Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Dune Christian Dior for men

Dune Christian Dior for men
dislike

I have it: 371 I had it: 310 I want it: 304 My signature: 15

Dune by Christian Dior is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Dune was launched in 1997. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Cresp. Top notes are cassis, fig leaf, basil and sage; middle notes are fig wood bark, mignonette and rose; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, vanilla and cedar.

Cassis Fig Leaf Basil Sage

Fig Wood Bark Mignonette Rose

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Vanilla Cedar

Armani Prive Figuier Eden
Eau D'Essence

Dune Fragrance Reviews

Gault
Gault

I used to wear this a lot before I tried a different version at a drugstore several years ago (the color of the box was brighter also).
It was similar but with more fruity opening and more importantly awfully weak (3-4 hours, barely projecting).
I cannot express how disappointed I was with this (and not my first favorite which suffered such a major change), so I try to save my old bottle, made in 2006.
I still have half the juice, I usually replace it with Ungaro Apparition PH, Bvlgari PH Soir or Versace Eau Fraiche.

8-10 hours of longevity and very good projection, probably it is(was) not the best aquatic fragrance but definitely one of the most unique one around, so far the only rose based scent I love.
Strangely it always was very underrated, not a widely known fragrance, but still a compliment getter.
Sometimes it seems barely noticeable, but its there with full power, beautiful dry sandalwood and rose mixed with aquatic notes, which create a dry but the same time green and aquatic feel, very bright.

It is rare that a designer fragrance can evoke images of different places, this one does that to me.
A beach, an oasis or a wildly overgrown abandoned garden in the heat after rain.
Because of these nuances and the quality why Dior takes the throne of designer fragrances in my opinion (no competition, at least in male fragrances).

Bbjr
Bbjr

@vintage dune fan, yes this has been reformulated. The boxes pretty much look the same but you can tell the vintage by the fact that it only shows 3 ingredients on the bottom of the box. Also, the bottle itself says eau de toilette whereas the reform does not.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This is a really nice day time scent for men, very citrus based but woody and spicy at the same time. I feel like I can't over spray on this one. Harder to find in Canada, but it's worth the search.

stanky
stanky

This is very spicy just like YSL Opium for men. It's suit those who are into spicy scents.

VintageDuneFan
VintageDuneFan

Hello everyone!

Does anybody know if Dune Pour Homme by Christian Dior has been reformulated?

My older brother got a bottle back in 2002 (which he shared with me without knowing it... He, he, he!): it was an amazingly gorgeous fragrance!! It lasted forever on my skin, with a powerful sillage. Many women used to ask me: "Wow! What fragrance are you wearing? You smell delicious!".

In fact, this fragrance inspired my nickname for this page, VintageDuneFan, because it used to be amazing!

I bought my own bottle in 2010, but the juice contained on it was highly disappointing. Dune Pour Homme became a common and weak citrus fragrance. Now it seems like a sort of Eau de Dune Summer Pour Homme or something. It has nothing to do with the original formula, which was a female compliments factory, such a wonderful olfactory elixir.

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

Wonderful beach, fig scent. One of the most underrated scents I've smelled in a long time. Don't overlook this one simply because it's been around a long time. Well worth the time and money. Happy Hunting.

clausa
clausa

This perfume is delicious, smooth with excellent class for summer projects very well with high temperatures smells creamy and end its scent is coconut cream for my taste pretty unisex

jf72
jf72

"Smells like Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, minus the creamy citrus." I'm absolutely no perfume connoisseur but it really annoys me when people make rubbish comparisons like this, there is no way somebody could compare these two fragrances, and people shouldn't get the wrong idea about fragrances here from reviews.

the first time I tried this I considered it a bit of a hidden gem because everyone has heard of Dior but nobody has heard of Dior Dune pour homme. it seemed really nice to me and lasted long on paper...now i've tried it on my skin...all I can say is I can see why people don't like fig fragrances!
there are some nice notes in here but something in it just smells rancid...

@torres71

I think my nose is far better than those who write reviews like 'nothing special', 'the smells of God', 'i don't understand why people like this fragrance' etc. I'd say whoever write such reviews, not only has disfunctional olfactory sense, but also lacking all the vocabulary, let alone to describe a fragrance.

Who are you to offend others?

