Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

dislike

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Cologne Royale Christian Dior for women and men Pictures

Dior launches a new exclusive collection of ten perfumes named La Collection Couturier Parfumeur in 2010., signed by the perfumer Francois Demachy. The collection illustrates the life of the founder - the famous Christian Dior.

The collection consists of re editions of three male fragrances: Eau Noire, Bois d'Argent and Ambre Nuit, and seven new ones: Mitzah, Vetiver, Granville, Leather Oud, New Look 1947, Cologne Royale and Milly-la-Foret. Vetiver and Leather Oud are masculine perfumes; Cologne Royale is suitable for both genders, while the rest are intended for the ladies.

Cologne Royale, inspired by traditional fragrant colognes, is a scent of citruses, neroli and white musk. Francois Demachy says that "Cologne is the ultimate challenge in perfumery, because it follows the strictest style codes. It is impossible to cheat. The olfactory signature must be clear and immediately recognizable. The quality of the fragrance is entirely dependent on the quality of the ingredients used, citrus ingredients in particular. So, of course, I sought out the most fragrant notes I could find."

The fragrances from Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur are available in bottles of 125 ml, 225 ml and 450 ml.

Citruses Neroli Musk

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Cologne Royale Fragrance Reviews

matty64
matty64

Lanier, I love your story of the shattered perfume bottle of Marie Antoinette. Did you have to do any jail time? Just joking, I'm curious though...Does CR smell anything similar to Aqua Di Parmas' colonia assoluta? I was just trying to assimilate a description of CR to any fragrance that I already have. Thanks for help, I trust your nose because I've read many of your posts. ~Matty64~

Medugal
Medugal

The Fragrance Notes on this one are completely wrong- the note list from the Dior website are Bergamot, Mint, and Sandalwood, though undoubtably there is an unmentioned Neroli heartnote.

I bought a few samples of Cologne Royale and quickly went through them before plopping down over $200 on a 4.2oz bottle.

Cologne Royale opens with a beautiful Bergamot/ Lemon note mixed with a strong Mint that dominates the fragrance. The citrus notes fade and some Neroli comes in, which together with the Mint creates an almost perfect Grass scent, like a sunny meadow.

The Sandalwood is completely nonexistant.

An instant mood enhancer, Cologne Royale is a top-of-the-line cologne that is best used during the hot summer months, because longevity is an issue.

I wore this on a summer day where my car broke down and I had to walk from the mechanics home, and despite the bad day I was having all I could smell on my walk home was tranquil Bergamot/MINT/Neroli, so I was feeling great!

Saloei

A masculine scent. I get a light neroli with a smokey scent. I'm enjoying this one!

Saloei

This is a mellow neroli scent. The neroli isn't in your face but its there. I enjoy this perfume. When I get tired of heavy scents I reach for this perfume. Very smooth neroli with a soft citrus dry down. This perfume is perfect for hot, humid days. I've read complaints of a short lived scent but I experience differently. Heat turns this one back on.

yvashche
yvashche

It's a cologne. It smells like citrus. Next...

Cologne Royale is one of the most interesting citrus fragrances I've ever sniffed. Somehow for a citrus based fragrance it's not at all sharp and gives me something new that I've not come across before, just as I thought I would never be wowed by a niche citrus ever again.
The reason I mention the niche factor is because (rightly or wrongly some might think) I can't always justify the expenditure as there's something inherently cheap about citrus scents to my perception.
This however is magic to me...really good the mixture of mint freshness and a slight green and floral element which is perfectly realised. Something about this feels old but not dated like something gentlemen would use throughout history...and apparently that was the intention.
Not a typical bergamot or lemon/lime scent it's so perfectly blended that for me a new accord is created, at least something I've never come across it's unlike other neroli/citrus or fruity musks I've tried, Cologne Royal smells really great!
I can't say about longevity without giving it a proper trial but I was assured that it's 'cologne' in name only and is EDP concentration.
I instantly liked this fragrance and after a few more tries I might even add it to my collection a perfect summer juice. This is providing it has good longevity to justify the price.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Cologne Royale has such a glorious citrus and minty fresh smell.Let the initial natural freshness wash all over you and take it all in.The neroli is so well blended with the citrus with a soft musk base supporting this delicate fragrance.One can quite easily imagine this replicating the ideal of an 18th century perfume with minimal notes but nevertheless crafted with Dior's usual care and expertise.
Unfortunately this is where the love affair ends for me.
Dior asks a premium for this well crafted cologne which stands alongside the EDP masterpieces of La Privee Collection including the likes of Leather Oud,Oud Ispahan and Bois D'Argent.Maybe if the asking price was closer to AUD $100 instead of AUD $305 for 125 ml it would get more love and attention.
Very linear and no development and regretably a lightweight fragrance at this pricepoint and the only downer for me as far as La Privee is concerned :(

