Designers » C » Floral « Groups

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Christian Dior for women

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Christian Dior for women
dislike

yellow floral
La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior launches a new exclusive collection of ten perfumes named La Collection Couturier Parfumeur in 2010., signed by the perfumer Francois Demachy. The collection illustrates the life of the founder - the famous Christian Dior.

The collection consists of re editions of three male fragrances: Eau Noire, Bois d'Argent and Ambre Nuit, and seven new ones: Mitzah, Vetiver, Granville, Leather Oud, New Look 1947, Cologne Royale and Milly-la-Foret. Vetiver and Leather Oud are masculine perfumes; Cologne Royale is suitable for both genders, while the rest are intended for the ladies.

New Look 1947 features white flowers, mostly tuberose. There are also ylang-ylang, iris, Damask rose, Sambac jasmine, peony, vanilla and benzoin in the composition.

The fragrances from Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur are available in bottles of 125 ml, 225 ml and 450 ml.

iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Tuberose Benzoin Vanille Rose Peony

longevity :8/10
100% night fragrance
too feminine for me

AngeletV

I wanted to add to my previous review (below) and address those who say they are not noticed when wearing this perfume. This is true - this is not a big sillage-statement perfume. It is an up close and personal perfume. Think of trajectory here - are you trying to project outwards? Or draw people in - that is, the right people ... or person. I wore this on a date recently ... and once the gentleman came a bit closer (ahem), it made him want to come in even closer. Like a nice surprise waiting just for him, once he got close enough. Get it? Not the big marquee lights saying "everyone, pay attention" ... but a velvet rope experience... and what is on the other side. This perfume is about exclusivity.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - vanilla, benzoin & iris.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

gillbert
gillbert

First spray is 80% Chanel N◦19 vibe. I get Chanel N◦19 vibe about 10 minutes. After that, I get CK Beauty EDP vibe almost an hour. The scent is not exactly the same. I say, it's 40% similar. The good news is, this one is 10 times better than CK Beauty EDP. In dry down i get a lot of sweetness, flowery, creamy and powdery scent. It is really beautiful, elegance, sophisticated, professional and timeless.

AngeletV

This was an immediate love, from the first whiff out of the bottle, to spray on the paper card, to walking around on my wrist, and finally, the big splurge. I got the small bottle, which is not so small at 4.25 oz. I almost caved to the larger one as Bergdorf was having their big spring beauty sale, and looking back, maybe I should have as I am finding myself going through a lot, everyday. I find myself spritzing 4-5 times per day. I realize I am going overkill on this and perhaps offending all the people I work with in the process - but probably not as this fragrance is not strong at all. To give you an idea, I compared to Coco, which was my signature scent 15 years ago. As an experiment I picked up a sample at Sephora and tested it for the day - Coco on one arm, 1947 on the other. Coco lasted all day, perhaps a plus in some people's book - but gave me a massive, massive headache in the process. I can't believe it used to be my signature, maybe I was more tolerant, back then! 1947 is none of the overpowering headache, just pure floral elegance. 1947 is not a scent for someone trying to make a huge statement walking in the door, nor trying to overtly seduce - instead, to be subtly disarming.

nordhaul
nordhaul

This reminds me of my past favorite
Special occasion perfume Vendetta.
But much softer and so much more
Beautiful. Whispering. Very much
a skinscent. EVERYBODY loves it
from the bottle. No one notices on.
Devastatingly gorgeous, & it's winter!
I can't imagine how sublime this'd be
as a spring/summer perfume! Peace

arrode
arrode

Absolutely beautiful. This smells like a mix of tropical, sweet flowers and warm, creamy sandalwood. So warm and sensuous. This actually reminds me somewhat of Sensuous Nude by Estee Lauder, but a bit more floral!

noseyboysniffy
noseyboysniffy

This smells great and can be totally unisex.

PerfumeGodess
PerfumeGodess

While I appreciate this fragrance. It is a tricky one. Once I smell the Jasmine it changes my mind a bit. It is a different kind of Jasmine for some reason although I am a fragrance aficionado this jasmine is almost playing a game of masquerade. This fragrance is a bit of a jack and a box of scent.

