Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Dior Homme Sport 2012 Christian Dior for men
dislike

I have it: 638 I had it: 131 I want it: 404 My signature: 15

Dior Homme Sport 2012 Christian Dior for men Videos
Dior Homme Sport 2012 Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Sport 2012 Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Sport 2012 Christian Dior for men Pictures

Dior reformulates its masculine fragrance Dior Homme Sport from 2008 and launches the new Dior Homme Sport in early 2012. Perfumer Francois Demachy made the original composition more elegant with rich floral powdery notes of iris.

This powdery, woody and greenish sports scent begins with citrus accords of ginger and Sicilian citron. The refined perfume’s heart is constructed around Tuscany iris note, which gives the fragrance a bit of a vintage character. The base is woody and aromatic, including intensive notes of Virginian cedar wood.

The face of the campaign, captured at the French Riviera, is once again Jude Law. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Citron Ginger flower

iris

Green Notes Cedar

Dior Homme Sport

Dior Homme Sport 2012 Fragrance Reviews

Daughter
Daughter

Was testing this one and the Homme Cologne on paper to make my own opinion before suggesting something for my husband.

The Homme Cologne reminded me a lot of a female fragrance from Clean called Clean Ultimate, that I once owned myself, but that was quite far in the masculine end of the scale of what you can call female fragrances, I think, so it isn't negative. It isn't listed in Homme Cologne, but I get lavendar...?

I think Homme Sport reminds me a bit of Giorgio Armani's Aqua di Gio, which I am super tired of, because everybody wears it, but this one is delicious, and with more spice (the ginger), and also not so aquatic.

My verdict: Both of them are absolutely gorgeous, and I would love for my husband to have both of them if he agrees, so he can smell extra yummy, but first he needs to try them on his skin, because he's very picky and mostly doesn't wear too much scents.

MSL
MSL

1. *First* opinion.
2. Great aroma.
3. About the head notes. Very-very similar to Versace Pour Homme. But this is subtly sweeter. Less bitter than the original. Here there is much-much less ginger; only in the first few seconds you can feel it. This is more elegant and less versatile - more discreet. In my humble opinion this is a bit better than DHS-2008. Buuut - Allure Blanche (Chanel) is even better.
4. Heart notes. Similar to 'Dior Homme'; more critrus & less chocolaty.
5. Longevity is nice: 8h+.

ritsjoey
ritsjoey

I imagine a cruise in the Italian riviera... a coastal fishing trip... a summer retreat by the Mediterranean Sea...

Got Dior Homme Sport as a birthday present and was thrilled about it. This is one of those few sporty fragrances that make their parent fragrances proud. I had smelt the 2008 version and liked it, but it was a bit too lemony for me. The introduction of Iris in this version was a masterstroke. It keeps DHS aligned with DH. The ginger flower, however, is a little heavy handed IMHO.

It's still a fairly decent juice. And when they say this fragrance is 'sporty', I don't think they mean Cricket or Tennis... More like Golf or Bowling...

Overall: 4.2

5 Nose-gasm
4 Awsome sauce!
3 Good but not exciting enough
2 Meh!
1 Hell to the no!

Soul37
Soul37

Received a compliment today from a sexy bank teller with the 2012 DHS. "What are you wearing? You smell good. Really good." - Sexy Bank Teller. I thought she was going to give me some free money! Bank error in my favor. Thanks Dior.

Bundle
Bundle

@duzmantic

Sorry to hear that bro. My DHS batch is 4S02 (MAY, 2014).

Lasts quite a while, especially the opening (3 hours+). 8+ hours in I can easily detect it.

The smell is phenomenal. Not your typical summery citrus but more sophisticated yet playful. You get that citrus with a little bite, which I love. Superb.

duzmantic
duzmantic

I love the scent but the longevity is so so poor. I have the 3Z03 batch (December 2013), after 2 hours the scent is gone!

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

WAY too much ginger for my nose.
Quality juice and there are aspects of it I enjoy, but I really do not like the ginger accord, it overlays everything else imparting this acrid pencil shavings vibe.

Fantastic longevity and silage though.
Worth checking this one out, hope you like it more than I did.

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

All I can say is that I can definitely smell the difference from this and the 2008 edition. I settled for this because I couldn't get the vintage juice at the time but now having them both, the performance of this is no match for the vintage Dior Sport.

First off the citrus and ginger combo is not as authentic and juicy as the 2008 version, it's powdered by the Iris note.

Secondly the side by side comparison proved to me that this version does not last on my skin as well as the 2008 version.

Finally, this is based off of my personal taste. I can understand why someone would go for the 2012 over the vintage because of the toned down lemon, iris note in the 2012 version makes it more sophisticated and more complex. The cedar drydown makes for a more woody scent, less citrusy as for a typical sport fragrance.

The verdict, the Vintage Dior Homme Sport is the authentic lemon fresh scent, the 2012 edition (this one) is a more powdery, woody, citrus Dior Homme Sport.

ahbtop
ahbtop

I like it so much , i bought it once and i will buy it again

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

This review is based on my own experience with Dior Homme Sport 2012. I haven't tried the 2008 version, so I cannot say which one is better. Skin chemistry, weather, temperature etc. plays a part on how a cologne projects or smells. So everybody will not be the same, this might smell great on other people, but not so much on you.

Dior Homme Sport 2012 starts off with a blast of lemon, ginger and iris. The iris is not too strong compared to Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense. Some people doesn't like that "strong" iris smell from DH and DHI, because it smells like "lipstick".
The iris on DHS is perfect, because it brings sweetness and balances the strong lemon and ginger smell. The first 30-45 mins is all about the lemon, ginger and iris, after 45 mins the lemon and ginger starts to mellow, but the iris scent remains.
The iris starts to become powdery and the cedar also comes out, I'm guessing it's because the lemon and ginger have mellowed down.
So, after 1 hour you'll have a very mellowed lemon and ginger, a powdery and sweet iris with the cedar in the background.
I have to take account that I live in Manila, Philippines. It is a tropical country where the weather is always hot and humid. It's also sad to say the pollution in Manila is one of the worst in the world.
The longevity was about 6 hours. This is a great summer cologne in my opinion.
My overall rating is 8.5/10
Btw, I have got a couple of compliment from my wife. That's better than nothing, because I have colognes that hasn't got a single compliment.

sil.sirbu
sil.sirbu

I just bought it after I tried it several times at Sephora stores. I have tested it not only on paper strip (I can observe more clearly the stages how it develops from beginning until dry-down) but also on my skin. I find it very rich and sophisticated for a SPORT fragrance, but that's always a good thing as in general I'm not a big fan of sport flankers. I find them boring. I think is the iris and ginger the ingredients who make this fragrance so special.
I have the 150ml bottle, or 5.oz. for those of you who use the imperial system. I didn't see this bottle in any stores, but I found it at an online store.

I am attempting to recall the original Dior Homme Sport, the fragrance that came long before this reformulation. All I remember was that I enjoyed its masculinity and found it very suitable for the warmer months. This more recent Dior Homme Sport 2012 must be quite similar to the original as it evokes the same feeling for me.

Dior Homme Sport 2012 opens with sharp, unsweetened lemon and spicy ginger. It's quite brutal in its approach, pleasant smelling on a man, but oddly harsh on a woman's skin. I'm fairly open minded when it comes to gender bending scents, but in regards to Dior Homme Sport 2012 I'll happily leave this one to the men folk.

A strong, almost damp cedar accord makes itself known throughout the heart of this composition, and remains rather dominant through to the drydown. For a sport's fragrance, Dior Homme Sport 2012 is rather intense. I would advise light sprays, especially if you do plan to wear it to the gym.

It's admittedly not my favourite men's fragrance, as it does in some ways remind me of Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani, (a scent I'm not particularly fond of). I'd much rather smell CK One, Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche or Bvlgari BLV on a man whilst at a gym. But then again, each one to their own.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

anna.dkr5

No, it is not similar to Bleu De Chanel at all;)

I am gonna purchase this one soon, i have DH Cologne 2013, but it is too lemony to wear all the time. So i am gonna give this Sport guy a chance lol. Will be my first Sport fragrance.

mastergrim8
mastergrim8

A very good citrus and ginger scent.
Perfect for the summer and it's hot weather.
This is a very invigorating scent and it really wakes you up to that strong citrusy ginger smell.

The longevity is around 5 hours. The projection is moderate.
I would strongly suggest this to anyone looking for a good summer scent that is a crowd pleasser.

jonasfransson
jonasfransson

This one is made for classy evenings at a mediterranean island. Dressed in a white shirt, walking along the harbor and watching the sunset making the white sailing boats glitter in red from the last glimpse of the sun.

