Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Miss Dior Christian Dior for women

Miss Dior Christian Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 780 I had it: 433 I want it: 379 My signature: 24

Miss Dior Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Christian Dior for women Pictures

Miss Dior by Christian Dior is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Miss Dior was launched in 1947. Miss Dior was created by Jean Carles and Paul Vacher. Top notes are aldehydes, gardenia, galbanum, clary sage and bergamot; middle notes are carnation, iris, orris root, jasmine, neroli, lily-of-the-valley, rose and narcissus; base notes are labdanum, leather, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, oakmoss and vetiver.

Aldehydes Gardenia Galbanum Clary Sage Bergamot

Dior Homme

Miss Dior Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

This review is for vintage Miss Dior EDT. It reminds me very much of Vol de Nuit vintage EDT, but the Guerlain has more tenacity and body. Miss Dior is a teeny bit sweeter (from the magnolia?) and airier (also, a bit more cinnamon-toasty, odd to say - possibly also from the magnolia, which some people describe as gingerbready) but otherwise I find the two very similar. I prefer the Vol de Nuit (a bit heavier, a bit richer - like the difference between a thick cashmere blanket and a linen sheet), and would recommend it to anyone who also loves vintage Miss Dior.

alahoop
alahoop

I recently purchased a vintage houndstooth bottle of this, and it is rapidly becoming a favorite. I was hesitant, because I find the new version headache inducing, but I am a leather fan, and this one is a classic.

I mostly smell spices and leather when I wear this, which is nice, because leather does very well with my chemistry. It is not as strong here as in Cabochard Gres, or Robert Piguet's Bandit, but it's noticeable. It is definitely a cleaner leather, and more comparable to Gres, although Gres is drier and more flowery. Miss Dior isn't at all flowery or sweet, but I think it's the most feminine of the three (not that any of them could be considered flowery or sweet!).

It is incredibly long lasting on me. When I apply it in the morning, I can still smell it on my skin 16 hours later as I am getting ready for bed. The sillage is nice, maybe perfect. I feel like people can smell it on me, but not as though I am scent bombing the room. This is definitely a cool weather scent; I made the mistake of wearing it on a warm autumn day, and it was a bit overwhelming.

I love vintage perfumes, and while some of them can smell dated, I don't think this one does at all. It is warm and cozy, maybe a bit sexy. I find it very well blended, in that none of the notes really stand out. I think this has the potential to become a signature scent on me, if I can keep myself supplied.

diamondkite
diamondkite

I got this as my first perfume when I was 14 and thanks to a successful swap (thanks Anywho!) it is now back in my life. Wearing it makes me feel like I've come home. Miss Dior really evokes the feel of a young sophisticate - it's a pretty, crisp, somewhat serious chypre. I used to wear it for studying and I think it improved my focus and alertness - it has that bite that can snap you out of a daydream .

Mazarine
Mazarine

One of the most elegant perfumes ever

Carolann59
Carolann59

original Miss Dior edp: Enchantment! On me, this is elegant, mysterious and sophisticated - worthy of a couture gown or an afternoon tryst (wink wink). The top reminds me of Chanel No. 5 but rounds into a soft warm floral that is knowing and a little naughty. Old Fashioned? Only if you are inexperienced.

This and Poison are the only Dior frags that suit me thus far (both are masterpieces) so I hope to be able to add a few more to my "keeper" list. I had high hopes for Dioressence but the oakmoss is so overwhelming on me that I gave it to my husband.

Inamorata
Inamorata

Ahhh...Miss Dior..an absolute classic... a beautiful mixture of strawberries, pink jamine and green mandarin. An amazing, wonderful fragrance that lasts forever on your skin...I used to have it - I received my first bottle of this perfume, from my aunt, when I turned 20. It brings me great memories. Now I do not have it anymore, and I have seen that a new version, new scent of the perfume is available on the market. I laid my eyes on one I saw on Strawberry and I am very tempted to buy it...

deadidol
deadidol

This review is for the vintage EdT that comes in the houndstooth bottle.

The ghostly remains of a once charismatic chypre set against the toasted peanut backdrop of a statuesque sandalwood. The top notes are all but gone, and the aldehydes are hiding, but what remains is a delicate arpeggio of moss, sandalwood, and soft leather. Apparently, this bottle’s from the ‘70s, and the perfume is beyond fleeting on the skin, but it’s still pretty gorgeous. What’s left in this bottle may be long in tooth, but I imagine that it served up some real attitude in its heyday.

danaklein
danaklein

Probably the best fragrance out there, very hard to find these days, really shame on Dior that they are using a different formula. Hands down, the best chypre accord ever made in a perfume.

katushka37
katushka37

I got a vintage miniature Espirit de Parfum from 90's (I think). I dabbed a bit on my wrist and was greeted by a hefty dose of aldehydes and gardenia (which was a loud and sharp mix). "Old lady's perfume" immediately came to mind and I ended up listing it on eBay.

Five minutes later loud opening evaporated leaving very delicate scent of narcissus, sage and oakmoss. Yes, it still smells vitage but very clean, fresh and unique. I haven't come across prominent narcissus note before which IMO very hard to capture due to subtle nature of the scent. It evoked memories of my childhood enjoying narcissus blooms in late spring in my grandma's garden.

Please excuse me while I go and cancel my listing :)

FBenoit1
FBenoit1

My mom recently gave me a half full bottle of Miss Dior esprit de parfum special perfume concentration from 1983. She didn't use it must because she didn't like the scent on her but I truly love it. She kept it in a cool dark place and has lasted very well. It's a beautiful fragrance on my skin and clothes and get many compliments when I were it. Love!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I hope they don't discontinue this because the new version smells nasty

mereltje
mereltje

I just bought a 100 ml splash bottle, probably the new formulation Original. I love the bottle, but the eau de toilette is só WEAK...It maby stays on for an half an hour. I remember MISS DIOR as a very strong and long lasting perfume.It is a real, real pity, because I realy loved MISS DIOR. It is a shame!

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

I have always been very curious about Miss Dior, since I used to smell this a lot on ladies and young ladies alike, hearing and reading its quite a legend and I became intrigued and I had to sample Miss Dior, immediately .

Mind you this first experience is from memory when I was a teen sampling it at a boutique where my sister used to work and I got to try it and I remember was very rosy and sandalwood that was very elegantly dainty, very refine creature but I was in love with 2 ladies then and they were..

1. Anais Anais by Cacharel

2. Blonde by Versace,

therefore I could not be unfaithful to them, but I decided when I grow out of my 2 ladies, I will check out Miss Dior again.

Now, well been years and I had to burry my Blonde by Gianni Versace since Blonde was murdered by Donatella Versace, well I need a new signature fragrance and I decided to see how is Miss Dior these days , so there I go fluttering to the department store.
Well, I tried her and I must say she isn't the same as I remembered her, the scent alone was different and seeing this tsunami reformulation's wave on classic perfumes that people here are mentioning only reassuring of me more of the change since the 2000's .

I wasn't expecting the wave entered the house of Dior too and putting on the perfume and letting it air and sit with me for the whole afternoon until the evening, it still has its staying power , classic delicate feminine elegance but it isn't as classic as it used to be and the new crew in Dior must have change ingredients, because she feels different to me now , as if she had expensive face lift with all the trimmings here and there to appear younger and attractive to the new generation , which I don't understand since the old classic formula the fragrance smelled young and elegant ,why go younger ?, but that just me.

All I have to say is even though Miss Dior had worked done, she is still a beautiful elegant delicate creature ,there is no denying she will always be a exquisite French perfume for a long time and its a perfect gift for a very fine lady in your life or for yourself, sincerely I wont buy it for myself since its been re-formed and I like its still classy but new personality is very prissy, status quo lover type for my bohemian free spirit .
I would delight in reading her fortunes on the palms of her hands but I cant see us having amazing adventures together like I did with other perfumes, if it was the classic scent I knew yrs ago, then alright i'll sign up at the local country club and meet her in a tennis match and have a exotic massage later but with her new self, no..she belongs to another .

