Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum Christian Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 465 I had it: 102 I want it: 469 My signature: 22

almond
Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum Christian Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior’s fragrant poison in irresistible red flacon also has incredible popularity even among younger generations. Its seductive softness attracts attention with a sexy blend of flowers, spices and gourmet aromas, among which are those that tingle your imagination – liquorice, coconut, almonds and vanilla. This is also one of the compositions that made a revolution in the world of perfumery. During years it has been offered in several different ways and in different concentrations. The latest edition signed by perfumer Francois Demachy, perfumer of Dior, depicts the devilish side of the perfume with an oriental composition enriched with sambac jasmine absolute with its icy-animalistic nuances.

Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum is extremely natural and draws its power and strength from carefully selected raw materials absolutes. "Hypnotic Poison plays with absolutes, their natural aromas and depths." - says Francois Demachy. Composition of the perfume provides seductive aromas of sambac jasmine absolute combined with orange blossom absolute warmed and surrounded by resin-like hot notes of tonka and delicate vanilla. Gourmet, seductive face is additionally accentuated by liquorice which is one the key ingredients of the entire Hypnotic Poison line.

The characteristic flacon shaped like candied apple with dark layers of melted lava is most similar by shape and combination of shades to the perfume extract of fragrance Hypnotic Poison. The bottle was created by masters glass-makers Saint-Gobain. Neck of the bottle is decorated with a black ribbon with CD seal and the flacon is crowned with a black stopper that accentuates the darker (witch’s) side of the composition. It has been available since January 2014 as 50 ml Eau de Parfum and 100ml Eau de Parfum.

Licorice Almond

Hypnotic Poison Diable Rouge

Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

stephan
stephan

The vanilla is very faint in this version. It's a tonka bean bomb. It also has a leathery vibe. I expected more vanilla, but after wearing it, I may say I like it. I guess it will be a compliment getter, because I can not smell it unless I put my nose on my skin (I'm sure it is anosmia because all the reviews say performances are great). I think it is similar to Joop Homme.
EDIT: The sillage is very weak, I asked several friends, so I won't buy this again.

Soofiya
Soofiya

Dior is one of my favorite designer perfume brands and I love it although it easily breaks it's fan's hearts with constant dc-ing and reformulations
I adore all poisons,but I don't know why after buying them,I see that I can't really love them,still I use and like them but I always wished to find my poisons
Since I'm a vanilla lover,hypnotic could have been my poison,but it's not.call me crazy but I prefer it's cheap dupe,police forbidden,to dior's hp..I've only smelt hypnotic sensuelle on one of my friends.I found it better than HP,but wasn't sure about my love.HP eau sucre is very likable and nice smelling but it lacks the oomph and strength to be my poison
I was hopelessly about poisons.one day I was searching for liquorice dominant perrumes(I love liquorice)and HP edp caught my eyes.I was breathless when I saw it's notes.there's also almond besides my beloved vanilla and tonka.how could I miss it?
My first test was a love at first sniff.I was hypnotized.there was HP gene but it was denser,no fruit notes,and I could feel a lovely dark bitterness blended with HP's delicious sweet creamyness.it's original HP's older and bolder sister,this is my poison!
I don't want to try it once more.it's too good to be true and I don't want to hesitate.no one knows when it's gonna be discontinued or reformulated
Highly recommended to liquorice-tonka lovers
❤❤❤❤❤

Simone1
Simone1

My new winter love.

mystica

Pretty much a current badge:

That's just terrible... Extremely heavy, linear and artificial. Let me say that my opinion of Hypnotic Poison EDP had been way higher when I tried it in 2014. But today, it's just a mess. Also I remember that it had contained more notes back then, not only 6.

Licorice, a huge dose of cheries and tonkabeans, all artifical, that's all about it.

Suffocating.

Longevity isn't that perfect either, in my case for the good...

Despite the reformulations and everything, Dior has some good perfumes still, like J'adore L'Or, but HP EDP is definitely not one of them. Avoid.

Palmee
Palmee

A very intoxicating perfume. I personally prefer this better than the etd. I can really smell the liquorice and jasmine. Smells a bit cherry like too with burnt sugar but in a really good way. I absolutely love this stuff. Very additive and very long lasting. It's gets stronger as the day goes on. A very bewitching and mesmerising scent. Perfect for the colder weather.

skyneverfall
skyneverfall

Sweet and sensual vanilla. It is a strong perfume but in a good way. You want this type of perfume to be strong. My husband doesn't like perfume but when I wear this, he can't keep his nose out of my neck!

Esmeralda1
Esmeralda1

I have used the original HP edt from 1998 and find this one, EDP more similar to that one wich no longer produces.. They try with The new edt but IT is not long lasting and intense like the old one. This one came to my aid yesterday. Wow! Time transported back til the millenium shift, i wore this and felt like The magic seductress of men!! It was like holding the room in one hand and control everyone in there with this magic potion! This EDP really intoxicate and hold you close like nothing else. I could not stop sniffing my wrist the whole evening, i had to smell it even when i was driving the car

HumesMistress
HumesMistress

I keep wanting to love the EDP, but I primarily get cherries and almonds. Sort of a cherry incense. I notice another reviewer made the same connection. If cherry had been listed as a note I wouldn't have purchased this. For whatever reason, cherry is the new fruit note in many gourmand fragrances and I've come to realize I don't want to smell like cherries. I loved the strawberry note in the original Miss Dior Cherie, but cherry is a huge no go for me. It reminds me too much of a hard candy, throat lozenge, or flavored lip gloss.

shenziexo
shenziexo

I wasn't impressed when I smelled this for the very first time because I thought the EDP was going to be a stronger version of the EDT. After giving it a chance and getting over my initial disappointment, this perfume is now one of my all time favourites. It is dark, bold and stunning. I detect every note and I can smell fragments of the EDT in the base. It's heavy and very sweet but not cloying. This lasts forever on my skin and even longer on my coat. I'd suggest this perfume to anyone who needs a confidence booster. I'm a very shy person but when I wear this I feel assertive and in control. Wearing this fragrance is a magical experience.

bronni666
bronni666

i like this fragrance a lot. probably because i cant pinpoint the liquorice in it. it has great longetivity and for me to say this, it must be good because im the first person to say nothing ever lasts anymore. in fact, a top i was wearing that i sprayed it on has now been washed and hanging on the line. everytime i walk past it i can still smell hypnotic poison. i think it is a winter scent though. its fairly heavy but its lovely.

modernmabuse
modernmabuse

Klasik Hypnotic Poison ile uzaktan yakından ilgisi olmayan tarçın ve şekerden oluşan saçmasapan ve ne diye Hypnotic Poison adı verildiğini anlayamadığım bir koku. Dior saçmalamış

ursa124
ursa124

I wore this in college. I felt so mysterious. 10 yrs later it's still pretty awesome and mysterious. It's definitely a nose seduction.

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

Odio questo intruglio obeso e nauseante.
Se mi si parla di Hypnotic poison prima versione 1998 allora tanto di cappello,è buono,cremoso,tropicale,originale,ma questo "eau de parfum" è orrendo. Non ha niente di Hypnotic poison,è identico al deodorante Malizia vanilla,non ci sono fiori, ne frutti ne altro. Sono un chimicone che usa il nome di un profumo di successo per vendersi.
Disgustoso.

nightcutter
nightcutter

I love the EDT so thought I would like this but I don't. I've tried it several times and each time I get a malty and chocolatey aroma, like Horlicks drinking chocolate. Not for me!

Peta22
Peta22

I’m looking forward to doing a side by side comparison between this and La Petite Robe Noir as I’m astounded at how similar they seem to be to my nose! This strikes me as a warmer, softer version – maybe a ‘winter’ LPRN perhaps? I absolutely adore LPRN but sometimes I find it to be a bit too strong for my senses so, on those days, I can see myself reaching for this instead. HP Eau de Parfum is enchanting though… I can easily pick up that its part of the HP family but, to me, it’s sweeter, lighter, fresher and shows more cherry and almond. I definitely find it to be less creamy than the EDT and has much less coconut. I’ve had this on my wrist for about an hour and a half now and it’s just getting better and better. I love it! As it settles, it’s becoming warmer and the vanilla, Tonka and resinous qualities are becoming more prominent. Personally I don’t really get the ‘liquorice’ in this but maybe it’s just a scent I don’t recognise as it’s interesting to me that several of my favourite fragrances apparently incorporate liquorice eg: Hypnotic Poison, LPRN, SL Un Bois Vanille, TF Tobacco Vanille and L de Lolita Lempicka! Seems I may have much more of a taste for liquorice than I realise!

