Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Christian Dior for women

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Christian Dior for women
dislike

cinnamon
Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Christian Dior for women Pictures Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Christian Dior for women Pictures Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Christian Dior for women Pictures

The house of Dior has rightfully held one of the first places in the world of perfumes for years. Dior’s collection Les Creations de Monsieur Dior introduced in 2009 represents a review of vintage editions. The collection includes 5 perfumes – 5 classic fragrances favorized by many women worldwide.

Diorella, Dioressence, Diorissimo, Eau Fraiche Forever and Ever make the five fragrances of the Les Creations de Monsieur Dior collection, presented as timeless opus of Dior which resists time and new trends.

Dioressence is a classic, sharp chypre from 1979 composed of aldehydes, fruit, bergamot, orange, patchouli and green notes in the beginning. Its development brings a floral heart of violet, tuberose, jasmine, carnation, rose, geranium, lily of the valley and ylang ylang, with a hint of cinnamon and powdery iris root. A base continues with patchouli combined with vanilla, galbanum, musk, moss, styrax and vetiver.

The new edition Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence EDT is concentrated on geranium from Egypt, cinnamon from Ceylon and patchouli from Indonesia as carriers of the composition. Available as 50 and 100ml edt.

Geranium

Mousse de Chêne - Oakmoss

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Fragrance Reviews

madonnatella
madonnatella

today i am "wearing" the new reformulated "dioressence" and it is smashing. it develops as the time walks further,further and further. there are a myriad of notes detectable despite the simplified "perfume-pyramid" as shown above. i am old enough to have smelled the old "dioressence" and i find as little of a difference as i neither usually find with all the other reformulated perfumes. perhaps with the exception of guerlains mitsouko. persons never mention WHY these perfumes had to be reformulated but it has to do with the regulations of the IFRA to diminish: painful extraction methods of raw material from animals already on the brink of extinction (civet,musk,beaverexcretion); the vanishings of costly but also biologically and ecologically important vegetal matter and so on. i DO NOT have however the slightest understanding of humane allergologic factors also taken in as indication why certain ingredients have to be banned. (Go stand overthere,then.) but the zoological and botanical desiderata i understand and if you're human you can only affirm this. i am a great perfume lover since,say,1974,so i did smell all the old versions of a heap of classics. and they were fabulous. but for the n.th time: there is nothing wrong with THIS NEW CREATION (nor several other reformulations) it is as complex and sophisticated as any other high-end,even nichiste,perfume.
here are two pretentious premisses playing:
niche perfumery is da real one;
the old perfumes are destroyed by reformulations.
all the parfumistas have become anosmic snobs.
this dioressence is as complex,evolving,rich,more than a mere "canelle" note,flowery (after a while i can detect rose,jasmine,geranium,ylang ylang,iris),an aldehyde mossy perfume and i am enjoying every SECOND of it.

KJS88

This isn't cinnamon so much a nutmeg--it smells like a longer last version of reformulated British Sterling, which in turn doesn't actually smell much like old British Stirling. I though my mother found British Stirling aftershave and splashed it on not thinking. The resemblance is uncanny. I can't speak of the vintage Dioressence, but this Créations de Monsieur version really does call to mind modern, reformulated British Stirling.

Evelyn Orchid
Evelyn Orchid

I do not regard compliments as a "guide" for an evaluation of the perfume quality or consider them important for the appreciation of it of course, but 4 impressive compliments and it wasn't even noon yet, made me think that there is a slight chance (and possibly hope) that people got finally bored by the candy-pastry perfume gendre (which I do not like at all) that is present in public these days and started to estimate a classic chypre instead...just an idea...that actually brought a big smile on my face.
It really was a Dioressence morning today. A cloudy and grey-ish with the scent of the upcoming rain mixed with the flowery spring air...a perfect set since I think Les Creations in fact develops best in autumn as it settles to a very comforting scent due to a woody undertone. It opens as a fresh, spicy and aromatic bloom but it is not a complex perfume. Just a beautiful, sophisticated scent with a very good sillage when you feel like in a mood for a change. I was drinking my morning coffee and a waitress asked me if I could write down for her the name of the perfume I was wearing since she liked it very much. So it would be very nice to come up with different names for completely different reformulations and reviews of vintage editions because it would save me the trouble of explaining all this mess and that would, as the matter of fact, give a fresh start for a completely different perfume instead of the continuous comparisons between two different scents as well. I recall vaguely a vintage Dioressence since my mother's friend wore it, but this certainly refers to plenty of the original/reformulated versions. Don't you think?