Just one advice for the house of Dior on our darling Miss Dior ,

Be a angel, no more face lifts/reformulations please, next time I don't want to confuse your lovely bottle and fragrance of Miss Dior for a Evion water bottle stay as you are or put the original notes ,please.

xoxoxo.

sincerely
S.S

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Vintage Miss Dior EDT
Cultivating style doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a process, and there is a learning curve. I was in my twenties when I understood the value of the perfect red lipstick. Years later, I learned how to choose dresses that highlight my tiny waist and hourglass figure. Later, I discovered that elegant, well made shoes make my legs appear lengthier and that I had to pay more for shoes that didn’t destroy my feet. In time, you learn what works and doesn’t work on your body type. You learn to accentuate some things and to hide others. You learn how to honor your limits and still take chances. Thankfully, geniuses like Christian Dior, Lucien Lelong, and Robert Piguet not only understood the feminine aesthetic, but perfected it, and they brought that same discernment to the world of fragrance.

Although I had collected, worn, and adored vintage fragrances from contemporaries of Dior – Balenciaga, Schiaparelli, Chanel and Patou; and even though some of my true fragrance loves were made by those who trained Dior early in his career and helped him cultivate his iconic style, namely, Robert Piguet and Lucien Lelong, I hesitated to wear Dior. I thought I was not ready for a couture fragrance made by the creator of the New Look - the iconic and impeccable style, the impossibly tiny waists, and the billowy elegant skirts were over my head. One doesn’t simply wake up and decide to wear couture one day, it’s a process.

There is a Taoist saying that when the student is ready, the teacher appears. I could not have worn this beautiful complex fragrance early in life, as I would not have appreciated it. I could not have worn this fragrance before I knew about the complexities and nuances in fragrance. I could not have worn this fragrance without first knowing myself; without knowing what works and doesn’t work on me. Now, I’ve paid my dues, I’ve done the work. I am finally ready.

Luckily, I listened to those who are experienced in such things and took my time to search out a vintage bottle of Miss Dior EDT with the hounds tooth design. My only mistake was testing it out in the summer first. Silly me! This is not a sand and surf fragrance, this is fur coats and scented gloves. I *almost* sold it to a fellow Fragrantican, but luckily, I listened to my intuition, and waited to test it again in cooler weather, and the rest is history. I understand that Dior owned an art gallery prior to opening his couture fashion house, which tells me that he knows how to make women feel like pieces of beautiful art. I know I certainly feel that way in this fragrance. Thank you, Dior.

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

Review on Miss Dior Originale:

Tried this in mid 2013, on paper the smell is so subtle, and quite soapy to my nose. I talked to my husband how lovely this fragrance is. He agreed. (with just a simple nod, in a way as if he's saying: "whatever you think it is...")

Yesterday, (Yeay!) I received this from my husband. Well, I never said I want this on the day we sampled the fragrance, but I thanked him anyway...

wistfulmaiden

Just got this for Christmas, le parfume form. Much prefer this to the Cherie version not so fruity and sweet. Am not sure if it's the original or re formulated but it is one a lot of people seem to like!

mystica
mystica

Pretty much currently available formula:

Lovely! and better than anything else on offer nowadays. Absolutely on my wish list as a chypre lover.

Miss Dior Original is so elegant, so lady like, but not boring or stern, rather motherly, welcoming, and sophisticated.

That's a lovely grandmother scent. And I love our grandmothers' scents way way more than the modern -and most of the time generic- twists on the art of perfumery.

I have a new word for grandmother by the way: grandwoman.

A grand woman perfume!

pronose

the original rules!!!! but the new one is also called miss dior???? go and ask why????? they must be out of names in dior house!!!!!

orez
orez

As a young couple, my parents were far from rich; they both worked hard, paid mortgage and raised two girls, while trying to make ends meet. Spending money on luxuries was out of the question
Yet, one thing was sacred to my father – my mother's birthday – every year on March 6th he would enter the same little perfume shop in down-town Jerusalem and purchase her a big bottle of the iconic Eau de Toilette Chanel No 5, spending much more money than he could probably effort.
…And every March 7th my mother would enter the same little perfume shop and exchange her gift for her truly favorite perfume a bottle of the elegant Miss Dior Eau de Toilette.
My father never know the difference and the discreet sales woman never told him when he came the next year about this repeated affair.

oliseeger
oliseeger

I've received a vintage bottle of Miss Dior today, really, really beautiful and smells great!
It reminds me of CD's Poison but softer and milder. Is this possible??

wistfulmaiden

I never gave this one a look when I was younger as I preferred Miss Dior Cherie and those fruity cocktails but yesterday I tried this(the original formula) and I thought it was a very nice chypre type without being too green or not sweet enough.
I have tried to like chypres like Ysatis but they are too "dry' Miss Dior is floral but not overly-so, and not cloying. Would like to have this for spring.

fiouu
fiouu

Beautiful oakmoss, well concocted, galbanum and bergamot are very present on my skin, feels almost cold, like a wet forest...
Wet dirt and leaves to be precise, but it has a certain cleanliness, and seems dry.
This smells like a shiny armor

Rose Oud
Rose Oud

I love this elegant perfume. Its been my signature perfume ever since I was a teenager. I do think though that it has changed and it doesnt have the longevity it used to have back in the 80s...

Emiserraelli
Emiserraelli

Hi!! i own miss dior cherie edt and i totally love it, i cant believe i cant find it anymore, and my bottle its about to end. Im from argentina and here the perfumes are sooo expensive and we cant find all of them, they're not many. My sister is going to London in the summer and in a web (thefraganceshop) says this perfume its on sale (miss dior originale) i really dont know so im asking here, has really the same notes as this one? thank you so much and sorry for my poor english

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I got this in a swap and was surprised how much Miss Dior Originale resembles Eau Sauvage, from the same Dior house. In fact, I think it is even better than ES, what it is a bit odd for a woman's scent. I don't see it as an old lady frag, but a fragrance very different from the sea of sweet little angles women seem so keen to wear these days. I was going to give it to some of my female collegues but now I am going to keep it for myself. Who knows Miss Dior is closer to the good and old Eau Sauvage? Miss D obviously would make a lovely flanker of ES.

Bajar
Bajar

One of my favourite chypres although we met each other two years ago. I don't know what the first edition was like but the one I own (2005 EdT) is the one I fall in love with at first sniff.
Today I had the chance to find an older bottle from the first years of '90s. It's a different experience. I'm not so good at detecting notes but I can say that if the newer version starts with aldehydes and citrus, the older opens up with a stubborn galbanum that refuses to be blended with oakmoss and the rest wonderful ingredients sooner than five minutes. This version is also crispy and somewhat dry while the newer is more powdery. But the real experience with the '90s version comes 7-8 minutes later;
This girl it is not what you expect to be. She is pretty, rich, well-educated and very stylish but she's also spoilt, hot-tempered and tends to have secrets about her personal life and fantasies in her -not so pink- dreams. I don't know which note creates this dirty effect but I find it really fascinating. I could easily relate this older Miss Dior to Blair Waldorf from Gossip girl.
I don't know if the even older versions are also so dirty or more, but if they are, I'll keep an eye out for a small amount.

Kiku
Kiku

I don't know what it is about the House of Dior but we have never seen perfume eye to eye -- until now. "Miss Dior" is delightful. It is as enchanting as a spring meadow at twilight: light and soft with a cool, soapy undertone that makes it very clean and fresh. It personifies feminine high spirits. By all means add this one to your collection.

stormyla
stormyla

I've never smelled any of the reformulations of this fragrance. In fact up until this year, I hadn't smelled this scent since the late sixties. Back then Diorissimo was my Dior fragrance of choice.

This past winter I acquired an unopened 60-70's era bottle of the extrait. It was love at first whiff! I can't believe that I dismissed this marvelous scent so long ago. It's classy, refined, feminine and intoxicating. It quickly became my favorite daytime "going out" fragrance.

Literally, I had to force myself to wear my other fragrances so as not to use the Dior up all at once. I can't say that the sillage is great, but the scent pleases me immensely. It did have a decent 7+ hours staying power. I am surprised at how fresh smelling this fragrance is. The florals are so perfectly blended and balanced and there is no sharpness at all which is unusual in a fragrance of this type. There is no trace of harshness from the Aldehydes. It truly is a masterly composition.

