Designers » C » Oriental Spicy « Groups

smoky
honey
cinnamon
La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Mitzah Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior launches a new exclusive collection of ten perfumes named La Collection Couturier Parfumeur in 2010., signed by the perfumer Francois Demachy. The collection illustrates the life of the founder - the famous Christian Dior.

The collection consists of re editions of three male fragrances: Eau Noire, Bois d'Argent and Ambre Nuit , and seven new ones: Mitzah, Vetiver, Granville, Leather Oud, New Look 1947, Cologne Royale and Milly-la-Foret. Vetiver and Leather Oud are masculine perfumes; Cologne Royale is suitable for both genders, while the rest are intended for the ladies.

Mitzah is named after Dior’s muse and friend Mitzah Bricard. Mitzah is an elegant, feminine and mysterious oriental fragrance with notes of coriander, rose, spices, cinnamon, labdanum, vanilla, honey, patchouli and incense.

The fragrances from Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur are available in bottles of 125 ml, 225 ml and 450 ml.

Coriander Cinnamon Spices Rose French labdanum Incense Patchouli white honey

Ambre Sultan
Miyako

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Mitzah Fragrance Reviews

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Incense, honey,patchouli and cinnamon are the key notes on my skin. All notes that I like/love but they are too delicate in Mitzah. It feels more fem than masculine. No oomph in it. Longevity is good but silage is very tamed.Much better in the fragrance world for cheaper!

HazelMae
HazelMae

In retrospect, I probably didn't need to buy this given that I already have Ambre Sultan, but the Dior salesman really rocked, and I love frankincense. It kind of reminded me of my beloved Aveda pure-fumes from the 90's. This has a very nice longevity and is probably a little less weird than Ambre Sultan. The Dior salesman said something about how they were having trouble sourcing the frankincense, whether true or not, it totally worked on me in that it made me want to buy immediately. I just love the way this note is rendered in this particular perfume.

curvealert
curvealert

This is a very pleasant honey/amber/incense scent. I enjoyed my sample a lot but...for the asking price on a full bottle I found the lasting power a bit poor and the overall impression, dare I say, blah? There are more interesting and a lot cheaper oriental perfumes out there.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Honey (a ton, but not too sweet, more on the earthy side), spices, patchouli – a nice, bold, really spicy, vaguely resinous but at the same time, dusty and dry opening. Kind of "roasted caramel" vibe. Also with a strong herbal/medicinal balsamic feel. I get an amber accord even if it's not listed. Then it slowly evolves into an incense accord with a rose heart and honey, with just a touch of vibrant green notes (bitter like an olive from times to times). Must admit I quite like the "blend" overall, all is well made, well developed, with good materials which smell just as they should. Not exactly anything "distinctive", but sometimes fragrances are good just being "good" even if they don't have much of a personality (like this one). The spicy drydown reminds me of Eau Noire. Perhaps the best among the exclusive line.

7,5-8/10

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. It's very similar to Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens except that Mitzah is not as herbal/spicy. Moderate projection and good longevity on my skin.

yvashche
yvashche

A balm for the soul: incensy, smoky, sweet and spicy, this is a smooth crème brulee. Astounding.
Wish it could last through the night, though.

Kain
Kain

I don't know why they put this fragrance in women section because this could be perfectly a unisex fragrance or even a masculine one!
Definitely has much more masculine feeling than many fragrances out there with masculine name on them!
The opening is a semi sweet rose note with huge blast of patchouli and incense and some spices.
The rose note is not overpowering, but it's not weak either.
The patchouli note give the scent a sharp earthy and green/herbal feeling and incense give it a light smoky aroma now add some spices .... you have a beautiful opening.
In mid the patchouli note and spices came in front and kicked the annoying rose completely to the background (I'm so so so so happy about that you sucker!)
The scent in this part is great and very masculine in my opinion.
The patchouli note has a very brutal and earthy aroma and also give the scent a wet feeling.
The spices are pretty strong and they're challenging your nose. I can clearly smell strong black pepper note that give the scent a warm and beautiful spicy feeling.
I can smell cinnamon too but it's much weaker against pepper and patchouli and give the scent a little more depth and bitter aroma.
The scent has a slight amount of sweetness in the background too and I can ensure you this is not a sweet fragrance.
In the base the scent only gets smoother. no big changes in the scent.
This is the only fragrance with rose in it that I liked very much!
Because the rose except a few minutes at the start is completely in the background and only play a small role but you can smell it always though.
Projection is good and longevity is around 8-10 hours on my skin.
The scent is not very different and daring but the smell and balance of the notes is great and I loved it.