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Alors c'est très simple :
au début c'est de la cannelle
au milieu c'est de la cannelle
à la fin c'est de la cannelle.....

De la cannelle ! De la canelle ! Rien que de la cannelle !!!
Si ils avaient voulu faire une tarte à la cannelle ils ne s'y seraient pas pris autrement !!!
Du parfum ambré "barbare" en 1969 on en est venu à une tarte à la cannelle !!!
Rien d'oriental !! Mais alors rien !!
Ils ont totalement détruit un parfum mythique de la fin des années 60 chez LVMH !!
Par souci marketing de vouloir ratisser large ils ont ruiné le Dioressence de mon enfance dont je me faisais un bonheur de le sentir sur ma tante passionnée des parfums Dior !
Ils ont appauvrit la pyramide olfactive en la simplifiant ! Ils ont pris des matières "cheap" ! Et pour couronner le tout ils vendent cela une fortune (+ de 90 € le flacon 100 ml). Je suis furieuse !!!

kytikyti
kytikyti

I just got the vintage miniature. I felt a bit, it was king of interesting and soapy. I wont try it, because I want the ful bottle. But i keep staring at the pyramid of the vintage and at the THREE things in the content now! How can Dior change such a complicated and probably sophisticated parfume in such a simple one? c´mon three things? I dont need to be a perfumista for that. well i need to hurry up and try the new version, so i can tell the difference.

Eos
Eos

This re-invented version of Dioressence is a linear, uncomplicated pseudo-chypre. It has a hefty dose of patchouli and a dense cloud of synthetic moss that clashes with a brash spice note. The effect is green and heavy, about as subtle as a punch to the face. The longevity and projection is better than average. Seek out the vintage esprit d'parfum for a true Dioressence experience.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

The les creations version really smells quite a bit like Givenchy III - more than it does Dioressence. Bizarre, but not bad. Honestly, I enjoy all the "Les Creations" fragrances except for Diorissimo. Diorella isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still a brilliant fragrance to have around today.

sherryberry
sherryberry

Love your review originaldeftom!! I'm thinking about getting some of this. You compared it to two of my favorite fragrances, Cristalle and Chanel #19. I think this one may be for me!!

KJS88

This latest version reminds me of Habit Rouge. As plusher, lusher, feminine version of reformulated late 2000s Habit Rouge.

I'm quite disgusted at what has happened to Dior. I know Dior cannot buy back their old formulations from their current owners, and have to approximate... But bottle changes, name changes, formulation changes... Same has happened with Eau Sauvage which I cannot wear anymore--or justify the exorbitant cost for something that last 10 minutes with a bang that used to linger for 10 hours with wafts and whispers.

Dior: settle on this bottle design, improve your formulations. Hell, move all your fragrances to this bottle (much more practical than the Poisons bottles), up the concentration (WTF, 3 hrs out of a fragrance that use to pulse for 10 and linger much longer) and you'll get your loyal, profitable customer base back.

goldfish01
goldfish01

This is like the essential oil I have been looking for years. The oil is from Bath and Body works, called sandalwood rose essential oil. The dry down notes of Dioressence just smell like that. Woody aromatic, heavenly.

ION
ION

I believe, even some Dior employees must have lost trace of all the perfumes, reformulations, changes of names and bottles that the house's perfumes have suffered during the last years.
Sad, and it shows a certain lack of good taste to put it elegantly. :)
I didn't have the privilege to smell the original version or any other afterwards, but this one is delightful, memorable, charismatic!
It is a fine perfume to wear all day. Everywhere!
Do try it, there is some "old fashion" vibe about it that makes it more interesting than "passe'" and I like so much!
One of the best Diors ever, well done monsieur Robert!

