When I first got it i thought it was very similar to DHI, but now comparing them side by side, I can see a lot of differences..

This DP, is a richer, and more dense DHI without the gourmand sweetness. It has sweetness but it comes from the sweetness of the leather. This is for me am iris, leather, soapy woods, rose powder interpretation. When you first spray it you get a very rich and lush iris/leather combo that almost smells like you added a drop of Amen into the mix. It has a very rich and deep semi sweet, yet dry smell that comes off darker and more masculine. The opening and beginning part of the fragrance is my favorite part. As it dries down.. it can get more rose powdery.. Or you can even get almost a soapy feeling from the fragrance.. It has some kind of soapy woods in there is the best way I can explain it. You don't always get it but sometimes you'll get a blast of something fresh smelling out of no where.. Its very odd. The leather is the dominant note and meshes with the iris to form its own kind of smell. Once it dries down more the leather mixes fully with the iris and it starts becoming more powdery with some soapy wood undertones. At the very end stages you smell more of a cocoa powder vibe. I don't think this fragrance is linear at all..

The main problem with this fragrance to me is that it doesn't have that gourmand yummy seductive appeal of DHI. That milky, chocolate, almond powder mix that encases that iris lipstick note. DP took the iris and made it into its own thing. A denser, semi-sweet leather, soapy wood fragrance with hints of rose, cocoa and.a dab of patchouli.

The ultimate dior homme fragrance in my eyes would be if they can keep that seductive, milk chocolate, almond powder, lipstick vibe of DHI but do something to nudge it more into the masculine territory. Maybe using dryer woods, and putting in some spices or something. If they could manage that, that would be the one I would like the most.

TAP
TAP

I'm a big fan of Dior Homme. The Parfum version definitely belongs to the same family, but it's deeper and comes with a stronger character. This is a dry, rich, smooth and mature fragrance, elegant yet powerful with luxurious leather lasting all night. One of the best perfumes I've ever smelled!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Dior Homme Parfum is what we can call an evolution of the evolution. If we analyze the timeline of the Dior Homme family – with the exception of the Sport versions – we have Dior Homme Cologne (2007), which was a lighter and "diluted" version of Dior Homme Eau de Toilette and, at the other side, Dior Homme Intense, which was the perfect enhanced version of the latest, with great respect of the DNA of the original fragrance and in Eau de Parfum concentration.
Then, in September 2014, after some changes and reformulations, Dior announced this Parfum version, proving that not always a fragrance that is made on a key note (in this case, the Iris) is necessarily an example of lack of creativity.

I received a fraction from a great friend of mine and wore it for three consecutive days in the best of the situations: in cold weather, with temperatures below 8°C and thermal sensation around 3°C. I already knew that this perfume deserved this kind of care, because those who know the Dior Homme collection also know that, if worn in very hot temperatures, the fragrances can take a bad course. And if the EDP version already demanded attention, the Parfum version requires even more care. So, I leave here the naked truth: Dior Homme Parfum was definitely not created for the warm climate of Brazil. But, on the other hand, if we think like this, we will only wear citrus and fruity fragrances, right? And that doesn't happen in real life. Starting with me, who love stronger and opulent scents (not to mention uncomfortable ones) .

The three main accords (visible on tester bottles) are: absolute of Tuscany Iris, at the top; Sandalwood from Sri Lanka, in the body; Leather accord, in the base. But the fragrance brings not only these nuances. There are also orange essential oil from Italy, absolute of Damask Rose and ambrette seeds. Not to mention the rest of unofficial information that guarantee the presence of cedar, vanilla and oud.

And how it reacts on the skin? Well, there are perfumes with leather notes, in which you almost don't notice its aroma or that have nuances that go for a suede smell, conveying comfort. And there are those in which the leather is very much alive, resulting in an aroma that ranges from dry to smoky. This is the case of Dior Homme Parfum!

When it reaches the skin, the initial glow of Orange oil is practically suffocated by the dry aspect of the leather. The Iris from yore is there, but the leather does not forgive and dominates, in a battle whose victory was not previously announced. Then, a mixture of saffron with smoky nuances of tar (like those existing in tobacco smoke) take care of the environment and just goes away after about one hour of application on the skin, when the familiar aroma of the Intense version (EDP) begins to appear, bringing back the DNA of the Dior Homme family.

Without doubt, Dior – via its official perfumer François Demachy – has just provided a fragrance with niche quality, within a line that is more oriented for the designer's audience, without having to sell it as a unique collection item.

The lasting power is amazing! More than 12 hours on the skin and the certainty that the smell will stick to the collar of the shirt or jacket. But it's not a scent of huge projection. On my skin, exudes less than the Intense version. However, it is worth remembering that I wore it in cold weather. For sure, the hotter is the temperature, the stronger it will exhale. However, I would limit its use to a maximum of 20°C.

Regarding the bottle, it kept the visual identity of the line, but requires a bit of attention, because it can be confused with the bottle of the Intense version, although the juice is darker. In my opinion, deserved any sort of special detail: maybe a frieze or the inner tube in gold, for example.
If you like the Dior Homme line, Dior Homme Parfum will not disappoint you.

muncierobson

In the olden days, the parfum came first and then eau de parfum, eau de toilette etc!

Regardless I LOVE this!

Very long lasting and leaves a trail during first 6 hours. I could smel it on a jacket that had rubbed off from a shirt that had rubbed of from my skin.

It doesn't smell like a leather jacket more smoky like cigar smoke. This is fused with the Dior Homme iris note; here it is powdery and sweet but dry and masculine.

I cannot stop wearing smelling myself.

I think you need to be fairly confident and outgoing to wear this, it gets noticed!

Jonny depp should be wearing this not the lacklustre Sauvage in those glossy ads!

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

This is a very chic and excellent, like other Dior Homme series.
in this perfume , iris and leather are dominant
dior homme parfum is very suitable for winter . just winter
It has heavy sillage and high longevity.

until dior makes Fragrance contains iris , I do not think that I go to another brand :)

این عطر هم همانند سایر دیور هوم ها بسیار خوشبو و ماندگاره

تا این که در اواخر عمر بوی چوب ها همراه بوی بسیار خفیف چرم رو متوجه خواهید شد
پخش و ماندگاری بسیار خوبی داره
و به نظرم فقط به درد زمستان میخوره
بوی گل رز در این عطر همان رایحه ای رو داره که در عطر آیریس نازارنا حس میشه
من به رز حساسیت دارم ولی تو این عطر اصلا اذیت کننده نیست و با ترکیبش با سایر نت ها کار خوبی از آب درامده

aliks
aliks

One of the most elegant mainstream perfume for men, if not THE most, existing today. The intial version of Diot Homme were already very original and very elegant, but this new alternative makes it really upper class in my opinion. Very hard to wear if you are below 35 I think, and not self-confident or with a particular personality to match with the dark and very strong leather element of this version. The initial sniff evolves quickly into a cocoa and leather base but without losing the lipstick iris note that is the originality of Dior Homme. I think it will be perfect for fall and winter. The bottle is great too.

roko

You don't need to be a rich man or to own a Ferrari.You don't need to be a millionaire and have thousand dollar's suits..
All you need is this magic in this bottle..

This is a darker version of Dior Homme which is also a masterpiece but it lasts longer.

I couldn't resist to write once again my review,because i smelled it again today this morning.

It should be the absolute definition to words like : Classy,money,Prestige,art.

Just a 20 out of 10 ΄-).

hello...
i do not know what more this can add to DHI..saying this as I tryied only ones at Douglas when spraying on wirst.......can someone enlighten my mind regarding tho this....having DH and DHI, so asking this as a user of both.. besides, if I do have YSL Oud Absolu does it have a relevance to purchase this one as well?
many thanks!

Midoh
Midoh

Do you know what kind of OUD oil is used in DHP ?
Is the OUD Natural and what kind?

JohnMc
JohnMc

I sense from the reviews above that this particular addition to the tremendous DH family is a bit of a 'love 'em or loathe 'em' type fragrance.

I am definitely in the former camp; this smells deep, sensual, erotic and intense. It has a sensual/erotic vibe akin in nature (if not actually smelling the same) as Kouros or Black Orchid, but with a touch more sophistication.

This is most definitely on my wish list - a wonderful, distinct and original new offering from Dior.

michalc
michalc

To me, this smelll only a small bit like Dior Homme/ DHI, and it smells a lot more like Midnight In Paris and I get the odd parts in the development of the scent that remind me a lot of Black Aoud but not as loyd and more leathery with less rose. I'm guessing tbis is due to tbe leather, rose and possible oud that people detect in this.
This lasts long, haven't tried it enough to give an exact amount but it's definitely more than enough longevity for anyone. The projection is hard to judge because it gives me olfactory fatigue but it seems to definitely project well for the first hour and I'm sure it does project for a lot longer, maybe like 4-5 solid hours of my skin

VictorLeon
VictorLeon

Enchanted by this gem! I am big fun od Dior homme intense, but love this one even more! Darker, fuller, more "serious" brother. Five stars!

Tassio12

The dark final chapter of the Dior Homme epic saga. First of all, the lineage from Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense is certainly noticeable, but make no mistake about it - this is a different scent altogether. This is good news for fans of DH and DHI, because you need not worry about "redundancy" with this flanker.

Dior Homme Parfum opens with the signature blast of iris, but within seconds you realize that you're in store for something entirely different than its predecessors. This is a leathery, smoky, and dark scent. It smells very rich and heavy, very masculine, yet still quite elegant. I absolutely love the first four to five hours of this scent - truly niche quality and definitely a niche feel to it - challenging in its own way but still so comfortable. After four or five hours it becomes a little more predictable in its powdery dryness, but it still smells great.

Performance is over the top. One spray is really all you need. And it will last. And last. Spray this on your clothes and you will still smell it five days later.

Deep, dark, sophisticated brilliance - a fall/winter staple for years to come.

maab
maab

By far the best from the whole Dior Homme family.

Onria
Onria

Very sensual! lol I love it!
Basic notes, but very very dark, with a sweet powdery note, the leather is dark and naughty, I feel like eating chocolate while wearing this.

I only had the DH, and this is a big upgrade from that, even though similar smell, this EDP is the dark side of the DH Moon.
Great projection and longevity, I have only sprayed once on my hand and it is boozing around my area.

