Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau Sauvage Cologne Christian Dior for men

Eau Sauvage Cologne Christian Dior for men
dislike

Eau Sauvage Cologne Christian Dior for men Pictures

The classic fresh masculine fragrance by Dior—Eau Sauvage from 1966, was re-interpreted in a new format, as Eau Sauvage Cologne, in the spring of 2015. As for Eau Sauvage Parfum edition from 2012, vintage photographs and recordings of French actor Alain Delon were used for the advertising campaign of Eau Sauvage Cologne.

The fresh citrusy-spicy and woody composition begins with accords of Calabrian bergamot, mandarin and bitter grapefruit. The heart notes include galbanum, petitgrain, hedione and pink pepper, while the base consists of woody tones of vetiver.

Photos of advertising campaign originate from the movie "The Last Adventure" by Robert Enrico, filmed in 1967. The fragrance is available in bottles of 50 and 100 ml. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.

Calabrian bergamot Mandarin Orange Grapefruit

Dior Homme Cologne 2013

Eau Sauvage Cologne Fragrance Reviews

dzb
dzb

I want this so bad! I have eau sauvage and I love it, but judging on the comments and notes I would say I would love this even more!

PS i'm definitely willing to trade for it!

Chap Guano
Chap Guano

I bought this earlier this year and I really like it. I was looking for a lighter cologne that stuck around. It smells modern and I can wear it for many occasions. Sauvage is a warm citrus and sporty cologne.
8/10.

nassim_91
nassim_91

parfum vraiment magnifique top veryyy nice fragrance in summer
i give it 8.8/10
very elegante and gentleman women love it *.*

sproaty
sproaty

Very strong, I put on..ahem, 7 sprays today at lunch time in a store, and heading back into the office my co-worker who sits 2 foot behind me said, "yup you've been testing sprays again haven't you?" Lasted about 5-6 hours and had a good projection but I very much over applied. Very citrusy opening and it retained that feeling throughout.

aliks
aliks

I smelled it in winter and yhought it was a joke and a complete miss. It was like house detergent or something chemical with a vague citrus smell. However I have tried it again this spring on a warmer day and I understood what it was supposed to really smell and what weather it was made for. It it fresh, elegant and highly energetic. A real warmer season wonder and another reason for smelling scents at different seasons to check if they are or are not in their most adapted environment. I love it now.

hadrian
hadrian

An excellent flanker!
Not at all weak, nor uninteresting!
Citrus all the way, with a smart touch of pepper and vetiver.
Alive and refreshing, it fits a man in the summer.
The younger age of a classic scent, not similar but definitely related with the original.
For those who like Eau d'Hadrien, Acqua Di Parma Colonia and the rest of the holly family of the mediterranean summer's colognes.
Bravo, Dior! A deserved 8,7/10!

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

The current Eau Sauvage EDT is almost cologne-like in it's sillage and longevity.

Is this a bottle of water?

sumandre
sumandre

I don't see the point. This is neither ground-breaking nor is it interesting. All you need is vintage eau savage.

grug
grug

This really requires a bit of patience to see its full potential. It opens with a pleasant and modern, if somewhat generic citrus. It is quality though. After that, the woods and green notes come through where it becomes a sweet, clean blend of grassy vetiver of fresh leaves. It remains this way into the dry down and shows surprisingly longevity. No, it doesn't relate to the original anymore than the EDP, however, that shouldn't be held against it. Enjoy it on its own merits

Einarr
Einarr

I most certainly cannot be bothered whatsoever by the nil resemblance with the original. This is just great if you live somewhere hot humid and dry, as the lemon literally cuts through the air. This may sound like a dish soap advertisement, but actually the citruses are done quite well here and the longevity is not bad at all (looking at you Dior home that's gone in a couple of hours.

Manny44
Manny44

Wonderful cologne, Juicy citrus and hedione. Ageless vintage Sauvage bottle with bright white banding.Tested at Duty Free and now I cant seem to find where this is sold. Its not even available at the Dior Website. If anyone has any information please drop a note on here.
'Update: A friendly fellow Fragrantican let me know that this is on strawberry.ne t.

Housebliss
Housebliss

I actually prefer this one over the original. While I like the original very much, it ended up smelling a little too "sharp" on my skin. This one is more rounded and mellow while still retaining the heart of the original.

I'm also curious to see how the Hedione works in this. I sprayed my wrist and the SA wanted to smell it on my skin. When I left the shop she said "It really suits you" with a big ass grin on her face. I was like "What the hell...".

I'm not sure how quick Hedione works in relation to activation of the specific area of the hypothalamus in women which is known to promote sexual responsiveness by flooding the body with sex hormones (article from The Telegraph), but I'll get back to you if I experience similar comments from other women.

