Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Fève Délicieuse Christian Dior for women and men

Fève Délicieuse Christian Dior for women and men
dislike

Fève Délicieuse Christian Dior for women and men Pictures

Dior launched a new fragrance as part of the exclusive collection La Collection Privée. The new scent is centered on Venezuelan tonka beans, named Fève Délicieuse. It comes out in May 2015.

The perfume was created by in-house perfumer Francois Demachy as a sophisticated oriental – gourmand harmony. Tonka bean smells like a mixture between caramel, almonds and cut hay, milky sweet, but also bitter. The composition includes notes of tonka bean, vanilla, caramel, cocoa, pralines and woody accords.

The fragrance is available in bottles of 120, 250 and 450 ml Eau de Parfum.

Lavender Mint

Sour Cherry Freesia Jasmine

Benzoin Caramel Cedar Cacao Pod Tonka Bean Leather Sandalwood Vanilla Milk Praline

Fève Délicieuse Fragrance Reviews

H2Ono
H2Ono

Mmmm, bAby... Don't cAre if it's AlwAys summer here, i will try to weAr this As much As possible, probAbly At cold movie theATers, nightclubs. MAhAlo, dior.

Meeru99
Meeru99

Really interesting scent - I do for a few minutes get a herby lavander hit but it quickly goes on to a sour cherry leading through to the tonka bean. It's quite addictive, just couldn't stop smelling it but couldn't make up my mind whether I love the smell as a stand alone smell or would like to actually wear it.

Mihirj
Mihirj

Speechless

juji
juji

I'm about to cry! I just opened and sprayed on this divine perfume, a decant sent to me by the sweetest member, theladymay , and I'm in Tonka heaven! It is to die for; I'm going to look for a bottle I can afford immediately . I knew I'd love it when reading the reviews, but wow- if you love s luscious Tonka then this is for you! Full bottle worthy, hands down !

smellydude
smellydude

It takes a while but wait for that masterfully blended drydown, it's effin gorgeous! Francois Demachy knows his art very well!

Sheza
Sheza

Thank you to a lovely fragrantican for the sample in with my swap...on initial spray I get mentholated lavender, quite bracing and very promising, this very quickly settled into a soft skin scent and stayed quite linear. Creamy and chocolatey and a gourmand lovers dream. It doesn't feel complete to me, feels like the base of a perfume. Just nice- didn't really excite me.
I've been trying to remember what this reminds me of in the drydown, it came to me- Gaultier 2...fraction of the price and they are very similar!

ritch
ritch

gourmand sweetie.. in a similar style to Muglers line. The cherry and caramel vibe reminds me of a cross between A-Men and pure havane, without the tabacco and tar notes.

Definitely too feminine for me, not something that I'd wear really. Each to their own... if you like sweet frags and gourmands and are a fan of thierry mugler you might love this.

dzingunyte
dzingunyte

totally gorgeous scent!! it lingered on my neck whole day! this is how sweet fragrance should smell,a perfect example. nothing more to add:gorgeous!! :)

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

I tried this one on my trip to London. After hearing so much about it I had to try it. And I liked it a lot. I was confused between getting this one or Ambre nuit but I end up getting this one for myself and Ambre Nuit for my father.

The chocolate is so good to smell on this one but for me not as good as Chocolate Greedy. This is definetly a unisex scent just like CG. Can't wait for the colder days to wear this one :D

lastcenturymodern
lastcenturymodern

I'm going to go straight to the point and say that sure, there's a sort of cheap, synthetic, plastic toy-ish aspect to this, but there's also something charming about the way it hovers awkwardly between tasty and inedible. The chocolate is dry and crumbly, the milk's a bit sour, the cherries are more like artificially flavored gummies, and the tonka with its half-assed "vanillic aroma" pushes it even further into supermarket candy territory. But there's something special about the way it all comes together, creating this waxy, chunky, junk-y smell of something you want to put in your mouth but know you shouldn't. (The pun possibilities are endless, this being named the way it is)
What's wrong with it is that it's Dior Privee and hence grossly overpriced with pretentions of a Michelin dessert served on a diamond platter. This is the kind of thing that should be scooped out of a bag and shoved into the mouth by the handful while watching game of thrones on a weeknight.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

This perfume is really something. I have tried it for some days and I found it amazing. It is superb product.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

illahuasca
illahuasca

I'm not big on reviewing, but I decided to write one for Feve Delicieuse (FD) because few reviews have underscored the potency of the mint in this fragrance. I've sold fragrance samples on eBay and this Dior offering was by far my most popular item--it's obviously an intriguing scent, and I can intuit a few reasons why.

FD opens with a chilly blast of mentholated lavender, cherry, and earthy sweetness (which I presume is the tonka). I liken the sensation of the top notes to an expansion of water freezing in the sinuses--bracing, refreshing, and with the same opening quality as Vick's vapor rub. The top notes are unique to my collection, and dare I say, brave and polarizing in one of Dior's dullest decades. FD's opening gives it a unisex, or potentially masculine feel--both sexes could comfortably wear it without breaking traditional gender roles.