Just beautiful.

biscoff
biscoff

The freshness of ginger and citrus surround the luscious note of iris. One of my favorite scents in terms of composition and how it lifts my mood up. This is actually the freshest fragrance that I have. Unfortunately the longevity is not good on me (around or even less than the 3 hour mark). Projection is moderate.

4/5 (because of the performance issue)

Marciu

@EnragedApollo - what the heck Aventus Z01 has to do with this Dior?!

Lord, please have mercy :|

AZ
AZ

I really like DHS it is opens with agressive Citron smell with hint Ginger. The dry down have abit of Iris green notes.

When I put it on my skins the green notes are more noticable.

It a nice fragrance to have

mehdi.gh
mehdi.gh

این عطر ترکیبی است از سنت و مدرنیته و دارای یک رایحه نادر با یک فرمول دقیق در عطر مردانه می باشد .
رایحه 8/10
ماندگاری 7/10
پخش بو 7/10
خرید خوبیه من که راضی ام
اگه یه کرم مرطوب کننده بدون رایجه مثل کیو وی
بالای ارنج و یا روی بازوتون بمالید و بعد 10 دقیقه دوتا
پاف رو بازوهاتون بزنید و یه کم کرم به زیر گلو و یه پاف اونجا راحت یه روز کامل رو با پخش بوی خوب بهتون جواب میده البته با پبراهن استین کوتاه

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

It feels like an omission to not have the brilliant Dior Homme on my shelf - Dior Homme Intense somehow eclipses it for me, makes it seem redundant. Dior Homme Sport, however, is a must-have flanker I could not possibly omit from my collection - it's an essential all-seasons player in my starting line-up.

Dior Homme Sport's lively, dynamic character takes things in a vibrant, fresh direction. Up top you get a wonderfully bright lemon/ginger combination, while in the background it's supported by the familiar dusty signature iris note from the original Dior Homme, adding extra depth and sophistication.

The sum total of the parts is a very natural, crisp, long-lasting, invigourating scent that exudes elegance effortlessly.

Pure class - game, set and match.

jfr1974
jfr1974

There has been much written about this fragrance and its older brothers. Not having smelt the original version of Dior Homme Sport, I cannot make comments about the differences between his current version and the pre-reformulation version. And while I understand that there may be differences in the two that may well have made the original more appreciated, I am giving my opinion about this version with no comparison to the original.

What I can say is this: there is a freshness that surrounds the iris note - this may well be the key into the world of Dior Homme. Those who like me have some hesitations about the powdery floral aspects Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense may find this a more subtle introduction to the family. In fact, now that I have smelt and worn this more than a few time, and therefore being more used to the iris note, I am thinking I may add one or both the others to my collection.

Longevity on me varies - from 5 to 7 hours although past 3.5 hours it is very much a skin scent.

I honestly believe this to be a versatile creation from the house of Dior. Past the first 15mins citrusy/gingery opening, this can work for a variety of occasions from casual to black tie - though probably pushing it at a black tie event. As for weather, it really depends on your country. Too many on here make judgements based on their own weather patterns and this may be unhelpful. For me in Melbourne, Australia where snow is something one needs to seek, I'd say that you could wear this during any season as your mood dictates.

It's a definite buy!

EnragedApollo

Once you've smelt Z01 Aventus (although this has absolutely nothing to do with DHS 2012), you won't smell anything greater. Unless of course, you are a fragrance enthusiast.

The harmonious, creamy blend of citrus and ginger makes this a very classy summer fragrance.

For my first blind buy, I was not disappointed at all although not as blown away as I received my Aventus Z01 the day before. For the price, it's definitely a great bang for your buck and makes a great versatile fragrance.

SeReZhka.Ca
SeReZhka.Ca

Had it a few years ago, and I remember regretting buying it!

Very citrusy and spicy, in an "in your face" way, which is not very complimenting.

I can only imagine sportsmen wearing it before work out to smell nice after it..

Disgusting.

longevity:7.5/10
projection:7.5/10
sillage:6/10
versatility:8/10
overall:38/50(great,great)

Highschoolrugbyboy64
Highschoolrugbyboy64

Amazing, deep ginger/citrus with the iris and the woods in the back ground. Can be worn for anything; casual, date, or formal. It lasts and projects for 6-8 hours and i really love it and so does everyone else. A crowd pleaser but it is still unique so it really smells like nothing else!

Vortex1

Yes I'm sorry and I agree my review below could have just been for PM , it just happened to be that way.

Hello all

I will be in the minority here but this did not work for me .

I love everything dior particularly homme series and farrenheit . I have tried this and the former formulation a few times but I was never sold on it. After reading your high evaluation of this I decided a purchase thinking the single spray I has tried were likely inadequate thus. .

I sprayed myself with this , some 6 or so , right after a shower yesterday. It's warm here and I was indoors in the air con running hosting some guests . I don't know If anyone else could pick it but I certainly got no presence of it after 5 minutes unless I dug my nose at the points. .

I must also confess I never felt the magic at point of spray as either. It's nice but nothing that makes me go oomph.

After a couple hours or so , disappointed and feeling the need for something to make up , I sprayed myself with two spirits of Channel Pour Monsieur which was sitting right next to it.
My words , that initial spray and I could have said under my breath " now this is what you call a master piece citrus" so classy and just so satisfying, I could feel my immediate sorroundings soaking in this freshness.

Having tried PM , I realised just how over rated this scent may be. But well at least to me.
I don't completely repent the purchase for I am acompletionist for this line , so be it. Will keep on testing this out on and nevertheless.

Btw mine was the 2012 formula which I chose over the original. There is a bottle of that still at my store but I dunno anymore ...

Thanks for reading you all and please tell me just what is it that I'm missing here.

anna.dkr5

Is this similar to Bleu de Chanel? Does it have a bitter accord?

EnragedApollo

First blind buy. Waiting for this sexy beast to come in after reading many good things about it in the reviews. I will not regret getting this (I hope).

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I tried 30 men's fragrance before buying it for a friend. It's long lasting , fresh but deeper than a normal fresh fragrance . It's classy and the iris is gorgeous in it! This is a winning men's fragrance and it lasts and lasts . This is for a sporty and active man on the go and his trail will leave people wondering who smells so good! I imagine James Bond wearing this . It's for the active man but still well put together and has time to drink a martini with friends after his karate class. I recommend this fragrance ! This is my first mens fragrance review .

incrediblejeet
incrediblejeet

Dior's Homme line is simply fantastic. I have DHI and I absolutely love it. I was looking for a spring/summer fragrance and DHS fit the bill perfectly. The lovely citrus-ginger smell is divine and perfectly balanced, and the iris takes things up a notch. Found my new spring/summer signature. Well done once again Dior!

marioslg3

i smelled this on a friend many times and didnt notice that it was 2012 version....i have the original edition but honestly i have to say that they are very different. this gives a clean soapy powdery feeling with some lemon but the iris is the strongest especially from middle to the drydown. the first edition is a lemon ginger compo. if you have the one, you can buy the other as well, no doubt.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I'm not a big fan of DH or DHI, but I love this one. DHS is a perfect office and casual scent for the Spring and Summer; laid-back, cool, yet still refined. It is by far my favorite Dior Homme fragrance.

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

Note to Francois Demachy: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I only wish I could translate that idiom into French.

DHS 2008 is one of my all-time favorites - it is the absolute epitome of a warm summer day. The lemon is bright and authentic and that killer ginger is unlike anything else in the designer market. I know - let's reformulate it! Stupid idea.

This is still better than the vast majority of the "sport" fragrances out there, but it pales in comparison to the 2008 version. The addition of the iris gives the fragrance a common thread with the rest of the Dior Homme line, but it dulls the radiance of the fragrance completely. Here, the ginger is barely noticeable. The 2008 version was, for me, a 10/10. This version is a 7.5, at best. I wish Dior would stop messing with this line - both Dior Homme and Dior Homme Sport were light years better in their original forms.

bart4543
bart4543

AFTER DHI, THIS IS MY SECOND FAVE DIOR FRAGRANCE. ABSOLUTELY FANTASATIC STUFF, DIOR QUALITY WITH BAD MARKETING. WHY YOU WOULD CALL THIS A SPORT FRAGRANCE BOGGLES THE MIND. ONE OF THE FEW FRAGRANCES THAT I CAN PULL OFF WITH A T SHIRT OR A SUIT.

rtsao723
rtsao723

No joke, this bottle is gold....smells too good. Great warm weather cologne in my opinion.
fresh ginger and citron at the opening, which is great.
Although it's supposed to be a "sporty" cologne; the dry down is creamy and elegant.
It's phenomenal...
Just try a 1.7oz if you are still skeptical.
But I bet soon enough, you will be wanting the bigger bottle. :)

burgundyaltima

I've always loved the 2008 version but the DHS 2012 is much smoother, creamier and classier. (its like DHS 2008 but on a leash, much more tamed). Sadly, It doesn't project like the bright, zesty, lively 2008 version but last a while. I sprayed my wrists with both 2008 vs 2012 and im really enjoying the 2012 ....