I have a number of perfumes from the 40's and this one has none of the heaviness or dragon lady qualities that so many of them do. If you ever come across a vintage bottle of this fragrance, take a leap of faith and go for it. This is what perfume is meant to be!!

norlyh
norlyh

The below review of Miss Dior Originale is mine, internet connection issue logged me out as i submitted my comment 'grrr'

I just love this fragrance. The opening is fresh, clean, spirited, green and ever so slightly bitter. As it warms up and dries down the green notes fade but remain supportive in the background as the beautiful soft and powdery floral bouquet comes forward and this lasts all day. I feel so confident when I wear Miss Dior Originale. It has a vintage vibe that is classy and unique. I enjoy almost all of the Miss Dior's despite the many alternative reviews I've read about the line. I dismissed Miss Dior Originale several months ago in search of a different style but I came back to it out of curiosity. I am so glad I did. It has become my most favourite perfume to wear.

boruvka44
boruvka44

I blind-bought Esprit de Parfum Original. I was hoping for more intensity and lasting power, but I am very disappointed and sold it right away.
The beginning smells promising, but it only lasts for about 20 minutes, then it all just fades and fades, within an hour I could barely smell anything from my wrist (sprayed 2 times)
It´s the same case as L´Air du Temps or Van Cleef´s First, those I also like much more in EDT than EDP. EDT version of these perfumes have the significant aromatic strenght I love them for.
I own a mini of the vintage Miss Dior and probably the last version before they renamed it Miss Dior Original. They are slightly different, but the newer one still has the soul of the old Miss Dior. I guess Esprit de Parfum is only worth buying as vintage.

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

This is the fragrance you get if you evenly spliced the DNA from Ma Griff with that of Diorella.

After smelling this I now know the inspiration for Roudnitska's Diorella. At the same time I find what will later become Roudnitska's signature accord of Helional, Patchouli, Eugenol, Hedione & Ionone Alpha.

The best part about it is that Carles signature is powerfully signed as well - that wonderfully green, oakmoss and aldehydic damp/powderiness. It's like walking out into a humid herb garden wearing a nice dusting of lavender powder to keep the perspiration at bay.

This fragrance also does something few perfumes can claim. It gets fresher as it dries down. It might be due to that powdery floral note lingering from just after the opening fade - somehow the florals 'age' and the humid temperature at the opening begins to evolve into a fresh and cooling powdered floral moss with just a touch of aldahydic citrus.

This fragrance has three main stages for me.

The first is the dew heavy floral and melon opening - made heavy with a well balanced benzyl acetate.

The second stage is when that initial ripe freshness fades into something resembling an arranged bouquet of white flowers with herbs and a hint of wonderful earthiness but just a touch - that Roudnitska accord.

It's third stage is a wonderful powder rich floral sketch with waxy leaves turning brittle and dry but still able to hold on to a semblance of their initial fresh picked beauty.

Looking at this I am tempted to think that this is a sketch of the life of a flower - with the beauty of it's life stage attributes accentuated in each consecutive step.

What an absolute joy it was to sniff this one.
This is a wonderfully happy spirited and upbeat perfume. I would gladly wear this - especially in the Spring and Summer and I'm a man!

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

This review is for Miss Dior Esprit de Parfum original, just released at Sephora (most probably a reformulation). I must confess I am highly prejudiced against oakmoss scents because to me they smell somehow mouldy and vintage. I just reared when I smelled it from the bottle. However I decided to do the skin test on my wrist and though the first 15 minutes were rather off-putting because of oakmoss and bitter galmbanum and perhaps the sharpness of aldehydes, the fragrance began to morph into an incredibly warm and nearly sweet perfume. I can smell an indolic jasmine, the creaminess of carnation and gardenia, the warmth of amber, the depth of patchouli.
I can imagine a confident and classy woman wearing Miss Dior Esprit de Parfum. So far I am not sure I will be able to wear this but I truely love it.

lizzie12
lizzie12

I hope Dior read these reviews. This is for Originale. It is NOT the same. It is weak. It is insipid. There are notes missing. It isnot the same fragrance. Dior is ripping off its clientele who love the original Miss Dior. Will never buy it again. So sad.

lottie58
lottie58

Christian Dior considered perfume to be the finishing touch on a dress, according to the So Dior exhibition currently on show at Harrods. Dior saw himself as a perfumer as much as a couturier and launched Miss Dior the same year as he presented his first Haute Couture collection.

He named several of his couture confections 'Miss Dior over the following years, including a dramatic floral creation embroidered with thousands of flowers, from his Spring/Summer 1949 collection. The couturier shared his passion for gardening and flowers with his mother and his favourite flowers were lily of the valley and roses and this dress epitomised his passion for all things floral.

Dior's current Creative Director, Raf Simons, presented his own interpretation of the Miss Dior dress for his first Autumn/Winter 2012 Haute Couture collection for the fashion house. The lovely Natalie Portman wears this white silk organza dress, that is covered in tiny organza squares that shift from white to soft pinks and mauves, for the new Miss Dior campaign. It took the Dior atelier seamstresses 900 hours to make - a real labour of love!

The French atomiser specialist, Maison Marcel Franck, created a clear glass Miss Dior travel spray with an articulated metal pump for Dior in 1949, complete with a leather travel case - oh, to unearth one of those one day!

There's also a bottle of Miss Dior from the 1960's at the exhibition, engraved with the Grimaldi coat of arms, that belonged to Princess Grace of Monaco. It was her signature fragrance.

vanda.fj
vanda.fj

have you ever had a walk in a flower garden in spring?where the light spring breeze carries the scent of the flowers so fresh and so vivid?miss Dior is diffidently that.

freddinos
freddinos

Nothing 'miss' about this one, more of a 'grand dame' to my nose. A chypre in all its glory, you will either love it or hate it. Vintage, old lady and quite sharp. Will not wear outside

tania.sedik
tania.sedik

Great for everyday, my signature.

pronose

the original miss dior rules!!!! but why dior launch a new perfume called miss dior???? worthless try!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

I would wear this classic in a business meeting to project strength instead of Miss Dior (Cherie) which evokes sweetness and youth. The first spritz holds patchouli, oakmoss and bergamot. After an hour, it becomes a skin scent and all I detect is patchouli softened by very faint floral. I like classics but I'm not bowled over by this nor do I find myself loving every whiff. It surprised me that the edp faded so quickly. The Bay Coquitlam had an edp as a tester but only sells the edt -- money would not have been well spent. This scent could be unisex. I love the bottle and almost worth buying just for that but it's a shame not to be able to enjoy the juice to the last drop. Maybe I have better luck with Diorella.

One spray (edp) on me,
Sillage: none, nose-to-wrist
Longevity: about 1 hour

Berlynn
Berlynn

This is a review of the new Miss Dior Originale, I'm still waiting on my vintage. I was a little uneasy about this scent after looking at the notes. Normally aldehydes, and muguet smell horrid on me, but this fragrance is wonderful! It's soft yet strong. It dries down to a velvety powder fragrance that is strangely earthy and mysterious. Miss Dior is a mature and classy and not for the faint of heart. Simply beautiful and elegant.

andjela
andjela

same as coty's pure silk....

Endymion
Endymion

I have good news for fans of the fragrance: it's still available and in production.
Now it's called Miss Dior "Originale" as the box says. I have just discovered it in a drogerie. So I tested it. Man, this is surely a unisex fragrance! Never would have tought that such a fragrance as been considered a female perfume some time ago. For me this is not feminine at all, furthermore it's more on the masculine side.
Verrry green scent. Clean, but not refreshing.

Ps. As it develops it's getting more feminine, however I still would not call it a very feminine fragrance, although I like it.

CatherineB
CatherineB

One of my favourites perfumes. I don't think it's masculine but classy, it's a scent suited for any time and so chic!

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Miss Dior is anything but polite.

In her best formulations she is a 'sharp as a card shark turned killer' perfume, throwing punches like an against the wall gangster in a Golden Age Ballgown by Head, photographed by Horst.