;)

roko

I want it.I am a big Dior Homme fan,but this one,is the thing i look for.Because it has the Dior Homme line's dna,i did not buy it,but i will when i finish my dior Homme bottle. 10/10

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

i know its for men .. but if u look for leathery Smokey sense this is the one .

Ovamka
Ovamka

To the dude above; I'm pretty sure it has to do with different skin types.

Dior Homme Parfum = For Men

Dior Homme / Intense = for Women

I don't know why I react the way I do to Dior Homme and DH Intense, but when I smell it on a man it makes me feel not good, it's just very unpleasant.

Spray this on a woman and all I can think of is to ravish her.

sherifmango
sherifmango

إرتدى بدلته العصرية و إمتطى سيارته الكﻻسيكية اﻷنيقة الفخمة المخصصة لمثل هذه المناسبات و إتجه نحو ذلك الحفل.

في ذلك الوقت وصلت هي مع والدها رجل اﻷعمال المشهور وكان المصورون علي جانبي الممشى. كان والدها يمسك بيدها و يمشي بكل ثقة و فخر علي السجاد اﻷحمر و هي تسحرهم بإبتسامتها الرقيقة حتي أخذوا مكانهم بين الحضور.

عند وصوله هو أيضا أخذ المصورون ينفردون بأخذ اللقطات له فقط، يصورون ثقته و جاذبيته و سحره الذي كان يطغى علي جميع الموجودين معه من الشباب رواد اﻷعمال وبداء يتعرف علي الحضور. لكنه بعد تلك البورتكوﻻت الخانقة شعر بحاجة إلي هواء نقي لذلك إتجه إلي شرفة قريبة.

في البداية كانت ترقبه بسعادة من بعيد كما أنه كاد أن يذيب قلبها بعبيره الذكوري عند مروره بجانبها، و لكن فجأة و لكثرة المدعوين في الحفل فقد إختفي خلسة من ناظريها.
لم تجد بدا" من إتباع رائحته المميزة التي خلفها من وراءه. قادها ذلك اﻹكسير حتي إنتهي بها المطاف إلي نفس الشرفة التي وقف عندها يتنشق هواء المساء البارد.

لحسن الحظ كان مدخل الشرفة ينسدل عليه ستار من قماش مخملي يخفي ما خلفه.
كان قد جذبها منظره اﻷنيق الساحر و ثقته المغرورة و رائحة عطره التي تثير الحواس، أحس برعشة البرد تسري في جسدها فنزع جاكيته اﻷسود فورا" و وضعه عليها. شعرت بدفئه ودفء عطره فطبعت علي خده قبلة رقيقة و هامسة في أذنه: "إنتظرتك طويﻻ" :) ...

لم يتبقى في ذاكرتي الكثير فيما يخص سابقه Dior Homme Intense فقد خبرته منذ فترة طويلة.. لكن لم أتقبله لطغيان تلك الرائحة التي تشبه "Lipstick" و إعﻻنه عن نفسه بشكل صارخ رغم تفرد الرائحة.. لكن DHP هو صورة أكثر ذكورية من سابقه و أكثر خشونة رغم وجود تلك السمة الباودرية.. وبدايته القوية لكن بصورة رصينه..
عطر غني كثيف فريد فخم راقي صديق حميم لبشرة مرتديه.. رغم ذلك الثقل من النوت لكن للمفارقة أنها تنصهر و تلتحم مع البشرة كأنها تتشربها و تتنفسها مرة أخرى.. نفس إحساس شم بشرة اﻷطفال بعد تغطيتها ببودرة التلك المعروفة :) ...
ليست العطور من تغير من شكل مرتديها، لكن أثرها و وقعها على النفس هو ما يترك عليك طابع من الثقة و الجاذبية و النمط اﻹيجابي و الذي بدوره ينعكس على سلوك الشخص..
إذا إعتبرنا DHI عطر جذاب و فاتن بصورة شهوانية صريحة واضحة، فتاليه DHP هو فاتن جذاب بشكل حسي أكثر رزانة و توددا..

الوصف العطري: إفتتاحية قوية من السوسن الباودري مع شيئ زهري رحيقي مخضر كثيف.. قليﻻ بعدها تسيطر السمة الباودرية مع شعور مر و حاد يشبه الكاكاو رغم أنه غير مذكور ضمن المكونات و لكنه غير كريمي.. الورد غير بارز و يظهر في شكل ومضات ضعيفة لن تلحظها إﻻ إذا رششت العطر على رسقك بغرض التجربة و التمحيص.. تلك البداية ستقودك بإتقان إلى مرحلة تظهر فيها الجلود الواضحة.. الجلود هنا لحسن الحظ ليست بتلك المزعجة التي تشبه جلد المدابغ الخام و التي أمقتها :) .. لكنها نوت جلد مشرب بتوليفة من النوت لجعله أكثر نعومة مع اﻹحتفاظ كذلك بالطابع الذكوري المميز للعطر عن سابقه.. توليفة باودرية كريمية زيتية خشبية حلوة سموكية تم تشريب الجلود بها و طمرها فيها لتلطيفها.. النوت الخشبية اﻹسموكية شبيهة لحد كبير لما في عطر Oud Wood من توم فورد.. بعدها تصبح الجلود أكثر نعومة..
في مرحلة الهدوء العطري يستقر العطر على رائحة عنبرية كريمية شرابية بجانب الجلود الناعمة..

العطر راقني أكثر من سابقه ﻷنه أكثر ذكورية و نضوجا و كﻻسي بشكل رائع و رزين..
بالتأكيد العطر شتوي بحت.. كما و يظهر جمال عبيره المغري الفاتن مع تلك النفحات الباردة بحيث يلفك بهالة عطرية حميمية مثيرة دافئة تذيب قلوب العذارى و تدير الرؤوس..
الثبات في غاية الرضا و الفوحان جيد جدا..

النوت: البرتقال، السوسن، الورد، خشب الصندل، السيدار، الجلود، العود، Ambrette.

و دمتم بود :) ...

Castor

I always thought how a classic cuir for men like Knize 10 would smell like if upgraded according to present day tastes. I even mentioned this to a nose asking (the other perfume aficionados community) members for suggestions for a project.

I got the answer.

The flanker is misleading, there is something in common between Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme Parfum, the iris and the leather. In this case, the gourmand accords are absent, maybe in favor of a more masculine character - in a game played with family members consisting of a blind test, Magie Noire was described as a masculine and Dior Homme Intense as a feminine. In the case of the Parfum, the lack of gourmand accords are the reason why I perceive it as serious in character: the leather plays a central role, but it lacks much of the fuel-like attributes of its past versions. In this case, it is much more alike to the smell of cowhide. No femininity in this case, something that is crystal clear in the mid and basenotes.

On the other hand, if fulfills the expectations of the "longevity / sillage" clubmembers, which might be the reason why it can be a bit exhausting in the case of those who favor more subdued kinds of scents.

I planned not buying anything after completing a very large collection of vintage scents or their present day renditions, some still available in stores, other discontinued. Sometimes it went out of hands for I included contemporary ones that still had what was needed in order to consider them off the generic league territory. Well, this came as a pleasant surprise.

Yap, I could not avoid adding one more bottle to my wardrobe.

$$
$$

This is thee best Dior homme they produced thus far.Nothing can compare to the musky,cocoa,powdery, creaminess.Its like silk butter to put in better words.This elixir is so true and suitable for the night, it has and will send you into a scent euphoria.

du57in
du57in

I find the entire Dior Homme line --EDT, Parfum, Intense and Eau-- to smell very similar, with a few important changes.

To keep it simple:

Dior Homme is waxy iris and chocolate.
Dior Homme Parfum is waxy iris and leather.
Dior Homme Intense is waxy iris and vanilla.
Dior Homme Eau is waxy iris and citrus.

Dior Homme Cologne 2013 really doesn't even belong in the line, as it bears no similarities with the other entries.

My favorite? Dior Homme Parfum.

alxkwst1996
alxkwst1996

Fantastic fragrance! I find this one on an even more darker edge compared to Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense. DH Parfum gives off a smoky, musky aroma on me. A masculine, sensual smell. I absolutely love this one. A definite winner from the Christian Dior house. A top quality fragrance!

Overall Rating: 9.5 out of 10

dubairob
dubairob

As a big fan of the original Dior Fahrenheit and Francois Demachy's Eau Sauvage Parfum, I came to this last year with high expecations. To be frank, I have never particularly liked Dior Homme Intense and have genuinely found it to remind me too much of "chocolate and lipstick in a leather handbag". But I was interested in what Demachy would do with this leather note in one of the most recognized - and lauded - of contemporary male fragrance lines.

Right from the outset with Dior Homme Parfum there is immediate evidence of an improvement in the tone the fragrance takes over DH/DHI. It is unquestionably more masculine, even darker and more sophisticated in its approach. Yes, the iris here is evident from the beginning and does show obvious similarity to DHI - but it is the development from underneath that steals the show. Rich but soft and luxurious leather, matched with a dry sandalwood base and a seeming host of other unmentioned notes and accords that come in an out focus. Some will get a dark chocolate-like vibe to some of this, some will find some smokiness, and for some the more powdery associations may prevail. I am also convinced there is some oud evident here deep into the drydown. It is also one of those fragrances that even though the notes listed are minimalist - just like the brilliant Eau Sauvage Parfum - the blend engenders the complexity that follows through over hours.

For me, living with this fragrance for the last six months or so, what shines through is that Dior Homme Parfum starts off in a somewhat classical French style, redolent of a glorious past, but develops into a more oriental - even Arabian - fragrance as the richness and complexity unfolds. And it does this with ease, without any clumsy or uncouth transitions.

All said, Dior Homme Parfum is an an excellent cool evening formal or dinner date scent. It gives an impressive allure and is evidently high quality with a very tasteful composition. Its performance is very good - particularly with regard to longevity. To this reviewer, it also redeems all the missing or questionable facets of the previous Dior Homme editions.

Highly recommended try.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Agree with sussex2 : lipstick / cosmetic feeling, very powdery.

Potent and nice. Beautiful sillage.

sussex2
sussex2

First new scent I've smelled in ages. First impression is that it smells like lipstick and oud - which just so happens to be a very comortable combination. Nice.

After wearing maybe five or six times, reminds me of apple pie and custard. As rich, but not as sweet. Still get a hint of iris after its warmed up. Very addictive.

