Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

J`Adore L`Or Christian Dior for women

J`Adore L`Or Christian Dior for women
dislike

J`Adore L`Or Christian Dior for women Pictures J`Adore L`Or Christian Dior for women Pictures J`Adore L`Or Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior is presenting new J`Adore L`Or, created of rose absolute and jasmine from Grasse. The fragrance arrives on the market end of October as 40ml Essence de Parfum.

The new J’Adore L Or was created by Francois Demachy of high quality ingredients which were the key factor for quality of this fragrance. 'True luxury requires the highest level of ingredients quality and creation' – says Dior. His words were the basis for the new fragrance which will represent the house of Dior perfectly with its golden nuances.

Composition of the new edition includes highest quality materials which leave rich aromas on the skin and make it gentle, silky and soft. Nuance of this golden nectar is more intense and warm, just like real gold. As guarantee of quality, Dior accentuates ingredients used in perfume and which satisfy the highest criteria. The composition encompasses Centifolia rose absolute and Grandiflorum jasmine absolute from Grasse.

Extracts of flowers of J`Adore l`Or originate from "Domaine de Manon", managed by the same family for three generations. This family has been a supplier for Dior for years and they have maintained tradition of high quality till today.

Rose petals and jasmine were hand-picked and their scent leaves an impression of a delicate floral bouquet followed by oriental notes, which give precious charm to the fragrance. The base consists of soft and warm tonka bean absolute and sensual Tahitian vanilla absolute.

Oriental flavor originates from patchouli and drops of amber and labdanum, while leaving an impression of density - as formulated by perfumer Francois Demachy.

The bottle has the same shape as the classic amphora of the house of J `Adore, with the difference in the cap which is decorated with golden threads. Modeled on the Masai necklace (John Galliano's idea), stopper that exudes luxury was created. Face of an advertising campaign is Charlize Theron, the muse of modern gold variation of the perfume, wearing a John Galliano dress. J`Adore L`Or was launched in 2010.

Jasmine Rose

Tonka Bean Vanille

French labdanum Patchouli Amber

J`Adore L`Or Fragrance Reviews

SeptemberSapphire
SeptemberSapphire

I find this perfume to be sickly sweet. Not worth the price tag!

framorena
framorena

First, it has nothing of J' adore, a part the name. Second, I can't decide if I like or love; so I guess I don' t love. Jasmine is sstrong, like rose, but I think it' s Vanilla to ruined the combo; too much, it remainds me Hypnoise di Lancome. Still, it's not so sweet lucky, so I'll give it an other chance, when weather is getting colder. Pleasant scent, afterall.

Riley33

An update to my previous review. After wearing this for a full day I realized that it was just too sweet for me. It seemed to sweeten on me as the day wore on and it's rather sweet right out of the gate! While I appreciate this can be a beautiful fragrance for some, especially if applied with a light touch. It's just not right for me.

Riley33

I bought this today. I was really surprised that I liked it so much as I do not care for the original J'adore. Upon spraying it the first time I was struck by how sweet it was....which is definitely a departure for me....but it is so creamy that it works. No sharp edges in this perfume! Very rich and warm. I would probably wear this, for me at least, as an evening scent. To be honest it will not be my signature scent, or one that I will reach for the most as if I did I think I would tire of it....but I still like it!

To answer simiqqq's question about the parabens. It's hard to tell as the ingredients all sound so mysterious! I'll try and list them here: Linalool, alpha-isomethyl, ionone, citronellol, ethylhexyl methocinnamate, hydroxycitronellal, coumarin, geraniol, limonene butyl methoxydibenzoymethane, ethylhexyl salcylate, bht, benzyl, alcohol, isoeugenol, benzyl benzoate, anise alcohol, citral, eugenol, farnesol ,ci 19140(yellow 5), ci 14700(red4) ci60730(ext. violet 2)

Hope that helps!

auroramaria
auroramaria

J'adore l'Or is one beautiful flanker to J'Adore.
In fact I think it's the best one.
It opens very floral with lush jasmine and rose then the vanilla kicks in very powerfuland makes the scent so
sweet and creamy.
The base is more amber and patchouly even though the vanilla rules in this fragrance.
Longevity is very good and so is sillage

leboblue
leboblue

If you've ever experienced this magnificent creation, you know what quality ingredients in the hands of a master perfumer can attain! For the lovers of this 'flanker' and I use that word very loosely as L'or is nothing like the original but to my wonderful surprise, Voile is a great summer version of L'or. I've been searching for something in my collection for summer and there it was, right there waiting for me to discover it's personality. L'or is rich and wonderful but Voile is it's little summer sister!!!! Yay!