After about 3-4 hours a nutty chocolate note emerges, tempered out by the hay-like quality of the tonka and the chemical bite of tar (used to mimic the scent of leather, a feat perfumery hasn't completely accomplished). If you're concerned, FD doesn't bear the same DNA as Addict (a scrubber to me if there ever was any), whose tonka-vanilla mix is oppressively and relentlessly warm and bready. Rather, this fragrance takes on a sweet, dry quality that won't threaten to suck the air from a room in summer.

Vanilla sweetens the mix, but it plays second fiddle to practically every other note in the list (excepting the lavender, flowers, and woods). It's a supporting role, not a lead. FD couldn't be more different from vanilla fragrances such as Tobacco Vanille and Spiriteuse Double Vanille while staying within the gourmand genre. If you're a fan of sweetness, and PARTICULARLY of mint, I think this would be a safe blind buy. With its intriguing transiton from ice (vis a vis the medicinal cherry-mint) to sweet warmth, FD likely won't replicate anything in your collection.

Longevity and sillage are average to good, although it softens to a skin scent quickly. I'll always keep a bottle of this in my collection--luckily the smallest size available is already gigantic. A spring/summer scent for gourmand lovers.

Musky4
Musky4

There's no doubt this is a perfume of superb quality that smells really expensive, but it's just too unisex for me and not my cup of tea. Probably just as well considering the price! That said, I will more than likely try this again... just to be sure.

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

Smells delicious, reminded me of cotton candy, good but didn't blow my socks way, not for the price especially. But I do believe it's a bit hard not to try bite someone wearing this perfume ;)

nikhilsharan
nikhilsharan

One day Dior homme intense met the new lidge by guerlain....they had a crazy time together....and feve deliceuse was born. Try em both and thank me later.

Alex1984
Alex1984

Today I decided to try Feve Delicieuse, with no expectations. I was testing the Dior Oud's once again, and after realizing that I should have bought them when they were still strong (they stilI are, just not as much) I gave myself 2 spritzes of Feve and went along my way browsing at an almost empty Sunday afternoon department store.

Between the samples on my skin and the highly charged air around the fragrance counters, Feve didn't really stand out. So I went out and decided to grab a coffee at a nearby Sbux.

Giving my nose a break allowed me to smell Feve with ease. I could get whiffs of it without glueing my nose to my wrist, and the cold air somehow made it grow stronger.
What I get primarily is cozy tonka, benzoin, smoky vanilla and powdery ¿iris?
Now, there are many similar fragrances covering the same theme; Tobacco Vanille (too sweet and heavy), Mona's Vanille (short lived on me), SDV (one of the few Guerlain's that doesn't work on me) and A*men. Yes, I know, it doesn't seem to be similar, but the general idea is more or less the same; smoky vanilla, boozyness, lots of tonka/coumarin, milky facets and/or chocolate, ambery sweetness and powder.
Feve embodies these ideas and treats them with a lighter hand. It takes the core of the above fragrances and removes the excess. The result is something more akin to old school powdery orientals; Shalimar, Habanita, and to an extent, Musc Ravageur.

So, what I'm left with is a grown up smoked vanilla, bitter cocoa that transforms to milky chocolate, sweet benzoin that feels golden and ambery, and a powdery feel that recalls iris, though it's not listed. It's a dry gourmand on my skin, an updated 20's oriental with no cavity inducing sweetness that feels elegant and cozy like a cashmere sweater at the same time.

Very good sillage and longevity is, so far after 6 hours, very good.
I guess this time I'll have to bite the bullet soon, before future reformulations make me mad for not buying it when it was still good and strong.

psebi101
psebi101

This is a real creamy and luxurious scent, fairly linear. I mostly smell sweet praline/toffee with bitter cacao powder, that balances the overall sweetness so it won't feel too sweet and the smell feels natural.
4-5 hours in and the cacao becomes less prominent and the scent feels even more creamy and milkier.
It's definitely a gourmand, not cloying and I like that the vanilla isn't overpowering.

Projection: 7/10

Definitely masculine to my nose, the hay note breaks the sweetness and gives it a not so nice vibe in my opinion. A real bitter vibe throughout.
I don't feel it smells so delicious, it is a mix of strange notes, and on my skin it is actually not so nice...expensive, try before buying, I am glad I did..I expected smoother, nicer, more feminine...I don't know if it is Arabic smelling, more like the great outdoors, not in a good way.

shushkin

It is totally delish. No kidding. Lots of tonka, vanilla and cocao. Tonka is definitely the dominant note here with cocao powder not far behind. This looks as if it would be a sickly sweet mess but no it isnt I think the magic comes from the lavender, cherry and mint which accent the heavier base notes of benzoin etc perfectly. The lavender gives almost a smokiness and an edge which really perfects this gourmand. Fantastic sillage and longevity.

jays786
jays786

Love love love this scent... just bought 6 bottles... 2x450ml 3x250ml 1x125ml
Soon the watered down version will be on the market... sample and stock up NOW.

