Designers » C » Chypre Fruity « Groups

I have it: 2393 I had it: 1317 I want it: 2105 My signature: 98

caramel
savory
cherry
Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Videos Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Videos Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Videos
Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Christian Dior for women Pictures

Dior is introducing a new and charming girl, Miss Dior Cherie. Face of the perfume is Riley Keough, Elvis Presley's oldest granddaughter, and the bottle resembles the one of Miss Dior of 1947. This fragrance, although it features the same basic components like its famous predecessor, is not at all a remake of Miss Dior. Sweet and gourmand notes of pop corns in the heart, so unusual, make this perfume appealing to youngsters. Miss Dior Cherie is young and romantic, she possesses good taste and style, she looks smart, but youth is youth, and this young lady looks pretty with a pop corn bag in hands. The top notes are wild strawberry leaves and green tangerine. The heart features caramel pop corns surrounded by violets, wild strawberry, so strong and seductive and pink jasmine. The base is created of fresh patchouli leaves and crystalline musk.

Miss Dior Cherie was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel.

Mandarin Orange Pineapple Cherry Wild Strawberry

Coco Mademoiselle

Miss Dior Cherie Fragrance Reviews

DW1101
DW1101

Miss Dior Cherie was my first grown up perfume perchase, in addition it was my first signature scent. Originally I loved it. The initial blast of strawberry, caramel, and yummy popcorn was just the right amount of sweet, and a dry-down of jasmine and patchouli that resulted in a lovely feminine fragrance. Miss Dior Cherie is a perfect balance between sophistication and youth, I picture the type of girl who wears this to be bubbly and confident. However, caution, its extrememly powerful and not appropriate for office wear.
I can't speak for the reformulation, as I've never smelled it, but the 2005 version is lovely. I wore it as a signature fragrance for years and, unfortuantly, I've grown out of this fragrance. It no longer appeals to me and I would go so far as to say that I actually dislike it now, which is a shame because I have a half full bottle of it just sitting in my wardrobe.

Alison Wonderland
Alison Wonderland

Such a sweet, fun scent!

Miss Dior Cherie, you are so hard to catch, but once you do its the proverbial butterfly!

All the thanks in the world to Alayna1011, who stopped me from buying a fake on ebay, and pointed me in the right direction of a legit seller! I am now the proud owner of a 1.7 oz bottle ^_^

Its adorable! I can definitely smell the buttered popcorn mixed with fruits and florals. Snap Crackle Pop! Is what I get from this perfume and I love it!

I do wish it was a bit stronger, it can go a bit alcohal-y in the opening, but this fades quickly to reveal the gorgeous notes beneath. This does not leave much of a trail, but it smells amazing when someone is close to you or hugs you (How I discovered this perfume in the first place, hugging my best friend!) I was looking for fun, happy scents this month and I definitely found them in Miss Dior Cherie and Taylor Swift's Made of Starlight.

Next up: Bring on the heavy, dark orientals....;)

*This review is for the 2005 formulation of Miss Dior Cherie*

parrothead58
parrothead58

Love Miss Dior Cherie. Hard to find the real thing anymore!

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

Such a happy, bubbly, fun scent. Honestly, I can't detect much of the alleged "popcorn" note or even much caramel in it. I just smell lots of sweetness and fruit, which is fine by me. I think I'd probably be fine with the 2013 version. However, my BF says he gets the popcorn accord-- he says it adds a sort of dry "roughage" feel to the perfume, and that it is definitely unbuttered popcorn after you first take it out of the microwave. I do believe it most likely adds complexity, depth and contrast to what most would consider a very sweet perfume.

Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night from a bad nightmare, I keep this by my bedside to spray on me or my pillow. It is such a comforting scent to fall asleep to and to soothe yourself after waking up scared. I can also see it being used well for just doing normal, fun activities-- shopping at the mall, going to the movies (obviously! hello, popcorn note!!), and visiting with friends during the day.

And did I mention that the bottle is adorable? LOVE the bow tie around the neck, and the etching on the bottle makes it look so much nicer than the stupid paper sticker on the later versions. ;)

naomikim
naomikim

I love the scent but the silage on me is very poor. I have to put my nose directly on to the area where I sprayed it to be able to feel it. It IS long lasting so I can smell it at the end of the day by sniffing directly on my wrist, but like I said, I cannot feel it throughout the day. :(

EloiseIsMyDog
EloiseIsMyDog

Another impulse purchase. I have tons of remorse purchases in terms of fragrance. The people at Nordstroms can sell anything. I don't like fruity-candy. I never have. I think the free gift with purchase (black Dior box with a snap closure hidden under a flap) was the cheese in the trap.

RhiannonB
RhiannonB

I was given a small bottle of this when I was a young teenager so it was what I would use when I was going out to a fancy dinner or party. I got this out when I started my perfume obsession earlier in the year and was utterly desolate when I learned that it had been discontinued.

Since I only have about 4ml of this left I really want another bottle. I smelt the new Miss Dior at my local department store and it smells nothing like this unique beauty. Miss Dior Cherie is a happy, sparkly, sweet, champagne scent. The opening is slightly fruity with tangerine and pineapple before a gorgeous syrupy strawberry and cherry comes into play. Caramel, popcorn and rose bloom in it's heart before the patchouli and amber take it.

It's light, musky and sweet. I mostly get a strawberry, caramel, patchouli musk and it's so unique. It does have a slightly carnival aspect with the caramel and popcorn. The patchouli tones it down a bit whilst simultaneously making it slightly sexy. I get rose but, thankfully, don't get jasmine.

This is a little bit of everything. Floral. Fruity. Gourmand. Chypre. It's so bubbly and cheerful. It smells like a nice rich girl doing some shopping at a mall. Whenever I wear this is makes me happy. Sillage and longevity are moderate.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Is it blasphemous if I say I like this but I like the current version even better? It's the pineapple/popcorn combo that's keeping my deepest affections at bay...

Cherie is more complex and sweeter than the current incarnation. There's a lot going on here, but it smells well-blended to my nose so the notes lean more towards choir than cacophony.

I know Pretty Petals has been suggested many times as a dupe, but I have a bottle of that (that I'll probably soon get rid of) and while it's cute, it's brash and immature by comparison. It doesn't have the subtlety and smoothness of Cherie even though the drydowns are similar. And it definitely doesn't have those top notes that smell like a fairground.

jennibean

This scent is everchanging on me. Somedays I smell popcorn, somedays I smell cologne, somedays I smell like I got doused with champane. But allllll is a good way! So different and amazing to layer with cheaper, overly sweet scents like pink sugar & BS Fantasy line.

perfumecrazy_x
perfumecrazy_x

It's ok.... Something in it I don't like strong sweet but not in a good way. It's just not for me though it's wearable I'd mostly reach for it when I just get out of the shower

meroo
meroo

I review this one based on smelling it on my girlfriend. I usually am not so into Jasmine so when it gets into the base note it's a bit too jasmine for me but the musk smells very nice.
It's very popular and many girls wear it so I smell my girlfriend everywhere even when she is not around!! that's a negative thing about women fragrances in general and this one in particular.

It lasts long and it has good silage.

Score 6.5/10

jt, too
jt, too

I wore the original Miss Dior in the 1980s. It was very delicate and feminine with fresh green and floral notes. Miss Dior Cherie smells like a candy shoppe--very sickly sweet and sticky smelling. Personally, I do not want to smell like a candy shoppe, but for those who do, Cherie will give you what you want.

Dior has reformulated Miss Dior again. This time they have called it Miss Dior Le Parfum, and I must say I like it so much better. The new formulation is a sophisticated, sexy, womanly scent. The Le Parfum formulation is nothing like the original however. Le Parfum cannot be described as delicate, but it is still very nice, very long lasting with a sillage of easily three to five feet.

serenitylola
serenitylola

Miss Dior Cherie old formulation is my one of the best gourmand scents ever created. I smell the strawberry and delicious caramel popcorn = Juicy gourmand! Everytime I open my perfume shelf, I will have a sniff of this and gotta use my 3.4 oz bottle sparingly!
MDC is lovely during spring/summer as it is a refreshing-gourmand.
I want this forever!

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

I can feel the strawberry, caramel and popcorn! A sweet fragrance for fall and winter.
Is nice but not extraordinary. Actually I expected to be more gourmet, but it is a bit synthetic because of the strawberrie scent.
Is the "rich girl fragrance".

nenajbg9
nenajbg9

I believe I have the original 2005 formula in a big bottle, the bottle matches the appearance of the original design (square, 'Miss Dior Cherie' in silver etching on the front, no sticker, cap with silver plastic bow and 'CD' on top, houndstooth design in glass on the bottom) but there does not appear to be any 4-digit batch code on the back; maybe it rubbed off? the scent smells legit, and was purchased from a trusted seller on ebay, but it came without a box and if it's a knock off, it's a pretty darn good one... any opinions? thanks!

roseau
roseau

Miss Dior Cherie is a real bomb made up of caries inducing sugared fruit. Shortly after application I can clearly detect strawberry, pineapple and cherry notes. After a few minutes, this syrupy blast is followed by floral notes of a synthetic jasmine, in which this fragrance exudes its typical Zero Years’ silly and trivial floral-fruitness. A clean french rose almost succumbs, overwhelmed by a sticky, caramel-like flood. Zesty notes fade away soon, quite unnoticed. Heart notes, after about 10 minutes, combine the flowers with warm sweet caramel, and a warm, heavy smell of sugared popcorn. It reminds me of an overcrowded cinema, full of teen agers with blemished skin, cheap deodorants sprayed directly under their sweaty armpits, picking pre-ovened pop corn from huge paper bags on a foggy Sunday afternoon.
The base notes of this hellish stuff consists of caramel popcorn notes; however, MDC might change, displaying a little patchouli and some white musk and amber at the end.
Nevertheless, I find that it is not a special fragrance at all…it lacks of a “recognition factor”, or even typical of Dior. It may be easily confused with zillions of floral-fruity frags,: in fact, you might assume that MDC is a cheap perfume , for that certain something I cannot easily explain here, and it also turns popcorn and caramel notes in a sugar frosted mess.
I apologize with Dior lovers for such a daunting opinion, but I would not ever buy it for myself .
But it's all a matter of taste .

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

What Dior has done to this is heartbreaking. I suspect it has something to do with the firing of John Galliano, which would explain why they've discontinued Midnight Poison as well, they were both created under his direction.

To describe this fragrance in a word: charming. A chypre for the modern young lady, the warm musky patchouli-caramel base anchoring the bright sunny fruits. It looks a little weird on paper but it is delightful, it reminds me of a springtime carnival. Call me crazy, but it reminds me of a lighter, sweeter, less "adult" Angel by Mugler with the gourmand patchouli thing. Of course it doesn't pack as much of a punch as Angel. This is perfection for a young girl just getting into "real" perfume, totally cute and charming yet still ladylike. Sad what they have done to this.

The new Miss Dior is beautiful as well and still pretty similar to me but there's none of that strawberry/caramel/popcorn goodness that made the original so unique and delicious.

Daphne du Maurier
Daphne du Maurier

I didn't realize I had this coveted version until I deciphered my bottle's batch code (thanks Pink Ruffles and Butterbean). I can't pick apart the notes the way everyone else seems to, and the only thing I definitely detect is patchouli...to my nose this frag is an enjoyable mess.

Let me explain: I once had a big fancy pastry instructor who taught us that if you're in doubt about how to flavour your cake, go to your freezer and take out one of everything you have. Make your cake about 10 skinny layers high, with no two layers or fillings the same flavour: astringent fruities, chocolates, vanilla, caramel - it's all going in there. This, he told us confidentially, as we constructed one of these cakes for the school's owner, would create such a clashing chaos in one's mouth that the tastebuds would go into overload and the flavour would register in the eater's brain simply as something punchy and pleasant but not quite identifiable. He was right, and the sensation I had eating the scraps of that cake was similar to the one I now have smelling MDC 2005.

I don't wear this very often, but I'm glad to have it as an occasional pick-me-up...gutsy, boozy, and brazen. Juvenile? Ha! Well, maybe by today's standards.

dangi
dangi

My 2008 bottle of Miss Dior Cherie was stolen (full bottle in box) and I actually cried right there in the Shoppers Drug Mart when I was told it had been discontinued. That weekend, I happened to find it out of blind luck at another Shopper's (2009 bottle) and then decided I needed another bottle to last me the next 20 years or so (and as a back up in case it got stolen again!). I was completely obsessed with finding another one, and one that was NOT the 2010 reformulated one (yes it was reformulated in 2010 as I smelled a 2010 batch code side by side with the 2009 and it's different!)called over 60 different stores asking the poor salesperson on the phone for batch codes on the bottle and FINALLY I found one. AND it was the original 2005 version (with the gold writing on the glass-2007 batch code). Can you imagine it had been sitting on their shelf for 7 years!! I now have that one in my safe deposit box at the bank!!! That's how much I love this perfume! Anyway, moral of the story is, if you love something enough and you keep trying, you will find it!
My new second fave, that apparently just came out this year, is Signorina Eleganza by Salvatore Ferragamo. If you love Cherie and can't get a bottle I think you'd really like this scent! To me it's like a combination of Cherie and Fendi from the early 90's. It really is giving my Cherie a run for her money!

Dunjica77
Dunjica77

This is such a masterpiece! I managed to get my hands on a mini and I`m treating it like pure gold. I don`t think I will be wearing it at all, I will just keep it and smell from time to time. I get the wild strawberries and subtle tickle of popcorn and sweet buttery caramel. Whoever came up with this scent is pure genius! Have no idea why Dior discontinued it, but there must be some story behind it, because no one in their right mind would just axe such a wonderful and beloved scent and ignore the outcry from the customers to bring it back. I can only hope to be able to chase down a bottle somehow, but I am slowly losing hope...:(

florianna88
florianna88

I agree, the reformulation is heartbreaking. The original was amazing. I don't usually like gourmand but this one smells very nice on me. I wanted to buy another bottle as I only have a few sprays left, but the reformulated version is horrible. It smells too strong and none at all like the original.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

Reading about the reformulation is heartbreaking. I have a mini EDT and it is nothing like the pineapple and strawberry caramel corn confection of its former glory. In fact, I do not even get any of the listed floral notes. My version of MDC is neither foody nor fruity. It is a sharp pink floral with a weak patchouli backdrop. I guess I can find a little jasmine in there but as a gourmand gal, it pains me to think of how awesome this would have been pre-2005.

lirael00
lirael00

A very cheerful fragrance. Always puts a smile on my face even though it's been a few years since I last owned a bottle of Miss Cherie. Patchouli definetly gives this perfume warmth when popcorn and caramel add the sweetness. The longevity is great too. What can I say other than that it's completely adorable.

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

This review is for the original, 2005, pre-reformulation version.
Simply DELICIOUS!! What a gourmand masterpiece!! The symphony of flavors makes my mouth water and I can't stop sniffing myself ~ Today it will be almost 65 degrees here and this is the PERFECT Springtime fragrance. It is juicy, savory, sweet, floral, powdery, fresh & FABULOUS!!!!
This was sooo worth the hunt. I pick up my heavy crystal flacon and know that no expense was spared, in formulation or packaging. A little info to help with your search ~ My bottle has the "Miss Dior Cherie" label etched in silver leaf on the front of the bottle along with "eau de parfum". The houndstooth pattern is carved into the glass on the bottom. The batch code, 7K03, is lasered onto the glass on the back of the bottle towards the bottom, just left of center. The silver bow around the neck f the cap is made of a hard "plastic-y" ceramic-like material and is solid, not flexible. The juice is a pale peachy-pink color.
Gosh, i love this stuff!!! It makes me feel young and playful..girly and very feminine.
The opening is fruity and luscious, very gourmand and sweet. I can smell the cherries and the pineapple most prominently. As it dries theres a bit of floral and powder in the heart as well as the savory sweetness of the caramel and salty popcorn playing off one another. This perfume is FUN! It brings out the joyful, playful, sweet gal in me. i wore this to my niece's 6th birthday party yesterday and it seemed so festive and perfect for the occasion I got tons of compliments on how absolutely divine I smelled. I sprayed a generous amount (4 healthy spritzes) and it lasted from 3:00pm till this morning when i woke up at 6:30am it was still going....and pretty strongly too! The sillage is perfect, you leave a yummy scented trail following 2 feet behind and everyone in your wake wants to know what that incredible scent is. It's unique; like I said....so worth the hunt! I completely agree with others here who have written to Dior to request the original formula be brought back!! I feel the the 2005 version is the blueprint they should stick to and stop messing with the recipe!! Why do they?? It's not like there is any banned ingredients in it like oakmoss or musk from an endangered species. Aahhh, well, c'est la vie, such a shame too that this is not more readily available all to try and enjoy. I feel so lucky to have a bottle, I treasure mine and plan to make it last as long as I can!!

Allyfally
Allyfally

Finally got to try this.

I have to say, I hated it at first. It was way too strong and I didn't notice any of the sweetness everyone talks about. But now that its dried down, its a lot softer and sweeter. I keep sniffing where I sprayed it now. Its sweet, but not candy-sweet. Definitely feel like a grown woman wearing this.

I do really like it, but I feel like its going to give me a headache, which is quite sad.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I find this perfume luscious and . I fell in love with it right on my trip to Paris about 2 years ago. When I came back I looked for it in the mall but couldn't find it. I found it online, on Strawberrynet and decided to buy it. Never dissapointed me.

ralphrazaq
ralphrazaq

I didn't enjoy the caramel scents, too strong, too sweet when i first sniff it. But when i gave it a try, it blows me away..i like it ever since :). I find it long lasting too.

Sevenupcake
Sevenupcake

My first expensive purchase was the full set of Miss Dior Cherie in 2005. I simple adore this perfume and recently purchased a bottle on eBay with two other 2013 Miss Dior in a full lot. When I opened the package the scent took me back to 2005.Once again I can experience the buttery, fruity , light, feminine scent of Miss Dior Cherie!

chrissyc15

Taking kitsunemagic's suggestion and just emailed this to Dior's fragrance customer service.

"Please bring back the ORIGINAL Miss Dior Cherie (2005 version) fragrance. It is truly loved and missed! I am tired of having to fish around for it on eBay and running the risk of purchasing a fake. It's yummy caramel, salty popcorn, strawberry, rose, powdery iris, romantic jasmine, and patchouli was so young, fresh, and yet sophisticated. The reformulation of it smells synthetic and cloned to fit todays market instead of catering to the wants of your customers. If you do not believe me, check out the reviews for it on fragrance websites such as Fragrantica. Please show us that Dior truly cares about it's customers opinions and not just profit! PLEASE BRING MISS DIOR CHERIE (2005 version) BACK!"

Maybe we should all write to them and get it brought back!!!

Update: Dior actually emailed me back regarding this.... "Hello,
We welcome your feedback and comments on our Fragrances. Miss Dior Cherie has been discontinued. It has been replaced by "Miss Dior". The Eau De Parfum scent has been enhanced and is a different scent. However, you may want to consider the Miss Dior Eau De Toilette which has not been enhanced and is similiar to Miss Dior Cherie. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank You for contacting Dior Beauty."
Dior Beauty Customer Service, TH"

I want to email them back and go...... "Nooooo!!!! It does not have the some yummy buttery caramel popcorn goodness that the original had!"