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

A great cologne. Cool citrus all around me 5/5

mayberry
mayberry

This smells amazing. I'e been looking for a vintage, boozy, slightly powdery citrus and this hit the nail on the head. I was initially going for Tom Ford's Tom Ford for men but this is better and was only $60. Impressive.

pronose
pronose

so what??? first of all this one has no tie with original eau sauvage!!!!! and also this scent is common and very casual! the nose of Dior must get fired!

Macassar
Macassar

a bucket of stagnant water with a slice of grapefruit : modern beauty , maybe ...

birdy
birdy

really the best fresh fragrance, a real smell of nature, swimming pool,wet grass, herbs!nature in a bottle!

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Some are saying this is a bit of a cynical effort on Dior's part to milk a little more revenue from their Eau Sauvage line.

That may be true, but it doesn't detract from the fact that this is a well constructed scent with all the signature Dior quality you would expect.

And it smells excellent to boot - like a greatest hits compilation of all your favourite citrus-fresh summer scents. It's not going to win too many awards for originality, but it may win you over with its effortlessly elegant vibrant freshness.

For me, this is like a superior version of the latest Dior Homme Cologne as it offers considerably better performance and doesn't have the harsh alcohol opening I get with DHC. There's also something about Eau Sauvage Cologne that reminds me of the dry down of my 2012 Dior Homme Sport.

I may need to clear some space from my warm weather lineup as this is a serious contender for summer selection.

app9
app9

Oh my god! That was my first reaction after spraying this on my wrist on a hot and sticky summer day. It's like diving in a pool full of ice and citrus peels. But it has character, it's not watery. The dry down is a little softer, before it vanishes. The staying power is medium, and quite good for a cologne. On my skin it's pretty much citrus all the way, and a little vetiver in the end.

I love the original Eau Sauvage, and I think this is an easier version. Perfect for summer. Ladies, try this one!

Betonikives
Betonikives

"Oh yeah!" -Duffman

What a gem! It's like a spicier version of Dior homme cologne (2013) with much better sillage and lasting power.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

I am tired of those summer flankers. Eau sauvage is lost in a citrus accord than is anything except singular. Generic summer cologne engineered to please crowds that will BUY it or boost the original Eau sauvage's sellings.

Where is the idea ? Where is the creation ?

Sad.

Bubby
Bubby

I love it... A warm citrus that lasts forever.

texaspete
texaspete

It's like Dior homme eau without the iris. Simple fragrance but very well done. Grapefruit seems dominant. Longevity good. Longer than the edt.

SMparfam
SMparfam

Grapefruit, lemongrass and pepper. Surprisingly, on my skin this hangs around longer than the EDT; which although great (IMO)does suffer in the longevity department. Undoubtedly a warm weather one. If only the EDT lasted as long...

drakecito
drakecito

Fresh citrus scent I think that adds absolutely nothing, although no resemblance to the original.

Citrus lemony without being excellent or very bright, are "decently" facts, much higher than the last "cologne" Guerlain, to give unejemplo, but are far from achieving the quality of other fragrances style and I can think of a few.

When dry, citrus blend with a note like green, I do not recognize and feel pretty synthetic and maybe some pink pepper, sooo soft.

I have been unable to feel anything of vetiver at any time, or looking for him anxiously nose sticking to the skin.

There is little more to tell about this fragrance, unless both the wake and longevity, are moderate, perhaps surpassing the average of fragrances of this style in the two aspects.

Here, it costs about $ 90 100ml, which seems a price well above what the quality of the product offered.

For half the price, or less, would be a possible purchase, but only if you like lemony citrus, with a feeling of freshness and cleanliness and nothing else.

I actually left with the feeling that I've been avoiding all the time using the word "mediocre", but the reality is that is what has given me the fragrance broadly.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

The original Eau Sauvage was citrusy and herbal, very fresh and crisp on both accounts, but it also came off as natural. This also was a key as to whom it was marketed toward: real, minimalist, no-nonsense men. The original now smells dated, at least for my nose, but the new release is hardly an improvement.

This is a cologne for the digital age. I was really surprised by how synthetic this one smells and not in a good way. The opening is a super bright white citrus--but almost laundry like. It reminds me very much of Dior Homme Sport--there is a harsh, unnatural freshness to both.

Not impressed at all.

jpdnkr
jpdnkr

Smelled this today for the first time and I loved it. For a cologne it is very strong. 1 spray on my hand and I can still smell it 12 hours later. I really did not like eau sauvage in the past but since the cuir fraicheur version I have bought them all. The perfume version is my favorite but this cologne version is such a summer burst of freshness. Fantastic bottle too with the magnetic cap again. Don't fall for the negatively, one spray will blow it all away...

