Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Dior Homme Sport 2017 Christian Dior for men

Dior Homme Sport 2017 Christian Dior for men
dislike

Dior Homme Sport 2017 Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Sport 2017 Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Sport 2017 Christian Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Sport 2017 Christian Dior for men Pictures

The first version of Dior Homme Sport fragrance came out in 2008. The reformulation of Dior Homme Sport from 2012, made as a more elegant and powdery variation, is replaced by this new edition in February 2017. Dior Homme Sport "rediscovers itself" like a scent of "urban, sophisticated and sexy nonchalance," guided by the idea of a fast and dynamic lifestyle.

Dior's in-house perfumer Francois Demachy created all the previous versions of this fragrance. The new version is created with the addition of "extreme" fruits, "explosive" notes, spices, herbs and woods. Citrus accords of lemon, blood orange and grapefruit open the composition. The spicy heart includes notes of pink pepper and nutmeg, lying on the woody base of sandalwood and vetiver.

The bottle was also renovated with a softer color of liquid and a more "refined" packaging. The face of the advertising campaign is actor Robert Pattinson, and the motto is "Life is a Playground."

The fragrance is available as a 50, 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette.

Grapefruit Blood Orange Lemon

Pink Pepper Nutmeg

Vetiver Sandalwood

Dior Homme Sport 2012

Dior Homme Sport 2017 Fragrance Reviews

Onajbosanac
Onajbosanac

Bought a bottle of this today at macys and wow great stuff from Dior! So glad to add this to my collection! Well worth the wait imo. Possibly my signature scent for summer

tripleinc_official
tripleinc_official

This is 80% similar to the 2012 formulation, however it's more masculine with a sharper sportier edge.

Performance is surprisingly good, 6-8 hours longevity and I think it will become a big hit this year!

Yslmatt

@huracraft . I don't like ginger much ! I think I'm going go with the new one !

@Yslmatt

It's subjective. I like 2017 dior sport better, dislike 2012 because of ginger. I don't like ginger.. it gave me headache.

This one is fresh and citrusy versatile has a fruity nuance too.

Test for yourself, maybe you like this better than 2012 one.

HurACraft-
Should I buy the new 2017 one or the 2012 version ?or the new one just came out .

@Yslmatt

Its BEAUTIFUL. Somewhat generic but smells good and not synthetic. I can see it being a compliment magnet.

Yslmatt

Give this Dior sport a chance ! It just came out . I ordered it today at Macy's . The last one garnered me so many compliments !

Martin__
Martin__

This is a very nice and well blended fragrance although it's unfortunately generic as hell.

François Demachy is the nose behind Acqua di Parma Intensa and Dior Homme Sport 2017 is nothing else but a totally rip-off, an absolute copycat of that fragrance.

Starts off with a cologne-ish beautiful citrus mix. It lasts few (4-5) hours or so and starts drying down to a woody-resinous background.

A total longevity of this is about 8 hours and sillage is quite poor.

Very good fragrance but I'm pretty dissapointed.

yasser.bouaichi
yasser.bouaichi

90% Dior Homme Sport 2012
10% a new fruity note (probably the blood orange) that replaces ginger.

Scent 9/10
Performance 9/10

Cylob
Cylob

I really miss the powdery iris here, which is for me the most important note in any of the Homme series.
Definitely warmer, less sparkling and less citrusy than the 2012 version. Therefore a perfect scent for all-season office wear.

HurAcraft

Received my 75 ML bottle today, heavily discounted at 41 bucks.

Citrus slightly sweet aromatic fragrance with an earthy undertone (vetiver?). Suppose it's slightly spicy too but wouldn't describe it as such. I can see this scent getting compliments, its very bright and uplifting.

Nothing wow but it's smooth and good imo. Better than dior sauvage for me, even though its not the same genre... both are fresher smells.

Longevity seems moderate... I'd say good for a citrus scent. But it seems to sit close to the skin, projects maybe at the beginning for an hour or two.

I like it alot more than the 2012 version, which was headache inducing and piercing. The ginger + iris.. burning and piercing my nostrils. No such thing with this scent, nice aromatic slightly sweet citrus. The lack of iris in here to me is beneficial. Mind you im not a fan of iris or ginger. I don't really see why you'd want iris in a "sport" fragrance either.

The sleeker and elongated bottle designs are a minor plus, easier to grip and hold compared to the fatter previous bottles from the dior homme/dior homme sport line.

At the price I got it for this is a bargain and a winner.

Knows2Nose
Knows2Nose

This looks remarkeably similar tto dior homme cologne 2013 now that it has no more iris. They should have called that one sport instead, this was never really meant to be a sport, since putting iris in a sport version was so different. IMO thry should have left the iris in it, its the Dior Homme DNA! Oh well cant knock it till i try it, lets see how it smells

arsenal01
arsenal01

you cant make them happy..first its about "oh another redundant flanker"...now theyre complaining about not making it redundant?

simpa256

What pisses me about Dior is that they completely change the frag. Not how reformulations work, cuz they are restricted by using some ingredients, or they water down. No, Dior, completely changes the composition to the point that it has no similarity to the previous. Why the hell don't they label this 2017 so ppl can see. And keep 2012 for those who love it. Obviously they are getting a new frag to the marked. Why name it the same and confuse ppl completely. Someone who got 2012 won't know about 2017 and will think... wtf is this? It's not even remotely the same smell. Did I get a fake or what? Not everyone reads comments about frag reformulations and changes.