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

no, original 2008 version of dior homme sport's bottle is white while 2012 version have orange bottle, also the sprayers are different, 2008 is black and 2012 is covered with silver around the sprayer and there are similarities but iris makes 2012 version less fresh, it is still fresh but not as much as 2008 version, and 2012 version lasted longer on me than 2008 version

randy koehler
randy koehler

How do you tell the difference between this and the original dhs without smelling? Is the packaging and bottles the same?

moreiraemail
moreiraemail

This fragrance was the the first sport one I felt in love. It's different of most sport fragrances. DHS is modern and elegant; a sport fragrance that can be used in a casual situation, but also in a refined occasion. Some people disgust the iris opening of 2012 version. I like it very much because it gives to the fragrance its uniquiness. It's not the most complimented sport/summer fragrances I have(VPH is that one), but the scent is quite beautiful and refined to my nose. In my opinion, this one, AHS, VPH, GHI (guerlain homme intense)and l'eau d'issey pour homme form the perfect summer fragrance team on designer line (in my opinion and nose).

torres71
torres71

VanMarlton, i have both 2008 and 2012. as you said "just naked citrus", i have the same feelings. just nothing special.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

@vanmarlton - looks like you got the old version of Dior Homme Sport.. The old version is boring citrus and ginger , the new version has iris and makes it so much better!

thiago coelho
thiago coelho

ow isto cheira bem mas na primeira meia hora me incomoda muito depois que acalma fica perfeito,se bem q minha namorada esta gravida e ultimamente não estou usando nada pois ela enjoa de tudo...rsrsrs

Alvinsii91
Alvinsii91

Dior Homme Sport 2012

This is one of sport fragrance on the market. Its smell much more sophisticated than most "Summer" flanker by other house.

I love Dior!!! Dior house is indisputable in my heart. DHS is another excellent flanker in Dior Homme line. I never smelled the previous formulation so I can't do any comparison but I would rate DHS really HIGH among my favorite.

It open with very natural, warm, lively lemon and slightly spicy but smooth ginger note.... the lemon is very fresh and lead me to a very bright and refreshing mood. Slowly, the DNA of Dior Homme line ~ iris note ~ is starten to support the main notes, which attributed to its crispness and smoothness. The drydown is very much like other Dior Homme flanker. Its sweet citrusy is slightly tone down and become more woody.

Although DHS is labeled as SPORT fragrance but it perform really well on my skin. I am greatly surprised with its 6-8 hours longevity and good projection. However, I found its opening is quite loud for some people so I'm still recommended you all might take sample of DHS before purchase it.

Scent: 8.5 (Lemon + ginger combo = very fresh, natural feel )
Projection: 8 ( It's really project well and others do will notice you.)
Longevity: 9 (6-8 hours for sport fragrance is just too great. )
Sillage : 8.5 (Yes, it do left good scent trail. )
Versatility: 9 (I dont think it as sport frag as it is a very classy, sophisicated and elegant fragrance. )

Laurdess
Laurdess

The entire line of Dior Homme can get a womans head to turn and ask...what are you wearing? Sexy, sexy, sexy... Dior makes it easy for the pick up artists.

burgundyaltima

Just a smoother version of the old one.
No need to buy both because they smell almost the same..but i prefer the sharp zestiness of the original..

acc
acc

Dior fragrances used to be of very high standards in my mind until i tested this.
Initial spray is somewhat complex, makes you wonder what will come next. I was very disappointed with the later stages because they are extremely chemical and synthetic.
This one is a huge failure and shouldn't be considered as a part of dior homme series which previously are extremely successful.
Dior homme sport overally is a synthetic fragrance that could easily be compared to floor cleaners' or other chemical cleaning item smells.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Confirmed my current daytime signature. Love the sprayer and color of the juice. Makes me feel clean, fresh and sexy.

Nicely
Nicely

hahaha, this is the 'le mans' racer of dior. Its citrusy , cold blood, refreshing and sportif. Maybe you dont like it in the beginning ( as me ) i found the citrus to loud and sour. But buy a sample.. you will love the smell in days .. more and more.

Projects good for an 'citrus' fragrance. I get 2-3 hours great projection.

Longevity around the 6-8 hours.

Scent: 8.2/10.
Projection: 8/10.
Longevity: 7.8/10.
Compliments: 8/10.

you get quality for your money. Overall nice summmer-spring scent.

kellz1843
kellz1843

This fragrance smells amazing and works well on my skin. It has a very realistic and pure lemon note combined with a slightly spicy ginger. At first, it was difficult to detect the iris. After an hour or so, if I move in a certain way I can pick it up. It is very present, just gentle and breezy. Not upfront like in the original Pour Homme. It dries down on me crisp and aromatic with a perfect combination of all notes including cedar. I can smell it on me for 4-6 hrs. I've gotten compliments after 10 hrs though when I began to sweat in an exercise class and smell it after 12-14 in my nighttime shower. Good lasting power and great smelling fragrance.

kamooo
kamooo

Dior Homme Sport 2012 Dior for men - A pleasant surprise!

JamesVT
JamesVT

Fresh clean scent, like it a lot. Will be buying again.

UrbanGypsy
UrbanGypsy

I really, really like this as an everyday scent. It's perfect for that. Its fresh, clean, uplifting.. It smells beautiful. A lovely lemon with some spices, subtle woods and florals, and some vanilla and muskiness.. Its refreshing and "sporty" I can see that but totally classy, like it is a high quality fragrance you are wearing.

Very impressed with this one and the whole Dior range is quite good. Actually I remember at the end of the drydown it started to smell like the Dior Homme one which I like.. They must be all "linked" which I find
very impressive I might write a review on my feelings of the Dior range as a whole...

Daniel.Friedrich42
Daniel.Friedrich42

I got this over Allure Homme Sport after having samples of both of them. Citrus-heavy frags usually don't work very well on my skin if the citrus isn't coupled with something warmer/softer to keep it alive.
I train MMA and use this to freshen up after sessions when i get out of the shower and still want to feel classy on my way home(it's too cool at the moment for regular day use)

Fragrance: DHS starts with a very natural smelling Lemon and Ginger, matures and sweetens a little when the Iris comes into play after about 20 minutes, and is backed up and kept together by the Cedar in the base.
I get a little Vetiver-feeling mixed with Cedar from the base, maybe that's the green notes mentioned.
The Lemon has very good staying power throughout the wearing but at some point it fades together with the Iris(after about 6 hours) and leaves me with a Ginger/Cedar accord that's still very classy and refreshing but a little warmer.

Projection: Handshake-range for me. Reminds you that it's there but won't choke out anybody. After about 5-6 hours it goes down a bit closer to the skin and stays there.

Longevity: This is where it gets crazy. Usually sports/fresh fragrances, especially the ones heavy on the citrus, fade away really fast for me.

DHS give me a consistent 8-10 hours!!! Never had a citrus/fresh fragrance last(and also project) like that. I guess it hits jackpot with my skin-chemistry

Conclusion: A very classy sports/fresh fragrance with the potential to be worn in more formal settings in the summer and great longevity compared to most other freshies

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Very bright and sort of synthetic, DH Sport 2012 brings a hard punch of citron with a tangy and lively ginger accord. The green and cedar notes make the fragrance a touch more sporty/masculine. The iris makes it clean...and that's all she wrote home.

Simple, sweet, citric, with a clean/sporty/synthetic vibe. This is a good fragrance for a laid back day. Like a day you know will probably be boring and you don't feel like wearing something heavy. In my imagination this fragrance has a little ray of sunshine in every squirt.

YourFragranceTake
YourFragranceTake

This scent is beautiful! Upon smelling it you are immediately hit with this bright lemon ginger giving it a warm citrusy feel. All that morphs into a distinct scent which is the iris! The iris is masterfully blended here giving it a carrot-y, almost invigorating smell that is almost too much. I think this is a scent that is meant to be smelled in the air, not up close like on my wrist. When I think I detest it I get a waft of this stuff and instantly fall in love with it again. Because of the warm distinct smell this will suit as a superb signature scent. You won't be the guy who wears cologne; you'll be the guy who smells like... that!
I hope that makes sense :P

Anyway, longevity is great: about 6-9 hours most of the time and projection is perfect: Not too much or too little.

Try it out for sure! It will grow on you!