She is the collision of glamour and catastrophe.

A few smacks across the face by a green oakmoss hand in an aldehyde dry-cleaned leather glove goes by way of introduction.

If she then feigns to mellow into iris and rose and hints at sandalwood softness in her heart, beware.

Beware, for this is another of her Oscar-wining transformations, soon enough dirty patchouli, salty amber and wild grass will be back to give you a friction burn of a dry, dry down.

Despite her femme nomenclature. This early doors Bonnie Parker is butch enough to be sure.

A woman should wear it if only she's as happy wearing a holster. And a guy, well he just as to be good with it.

Hell, if anyone calls him, she's been in enough Western's: Miss Dior will be by his side for the shoot out.

MadameCherie
MadameCherie

I am wearing the vintage parfum and it's very different from today's stuff! It goes on sharp, sharp, sharp! Citrus, moss, and the patchouli pretty much comes up right away. I love the roundness of this perfum and how it adapts to my skin. A little bit goes a long way, you don't want to knock people over just push them aside a little. LOL. This scent is bold and I always think of Greta Garbo in a long satin gown whenever I wear it. This is a women's perfum!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Old school chypre with the early Dior signature or leitmotif as I call it. Unfortunately, I hated the top notes of this. Aldehydes, sage and gardenia, really Dior? What a messy combo.

The scent deepened into a more pleasant well balanced chypre but those top notes would not go away and the leather note that appeared later made it worse so I could not wear it. I like some modern chypres but this has a distinct "we are Dior and we will do what we like and you will love it because we are fabulous" tone to it that puts me off my feed in a big way. That saddle is not going on this little mare.

Miss Dior is a vintage style well made scent but far too 1940's for my taste. I will probably like one of the more updated Miss Dior variations better.

I see that some folks have compared Miss Dior to Balmain de Pierre Balmain. The Balmain is a much better scent IMHO and remains so even after the reformulations it has gone through over the years.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

A nice vintage scent. Is absolutely imperial and classy. I agree, it is a queen scent. For someone dominant that seeks for dry scents instead of sweets. Completely different from the Dior's from today. Not better or worse, just different. As you can see from the notes.

This is a very 80's kind of perfume, has a BIG projection. I prefer the new MD since I'm more into the yummy sweet fruity fresh kind of scents. I recommend it for someone mature or a young lady that acts so.

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

Sniffing the vintage bottle of miss dior I get the illusion of an old castle and a queen wearing opulent massive dress in Rococo style. As queens of those times didn't take shower every single day, they were using tons of really STRONG HEAVY perfumes to completely hide thier sweaty smell. So everyone could sense their perfume miles away. Old miss dior probably would be adored by rich ladies of those times.

mimo aulia
mimo aulia

first time i sprayed it, the aldehydes and bergamot smells are too strong, i usually hold my breath for a while so i don't have to smell them, after a while the strong smell become too sweet with jasmine n rose n other smell in the background, and last, i could smell the leather and oakwood.
i don't know, i think it's too sweet but it's not that 'cute' or 'girly' sweet. more like 'grandma' sweet, i think it's too vintage (or old) for anyone younger than 50.
i read a review of this fragrance and it sound so great, that this 'miss dior' has fresh scent in the beginning, then something sweet and soothing in the end... but i really think about my grandma when i smell this...
i think they should rename it 'mrs dior', because 'miss dior' is just waaaay too wrong... (lol, jk)

Hello ThatMakes Scent.

I only wont to said you that this parfum it is so much better for Spring-Summer. Good in Women and Man like Eau Savage by Dior too.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Just received the current Miss Dior EDT Orginale today. I've never tried the vintage.

My first impression as a guy was :

Boucheron Pour Homme
Balmain de Balmain

Lemon Oakmoss Citrus. Somewhat bitter.

Then once I started noticing the patchouli it was Givenchy Gentleman with a creamy base reminding me of yet another scent Lauder for Men.

This to me is a creamy version of Givenchy Gentleman.

I smell lemon patchouli and a little civet. I get no leather out of this.

As a guy I could wear this with no problem. I could pass it off as one of those "very formal" dandy type scents and nobody would notice that it was woman's perfume...no problem.

My problem though has to do with longevity and sillage (if there is any). I do not have that disease that hinders me from smelling a fragrance. I trust my nose. This one goes on strong then in less that 30 minutes fades away into a skin scent. My body temperature has not heated up so I don't know how it will react to heat. However I am not sitting in a cloud of Miss Dior. I am wondering if she is there ! I smell my shirt after 45 minutes and I can smell it but it doesn't radiate.

At the moment I have the bottle neatly placed in the original shipping box ready to be returned to DIOR. The only thing that will not keep me from returning it is an unexpected WAFT of Miss Dior that comes out of no where.

She will have to meet me in bed because I am turning off the lights soon.

juancar_66

I think Dior´s fragances Miss Dior and Eau Savage are unisex parfums because has classic elegance and are not sexys, they have the good romantic power for to traslate in the air a really good mood. For Women and Men this twoo of Miss Dior and Eau Savage (not problems).

juancar_66

I am a man and use Miss Dior in the mornings within problems because it´s fresh elegant and not for seductive women. One man can to use this one with a very few sprays and yes it is posible. I have the good experience. Miss Dior in the air makes magical sensations very good for a woman and posible in a man.

;)

m4rtha
m4rtha

Its nostalgic but at the same time so contemporary.... Girly Girly

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This might be the most horrific perfume I`ve ever smelled.

It smells like a smoker, who hasen`t bathed or even changed clothes in the last days.

Ashtray city! I can`t understand how anyone would wan`t to smell like this.

The only good thing is the pretty looking bottle.

paulie86
paulie86

This perfume will always hold special memories for me I love Miss Dior I bought this when meeting up with my childhood best friend she lives in new york every year on her college internship so it's a treat having someone from home close too me even if it's only for a little while. We we're sitting in the park just relaxing winter just ended so it was still cool outside spring just around the corner she wanted to try my new perfume i just bought. So we sprayed a cloud of Miss Dior right there lol it was if the aldehydes and florals crystallized in the cold air. She smiled and told me it smelled like spring. So we sat there laughing as people would turn and look back to see where this beautiful scent was coming from as they passed our bench.

Miss Dior opens with aldehydes and citrusy green notes from the clary sage and galbanum it's slightly tangy with a sweet powdery undertone. It then dries down to a soft beautiful mossy floral that has a vintage vibe to it. I love this perfume it's suited me through the spring and summer but I think i'll love it in the fall and winter so I can think of that cold day surrounded by good company and a cloud of Miss Dior. The reviews are a little confusing thanks to Dior once again playing the name game the new Miss Dior is Cherie and originale is the classic i've lost so much respect for Dior it used to be my favorite fashion house now everything they do is a joke whether it's the fashion or their marketing ideas they need to leave the fragrances alone.

Zobeide
Zobeide

Miss Dior "Originale"! - Who are you? And what have you done with the real Miss Dior?!?

Miss Dior was my signature scent for years. I say "was"..... A year or two after the birth of my daughter I bought a new bottle, as I had been accustomed to do once or twice a year when the tide was getting low in the frequently used bottle on my shelf. But when I opened it I got a shock... It was not the same.... How could this be? At first I rationalised, "It must be hormonal... pregnancy must have changed my sense of smell" - especially as staff at the Dior counter assured me it had NOT changed. (I was happy to be in denial - always a precursor to grief.) But, now I know better, and my great disappointment has given way to grief and anger.

Progressively, "Miss Dior" has, through repeated reformulations, deteriorated to a pale shadow if it's former self. In the early 1980s one dab in the morning would give moderate sillage for hours and last so well that I could smell it on my skin after going to bed: now it fades to a skin scent within 2-3 hours. And it used to have a challenging complexity - an edge at all stages of it's development - never a "pretty" fragrance, but beautifully orchestrated, multifaceted, and formidable in its "take-no-prisoners" gestalt of sophistication and sensuality.

Now, in a shameless example of bizarre Orwellian double-speak, we're forced to refer to the de-formulated Miss Dior - this insipid, "pretty"-floral-powder-impostor - as "Miss Dior Originale" to distinguish it from a bewildering array of flankers.