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

A saleslady at a perfumery asked me how she could help me, I told her I wanted to try the new Hermes, Jour d'Hermes absolu. She sprayed it on my hand and she informed if I liked citrussy perfumes. I said that I didn't think this could qualify as a citrussy scent, but I stuck around and then I realised she was actually a hostess for the Dior stand. As I waited for the scent to settle she was determined to make a sale and lured me over to the Dior stand. There she started going on and on about the J'adore range, hand picked flowers growing in a special garden blablabla. I got very annoyed, I told her my descision to purchase a perfume would be solely based on whether I liked the perfume and not whether the flowers were hand picked or whatever. Then she had the audacity to ask me if I knew anything about perfume at all and she gave me that look, you know, like she was saying: you poor ignorant thing!
This may be a very nice perfume, I don't know, because of that b*tch I never even wanted to try it, she can put her handpicked roses where the sun don't shine!
So, this happend a week ago but it has been bugging me ever since, I just wanted this off my chest...

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

The most perfect golden juice I have ever sprayed. I really feel it deserves its own name as I find it has very little in common with the original. The rose, jasmine and vanilla are of superior quality and how they blend together is harmonious. Truly a work of art.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Racé. Elégant. Chic.
Ne se porte pas avec un jean à mon avis mais bien mieux avec un petit tailleur ou une robe élégante.
Je le trouve rond, rayonnant comme le soleil. Floral avec un soupçon d'oriental.
Sur ma peau c'est le frère jumeau de Cinéma de Saint Laurent. J'adore forcément....

Oh I really really like L'Or. I cannot even call it J'adore. Nothing in common, especially not the cheap fake fruit commercial edge that I find so irritating in J'adore. J'adore must be one of the worst fragrance with the best flankers and it's indeed confusing. Guess if you "send" someone for an "unexpected" present and you get the wrong J'adore.
J'Adore L'Or sounds good anyway ;-)
The jus is absolutely luscious and gives a luxurious vibe.
L'Or is nothing new done new.
In all its stages it reminds of some very classical type of perfume, the kind that old dames used to wear and probably someone smells so nowadays.
It opens in a slightly sour way with the notes still trying to find a way on my skin, like a little mess.
Rose and jasmin and vanilla trying to find an accord.
Then the accord happens and it's all about the most elegant rose-jasmin classic accord with a good dose or great real vanilla, not candish at all. It smells florally clean, similar in concept to the jasmin in Chanel n.5
A modern classic. It goes on like this for a long time. The sillage is not wide.
The projection in space is average, but quite close to the skin, so that you get whifs of your own perfume while you move around and any moment you think: "What's this?"
Only after more than one hour the basenotes come out and gives a sultry base, almost a little dirty, but totally balanced by the cleanliness of previous notes.
This is a good thing, otherwise the labdanum would eat all the rest.
A good job. I'm not sure it's completely worthy the pricetag but it smells much better than most commercial perfume around.

Shwets
Shwets

I smelt this at Boots today. Always i'd overlook this thinking it is similar to J'Adore.

It is undoubtedly pretty but appears to be slightly sourish on my skin though it smells lovely! That sourness is what i found with Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle.

Instantly i was reminded of Avons Rare Gold - L'Or is a obviously superior and a refined version of Rare Gold.

If i have to be more descriptive, i'd say L'Or is like J'Adore edp + fruity rose + jasmine.

Very pretty scent but it started to irritate me as the scent was strongly lingering from my sleeve - which is a good thing. But i love my fragrances to be smoother and rounded and L'Or has a slight fizziness about it.

It smells very rich but i wouldnt pay £92/40ml unless it was a HG juice,

Catt
Catt

My father bought this for me as a Christmas gift. He has pretty good taste in perfumes so I was slightly disappointed he picked a flanker of the j'adore line since the original is not one of my favorites. A week later I got around to testing it, and to my surprise, I found this to be very very good.
I was not turned off by the vanilla, and it was not too sweet as I initially feared. The flowers eventually melted into a subdued woody warmth that made me want to hug myself. This brings me back to childhood Christmases in Shangrila Hotel's coffee house in the 80s, all laughter, golden lights, tinsel, candles and warmth.
Good sillage (2 sprays). Stays close to the skin like a silk glove if you apply sparingly. Longevity so far is not too bad for the 3 hours I've had it on since it still is pretty present.

Simiqqq
Simiqqq

Please, can someone just have a look on the box for me and let me know if there are some parabens in this perfume? I can't find this info anywhere on internet and I really want to order one.

SayakaP
SayakaP

Got this luxurious bottle as a Christmas gift.
Fabulous packaging & impressive bottle, but the juice itself was a bit of disappointment.

