Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 918 I had it: 213 I want it: 894 My signature: 37

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women Videos
Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior is presenting new composition, Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle, which gives a whole new magic of aromas.

Velvety soft petals of vanilla orchid surrounded with fruity aromas revive the scent of vanilla and add a lively frame which is not complete without Damascus rose. Instead of Sambac jasmine, Demachy includes ylang-ylang extract, while orange blossom absolute adds a full and gorgeous sensual note. To create impression of tasty fruit notes, this composition uses tuberose and vanilla, while green leaves and stem carry the scent of freshness. A base of Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle incorporates creamy trace of sandalwood and musk, which are as harmonious as a woman's siluette. The new seductive fragrance by Dior - Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is available as 50 and 100 ml, as well as 100 ml spray deodorant from September 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.

Ylang-Ylang Orange Blossom Rose

Kenzo Amour

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Fragrance Reviews

Rianna1
Rianna1

Love this stuff. Much prefer the floral opening in this version over the original. Please pm me if your swapping a bottle.

Vjera
Vjera

So I guess here's one of the shy votes for this flanker of HP. First of all - I don't like the original HP and I say this just for the sake of comparison and hopefully someone could find it informatively useful as this one (Sensuelle) is not easy to find and test.
What I find annoying about original HP is that cloying initial blast. Upon the first spray I already feel like suffocating! And I like sweet gourmands! But HP gives my dry throat all the way down - it almost feels like I'm instantly growing a whole micro-culture of mold, just like those tiny little grey hairs coating my breathing system. After half an hour, when it settles, I find it very pleasant, but I cannot tolerate that first phase.
HP Sensuelle on the other hand doesn't have that dry, dusty feeling whatsoever. It is nice and creamy from the start and it instantly gives me that delicious HP drydown beauty.
As I said, it's just me and this is not a negative review for the original formula, just a different point of view, so HP lovers please don't vote down this comment as it should stand as a piece of guide to those who are interested in HPS, which can be unavailable to test.

Bangkok Personal Shopper
Bangkok Personal Shopper

Hello, do you know the difference between Hypnotic poison and Hypnotic poison EAU SENSUELLE ?

Most shops do not have eau sensuelle.

risarii
risarii

I'm sorry but it smells exactly like the regular Hypnotic Poison on me. It's the same delicious rootbeer smell as the original. I don't notice a difference! Strange.

It is similar to the original, but less sweet and not so long-lasting.
Also, more floral. At the beginning I was enjoying this amazing vanilla note, but after some time, it smelled like rotten flowers or something. Very dirty smelling in my opinion.
I liked to original Hypnotic Poison much better.

Gigi86
Gigi86

On the one hand i can understand what is the similarity
between HP eau sensuelle and JC Flash (ok tuberose) but on the other hand i can't agree at all.
HP is warm, sexy, misterious like a very ellegant and stylish lady who shows up and men are affraid of accost her.
JC FLash "that kind of girl"who always wants to be in the middle of the party.A little vulgar, dances like a stripper, men don't have any doubt about her but they won't show her the mom.

Sorry funs, but it was my impression.Peace! :)

Dara813
Dara813

First let me start by saying that I love the original Hypnotic Poison, especially when the weather starts to get colder. I am aware of it's reputation for smelling like root beer...and this is why I say I love it even more when it's colder outside. I have to admit, in the warmer weather, I do get that root beer note after awhile.

I am saying all of the above because the weird part is, this one smells more like root beer than the original on my skin. Well actually it smells like root beer & roses..if you can imagine what that's like. What's even stranger is that this is not an awful combination. I actually get a ton of compliments when I wear this. I don't hate it by any means. However, I don't think it even remotely compares to the original HP. It is like they took out the almond note and replaced it with florals in order to create a safer version. While this is nice, I will stick with the original, regardless of all the compliments this draws. Every time I wear this, I long for the original version so I don't see the point in owning both. This would be great for anyone who is overwhelmed by the scent of the original HP though.

mlleghoul
mlleghoul

I wore Hypnotic Poison exclusively for years and years. It is a weird scent; many people note a comparison to rootbeer, but I always thought it smelled like an otherworldly confection comprised of bitter almonds, laced with anisette.

This new version is very similar, but in the opening notes there seem to be some airy florals floating about that lighten it up somewhat. After that it is exactly the same scent as the previous Hypnotic Poison.

Other reviewers mention that this version seems to be "lighter" or "less potent", but I don't find that at all. I never found the Hypnotic Poison to be overwhelming though, so perhaps I am a poor judge as to that aspect of it.

Overall, it's a lovely, unusual scent - but I would think it's no more or less so than the original.

enkhbayar.mishigdorj
enkhbayar.mishigdorj

At first it was so not so hypnotic when I had first spray,,, for a while a hearty one was so sensual to me. LOVE it!!!

TheCountess
TheCountess

Eau sensuelle is one of my favorites. It starts off as very juicy and sharp, because of the white flowers and the orchid. After an hour or so, it turns sweet and decadent because of the vanilla with juicy and creamy intervals. I have no complaints about sillage or longevity, since it lasts all day on my skin. I have gotten lots of compliments too; it's definitely a headturner! This one is a 10/10!

lala-jaenner
lala-jaenner

I wore this one for a whole winter last year and felt like a diva all the time. It's a very feminine perfume, floral and sweet.
(Oh, and musk. I'm so upset I can't stand musk anymore because all the perfumes I found great now bore me just because of their musk note.)
Anyway, I still find this a good one. Feminine, elegant and beautiful, you must be able to wear it though. I think it wouldn't give its best on a wallflower, this is for a womanly woman, who knows she's attractive and wants a perfume to matches the picture of her, not to complete it or make it sexy. This one won't make you sexy or elegant, but it will work very well if you already feel so.

tijgetje

A very delicious and sensual parfume! I love this one. It's a very present smell. 2 spray's is more than enough ;-) I wear this one for a romantic night. This parfume gives me a cosy and in the mood fibe....

Hellita
Hellita

After reading all the reviews in here I was happy to find out that this is still available in Norway (at least for a little while longer), so I wanted to try it out (and possibly buy it) before it's gone from the shelves. I had high hopes because I know many of you are die hard fans of this frag. I sprayed one spritz of Eau Sensuelle on my right arm, and the original (but reformulated) Hypnotic Poison EdT on my left arm. I was surprised to find that Eau Sensuelle turned sour on me and the SA could confirm that it wasn't right. I was baffled because I expected ES to be more towards my liking, but there's nothing you can do when your skin chemistry doesn't cooperate. The Hypnotic Poison EdT on the other hand turned out beautifully and I ended up buying a 1.7 oz bottle of that instead. Anyway I'm happy to have found out that my skin doesn't let Eau Sensuelle do it's magic, so I won't be heartbroken when it disappears. But to those of you who are heartbroken for the discontinuing of this frag, I'm very sorry for your loss :(

larita91
larita91

Very sweet, almost cloying vanille sweet scent. I would definiately call it gourmand.
I can wear only a drop of it, I have a mini perfume so I don't have to spray (even one spray would be too strong). One drop is enough for a whole day, and still, sillage and longetivity is a monster.
Really good, I love it. :)

ranchorita
ranchorita

I love Poison and Hypnotic Poison, and I am quite pleased I blind purchased eau Sensuelle based on reviews here-- I am glad I didn't miss out on this glorious flanker. This fragrance obviously shares thick bands of DNA with Hypnotic Poison, but minus the almond, and with the mighty orchid at the fore. This is one of the prettiest vanilla-bombs around, in my opinion, because the other accords keep the vanilla balanced. Gorgeous blend, sillage is good even with a light application, and longevity is impressive, lasting all day and into the evening, also with light application. I'd advise anyone inclined to purchase this to do so ASAP-- this one bears definite exploration!
One more note- I've been wearing this on 100 degree Texas days and it has not overpowered, but I believe this will be sublime in cold weather-- I can't wait!

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

First impression: tuberose and vanilla. I admit I need to test it also in a cooler weather, don't think it's best suited for this hot (30 degr C) and humid weather. But I just couldn't resist. :)

Under these circumstances it reminds me of Intimately Beckham and Deep Red (Boss) - clearly because of the thick seductive sweetness of tuberose. I guess both comparisons are most likely inaccurate as well as inappropriate but for the time being it's my only reference point. I'll update my review once I know better.

Ps. After 2 days of wearing it - It's smooth! Very smooth and pleasing to my nose. The rest of the notes are still to be found though, this heat burns the notes and makes my nose numb.All I can say is that I'm starting to fall in love. :)

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I have its vial sample n i spray it on my wrist..its initial spray is quite strong..kinda green,a bit spicy n balmy n oriental-like...but after few minutes,I smell like ROOTBEER FLOAT (rootbeer carbonated drink with vanilla ice cream on top of it) on my skin..
That is the scent that came out from my mind..

My sister said I smell good.

maybe_maybe not*
maybe_maybe not*

I've been a fan of the classic hypnotic poison so many years and I decided to replace it with this version,I 'm not so sure why,since I don't get such a strong resemblance between those too.I was impressed by its lasting power at first,but I find it rather heavy and a little bit overwhelming.It is getting better as it fades,not so sharp,but still can 't love it.

vanillary29
vanillary29

Delicious vanilla and creamy white flowers on a gorgeous woody base. This is so, so beautiful. I've never tried the original Hypnotic Poison but this version is gorgeous in its very own right. The floral notes balance out the thickness of the vanilla making it wearable and not cloying and a lot of vanilla scents tend to be. However I wouldn't call it an everyday scent. It is a special perfume which deserves an equally special occasion to be worn.

jenvi
jenvi

My absolute favorite fragrance. I am heartbroken that they have discontinued this and I can't stand it's replacement Eau Secrete.. I like and have the original Hypnotic Poison that my boyfriend bought me by mistake but it's not as special or interesting as this one. It's sensual, sweet, feminine, warm and delicious. I wear this every day and it immediately became my signature scent and my family and friends think of me when they smell this.

It works great with my body chemistry and the sillage and longevity is amazing! It comes up to my nose when I least expect it and reminds me of how good I smell. I can still smell it on my skin when I go to bed and on my scarves and clothes. I feel very classy and elegant when wearing this but it is kind of heavy and dark so I tend to use this more at night and during fall and winter.

It starts off spicy and somewhat aggressive but settles quite fast to a sweet, creamy vanilla. The name is suiting as I find it very hypnotizing and sensual (my boyfriend loves it as well). Don't overspray it though, or people will be expecting your arrival long before you walk in the room.

This is a must have for me and I'm on my second bottle even though I've only been wearing this for about 2.5-3 years now and will stock up before it is totally gone (I have found some websites that still carries it). The bottle lasts me forever because you don't need to spray as much (1-2 sparys on the neck and 1 on the wrist and you are good for the day). BUY IT IF YOU CAN FIND IT!

ellapage
ellapage

I finally bought this amazing fragrance yesterday! I've had my eye on it for a few years. I actually don't really love the original Hypnotic Poison, it tends to give me a headache. But this one...OH WOW! It's incredibly sensual, soft and intoxicating. I cannot get enough of this! The logevity is beyond amazing. One spray lasts easily about 8-10h and personally for me 2 sprays is more than enough and will last for a looooong time. I got the 50ml bottle and I'm sure it will last me forever. Also, it was the last bottle at the store i got this from, and the lady at the counter told me that they won't be getting new ones...I guess it means this is discontinued or about to be so? I adore the mystical looking bottle that looks like it could hold some magical poison inside of it.

