Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Dior Star Christian Dior for women

Dior Star Christian Dior for women
dislike

Dior Star Christian Dior for women Pictures Dior Star Christian Dior for women Pictures Dior Star Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior Star by Christian Dior is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Dior Star was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Beatrice Piquet. Top notes are mandarin orange, petitgrain and bergamot; middle notes are peony and honeysuckle; base notes are almond and musk.

Mandarin Orange Petitgrain Bergamot

Peony Honeysuckle

Almond Musk

Dior Star Fragrance Reviews

9154mf
9154mf

Something about this scent makes me happy. It smells very unique and is a great summery scent without being typically oceanic or citrus. It's like a sexy summer scent with a nutty? Type feel but there's something else I can't describe. It's just great I love it.

Dior Star is quite simple and fresh. It surprises me. My experience with Dior is that the scents are usually rather complex. I find Dior Star charming in its simplicity. It opens with a burst of bergamot, which is the prevalent note throughout wear. There are subtle hints of florals in the mix. This never has a trace of bitterness, as sometimes bergamot can become on me. It remains fresh, mildly floral, and citrusy. There is nothing heavy or sharp to drag down this fragrance. Although the scent is fairly soft, it lingers for hours longer than I thought it would. I wonder if this was a limited edition. I have not seen this anywhere in years. Overall, this is a great scent to wear in spring or summer.

chaosist
chaosist

Impulsive buy, but what a pleasant one. Crispy, citric floral with metallic coolness similar to Moschino Couture's.

I've been craving lately for a crispy sour perfume, walking around some chypres but wasn't really sure about any of them. And then today, I went to a mall for boots and stopped by a small perfume counter (I do that out of my usual perfumaholic curiosity, to see if there is something rare and forgotten, fallen out of the popular tastes of people. Actually there is a big chance of finding some really unique and discontinued stuff here (Kazakhstan, Almaty) for really low price! Paco Rabanne XS Extreme full bottles for $20 here and there..)

Anyways. While I was scanning the shelves, sales lady started offering me various scents. As I tested D&G Sicily and Escada Jardin du Soleil, she offered me to try a Dior perfume in a really cheap looking box. What, a Dior with no perfume name, just a photo of a model on the box? My first thought: is it fake? is it from 98 or something? But then suddenly I was in a green garden with blooming peonies and jasmines, cool air of an early spring morning.. And I just had to take it home with me :)

Maybe a little too much citrus dose in the beginning, maybe with no honeysuckle and less almond it would be even more perfect for me, but I love it as it is. In the beginning Star is really loud and green, but don't let it scare you off if you meet this pretty thing. Petit grain is really delicious and almond adds that bitter-sweet powder to balance the shaprness of citruses. And honeysuckle - well, I usually hate it, but here it brings that soft femininity to composition. Peony is tricky in this one, sometimes it pretends to be a lily of the valley, sometimes it is a white soapy flower. The fragrance transforms from green sharp blast into a smoother powdery-er one pretty fast, it also gets a bit warmer during its development, but generally Dior Star is a cool sourish citrus-floral. It has almost metallic freshness to it, similar to that Moschino Couture has. I'm going to wear it this winter and early spring maybe, because I feel this little Star may turn cranky and overly sweet in a warmer weather. Give it a try, if you miss discontinued Moschino Couture ;)

ohshea
ohshea

My mom bought me this as a random i love you gift, and the box and packaging and bottle are so cheap amd tacky looking i thought this was a fake until i saw the nordstrom proof of purchase sticker on box wrapping. Anyway, this scent is nothing remarkable. Its light, airy, citrus and green. Good for summer. Good for teenagers, looks like what dior was aiming at here. Decent sillage and wear.

ditaa
ditaa

I am so happy, that I had a chance to buy full bottle of this beautiful scent.
Well, again- English is not my native language so I need to think how to describe this scent…
Summer is in the air! Yes it is fresh peony with almond. It is a very good harmony , because it is not too spicy or very citrus, not so sweet, just a real fresh floral fruity scent. it’s real peony On my skin and later maybe a little bit of almond left, but just a little bit, not very strong. I could say, that it is a very elegant perfume and I will use it in the evenings too. Again: nice peony nice almond J
Good longevity and good sillage.

katyas
katyas

EDIT: After using it a few times, I've really fallen in love with it - the petit grain scent is one that works really well for me and that's what started coming through after awhile. The first time I smelled it I didn't care for it, but it grew on me and now I love it! Already bought another bottle so I won't run out :-) Amazing how these things can grow on you, isn't it? I've left my full, original review below for completeness.

My mother-in-law got me a bottle of this for my birthday - I've been surfing around making sure it really is this, because my bottle has a "CD" sticker pasted over the star on the bottle. Weird. Anyway, I'm still deciding whether I like it or not - the first spray of the scent is bright and almost citrusy - I suppose that is the mandarin orange and bergamot - but unfortunately that doesn't last long and then it turns soapy and powdery. Luckily that doesn't last long, either and the dry-down turns to a nice, soft floral scent. That will last an hour or so, then the dry-down gets really powdery and a touch sweeter - I suppose that is the almond. I would say ... it's not bad. It's not going to be a huge favorite that I will have to replace once it is gone, but it's not bad.

HelloLovely27

the more i smell this the less herbal smelling it was and the more it became soft and sweet. More then sweet almond milk then hash citrus musk and intense herbal smells i get right at the start x

HelloLovely27

i wish i could smell more honeysuckle and peony in this and less almond and petit grain. I think i am a floral lover myself though

Amanda79
Amanda79

Plastic and cheap scent. Petit grain, almond and slight honeysuckle are the only detectable notes. Alot like Cliniques rusty type smells.

Dior Star by Christian Dior 3.80 out of 5 based on 81 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dior Star fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dior Star, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Star by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Star by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.