Tanyacoca
Tanyacoca

My full bottle came in today and I really like it. I wore it to work and have already received 2 compliments from my male coworkers. I only wish it lasted a bit longer.

cecfor
cecfor

The original HP I find weird on me and not something I would wear. This has a brief reminding phase of it but sweeter and less weird. It is actually superduper sweet and very liquorice to begin with. Strong too. I get a little nauseous. Too much. After a while i get cherries and I guess it has something to do with the almonds. My daughter liked it a lot (spontaneous compliment, very unusual if I wear what I love myself) but for my taste it is way too sweet. After about 4 hrs no sillage left. A skinscent is left that smells like the beginning but not so overly sweet and with a little less liquorice and more vanilla. Almost linear.

I find nothing bad smelling in this, It is just too much and too sweet for my taste. It also has too steep wear-off curve for me. Headspinning strong to skinscent in 4 hrs makes it hard to dose and difficult to wear. Perfect to me is more even in sillage and longer lasting.

emyalda
emyalda

This is similar to the hypnotic poison i have been craving for 10 years,
ever since i was 12 years old and smelt the original on my older cousin.
The dark, sensual, liquorice hypnotic poison.

fyre92
fyre92

Same beautiful hypnotic poison plus licorice and slightly more tonka.

auroramaria

I like this EDP but don't love it,I find the almond is a bit too bitter on me I usually love intense and rich fragrances but this EDP has a prominent licorice note that bothers me.
For me the best Hypnotic is still the EDT creamy soft and alluring but on me it does not last more than a couple of hours whereas the EDP has better longevity.

hermyonee
hermyonee

finally back to the original hp, after years of bad reformulations, like the current hdt one, it was a good surprise to find again the intense, hot, sensual, dense fragrance i so loved and used exclusively for almost ten years. very close also to the elixir version who was unfortunately just a limited version discontinued. i.ll surely buy this HP edp version soon.

Of all the reincarnations of Hypnotic Poison this one is by far the best, at least in my opinion. The original EDT never suited me nor my skin. It always smelt salty, a little bit like play-doh when in contact with my skin chemistry.

This newer flanker, the Eau de Parfum suits me to a tee. There is a lot less licorice and softer, more powdery almonds in this composition. Admittedly this is everything I had hoped the original to be.

I adore the new packaging and I can only hope that this flanker will last a lot longer than its predecessors on the shelves. I need Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum in my life, especially seeing that we've just entered the colder months here in Australia to which this fragrance is so well suited.

It is such a divine creamy and somewhat powdery take on vanilla. It's more sophisticated and sensual in character than some of the other immature sugar based vanillas on the market today. I aim to acquire a bottle to add to my collection before Winter is done.

For me personally Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum is my go-to date night fragrance. With a new man in my life, I cannot wait to create new memories with this scent in mind.

Mona-Jo
Mona-Jo

I don't like the Sensuelle or the Secrete. I loved the original EDT when it first came out. Now I'm waitting to try this, the EDP.

Edit: My beauty arrived. I sense licoricey vanilla, boozy almond with some Jasmine. This is far better than the current EDT. I'll buy a back up of this.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Hypnotic Poison EDP by Christian Dior is so cozy! This is definitely stronger than the original EDT, but the notes that are amplified are the licorice and vanilla making this very gourmand. I think they should have included a little more of the fruity and powdery notes of the original EDT because that was such a well blended scent that developed beautifully over time. As I have gotten older I enjoy floral fragrances much more than sugary, cupcake, vanilla, food scents but still appreciate the ones that are really well done. I am looking forward to fall when the weather gets cooler. I think this fragrance will be perfect for sweater weather!

Douceamere
Douceamere

The EDP smells nothing like the EDT to me, unfortunately. The EDP is incredibly sugary (yes, it's yet another ethyl maltol bomb) and one-dimensional. I tried to look for the Hypnotic Poison DNA in EDP, but all the interesting bittersweetness of the EDT has been buried by the ethyl maltol in the EDP.

fabirss
fabirss

On my skin Hypnotic Poison EDP smells pretty much like the EDT, only with less almond. Licorice and tonka bean are pretty strong in both versions (because of my skin chemistry, maybe), and for this reason the fragrance is a like, but not a love. Sillage is heavy, as well as longevity.

nathanlm
nathanlm

I was looking for a Valentines gift for my gf, so I came up with Miss Dior Le Parfum and this. I went with Miss Dior but the supplier was out of stock and I told them Hypnotic Poison EDP was my 2ND choice so they sent it.
Wow what a good choice that was, she loves it but I think I love it more cos all I wana do is have sex when I smell this (which we did as soon as she opened it n took a spritz). But now I can't even go shopping with her without keeping my composure.
Very sexy dark n sultry.
Lovely bottle design to, that's what made it one of my choices in the first place.
Reminds me of the female equivalent to Fahrenheit Le Parfum.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

So much better than the original. I don't smell the notorious root beer note that I actually got from HP, plus I hated the tuberose in it. This version is still too much for me, but way better. Definitely a sultry night scent.
P.S. The bottle is much more charming too.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

The opening almond hit is lovely. The deep dark bottle is very beautiful. Its rich, boozy vanilla licorice atmosphere is beautiful. The white flowers don't come through enough so in the middle you have a odd scented heart note that is more odd than pleasing. Once that passes the dry down is long lasting and rich.

This is an instance where the lack of notes hurts this concept and formulation. I wish the heart notes were more enriched and varied to lead into the drydown and make this perfume, which it is good..could have been an iconic stunner if Dior world have sprang for more complexity.

I think I'll be layering this to add more richness to the new reformulated EDT.

Germany
Germany

Much sweeter and more perfumy than the EDT ! Beautiful though , strong liquerish and vanilla notes , definitely strongly related to EDT but some of the characteristics like the play dough smell are not present. Tonka playes a strong role here too and the typical jasmine keeps this from being too dark and heavy.

Careful not to overspray. It' gets smoky and suffocating if sprayed too much.
Love this. But prefer the EDT

blake.lee
blake.lee

Rootbeer, licorice, campfire, bitter almond and vanilla. Doesn't smell much like the original HP. This EDP is more bitter, darker and really smoky. The floral notes are subtle.

123velvetrose
123velvetrose

This is amazing!! Very dark, sexy and elegant!! I smell liquorice, vanilla and powder. Theese notes are very prominent to me. On the same vibe of Lolita limpicka but much darker and gourmandish. LOVE!!

Antares811

I have changed my mind about this scent. I didn't appreciate it at first because I could detect only alcohol and licorice. Then I tried it again and I have to say, though I prefer more flowery scents, it's a dark, sweet, warm, feminine, sultry fragrance.
The vanilla-tonka-licorice notes are more prominent than the white flowers.
Beautiful, much better than the reformulated EDT.

narcozia
narcozia

This is amazing! I'm so happy I invested in buying it. I think I prefer it to the original Hypnotic Poison EDT, but it's hard to decide since I love them both. The EDT just reminds me of a girl I went to college with, while this one is all mine. I've never met another person who wears this perfume on a daily basis.
The licorice and almond opening is intriguing, it definitely got me hooked from the very first sniff. It somehow manages to be bitter and insanely sweet at the same time. It's magical and sexy - you feel enchanted, maybe even transported to another world, but you're also realizing your own seductive powers. This is a perfume fitting for a fairy tale villain!
When there are both floral and gourmand notes in a fragrance, I rarely get the flowers, only the sweet, edible notes, but luckily Hypnotic Poison EDP is an exception. I can smell both the jasmine sambac and the orange blossom, so I'm very pleased. They are both among my favorite flowers. The middle phase is a bit masculine, but I don't mind at all. It's also very warm and animalistic.
To my nose, the drydown is just pure heaven with the intense spices and vanilla!
The sillage is enormous and the longevity is amazing. I'm sitting at a reception desk typing this and six people complimented my perfume in the last 2 hours. I can feel it on my skin for about 12 hours. On clothes and hair, it lasts for days.

Parfumdame
Parfumdame

Tried this one today at the perfumery and I love it! I love the licorice. Definitely wanna buy this one.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I love the HP EDT (I have the rubbery looking bottle, as apposed to the clear glass), and it's very interesting with all the notes.

However, I do like them dark, gourmand, spicy, vanilla, etc... and I blind bought this.

LOVE!!!! It's smoky, I get the licorice... It's still a bit powdery, it's more basic than the EDT... lacking the long list of notes, and I do think this EDP is WEAKER than the EDT... but overall, it's a win. Sooooo dark and delicious!