Amparo Noir

Smells like Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, minus the creamy citrus.

abcmore
abcmore

had to edit my review. When I first tested this on paper just did not like it.
Well, I tested again today on my skin and I like it, is clean , fig, citrusy smell to me, soft, and pleasant, very good warm weather scent.
I gues some perfumes react differently between paper and skin.

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

I gifted this to my husband a few days ago.
He needed a new summer scent, and was going to pick up a cheapie or a body spray just to get through the summer months.
I felt he deserved something very nice, and very special, so based on reviews, and that Dior and Dune are classic and revered, I went with Dune.
No, it is not the usual watery sweet so called aquatic. Not generic in the least.
Very classy, casual, natural.
Comes off a tad sweet initially, but not so much so. A bit of herb, spice, mixed with dry floral and fruit, woody , clean sand and sunshine fresh.
Fresh without added citrus or minty mint... must be the sage and basil . It does not scream Green however.
It is blended exceptionally well.
On him, it`s masculine and sexy, but not overwhelming in any way.
I want to forever lean in to experience.
It is a complement even to his physical appearance - golden brown (I call him my Butterscotch) skin tone, clean shaven head and face, a broad, strong, and mature man.
He will not smell as a teen, a very young man, or of a common, redone, overdone scent.
I cannot think of anyone I have encountered lately wearing a similar scent, so this will be associated only with him.
I think this will go over well for him during the muggy humid Michigan summer since it gives off an arid sandy dryness.
He has taken a liking to outdoor activities, and I believe this is perfect for being outside, and also for any event summertime might bring.
Sillage is 6/10
Longevity so far about 10+ hours

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Classy, unique, quality, glorious, natural, man smell. Dune I want u

toto453
toto453

Fine vanillia/iode scent. Like walking along the sea. High quality scent. Only gies me headache but good scent.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Bought this amazing fragrance today. The tester cost me $55, a bargain compared to the normal retail price. Such a beatiful fragrance, elegant in any way. An absolute 10!!

vw
vw

Nice fragrance for all gentlemen.
No other comment is needed!

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

This fragrance has such a wonderful fig note. I can't help but think of fragrances like Ferragamo Pour Homme or Salvadore Dali Agua Verde when I smell it, but this fragrance has another level of depth to it.

It radiates a clean warmness. It's very much like that pleasant fragrance you get when stepping out of salt water and being covered in sunlight. It's that clean warm yet somehow cool fragrance of the salt water evaporating off of your skin in bright sunlight.

But that said, it is even more about the fig. An absolutely pure under-ripe fig ... also being covered with bright sunlight!

Add to that some soft creamy floral notes drenched in clean clear white musk and gentle hints of tonka and you get a truly well rounded, robust, silken fragrance that wears like your most comfortable dress shirt. Classy, bright and comfortable.
3/4/14

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Dune is delightful. Initially though, when you try it for the first time, you may be somewhat underwhelmed. That's because Dune is a subtle, softly spoken scent.

Be patient, give it time. After several wearings it reveals its enigmatic charm. Dune is an appropriate name as it brings to mind the image of a shimmering heat haze rising off hot desert sands to form a liquidy mirage. And like a mirage, this gentle fragrance is fleeting.

Dune is contemplative - it draws me in and demands my attention. I think it's one of those fragrances designed for the wearer's exclusive enjoyment. When I wear it I savour the experience.

And the more I wear Dune, the more I love its haunting, delicate, fig-based beauty.

sf2explus
sf2explus

IT s this one and eau sauvage that are diors main mens scent.

hernie
hernie

Love fig. Did I mention it? Love Dune, Jardin en Mediterranee and Womanity. And it's all because of fig. Make me feel in a beautiful garden. In springtime, on a sunny day.

fayez188

عطر dune ثباته بسيط

لكن اذا وقفت قدام المراية راح ترش ابعطر كله من حلاوته

ed
ed

Beautiful unique fresh smell. Unfortunately, it doesn't last very well for me, only a few hours.

Update - it does last much better if you apply more, but it seems to bring out a slightly excessive sweetness, rather than the usual freshness. I suggest reapplying rather than using too much at once.

daisywest
daisywest

Have to admit it , this one is absolutely sexy on men!! <33 Very lay back, it gives me the impression of he sitting in a seaside bar, watching the waves and enjoy his beer, lol

Felipe Peixoto
Felipe Peixoto

About 10 years ago, a friend of mine described Dune as being the most wonderful masculine scent of all time. Since that day I was utterly excited to meet it.Last year I purchased a 3.4 oz bottle and it became my signature scent.

