Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Gris Montaigne Christian Dior for women

Gris Montaigne Christian Dior for women
dislike

Gris Montaigne by Christian Dior is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Gris Montaigne was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is François Demachy. The fragrance features bergamot, rose, patchouli, amber, cedar, sandalwood and oakmoss.

Bergamot Rose Patchouli Amber Cedar Sandalwood Oakmoss

Evoke for Her
Perles De Lalique

Gris Montaigne Fragrance Reviews

MikeL11
MikeL11

A gorgeous, fresh and unique scent. Unisex leaning slightly more feminine. Amazing performance but not harsh at all. Like a beautiful cloud doing its own thing. Dior hit a home run with this one.

9.5/10

conundric
conundric

To me, I got a nail polish remover vibe, and a nail salon vibe in general, mostly in the top. Very feminine. I think this is a love/hate fragrance. I happen to be on the hate side.

gillbert
gillbert

bergamot is easily gone then, patchouli, rose and amber take part instantly make it earthy floral vibe. oakmoss and sandalwood also there but in smooth and tiny vibe. dominant notes are patchouli, rose and amber. overall, it smooth earthy floral. i don't know why this perfume is marketed for women. it's earthy floral. it's suppose to be unisex. earthy vibe is so dominant. guy, don't worry about the scent,it is very safe fragrance. it is unoffensive at all, easy to wear and suitable for daily perfume.

Englishman
Englishman

I could only call Dior's Gris Montaigne a chypre in the most abstracted and subtle sense of the term.

Yes, bergamot is clear in the opening, quickly dying down but remaining present in the background. A labdanum note is there in the form of a quiet amber-musk undercurrent. And maybe there is a minute trace of inky oakmoss or maybe it's my imagination?

But, make no bones about it, Gris Montaigne is a rose. It's Turkish Delight. A soft, pink, powdery, rose.

I can't believe that patchouli has been rated as the top note. Like the oakmoss, if I detect any patchouli here then I could not guarantee it wasn't just my imagination.

Likewise, any woody and earthy notes in Gris Montaigne are completely lost to me.

Typically, I can't abide rose in a fragrance. To my sense of smell it generally dominates to such an extent that it obliterates all other notes. So, perhaps that is what's going on here.

Gris Montaigne is understated, demure and classy whilst not being completely devoid of a little intrigue. It stays true to Dior's sensibilities and is a high quality perfume.

If a gentle rose is your vibe then welcome home. Although, you may have a hard time finding it now. When launched in England it was exclusive to Harrods and is not even available there anymore.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

Just got me a 5ml decant of this fragrance. This smells similar to ysl parisienne for women. Kinda feminine floral. But dry down is good. It last fairly good on my skin for about 8 hours. Silage is good not monster projection. It get close to the skin after 3 hours. I wouldn't be wearing this because it's too feminine side. But a woman can pull this off very well.

snelkookpan
snelkookpan

I had actually fallen in love with Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet after using a sample some days over summer but I was disappointed to find out Blooming Bouquet only came in an eau de toilette. The staff at the Dior boutique suggested I check out two eau de parfum out of la Collection Privée that resembled Blooming Bouquet in ingredients. First she showed me New Look 1947, a clean and beautiful scent, then she showed me Gris Montaigne. In Gris Montaigne I immediately recognised those qualities that appealed to me in the Blooming Bouquet.

The Gris Montaigne knows several stages. When just put on a fresh woody scent is most dominant and during the first hours the scent comes off as more unisex. It feels strong, professional and confident.
However in the end of the day the remaining scent is floral, soft, powdery, innocent and super feminine. When I turn around in my bed I smell Gris Montaigne off the sheets and from my hair, I could almost blush at myself. After about 12 hours of course most of the sillage is gone and one will only smell when leaning in, which makes it all the more intimate.

naipe
naipe

It is impossible not loving it. Very professional scent suitable for any occasion and wearable for many kind of people. An all-purpose winner that keeps at a prudent distance the whole day. It may lack a bit of originality but it is impressive the cleanliness and honesty it is conceived with. I do not come to mind better blind purchase fragrance than this one.

masamim10
masamim10

Beautiful beautiful beautiful scent. The moment I smelled this, I was in love. Not a super strong scent, but "gris" is a fitting name. Somehow smells gray, cloudy, classy, pearls, and expensive and luxurious but not glittery or sparkly. It smells expensive in the way velvet and cashmere may be. This is wine, not champagne; pearls and silver, not gold and glittery jewels.

Too bad it is super expensive... perhaps i will get it when i feel rich enough to drop 400 a pop for an EDT.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - upscale fruity, fresh floral.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, or in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently

klaaon
klaaon

I am totally enthralled by Gris Montaigne - on my skin, the warm ambery patchouli woody facets shine more with just the right amount of floral. I would say its perfectly unisex.

As with the colour of the juice and the genesis behind this scent, Gris Montaigne is perfect when the sky is gloomy with leaves rustling and when one is in a contemplative mood either taking a stroll down a quiet street or simply staring out a window.

It works as wonderfully in a social event which befits a distinguished aura. Always feel relaxed, calm and composed when I have it on.

Fleurissima
Fleurissima

A perfect combination of slightly citrusy and salty masculine notes added to a bouquet of warm, sweet roses. It is very clean-fresh-floral yet full bodied.

I have yet to see the Amalfi Coast but I imagine this to be the fragrance I would wear on one of their terrace restaurants!

As a huge lover of rose I cannot get enough of this! (I only wish they would make a travel size so you can take on trips!)