با اینکه این عطر زنانه ذکر شده اما خیلی راحت میتونه یونیسکس و حتی مردانه باشه
مسلما حس به مراتب مردانه تری داره به نسبت خیلی از عطرهایی که تو بازار هست و اسم عطر مردانه روشونه. نمیخوام اسم ببرم شر بشه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی نیمه شیرین و البته کاملا مشخص گل رز شروع میشه که رایحه قوی نعنای هندی و کمی رایحه های تند و ادویه ای کمی رایحه بخور اونو همراهی میکنن
رایحه گل رز خیلی قوی نیست اما ضعیف هم نیست و بخوبی به مشام میرسه
بعد از گذشت چند دقیقه خــوشـبـخـتـانه رایحه نعنای هندی و رایحه ادویه ای قدرتُ دست میگیرن و رایحه گل رز مزخرفُ با اردنگی پرتش میکنن اون پشت و شخصا از این قضیه خیلی خیلی خیلی خیلی خوشحالم
رایحه نعنای هندی حس گیاهی ملایم و البته بسیار تند و تیز و خاکی و کمی مرطوب به عطر میده
رایحه ادویه جات بیشتر شامل فلفل سیاه هست که عطر بسیار دلپذیری داره و حس گرم و تند و فلفلی به عطر میده
دارچین هم میشه حس کرد اما خیلی خیلی ضعیفه و فقط یه ته بوی ضعیف تلخ به عطر میده
بوی عطر در مجموع خیلی جزئی شیرینه و فقط در حدی که بگه منم هستم
با گذر زمان رایحه تغییر چندانی نمیکنه و فقط ملایمتر میشه
فکر کنم تنها عطری که رز داخل اش داره و من خیلی خیلی دوسش دارم اینه چون بوی رز فقط در چند دقیقه محدود ابتدایی خودشو نشون میده و در باقی طول عمر عطر کاملا در حاشیه هست ولی به هر حال بوش همیشه حس میشه
پخش بوش خوبه و ماندگاری بین 8 تا 10 ساعت روی پوست داره
در مجموع بوش خیلی خاص و متفاوت نیست. خصوصا که این جزو سری عطرهای حرفه ای تر دیور هست و قیمت بالایی هم داره. ولی بوی بسیار دلپذیر و کیفیت و بالانس رایحه های عالی داره
در ضمن نمیدونم چرا ولی تولیدش متوقف شده متاسفانه

lyolya
lyolya

Oh, how I love thee...
Sampled from a tiny vial, this scent is bound to become my signature once I receive the full bottle!
This is amber, this is incense, this is beauty and comfort, sophistication and understatement.
Very similar to Ambre Sultan indeed, it is more feminine, elegant and classy. Great lasting power, too.
Incredible, simply incredible.
Oh, and yes, a great deal, too! 8.4 oz=250 ml for $250 - that's less than $30 per 1 oz (30 ml)
I got my stash now that it's discontinued! :)

Update: this perfume is a DRUG. I am officially addicted.

NoiBoi
NoiBoi

The prominent notes in here for me are the Labdanum and incense, with a touch of honey sweetness. I don't get much rose or patchouli, at least for now.