Q80
Q80

when it dries down on my skin it gives that pure flowery vanilla, the elegant soft vanilla that charms my spirit eventually & calms me down. It reminds me allot of the base note of Anima Dulcis, just it doesn't have that animalic note in AD. i guess i love it!!

ticalica
ticalica

Excellent fragrance that embodies the right amount of beauty, maturity, drama, opulence and glamour... This makes me think o big ballrooms during the renaissance period and maybe something that Marie antoinette wears when she decides tobbe epitome of a fancy lifestyle

Love this smell of dusty roses

yvashche
yvashche

Pretty boring and light: white flowers, some sweetness but there is no distinctive character, like a pretty woman with unremarkable features.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Again I would like to concur with "henri345que" for a formidable review.
There is nothing I can add except that the Tuberose note is perfectly juxtaposed with the green, woodsy, creamy other florals in a very pleasant way.
I usually dislike Tuberose but this is a very unique blending of this dominant scent.
It is just perfectly balanced between sweet, creamy , green, floral and musky to form a beautiful and sophisticated scent of femininity, style, class and confidence.
This is like Grace Kelly comeback 2012!
Female beauty redefined.

Galya
Galya

This is absolutly nice perfume that remands me Mona di Orio Ametys ,green-powedery perfume ,very longevity,potente.
Thank you ,Rouu,for your gift-decant!

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

This is rather a chameleon of a fragrance. At each moment further into its powdery evolution on my skin it reminded me constantly of other fragrances. At first spray I thought of the chypre in Chanel 31 Cambon, later the sandalwood of Allure. Then, the powdery dry down, that stays close to the skin, in style of Balenciaga Paris.

New Look 1947 is the most abstract out of the Collection. I don't smell tuberose, there is a white floral vibe going on but it's very soft, a bit like in Beige by Chanel but without the honey. It's really the soft-warm powdery (vanilla-sandalwood-musk) facet that takes the advantage in this game.

If you like all the powdery fragrances that are launched at the moment, but want something more exclusive or touch more mature... New Look 1947 is definitively for you. (This also counts if you like any of the fragrances I mentioned above)

It smells expensive and chic. Don't know about the concentration, to me it feels like an eat, if it's an edp it does stay close to the skin.

Rouu
Rouu

i would like to greet Henri345que for the great review

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 is a perfect creation .. usually um not big lunches fan anyway, and most of the descriptions left me cold. leather,big Oriental,soft flora, and Citrus aromatic, more Colognes… ummmm, no, thanks. um all stocked up ..
accidentally few months back i was at Dior's counter when it catches my eyes i was curious about available bottle sizes , 450 ml !! WOW .. i tried it on and for a second i thought um smelling Kenzo Flower !! foolish-y expected YEK .. i luve KENZO Flower , but this is a not well-done copy, left without trying the rest .. forgot all about it , few hrs later i felt there is somthing soft and sweet flirting with my nose .. realizing it was Dior New Look 1947 was a surprise!!
simply perfect .. kind of fragrances gets me on my knees . never been a floral gurl , but there is somthing ORIENTAL about this scent , sweet balanced oriental ,how ever i was expecting quiet white floral draped in fields of petals .. nothing floral here , i would say its Oriental vanilla with a weak structure of light iris .sweet iris fine made .somthing here takes me to the PRADA Infusion d'Iris dry down despite the heavy incense note of Infusion d'iris , nothing bold about NEW LOOK 1947 , soft , sweet , balanced , and warm creation for a pretty lady .
nothing old about this fragrance , screams of femininity . i got my bottle next day and enjoying every drop of it !

Aroussa
Aroussa

Nothing distinctively different to add to henri's exhaustive review - I love everything about this fragrance! Except the size - I so wish this collection, if only the best-seller which is by no surprise New Look - came in a pack size suitable to tote around in your purse. 125 ml is a bit too heavy...

Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur NEW LOOK 1947 reminds me a bit of Krigler DOLCE TUBEROSE. Both feature tuberose combined with ylang and various and sundry other notes. NEW LOOK 1947 offers benzoin where DOLCE TUBEROSE has a detectable rosewood note, but both have good longevity and great scrumptiosity. I'm pretty sure that there is light a wood note in NEW LOOK 1947 as well--it could be cedar...

I would not say that NEW LOOK 1947 is by any means a revolutionary composition, but it is a beautiful and refined one and would certainly please amateurs of Krigler and L'Artisan looking for another gentle tuberose perfume to add to their collection.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.