Beautifully natural Vanilla.
Bright fruity Rose with a hint of ripe pear (Simillar to a magnificent rose bush which my friend has)
Honeyed Jasmin...
Labdanum...
I like each scent. I don't dislike the fragrance at all.
J'adore L'or is a nice, wearable perfume. She's a lady, not a diva.

This SHOULD be my kind of frag, but technically not great with me.
For some reasons, this one has poor projection on me.
It does last long, but only as a linear Amber. It's just not 'special'.

This can be because of the high temparature and high humidity (It's summer here in Australia).
I'd give this a second chance in winter.

freddinos
freddinos

Wow, now this is a truly luxurious perfume! I agree that the packaging is superb, not 'high street' at all, with a leatherette white box that holds a so beautiful bottle! As for the perfume, this is a J'adore I can personally wear. It doesn't resemble the original at all, maybe a little in the drydown. I can tell fine quality, natural ingrediants are present here. Whereas the jasmine note in the original J'adore (and many other jasmine dominating modern perfumes like Attraction,Jennifer Aniston etc etc) turns sour on my skin, here it is just fresh, a true blooming jasmine scent that brings to mind warm summer nights and starry skies... The rest of the notes are there too, but in my opinion they are just assisting in the natural jasmine accord apotheosis. Another small treasure in my expanding collection:)

Ditta70
Ditta70

I received a 1,5 ml sample of this at Harrods. I included this piece of information here because it might have something to do with my experience of this perfume, namely that upon applying it, the top had a very strange, sour, off note, which thankfully evaporated in a few minutes. I am not sure it is inherent to the perfume or the sample has been standing around for too long.

I don't know the J'Adore line, as I am not really into Dior's new offerings, so I welcomed this opportunity to test one of them.

After the unpleasantness was gone, the floral notes unfolded. I agree that the quality of ingredients used here is excellent, maybe that's the reason the composer of this scent did not embellish them much. Unfortunately however, the amber-vanilla combo, that steps in the foreground very early, made the whole thing rather commonplace and syrupy for me. Lately I am not so much into amber and very picky with vanilla. I don't complain about the vanilla here, it is lovely, creamy and rich, yet it is overloaded with amber, that makes the overall fragrance a bit cloying.

In less than an hour the florals settled to a very distant, faint hum in the background, and I was left with the slightly balsamic (labdanum) huge amber, which was pleasant but nothing special. I couldn't detect the patch at any stage of this scent, and the tonka bean was barely there.

All in all this fragrance did not strike me as original, it is not distinctive and probably very easily forgettable. There are great ambres around that offer more for less cash.

dadaisajlovic
dadaisajlovic

One of the most luxurious perfumes of all time. The luxury begins right from the package when you unwrap the satin paper. The golden bottle is so simple yet so magnificent. The bottle reminds me of a female body with an unique golden neckless. 40 ml. of the essence that is called "J'adore L'Or" is so unique, so feminine, so elegant that makes it one of the most beautiful perfumes of all time.

Kristinen
Kristinen

I adore this scent and i just cant stop smelling my wrist! The quality of it makes it feel like a second skin almost. Made of gold! Actually I slightly remember the discontinued masterpiece cristobal balenciaga whilst wearing this- but jadore lor definitely has it's own identity. Maybe it's more the way I feel when wearing it that is similar. Ahh golden happiness on a bottle either way !

Oahsa
Oahsa

اخيرا لقيته بعد عذاب..

بس وايد غالي للأسف، خذيته ب 850 درهم وحجمه 40 مل بس..

بس ريحته روعه، ريحته فانيليا فخمة مب رخيصه وريحته بعد نفس العسل الملكي..

والعطر وايد باودري وكريمي فنفس الوقت..

وريحته قوية وثابته ورشو بس رشتين لا اكثر..

انصحكم تاخذونه لانه ما بنزل مرة ثانيه حسب علمي..

Chenet
Chenet

J'adore aussi... perhaps it's the labdanum that gives this scent a peculiar aromatic...je ne sais pas quoi, It is really adorable.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

This can be just like any fragrances, with the same composition of scents, of Jasmine, Rose, Vanilla etc, these are simply 'basic' and 'common' ingredients in perfumery, yet given to the delicate hands with profound powers, the entire composition of scents become noble, majestic and of greatest value, unlike any other.

Faithful to its name, this is truly one of the most treasured, eternally cherished 'liquid gold' ever made. It is not just about having only the superior quality and the finest raw materials, it is more on how each selected ingredient is nourished, precisely blend, and later, transformed into an extraordinary fragrance for many to adore.