Jwhdz1
Jwhdz1

Lemons, lemons...oh, and more lemons

Nick M
Nick M

Sure it's a soft, pleasant smell but it's like the designer started with a woman's perfume then changed their mind midway through. Be sure to leave this one on your skin because it really tricked me and I would've regretted buying it.

lorensiuswlt
lorensiuswlt

Smells elegant, natural, fresh and also a bit warm. This fragance should not be categorized as sport fragance, it is too elegant...;). Longevity around 5-8 hours and could be more on clothes. Projection and sillage are moderate, perfect for daily use and office safe. This is one of my favorite fragance for summer day and warm nights..

pjd1234
pjd1234

As a very big fan of the original 2008 dior home sport I was very curious about this one the 2012 version reform version. I will not do a comparison test I will review this 2012 version as its own. okay at first spray I really do get the citron/lemon ginger combo very natural smelling no alcohol smell at all but I find it very weak though then the iris slowly kicks in with the lemon/ginger/iris trio combo I find this very nice and unique a classy smell indeed I do get the green notes at the base maybe a bit of cypress but not really noticeable the iris has totally mellowed down almost gone at the base I can still detect the citron ginger combo with the green notes till the end of the scent. I still get that vibe from the original but very weak. I love the overall scent if only its been made a little bit thicker I find this reform version watered down and that's an honest opinion I sprayed 2 heavy ones lasted about 7 hours max but mostly skin scent very weak after 2hours on my skin. overall for the scent alone not bad its still quality juice but weak I will still label it as an classy sport fragrance.

longevity 5-7 hours 6/10 still not bad for a sport fragrance the original last longer.

sillage projection moderate 7/10 does not project much but still noticeable when in contact I guess you have to spray more 5-6 sprays of this one wont be a problem IMO it wont offend anyone either.

uniqueness 7/10 I don't find this one as unique as it has still the dna of the original dior home sport and ive smelled it before so nothing new for me In regards to its scent.

overall smell 9/10 from top to buttom very good smell indeed from top to buttom but I really enjoy the middle
much more that lemon/ginger/iris trio combo is to die for overall high remarks for its scent.

price vs quality 8/10 still quality juice natural smelling nothing synthetic 80 dollars retail I think is a bit pricey 70- 75 usd would be reasonable price for this one.

versatility summer nights I don't think this will endure the hot humidity as it will fade quickly definitely not the cold weather as the scent is weak overall not bad give it a boost on longevity and projection and make it a bit stronger this will definitely be perfect.

philip1123
philip1123

Wow! Talk about an over-rated fragrance... It smells very nice, you get A LOT of lemon, and some iris, but that's about it for me. It's kind of simple. Longevity is terrible on me in hot weather, might get about 3 to 4 hours, and after that it's VERY close to skin... I mean, it's good, but definitely one of the weakest fragrances Dior has produced... I give it a 7 out of 10

periquito89

Lol! Bateman wears Yves Saint Laurent pour Homme. If I´m not wrong, is that fragrance you can see in one of his scenes...

uavagm
uavagm

سلام
من این عطرو 100میلشو دارم و فقط 20میلشو استفاده کردم!
الان میخوام بفروشمش!
قیمت آکبندش الان 380-390 تومنه و من فقط 200 تومن میدمش!
اگه کسی تو تهران هست و میخوادش بهم مسیج بده!
مرسی

eric.cius
eric.cius

Okay so I picked this up at winners because it was on sale for a very good price and Dior never goes on sale. The other reason was because of the Iris. This is my favorite part of DHI (I wish it lasted longer).
I also own the old formulation of DHS which I also love, so thinking this would be the same but with the iris I had to buy. I was a little disappointed that the iris in this wasn't more prominent like in DH or DHI, actually I don't think I detect it at all.
The opening 45min to 1hr are EXACTLY like DHS2008 it then turns creamier (people claim this is the iris?) but the original formula also dries down to this given 3 to 5 hours.
I do find the newer version to be less sharp the the original. I can't say I like one over the other.
It's like I would wear the original during the day then put on the 2012 version before I went out at night. Whatever version you find I would recommend this. Excellent fragrance 8.5/10, would have been a near 10 if the iris was more in your face.

gd15329
gd15329

One day I will buy you baby... soon I hope...
Excellent fragrance! The best sport scent so far in my opinion. (wearable even as a non sport scent)

Pure class!

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This an unbelievable fragrance. I would definitely say that this is probably the most classy sports fragrance I've tried. It is very citrusy and sweet. Slightly powdery in the opening because of the iris, but it is very cool and refreshing. I cannot wait to purchase this bad boy, and I strongly recommend this. One of the few Dior fragrances that I enjoy.

O2
O2

عطر صباحي صيفي منعش جداً

عطر يستحق خمس نجوم ☆☆☆☆☆

NightWolfe
NightWolfe

Hands down the best aquatic in the market!!

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Starts off with the most natural citrus i have ever smelled in a designer.

The citrus here is dry, natural and "cold ", kinda like a fresh breeze in a citrus garden .

The ginger is always there throughout the scent, giving it balance.

The iris here is more noticeable than the 2008 version , giving it a mellow sweet border, setting it apart from the usual "fresh" stereotype scents .

The drydown is just beautiful, with the citrus always lingering in the back and an elegant cedar comes in play to finish off this beauty.

For a fresh scent, this could easily be pulled off during the winter season as well, due to the iris and cedar playing two important roles.

Amazing

fhr
fhr

Although starting with nice citric headnote it does not have any significant longevity on mem so blunt that I cannot believe that- at least compared to ones I used to at Chanel homme family - unfortunately... goood news that its not general for all Diors..

Marciu

However I think the new Dior Homme Cologne is thicker than this one, despite the "cologne" in its name.

Marciu

@marioslg3 I would suggest you to test it on your skin first. At first I thought this is worth anything crap, just watered down DHS old formula plus iris. But it appeared, after few more test, to be almost on the same quality level as its predecessor. I'm saying almost, because I own old version and its succesor is a little bit watered down to my nose. It's pretty much the same in the composition except the opening, which in new version is woody-papery because of iris, and only a little bit citrusy. But then it starts to smell like the old one. I feel the same citrus-ginger combo, which I adore so much in the old one.

All in all after plenty of testing I love them both. I'll just be applying a little bit more of the reformulated version.

fazilsmr

To Marioslg3.....this one does resemble the 2008 version. I own a bottle of this and i think it is a well crafted perfume. This one is between dior homme and dior sport 2008. It stands in the middle. Sporty in a formal way i would say. 2008 version is more aromatic and more ginger. This version has more lemons. The ginger is still there but it has been toned down. Iris is quite prominent here. cedar comes in later to give a masculine touch. Basically you can detect all the notes listed. Projection and sillage are good i would say. Longevity around 8 hours to 12 hours. Good for summer, spring and early autumn. Try this before you buy...
2008......citrus, ginger and aromatic
2012......lemons, iris and cedar ( very natural smelling lemons and lemons leaves)

Michael1962
Michael1962

This is way too classy to be considered a 'sports' fragrance.After the initial citrus blast it settles down on my skin to be a smooth and creamy ginger long lasting perfume with great sillage and longevity of upwards of 9 hours.The iris note is well used here and it adds body and substance.Working as a concierge I have had a few compliments from customers about my aftershave and DHS can be considered a seasonal allrounder in my opinion.Suitable for the colder months too.Dior is one of my favourite perfume houses and the quality of the ingredients really shines through in this beauty.Eau Sauvage Perfum is another favourite of mine which lasts and lasts and lasts.Highly recommended for men and women who want a refreshing summer ( or winter) fragrance which sits above the usual generic smelling opposition. Another bullseye from Dior ..Bravo !!!

marioslg3

I beleive this is the first perfume that the reformulated version is better than the original according to the comments?
I have the original and I'm thinking if its worth it to buy the reformulated as well. I never used this one on the skin.
What do you guys believe? Shall i buy it or not? The question is towards those that they used the original and now the reformulated. What do you believe? if you have the one, you need the other as well?

tavo
tavo

I like this one better than the original, I tested recently and I found it more elegant and sweet. As I suspected the iris gave it depth. The opening of original is better, also the black sprayer look better on the original. But the opening is like 5 minutes so this one wins, and who cares about the color of the sprayer.

So this is still is a great fragance, even better for me, thank you god, they didnt butchered my favorite fragance.

Red King
Red King

On paper, this is a nice and simple citrus ginger. Fresh and pleasant.

On my skin.. I just get massive dose of celery. Anyone else gets this? I can't believe how awful this smells on me, had my sister smell my arm and she nearly puked.