Shame on you, Dior, for faintheartedness. Why not admit that the real Miss Dior is dead, and discontinue? Or, better still by far, restore MD "originale" to something that does less dishonour to the true original.

In recent months, having grieved and gained a degree of acceptance of my loss - like a woman widowed early, not yet willing to resign herself to a life without love - I set about the task of searching for another signature fragrance. I haven't found one. Instead, like a widow taking several lovers, knowing that no-one will ever replace the beloved husband she lost, I have discovered several fine fragrances which I now wear with pleasure.

I will NOT stoop to wearing that ghostly, shadowy impostor!

anava33

I am wearing Miss Dior Esprit de Parfum. It is the real and original one!! Amazing!!!

brs
brs

the original perfume is absolutely irresistible, please ladies forget the new one !!!!!

GreyMan
GreyMan

I've liked this perfume for a long time and never bothered with testing it on the skin. But after getting a bottle in a swap, I find it doesn't work for me. If you're interested in a swap, please PM me.

murasakisan
murasakisan

Just put vintage EDT from TPC (my current obsession) on each wrist. It's 1966, my Dad has just come back from a trip overseas. I'm 11, my sister's 13. My Dad brings out the required presents: for each of us a bottle of Miss Dior. We were floored. The beautiful bottle, the black bow, the black and white herringbone "costume" on the bottle were everything chic and Parisian. We gingerly tried the fragrance and loved it right away.

Miss Dior was fresh and sweetly elegant, exactly what we wanted to be when we dressed up. It spoke of pressed collars, A-line swing dresses, patent shoes and pale stockings -- our attempt to look like 99 on "Get Smart." Naturally, we only wore it on special occasions. I'm pretty sure I wore Miss Dior to my junior high dances.

Now it first strikes me as quite strong (green and aldehydic) and a bit old-fashioned. But, unlike so many current perfumes, it starts out strong but then begins to reveal extraordinary complexity, in particular a lovely alluring floral note (the gardenia mixed with rose?). That's my left wrist, the right is sending out a warm, amber/sandalwood note cloaked with powdery softness (the orris root and oakmoss?). You'd think each wrist had on a different EDT!

I tried to find Miss Dior this year for my 14-year-old's birthday. She had become interested in perfume, but of course wanted one of the celebrity scents that mostly are strong gourmand fragrances with little or no complexity. I tested the new version and was just horrified. It had the headache-causing, stomach churning sappy sweetness that seems to permeate the perfume counter these days. Sadly, the beautiful classic herringbone bottle is no more.

I'm not sure I could wear this EDT regularly any more than I might wear a fur coat or long leather gloves. But, if I did, I would probably put it on a few hours before going out to let it develop and use it sparingly. The heart and basenotes of this fragrance are its essence.

sofababe
sofababe

I tested a vintage EdC today and found it awful at first but once it had dried down it was really rather good. I'm going to give the current "Miss Dior Original" a sniff to see if its still the same, but I doubt I'll buy it. For a cologne its done pretty well, I applied to my wrist over 5 hours ago, have washed my hands a couple of times since then and its still detectable. Just.

A week later and I've tested the current Miss Dior (Original) and while I like it better than the older one I tried last week (it doesn't have the sharp opening) it didn't last as well as the EdC. I like it very very much, but I won't buy it.

This chypre fragrance smells too vintage.

A noticeable combination of the galbanum note, the neroli note and the jasmine note is too overpowering and actually not pleasant at all.

I can't say that I like this fragrance. But I would prefer this strict fragrance to girlish and sickly sweet Miss Dior Cherie for sure.

naominose
naominose

This does have an "old fashioned" feel, and though I own several vintage fragrances that I love, there is a sharp tinge to this one that makes it, well, generic "drug store-ey." It also seems to have that mixed berry-like note that so many scents seem to be using lately. Well, it is a bit more complicated than that- there's something interesting and puzzling, but the former two components are so bold that whatever 'mystery' or 'class' imbued by this perfume is too obscured for me.

wbroun
wbroun

Some items of fashion -- the rounded, men's "Eton collar," for example -- come back every few decades or so. Other things -- consider the monocle or Victorian corset -- only come back as self-parody a la Vivienne Westwood. And finally, other things appear once and never do come back, and thus the blessed absence of early-90s harem pants a la MC Hammer.

It's my fond hope and prayer that Miss Dior -- ah, she's a delicate creature -- has come once and will never come again. In short, she smells like dirty socks.

!!
!!

My Grandmother has a bottle of this and I had to spray some on my wrist out of curiosity. Perhaps it's just me, or perhaps her bottle is out of date, but I really think it smells exactly like Kola Kubes.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Miss Dior for me it's like walking in a field on summertime in Provence.
So many odors like rosemary, thym, clary sage, labdanum....
So chic and tender both.
So Christian Dior...
the New Look style in a bottle....

J'ADOOOOOORE !!!!!

mylancome

Don't worry, they still produce and sell the classic, the name just changed into Miss Dior Originale.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

What a nice cypre powdery scent, luxury and timeless fragrance. All the ingerdients are extremely well balanced and they produce elegant warm perfume, which should be worn in colder weather I believe. Not havy, not "loud", but very noticeable and long lasting !

When I smell Miss Dior, I can imagine an elegant independent young or middle-aged women, who knows very well what she wants. She's not old fashioned, actually she's very modern and clever enough to understand, that the fragrance you're wearing shouldn't be a fashion trik for passers-by, but something more.

LOOOVE MISS DIOR !!!

mademoiselle-c

This fragrance and I are very love/hate. I love it at times, at others it makes me want to cringe. It is very soapy and very vintage, which is something I like. This is not a fragrance for everyone. It is a very acquired tasted which I can appreciate but not love. Maybe it too shall grow on me!

mylancome

Review for the Miss Dior Originale: I was surprise it did arrive to Malaysia in such a shot time, spray on my inner arm to get a smell of this old Hollywood style perfume. The opening is the same o' oakmoss, but the drydown was surprise me, smell like Shalimar EDP! From my previous try on Miss Dior at the early of the year, it smell like Sisley Eau Du Soir, not like Shalimar at all! Is this the fault of an old, spoiled tester? Or Dior is messing with its formula again? Peewed!

Edit: My new Chanel No. 5 pure parfum's drydown makes me think of Miss Dior Originale EDT, great! A 40s era luxury.

missymary
missymary

Very much a chypre aldehyde similar to Aromatics Elixir/Diva/le Dix/ Knowing/Youth Dew

The point is to make the wearer feel special, and this is exactly where Miss Dior fails. It lacks the "unmistakeable" quality that each of the others above has. Nobody recognises Miss Dior instantly, it's simply too generic, too copy cat. But it's OK of it's type, and it has decent sillage of the classy kind.

Wearing it now and so much like Ispahan!

carinas
carinas

Tried it on in Saks Fifth Avenue. I was not impressed with it ( I do own a vintage pure parfum of Miss Dior), I preferred Dioressence to Miss Dior, but when I got to the car, my husband was floored, he thinks it's the sexiest, most attractive perfume ever.
Again, I don't get, where people get that old lady perfume idea?
I'm not old, but Miss Dior is definitely on my wish list.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is just ok. It reminds me of something a classy older lady would wear like someone in their 60's. As much as I love the house of Dior it is just not for me. I will stick with Addict!

SakuyaJemJem
SakuyaJemJem

The most vintage perfume in my collection.