Beyonder
Beyonder

Une fève réellement délicieuse! Un parfum gourmand et envoutant.

ryan.christofano
ryan.christofano

one word:Perfection of sweetness

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - bitter cacao, sour milk, praline & tonka.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

Monkeys
Monkeys

One of the current «Flavors of the Month», like we so often see online, as I'm typing this so I was eager to try Fève Délicieuse (While always keeping an impartial mind and not falling for the hype!). I have to say I enjoy it quite a bit and I've been testing it intensively for the past couple of weeks. At first I found it “meh” but like it happens some times, it's grown on me with time which is always an intriguing part of this hobby.

To describe what I get out of it I'd say take tonka bean obviously (Which smells bittersweet, a lot like almond and the fans of that note could fall head over heels for this fragrance), a little vanilla extract, caramel, cacao powder and a couple of red slightly sour cherries. Put them in a blender. Add creamy milk in there as the blender keeps going until you get a dry, light brown powder out of your ingredients. Apply some of it on your wrist, get a whiff of it and you'll know what Fève smells like.

The note breakdown could easily scare any sweet and/or gourmand perfume hater. But don't be. I'm not saying you'll love it but at least give it a try! Why? Cause the most interesting part of this creation is while it's using what looks like a dessert recipe it's really not THAT sweet in my opinion. There is actually an airy and bright vibe roaming over this fragrance. Also a very subtle darker/smokier twist to it and, like I've said, the fact that it's bittersweet, a bit powdery and not syrupy as a hay note/accord is incorporated, all that makes it very wearable and even classy.

Everyone should try any fragrance if he/she is interested in it even if it doesn't seem like her/his taste based on notes, cause we never know when we'll find great exceptions... But mention here to people who find fragrances like Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille or Kilian's Back to Black to be "too much" but would want something in the same ... vein without smelling the same. Fans of Dior Homme/Homme Intense, Hermes Ambre Narguile and Chergui by Serge Lutens could also love it.

K1
K1

Typical coumarin/vanilla compositions are like car without fuel. It's car after all but you can't drive a yard.

Fève Délicieuse is a base that should have had something attached to but all presented is just more sweetness that camouflages within the context and doesn't show up. Generally two main vertexes are vanilla and tonkene®. The rest just conjures up a sweet delicious vibe that smells like confectionery in summer.

I can't call it a complete perfume. It's like a part of a perfume released under prestigious name. It's yummy, warm, exotic and sweet. If you release it in Demeter bottle no one would surprise but it only sells over 200 bucks under Dior's authority.

ترکیب متداول کومارین/وانیل مثل اتومبیل بدون سوخت هست، اتومبیل هست به هر صورت اما نمیتونین صد متر راش ببرین

فِو دلیسیوز بستر عطری هست که میبایست عناصر دیگه ای روش سوار بشن اما تمام چیزی که ارائه میده تِم بیشتر شیرینی هست که توی ساختار شیرین وانیل/تونکا مستتر میشه و نمایش داده نمیشه. به طور عام، دو رأس عطر وانیل و کومارین هستن؛ دو مادۀ ارزون قیمت که توی صنایع مختلف کاربرد گسترده دارن. باقی عناصر تشکیل دهندۀ عطر فقط تم شیرین رو شدید میکنن و حس شکلات فروشی رو توی تابستون میدن

نمیتونم این رو یه عطر کامل بدونم. این فقط قسمتی از یه عطر هست که تحت نام باپرستیژ دیور بیرون اومده. خوشمزه هست، گرم و شیرین هست و اگزوتیک. اگه این عطر رو توی شیشه های یه برند ارزون بریزن و بفروشن کسی شک نمیکنه و قادعتا بیشتر از 20 دلار هم کسی پول نمیده، اما فقط تحت لیسانس دیور هست که همه بالای 200 دلار پول براش میدن

Dychotomous
Dychotomous

I finally got a chance to test this fragrance. Looking at the notes and hearing / reading all the hypes about it I was so eager to try this. Also since I genuinely like Dior Homme Intense (original version) and many other Dior fragrances the more I was positive I would love this fragrance.
So my decant finally arrived and I rushed to get a spray out of it. And there it was a nice sweet smell. And unfortunately that is all it left me with. Just a nice ok smell. Nothing mind blowing for me. I was left quite underwhelmed to be frank. Yes it has some gourmand touch to it however not much that impressed me. It's indeed reminiscent to fragrances like Dolcelesir and Meharees etc. By that I mean it has the same kind of texture and feel to it and their natural smelling quality. I can agree with the comments it has a cookie / pastry kind of vibe to it but not overly foody.
HOWEVER! Let me be fair and stop commenting about what I think about it in relation to what I expected from it and if it falls into my taste of fragrances:
This fragrance very much succeeded it's goal, which is focusing on the theme of Tonka Bean. I have smelled Tonka Bean absolute as a raw ingredient before, and this fragrance did a good job in portraying that. To all those Tonka Bean lovers out there, you are really in for quite a treat with this fragrance. Because that is what this fragrance pays homage to TONKA BEAN (smell)!