This alluring fragrance with opulent and sensuous floral notes, does not only speak on the use of the finest and precious raw ingredients, but also glorify Dior as truly one of the greatest makers of haute perfumerie.

J'adore L'or is a remedy offered by the house of Dior for those who lament on the demise of green-aldehydic Miss Dior, the beautifully crafted Dioressence, the revolutionary Poison, and many other Dior wonderful fragrances.

No doubt, this 40ml fragrance is relatively expensive compared to J'adore fragrance range of 75ml (Absolu), 100ml (EDP) and 125ml (EDT and Voile de Parfum) yet just remember, you are not paying for the quantity, but the outstanding quality.

Well, it is 'gold' what you pay for...

Airdna

I love, love J'adore L'Or! it's easily one of my top 5! I'm also a fan of warm, sweet floral orientals, and this one is right up my alley. It's soft and suave, not spicy or tangy, very comforting to wear.

I also have the original J'adore but don't like that one nearly as much, L'Or is very different, much warmer and woodier.

Aysu
Aysu

Very different from J'Adore so I agree with other comments that this should be marketed in a different way. Dominant vanilla, but not foody, or too oriental or chocking.. it is creamy and smooth. Bottle and packing is very good, like a niche brand, and it really makes an impression as if there is liquid gold in it. Besides flowers, I get some fruity vibe from this, like plum. Very good creation and I appreciate Dior producing this after some reformulation disasters like MDC, Addict and Poisons..

inesleoa
inesleoa

Just wonderful and perfect Revolutionary as Chanel 5 used 2 be

sanjeewani
sanjeewani

Since my dislike for the j’dore the original I was little bit afraid to try its flankers but last time when I’m sniffing perfumes in my local department store SA handed this to me and said try this ,you’ll love it. I came home with sample and sprayed it to my wrist. My first expression was” OMG it’s beautiful”. Yes it is, l’or has the most beautiful vanilla note I have sniffed so far.

I’m not good at describing notes but I’d like to say what I all got here is combination of vanilla and tonka bean in a good way. This combination creates kind of warm and sensuality to l’or. Luckily I didn't get any jasmine note here (I like jasmine but sometimes I’m little bit uncomfortable with jasmine)

This has great staying power and stays hours and hours actually more than 12 hours on my skin. Be careful with this beauty It’s a sillage bomb, one or two spay is more than enough to last all day.

PS: I’m totally in love with this perfume and bought a bottle after testing.

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

a powdery scent. love the vanilla notes of this one

jellybeantree

I re-tested this and it is so beautiful but the dry down on my skin doesn't work! I am devastated ! It turns musty and I wish my chemistry worked. I still think on the right person it can be magical and long lasting! I will go cry now..........

Pooja37

I couldn't agree more with jellybeantree... so much so that I had to come back and post once again! This is one magical perfume. I've been wearing this for over a week now and I just can't get enough.

Suffice to say 'heaven in a bottle'!

I got a second bottle - one stays on my vanity and one travels with me wherever I go. Cannot stay without it. I heard the term 'perfume-crack' before on fragrantica, but bever knew what it meant until I encounterd L'Or.

Nothing on this planet matches the beauty of this fragrance. Oh, and if I was told that I had to choose only one fragrance to take with me to a desert island for the rest of my life - this would be it!

jellybeantree

This perfume had me going crazy, I am going Monday to the store and buying it! It is beautiful and unforgettable! I haven't flashed on a perfume since Thierry Muglars Angel came out years ago! My wallet will be 105 euro's poorer but it's well worth it! I am telling you it is better than any fragrance I have tested in YEARS! QUALITY QUALITY! I can't live without it!

Pooja37

A fragrance that exudes golden warmth and bestows an aura of sunshine to the wearer.

Like most of my fellow fragranticans, I've sniffed hundreds of fragrances over the years and this one goes straight to my head and touches my heart.

With an electric floral bouquet opening that is fizzy, mesmerising and beguiling at the same time, I cannot begin to describe the beauty of the experience. Even so, some randomly strung words come to mind... sparkling champagne drunk under the molten gold of a Tuscan sunset.

Please, please, do yourself a favour and reward yourself with a whiff of this, or go one step ahead and treat yourself to the beautiful 1.3oz/ 40ml bottle that this comes in, next time you walk by a Dior counter.

Of all the perfumes on heaven and earth, this one joyously exclaims to one and all - ‘life is wonderful’.

peekaboow
peekaboow

I recently got this one, a bit surpised to find that its nothing like the original j'adore..
I pick up strong vanilla and very thin layer of rose. I don't smell any jasmine.
Very smooth creamy sweet vanilla, almost like a buttery vanilla if that makes sense.
Longevity is good, with just 1 spray on my wrist this lassts the whole night and I wake up smelling good.