Overall, I belive this would satisfy anyone who is fond of amber and/or incense based fragrances. I personally find Labdanum a more wearable version of amber. Good stuff, and right in the middle of unisex.

judyk
judyk

Oh, this is so gorgeous! An eiderdown comforter of spice-dusted incense, just sweet enough to soothe the soul. I'd swear there was amber in it but the notes say no. But, oh, it does remind me of another perfume... My nose will be stuck to my wrist all day while I try to remember which one. I can think of worse ways to spend the day. :-)

Edit: I've got it! Ambre Sultan. Must be the labdanum that gives it that amber quality. They're similar but easy to tell apart - Mitzah has noticeable cinnamon and a sharp floral base.

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

At the opening I took a ton of incense, cinnamon and honey, pungent aroma and very sweet, warm, very powerful projection. After ten minutes the skin he referred me to the Louve Serge Lutens (amostrinha wax).

After about forty-five minutes, the incense will be taking and I am now a honey delicate floral, but still sweet, creamier, and now at this point, since the projection is average in my skin. The aroma lingers in this way until the end, getting a little more intimate, but the setting is great.

Honey dominates the fragrance from start to finish. Good for the winter.

deadidol
deadidol

This is a bright, clamorous scent that draws some parallels to the other fragrances Demachy put together for the Couturier line. There's an opulence to much of the series that can cause them to come across as trying a little too hard, but this particular one isn't pushing any envelopes with its composition; Instead, it's clearly aiming for pleasantries—and in that respect, it's somewhat successful.

There's an initial blast of Damascone Beta (presumably in order to cite Dior's 1980s powerhouse scents), quickly giving way to a rich honey/vanilla that's slightly tempered by the spices. Patchouli peeks through and adds a snippet of freshness to the mix as the scent attenuates. What results is a semi-fruity, honeyed-rose aura that sits relatively low, straddling between "nice" and "mundane." Although the listed notes would disagree, I do pick up a hint of animalic dirtiness that's probably coming from labdanum. Sadly, I get virtually no incense at all as it's simply subsumed by the sweetness of everything else that's going on and the somewhat sickly base that's carrying the whole thing along.

Projection and longevity seem slightly below average: it sits relatively low in comparison to other Diors, and lasts around 4 hours on me. Pleasant, warm, rich, but ultimately boring, it's frankly not that far removed from the slew of honey/rose/vanilla synths that have plagued the market from cheap celeb scents to designer fruit-bombs. Despite this, I get the sense that it's created for absolute marination (which is probably why it comes in a ridiculous 8.4oz bottle) and is probably well-suited for such purposes. I'd list this as sniff-worthy if you happen to be in its presence, but aside from that, I wouldn't recommend seeking it out—specifically as there are plenty more scents out there doing what Mitzah is attempting, but with far more grace.

Tovah
Tovah

Kind of like I always used to read Janet Reno Loves You instead of Jean Reno Loves You and Maggot instead of Etro Magot, I kept thinking I was reading "Mitzvah" wherever I saw this scent advertised. So, I felt obligated to try it...hardee har har.(Sorry) Mitzah is a dreamy incense fragrance, the likes of which we experience all too rarely. It's not as smokey after awhile as it lead me to anticipate, but but it haunts with a labdanum and cinnamon warmth. It's for a woman that makes turbans, bold leopard prints (faux!), and a string of pearls the size of golf balls seem effortlessly stylish. I think Mitzah is gorgeous, and it's the kind of fragrance I admire, but it's black hair, tall and voluptuous, and I'm a redhead, short and boney. Mitzah is several sizes too big for me, in the way that I could never play the part no matter how brilliant are my acting skills. If this came in something other than a vat, I'd probably buy a little bottle to have purely for the thrill of sniffing it.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

If a perfume ever felt it had a divine right to be considered beautiful it could be Mitzah from La Collection Couturier Parfumeur by Dior.

Formed with the easy precision of a skilled pattern cutter's hand, it is an apparently simple composition that only assumes its true form when worn.

From the start it is mainly smoke in the couturiers' mirrors, in all directions billowing clouds of incense take their time to clear. The clouds come from cones heavily flavoured with coriander, cinnamon and cardamon, meaning they are rich and spiced in their swirling.

When the dust does finally settle our newly dressed gentleman lacks only one thing: a floral buttonhole. A mistake rectified with the quick provision of a rose, one that continues to emanate its Damascene scent the rest of the day.