An advice: much like Estee Lauder's "Private Collection", this is a perfume today's men can safely wear!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

One of my all time favourites. This does a lot for me. When I first tried it at the department store, it put me in a good mood all day. I thought - I have to have this! This is a refreshing, summer fragrance with a real pick me up feel that is both comforting and stylish at the same time. It's great for a rainy day too. It's just so versatile. It is a sophisticated scent and is unisex in nature. The oriental chypre is a nice blend for when the occasion is daytime or evening when you don't want a blast of an overpowering cloy. On my skin, the dry down leans towards mossy and patchouli and it's heady and heavenly to the senses. It's classic, sophisticated, alluring and sensual all at the same time. I imagine it being best suited to a woman in her 30's who is sensual but ladylike, sophisticated and in charge of herself.

talnyc
talnyc

tried this scent today (05.16.12) at Saks and it is very, very nice. It is a wonderful, sophisticated fragrance. I love it, but it reminds me in the dry down of Tom Ford's Arabian Wood. Although I love Dioressence, I have to say I prefer Arabian Wood.

I still may purchase this fragrance. I wonder if this is what inspired Tom Ford..ha...I must be dreaming because Tom Ford does not need inspiration, right? Mr. Ford would not admit to that.

I think it did heeheehee.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Originally bought it for my mom (she is a 72 y.o. opera diva) but she has mellowed out so much that she no longer wants to wear BIIIG perfumes.

I think DIORESSENCE is an all-time classic and is so unique and stylish. Very hard to compare to anything else. Simply outstanding and unparalleled.

There are only 2 fragrances that I would position somewhat related: CHANEL "Cristalle" although much lighter, cooler and fresher, it also has this incredibly green, 'broken stems' quality. The other one is CHANEL "19" Coco's last creation before she passed in 1971, a very poudery, soapy, aldehydic green floral.

"Dioressence" is all that and more: deeper, more sophisticated, more profound, richer, warmer, a really weird, yet interesting mix of instantly pleasant floral notes, juxtaposed in between animalic musc, synthetic aldehydes, pungent peppery green notes, it is just so intriguing and different from that commercial stuff you get out there these days. I also find a rich and earthy quality to this: is that the chypre element? That green, mossy, earthy, wet feel?

I often compare perfumes with music. Majority of today's music productions are auto-tuned, quick studio productions with massive marketing effort to sell a weak, short-lived product with zero longevity.

Most fragrances today are similar in nature as they are churned out too quickly, often endorsed by a celebrity or fashion brand.

This is different: if this was a piece of music, it would be a big opera or a live concert of some massive vocal talent: Adele might smell like this!!

Think YSL's "Opium" but not that oriental, but a "shouting green" that turns into a "cooing, oozing, purring vanilla, creamy, spicy, woody, cashmere sweater by the fireplace".

I think the best season to wear this is autumn or any cooler part of year, when you need comfort and reassurance and demand respect from your environment.

This is a very grown-up concotion, only suitable for a sophisticated and self-confident person: MALE or FEMALE. This is UNISEX.

rainbow.owl2

Every time I use this perfume I like it more, it's grassy & warm, a bit spicy. it's enveloping and cosy. perfect for a dull day in London.

I'm sure it has more notes that the three listed, it's like the perfumerers these days like to keep them under wraps...

vertigo
vertigo

I regret I can't compare this to the original, haven't tried it yet.

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence is a simple chypre. Direct, assertive, ruling. So charismatic!

I like it, but I'm afraid chypre lovers may be disappointed with its simplicity and its being so linear.

Doesn't change in time, big sillage and amazing staying power.

rainbow.owl2

I have seen this today in two different shops at Brent Cross shopping centre, north London (july 2011). I think it smells fabulous & intend to pop back soon to get some!

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

Was this already sold out? I couldn't find it anywhere, and I tried many shops, which did have the other Creations de monsieur Dior (Eau fraiche and Forever and ever), but not this.

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence by Christian Dior 3.68 out of 5 based on 89 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.