kazewayz
kazewayz

Neutral, not too loud in your face scent. Nice for summer or spring. This can be blended with heavier scent frmo this collection such as "Ambre Nuit" blends beautifully. This is one is fresh, citrusy, clean, crispy, and a bit floral. Wish it lasted longer on my skin. Try it.

LANIER
LANIER

“It looks just like our Petit Trianon back home.” I said as I took photos of my friend William in the tiny and cramped gate house framing him against the little window through which could be seen the private diminutive palace of Marie Antoinette.

“But it is the real thing.” He said. “Ours in San Francisco is a pale copy.”

It was our last day in France and we had saved Versailles for our finale immersion in all things French. The palace was magnificent, the gardens sublime. No more so than off the main paths that lead away from the Grand Canal to the Grand and the Petit Trianon and the Hameau de la Reine. The further away from the grand Château we walked the less we saw of others touring the grounds. By the time we reached the little palace we were quite alone. The planned wildness of the gardens had captured my imagination and I could almost believe that around the next box hedge I would find a small group of courtiers from the court of The Sun King. What magic it all seemed to possess, a sad haunted magic in the end.

A soft mist was falling from the grege colored April sky as we walked into the entrance of the intimate little hideaway of the Queen. As we passed from room to room we could feel the presence of something extraordinary. The furnishings were all put back in place as they had been before the Revolution. The only light in the rooms came from the French windows giving each room the softness of a watercolor in blues and silvers.

I stood at the window of the dining room looking out over a small formal garden feeling so peaceful and a little at home.

“OH Harry just look at this room! It’s just like Sylvia and Oscar’s dinning room in Oyster Bay!” Her voice could crack open the lost tomb of Alexander the Great. I turned to see her sweep into the room overdressed, painted, pulled and plumped. She ran her hand along the edge of the dinning table and then picked up a plate. “I have to find this exact pattern when we get back home.” She flipped the plate over to inspect the bottom.

Her private guide was paled by her snatching up of the priceless porcelain. “Please Madame you must not touch. These are priceless museum pieces.” She ignored him as she tossed her teased dyed Titian tresses and grabbed her ancient husband by the arm and squeezed it till he winced. “We just have to recreate this room in the new house. I want it to be better than Sylvia’s. I want it to be better than even this!’ She whipped out a camera from her YSL bag and backed up into an 18th century cabinet taller than she was and set it rocking.

“Madame Please! We must move on now.” The poor guide whimpered. Harry gave him a nasty look. When she was quite finished she swept past William and I as if we were just dusty window treatments that she was most definitely not impressed with.

I looked at my friend horrified and embarrassed by this woman from my country who felt so entitled that she had no respect or appreciation of where she was or what she was really seeing.

“That woman was a pig!” I said.

“I bet she yells at Parisians in English thinking they will understand her.” William said.

Then I saw it. The cabinet she had bumped into had pressed up against the wall and and had left a crack in it.

“She broke the wall!”

We went over to investigate. “No she didn’t” William said. “It’s a hidden compartment in the wall. When she bumped into the cabinet it must have hit the trigger on the wall. See it’s right here and…Look!”

We both leaned in at the same time and hit our heads together. Neither of us felt the bump.

“What do you see?” The rain was coming down really hard outside and made it so dark in the room that I couldn't see anything in the cubby hole.

“Wonderful things…” He whispered as if it was King Tutankhamen’s tomb and he was Howard Carter.

It all came into focus. There was a black silk fan covered in dust and cobwebs, some coins, an old parchment letter with the wax seal broken and a small bottle of perfume.

