Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Milly-la-Foret Christian Dior for women

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Milly-la-Foret Christian Dior for women
dislike

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Milly-la-Foret Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior launches a new exclusive collection of ten perfumes named La Collection Couturier Parfumeur in 2010., signed by the perfumer Francois Demachy. The collection illustrates the life of the founder - the famous Christian Dior.

The collection consists of re editions of three male fragrances: Eau Noire, Bois d'Argent and Ambre Nuit, and seven new ones: Mitzah, Vetiver, Granville, Leather Oud, New Look 1947, Cologne Royale and Milly-la-Foret. Vetiver and Leather Oud are masculine perfumes; Cologne Royale is suitable for both genders, while the rest are intended for the ladies.

Milly-la-Foret is named after a small town near Paris; a town of floral gardens in which C. Dior spent considerable time with his mother. It is floral, musky and clean, like a refreshing walk in the woods.

The fragrances from Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur are available in bottles of 125 ml, 225 ml and 450 ml.

Citruses Floral Notes Musk

Jovan Musk for Men
Bouquet Imperial

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Milly-la-Foret Fragrance Reviews

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - citrus musk & florals that give me a coconut tiare flower vibe.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

gillbert
gillbert

I love the scent very much.Really close to Chanel N˚19 Poudre'. Milly-la-Foret is softer and lighter than Chanel N˚19 Poudre'. Very soft sweet floral, smooth musky and light powdery. Suitable for daily perfume.

FarStar
FarStar

I bought a miniature version of this, thinking it's a musky floral scent, but I was so wrong!

On me, it's quite minty and a bit herbal, not like gummy mint, but fresh classy mint, very clean, cool and crispy, but not light. There is some sort of heaviness and luxurious quality to it.

It reminds me of an introverted refined middle-aged semi-wealthy guy, isolated himself from the world, retired to his mansion in the country, while reading and writing and reconnecting with the wild nature.

Definitely not my cup of tea, but still, it's well done.

iMusicat
iMusicat

One of my favorite scents.
On my skin, it starts with heavily soapy musk. Powdery scent with hint of jasmine and Citruses in the middle. And dries down with mixed scent of musky and powdery.
In general, it's a very soft musky scent and I like to wear it in the summer.

Rerik
Rerik

Milly-la-Foret is a very musky and extremely soft fragrance.
Smelling it blind I would´t ever think this fragrance cost so much. As La Collection Couturier is created for the niche market, the smell isn´t outstanding rather boring.
It´s already discontinued.
The soft smell is done much better in fragrances like Sensuale Intimissimi or Secret de Rochas.

christianne1
christianne1

Interesting, I smelled a tiny Cristalle note in the opening of this and felt like Milly La Foret smelled a bit like Cristalle mixed with Mure et Musc. I see both have been mentioned so apparently I'm not the only one getting this! I think this is a beautiful fragrance, very graceful and elegant. Too often I find evergreen type scents to feel too "dapper" or something for myself but this is very female friendly. I can see this adapting to any season. Right now it feels like fall or winter but if I tried it in spring it would probably feel spring like. It is very light, not a powerhouse fragrance by any means. If you are looking for a loud bang for your buck you won't find it here. But if you are looking for a beautiful musky and somewhat gently exhilarating (yet somehow also tranquil and calming) evergreen scent that is office friendly and unisex, you may very well enjoy Milly La Foret.

yvashche
yvashche

Another boring one: summertime lying in a patch of small white flowers. There is no distinctive character here and it is difficult to to even describe.

Aroussa
Aroussa

I just got a big bottle of this for the summer after flying lazy circles around this fragrance for months, in an attempt to determine if this was the summer scent for me. It is! Somehow, it manages to combine the florals and the greens in a most balanced and delicate way. To me, smelling it is not as if being in a forest. But rather, in a lush leafy green park with flowerdbeds warming in the sunshine... A very delicate, whispery and I would say, aristocratic kind of fragrance that reveals itself only to me and whoever get very close.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Again, I agree with "henri345que" and I would add that this is a more feminine and floral version of "Cologne Imperiale", so if the original is too citrussy or unisex, this one has more sweetness, florals and musk.

I reckon this could be a very good wedding fragrance or a gift for a young graduate for it is very pleasant, inoffensive, str8 forward and does not confuse or distract.

I can also detect a pleasant green note similar to "Cristalle" CHANEL (yet far less strong) that remind me of broken tulip stems or green beans.

If "New Look" is the more sophisticated business orientated and ambitious modern woman, this one is her younger, more naive, playful, frolic little sister, laughing and playing in the rosegarden (while big sis is small talking with the businessmen).

Very feminine and floral.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

It's a citrus-blackberry-musk accord in the style of Cologne Mure et Musc by L'Artisan, Fraicheur Muskissime bu MPG (with less sandalwood) and Bouquet Impérial by Roger & Gallet. Like in the R&G it's the citrus aspect that dominates in Milly. Lovely, but we have seen this before...

Anyone who buys Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur MILLY-LA-FORET blind--or as a gift--thinking that this is a floral perfume is going to be in for a big surprise: this is a green! The only thing that persuades me to believe that there has not been a decanting error involved--a mix-up in the vials--is the name. This really does smell like a forest!

Upon initial application, I was sure that I was walking down a trail amidst the Rocky Mountains breathing in the cool crisp air as pine needles and twigs snapped underneath while moss cushioned my feet. Majestic evergreen and fir trees reached up into the blue sky as far as the eye could see. But no, the notes, according to Dior, are mandarin, neroli, and musk. Comment cela?

To me, MILLY-LA-FORET is a fairly linear green with an aromatic edge--and a nice one at that. But this is at least unisex if not masculine and not floral at all. Caveat emptor!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Milly-la-Foret fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Milly-la-Foret, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Milly-la-Foret by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Milly-la-Foret by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.