Dune is aquatic. But doesn't carry the classic water effect such as many aquatics, like Polo Blue, Cool Water or Acqua di Giò. There is no combination of citruses, fruity notes or mint. It's a dry aquatic.

The water effect is given by fig leaf, sage, cassis and a hint of hedione jasmine. Nevertheless, it's not green. In the dry down, a much more aromatic and jasmine-tone trace is kept. Cedar and sandalwood transfer dryness onto that floating-watery aura, creating the arid sensation.

Dune's impressions and feelings can be represented by a pilgrim who spent some hours in an oasis, then resumed his walking through a thirsty and arid desert.

georgequeue
georgequeue

Vintage Dune used to be a stunning fragrance, one of the best men's eau de toilette I've ever smelled. The current version, however, is quite disappointing.

nero77
nero77

Dry, light, airy... perfect summer fragrance!

As others have mentioned, this is like being at the beach on a hot day. It shines in summer weather, bringing to mind blue skies and hot sand. I would expect this do to especially well in the summer, but would not go for it in cooler months as it is just too light to be noticed at any other time of the year.

Definitely a must if you want something unique and appealing, it is also completely accessible and inoffensive to others. So perfect for wearing around people who don't like the smell of perfume. It's that kind of scent as well.

A brilliant fragrance for hot weather. Well done Dior!

skipster
skipster

A unique summer fragrance that achieves an impressive freshness without the use of aquatics, citrus or soapy notes. Instead you get a huge dose of fig leaves and discreet woody notes that work marvellously on a hot day.

Dune may be an aquired taste for some since the fig assault can be a little overwhelming. But the high quality is obvious and the scent stays in your clothes for days. It is light, but it is certainly not thin.

You can also enjoy having Dune all to yourself. Nobody knows it and nobody uses it, which only makes it even more attractive. I love it.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

tengo tanta curiosidad de probar este y poder opinar con fundamento.

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

The best fragrance for office !!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This is quite unique for me, sillage come and go makes me want to keep sniffing on it. It has woody notes that is not offensive and suitable for daily basis. Sandalwood and vanilla appears at the drydown, subtle but detectable, nice perfume.

jtappenden
jtappenden

A great personal favourite.Top quality.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Never saw the attraction to this one. Doesnt smell great by any means. I usually can enjoy fig in scents, but not this one.

I was hoping the fig wood bark and rose notes would be stronger, but instead I'm detecting what I've come think of as calone here, and lots of it. That doesn't mean this is a "bad" scent, and I'd even go so far as to say that it is very well composed. However, the calone (or whatever it is that comes across to me as "fumey" and "synthetic") is just a bit too much. It also seems to inhibit richness and depth. I certainly find it bearable but it's just not really pleasant to me, so I can't imagine myself wanting to reach for this one. However, for those who are used to the synthetics used here, my guess is that you would view it as a masterful composition.

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

I bought Dune way back in the late 90's, and to this day it remains a favourite. This is a cologne that to me, in its early release was, and still is, a ground-breaking scent. So distinctive. So much like nothing else I'd ever smelt prior in a male fragrance. Nothing since has really come close to this in terms of colognes for the warmer months. Sure, there is Aqua di Gio, and others, and yes, as good as they are, they don't come close to this brilliant concoction. Olivier Cresp and the people at Dior struck a well of creative genius when Dune was created. Shame it is so difficult to find now, but that just adds to its allure.

craniumbash
craniumbash

I see this in every store i go :O how can it be discontinued ?!?!?!?

guillermostf
guillermostf

ANOTHER SUPER HIGH QUALITY DIOR PARFUM'S GONE. AT LEAST IN MY COUNTRY IS VERY HARD TO FIND. ONE OF THE MOST FRESH, CLASSY AND SUMMER FRAGRANCES IN PARFUMERY WORLD. WAVES BREAKING IN THE SHORE. SOFT AIR AND WARM RAY OF SUN. 4 & 1/2 STARS. LONGEVITY: MODERATE. BOTTLE: I DON'T LIKE THE BOTTLE AT ALL. I WOULD BE PREFFER A SIMPLE CILINDER, PRISM, SQUARE ONE WITH A TRANSPARENT CUP.