GinWeed
GinWeed

All I can say is that I WANT this. I'm a woman. I tried it on my skin in store and my first impression was: amazing. And in the evening I took a shower but could still faintly smell it on my arm afterwards, so I think it's quite long-lasting. The impressive thing about this scent is that it manages to stay a sophisticated perfume and not turn into some cleaning agent (like L'Eau Par Kenzo Pour Homme by Kenzo), because of the "overwhelming" citrusiness.

I'm a biiig fan of Dior Homme Cologne 2013 which is also very fresh and citrusy. Both of these colognes have Calabrian bergamot as their ingredient so I guess that that's what I'm falling for. I think I'll love Eau Sauvage Cologne when I finally buy it! And by the way Eau Sauvage Cologne is way better than the original Eau Sauvage!

NickZee
NickZee

Brilliant fragrance, very high quality addition to the cologne genre. It doesn't store any surprises for cologne lovers, but it is definitely top shelf. Bought at first sniff.

citizenMe
citizenMe

I also thought of Eau Sauvage as a more mature scent, but this indeed can be a universal fresh scent for any age. Just wanted to mention that all throughout the duration it also reminded me of AH Edition Blanche but with a woody tone to it. Would buy it but thats not cheap for a summer frag. Also i have a sense that you get tired of this scent quickly.

groover
groover

I do like the eau Savage perfume, more than
the original, this one is not like any of them at all
this could have been any other sport fragrance or
summer scent to me without knowing it was dior.

Pelander
Pelander

I agree with Naipe 100%. It reminds me, after 30 minutes, to the classic Courreges. It projects very well for a cologne for 4 or 5 hours, then it stays close to the skin but, no doubt, still there for 2 or 3 hours more, so perfect so great longevity for this cologne.

I'm not a big fan of the classic eau savage but I'll give this an opportunity as an alternative to Dior Homme Cologne, which I own and love but it doesn't project as I'd like.

naipe
naipe

I've tried these days and I must admit that it has really surprised me but well, I don't go mad... I just like it. Somehow it reminds me to the classic Courreges. It's a decent citrus fragrance with a twist, that sometimes feels like feminine, sometimes childish, although the prominent vetiver note gives it a definitely manly character. Furthermore its longevity is higher than average citrus scent and it doesn't come close quickly but it's rather noticeable 3-4 hours after it has been sprayed. The beauty of the bottle and the white magnetic cap is unquestionable. I don't know what to think... I'll let it stand for a while and if it calls me, I'll go.

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

I always thought, specially in the last years, Eau Savage as a cologne. Two hours máximum in my skin. But I love it anyway. So. It´s difficult to imagine this perfume as a "cologne". We will give a try.
--------
Today I tried it. I wanted Not to like it. I Own The original and I love it. But I have to admit it. It's a New perfume. And It's totally unisex and lovely.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

I am so glad I am stocked on the original version (over 2 liter)..my newest bottle is also the brown box version which still retained significant magic of the original formula...thus, I have the luxury to stay away from newer formulas which are eau sauvage in name only...though i do understand the logic of modernizing but even the rule of modernization should not apply to few classics like Eau Sauvage whose smell was timeless to begin with..it just cannot get outdated or boring and those who reach that conclusion must be smelling the white box version by which time the whole soul of original eau sauvage had been completely sucked out..

bet85
bet85

a cologne version of an already cologne performing edt.

antonpan
antonpan

During last 3 days had sniffs of the new Cologne version of Eau Sauvage. I’m disappointed so much.
1. It has nothing common with the regular Eau Sauvage, even with the modern version. It smells as a sweeter synthetic version of Dior Homme Cologne with some amount of “old fashioned” plastic notes.
2. It opens with tangerines from Dior Homme Cologne, though the opening is enriched with something like mastique smelling rather “plastic” to me. I have DHC on the one hand, ESC on the other. They are very similar, but ESC is sweeter and more synthetic.
3. In the base the new Cologne smells like any other modern ozonic aquatic with some sweetness, like, for example, any L’Eau par Kenzo flanker.

After the Eau Sauvage Parfum masterpiece this one smells very cheap. Unfortunately. I will still prefer Dior Homme Cologne or Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne in this genre.

Neo 1010
Neo 1010

close to smell like allure homme edition blanche edp at first spray, but finally different in evolution !! i just bought it 3 days ago, and i really love it !!
i was not fan of eau sauvage , i found it too much " old man" but this cologne reminds me my childness ,when i entered in the bath room of my grand father, the smell of soap and cologne was floating in the air , and this great eau sauvage cologne smell like that ! soapy and class !

really love it ! blind buy if you can't smell it before, you can't be disapointed or deceived !

qd_301
qd_301

The best !!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Sauvage Cologne by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Sauvage Cologne by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.