Now, I didn't like 2012 that much but there are a huuuge fan base that does. And why screw that for them? Why not leave 2-3 versions of the same frag? Okay, limit it's production but keep it going. I never liked Dior. I got Sauvage and I am planing on getting Cologne and maybe this one. But if they keep changing frags like this, even Sauvage... then fuck them. Thank god Sauvage is so synthetic, and easy to copy so others have very similar alternatives.

Carles
Carles

WTF is this? Where is the ginger and the cedar that makes DH Sport what it is? I better stock up on the 2012 version, which is the one I've liked the most. The 2008 was far too citrusy, and I don't expect this to smell anything like DH.

antonpan

There are 75 ml and 125 ml that didn't exist for 2012 version. As for 50 ml the outer box is beige in colour and larger in size.

the_badger
the_badger

How do I know it is a 2017 bottle? What batch numbers should I look for?

antonpan

Tried the 2017 version several times and as a verdict it smells closer to 2008's than to 2012's. No iris here. However, all the bright and potent "lemony" parts of 2008 have been muted, and now the scent from the beginning smells as 2008 in the dry down. The new version stays close to skin. Not sweet, though, being less citrusy, it has become woodier, more synthetic.

simpa256

I simply love grapefruit and lemon with pink pepper. It has such an invigorating and lasting vibe. love the light vetiver dry down when it's not pronounced but there. And it will be interesting to see the orange with sweet nutmeg. I usually don't like any orange in fragrance because they are mostly not well done. But since this is Dior, I am expecting a top notch quality of the blood orange note. This will be very interesting and could become to be the most famous fresh frag from Dior. Maybe even better than Sauvage. I hink there is enough Irirs in rest of their frags so this one doesn't have to be and given the success of non iris Sauvage... I can see where this is coming from and where they want it to go. A more natural fruity and refined Sauvage.

@ TheGoodfellaANDSmeller
Wow, that is great. I think it is already available in Russia. Unfortunately I will have to wait longer to try this.

Mikeyb50
Mikeyb50

I have the 2012 and still have some of my 2008 and enjoy both of them still, and side by side there are subtle differences the introduction of Iris in 2012. Its interesting that they have dropped the 100ml size and gone with 125ml in the new 2017 version maybe a sign that it will be weaker in performance who knows. I will still look forward to sampling this when it arrives.

TheGoodfellaANDSmeller
TheGoodfellaANDSmeller

@siraog will be aviable in february in germany from what i heard

siraog

I went to Debenhams to check it and the lady said it will arrive our store around April or May. I have the 2012 version and love it. I hope I will love this more.

edit: It will arrive in April.

MgrSteph
MgrSteph

A Dior Homme Sport without ginger and cedar? Hum. I really hope this is the last version of DHS and after that they go back to the 2008 version, I had a 50ml of this one and it is in my top 5 fragrances ever. I really don't know why they have to change something that already proved to be a winner. Still gonna try this one when it's released.

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

Can't wait for this to come out so I can pick it up at a discounter 6 months later. Will buy the smallest bottle till then. Notes looks great love blood orange and sandalwood.

beibinis
beibinis

Hope this will be similiar to vintage version (without iris note) - ginger and lemon. Really excited, did not like the iris dior homme sport version.

JanneMan45
JanneMan45

Can't talk about the smell yet.

Maybe will it also be available in the 200 ml bottles, since the bottles are the same sizes and shape as the Dior Cologne 2013 line?

Edit: 5 feb 2017
I tried it yesterday, I like the 2012 version with the ginger better than the 2017 version with Grapefruit/Blood Orange.

edge42
edge42

I've got to go against the grain here and say that I like what Dior is doing with Homme Sport and the new iterations, keeps things fresh and each iteration has arguably been as good as the last. Many fans of each one, and I expect the same for the new 2017 version.

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

Dior Homme Sport 3? Dior getting into the movie business? Surely this must be a bad joke, but apparently Demachy has a love of unnecessary sequels. The current incarnation of this fragrance is decent, but the original formula was far superior - the combination of the bright citrus and the piquant ginger was a simple revelation.

Who knows what this new incarnation will bring? That said, Dior has lost the narrative on the Dior Homme line. Time to choose some new names for these "new" fragrances...

@dragonfruit2015

The first Dior Homme Sport had no lipstick vibe at all, there was no iris note in it. It was a gorgeous citrus, ginger elegancy without powderiness.

Endymion

OMG! NOT another Dior Homme Sport version!!!
Is this the 3rd incarnation of this fragrance?
At Dior they are out of their minds or what?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dior Homme Sport 2017 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dior Homme Sport 2017, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Homme Sport 2017 by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Homme Sport 2017 by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.