I love DHI and like DH but god all mighty DHS is just the worst scent I ever put on. Luckily I got a sample first. Guys try before buy!

vitilsky
vitilsky

Way better than the original. I recommend it, smells different, imagine squeezing lemons into the original one and less flower and more wood, definitely a great fragrance.

edit: I don't really enjoy it that much. Iris still stands out, and it makes it smell of carrots. Yes, carrots liquor even.

orestes
orestes

Ι disagree, the addition of the iris in the version of 2012 did the fragrance irresistible! the 2013 cologne version after the dry down is similar with thierry mugler cologne.

marycon
marycon

Lemons. Thats all. Boring honestly. Dior homme 2013 is a way much nicer fragrance! More elegant.

norsende
norsende

To me, Dior Homme Cologne 2013 is a much better sport and/or summer fragrance. It's just fresher and lighter but not in sillage.

I'm not sure if it's my skin but I just don't get this scent as a great one, I love Homme and Homme Intense though. And Homme Cologne 2013 as a sporty one.

Definitely try before you buy IMO!

Ddhuney
Ddhuney

Lemons and ginger. I think it shares DNA from the Dior higher Energy. Dior homme sport has not much to do with the original Dior Homme. It is refreshing, but more like hmmm, okay, we got lemons, but that's it. A boring fresh scent.

Darko_sk
Darko_sk

This has nothing to do with a sport fragrance... It can easily be called Dior Homme Class!

josevancouver

I started wearing Dior Homme Sport 2012 again as it's Spring....this is a great fragrance. For me, I find this quite strong with a lot of projection and longevity. It's quite heavy for me and I have to be careful how many sprays I use (I'm going with 2 sprays max).

Marciu

OK, so now I can finally say what's the secret of Dior Homme Sport 2012, I guess I can.

It's quite easy, this one seems to be much more watered down Dior Homme Sport 2008. So today I applied 6 heavy sprays on my forearm. Finally, almost 9 hours after application, and I can still smell it! It seems to be more iris only at the beggining(first 2 hours). It seems to project better than '08 version and that's its advantage. And I feel ginger in the "heart" (middle note), not in the "head" like it's written.

So now I guess I have to apologise Mr Demachy :P This one seems to be also a quite nice all year round sporty-elegant scent.

But I still prefer previous reformulation :)

Smyle12
Smyle12

Dior Homme 2008 is the vastly superior sport fragrance betwixt the two, and the one that does it all. Yes, 2012 smells great, but too much just too "classy" to be considered a sport fragrance. There's too much iris and too little fresh ginger this time, and that detract from what made the original such a brilliant masterpiece. I'll buy Dior Homme 2005 online if I'm looking for iris. It's already a favourite and a staple. Close, Dior, but as with ALL of your reformulations, no cigar.

Marciu

I tested the DHS 2012 again...

I choose Dior Homme Cologne 2013 over this one, definitely. I like the smell of the Dior Sport, but its longevity and sillage on me are tragically bad :( And I don't know why! I like the mix of lemon, ginger and iris, however the smell of ginger is very smooth here. After some time it's a kind of fresh squeezed lemon juice on me. But the longevity is sadly very bad - approximately 4 hours and that's it. Puff and it's gone....

I think I'll make a backup of DHS 2008 and when it won't be available anymore, I'll just start buying Dior Homme Cologne 2013.

marioslg3

i tested again dior homme cologne and dior homme sport 2012 and i prefer by far the sport version 2012...it has more depth and the smell is more pleasant for me in comparison with the cologne. The last is a copy of allure cologne sport but Allure has more longevity and sillage and i prefer the smell of Allure anyway. i find Dior cologne plain without anything remarkable. The lemon/bergamot in Allure Cologne is much better and of better quality than in Dior. The Iris in 2012 sport Dior is very nice and i love fragrances with iris. The previous version is also very nice but i tent to prefer the new version as the compo lemon/iris, is very elegant. The ginger was too strong in previous version but also nice. Is a matter of taste which one is better between dior sport and dior sport 2012 version but i would say that the cologne version is nothing for me as long as is in the game Allure cologne sport or other great citrus fragrances.

Marciu

Actually, the new Dior Homme Cologne is smoother than Chanel Allure Cologne Sport(and albo smoother than Dior Homme Sport 2008 by the way), has a little lower sillage and projection, but lasts as long as Chanel.

marioslg3

Marciu, i have allure home sport cologne which is very similar to dior homme cologne....i do not see it worth the purchase. i do nothave experience with dhc but from a sniff, it is almost identical, only with the addition of dhs in it.

Marciu

@marioslg3 I would suggest you to purchase Dior Homme Cologne 2013 instead of this.

The more I'm sniffing this, the more I'm sure, they'vs ruined good old Dior Homme Sport. This one smells to me like watered down Dior Homme with lemon added. And this one is the only one from Dior Homme line that doesn't work on me and smells really bad on me.

Guilherme Fernandes
Guilherme Fernandes

Esta é a Melhor Fragrância Cítrica já criada!
É muito fresco, elegante e muito sofisticado.
Me remete a um delicioso Chá de Limão e Gengibre.
Dior Homme Sport 2012 começar muito semelhante à versão original: uma explosão de limão (eu sei que esta versão é Cidra). Após isso, a diferença vem: um gengibre muito, muito suave e íris trazem mais classe e energia. Depois ele se torna um amadeirado suave e cítrico até ao fim.
DHS é perfeito perfume para uso dia-a-dia. É excelente em dias quentes e é ótimo para noites e dias frio (aqui no Brasil).
A Fixação é impressionante: 8-9 horas em mim.
A Projeção é muito boa: não cheira muito distante, mas as pessoas podem cheira a 1 metro (no mínimo) por 4 horas fácil.
DHS foi um das minhas melhores compras.
DHS deveria ter mais gengibre como a versão original.

Fragrância/Fragrance: 9,5/10
Fixação/ Longevity: 9/10
Projeção/ Sillage: 9/10
Versatilidade/ Versatillity: 10/10
Try/ Buy/ Pass: Buy

This one is The Best Citrus Fragrance ever created!
It's very fresh, elegant and very sophisticated.
DHS reminds me a delicious Lemon and Ginger Tea.
Dior Homme Sport 2012 start very similiar to the original version: a blast of Lemon (I know that this version is Citron). After this, the difference comes: a very, very smooth ginger and iris bring more class and energy. Then it becomes a soft woody and citrus until the end.
DHS is perfect for a daily perfume. It's excellent in hot days and it's great at night and cold days (here in Brazil).
The Longevity is awsome: 7-8 hours on me.
The Sillage is good too: it doesn't smell very distant but people can smells it at 1 meter (at least) for 4 hours easy.
DHS was one of my best buy.
I think It must have more ginger like the original version.

Marciu

I have the old(2008) version and tried more than several times the 2012 version.

The opening, I can't say anything positive about it. Lemon and iris combo smells bad on my skin. Later on iris luckilly fades away and pure lemon is left. At the end a little bit of wood comes in.
The new Dior Homme Sport is a projection monster, compared to the old one. It is less sport, more formal and serious. But on my skin it lacks with longevity... That's its serious problem. It stays on my skin approximately 4 hours... Another thing is that I can't register any trace(!) of ginger. That's a sad thing....

The 2008 version, I truly love it. Unfortunately, I cannot say I like the 2012 one.

I reccomend the new Dior Homme Cologne(2013) over the current formulation of Dior Homme Sport.

majestic
majestic

absolutely better than old version imo. i like iris in this fragrance. less citrus, less lemon, less sharply but it's more elegant.

this is masterpiece for summer seasons...

i think, this frag's would name be "dior homme sport elegant"

Guinea54
Guinea54

Honestly I am pissed off. dior already has two iris type scents. The original which is a dry powedery iris and intense which has a more sweet robust lipstick vibe.
The original dior sport was different. It was a great blend of ginger and citrus that was very invigorating and got me a lot of compliments. Just because some people might not like a fresh scent or a ginger based scent doesn't mean it was a good idea to destroy it. I haven't tried the new formulation, but I can tell I won't like it as much. I am actually really pissed off.. because dior sport was my favorite fresh scent. I don't want floral powdery. I want the citrus blast and fresh ginger. It did its job really well.

sawyer82
sawyer82

More powdery and less citric version of the first Dior Sport. More refined and elegant, but...

It's longevity on my skin is about 1/3 of the original. It's gone in 2h.

In terms of projection, the things aren't much better. The Vintage version has a nice projection, specially the first two hours... but this is close to the skin after a half hour.

I don't understand why...

I like it as I like the original, but I must confess that sometimes I miss that orangey note in the original, specially in summer.