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

A top notch quality fragrance from Dior. Not a cheap reformulated toxic chemical bomb from another neighbouring house. Do also appreciate the very low toxicity of this superb Dior product.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Fabulous fragance . . . I think it has a bitter fruit, may be some kind of Begamote or Greapfruit. For me delicious . . . My country is run out of it, sadly

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Another great scent from Dior for men. Powdery, fresh and citrusy. Love it.

Go4broke
Go4broke

I have constantly had a bottle of Dune on my shelf since it came out in '97. I never get tired of it. A lot of people don't like it because of the fig note, but thats what makes it great IMO. Ultimately this is a fresh smell, with lemon and grapefruit bursting out the top and a mildly spicy drydown. Sillage good, projection good, but the longevity could be better. I get 2-3 hrs tops. But that aside, if you can find a bottle, you simply must try it.

fuggerone
fuggerone

great in extreme heat makes you feel sexy in the midst of the desert!

garett

Taking my neutral reviews back from it.It is charmingly peaceful.So green , so leafy(fig etc).Whatever leaf is there it doesnot matter , it just resembles some forest tree or a garden of trees.
I never found any similarity between this and any other perfume in the fashion industry.
It is just so much green and fresh that it just calms , relaxes the nerves.If composure can be liquified its name should have been Dune(PH).

I am giving it 20 out of 10.

Opium80
Opium80

It's Arabian nights to me, Aladdins cave, exotic because of the fig notes.

An elegant scent for when the sun starts to set and the air is still warm.

A lonely scent because it's just the fig amidst all the sand. I find it doesn't project a lot and to me that helps make it work.

Not for someone who wants to get noticed by everyone, I feel you wear it for that one person (other than yourself) who is meant to get close.

2 thumbs up from me, but a definite try before you buy, the fig notes won't be everyones cup of tea.

missan

This Dune is really the only Dior male cologne that I really love. This is greatly appealing to me with a unique woody fig. If you like other Diors you might not like this and vice versa, maybe. To me this is the best contemporary Dior.

garett

It is a dreamy , creamy sexy , motherf**** juice.The stupid fiend bottle has a crazy semispherical type of cap.Longevity sux big time , but it makes me sleep with comfort not boredom.So this means when i start to enjoy it , it will make me sleep , so whats the use of this lazy feeling scent.

My feelings are neutral towards it.'N ya , it feels old.

Buysblind
Buysblind

I find many of Dior's fragrances odd in a very appealing way and Dune is no different. Centered around fig, it is something of a dry, airy scent with light floral notes that lend a fresh, morning-garden feel. There is also something that reminds me of the beach in Dune--some oceanic quality I can't exactly put my finger on. If Philosykos is the watery, green, quintessential fig fragrance, then Dune is its drier, woodier counterpart. Excellent during the summer months and really an altogether unique fragrance. I wouldn't recommend buying this blind--especially if you haven't smelled fig before. However, Dune is certainly worth trying, and you may find yourself pleasantly surprised by it.

GMK
GMK

relying on the positive reviews of reliable reviewers here and BaseNotes , i bought it blind..........and all gone to drain........ except the top note which stays hardly for few minutes , nothing can be termed as pleasant.
I cant stand that FIG. Absolutely uncontrolled note of Fig which prevails till end and ruins the entire composition.

I did not expect it from you Dior.

Ahhh... Bad luck.

Abstraction
Abstraction

I love this fragrance. It is a clean, fresh, summer feeling, and a man who does not talk a lot, but has a interesting and a fantastic personality.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Imagine this scenery : Ralph Fiennes in the English Patient WWII movie...

I just tested Diors Dune again and after a decade of not wearing. Its all the way unique.
This scent feels a bit like being in a caravan trekking through the dessert feeling thirsty and dreaming of an oase.
Its a dry scent with a great vibe.

caffeine_junkee
caffeine_junkee

I find this scent utterly compelling and sexy. For some reason, this conjures up the image of a man - elegant, romantic, and circumspect - who has taken a long promenade in an herb garden. As a woman, I bemoan the fact that I haven't encountered anyone wearing this! There are days I actually spritz this on myself, if only to evoke a subliminal impression of love in the afternoon with just such a man, strolling in that garden, lolling under the boughs of trees, his scent lingering on my skin and in my hair... I'm in love with this.

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

this a fragrance which is very pleasant and has an instant appeal, u dont hav to wait for the dry down, a very soothing fresh woody musky scent to go nice in summers a safe buy.