Only one element now remains: a sweetness to add humour to this show of the dark arts.

Here come the bees in their honeyed hoards to bring a sepia tint to the scene.

An icon is an icon and has sexuality rather than a sex.

Mitzah is the first icon of the silent screen.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I was fortunate to receive a sample of this perfume from a friend. First and foremost, this is a unisex scent, no question about it. Guys, don't be afraid of this one, it works very well on men's skin. Secondly, I come so close to wanting to call this a masterpiece. It's one of the best perfumes I've tried in ages.

Mitzah grabs you by the shirt collars immediately with a sweet and gently spicy opening. I first detect coriander and labdanum, and bright hints of rose and a melange of spices. About an hour or two later, this astounding middle appears: warm wood, cool incense, smoldering nuts and berries, rubbed patchouli leaves. Not far after begins the epically long ending, where honey/beeswax plays the solo, surrounded by the echoes of other spices. Rose is prominent in the base notes, too. Every element of this perfume slides in a long horizontal line from one to the other so the experience lasts a very long time, and its changes are subtle, smooth and slow... like the unfurling of an enormous flag in a gentle wind.

There is a deep red heart to this perfume, hinted at by it's gentle rose color. Such a careful hand combined these elements into a rich scent experience - sublimely stunning.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A wonderful, promising warm spicy opening. Then, a strange blast of overripe fruit - a moment of panic! Then, on to the notes that dominate, on my skin, the linear development: honey, vanilla and a hint of incense. The sweetness of these notes on my were disappointing. The spices all but disappeared, swallowed by the honey-vanilla. Good thing this was just a sample!

LANIER
LANIER

Deep in the most ancient part of Istanbul, a honey yellow Turkish crescent moon of midnight creeps over the walls of the Topkapi palace. Summer dreams on the Bosporus are heady with the heavy exotic fragrances of the Grand Bazaar that linger in the serpentine streets as they waft toward the incense filled gardens on the edge of the city. In such gardens on just such a night as this lovers have met ever since scandalous Theadora danced before the infatuated Emperor Justinian at the dawn of Byzantium.

Rare and sensuous this night is filled with promise and sweet delights of desire tinged with danger. Women of ripe beauty peek in the moon glow from behind screens of carved ebony. They whisper to one another that the night is never long enough when He is near and always unending and eternal when he is not. That is the song of longing, of loves promise never fulfilled. Desire and dust wrapped in silk put away to save for the thing that can never really be. It is the dream of love.

This is all and everything I have found in the glorious perfume from Dior called Mitzah. Named for Christian Dior’s muse and friend Mitzah Bricard it is heady and hypnotic but never overwhelming. It is what I would call deep and multi layered in its design, a real stunner for me that never shouts but rather insinuates and seduces the one who wears it. And in so doing casts a spell of enchantment beyond the wrist, or from behind the ear out into a waiting world of yes.

Mitzah opens in a temple garden loaded with incense where a smooth coriander feeds and supports an ethereal velvet red rose. Then suddenly oriental fresh spices scatter across the skin as if spilled from huge terracotta jars in the bazaar at Alexandria.

It is so well made that the middle notes slowly unfurl like Cleopatra wrapped in an oriental rug that lay for years on the floor of a cinnamon warehouse. The highly erotic labdanum snakes over this rug and licks like a cat the creamy warm vanilla within this bowl of golden scent. You dare not close your eyes or you will be lost in a sumptuous whirlpool.

There is a long lazy luxurious slow stretching dry down where the thick honey still sticks to the honey comb and drips down over a layer of pungent patchouli. All of this majesty and resplendency is carried on the remaining whisper of that first incense from ancient temples dedicated to pagan gods of love.