Money hungry corporate America!

beauty_girl

To all of you who like or love this version, try Oriens by Van Cleef & Arpels. It smells EXACTLY the same!!!

hedikukk
hedikukk

Huge disappointment. I thought it would be a princess scent but all i got was a prince. Way too masculine.

Beef1
Beef1

I had a sample from this but I didn't like it. This smells too masculine on me, not fruity at all as I thought it would :(

kitsunemagic

We Should all write to Dior or create a petition that they should bring this scent with the popcorn and caramel back!!!!! I'm so tired of fishing around for it on eBay! I want us all to enjoy the buttery sweet goodness!

Hunny_Bunny09
Hunny_Bunny09

Oh My love... I will love you forever even If I can't find you anymore...
My favorite parfum ever!

Yay me
Yay me

The queen of all :)))))))))

chrissyc15

I just purchased the original (pre-2011 reformulation)l version according to the batch number on the bottle. This has automatically skyrocketed to the TOP of my LOVE list!

The first blast of it was VERY questionable! I was in the car and had to roll the window down in 28 degree weather! The strong blast of patchouli, citrus and cherry was completely overwhelming! However, 10 minutes later I walked in to order my food at Jason's deli and smelled a BEAUTIFUL scent that made me ask the young lady behind the counter what she was wearing. She replied "'nothing".... then I realize... IT WAS ME!!!! YUMMY! The warm strawberries, caramels, and VERY SLIGHT hint of salty popcorn mixed with the patchouli and citrus to create a delicious blanket of sophistication! It ALMOST reminds me of Bond No 9 I love NY for Her in that they both have sweet sophistication written all over them!

I have been looking high and low for sweet scent that did not scream teenager, but did not smell like something my mother or grandmother would wear. MD Cherie is DEFINITELY that! I just ordered another bottle of it off eBay. I am DEFINITELY stocking up on this beauty!!!!!

katiebisme
katiebisme

@cathieh.....I read somewhere that the older version had the words "etched " onto the bottle and it resembles the above picture, whereas the newer version had a pasted-on label. Hopefully someone will come along who can verify whether this is correct or not :)

CathieH
CathieH

I had the opportunity to buy Miss Dior Cherie at a great price, it was all still wrapped up in its cellophane but box is a little worn. It's a blind-buy for me but at such a good price I thought - why not? How do I tell if I have the 2005 version or the 2011 version. Thank you.

UPDATE: I was lucky enough to get this on ebay for $40 Australian 100 mL which is really good. Because it was so cheap I asked the seller was it authentic and she was honest enough to say she didn't know (it was all sealed up) and I thought okay I'll get it anyway and I'm sure it is the real deal and the 2005 version. @katiebisme was kind enough to give me one tip about identifying authenticity if anyone has any other criteria that would make it original I would be happy to hear. The box was a bit battered, I'm thinking if it was a copy it would be in pristine condition. It has a houndstooth pattern on the top and sides of the box as well as on the bottom of the bottle.

But...this may all be wishful thinking, another member may say something that will burst my bubble.

The bottom line is it's smells beautiful I haven't had enough time yet to identify what's going on in it. Thanks

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

the beginning is indeed feminine but give it 2 hours and the fragrance would smell great on a guy...i speak as a straight guy but i say this for only original version..something in the drydown reminds me of the quality of well-constructed fragrances from 80s and early 90s...my bottle is from January 2007

ledavis727
ledavis727

This review is for the pre-2011 version, before the reformulation.
What can I say about this perfume that hasn't been said before? It really is a one-of-a-kind scent that is hard to find nowadays. Luckily I found someone who was selling a bottle from 2006, and so I got to have this masterpiece in my collection once again. As soon as you spray it, you get an immediate blast of wild strawberries, caramel, and buttery popcorn. The patchouli is more of a background player at first but then as the scent begins to dry and dissapate I can smell it more. It's so rich, so playful.. Any time I need a lift in my day I reach for this perfume. It can be worn day or night, and in any season. I don't understand why they reformulated this masterpiece.. I have a friend who is in love with the new Miss Dior Cherie and while it is a nice scent, it just doesn't have the same WOW!!!! factor that the original version has! It isn't trying to be something that it's not.. Yes, it is sophisticated, elegant.. but it is also young and carefree, dancing through life.

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

Oh dear Christine Nagel...
if Dior wouldn't want to bring this wonderful creation of yours, you can make your own brand, your name on the label, I'd surely buy...

YogaRose
YogaRose

Why would they stop making Miss Dior Cherie??? Such a beautiful memorable fragrance?
I was lucky to have brought a $35 tester at a local shop in 2008. Now what's supposed to be reformulated, highly commercialized, and similar, "Miss Dior Eau de Toilette" is just not the same and too far fetched of a price when this version had more heart and soul to it.

delikate
delikate

This smells great. Sweet, floral, a little powdery....yet I'll never be able to afford it because it's expensive.

Not for the peasants.

CozyCat

On me, this fragrance performs best in temperatures between 10°C(50°F) and 20°C(70°F). That's late fall and winter months here in the heart of the Middle East. For some reason, when temperatures are higher, MDC dries down to an almost BO-ish musk, so I only get to enjoy this scent for about 4 months a year. Like now. It's gorgeous. So lively, joyful, warm, lush and juicy. Strawberry jam, thick caramel, clean green patchoulli, juicy oranges and a hint of really good soap. Classy, rich, feminine, bubbly. I consider MDC my fall-winter signature. Oh, and I just love, love, love the scent that lingers on my scarves and coats for days after I've sprayed it on.

Note: If you're expecting this to be a sugary/edible/gourmand smelling sort of fragrance, you're going to be disappointed. But you might enjoy this if you like Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle (or other 'modern chypres' like Chance or Oriens), this is its happier, fruitier, juicier, sweeter, more interesting sister. I much prefer MDC over CM, eventhough CM is more 'grown up' and has a less musky base (which many may prefer).

Steph1323201
Steph1323201

This perfume made me sick to my stomach, crazy thing is I do enjoy sweet fragrances, but not this one! YUK! For some reason it reminds me of Sunflowers perfume from the 90's and I never liked that one either. I'm not sure what it is about it that I find so horrible, but it's probably just the way all of the sweet notes blend. Thumbs down from me.

neo_xx
neo_xx

I don't see why would Dior discontinue such a lovely fragrance , and might be if not the best offering from them to the ladies..

dior , just bring it back!

muneerah
muneerah

My love I wish I can find you...

beauty_girl

Smells exactly like Oriens by Van Cleef & Arpels!
I had both and dont like any of them.

GMK
GMK

So intriguing and fascinating , Very Lively , fruity sweet and smooth, probably focused on the teenage clientele and perfect for young girls, not very complex like Hypnotic Poison or some other Dior classic scents but definitely very good stuff, the prestigious brand maintains its reputation.

Lovely stuff.

stellamarinaa
stellamarinaa

At first spritz I was a bit overwhelmed by the sweetness of cherry and caramel and thought that this could not suit a woman over 20 years old,but you wait 5 minutes long and the mix of patchouli, mandarine, amber works, bringing a sophisticated (Dior class) though still young smell. I decided this will be my winter, early spring fragrance, because I find it too sweet for hot weather.

MISSVENUSIAN
MISSVENUSIAN

I really really wish this was still around :( tragik really.
Gosh, i remember when i was 15 feeling so glamorous wearing my first Christian Dior perfume.
I bought the Walgreens version in hopes it would be the same but it couldn't compare.
Well fare well Miss Dior Cherie, you'll live on in my memories.

YOurs Truly,
Miss Venusian
XxOOXo =P

BrittneyN

I think a lot of the reviews on here are for the 2011 version, because this version was discontinued years ago, and is sadly not around anymore. For those of us who had the original 2005 version it was pure heaven. I loved it. I wish I could find it again, or better yet Dior would relaunch the original version again. I am not a fan of the latest version, the original was so unique and special, I will always long for it!

Jelenaa
Jelenaa

I am soooo in love with this perfume! Perfect,elegant,soft... The notes are wonderful! I can mostly smell patchouli and caramel. A big thumb up!

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

The champagne-like quality of this fragrance, which everyone seems to love, bothers me. I like the drink, but now and again I get an odd aftertaste from white grapes or white wine and bubblies, and this scent reminds me of that. I have the same issue with Rhea, which is a somewhat cult fragrance by Brazilian brand O Boticário, now discontinued.

CozyCat

Tart oranges, juicy strawberries, sunny pineapple, chewy caramel candy, rich patchouli and a deep, soapy musk. A heady mixture of all that is what I get on me. It smells classy, feminine, aristocratic, but also cheerful, optimistic, bubbly and full of life. It's like someone took Coco Mademoiselle EDP, then stuffed in a big old rainbow and sprinkled colorful candy hearts into it. It's not an edible smelling gourmand perfume at all, there's a deep soapy green/woodsy nuance in it underneath all the fruits and syrup that gives MDC a more classic feel. and places it under the 'chypre' umbrella, albeit a young, fruity, modern one. I don't think it's just for 20-something women, I can see this scent totally working on a lively, outgoing 30 or 40 something woman. I can't see this scent on those quiet, serious, shy types though, whatever the age, it will wear them and just take over, and no one wants that to happen. I don't get pop corn on me, and I'm glad (and mine is definitely the old version, I checked the batch number on my bottle). The dry-down is a little tricky on me, that musk-patch combo tends to smell musty, especially in warmer weather, though it smells great all the way through when it's colder. So this is definitely a fall-winter scent for me. Not sexy, but very alluring, sweet and attractive. I have been told by my relatives and friends that I should make this scent my signature and wear it all the time. I do love it, and often I feel like this fragrance is very 'me'...the problem is that it is a strong fragrance with a patchouli note that I'm not always in the mood for, particularly when the weather is warmer.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I just realized this one and to a lesser degree, Miss Dior, remind me of Chance by Chanel, very sweet/red fruit and patchouli. I like all three fragrances but of the three I think I like original Miss Dior. And probably in a few more years, I will like Coco better than all these lol.

clare_alana
clare_alana

One of my favorite perfumes :) Nice & tart upon initial opening, then mellows down into this gorgeous gourmand wild strawberry warm fragrance. A classic and flirty perfume whilst still retaining so much sophistication and charm. I think this is truly the ultimate girl's girl perfume xo

picisziv
picisziv

They say you never forget your first love. The first time I fell in love with a perfume was with Miss Dior Chérie, the original version. I wanted to like this based on good reviews and when I finally tested it I didn't have to try too hard, I just knew I adore Miss Chérie.

The first time I put this on my wrist I met some friends and went to the movies to see the new Twilight movie, New moon I recall... all I remember is that I simply could not stop myself from sniffing and sniffing my jumper and myself. Heavenly it was...

Chérie,I have so much to be thankful for... MDC was my first serious scent, my first signature, my first step in the quality perfume world. I promised myself I won't complain about Dior's reformulations and new versions, cause this review is only to praise MDC, though it makes me miserable to lose such a masterpiece to some mere shadow of it as no other can compare to it.

Chérie is often claimed to be youngful, cheerful, flirty and fun and this is entirely true. Though most forget to mention the other side of her personality. Chérie is intimate, fond, bright, inviting, her smile is gorgeous, to be near her is to love her and you honestly can't tell for sure but you suspect that she probably knows what feelings she brings out of people. Most of the dearest memories of my youngster years I share with Chérie.

Over the years I've had many many different perfumes, my taste in scents changed a lot. And even now I can't imagine a day I won't love Miss Dior Chérie

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

This one is what i've been looking for. The one with caramel and popcorn notes... unfortunately what I always see is the new one with white laber and they are not the same.

momsilva
momsilva

This not quite a review but more of a doubt. Some years back i've tried Miss Dior Cherie in a perfume store. I remember clearly the unforgetable scent: the sweetness of caramilised popcorn! Yummi... I've forgot about that and did not purchase the perfume at that time. After reading some reviews, i was able to find a supposedly 2005 version. A perfume bottle with no white label in which the silver lettering "Miss Dior Cherie" is inscripted in the bottle. The thing is i bought this perfume in an online perfume store and the batch number near the ingredients marks 01669/A. Also in checkcosmetic.net the search engine returns the information the vial is dated from March, 2005. Nevertheless, there is no sweet candy popcorn smell in here, just plain fruity-floral-patchouli scent quite similar to Coco Mademoiselle. Anyone else had this experience?

quinni
quinni

loveeeeeee it...the best perfume gift i ever got!!!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I got a sample of this and did not expect to like it at all.. first I dont like chypes and I hate the smell of popcorn.

I dont know if I got the real deal in my sample but I love this. It's a fruity floral with maybe a touch of caramel. I dont get anything green or any popcorn like smell. It has mild sillage and average length on me.

================
I checked other reviews on this on another site and It said the popcorn was dropped in the reformulated version.. Also someone said that 'if this is chypre than twinkies must be health food" I had to laugh but it makes me believe my sample is real..

kayraven
kayraven

At first I loved this fragrance, it felt very warm youthfully flirty sexy and appealing, however, with time it became too fruity sweet for me and this is exactly the types of scents I dislike. The only reason I sticked to this is that I did get compliments on this scent. It's a fusion of green tangerine, strawberry leaves, violet, pink jasmine, wild strawberry, caramel pop corn, patchouli, mandarine, crystalline musk and strawberry sorbet. I also dislike the chunky bow on the bottle and the attitude of the fragrance seems too girly for me, but I still might consider repurchasing.

saraghazii
saraghazii

I dont know why I dont like it!
I decided I'd only wear it in the winter... it has this sticky caramel smell about it... that makes me nauseas ...
its kinda too sweet..but maybe thats just me

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I purchased a bottle of this from a German seller. I know this probably wouldn't be a favourite for me. There is, yet again, too much patchouli- my skin just loves to bring this least favourite ingredient of mine out so loudly. It doesn't smell 'young' at all on me. I can't smell anything except patchouli, tobacco, and car air freshener. I bought this perfume because the rest of the ingredients sounded great, but the patchouli just ruins the whole fragrance (at least, on me). I should really stop buying perfumes without smelling them first! :(

thunguyen
thunguyen

So good. Wild Strawberry, caramel, pineapple, little mandarin orange, violet and at the end is similar, cute, light, sweet. It's ok.

maemaeri
maemaeri

I was lucky enough to buy the original Miss Dior Cherie before the reformulation fiasco. This fragrance is the definition of girly and flirty. The strawberry note is very strong and it is very heavy on the citrus when combined with my body chemistry.

The bottle is simple and adorable. The scent itself is loved by everyone who smelled it on me. Although, after a while, it gave me a headache which is why I don't recommend spraying too much. Longevity is good (about 4 hours at most).

beauty_girl

Smells exactly like "Oriens" by Van Cleef and Arpels. Try that one if you love this.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I've had this sweet little gem sitting here all this time and did not realize this is the old formula. I have not smelled the newer version so I can't compare the two however I adore this and I need to crack it out and start wearing again. I swear it smells identical to Pretty Petals as shown above. I have the two here and if you blindfolded me and I did not know which was sprayed I could not tell the difference.

So after I posted this I decided to do the skin test. Pretty Petals on the left arm and Miss Dior Cherie on the right. One hour in the Dior arm has faded however Pretty Petals is going strong - how can a $7.99 bottle of cheap juice out perform my 2005 original Cherie?

MsGoody2Shoes
MsGoody2Shoes

I feel like we need to petition Dior to bring back this scent! I am convinced it will complete me in every way possible

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

A scent that is young, full of life, fun, but classy.

It leaves a pleasant trail, and does make one think of Paris and a wander through Montmarte in Spring time. I think the original formulation was a lot nicer - it carried better, and its sweetness worked, whereas now it goes somewhere else, like most fragrances, to patchouli, or sandalwood, not too sure. Dior messed with a good thing.

Still, it holds the merits of the older formulation in places, and if you like sweet, girly, classy fragrances, this is for you. It's romantic.

PrettyFieldsOfFlowers
PrettyFieldsOfFlowers

If I have to kill somebody to get this perfume,I will.

BrittneyN

This is my favorite perfume. I just love it, I bought 3 bottles before it got discontinued, & now I am on the last bottle which I use it only sparingly. I can only hope to find it again when I run out. PLEASE DIOR bring this formulation back, it is such a unique and fun scent.

saintleegray
saintleegray

I've had this a short time and might call it a youthful scent, but not a "cute" one. It's sweet and savory at the same time, it has a depth. It's more fun than anything, yet could easily be worn at night. It smells sweet when I first spray, as it develops, it becomes a little creamier and more gourmand. I can definitely pick out a light caramel, tempered by the combined fruit notes. I can't specifically pick out the popcorn, but there is a slightl tang that might be it. It's not my every day, but definitely on my top shelf.

NillaMilk
NillaMilk

Very sweet and feminine, but I think it's a more youthful scent; if you're over 30 or want a more mature scent I'd keep looking.

FragranceSwettie
FragranceSwettie

I'm really counting myself very lucky to own one of this bottle, esp when it had been discontinued for sometimes and the Cherie line is really very confusing. Well, but there is this one person I have to thank so much for all her help. Without her, I will not be able to know that the one I'm holding now is the 2005 version and my poor supplier will be continue to get misunderstood by me. Thank so much Vie Cafe :)

I really love Fragrantical big family, i got most of my bottles from the recommendation of the lovely fellow members here :D Haha, I understand that is still better to try out 1st before blindly purchase with just based on people's comment. Well, but so far all these reviews are greatly helpful towards me.

Miss Dior Cherie- I never know u in the 1st place, u sound so strangely to me. One day, while I was browsing thru and hope to find a unique perfume. A magical power brought "you" to me. The notes of yours look so attractive! I make a promise to myself that I'm gonna find all ways to get hold on you :p

"You" are so mystery and confusing, just like an mission impossible. I faced so many hip cups before I finally grab hold on u! Finally, I understand that why so many people are after you. You just like a bewitched that is so hard to resist. If Coco Mademoiselle is a Queen, you must be the playful bubbly energetic princess.

The Strawberry and Caramel Popcorns note make you different to Mademoiselle. I love the way u seem so cheerful and freely just like how the way I love Mademoiselle for being a powerful, confident and serious lady. Both of you are my top fragrances for now :D

Hellen Comb
Hellen Comb

I want it in my poerfume wardrobe! It's so sweet and femenine.

LolaLoCer
LolaLoCer

I tried a sample on a piece of paper. I should have tried it on my skin to be honest. It was a bit cloying at first and had a slight sporty smell to it, but the dry down was much better and I could smell some florals and just a tiny tiny hint of pocorn. I don't love this smell, But I do see myself wearing it once in a while out to dinner with friends or a play

marily
marily

this is reminds me either coco mademoiselle chanel or zen trussardi and the first one is my signature scent!!!!! I really love it,is so sweet,so seductive and sexy scent!!!! It has very good longevity,I would highly recommend it

allycatt77
allycatt77

I absolutely love this scent, but my boyfriend thinks it smells like an "old lady"... then again... his favorite scent on a woman is cotton candy... hes 24...

greek_goddes

I hadn't smelled it for a long time and I had forgotten how beautiful this one smells. Now I can totally understand the difference between this and the new one.