Less "oomph" than the EDT, this is also less cloying/potent and probably easier to wear.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

I enjoy this scent; however, I struggle with the "vibe" of Hypnotic Poison EDP though the notes present themselves clearly enough. It seems to fall right in the middle of the spectrum between "rich and sultry" and "cheap and sweet" on my skin.

The vanilla and almond in this fragrance feel deep and powdery - it reminds me of the moleskin-soft sweetness that the Hypnotic Poison EDT and Kenzo Amour possess. The licorice note adds a boozy facet and provides a blanket of subtle spice across the composition. Jasmine and orange blossom are distinct no matter how they're used, but in HP EDP they're presented with such force that they translate into a potent, syrupy, red berry concoction to my nose; I think that's what might be smelling "cheap" to me. The heart of HP EDP feels very unbalanced, as if all of those heavy notes are trying to manage themselves evenly (though unsuccessfully) on a teeter-totter.

After 1-2 hours the scent of the heavy red berries in Hypnotic Poison EDP dissipates and a soft, slightly spicy, sweet almond/vanilla scent, with only a tinge of while florals, remains. I enjoy the drydown, and it lasts for ages on skin and clothes, but I do not love it enough to buy a full bottle. Maybe it's just my skin making it so weird, but there are other sweet, rich, wintery scents that send me into a state of rapture that I'll choose instead.

nefabit
nefabit

I really love this fragrance! It is heavy, mysterious and seductive. Definitely for night, not day or work. It makes me feel like a femme fatale. It lightens up as it fades, which is different than other perfumes with lighter top notes. Makes things interesting!
I wish the longevity was better, but I have the EDT not the EDP. I'm sure the Parfum lasts longer.

YunitaArien
YunitaArien

Hypnotic poison EDT has been my signature scent lately and I want it to be my signature scent for the rest of my life. However, so many people are wearing it. So I come across this EDP version and bought 9ml from a decant perfume website, crescent perfume. I tested it for a good period of time and now I have to buy a bottle of it! Its expensive but worth the money. Its unisex and very good quality that you only need 1-2 sprays for the entire 10-12 hours but of course it depends on everyone's own chemistry.

The smell is spicy oriental vanilla with a touch of sweetness to it. The beautiful vanilla blended excellently with sandalwood, licorice and tonka bean. Perfection in a bottle!

dvpxo
dvpxo

I absolutely simply adore this HP. There was a time a few years ago about (2012), I believe it was the older formulation that was much stronger, where I despised this scent. People had asked me if I smoked cigars! That is how strong the licorice and sandalwood came across. I just recently picked this up as I was looking for a vanilla scent (my favorite) and this is making me so happy! I believe it will be my new signature scent. It comes across creamy and sensual on my skin, almost like a vanilla custard - it is simply delicious and I cannot stop smelling myself!

Dolora Grace
Dolora Grace

I just got this today on a blind buy and man am I GLAD!!! it's perfect for me. It's smells like that store hot topic back in the day when it was cool. You walk in and smell leather and cherry incense. That's what it smells like, gothic cherry incense. Beautiful!

Krissylovesjesus
Krissylovesjesus

Hypnotic poison I will start my review off by saying I just bought this 3.4oz bottle edp,on a blind buy,I don't like this perfume at all,however my brother,son&men love it! To me it smells like a strong fruity cinnamon vibe,I don't smell vanilla,I love how it lasts like 16hours, I wish it v worked for me,so I have a brand new bottle I wish I could swap???

Italo Paz
Italo Paz

Am I in heaven? What a lovely smell! I'd rather this one than the EDT version. It's darker, baddest, self-confident and gothic. I really love this one.

arrode
arrode

Way sweeter than the original Hypnotic Poison and more suited for warmer weather (well, compared to the original!). It's definitely got a ton of sweetness and not that super heavy denseness that the original has. I think some reviews think this is heavier than the original, but I definitely don't agree and I think this one's by far more a people-pleaser if you have issue with the original being too intense. Longevity is awesome (8+ hours) and the sillage is moderate.

Asinya
Asinya

Went to try Hypnotic Poison yesterday, and was very disappointed with how watery and faint and weak it was. The girl suggested I might like this version - but did not have a tester, so it was a blind buy, and there goes my budget for the month - but I am actually really pleased.

It's sort and cozy and warm, like a favourite sweater that you curl up in on those lovely orange&red autumn days, with tea and a book. At the same time, it's a big, sensuous cat that purrs and arches its back into your hand.

In human form, then, that makes this a cozy and cuddly scent, with a semi-hidden sexy edge. I absolutely love it (and no play-doh - SO far; I'm only on my 18th hour of wearing it)

gretavivante
gretavivante

Such a disappointment =( I was hoping to replace elixir with this. It's nothing like it :'( Smells like baby powder, smells old and cheap. Now I am thinking to send it back. I had really high hopes for this fragrance. I am so mad at Dior for discontinuing HP elixir! I just don't understand WHY they had to do this! :'(

nitsa62
nitsa62

im confused now, I bought this one thinking its the one now available after the orginal was discontinued, reading posts here it sounds as though the orginal is still around, I wanted the orginal but thought it was not available anymore, can anyone let me know if it is still available, when I asked for HP at store they gave me this one, I don't think they had orginal cos tester wasn't there, can anyone bring me up to date

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

This is much darker than the other versions of Hypnotic Poison (and not nearly as floral as the HP extrait version)- it's similar to the Elixir with the licorice note, but not nearly as sweet. I really like it! It's distinctive and slightly spicy, with good sillage and very good longevity. Beautiful. Worth owning even if you already own the original or sensuelle versions.

Also - anyone know if this is discontinued now? It's not on Dior's site.... ugh.

xrayer
xrayer

Let me start by saying this is a gorgeous dark vanilla with amazing longevity. But, it's not for me. I enjoy the complexity of a fragrance as it evolves, from the top notes to the dry down and this one is the same from start to finish, which in itself is not a bad thing but to be honest, I find it just a bit boring. I much prefer the nuances of the original EDT or eau sensuelle versions.

Venusia
Venusia

Fine vanilla, seducing sandal wood, a hint of tonka beans, shy jasmine, defining licorice and absolutely dark, not cloying and full of personality sweetness, which is actually given by your own skin chemistry in combination with this poison. The smell of Venus, of Feminity herself!

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

Dark, very dark, so dark that I felt under it's spell.
Liquorice and almonds at the opening, it soon evolved into almonds with jazmine and after 40 minutes vanilla an incredibly dark and burned vanilla that seemed from another era, just think about Shalimar's vanilla.
Sexy in a very dirty and disturbing way.
Perfect for a night full of passion and carnal desire.
Not even close to the original edt, but although it has it's DNA, this Edp is a new animal on it's own.
Did I like it?
Yes, like a dark and forbidden sin that tempts you until you fall for it and let it drive your senses.

fullbottleworthy

I love this one!! I'm a fan of just about every HP out there (although I think the newer the EDTs get, the weaker they are, and Eau Secrete was a freaking JOKE) but this one actually gave me a bit of faith in Demachy to bring back some semblance of soul to HP. I think a lot of longtime fans will disagree, but IMO, this formula brings back some of the "oomph" that was missing in the last 3 or so EDT formulations (and in Eau Secrete, which like I said, sucked). This licorice-y, rich, thick, vanilla-based version harkens back to an era when HP had character. Is it the same as the ORIGINAL EDT? Well, no, but it will make you reconnect with HP in a similar fashion. It calls back to the days of the HP Elixir, which also has that prominent licorice note. Overall I am VERY pleased with this scent. And if they are indeed discontinuing it this soon after release, they have some serious issues. And bring back Midnight Poison, for goodness sake. Seriously.

Berta15
Berta15

This is pure perfection in a lovely bottle!
This is masterpiece,thank you Dior.......!
This is a beautiful spicy-vanilla scent,very lovely,cosy scent which warm up yourself in a cold days.
The vanilla is perfectly blended with jasmine,almond and licorice!The almond make it it smoky,and the tonka bean with vanilla make it sweat(not overpowering) just gorgeous.
I'm in love with this scent,it's perfect!
Love it,love it,love it!

fgamz
fgamz

This smelt way too medicinal.. It was super strong and smelt like strong alcohol or berries smell.

I don't know what's happening to dior as of lately.. But I'm not thrilled about their reformulations, discontinued Perfumes and introduced new poisons.

Musky4

I've just visited my local Dior counter at John Lewis and have been told that this is NOT being discontinued! However, given that sales assistants aren't always given the most up-to-date information, who knows what to believe?!