Linden
Linden

Dune is unique and expressive. It is fresh, elegant and soft, yet tenacious. Very green and vibrant, enriched with mild florals that blend seamlessly with rich fig and woods. There is true harmony between the notes; the scent maintains its freshness as it dries, revealing a gentle warm character.

I was shocked when Dior took Dune Homme off the American market. Many of my friends within the industry share my disappointment as they remember its beauty.

tomerits
tomerits

one of my all time fav,now in my second bottle,can only recommend.love it.
my rank 5/5.

ig69
ig69

one of the best. very difficult to find in north america, too bad. very comforting and serene. something you would wear when you want to meditate.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

A few people already took the words right out of my mouth. When I wear Dune, I get vibes of being on the dry part of the beach. A few thousand feet from the water, the distant sounds of crashing waves, the rough patches of weeds, and the dry chunks of sand roaming the ground.
Dune Pour Homme is not my style, but I find it to be highly original.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

a must have for any gentleman.
today i tested it along with chanel homme sport , EDC. to me and my friends these both smelled almost the same. but chanel was a bit more citrus. initially , chanel felt better , and more noticable, but after 3/4 hours dune took the lead . it became more wonderful and elegant. also it lasted longer.

krmarich
krmarich

The century was coming to a close and I rushed to my local perfume counter to sample the followup to Fahrenheit. It bore not resemblance to it. It was reserved, quiet, and a warm weather companion indeed. It was a major detour for the bold path that Dior was following.

It was not an aquatic, oriental, chypre or fougere. Yes, Dune PH forged ahead into a new class that hasnt been explored since. Fruity floriental for men? Impossible, right? Fig is the fruit and rose/migonette is the floral on a sturdy sandalwood bed of smokey vanilla. Projection was minimal.

In colder weather it gets lost rather quickly. It is not a powerhouse scent in anyway. It was perhaps the most refined mens fragrance of the 1990s. It was a commercial flop in the US.

This is how I imagined the Buddha would smell. Of course he never really tried. Dune is demure and sublime. In todays market-unattainable. Paradise lost...

lister
lister

I always make sure I have a bottle of Dune in my collection.A very soft scent,very simple and at the same time elegant. Dried lime gives it a fresh note.I love to wear it at work, coz it's not an agressive scent
and not too masculine.

ION
ION

"Dune" as a smell is very wordy about all the things it is not, and very concise about the things it actually is!
Much like its sister it manages to escape anonymity due to the big name behind it, but the bottle and the packaging are precise and fair.
If only it could speak, it would have the sound of a soft whisper, the feeling of a reassuring (but modest) caress, the hair of a dark blonde stranger which you can trust without knowing.
Yet, it never stops asking (even if very politely) for a tweak. Dior?

missan

I find this a bit similar to Lalique Lion. Not that they smell the same, but both are a sort of "midrange" scents, and both smell lovely on clothes.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

In the first secondes of applying,a very nice citrusy herbal smell appear.
Few minute later,citrus disappear and the cold leafy smell present itself.
Very cooling but reminded me a lot of fresh fragrance,maybe a bit of that cold herbal vibe from good life davidoff in more naturel ingrediant.
To me and many other opinion ,it is unisex easily.
Longevity about 4 hours with admissible projection.

querelle
querelle

Dune is pure sunshine! Amazing!

oxm

Hello, I've already written about this fragrance but it is so good that I want to try again, this is a very spring fresh fragrance from the touch, because the opening aroma almost feel the smell of the wind, a wind that carries notes and ferrous metal but very sweet ... remember at the beginning of the rain when it develops that smell of wet dust? is perhaps for this reason that many people remember the wet sand on the seashore ... but it is a powder that links beautifully with flowers and fleshy fruit, the fig and rose, respectively, and finally sinks in that the tail wind lush sandalwood and vanilla, I hope that Dior never abandon this creation, because whenever I have the chance to hear it again I'm always amazed .. . it is very difficult to find an alter ego, and that's what makes it a masterpiece ... its uniqueness.

Creed rocks
Creed rocks

Its a clean scent..Though i would say that people who dont have this,are'nt missin onto anythin...Definitely a pass accordin to me...Just fails to make an impression...

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

For a long time back around 2000 this was my daily scent. I had a strange relationship with it. While I liked it, I had other things I liked much better. But I would often wear this because I got more compliments wearing this than my other scents.