I love how the scent develops through out the day, but it still keeps that sensual softness. At all stages of the scent development, I can smell sultry sweet vanilla. On me I can first smell the gorgeous vanilla blended beautifully with orchid and some woody notes and just a touch of the white flowers, the orange blossom in particular, but if I didn't know it was orange blossom I wouldn't have guessed. Those three notes stay with me through out the day, they just blend together in a different way and sometimes they acompany more of the notes. For me this isn't necessarely exclusively an evening perfume. It certainly is suitable for the evenings but I think you can definitely wear this day times too, just wear it carefully.

All in all Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is an intoxicating sweet vanilla dominant scent. I would say it's quite a safe perfume, because it's easy to like and it isn't the most unique scent out there. So if you're looking for a sensual sweet scent that has something unique and unusual, HP Eau sensuelle propably isn't what you're looking for. But what makes HP Eau Sensuelle a special fragrance, is the AMAZING longevity and the fact that it is a very well executed scent with notes that compliment each other and create and amazing alluring smell.

sempervirens
sempervirens

Very long lasting fragrance with interesting opening. Too bad that most of the time I smell it, I smell the sweet mix of vanilla and white flowers. It's too sweet to my taste, too cloying, too boring - exactly the same base notes I smell in The One which I already owned, so why buy another similar fragrance? Perhaps I'm disappointed because I expected more from fragrance that is so expensive. And I expected something really sensual. This is not my interpretation of sensuality.

isabelamattarelli
isabelamattarelli

EDIT: Why i discovered this just now? I'm in loveeeee! 6 compliments in one day... women and men... lonnnnnnng lasting, amazing sillage
i want a lot of bottle before it desappears!

i'm in love! vanilla, flowers... i feel something like almonds and patchoulli too
great sillage and long lasting, getting warmer with time
my boyfriend likes this, but doesnt like original HP (too sweet) or eau secret (bug smell -???-)
eau sensuelle has a great balance
the fall-winter is coming and i will use it everyday s2

Adia31
Adia31

Me encanta es exquisito tiene todo lo que busco en un perfume. Es un oriental floral vainilla todo en uno. La parte floral en mí se sienten azahares y jazmines muy rico y apacible y la faceta avainillada con almendras amargas es muy contenedora esa es la sensación que me da de protección y contención es como una coraza protectora. El recipiente es un lujo simplemente hermoso. Leí que lo están por discontinuar así que a disfrutarlo mientras pueda. Me dieron muestras de Kenzo Amour dicen que es bastante parecido todavía no lo probé. Very Irresistible de Givenchy del que algo me acuerdo pero no me parece parecido y Flower Tag de Kenzo que tampoco los probé.

umma toga
umma toga

I tested this today and I was a bit disappointed. I have and love the original hypnotic poison and I was expecting it to be smoother and more sensual based on the reviews. The opening is slightly different from the original and it's the best part to me. It's sweet and floral. But as it dried down, it became more and more similar to the original. It's nice sure but I definitely prefer my hypnotic poison.
Edit: ohk I have to edit my review. After having tested it again, it has really started to grow on me. Yes it is not that different from the original, but it is really smooth and well blended. It is more perfumey than the original and less gourmand than the original, the vanilla here is so creamy and mouthwatering. All in all it has been added to my want list.

PeachUK
PeachUK

I tried this and the Eau Secrete flanker in Boots but could hardly smell the Eau Secrete one on me at all and so purchased this one instead. I have to say I find it a disappointment after the regular Hypnotic Poison. It is definitely softer but TOO soft for me - inoffensive but nothing special unlike the original which is definitely something special compared to this one. This would appeal to people who find the original a bit too overpowering.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I've yet to see any of the Hypnotic spin-offs anywhere!

katuliena
katuliena

Wish I loved this kind of fragrance. I like it on others so much, but cant stand it on me. The bottle is sooo beautiful.

Gingercat77
Gingercat77

My husband managed to buy me the last bottle in the city of this gorgeous discontinued fragrance for valentines day and i was thrilled. Everything about it is beautiful and classy- it smells divine and the bottle is exquisite! Such a pity it has been discontinued- i will have to use it sparingly from now on!

RubyRedRose
RubyRedRose

For me this a more floral version of the original Hypnotic Poison, but it's still sweet with the vanilla that you smell in the original. I am more of a lover of floral perfumes, this is my favourite of the Hypnotic Poisons, it's stylish, my favourite vanilla perfume, very long lasting, elegant, beautiful bottle too. Just sad that this has been discontinued!

girlsworld
girlsworld

Vanilla, white flowers sugary rich Hypnotic eau sensuelle is like a pudding that you know you shouldn't be eating but once you start you can't stop, it is addictive to me love it in the cooler months for daytime

For some reason this doesn't waow me....I like the smell, the notes create a warm scent, then wearing it is another experience for me, like I feel the scent wears me , and I never got compliments wearing it either. It has an oldish weird edge, and a plasticky vanilla. I think many feel that way too, I much prefer Eau Secrete, which is fresher, more modern, better for me..
HP Eau Sensuelle is oriental like a Turkish delight, it is interesting, but for me not a huge success. I think it can easily get suffocating.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

First thoughts: Fresh, soft, vanilla, familiar, orchid, spicy, roses.

Drydown impression: Cardamom, vanilla rootbeer, sandalwood, almonds?, tame, I'll never wear this during hot days.

I can't stand the original HP. The rootbeer becomes overwhelming and playdoh-like on me.

Eau Sensuelle is the approachable, albeit mainstream little sister to HP.

Musky4
Musky4

I tried this on again today, having tried it once before. I'm not a big fan of the original HP, and the Eau Sensuelle version just smells too similar to the original for me, although I'd say it is an improvement on it. I so wanted to like it… Apparently it's being discontinued in Feb 2014.
I just want to add that the lasting power of this perfume is incredible! I sprayed 2-3 sprays on my neck before 3pm and could still smell it around midnight. If only all perfumes had such good longevity! Although this isn't going to be for me, I can't deny it's quality.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I have worn this perfume for a few days, and I find it quite different from Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete. This version is heavy with ylang ylang, tuberose and major vanilla with more woody notes than Eau Secrete and the addition of the more indolic and heavy lidded florals. This is a pretty fragrance, but it is just too heavy for me to wear. It feels like a heavy red velvet scent blanket covering my body so that I cannot breathe while wearing it.

I find it lovely on its own terms and it is sensual like the name says, but it's not my type of sensuality. I think it is too sweet smelling, vanillic and downright cloying. In my opinion, it needs a bit of animalic or something a little bitter or sharp to balance the indoles and vanilla.

This fragrance has amazing longevity if that is what you seek. I could even smell it faintly 3 days and 2 showers after initial application.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

Absolutely lovely scent. Warm and spicy vanilla that is also a bit floral. It is warm, sexy and beautiful. It is similar to the regular HP but this is lighter, a bit floral and lacks the coconut smell of the original.

darksome
darksome

I would definetly buy this for winter. It's not something new, or really really special, but for the vanilla lovers, that like some flowers in behind this is a winner.

In the first stages I smell something soury and soapy. It's not very prominent, but it's there. I smell this annoying note for about an hour. Then it's gone.

But why do I still love this scent? It has a beautiful, but sweet creme brulee/vanilla pudding note that has the main role in this scent. YUM!!! So uncomplicated, but so excellent. I just love it! The flowers are detectable, but act in the side rolls, just to give the scent a sophisticated kick.

This is not a lighter version of the original, but a more rounded one. For my liking a little better, because of the added flowers, which give a more easy but at the same time more elegant and chic feel to me.

Edit: It has a similar richness and density to YSL Manifesto. It's not really similar/the same scent, it's just equally rich.

Edit 2: When I tried this the second time, and it turned more spicy, which reminded me on the original (I don't like the original).. It's still very pretty, but a scent, smelled before (like Hypnotic Poison) which knows everyone, and I don't like that.

Still, IMO this is the BEST out of the Hypnotic Poison line.

Michmann
Michmann

I just can't take it anymore - I have to leave a review on this one. Not because this perfume astonished me, but because I don't understand, what happened to the noses of those people, who are voting this version of HP as very similar to the original.
Hypnotic Poison is my fiancees favorite fragrance - believe me, I have smelled regular HP from different years of production, also HP Elixir, so I would recognize this scent anywhere, anytime.
Sensuelle smells nothing like original HP!!! It's completely different fragrance. Floral, with a watery fresh vibe and overall - nothing special. My fiancee was excited to try this but left the sample almost unused, because found this frag too sharp, too floral and too "I smelled it before". And I can only agree. This fragrance has nothing sensual about it except the name.

P.S. Ted Baker "Secondscent" is very similar to this one. But..it's still softer and better than HP Eau Sensuelle.

silverpetals
silverpetals

Speechless...

First of all, the bottle is BEAUTIFUL, far nicer than original HP's bottle in my opinion. Screams luxury - stunning transparent red glass, looks almost like the poison apple in Snow White, of course.

I didn't like the original HP. Was way too plain and simple for me - all I got was vanilla, I have body sprays that smell the same that cost a tiny fraction of the price. Suffice to say I wasn't expecting much from this but ooohh myyyy...

It's true, it's quite similar to HP and I wouldn't say you need both if you have and like the original. However, Eau Sensuelle (love the name too) is, to me, more complex and interesting compared to the original... the floral notes really compliment the warm, creamy vanilla.

Also, this lasts literally days. I sprayed this around 3pm yesterday, its now almost 9pm the next day and its still lingering on my skin, and it smells like I just sprayed it on my sweater. Sillage is excellent for at least 3-4 hours.

Must have if you like vanilla, but with a little something extra compared to the original.

kay0981
kay0981

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle has been my signature for quite some time now, and I am yet to find a perfume that comes even remotely close to this most beautiful, seductive vanilla. Francois Demachy really outdid himself with this fragrance. His interpretation of this oriental floral is modern and versatile, and far more sophisticated and wearable than the original Hypnotic Poison from 1998. Jasmine and almond are missing from this formulation, as well as the infamous 'play-doh' note, which gives the original Hypnotic Poison a slightly plasticky feel. Eau Sensuelle replaces those with a beautiful veil of soft floral notes, whilst still retaining the signature vanilla accord from the original formulation.

Eau Sensuelle takes you on a long, unforgettable olfactory journey right from the first second you spray it. The opening is full of floral softness. There are notes of sweet ylang ylang and aromatic orange blossom, followed by powdery orchids and hints of creamy tuberose. The essence of vanilla is captured beautifully; it's warm, sensual, a little dark, and very, very seductive.Wrapped in soft petals of white florals, this vanilla feels a little gourmand, but without smelling processed and artificial. The woodsy base reveals the notes of soft, milky sandalwood, with a few musky undertones, which add more depth to this wonderful composition and nicely balance out its sweeter accords. This is definitely one of the most beautifully crafted fragrances out there – it's very well blended, and it develops really nicely on skin. The different notes compliment each other well, and together they create the most unforgettable, irresistible vanilla scent.