ForrealMe2

It just came out can it be discontinued so fast like that? That is the fastest turn over rate i have ever heard of on a product? Dior next time when you make an EDP for the Poison line we expect it to be a massive sillage monster..even tho the original EDT is a sillage monster most were expecting it to go to the extreme and would of payed big money if you had went in that route! It was a flop to not do so...Real perfume collectors can tell the quality is being less and less..we want the 80's sillage monsters back!! Once everyone knew it was not heavy and was not going to surpass the EDT nor be creamy or true to the original formulation of the EDT no one was interested.

just saying!

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

this is the best poison please dont take it away from us!!!!

rednut
rednut

This is a deep fragrance. It is not sweet on my skin. The vanilla is a 'grown up' vanilla, sophisticated - not cloying and sweet and for me is in equal amounts with the licorice with a heavy dose of Tonka bean. The almonds and florals are in the background and subtle. It does not have a huge sillage (certainly not the sillage of Poison from the 80's) but it does have excellent longevity - more than 10 hours for me and I could still smell it faintly after a shower. I'm not very keen on the EDT, it's too sweet and too much vanilla for me but this is beautiful. It's intoxicating.

Elmyra
Elmyra

No coconut????? Auw...
I should give it a try nevertheless though. I absolutely love my cult classic Hypnotic Poison

dan_d
dan_d

Definitely Unisex! It's similar to Givenchy Pi, Gaultier 2!
Very good Longevity & Sillage! Love it!

rikalin
rikalin

Got sample on eBay ( from Europe Seller ). I love licorice, almond opening with nice floral scent along with vanilla. I had EDT 7 years ago and I liked it but somewhat overwhelming for me and I sold it. This EDP still reminding me EDT vibe but softer and smoother and dry down is so beautiful. I almost order this from Amazon/ eBay but customer review for the seller scare me off. So I ordered 1 oz EDT from sephora. Everyone talking about reformation so I would like it give try EDT too. Hope EDP will be available in U.S.!!

Tara Fiouzi
Tara Fiouzi

Before reading the notes and comments I had tested this perfume on paper and I could only detect a very sophisticated vanilla on it, after reading about this masterpiece and making sure that its a long lasting perfume with good silage I bought it and boy! IT SMELLS AMAZING on my skin, I just want to suffocate myself with it! on my skin it's a mysterious almond vanilla perfume with a hint of jasmine... a perfect perfume for a person who loves perfection!
I would say it's a seductive perfume, perfect for cold winter nights... and I have to mention that you will never get tired of the smell, each time you smell it you just want more of it. just like its name a true Hypnotic poison!

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Uno dei profumi più diffusamente conosciuti, indossati, amati al mondo. Anche nella sua variante fiorita Sensuelle, esperidata Secrete, balsamica e dark Elixir, questo profumo piace, piace moltissimo.
C'è da chiedersi il perchè di questo successo mondiale...Data la piramide olfattiva, racchiude e fa sbocciare sulla pelle una splendida armonia di note altamente antidepressive, toniche dell'umore, afrodisiache... Vaniglia/liquirizia/mandorla con un tocco pungente aromatico d'anice a smorzare la dolcezza. E' come la carezza confortante di una persona che ti conosce molto bene e non ti tradirà mai perchè affidabilissima...L'unico piccolo, trascurabile neo è che è un profumo indossato da moltissime donne, facilmente riconoscibile, quindi non adatto a chi cerca l'esclusività o l'originalità.
Per me è un comfort perfume, fa sorridere in un giorno di pioggia. Non molto persistente, non supera le tre ore...Ma a questo si può ovviare con il latte corpo, ancora più intenso e hypnotic forever.
Bellissimo classico.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I've worn HP since I was a teenager, off and on, and I've always loved its rich, opulent, feminine aroma, except that in recent years it seems to have changed or at least the original changed on me - perhaps my skin chemistry. So I've been relieved to discover this version and I finally bought it yesterday - delivers me straight back to the way it once smelled on me, but perhaps even better. Less musky, it is definitely clearer to smell and wear and just beautiful all over, and it lasts and lasts, which makes it worth the money too.

This will probably always be my all time favourite fragrance. I love many for many reasons, and Poeme is a close call, but nothing beats the arrangement of this... it is perfect.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I prefer the eau de toilette because I sampled the eau de parfum thinking it would be better but it actually stinks, nasty and bitter. I would have bought the eau de parfum without trying it first under the impression it would smell stronger and better than the eau de toilette, I'm so glad I tried it first! Overall: Bitter, and headache inducing. Better to buy the eau de toilette.

scenturian
scenturian

Another masterpiece from Dior and probably the best in the poison line.
I definitely want it for myself as well since it is very well unisex.
Longevity and projection are also great.
Really hypnotizes.

Mohd93
Mohd93

I tried perfumes with Licorice from different brands such as Aquolina and Guerlain, and I must say Dior makes the most QUALITY licorice smell ever. This is not at all off-putting type of licorice. For the most part, I get a delicious, thick Vanilla + Almonds + Licorice combo, with sambac Jasmine in the background that is very similar to the Jasmine is Alien by Thierry Mugler. And let's not forgot the Tonka Beans adding darkness and thickness to it.

Since hardly anything has heavy sillage on my skin, this is no exception, the sillage for me is moderate, decent projection. But I can see this projecting better on others, and maybe better sillage. I have no complains on the longevity because it stay a long time, even after washing my hands with soap a few times I can still smell it, and it stayed on my shirt for days.

If you're looking for a combination of "dark", "sweet" and Gourmand, I suggest testing this as I find it pretty amazing and refreshing to have due to the fact that many sweet scents are more bright and fruity.

allduygu
allduygu

so wonderful.better then original one.

babydoll77
babydoll77

At first this smelled exactly like a watered down Insolence by Guerlain but now it smells very powdery with a hint of violets/sth medicinal. A smooth and expensive scent but not very earth-shattering!

Soutty123

I reviewed this earlier but I need to update it having worn this perfume on a number of occasions now.

Initially there is a slightly bitter note and I do see where the poster who mentioned sweat is coming from. At first there is a slight "dirtiness" to this scent.

I can't speak for others but on my skin the bitter and dirty notes go away within five minutes and leave me with a stronger, smokier version of the original. It's very much a night time cold weather scent but I've worn it to work a few times (in Autumn and Winter) and received compliments.

For a night out I layer it with the original EDT. I find the original EDT works better on clothes because it lasts but the EDP works much better on my skin. If I apply it to clothes then the scent never gets past the bitter top notes.

There's something mysterious and quite evocative about the EDP once it develops. I really love it.

KarlekLila
KarlekLila

I absolutely adore this. It's the epitome of the stunningly beautiful vanilla that I love so much about the original edt Hypnotic Poison, sans the strong caraway seed note that reminds a certain family member in my household of spicy Listerine mouthwash. Its deeper and richer than the current edt formulation. A stronger root beer accord melds with heavy licorice and heaps of creamy vanilla. The result is a smoky vanilla bomb with phenomenal sillage and longevity. It lasts well over 15 hours on my skin and longer on clothing; far superior to that of the current edt. In short, heaven in a bottle!

Sister of the moon
Sister of the moon

One word - GORGEOUS

tia t
tia t

Absolutely divine

Bublegum
Bublegum

I might just be very superficial, or I might have awful nose, or who knows, but I cannot really understand the difference between this, the original Hypnotic Poison and the flankers. OK I know there is a small difference, but not that much in order for me to go and buy all of them. Having told that, I like this as much as I like the original Hypnotic Poison. The vanilla/almond trademark is there along with this cough syrup essence. The longevity and sillage are also good.

prairiebellecandle
prairiebellecandle

Sickeningly sweet is what I think now. When I first encountered it, I thought it was over the top LUCIOUS, DELICIOUS and wanted to eat it with a spoon, bathe in it, and have it be my significant-perfume! But later, the cloying sweet almond was too much! It does last forever and got me MANY complements. I just couldn't stand it on me anymore.

jessora
jessora

Edited. Please see the post which is now under the correct titled perfume, "Hypnotic Poison." Thank you.

Odelia
Odelia

This is one sexy fragrance right there...that lasts for ages. I do not know what licorice tastes like (yeah, I know, weird) but if it tastes as good as it smells...I do feel that on me it's a perfect blend of vanilla and almonds(more vanilla, though) and woody notes. Very deep and mysterious though somehow comforting and cosy.