StessaStessa
StessaStessa

Wow.... Was on the fence about getting this so I bought a decant. This now has to be my favorite scent I've yet discovered. It is powdery in a semi-fresh way, but still smells gourmand-like. To me, I envision a smoky oven with white chocolate macadamia nut cookies baking inside. It is not a smoky fragrance, but has that type of wispy, deep vibe. In spite of all that, like many people have said, it is not too sweet. It smells grown up and quite feminine, but can be pulled off extremely easily by any man. Amazing.. will 100% be purchasing a full bottle when my decant runs out (which, by my estimate, will be quite soon!)

ab1st
ab1st

The longer I wore this the more it reminded me of L. de Lolita Lempicka.
To me it dried down to a cross between Lolita & Micallef Note Vanillee.
Its very good, but too similar to the two mentioned above for me to get exited about.

enocg21
enocg21

First full wearing today.. I like it but don't love it like I thought I would. Maybe that can change the more I wear it. Definitely a try for gourmand lovers. Got about 8 hours of longevity today. Also has a small resemblance to DHI

Edit- After wearing this a few more times this has become a love. This is really good and can't get enough.

gregk
gregk

I'm still debating whether I like this or not. I'm mostly getting a strong lipstick/make-up bag scent up front, which dies down quickly enough into light baby powder and then a nice warm vanilla. I'm getting a hint of the pastry and cherry notes people have mentioned, but barely.

noseyboysniffy

I just got back home from pulling the trigger on a full bottle of Fève at my local Dior boutique! Hellz yeah!

noseyboysniffy

There's absolutely no connection with Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanile, I don't know why people are comparing it to TV, I am so glad it doesn't smell like TV. TV is a harsh bag of cinnamon and spices simmering in a dark vanilla infused tobacco stew and Fève Délicieuse is actually a WEARABLE, bright, floral, semi sweet, airy and deliciously perfect gourmand.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

I wouldn’t say that Fève Delicieuse (“delicious bean”, or in North-Center Italian slang, “delicious d*ck”) smells completely horrid, but it’s really almost there. It doesn’t really “smell Dior”, and surely not “Collection Privée”. Not that the rest of the line was breath-taking, but Fève is basically nothing different quality-wise and overall concept-wise from the cheapest Oriental-gourmand ranges of fragrances and grooming products sold in drugstores or supermarkets. Stuff like Italian brands I coloniali, or Tesori d’Oriente - but way below Les Nereides or L’Erbolario, to give you a rough idea of how cheap this is. Imagine that kind of stuff blended with some sort of clumsy imitative Mugler-esque kind of “allure”, sort of echoing some A*Men flankers but without that consistency and playfulness (and they cost half of this anyway).

Basically Fève Delicieuse is a thick, annoyingly flat and cloyingly artificial Oriental-gourmand candy of vanilla, amber, tonka, cedar, powdery-caramel and spicy notes tinged with a tame hint of smoke and some pleasant sort of earthy-vegetable suble nuances, which are quite nondescript but help in lowering the diabete-inducing ratio of sweetness and represent the only sparkle of interest in this disgraceful bucket of dullness. There is basically no evolution and no particular “twists”, just a sticky slap of melted toffee candies laying on your skin, decreasing in power as hours pass – thus becoming more pleasant. Sweetness is the main and most feature of Fève Delicieuse: mediocre, cheap, unrealistic, alienating sweetness, truly comparable with any low-brow drugstore gourmand scent for teenagers. I was not the most enthusiastic fan of the rest of the “Collection Privée” collection apart from Leather Oud, but still I clearly got a sense of decent quality, complexity and craft among the others – or at least, some efforts for that. To this extent Fève Delicieuse is an astonishing ugly duckling among them (minus the happy ending), since it smells not only cheap, but also completely uninspired, simplistic, tired, a more than generic “déja-vu” with a crazy price tag and no reasons to exist. If you’re a fan of The Office US, then I’m Michael and this is my Toby.

4,5/10

Quim
Quim

After preliminary testing this reminds me of a slightly more feminine cherry version of Dior Homme Intense.

ActiumG
ActiumG

Vanilla Chip Cherry Cookies, dries down to Cherry Bakewell Pastry, Yum !!!

seekritdude
seekritdude

I was really hyped about this one, I like a lot of gourmand fragrances, and the frag community seems to love this one. Alas it was not meant to be, which perhaps is a good thing as I hate feeling like the urge to spend this money on something...

I see this compared to a lot of stuff and its all over the place what people seem to think it smells like, DHI, SDV, tonka imperial, TV, the list goes on..

Well its certainly very foody, and sweet. And it also has that sorta pasty, jam kinda food smell quality to it. Which im not a big fan of the pasty/jam sorta vibe. Maybe someones cooking some kinda pie or something, and theres some dry cherry paste on it, with some lingering cocoa powder dust in the air. With also a touch of a green element there. But saying that kinda makes it sound more interesting than I think it deserves. (although once it dries down it does smell better to me, but that being said this thing lasts a good while so..)

Anyway I guess to the people that liken this to something like DHI well I definitely agree its got a very dry kinda dusty part to it which the fragrance community tends to love. And to the people that compare it to tonka imperial well I dont get that so much but I do think it kinda reminds me of back to black(which reminds me of tonka imperial.. Hopefully that made sense). Might sound strange, as they dont smell the same but its got a vibe that reminds me of it sans the dry down of course.

