Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir Christian Dior for men

Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir Christian Dior for men
dislike

leather

This limited edition of the classic Eau Savage kept all the original notes, as well as the bottle. Fraicheur Cuir means “the freshness of the leather”; the fragrance justifies its name: mild and warm leather note and amber make a contrast to the freshness of the opening. Top notes are composed of Sicilian lemon; hedion is at the heart, together with aromatic herbs and cedar. The base kept its chypre structure, with a leather accord, which is not strong animalistic one, yet it is mild and warm. This classic fragrance by Edmond Roudnitska was refined by François Demachy in the limited edition Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.

Amalfi Lemon

Virginia Cedar

Leather Amber

Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir Fragrance Reviews

purecaramel
purecaramel

Was issued for a short while and then withdrawn for good reason. Generic Calone and Leather dolloped on top of such a beautiful perfume. Blasphemy!!
Take away the Oakmoss,bad enough, but bast@&^%ization destroys all that was grand about the original.
I own it, don't like it!

KJS88
KJS88

Anyone who thinks Eau Sauvage hasn't been badly reformulated needs to smell this. Fraicheur Cuir smells like pre-reformulated Eau Sauvage from about 15-20 years ago, but with less hedione and natural jasmine and less longevity. Regardless, this flanker still lasts longer and smells worlds better than current Eau Sauvage, which dries down to a smell similar to pool water on the skin after about 10 minutes. I'm not one lust after vintages and have previously refrained from dumping on reformulations until the past year or so; they're just getting too frequent to ignore or gloss over these days, especially with Dior (Eau Sauvage has been reformulated at least three times to my nose in 8 or so years. Pathetic).

taylorferguson
taylorferguson

Think I just bought the last bottle of this stuff left on the internet. This is some radical juice, like a nice sunny day in a bottle. Cop it if you can find it.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

I have never been an enthusiastic fan of all Eau Sauvage versions and flankers, I only love the vintage classic Eau Sauvage and the recent Extreme version from 2010. This Fraicheur Cuir is a rare and apparently rather neglected flanker which I barely heard about sometimes in then past, I assume also because it was a discontinued limited edition, and now that I got a bottle of it, I can see why it wasn’t apparently that successful. In fact, for being released in 2007, it smells extremely, amazingly close to the vintage version of classic Eau Sauvage, just – as the name says – with an elegant shade of thin, dry leather. That’s it, so the name is perfectly fit: it’s Eau Sauvage at its best, it’s fresh (with a slight, almost unperceivable but well-fitting sort of watery-ozonic vibe at first), and it has leather. All in the most respectable quality you can imagine. As simple as it gets: bracing and pungent at first, slightly more herbal than classic Eau Sauvage maybe (L’Homme de Grès kind of vibrant, pungent green bitterness), gently surrounded by a dry, dark, mannered and austere frame of dry leather, just tinged with a hint of powderiness (lavender, I assume), distantly reminding of some leathery feminine chypres. Simple, but fantastic. An amazing time capsule with a modern vibe, probably too elegantly nostalgic to find its way in nowadays’ market, and a precious and sophisticated homage to Dior’s golden era. Quite worth the price.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Am I the ONLY one who makes a connections between this frag with YSL Homme and Armani homme? At first sniff it start's off with the a very green citrusy aroma and woodsy/herbal blend.
When I first sprayed this juice, the opening aroma is a blast of Sicilian lemon which lasts for 40min without the harsh soar vib that some fragrance have.
After the juice settles down the aroma of leather combined with cedar gives this frag a twist from the classic.
Longevity and Silage are both very high lasting well past 6hrs.

Overall thoughts,
I must admit that I'm disappointed why Dior dropped this fragrance? It's taken me about 1yr to find a boutique that had one bottle tucked away. It's a shame because I find the fragrance unlike many others. Leather gives it a real masculinity identity. 8/10. In my opinion it's a all seasons fragrance.
Attention Dior...Please bring it back

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

The leather note is very very faint.
This is the one that fits the best my souvenir of the vintage version.
Nice but i need to apply lots to get it and make longevity acceptable.

Next time i will buy the extreme version, because it lasts so much more without loosing the Eau Sauvage identity.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Not for me. This is a musty old leather accompanied by a basic, and sort of dull lemon note. Overall, Fraicheur Cuir leaves a stuffy, kind of bland impression, and a more vibrant, robust execution of its theme can be found in Bel Ami by Hermes. I don't get the "Fraicheur" here, as it all smells a little stale to my nose. Not worth the high prices this discontinued flanker is now fetching, and you may want to look at the many other leather-with-citrus options available, such as Aqua di Parma's Colonia Intensa or Givenchy Gentleman.