Hubbubah
Hubbubah

This is similar to its older cousins. However, I much prefer this one. DHI is sweeter where DHP is more tart and dark. The leather is farenheit-ish, however, blended with the notorious DH experience, it makes a lovely and intoxicating fragrance. I love this stuff. It's classy and a bit bold. Not an in your face bold, but a statement clearly made. I could get into description of the notes, but I'd say one thing, it is a very classy leather. Yes, this is easily summed up in the word, "masterpiece."

Pare159
Pare159

Very nice deep chocolate and leather. The Original on drugs. Above average projection and longevity. Worn in cold weather and nights out.

Maxvonembs
Maxvonembs

Without reluctance I acquiesce to the review by Fábio Condé below, the elegance of this fragrance is fully captured by his review. As well, Darvant on basenotes brilliantly describes this fragrance.

I will in my own words say that this fragrance is a true MASTERPIECE of modern perfumery. It is intoxicating and unique. I have a bottle of batch 4V01 - 8/2014. There are certainly similarities with DH and DHI, but I must say that this is the undisputed champion in all regards for the line.

Again in my words, Heavy but close, almost skanky but not unwashed parts skanky with the occasional breath of fresh air along the way, quality equal to the La Collection Couturier line.

Simply lovely.

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

I find this one similar to DHI, but this is far, far better. It's masculine, the sweetness isn't cloying, and the balance of iris and leather is very well blended. I'm surprised by this very good addition to the DH saga, and with DHI pre 2008, are the best of the line. Want it!

jays786
jays786

My favourite from the entire dior homme line.

ScentedRomeo
ScentedRomeo

To platinum14 below..there's one on Amazon.ca on sale for CDN$ 246.21. Kinda pricey but everyone knows it's hard to come by in Canada. If you really want the Parfum version, online is the best way to go for this one.
I have the Intense version from the 2013 batch and I'm pretty satisfied with that one. For me it's alot of iris and pretty intense enough but I do see the point of having the Parfum version especially if one is a collector or a lover of great perfumes. Dior Homme Intense is one classy bad-boy that's for sure. I'm sure the Parfum version is one step up from that in intensity. Good luck in your search! Happy sniffing! ;)

platinum14
platinum14

Only one question: Is this actually sold somewhere in Canada?
I've been looking for it everywhere!

Edit: I finally got it and I LOVE IT!
The leather comes through and brings the fragrance to a whole new level.

Knows2Nose
Knows2Nose

Dior Homme Intense is the King of all fragrances. I get more compliments and longevity from DHI than all other mainstreams like Bleu de Chanel, 1 Million, Versace Pour Homme, all the new YSL's. This Parfum is very similar to DHI and I feel like they amped up the Leather and Sandalwood, got rid of the sweetness and vanilla. At the end you get a more pronounced Dior Homme, perhaps a deeper darker scent.

To the reviewer below, clearly it has nothing to do with trying to be more masculine lol. The entire Dior line is top of the line, as good as it gets when it comes to fragrances so this is obviously not cut out for you.

henriques
henriques

Oh, it's dark here, I can't see anything.
Oh, but I can smell something burned here.
There is a dark powder smoke in the air!
Oh, burn it again... I loved this smell!

jozemo
jozemo

This is a very powerful parfum, going into 48 hours lasting on cotton fabric and still going strong , it has the same DNA as the previous flankers ,but this is a dark ,bitter drydown that screams luxury ,collectors seek this gem out, it's the ultimate nighttime frangrance for grownups.

psebi101
psebi101

I've tried this a few times and it behaves inconsistently on me; sometimes I like it a lot and sometimes not that much. There is a heavy dose of iris at the start and here is where it's similar to the Homme and Homme Intense. After that, the leather (which is clean in my opinion) takes over and the iris is starting to disappear. I don't see the cacao listed, but I get a dusty, dry and powdery cacao under that leather. Well into the heart, the sandalwood is giving it a nice sweetness and from now on it gets pretty linear. Sometimes I fell it's a bit synthetic and for now I won't be getting a bottle. My favorite from the line remains Homme Intense, which I think it's excellent from top to bottom.

Scent: 7.5/10
Projection: 8/10

groover
groover

Got this today, must say i do agree to
most of the reviews in here, it smells
almost the same as DHI but without
the lipstick note, it is stronger than its
brothers and i noticed after a little while
a very plesant tobacco leather vibe that i
liked very much and i think that is what makes
it different from DHI and the sweetness is almost
gone in this one more mature and manly it is.

grug
grug

Pretty damn good. Starts off like DHI, with strong and rich iris, which turns sweet on account of the leather. The iris fades off a bit and a woodyness takes over to join the sweet leather. This is far more natural smelling than DH or DHI, and has much less of a make up vibe. The mid dry down really reminds me of YSL Splendid Wood (another amazing scent). This exceeds my expectations as it really takes a different path to DH and DHI. Dior has not put a foot wrong with its male parfum releases. All are future purchases, however, i'm torn as to which order!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A masterful version to finalizing the line.
Parfum opens with the DNA of the line, here we have a slightly aromatic iris and in seconds becomes powdery, more powder than aroma of makeup, lipstick, as in EDT and Intense, yet i also feel chocolaty nuances, like chocolate powder.
What intrigues here is the touch of leather, legitimate and cozy with a touch smoky also bittersweet but very light and unobtrusive, rose and oud are probably here, looking there is a light burning behind the leather, almost a burning incense, making it more intriguing, dark and sober.
This transition lasts, the velvety leather hug the iris for hours, even with a fiery touch, and postponing the entry of the gourmand touch vanilla, which is milder and more musky.
Trying to sum up, is how to mix the Dior Homme and Intense and more in between, put drops of the exclusive basis of Dior with its leather and rose.
I did not expect but Demachy made another work of art!

shravanevana
shravanevana

I feel like James Bond when I have this one on, especially when I'm in my suit and tie. A certain confidence booster. I walk into the club like I'm a celebrity...no, THE celebrity. Now, the night is mine to conquer.

My experience with this gem:
I am at the Dubai airport's duty free shop looking at perfumes.
I stop by the Dior kiosk and try DHP on my left hand - one spray only.
I board my 14.5hr long flight to Seattle.
I toss, turn, put on/take off my jacket a few times, pull on/off the blanket, cuddle with the pillow, etc. In essence, there was a lot of activity going on at the part of my hand on which I applied this cologne.
14.5 hrs later, this one is still on me...still projecting at arm's length! It never left me. I enjoyed smelling it all through the journey. It even overpowered Creed's Virgin Island Water that I was wearing around my neck.
After that, I couldn't stop smelling my leather jacket to which this scent latched on from my hand...days after!
All of this with 'One Spray'.

Although it reminds me of DH in the opening and Midnight in Paris in the dry down, it is still unique in it's own. Another home run from Dior! Definitely worth a try!

Molko
Molko

Very dark shady like the bottle. On my skin I feel dry, dusty and bitter powder/iris, not as clean/bright and sweet as the older versions, more serious and mature, smart. Weird that many reviews talk about real masculinity, but on my skin and the paper is widely feminine, smells like women's bag with full of cosmetic accessories (lipstick and powder). If I could not know that's Dior homme I believe that is scent for women:)
The perfomance is enough good, lasts long time with moderate sillage, the price is enough high.

Manny44
Manny44

I'm completely knocked over by this. Although I own and admire DH and DHI , i've never completely embraced them as wearable for me, personally. They are great in theory but for whatever reason, I struggled to make good use of them and just found them....distancing?....obtuse?. Easy to admire, hard to love. This one is different and a must try 10/10 in my book. So rich and appealing without stepping foot completely into gourmand territory. The best designer release in ....years.

Belvedere

Top class perfumery. Smells very very expensive and exclusive, lasts forever and projects beautifully. Think DHI but less sweetness, a little bit of leather, vanilla and wood but not a spice bomb like One Million.

Without doubt 10/10 for me.

Navid Sh
Navid Sh

Got this masterpiece a few months ago and have been wearing it on and off for a while now, I have to say I absolutely adore this fragrance. It has a bit of a fresh feel compared to DHI also when DHI dries down on my skin I get a sweet sticky feel from it but this has a less sweet and more animalic dry down than DHI for sure.

The longevity of this fragrance is absolutely phenomenon, one of the best; I have compared it side by side to A*men and they are both equal in terms of longevity but the projection of A*men is slightly more due to the intense gourmand aroma, whereas Dior Parfum is more subtle and sophisticated.
Because of the nature of this fragrance I would say it would be most suited for special occasions and winter time. Age group 25+ but that is just a suggestion

I don't want to write a super long review but I will say if you want a "panty dropper" fragrance stick to DHI or Valentino Uomo this is more like a fragrance for a gentleman with refined taste and only someone with exquisite taste will appreciate it so I would not waste a single drop of it considering how hard it is to get a bottle.

Here in the UK it can be purchased from Selfridges or duty free so I plan on getting another bottle as at the moment I don't use this fragrance as much as I want to because im too afraid it will run out.

Scent 10/10
longevity 10/10
sillage 9/10
overall 9.5/10

silverarche
silverarche

Trop d'iris tue l'iris.

L'ouverture trop irisée (beurre d'iris) est limite répugnante pour moi, après ça se calme et la différence avec la version intense se fait moindre.

Très peu d’intérêt, la version Intense est pour moi la meilleure et la plus équilibrée.

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

It has great longevity with heavy sillage and I can smell rose and cinnamon too!it's not st like homme intense!Good job!

zaetown

So glad I blind bought this parfum this is my new favorite from the Dior line. Not that I dont get any sandlewood but I get iris , tobacco, and leather mostly. The performance is truly stellar and stays on until you wash it off. Worth every penny I just wish I cud find a larger size than 2.5oz bc im sure I will be wearing it year round only lightly on hot summer days. Yep its that good.

Dayno
Dayno

To me this smells so stunning that I had to use it for today's interview! I really like the way this has been blended with a nice heavy hit of quality leather, the signature iris note is still a prominent player throughout. Powerful but very sophisticated and best of all, lasts a good few hours on my skin being parfum concentration. Silage is also just right.

In my opinion, well worth the price tag, especially if you like the Dior Homme lineup.