Mitzah has a stable and long lasting silage that speaks of quality and lasts on my skin a good seven to nine hours. It comes on strong but don’t let that scare you. It is an oriental with a genteel soul and the longer it lays languorously on the skin the softer it becomes. It never powders down but rather wafts on with that incredible smoky slightly sweet incense. Mitzah is listed as a woman’s fragrance but in my experience it is remarkably masculine in a smart Near Eastern manner. When I wear it men invariably ask me what it is and where they can get a bottle. Mitzah is a sly seducer that works well on a man and is his equal on a woman and will blend with both chemistries. The chemistry it inspires is of skin upon skin that sparks the heart to a sweet madness. This meeting is in fact the Algerian love knot fragrance that two lovers could wear. Smelling of each other when they are apart and bending into a kiss of fragrance when they meet.
FIVE GOLD STARS *****

mocha43
mocha43

For me, this is too intense, too reminisent of youth dew and opium that I remember from their vintage days. The incence, spice and patchouli that many love, simply give me a headache, a profound headache. That being said, I received this as a sample of La Collection Dior, so it is only one of many that I will be sampling.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Mitzah must have been a wonderful woman if this perfume which she inspired is anything to go by....It is a striking, strong blend of incense, roses and spices. I believe I also smell tobacco with the honey. As she was Dior's muse I imagine a super stylish french woman, slightly eccentric, 'jolie laide', wearing Le Smoking with a silk cravat and high heels. She has deep red lips, artfully styled hair, a cigarette in one hand and a glass of brandy in the other. She has a deep throaty laugh and fierce love of life. I agree with Sheerapop that the huge bottles are too much perfume but I do so want one very badly.I will wear this when I want to be as bold as Mitzah and feel as elegant and inspiring as a Dior muse.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

For me "Mitzah" is the more curvy and voluptuous sister of "Bois D'Argent" (who is the slim, slick and suave Librarian).

Mitzah is warm, loud,full bodied scent full of sweet, ripe, sun kissed rose and honey.
The spices and francinsense dominate the core of the fragrance.

I can imagine this to be very nice in the cold of winter around Xmas time for it will radiate well in the cold and cheer you up.

Very sweet and balmy. Somewhat linear, meaning you will either love or loathe this big sister from the very first moment.

I find "Bois D'Argent" more intriguing.

After all the fuss I've heard about Mitzah I probably expected too much. Mitzah is a good spicy/woody oriental with a sweet edge. Incense is detectable but I honestly wouldn't classify this as an incense cmposition. Rose and honey perfectly blends together to assure a warm drydown while patchouli adds a "classic oriental" quality to a well crafted composition that's neither particularly original nor interesting.

Said that, if you're into this type of stuff, give a chance to Herve Domar Diamant Noir which does exactly the same thing at half the price.

Rating: 6.5/10

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Unusual and mysterious. Opens with cinnamon, rose, incense and the musky amber scent of labdanum.

Then something extremely dry pierces through: coriander--biting and almost metallic. Discordant I think for such an otherwise buxomly incensed fragrance. A dry, smokey rosewood would have punctuated the notes better, or even peppery caraway.

Finishes as a sweet, earthy, honeyed incense but still with the sharp grating edge. It doesn't play nice on me, so I think I will pass on this one.

Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur MITZAH is a truly gorgeous incense perfume! All day I have been sniffing myself in delight and even considering the possibility of buying the large economy-size bottle.

Which brings me to a small digression and mini-rant: why are prestige house putting out jugs of juice? In this case, there can be no doubt that the juice in question is perfume--probably edp, to be more precise. MITZAH has great longevity and sillage. So why in the world would anyone of human body size need a 450ml vat? This trend we have seen chez Chanel and Guerlain, and I have to say that I don't comprehend it at all. The price per milliliter of these sometimes splendid creations is often less than that of low-brow chemical soup! But the consumer is expected to make a large volume commitment. So you cannot buy 1oz of MITZAH, though I do believe that 1oz would last a very long time.

That said, MITZAH, a sumptuous oriental featuring incense, honey, rose, labdanum and patchouli, among other notes, is breathtakingly beautiful. Please pass the jug my way!

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Mitzah by Christian Dior 4.32 out of 5 based on 162 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Mitzah fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Mitzah, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Mitzah by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Mitzah by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.