Designers » C » Citrus « Groups

Eau Fraiche Christian Dior for women

Eau Fraiche Christian Dior for women
dislike

Eau Fraiche is a refreshing citrus fragrance. It is recommended for daytime use during summer. The top notes are mandarin orange and lemon. The heart is made of rosewood, while vanilla and oak moss are in the base. Eau Fraiche was launched in 1953. The nose behind this fragrance is Edmond Roudnitska.

Mandarin Orange Lemon

Cristalle

Eau Fraiche Fragrance Reviews

Domenica23
Domenica23

can't wait to have it, if my boyfriend gives it to me...
sounds very good.

Dinkum
Dinkum

Endymion: This would work great on a guy too.

If you can´t get it, Eau Sauvage (a bit more bitter) is a good alternative. (Mens perfume, but I - a female - enjoy to wear it).

Diors Escale a Portofino is marketed as womens perfume, but I think it is unisex.

Endymion
Endymion

Hello there! Is it very feminine for a guy to use? What do you suggest?

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

I quite enjoy this scent. It reminds me of a sunny vibrant yellow flower at the beach. The scent trends towards citrus, but it has a beautiful windswept aquatic hint to it. This lovely scent pulls very unisex. On me it is a touch of lovely yellow floral windswepth sandy beach day, and on my hubby it pulls as a masculine aquatic daffodil kayaking down a rabid class 4 rapid. I enjoyed the depth and tasty citrus of this scent.

If you "marry" typical fougere elements (that aren't already present) to this fragrance you'll get something quite similar to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme! This is a simple, quality fragrance but definitely "masculine" by today's standards. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a fragrance that allows me to focus more on notes I like, so this would be good for that purpose, if you like these notes of course. Otherwise I wouldn't go out of my way to try and obtain some of it (I've tried the vintage formulation only).

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

this is the one closest to eau sauvage, not diorella

Jacster
Jacster

I have just opened a vintage bottle of this beauty: it was unused, still sealed and still in its cellophane wrap. A blind buy for me, but the previous reviewers whetted my appetite for an Edmond Roudnitska creation that I had not come across before.

Yes, it's very old world cologne, at least initially. Lots of bergamot and citrus. But, to me at least, not much like Diorella. Actually, I'd call it the masculine version of Eau Sauvage!

In its middle notes I'm getting some pepper and abit of something sharp, but I can't quite place what it is.

I love oak moss, but it hasn't appeared yet. The base note is clean, soft and powdery, and reminds me very much of baby powder.

Of course these notes are all too fleeting, being just a cologne - the only one in my collection! I love vintage parfums, but am very happy to have come across this if just to add to my other Roudnitskas!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Lemon fizz, almost lemon pledge, is the only part of this scent that I could sniff on my skin...definitely not full bottle worthy, glad I did a sample! OK for what it is, but no longevity and fairly flat.

smellsogood
smellsogood

Quality and classiness are what I smell here! This is my all time favourite cologne. Would probably marketed as a unisex or even a masculine today, given some of the treacly stuff that gets doused about. Wear this and the French Riviera some how seems a little closer.

Maki
Maki

I have the 'les creations'-version and today I used it again after a long time.
It helped me to forget a hard day at work after taking a long shower.

I almost forgot how clean this scent smells!

Knowing a little more about- and having tried more perfumes now (since visiting this site ahem..), I'm figuring out why I like scents or not...like scents with citrus for instance...a few months ago I would have stated that I HATE scents with citrus/lemon in it...period! But now I know this is too bold a statement...and that it all depends on with which other notes the citrus/lemon is combined.

In Eau Fraiche this is so well done! No dishwashing or cleaning come's to mind, instead just freshness and soothing thoughts.
Actually, the citrus/lemon here stands out for being modest, giving way to it's fellow notes that are mentioned.
Asif it underlines them, instead of overruling them...
Done, I think, in the more classic way than in the modern scents that seem to compete in being 'plain' for not changing in the developingproces...

It reminds me of Estee from Estee Lauder for being clean and of Eau de Campagne for being aromatic, yet in a more gentle and feminine way.

daniel DeLouv
daniel DeLouv

for me it's the Feminine EAU SAUVAGE
so classy with the fresh mandarin orange opening wich i lovvee.

then it's more sweet and flowery, great!

i'm so happy that it's has been released with other dior classics.

guest_Maki
guest_Maki

It's been re-released and I love it!

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

I have an original bottle passed down to me from my grandmother. It is in its original box, too. I love it. Yes. Perfect in summer. I leave it in the fridge and splash it on before work or upon returning home. Whenever I need to feel fresh and awake. Love this one.

Smells like an old style men’s scent. Strong mandarin and bergamot with a touch of sandal and other notes. Well blended and rather tasty, but not really feminine. (Not a problem, just an observation.)

Eau Fraiche by Christian Dior 4.27 out of 5 based on 59 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Eau Fraiche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior Eau Fraiche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Fraiche by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Fraiche by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.