Hellita

You know what? I have to write a new/updated review for this little gem, because I must have been half asleep when I last tested the EDP version of Hypnotic Poison, or at least my taste has changed drastically since last time! At first try I thought it was boring, nothing special and maybe just a tad too heavy. I don't really know what happened, or why it didn't impress me in the first round. But when I suddenly fell in love with Hypnotic Posion EDT and bought it, I was gifted a tester of the EDP which I haven't tried on properly until today.

I have hereby been WOWed by the EDP version!
Firstly, I'm thankful that the caraway of the EDT isn't in this version, as the lack of it makes it go even better with my skin chemistry. The slight "screechyness"from caraway is not to be found in this version. At first spritz it's a bit dark and heavy with a blast of nutty vanilla, but it's an even sweeter (but more rounded) version than the EDT. It has licorice, yes, but I can't exactly recognize that particular note as it's blended so well, and I think it plays an important part in the scent itself. This is an extremely nice vanilla-tonka-almond bomb! And oh the harmony of the notes!

The sensation I get when I wear the EDP is sensual, warm, sweet and cozy, yet non sickening and feminine. IMO this is sexyness! For me it's a going out fragrance, or date night fragrance. I will for sure put this on my "next one to buy"-list.

Right now I'm wearing HP EDP on my lower chest, in the back of my neck and on my wrists + 2 spritzes of HP EDT behind my ears - and If I may say it myself, I feel that I smell like a greek, tanned, seductive goddess covered in gold dust! I sprayed myself in the morning, and now (6 hours later) I still smell warm, soft and beautiful. Longevity is excellent and I'm happy to be able to smell it on myself for a long time!

Sometimes it's wise to give a former "no-go" another chance. It's SO worth it when you realize you've had a total change of heart! Now I love both the EDT & EDP! <3

Nataja
Nataja

Smoldering,sexy,drama beauty queen,long lucious dark hair and a dress to give all men whiplash....All in this one bottle!

burakkarub
burakkarub

It is completely a different perfume when you compare with the original EDT. However it smells so warm, more mature and it is really powerfull. Longevity is amazing I just tried one spray on my arm and I felt the smell 2 days even if I had shower. The sillage is also good. It gets 9/10 from me.

suzycurlyq
suzycurlyq

I smell Dr Pepper! Yes Dr Pepper with a touch of powder.
Yuk!

mystica

This has NOTHING to do with the original Hypnotic Poison launched in 1998. It is not the eau de parfum version of the original EDT, neither does it bear ANY resemblance to the Hypnotic Poison Elixir.

That's altogether a different fragrance.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This is just WOW. For the first time in couple of months fairly new release made such an impression on me. First of all i'm grateful i can't detect any licorice here as it can spoil perfume when it's too present. The scent is intensive, warm and in my opinion very different than other versions of Hypnotic Poison. It doesn't carry plastic vanilla vibe, instead it's rich and natural smelling one. I really like this. Longevity is extraordinary on me, 11 hours and now it's just a skin scent now but still detectable.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

'Being an EDP of the original'[... strike through-re-write that... ]I was EXPECTING a stronger, longer lasting(if possible?) in some way more intense and a little moodier incarnation of the EDT which is still one of my all time favourites(like the Elixir). I did NOT want this to mirror the disappointment of the 'Sensuelle' and 'Secrete' flankers.
Sadly though, just another huge insult to the 'Hypnotic Poison' moniker which Dior should have left with the two titles that worked. It would have made more sense to have created another 'Poison' line that these latest three could sit comfortably in. Nothing really more to say because I cannot, for now, get past my huge disappointment. Dior are clutching at straws to try and deflect attention from discontinuing Midnight Poison... the fools!

(Knowing the industry I assume 'Midnight' will be re-issued for LTD status and big money!)

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

As much as i love the eau de toilette, this eau de parfum version just irritates me because it has potential but ends up smelling blah.

Here, the almond coconut playdough is replaced by a heavy licorice.
the vanilla base is sheer, but overdosed with tonka, licorice and sweetness. the jasmine and orange blossom are humming in the background. Not to say it doesnt smell good, it's ok, and sometimes borders on good, but;

This eau de parfum flaw? its so one dimensional, lacks depth, and for an eau de parfum that's "made of absolutes" really smells very un-expensive. I can tell its made of 3 or 4 notes. Almond, jasmine, licorice.. wonderful notes but here they don't shine.
Out of all perfumes i smelled, this one is the least dreamy, layered and playful. It's all so flat, laid there with no twists. The licorice is too heavy and the composition too artificially sweet.
remember how old perfumes were facetted and had several layers and nuances? This one doesn;t.
i dont get the praise reviews. And it shouldnt be called Hypnotic Poison because its so different than edt. It does have a presence but lacks sparkle.

scent: 6/10
longevity: 7/10
sillage: 7/10

SeReZhka.Ca
SeReZhka.Ca

A stunning perfume!! Much more sophisticated and a lot yummier that the EDT version. It's definitely sweeter, and it's NOT a stronger version of the EDT! I felt much less almonds and more licorice.
Lasts very long (several sprays and I smelled it wonderfully all day!).
The sillage is decent as well.

Overall, it makes you want to eat yourself as the scent is delicious!!!

[email protected]
sensuous@midnight

am I the only one to detect cinnamon in this one?

vanilla, licorice, almond, cinnamon. period.

ForrealMe2

i just got my bottle in and yeah i think as much as i love the vanilla in the EDT i think i love the new EDP more i just really like more of the deep licorice..its definately fantastic..the bottle i had before was definately a fake because this one has more of the vanilla i smelled from my sample..happy i returned that one to get this one...it has enough vanilla with the licorice but i love the licorice more in this one...plus it lasts longer...the EDT is like 1-2 hours tops this is like 4-6+ and on clothes longer...it never feels suffocating either its just right.

ForrealMe2

Update:
HP EDP is just the right depth of licorice when that is all you want..spicy licorice..love it!
I have been really liking la petite robe noire but i realized i can't over spray that one so the search began for this one. There was too much of the fizzy cherry soda/Dr Pepper notes that takes away from the licorice note sometimes that i couldn't go heavy on the spray. If i try to go heavy the fizziness is unbearable and yet i don't get enough licorice like i like and feel like there is no depth to it..more of like a summer scent then or fall. It's a wonderful fragrance and i still adore it but when i tried HP EDP on again and i realized how much it smells like LPRN and Lolita Lempicka i was thrilled because it's the best out of the 3. I realized that i could live without the others and just keep this one..its not loud with the almond vanilla like i would of liked, like the EDT,but its there and its still the best take on licorice so far without anything else really interferring..the regular EDT has the best almond vanilla with licorice i adore..so seductive it really lores people in to question what it is.. but this has much more deeper licorice and it doesn't get overwhelming like Pink Sugar can.. so you can wear this more anytime versus Pink Sugar during the fall/winter only...Lolita is too empty and can feel like very airy hair spray even and for that reason i have never been compelled enough to buy a full bottle except for L de Lolita.

Nothing compares for deep sweet sexy licorice than Hypnotic Poison EDP as far as flexability is concerned with Pink Sugar coming right behind. I know many will be disappointed because they expected more out of this one and wanted the same thick almond vanilla as the EDT but I think they didn't put more vanilla in the new EDP because it would then be the same as the very first original version..I think they are making it easier to wear and modern for the public...oh but i miss the strong perfumes of the 80-90's. Reguardless, this is still a top notch fragrance and well worth to own and all you have to do is spray a few sprays and its pretty potent and the bottle is beyond gorgeous i love that its a glossy deep blackish red! I just reordered another bottle as a mother's day gift for myself..yay me!.BTW the Hypnotic Poison line is the only fragrance that stops people dead in their tracks..i sprayed the EDT at the mall and women every where were like what is that?? I was like..WHAT!!?? Ok just for that i'm getting a bottle..and now little by little i am collecting the whole poison line..its a very special fragrance...all the Poison's are...nothing tops them in creativity and style for an affordable price.

deda147
deda147

I was eager to try this one, but I'm kind of disappointed. The opening was quite lovely; bitter, smoky liquorice with a touch of vanilla. The tonka bean and almonds give it a nice nutty, round nuance. I can't smell the jasmine at all. Whereas the opening impressed me, the drydown wasn't captivating at al: a low sillage, full bodied,smoky vanilla with a touch of the aforementioned notes. I hoped the sillage would be a lot stronger. It feels like it's missing something; it's as if you're looking at a beautiful person with no soul inside. Would rather buy the EdT (haven't smelled the vintage) or Eau Sensuelle (more emphasis on the almonds with a lovely floral background). It's just quite boring when compared to it's older sisters.
Would recommend Miss Dior Le Parfum or Addict if you would want a vanilla centered frag from the Dior house.