Original formula is way more strong and long-lasting with more character. I also prefer the package. The silver letters are more cute than the sticker on the new one.

It reminds me the eau de toilette version but this one is stronger.

Caprice
Caprice

I used to wear it in my student years. So young and easy-to-know scent. Just for everyday, but not my favorite.

perfumeloverforever
perfumeloverforever

There nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.
I love this and have great memories like a lot of u do.
The question is, why did this vanish off of the face of the
Earth? So many people loved it, so why the devil
Did they stop making it. The new watered down versions
(I'll put it polite) aren't the same.

Whats going on with these great perfumes? We NEED them
Back!!!

Pink_Ruffles
Pink_Ruffles

Ah... Ma Chérie! She is charming, optimistic, romantic, and full of life! MDC 2005 makes me feel girly with an air of sophistication. I love it all the way through! Wearing Miss Dior Cherie feels like me at my best on the most beautiful of days. This fragrance was what first got me interested in chypre fragrances. So unique and unsurpassed by those that came after, Miss DIor Cherie makes me feel instantly happy as it holds and helps create happy memories for me whenever I wear it. This perfume can go from day to night. Wearing it in the daytime, I can picture a beautiful French spring garden. At night, an elegant Paris bistro. Miss Dior Cherie maybe be gone, but never forgotten!

Kim1980
Kim1980

I never like fresh/sweet perfumes, but this one is really good. It's a light, happy, sunny fragance wich reminds me of summertime in beautifull old cities; castles, green fields, old squares. Elegant and in my opinion because of the spicy undertone good wearable for a brunette. ;)

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Miss Dior Cherie opens with a slightly soapy fruity scent, featuring pineapple, cherries, and a lot of strawberries. To me, it's essentially a strawberry fragrance. For the first 4 hours, the strawberries smell boozy and volatile, not the fresh juicy ones that every young girls can taste, but more like cocktail that requires a certain age to be able to drink.

I was not able to pick caramel or popcorn note distinctively. But I assume that they contributed in the strawberry jam feeling after about 6 hours of wearing. The flowers are difficult to perceive on me. The patchouli is not very evident either, but it certainly helps adding depth to the playful strawberry.

The longevity is excellent. After 12 hours I can still the amber base. The sillage is good in the first 4 or 5 hours then stays close to skin until the end. Bright, playful and full of delight, it definitely worths a try. But beware, it's quite sweet though, plus the volatile texture, you may not want to overapply. Although caramel and popcorn notes get most votes, I don't think it's a gourmand type either.

Sannee77
Sannee77

I really, really want this, love the notes, but it's so hard to find. Plenty of fakes out there but not the real thing.

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

easily a gourmand perfume. i like!

Caramelle
Caramelle

I am writing about the 2005 Eau de Parfum which I bought when it was just released.My bottle is still fresh as ever.When it came out,many on fragrance boards were complaining about how the strawberry note was childish and that it was too sweet to be taken seriously for grown-up women.As a lover of classical and chypre fragrances I did have to sniff it a few times to fall in love with it.The drydown is a patchouli musk combo which is very sophisticated.I think it is an iconic fragrance in its own right and the kick-off to many follow-up fruity patchouly "chypres" which never reached its quality.

Libran
Libran

To all the ladies who know the Soap & Glory range of products and love them, you must try this fragrance as it is so similar and I love it! Fruity and girly and so feminine. Pricey but so worth it!

dragenpuff
dragenpuff

I got a 7.5ml bottle from my mum, who got it in a gift set and thought it too sweet. I wore it for several months before purchasing the Miss Dior EdT (I intendet to buy a bigger bottler of the 2005 MDC EdP, but I couldn't find it), and I've left it untouched because I couldn't bare the thought of running out.
Smelling it now, about two years later, I find it sweet, but not overly so. Top notes of strawberry leaf, cherry and tangerine give a fruity start, but it mellows down and abandones its fruity sweetness as it dries down. The violet is the strongest of the heart notes on my skin, but the base notes come out to play sooner than I would have thought, mixing with the violet. They make a lovely harmony which linger on the skin for most of the day.
Once the top notes mellow out, Miss Dior Chérie sits very close to my skin. It's a young woman's fragrance, playful and flirty yet more classy than one would think. I like it for winter and spring (both are cold here in Norway, without many smells of nature), as I find it becomes too subtle on me for summer, where it has to compete with the smells of nature in bloom.

stacia79
stacia79

Another charmer that I initially resisted. I felt that it was too popular and too young for me. Then I thought "Who am I kidding? I'm a perfume junkie... bring it." Oh my goodness this is a slumber party in a bottle! Caramel popcorn, strawberries, pineapple. My girl friends and I would snack on those all night. It makes me feel so happy and yes, young. It reminded me a little bit of those dolls with scented hair I had as a girl. I might start singing and skipping while wearing this if not for the ever present patchouli note keeping one foot in adulthood.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This is sweet heaven in a bottle! Hard to describe this as is it just so gorgeous and unique, stands out a mile away.

MDC 2005 is no doubt a grown up gourmand fragrance.. It is fresh, sparkling and deliciously fruity, but with a perfect floral arrangement (rose/pink jasmine/violet).

The caramel popcorn and patchouli add such an interesting depth to the sweetness, this is soo beautiful to wear. Incredibly uplifting. One of my all time favourites for sure!

hollyms
hollyms

Does anyone know where I can by this original MDC?? Please let me know, thank you!

Princess

Yummy. Mandarin,strawberry, popcorn & caramel. Pretty scent, last all day.

ForrealMe2

They should have never discontinued you..this one is the brightest one out of the bunch...

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

ForrealMe2

I just got my perfume in the mail and i have to say that it may not have been stored properly because it didn't come in its regular box but it smells exactly like the Miss Dior Cherie 2011 after reformulation and i have two of the bottles that are indented with the label but still Miss Dior Cherie i believe 2011..it smells the same to me..I won't be using this one but saving it as a collector since i already have more..i do believe this has lost some character as it is not as strong as it could be so i don't think it may have been stored properly but none the less it still has its wonderful color and scent it smells the same that sweet strawberry & champagne and maybe just a tinge of added fruitiness that is delicious and yet some what similar to Coco Mademoiselle...i do actually prefer this scent over Coco Mademoiselle because of its sweetness that adds character to it...it is such a shame they discontinued it.I will be some day trying Miss Dior to see how it changed but to be honest i love Miss Dior Le Parfum the best its sweetness surpasses them all and i felt when i smelled that that it was like the original but 10x's stronger cause on my left wrist i had Cherie and on my right wrist i had Le Parfum and that wonderful strawberry i felt was in Le Parfum unless that is the Amber but i was like wow that scent is in here.So in the future I will be collecting Miss Dior Cherie later formulations and will be very content and if i can't find that i will still stick with Le Parfum forever because that delivers everything i love and more..its a beast of a perfume for your money and i highly recommend it ladies who have never tried it you will love it and you don't need to spray alot so it lasts longer. I wish i could of had the box with this 2005 bottle but who cares i got the juice and the bottle and i will treasure it with all my other collectables.. lesson to learn ladies please store your perfumes properly to enjoy it more but never the less perfumes do expire over time but if stored properly you can make a fragrance last longer in darker cooler conditions in the original box...this has the strength of an EDT instead of EDP now and it was made in 2007.Now off to try Miss Dior Cherie L'eau next! :)

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This starts off with a smell that smells similar to toasted candies at the county fair. I can't quite put my finger on it, it is playful, upbeat, uplifting - and very sweet.

I've sampled this fragrance a couple of times. I enjoy the smell of this, but it doesn't wear well with my chemistry. This goes very sweet with my chemistry and doesn't have the depth and lower notes that I like in a fragrance.

The marketing is super confusing. This is advertised with Natalie Portman, which is a great choice to entice people into trying or buying a fragrance. The confusing part, they switched the name of this midstream - back to just Miss Dior, rather than the Cherie. I was at the mall and was looking and looking for this, then finally a sales associate told me that they had recently changed the marketing of this product to only include Miss Dior - and have removed the "Cherie" that is still found a lot in internet ads, Pinterest pages, etc...

I have had friends who have worn this - and I like this fragrance on them, but this is not a great mix with my chemistry. Like with every great perfume find, chemistry is what it's all about. Try it, you may really like it yourself!

Debshee
Debshee

I still remember the day I finally purchased it from Macy's in 2005. It was the most I had ever paid for one bottle of perfume; $65 for 1.7oz. MDC is also one of the very few bottles I used almost completely. I only stopped because I didn't want to use it all. The saleslady also gave me a deluxe mini so I have a few precious drops in the original bottle and the mini to cherish.

fierce poodle
fierce poodle

Miss Dior Cherie seems to me a rather amusing little fragrance -- the perfume equivelent of Gewürztraminer or Beaujolais nouveau wines. All are young at heart, fun, and perhaps a bit unsophisticated. I rather like the sweet blend of fruits & flowers, and will probably wear it to the Fourth of July Watermelon Festival at Grand Bay.

bbwfan1234
bbwfan1234

The review that calls it a prom scent is very accurate, I wore this to my prom a few years ago! It's youthful and sweet. My bottle however has become less sweet and more floral over time. I tend to only wear it on holidays or for parties. It's too strong for every day.

mimi88
mimi88

this one is wonderful! far more better than new one

kchong100
kchong100

This is a wonderful scent. The bottle looks elegant and adorable at the same time. Reminds me of being a girly girl when I go shopping ;)

lilou
lilou

To me the best one among all Miss Dior Chérie : caramel, fruits...all things I like in fragrances. Sweet, lovely, fruity and joyful.
Very good lasting power.

Peachply
Peachply

For me this is an "I'm going to prom" type of scent. It wants to be grown up but isn't quite there yet...

I find it very "LOUD" I wanted to like it but just can't.

ajkeelty
ajkeelty

Bring it back PLEASE. This is an amazing fragrance. Please Dior, bring it back!!!

LuizaNasta
LuizaNasta

In 2008 I thought I had finally found my signature fragrance for the warmer months in Miss Dior Cherie.

From the first time I smelled her, I knew I was in love.
Like a breath of fresh air.
She was sweet, innocent and playful with her strawberries, cherries and pineapple, and her caramel and popcorn. We had so many fun and happy days. Like prozac in liquid form, she always lifted my spirits and put a child-like smile on my face.
I felt like together we could achieve the impossible!

Now she is gone, replaced by a dull ghost in MDC's shell. A mere shadow of it's former self. The new formula smells so bland, all I get is citrus and flowers. Nothing special.

I own plenty of "grown-up" fragrances, which is exactly why I loved MDC... because she was different.
I have never owned a perfume that made me feel as happy and carefree as this one. She was unique.

It's been two years since they reformulated her, and yet I still look for her every time I'm in a perfume store. Her beautiful bottle and cute silver bow sits on the counter... but it's not her.
If I had known that they were going to change her, I would have stocked up.

All I'm left with now are memories.
None can replace her.
Oh, how I miss you Cherie......

mendosita
mendosita

I tested this fragrance about 100 years ago, when it first came out. I didn't find it very special then, just another fruity- floral.
Last week I happened to purchase it- half of 30ml bottle in very good price.
The perfume is very sweet, but not vanilla sweet (as the most common sweetnes in fragrances) but strawberry jam sweet (in fact this jam is a bit fermented). It is girly and fun, perfect for Spring days and nights. I don't detect popcorn though.
After about 3 hours a beautiful patchouli comes out and the scent is deep and incensy. I like it.
The sillage and longevity are both very good.

Chio268
Chio268

I don't understand the hype about this pefume. I sprayed it on my wrist many times but everytime I smell it I think it's just boring.

I smell burnt caramel, a little bit of cherries and none of the other notes- nothing too exciting, definitely not something I'd consider buying, esp. because it's not exactly the cheapest of perfumes. The bottle's lovely though.

lLaura
lLaura

This is a very nice daytime frag if you like cherry's! That is allmost all I got from this perfume.

imochy
imochy

I purchased this online a week ago and couple days ago I got it at hand. Was super curious and super excited imagining how unique and caramel-ish this one would be. Aaaaaand.. It's just floral. Floral. Floral.

A year ago my superior wore this and I had been secretly admiring her scent. It's awesome when I finally got to find out the perfume she's wearing. But now when I get the chance.. Seemingly it's been reformulated :(

Anyway, apart from whatever disappointment I am in, this would be an honest review. Sillage is pretty huge and indeed very noticeable. Although I get flowery notes most of the time, the drydown is actually pretty nice. It's a lot softer than the opening. Amberish musk. Lasts super long, for more than 8 hours for sure.

Although I sadly have to admit that this is not my favorite scent, my colleagues went crazy over it. So I guess, even the reformulated one still draw loads of attention :) Congratulations, Dior!

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

Lovely, sweet and young. Timeless and elegant, not your overly sweet, harsh parfume that is so popular nowadays. This is different and I really appreciate this unique beauty.

birds_on_a_wire
birds_on_a_wire

This took me a while to put my finger on, but this perfume definitely smells just like the Soap and Glory lotion and bodywash.

evhely
evhely

I know,by hearsay, that a fragrance called "Tres Jolie" by Comin smells like this edition of Miss Dior Cherie.
I suppose that Comin deals in Italy only....

nomi77
nomi77

totally agree with madame cherie but head over heels in love with it i am a perfume lover have more then 25 brands and 40 + fragrances. this is my signature in fact i feel best of my self wearing this

benpaul12
benpaul12

Wonderfully sweet and cute. Smells luxurious too, not like cheaper, celebrity fragrances marketed toward young woman. My friend wears this and I couldn't get enough of her scent.

MadameCherie
MadameCherie

This review is for MDC 2011.

I must say, I agree with sensuous@midnight. Stop messing with your originals Dior. This is why I look for nothing but vintage now. How do you improve on exquisite? I too am not 18 but 65, a full grown woman, LOL. However, with that said, I do have to mention my love of MDC. I was given a tiny Miss Dior Cherie as a Christmas present two years ago (for obvious reasons!) and liked it very much. When I started research on this scent so I could buy a bit more, I thought I was going to go crazy. It took forever because I hadn’t realized there were, what seemed like, four thousand revisions, but I finally found that the 2011 version was the formulation I was given. I never want to have to do that kind of research again. I still think Dior should have paid ME because of the time I gave in the attempt to track down something that should have been a straight forward, non-confusing purchase. Even your sellers can't figure out which is which. I dare you, Dior, stop trying to reformulate and, if you still have the talent, make a fragrance as beautiful as are the originals of the house! (BTW, the vintage Miss Dior is breath-taking and nothing like MDC or the current MD. See everyone's reviews of the 1947 (Carles & Vacher noses) Miss Dior extrait de parfum and Dior Miss Dior on this site. And, yes, you'll be confused by the number of MD's and MDC's out there. At this point, not sure if Fragrantica even has the formulation list correct.)

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I believe the many reformulations of Miss Dior Cherie are not because of the IFRA's restriction on certain fragrant oils, or extracts. Maybe the house does not own the formula therefore Dior keeps on producing many varieties of Miss Dior... eau de toilette, eau de parfum of whichever year, blooming bouquet, etc... Out of many formulations, Miss Dior Le Parfum really is an exception.

I personally believe that Francois Demachy is a genius, and therefore, please... please try your best to recreate Miss Dior Cherie, the one we fell in love with and forever will. Should such act would go against the law because Dior probably doesn't own the formula, then try to come out with something that 'almost' exactly smell the same... a bit of this and that, poof! there's buttered popcorn smell... few drops of this and few of that, ta da!!! there's strawberry sherbet scent... I know, WE KNOW you can do it...

We had enough of new floral blends for Miss Dior... surprise us with the 'comeback' of Miss Dior Cherie, not with 'new' floral notes... cheers!

Spangle
Spangle

Oh, what? I got so excited when I got my sample in the post. I read it smells like the "Soap & Glory" products - I collected all of these last year because they are so damn divine <3 <3.

I sprayed it on my wrist, and my inner elbow and all I got was a weak cherry mixed with flowers - it was really, REALLY weak too. I expected much more. I've since heard they've revamped it, so maybe that explains why I smell no delicious popcorn or caramel? Or maybe it's my body chemistry.

I hope I can find a similar juice with the same notes that works for me, because it sounds like something I'd be all over...

kranberryjam
kranberryjam

I miss the original version with the wonderful strong strawberry note. The new "miss dior" formula is just so bland.

I just found out that CVS and Walgreens have a great impression of this version of miss dior cherie ("perfect scents" and "instyle" respectively). They are pretty nice for the cost.

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

Nice but nothing more.. I agree it's a bit linear.. for the smart girl who can afford what she want's but with not too much imagination I think.

lapurrla
lapurrla

Sweet pineapple with a few strawberries in a very pretty bottle! It's sweet and pretty but doesn't go anywhere. At least not on me. For the price of Dior I'd like more. I can see why people love it. You will smell sweet and pretty wearing this. But surely the same can be achieved for a far lower price as fruity fragrances abound? Too linear on me.

esmeralda81
esmeralda81

i was just today at macys to see how the new miss dior smell and yes is way different not as delicate and delicious as the 2005 version but thank god i still have some little bit left on my bottle of the original and im going save it that bottle is like a collectible to me now very unique.

MissxoAlisha
MissxoAlisha

this is my dream perfume. I smelt it at Macy's and It smells soo amazing! Gosh do I really want it. But it is soo expensive. :(

imoore
imoore

It is not DIOR worthy!

Britt005
Britt005

i loved the design of the bottle but personally i liked the original better,i just really really dislike the cherry in it.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

I'm glad that I get to smell this lovely fragrance. I love Miss Dior 2011 but this one is a nice one too. Both are similar except this is more delicious...it's funner!

I do prefer this scent, simply because it's more unique and sweet. I tend to go more for sweet than fresh. Still this is a classy and smart fragrance at the same time. Youthful, carefree. I <3 it!

Miss Dior Cherie 2011 now called Miss Dior is more citric. Similar to Coco Mademoiselle. It would be identical if it wasn't because Miss Dior has strawberry and is more fruity than floral.