The scent is captured in an elegant red bottle, which is very similar to the original one, but it looks more classy and sophisticated. This formulation only comes in an EDT version, but it is still very strong and long lasting. On my skin, it lasts for more than twelve hours, and a few days on clothes. Projection is strong enough to fill the whole room with just a few sprays. It is also the only fragrance from my collection that actually gets me compliments from strangers! So it's definitely not a shy scent, and people (especially men) will notice you when you wear it. An absolute must have for any vanilla lover, especially if you're not a fan on the original Hypnotic Poison – the two are very different. This is my favourite fragrance of all time, and although I have many favourites, this one wins me over every time I smell it! (。♥‿♥。)

EvyRose
EvyRose

This is my favourite perfume at the moment and this is why:

Packaging: 4/5
I like how the bottle that looks like a magical potion depicts the name of the perfume and makes me think of something mysterious yet enchanting. It also reminds me of an evil apple as per the Snowhite fairytale or the book/movie Perfume the story of a murderer . This perfume can really hypnotise you and those around you in a good way.

Perfume: 4.5/5
This is my favourite version Eau Sensuelle (compared to Eau Secrete and the Original one) and it is the lightest of them. It opens up as quite strong but shortly after the dry down is the best part because the spice comes out and the vanilla is just intoxicating. Its so rich and decadent. This stuff is just erotic. For me the main notes are orange blossom, orchid and creamy vanilla and they are greatly balanced. It is spicy, oriental, sweet and floral. Be careful you may get addicted!

Longetivity: 4.5/5
This scent is long lasting.

Sillage: 4.5/5
This is the perfume that I get most compliments for from men and women. I like the smell it leaves on my clothes and men absolutely love it.

Overall: 4.37/5
Enough said?

Reminds me a bit of: Kenzo Amour, Paco Rabanne Black L Exces For Her

jennifer-auugustin
jennifer-auugustin

this is my fav.... it last ages on me...i prefer it to the original hypnotic poison.....

mynatees
mynatees

Smells VERY sweet and almost like cough syrup on me - there's an odd medicinal note to it. Shalimar, my ultimate fragrance, has notes in common with this, but this lacks any of the depth and subtlety Shalimar has in spades.

tijgetje

Sensual,dreamy ... I smell rose, vanilla, sandelwood. Very strong in the opening and longlasting for a EDT. I'm very pleased with this one! Makes a good one for party's or when in the mood for love ;-)

FD you did it again :-0 thanks!

Yudum
Yudum

Love in a bottle. A bit strong but you get used to it and then you just cant stop spraying:)

ingridp
ingridp

All I can say is: it makes me feel week at kneels.. My favorite Poison, love it <3

fedz
fedz

Heaven in a bottle! Every time I sniff my wrist I am having a soul orgasm :)

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

Reminds me, the same as Hypnotic Poison of Karl Lagerfeld's Sun Moon Stars. Very vanilla, sweet and powdery - just how i like it in my favourite perfumes.

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

this is the first ever dior fragrance i have ever been able to wear. most dior perfumes wear me rather than the other way around. judging from the reviews most of the ground has been covered, so i'll refrain from dissecting all the notes / phases.

this "sensuelle" sister of hypnotic poison has the magical ability to meld immediately with my skin's chemistry. the opening is floral and inviting. normally ylang ylang is offensive to my nose but in this perfume, all the rough edges of ylang are muted, allowing me to appreciate it's floral softness. gourmand elements are present right from the start. what i find most enjoyable about eau sensuelle is the balance of in your face notes blended softly together. this flanker is, to me, a well crafted example of a "smooth transition" between notes and phases of fragrance. cohesive without being shy or brash. the absence of jasmine and almond make this much more accessible in my honest opinion. eau sensuelle garners attention from men more than women, so do wear with confidence. the bottle is of course beautiful and easy to hold. the spray dispenses just enough to control the level one prefers to wear.

longevity: i get at least 7-10 hours from 3 sprays.
sillage: about 10 inches for the first 6 hours, then more of a skin scent after that. definitely doesn't disappear though as i smell it on my skin the next day.

regarding discontinuation rumours: i have been informed by the dior sales person that eau sensuelle will no longer be available after christmas 2013. sounds like they are removing it to make room for the latest hypnotic poison flanker. for reference i am currently based in the uk channel islands, so we are served by both UK and french stockists. this means it looks like european sales will be discontinued by the end of 2013.

**[ETA may 2014: i've seen bottles of this still available for purchase in duty free shops in UK airports (bristol, southampton, jersey, and london gatwick north terminal]**

LuciaMarcos
LuciaMarcos

Love it, but I love more the original Hypnotic, this one is more floral than the first one, thats because I like more the first Hypnotic.

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

This is good stuff! Soft cozy and to my nose very similar to a long time fave of mine; Trussardi Inside, only with some red berries thrown in :) Skin scent, i'd say, with the lovely almond.. and in colder seasons works as a daytime scent too, I think. Lovely! --but Trussardi wins this one hehe ;)

Elmyra
Elmyra

One of my top 10 faves...i need to have it again.
I think beautiful and mysterious Fairuza Balk should be the face of this exquisite fragrance.

Kristinen
Kristinen

I really wanted to love this smell. I usually love everything sensuelle but this was nice.. nothing special. The bottle is way more interesting than the juice itself to be honest. Maybe I would like it better if I didn't have such huge expectations. I really liked the smell at first, and I am usually smitten with anything vanilla but for some reason I got tired of it after about 30min and I just wanted to get it off my wrist. Maybe it was bad chemistry. It's left me curious and longing to try the original hp on my own skin. Fingers crossed that will do it for me. Conclusion: nice but not special enough for that price.

anna7777777
anna7777777

I had this!Intense strong sexy beautiful perfume!

Lily2911
Lily2911

Oh what a dissapointment : I wanted to like this and after I bought it and sprayed a number of times,, the fragrance did just dissapear after 10 minutes. The first moment is really nice but there is no tenacity at all, just water vaporized into nothing !!! It is strange. Most of reviews talk about the long sillage but in my case it is the most horriblr experience ever : I buy a lot of perfumes and this is the worse purchase ever. Feeling so dissapointed, and daring to experiment with layering as a real perfumista, I did the following : I layered Yves Rocher Vanille Noire with the Eau Sensuelle and waaaw, this gives a fabulous scent

So far all those people who bought the Eau Sensuelle and don't get any sillage out of it, try to layer it with this Yves Rocher fabulous EDP Vanille Noire, it gives that body and structure to the Eau Sensuelle, will probably come near to the original Hypnotic Poison without the famous almond aroma. It is a shame though that a brand like Yves Rocher produces much better quality perfumes at a fraction of the price of Dior. Shame on you LVMH :-( I am really done now by Dior perfumes, I tried so many of them and the only ones that can really be considered as perfumes are : Dioressence, Diorrissimo and the latest Miss Dior Le Parfum (and not the whole ridiculous flanker family of Miss Dior EDP and EDT)

blueshifted
blueshifted

a pleasant, rather sheer orange-blossom floral, sweetened with vanilla. on my scent-eating skin, it has excellent sillage and tenacity, with a drydown that reminds me of estee lauder's sensuous. other than the vanilla, i don't find that it bears a strong relation to the original hypnotic poison; it is more wearable, but also less interesting.

MiuMiuKitten
MiuMiuKitten

This is a pretty, soft floral vanilla-orchid scent on me. Very pleasant. I prefer it to the orginial HP which I find a bit synthetic

galenaerdo
galenaerdo

Eau sensuelle form is better than the other. Especially for the women dont like the gourmant type perfumes.

But I still think that this perfume also turns woman a piece of cake, still gourmant.
My husband also agrees with me. I feel some old fashion , some grandma touch in this perfume as well.
It is not sexy but sophisticated.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I always really want to like fragrances from this line, but they never end up being as special as I want them to be. I can't resist the gorgeous bottles. I wish the juice was as gorgeous as the packaging! This is mainly just a basic, non-gourmand vanilla with a touch of powder and ylang-ylang. Certainly not offensive, definitely office-safe. More of an intimate skin scent than the louder, sexier fragrance I was expecting. It's alright, but right now I don't think I'll be springing for a full bottle. I don't really care for the sharp powderiness of the drydown-it gives me a headache. Perhaps one of the other flankers will suit my needs better!

pelinyarba
pelinyarba

I still don't understand how in my country (Turkey) all the girls are using this. First of all I personally don't like the smell it gives me headache but second of all everybody's using it so stop you're not special with that smell. I think using a perfume that everybody uses is not cool.

(My mum and my sister uses it btw ugh :((( )

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

This is indeed sensual...and definitely hypnotic. The luscious vanilla makes the florals glow during the opening. Once it's dried down, the musk becomes noticeable before it all settles into the most feminine, elegant, warm scent. This beautifully delicate concoction has incredible staying power and impressive sillage. As usual, Dior hasn't failed to impress (or seduce) me. This is gorgeous!

sky74
sky74

This is vanilla & dark chocolate icecream in a cone... I know because I'm eating one right now and I'm wearing this perfume. Smells the same! When I first tried it I was'nt crazy about it, but after a few hours it was... ahhh, so delicious, I wanted to eat myself! haha.
But be really carefull! even tough it is "just" eau de toilette, this stuff is very very strong! I can smell it 14 hours after I have applied it. So please don't overdo it, don't "poison" your envirement. 1-2 spritses, a half an hour before you leave the house is more than enough.

The reviewer below me said that when you try Dior, you keep coming back for more. I could'nt agree more.
I come more and more to the conclusion that Dior scents are really superb!

hermyonee

it's such a mild, watery version of the original one, not for me, thanks, it's just ordinary, sugary vanilla and some orange blossom, sickening, cheap, all the powerful, poisonous sexyness is gone, nothing dark, not worth its name, nothin gto do with the Poison collection! this is perfect mainstream, marketing-edited, photoshoped frag' supposed to be smooth, floral and please as much people as possible, in order to sell more; such a shame for Dior, over the years they lost all creativity, making out flankers over flankers, no, who do they take us for? not enough they rformulated and already ruined the original one!

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

After trying this one a few times on a paperstrip in the stores, I now got the chance to test it properly on my skin, thanks Anna!
I will fully agree with Nadia on this one. This is way better than the original HP. Original HP gives me a heavy 'play-doh' vibe, which I am not fond of at all!
The sensuelle edition comes without the almond-note and I think it works just fine!
Vanilla is the star of the show, in the opening it is wonderfully blended with the floral bouquet and as the show progresses it gets more powdery and the floral bouquet makes way for the vanilla to shine in the spotlights on a stage of creamy sandalwood on which a mysterious veil of sensual musk is being released...

It's gentle & soft, yet present and definitely sensual!

Nadia Albayati
Nadia Albayati

This is really gorgeous! Much nicer than the original hypnotic. More feminine & truly is sensuelle.. The longevity & projection is superb! I only sprayed one spritz 8 hours ago & it's still wafting heavenly vanilla!

Well I had it,I found it nice, but I never got one compliment on it, and my husband wasn't crazy about it. It is a bit flat, and I find it overrated.. I had Eau Secrete, which is a lighter version. I didnt find this one was anything special really.
In truth I enjoyed smelling it out of the bottle more than on me.
But it is overall a distinctive scent. And on the right chemistry might be great.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

Omg I completely slandered the original HP as it smells like play doh, but THIS is gorgeous!! I honestly have my wrist stuck to my nose! Haha x it's sexy and cosy! I like the ylang ylang in it and orchid, but the vanilla is beautiful!!
On my want list!!!

