Designers » C » Aromatic « Groups

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville Christian Dior for women
dislike

herbal
La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior launches a new exclusive collection of ten perfumes named La Collection Couturier Parfumeur in 2010., signed by the perfumer Francois Demachy. The collection illustrates the life of the founder - the famous Christian Dior.

The collection consists of re editions of three male fragrances: Eau Noire, Bois d'Argent and Ambre Nuit, and seven new ones: Mitzah, Vetiver, Granville, Leather Oud, New Look 1947, Cologne Royale and Milly-la-Foret. Vetiver and Leather Oud are masculine perfumes; Cologne Royale is suitable for both genders, while the rest are intended for the ladies.

Unusual for a women's fragrance, Granville is aromatic, sharp and crisp; the smell of wind and turbulent nature of the Normandian town where Christian Dior spent his childhood. It contains notes of mandarin, lemon, thyme, rosemary, pine needles, black pepper, sandalwood and gorse.

The fragrances from Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur are available in bottles of 125 ml, 225 ml and 450 ml.

Lemon Rosemary Thyme

Pine Tree Dyer’s Greenweed

Pepper Sandalwood Woody Notes

Blenheim Bouquet

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville Fragrance Reviews

yvashche
yvashche

Gosh, the opening is a punch in the nose. Smells exactly like my sweet lemon tree's new leaves when you rub them with your fingers: extremely bitter, green and orangey. The sharpness is overwhelming. I picture a green patch with white orange blossoms. Nothing smoky or pared down here.

fuggerone
fuggerone

green and woody ..on the same wavelenght with Creed Bois de Portugal, good duration and good sillage..maybe would expect more for its price but it is great for winter and maybe better for summer..a good scent anyway!

CDGfan
CDGfan

Honestly this reminds me exactly of Ayurvedic Tooth powder, which consists of cloves, pepper and other herbs, its intriguing but not a wearable scent. Tooo medicinal.

ssslus
ssslus

I had the opportunity to sample this one. Can't help myself, but it smells just like Eau Sauvage. At least on me. Something I imagine my grandfather would like.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I agree with review by "henri345que" and also with the "Pino Silvestre" comparison. Opening is okay but then it develops into this bitter piney, herbaceous cough syrup. Yuk!

Overall, this is a very poor offering in the rather pricey Cologne Exclusifs range by DIOR.

Connotations I have are: Medicinal, clinical, bathroom cleaners, sauna products, mouthwash, toothpaste, licorice, pharmacy, hospital.

Not a fragrance I would like to recommend, unless you are a nurse or a Birkenstock wearing vegan nurse or medical staff.

shabbus
shabbus

This one sounded like it was just for me. I have a large bottle of Bel Respiro, and use it lavishly.
I love windy, woody airy scents. And even though I anticipated a good start, the opening was still a wonderful surprise, with the citrus/vegetal whooosh. I was knocked out by the gusty airiness and herbal tones.
But then the mint/camphor started to come through, and combined with the pine has turned into some kind of industrial cleaning product on me. It's turned chemical/astringent on my skin.
I am going to leave it on for another half hour or so, but if there is no further evolution, then this one is a scrubber.

An high-end version of Pino Silvestre aimed to the ladies (well, sort of).

I've to admit the above sentence may sound disencouraging to someone but let me say Granville is terrific. It's a classy herbal/citrus with resinous undertones that opens with a sparkling lemon joined by leafy green citruses. In this phase it may somehow bring to mind of classic Eau De Cologne type of stuff but when you're just about to dismiss it because of this, pine and some culinary herbs (thyme and rosemary) join the party leading the fragrance to other territories. Slightly minty (menthol), bitter, dark green and much closer to Pino Silvestre than to an EDC.

That being said, Granville is not exactly up my alley, but if you're into bright piney fragrances this is an extremely solid option. Originally aimed to the ladies but definitely more masculine.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

A fresh and elegant English gentleman's cologne in a somewhat old fashioned way. The citrus/pine accord reminds me very much of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet.

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville by Christian Dior 3.47 out of 5 based on 53 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.