Smell: 9
Longevity: 4
Projection: 5

aliks
aliks

Brilliant scent in summer and on hot weather, very harsh and citric on colder days. Very strange. The warm and spicy notes only develop on hot weather, but they smell great.

this made for me <3

raducu
raducu

Very nice fragrance...rich,elegant,simple but complex...:)...absolutely love it

Nice job Francois Demachy!
Smell: 9/10
Sillage: 8/10....not strong like the older version, but you'll get notice...
Longevity: 9/10....i get 10 hours, easily....

Later edit: on clothes it lasts 24 h

Difini
Difini

All i can say is this: smells soooo gooood !! :)

Ovrnightr
Ovrnightr

This.

This fragrance is amazing. I just returned from Sephora with a 50ml bottle, and I'm completely entranced by this fragrance. The opening is unlike anything I've ever smelled, it's so intoxicating with a burst of powdery, citrusy freshness. The dry down is warm and very smooth; I can't see this offending anyone, but rather intoxicating everyone. I want to smell like this always.

Other reviewers are absolutely correct; this is too rich and classy to be considered a "sport" fragrance. The name is just the name, I'd sooner wear this to work or to the club than to a racquetball match.

Maybe it's because it's brand new to me that I love this fragrance so much, but I will come back here and revise this review if any of its magic is lost on me over time. If you're unsure about trying this fragrance, do yourself and those around you the favor of trying it out.

AthleticOne
AthleticOne

Very natural smelling green leafs of the lemon, that dominates all the time. Definitely classy smell that makes me feel like the rich people. It's not same as most others aquatics and citrus fresh scents. I tryed about 60-70 fragrances on skin, and this is a kind of unique. It is fresh and high class at the same time, that is the trick. Interesting, so natural and so special.

Dry and sharp smell. It is not tipical energetic sport fragrance, first things that comes in mind is: elegant and classy.
Like the most classy fresh scents it can be good for all seasons, and can be worned by anybody. Longevity and sillage good.

fazilsmr

Elegant and charming. To me this is not a sport fragrance. Too classy to be a sport fragrance. Less citrus than the original. A little powdery and floral. Light citrus and ginger for the first 90mins. Floral and a bit powdery for 4 to 5 hours. Do not detect any green notes. Projection above average but this perfume lasts and lasts. Close to ten hours on my skin. Definitely another winner from dior. Dior beats chanel allure line in almost every way...

camposg
camposg

This for me was not pleasing. I found it offensive, a bad ginger note and also not the kind of sporty when you think sporty but it is in a formal type of way. The original Dior homme is a great scent but falls flat within the first hour for me. I prefer to pass on all of the Dior homme's and flankers minus extreme I have never got my nose on

dudelove
dudelove

DHS 2012 opens with a very natural burst of lemon, nothing too sharp, nothing like dishwashing liquid. Very natural and pleasing. Ginger is definitely there but it is dominated by the lemons.

Later DHS starts getting sweet. Those worried the iris might make it powdery, I didn't get any powdery vibes. Instead the Iris made it sweeter, and with a hint of woods coming in, this fragrance smelled absolutely classy. So classy it was the first fragrance I grabbed when I wore a suit.

Don't be fooled by the name and the rep other sport fragrances have. DHS lasts and lasts and lasts. Longevity is beyond excellent. I sprayed it on my wrist (nothing lasts on my wrist for some reason) And it was still there after 10+hrs. DHS projects very politely, and will become a strong skin scent (if that makes any sense) after 4-5 hours depending on the temperature. That is excellent by my books.

The only downside, it isn't very unique smelling, and it's one of those I wouldn't wear daily, in case I get bored of it. But aren't all safe fragrances like that? ;)

A must try fragrance guys. To sum it up in a few words: Natural, classy, safe, long lasting.

An easy 9/10 for me.

Oh and the atomizer on this thing, is really weird! But a great one nonetheless. Those of you who own the bottle will understand. The amount that comes out really depends on the way you press the sprayer. Lightly and the juice will come out in squirts. You have to press it quick and all the way for it to be a mist.

Trobador

jasonx: I don't know where you buy your Doir Homme Sport, but what's about longevity and "Hugo Boss" - when I go to the bathroom after a long day, I still feel scent of IRIS (it's awesome and it's NOT Hugo Boss at all)...and the next day all the same, even if I don't use it from yesterday. On my hair - I have no words, maybe 5 days longevity!

Maybe, you get used to smell of Dior Sport too fast. It would be good for you to understand difference between sweet smell (like vanilla in Dior Homme Intense) and scent of Iris in Dior Homme Sport!!!

jasonx
jasonx

I have a chance to smell this version recently. The added iris note is amazing! However, I do not know if I can call it a favor that they do for DHS when it only last about 5 minutes. Along with the iris note, there is also a sweet smell added which reminds me of something from Hugo Boss. That sweet smell stay for the whole drive

If they only they add a long-lasting iris note to DHS then it would be amazing. As of right now, all I can say is Dior has just ruined DHS

careless86

this frag is awesome. i'm in love with it :)

marioslg3

I believe i prefer this than the original. i dont know about longevity projection yet but the citron with the ginger and iris, is magnificent. The irish gives push to the lemony/ginger odor and you get the impression that you are smelling them after getting the combo out of the freezer. It is so cool smelling and delicious....some may not see with a glance the difference between this and the original and indeed, the perfumes are very much the same. they have only some details which make the difference. I consider the 2012 release as a very nice lemony summer/all year round fragrance, i do so for the old one more or less. it is natural and sexy, traditionally manly and fragrant.
if you have the first, you do not necessarily need the other except if your nose is catching the details at that extend.
Can be use as a formal fragrance as well...

kami07
kami07

با سلام از نسخه اصلي بهتر شده يعني وودي تر شده البته ماندگاري هم بهتر شده در كل من دوسش دارم همين رو هم نسخه قبليشرو

Trobador

Just very, very, very good frag! Not importunate, but perceptible and pleasant (iris)! For every day, nice :)
P.S. Maybe it's not for exquisite noses ;))) but I love it, that's it...

To Deefit: for me the original Sport is too fresh and not serious, and this one became more intelligent ! IMHO :)

Deefit
Deefit

I dislike this one. To me it's too much like the original Dior Homme. I liked the original formulation of this scent much better.

hoangvu92
hoangvu92

Anyone knows where I can get this?

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I would have to go with the current formulation.
The new DHS is far better than the old one. Citrusy, powdery and the smell is just great. Staying power is great. Lasts all day!

Jamspan
Jamspan

There is an aquatic stage in DHS 2008 that I did not care for (as I dislike aquatic scents). Does DHS 2012 smell aquatic at all?

Edit:

THIS is the formulation to get if the original was too aquatic for you(as it was for me). Zero aquatic notes!

rodolfo
rodolfo

I don't remember how the old version smells, but this new one smells fantastic!

Projection sucks, though!
I tested it in cool and really hot days, but nobody could smell it.

That's a shame! I really wanted this one, but if I buy it, I'll feel like throwing money away because of its poor projection.

UPDATE:

I gave my sample a final wearing, during the day, and I couldn't detect it after 1 hour, but other people could smell me after 4 hours, so I guess it projects better than I thought, during daytime.
I'm really tempted to buy it now :)

requiemforasmell
requiemforasmell

Beautiful fragrance, better than the original. The added iris and the smoother overall citrus make an incredibly well balanced fragrance.

brave_kid
brave_kid

Lemon and ginger..beutiful duo that all my friend love when i wear this perfume..they said, it is very masculine, sporty, and fresh..

For me, the top note is very lemonish..just to much lemon..but since my friends like it, then its ok..

the longetivity is good..but when it comes to 5 hours, it close to skin scent..

Camila_1712
Camila_1712

to josevancouver: Yes, we love it!♥ This fragrance is perfect for hot days here in Brazil. Elegance, freshness and the power of Dior in a fragrance.

josevancouver

Dior Homme 2012 is, along with Creed Aventus, my 'go-to' fragrances in the spring/summer (I'm thinking of wearing this in the fall too).

The reformulation of Sport and the addition of iris makes this fragrance far more sophisticated and complex than the citrus/ginger blast that I got from the original. Women love this fragrance too.

mn24viii
mn24viii

My favorite for hot summer days! Sophisticated, classy! Not as harsh as ADG or L'eau d'Issey.