Francois Demachy made a masterpiece and I am very happy to have this in my collection!

courtly
courtly

This one is a BEAST! This is my absolute favorite fragrance of all time. Too bad i only had a 2ml sample.. It's now empty :( I'll buy a bottle of this masterpiece very soon!

jessefuhrmann
jessefuhrmann

This stuff is super strong lasts 10+ hours easily! The smell is amazing and elegant.

snifferdogx
snifferdogx

Delicious, decadent, deep, dark. Dior Homme Parfum is magnificently regal in its rich leather amidst which the coolness of the iris emerges like a soft haze, and warm sandalwood underlining the composition.

There is definitely a rose note in there. This is a rich, dark and dense rose, not a light and wafty floral.

A masterpiece, and I'm going to die if it's not in my collection by winter time.

zaetown

Masterfully done fragrance. I can smell all 3 notes of iris, sandalwood, and leather beautifully done with just a smidge of cocoa. My new favorite from the Dior line as much as I like DHI its just a bit too feminine for my taste but this is perfect for me almost like something I would create for myself. Beast performance overall. Not sweet like DHI a bit powdery but in a masculine way.

Overall 9/10
Update: 10/10

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

@smokysymphony you are on the money, for me this is the epitome of Dior after Dior changed the original Dior Homme intense (and yes am one of those people who absolutely didnt find it funny), nevertheless its a fantanstic fragrance. But back to my point, like mentioned before you can literally notice EVERY OUNCE of those notes, most importantly leather and Iris, and boy did I not know that these two team up very well. You will know what I mean after an hour or so, and this goes on for AGES, and I mean AGES. Even after taking a shower and then the next morning, there were still whiffs of this on me. Probably Diors most longlasting fragrance after Dior Intense´s reformulation, definitley gives TF´s TV, which is my Champion in that Area, a run for the money on longevity. I hope they dont come to stupid Ideas of changing (tweaking)the composition anyhow.
Its damn perfect the way it is, and I find it more musculine than the Vanilla and Iris mixture IMO. Not only because its leather, but it just feels more mature and manly.
12/10 if that was possible.

smokysymphony
smokysymphony

The beauty of this fragrance is that you can really smell the leather, Iris, and Sandalwood.

Not the usual boring powdery scent.. I get powdery smokiness with sweet-wood and leather feel.

I think it is between unisex and masculine. I get whiffs of masculine scent, and sometimes I get unisex.

So powerful fragrance. Treat it just like your jacket, wear it only when it's cold.

Lovely scent with amazing quality.

Svezzy
Svezzy

I own both, the intense and this one, they cannot be compared as they are two totally different perfumes.
This one I really strong, lasting and bitter, really really dark.
The intense version turns more sweet on my skin.

angel6
angel6

My husband have a bottle of DHI, and I was given a sample of the Dior Homme Parfum, and I am comparing them at the moment, Dior Homme Parfum is more masculine and serious than the DHI, I prefer DHI over the parfum, because in my opinion is more sexy and sweet with the vanilla and that is what the parfum is lacking. I'm thinking about getting a back up bottle of DHI for hubby before they reformulate it again.

Update 01/03/16. Got another bottle of DHI, my husband and I are very happy.

edge42
edge42

Francois Demachy turns to the "dark side"!

If Dior Homme is Luke Skywalker, then Dior Homme Intense is Princess Leia. That makes Dior Homme Parfum Darth Vader, the true badass of the family. The dark, loud and unapologetic one. But also the one everyone treats with the most respect.

Imagine a richer, darker, more daring and incredibly strong version of Dior Homme and you'll be pretty close. Rose has definitely shown up to this Dior party, and it's dressed up as Darth Vader in a leather jacket. Leather and rose are very prominent throughout the scent, especially the drydown. And both are very beautiful notes that are extremely well done.

And what a powerhouse! This stuff is crazy, probably the most powerful fragrance I've ever come across. The juice is very yellow/brown with an obviously high concentration of perfume oil (so be careful what you spray it on!). High quality oil as is the Dior way. Seriously, 1 spray of this has lasted over 1 week (!!!) on a sample cotton pad, and it's still projecting over 1 foot. This scent goes through about 4-5 different distinct stages over the course of DAYS. Not hours, the scent lasts so long that some of the later drydown stages don't show up for a day or two... I don't even know what else to say!

Ha, I don't think I've ever written a review with so many exclamation marks before. If you love Dior Homme, this is a definite try. But you'd better be prepared to come to the dark side.

junior halston
junior halston

Very glad to own this it attests to that you can still find classics in this time and age.

The addition of fine leather into this fragrance adds a very rich and tart note to the sweet powdery iris character of the fragrance.

Every devotee of Dior Homme should make a pilgrimage to see out this elixir.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

Gorgeous smell. Excellent performance. The only huge difference between this fragrance and Dior Homme Intense (DHI) is the leather scent that exists here. The leather here introduced a type of bitter smell to it that is not my favorite. Maybe this scent made it more mature or more masculine, but I prefer the DHI over the perfume version. It is somehow more fresh and sweet.

I definitely LOVE this fragrance, for its beauty, its performance and its quality.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Dior Homme parfum is very strong. Excellent longevity, Monster sillage and a very nice smell to boot too!

However, for me this is not the best Dior Homme! Sorry to rain over your parade but it just isn't the best! Dior Homme parfum is a all about soapy and powdery iris on my skin balanced with leather. Not a bad fragrance at all but Dior Homme intense is by far better because it's darker, edgier and bolder!

Dior Homme parfum is formal! Perfect for a classy late night event. It's just not my personal style and taste. But a very good release as usual from Dior and another massive hit among the Dior Homme line!
8/10!

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

intensified version of dh intense!
a woodier, smokier dh intense, with added
exceptional leather note.

well done dior on this one!
truly, a magnificent frag.

Bretto66
Bretto66

as far as Dior Homme goes. This is KING

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Sweet smokey leather iris, this is what dior homme parfum is all about. A very nice scent that complet the dior homme Line, as different from the other than DHI is to DH and DH is from l eau. The concentration must be lot higher than DHI for sure, you get strong note of leather and iris, more floral IMO than the two other version, which make it more unisex, almost féminine (i know that most people will disagree with me here, but this is what i get. Having leather in a frag doesn t make it more manly...). The dry down is not as gourmand as DHI. This scent is more linear IMO, i almost get the same scent from the moment you put it on to the end of the dry down. Projection is a little more than average, not as strong as DHI, but stronger than DH. Longevity is one of the greatest i ever see, more than 16 hours on skin, i would say forever on clothes. This scent as similarity with dior leather oud dry down, mayble the same leather and sandal wood are used? Overall, it is a great classy scent that is perfect to be wear with a 3 pièces suit for special event or night out by cold day. It wont let you down, this scent is sure to follow u all night long. All right, so let s see what we get:

Scent: 9/10, more unisex than DHI and DH, but a very nice smokey leather iris scent.
Longevity: 5/5, more than 16 hours on skin. Many days on clothes.
Projection: 4/5, somewhere between DHI and DH. Very constant projection, wont fade away before many hours.
Versatility: 3/5, special occasion, night time, cold time. I would avoid any summer or hot time use, concentration level is sure to make it cloying.
Overall: 21/25, a good addition to dior homme line. Something that i will try to have soon.

joov84
joov84

leathery, powdery, woody oriental fragrance

Dior homme parfum is a deep and complex fragrance. it has more leather and woods; and less vanilla than dior homme intense. there is also an oriental (oudy) and smoky element in this. it is still very powdery due to the iris yet less sweet than dior homme intense.
it is my favorite from the dior homme line and one of the best designer fragrances out there.it has excellent projection and longevity.

Rating 9/10

MrDior
MrDior

I like it, but not nearly as much as Dior Homme Intense.

Martin__
Martin__

To be honest, I disagree with most reviews written here.

Dior Homme Parfum is "the oddest one" from the whole Dior Homme family and in the same time the most powerful and mature in terms of smell.

Yes, leather is very strong here and it's an undeniable fact. But this fragrance is not about leather. At least not for me.

It's quite hard for me to describe it "just like that". I've read somewhere that someone called iris in Parfum as "burnt iris". I agree with that. I bet oud must be here because it gives me that smoky-woody feel that I remember from many fragrances containing oud. Oud and leather hit me in the face almost straight after application. They mix with iris. Iris here is very dry, straight opposite to DHI or DH, where iris is almost greasy to me.

Longevity is comparable to DHI, but it barely projects. That's why I thought at first it might be more concentrated than just EDP. Now I'm not sure about that.

Very good release. Was it necessary? Well, to be honest - to me not so much because I love that iris greasiness from it's predecessors that is gone here. I can surely say I didn't fall in love with it. I simply like it.

Well, this is a great unisex-scent. The leathernote is dominant, warm, soft and skinclose. Topnote gives a strange wiff of old cigarette-smoke but after 30 minutes its a wonderful scent. Great to mix with bright flowerparfums.

Tja, detta är en uni-sex-doft. Lädernoten är dominant, varm, mjuk och hudnära. Toppnoten ger en konstig cigarett-röks känsla men efter 30 minuter så är den borta och det blir en ljuvlig läderdoft. Perfekt att mixa med ljusa blommiga parfymer.

marycon
marycon

Way too strong. Not a bad fragrance but personally i cant stand it. Love Dior Homme intense though.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I found this at the JFK Airport Duty Free in JetBlue Terminal 5.

At first blast I get a brown spicy generic mall fragrance. Something you would smell wafting from a GQ magazine insert or from somene handing out random strips at a mall.

Eventually it settles down to a coco scented talcum powder where it stayed for the remainder of the time. The drydown lasts a long time but the scent is unbearable/cloying.

This version IMO has nothing on the orginal. I get no leather iris or oud. Call me crazy but I just dont smell it. I love leathers and have owned several. I have tried the orignial DH when it first came out and thought it was decent.

IMO this is for the teenage One Million/Amen crowd. As a middle aged man I would be very uncomfortable wearing this.

I waited months for this to come out and I am extremely disappointed.

Lets get real people....a Pure Parfum for $96 doesn't exist. This is witches brew.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

Very good in the MID notes, I like it 40 minutes after applying for about an hour.
However the top notes are too strong and after the mid it just falls apart into nothing resembling it's earlier parts. The mid however is the perfect amount of creamy iris, a little leather and sandalwood.
As always sample before.
Maybe the inevitable Dior Intense Parfum flanker will have it all together.

Gault
Gault

Imagine the original with more iris, stronger opening notes, with a little bit smokey leather and a very sweet cough syrup top to bottom. From time to time a little bit of fecal oud smell attacks my nose.