Back to Miss Dior 2005, the caramelized popcorn makes this fragrance unique from the previous. It has that subtle warmth that blends so well with cherries and strawberries. Versatile, innocent, delicious. I'm glad the patchouli isn't detectable. I recommend it and also Miss Dior 2011 if you like sophisticated sweet scents with quiet patchouli.

yammyclink
yammyclink

This smells Soooooo good, i would recommend this to a lot of teens, at first it has a nice soft caramel smell, and after there is this sweet smelling perfume that would last for ages..i get compliments when i wear this, so i think you should buy this if you are reading this...it is pricey, but it'll be worth it.

zanny
zanny

it's TOO sweet. smellin it is just like smellin a bottle of syrup. it makes me fell dizzy. will never buy it.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

Dior needs to bring this perfume back, too many people love it

kitsunemagic

I tested this not to long ago, I simply love this alot, it smells warm and buttery sweet with some floral hint but its not too foody and childish. if I can discribe this I see a happy women walking in the park on a cloudy day sniffing the flowers all around, she stops for a quick strawberry milkshake and some caramell covered popcorn. this scent is perfect for chilly days and can work in spring if sprayed lightly

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

I like this one best out of all the Miss dior cherie editions. But I only tested it once and everytime I go to the dior counter the ladies there insist that this is the one but it isn't, it has nothing to do with that overly sweet and girly but classy fragrance I know. When I get it right I think I'm gonna buy it!
Edit: I want sooooo baddddd! But I've spend too much lately...

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I wear this when I want to smell "grown up" and yummy at the same time. It gives you the warm sweet glow with the base of an expensive, classy perfume.

While Pink Sugar is pure sweetness, this has some depth to it and I save it only for special occasions, or when I can snuffle up in it with a big sweater :)

alyaa
alyaa

First time, I smelled this was on an aeroplane hostess and it had a massive amazing silage of sweet popcorn. But when I tried it at the beauty counter on my skin, it was just pure strawberry with some musk on the dry down. Now, me and the strawberry note in perfume arent on very good terms, it just overwhelms the perfume with a cloud of sweetness, for me.Ach! its a shame, but Miss Dior Cherie is not for me!

annettepe
annettepe

i love this scent. from all the miss dior scents this one is definitely number one. this one is fruity and gourmand. i can really smell the strawberries in the beginning and it will fade after a while leaving you with a toffee/caramel yummy note. i wouldnt say its only gourmand but its definitely yummy but still sophisticated. the old formula is the best with this bottle. the newer versions are all watered down and dont have the toffee/caramel note to it.

jckp27
jckp27

It smells like cinnamon and a touch of caramel, thats probably why my cousin (6 yrs) thought it smelt like kettle corn. I like it. :)

KittyBaditty
KittyBaditty

To my nose I get a strong synthetic strawberry - much like a Strawberry Shortcake doll from the 80s. It does soften out somewhat, and I can pick up on the caramel popcorn. For a good half hour this is great on my skin, then the patchouli takes over and I have to get it off. On me, patchouli smells of curry, body odour, and damp apartments, and that's not the scent I'm going for.

I bought this fragrance purely for the bottle, knowing full well that I wouldn't be able to wear it - I ended up decanting the juice into a glass spray bottle and giving it to a friend, then filling the bottle with tinted water :)

midnight rose
midnight rose

AMAZING!I ADORE IT!!!my cherie you can drive me crazy!its so seductive, so sexy smell,its a sweet and elegant perfume!!!!you are so special on my skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a super feminime perfume, so classy!the new version is almost the same on my skin!i love this perfume is joyful!!!i use only the edp version

mmpopsicle
mmpopsicle

This is one of the first perfumes that I was truly and utterly in love with. It is such a unique smell and is perfect to wear when wanting to feel verry feminine. Always loved it and always will! One of the only really sweet perfumes that I like.

orihime
orihime

for me it smells very unique and when i tried it on my skin i found it weird (probably because i like floral scents more) and i dont want to smell like popcorns ^^" it might be nice on some people though

pantorini
pantorini

Every other girl in France seems to wear this perfume! Too common for my taste.

RainyDayDaydream
RainyDayDaydream

I like the idea of the popcorn notes in this. When I tested it, I was unsure of what the notes were. But after doing some research, I learnt it was popcorn that I smelt. Its quite unique, and so is this scent. Sweet, girly and alluring. Also, the bottle is to die for. Absolutely adorable! Would buy this if I could.

misschic
misschic

I want this version to be brought back. For those who say that it's now being sold as Miss Dior Eau de Parfum, it's not the same.... I tried it :(

The original is a very special, young, and happy scent

daflowerbomb
daflowerbomb

I was wondering if I dreamed this fragrance after only seeing it once or twice. I really liked trying it in the shops! I really thought I had just imagined it after a while!

thais.magrinha
thais.magrinha

When I bought it I was 17 and everything was fluffy and yummy. After I completed 18 I couldn't bear this fragrance.(Not that I changed much, only that the smell of this perfume got me sick after a while) Sickening sweet and no personality at all in it. All I could smell was a cheap rotten sugar covered popcorn. Only for teenagers. A woman with personality would never be caught wearing such fragrance.

ManoloMama
ManoloMama

I'm hoping all you fabulous scent-aholics can help me out. I'm like most of you - a fan of the original MDC - and am trying to find more of it seeing my bottle has only a couple spritzes left. I see references in this blog to differences in labels and lot numbers. First of all, does the original bottle only have the writing on it without the paper label...then later they changed to the flat-on-bottle paper label before changing the formula? Also, where on my box/bottle do I find the lot number and what would I look for to determine if it's the original formula. Thanks gals!!

nayarat
nayarat

oh gosh, the patchoulli gives me A LOT of headache, i want the 2005 version back =((((((

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I bought a few sample vials of this version to test it out on my skin. It doesn't work with my skin that well- either that, or it chooses to work when it wants do, under the right conditions - weather, humidity, body temp, etc. All I got was a light strawberry scent that reminded me of a little girl's body spray. When it dried down it got "musty" but it still retained the sweetness of the strawberry. The patchouli was hiding in the background the whole time. If the patchouli was as prominent in this as it is in chanel chance or gucci guilty, it wouldn't nearly be as popular. But alas, I don't see the hype, but I will be giving it more chances.

isabellerose
isabellerose

what i've heard is that all Cheries were discontinued because it was John Galliano who started that line (i mean the new Cherie versions, not Miss Dior) so after that incident with him and letting him go,they ditched the "cherie" in the name and redesigned the perfumes :/ i was appalled when i couldn't find my holy grail (the green cherie) :(

madam_dallas_multipass
madam_dallas_multipass

It looks like idiots from IFRA banned the use of some natural components, like oak moss, the absolute of jasmine, citrus oils, Heliotropin etc, in fragrances, because they may cause allergies. So many famous perfumes had to be reformulated, including this one...

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

I miss this so much!! What happened? Why was it discontinued? It was a popular fragrance, it smelled beautiful and then POOF it was gone. The new version is thick and syrupy. It's way too intense and has an irritating similarity to Viva La Juicy.

How I miss Miss Dior Cherie :'(

ninaboo
ninaboo

Ok everyone who loves the 2005 fragrance join the FB page 'Miss Dior Cherie 2005 Version'.

Now to business, this is such a sweet youthful fragrance but not immature or teeny bopper-ish. It's warm enveloping and sensual just like sucking on a lollipop whilst cuddled up in a mohair jumper:).
It has tremendous projection and sillage without being sickly ! Such a gem !

The newest version is a load of tripe!

momtoeve
momtoeve

I purchased the new 2011 version by accident today. The fragrance counter that specializes in hard to get items would not open the box, but they showed me a picture of it from their catalog. It looked like the 2005 version that became my signature, but alas, it was too good to be true.I still adore the 2005 version, and i started a Facebook page called Miss Dior Cherie 2005, bring it back. I am hoping to forward comments and signatures to Dior.So if you love the original, please comment on the page!

UPDATE ! I found out and confirmed the batch number to look for is 04460 . I found it today at Sephora in Coquitlam Centre in BC, Canada. It was the only one left! So just ask for that batch number that is found at the end of the ingredients list.

nicolemarie
nicolemarie

LOVE LOVE love love this so so much pleassssssse bring back this version Dior........ so beautiful, perfect ;-)

sw33tcookie
sw33tcookie

I love this scent so much since it came out again in 2005. I went on a trip and in the airport they had this out for spraying, so of course i took a chance to bathe in it lol. My sister says its a signature scent on me. That is makes me smell so amazing. I have yet to buy it it is so pricey :( but god i love it.

Goodfortune5758
Goodfortune5758

I really love the this scent for what it is. A good perfume for a young woman with taste. Where do you go when you grow out of it?

Stacierew
Stacierew

Holding on to my last quarter ounce of this one. All I can say is yum, yum, yum. It reminds me of life as a single gal. Its flirtatious, delicious, and turned plenty of heads back in the day. I love the playfulness of it, though I feel some of its wearers may have "outgrown" this scent. It was fine for day wear, and still sexy and fun at night. I will be sad to see it go!

Edvina
Edvina

I dont think it has any thing to do with sweet, 3 days of wearing no compliments no nothing :(, and it's to heavy, im heaving headache...to bad i hoped so much that i would like it..

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

This perfume is absolutely beautiful, caramelized popcorn and strawberry slushie with a hint of floral, reminds me of being a girly girl! Sadly however since this version has been discontinued I'm currently trying to hunt down this little rare gem! I remember when it was launched in 2005 and was given a sample to take home, back then I was young (only 11 years old) so realistically I couldn't buy this fragrance. In 2011 I went to my local department store and asked to re smell Miss Dior Cherie. The assistant sprayed some of this on my wrist and it smelled totally different to the sweet one I smelled years back. All I could smell was woody mandarin orange! I said 'I thought this smelled sweet and had popcorn in it'.. The shop assistant replied 'oh that version is the 2005 one, this is the new 2011 one, it's been changed a little but you can't really smell the difference', but I could smell a huge difference esp on my skin, eurgh... all I could smell was a heavy musky orange. I was absolutely gutted...

I've posted an email to the dior website complaining about the reformulated version and asking them to bring back the 2005 one! So ladies, all I'm saying is, each one of you who loves this fragrance and wants it back in stores, let's all unite and post a complaint on the dior website, you never know they might bring it back!!!!

sweetiepea161616

I know I just reviewed this, but I was actually reviewing the new formulation. I just scored a bottle
of the 2005 edition (the one pictured) and so I wanted to review that as well. It smells great, but not as different from the reformulation as everyone says. The main difference I detect is candied orange with a slight earthiness in the reformulation and the caramel/popcorn in the original. Overall, I have to say I think I like the original better (surprise, right?) but not by much. I'm glad I have both because I really love them, but I think they are great in different ways. I wish it was easier to get ahold of the original, but honestly with 1.7 oz of each, I think I will be okay for quite some time! When I want a little candied orange, I will go for the new one, and when I'm in the mood for caramel and popcorn, I will go for the old version!

windswept
windswept

If I had to describe in one word and one word only I would say...

PRETTY!

sweetiepea161616

Maybe it's just me, but all I get is kind of a sweet patchouli. I can see where the popcorn is coming from, but I don't really get the caramel. Maybe I was just expecting more intense caramel, so that's why I don't really notice it. It's a nice smell, but I prefer Miss Dior (the one that used to be Cherie, with the white label). To me, that one has a little more excitement, and the orange makes it more yummy. I thought from the notes that I would want to buy this one, but I think I will hold off.

EDIT: This is a review for the new version of the perfume that comes in this bottle.

hkab
hkab

i love it...sweet,feminime,classy...my most favorite perfume at this moment....:)

Jessicajessica
Jessicajessica

too strong, too overpowering, toooo heavy, not even sweet and I cant find that its buttery.
I think this perfume is too mature..
Its suitable for age 35 above.
scent 4/10
power 10/10
bottle 8/10

berfun.gedikoğlu
berfun.gedikoğlu

in the begining it smells really sweet and good but at last it starts being hideous

emeges
emeges

This is veeery strong, go easy on it, it´d stay on you for hours, maybe even until the next day.i still don´t know if i love it, i´m testing.

Saezs
Saezs

It is an exquisite fragrance, skin and notes on each take a different power.

Personally, I find in my self very sweet. It makes me happy just a few drops on my skin ...

I love this perfume! It's my signature from now on...

alidak
alidak

Did they changee the bottle? If yes, did they change the perfume, too?

enzyme1
enzyme1

The marketing of this perfume is quite well done, as is the formula in the bottle. I thought this fragrance would be another silly girls scent for everyone but this turned out to be a really nice light and pleasant smelling perfume. This is what I would call a very contempory fragrance suited to the tastes of the 2000"s. miss Dior Cherie is definitely worthy of being the new flagship perfume for Dior.

leeyah87
leeyah87

Ok, just to clear up any confusion I emailed Dior's customer service and they confirmed that the following is true:

Miss Dior Cherie EDP 2005 was reformulated and rebottled in 2011. The scent was changed to become "more subtle and sophisticated". However, the name change in 2012 to simply "Miss Dior" EDP only consisted of a bottle/name change and NO reformulation of the juice. The 2012 juice is the same as the 2011 juice, but in a different bottle to reflect the name change. They told me that they decided to change the name "in order to build Miss Dior as an even more iconic and timeless fragrance and as a leading fragrance on the market".

Miss Dior Cherie EDT 2007 was also reformulated and rebottled in 2010/2011. It was also renamed/rebottled to simply "Miss Dior" EDT in 2012, but the juice is still the same as the 2010/2011 juice.

Side Note: In 2008, Miss Dior Cherie EDP and EDT bottles were redesigned with paper labels, but no change to the juice. The confusing part is that very similar bottles were used when the juice was reformulated in 2011. A good indication of the 2005 EDP formulation is that the sticker label lays flat on the bottle, whereas the sticker label on the 2011 reformulation lays in an indention of the glass. (I don't think this applies to the EDT because I saw the new Miss Dior bottles at Nordstrom and they do not have an indention in the glass.) Also, the new box packaging for the 2011 reformulation contains a pink circular CD sticker on the top of the box on the cellophane. However, Dior told me that the only way you can know *for sure* is by the batch number. I will let you know the batch numbers once they email me back.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

Miss Dior Cherie is a youthful, but not immature perfume. I can see all ages pulling this fragrance off, and that's a rare thing! It's happy, flirty, and romantic, but not without some class.

On my skin, it starts off as only a floral, but the dry down is the good part: Strawberries, caramel, popcorn, subtle florals, and sandalwood. It makes me think of a really good date (especially with the floral and popcorn notes!).

Overall, I think this is a wonderful perfume. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Hayven

This is not a review for the 2005 version but for the latest version on the shelves today.

Miss Dior (Cherie) is the first perfume I have experienced reformulation woes with...the current version is so horribly watered down and a shadow of what it once was. You're better off trying to hunt down an older bottle than settling with the current formulation.

smellitivity
smellitivity

Miss Dior Cherie starts floral and then adds sweet notes. Florals tend to pierce the nose but are still gentle, after all they have to be kept at bay, if they have to mix with chocolate and caramel.

In the end it will remain sweet and floral, but with a little bit of amber as well.
This perfume is the next-door young girl you would call to baby sit your kids. The idea of having a party while you're away MIGHT cross her mind, but she would never, ever do it.

Namyra
Namyra

I like it (i can't resist this kind of perfumes) but maybe it's too youthful and strawberried.

Sickly sweet smelling wild strawberry and caramel disaster! Not my cup of tea for sure(

Muzoona
Muzoona

I am using it only when i go to cinema.. with my popcorn !! a beautiful matching.

StarMagix

Love this scent!!! I only have the smaller sample vials but soon to have the largest bottle available. ;-) I think this is a scent that could be worn during any time of the year. So far it has not been very warm here but I still think it will be wearable during the hottest parts of the year. I love how ladylike this perfume feels. It is just so inviting, a comfort scent for sure. I have never smelled the older version of this perfume so I am unsure how different the two are but I do know this one is a must have for me in the largest bottle available!

zulukline
zulukline

I've found the 2005-2007 ones on eBay, they're insanely expensive, but I love them so much, it's almost as if I need them. The new ones, Miss Dior just don't sit well with me, and they're headache inducing. (I also don't care for Natalie Portman) anyways, this is the sweetest, yet subtly sexy scent I have ever sniffed in my lifetime. Any woman or girl any age can wear it, for any occasion at all. I hope to pass this scent on to my children one day...

roger.jinete
roger.jinete

This is wonderful! Classy and youthful. Perfect for young girls from 15 to 21. I love the popcorn in it. It adds and extremely unique and peculiar sensation to this fragrance and that's what makes it unique and classy.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Miss Dior Cherie by Christian Dior is a sweet-savoury popsicle-on-a-stick playdough machine perfume. If that makes any sense.

The opening of the perfume is a sweet and lush-plush clash between wild strawberry sorbet and patchouli. I also get a faint, tart and sharp mandarin accord, but it thankfully does not last a long time.

The middle approaches with the same decadent combination of jasmine; pure and white, and violet; purple, stifling and slightly silty. The patchouli opens up more, but the huge, cuddly, playful popcorn prevent this from being a total rip-off off Coco Mademoiselle.

The base is composed of a faint whisper of patchouli sweetened to its boundaries along with a frail, tender musk that would, as Robin of the Now Smell This perfume blog describes, "would not smell disturbing on a ten year old".

Overall, I don't really get the hype about Miss Dior Cherie. Neither am I in the age group of Miss Dior Cherie, nor do I like people chasing me around the town saying, "Hey, what's that strawberry sweet smell? It makes my stomach ache!". Overall, I still need to decide whether I like MDC or not. Totally confused.

Embla
Embla

This perfume is pure love!
Both my sister and I have one each and we both love it, although I love it a bit more.
On me it has a bit darker, deeper scent (but you still feel the flowers). On my sister it has a lighter, more flowerish scent.
I think this perfume transforms depending on which wrist it's on and therefor it suits most people.

tygrrrlily505
tygrrrlily505

I first received this perfume for my 15th birthday. Shortly there after they changed the scent (2007). From what I have been reading they have been changing it there after. I wish they could just bring back this original 2005 scent. It's amazing! My most favorite fragrance of all time! Its so powerful, but yet light. Its so warm and delicious. The popcorn and caramel add such a nice touch. I have been salvaging what little I have left of my 3.4 oz bottle for years! I will forever miss this original scent.

StarMagix

This fragrance screams of sophistication with fine lady status. When I wear this scent I feel so beautiful even if I am not dressed in my finest. I envision fine furs with diamonds or pearls accented with lovely hand designed lace draped around the rim of a beautiful flouncy hat. Silly I know, but these are just some of the impressions I sense when I first smell this perfume. It slowly fades into a very soft feminine whiff of vanilla and powder. I do wish it lasted longer than just a few hours on myself. I do love respraying it, but to tell the truth, it is a bit expensive of a fragrance to have to respray so often. That being said, I still love it!

sofababe

To me MDC isn't overly sweet. Yes its sweet but not in a sickly way. The patchouli (which I normally can't stand) prevents it from becoming stiflingly sweet.
I also don't get the enormous number of people who think this smells just like Mademoiselle, it doesn't at all. I understand it has a similar vibe, but I would never mistake one for the other....maybe the most recent versions are more like CM, but not the original 2005 version which is to me, the only version worth my money.

Strawberries dominate, followed by popcorn, cherries and caramel. The patchouli comes calling after about 20 minutes and nestles down nicely with the caramel fruits, and some jasmine. I can also clearly detect some musk.

All in all a very lovely fragrance and I am almost loathe to use my precious 50ml up as the new formulation simply doesn't have what it takes to fill this beauties shoes.

missymary
missymary

I totally agree, Obloblob!