Update: I did a 180 on this one; after frequently sniffing my blotter, I kind of really like it. I actually cannot think of any other scent with the same bitter nuance, dry/smoky vanilla and nutty aroma. It's quite charming really. At first I stated that I couldn't smell the Jasmine/Orange blossom, but they actually give it a low hum sweetness/freshness to the overall composition, so it doesn't go all out vanilla. I must also add that it actually wouldn't benefit from a larger sillage, otherwise the wearer itself would suffocate in the rather dense scent. Longevity is great.

I guess I sampled too many fragrances that day; I attribute my negative review to the overload of scents my nose experienced at that moment. Turned into a semi love for me. In order to appreciate it, you have to sample it several times.

BillyJean
BillyJean

If you loved the Hypnotic Poison in waxy red bottle that first came out I can see why you may be disappointed. This edp opens with a strong mainstream perfume blast and settles to a spicy vanilla which is sweet but feels sugar and fat free. If you are new to Hypnotic Poison or joined the bandwagon around eau sensuelle you may be smitten. But if it was the mat waxy red apple that stole your heart years ago you may be left feeling cold about this one. The original edt is so much darker mysterious creamy and satisfying that I cannot imagine the hardcore vintage fans finding a replacement in this new edp.
It seems like HP spent too much time with Givenchy Very Irresistible. Yikes.

windhill
windhill

As a HP lover I can says it has something more than edt but still, missing something. Smell more sugared obviously and quite sticky too. Opening with menthol licorice notes which smells very similar to La Petite Robe Noire and sweet tonka that remind me of Queen by Queen Latifah. I think vanilla and tonka made a connection of these three.

I agreed with people here about dark chocolate feelings in edp. HP edt far more creamier and remind me of milk chocolate. Deeper and more complex. I can barely smells any floral notes in edp. Is all about warm vanilla and tonka bean to my nose.

While its supposed to be denser and richer. I found HP edp smells softer. less heavy almond and easier to wear than edt. Like most Dior fragrances. It last very long and projects well.

I admitted its was a let down from original HP. But I actually don't have any expectation from the start so I kind of like this one too. I love sweet vanilla and tonka bean smelling in this. Just wanted it would be less sticky and more dominant jasmine though.

Oh and there are less play-doh smelling in this version. If anyone don't like original HP you may give it a try. :)

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Tried this today, love the liquorice note but no strong or sharp enough for me. Seemed to be missing something but i can't put my finger on it. A lovely fragrance none the less. You could do a lot worse.

giorgio 223
giorgio 223

just a power bomb!!! bravo dior! sweet dark! evening time wear! lasting power and sillage good!

nawnaw2002
nawnaw2002

Well i have the hypnotic poison eau de toilette the first one which is extremly heavy sexy and the sensulle version which is sharper and really spicy
each has pros an and cons in my openion .. mostly tht both are for night wear u can,t wear whenever or wherever

the new eau de perfum is totally different.. it,s heavy but with soft feminine touch makes me want to sniff my arm every second .. feels like omg i smell really good.. loud but in a sexy classy way u can,t describe it as a loud slut perfume it,s more like an adult lady wearing a silk dress and high heels though i can wear it all day long
longivity is very suitable for me
sillage is perfect it lasts more thn 2 days and i can still smell it whenever i open my closet
i tried it days ago and it,s my new dream now

Rene007
Rene007

nothing in common between this and the other posion , totalt different perfume
i found it very similar to one of tauer perfume..i need to discover( insence rose or somthing common with carillon pour ang)
sahara noir by tom ford?
it is sour herbal perfume , i thought that there is Origanum syriacum inside..
i am totaly sure that dior doest realease all the notes that they used here
the longlasting is super long - even after i wash my hands twice

love it... !

edit: more perfume that may smell howsome the same
Apre la ondee -( gurlein) ? .Fleurs d`Ombre Violette - Menthe J? signoria ?

Hellita

EDIT/UPDATE: The comment below is an old review of my first impression of HP EDP, but I wrote a new review today. I decided to let this one stay too, because it explains how some might experience the first meeting with the EDP, and last but not least - HOW drastically first impressions can change!:

Received a tester of this yesterday and today I tried it on. It's not my kind of fragrance, but definately not bad. It's a warm vanilla to me. Very nice, but not for me to buy though. I would probably wear it 3 or 4 times but then placed it in the back of my collection collecting dust (think I would get bored of it after a while). Wouldn't mind if any of my friends wore it, because it's not bad.

byrum.tzn
byrum.tzn

Heavy, Extreme, Powerful, Bold. all words usually overused for perfumes with mediocre strength and sillage but for this perfume those words are an understatement. You definitly don't want to overspray, i recently purchased a 50ml of this eau de parfum as the original eau de toilette is my absolute favorite and has been for many years, i gave it a week to truly test it out and wow, what a week. Everytime i wore it someone would comment on it, all good though exept from my sister who told me i was violating her air space it was that strong.
the description on the box reads 'A jasmine sambac and toknka bean accord heightened by a sensual vanilla. The opulent charm of a majestic oriental.'
On initial sprits i get a strong licorice with bitter almond, very smokey and incredibly sexy, after a while i pick up vanilla, and its the most delicious vanilla i've come across in a fragrance for a very long time, very heady and strong but at the same time its warmed with the licorice and orange blossom to create the most irresistable warm smokey trail, its absolutely stunning.
I applaud dior for creating this eau de parfum its very classic and reminds me alot of how perfume's are supposed to be made, last until you bath, heady and all together hypnotic!
How this differs from the eau de toilette, its more rich, dark and intense, it gets stronger whereas i find the new eau de toilette gets weaker, and there's definitly no play-do smell in this. having trained for dior and worked for them last year i definitly put my trainer on the spot about the re formulations of the eau de toilette, she vociferously told me that dior would never re formulate a perfume, that it would be a violation to the consumer and they would be abliged to call it a different name if it didn't have the same formula, the lady doth protest to much? we are not stupid, we know what we smell and there's a big difference!
But dior have kind of made up for it by releasing this, my prayers have been answered and we have the perfect hypnotic poison eau de parfum we've been desperatly craving! reminds me alot of the elixir too, but i can't help feeling this beats that by a long shot, its waaaaay more intense. i hope you all enjoy this perfume as much as i will, as much as i love this eau de toilette and will continue to buy it, this is my new top priority.

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

Intoxicatingly strong, extreme lasting power ( over 12 hours ) and soooo sweet! I detect mostly licorice and vanilla plus orange blossom. I love licorice, but only for a limited amount of time, so I found this fragrance a bit overpowering.

EDIT: I could not stay away from it and I own a bottle. I absolutely love it and spray a small amount on, so that I don't get sick.

tara2013
tara2013

It is devine. I love this parfume and i jst got today.

Inche
Inche

Love this perfume and the bottle also.
I am a big fan of almost all CD perfumes.

Lily2911
Lily2911

I tried the whole Poison family : from Poison (horrible) Eau Sensuelle (just water, zero sillage) till the EDT. Nothing matched with my skin chemistry, even the beautiful edt version dissapeared after 1 hour. This EDP version is perfect for me : it is not ground breaking diifferent but due to use of wonderful absolutes of jasmin and orange blossom you get a much more " curvy ", luxurious and voluptuous character of HP which is perfect during winter times. It is a wonderful edition and although some die hards of EDT version will claim the latter is the "real" original one, which is certainly the case, the EDP´version is not a weak clone : it has a lot of personalty, maybe more creamy almond instead of that famous milky aroma and the liquorice is well measured in order to calm down the sweetness of vanilla. If you love jasmine you will adore this version. And the bottle is a real beauty !

Guest_Blimunda
Guest_Blimunda

In my opinion this is the best version of the Hypnotic Poison, but the smell is still so familiar, so, don’t expect anything revolutionary. What I personally like and respect about it is that is still baring and strong, dense and rich but it is not sickening sweet as the edt version is.

It opens almost smoky with the notes of licorice root which charmed me at the very beginning, but that smoke quickly flies away opening the road for sweet dark vanilla, rather bitter almonds and just a hint of the orange flower due to which it resembled H.P.E.S.