Dior Homme had a simple but elegant manly base twisted by the nice waxy powder scent which was borderline feminine. I always found it a good fragrance but it took me a few years to really appreciate that composition on myself.
The beauty in it was always this subtle and laid-back feeling. DHI nicely complemented that with some loudness.

This release in my opinion destroys that elegant image and makes it a travesty.
This is the first Dior release in really long time what I cannot understand.
Too damn strong, ridiculously loud, it tries to be too pompous. It just doesn't work with these kind of components in my opinion, and I just cant see any situation where this one beats DH or DHI.

Also I find it more feminine due to that sickly sweet syrup, the smokey leather cant help on that. It isn't the perfect interpretation of oud imho.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

I get a very heavy syrupy feel In The opening. I feel this stayed true with the DH iris feel. This one is just much deeper. And a soft yet nice leather note appears with an occasional oud note. Not a fan of oud? No worries. It's not a medicinal oud smell. I just occasionally notice it. To me, this is a very well done frag. Worth the hype in my opinion. If u own this, I don't think u need DHI. But DH and DHP will compliment each other.

amir68
amir68

I just happened to encounter DHP when I was at the Jumbucenter on Maspalomas last week. It has a DHI dna but it difinitely stands on its own. This is to me a toned down Irismakeup and a bit linear with more woods and incens in the background. Pleasant, creamy leather, way more deeper, intense and much wearable than DHI which I also like. decent longivity and projection on my skin. Excellent scent for fall/ winter-formell/ informell

sashamoss
sashamoss

Pour some "Oud Leather" and sandalwood into Dior Homme Intense, you get Dior Homme Parfum.

Perfect combination. I love it.

Belvedere

I am not a fan of DH or DHI because of the powdery sweet smell however the parfum tones that down with leather making it much deeper and richer. Incredible performance literally all day it will project. This is expensive but does smell like liquid money and the bottle is classic Dior

kl99
kl99

A spellbound for senses.

In typical style Dior and like the original Dior Homme and Farenheit: rich, enveloping, sensual, sharp, dandy, mystic-divine, and: "pour homme?". Really? At least unisex..
I'm the first who says that a perfume has no gender, but I believe Dior was really a precursor of the deep feminine side into perfumes for men. Eau Sauvage was the personal fragrance of many woman in the 70s. Fahrenheit is flowery and light sweet so different for a fragrance for man but actually that masterpiece is another kind of perfume so nonpareil that seems to come from another planet than we can not classify it. Well, all that to say that even if times are luckily changed in fragrance for genders, this composition is really beyond the unisex conception. And goes to a female territory for western people. But surely that is the future. Reminds me Feminité du Bois. A spicy version of it. Surely more complex of those three mentioned notes. passed the first minutes, where you find the usual DH start, this Parfum turns in a honey violet variant. very dandy. 800s style. After that phase become something purple. Really I associate at that color. That is why I say that is similar to Feminité du Bois. it seems to have also an orange-neroli side like Purple Fantasy. Or following that color and the FdB notes :Plum is inside?
Anyway is a really great fragrance. Gorgeous.
A strong presence for both sexs. A step to the future.

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

At first, it's a dead ringer for DHI, but more dense and powdery. Then as it develops, the floral comes next, and then the woody smokiness, leather, and spice. The iris make a comeback after you've experienced the darker notes, reminiscent of the common notes between Dior Homme EDT, Dior Homme Intense EDP, and now the Parfum. I almost get a chocolate note from the creaminess.

First spritz, I'm not completely floored, but maybe that's because I'm not huge on that powdery accord. You've got to have darker, more interesting notes to keep my interest. And that's what develops. I get what I hoped for in Parfum form with the leather and wood. I never quite get the animalic note that some have described, but maybe I've been desensitized to it with Dior's Leather Oud and LM Parfum's Hard Leather. It's probably there, but not super prominent to me. I like DHP a lot though I'm still waffling on whether it's full bottle worthy. We'll have to wait and see how desperate I am once my decant runs out.

Edit: In the final dry-down, it's gets less plush and dryer, and the woodiness and leather are really pronounced. Oh, and that elusive animalic note? I believe I found it. Full bottle, easily!

benchaabanebechir
benchaabanebechir

very strong and sweet i prefer DHI , my gf said it is delicious , i think it is more for old man

LadyKiller

Is this a joke lol.This already hypin like crazy and It is not even as good as the other 2.Leather note in this is not hold that much quality if you ask me there are far better leather based fragrances.Dior's Iris is simply superior but in this fragrance it is less pronounced so the fragrance come across more bitter , more dry and does not have that make-up bag vibe.If you are a masculine lover this is for you but for quality does not even hold a candy against DH or DHI

Vsp1664
Vsp1664

Riffjim4069 beat me to my overall opinion on this one. This is what dior homme should have been. Maybe even this is what DHI should have been. This is definitely a mans fragrance. Has a mild iris note at the top but the leather note is prominent and awesome.

This is not like tuscan leather with an animalic leather, no this is refined luxurious leather with iris in the background. It just works awesome for me. Awesome release from dior and contrary to what the masses may say, this is clearly a different frag that warrants it's own purchase.

IlGurudelProfumo
IlGurudelProfumo

After testing this fragrance many times, yesterday I decided To bought this new Dior Homme version. At The first moment I got leather Well blended with iris, it's like a bomb that overwhelm You, But in a second time i got The cocoa note blended with The woody note, it becomes softer And more plesant. At The end I softly got an amazing rose( oh my god it's awsome).In The first two hours The sillage was enormous, After that it shades But it's still noticeable. The longevity Is awsome (12-16h). This Is a mature version of his brothers (homme classic And intense) much stronger And deaper it's more manly, it has lost his unisex vibe..... Well done Mr. Dior

LadyKiller

This boy cannot compete with his brothers.But It is good stuff It's more manly but really Leather note dominates it more than Iris and that ruins it to me.
NOT MY TASTE
Scent : 7/10 As I told you It is good but never great
Projection Longevity Sillage : 9/10 DHI Level
Overall : 7/10 If you have both DH and Intense version you dont need it but If you only own DHI you can pick between Dior Homme and Parfum version but obviously this fragrance will never compete with the quality of DH(The god of designer frags)

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

This has to be the purest leather fragrance in the current mainstream perfumery scene. Starts bold and smoky and you almost feel it scratching the back of your throat. As it becomes quieter it leaves some room for a smooth iris-sandal combo to appear. The iris and the overall feel is much less powdery than the original. There is definitely an amber note hiding in there but the overall effect is surprisingly unsweet and far from any oriental fantasy. After the blast of leather subsides the evolution is linear. There are no unexpected twists and turns, no layers, no spicy or floral ornaments. Pretty simple and yes, pretty pleasurable too. So why did it take someone so long to come up with it?

Even if such moves hide the intent of big companies to attract clients from the niche crowd, I have no choice but to admit I like it.

On the downside is the niche price and the somewhat unfinished feel. Also, I didn't find great differences in projection and longevity compared to the original EdT (but they were great anyway)

smora
smora

Uber strengthened Dior Homme Intense. Amped up sweet, powdery iris paired with raw leathery night accord. Masculinity on a higher level. Tough guy dressed in most expensive dark suit.
Perfume with great sillage and unbelievable longevity. Best designer perfume at this moment, but this is niche by both quality and price.

Rating: niche *****

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

Just got this the a little bit ago. I do sense some Oud in this with a very vibrant but classy leather. I absolutely adore this fragrance. Still the same powdery iris vibe of the dior homme line up but as I said more leathery. I can also get some floral and woods in here too. Definitely more notes than what is stated but a true masterpiece. This just moved up in my collection past Aventus. Yes I did say Aventus.

Endymion

This is strong and intense, but NOT sophisticated in any way! Plain and simple.
It's just a like, but definately not love.
I expected much, much more! :(

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

To me there's not a huge difference between this one and DHI. They both have that thing going that's reminiscent of make-up scents. The leather in DHP is not too obvious imo, also not the most prominent note on me. To me the iris is the star of the show in this version as well as in DHI.
They both dry down to what smells chocolaty to me, only DHI reaches that stage faster than the parfum version.
If you love DHI, you will probably also love DHP. Both being perfectly unisex imo.
Both have amazing longevity and good projection.
I do believe however that when you already own one of these two, you won't need to other. Therefor they're too similar.
♥♥♥♥♥

trippy
trippy

evenescent in duration and projection/sillage..not and edp at all.
Opens with iris then descents in feeble cocoa/leather in an hour is just a skin scen.
Disappointing all the way!

gd15329
gd15329

Tried this today at SEPHORA GREECE
In my opinion this is 40% Dior Homme - 40% sweet Leather - 20% Dior Homme Intense (Iris)
VERY VERY GOOD

I don't know if I want or if I will purchase this, considering I already have DH & DHI. But if you have none of Dior in any case get this one. It's more "manly"... if you like that like I do, BUT on the other hand DHI is more sexy and more acknowledgeable - so choose wisely (or get all 3 of them, haha, ...well done Dior, again!)

Update: It's not as strong as DHI, after 2hours becomes a skin scent

andy84
andy84

For those who don't like too much iris in DH and DHI. The dominant note here is leather. Iris is well blended with sandal wood here so it's not too powdery in the drydown. DH and DHI weren't my cup of tea but this version I would purchase.

tomerits
tomerits

i really love DHP .
i love the way the leather and iris are blending together , i love the amazing scent cloud that surround's me and i love the longeyity & projection of it.
i own DH,DHI & DHP and they all worth owning.
once again DIOR and master demachy made it , what a great fragrance house.
well done.
my rank 5/5.

ps - i feel the same way on the new Fahrenheit Le Parfum .

Marciu

@jeremy fragrance - what do you keep saying in your first impression "review" "Dior Homme Eau de Parfum"? That's not the name of it.

jeremy fragrance
jeremy fragrance

Just captured my First Impression on Camera, check out "Jeremy Fragrance" Youtube Channel.
If you ask me honestly? STICK TO DIOR INTENSE, makes me appreciate Dior Intense appreciate back again, its almost mouth watering in comparison to this Dior Homme Parfum Version

gzalvares
gzalvares

For those who think the aspect of "makeup" of Intense too steep, here is his more mature brother. The iris is here suppressed by aged, sharp and strong leather, easy to be identified. Cocoa gave way to sweet sandalwood, losing part of gourmand feature. It's darker and introverted than the Intense and even more elegant.