It's clean, fresh and strong.

bonovox
bonovox

Definitely a fragrance that I'm going to have to say it "Dislike". It does absolutely nothing for me. When I think of "Dune" I think of solitude, and I think if I wear this fragrance I will have plenty of it. Very synthetic, almost nonexistent after about 20 minutes. I have no idea where the notes are in this thing as all I'm feeling is a semi sweet, soapy dry down very quickly. I think this is probably about 80% alcohol-based because it evaporates into thin air. This does not smell woody, soothing, sexy, classy, clean... nothing. Just very ordinarily soapy. Maybe it's the reformulation, maybe it's the fact that my nose is becoming very picky after smelling some incredible fragrances, but this is nothing but underwhelming.

Edit: a female friend of mine in the office described it perfectly. It's like finding an old can of leather polish in your grandmother's musty attic or basement.

Bottle: 7/10
Sillage 6/10
Longevity 3/10
Scent 4/10

Sorry Dior, but I think you could've done so much better.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

So, here is a scent which I always had curiosity to try and after I blindbuy a bottle, unfortunatelly it became a disappointment.
First of all, I always imagined Dune as a perfume which could remind me of sand and beach, but this is not. Dune is almost green, like branches and leaves, and at least for me, it doesn't brought me a idea of a sunny beach. Dune is like a walking inside a forest during a hot day, and cassis, fig leaves and fig wood bark, all of these green notes, give me this feeling of a jungle.
So, if people are looking for a nice green scent, I strongly recommend Dune. For those people who are looking for a marine/oceanic fragrance, I think Bvlgari Aqva is the better option.

Grottola
Grottola

Dune Pour Homme is a wonderful fresh fig fragrance that evokes images of sitting by the sea with a clean white shirt on, for me. It smells very youthful and I find it quite accessible for a young person, or for anyone really. I guess you could call it a sleeper hit. But anyway, the longevity for a fragrance of this type is superb and overall if you need a "beach" fragrance, I'd look no further.

SilverFire
SilverFire

Upon my skin, Dune is something faintly sweet and astringent (bergamot perhaps) and the scent of the beach - damp sand with a whisper of something grainy. There's something else in the background that gives it full, round body. The scent dies away and comes back from time to time, each time more arid and distant than before. By four to five hours, however, it has become a sweet, musky skin scent; in six, it has vanished completely.

Dune is probably the most realistic aquatic I have experienced. While it is not "desolate" as others have described it, I would characterize it as "lonely". Nautica Voyage, for comparison, is the scent of the confident captain aboard his small skiff. Dune is the scent of the beach itself, with few people (if any) around.

While it is novel as Dior scents usually are, the poor staying power and the lack of oomph surprise me. It seems to be missing something.

oxm

Dune is a very fresh scent, thanks to the aromatic notes in the opening in the center stands the unusual note of the fig tree along with the rose, even if it is not that it feels much, and finally in the queue among other vanilla, tonka bean and sandalwood.
This is a relaxing scent that gives its best during the warm season, when the notes reach the best to our nose, as far as I know I do not know fragrances like: I have the impression to smell the inside of a soap bubble, perhaps impossible, but the smell is a clean, aseptic almost with a kind of spring breeze that ruffles the pages of a calendar ...
Lovable

Edit:
I really like this, it has a surprisingly nice freshness, the opening smell is lovely and special and lasts for a long time, can detect some flowers in there after some time, dries down to a nice ceder/tonka/vanilla and still keeps some of the freshness and a little from the opening. Very very long lasting. IMO one of Dior´s best, a more natural cologne in a Chanel style.

missan

I really like this, it has a surprisingly nice freshness, can detect some flowers in there, dries dowm to a nice ceder/tonka/vanilla and still keeps some of the freshness. Very long lasting.

Cylob
Cylob

Tested this on paper 2 weeks ago and I can still smell it on the Dior card! Amazing! Longevity should be more then ok I guess.

Loved it on my skin as well. What struck me was the freshness that was achieved by not using any citrus. Very original therefore: well done.

This is very high on my wanted list!

Edit: It's a few days later now and I just bought 100ml of it. The SA made me a sample, so I'll leave the bottle in the box for now. The weather is still cold here, but I'm sure with this bottle and the others that I've got waiting it's gonna be a nice summer!

rating: 9/10

mehrdad
mehrdad

Original and harmonious, Dune pour Homme takes its inspiration from breezy seaside escapes. Its composition associates fresh, woody and oceanic notes in a fragrance that is serene and in harmony with nature.