Cassiano
Cassiano

In 2007, the in-house perfumer of Dior - François Demachy - decided to launch this fresher version with the presence of leather, in order to give continuity to the success of the original version (1966), which was followed by an Extreme version (1984).
Although possessing the DNA from the original version, with citrus and refined nuances, this fragrance is far from being as complex and powerful as the other.

The name means "the freshness of leather" (how?) and the composition brings notes of Sicilian lemon, in the output; Cedar and hedione (synthetic substance of sharp freshness), in the heart; Amber and leather, in the base.

Particularly, although I am a fan of the original version (which has already been reformulated, but remains excellent) and acknowledge its power and concept, I even like more of this version with a touch of leather, because I feel it a little less dated. However, unfortunately, the scent doesn’t last more than 3 hours on my skin, which I find absurd, because it is an expensive product with Dior’s surname.

Aside from the delicious aroma, the only positive point for anyone who has a bottle of this cologne is the exclusivity, since it is a limited edition.

I believe that, for the first time, I am disappointed by a fragrance of the Dior House.

Guapo
Guapo

The staying power is very, very weak.

For me the leather note doesn't work here; a discordant effect is created. Is Eau Sauvage Oud Supreme next? How about a similar leather note in Mitsouko? The original is excellent as it stands.

fuggerone
fuggerone

leather for summer, sparkling with citrus notes, good sillage, limited edition, what a shame!

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

I know three perfumes that have theme of leather and citrus: Bel ami, Je suis un homme and Eau sauvage cuir fraicheur. All those three are very different.

I usually imagine citrus notes to be top notes of perfume, lemon over leather. In this case it's the opposite. The base of scent is lemony freshness and it has some light leather over it. Yes, I know the official notes says it isn't so, but it's the impression I get.

One those leathers that are more suitable for warmer weathers.

8-/10

PeterWJ
PeterWJ

Unfortunately this one turns out a short 5 minute pleasure, although identical to the pre-formulated Eau Sauvage. The top notes then become synthetic-smelling and disappear quickly in honour of the (surprise!!) synthetic basenotes smell. This dominates the set for the next 2-3 hours. When it has quieted down it seems the basenotes become more natural. Actually they resemble those of the pre-formulated original Eau Sauvage pretty much spot on. (YipYip, but I miss the citric mix.) Additionally there is no sign of a strong leather vibe in this fragrance. Instead somewhat animalic undertones are present. So, if you're out looking for leather, hold your horses and ride back.

To be honest, I'm quite disappointed with the outcome on my skin this one has.
I can live with this fragrance, apply it once in a while, but never love it like I do the original stuff.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

A very nice, timeless fragrance. Clean citrus-leathery smell. It gives you the image of a good-looking guy, well groomed in an expensive car of fine interior...

The only downfall is, the staying power is weak. That's all...

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

✮✮✮✮✩
I like it much more than the original Eau Sauvage, it's less aggresive, more masculine and more natural to me. Go for this! Classic and worth buying it.

oliseeger
oliseeger

Bought this perfume yesterday because I'm relly interested in perfumes with leather.
Found it really good but it doesn't last long on my skyn.
Anyway...found quite interesting how this perfume can be fresh and also heave a smoothe leather tone!! A good choice for winter and summer!!

A subtle and almost imperceptible variation of the previous Eau Sauvage gently enriched with a shy and clean leather note and just a little of fruity notes. Not bad but go for the original.

mehrdad
mehrdad

Eau de toilette Fraîcheur Cuir

Dior re-interprets its timeless classic freshness. Masculine and elegant, Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir has retained the rare Sicilian-lemon freshness of its predecessor, but is modernized with its new contemporary touches. A floral and woody fragrance, an original leather-amber accord. A masculine leather note enhanced by highly sensual amber. A new kind of seduction, gentle and effervescent. Both chic and sport, Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir faithfully translates the expression of modernity.

به نقل از سایت دیور

mrdibiagio
mrdibiagio

En la el sitio es.osmoz.com, se lee la siguiente descripcion:

Top notes:
lemon, basil, bergamot, cumin

Heart notes:
hedion, jasmine, rose, carnation, sandalwood

Base notes:
leather, amber

Apicado a la piel, conserva la misma linea olfativa propia de la fragancia original, el cuero es casi impeceptible, y sirve principalmente apara adosarle una mayor duracion a la fragancia. El original "Sauvage" se evapora mas rapidamente.

My wife and my daughter fairly swooned with olfactory ecstasy. I thought it smelled pretty good too.

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.