The world and his wife wears this stuff, WHY? It's poor pinky scardey-cat water. Same as Coco Mademoiselle.

These perfumes get on a roll and everybody has to have them, and the fad for them mindlessly sweeps even sensible people along.

Obloblob
Obloblob

Not a big fan of this scent at all. I find it extremely boring. It may be because I've smelt it on so many people, or maybe because the hype surrounding it led me to expect something more fantastic but I find this scent very boring and run-of-the-mill.
It's sweet, it's fruity, it's girly, so if that's what you like, you'll probably love this.
But if you look for something more interesting and memorable in a fragrance, you might want to give this one a pass.
To me, it smells just like typical girly body products. No edge or excitment. No addictiveness to the smell at all. It's inoffensive but utterly boring.
Doesn't smell the price that it is.

Darkangelz101
Darkangelz101

Very sweet, a little too sweet and not enough balance but all in all it was a good perfume.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I really wish this smelled good on me.I love doors perfumes. I feel bad saying I hate this one.....but I do. I think it smells weird and its one of the few perfumes that makes me sick. I don't know if its the popcorn note that does it or what. It just makes me feel headachy and like I have motion sickness. I have read great reviews on this fragrance.and im sure its beautiful on some women but its just gross on me and for me. I would test this out first. See how you like it. I don't think this is one that you need.more than a spritz of like.most diors. I despise this one with a Passion.

Annica
Annica

Popcorn and cotton candy. Weird smell and headache inducing. I can´t imagine myself wearing Miss Dior Cherie. Possibly when I walk with children at the carnival. Good lastingpower though.

mermaid87
mermaid87

I have the 3.4oz sized 2010 edition of this scent. I liked it immediately because
I prefer sweet/fruity scents (especially the citrus genres). The strawberry note is the
main note that stands out for me and it is served up in a syrupy blend of what I believe
to be the patchouli and musk.

The sillage is a amazing. When I put it on my friend who wanted to try it,
she walked across the room and left a fragrant trail in her wake. Five hours later, the
scent is a little fainter, but still detectable. However, after 5 hours, you will want to
re-apply it.

I am considering purchasing my First Love: Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau; however, since I still have an almost full
bottle of the Miss Dior Cherie and perfumes have a general shelf life of 3 years, it is best for me to wait a couple of years and
get use out of what I already have.

Reverie78
Reverie78

Miss Dior Cherie it's a lovely, youthfull and playful fragrance with really surprising elements like pop corn and caramela. I had it in the past but after several uses started to bother me badly i don't know why. Maybe its combination it's too much for me. However, i like it, probably it's one of those perfumes that i should not wear very often.

Hayven

The song "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story pops into my head when I wear this fragrance. It's such a springy kind of scent, yet it has depth from the patchouli that keeps the perfume from being too cutesy or sweet. It's a shame that this perfume was reformulated; it was fine the way it was.

Thank you melbritt24 for the sample; I ended up buying a full bottle because I liked it so much. :D

Whit
Whit

I would love to own this! I don't have any Christian Dior in my collection. :( This smells sweet, so it's right up my alley. I think it would be perfect for spring, maybe summer? Anyway, the youthfulness of this frag is what attracts me to it. So carefree, but classy and modern at the same time. It's on my wish list for now, so I'm hoping in the near future to own some. When I get it, I will update. :)

I bought the body lotion and I really like it. I do notice the "caramel popcorn" note that everyone talks about. On me, it's sweet but I like sweet scents. The lasting power is awesome, even for the lotion. That being said, I don't think there is a need to layer with this one. Either the perfume or the body care would be sufficient; too much would be headache inducing. This is a nice caramel scent that isn't too overbearing and is classy at the same time. I know it's been out for a while, but I had never smelled it before. I'm really glad I added this to my collection. :)

CUPCAKEDOLL

It used to by my signature scent, even I ever had imagine that I would wear Miss Dior Chèrie in my wedding´s day...What a pity it has been reformulated.

This was a masterpiece, one of those scents you recognice. An expesive, impertinent, rich and posh smell. Sweet as a lovely cupcake, with its pretty baby pink cream. Clean as the best of the musk-based perfumes.

I´m sooo sad with the reformulation. The new one is not similar at all (with an extremely bad lasting power on me). I´ll always love the original Miss Dior Chèrie.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Ah, the notorious popcorn perfume. And sweet florals to add a budding young girl touch. I wish this was around when I was a teenager, would've been so fun!!

miracle99
miracle99

when i first smelled it i liked it but soon started to bother me, i don't know why. I guess that its smell is particular and unusual for me. However, i can't tell that i don't appreciate its delicate scent and the pop corn is a really surprising element!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Christian Dior’s Miss Dior Cherie is precious, elegant, and young. Fresh strawberries, sweet caramel, popcorn, blossoming jasmine, deep patchouli and musk. Miss Dior Cherie has captured the hearts of women of all ages. A very sophisticatedly sweet fruity floral that draws compliments. Like all Dior fragrances, Miss Dior Cherie is gorgeous!

valkyrieopheliac
valkyrieopheliac

This perfume smell sweet, but not sweet as some gourmands scents. It's sweet but fresh at the same time, but not in the way of citruses or fruity perfumes. It's more complex. On my mind it smells like spring. Is sweet but not like vainilla and fruity. I like it because is elegant and young, not like teenagers scents. And it's also innocent and warm, without being heavy.
For me it's just SPRING.

connie.o'strand
connie.o'strand

I really like this one... comforting scent to me. But would not wear this in summer!

FunnyValentine
FunnyValentine

Caramelized popcorn all the way, a great scent for pink hearted teenage girls.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I'm 99% sure this is the right Miss Dior Cherie, but there are so many different versions of this! It is really annoying when designers put out a dozen perfumes, all with essentially the same name!

Anyway, the Cherie that I'm wearing right now is just CUTE! That is the best word for it! It is sweet and girlish, and definitely sophisticated. I think it is the combination of strawberry, violet, jasmine, musk, and (dare I say?) just the tiniest hint of patchouli that gives it its adorable, girlish quality. It's sort of virginal, but sexy at the same time.

edit: After a day on clothes, this smells a bit like fancy hotel soap... a little disappointing, but not the worst dry-down in the world.

mylancome
mylancome

Dior reformulated the perfume on year 2011, got a very bad feedback from most fans, then Dior reformulated it again in the year 2012 or end of year 2011. In short, different label sticker, the smell is kinda different.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This perfume is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the perfume industry today. Sickly vomit inducing rhubarb rolled in sugar with bubble gum and everything else that is sweet and appealing to the new generations pansy noses. nothing sexy here - to me it smelled like rotting melon. Want to pull a guy try the original Miss dior. And no I am no old woman I am 26.

AshDiCar
AshDiCar

What can I say that hasn't been said already about the lovely Cherie? I adore this perfume. Buttery and sweet, sparkling, almost boozy fruits and a deliciously warm dry-down. This scent develops beautifully on my skin with each phase being unique. Miss Dior Cherie is my go-to scent for any season, day or night. The opening reminds me of strawberries drenched in pineapple liquor. The flowers that emerge shortly after are perfectly blended. Caramel is present throughout and although I don't smell any popcorn specifically, I do get a savory, buttery note. The patchouli is clean and helps to keep the sweetness from becoming unbearable. A soft trail of a well-rounded amber and musk finishes this delightful olfactory experience. Highly recommended!

ida.zahar
ida.zahar

I've bought the 100ml EDP at my age 27. I found it smells so fruity yet classy. I wore it only at special occasion bcause i found Miss Dior Cherie are just different from any other perfume dat i use to smell I've bought the 100ml EDP at my age 27. I found it smells so fruity yet classy. I wore it only at special occasion bcause i found Miss Dior Cherie are just different from any other perfume dat i use to smell that time. I jz love the scents of strawberry leave, mandarin & vanila-popcorn. I feel so young & classy whenever i spray it on my wrist. And now at my 30. I found this fragrance r way too young for me. I also had Coco Mademoiselle at the same time i had Miss Cherie. In my opinion, Coco Mademoiselle are still relevant for me till now (I M 30 now) but no more Miss Cherie. Yes i still have my Miss Cherie on my table but i only use her when i got to sweat all day.

Silleage - 3.5/5 star

Longevity - 3.8/5

hegvie
hegvie

After hearing about Dior renaming Miss Dior Cherie and calling it Miss Dior, I ran to the store where they actually have a tester of Miss Dior Cherie and the new bottles of Miss Dior (formerly Miss Dior Cherie). I was able to test the two together and found that the new Miss Dior is very similar to the Miss Dior Cherie. However, Miss Dior is slightly sweeter while Miss Dior Cherie was a little more fresh smelling. Perhaps Miss Dior is a return to the 2005 version of Miss Dior Cherie (before the 2011 change)? Or perhaps my nose was expecting to smell a difference between the two, and so it did...
Overall, the new Miss Dior is sweet, sensual, and playful. Longevity is great even 6 hours after application. Lovely!

tangerine-tane
tangerine-tane

Delicious smelling perfume! I love the sweetness of it, also, the yummy fruity smell that comes with the caramela makes me fall in love with it!

If I put a squirt on my wrist I will keep on sniffing it, I just can't get enough of the lovely scent! I'd like to be covered in this stuff, but actually that just might make me feel sick. ;) So I won't put too much on, just a bit here and there. But it's a great perfume and I recommend it for those who love fragrances that make you feel sweet and fruity. :) ♥

miZZpuRRfect

description: The top notes are wild strawberry leaves and green tangerine. The heart features caramel pop corns surrounded by violets, wild strawberry, so strong and seductive and pink jasmine. The base is created of fresh patchouli leaves and crystalline musk.

no cherry, no pinapple, no rose, no amber. why fragrantica is listing these in the pyramid ? is the description incomplete or is it just wrong on the pyramid?

katiushka
katiushka

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think I read somewhere that this perfume was one of the most popular perfumes in 2011. In any case, I was disappointed. I tried this perfume on different days in different department stores. While the smell was very strong, its sillage was poor – it didn’t seem to diffuse through the air too much and stayed localized on the spot where I sprayed it. In my opinion, while this is acceptable in lighter scents, this doesn’t seem desirable in a strong scent. I was hoping to smell like a bowl of freshly-picked strawberries. Instead, I smelled as if I had sprayed my wrists with an extra-concentrated dose of air-freshener.

natalieisme
natalieisme

too strong and mature of a scent for teens to wear. Also a hint a little goes a LONG WAY with this scent very strong!

ivanda
ivanda

Very precious scent. So light, so strong, so exciting. It is like beautiful feather drifting in the air. Love this perfume, it has very good staying power and so good fits me. I love the smell.

mandashell

Just an FYI, for those searching for this version online or ebay, BE CAREFUL!!! I am LOL @ the NUMEROUS fakes that are being posted on Ebay since the REAL thing is becoming increasingly expensive and HTF!!! o.O

If a seller has it posted with a stock photo then ask to see an actual picture up close. Also make sure that is has the little Christian Dior logo that says made in France with the address! Some of the fakes say made in Erance...? WTF?!

Dior CHerie's are being sold with a brown bow instead of a silver one...? Even saw a seller mention that the bow on their's tarnished...? HUH?! It's not real silver!! I have the original with the silver colored bow and it is PLASTIC! LOL! XD.....

So, I just wanted to let you lovelies know! Let the search continue. :D

shazhasacat
shazhasacat

This is one of my all time favourites!!!!

Sweet, fun and grown up all in one.

Why oh why Dior did you have to change it.

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

Teenager-y... perhaps, but the teens who buy this perfume have great taste. Miss Dior Cherie has a wonderfully succulent strawberry note that smells so juicy, you might want to bite your arm off. It isn't sugary sweet at all. You could actually say it has almost a men's cologne quality when it settles on your skin. It settles on the skin and smells very fresh and invigorating. I will say this perfume is delightfully girly and carefree. It's got my vote!

garamascara
garamascara

This is a horrible mess! Smells like pink lemonade flavored Kool-aid. It’s all artificial fruit flavor to the max. May be an appropriate smell for a drugstore fragrance targeting tweens, but not Dior.

sugerplum123
sugerplum123

i have this perfume it smells really good when you first smell it from the bottle it smells woody and musky but when it reacts on your skin it smells very sweet and nice and i love it

meliquel
meliquel

It's really sweet, fruity, with a touch of caramel. Its smell doesn't disappear quickly and it's perfect for an evening walk.

vanemar29
vanemar29

spent a day tracking down the old version , i was lucky enough that the Sales lady knows my mom and she was honest upfront that the scent had changed completely and they were even told at one of their trainings . She wasn't sure if she still had the old version left but we checked with the box number and she had like 4 left i took 2 one for me and one for my sis , the 2011 version doesn't even compare to the awesome scent the prev version was, all i could smell was the flowers ugh the ruined the beauty that was MDC .

mega.vionytha
mega.vionytha

This perfume is sweet, a lil fresh, but I don't know, I'm not a big fan of cherie.
after a long time, it only smell sweet, or maybe just not suit me when the whether is hot...

but when spraying it, you'll feel so fresh even before bath..lol

nanssi
nanssi

It's a heaven in bottle for me! Fantastic, classy, girly but sexy. One of the scents in my Top 5. Long lasting, I can smell it even few days after spraying it at my dress. Thumbs up for Dior.

LuckyCharmz777
LuckyCharmz777

How disappointing. This version seems much better than this year's version and the labeling looks better than the current one with the cheap looking sticker. I wish I knew about it before they stopped selling it. Dior if it's not broke then don't fix it!

wickedlovely
wickedlovely

Compared to Dior's other fragrances, Miss Dior Cherie certainly strikes me as being the sweetest (and very girly).
Although the combination of caramel, fruit and floral scents is scrumptious, it's not a scent I would wear everyday as it can get a bit too sickly sweet for me. However, its unique combination sets it apart from many of the other 'sweet' fragrances, which I admire.
Although Miss Dior suits the younger ages (under 25 years), I would definitely recommend this to those who love the 'sweet' scents, especially those 'sweeties' that like a bit of a twist!

evy.gc
evy.gc

I CATCH CARMELA, BUTTER, WHITE FLOWERS AND A SALTY NOTE! ITS SWEET BUT VERY ELEGANT. ALSO THERES A TINY BIT OF FRESHNESS AT THE END ...A GREAT FINAL NOTE, MIXED WITH GREAT QUALITY MUSK! HIGH CLASS LIQUID GOLD!

I FIND IT VERY FANCY WITH A TOUCH OF YOUTH AND SWEET MELANCHOLY. I WOULD BUY IT 1000 TIMES!

LAST POWER: AMAZING!
I LOVE IT!

Faby Fab
Faby Fab

I´ve been wearing this for almost 7 years (not everyday of course)...it awesome!! it never grows old or steps out of fashion! it´s sweet, elegant, tastefull. Says Dior everywhere!
It´s longlasting...you can still smell it on the shower the next day!
however it smells different on every skin...give it a try before you buy it...beacause it´s a perfume that changes during the day...!

Pari88
Pari88

2005 version- one of the best, most unique, perfumes ever. A perfect signature if you can still get your hands on the original 2005 version. LOVE!
weet, creamy, musky, and yes, buttery :-) yummy! How could they discontinue it! Pure joy and LOVE.

Tica_UK
Tica_UK

I really missing the 2005 version of the MDC, after MDC stopped being sold, I smelled the new edition (which does not compare to version 2005) and this one not won me over as the old.

Words are not enough to describe what the old fragrance meant to me and made me feel like ... I was looking for another fragrance that replaced it, but none satisfied me completely...

I still missing my dear MDC 2005, felt that fragrance was like walk through a beautiful park of Paris wearing a beautiful dress and the world was only in pastel colours in a unique atmosphere where nothing bad could happen to me, I'd be in heaven if Dior return to sell this old version. It may seem exaggerated, but without this perfume it's like they had taken a part of me.

AWalkInTheWoods
AWalkInTheWoods

I've loved Miss Dior Cherie for years but have never gotten around to buying a bottle. I finally decided this year I was going to ask for some for Christmas. It's sweet, but not too sweet. It smells like fresh strawberries with soft floral undertones.

To my enormous disappointment, when I was at the airport recently I tried some on at duty free and found that it smelled so different from what I remembered! I thought maybe my tastes had changed but when I got home I spritzed some on from my little sample vial that I've had for years and found it to be just as delicious as ever! I must have smelled the reformulated 2011 version at the airport...can't believe they changed it.

My question is-- is there any way to know if a bottle is the old version or the new version? I'm especially wondering if I ordered it online if there'd be any way to tell before I buy it... I'd love to own a bottle of the old version, but I'm not so crazy about the new one.