Anyway I dunno,just to jammy, pasty, and dry and dusty for me. Dry down is nice for what it is though... But ya kinda lost on me, but I guess I can see why the frag community tends to love it as its just that kinda vibe that gets hyped for some reason. Performance wise projection wasnt crazy, but longevity is good. Compliment wise honestly I didnt get many compliments when ive tried this out. Compliments are random but honestly I got a fair share of you smell like a girl, or even the dreaded smells like something my grandma would wear. *shiver*

maybe just bad luck with that, but hey just being honest lol. Ill use the rest of my small decant but over all not worth the hype its gotten for me.

amer1212
amer1212

"Fève Délicieuse"

The luck this days its to find something that wakes up the senses , the feelings , taking us to another place of beauty , safe & sensitivity , its like fall in love with someone sharing the same feelings like you !

Magical quite sweet opening delicate little complex , I find here in the mainly act of notes , cinnamon with little tobacco pipe mixed with tonka beans , cherry syrup & musky amberi-sh little sweet benzoin plays in the background .

I am not that fun of Dior house honestly its not my taste , but I find my self in this masterpiece near the another master work form this house "Eau Nior" which takes my attention .

"Fève Délicieuse" its maybe one of the most beautiful and delicate perfumes I tried in the last period , well balanced its so tasty , quality , refined , wearable , sexy.

one of the best from Dior thumbs up .

Piece of love & beauty .
10/10 .

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Wow, this knocked my socks off. It's a gourmand for true gourmand lovers and it makes my vanilla-loving heart happy.
Here in the US, the Girl Scouts sell cookies and my favorites are called "Samoas". They have a carmelized coconut filing with a layer of chocolate. That's what this fragrance smells like to me - it's like eating Samoas in Heaven. I get a warm caramel note and just a tad of chocolate.

Let's get this straight, I think comparisons to lesser tonka bean fragrances are wrong because the designer, warm, vanillin base which serves as tonka beans is just not that accurate. Guerlain Ideal is a prime example of this...don't be fooled Dior have a quality scent here, yet again.
Feve Delicieuse is high quality both in terms of the tonka element and the vanilla opening up very sweet and I think possibly excluding those of us who don't have a sweet tooth and are not really gourmand fans.
Luckily, as it happens I am... and I absolutely loved this fragrance from the first sniff. I had perfume on at the time and subsequently got my girlfriend to put it on her skin and see how it went. Well chemistry does matter but really not that much in my opinion, so I interpret the smell on her to be what it would be on me.
I get a very warm, boozy, caramelized praline smell which is reminiscent of Amaretto, strange though because there's no almond just an effect coming from the tonka beans with a wonderful blend of that Guerlain double vanilla essence and a hint of cooca.
My girlfriend really didn't like this BTW it was far too sweet for her and I can see why although I thought she would begin to like it as it mellowed and dried down...but no ...still too sweet.
I'm pretty sold on this fragrance but I will need further testing to reach a conclusion...is it worth £165 for 125ml? That is in the eye of the beholder but it's certainly up there with top gourmands I've tried.

Update: Having worn this a couple of times now I can safely say the quality and performance are right up there. I've had a shower since yesterday and I can still faintly smell some vanilla goodness on my skin. As far as a sweet gourmand goes this is easily one of the best, It's reminiscent of that 'custard' vibe I get from the Guerlain L'Art et la Matiere line but this is even better performing generally.

butterbean
butterbean

The OFFICIAL notes according to Dior website are ONLY the following:

CALABRIAN BERGAMOT
TONKA BEAN ABSOLUTE
MADAGASCAR VANILLA

nsquared
nsquared

Really, really wanted to like this after all the praise that it is receiving. I love tonka and vanilla, but there are 2 things turning me off: one is the very medicinal opening, and the second is the "baby powder" accord. It just simply gets too powdery for me to enjoy.

UPDATE: I can't believe I'm saying this… But after a few more wearings I think I'm actually starting to love this. The powder is not as strong as I first remembered it. The cherry and praline notes are really fantastic.

shushkin

I have a good sized decant of this as there is no way I could afford the fb. Initially, in the first half hour I wasnt very impressed. It just smelt sweet, slightly spciey vanilla and pretty meh. The thing is something rather amazing then starts to happen. It sort of expands around you and your surrounded in a cloud of sweet spicey vanillary loveliness. Its definitely dominated by the tonka and vanilla with the caramel and cocao closely following on. There is a milky quality and yes, i get the leather and cherry. I'm sorry I didnt appreciate this fragrance the first time around. It is pretty delish but still too pricey. Oh well, its fun to smell like the wealthy for the day.

Buysblind
Buysblind

A little Tobacco Vanille, a little Ambre Narguile, and just a touch of Dior Homme. At the same time, Feve Delicieuse is clearly its own scent and perhaps more refined and impressive than the others. It opens with a medicinal cherry note that reminded me very much of Sucrets throat lozenges, and almost induces a mild, anesthetic tingle. It's cool and numbing, a full-bodied cherry paired subtly with an icy menthol-like mint. This is a great beginning as far as I'm concerned, as there's almost something a little off-putting about it--or at the very least--unusual. It's the kind of addictive opening you're curious to experience again, and seems to become more satisfying each time . The cherry note fizzes alongside a bright, spicy aspect that could easily pass for cinnamon. While it's not a BIG cinnamon, it's nice and lively and has the kind of snappy bite I enjoy. It feels fresh.