UPDATE: Yesterday was a sunny winter day. As I needed a break from all those heavy, sweet fall/winter scents, I took the chance and wore DHS after months of no use. Two sprays in the morning. In the evening I were at the movies and still got wafts of DHS. Excellent longevity!

etokatlian
etokatlian

This stuff is SO GOOD. I have the original, and just recently got this; it is WAY more versatile and smoother than the original. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a huge fan of the original 2008 version, but this one is better by a long shot. It's so classy, and yet can be worn casually as well. This has got to be one of my favorite scents ever.

frangellan
frangellan

Nice, powdery, iris infused, classy lemon scent. The older one was a bit heavier on the ginger and grapefruit, and I think had slightly better projection. I was surprised that after an hour or so this stayed pretty close to the skin, so I could see why some people would like the older one. But I do prefer this one as it is a little more subdued and classy while still maintaining that refreshing ginger-citrus note.

matiassantafe

In addition to my review from August the 1st.: Today (or yesterday) I made a comparison between 2008 and 2012 formulas on paper by applying 3 sprays of both versions on different paper strips and leaving them in the same room too keep the environment and separated by enough distance in order to avoid the mixture of scents.
Obviously, the difference is noticeable on the top notes: The dry and powdery iris in 2012, and the natural and blasting lemon from 2008. In about 15 minutes -towards the heart notes- the difference is harder to find. The incredibly natural citrus breeze of ginger and lemon of 2008 which some people seems to yearn no longer exists -or is just about to disappear- in the original formula. Now I can smell a drier ginger with a green background in DHS2008 and a lightly sweet floral background in DHS2012 -but I dare you to recognize the formula on someone by your side.
By the time I write this review 10 hours have passed and is pretty hard to find a difference. Only by smelling briefly one sample, giving your nose a rest, and smelling the other one, you'll be able to find the difference. For if you keep sniffing for a while you'll get filled with the woody base and you'll miss again that "dry vs. floral" duel.
The intensity of both fragrances is the same. So according to my experience there's nothing to worry about the reformulation. Even though I personally like it.
Of course I'm expecting the reviews of trained noses, I'm just a fragrances fan and have no olfactory skills.

deki
deki

great

andrelegnani
andrelegnani

I just tried the new version yesterday and I cannot say what I think actually.
It's different form the old version in my opinion..only the drydown is slightly similar.

I think I liked the old one better. I love the lemon opening and I can smell the ginger and the drydown was divine and long lasting.

New version is not warm like the old one and it smells like..well..fragrance...while the old one smelled like the real thing. Like you have been cooking something made of lemon and and ginger and you had the smell of them in your hands. And lasting power is not long like old one at all.

New version surely is much more similar to the original Dior Homme, but I think they're too similar in a way now. I don't see why someone would like two iris perfumes that smell almost the same now.

I guess I'll just have to save my almost ending bottle of the old formula of DHS. And switch to Azzarro Chrome Sport for the lemon fix.
Sad sad sad.

periquito89

It passed three hours now, and I get here a base hardly recognizable of DHS 2012, while the original DHS is here, in my other arm, with that caracteristic base still mixed with the citrus, much more long lasting. Ok that DHS may be a bit strong on the Lemon specially in the opening, and my fiancé always say lemon when I put it on, but I used to like, and I like more now, compared to the new. Smelling both, DHS original kicks DHS 2012 in the ... But I can not say I don't like the new. I like the whole line of Dior Homme, and don't mind at all the lipstick thing (yes yes, I know what I've said ... that I smell something feminine on Antaeus what was a negative critic). This is not the same, not as bright as the first one, but I like it anyway. A little less though.

matiassantafe

When the girl at the perfume store showed me DHS'12, it was the 3rd or 4th fragance I was trying. That very moment, with the mixture of smells in nose and memory I found it a bit boring. Missing the citrus blast of the original formula and finding the powdery smell of iris like something unnecessary I decided to forget about it.
In a second visit I asked for a blotter (of this perfume and D&G The One Sport) and took it home for a better examination: This time I found it much more interesting than the first one. Maybe its OK to set the ginger-lemon top note a bit lower, although we personally like it, some people could find it intrusive. The projection is not quite impressive -just like the 2008 formula- but is OK and lasting power seems to be very right, at least on paper (I'm sniffing at the blotter right now, five days after I got it) . Finally, the iris note seems to be a good addition. It turns the fragrance much more captivating and its powder gives DHS a velvet aura that suits really nice and approaches this perfume to its parent Dior Homme.
Making it short -too late-: If then it was nice, now is attractive.

Rodney2012
Rodney2012

For truongminh89.

* The old edition of Dior Homme Sport has a red line around the box, and the board which has "Dior" is black.

* The new edition of Dior Homme Sport 2012 has a silver lining around the box, and the board where you have "Dior" is also silver.

* Viewing the bottle, the old edition of Dior Sport is yellowish.

* Viewing the bottle, the new edition of Dior Sport 2012 is colored orange.

ckman2011

الثبات : جيده جدا
السعر : غالي حبتين

garett
garett

I do love the original 2008 released dhs , not this one too much.This doesnot last long though it is very unique , the powdery iris aura towards the dry down is ok.I wish the original one was not discontinued as i almost found my signature scent.So this means my quest for signature scent continues.
I give the new one 7/10. A.O.K frag.It is just very close to the skin , light breeze fragrance.

truongminh89
truongminh89

How to know the 2012 and older edition ?

gavila
gavila

I think Dior involved the original Dior Homme Sport scent in lots of ginger -I like ginger but like in the kitchen a little bit is necessary- , it smells like new newspaper, after two hours the Original Dior Homme Sport can be smelled. For now I'll look for the original DHS for keeping it :p

Linden
Linden

The new version is definitely softer-lacking the vibrant ginger, and more elegant, also more versatile. Not being a major fan of iris, I must say it's quite nice in this composition. The scent is still very fresh and cool, and a bit more complex than before. I do however, miss the tangy quality and the intensity and lasting power of the original. The current scent reminds me of the citrus opening of LL L'eau au Masculin.

manofscents
manofscents

This is just a more refined version of the original. if you really want to get down to the difference, there isn't much. It's like adding a penny to your bank account, does it really make a huge difference? no, but hey. like the person said early if ain't broke don't fix it. if you have the original save your money, honeslty. Both are great fragrances then again they're practically the same.

josevancouver

Having owned a bottle of Dior Homme Sport, I was quite happy with the original formulation. The initiail blast of citrus and ginger made this a nice summer fragrance.

Then I bought the 2012 formulation.

I like this one better. While I liked the original version, the addition of iris and the more subtle citrus/ginger gives this fragrance less of a fresh/citrus scent and more of a 'refined' fragrance. It's great and I think I have one of my main scents for this summer. I'll still wear my other scents (Versace Eau Fraiche, Paco Rabanne Black XS L'exces) in the spring/summer but this will be a very nice addition and an upgrade on the 2008 Dior Homme Sport.

I do like the addition of iris to this fragrance. It's also not overdone (I'm not a big fan of Dior Homme original or reformulated because I feel the iris is too much) but really adds something to this fragrance which gives it a more elegant feel.

bet85
bet85

I liked the old formulation because of its blast of lemon and ginger however it wasnt true to the dior homme line. The new formulation is much better, if you love original dior Homme with iris. This can now be my signature scent for spring and summer, dior homme for fall and winter. Dior finally did a good formulation. I get better longevity with the new formulation. Not as much in the projection as compared to the old DHS. Still you are not missing much if you loved the old formulation because they are almost identical.

vigi1891
vigi1891

They don't sell the Dior Homme Sport 2008 anymore, so I don't have a clue how that one smells

The reformulation one smells classy and elegant, but doesn't give the sporty essence the old one supposedly gave.

For those who have sampled both of them, which one would you suggest?

frogman
frogman

I agree that this version is better than the original. It feels more classy and expensive. Best fresh scent for 2012 so far.

simon.tang1
simon.tang1

Just been released in John Lewis UK

Alphonse
Alphonse

Even though I hated it at first, I found it very elegant to wear and very mature. It is well balanced. i give it 8.5 /10

Arvydas
Arvydas

It's better than the first edition, more elegant and rich. Good summer scent.

biggerm82
biggerm82

As soon as I saw they were adding iris to Dior Homme Sport, I knew I was going to get this right away. I purchased it as soon as I found it and received it yesterday. Everything has been improved in my opinion. Even the box looks classier. Instead of off white, it's bright white and the label square is silver (instead of black, like it was). The completed bottle no longer shows the sprayer when the cap is on, like Dior Homme and the Intense variation, so they look even better next to each other on a shelf (if you care about that kind of thing). There is a red ring on the base of the sprayer, that you CAN see when the cap is on, setting itself apart and the sprayer itself is now silver (instead of black) and the little nozzle is still red as well. Big changes in presentation. But on to what matters, the juice inside.

You spray it, you will right away get the old DHS, however the ginger shines more than the lemon did. You can definitely smell the iris up front, but you have to be looking for it. In the mid, the iris takes a back seat and the citrus kicks back up to par with the original Dior Homme Sport and shines right along with the ginger. In the dry-down, I can notice the cedar more than I used to, the iris is making it smoother/creamier, but it does not play a role anywhere near like it does in the original. I really think this could not have been done any better. If you liked the original, nothing is missing or even been tampered with, just perfected. If you always wanted this fragrance to have iris in it, you got enough to entertain you, without it being the dominating force of the fragrance. Well done!