Agree with some of reviews below how this one deserves its own name instead of pretending to be a member of j'adore family.
Like it, but not love.
I'll keep it anyway, because its not easy to find.

Airdna

I didn't care for the original J'Adore but the L'Or is so much better! It's warmer, sweeter, more of a cold weather fragrance, very comforting to wear. It's also elegant and sexy, kind of reminds me of Chanel Allure and Yves Rocher So Elixir, not the individual notes but the overall impression.

If you thought the original J'Adore was too light and bland, give this one a try, the amber and patchouli makes it deeper and fuller bodied, a classic oriental floral.

HUEbris
HUEbris

I like this perfume, but this is quite different to original. Vanilla Kills J'Adore and mask her face. Quite a good trick and become more beautiful appearance... but It's not flanker at all.

krishka

I read all the nice reviews abt it from you guys, went and tried it twice looking to find at least a bit of what you are describing but no avail, i think perhaps the weather (99% humidity-30C+ degrees) here is not right for it and i have to try it in cooler and dryer climate...after i spray it the whole scent collapses into a mish-mash of flowers, very sharp can't feel any tonka bean or vanilla just flower "salad"...Shall give it another go when in Europe or America... i love the original it "behaves" here...

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I bought this for my wife for her birthday.

From the bottle, to me it smells way too floral, too musky, too sweet, and just too much of everything. On her, it smells really nice. The perfume lasts for hours, and the silage is too!

You could simply follow the trail of the scent and get to your wife should you get her lost from your sight.

Great!

scentsforme
scentsforme

This is my signature sent, I get compliments all the time.
Very long lasting and sensual…:P

UPDATE: all the guys are saying wow you smell good…:P

misschic

The most gorgeous vanilla scent ever created, according to me. J'Adore L'Or is sexy and seductive.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Sometimes when I read the list of a perfume's notes I say, "What??? Am I missing?" But L'Or does exactily what it says it does.

Ultimately this is a vanilla perfume, but the (gorgeous) floral notes stand out electrically. I can't describe it any other way. White flowers and rose and a hint of fruit. The longer it wears it becomes progressively more vanilla, and tonka bean. Personally this is one of the nicest vanillas I've ever had the pleasure of wearing. It does well with only a few sprays, and has good sillage.

Wearing this perfume makes you want to stand up straight, wear your hair high on top of your head, and let yourself be known, even if you're normally demure.

Lakambini
Lakambini

The J'adores are like a clan of blonde beauties, effervescent in temperament, eternally youthful and fresh. Among them is L'Or, easily dismissed as yet another pretty face in the row of now-familiar bottles, until one actually takes the time to know her better. She is all rich yet subdued vanilla, beneath which one catches well-blended rose and jasmine. Her voice is quiet and mellow, and she cuts a charming, petite figure in comparison with her taller sisters. Her appearance belies a nascent sensuality: In spirit she is kin to a different Dior, the boozy, blowzy and delicious Addict.

CozyCat
CozyCat

It's a very nice scent, but a common one, so I'm quite disappointed. I prefer the first J'Adore, which is more refined, distinctive and unique in its composition...they don't smell anything alike. L'Or reminds me too much of the other modern oriental-vanilla fragrances like Cinema, L'Instant (which I'd recommend over L'Or) and etc, etc, etc. Powdery, floral-vanilla, feminine, sensual, heady and warm...yes, it is all that...but not distinctive enough for me.

perfumebox
perfumebox

Molten, golden luxury and sweetness in a bottle.
This bright, lush elixir straddles that ingenious middle-ground right between Floral, 0riental, and Gourmand beautifully, and is the type of scent you buy "not for women, but goddesses".

I'm most impressed that the fresh, heady sweetness of the flowers still take center-stage and the sweet notes of tonka, amber, vanilla, and patchouli seem content to sit and simmer quietly, enhancing the flowers and bringing out their rich, honeyed tones without taking over or weighing them down.

Two words of caution: It's prohibitively expensive for just 40ml. And this scent is VERY concentrated so I find one spritz more than enough for most occasions. (Which is a good thing considering the price.)