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

I love hypnotic poison it is sexy warm and something I could smell all day! I think its perfect as a go to perfume appropriate for all times of the year as its summery but warm for winter. The vanilla in this is delish. I know some people say its strong but I don't find it strong, especially considering it is a Dior. Love it is my fav and longevity on me is great I wake up in the morning if I haven't had a shower I can still smell it and if ive sprayed it on while wearing a jacket the next time I go to put on my jacket I can still smell it. To me this is divinity in a bottle : ) Will always have a bottle in my collection

CocoKat
CocoKat

I very much like Sensuelle and find it safer to wear in warm weather or during the daytime though I prefer the original HP however its just "too much" for the daytime and summer season. To my nose the original HP is more femme fatalish and I occasionally get compliments, BUT HP Sensuelle is like catnip to men. I have had dozens of men compliment me on Sensuelle, I wish it where the same for the original which I find swoonworthy. The only other perfume that I get compliments on as much as HP sensuelle is Carnal Flower. I just realized there is a prominent note of tuberose in both. Could be the indoles.. Idk but vanilla, tuberose and orange blossom in combination with the spices really do seem to garner attention from the opposite sex!

HypnoticPoison
HypnoticPoison

Eau Sensuelle is more floral and feminine than the original. The longevity is fantastic, more than 12 hours!
It is a perfect evening scent, but one can wear it during the day if sprayed lightly.
This is one of my favourite perfumes!

Imadele
Imadele

I like this and the original one ..
I do find them to be fairly different in that this one is less edgy and
dry and more pretty and floral so there is some give and take ..
I am unable to wear the original as it closes up my throat some
so I purchase this one.

LieneHelena
LieneHelena

It was a blind buy looking for an evening fragrance out of my comfort zone... at first spray I wasn't so sure if I even liked it, but then... hours passed and as it hit midnight - I fell in love. It makes me feel feminine, fragile, and smells a bit different than mainstream candy floss... Talking about it's staying power, well- like Cinderella left her crystal shoe, I left a trail of this fragrance behind on someone's pillow ... he couldn't stop thinking of me and after 3 months I was proposed :)

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

I guess you could say I have always found most Dior fragrances extremely cloying and headache inducing. I reluctantly went sniffing around the dior counter today and found myself strangely attracted to this and the original HP. I sprayed a bit of HP sensuelle on my arm and found myself longing for warm summer nights outside in the breeze. Yes, it's VERY sweet but it has a smoothness to it that keeps it from being overpowering. we shall see how I do with it.

hadassa
hadassa

I admit I was skeptical towards this one. Firstly, I am one of those who was disappointed by the reformulation of the original Hypnotic Poison. Secondly, I usually dislike any flankers.

However, HP Eau Sensuelle is a very high quality perfume. I got it in a blind swap and I am very delighted I did!

It smells like exotic flowers: ylang ylang, orchid, and my favorite orange blossom. The most dominant note is, of course, vanilla, but sandalwood and musk keep it balanced. It is sweet, but not syrupy sweet. I actually get some tartness, some very slight bitterness, and it highlights the beauty of the vanilla in this composition.

My favorite part of it is the salty note I'm crazy about. It makes me dream of the sea at night in some far exotic land.
(My husband said "Are you baking cookies?" when I wore it, though) :)

Monster longevity on my skin (all day) and considerable sillage.

A very well done flanker, - a much better product than certain Dior reformulations.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Vanilla note is very intense, sillage and longevity are spectacular! I am hypnotized!

freddinos
freddinos

A less hypnotic version of Hypnotic Poison. The mystery, the magic is diminished. What's left is a shadow of the first. Would most likely not buy a full bottle, whereas I would happily buy more of the original

redliz
redliz

LOVEEEE this perfume! I have the original HP and I have not complaits on this one either!

jivaswood
jivaswood

A version less vanillic and more floral. This is the goal of this fragrance. It achieves its success. I prefer the original version, as always ( I usually detest variants). Here we find a fusion of orange blossom and vanilla, with a hint of orchid (the other notes are impossible to identify, at least to my nose). It's well below the traditional Hypnotic, has a lower projection (it's much more discreet) and a terrible dry down. I tried to like it, but unfortunately it was not made for me. I prefer the arrogance and audacity of vanillic traditional.

Scent:

2*/5*

Bottle:

3,5*/ 5*

Merebon
Merebon

I was so hestitant to buy without really giving a test run, but I really love regular HP and werar it quite a bit. I knew that anything in the HP family would probably be OK. I got mine today and I relly like it. This is softer than regular HP. Not nearly as heavy. It might remind me of Armani Code, but it isn't as heavy as that either. It's softer, more mellow and doesn't have as much of the almond smell to it. I think it's a romantic perfume. More vanilla, a tad bit sweeter than original. I'll also mix it with regular HP to see how that works. It's going to be a keeper for me.

tania.sedik
tania.sedik

I find this smells like when they blow dry your hair in a salon. A bit addictive, makes you hyper and want to go out!

pearla2008
pearla2008

what a beauty it's very feminine and classy i love it so much it's more soft then the original hypnotic but more long lasting ,amazing bottle suit this beauty

suesue
suesue

Oh dear reviewers, you're so right! I bought this version of HP (i cant stand the original one) and men really love it. On the first day i wore it i got so many positive reactions... I like ;)

harikaevre
harikaevre

sexy,feminine and longlasting, like the original one. I love both equally ;)fantastic !

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

sexy, sexy, sexy scent. just lovely. luv it , luv it luv it

sygrid29
sygrid29

don't wore this perfume if your alone.. since there's a lot of strangers would like to kidnap you.. totally seductive!

vdxl
vdxl

A floral vanilla, nice fragrance, more feminine than Hypnotic Poison, and , yes, more mature. When you want the almond kick to have a floral note, take this one. It is not tame, lasts a long time and it is nevertheless interesting. Perhaps it is related also to Addict Eau de Parfum. A nice flanker overall.

semsem_sunshine
semsem_sunshine

I was looking forward to purchase this perfume for a really long time but it was tough to choose between this one and the original hp. until I tested both of them in the same time on my wrists and I still couldn't decide, I even thought that I preferred the original one until the dry-down came out and this one won the competition because the original hp turned a little bit powdery on my skin and that annoyed me a lot. this one also stayed longer which is a bonus

ZELJO
ZELJO

this is a crescendo one, you hardly notice at first sniffs, but its going on and on until you feel a whole and complex aroma than mix up gardens,paradises, sensuality and dreams

lupereira
lupereira

It's a warm creamy vanilla scent with flowers and an oriental touch. Wow! Really I love it! Very feminine and classy. If the mistery had a smell, It could be this.

Spangle
Spangle

I thought I would love this because I love subtle creamy vanilla... but I tried it on me in Boots and I hated it, I couldn't smell vanilla, I don't even know what it was but I couldn't understand why it's so popular! My mum got through a bottle in like a month :.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensual is a warm sweet vanilla with a deep orange blossom that is perfectly balanced by orchid. I think this certainly has a sexier vibe that the original Hypnotic Poison. Absolutely beautiful, totally in love!

lassie172
lassie172

creamy vanilla on my body. i get a lot of compliments when i am wearing it. mans go crazy

indecisive85
indecisive85

I love the whole Poison line by Dior. After I smelled the generic-ness of J'adore, I was skeptical, but the Poison lines all (well the ones that I have smelled so far) have a certain depth, sensuality, and mystery about them. I gotta have them all!

RedLady
RedLady

I have been wearing this for a few months now, after falling in love with it in a Swedish airport.
This is not a "fun" or "flirty" fragrance - not something I'd expect a light-hearted giggly teen to wear.
Its darker and whilst it doesnt scream sex, it certainly 'suggests' it. Definitely suits ladies who like their black lace and dark red nail polish.
It has great staying power, I can smell it on my bed sheets the morning after I apply it.
I get many compliments wearing this, most notably from men. That should tell you something.

caramellomacchiato
caramellomacchiato

very very lovely~~
Sensuelle & Hypnotic Poison are similar that is true,
but Sensuelle is way more smooth and gentle with a lot of charm than Hypnotic Poison.
Hypnotic Poison Sensuelle is prettier than Hypnotic Poison IMO.

Kchild
Kchild

Seriously beeeeaaauuuuuttiiiiffffuuuullllll!!!!!! This hugs you in a cloud of soft, floral, vanilla goodness. Stunning.

Go with me if you will to this scene: I can see an outdooor park where there are children on the swing sets and lots of grass. It's a beautiful warm tropical day.....off to the side near the hedges is this unusual plant. It's roots are made of candied almonds, the soil is sandalwood, the stems of the flowers are made from vanilla, and the blooms are orange blossom, ylang, and an unusual orchid that is part tuberose. Every once in awhile someone will walk by and spray this plant with a tiny bit of musk~and the plant just glistens and radiates.. As you head over to see what's up you notice that all kinds of people are sitting around this unusual species with these goofy grins on their faces. You wonder what all the fuss is about so you decide to take a sniff....and WHACK! This narcotic smell starts to swirl around you and the next thing you know....there you sit with a goofy grin on your face breathing deeply.......

That's it in a nutshell for me. This is a swirl of beautifully blended softness that lasts for hours and hours. It makes me feel feminine, no matter where I'm going it's appropriate, and it has no sharp edges on me....sillage is perfect~it projects without threatening anyone. This is a tropical feeling comfort scent extraordinaire......I need a full bottle I believe!

JediConsular
JediConsular

This fragrance, despite being and EDT, has silage and longevity far superior than original one. My girlfriend has them both and I prefer the Eau Sensuelle version, it's more sexy and floral than original.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

kinda smells like Playdoh on my skin =X not bad but I dont think I'll buy this, Id glady accept it if it was given to me as a gift though X'D maybe I'll change my mind later

Devorita
Devorita

It smells very, very strong in the opening. I like it after 8 hours or for the next two days after applying it because the smell is too strong. After wearing for a month in winter, I have had enough. Maybe it doesn't fit my skin. I have an almost full bottle of this. I regret buying it; I don't like it. And I think Iam going to sell this or swap for a Dior Shine 2...I expect to get rid of it because it's a pity it's almost full, maybe somone would like it in Peru.

If someone's interested in Peru, contact to quilla_b@hotmail.com

mich19
mich19

I own and love both hypnotic poison and the eau sensuelle version. To me, they both have equally amazing staying power. I personally think they have the same longevity - which is really incredible & they both last all day on me. Hope that helps :-)

Hejjdy
Hejjdy

Please help me!
I would like to buy a new bottle of perfume and I can't decide which one to buy: Hypnotic Posion Sensuelle or the original Poison.
I would be really interested in which lasts longer on the skin. Is it true that the original Hypnotic Posion fades away faster? Does Sensuelle have better staying power ? :)
Please help !

pomdgf
pomdgf

I.......I just can't deny this fragrance. Truly amazing. This perfume shout out loud like " Just close your eyes and let me hypnotize you" and " I want your body not your heart" . In fact, I love all Dior's poison but I can't stop sniffing my wrist again and again. Never go wrong with secret sexy night !!