The overall impression: refined licorice-almond-vanilla cream, alluring, strong and sophisticated. It lasts long although it stays pretty close to the skin, at list in my case. I fell in love and I want it, not because it is ultimately interesting, but for the simple fact that I always yearned for the H.P. but it seemed messed up to me. I am happy that Dior finally found the way to make Hypnotic more wearable and, in my opinion, more sensual. It won't let down anybody.

kay0981
kay0981

Let me start off by saying that I am a complete die-hard Hypnotic Poison fan. Eau Sensuelle has been my signature ever since I bought it, and I adore the original; Eau Secrete less so, but I still appreciate its unusual take on vanilla. Therefore, as you can imagine, when I first found out about the new Eau de Parfum release, I was more excited than a kid on Christmas... I thought that I had found my new Holy Grail!

This scent, however, was a big disappointment, and it really pains me to say it. By all means, this is not an unpleasant fragrance. It's still a nice, warm composition, and it does uphold some of the Hypnotic Poison family signature. But it really does not compare to any of the previous releases. It feels a little bland, very watered-down, with just a faint trail of vanilla, licorice and dark chocolate, and not much else.. It really seems to be a trend these days for perfume companies to be releasing inferior, watered-down flankers and reformulations of their once great creations... There are some distant similarities between this and Eau Sensuelle, but the latter still blows the new formula out of the water. Eau Sensuelle is a much more intense, full-bodied, rich vanilla, whereas Eau de Parfum basically smells like a weaker version (which is really surprising since this is supposed to be an Eau de PARFUM concentration). It has a similar sort of vanilla-woodsy base as Eau Sensuelle, but instead of jasmine and orchids, it offers faint notes of tonka bean and licorice.

All of the previous Hypnotic Poison releases – the original, Eau Sensuelle and even the new Eau Secrete - are bold, fragrant, seductive and unforgettable jewels of perfumery... The new Eau de Parfum, although still quite pleasant, is just 'meh'. It doesn't last long or project well (it lasts maybe for up to an hour), and I tried it both on clothes and on skin. However, having said all that, I am still convinced that there will be many lovers of this, so please, keep an open mind, and don't let my harsh words put you off.. Just try it and judge for yourself. You may end up loving this more than the previous formulations. Unfortunately, to me, this was a big let-down from Dior...
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ....

diana_drd
diana_drd

The classic Hypnotic Poison is not in my favorites list(I much prefer the Eau Sensuelle), but at least it's a very pleasant fragrance. I got a chance to try the new EDP, and on my skin it's really bad, maybe it's the strong licorice note, but its smells like sweat, like a less warm, sweaty EDT. Makes the original seem like such a breath of fresh air, beautiful perfume :))

fighter
fighter

Ok, I am a big fan of the original Hypnotic Poison, so when I heard that this new formula came out I couldn't wait to try it.

I was fortunate enough to get two precious 5 ml miniature of this for free, so here's my review:

Overall I like this perfume, it's warm, winter time - gourmand fragrance, but there's something about it that doesn't satisfy me.
And I know what it is: it's licorice. Each perfume that I own with licorice doesn't fully get me. Even the super popular cotton candy "Pink Sugar" for me it's ruined by the licorice.

In this fume the first almond-licorice accord is too strong, sticky syrupy-sweet, and quite nauseating. Then, when this mess calms down jasmine and orange blossoms melt with the warm, comforting vanilla and tonka bean base notes so the fragrance gains points ending up nice, warm, edible.

Silage and duration are both very strong, you need just a few drops and you can smell this for hours. Seriously. But maybe I'm so surprised because I'm more use to celebrity fragrances that are renowned to have very bad projections.

Bottle: you know it, is super precious. Miniatures are adorable.

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

Love this perfume and its bottle,unfortunally i didn't have it because in my perfumery did not already put up for sale so i hope that they will put it up soon!!!
The first feeling that i heard smelling this perfume was an unminstakable sense of uncerntainty in me and at the same moment i felt the scent of mystery and sexy.
This perfume (for me) its a combination of Dita Vontees perfume and Dior Elisir perfume because certain notes are similar...sexy,misterious,adorable and very very feminine,the soft spicy give me the right rytme when i wear it in the morning and the excately energy that i need.
Lovely notes are:Almeond,licorice,orange blossom wich i love the most,i think that this perfume will be perfect too wear it in the night of autumn.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

Like so many other people, I too have had a rocky relationship with hypnotic poison -

The original = On paper it incredible...sprayed on clothes its incredible! However on my skin its pure almond and very bitter. Gutted.

Eau sensuelle = Smells incredible on my sister, who I then gave my bottle to. I am able to wear this on very cold days and have to be really in the mood for it and ever so careful with the sprays!

Eau Secret, ELIXIR and Extract - untested as yet

Eau de Parfum - Oh MY WOrd...I expected this to be WAY to much for me as its a stronger composition.

However, this is INCERDIBLE on me! I am sooo happy to find a hypnotic that works so well on me.

I went to try somethiong else as I didnt thibnk they would have this yet but saw it and had to have a test.

I sprayed this on one card and the original on another , went off to buy my intended (ended up choosing something totally different anyway!) then went home.

WELL - ALL evening I could smell this intoxicating sweetness in my dining room, drawing me in, taking my senses over...it was of course this new eau de parfum.

I tested it agaisnt the original and my goodness this is much stronger - could hardly smell the eau de toilet on the strip.

And so I rushed back the next day, sprayed on my skin and had a good shop to let it develop - then burst with excitment at how well this had gelled with me.

This is less almond and more aromatic, the licorice is actually so well blended it smells like the most divine licorice from dreams.

There is also more jasmine which I love and compliments the vanilla perfectly.

I am now on the hunt for the ELIXIR and EXTRACT! :D

I_love_perfume
I_love_perfume

I had the pleasure to sample this lovely fragrance yesterday. If you loved Hypnotic Poison Elixir you will love this new version as it has the same Licorice note and smells so yummy and divine! Perfect for evenings out or winter. Longeivty is very long lasting and silage is heavy on me. I now own this devine fragrance :)

jennifer-auugustin
jennifer-auugustin

I absolutely love this.... it smell sweet and nutty... and this is a perfume for a bold and strong woman who knows what she wants. ..

Revontuli
Revontuli

I've had a love-hate relationship with HP. The first time I tried it I fell in love. The second time I hated it (the old version). But at least there was something unique in that version and I really loved that almond note. Today I sampled the new EdP... Congrats, Dior, this is how you kill a fragrance. What happened to all the other notes in this scent? A suffocating sweet vanilla scent and nothing else.

I tried the new EDP with caution.
I'm a long-term hater of HP original nuclear sugar bomb and the reformulated version is a pity for HP's lovers but just a little relief for me. Only too much of a little relief. Eau Sensuelle is just ok and it has a beautiful opening with orange blossom.
I got used to that obnoxious smell because HP and Coco M. have been all the rage here for a few years. Anyone and their sisters had it and now it became "classic" for ladies of a certain age, too.
That said I had to try the new EDP and I felt a big relief. Yes, it's HP in another form. No more plastic vanilla that stone my head, no more oversugared almonds and bomb jasmin. As EdP it lasts longer compared to the latest EdT version, but it's more elegant, drier with woody licorice, sensual and less childish.
It's a more interesting vision of an acquired taste.

The teasing sweetish baby-lady has grown up, eventually.

nadiadncr

Finally got a response from DIOR USA and they said they don't know if will be available in US market...blah blah blah. Our only hope is an online retailer to carry it..I think everyone's reviews are very helpful. I own the HP EDT the original and I love it so I'm dying to try the edp.

Soutty123

I was expecting/hoping for a more intense version of the edt but this is not it - it's similar and yet different. It's more balmy and less almondy. The top notes have shades of Frangonard Soleil and something of Alien about them but quickly dry down to a spicier, balmier version of HP EDT. If I could only own one I would prefer the EDT version but I love owning both. For an evening out I would layer them, definitely. I think an undertone of the EDP adds a really sultry element.

For those who feel that HP is too much like playdough (not something that I personally find a drawback) the EDP is likely to hold more appeal.

Perhaps a more intense version of the EDT would not be such a good thing anyway. It is very sweet after all.

auroramaria

I finally got to test this today and I must admit I was a bit scared of disappointment, I love HP EDT even though I prefer scents in EDP concentration.
Anyway, this new version of HP did not disappoint me in the least, I find it just as sweet as the EDT but with a darker edge, I noticed it has a dry and powdery side to it that the EDT doesn't have.
After just one spritz on the back of my hand I got the most beautiful vanilla ever for about two hours or so, and the feeling I get is that this is a grown up version
(in the best possible way) of my beloved EDT.
It needs to be tested to fully capture its beauty and to see in which way it differs from the EDT, def not a blind buy.
Personally I already love it

nadiadncr

Anyone know if this will be available in US? I looked everywhere online and I can't even order because of shipping restrictions.