Underneath the cherry and cinnamon, Feve Delicieuse possesses an excellent base built around Tonka Bean. Rich milky caramel notes and a buttery-soft glowing vanilla are subtle, marked by a lightly roasted nuance that serves as an accent to the overall flavor of the fragrance. Aspects of the heart resemble Tabac Rouge and by association, Tobacco Vanille, though here you can replace the tobacco note with tonka bean--sort of a sweeter, almond-y tobacco smell. Way in the background you can pick up on light, sweet floral notes.

This is Tonka done right-a sophisticated and meticulously crafted gourmand that's an absolute pleasure to smell; perfect for an intimate evening in or out. Projection is moderate--it sits closely but maintains a subtle presence. Longevity is 8 hours plus. Sold as part of Dior's Privee line, Feve Dellcieuse is an expensive fragrance but I believe the price is warranted in this instance. It smells great and there's no question of its quality or the skill of the perfumer who put it all together. Thumbs up. Highly Recommended.

acidnbase
acidnbase

This is François Demachy's personalized representation of the Tonka Bean; a masterpiece that plays around the sweetness and bitterness of the note.. The name perfectly fits, this is truly a delectable concoction.. I would agree, it's one of the best (if not the best) gourmand scents ever created.. There's nothing to dislike about it! A must have!

micavana
micavana

I go a sample of this yesterday and am wearing it today for the first time. I 100% agree with Snel Hest bellow me.

"It smells as if Guerlain Shalimar and Spiritueuse Double Vanille got a baby together, and that baby had a baby with Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille."

It is not a bad scent, but it don't knock my socks off. At that price point I would rather just buy Tobacco Vanille or Double Vanille.

snel hest
snel hest

I just got a 3 ml sample of this today.

Sweet, leathery and smokey. It's nice but I find it a little hard to wear for some reason. It's a little too much of everything for my taste. It's not bad, but please try before you buy.

I like this one and might well wear it, especially in winter, if I could afford it. Not now. Anyway I like to spray it when I pass by a rare counter that carries it. All in all, many Diors in this line smells so much better than mainstream, but I have a doubt this is due to poor quality mainstream rather than sublime work here. Fève Délicieuse is mainly about feve tonka, of course, but it was mingled with too much caramel and sweet stuff, vaguely balanced by herbal notes. It is interesting to smell and wear, I'm not just sure that it deserves the high pricetag. I'm a long time admirer of Guerlain's way of doing tonka and I guess I'm a little spoiled, which is a bit silly of me, since all tonka now is made synthetical. Maybe a different way of blending? Anyway this one is a very pleasant, powdery sweet/herbal concoction that might well fulfill a desire for different, interesting and aromatic fragrance.
I wish I could take off caramel and praline out of this one, because it is really too much and don't allow other notes to develop graciously.
I smell it feminine, but could be unisex.
It's very longlasting and it lingers like a soft blanket on skin.
I'm grateful that perfumes' names don't get translated: that would have been quite embarassing in my language... but I'm probably a naughty oldie, LOL

sameh
sameh

So , let me see Fève Délicieuse by Christian Dior has
vanilla, caramel, cocoa, pralines , my favorite sweets in life , so hell i wana smell it as i have from the same line Oud Ispahan & i love it.
P.S. Can hardly wait till it comes to egypt.

farazg
farazg

In the same genre as scents like Tobacco Vanille and Pure Havanne but my God this is so exuberant and refined.

A sweet, rich and refined smell. I get a honey candle aroma with hints of praline but there's something in there that stops it from being too sweet which I can't quite put my finger on.

If you're looking for something classy that you can wear at night and to more formal events - this is perfect!

Recently I've been layering this with ADP Colnia Leather or a touch of Tuscan Leather and this just works so well!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

On my skin Feve opens with lavender, woods, mint and a bit of cacao with a good dose of resins in the background. I am not a huge benzoin fan but it is a nice backdrop here to the other notes and provides a good bass line for the rest of the fragrance. Feve smells herbalish and woody with a touch of tonka in the background for about an hour on my skin. I like these initial notes and find them very pleasant.

After about an hour, the tonka and vanilla start to take over and the scent reminds me a bit of Spiriteuse Double Vanilla, but not as deep or complex.
In the final drydown I get lovely vanilla and praline notes but the juice never turns gooey gourmandish on my skin at all. I can still smell the lovely lavender, benzoin and woods in the drydown balancing out any sweetness. I like this fragrance more each time I wear it. I originally thought I would not buy an FB, but I may change my mind.

naipe
naipe

I agree this is not the typical gourmand scent, although the notes could suggest that it is a sugar bomb. In effect what makes the difference and gives seriousness and solid elegance to the fragrance is a smoky accord that approaches to roasted sugar or honey sporadically... actually it smells very close to a typical candy sold in festivals and fairs in Spain called "almendra garrapiñada", which is basically roasted almonds with sugar. It is delicious and worth a try but personally I would not like to smell myself like this although I consider that there would not be better fragrance for my home than it.