Riley33
Riley33

A few of years ago my fragrance world was turned upside down when they discontinued the original Omnia by Bvlgari. I am still crushed and have been looking for a wonderful warm spicy/creamy/yet fresh scent ever since. I have purchased and sampled so many perfumes that I would like to forget.

I stumbled across this beauty while on a weekend in NY. While this is not the warm spicy scent I was looking for, it is absolutely gorgeous. I've read it described as a sheer or contemporary chypre and I think that is a perfect description. A lot of chypre fragrances are almost offensive when first sprayed....none of that with this fragrance. The first note I notice is the rose...but this is not your grandmother's rose. Spicy, elegant and sophisticated. It seems to almost have an incense note but I know there is none. I do not really detect any citrus or fruit but that could just be me! I guess the best way to describe this scent is....Polished. I think I stand a little taller wearing this fragrance regardless of whether I am dressed up or in my jeans and a white shirt. Sort of an empowering little scent! Regarding longevity I feel it lasts for hours. But it doesn't hit you over the head with it. It's just always there and reminds you of it's lovely presence every so often.

For me, it's a keeper. It's a bit pricey but the bottle is HUGE and will last for years. Very happy with my purchase. Now, if ONLY Bvlgari would bring back the original Omnia, all would be well with my fragrance world again!

sugarvenom82
sugarvenom82

A potential signature for me. I love its playful elegance. Victoria at Bois de Jasmin described it perfectly, "a pile of wood shavings drenched in rosewater". I've never been a huge fan of chypres and even if GM is a modern and sheer chypre, it still took some time for me to adjust to this fragrance. However something kept me coming back. Maybe it's because I love woods and roses and GM is a soft and blurry (in a good way) interpretation of that. There's a duality in it too that suits me, as I mentioned in the beginning I love that it is playful which gives it a kind of energy yet it can be sublimely languid. You know it's a signature when it becomes a part of you.

henri345que
henri345que

Dior reboots Coco Mademoiselle by lowering considerably the floral and sweet aspects and making the whole idea more discreet and woody. It's not heavy woody, but a soft dryness that seems to make an harmony with the sweet patchouli and the blurred floral aspects.It indeed has something formal and office-chic on it. Why make it exclusive and expensive is what i wonder, since this could sell well (i guess) if added to the regular line. It has that balance of friendly and known tune with something different on it.

Guest_yvashche
Guest_yvashche

Typical office scent, but expensive. Fresh, citrusy, musky.

Tati2585
Tati2585

Everyone likes this perfume on me. It's very long-lasting and luxurious. And It's suitable for the morning, day, evening, office, restaurant - absolutely must have if you can afford it)

tredan01
tredan01

Just received my 15 ml sample from Surrender to Chance. I could smell it just taking it out of the package. The opening is wonderful...very feminine floral chypre. It smells luxurious, assertive yet soft. Not a casual scent in any way but one that you would wear with rich and soft fabrics. Will see how this develops on me.

Edders
Edders

I find this a slightly powdery, cashmere blanket mixed with warm skin kind of scent. I get a slight peachy note after about four hours. Another reviewer said it reminds them of a cold rainy day, which is interesting as this scent only makes me think of early summer. It certainly is feminine and intimate. Love it.

jubal
jubal

Testing from a decant, I'm very pleasantly surprised by this fragrance. First let me say that 'gris' is indeed what it is, I see a lovely deep grey silk or velvet fabric when I sniff this and that is strange for a chypre and it is most definitely a chypre. Usually I see green for a chypre but this is indeed an elegant grey.

It is one of those scents that I am aware of as the day goes on, it floats about me and 'meets' me when I don't expect it to. If I put my nose to my skin it doesn't seem to be there, but then suddenly when I'm thinking of something else it appears. Rather like a dance partner that steps away for a moment then returns in a warm embrace.

Truly a very elegant and lovely fragrance, perfect for office or evening. I can't imagine anyone being offended by it, and while being very ladylike there is also an element of mystery to it. Definitely fbw for me.

It's a fresh bergamot fragrance. Not bad, but it smells almost like A Mi Aire by Loewe. I don't like this fact, even despite it doesn't have smelling chemical base.

lottie58
lottie58

I only tried Gris Montaigne yesterday and I really adore this chypre fragrance that is the latest addition to La Collection Privee Christian Dior - love the dryness of the scent and the soft citrus, rose and moss undertones.

I also like the concept of creating a fragrance around a colour - in this case a tribute to Dior's signature grey, which appears throughout Dior's branding and has been symbolic of Dior since its inception in 1947. The name Gris Montaigne is derived from Dior's ubiquitous grey (and white) and the Dior HQ in Paris at 30 Avenue Montaigne - not surprisingly decorated in grey and white.

The bottle is also gorgeous and generous - I really like the elegant simplicity of La Collection Privee Christian Dior's fragrance bottles. There are now 12 fragrances in the collection, all created by the house's Perfumer-Creator, Francois Demachy.

The fragrances start at around £100 so I'll have to get saving...

Although it will be difficult to choose between this fragrance, the more feminine New Look 1947 and the soft citrusy Granville (described as the lingerie of the collection as it is designed to be worn on its own or layered with more dominant fragrances). Tough call!

meligonlan
meligonlan

It's a lovely smell but has no longevity or sillage whatsoever. Pity! It does smell like the Dior store but at the same time for some reason it reminds me of ironing on a cold rainy day.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Gris Montaigne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Gris Montaigne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gris Montaigne by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gris Montaigne by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.