*Update*
Thank you to all the helpful Fragantica members who told me the difference! The 2005 version has the name etched on the bottle, the 2011 version has it in a white square sticker stuck on the bottle. :)

alana.volskaya
alana.volskaya

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE 2005 VERSION. (if u find it online, you lucky duck!)

its gourmand. when i envision a girl wearing this fragrance i think of beautiful, playful, seductive, confident.

i think its a winter fragrance.
don't let the caramel fool you - this is nothing like fantasy or pink sugar. not at all. there is nothing like this on the market. the strawberries over power the caramel and what you're left with is enchanting.

this is a more playful version of chanel mademoiselle. its glorious. i love it.

to me, its very comforting.

the strawberry leaves COULD overpower u enough that u start to dislike it, however. so be careful. i've sprayed it around my neck before - big mistake. a little on ur wrists will do ;)

lafantasy
lafantasy

this smell is classic...timeless...effortless..amazing..made me wake up happy...and every woman envy me...it also drove my boyfriend crazy;)

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

This one confused me in the first place as I found it overpowering and more suitable for older women. When I finally decided to give it a try, I adored the smell...girly, mysterious and delicious. Cute bottle as well...A lovely perfume with special notes that create a feeling of nostalgia..

scentedrat
scentedrat

Can't stand it. This is one of the few that smells exactly the same on me as it does on the paper, and on other people who are wearing it. To me it is just sweet and annoying. There is something in there that smells sort of aquatic to my nose (maybe the clean musk? I don't know) and that's what guarantees I will never ever wear it. I also find it pretty generic.

mandashell

Miss Dior Cherie..GIRL, how have you been..? LOL! Our friendship has teeter tottered over the last five years but we are FINALLY BFF's!! :D Miss Dior Cherie, IMHO, is the perfect and the ultimate girly-girl fragrance that ANY woman could pull off, age indiscriminate! :)

You have this bubbly and happy combo of sweet Strawberry, pineapple zest, popcorn and caramel goodness with a hint of Patchouli and a dose of skanky musk thrown in to take the edge off. You can wear Miss Dior Cherie to the office, the club, out with friends etc. It just works. It's also a guaranteed compliment getter.. EVERY single time I've worn this I've had someone comment on it. "Oh my, what is that?" "Damn, you smell good!" You get the idea. :)

I know people go on and on about Dior quality blah, blah, blah but this fragrance has GREAT lasting power and wonderful projection. From about 5am till nearly 11pm, I was smelling like a musky, strawberry-laden-popcorn-delight. :D Many have stated their displeasure with this perfumes sweetness but for me that is what Miss Dior Cherie does perfectly. It's delightful, delicious and I love it!! That being said PLEASE DO NOT OVER APPLY! Three sprays is the max unless you want cause death by perfume asphyxiation. o.O

Overall this a great and unique little scent that can't be compared to anything! Dior is doing themselves an immense disservice by discontinuing this and revamping the formula. Once the sales decline and they see that Miss Dior Cherie in it's current formula isn't selling as well then maybe they'll bring this back. Luckily for all of us we have online retailers and Ebay to keep the 2005 in rotation...well at least until that supply runs out...? :(

CozyCat

I'm not always in the mood for Miss Dior Cherie, but when I am, I absolutely adore it! The scent just makes me happy for some reason, it's so charmingly optimistic and cheerful. A very distinctive fragrance. It really is just basically a strawberry-caramel-patchoulli scent. I must say I do get alot of green, bitter patchoulli here co-existing with the jammy strawberry and chewy caramel notes, I quite like it as it gives this sticky-sweet gourmand scent a classy mademoiselle twist. The kind of scent you'd imagine a well-bred pretty young thing with impeccable manners and an impish smile would wear to a springtime tea party, she's not the slightest bit conceited, rather she's sweet, friendly and even endearingly clumsy. I'm not really getting much of the popcorn, just a certain buttery note that rounds out the scent so that must be it. The sillage is excellent so becareful how much you spray on you, it can easily get overpowering! It also lasts a whole day plus on the skin and is something I'd wear on a date or on a cool spring day outdoors. It's also a great mood-lifter for those cold grey days.

crysna
crysna

first of all i dont know what year version i tested of this one! but let me tell u that it was a horrible version, i smelled right from the bottle and didnt like it then the counter lady sprayed some of this on my wrist to see if it would change the smell with my body chemistry and the result was a terrible over sweet fragrance with the double of sunripped fruits in a bad way, i got nothing impressive only a horrible smell that was hard to get rid off from my skin and nose, so overpowering and i love sweet scents but this one in my opinion is a bad sweet scent. sorry for the lovers of this one, but its just not for me!

noninoni
noninoni

My favourite perfume ever. Probably the only perfume I would always want on my dresser. Suitable for night and day.. I am so inlove with this stuff:)

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

Im writing a review on this because #1. I love the smell of popcorn, caramel and strawberries #2. the bottle is gorgeous and heavy and lastly because they totally changed the fragranced and replaced it with a cheap looking wannabe bottle and that really pisses me off. How could a company like Dior change its fragrance and its original bottle for a cheap version of the real stuff and give it the same name???? At least dior should have named it something like "miss dior chérie version 2" cause its NOT the same thing. Anyways, I'm mad and this is my ranting review!

glad57

I can't believe that a chic company as Dior would make a fragrance that is so close to CoCo mad. It smells exactly like it, even though I like It and wear it I don't have to buy COCO any more, this is just a less exPensive one I still woUld have liked it to have smelled a little different so I could have 2 very nice designer fragrances

HowlingStarr
HowlingStarr

It's definitely not my favourite Dior's fragrance. I cant't smell majority of the notes. Don't know why...I have pretty sensible nose for beautiful scents. I wish I could smell there caramel and popcorn but instead I have an impression that I used an inexpensive soap that is smelling sickly. For sure won't buy it anymore.

And someone here wrote that this smell is childish. I won't agree. This fragrance is strong and irritant odour. Definitely for adult women.

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

omg omg i adore this fragrance
soo sad they changed it
killed my fave perfume :(

bring back 2005 miss dior cherieee

Christy2198
Christy2198

I agree it reminds me of Coco M. but it doesnt seem as sophisticated. It seems to have a bit too much fruity scent as it drys down on my wrist. I would feel fine wearing this, but it has no WOW factor in it for me. I will not buy this

glad57

LUUVIN IT! Just tried the tester and it is really wonderful, reminds me of the same notes as coco mademoiselle. modern and sophisticated but not too floral, warm scent, nice fragrant dry down and youthful w/o being kiddy pop.I never smelled the popcorn on me and will take back that awful chloe love in exchange for this, has the musky scents that i like in the bottom notes

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

I didn't knew Dior changed this perfume! I have a miniature bottle Miss Dior Chérie, from 2007. I don't really smell popcorn or caramel - those notes sounds very exciting, but I just don't like this perfume very much. To me it smells 'older', not in a bad way, but not for young women, and the advertisements suggest that this perfume is actually meant for them, right? It smells sophisticated, but it just isn't my kind of scent. The bottle is really cute, by the way.

tklicavoli
tklicavoli

Miss Dior Cherie is carefree, whimsical, and charming.

To start, strawberry leaves and light green fruit notes swirl about me like candy colored horses of a carousel. There's something that smells of white wine glazed pear in the air too, but it's very fleeting. The middle of this darling fragrance has violet, jasmine, and a salty sweet kick of caramel popcorn. The base is musky and soft thanks to a very mild, green patchouli.
The scent evokes the image of a young flirtatious women in a pale pink dress riding a white horse of a carousel. In her lap is a basket of tea roses and caramel popcorn. She's nibbling on a petit four and smiling to herself, pleased with her afternoon of shopping in the market.

I wore this fragrance when I was 24. I spent most of my free time shopping for new outfits, reading books about exotic places, and listening to Motown records while sipping fruity cocktails. Pretty much anything my young heart desired!
I will still wear this fragrance on occasion (I have the teeniest bit left). Preferably on a rainy autumn day with a khaki trench and a perfect pair of ballet flats.

Miss Dior Cherie conjures the feeling of timeless youth. She is the Parisian coquette in all young women.

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

The first time I smelled this version of Miss Dior Cherie - I have yet to try the 2011 version - it came to me the picture of a girl going to a party, maybe an afternoon or evening birthday party:

A 11 /13 year old (somewhat bratty) girl - or maybe a 16 year old - entering a place wearing a dress after washing herself with strawberry soap or shampoo; then notes of caramel and popcorn come to the scene - maybe she's the birthday girl and she's munching some candy as her guests arrive, or she's simply a guest who's in the snack table, the caramel popcorn and other sweets stain her dress, but she doesn't mind. She's enjoying the party in spite it hasn't started yet.

That's what Miss Dior Cherie could be resumed: "A birthday girl with a sweet tooth" vibe that can be either annoying or contagious, depending on the mood and taste of whoever tries it.

jazmam
jazmam

I am shocked, and disappointed to say the least! What happened to my beloved 'Miss Dior Cherie?''. This 2011 remake is similar.. but I'd say it only has about 50% of what make 'Miss Dior Cherie'' great. This is now just ok.... certainly no longer good enough to overlook the high price tag.

To Christian Dior, you've just lost my business, I buy myself and my sister two bottles a year, we use it all the time and this reformulation doesn't even come close. Make a smart business decision and bring back the old... this will just never do! What a shame

KeriMarieCowart
KeriMarieCowart

Everyone who is a fan of the 2005 formula but HATES the new "enhanced" 2011 formula PLEASE go to the Dior website to complain and ask for the 2005 formula BACK! They FINALLY responded to my many complaints and told me it was NOT changed it was "Enhanced" Enhanced my big booty! It was DESTROYED!!!

LadyNatalie

This is such a recognizable scent and very popular, yesterday i went to party and a lot of girls had miss dior cherie!! This is more of a day time scent, and smells pretty 4 yards away!! This Standouts like Intense Patchouli, Popcorn and Strawberry syrup!! Gourmand gone wrong! I guess the intense patchouli, ruins the other notes for my nose...
When i use perfume, i want to feel special, this is so popular, i mean do you want to smell like everyother girl? When i tested this on my skin i couldn't stand it, SO artificial, i guess this is one of those, you either love or hate, and so popular, that you will remember forever, maybe this scent will bring memories in the future.
The bottle is super cute, i love Dior fragrances, sadly i can't stand the Eau de parfum on me, i prefer Miss Cior Cherie L'eau, elegant, floral and weareable for me, but no so distinctive, i am searching for a floral gardenia jasmin elixir.

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

OMG I came home for a visit and my younger sister has a bottle of this. It is divine! I wore e.l.f brand candied strawberry lotion underneath and sprayed this on top. It smelled goreous. At first sniff it reminded me of something familiar and lovely and as it dried down it was heavenly with fruit abound, sensual musk and a resilience I have not found in other fragrances. Love, love, love this! <3

poisonivy87
poisonivy87

Very seductive and wild smell, not to mention sensual and feminin. Its good for both night and day and all the four seasons! I love this perfume one of my favorites!

Jellybean
Jellybean

sweets and popcorn that's all I can smell. reminds me of movies, various perfumes and popcorn mix. dislike this one; think I've smelled it way too much everywhere.

olga1780
olga1780

I have not tried the new version, but I wish they kept this one on the market, because I will miss it dearly when it's gone for good . As crazy as popcorn note may sound, it was a genious idea, giving the perfume warmth, depth and exclisuveness. One of the best gourmands out there!

Although not the same, Fath de Fath is very similar in character to Miss Dior Cherie.

Raina
Raina

The earlier versions of this (2005 I believe) were stunning. You could really smell the salty caramel and buttery popcorn mixed in with the soft florals and a touch of sweet strawberries. The newer reformulation is like a completely different perfume, no caramel, hardly any fruit, and certainly no popcorn. Its just on big floral. Truly, truly sad.

Rach1
Rach1

Wow! There are SO many reviews here! I wil always LOVE this fragrnce! Don't like the new one though. I like this one. SO fancy and definately smells french. It gets away with having a sweet flirty smell while still being sophisticated. I always feel rich when wearing it! Smells soooooo good! One of the top fragrances I own in my huge collection! So fancy and elegant.

trolleywood
trolleywood

Will always have a special place in my heart, I've always likened this to a younger but equally as heavy Flowerbomb

smellgoodhallie
smellgoodhallie

You have not smelled a fragrance until you've smelled Miss. Dior Cherie. The eau de parfum is so much better smelling than eau de toliette and for the price difference you might as well get the parfum. This is deff a day & night scent; however you can feel sophisticated wearing this to a special occasion.

hellywood
hellywood

I am glad that I haven't bought this right upon testing it. I loved it after spraying it on the wrists. Very sweet. I loved the strawberry notes. HOWEVER, a few hours later, it started smelling like men's cologne. It is not coming off, pretty durable apparently :)

MsRachael
MsRachael

I've included this one in my "love" section not because it makes me do a dance of joy personally, but because when I wear it, people lurk around corners to pounce. They pin me down to the sidewalk, and demand to know what I'm wearing. A few have even forced me to write down the name, so they can go and purchase it immediately. I had a woman once interrogate me about it in a cheese shop, where I swear smelling anything other than roquefort and cheddar should have been impossible. I guess it just compliments my body chemistry, but the odd thing is that I can hardly detect it on myself after the first hour (though others obviously still can). It's sweet and ladylike, certainly, and seems to be an attention grabber, but I wear it more for the reaction I get than for personal enjoyment of the notes. Like eating strawberry and cherry candy in a movie theater where everyone else is eating popcorn.

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

Adore this perfume! will never go of this one! it is a not so 'In your face' version of katie price stunning!

I rarely use it as it is quite expensive so I save it for specials :) scent wise I can't quite put my finger on it.. i would say it is quite oriental rather than floral? bit of everything sweet but not too sweet with a hint of citrus...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Lini Darling
Lini Darling

Oooo, yum!

Miss Cherie...

This perfume smells pure and sensual and sophisticated and fun.

Is she complex? Yes and no...
Is she beautiful? Well...not exactly.

Is she lovely? :) absolutely. !

This perfume smells fantastic on me. I do not smell any popcorn while it is on my skin. I mostly smell the patchouli, musk, strawberries, and the creamy jasmine.

I melds with you so it doesn't *really* smell like you are wearing perfume! :) I love that!! :) :)

Although, there are more important things in life than which perfume suits you...it's very nice to finally find one that does.

(In my opinion, this smells different on EVERY single woman. Especially if you spritz it directly after a shower!) <3

- Lini

melodi
melodi

miss dior makes me happy! it takes you to the another Happy , fresh and good feellings wolrd when you use it ! its sweet scene but if you can wear it true and not much in one day , its never will be boring its sexy and rich ... very yummmmy and suitable for young simple happy girls.yes its too long lasting becoz already its dior :x

maddame

Very strong, slightly boozey smelling perfume. Cute, but it smells the same on every person I encountered who wore Miss Dior Cherie. I think a perfume should enhance your natural beauty, and not be worn like a mask.

Miss Dior Cherie is overpowering and has few nuances. Nice, but little sophisticated, I wouldn't buy it again, as I do not want to smell like any other girl on the street.

cheeks
cheeks

A very whimsical and optimistic, girly fragrance that is simultaneously classy. It really is just concentrated strawberry puree, sticky caramel, and chewy, green patchoulli, a strangely delicious composition that nevertheless has a tendency to feel 'sticky' because of the intense sweetness (not a scent I can personally wear everyday due to this). However, I do love that this perfume is unique, plus it has a gorgeous sillage and amazing lasting power (over 12 hours on my skin!). It really induces feelings of happiness and self-confidence in a charming, adorable way. Not just for teens, it can be worn by full-grown women with sunny personalities and a high tolerance for sweetness. It goes so well with a cute dress in spring :D

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

Perfect for spring! It´s optimistic, happy fragrance for girl/woman who is happy from her life.

supernova1894
supernova1894

This is by far my favorite of all the time! I feel afraid of this ending but I can't help in using it.
It's like a splash of youth,peace and romance. I'm almost eighteen now and I'm pretty sure that I'll keep on this for a very long time.

Thousands of stars for this!

cupcakeprincessponies
cupcakeprincessponies

Miss Dior Cherie is a perfume which women of all ages can benefit from. When I smell it, my first thought is "mmh, something I've smelled before." This is a perfume that is easy to make your own! Because it's just so unique and gentle. It's not a perfume which only needs to be used at the right moment and place, it can be used for everything and will not bother anyone, but only please.

ms.angeni
ms.angeni

i love it,i am just lost with all the editions....they should really change the bottles more so u can make a difference between them.
i have it in a bottle with a spray bulb,no ideea if it is 2005 or 2007.....

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

At first, I didn't like this at all......probably because I am into heavier Dior scents. I was like 'this is Dior?' So, I let it settle into my skin a while, and it is transforming into a beautiful, strawberry/patchouli/violets/musk blend. These are the most dominant notes...love the violet. The violet is identical to Thierry Mugler's Violet Angel. The caramel is not too heavy and the popcorn is mellow. It's perfect for the summer. Not my absolute fave....but I do like for its playful charm. I have a feeling I am going to like the re-formulation better.....

jennibean

Smells like rosy champagne to me. Beautiful and subtle :)

saramariah

@lady million, try Coco Mademoiselle if you love this one, its really lovely too, im swiching from dior to CHANEL :)

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

I really like this perfume i just bought the last one at a local perfume store really don't understand why Dior killed off this Miss Dior Cherie for that terrible new one this one was perfect the ad the model the juice the bottle i have to ask why Dior if you wanted to make a older version for the older generation than you could have kept both this and the new one not replace this one lucky i bought a bottle Miss Dior Cherie 100ml

megank4
megank4

I love this scent, I wore it on my wedding day, a late may wedding. It is definitely a younger scent.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

it's a warm fragrance, a classic by Dior. I love wearing it in the spring. the EDT is SO DIFFERENT!!! even some ingredients are not the same (check dior.com).
I prefer the lighter version (the patchouli is sometimes a bit too noticeable and heavy). some people i know say it smells like bread but i really don't care. :)

incandescent
incandescent

Miss Dior Cherie in brief:
Chypre-gourmand, Sticky-sweet, Fresh, Vibrant, 'Happy-go-lucky charm and elegance', Youthful, Care-free, Optimistic, Playful, Pink, Green.

Special feature:
You can almost taste the deep-green, bitter-freshness of patchoulli here...EXCEPT...it is coated with the warmest, gooey-est caramel and the stickiest, sweetest, strawberry jam.

Who/When/Where:
Not just for teens or college girls, it is great for playful and coquettish feminine types of any age who don't want to skimp on quality. Great for all seasons, except for hot summers outdoors, MCD is too much for hot days. I especially love it in spring mornings. Great as a casual, everyday scent, day-time semi-formal parties/gatherings, or even to work if you are in a creative-line of work. In my opinion, it is too 'bright' for the night.

Sillage and Longevity:
Excellent projection and longevity with the EDP, a solid 12 hours on my skin and I could still smell traces after that. It is pretty strong and sweet, so do not over-spray.

Additional notes:
This is my signature scent! I have been told that it goes extremely well with my laidback, feminine demeanor and my boho-chic style.

movs
movs

This is a real "mademoiselle" fragrance and by that I don't mean that it's exclusively for young women but rather that this is a youthful scent.

It's a sweet, fruity and elegant scent. It opens with a heavy dose of strawberries and patchouli. I also detect cherries and pineapple very clearly but the florals are weak. It settles to a very volatile caramel scent, still with some fruitiness.
I don't know if it's a question of chemistry but on me this perfume (the EDP) is a close-to-the-skin scent and longevity is extremely poor.

Personally I'm not crazy about sweet fruits and caramel mixed with patchouli. In spite of that it's still an elegant and pretty fruity.

It will do equally well for the mature woman looking for a "grown up" fruity as for the young woman who wants a chypre that is not too "serious".

In 3 words: YOUNG - SWEET - ELEGANT

fgamz
fgamz

i do love this perfume, its sweet and warm at the same time which is a difference as i find that most sweet perfumes are cool but not this one, i can smell the strawberries and fruits in this, with a subtle bit of caramel.. Its a very nice smell from top to base notes, id give it a 9/10 i dont like the fact they will discontinue this though because of the new one, i personally think it should be named different but not get rid of it altogether..

I do find it a bit young but i still like it i know a 34 year old woman who can pull this off well so i think it could be very versatile.

sjd610
sjd610

A guy friend recommended this to me, and I'm glad he did, I love it! However, a full squirt is too much for me, it's very strong and I get a headach easily. Apart from its intensity, I really like this perfume. I think it would be perfect for any season, but I'm liking wearing it in winter atm; its a very warm scent. It's cute, girly and has a flirtatiousness about it; and obviously the boys love it ;)

caydesugar
caydesugar

i personally don't like this. this perfume smells like 'perfume'. and i personally like perfumes that don't smell like a 'perfume', if you know what i mean. lol.

i like more foody kind-of scents like Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Britney's Midnight Fantasy and Viva La Juicy :)

Kiku
Kiku

The epitome of "cute" from the cherry opening to the buttery, caramel corn drydown. Then there's the adorable bottle that looks like a package tied with a silver bow. Seems to have been intended as a first perfume for a little princess. Very girly.

Letylda
Letylda

This scent on the first sneef is alike to Coco Mademoiselle but after a while start be a sweeter and sweeter. Is quite nice but nothing speciale, is just smell like bubble gum, which I remember from 80's.