Annica
Annica

What's not to love with this perfume? Absolutely delicious and beatiful fragrance with a gourmand feeling, without being too sweet.
Quality throughout. 10/10.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

I've seen it before, Dior!

It's very reminiscent of Brecourts farah, dolcelisir, ambre narguile.

Tiny bit disappointed, nice scent but doesn't really "fill a need" in my wardrobe. This isn't a sugary gourmand, very balsamic/bit powdery

diondra
diondra

I get mostly a combination of cinnamon buns and random bath bombs from Lush. I don't consider this a gourmand but rather an sweet aromatic and slightly smoky (balsamic?) fragrance. It's a bit more masculine than I would like it to be and I'd rather see this on a guy than myself.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

At first sniff, Feve Delicieuse smells like any other vanilla-tonka-perfumed thing - something along the lines of VC&A's "Midnight in Paris". Very clearly unisex, mildly spicy, a bit sweet, but all a jumble, and fairly unimpressive!

Once you're a few minutes into the drydown, and the fragrance can settle - the different gourmand nuances come together, and the uncomfortable "perfumed" aspect fades away! The result is something gourmand, but dry. Sweet, which gives a syrupy impression - and spicy, giving a somewhat leathery/woody impression! The caramel in this is gorgeous, and when combined with the wood & tonka, there's no chance of coming out smelling like a cupcake!

Such a comforting, dry & warm dry-down; Perfect for cooler weather, and easily suited for man, woman, or anyone in between! Not a gourmand-bomb of vanilla cookies & chocolate sprinkles, this has a lot of depth and feeling, all different types of contradicting textures, and a zen attitude. Sillage & longevity are impressive, which only helps this fragrance win me over! I had this on my skin for 24 hours, and it just gets better with time; Divine! I almost didn't want to fall in love with this one, as I have enough gourmands in my collection... but this stands out from the pack.

Feve Delicieuse feels like the mellowed out concoction of Cologne of the Missions, Tobacco Vanille & Midnight in Paris. If the atmosphere of any of these suit you, definitely don't pass up a chance to try Feve Delicieuse!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The name matches this legitimate gourmand.
Feve opens with an original, intense and very nice tonka, from the beginning to the end, and within, together appears the bitter touch through almond and becomes especially sweet and tasty, has nuances of Tonka Imperiale but on my nose has a little inferior quality.
Accompanies such an intense aroma cinnamon or caramel as in description, a means of dessert air and behind my head appears something of Ambre Narguile, kind of cherry mixed together, but less balanced and even much more gourmand.
Drying, the vanilla comforts all the fragrance, giving more flavor and ending this delicious perfume, appears a shy chord of leather, very interesting and well done, but nothing groundbreaking to me.

Rating: 8,5-9/10

josevancouver
josevancouver

I picked up a bottle of this a week ago. After a few wearings, here are my first impressions (always subject to change):

- not as heavy or as sweet as other fragrances I have owned or worn. Somewhat of a lighter gourmand scent. Don't agree this is that similar to Guerlain Ideal (which I owned) as I don't believe it is as heavy or as sweet. I do understand the comparison though. This one is better done.

- Very nice tonka/vanilla notes...don't get as much caramel, but need to wear this more.

Summary - I like this (don't love it yet). I like DHI better (if you want comparisons) as a cold weather scent. I think this is a Fall scent....not sure about winter. I think it is a quality scent from Dior. In the end, I prefer Bois D'argent to this....I think I like this more than Ambre Nuit.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

I love Dior Leather Oud, Oud Ispahan, Ambre Nuit, DH family and Fahrenheit, but this one is too sweet...... It smells like Guerlain L'Homme Ideal. It performs also similar to it. It also reminds me of 1 million.

Not for me

Liquidasset77
Liquidasset77

Very elegant and refined yet with an edge.Gourmand yet boozy with bitter sweetness.
You will pick up vanilla, tonka bean, hits of caramel and cinnamon spice. Very masculine, more than I expected which for me is a celebration. I've even picked up a boozy Scotch accord. Similar in the way Dior Homme Intense or Valentino Uomo pull you in.
A scent which casts a spell and guarantees to stay in your memory. Carnal by nature and delicate in essence, it produces something of a tiny miracle: caressing the senses and relaxing the body, making it as easy as breathing for the skin to smell good.

lilalina
lilalina

Wow! This is very strong! The opening is a little spicy, a lot of tonka and caramelised wood with a sprinkle of cinnamon.. Definitely something to wear during winter, ultimate comfort scent!

ilsagold
ilsagold

Without tonka bean and caramel notes this could have been less sweet and unisex. Still curious to smell the meeting of vanilla and cacao under Dior flag.

Sharks
Sharks

This started off a bit scary and mentholated to me. Then the chocolate proceeded to enter and this felt almost like an homage to DH or DHI. It settles as a lovely tonka/vanilla with a hint of cinnamon and caramel. It does veer a bit masculine IMO. Also this may be sacrilegious, but it reminds me a bit of Madonna Truth or Dare Naked!