@not.one.truth.

Those notes make sense...though the orange on the top I am not getting. Must be something wrong with my nose...

not.one.truth.
not.one.truth.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but some of you might be interested in the "notes" according to Dior's distribution in Germany:

Top: Orange
Heart: Iris, Rose
Base: Cedarwood, Leather, Oud-Accord, Ambrette seeds

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

Tried it my local Sephora recently. The opening is very reminiscent of DHI. Leather-oud combo joins in moments later and stays in the background but doesn't stay for very long. When it reaches the dry down stage, I get mostly just smokey vanilla, which reminds of me MoAT by Imaginary Authors. All in all, it's a nice scent but if you already own DHI, it may be redundant to add this to your collection.

josevancouver

Wore Dior Homme Parfum again...trying to figure out when/where I would wear this based on the fact I already own DH and DHI. This is a beautiful scent. It is darker and richer than DH but not as sweet or as feminine as DHI.

So when would I wear it? Daytime/nightime when I want a richer, deeper scent....richer than DH but not as loud as DHI. This is good stuff....

Edit: I have DH on one hand and DHP on the other. Both smell terrific. DHP has that deeper, parfum vibe. This really is a more intense version of DH that has the DH dna but not as sweet as DHI

ScentedPianist
ScentedPianist

I was quite excited when I heard about this version, as Dior Homme (especially he original version) and the Intense version (either original or current version) are two of my favorite perfumes regarding men marketed designer fragrances. In fact, Dior Homme Intense may very possibly be my favorite "men marketed" perfume. So you must understand my excitement about this release, as it's the Parfum version of a line I simply adore (I'm excluding the Sport and the Cologne 2013, although I also really like them.)

I've already tested this one earlier on paper, but today I've tested it on my skin.

It starts with an extremely powerful, dark, dense, thick burst of smoky powdery iris, leather and some vanilla. As it dries down, the leather gets more and more evident and dominates the whole scent, making it incredibly seductive and manly. It's not as sweet as the other two. The drydown is woody and smoky, derivated from the noticeable slightly creamy sandalwood note. It's absolutely mindblowing.

The longevity is huge and the sillage fantastic as well.

It's a great perfume from the house of Dior, for sure one of the best in the designer range, as the whole line.

However, I still prefer Intense as the Parfum version clearly lacks that soft velvety side that defines DH and DHI, which makes them inviting, milky, cozy and almost androgynus. Parfum is quite "manlier" and that can be for sure a quality if you're looking for that particular characteristic. But, as you know, we all like our perfumes to adapt our personalities, and I just find Intense to define me better, as it's more "approachable". Still, I'm looking forward to buy this one, as it's an amazing dark powdery leather.

jonathan.koonincks
jonathan.koonincks

As a big fan of the homme line and dior perfumes,they surprised me once again it smells lovely very dark and mature

Danziger
Danziger

The best of the whole series Homme. Rough, leather, dry and dusty. The seriousness and dignity. Iris in the embrace of darkness. A true warrior who takes no prisoners.
It's almost a niche fragrance.

deda147
deda147

Finally, a Dior Homme variation I could possibly wear! Both the EdP and the EdT turn sickly sweet on me sadly enough. I haven't tested this one on my skin yet, but it seemed really promising on the blotter. It's overall vibe is drier, less sweet than the other DH's. I personally think it doesn't resemble DHI that much: the latter is much more sweet/cacao/vanilla to my nose. Might get myself a FB sometime!

Edit: I already thought this scent was similair to another fragrance.... and it IMO greatly resembles Fahrenheit le Parfum, except DHP is much less sweet and powdery/dry.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

I tested DHP today and it is very different to the original incarnations (DH/DHI) although there is some of the original's DNA present. The opening was interesting, I could feel a cloud of leather, rose and incense floating around the iris/cocoa notes of the original, but what I really felt the most was a more musky vibe, taking it into more masculine territory with the Iris more dry and the cocoa more smoky. Interesting! The mid range saw the rose become more fruity, sweet and berry like, combined with the leather/incense it was all together a more Oriental affair. The basenotes persisted for a long time on my skin and sadly the fragrance quickly morphed into a linear play dough/marshmallow/synthetic Oud scent that didn't come off well on my skin at all, in fact I ended up having to wash it off as it was making me feel nauseous. I did have high expectations, but I will have to pass. This is no doubt a high quality product from Demachy and it will appeal to many, especially in the Middle Eastern market.

gcmendez
gcmendez

Iris quickly faded. The leather is in your face leather. Settled down close to skin. Original EDT formulation is better.

Guapo
Guapo

Very strong, very bold, slightly sweet. Something other than DH and DHI. I still prefer the DHI.

O2
O2

إصدار مركز وكاتم من عطر ديوم اوم انتنس يمتاز بثبات عالي
يـدوم علـى الجلـد أكثـر مـن ١٢ ساعـة وعلـى الملابـس القطنية
أيام عديدة لكن الفوحان متوسط ..

نسخة ديور اوم انتنس أكثر ديناميكية وحيوية وأفضل من حيث
الفوحان .

التقييم :
الرائحة ٨/١٠
الثبات ١٠/١٠
الفوحان ٧/١٠

smoj

managed to try this on paper, and while i love DHI the DHP make me sneeze which is rare, really not nice IMO. dark, leathery and nothing on DH or DHI but saying that there is some positives it is very classy, the bottle is made well and a thing of quality, still has that awesome iris note.

would be a nice wintery frag to wear for the older man. although not for me.

sil.sirbu
sil.sirbu

I've tried it at Sephora on paper strip and it did not appeal to me. The dry-down is very smoky, dark IMO. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to blind buy it. Test it first. I like better DH and DHI. My favorite from Dior Homme line remains DHS2012 so far. Different strokes for different folks, of course.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

In my opinion, it's too similar to DHI to have them both, only the performance is better. I prefer Fahrenheit's parfum version.

fhr

Having the DH and DHI as well i need to say that this DHP is something great and having the best parts of those without retaining in basenote the DHI iris vibe. Instead it uses at the bottom something really nice residue-reminds me to Eau Sauvage Parfume basenote-which remains for a quite long time.All in all it is advised to grab, i will do that soon. Dior, bravo for this Parfum!

Mak90

This is quite sweet, at first I didn't think it was. It's deceptively sweet. I have all the dior homme's and have compared them all. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being very sweet, I'd say DHI is a 8, DH is a 6 and DHP is a 7. It's a very deep scent at the same time, very mysterious. Very good release with luxury quality! Smells like it should be in the private line of dior fragrances. Worthy of the dior homme line.

biscoff
biscoff

Today I tested Dior Homme Parfum and Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum.
Both are exquisite, very well crafted perfumes. Thank you Mr. Demachy!!!

Dior Homme Parfum is blended to perfection. It resembles Dior Homme Intense thanks to this specific cacao note - although not listed in the notes pyramid - it is there. And then there is a very masculine leather note, one of the finest I've experienced so far. The iris note is slightly different than the previous Dior Homme flankers - it is not the lipsticky type, but is is more serious and here it plays more supportive role than being on the top. I've noticed in the pyramid's description that it is described as Tuscan Iris - well I don't know, but it is different for sure, it is much more masculine. Unlike DH and DHI this fragrance is not suitable for women, at least in my opinion - it is definitely very masculine. And finally there is the sandalwood, somehow smoky one, a very nice one.

This is going into my collection immediately!!!
Projection, sillage and longevity are bombastic without being cloying or offensive - just right.

5/5 from me.

gabripe
gabripe

Perfect version, iris in perfect equilibrium. love this parfum.

josevancouver

As the weather gets cooler, I'm trying to figure out when I am going to wear this.

My fall options will include Dior Homme, as well as DHI, Dior Bois D'argent, Armani Saffron Imperiale, playful scents like 24 Gold or Mugler Pure Havane or Pure Malt....nightime scents like Dsquared Potion Royal Black, Dior Ambre Nuit. One other underrated fragrance is Maison M's Replica Jazz Club which I am also looking forward to wearing.

All of the above have a 'sweet' element to them. This one doesn't. It's a nice fragrance...darker...not so sweet and has some of the Dior Homme DNA I love, but trying to figure out when to wear it could be challenging. I would reach for DHI (original or reformulated) before I reached for this, just because DHI is smoother and has that hint of sweetness that this doesn't.

I like this....but unlike Dior Homme Eau (which is unoriginal but has a place for me in Spring/Summer), I am still trying to figure out when I use this one.

This is hard. I'm not much of a fan of Dior Homme even if I think it has been an incredibly relevant piece of modern perfumery both because of its unquestionable commercial success and because it has represented a sort of gateway for men interested in iris-fragrances (too often and too stupidly relegated only to women-territories) Now, Dior Homme Intense was, paradoxically, *slightly* more to my tastes as it pushed the affected *powderyness* of the original and the overall creamy vibe towards territories in which it almost crossed the border of kitsch while still maintaining things somewhat interesting. To me, it was more a sort of Dior Homme 2.0 than actually a flanker. In the end, it felt almost like an improvement on the original.

In this context, Dior Homme Parfum is probably my favorite amongst the whole Dior Homme saga. It's still creamy and powdery and with the sweetness perfectly in balance. Smoky / leathery notes duet with cocoa while the base have been driven towards more oriental territories by the introduction of a subtle yet remarkable synth-oudy note. It feels overall more rounded, some the the edges of the original have been smothered down while the composition still strikes as, somewhat, generically woody / musky but not overly so.

In the end, I'm still not enough of a fan to love it but, in my book, this is head and shoulders above the average quality available amongst similarly targeted fragrances. Now please, keep this away from reformulations or we will be doomed to another fifteen years of exhausting threads on fragrance forums all around the internet.

Marciu

Accidentally my opened DHP sample fell on the piece of paper it was standing at. So I took a different piece of paper and sprayed some DHI (2012)on it.

While DHI is soft and creamy, the Parfum is more rough and much darker.

DHI is a simpler fragrance IMO, much more linear. In Parfum there's much more going on. The main players are definitely iris and leather with that smoky oud in the background. On my skin there was no rose, but on that piece of paper I can definitely smell some florals so I can confirm it's there. And I feel like iris is much thicker in Parfum as well - it's almost an iris absolute.