Rosita.Castro.Ruiz
Rosita.Castro.Ruiz

My mom has this... as my suggestion. And actually, I love it. Is so mademoiselle and madame at same time. It's wonderful. You feel chic, sexy and you feel charming :)

Marie-Chantal
Marie-Chantal

I don't know how many efforts i've made to stand this perfume as i generally like the chypre floral ones as well as those which seem a little bit retro' as miss dior cherie,but i find something irritating and probably old-fashioned as it dries down.I don't know why and i can't give any other explanation,although i initially liked it.

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

Holy strawberries! The caramel is lovely. It's like a candy shop, and without the typical loud, juvenille, synthetic fruit or cotton candy notes. I enjoyed it.

mystica
mystica

For years I couldn't actually wear Miss Dior Cherie finding it so sweet, a bottle of it was lost somewhere forgotten. Only recently I decided to dig up my drawers with MDC in mind to give it another chance. Right now I feel lucky having been kept it.

Though this is still not an everyday type of stuff for me, occasionally wearing it makes me feel good as it's a girlish, energetic, happy to go type of fragrance.

NG
NG

it reminds me by my colleague times coz my colleagues brought to me one in the 2nd year and I used to wear it.
When I get back to it, my fiancé loves it more than any perfume I used to wear in time I just find it lovely but normal, I love it for him!

Mandana
Mandana

I keep coming back to Miss Dior Chérie as I love sweet perfumes. It is a very youthful, warm and sexy fragrance, full of life and enthusiasm. The opening notes burst out like sweet pink candy floss dipped in a bowl of warm puréed fruit, and then dribbled with something vaguely chocolately..... mmmmm the opening took me by surprise! I wanted to "eat" what I was smelling. I get loads of compliments about this fragrance, the sillage reminding me of a "honey trail": once smelt, not easily forgotten! I feel confident and feminine when I wear Miss Dior Chérie. The drydown is sweet and pleasantly creamy/fruity and stays on for hours. I get the violet but not the rose notes. Strangely, I dont get the base notes of musk and patchouli. Wear it for a romantic dinner date and your date will be bedazzled :)

ariyah
ariyah

Realmente es un buen perfume.Es muy dulce, como a mí me gustan. Tiene un olor intenso y con complejidad, y una duración altísima. Tengo que echarme poca cantidad porque me resulta demasiado pesado e intenso. Me parece un aroma elegante,sexy y muy femenino. Lo uso en noches muy determinadas, cuando me arreglo para una fiesta o una cena especial. Me huele a miel, a flores y a muchas otras cosas más que no sé describir. La esencia de palomitas también la siento, pero muy suave. Está bien pero no es de mis preferidos.

TiaTia
TiaTia

I love it! It's like having an evening with friends going to the cinema, eating popcorn, just having a good time. I love the atmosphere, the lights go out and the curtain falls. This Eau de Parfum is like watching a feel-good movie!
Also reminds me watching some disney films with my family, when I was a kid. The air filled with popcorn scent, the counter filled with so many sweets... and myself being so excited. This scent makes me feel like a kid again without being just a scent for teens.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

This scent is absolutely unique. I was amazingly surprised when I first tried it because the caramelized popcorn note reminded me of my childhood in such a pleasant way, but at the same time it wasn´t a childish perfume. In fact, Miss Dior Cherie is sweet and festive as a child´s party but, at the same time, it´s complex and very sensual. That´s why I find it really difficult to describe.
I guess the only way to understand what I mean is by smelling it. If you´re a lover of sweet perfumes, don´t miss it.

ordealbyfire
ordealbyfire

I know someone that wears it, and it smells ridiculously good. It opens fruity and floral, and at times it almost smells like candy. After a couple hours it dries down and I think it smells even better - I can't exactly explain it, but it gets a musk that I really like. I'm pretty picky about what a girl wears, but this one's a winner.

Norgirl
Norgirl

this is so so delicios. i realy like the start of this . fresh , fizzy, sparkely ,sweet. like a tropical drink . Oranges blended whit pinapples , mm.. Cherryes, ah ,strawberryes,oh...And the mix all togheter . to go wild for:)I oly wish it could last bit longer. then in to the next stage. flowers in a georges harmoni. Jasmin ,rose and violets mixed togehter just right, and in comes the Popcorn and caramell. Living a trace off vanilla in all its glory. I jujst want to eat it. Still fresh not at all cloye.
the dry down is so soft and gental one the skin , in fact i whould have wished it a little stronger :)
Musk , light Patcholi and delicios amber .
this is a joyos funny perfume , But in a classy way.
could have last a bit longer . But then again . My skin eats perfume:)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I've never smelt a fruity chypre before, so was interested to see what this would be like. It is such an odd combination. The fruity notes are all there, yet is has that depth you would associate with chypres.
The opening is pure strawberry and as it wears you get the sweetness of the caramel, but it's not sickeningly sweet. The musk shows it's face for a little bit at the end, but isn't dominant at all. I think it is the caramel, violet and jasmine that replicate the chypre aspect of this fragrance,making it cloying. Though I would swear there was peach in this. This is quite a young fragrance too, also unexpected from a chypre. This is a new kind of fruity fragrance, which is not clear like most, but deep, due to it's chypre side. Really quite a unique perfume, particularly good if you like strawberry.

CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

@ Miss Dior Cherie, hola yo me enteré en el re-lanzamiento de la nueva versión 2011 que dejarán de producir la versión antigua, lo cual quiere decir que las versiones del 2005 desaparecerán por completo. Afortunadamente tengo ambas versiones y según lo que me dijeron las vendedoras del stand de Dior, la única nota que se sacó es la nota dulce del pop corn, no se si será tan cierto, porque los encuentro bastante distintos, yo adoro la versión antigua ya que es más joven y dulce, en cambio la nueva versión es más seria y formal desde mi punto de vista mas floral y más parecido al estilo de Coco Mademoiselle edp...
Espero que ya tengas la versión 2005 o consigas una antes que desaparezca...
Cariños!

maddame

At first, it smelled like wine to me, with all the cherry and the strawberry. The drydown is ok, but nothing spectacular.

Very popular fragrance, but nothing special to me. I wouldn't buy a second bottle.

sofiii
sofiii

Miss Dior Cherie (EDP) is actually quite a nice/tolerable version of the Miss Dior Cherie line perfumes introduced up to 2010, which I’ve tried so far.

It starts really sweet, like sweet strawberry jam and a lot of other sweet gourmand but light stuff mixed together.

After the strawberry phase, there’s something like watery vanilla/sweet Play-doh/slightly lemon-flavoured shortbread kinda biscuit (which I also smell from Black Orchid from Tom Ford). Also the popcorn is definitely there, it smells rather creamy/buttery and I wasn’t able to put my finger through what it is, then…yep, popcorn! Somehow I find the popcorn smell ruins it, I don’t feel the whole concoction blended in harmony. Maybe it was trying to be the next Angel, however, there is only one Angel for now, or for a while, I guess the process of from mixing a bunch of weird notes to really form an amazing, or at least different perfume from many others, need some really good sparks.

Miss Dior Cherie just dried in a flat and staled way, with a lot of popcorn inspired play-doh sweetness.

Not my cup of tea.

Merri
Merri

I agree with Ojosverdes totally. I had each on my wrists at the same time and there is a huge difference, different perfumes completely. The newer one may have had a slight, tiny hint of strawberry leaves maybe (or maybe I had the strawberry from the other wrist contaminating my nose!). The new version is a pretty floral but I prefer the sweet strawberry note of this one. Too bad they discontinued it; they should have just made the new version a summer flanker or something.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I'm smelling the old version and the new version side by side and the difference is enormous. They can be treated as two distinct perfumes. The new version is more Angelesque focusing more on the vanilla and caramel. I would like to compare the new version to Si lolita as I can detect some similarities there. As for the older version, it was all about strawberries, patchouli and musk. However the older version is much better than the new one IMO. The old version has more originality to it. The newer one seems like a copy cat of some other perfume mixed in with the skeleton of the old Miss Dior Cherie. It smells good don't get me wrong but if you loved the old version you will be disappointed with one! You will miss the strawberry notes there are non exiting in the newer version.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

Debe conseguir una de estas antes de que por su version 2011 desaparezca en su totalidad el otro dia cuando me entere estaba muy triste luego fui a mi perfumeria favorita y solo estaba en existencia la version 2011 ya no estaba la version 2005 ¿¿¿¿¿Dejara la casa dior de tirarla la reemplazara totalmente?????? :(? Me invade la duda

Dâmaris O Batista Silva
Dâmaris O Batista Silva

I liked this perfume after trying several times. I now see it as a perfume young, free and happy. I regret that is the end, you will be missed

chloeee

Very sweet, happiness-inducing perfume!
I like it!

At first, I thought it was just for young girls.
However, whenever I wear this one, men are busy turning their heads to snuff it more!

Summary :
Seduction in disguise of Innocence <3

remas2008
remas2008

very nice perfume ,, sweety perfume sooo girlish
i think smell as like sweet rose with amber ,, amazing

samsara1977
samsara1977

Oh, how I've been trying to love this one! It's so popular and everyone calls it fresh and sweet.
I've been testing this several times and I like the smell at the start. After a while I'm getting bored by the smell. It stays the same and I don't feel feminine wearing it.
It's like a little girl's perfume, my daughter could be wearing this pretending to be a princess!

If you like strawberry but still want to stay with the feminine perfumes, try Hot Couture by Givenchy.
I even find it too strong for summer, it's not fresh on me.

It is way to expensive for what it is, it would fit in the Escada-range (you know the one with the same smell every year but in a different coloured-bottle).

sofababe

I have the original version of this, I haven't smelled this years reformulation and if reviews here are anything to go by I guess I don't want to.
This fragrance, as Lizzie81 says, smells French! Its lovely, pretty, sweet without being sugary. From the name I'm imagining its aimed at the young end of the market, teens and 20s, but at 41 I really love the way it smells on my skin.
I'm going to make the most of my bottle, and try to find an original formulation for sale somewhere.

All these people loving this one!! I was surely not one of the fans! I think this a very modern perfume, but not in the style I care for too much. It is not that I dislike it, I just would have wanted this perfume to be 10 times the strength.

BUT: If you DO love this one, but would want a better price for this fragrance, go for Lady MacSteed Prune. I just think it is a true twin of MDC.
Good luck!

taylorlalune
taylorlalune

i love this perfume. I think its perfect for someone who wants a soft, sweet, innocent perfume to wear.

jessc45
jessc45

does anyone know what if the new editiion of the fragrance is better or worse than the original?
Because I want to know if the original version is still available for purchase. thankss

MiamiSupermodel
MiamiSupermodel

Really sweet, but not in a good way. I had to scrub it off, and that's something I've only done a few times in my life! I'd say its nice for a VERY young girl.

chloeee

@Buddhizt Oh, I see :) I couldn't find it's charming point sadly. really great fragrance though! There must be something I haven't found yet. I should try again this one! Thank you for your opinion! :)

chloeee

Very fruity and sweeeeet.
Playful girl comes in my mind rather than mature glamorous woman.
It would be amazing to be worn on a drowsy spring day.
Love the scent! It's really comforting and cute.

Caution :
It's not seductive type. If you want to impress guys, find another one.

KatherineB
KatherineB

AMAZING! I sampled the EDP today and at first i was a bit disappointed because all i got hit with was a strong alcholic scent! But after raising my wrist to my nose a second time, well, by then iit was as if the fragrance had bloomed on my wrist and it was heavenly; feminine, not too sweet and that gosh darn posh expensive, crisp scent i look for in any fragrance that I purchase. So this is definitely a keeper! and will for sure be purchasing it :)

ClockworkCat
ClockworkCat

I first fell in love with the newer EDP version, but I recently managed to get ahold of the original by accident. There are subtle differences, but they are as much the same perfume as Mitsouko and it's previous incarnation.

To clear things up, the ingredients are basically the same but there is a bit more emphasis on the mandarin and jasmine, a little less of the 'popcorn' and cherry. I can still recognise it as the same concept and it has to be the same basic stuff to keep the name. Incidentally not all of the notes will be listed, they never are. The original Opium doesn't have oakmoss listed on here, but my bottle says there are two different species of it in there :P

On to the perfume. There is even more of the wonderful 'champagne' note in here, which I really like. A bit less mandarin (I love mandarin, so this is something I love about the newer one). I do enjoy the cherry overload :) All in all, it's a bit more girly but a little less refined. I love them both. I think it is best to own several versions of a perfume if you really love it, so for me this is a happy accident. I will still eventually buy the new one as well. I have introduced several friends to Miss Dior Cherie and they have all loved it too. My boyfriend loves it. I doubt many people out there could possibly hate this masterpiece *^_^*

Along with Mitsouko, this is one I plan to keep in my wardrobe forever ღ

vincy_gal

I definitely smell the cherry...and there was something else which I couldn't identify but now reading these reviews I realize it's popcorn. A touch weird, but it's very interesting. Not sure if this would work for me as I am older.

ebowman630
ebowman630

To me this scent of perfume smells "flirty" in a way. Many girls who have not tryed it need to try it! It is yummy!

saratansey4U
saratansey4U

It's a big favourite of many of my friends but all I can find is a dryly demure scent that lingers in a gentle sort of way. It's one I'd wear for the office or for a girls' get-together in Starbucks. Nothing wrong with that, but the hype led me to expect more. I'd prefer Coco Mademoiselle for chic any day, or, better yet, Coco.

MDC is a nearly perfume. It's lacking that little extra tweak that makes a perfume breathtaking. Pity!

purfecteaz

This is the older version of EDP which comes in the white box and "Miss Dior Cherie" writing on the bottle. The new version comes in the pink labeled box and white label glued on the bottle. The two are similar still very different. As you can see from the notes. The new one is less sweet, more leafy green smell. This version is with all the delicious food scent, very sweet and tarty and little bit stronger. Staying power to me is better, too. Definitely is muskier and sexier. Everybody around me seem like this scent, a lot.

whiten
whiten

this one is a cutie! from the scent to the little bow, this perfume is all about being pretty and sweet. really sweet. a girl between 13-16 would love this, but after teen years? meh, don't think so.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

After a revisit to my bottle of MDC I still am on the fence...I have a strong mental trigger when I wear this scent, of those strawberry popcorn balls we made in the 1970's for Halloween parties at school or Christmas time. It is pretty, but very sweet & I am sure there is most certainly a market for it because many women can wear it well, I'm sure. (Just not me?!) I adore the bottle & it is on my dressing table even though I hardly ever wear the perfume.

lilka
lilka

I bought MDC recently. It was a blind buy. My first impression was, too sweet ,maybe overpowering sweet. But then after 30 minutes it became one of the most interesting and undescripable scents I've ever had. I love it and don't regret spending a big sum of money on it. MDC is worth being a part of any perfume collection. It's long lasting may be one of the most beautiful scents of Dior.I open my wardrobe where my perfumes are and ...what a wanderful scent?!!!!...yes it's my Cherie!!!!

abigail5328
abigail5328

Everything about this fragrance screams 'sweet!'
Girly and youthful, sweet and innocent but with a hint of sophistication and class!
The strawberry note is very prominent. In my opinion it is like strawberry champagne!
And the bottle is super sweet with the cute silver bow!
Could be worn day or night and any season!
The staying power is excellent! It lasts a long time without being overwhelming.
Total sweetness in a bottle! Well done Dior!

Zwiebel
Zwiebel

I bought a spare bottle of this (in case I one day run out) this week.. I think for the new version it will take some time arrive to the local shops

The popcorn and strawberry make this one interesting, so sweet and girly. It's a pity they're discontinuing it...

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

I love this! It smells like a sparkling sweet glass of strawberry champagne! At least to me anyway. It could definitely be too sweet for some. Example: If you like strawberries and champagne from Victoria's Secret you will really love this!

Matin
Matin

This essence was my memory of Paris, charming packaging , fun and feminine aroma is the perfect setting for the memory of those days. Now lovingly preserved as part of the collection, a lovely aroma very special and different, a girl "Miss Cherie" (a shame not to show up more cherries) female, funny and very charming.
In my skin is not too sweet, it retains a predominantly fruity tangerine and pineapple and a touch of pink popcorn feature, but very soft. There is a smell so I do not usually use because it do not define me (and not because it is too sweet or loaded), only use him from time to time. Miss Dior Cherie certainly seems like a very special perfume , beautiful ... and do not want it done !!!!.

CurlyWurly

A love-hate relationship connects me with this perfume. If I have it I can´t stand it. If I haven´t it I miss it and I want it back. It smells a little bit too artificial for my nose, but there is something that captives me since years. Maybe the magic of the bottle? The easygoing girly image? I don´t know I only know I will love-hate it forever. But I give it another try. :-) Crazy!

madge369
madge369

This scent lasts for ages and gets better the longer on. At first the smell of pineapples dominates but then mellows down to a lovely sweet fruity scent.A scent that does not go unnoticed. When you enter a room wearing this, you enter 5 minutes after the fragrance.
I don't know why, but this scent makes a rainy day feel warm and sunny!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This just smells horrible on me. I am a BIG fan of the gourmand scents but this just did not work with me. I also found it to be overly priced for what you get. I even went back a month later to try it again thinking I would have a change of heart but still NO! It smells so putrid on my skin that even after washing my arm 3 times it was still there. My husband even smelled it and gagged! Beyond horrible. I thought Angel stunk on me but this may be worse. Such a shame as other Dior fragrances smell really good on me.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Ok here my 2 cents on this scent:
I don't get the hype. It smells like strawberry something and it also smells like popcorn but it smells so aldehydic at the same time. It's powdery but not the smooth and lovely powder, more rough and artificial. It literally tickles my throat. It's sweet but also old lady-ish musky.
I don't understand why teenies love it, I reckon it's the bottle and the promotion. And it's so overpriced! But for the Mrs Cherie-Lovers, there are great cheap dupes around: Katie Price Stunning and for UK: next Diamond. Ssssshhhh! :)

Inche
Inche

I love it-least 3 times spray:)sweet and warm.Feel the strawberry....
Smells different if u are near to ocean(NY) like example is little bit heavy or some other place(Europe) away from the water or humidity,then is lighter.

saramariah

To me this is Spring and Summer in a bottle!! It´s so lovely I cant even find words :))

wingz85
wingz85

Too sweet, too overpowering. I used to like this at first impression but after one friend use it I just don't like it anymore. When she walked to a room, the scnet just takes over the whole room and it lingers like a sweet-sickening haze. Maybe she used too much, though, I don't know. But I live in the tropics so scents like this may not be as appreciated as lighter, fresher ones

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Very fruity and sweet and not that memorable. It is ok if you like sweet fruity. To me, it smells ordinary and is easily forgettable. Coco Mademoaselle is way better.

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Too sweet. Too much going on at the same time. Bleh I don't like it at all! For reference one of my favorite scents are Burberry Brit and Calvin Klein Euphoria. This one just hasn't got it...

jolielady
jolielady

Very nice perfume,graceful and surprisingly sultry after a while. Like all the Diors, it can become associated with a memorable time or place forever, and always bring it back

It's way more interesting and flirty than ever Coco Mademoiselle. I just don't understand why anybody puts them in the same category except for the "Miss" in the names they have nothing in common.