Still, it's definitely one of the best presents you can present to someone really important to you, because this one is ageless, and beautiful - inside and out.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

anyone dont like this? IM LOOKING FOR THIS...hit me up if u dont like >3

Pari88
Pari88

Smokey sweet flowers. I posted up asking for some advice on finding a frag with incence notes, sweet vanilla, roses and white flowers..and guess what..I found this all by myself. I could never appreciate the original J'adore, I always found it's smell irritated me. It was the pear I really didnt like. But thankfully there is none of that in this one.
For a mature, confident, slightly head strong woman that oozes class and attitude, yes a Big Attitude.
It is still a little too strong for me, I will try it out on the cooler months. But, I can definetely see any woman, regardless of preference, wearing this out at night. Dior is one of the best when it comes to mature sweet frags.

misschic

I got a sample of this and have already told my bf I want it when we go to Europe...MMMMM

dbrii24
dbrii24

I discovered this fragrance months ago and I completely fell head over heels!! J'adore L 'Or is truly glorious. It's a divine mix of amber,vanilla and rose with a subtle hint of sweetness. The campaign ad couldn't be more spot on. It's rich, sparkling, sophisticated and striking. Grand entrance material! Love this stuff!

Miramis
Miramis

Absolutely divine! And I didn't even think I liked the J'adore perfumes! For me the blend of Jasmine, Rose and Vanilla is superb. It has got a softness to it that I like very much. I am fond of flowery oriental scents, so this perfume suits me just perfectly :-)

SAKE
SAKE

C'est une "oevre" d'un parfumier qui percepe l'Orient d'un point de vue un peu delicate+riche+elegante.
Le parfum se developpe comme une nuage, pas agressive, pleine du chaleur - c'est TRES BEAU!
Fragrance - 7,5/10
Power - 8/10, mais tres dependant du pH du chaque homme
Final Note - 7,5/10 - tres elegante

JulieDiva
JulieDiva

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance!!!!

It lasts a long time, and has such a warm, sexy smell. Just beautiful.

Pbeschi
Pbeschi

Nothing special for 2 euros/ml.Lasting power: weak. Sillage: close to zero.

SheShe
SheShe

I like it but it isn't 100% "me". Actually maybe in about 50% ;)
This is a rich, gold fragrance. Very gold. Becomes sour in the drydown but in a pleasant way. I'm not a particular fan of Dior but this one is really well done and memorable. Nice French labdanum makes it interesting.
Rich, elegant and golden oriental, feminine and uplifting.

allpur
allpur

A near-to-perfection fragrance. Very rich and voluptuous. Simply suits the name given, really. I've been using it very sparingly since it is very expensive and not so easy to find. The Dior counter in my town didn't have it at the time i wanted to buy this fragrance. Only when i asked them to personally order it for me, J'adore L'or is now available at that particular counter ever since.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I love this fragrance - it is very pretty while not being overly frou frou. The dry down - which takes a few hours to come to - smells JUST like JPG Classique. Overall, great sillage and longevity. 10/10.

Fizzy
Fizzy

The concentration essence parfum is all about figues and vanilla for my nose, heavenly beautiful, sweet and exotic - the best scent I can imagine for a black woman. There is no evidence for jasmine for me, even if listed here.
I smelled it on a blond haired woman - it did not fit to her.

Nikitha
Nikitha

I did not find it as exquisite as the Regular J'adore. If anything it smells almost the same except a little less refined. Really Beautiful Bottle though. The sales lady told me that in a given day a person only makes 4 bottles a day, as the winding of the thread takes that much time...or something along the lines...not sure why
Pretty bottle though : ) and not bad a fragrance either

mediterranean
mediterranean

I have always loved the idea of J´adore but not the perfume itself. There was this sour note of pear I dislike so much,and it stopped me from buying it. But J´adore L´Or is all I expected it to be,golden,luxurious,rich,inspiring.
It is not an everyday scent,but wear it to the opera, to a concert,and whenever you want to feel like the ice gold queen.

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

from

just love love love this lor frm jadore.

a true luxurious masterpiece frm dior .

my fav

L'Homme Vert
L'Homme Vert

I adore the original J'adore from '1999' especially in the pure parfum concentration, high quality florals counter balanced with exotic woods & white muscs, Calice Becker's now classic masterpiece. Only natural that I should sample this latest offering from Dior and I'm so very glad to report that "YES" it does contain beautiful flowers having bloomed in Grasse along with vanilla from Tahitian orchids, Tonka bean extract, labdanum and oil of 'Java' Patchouli.
The opening in L'Or is unusually aldehydic for a 'Dior' fragrance, this is followed by a tooth achingly, volatile, protracted dry down & with a force I have seldom experienced in modern perfumery. L'Or is almost 'Chanel-esque' in both presentation & formulaic floralcy. After this initial stage of what seems like a pink cotton-candy on steroids effect the wearer is rewarded with a slightly less sweet yet solidly beating heart of Mai Rose, Jasmine & Vanilla. The essence de parfum is contained within a slight variation of the classic J'adore flacon, an enduring design of superb crystalline elegance, all aspects regarding the precious parfum and it's presentation exhibit absolute sheer luxury. Moderate to high silage with a tenacious and relatively linear dry down that is totally *AWESOME* lasting between 8-10 hours on skin. The Grasse jasmine seemed to predominate for me more than the Mai rose and both absolutes are of exceptional quality as expected, truly exquisite !
I still prefer the original with it's silky touches of subtle verdancy due to the inclusion of Chinese magnolia, violet leaf & ylang ylang from the Comoros Isles.
J'adore L'Or is a definite for those 'GLAM' nights out & special/formal occasions.
The zenith of 'Haute Parfumerie'
Merci, Monsieur Demachy.....