Mr. Beaux
Mr. Beaux

Dior/LVMH is cheating the customers.

"Dior Homme Parfum" is NOT AN EXTRAIT concentration and it has nothing to do with the classic "Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense".

The iris is barely noticeable and the perfume is a bizarre, acrid, and suffocating oriental oud-powder-vanilla accord. Quite similar to "Fahrenheit Parfum".

Terrible.

Deefit
Deefit

First off, I felt very privileged to be among the first people in the world to get their hands on this fragrance when I received my bottle several weeks ago. So, after testing this a few times I feel like I am finally ready to put my opinion of this into words for others to read.

But for review purposes, let me spray this on again. I sprayed a little on my wrist, from about 10 inches away. This way it doesn't get all concentrated in one spot on my skin. Which is what I experienced the first time I sprayed this on. That was, intense, let me tell you, hehe.

My very first impression was that this is dense. It is thick. Especially with its Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense brothers in mind, this is like an extremely dense version of those. It feels more luxurious even. It has an ambery feel to it, which smells very natural. This smells like a perfume, not like 'fragrance', if this makes any sense at all?

The leather is a lot more prominent in this, compared to its brothers. Somebody mentioned that a Dior rep told them there was rose in this? If there is, I do not pick it up. But rose does have a tendency to mix well with leather and has been used in that accord more often.

This needs about 30 minutes to settle in, to become warm and more accessable. This will not be for everybody. The first few times I wore this, I wasn't sure that I liked it at all. I tried Dior Homme Intense yesterday and finally I could see the resemblance to that. It's in the iris note, of course, but Dior Homme Parfum lacks the sweetness of the cacao. This is a good thing though, because it gives Dior Homme Parfum enough of its own character to be an individual perfume on its own instead of being a 'flanker'. There is a slight sweetness still, but it feels more dry than in Dior Homme Intense.

I can't say a lot about sillage, just that it forms a nice cloud around you. Although I think this does not project loudly or far, I feel that the scent itself is carried nicely around you and people will notice your perfume. When it comes to longevity, this performed well over 12 hours on my skin. And since I have somewhat dry skin, this is saying something.

So in conclusion, my findings so far. I wasn't sure what to think when I first got this, but I have to say that it is growing on me. And I definitely need to give a fair chance on a colder day. But for the moment, I'm glad to have this in my wardrobe.

Henrythe9th

Update: I have been wearing Dior Homme parfum for work a couple of times (Got some samples). My female colleagues obviously liked the Intense version better. No compliments or really positive reactions, some were curious and asked what I was wearing though. One male friend said: ”It´s just to much, to strong.” Philistines ;)

You could of course argue that this is not the kind of scent that You bring to work and You are probably right, but anyway I am a bit disappointed. I expected more positive reactions. Hmmm. But now I get it more clearly. I get the iris better and some woody tone and it is of course not as sweet as the Intense version. The resemblence is still there though in the dry down, I stick to that. And still a leather/smokey bold one, the Parfum. This is really a mans scent. Distinctively masculine. I just can't imagine a woman smelling like this.

The quality shines through, no doubt about that. Excellent sillage and longevity. But I guess I have not yet found when or how to wear it, or am I just not one of those to wear it? Sigh. I sort of envy those who are. Still an 8/10.

PS I agree with Hedward. The Parfum just made me understand and love the Intense version even more. So I guess I have learned something here. And do try the Parfum! It might be for You. Then You will not pass unnoticed.

hedward
hedward

- Mournful iris -

Tried this a few times. To me this is the older, dark and gloomy brother of Dior Homme. It's thick and leathery to the core with no bright aromas whatsoever. Kind of the same problem as with Fahrenheit parfum (just gloomy leather with rum, hardly any violet nor chamomille). For me it's too mature but it did make me appreciate the beauty of DHI even more which got it going for me. An absolutely fantastic heavy glass bottle!

Marciu

I've finally tried it today! This one I find very smoky, much different than Homme and Homme Intense.

I feel almost an iris absolute at the forefront. It's mixed with the oud (I guess, as it gives me that woody-smoky touch) and leather. It's very dark and reveals its nature slowly. I also feel like that amber-vanilla(cocoa)-liqeur sweetness from the Intense is gone. This is the least sweet fragrance in the Homme line.

Longevity is superb - on my skin 12+ hours - it's even better than result that I had with Intense. No wonder - I think it's a pure parfum - it's very oily. Sillage is rather moderate.

Ps price range is crazy - at Sephora you can buy it for about 110 € (133$)

Ivano
Ivano

I tried this today and I have to say that this is the darkest fragrance I've ever smelled. I mean, Dior Homme Intense is mild compared to this one.

Except for the opening there's almost no sweetness whatsoever. This is dark, black, smokey, spicy leather all the way. It smells like the ashes of burnt wood, almost sinister. It's not my style at all, I feel it's more a smell rather than a perfume that is supposed to smell nice on someone.

Of course, I like to pin point the good things as well: projection, longevity, uniqueness and packaging are astonishing. It's really masculine, there's no ambiguity here and in my opinion the major resemblance with other Dior Homme fragrances is found in the opening so be careful with judging this too early.

saransh
saransh

well for starters dior homme parfum =95€(124dollars) for 75 mil

and DHI costs 95€ too but for the 150 mil bottle

why am i comparing the sizes? Well the juices are the freaking same (90% the same) You'd practically get the same vibe from dior homme parfum if you spray double the amount of dior homme intense(exaggerating). Anywho the ten percent change i see are in the top and base notes , the iris is toned down in the top and the base smells weird . The bottle looks better but its kind of a rip-off when you know that dhi is already so potent and is practically the same.

whats next ? Dior homme parfum intence eau concentree parfum ?

conclusion : if i have dhi i wont buy the it, if i have neither i would try DhI first and if i dont like dhi but like this one then I'd buy this .

scent :8/10

longevity : 8.5/10

bottle presentation : 9/10

originality: lol

imanpower
imanpower

stronger than intense plus more leathery... nothing more..

Marciu

By the way. "Congratulations" to those who compare Dior Homme Parfum to Dior Homme "Voyage".

Dior Homme "Voyage" is not a fragrance itself - it's just a 40 ml (1,3 fl oz) package of Dior Homme!!! You can call it Dior Homme travel bottle or whatever you like but it's not a different fragrance!

Marciu

@blueberry, I took them straight from basenotes.net

Why do you think those aren't legit? They are surely more accurate than those listed here. Iris, sandalwood, leather... Phew.

pjd1234
pjd1234

nice review valfar. I want to try this one myself but I will not buy a bottle if the comparison between dhi and parfum is not that distinct or far apart. The same experience I have with dior home eau I was looking forward to that but was rather disappointed. I hope we get this in the USA soon.

josevancouver

Picked this up last week while in Paris at the Sephora near my hotel. Also saw this available at the duty-free shop at the airport.

My thoughts? I like it, but I don't love it the way I love Dior Homme EDT (my signature scent) or the way I seriously like (but don't love) DHI. This is a more serious and grown-up scent. It is less sweet than DHI or DH. The leather in this fragrance and the lack of vanilla/cacao gives this less of a 'playful' vibe that DH or especially DHI have. I'm glad I picked up a bottle, and this is something I could wear in a meeting (unlike DHI).

Valfar
Valfar

Alright! Found this one available in my local Sephora. I actually belived, based on the few review here, that this one will be a lot different from Dior Homme Intense. So, this version now has the iris from DHI toned down a little, making that lipstick/makeup note almost absent and replaced with a very masculine leather note, so, if you dislike DHI because it has a little feminine vibe, you might wanna give this one a try.

The fragrance itself it's a darker version of DHI, dense and mature.
Performance it's very impressive. Projection it's not really "in your face" sharp but it's a dense projection , arm lenght, and still projects the same after at least 5-6 hours. Powerful stuff, i have to admit that.

BUT, let's face it. This is at least 85% similar with DHI. I wasn't that impressed. It's like DHI went to the gym a few months and packed some muscles (yeah, weird comparation maybe). Don't get me wrong, i love it, because i also love DHI. But the difference between these 2 it's really not a major one and not enough to own both. So if you already have (and love) DHI, i don't see the purpose of buying this one.

I described it thusly:

DH is for the office, DHI is the for the club, DHP is for the yacht.

It smells refined, expensive and classy. The iris note is rounder, fuller and more dense than any of its previous incarnations with a citrus sprinkle thrown on top that gives it an almost powdery vibe thanks to the rose. Its the oud and leather in the base however that add the heft and presence and move this far from the old ladies purse and closer to the billfold.

I think a lot of people are going to be very happy once this fragrance comes out as it seems like the ideal composition that remains faithful to the old DNA but creates something that is absolutely sublime and very addictive.

My prediction is that a lot of people are going to buy it and then immediately buy a backup bottle as I can't see this formulation ever being bettered, it's perfect as it is. 10/10.

Mikeyb50
Mikeyb50

Dior Homme = Batman Begins
Dior Homme Intense = The Dark Knight
Dior Homme Parfum = The Dark Knight Rises

I'm wearing Dior Homme Parfum now for approx 3 hrs, its thicker and denser than intense, I get woody smokey vibe in the dry down not as sweet as intense. This is good juice loving Diors slant into pure parfum for men
Eau Savage Parfum, Fahrenheit Parfum and now this

Henrythe9th

As written before, the reviews of SimplyOliver and Ajay83 both excellently describes the scent.

To me the opening is much darker than expected. It´s really cool. Leather/smoky, strong and... bold. And most certainly not for teenagers, guys in T-shirts and worn down jeans or slobby men.

Dior Homme Parfum do not picture a shy or unsure person. You can´t hide wearing this. But cool as the scent is and impressed as I initially was, the question is: When am I going to wear this? Still no satisfying answer to that, sadly.

The dry down reminds of the Intense version, which is nice. But to be honest I don´t think the dry down differs enough to motivate a buy when Dior Homme Intense already is part of my small collection. And yes, to me it still is intense enough.

Dior Homme Parfume summarised: Excellent longevity, lasts easily the whole working day (+ 10 h) and good sillage for hours. Dark and powerful opening that might not be for everyone, beautiful dry down. Great quality, maybe a future classic. But quite expensive. A pass for now, can´t buy them all. 8/10.

