Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Dior Star Christian Dior for women

Dior Star Christian Dior for women
dislike

Dior Star Christian Dior for women Pictures Dior Star Christian Dior for women Pictures Dior Star Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior Star by Christian Dior is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Dior Star was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Beatrice Piquet. Top notes are mandarin orange, petitgrain and bergamot; middle notes are peony and honeysuckle; base notes are almond and musk.

Mandarin Orange Petitgrain Bergamot

Peony Honeysuckle

Almond Musk

Dior Star Fragrance Reviews

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

I was expecting a "star" power perfume but this is a twinkling little star. It smells really soft and sweet with pink peony flowers, a bit of honeysuckle, some citrus and a hint of white musk. It's clean, soapy, really easy to wear. It's casual and something to wear to work every day or anywhere without making a statement. When it begins it smells like a man's aftershave because that bergamot orange is pretty sharp. Then it softens into a floral note of peony. There's almonds too but it's not a big player. This is just a very light fresh and cool perfume to wear on a hot day.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Star Christian Dior

Top Notes: Mandarin Orange Petit Grain Bergamot

Middle Notes: Peony Honeysuckle

Base Notes: Almond Musk

Fresh easy to wear citrusy floral. This was quite a surprise to me. I was expecting something more from Dior. It doesn't smell boring but it does have a lighter texture, a shorter performance and a kind of unusual structure. It wears like other perfumes not Dior. I can't quite make out what it smells like but I get the feeling I've smelled this before at Macy's. On me the honeysuckle was very prominent and that was nice since I rarely detect that much honeysuckle in other perfumes in my collection. The peony is soft and not as big a player as I would have liked it to have been. This is fresh with citrus and aromatic at the same time. Then it wears like an almond scented bar of soap. This is great to spritz on after a shower and to start your day. Light, inoffensive, casual. Is this really a Dior? LOL

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Bottled springtime !
I just bought it today, it is mid November, and I couldn't resist the smell of spring flowers. For some reason the bergamot and petit grain do not last very long. and after that , all that I smell are fresh peonies and honeysuckle. Not much musc either, and just a hint of almonds in the end, but too little to make it gourmand .
The opening silage is quite strong but the scent fades quickly , it isn't long lasting like the top notes seem to promise. The entire scent sparkles with youthfulness . I don't think it's smelling cheap or tacky in any way, it is just bursting with an exuberance one can only feel when nature is coming back to life after a long winter .
A clean floral, elegant , youthful and not sweet . Just fresh flowers in a crystal vase.

scratchnsniff29
scratchnsniff29

This doesn't go with my chemistry at all. On my skin it smells like old dirty flower water that has been sitting in the pot long after the flowers have died.

mmiched
mmiched

Just got a mini of this today with other Dior's. This one is so beautiful. Floral right in your face, then dries down to Honeysuckle, Almond blend! Strong but soft. It is a very bright scent and does not smell like anything else I have ever tested which is a good thing. Think I will splurge on the big bottle. This would be good on a sunny spring day!

9154mf
9154mf

Something about this scent makes me happy. It smells very unique and is a great summery scent without being typically oceanic or citrus. It's like a sexy summer scent with a nutty? Type feel but there's something else I can't describe. It's just great I love it.

Dior Star is quite simple and fresh. It surprises me. My experience with Dior is that the scents are usually rather complex. I find Dior Star charming in its simplicity. It opens with a burst of bergamot, which is the prevalent note throughout wear. There are subtle hints of florals in the mix. This never has a trace of bitterness, as sometimes bergamot can become on me. It remains fresh, mildly floral, and citrusy. There is nothing heavy or sharp to drag down this fragrance. Although the scent is fairly soft, it lingers for hours longer than I thought it would. I wonder if this was a limited edition. I have not seen this anywhere in years. Overall, this is a great scent to wear in spring or summer.

ohshea
ohshea

My mom bought me this as a random i love you gift, and the box and packaging and bottle are so cheap amd tacky looking i thought this was a fake until i saw the nordstrom proof of purchase sticker on box wrapping. Anyway, this scent is nothing remarkable. Its light, airy, citrus and green. Good for summer. Good for teenagers, looks like what dior was aiming at here. Decent sillage and wear.

ditaa
ditaa

I am so happy, that I had a chance to buy full bottle of this beautiful scent.
Well, again- English is not my native language so I need to think how to describe this scent…
Summer is in the air! Yes it is fresh peony with almond. It is a very good harmony , because it is not too spicy or very citrus, not so sweet, just a real fresh floral fruity scent. it’s real peony On my skin and later maybe a little bit of almond left, but just a little bit, not very strong. I could say, that it is a very elegant perfume and I will use it in the evenings too. Again: nice peony nice almond J
Good longevity and good sillage.

katyas
katyas

EDIT: After using it a few times, I've really fallen in love with it - the petit grain scent is one that works really well for me and that's what started coming through after awhile. The first time I smelled it I didn't care for it, but it grew on me and now I love it! Already bought another bottle so I won't run out :-) Amazing how these things can grow on you, isn't it? I've left my full, original review below for completeness.

My mother-in-law got me a bottle of this for my birthday - I've been surfing around making sure it really is this, because my bottle has a "CD" sticker pasted over the star on the bottle. Weird. Anyway, I'm still deciding whether I like it or not - the first spray of the scent is bright and almost citrusy - I suppose that is the mandarin orange and bergamot - but unfortunately that doesn't last long and then it turns soapy and powdery. Luckily that doesn't last long, either and the dry-down turns to a nice, soft floral scent. That will last an hour or so, then the dry-down gets really powdery and a touch sweeter - I suppose that is the almond. I would say ... it's not bad. It's not going to be a huge favorite that I will have to replace once it is gone, but it's not bad.

HelloLovely27

the more i smell this the less herbal smelling it was and the more it became soft and sweet. More then sweet almond milk then hash citrus musk and intense herbal smells i get right at the start x

HelloLovely27

i wish i could smell more honeysuckle and peony in this and less almond and petit grain. I think i am a floral lover myself though

Amanda79
Amanda79

Plastic and cheap scent. Petit grain, almond and slight honeysuckle are the only detectable notes. Alot like Cliniques rusty type smells.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dior Star fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dior Star, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Star by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Star by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.