Arome Sara
Arome Sara

I love this is heavy, sweet, oriental, warm is similar toFlower by Kenzo Essentielle Kenzo. Long lastig.

iafar
iafar

i lovet this very chic famenen . i hope will be available in eau de parfum 100 ml
2 be generst when i spray insted of carful us.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

We kissed until breathless. Caressed and finessed a beauty in a floral dress. Taken I was, by her benevolence. Sparkling elegance and alluring essence. Making love on the shore of a deserted beach, she reeked of exotic roses and golden vanilla. Subtle fruits and fine bouquets. Who needs wine when one smells this way? J'adore L'or; a flawless romance.

fintiflushka
fintiflushka

This version is very warm, you feel a real expensive lady in it. For a woman with a good taste. In the beginning, it reminds me of Kenzo flower, with it's special rose and jasmine mixed together. However, very quickly it smells almost similar to Cinema and has something in common with Very Irresistible l'intense to my nose, when it dries down. My friend sais, it reminds her a lipstick, but if so, a pricy and unique one.

Pinni
Pinni

Nicest one of the J'Adore fragrances. A little bit too much vanilla for my taste. Too powdery sweet. I think I'd get the same feeling as after eating too much sweets if I wore it the whole day. Wouldn't mind smelling it on someone else tho.

Very pricey! If you want to feel expencive, wear this.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I love this- it is a heavy, sweet oriental floral. Smells expensive (and it is!). It would be a lovely perfume for a winter day special occasion, or an evening fragrance for a romatic dinner.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

L’or clearly stands out among J’adore flankers and I like it most. A gourmet offering with intoxicating facets, it doesn’t really exploit the famous sparkling J’adore theme but envelops with warmer liquid gold shimmery feeling. Slightly more heavily textured but not really heavy, this delicious blend is like an equalizer between the light style of the first J’adore and warmth of tonka bean - vanilla florientals. Possibly devoid of striking originality, it mesmerizes with understated enticing luxury aura, noble classic beauty whereas all notes are in complete harmony, arranged with great finesse. For myself I would call it J'adore Oriental L'Instant Magique (as Guerlain L'Instant Magigue sounds great on others, alas not on me, and L'or gives me similar delight, but this time on myself, and by comparing it to L'Instant Magigue, I mean the same shimmery style only).

As for other J'adore flankers, I have to admit that L’ Absolu didn’t particularly impress me – it’s pretty similar to the original J’adore; Cologne Florale is gorgeously fragile feminity, a good summertime option with neroli = orange blossom like in M Moi by Mauboussin; and finally L’or, in my opinion, is the most successful attempt to break up an otherwise boring commonplace (due to its over-popularity) scent. And all three flankers are signed by Francois Demachy.

So, even if you never felt like getting yourself a J’adore but crave for seductive yet refined elixir, that might be it.

P.S. It just struck me that Francois Demachy here is like mature Sergei Rachmaninoff with, let’s say, The Third Piano Concerto. At the beginning of J’adore flanker races his style showed the influence of “Tchaikovsky” – meaning Calice Becker, the creator of the original J’adore but with L’or, Demachy, “leaning towards sumptuous harmonies”, created a new original genius layer on classic foundation.

P.P.S. Hit the spot - Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is created by the same master!

I'm a bit confused at all these J'adore. They all smell very different and I like them all, but not the original! That one is freaky to my nose and I can't wear it, not even smell it too close.
J'adore L'Or is different. It smells so thick and luscious in the beginning with white flowers. It's a very beautiful rich floral and I love both rose and jasmin. After a while it becomes sweeter and sweeter. maybe a little too much, like candies and trucks of vanilla with feve tonka tamed down, not so powder house. The drydown is enticing and I'm glad that patchouli is not overwhelming.
Lasting power is very good but sillage is moderate.
The only minus is a lack f complexity and nuances and layers, but it's a good scent anyway.
I tested it one day on my skin and went around smelling my wrist. Too bad my friends didn't appreciate so much as me.

bergamot
bergamot

Dislike the original love this one. A little bit simple but very elegant ingrediants.