CozyCat
CozyCat

I disagree that this is similar to Eau Sensuelle, I dislike HP Edp, and I absolutely adore Eau Sensuelle (I'm more a creamy-floral sort of girl :).
I'm not a fan of HP EdT either, but it is better than this EdP...EdT is creamier, more gourmand (root-beer float), smells younger, and more voluptuous. This Edp is just as sweet, but darker, more dry and powdery, with a more prominent bitter-sweet licorice note, it is more mature and refined than the EdT (not necessarily in a way that would appeal to HP fans). On me, it's all about licorice, almonds, vanilla and powder, yet it does not smell foody at all, no sexual root beer float here, just extra licorice, almonds, vanilla scented talcum powder, and something dusty and bitter at the base that gives it a masculine touch. It is funny, I love the reformulation of Addict much better than the original, that one too became more powdery and 'refined'...but in the case of HP EdP versus the original EdT, I would have to say no to the EdP. It is not a bad scent all in all, I'm sure it would smell seductive on the right person, and I'm sure it will have its fans (though not too many, I predict). If I were to judge the scent on its own (without bringing up the EdT), then all I can say is that I am not a fan of licorice, and especially not this combination of sweet-dusty-licorice-almond-powder, so naturally, I very much dislike this fragrance. Sillage and longevity are both excellent though. Do not blind buy,thinking that this is a more powerful or richer version of the EdT.

Antares811

I've tried this new Eau de Parfum.
I loved so much the first Hypnotic Poison, the original 1998 Annick Menardo's EDT, it was divine and very complex. It is my favorite of the line.
The reformulated EDT is mostly almond-vanilla to my nose.
In this new EDP I can smell mostly licorice and vanilla. The drydown is warm and sweet with tonka and vanilla. Elegant and womanly.
It's a beautiful oriental floral, perfect for colder months.
I love it.

Shwets

Update after spraying edp to skin:

A lovely darker version of the current reformulated edt.

The orginal edt was more almondy.

The edp is like a rich dark chocolate scent which appeared to last long compared to the milk chocolate scent of the current edt.

I remember trying the L'Elixir years ago and that was a concentrated version of the new edp.

The new edp worked well on me and i prefer it to the current edt.
The original edt was great in terms of sillage and longetvity but it caused me severe headache. I really like the new edp as it is more intense and deep where as the current edt is shortlived on my skin and starts to smell like hot chocolate/frothy choc milkshake.

Musky4

I was excited to try this and was pleased to find it so easily at my local John Lewis and Boots stores (UK). I definitely prefer this to the original Hypnotic Poison EDT and also to the Eau Sensuelle version (unfortunately I haven't been able to find HP L'Elixir but would really like to be able to compare it to this one). Anyhow, I find this to be a more grown up, darker and sexier version of the original EDT and is much more to my taste and style than HP EDT or Sensuelle. I like this one very much but am not sure I like it enough to purchase… however if someone were to buy it for me I'm sure I'd have absolutely no trouble whatsoever wearing it! I keep getting wafts of it as I move around, which I love...

EDIT: Having worn this for a couple of days now, I've finished my samples and am really craving it! It has grown on me a lot and I am finding the fragrance quite addictive. It has a similar 'feel' to another of my favourites from Dior, Miss Dior Le Parfum... Maybe it's the sweet, rich smoky vanillary-ness. I find Hypnotic Poison EDP very feminine and sultry and have now added it to my want list. It's definitely 'me'.

meama
meama

Poison is kind of a bomb, Hypno. a nice fireworks , Hypnotic EdP is a damp squib. More specifically it was soaked in syrup. It's almost an unpleasant scent.

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

I never have owned the original version of Hypnotic Poison. I just bought the eau de parfum version a few days ago. Here it's already in the stores.
Oooooh what a perfume! Love love love this! This is such a sensual fragrance. It's sweet but not cloyingly, it's warm but not oppressive, it's sensual but not cheap.... This is for a woman in a dark red dress, loose wavy hair that walks by and everybody's watching her.
I have to admit this perfume fills a room. It's undeniably present. But you want it to be there because it smells so divine.
This a soft sweet vanilla with a oriental vibe way way way in the background. This doesn't smell like plain vanilla, like for example the yves rocher vanilla, which I like too, but they are totally different.
If you like gourmand, sweet fragrances with vanilla, I would recommend this one!!!

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I was surprised to find this already in the shops in Belgium. My first Hypnotique was the original and now I have the Eau Sensuelle version which suits me more. This Eau de parfum however is different from the other two. It has none of the cloying sweetness which bothered me from the original, it is not a stronger version which could be expected from an eau de parfum, I don't think it has more longevity or sillage but it is a more grown up version. Personally I still prefer the Eau Sensuelle for it's floral abundance!

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

I have just received this this morning. I have the original Hypnotic Poison and I have Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle and this does not smell like either of these. This is a lovely perfume that for me is stronger on the liquorice and the Tonka bean. The liquorice in this fragrance reminds me a little of Lolita Lempicka, although with the Tonka Bean and Vanilla I would describe this as Hypnotic Poison's bigger bolder and more confident sister.

Aline Ribeiro
Aline Ribeiro

Whant ?? I NEED IT!!!!

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

Somehow this version of HP feels cheaper. Perhaps its because of the way its been composed this time around, it feels a bit cloying and too sweetened-up. Its like they took direction from Beyonce's Heat with the uber-sweet, thick, caramelized jasmine. It really doesnt do the original any justice. Staying power is rather meek too. I dont know why they didnt stick with the idea of the Elixir, this one is just so uninspiring.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

Soft sillage, not terribly impressed.

In my opinion seems more like an EDT than a EDP.

Still feel the original Hypnotic Poison was the best.

AMDs44
AMDs44

Yes, please! I don't know why did it take them so long to release an edp to the market! After discontinuing HP Elixir, which I know most of us want to get our hands on, this should be up to the expectations!

PS: I don't know why everyone is mad about the voting! It's not like it actually matters! Plus, the number is really low. And you know that perfumes take a long to make... so when it's ready to be release, some stores get it earlier than others in some countries! Every time a new fragrance comes out, everyone makes a big deal out of the voting thing!

ForrealMe2

oh my i am so excited!! it will be my next purchase!! where can i buy this?

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Alex...this actually has been released and is available in stores now 1/17/2014. Some members who have tested it say that it smells more like HP Sensuelle than original formula HP.

Diamar
Diamar

So having tried it yesterday, I can say that it does stand out from the rest of the Hypnotic family. I'd say that it sounds surprisingly mature comparing to its sweet red "siblings". It feels more as an independent scent, and yet, it's too resemblant to Hypnotic family to bear its own name.

My initial impression - it has lost some of that specific Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle playful woody-vanilla flavor, although I did get a good hint of that at the beginning. As for the liquory vanilla-coconut-almondy sweetnes Dior Hypnotic Poison is known for, at first I thought it's not here at all, but the more it dries down to the base the more you recognise original Hypnotic EDT in it. Last revelation came after 12 hours of wearing it today. First hours it didn't sound much like the classic one to me, but now, that it has got right to the bottom of the base, I can see why it is named Hypnotic Poison EDP.

What makes this EDP so special is its bitterness, yes, that was a big surprise for me! You know, the kind you would find in a dark chocolate or coffee - warm, but intense. Having red the 3 note list at the back of the tester bottle I thought it's Tonka Bean, but now I see that it's Licorice to be blamed. :) I haven't felt much Jasmine in it though, in fact, I barely smelled any flowers at all!

Overall I'd say it's a very strong character perfume, long lasting, not sure yet, but the sillage seems to be rather moderate so far. The texture of it is smokey, unsettled, if you know what I mean. There is no smoke flavor, no, it's just how I visualize it - dense orb of licorice-vanilla smoke, makes you want to come closer, and at the same time you feel you must be prepared for whatever surprise comes out of there.

P.S.: BTW, there is a thread on forum with pics and some info for those who is curious.

fullbottleworthy

Omg Omg Omg When and where can I get this!? I will buy it immediately. I hope it's more like the original, and I love the licorice.

passion4fashion
passion4fashion

Oh...my...god...
I can't breathe...
YES YES!
This is the day I've longed for! a Hypnotic Poison EDP!

Shwets

This reminded me instantly of the original hypnotic poison edt in the Matt red bottle. It smells closer to that than the current reformulated edt.
I didnt get a chance to test properly on my skin but it smelt great on paper.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.