به نقل از سایت دیور

ZeeK
ZeeK

I had a very high expectations from this one but sorry it doesn't last long and its not that distinct and special. No doubt the blend is so cool and fresh and the smell is so energizing but it should stay and i cant expect any such thing form Dior House. There are various much cheaper and elegant fragrances available than this one for summer/spring. Even you could have a try on Python by Trussardi... if you need something with similar features (specially fig) but cheap...

periquito89
periquito89

Refined, elegant ...? Doesn't look like that. I have another idea in mind about those aspects, and Dune looks to my sense as an ordinary one. In fact it remembered me some cologne I smelled before, and not a very nice one (what doesn't mean that isn't well formulated). And then again, I also don't get those aspects from some scents from the past while many others do, just to say that my avaliation doesn't come from an expert, and that the scent may has its place. Personally I find Dune pour Homme a big turn off. It is green (floral-green I'd say) and long lasting. But I figured that someone also could see it as peaceful symphony for the intermission moments.

Skorpion
Skorpion

Always among Christian Dior, Dune has been less attention and while many new Dior smells better. A few years ago when for the first time I met with this perfume It did much serious thought and is a ordinary perfume but now my opinion has changed and I am extremely fascinated by the smell.
If you want to know what Dune is like perfume, I have no doubt say: Philosykos by Diptyque... abundance in both fragrances can feel fig.
Although perfume not influence the decade in 90, but it is worthy of greater attention to be.

jgschmitt99
jgschmitt99

I remember a girl in college told me she now had a new favorite cologne for guys when she smelled this on me. Such a unique and wonderful aroma. It's confident and optimistic yet not arrogant or overpowering. I hate that it never gained much popularity for some mysterious reason and that it's so hard to find now. Truly a hidden secret..

kkmathews
kkmathews

Was one of my favourites until i tried Armani Code. Fragrance does stay for good time. Cool and fresh... reminds of fresh dew and misty mornings....

This used to be one of my favourite fragrances for men. I really liked the way fig is used in this composition and I also smell good basil and cedarwood.
The overall effect is a very powerful yet elegant, unusual and stimulating scent! I figure out a tall, goodlooking yet friendly type of man, old but gentle.
It can be suitable for women too and certainly much better on my skin than female version of Dune.
After many years it still exists and has not passed away as a metheor for some reason! Sillage is very good and lasting power is strong. No need to douse in it, only a few squirtsis all you need.

marioslg
marioslg

An interesting perfume which reminds the female one. It's good for the summer but is not the typical aquatic or citrucy perfume. Personally I like it and is good especially for summer months.

PieRat
PieRat

Beautiful fragrance.

So many others have sum'd it up here in their reviews. I do not know what else to add, except I love this scent.

andrevarx
andrevarx

EDT is a very elegant with a pleasant smell, the notes are a touch of flowers mixed with a little wooden skis, very cool and noble. Elegant base notes tend to dry wood.

It is a smell that reminds some aquatic fragrance with notes on them without falling, highlighting its character of wood. An age range for all and elegant, perfect for warm climates. As well Eau Sauvage projected an image of authority and sophistication.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A brilliant fragrance from Dior. Fresh, floral, summery, cheerful and beautiful. I really want this - it's an expensive one though. I think it smells a lot like Platinum Egoiste by Chanel. This really is a gorgeous scent and a classic!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Hardest thing is to explain how and why you love the thing you love. Yes, I love Dune. And to approach tiniest part of that felling to you I’ll say...

Dune is divine, has blond curly hair and angelic laughter. Sits on a chair in his planet and watches the sunset 40 times in a row. Appreciates the simplicity of life. Astonishes with its sincerity and open mindedness. Carries love in his heart. Yes, he is a little prince. And I was tamed by it the first time I smelled it.

In perfume kingdom shares a throne with Egoist Platinum. 100 out of 10.

kiko1983
kiko1983

So sexy, long lasting an masculine fragrance... smell good in the evening and night... you must have it!!!

jcaragia
jcaragia

It is my absolute favourite fragrance for man.. I have never had it ..I'm just afraid of getting borred of it.. in time.So i don't buy it.I smell it when happens :) ..and keep dreaming about it.. It totaly fascinates me!

Alliens
Alliens

My favourite male scent. Very gentleman-like. It reminds me of my first love and our first kiss...But I love smelling it even to this day, it just pops out and it makes me smile.