I reached for the bottle.

“Don’t touch it!” My friend cautioned but it was already in hand.

I read the faded writing on the perfume label, “Cologne Royale” I whispered. “It is a bottle of Cologne Royale. What does the letter say?”

He gingerly opened the ancient manuscript and part of the edges fell away. “It’s in French I can’t read it. But it is addressed to ‘Votre Majesté Royale and signed Hans Axel Von Fersen.’ Open the bottle … what does it smell like?”

It pulled at the sealed stopper but to no avail. There were voices coming now from the next room. “I can’t get it open!”

“Someone is coming! Put it back!” He shoved the letter back into its tomb.

“No I want to smell it.” He tried to take the perfume away from me and in the struggle it fell to the floor and shattered.

That is how we ended our vacation in France, Two loud ugly Americans explaining to the French police how we found the lost treasures of Le Petit Trianon and destroyed forever the only bottle of perfume owned by Marie Antoinette.

*************************************************

Cologne Royale la Collection Privée by Christian Dior is a modern elegant take on the classic 18th century Eau de Cologne. In fact inspired by just such colognes, it is delicate and beautiful in the way the best colognes are. One is reminded of No. 4711 eau de Cologne which as been in production since 1790 or of Santa Maria Novella Acqua de Colonia which was created for Catherine Di Medici, Queen of France. There is a long and colorful history of smelling good in Paris and what better way to celebrate the history of that tradition than with a classic royal cologne from the house of Dior.

Perfumer Francois Demachy has chosen the most wonderful blend of citrus, neroli and musk to bring a vision of the glory days of powdered wigs and scented fans to life. But it is not stuffy or old fashioned in the least. For in choosing a strictly narrow style of the eau de cologne Demachy has somehow managed to breathe new life into an old form. It is the perfect after bath refreshment and a wonderful base on which to layer a more substantial fragrance for later in the day or evening. It is more refreshing than merely “Fresh”.

Like all eau de colognes the projection and longevity are short lived thus making Cologne Royale the ultimate in a luxury fragrance. One must be extravagant and rather caviler to wear Royale at about, at the very most three hours and such a price. But if you are of the let them eat cake mindset then why not indulge in a bottle of Cologne Royale. What a lovely couture fragrance for the Comte or Comtesse in every perfume lover.

Madame le peuple puent. Laissez-les se baigner dans parfum!

COLOGNE ROYALE FOUR GOLD STARS ****

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

CR is a citrus-based fragrance that's breezy, crisp, bright, refreshing, and light while still holding an air of high class and elegance.

I use CR to decompress my nose. Sometimes I get tired of wearing my regular fragrances all the time and feel like wearing something on the lighter side that lasts me a short time, while still feeling elegant, just to give myself a break from the heavier more regular fragrances. CR fits the bill.

I find this fragrance perfect to wear after a shower, before going to bed (you don't have to shower in the morning to take it off), or during the searing sun of summer. CR is perfect to wear in the climate of Florida and the Caribbean, where I spend most of my time.

skysongz
skysongz

Cologne Royale was delicate and beautiful on paper, with a bright bergamot top note and the freshness of mint.

I'm not sure about it's lasting power though, and if you're looking for something to be your 'signature' it may lack uniqueness.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Hello Acqua di Gio and Allure Homme Sport! Lame...

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Quality! Cystal clear. Crisp and fresh. Right amount of sweet and sour. Enough floral. Beautifully uplifting.

Very linear and "boring" as there is no development.

Guerlain's classic Cologne is still much much better!

Dior COLOGNE ROYALE is a bright and shiny clean mixed-citrus cologne. The composition has a decidedly green side, which I'd thought was basil, but perhaps they threw the green leaves of the neroli in along with the blossoms. In any case, it smells wonderful and would make a great summertime splash.

I agree with henri345que, though, that COLOGNE ROYALE does not stand out from the crowd--except for the quality of its components--which raises the question why such a creation should be found in the couturier line-up. A pristine white, just-pressed cotton blouse is smart and sharp and can even be chic, but it's not haute couture.

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Cologne Royale by Christian Dior 4.00 out of 5 based on 45 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Cologne Royale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Cologne Royale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Cologne Royale by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Cologne Royale by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.