ChrissyZ
ChrissyZ

Absolutely stunning fragrance! I can't stop sniffing my wrist. I did experience a weird floral burst initially but it smoothed out just as quickly into a beautiful floral/vanilla. This fragrance keeps evolving on my skin and getting more beautiful as each hour passes. Give it a chance; I'm glad I did.

ver jaina
ver jaina

creamy, sweet sweet cool vanilla! i feel hungry every time i smell this...a must have!

ginepro
ginepro

Do you want to smell like you are swimming under frangipani trees and orchids and other exotic flowers, on a lukewarm night in Thailand? I do! Because to me, this one smells exactly like that night swim i remember when i was in Thailand. I guess it must be the orchids in it that make me feel this way. Hypnotic Poison eau Sensuell doesn't have frangipani in it but the perfume reminds me of that sweet scent. It has something tropic in it, mixed with creamy, wonderful vanilla. Reminds me a little bit of expensive suncream - vacation on a bottle. I think this is a perfume you can use on warm summer nights as well as in wintertime. Simply wonderful. And long-lasting too!

AHA!!
I got you, strange salty pebble note! (see my review below)
It's just a strange side effect from the wonderful, glorious combination of orchids and vanilla!
I experienced the same strange rocky note in the Alien Sunessence Edition d'Ambre flanker. And guess what it contains? Oh yes, orchids and vanilla.
The salty pebbles are much less concentrated in Edition d'Ambre however, and they give the fragrance more of an exotic vibe.
Well well well, I certainly have to explore this combination further to confirm my theory.
Interesting...

hermyonee

One of the Armani code flankers, the white one, is just exactly the same as HP eau Sensuelle ! try it!

laantjebanaantje

I have never tried the original Hypnotic Poison, I really wanted to, but every inch of my arms was allready covered with other fragrances and this was the one whose notes appealed the most (not a big fan of coconut, but a sucker for anything with orchid), so this is what I tried and I won't be able to compare. Yet :)

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle opens with a quite soapy floral note, orange blossom is allways quite soapy to my nose. A deep, creamy floral bouquet of roses, ylang ylang and especially orchid (Oh, you beautiful, sensual flower) follows. I wish it would stay that way, but then, suddenly in the very heart of this fragrance the strangest salty note appears. It's no pure salt. I can only describe it like the scent of a pebble, scoured completely clean by the ocean during hundreds of years. This pebble is now thrown onto an island and lies there, heated by the sun. That's what I smell, warm, salty stone, surrounded by lush tropical flowers. The stone is really unappealing and a very cold scent, a dicordant note in this warm, sensual fragrance. This also makes it very intriguing.
The salty stone note plays hide and seek, sometimes it is strongly there, sometime I can only smell flowers on a hot, exotic, sensual vanilla base.
Once we get to the very last of the scent, the salt note disappears and makes way for the most beautiful, sexy base. Heavy, heavenly vanilla, creamy sandelwood, soft, tender musk, little whispers of orchid... Oh dear, I totally get the name.
It doesn't project that well, these last hours of pure sensuality. And that's just fine, let him come closer to smell you.

Would I buy this? I do not know, the salty note is really strange to my nose, but the rest is near perfection! I think I'll just test it again, and try the original while I'm at it.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

I tried this today & it smells absolutely delicious, I really appreciate the orchid flower in it.

It smells like a mix between Lauder's Sensuous Nude (opening notes) and L'Occitane's long discontinued Eau de Vanilliers (dry down). This pleases me as I really do miss the L'Occitane.

Lovely.

royar
royar

it smells almost exactly like kenzo amour on me. maybe a little bit softer due to floral notes. but overall I see no difference. kenzo amour in a dior poision bottle. by the way I prefer kenzo amour cause it lasts longer on skin and have better sillage.

kitten_steele

To Noninoni and everyone else who wonders if they should have both Hypnotic Poison and Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle.

To my nose, these two are different scents. Eau Sensuelle is more sweet and creamy, while HP original is more vanilla and musky(at least to my nose). Different anyway. But don't take anyones word for it. Try both on your own skin, see how they develop and then judge for yourself if it's worth buying both. I bought them both, 'cause I feel they are two different scents and I like both of them.

noninoni

That's a relief kitten_steele, it is one of my faves as well. I doubt they'd be making shower gel and creme for a flanker, but I think the ones for the original hp fit in nicely with this

kitten_steele

Noninoni, don't scare me like that. Poison Eau Sensuelle is my favorite of the Poisons. I had to go check on Dior's website. It's still there. I find it very strange if they would discontinue this one, since it was released in 2010, just 2 years ago.

I just love this fragrance. I almost fell in love with myself when I wore it. So creamy and sweet. The vanilla mixes with the flowers to make that sensual scent. Smells like sweet candy, but kind of darker, muskier. The name is perfect. It's defenitely a sensual scent. One to wear in the evening when you want to be a seductress. I hope they make shower gel and lotion of this one too. Or can I buy the original Hypnotic Poison shower gel and lotion and use with this one?

noninoni

I just read on a blog yesterday that Dior has discontinued this . Not sure if the original is discontinued too or just being reformulated. Can anyone advise? Also, is it worth having both if one has the original HP?

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Finally! Wearable H.P.! This scent is sooo much better than the original. It's so much more feminine and soft. The main thing I like is the lack of Play-Doh! I still get a slight hint of Play-Doh, but it's so much lighter and more enjoyable. I was so disappointed with the original because the notes sounded amazing but just didn't translate well on my skin. The Eau Sensuelle version just totally redeemed H.P. in my eyes and I am definitely asking for a bottle of this for Christmas!

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I don't think that Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is a fresher version of original Hypnotic, as some people mention. I don't find it citrus either.

It is certainly very similar to original, less spicy and more sweet and floral. In my opinion this one is more feminine.
And although this is not "bitter" as the HP is, it stays longer on my skin.
It is more quiet compared to the first version, which makes it wearable even in summer nights, always in small portion.
I really love it, it is quite expensive but again I find it has value for money!

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

What a beauty ! I wore it yesterday and I kept getting whiffs of it.... It kinda drowned everybody else's coz I could only smell myself.. But I am not complaining.. I've used the original also but that was a long time back... I feel this as the name suggests is any day more sensual..and hypnotic... This might replace Armani Code for me.. Who Knows but that depends on how my husband likes this on me...

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

I dont find this lighter than the original infact it make it s presence known and gets straight to the point,stronger in fact than the original. the composition is so beautifully blended, no raw edges. The only word to describe this is spicier, more floral and more citrus. The citrus is no generic, discernible layer on top, rather contributes to the most delicious effervescent sarsarapilla tang. while the original envelops the beautiful root beer accord with robes of thick wispy coconut cream. Longevity and sillage is good.

Abby1970
Abby1970

This is a lighter, flowery, fat free version of the original Hypnotic poison. Still lovely and very appropriate for summer but where the original Hypnotic Poison is delicious, thick, creamy, full fat, premium ice cream, Eau Sensuelle is a lovely vanilla sherbet.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

let me just say that this stuff clingsssss to the skin, you can never get it out of your system. It still smells after more than 12h! Insane. If you love it, then that would be a really good thing. But if you don't, good luck !

mystica
mystica

I am not much impressed by HP Eau Sensuelle. It's rather a boring, fresher version of the full bodied classic HP.

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

I was very excited to try this fragrance, all the notes sounded so perfect and lovely. However, upon first spritz, all I got was an overwhelming scent of...marshmallow? And, unfortunately, marshmallow tends to smell Play-Doh-y on me. I was hoping the strange marshmallowy note would dissipate with more wear, yet it didn't. I do pick up a bit of sweet fruitiness though.

Nice but I prefer the original HP

Sabriel
Sabriel

I've wanted this for months and finally bought it this week. I am so excited to finally own this frag. This is so much better than the original HP. If I created a fragrance this is what I would choose. I don't know how to describe it but it feels like this was made just for me. I get vanilla from the first spritz to the dry down. At the end of the day I smell like vanilla with the ever so slight hint of woods and musk. I breathe it in all day. It never has rough edges, just soft and powerful all day. Sillage and longevity are amazing. I wear it all the time. Whether I'm going to a ballet or at home with my toddler. You don't need much to smell wonderful. I just can't say enough good things about this.
I don't recommend this to anyone else. Otherwise everyone else will smell like me :-)
Thank you Dior for creating a masterpiece.
P.s. It gets my husbands tick of approval too.

KateAnette
KateAnette

@ Cindykaul, i can't help but comment...Finished a 50ml bottle in 2 weeks?? Wow... i'm laughing out loud :))... This is a truly georgeous frag, but as all the Poisons, should be sprayed with caution, it's a powerhouse. Sometimes it happens, that you can't smell your own perfume after you get used to it. That's why i want to change my scent now and then. I don't wanna fill a room with my perfume (and empty it from other people), nor make someone have an allergy attack or offend anyone. Finishing a 50ml bottle of Poison in 2 weeks... I'm sorry, but it kinda makes me feel a little bad for the people around you :p. I use perfume every day, but i don't think i've ever actually even finished a bottle, maybe once or twice in my life. Of the more potent perfumes, one or 2 spritzes usually is more than enough IMO. More than that, and you make the people around you suffer. No offense, but really, sometimes we get so used to our own perfume when using it every day, we don't smell it ourselves anymore. That doesn't mean that people around you don't smell it. With the potent stuff, less is definitely more ;)

loonad
loonad

i agree with the previous reviewer-this is the fragrance you wear when you want to seduce your man on a dinner date when both are elegantly dressed.i would use it in winter.it is sexy and very feminine.it will make him want to get closer to you to smell this very appealing fragrance.i hope this one will appeal to my scorpio hubby as he is very choosy on this topic.

incandescent
incandescent

Personality: Feminine, sensual, enigmatic, romantic, deep, tender.

Age: 25-60

Scent: A softer, more romantic version of HP, but with better longevity. It is more floral and sweeter, but just as dark and sexy with its deep powdery base of vanilla and woods.

When/Where: Best for evening/night-time in any season. For dating/romance, wining and dining, formal and semi-formal events. Not a casual scent, this one is a lady's fragrance. I can see this as being a fall/winter signature scent for the more 'demure' and subtle femme fatales out there.

Sillage/Longevity: Medium-Good Sillage, Very Good Longevity (8-10 hours).

JUST FOR FUN: This is perfect for the moody Cancer female when she is taking up residence at the darker, sexier side of the moon. Passionate, mysterious, romantic and sensitive. It also suits the other two water signs in seduction mode, Scorpions and Pisceans as well.

perfumeandme
perfumeandme

HP Eau Sensuelle is a delicate and soft frag in my opinion. You can't definitely wear it on summertime but perfect in fall/winter. Can be worn at night time, when you are on date. It's not a frag for going out in a night club.

Be careful in wearing this becuase even if it's EDT, though a very delicate scent you'll be shocked how powerful it is and it really last and sometimes can be head inducing.

Let's add how lovely the bottle is and the juice suits perfectly like what you really expect.

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

I love it love it and love it, very special fragrance, the composition is perfect, works so well , the opening is rather warmly , orchid mixture with Rose however the Ylang-Ylang made a bit cool down , and I adored the base of sandalwood not too much not too less, just be right, which keep the perfume very longer lasting ,.
Can you believe it, I finished 50ml bottle in 2 weeks, and I bought 100mL once again couple week ago .
I can’t stop smelling this perfume, even if just put on whenever I ‘m going to my bed
A Legend ! Remarkable Bottle !