I'm not gonna lie, first time I smell this one from the bottle I'm like Eww this is exactly what grandma would wear.
But after I give it a try...BAM! BOOM! POW! it smells soooo gorgeous. I feel like I'm a pretty 40s or 50s child who sitting at the flower shop and have a big popcorn bag in my hands. LOL

LOVE LOVE LOVE

nush imogen
nush imogen

Sweet, but not too much, strong but non-invasive, quite a lovely, girly scent. Personally I think it's a little too safe, almost boring for my taste, but I like it enough :)

ION
ION

"Miss Dior", as I remember her (:)) was a very elegant and clever young lady, truly a delight to be with!
As of today, I have no idea how bad the reformulation has influenced her. I'll feel sad, if it did!
I said it before in an other review, "Coco Mademoiselle" and "Miss Dior" share common spirit, with the former being somehow lighter and more contemporary.
If you ask me however which one I prefer, I'll tell you that the Dior interpretation of the 40's is better!
And you know what? I believe even M. Polge would agree. :)

jtd
jtd

I know it’s the thing to poo-poo reformulations. Reformulation by definition is a negative until proven otherwise. It happens when materials become unavailable, outlawed, or replaced for cost considerations. It has a recent history of leaving us with perfumes that would be better off simply discontinued rather than staying with us as the walking dead. But here’s my guilty pleasure. I like the Miss Dior edt that I bought new in about 2005. It’s mossy, parched dry in a way that only a floral chypre can be, and sharp as a tack. Galbanum and aldehydes for days. Mossy-mossy-mossy. A sweet gardenia tone in an otherwise desiccated blend. A sage note that seems to come from left field. What fun! I imagine that what I have is a version that has had many ‘touch-ups’ (to put it kindly.) But I think that mine is also one of the last iterations with a substantial dose of oakmoss, which makes it virtually an object of fetish among the chypre-conscious.

On the other hand, I also have an edt from probably the late 70s possibly early 80s that I bought still boxed and wrapped for unbelievably cheap on ebay and I must say it is a markedly better-composed scent. Rounded, a dryness with such dimension, buttery florals, definitely more civet and leather. The 2005 version is like an x-ray of the older version. They might as well be completely different scents. (Given the renaming at Dior, I gues they’d be Grandmother Dior and Mrs. Dior.) I think that what appeals to me about the 2005 is that from the galbanum to the aldehydes, to the oakmoss, the materials just shout at you. Sheer volume is much of its appeal. The vintage has far more interesting things to tell you, but she has a conversational tone. There’s room in my life for both of these.

I try not to go too far into that “it ain’t like it used to be, kid” sentiment about reformulation. As a rule, I try not to nurture nostalgia. There are really only two that kill me. The change to the current de Nicolai Odalisque and New York from those I bought in 2006-7 to the ones I sniffed a few weeks ago break my heart. Fortunately I have these two Misses Dior to consider. I could tip either way on a given day. There’s hope!

sofiii
sofiii

Miss Dior starts with aldehyde infused sharp and somewhat clean medicine smell, maybe this is what considered as a chypre in a warm sense. And 2 seconds later, the more sharply-cut cleanness is gone, and what’s left is something really syrup-y and tart but in a patchouli-medicinal-dominant way. It is not sweet in the pop pink sense, but it is so sweet and smoky (think about burnt leaves, but not too dry) in a level which would evoke a lot of dim-raining-day-sitting-beside-the-fireplace nice memories. It is weird, but intriguing and makes me keep on sniffing. It reminds me of old-fashioned medicine, but somehow it’s so naturally presented and doesn’t give me a headache, thus so weirdly welcoming.

Then it smells quite woody, dark, warm, earthy, and full of the goodness of patchouli as if it was a patchouli essential oil with some other decorative notes to soften it. And it stays like this, just gets fainter and more woody-earthy til the end.

Maybe the start of Miss Dior is a bit too much for many of us who are not that used to perfume from the old glamour’s world. However, after the initial blast of ‘oh, it’s a lot…’, I find the mid til dry down really classic and lovely.
Even tho it’s not my style, I still find it’s really worth trying :)

GataBella
GataBella

Phew. This one is Possibly THE most intense perfume I have ever smelled. Much too powdery & pungent upon first spray. I can imagine how 'back then' it may have been a big hit, but I'd say most of the current generation has moved onto a different perfume era. Hence why I can see people saying their grandmothers would wear something like this...

I'm sure the right classy lady, with the right body chemistry could pull off such a scent & ROCK it tho! And If u can, much power to you! :)

krmarich
krmarich

This was a game changer in the 1950s. Dior became the rage in the fashion world and his first perfume launch was wildly popular, grabbing much attention around the world. Today this brilliant classic is all but forgotten.

The composition is dry, elegant and refined. It followed the classic perfume heritage of French tradition and added its own character. The aldehydes took the chypre character to new territory. Oakmoss is very prominent hiding the florals discreetly.

This is Lana Turner-fair, sexy, sophisticated and dripping in diamonds! How could such glamour go out of style?

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I tried a vintage bottle of Miss Dior and I really dislike this perfume.

The aldehydes and sage are too strong initially and it dries down into a powdery musty patchouli scent on me.

For me, this is one of those perfumes that is very much of its own time and it has that 1940's/1950s feel to it. I prefer a cleaner, more modern fragrance than this one.

It's a shame, because it is a classic perfume, and it's one that I wanted to like, but unfortunately I just didn't.

It's a mature scent, which suits older women more than younger ones. Fifty years ago I'm sure that it was a masterpiece of perfumery but now it seems dated.

The good points...it has great sillage and it's extremely long lasting...which are bonuses for those who like it.

It's not for me at all, but I do see it's appeal to those who enjoy this sort of scent.

mylancome

This perfume was named after Christian Dior's sister, indeed is one of the classic.

derkargy
derkargy

It's not a bad fragrance,it's just old-fashioned.It easily could be named "Mrs Dior"!

mademoiselle-c

I do not like this fragrance. I gave it a chance today and I did not like the opening nor the dry down. It is just too soapish for me and too old fashioned (which is something I rarely say). It is not a bad fragrance, just not for me.

-C

Singabera
Singabera

That's the only one love of my life)
It's so natural, so young and intelligent, works perfect with white blouse and high heels.

puppynose
puppynose

Sadly, this does not work on me. Too severe, dry, bitter, but I can sense the complexity. I did a blind buy of a vintage bottle of this. Cute bottle, costly mistake. I realized too late that I could have bought tiny decant to sample from tpc. I recommend sniffing before you buy- this, to me, is serious smelling stuff.

iafar
iafar

my child parfum
if u laiket tray
y by saint lurent but mor spaicey
jan louis sherare mor anmilc and griniar
ma gerref by carven mor powdry.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Or, from the boardroom to the bedroom......

Convict13
Convict13

An absolute classic, this perfume can take you from the boardroom to the restaurant. It just smells of luxury, and yet is never overpowering.

20FourSevenEleven
20FourSevenEleven

I remember this fragance as much as I remember Renee Grau's advertisement - the illustration featuring the gorgeous blonde with the flashy smile and black suit, hands in pockets, oozing CLASS. Memories.....Christian Dior forever.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out with green citrus aldehydes, bitter galbanum, something that smells like petitgrain, and mixed florals, a fresh, sunny, happy springtime scent if ever there was one. Not warm, not cold, just like an early morning that’s still chilly but promising and optimistic. There’s a tiny undercurrent that smells like old-fashioned talcum powder, but it’s just sort of cute, not obnoxious.

Within the first hour the scent warms up and some patchouli slides in where it frolics with the flowers in the sun. Then there’s a lot of patchouli, which I love. It now reminds me of one of my mother’s favorite perfumes that I recognized by smell, not by name. Maybe this is it! I think the sample that I tested must be the new, reformulated version in EdT concentration because it only lasts 3-4 hours before fading away. Now I want to try a vintage version!

mediterranean
mediterranean

There is something motherly about this one.It is the smell of a beautiful middle aged woman, elegantly dressed, wearing pearls in a classical music concert.
She is sorrounded by an aura of peace and efficiency.She has her blonde hair in a French bun, no rings, her hands resting calmy on her knees while she listens.Nobody has come with her because her husband is too busy to attend to frivolous places like that.The concert finishes and she walks back home where her children are sleeping. She opens the door of their bedrooms and kisses them goodnight.Her husband is on the phone as always and when she gets into the study to kiss him and tell him that she is back, he says "I love the way you smell".

poison
poison

Miss Dior…when I smell this wonderful concoction or when I think about it I become immediately melancholic. I am young and I don’t know unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?!) how Miss Dior and other masterpieces of perfumery used to smell when they were created and that is why I feel that nostalgy of not being able to travel back in time and discover some great creations.