I'm not sure what made me test this fragrance, seeming that I'm not a fan of the original, however since having experienced this fragrance on the skin, J'Adore L'Or (or Essence de Parfum), is hardly anything like the original, and therefore far more pleasing to my nose.

This fragrance is quite a rich, syrupy white floral. It is golden and bold in its nature, and it seems to be far more elegant than the EDP version of J'Adore, at least in my opinion. It focuses primarily upon jasmine and rose, distilled directly from Dior's fields in Grasse. This fragrance isn't however your typical, soft white floral, because it is in fact quite complex and strong.

Smelling this fragrance actually reminds me of those big, loud and classic fragrances of the 70's and 80's. The richness is rather shocking and sensual at the same time. The fruity nuances usually found in J'Adore are missing in this particular composition, and in its place are thick and heady vanilla notes and resinous amber.

J'Adore L'Or of course demands your attention as a powerful scent and one that speaks of sophistication and elegance. Apparently it is an exclusive fragrance, yet I have managed to find it in quite a few small stores in my area.

The lasting strength is very impressive, however this is a fragrance that relies upon skin chemistry to work. Unfortunately towards the heart, J'Adore L'Or turned sour and rather chemical on my skin which was a huge let-down.

All in all, this fragrance doesn't feel like a flanker to me. I think it deserves another name entirely because I doubt that J'Adore lovers will appreciate this new release.

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

strong "Kenzo flower " ....

la bain by caron also very similar

very good !!! and the bottle is much more beutiful then the original jadore.....

Minnija
Minnija

really pricy :D But really good :)

zsazsa
zsazsa

Gorgeous, lovely and feminine. It reminds of the sun's golden rays, warm and pure.The rose and jasmin really stand out in a such a smooth and pure way. I didn't care much for the original. I had it but ended up giving it away. Not my style. However, I do love the smell of it on other people. This one reminds me a little bit of Chanel Eau Premiere, but without the aldehydes and in a much mure concentrated form. The longevity is great. I love it.

melia
melia

Absolutely georgeous..! It's feminine (womanlike), creamy, seductive... Like a white blooming flower during nighttime. At first it reminded me slightly of lalique le parfum, and I was really afraid it would get so cloying and nauseating too. But no! It gets sweet, fresh and floral (this sounds very teeny but it's not!) with a cream undertone. In lalique le parfum that cream undertone is the one trying really hard to sweeten everything up. But here everything is so well balanced and all notes provide togheter to this mild comfortable sweetness they all have from themselves. Though I really like the fact that it starts kind of humble, and gets fresher and more persistent along the way. Really like a flower which is going to bloom. Not trashy, well balanced... Yes I love it... More than the original!

ps: I think Charlize Theron is a very good chosen representative of J'adore...

querelle
querelle

This new J'adore is excellent! It's absolutely epitomizing the New Femininity and it is, a piece of work which shows the skills of a great perfumer. Women, don't have any second thought about it, just get it!

krishka

Very nice and soft ...i like it but smells familiar ..reminds me of Coco Madmoiselle and also of another perfume but can't figure out which yet...it is maddening the name is on the tip of my tongue but can't spit it out...will update!

Aphrobaby
Aphrobaby

The bottle is gorgeous! The fragrance itself is intoxicating in warm deliciousness and sharp freshness. I must admit it is a bit more intense than Dior J'adore, at least it is to my senses anyway. I also think that there is a bit more sweetness added if not more to this one when compared to J'adore. Buying it tomorrow after thinking about it for 24 hrs (my new rule now. Perfect gift for Christmas! I think Iam going to pick up a bottle or gift set of this one for my mom later on for Christmas as well.

vertigo
vertigo

It's nothing special.
And I must say I didn't expect a miracle, I only like J'Adore L'Absolu from this collection.
The scent is a very simple oriental floral, with rich sweet flowers on a warm base - and still reminds the original.
In my opinion, there are dozens of perfumes similar in character to this.

I didn't smell patchouli. Pity, because it could save this one for me.
Easily forgettable.
And so expensive!

The sillage and longevity is very good.
But it's an Essence de Parfum, isn't it.

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

This perfume and the bottle it is in is absolutely magnificent - can't wait to try it. Sounds absolutely briliantly luxurious and sensual.Love the original J'Adore but with the new formula should this one should be divine. Christmas is coming and I will be putting this one on my Christmas List for sure!

J`Adore L`Or by Christian Dior 4.32 out of 5 based on 464 ratings and 77 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior J`Adore L`Or fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior J`Adore L`Or, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify J`Adore L`Or by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of J`Adore L`Or by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.