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

Much better than HP!!! The orchid makes it more elegant and sophisticated! The original HP is too similar to my nose to Kenzo Amour and I think even this one is better than HP...

***Not a big fan but I'd like a 50 ml bottle of this beauty! Just for some special nights... :D:D:D

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

This is much more "wearable" for me,the original hypnotic is gorgeous in itself-but I find the almond too heavy.
This however is perfect on me and really comes alive when its cold -cant imagine wearing this on a hot summer day! Its one of those where you just cant stop sniffing your wrist over and over throughout the day -its comforting and warm :)

sofababe
sofababe

@Ronnirenae- I tried this last week at the Dior counter of my local department store, so it is generally available. The elixir I think was LE.

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

I had very high hopes for this - the bottle is so tempting. This is spicy vanilla on me. With a LOT of vanilla. Too much vanilla and too sweet for me. Marcipan. Alas!

Clefairy
Clefairy

Hypnotic Poison is a warm, sweet, sophisticated fragrance with warm, sugary, toasted almond and vanilla tones. Great for wearing out at night - a sensual scent that lasts well, and something different to the norm. A light spritz is all that is needed.

chowchow41
chowchow41

Oh dear Sensuelle the way you touch my skin with orange flower, orchid, vanilla and sandelwood is amazing. Then you get sligtly powdery wich i love. You are indeed a sensuelle amazing vanilla fragrance. I like you a lot.

octobersun
octobersun

I love and have both Hypnotics.This one is in a way even stronger, more powerful and longer lasting scent then HP, but if it is about uniqueness, I am more with original Hypnotic.

Henriete
Henriete

I don't like the Hypnotic Poison, think it's nauseous.... But this Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle it's FANTASTIC!!!! Loved it loved it loved it!! Classic Poison is a passion, Midnight Poison is great, Dior Pure Poison is OK. But this Eau Sensuelle was beyond my expectations. When it was launched, I thought UUGGHH, but then I tried it in a perfume shop and... I HAD to buy it. Really sensual, powerful, I almost get hypnotized by it!

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is basically a lighter, softer version of Hypnotic Poison. It’s much more floral and less oriental. The orange blossom is the strongest note in this, mixed with a noticeable softness from the ylang-ylang. Only a hint of tuberose is detectable. It has that creamy root-beer quality that the original has, but it takes on more of an orangey-vanilla feel here.

I would guess this is more wearable for those who find the original too strong or unusual. Personally, I love the original. Although this one is beautiful, I can’t see myself choosing it over the original. I love the bitter spice, exotic woods, and intense vanilla of Hypnotic Poison. The qualities I love about it are softened, subdued and muted here. As a stand-alone fragrance, this is gorgeous. But it doesn’t outdo the original Hypnotic Poison for me!

I didn’t find the original to be overly loud or obnoxious, so I didn’t see any need to “tone it down.” All in all, Eau Sensuelle is beautiful. But as long as I have the original Hypnotic Poison available to me I don't know if I will feel the need to buy a bottle.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

The top notes and those a bit further are so blissfully orange blossomy with some intriguing cacao feel - a soft smile in Pure Poison Elixir direction, voluptuously enveloping so you melt, that was a big hook, catch, lasso whatever... Then the scent started reminding of another new scent by the same perfumer, great, now I have a choice. And then - ouch! - it turned into regular Hypnotic Poison drydown with persistent vanilla excessive something in its base... lucky I got the sample.

Well, I still find it a rather enticing relative of HP. But in the matter of a choice, J’adore L’or for me please. It feels like the creamy hypnotic equator of Eau Sensuelle…

macoolina
macoolina

Wonderful and very very POWDERY - I feel thick TONKA scent, although there is no any of it. It's just creamy vanilla that makes powdery effect. I love this edition, it's more wearable than first Hypnotic Poison. There's no sweetness, and I like it, but there is milky softness, ideal for winter time.

Rach1
Rach1

This is GREAT choice for people who can't handel the orginal HP if it's too strong for them. If you're expecting another heavy scent, you won't meet your expectations 100% with this becuase it's a bit lighter, and more gentle. I for one like both sprays....I use them at diff. times when I'm in diff. moods. I LOVE creamy and floral stuff...and this fragrance just combines it together. Soooooo hot and addicting i luv it.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Sometimes in life you have to ask yourself "WHY??"

This is the vibe I get whenever I see the tester for Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle.

This is Hypnotic Poison toned of all its glory. It resembles a dirty sheet over which someone kept orange blossom and a rather dry, nutty vanilla. It never gets as sultry as the original and neither do I get the sweet, almost cloying vanilla with an almond accord that just controls the fragrance from being "Too much".

This fragrance is on the lines of Pure Poison, like a white floral but the nutty and extremely harsh vanilla keeps it from being "Too happy". It does nothing like prancing like ballerina, who, in my opinion would be the ideal wearer of Pure Poison, but it does nothing but sit and try to be pretty. *pretty ugly*

At the end, I get an extremely disturbing sherbet powder mixed with rotten vanilla which I recall smelling in Calvin Klein's Euphoria. I am definitely not wasting my precious money on this strangled, hissing orange getting ensnared by the dry, powdery and dusty vanilla.

whiten
whiten

I can't be sure about this perfume. for me it starts out very powerful and beautiful, the complete drydown is soft but yet still strong. in between is what's troubling me. it has that play dough smell to my nose, a bit overkill with vanilla. mom said it smelled like ben-gay. I cracked up. though I can't say it is as bad as my mom makes it to be, it is a bit hard to wear. I felt like something was cooking :D I'm not very familiar with original hypnotic poison but if it's even heavier and vanilla bomb than this, then I'm sure it won't be my cup of tea. though it is very different and I would like to have it (the bottle is so beautiful!)

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

I just received my Hypnotic Poison-Sensual in the mail yesterday at a super cheap price from Fragrance.net. I sprayed it on at 6:00 a.m. before I left to work, and now at 4:00 p.m., I can still smell it on my wrist. Wow, this scent has longevity! It's a very nice scent and sweeter than the original hipnotic poison. It was worth my money.

CozyCat
CozyCat

Christian Dior's answer to a warm-climate-friendly version of the original Hypnotic Poison. Also a better option if you liked the original but found it too harsh. Great for day or night and all seasons, but I wouldn't wear this one on hot days. Personally, I probably wouldn't wear this during the day at all...it's abit too 'femme fatale' to pull off casually and will require dressing up, but that's just me, I'm the boring good girl-next-door LOL. It is softer, slightly sweeter and more floral than the original. The base is less darker and less woodsy as well. However they are still very similar scents, with the same herbaceous-vanilla, 'rootbeer-float' feel. Inspite of being softer than the original, it lasts longer on my skin, which is great, I get a good 8-10 hours with Eau Sensuelle, compared to around 5-6 hours with the original. On my wish-list, but I have enough perfumes for now.

Elixa
Elixa

This is the only oriental floral fragrance I love & I can wear ;-)

First time I sprayed it, I thought it was bit strong, comparing to fragrances I use. (I am floral-woody-musk lover)
Later on though something about that fragrance was so captivating, catching my attention, wanting me to smell it more and more.

It's different from most scents in that category. They are heavy, laud, bit obnoxoius to my nose.

This one is just sensual, loud and quiet at the same time, elegant and sexy.

Vanilla is in the lead. I would say I could detect a bit of white chocolate in there. And maybe some flowers and bit of woodsy notes hidind there ;-)

Silage is very good.

Just perfect composition!

frumpyboo
frumpyboo

One of my favourite scents and I can't wait to have another gorgeous bottle of it again!

I'm a big fan of Oriental Florals but this to me is more like an Oriental Vanilla. The design house Dior is a favourite also. Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is one of those perfumes you can afford to wear as a daytime fragrance especially in autumn or winter. The main vanilla note hasn't been sweetened which is great!!! Instead ylang-ylang, tuberose and orchid harmonize with the vanilla to give it that mature, sexy sensual nature to it. It's not as bold as Hypnotic Poison but it does have excellent longevity.

From start to finish this fragrance is elegant, feminine and enchanting. Well worth the spend.

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

now THIS poison is EXACTLY what i was so anxiously looking for in the "normal" hypnotic, but could never find. looks like i was not the only one... ;) well.... NOW the composition is finished! and its perfect!

Lyndale
Lyndale

I fell in love with this at first smell, even though I do like to wear strong, oriental types most of all. As people have pointed out, it is more floral than the original HP but those floral notes are all rich, luxurious blankets that wrap you with their warmth. Even so, it is a fragrance that can be used any time and for me personally, the silage is excellent.
I disagree with people who are saying that this fragrance is not seductive. It isn't blatantly sexy as some fragrances can be but it is subtly and undoubtedly sensual. My husband can't get close enough when I'm wearing it, he's practically tipped me off the edge of the bed before now, snuggling up to smell it on my neck!

I suppose the beauty of this fragrance is simply in the nose of the "be-sniffer" ;)

nonnative
nonnative

Lets compare l'eau sensuelle with the original Hypnotic Poison. L'eau is better melted, more sensual and more elegant. Its brigher and the vanilla is less gourmand (positive). Where Hp is dark, l'eau is sparkling. Simply , a better version. Much better.

almogmush
almogmush

i love it and so does anyone else that smells it on me,. buy it, you wont regret it i promise.

tanith
tanith

Simply...BEAUTIFUL ! :)

Pierina
Pierina

After 6 months of coveting this fragrance I Finally made my purchase!
I am so pleased with it. for me it is like being enveloped in an exotic cloud of vanilla, orchid and orange blossom.
This fragrance lasts forever! I remember spritzing some in my hair once and I could detect it on my hair clip 2 months later.
My husband loves it too.. he cant tell the difference between red and pink lipstick or if im actually wering makeup for that matter but told me this had gotten better and better on my skin as the hours passed. (if my neanderthal is impressed this must be special :)
EDIT: I forgot to mention... Monica Belucci.. I need not go further, but I will. Wow! I believe her to be the most beautiful and sensual and sexy woman in media today and she is effortless in being so. She suits this exotic liquid very well. :)

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Just received my bottle today from the Dior website. This scent is so beautiful!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

The opening of this smells somewhat tropical, with fruity notes and orchid. And the vanilla is already present. As it wears the tuberose comes forward, buffeted by more vanilla and then more vanilla. It is very creamy, you can tell that there is ylang ylang in there. You do get a hint of sandalwood in there and the musk does make an appearance but really this is all about the vanilla, syrupy and entwined in the tuberose. This is quite heavy handed and completely over powered the Shalimar Parfum Initial that I was wearing on my other wrist. Great sillage though. I would say this is more of an oriental vanilla.

fgamz
fgamz

i didnt like the original hypnotic poison at all, i thought it was so bad i just wanted to wash my skin with bleach when i got home, i am a massive fan of florals though, and when i read the notes for this one i had to go test it out..

LOVED the top notes, simply loved loved loved them.. Ylang ylang and orange blossom soo lovely it wasnt sickly sweet but a very crisp clean sweet, middle notes were just soo fresh but still florally sweet if that makes sense, nothing like the fruit salad that HP had it smelt nothing like the original until the base notes hit, very creamy, can smell the musk not so much sandalwood but more vanilla but thats on my skin, everyone experiments differently but i honestly dont mind this scent at all.