Like the “High hopes” song of the band “Pink Floyd” says,” the grass was greener, the light was brighter, the taste was sweeter…”, this is the way we think about old fragrances as well and about the way they used to smell back then when every perfumer was using natural ingredients.
Miss Dior like other old chypres has a special place in my heart and will ever have. The harsh top notes of the fragrance have the power to make young people to stay away from Miss Dior. But a bit of patience can bring a lot of surprises.

Miss Dior is like a mature woman who still is a Miss because no man had the patience to discover how great and sensitive in fact she is and how much she has to offer.
At the beginning it smells very green and aldehydic and chypresque in the same time. After that, it settles down into a very warm and sensual leather chypre.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I would rather say that Miss Dior is a chypre leather fragrance than a floral one.
The sillage is good, rather soft than harsh as in other chypres I know and the longevity is very good.
The bottle, is the symbol of good taste and refinement. One of the most elegant bottles ever created.

Miss Dior has the ability to make for me warmer the Scandinavian winters and to transpose me in another world where people is still romantic and where love and kindness count more than formal stuff and images.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Miss dior is not a miss any more.
She is more like a mature and seducive woman that loves to experiment.
At first it is citrus and spicy ( i don't really like this part).
But then it get soapy and very strong!
After while it leaves you a green feeling like a frash meadow in spring!!
I can't find any connection with Miss dior cherie, but i prefer this one.
IMO it is a classy perfume which can be wearable by younger ages without being annoying.
I'm 22 years old and i grew up with all these sweet-common perfumes, it is really difficult to get used to older fumes.
Miss dior is not my favourite perfume, but still i prefer it from some of the latest creations.

This is gorgeous. Most (all) of the classics have been butchered somewhat for various reason, mostly decided in the boardroom.

Yet Miss Dior is one of those great beauties yet to lose her magic totally. My fiancee wore this today. I swooned.

It and the other classics she collects in both their parfum extrait and eau de toilette/eau de parfum forms suit her personality beautifully; unquestionably a modern woman, she differs from most other women in her age bracket in her love of all things 20s, 30s and 40s. She reads Ayn Rand, smokes, drinks scotch (both in responsibly moderation), makes great conversation, and has this perfect ability bring the prim austerity of vintage styles together with the current vogue for the borrowed and modernised ecclectic look.

And so it was that when I smelled this on her today that I thought it matched her perfectly. It straddles the divide between old and new, as all true classics do. In the parfum form it is intoxicating. It rises from the skin in gentle, soft but rich wafts throughout the day. The eau de toilette with which it was layered lends a lighter but nonetheless day-long auror of Dior goodness. The two together combine to make a richly textured 'enigma'--the sort of perfume that doesn't scream "old lady" like so many feel fragrances of this genre do--the sort of perfume that makes you wonder 'who is that?'

guest_piazza dei signori
guest_piazza dei signori

I have an old bottle with the bonefish style design. It may be slightly altered by the time, it really is still a splendid fragrance. For me represents all the other perfumes, it's like the king of perfumes. A rich, smokey combination that surely flatters most of the women and if i dare to say, it would be suitable by some men too. I have no words other than this isn't a perfume, it's an addiction.

Elfies
Elfies

It is a truly "Gemini" fragrance for me. It has such a variation of moods to it some days I wear it and I love it and others it smells like an old books from the addict for me. I guess this perfume is triggering your moods which is already pretty amazing.

I love the touch of labdanum and leather in it, it gives it a soft settled feeling while on the skin. It is vintage and modern in the same time... a real fun trickster.

perfumoplus

This is a classic and one of my favourite Dior.
As far as I am concerned, it will never be considered as "dated" because a classic is a classic.
Being bought up with Chanel and Givenchy, I added Dior in my mid-twenties and have never regretted in doing so.
A perfume that has stood the test of time must say that good taste in scents is still out there, worn by women who know the real meaning of being chic in the classic sense.

perfumoplus

Hi you ladies, just wanted to let you know that just this week did I discover the unbelievable similarity of Miss Dior and the vintage Yves Rocher Ispahan. Both are favorites of mine, but because the concept of both fragrances do not really look similar, I never made the connection.

To sum it up, if you adore this one and are looking for more in this line of fragrance, you should really try the Ispahan, it's like Miss Dior going out a night downtown!!
Good luck!

ineverwas
ineverwas

I think this perfume will eventually become my signature scent... Every time I need to decide on what scent to wear, this is almost invariably the first choice that comes to mind.

I find myself hopelessly attracted to its vintage aura - the complex yet balanced composition that gives it power and richness without slipping into overwhelming heaviness. The initial bitterness turns into a lovely floral heart, with patchouli and leather undertones. It makes me think of a late summer sunny afternoon, a golden field of wild flowers, pleasant breeze in hair, ivory-white dresses and lace and uninhibited young girls laughing and playing around. Makes me think of a time long gone, like the 1850s or such.

I'm a sucker for everything classy and vintage. It's also the heritage, the history behind this scent that makes it all the more valuable in my eyes. It's the first Dior perfume, launched in 1947 and although overtime they altered the formula a bit, it still retains most of the character that made it a success. The design of the bottle is quite appealing as well, with the thick, frosted glass with a Hound's tooth pattern that reinforces the vintage feeling to it.

Superb fusion of notes, a stylish classic, romantic, great for any season (I especially love it in September). Lasting power is very good, though I still wish it would last much, much longer. I just can't get enough of this :)

Kterhark
Kterhark

(Vintage Parfum review)
Recently I asked my BF what his mother's signature scent was. He said 'miss dior'. Now that i'm trying it myself I suppose this isn't so much a review of the perfume as it is about my mother-in-common-law's taste.

I first met her four years ago when i went to Paris with my BF. This is when I discovered that Parisiennes like to wear scarves, which is a fashion that never took off in Denver. I asked if i could wear one of hers. Halfway down the street I told my BF "ooh, i like this, I want to buy one." He told me it was cashmere. I said, "Let's go see how much they cost." I returned to Denver with no Cashmere scarf.

Miss Dior is cashmere. I didn't care for the opening, which has that 'old lady bathroom' smell going on. The drydown, however, is absolutely gorgeous. I know this word isn't used much in desctibing Miss Dior, but this is just plain 'Pretty'.

The florals are refined, elegant and easily admired. This is THE scent to wear to a crowded party, it's very flattering. I don't get a heavy base here, just a seamless transition to a comforting, respectable conclusion.

Whenever i try a new scent I ask my BF, "What do you think?" He usually says, "You smell like my mother."

Now I can smile at that.

MISS DIOR seems initially to my nose a true chypre but then a huge burst of aldehydes arrives on the scene, dominating to such a degree that I would call this one more of a floral aldehyde than a chypre. I don't know how I went my entire life without becoming acquainted with MISS DIOR, given that I love both floral aldehydes and chypres, but somehow it happened. Perhaps because of my conflicted relationship with DIOR: I loved EAU SVELTE (which they dropped) and I really dislike J'ADORE.

I would say that MISS DIOR is less complex than MADAME ROCHAS or FEMME, less dark than ARPEGE or SUBLIME, less crisp and limpid than WHITE LINEN, less soapy than CALECHE, less green than MA GRIFFE, less funky than DECI DELA, much less foggy than either EAU DU SOIR or MITSOUKO, and less leathery than JOLIE MADAME, KELLY CALECHE or MISS BALMAIN. Although MISS DIOR is reminding me of each of those perfumes in one way or the other, she antedated most of the above, so let's give some credit where credit is due!

I find MISS DIOR less grassy than YVRESSE or BALMAIN or CORIANDRE, but this soft and subtle brown-grassy drydown is still quite appealing to my nose, so I've added MISS DIOR to my wish list, in the hope that we might become better friends.

fanny
fanny

This one is a stayer. From 1982 on I always had a bottle. It is chique, has lots of character and makes you feel quite certain of yourself. Nowadays I prefer just to use the bathing gel together with the bodylotion (in big supplies). It still is very strong, but less sharp and never fails to give me a truly classic feeling!