Longevity - 6-7 hours
Projection - 7/10

DC-8
DC-8

Haven't tried it before, so I can't judge it seriously, but based on the others' comments and according to my own feelings, it sounds like that on behalf of Eau Sauvage Parfum, Dior has planned to shift Homme Sport, towards the original Homme, so it does not interfere with the lime notes, which represents Eau Sauvage family.

Based on the hits that Mr. Demachy has released, they always have been impeccibly divine and nose-stroking and I have no doubt that this one too definitely has to be one amazing thing. But... whatever the new version is, I highly believe that it's a really really big pity (can't stress enough) that original version has gone in favor of the new one. The old one was one memorable thing that had no rivals, no replacements. All its joy was the sour unique rare base notes with such a great longevity. A long-lasting sour frag is really a hard thing to make and find, while Dior has disappointed us.

Sad, real sad that Dior made this decision. I hope one day, they resume producing the old one. :-(

To me, it stood the the one and only real "SPORT" plaform. I own Chanel Allure Sport, Allure Sport Cologne and Guerlain Habit Rouge Sport. All are great indeed, but nothing is really sport and energetic like original DHS.

Maybe it's time that we all gather and vote for original version, so Dior restarts producing the old one, while the new one too is being released for its own fans. How come they produce all Eau Sauvage and Fahrenheit variants, but not this one??!

Such a mismatch (if not saying a CONTRADICTION!): Being powdery, while being sport??! How come???????!!!!!!! Think twice, Dior! We do expect much more, from a respective line like you!

Sounds like that Chanel too has done the same attitude as of Dior, to its fame, Allure Homme Sport: Powdery and more sensual... They already have their own sensual ones as well and I wonder why they started playing with sport lines... :-(

AntonyMcCracken
AntonyMcCracken

First, I have to say I don´t know the original version of "dior homme sport", so I can´t compare the two. When I first smelled it I didn´t like it so much. It was to much "citrus" for me and nothing else, but that should change completely. When I bought a bottle of D&Gs "The One" I got a free sample of it. So I tested it. And to my surprise, I got addicted to this scent. The citric and ginger beginning is just perfect for spring and summer, but that´s not all. After about an hour, but also from the beginning, the iris gives it a wonderful sensual and above all, a relaxing vibe. There is so much harmony in there! but still stays fresh with the ginger still there, thats what I really love. And then comes the cedar, which stayed days in my shirt which is great. The cedar gives it a masculine and fresh touch. Overall, after testing a lot of scents during the last month, I have to say I have found "my scent". And, I really feel sexy when wearing it. I love it.

gusbac
gusbac

Being a fan of the original DHS, I was apprehensive about trying the newer formulation.
Like others have said, the addition of iris is the most striking difference and it's soft but noticeable through most of the life of the scent.
The lemony citron and ginger top notes are way softer and more powdery than before. On my skin the citrus goes away first, while the ginger lingers on with the iris. Hours later, the drydown is not all that different from the original. My overall impression is of a sweeter, powdery (almost candylike ?) vibe, but still very classy.
Longevity and projection seem quite a bit lighter in this version to me, which is not necessarily a bad thing as it could allow one to apply more to adjust its strength as needed.
All in all, it’s different from the original but still an appealing scent that warrants usage on warm spring / summer days as well as office / casual wear indoors. Not quite sure yet how it would sit on a real scorcher of a day?
I think I’d love it if they tweaked the lost ginger and lemon notes back up slightly to recall more of the old formula.
Overall 7/10 (a solid 8 if the projection were better)

happytime
happytime

Absolute winner,dior played it right thanks to the iris note as it gives the perfume a warm heart character plus extreme elegance.The citrus was tuned off a little bit and thw woody chracter have been enhanced with cedar,dior delivered the main component behind their success in original dior homme which was the iris note and let it play a true symphony in dior homme sport 2012,well done dior

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Windex Sport

vdxl
vdxl

Generally, I disagree to reformulation of a known fragrance: Dior Homme Sport 2008 is an outstanding sport fragrance, with amazing sillage and longevity ( even though I do not love it on my skin). But this reformulation is more oriented towards the iris, it has an amazing smoothness: it is a flanker that is highly related to both Dior Homme and Intense and, while it does have some sillage issues, it is great. A flanker should be in spirit with the original release, enhance a certain facet and be more or less suitable for specific occasions ( that is sports). An A+ to Francois Demachy. Actually, he did very well for Aqua Fahrenheit( it lasts for ages- even better than Absolute and Classic).

Mrhviid
Mrhviid

So Im (another) one of those who thinks sport fragrances are stupid. Well, earlier this week I went to look around at my local fragrance pusher and I decided (for the 10.000 time) to pick this up and give it a sniff - just for the hell of it.

WTF...!?!?!?

I remember it being citrusy and lemony and gingery and really nothing else. So what on EARTH was going on here I thought?!?!

I could smell a nice subtle, but still present, iris in there, instantly establishing its relationship to the DH and DHI while at the same time seperating it from the mainstream sport fragrances (which seems to just be about citrus with lemon and a bit more citrus... and a bit more lemon. Did i say lemon... and citrus? :-p)

So, to me, some citrus, ginger and iris. All easily detected on a warm base (the cedar). I instantly loved it so I bought it on the spot. Cant wait to rock it this summer... :o)

In short...

Smell: 9/10
Longevity: 7/10 (above average for me. Its detectable on my skin for a good 4-6 hours in colder weather and easily 6+ in warm weather)

I LOVE THIS REFORMULATION! :o)

ZELJO
ZELJO

acceptable little citric fragance, but probably one would expect more from Dior...

bwcw81
bwcw81

A light and a very sporty fragrance, a relatively good summer fragrance too. It started with lemon citrus fresh scent, turn to floral scent minutes later and then lighter green scent with slight peppery scent as base note. Unlike the original Homme edition, this one does not project any potent powdery or sweetness, but quite linear citrus greenish scent. Projection is okay, slightly weaker compare the original one. Longevity is okay, 4 hours on me in a sunny day.

Overall this a safe choice and non offensive scent, light and summery fragrance. 7/10 from me.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Summer is always a dreaded time in the perfume field for me, for starters, since am always into intense/bold/strong fragrances, and these cant be put on with the thermometer hitting above 20°C. Secondly because of the surging number of new flankers of perfumes, or so called "Summer" variations that usually dont really help much. I think I´ll just stay to my safe option of "Chanel Allure Homme Sport" or wait, there´s also a flanker of this already comin out this summer, F**K. Serious this sucks big time. Anyway, the least one can do is maybe just try them. Maybe someone came up with somethin mindbreaking, doubt that though. Will be trying this though.

TK421
TK421

First of all I really love the original Dior Homme Sport.

I did not think I would like this, based solely on the fact that I do not see any reason what so ever to reformulate a thing as good as the original Dior Homme Sport. But dang!!! Boy this is smells really really good. Just don't think of it as a sport fragrance, I even think the original was not really a sport fragrance at all.

This is a really nice mix between Dior Homme and Dior Homme Sport. To me it is a very nice fresh, stylish and classy scent. The mood in the commercial with mr. Jude Law at the Reviera fits it very well. It almost feels like when you wear this and a suit and tie you wear the suit with the fragrance and not the other way around. I plan on going on a vacation to the south of Europe this summer and I am definately bringing this along.

Basically I think the key to this fragrance is to ignore the name on this classy bottle and see it as something completely other than a reformulation of Dior Homme Sport.

Just see it as a new classy fragrance from Dior.

Sultan
Sultan

Even If I truly dislike the first edition of Homme Sport, the new version is even worse. The fragrance is is not interesting, not new, nothing special. why?

Heverton
Heverton

All these new diors reformulations are all about ownership and this new dior sport is probably the same thing.
In the past the formula of these fragrances were not in the hands of the LVHM group (which is the group who owns Dior) but in the hands of labs.

Dior was only providing the essential oils while the lab was mixing the ingredients and was the one with the formula. Now when LVHM hired François Demachy as head of olfactory development for the group they can alter the formulas of these products and claim the ownership of the formula in a totally legal way once a formula is altered, it becomes a totally different product even if the smell stays almost the same.

LVMH owns everything but the original formula and can therefore put whatever it pleases in the bottles under the name and packaging to which it owns the copyright.
It is all about business strategy...

Dior Homme Sport 2012 by Christian Dior 4.33 out of 5 based on 685 ratings and 156 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dior Homme Sport 2012 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dior Homme Sport 2012, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Homme Sport 2012 by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Homme Sport 2012 by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.