Its not at all a "sexual" perfume, as its not so seductive?? i guess.. its just a very elegant and classy kind of smell.. I wouldnt use this to attract my husband to bed, but more of a daytime wear for work or lunch with friends..

Its not a bad perfume at all, i really like the top and middle notes, not so pleased with the musk base note but dont mind the vanilla smell, but i still love the top notes, i would def buy it for cold winter days..

The bottle is so sexy, and the face of this perfume is the beautiful monica bellucci, who is very sexy, indeed one of my idols, i think they meant this to be sexy but its just didnt go that far.. IMO..

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

This perfume is so hot words cant describe it oh Dior you've done it again

adele l
adele l

I cannot wear the original hypnotic poison-it really gets nauseating on my skin! Eau sensuale however is incredibly easy to wear while maintaining some of the sweet gourmand vanilla almond qualities of HP..the florals are subtle but seem to smooth down the harsh edges..it is actually quite subtle but delicious. Very warm and yummy without offending those around you!

never thought I would like this!according to the notes it's somthing I should run from,but it's so pleasant to me.floral and sweet without being heavy and overwhelmingly floriental!
it's very different from the origin hypnotic poison,less spicy and more sweet.tuberose and vanilla are easily detecable.I also smell some woody notes that I thought it would be vetiver.it's much sweeter than the original one,maybe too floral.totally I can summerize it in two words:SWEET FLOWERS

Mrskitten
Mrskitten

Smelling this perfume lingering on my skin as I woke up today pushed me to write about it. Of course its the floral version of Hypnotic Poison (which I love,but its impossible to wear but in winter unless you plan to suffocate someone and yourself).

To my nose this perfume isn't linear at all, it bursts with bright zesty orange flowers, ylang ylang and vanilla orchid then it morphs into a candied floral bouquet till it settles to vanilla orchid musky mixture that it lasts up to two days on my skin and forever on my clothes.
As the name suggests its very sensual and the third perfume I encountered that has the power to make men literally follow you around intrigued by the scent, so needless to say it's an instant turn on for men, it gives the impression of luxury, class, femininity and NOT in a cheap look at me I'm easy manner.
It's a warm sweet scent but doesn't give you toothache.
It has a great silage and it fares well under all seasons, I took it with me on a recent beach vacation and I loved wearing it to party at night.
It will also make a great choice for a Hypnotic Poison fan who misses her fix during the warmer months and as well for for someone's who couldn't handle the strength of the original.

healer
healer

it stays for hours.. even after 8 hours I get compliments.

duftduft
duftduft

if you like the original hypnotic poison, you´ll like this one too. quite similar but lighter and fading away more quickly. like the eau sensuelle- but love the original because of the lily of the valley acchord :-)

EDIT...3 years later now and I don´t like it anymore- I simply love it.
While the original HP is still my signature this one enjoys me as much. The Vanilla and Musk Notes are dominant but- instead of Jasmine and Almond-I get Orange Blossom, Orchid and Ylang Ylang. Same Party just another delicious tasting drink in my hands.

This is a rather tender but sweet perfume. You have to come close to someone to smell it. It smells like candy and vanilla. It's a gourmand scent, I would say. I think it's a bit romantic and I see young girls wearing this. It's nothing for me. Reminds me a little of Parisienne.

sharyn100
sharyn100

oh how i love this perfume.i have always loved the original one but this one is even more gorgeous !! i will be wearing this for a very very long time..think its actually my all time favourite (and thats saying something ) my 4 year old daughter wants to smell it all day too hahaha she has great taste eh :0)

jolla
jolla

I'm so happy i tried this! i really like the original but it's to strong for me and i always get headache but this one is a lighter version of the original HP and this doesn't give me a headache.. finaly a HP for me!

ChickyC
ChickyC

When I wore the original Hypnotic Poison my husband asked me why I wanted to smell like a fairycake. All men love vanilla? Myth busted!

So I tried Eau Sensuelle. It is more "floral" but not in a pretty floral way. It's deep and it is sensuelle - I'd love to know which notes create that dusty effect because I love it. The vanilla is not so pronounced but still detectable.

It's one of my top 5 and likely to stay that way for a long long time. Adore it!

Suellen
Suellen

I love this parfume, it´s really similar like Hypnotic Poison, but for me, this one is more delicated, sweet, mystic...great for evening...like a drug for the others :)

Mizz K
Mizz K

Love this perfume. I prefer this to the original HP which was too strong imo. HPS is very sweet, soft, feminine and sensual and even though it is only an Edt it stays on the skin for hours and hours.

My absolute favourite poison, closely followed by Pure.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Sometimes in life you have to ask yourself.. WHY?! This is one of those times. My experience with this particular fume was not @ all pleasant! So the packaging & the bottle are both very nice. & I must admit I did NOT have high expectations of this flanker & I am glad I didn't! This is basically Hypnotic Poison toned down of all it's glory. I personally think the orange blossom ruins it & morphs the fragrance into something totally different. That's what they were aiming for? Of course, was it ideal? Not to me.

It does not fit me at all. It's on the lines of Pure Poison. Like a beautiful flower that you are expecting to morph into something stunning, yet does nothing but just sits there & tries to be pretty. That's the overall feeling I get from this. It is a 1 dimensional fragrance with no appeal. It's very youthful & should appeal to those young lady's or even teenagers.

This does NOT last more than 4 hours on me before I am left with a very faint artificial undertones of vanilla ice cream mixed with orange sherbert. Not bad, but not appealing especially coming from Dior. This shouldn't have been a flanker of Hypnotic Poison, but instead should have been it's own little creation called Eau Sensuelle! Drop Poison because it DOES NOT deserve to carry that part of the name.

Dior is slowly destroying the Poison line up before are eyes with MESS like this. They drop Tendre Poison & bring this out? HA! Well I can't wait to find out what else they have in store for the Poison lovers. Hopefully the next time Dior will take notes & it will be as ground breaking as the original Poison & Midnight Poisons were! Those are tough acts to follow, especially the original, but Dior is known for making ground breaking fumes. Not contraption such as this!

alicektn
alicektn

I have tried this several times. Truth is I did not like it much. Maybe it is not reacting well with my skin, but the thing is that it is totally unintesting to me. I could not trace the wet wood undertones, the fluffy vanilla and the discreet coconut that I really liked in the first Hypnotic Poison.

The bottle is really beautiful though!

mediterranean
mediterranean

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most beautiful of all?- Asked the stepmother in her long purple dress-
Snow White is the most beautiful in the kingdom-said the mirror.
She took the poisoned red apple from her dressing table,slowly removed the red top and sprayed it generously on her neck.
I have changed my mind-Said the mirror-You are the most beautiful of all.
Sometimes is such good fun to be a wicked woman!

napiergirl
napiergirl

Bought this yesterday and it is as another said a tarter version of orginal HP .I perfer this one . Reminds me ever so slightly of dkny red delicious ...but not in a sickly artifical way , and its for just a moment , then its orchid , lilly and vanilla that lasts and lasts .
well worth buying .

Amylene
Amylene

similar to the original but without coconut.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

this smells very similar to the discontinued scent Secondscent by Ted Baker. this very particular aroma from hypnotic poison seems to be anis, even if not listed here it has to be in it.
it's very familiar to hypnotic poison but it's the lightweight version of it, not that sweet and bold. good for daytime wear and sumernights out. i love it as i love my signature scent für warmer month Secondscent by Ted Baker. not worthy to have both as they are indeed very close to each other. that's why i wouldn t buy this one but wouldn t mind someone would gift it to me :P smells very elegant and luxury and the bottle is a dream (love the bloody red in combination with the deep purple) <3<3<3

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I have tried this one several times now and it keeps growing on me. Not yet to the point that I want to buy it (partly because I've just purchased 3 other perfumes), but I can definitely see myself possibly wearing it in the future. I smell almonds in this perfume although they are not among the notes listed. Strage... Lasts exceptionally long, very impressed with that.

I find some similarities with Fire & Ice (Revlon) at the dry down stage. Can't detect even the slightest resemblance to Kenzo Amour (which I own and love).

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

Honestly I`ve expected that this would be even more intense and strong than original Hypnotic.One sniff was enough for me to make sure that I`ve wrong.Eau sensuelle is softer and not that hard sweet like Hypnotic.I think it would be great for those of you,who find Hypnotic very strong and powerfull.

mjb28
mjb28

This is one of the beautiful perfume! It is rich, warm, less spicy, feminine, seductive and sensual. Hypnotic, yes it is! Modern, classy and mysterious. This perfume has an excellent staying power on my skin. Very impressive! A big thumbs up! I love this one! I really do!

heavenbelle

This is my second review about this beauty. For months I have been spraying testers on my wrists to see if it suits my skin chemistry. Like what I have written before, I really can smell rootbeer from it. My husband doesn't like that fact, but for some reason I love it! Finally I bought my own bottle last week and when I first used it the smell of rootbeer is not prominent anymore, ylang ylang is suddenly more distinctive. I am not sure why, but I heard from a friend working for a perfume shop that testers are really more concentrated and are stronger than the ones you can purchase. But nevertheless,I still love it. And the lasting power is so amazing albeit it's an EDT. It is nice to spray it on the hair and even though you wash it, you can still smell it!

Blimunda
Blimunda

This is the best Hypnotic poison.
It's very powerful with great aura, less sweet, more on the orchid and less on the vanilla side. Cozy, alluring, warm, seductive and sensual as only red can be ;)

The bottle is a real peace of art.
Love it. ?

karlee79
karlee79

This is similar to the Hypnotic, but undoubtedly NOT identical. This is fruity and green, like a tart version of the original . The tartness reminds me of the tartness in Jessica Simpson Fancy in the opening all the while still holding that classic hypnotic scent and the muskiness of Posion Tendre in the drydown. very interesting. If you love or even like Posion Tendre and adore the Hypnotic , you will absolutely love this treat! I never new my favorite perfume in the whole world,could smell so different yet capture the same scent as hypnotic! Job well done, I am in love with this one and wouldn't trade it for the world!

krishka
krishka

dunno why i can't find this perfume in Asia, can't find it online too...very disappointing...want to test it so badly...:((

Fragrance
Fragrance

My Hubby got this for me yesterday and I'm Sooooooooo in Love with this Sparkling Red Beauty...:) really sensual,feminine & sexy ...The warmth of the Vanilla note, hint of Orange ,sandalwood and Rose.. this will definitely take you to a romantic world... Everything is perfect here.. Not too much..Not too less... Thanks Dior... So far this is my favorite from Dior

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

I don't agree with the Kenzo Amour comparison. KA is very gentle, refined and tendre. It really has a felling of Japan to it. Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is nice but for me it has no tenderness, the vanilla is louder and ylang-ylang makes it sharp. I do like it but not enough to buy it. And, of course, I love Kenzo Amour more.

Amethyste
Amethyste

After some minutes it becomes a stronger version of Kenzo Amour, like opening a bottle of vanilla for cooking. After some hours it turns into a vanilla milk smell.

Minnija
Minnija

I like this one better that the Original Hypnotic poion, because it i really sensual :) feminine, sexual, soft...

mirto
mirto

I tried it today and I was not at all impressed. It is quite similar to Hypnotic Poison although less spicy and more floral, too sweet and generally speaking boring and not sensuelle at all.It sure does last long, though.

heavenbelle

ROOTBEER??!!?? Did I hear someone saying it smells like rootbeer??