Thank you Christian Dior.

minty
minty

This scent is my grandmother's signature. She is still using and I think never get rid of this lovely parfume.
When I smelled it, I feel like lying on lots of jasmines. elegant and classy but a little bit heavy. Not suitable for me at all but love it.

Lady Love
Lady Love

I finally have this masterpiece!! and I am absolutely convinced that there are lots of connections between this perfume, Chanel N5 and Shalimar. All three have Patchuli, vetiver and sandalwood and share notes of jasmine, rose and iris.

I'm surprised to see these legendary fragrances of the three most important brands sharing a lot in common.

Miss dior has been reformulated, and for many people lost some magic, but to me smells fantastic. Now I understand why Miss Dior Cherie is the daughter of this fabulous perfume, I can smell in the deep sweetness of Miss dior part of Miss Dior Cherie soul.

Why I like this perfume? Because shares the same allure as shalimar and chanel n5, but doesnt have an aggressive explosion of Citrus notes, is just soft and sweet from the beginning to the end. This fragance is for sophisticated and luxurious ladies no matter their age. The power lasting is very good for and Eau de toilette.

Like a Talc Powder of roses from heaven.. Miss Dior seduces me..

angel73
angel73

Has been reformulated but ever chic !
if you love leather and ralph lauren style this perfume is for you...very impertinent, longlasting, good drydown..don't put too much...
it is the very french touch , elegant and modern.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I LOVE THIS SCENT!!! It is green, oh so green smelling and I love the greens! I actually got a full ounce of pure perfume at a rummage sale for .50 cents! It sprayed on a bit thick but I loved this scent so much that I couldn't get enough of the scent anyway. It made my car smell so NICE! This is and always will be one of my top signatures scents of all time!

I tried this once before, but since being put off by the strong green and aldehydic opening I wasn't eager to try this scent again. However since delving into Dior fragrances recently, I decided upon giving Miss Dior another chance.

Once again I was turned off by this fragrance's opening which hadn't changed since I last tested it, however I waited it out because I wanted to see how this fragrance developed.

I must say that the way this fragrance settles on the skin is divine. When the sharp, almost bitter, grassy like note subsides, I'm left with a delicate, creamy and leathery scent which although slightly dated, has such a vintage charm.

Miss Dior is for the sophisticated lady. She's of the classic, conservative type and she's always emaculately dressed.

This fragrance is strong, but pleasantly so. The lasting strength is fantastic, but then again I wouldn't expect anything different from Dior.

I highly recommend.

pansylady
pansylady

The top-notes are fusty and off-putting- but once the embers died down a little, I found the middle and base notes rather magnetizing-
totally fits the vintage tweed-embossed bottle, which is rather delightful in a retro-way

amelie
amelie

True chypre fragrance, although it is somewhat strong. Starts sharp, but then settles down to a wonderful dry-down. Miss Dior is typical Dior fragrance to me. I like to wear it and I feel good with that fragrance, bitter and super stylish. It is difficult not to recognize it with its original notes that are easy to remember.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Many will not like this and I'm sure that they will run the other way when smelling the topnotes for the very first time.

Miss Dior is hard to describe. It is subtle, mysterious, and mesmerizing, all at the same time.

I managed to procure a bottle of vintage parfum. Its topnotes screeched at me, being high-pitched, green, spicy, powdery, and indiscernible at the same time. A few moments later as the heart of the scent appears, it smells of indistinct powdery white florals and keeps its spicy nature with some herbaceousness. It however moves quickly to the base, in about an hour's time to the most elegant piece de resistance that deserves an ovation. It reminds me a lot of Guerlain's Vol de Nuit EdT (the extrait of VdN is too warm for comparison).

I'm not sure of the real reason why it was named MISS Dior, but I think it is in the way that it represents a younger generation--more daring, the start of a new movement in style and femininity; stronger and more dignified, yet demure. That, is Miss Dior!

CaraMia
CaraMia

I love this scent! It has some exceedingly lovely memories for me as it was my grandmother, yes grandmother's, favorite perfume.

Lest you translate that into "old lady" please remember that when it came out in 1947 she was anything but old. Miss Dior was not marketed to innocent girls in frilly dresses but well-tailored, well-coiffed women with an air of knowing and sophistication.

The scent is a bouquet in a fine, soft, and very new leather glove. It is not a black whip like Bandit or an artificial leather like (IMO) Kelly Caleche. It smells rich and lush and sensual, but in a Rita Hayworth 1940s way it leaves it to the imagination. It is not what some call a "skanky" animalic.

I think it is a cool weather, not cold weather scent. It's going to the florist to pick a lovely arrangement and leaving your best gloves on.

It's something my grandmother would do when ladies wore gloves as an accessory not as a necessity. It's her, in 1947 and much more worldly than I.

Love it but it can feel hard to live up to.

Miss Bloom
Miss Bloom

This scent is beautiful. To me it is worn soft leather. It is so comforting during cold winter evenings or anytime I want to feel buffeted and comforted, but it is in no way heavy. It is light and elegant and not really like anything else I know. Probably the most pure leathery scent I own.
It seems to stay true to its nature the whole way through, slightly mossy and green at first and gently meandering.
I would say this is light enough for summer too, and will probably appeal to the more mature of us.
Exquisite leathery chypre with just a hint of florals to keep it from being too dry.

beloved boo
beloved boo

No words could explain my love for Dior. Feel happy, warm and confident anytime wear it. The scent lasts for so long and some certain moment you can feel it, smoothly, and you slow down to tell yourself that you're beautiful and lucky (with it on your skin)

Very dry and sharply dusty on my skin. It has no appeal or beauty with my chemistry, I'm afraid. Try before buy.

lovely17
lovely17

I LOVE....this perfume....very beautiful n wonderfull n awesome........its when i fell in love with my lover......

elgab89
elgab89

It is Saturday night, intermission at the theater. A lady dressed in a long black leather coat is standing alone unperturbed by the looks of the people around her and smokes languorously from a long cigarette holder.
It is a Grand Lady perfume, the flowers occupy a minimal role in it, definitely Chypres notes, and very profound leathery scent. For some reason I also find it also "smoky" in a very pleasant way.

KalteStern
KalteStern

Spicy and quite rich, but dry as a bone by modern standards and all the better for it - there are very few sweet notes in this, which at frst smell makes it dryer than many aftershaves. Excellent for workwear for that very reason- it may be called 'Miss' Dior but there is nothing giggly or girly about it - one for grown ups

anava33

I was 13 when an aunt gave this perfume to my mother and she gave it to me.
It became my perfume since 1973... This year I bought Miss Dior Cherry for my daughter and I enjoeyd, but Miss Dior is forever!

dolita
dolita

that one reminds me when i was in school my teacher was wearing it everymorning we were knowing her arrival to school from her perfume
its very strong :)

solocha
solocha

I'm fascinated by this fragrance. It is nostalgic, reminds me of someone or something luxurious and clean in my childhood. It is soapy, powdery scent. I guess there might be variations in sale, as the first time I tried the tester in the shop it ddidn't give out exactly the same scent and this second time (maybe old tester, maybe different composition).

Miss Dior by Christian Dior 3.85 out of 5 based on 1014 ratings and 124 user reviews

Beauty Encounter
MISS DIOR CLASSIC for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Christian Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Spray New Scent 30ml 1oz
Christian Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Spray New Scent 30ml 1oz
Miss Dior Originale Perfume by Christian Dior, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
MISS DIOR CLASSIC for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
MISS DIOR CLASSIC for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
MISS DIOR CLASSIC for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
MISS DIOR CLASSIC for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Miss Dior Originale Perfume by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
MISS DIOR CLASSIC for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
MISS DIOR CLASSIC for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Christian Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Spray New Scent 50ml 1.7oz
Christian Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Spray New Scent 50ml 1.7oz
Christian Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Purse Spray Refills New Scent 3x20ml 0.67oz
Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Christian Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Refillable Purse Spray New Scent 3x20ml0.67oz
Christian Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Spray New Scent 100ml 3.4oz
Christian Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Spray New Scent 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Dior Miss Dior Gift Set
Dior Miss Dior Gift Set

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Miss Dior fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior Miss Dior, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Miss Dior by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Miss Dior by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.