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

deadidol's review is superb and I agree 100%. This is a gorgeous boozy smoky dry vanilla with a splash of something at the very beginning that reminds me of anise. Unisex, but I think better served to be worn by men. If a man walked by me and he was wearing this, I'd scoop him up into a liqueur glass and drink him up!

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

Just got this in the mail via a split. Upon the opening this smells a lot like DHI where the vanilla and chocolate are dominant. About an hour in is where the caramel and tonka bean play a nice part. Smells great and you can smell the great quality. Christian Dior has once again out out a wonderful fragrance. This is going to be a night out scent for me in the very near future. A true gourmand lovers paradise.

Mr.T1

I agree with both of Sezyvex, and deadidol. Generally speaking I also don't like La privee collection from Dior. The only three that make sense to me is Gris, Isphan, and Mitzah. The last one is being discontinued. Regarding the new one ( feve delicious) it is too sweet, and I think it is very hard for a man to wear it. Today I received a sample from Las Vegas Dior for the new one, and I would say even though I like vanilla, this perfume went far away from being a gift to some of my family members. In other words, I really don't like this perfume at all.
Thanks for reading!

deadidol
deadidol

Disclaimer: Generally speaking, I dislike like the Dior Privee line and I also dislike gourmand, dry vanilla perfumes. Contrary to popular opinion, I consider scents like Tobacco Vanille to be a crime against the senses. This, however, is very good.

There’s a fresh, herbal-citrus kind of note at the top that establishes a tone of refinement by briefly hearkening back to more traditional styles of perfume. It gives the scent an aerated crispness, but it’s a subtle effect rather than appearing as a defined, prominent citrus. This opening has a slight herbal, almost cedar-like texture to it but it veers green and even a tad grassy / leafy. Within minutes, it blooms into the tonka / vanilla core — an intricate, gradual maneuver that seems meticulously timed. The gourmand aspects are perfectly handled — they’re barely sweet and there’s nothing even remotely cloying about them. The scent smells vanillic, but nutty and crisp at the same time. At no point does it read as overly foody, maintaining instead a more organic, stem-like effect with a slight smokiness to it. It’s surprisingly elegant for a genre that tends to pound the wearer into sugary submission.

Make no bones about it, it’s definitely a vanilla scent, but it’s surprising how Dior had wrangled this away from the kind of traps that this style tends to fall into. It’s not sickly at all — it’s not foody; it’s not cloying; and it keeps from smelling like a cheap candle. This is far more versatile than I expected it to be, and, although it becomes quite linear after the opening sequence (it sits close to the skin as well), there’s a good amount of depth packed into it. I’ll probably return to this review after I’ve spent more time with the scent, but for a gourmand-hater such as myself, this one’s surprising. A green, crisp, ventilated take on an otherwise claustrophobic genre that doesn't smash you over the head.

Michael1962
Michael1962

I cant wait to try this and I agree with a previous comment but since I live in Australia it sounds perfect for autumn/winter.

Mr.T1

Hi everyone. By the way guys, if you are interested in having or buying this perfume, you would be able to buy it from Dior botique at Las Vegas. Their phone number is 7027341183. I just ordered one!

Sanjar
Sanjar

Dior has outdone themselves again! La Collection takes a visit to gourmand land with a syrupy sweet concoction that envelops you with a heavy dose of vanilla and caramel. This is a top notch scent all the way , it's a true luxury gourmand that will certainly thrill gourmand afficienados.

bet85
bet85

Looking at the notes, it could be a good contender against Hermes Ambre Narguile. Cant wait to sniff..

Redfa
Redfa

Shut up and take my money!!!

armaniboy

@dremerick : Fragrantica is one of the best(not to mention the best)most accurate websites-blogs dedicated to fragrance.The most open,fun and interesting one.very generous too,when it comes to giving out samples-special promotional stuff.I hope you do understand that hundreds of people that work in the beauty/fragrance industry do get and have to try things before they are launched.Once again stay tuned!Dior is gonna kick some @$$ again this year. :)

dremerick
dremerick

Amazing how people can rate and give an opinion on something that hasn't even been released yet. I trust NOTHING I read on this site!

armaniboy

Having tried this a couple of months ago-the way I remember it,it's a beautiful rich,warm,summer-exotic fragrance.Nothing fresh or sporty.elegant warm and somehow sunny.It reminded me strongly of coconut mixed with tonka. sweet,sensual and alluring.A colleague of mine said it was more "Arabic" smelling but to me it isn't .Stay tuned ladies and gents.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

My greatest wish is for those who rush to vote on Notes,Sillage and Longevity to show some love and respect and make the mere mortals of us here get an insight into the scent.
We know some get to test it beforehand and it will be nice of them to share their opinions with us.After all as we say in England,we are all in this together.

As Peta22 has said the notes clearly indicate we are looking at a winter wonderscent here and will sure last but what does it smell like??

Peta22
Peta22

Sounds perfect for winter.... Can't wait to get my hands on a bottle!!