Well it does, but I don't know why I love it on my skin.

I tried spraying it on my skin awhile ago, and I really love the sweet smell of this. It's not sweet in the sense that it is cloying, I find this a really pleasant and feminine smell.

I so hate loud and attention seeking perfumes that are selling nowadays and thank God there are still new perfumes like this that are very gentle and yet very impressive....

For those of you who have smelled this on paperstrips and decided you don't want to smell like rootbeer, before closing your doors to this lovely perfume,try it on your skin first! Based on my experience, I totally changed my impression on this perfume when I tried it on my skin!!

Love DIOR perfumes!! This is definitely next on my "to buy" list...

Aysu
Aysu

This is very very similar to original HP, vanilla is again in the centre, most dominant note in Eau Sensuelle, like it is in original.

And, the differences...

Original HP is more spicy, sometimes plasticky / play doughy for some, definitely stronger and can be annoying if over applied..

HP Eau Sensuelle is less spicy, stronger on the floral side, especially the orchid is very dominant (vanilla orchid is awesome in this).
This is closer to be a skinscent, it can be part of you, smells very natural.

Finally all notes fade and vanilla orchid stays in a soft and natural way...

Personally I prefer this one over HP.

Reminds me of kenzo amour

guest_bitter--sweet
guest_bitter--sweet

First of all, for the record I used to love the old Hypnotic Poison from '98.

Even though it is one of my favorite fragrances, i have to say that it was not very 'user friendly'. Unfortunately, over time, it has lost it's attraction because many women didn't know how to wear it to a point where it became a Poison that was everything but Hypnotic. Therein lies the art of wearing a perfume. One can not build a presence or allure by wearing a strong perfume. The perfume should compliment a person's character.

The high pitched notes were overwhelming at times.
Demachy has, to my opinion, improved the old version by making it more sophisticated, wearable and easily adaptable to different skins.

It's warm, tantalizing and finds a perfect spot on a woman's skin where with her natural body temperature it appears out of nowhere to tease you asking for more.

It's much more subtle and feminine than the older version, which unfortunately is sometimes overpowering and can even appear as tacky or cheap on some women (usually the type of women who try to create a presence by using tons of heavy perfumes such as "Angel").

This is indeed a sensual version of Hypnotic Poison. It's soft, intriguing, extremely feminine and enchanting. What more could one ask for?

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Francois Demachy is officially my favourite nose for the time being. He achieved the impossible.

He managed to make a fine fragrance out of a messy, although highly popular, composition which I personally hate, meaning the 98's Hypnotic poison.

Demachy is leaving his olfactory mark all over Dior and practically expresses or reinterprets the house singlehandedly at the moment.

His Eau sensuelle interpretation:spares the coconut (thank God), glorifies the orange flower absolute (yes Francois,I love you)and brightens things up with the green notes. All that without being unfaithful to the original idea.

I don't know how he did it.
We're talking mission impossible.
Congratulations.

COSMICSCENTS

I was expecting a very rich and sensual fragrance but instead I got a fragrance I could barely smell. I sprayed in on my pulse points and my clothes and it's very soft. As far as the smell it does smell similar to the original but very faint and the lasting power is very poor. I was very dissapointed in this one.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I tried on a strip today. Smells pretty much like the original, but softer.
Since I love HP, I bought it.

COSMICSCENTS

I TESTED IT TODAY AND I WAS VERY EXCITED WHEN I SAW IT, HOWEVER IT DIDN'T IMPRESS ME TO THE MAXIMUM LIKE I WAS EXPECTING. I WANTED A STRONGER AND DEEPER SCENT BUT THIS FRAGRANCE IT'S TOO SOFT AND THE DRYDOWN IT'S VERY SIMILAR TO THE ORIGINAL.WHEN I FIRST SPRAYED IT IT WAS MORE FRESH. I WILL TEST IT AGAIN JUST TO MAKE SURE BECAUSE I LOVE THE BOTTLE BUT I WILL NOT SPEND THE MONEY FOR A SIMILAR SCENT.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

well well well!
what can i say about this master piece?
it is absolutly perfect!
stars spicy and floral, and then it becomes sweter and gourmand! absolutly beautiful and sexy.
however i do understand why so many hp's lovers are disliking this one - it still has some fine connection betwen the other flankers, but this one is more floral and gourmand.

however it is not a an artificial gourmand... i would even say it wasnt constructed to be gourmand-ish (for e.g. like nu by ysl, it's an oriental, but it's such a well made perfume, that it gets a little bit sweet):
- it's the beautiful orchide flower ( i would even say from madagascar), that has those specific characteristics: it gives that little ilussion of caramel, however in a very subtle smell, and the vanilla might help forcing this side.

so people that trully admire HP flankers but cannot wear them, (like me) THIS IS A PERFECT BLIND BUY :D

p.s. let's not even talk about sillage and lasting power, because i have a strip paper in my bedbroom, and i can thank dior for helping sleep for the last 4 days :D

I didn't think I could tell that about an Hypnotic Poison or any Poison that is not good original purple Poison in Esprit form, but I like it!
I hope that many HP lovers will switch to this one.
I'm not sure if I would have found it pleasant years ago or if I like it just because I got used to ubiquitous HP and this one comes as a relief!
Eau Sensuelle is nice smelling, floral, almondy, vanillic but not a killer as the first one! I can't stand that and I almost fainted the first time I smelled that plastic vanilla nuclear bomb, but Eau Sensuelle is smoother and fresher at the same time. Orange blossom smells so good, even if Eau Sensuelle stills smells very perfume-y compared to a few niche orange flower scents.
It's not totally different from HP, but the atrocious notes are maybe tamed down, yet it is a sensual scent in a modern way. Not just a flanker, maybe a new way of wearing HP without killing people around.

guest_peny
guest_peny

I'm looking forward to trying it! hypnotic poison is my favourite.. so i hope sensuelle won't be a disappointing version of the original one!

Ailimeavolokin said it truthfully, this is a paler version of the original Hypnotic Poison.

All that bold vanilla and play-dough has been taken away and replaced with soft florals and subdued vanilla. They perhaps made the original more wearable and casual, however in my opinion they made it boring.

Hypnotic Poison was never my favourite in the Poison series, I much preferred the richer Poison, Midnight Poison and Tendre Poison. To make a lighter version of any of those three fragrances would be an outrage, why did they assume that making a softer version of Hypnotic Poison was going to be well-received?

I'm a young woman that likes to make a statement with the fragrances I choose to wear. Hypnotic Poison eau Sensuelle is neither head-turning or overly sensual in my opinion. I would wear this fragrance perhaps as a bed-time scent or to a picnic in the park.

The sillage is extremely intimate and soft, and the lasting power, while satisfactory, could have lasted a little longer.

In conclusion all I can say is for those that like to wear bold fragrances, stick to the original. For those shy perfume wearers, Hypnotic Poison eau Sensuelle could be the perfect scent for you, especially if you found the original to be too strong.

melia
melia

It is hypnotic poisons dry vanilla with a liiiiitle sour note. That sounds like a birthdaycake gone bad, but it really is nice actually. The original is somewhat more powdery and soft in the drydown... I wouldn't even call eau sensuelle a lighter version, just because on my skin, it has better staying-power than the original! But an easier to wear-version? Probably...

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I like it a lot,very much the same scent as HP but as said before,much more lighter.More flowery and nice for daytime during winter.The bottle is of course beyond beautiful.I would like to have a bottle of it.

delphine67
delphine67

Ive tested this one today,and I cant smell much differance from the original. This one is a bit lighter and flowery.
Just a lighter version of the original.

Nicole79
Nicole79

HPS...smells quite the same as the original HP , it's just more flowery, less strong and intense, a "watery" version of the first one !
More easy to wear and more "lumineux "!
Even if i'm not a fan of HP , i must say that it's way more intruiging and better than this new version !!!

Soo...i will pass this one ...;(...As i passed the First !;(

eskarina62
eskarina62

Fantastic strength, sensual to the marrow!
Opens with a somewhat sharp note of many flowers, then hushes a bit, then some of the flowers surface again and surrender- finally- to the rose and vanilla!
Sprayed it on at an airport, the comparison with the original Hypnotic poison feels as if you are having a plain crepe when you can have one with syrup and ice-cream and nuts topping it!
Must be the individual chemistry but ...
a definite MUST BUY :)
And Monica Belucci can't have been the better face advertizing it!!!

sofiii
sofiii

Hypnotic Poison Eua Sensuelle isn't sensual,at least to me, it isn't. It's just a big floral with a little bit original Hypnotic Poison's almond hint.
If you don't enjoy the original one, but likes Alien by TM, maybe this one can get away with it; if you don't like sweet floral, maybe the red bottled poison just not really for you.

Ok, the scent itself, it starts with some sweet sweet floral fruity notes, not the fresh modern pink teen type of floral fruity, but a more synthetic in sweetness, so powerful that can penetrate. I guess it's a weird combo of orchid and other heady white flowers. It reminds me a lot of Alien's heady sweet jasmine. The good news is, there's some creamy vanilla and almond to balance it out.

After 10-20 minutes, the sweet flowers get really in-you-face aggressive. If you enjoyed Alien, maybe you will like this.

When it dries down, it gets less aggressive, the vanilla, almond hint here is just great, not as weird as that in the original one, and finally the nice sensual vanilla comes out, which is the highlight of this perfume. Somehow I would think this is a sister of Tom Ford Black Orchid's sister.

I find this one settels on my skin more easily than the original one, and I like the dry down a lot, but the path getting there is just too painful.

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

A pale version of the original Hypnotic Poison. Less vanilla, less almonds, some weird fruitiness, too much sweetness. It lacks character and seductiveness. I was eager to try it, but I won't spend my money for it.

jellybeantree

Just tested this for 2 days in a row and it smells better on me than the original, which has a kind of artificial coconut plastic smell which isn't very hypnotic to me. Sensuelle is similar in some way because vanilla is still the star here as in the original but this composition is more powdery and creamy vanilla dusted flowers. I like it smells yummy with a slight touch of sophistication. GOOD!

evettab
evettab

i was so surprised when i so a bottle on the shelve today.. perfumes normally get here months after the official release.
and i was so exited! hypnotic is one of my favorites and a long anticipated gift that was given to me not very long ago. but even a lover of it like me can't bear it on a 30c/90F 70% humidity weather we get here..
only one spray of Sensuelle on the wrist. hmmm... like the orighinal.. but.. lighter?.. not that you less notice it.. but more like.. it floats around you in a very gentle way.
other then that, to my non professional nose it's the same. less vanillay and foody.. but pretty much the same. it's about 7.5 hours later and it's just started to disappear, and that's great in this heat.
maybe i just wasn't paying enough attention to the notes and the phases. i'll have to try it again.

jellybeantree

I have never liked Hypnotic poison so this is maybe a chance to fall in love with this version. I love florals!! This one and Belle de opium are killing my curiosity!!! Cant wait till september!

Zaleska
Zaleska

I think it should have another name. Hypnotic Poison is sensual by itself.

PS: WHO'S taking my balloons away? LOL

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle by Christian Dior 4.07 out of 5 based on 1420 ratings and 209 user reviews

Sample
Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle
HYPNOTIC POISON EAU SENSUELLE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle
Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Perfume by Christian Dior, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Perfume by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.