Should You buy it? Well, that depends. -On who You are and what´s in Your collection already. I recommend trying before buying.

obaykal

In addition to my previous review; I was given couple of sample of Dior Homme Parfum and on the sample card it says;
"Woody leather
The noblest concentration of a woody iris with ardent trail. Tuscan iris - Sri Lanka sandalwood - leather accord."

obaykal

I have just bought the first bottle from Sephora from Nice store like an hour ago. As soon as i sprayed it on my skin, the iris note welcomes you, and then within the first 10 minutes, sandalwood and leather notes join as the iris disappear... I'm such a big fan of leathery perfumes and the leather note in this perfume is very soft and moderate not smokey and harsh. It is like luxurious brand new shoes or the smell of the interior of a top quality handbag.

I have been using Dior Homme for its first launch and i think this will be number one! I would ditch Dior Homme Intense for Dior Homme Parfum!

moniote
moniote

80% of this so called " new" fragrance comes from Hermès Rocabar ! The 20 % that remain IS the original fragrance !
Good longevity ...for 102 euros at Sephora it s the minimum to expect !

leotrimc
leotrimc

To much evolution/changes between the top notes and base notes. So much Oud on it, it's not my stuff. The Dior Homme collection are famous for their qualities and longevity, in this case the middle and base-notes are really important to write a review.

Top notes are similar to the first version of Dior Homme Intense, Dior Homme in general ("the lipstick" way of smell), but very short duration. Iris, etc..

Middle-notes, here we are with the leather note and balsamic note. The Leather note is very pleasent, well worked, it's a surprise. The balsamic notes make the connection with the base-notes.

The base-notes are definitively similar to Armani Prive Cuir Noir. Oud is too present. I can smell rose note, sandalwood and ambroxan.

A deception for me ! Should call it : "Dior Homme Middle East".

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Wow! This sounds absolutely amazing! It confused me at first because I did not know if this was just a Parfum concentration of Dior Homme or even Dior Homme Intense, or if it was something completely different.. Well come to find out it is a separate flanker.. It sounds like they did this one right, good job Dior! Signature Dior Homme DNA along with sandalwood, oud, and more leather.. It could not sound any better.. I can not wait to try this! Come to the USA Dior Homme Parfum!

Marciu

Ok, there you have the REAL notes breakdown:

Top notes: orange
Middle notes: iris(tuscan iris actually), rose
Base notes: cedar, leather, oud accord, ambrette (musc mallow).

These are legit!!

Madholm
Madholm

Glad they finally added this to the database; now if they would just get to work on making this available in the US Dior Boutiques, I'll be even happier.

Mak90

Spoke to christian dior the other day and the notes they gave me were as follows:
Dior homme perfum
Amber

Ajay83
Ajay83

Dior Homme Parfum (2014 Release) - Review
(Based on a few hours of wearing)

While it is not fair to review a fragrance after a single day (not even an entire day) I know a lot of you are eager to know more about this fragrance, Dior Homme Parfum, so here goes my attempt in giving you more information.

What is Dior Homme Parfum? Is it a niche version of Dior Homme Intense? No it is not. Well, is it simply a stronger version of Dior Homme? No, not that either. I would say that these are 3 different fragrances BUT they are all related and borrow characteristics from each other. I will refer to Dior Homme Parfum as DHP.

Dior Homme (EdT): More transparent (then DHI and DHP), bright iris and ”metrosexual” fragrance (as mentioned by many). Dior Homme Intense: Stronger, deeper fragrance with coco and iris (lipstick/makeup note).

Now, you’re asking yourself how on earth does DHP (Dior Homme Parfum) smell. I say that its very different from the two I just mentioned BUT it has characteristics from the two. If I were to bullet point this new fragrance:
• Leather
• Smokey
• Oud
• Iris
• Woods
• Slightly creamy and boozy
• Slightly powdery

It still maintains the DNA of Dior Homme/Intense but it definitely stands on its own and while some will say that its just a new design for the Dior Homme Intense bottle (or some other made up stuff) this is simply not true. If you’re expecting it to smell like Dior Homme/Intense and you’re not open minded for what it is, then you WILL be let down. But if you judge it for what it is, I think many will love this fragrance. As the hours has gone by I am liking it more and more but I think it will truly shine in the colder months, some fragrances just pop in the colder weather and my gut tells me this is one of those fragrances.

DHP only comes in 75 ml to begin with but still has 99.7% of the bottle size of 100 ml bottles so it will look great next to your current 100 ml bottles. Actually it looks MUCH better and luxurious then previous bottles.

Due to the richness and fullness of DHP I will say that it is more similar to Dior Homme Intense then Dior Homme … BUT it smells different. And boy does it smell sexy and luxurious and I find myself constantly sniffing my hand as I can not get enough. Just like I adore the coco/lipstick vibe in Dior Homme Intense I love the leather/smoke mixed with the sweetness in DHP.

Unlike Dior Homme Intense which is all about the iris, coco and lipstick note or as many would say, smells like a makeup bag, Dior Homme Parfum does NOT smell like that and thats good, because that would just be redundant.

If there is oud in this, it is the kind that does not smell skanky, but more sexy and slightly gourmandish (sort of like you find in Nasomatto Pardon). This does not smell anything close to Oumo - Valentino (mentioning that because I know people will ask about that). I can also see that, being what makes it smell a bit smokey (the oud) and I would say, that is one of the most interesting aspects of this fragrance as that is a major factor in making this fragrance inviting and somewhat sexual combined with the leather.

The leather in DHP is not rubbery, its more dry/smokey. Somewhere in the mix I get a slight booziness, creamy with a little bit of woods delivered in a hint of powdery iris with all that resulting in a smooth fragrance. If Dior Homme is Jude Law, then Dior Homme Parfum is Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), it still has class but it’s dark, mysterious and stronger, almost a bit animalic (in a sexual way) but it’s still reserved, like a man who knows when to make a move at the right time.

I’ve mentioned the word luxurious a few times and that’s the impression I get from this new fragrance, all the way from the bottle design to the scent itself - luxurious and refined. You could fool me that this is something taken from their ’La Collection Privée’ and it would not surprise me if they (at least a little) were inspired by Oud Ispahan.

I could see this being appealing to people that hate the makeup note/iris blast you find in the fragrances of Dior Homme (EdT) and Dior Homme Intense BUT also for people like me that absolutely adore it. The reason for this is because Dior Homme Parfum is it’s own fragrance. With the type of scent that DHP is, I think its very versatile, just like Dior Homme but unlike Dior Homme Intense.

While the fragrance gives a nice bubble around you, more noticeable then current and probably all previous Dior Homme, it’s not something that is going to gas people but be careful on the trigger because this does seem to pack a punch, at least the first few hours.

Now, I personally could not care less if something is designer or niche, you could fool me that this is a niche because the richness and the quality of composition - very well blended.

Dior has succeeded in taking what many love from the previous versions and create something new, something alluring. While I was expecting and hoping that it would be Dior Homme on crack (a stronger version), I am actually VERY happy they did not do that because that would have been redundant. Instead they created something beautiful and all that is left for me to do is to give Dior a standing ovation.

Score: ★★★★ (could very well turn into a 5 out of 5 later, but too early to give it top score).

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

_

Oh, here it is! The long-awaited Parfum derivative of Dior Homme is finally in the database! And I have to say 'wow'. This is certainly a stunning release from the Maison of Christian Dior.

I discovered the Parfum a week ago while wandering around in Boulevard Haussman's Lafayette, looking for l'Orpheline by Serge Lutens (check it out, it's great), when something on the Dior shelf caught my eye.. I was like: a new flanker? Nah, it can't be. I asked for further information and the saleswoman confirmed it to me: it was indeed an avant-première of the latest Dior Homme release. Such a great surprise... I looked up on Fragrantica: no trace of it. So I'll try to give you a quick recap of my first impressions after 2 days of wearing and testing:

DHP gives us a magistral opening with the famous signature tuscan iris. The DH identity is still very strong during the first minutes, with a gourmandish feel similar to DHI, but with more woods. That opus doesn't last long though: the Parfum rapidly morphs into a dark and opulent woody scent, with a heavy and rich sandalwood - oudwood(?) accord, sitting on a dry, smoky, upper class/niche style leather.

I can also detect a lot of incense, that, along with the smoky/powdery leather and the oudwood/sandalwood accord, gives the Parfum an oriental and a lightly medicinal vibe, which is very pleasant: noble without being too 'dirty'. Furthermore, the Dior saleswoman talked about a rose note in the parfum. I tried to make it out, with little success.

Compared to DHI (which is the first fragrance somebody is naturally going to compare the parfum with), the Parfum is dryer, with almost no vanilla, a toned down iris/makeup-ish note and an accentuated woody-leathery side. It also smells more oriental than gourmand, if it makes any sense. In any way, this is *not* a more potent version of DHI. This could almost be a whole new fragrance, or actually be part of the Collection Privée, really.

DHP has its own character and really makes a statement:

☞ woody (prominent sweet sandalwood - oudwood accord)
☞ leathery (dry, sour and smoky)
☞ oriental (incense, more incense, and medicinal oudwood)
☞ slightly animalic (musk, DH style ambrette)
☞ powdery (DH DNA with the tuscan iris)

Longevity is truly amazing: 20 hours on my skin with three sprays (two in the neck, one on the wrist), shower included. When it comes to sillage, it is surprisingly not that heavy, although it can easily fill a room during the first hour. I found the Parfum to be easier to wear and versatile than the EdP (DHI), and just like DH and DHI, DHP could without a doubt be a unisex scent.

I also got complimented a couple of times (yes, already). The bottle design is similar to DHI's bottle. It feels very heavy, with a darker design, and a huge black collar at the top of the glass part. The juice has an intensely ambery color: it leaves a very clear light brown stain on white clothes.

To conclude, it seems that Dior is striking again, with superior quality blending and ingredients, pushing the Dior Homme line to a whole new level. This parfum screams pure luxury and is absolutely worth all the hype. Even the niche competition will have a hard time beating such a high quality composition...
Could this be a sort of new, Dior-style M7 with iris?... I'm wondering.

The star of my next winter! ✓

Ps. with all due respect to Dior's ambassador, I don't think Robert Pattison advertises the Parfum very well... it is definitely not a "young and casual" scent. I rather see a gentleman in his 40s-50s in a tuxedo, enjoying a good whiskey and a cigar in a hotel jazz club at night wearing this (Bill Murray in Lost in Translation maybe?).

_