ALEXEIFEDOROV
ALEXEIFEDOROV

Another jewel from the golden years of perfumes (1993-1997). An easytowear scent with a touch of classy darkness, despite of the bottle appearence.

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

I finaly bought this perfume yesterday from duty free shops! I always want it but, every time I went for shopping I was buying other perfumes...Shame on me cause its fantastic and very romantic...I love it. Its classy, romantic and it has an inocent feeling, even if its absolutely seductive! It lasts on me 2,5-3 hours. Usualy other perfumes last much more but its ok...

DC-8
DC-8

The name Dune really does suit it!! I fell in love with the fig notes.

It's a good choice for daytime. Not suitable for special events or evenings, to my opinion. And it might be a complete partner when going to the beach, it completes the sea smell with some sand and green notes of the jungle, mixed togehter with a humid base.

Unfortunately, the longevity is very weak. On my skin, it so quickly jumped to the dry down notes, which were too intense to my nose, like an intense vetiver/vanilla note, which I didn't like. As I tried it on my clothes, I think it worked better and sweeter.

Suits to humid weather, not good for dry climates, at all.

Fabricio
Fabricio

I got into this perfume back in 1997, when it was released and I remeber I really loved it at that time. I had two bottles. It is a kind of fresh fragrance without being citrus oriented, long lasting and non-obtrusive. A real good one from CD.

vdxl
vdxl

Another nicely done Jasmine-Tonka-Muguet cologne for Men. When compared to Lacoste Style In Play, this one is more mature, more sophisticated, but still it is very comfortable and it evokes the beach in a great manner. It is also discreet, but long lasting and for a beach fragrance, I would give it A+. There is no other like this in that sense.

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

My GOD I miss this fragrance! I felt so light wearing it, was great with the top down on the car driving down the coast.

Cassiano
Cassiano

The best way to start this review is stating the obvious: it's a Dior!
Theoretically, only these words would be enough to describe this delicious cologne whose fragrance contains, as a key element, the Fig.

Dune has a fruity, oceanic and floral aroma, enriched by notes of fig leaves, cassis and sage leaves. The heart of the fragrance is slightly sweeter, with notes of fig (the fruit), rose and mignonette - also called henna - which is the family of flowers, and produces a sweet and fruity aroma.

Finally, its base is creamier with tonka bean and vanilla, also slightly woody with cedar and sandalwood. The resulting aroma is fresh and intense, with projection and lasting worthy of a Dior. You can't go wrong and there is no way of not being noticed wearing Dune.

As the desert dunes that move in place every day, so is Dune, which moves through the air, so intoxicating.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

One of my all time favourite summer perfumes. A modern classic: symbolic for the 90ies when life was good and golden. It smells like a beautiful summer garden after a night of rain: a mixed use garden where roses bloom next to Sage and Basil and Tyme and the fig tree branches are bulging over from the heavy weight of the fruit. I love the natural message this scent has. Any gardener will love this fragrance! You cannot find anything more naturally composed. I group it together with Fahrenheit/ Dior but it is less strong and more gentle. Think of this as early summer when the spices just start to develop their flavour. "Dune" is greener and fresher than "Fahrenheit" but they have a similar strong spicy base note. "Dune" is almost peppery, chilly-like at the end. Group together with "Fahrenheit" Dior, "Aqua Di Gio" Armani, "Kenzo pour homme" Kenzo, "Armani pour homme" Armani, etc definitely to be used between May and September!

popcorn
popcorn

i so like this parfum, very elegant and modern . i feel DUNE like worm bright and spicy parfum

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

I remember having this one 10yrs ago and have pleasant memories associated with this cologne.

A refreshing, oriental, woody fragrance.
Modern and original, the fragrance reveals its originality in association of fresh, woody and oceanic notes. The scent of a man in hamony with nature. A sensation of serenity.

orlino
orlino

For me, the most impressive note in this perfume is fig leaves : very fresh and elegant at the same time!!!

Allen
Allen

One of the best modern-romantic scents I've ever had. Very masculine but not boisterous. A gentleman's scent.

melozberk
melozberk

My favouritte male fragrance. So fresh but very strong in the same time. Very good on light skins blondes especially. Only for brave men who could sense the fresh notes in it and carry it on successfully, because so many find it very strong and run away without analyzing. For me it's definetely irresistable !!

Dune by Christian Dior 4.17 out of 5 based on 597 ratings and 101 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Dune fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior Dune, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dune by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dune by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.