I love how the Diors are so distinctive and yet there is something that says Dior about them all, just like the beautiful cut of expensive French clothes.

The bottles of Diors are so perfect too,so right for each perfume.It's a pity that the colour is so insipid pinky,I would have liked it better a deep dusky apricot.

fleurdelis
fleurdelis

I have been jonesing for Miss Cherie for SO long, but I held out because this is my bestie's signature fragrance, and I always felt like I was copying her when I tried it on myself. But then I realizd--I can just wear it when she isn't around. If it brings you joy, you gotta have it! :)

I have Coco Mademoiselle and love it, and while the two are similar (bright and fruity beginning, more serious drydown), I consider them to be quite different as well. I definitely agree that Cherie is much more gourmand. Mademoiselle is more perfume-y, like most Chanels. Bottom line, if you like both, get them! Totally worth it!

MDC is a cute, fun, fashionable and free-spirted young woman who isn't afraid to be herself! She likes art, being outdoors,thrift shopping... she is unique! And almost everyone likes her, even if they can't quite say why...

gatsby
gatsby

Luv you, girl! You are pure and shinny like a little Sun! Lots of fruits, hugs, kisses and dreams..inside this awesome bottle.

glitterz664
glitterz664

hmmmm to me the opening is like the mix of caramel and orange but the dry down is so adorable!!!! absolutely love it.... abit like Coco Mademoiselle to me =))
vanilla n rose hahaha

miZZpuRRfect

Beyonce's fave perfume, no surprise her 'Heat' does smell quite the same ;) someone mentoined this in the forum and i went to test it in the local perfumestore, it reminded me to Dior Chérie even if the notes listed are different.

Miss Dior Chérie is indeed similar to Coco Mademoiselle but less classy and more gourmand. it's my all time fave since year. just love it!

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I find some similarities with Coco mademoiselle by Chanel, but with more gourmand and fruity notes (I can notice strawberry and pineapple). Very happy fragrance!!! :)

NNN
NNN

Can you remember the Powerpuff Girls creation? Back in 1998? "Sugar, spice and everything nice?"
Well, I think that Miss Dior Chérie is kinda like that, but maybe not so sugary or spicy.
Dior made the most charming and adorable combination, it's so feminine and playful, but sophisticated at the same time.
Made for a powerful young lady.
I really like it!

Coca
Coca

I I detect the caramel popcorn note here,as I always say,and I love it in the dry downs.I have it in consantrated version(perfume)and it smalls different. Don't know why.

lizaan
lizaan

I've had this fragrance forever! Remembering reading a magazine where it said this was Beyonce's fav perfume and then I just had to get it! My mum bought it for me like ages ago so I should probably wear it all up before it gets bad.

It's a really nice and sweet scent, which is a common description to fragrances but this is special it's kind of hard to describe it.
I love this bottle, it's kind of a must have in my bathroom cabinet although I'll probably not hurry too much to get a new one.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Funny how this scent is named "Miss Dior Cherie" but the few people I smelled this perfume on recently were ladies, not girls.
However, this fruity and sunny fragrance reminds me of pleasant and carefree moments as I've been heavily complimented on this one by guys I was dating in my 20's (one of them once told me he couldn't get my scent out of his head! In that time I just had samples, but after that I had to buy it :D).
Indeed Miss Dior Cherie is by far the perfume I got more compliments on, so I suppose it fits my chemistry and personality although it's not my favorite scent.
It's perfect for spring and first days of summer (surely, if you're into fruity-chypre fragrances), because it's bright and creamy at the same time. Great lasting power too.
I can't smell popcorn at all, but I perceive a playful and childish note when I spray it on that always gets me into a positive mood.
The bottle is cutest too, it fits the fragrance perfectly for its shape and colour.
Good job Christine Nagel :)!

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

This fragrance is sooo adorable!! Very light, clean, and balanced. My first thought, "spring bridal";the aroma for a tender spirit. This fragrance is so balanced, it would be hard to hate by many of us who are devoted to a variety of fragrance families. You would be tying too hard if you dislike this fragrance. At worse, I can say, maybe you're just not-in-the-mood for it.

Hidden Hermia
Hidden Hermia

I enjoy this on other people but not on me. I think if you like girly syrupy fragrances this would be great for you but i just can’t do it. Im only 21 so its not that i feel to ‘mature’ for the sent its just not something i wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing. It has too much of a synthetic sweet quality for my taste personally.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

Oh MISS DIOR CHERIE! You are so much fun. Juicy strawberries, a little bit of caramel popcorn, tender petals of rose and violets and voilà… you have joyful, sparkly and carefree MISS DIOR CHERIE. This light scent is like a smile. It is not overly complex, or dramatic, or even very serious. But it manages to capture the wonderful spirit of being young or young at heart and enjoying the life in its fullest.

At first I smell beautiful juicy strawberries. I suppose there are other notes in the opening but it is the strawberries that make this fragrance so irresistible. The scent is fresh, slightly sweet and delicious. The tender rose and violets are mingled with the hint of caramel popcorn in the heart notes. The popcorn note fits the fragrance well. The dry down is light amber musk. On my skin patchouli is not strong or even very noticeable. I guess it just adds a bit of depth to the fragrance but never takes a centre stage.

I have EDT, which has light and sparkly quality. I have to admit that I was not impressed with this scent right away but when I started wearing it, it captured my heart. I noticed that I am always reaching for it in the mornings. I wear it for work and on the weekends. It is very versatile but at the same time unique and chic. I often get compliments on this one. Another big winner from DIOR!

ichigogirl
ichigogirl

Oooh, I love it! Why haven't I bought it yet? My little test-bottle is running out!

Maybe it's too similar to Victor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, which has been my signature scent for a few years, until I grew a bit tired of it a while ago. Probably so.

They both definitely smell a LOT like arctic raspberries (Rubus arcticus, or Åkerbär in Swedish), the lovliest berries in the world! They smell like a beautiful, concentrated blend of mature strawberries and raspberries with a fresh, perfum:ey note to it.

Miss Dior Cherie is very sweet, very strong (great sillage!), and at the same time very soft. It's got streaks of exotic flowers and freesia (I looove freesia) and an ever so slight hint of violets. Not too much.

On the downside it really makes me sneeze (maybe I sniff it too much?).

But then there's the vanilla/toffee/patchouli/musk base, my nose gets some rest and I'm all seduced...

tennischick
tennischick

I really wasn't sure of this scent at first spray... strong at first and all I smelled was white flowers which I don't care for but after it dryed down it was totally differant, I just love it! sweet, warm & fresh, I do get the carmel & popcorn like sweet & salty but with a floral fresh twist! I like that this is long lasting on my skin most scents just fade away. I hope to get compliments that will be the true test if it is a keeper. It might make my favorite list!

justpeachy
justpeachy

Young, but sophisticated - Miss Dior Cherie is light and sweet but a little spicy. "Enticing" is a wonderful word to describe it. The first thought that runs through my mind upon spraying it is "champagne" - it's that same bubbly sweetness with a touch of elegant complexity.

It opens flowery - violet and jasmine - and the fruits and gourmand notes grow into their full sweetness a few minutes later. On my skin, both the jasmine and caramel linger into the drydown, when the patchouli notes become much stronger.

It ends up a little bit too spicy for me to want to wear on a daily basis, but I can easily see wearing this scent to a wedding, or to a conference for work. It's optimistic and warm with just a hint of subtle grown-up sexiness - same goes for the bottle, too. :)

gresa
gresa

I really like this one, it smells sweet and fruity and floral at the same time. perfect for young girls too.
I have the EDP, but it doesn't stay all day :(
I can smell it for like 15 min. but then it just disappears.
Maybe it is just me and my skin and body chemistry but I never had a problem with perfumes before.
and I bought the 100 ml for 120 euros cuz I loved the smell, and now it's a waist of money :(
I'm really sad

jolla
jolla

I LOOOVE this perfume, it's sweet but not too sweet! it's a very easy perfume so i think it's really good for every-day use. I think this perfume fits everyone between 5-30.I get alot of compliments when i use this perfume and i really like it on others to! if you havn't tried this une i think you should do it !

Contessa01
Contessa01

An outstanding perfume that I think is underrated. The fruity strawberry notes are offset nicely by the creamy caramel notes while still maintaining a freshness which will be appreciated by those who can find sweet perfumes too cloying. Highly recommended.

anointedlady
anointedlady

I like Miss Dior Cherie, however my issue with it is that it's not exactly original. It's been done before...By whom? hmmm... I think it's called Chanel Coco Mademoiselle...Past the brief top notes, Miss Dior Cherie smells identical to Coco Made. to my nose.

greek_goddes

I love the cute bottle but i can't say the same thing for the liquid!
It is too sweet for me.
Too girlish, i can't afford the strawberries and the caramel after a while.
I use to have it. I kept about a month or even less and then i gave it away.
I can also remember that it was short-lasting on my skin.
If i were in high school maybe i would wear it.
Right now it is way too syropy for me.

Vreka93
Vreka93

Beautiful, girlish, sweet, however fresh fragrance for all seasons.

Sloshpot
Sloshpot

This perfume evokes such wonderful special memories for me. My ex b/f bought me it for xmas just after we got together 5 years ago. I remember him presenting it to me as we were going on a date to a restaurant.. i would wear it all the time in the early days of our relationship in that honeymoon period! shame the partnership went sour, and although i still have about half left, I cant bring myself to wear it, as beautiful as it is.. I just cant cos it makes me sad.. but i cant get rid of it for sentimental reasons! every now and again when im selecting what perfume to wear, i'll pick this one up, take the lid off and inhale deeply, close my eyes and think of happier times!! but then i put it back and pick up another to wear. anyway, this is supposed to be a review of the perfume itself.. in short.. its beautiful, gorgeous and amazing. Just wish i could wear it without thinking of him!

zecheiroso

Top ****
Heart ****
Base *****
Final score ****

Very strong candidate on the "purchases for her" category but I need more samples.

The good
Lovely, charming fruit stand. It took a while for them to fully show up, the other notes appeared right at the beginning. Those gourmandy accords are sure yummy, at first I thought it was boozy.
Those fruits are well blended and I couldn't guess what they were except they were red.
It made me like it very much even with violet flowers among the mid notes, that's a first.

The bad
The opening is pretty confusing, and the the best part, the drydown, took "too long" to appear.

The ugly
I've got a feeling this can't really be worn in very formal settings.

Two thumbs up, way up!

corinmelody
corinmelody

i have had a bottle of miniature, but since the scent is quite odd to me, i once thought that was not a real one. but today i tested it in a department store, the scent is the same as the one i have. so that's real:O
and, i really dont like this one. at the first sniff it smells like cigarette, which is very disgusting to me, and when it stays longer, it smells like....umm..not offencing anybody..like an old lady who hasnt washed her body for days.
um, if i have to describe it in one word, then that would be, terrible.

purfecteaz

To be honest with you, I dont smell strawberry ice cream, popcorn or caramel or any of the top two notes. I smell very strong musk, patchouli and vanilla which are the bottom note. And thats a good thing because as I'm maturing, I love anything amber and patchouli. They give the fragrance a little kick and this one does the job. I get compliments anywhere I go. I wear it to the office and its not over powering. Just like the pretty girl in pink in the commercial, dont take life too seriously and have fun. This is a happy scent and make your day brighter.

camilarbm
camilarbm

What a cozy scent. It opens with fresh and juicy strawberries that minutes later are going to blend with caramel popcorn still fresh in the pan. And of course, the base notes are the signature notes that you find in every Dior scent. Just lovely!
Staying power is just amazing! It last all day long!
I guess this perfume pictures a girly girl that just wants to enjoy her time.

alicektn
alicektn

There is an invisible wonderland hidden inside this small cute bottle. In this wonderland the snow has the taste of strawberry ice cream. Every now and then there are poofy pop corn fireworks exploding in the sky. At dawn, the grass and flowers are covered with frosty caramellized drops...

________________________________________________________
______

I haven't smelled the new formula of the perfume, but when I heard that it will be reformulated a red alarm bell rang in my head. I went immediately to the local department store and bought an 100 ml bottle of Eau de Parfum. I wanted this perfume for a long time now. I cannot understand though, why discontinue the old formula? It balances perfectly between agreeable and exciting.

The last days I am enjoying it a lot. It is one of the happiest perfumes I ever had; sweet but salty, warm but transparent, green and pink. Perfect balance between dewey grass, frosted strawberries sprinkled with sugar, delicate flowers and salt.

missnina
missnina

I really like this. It is a very young, flirty, clean scent. This perfume is sweet but no overly sweet, it doesn't smell cheap. If your looking for a perfume that smells classy, young, fruity, and flirtatious try this one.By the way, last time I took from my own store, London Perfume Shop just to wear this..haha

Manya2
Manya2

Strawberries!!! This is the least chemical rendition of strawberry I have ever smelled. I really, really wish I could pull this perfume off, but unfortunately patchouli ruins it for me once again, as it leaves a weird stale saliva scent on my wrist - as if someone chewed on a strawberry and then spitted it out :< yuk... Damn you, skin chemistry! *shakes fist*

alexanna7
alexanna7

feminine,sophisticated,womanly,sensual,distinguish perfume! I love dior perfumes! Yes there is: cherry,violet,raspberry,musk,pop corn,caramel! But,there is so much more in miss dior chérie! There is a woman in that bottle! That you have to discover!i am in love with dior perfumes! I'm discovering more and more...want more dior bottles! Will get:hypnotique poison,poison,addict,dune,dolce vita! So sexy! Love it!

I hear the Beatles song, "Strawberry fields, forever." I never knew strawberries could be so elegant. This is like the strawberry fruit mixed with the strawberry flower...and maybe some kind of dried herb like rosemary.

Great scent for proper young ladies (16-30), but strangely I think this would also work on a fun, stylish more mature woman (30+).

guest_Isabella
guest_Isabella

One of my favourites.
I bought it few days ago. This fragrance is good for evening in my opinion. It's quite strong, but at a same time sweet and young, although the lasting power is not so good on my skin. Very good for young, confident person. I can definitely recommend it.

laura.poison
laura.poison

It's surprising! that's the first thing that comes to my mind.. It's a sweet scent, but not to sweet, and the top notes smell like a delicious liquor... I guess it suits an open-mined type of woman, a young woman... and from what I've noticed, men also love it....on their girlfriends, of course!

Madita
Madita

Now this was a weird one for me. Tried it numerous times, really hated it the first time, then it got better, eventually.

Generally, I don't like anything too sweet in perfumes. Miss Dior Chérie is everything I'm not: She is cute and joyful in a tongue-in-cheek manner, petticoat and white sneakers to run around in included. On me, I smell a sweet burst of strawberry and something very boozy (in a good way, I think?), later-on accompanied by a bowl full of caramelized popcorn. Some darker notes, such as patchouli, keep the fragrance from becoming too young and sweet. The lasting power is average, not too bad, but not overwhelming either.

To be honest, I'm still not sure if I like it. However, guys seem to love it on me: I've never before received so many compliments on the perfume I'm wearing... Now I'm confused :-)

Eleiria
Eleiria

A real chérie this one is. Sweet, light, girly, cute and joyful. It may feel a bit too sour at first but after a short while, floral notes and caramel begin to show up and Chérie becomes a truly lovely scent. However, it only lasted about 3 hours on my skin, which is a bit disappointing.

"...You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen..."

That's what comes to my mind when I smell Chérie. Do you think Dior got inspired by ABBA? :)))

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

The bottle is deceptively cute, isn't it?

Sorry, folks. My chemistry doesn't do this any justice. Although I have a tender olfactive memory of my immigrant friends' fruit cellars (I really do!)...I don't want to smell like one. It smells the way a fruit orchard would at the END of the season. A lot of the fruit might have fallen to the ground and is getting quite foul and squishy underfoot. It also smells like my friends' basements, where their parents would make their own wine. The overripe grape/wine smell would permeate the walls. Only now -- 8 hours later -- am I getting a faint musky powder. All of those fruity ingredients aren't for me, I'm afraid.

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

As I was testing this, there was a sweet yet sour note in the top and middle that I could not put my finger on. I eventually realized that it was a tart strawberry I was smelling almost like a sour strawberry hard candy with sour powdered sugar coating. There was not very much depth or variety during my wearing. The scent overall seemed to fade very quickly on my skin. I actually forgot that I had it one at one point. It smells nice...but not very memorable to me. I agree that this scent would smell just right on a teenager.

holly13
holly13

If you buy a magazine such as InSyle there are usually alot of paper perfume samples to choose from. I liked this perfume even though it has musk in it. I have always hated perfume with musk, but this is actually okay. It has a sweet fruity smell.

lilinah
lilinah

I got a fairly large sample as a gift w/purchase. I tested it and it was so boring! with some hints of caramel. This was not at all memorable. I was disappointed, as i am a huge fan of chypres. However, since my sample is so large, i will give a couple more chances to show me if there is more to it than a dull safe smell.

I sprayed this on expecting something fruity and light - but to me this smells a 'badly done' version of Coco Mademoiselle!!
Its horrible.
I very rarely come accross a perfume that I cant stand.... but this smells really repugnant.
Appologies to people who like it.

Memi_La
Memi_La

A fruity floral that is probably most appealing to late teens/early 20 somethings . There is something very cheerful about the strawberry and rose combo on my skin that makes me wear this on my "happy days" . Days that I am going to be spending outside in spring time is what this perfume brings to mind .

heavenbelle
heavenbelle

I received this (50ml) as a gift from my sister 5 years ago. and up until now I have only used up half of the bottle. this perfume really confuses me, sometimes I like it sometimes I don't. But among my collection, this is the perfume that my husband hates the most. I find it ok, but I somehow can smell a hint of wine scent from it. I only use this for special occasions as I don't think this is suitable for daily use.

chance25
chance25

This is a sophisticated, multifaceted scent that goes from youthful to mature with no problems.

I wished I liked it more, but instead of sweet popcorn I get an almost headache inducing aquatic sweet note. I smell a dryness like dry wine or vetyver that doesn't mix with my chemistry. Oh well...

Calyx

I generally like fruity chypres, and I LOVED the top notes of this...

So sweet. So innocent at first glance (or first sniff)...but the drydown turns into Eau de Baby Wipe.

Maybe someone at Dior has a sense of humor. Or maybe that changing-table drydown is part of Stewie from Family Guy's Evil Plot for World Domination.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

This is the 2nd time I test Miss Dior Cherie. I can firmly say that I love it.

It starts deliciously, like the sweet strawberry-cotton-candy, meanwhile the caramel can be detected, it's really a bit sugary in the beginning. But then after 1hr it goes into another character, fresh soapy tender and soft, in a feminie way, the flower notes are combined so nicely and balanced, so comfortable.

I wonder if there is really some popcorn in it, anyway I can imagine there is, hmm... interesting. Cherie gives me a mood of enjoying an afternoon tea right in front of a cafe, of course with some tasty snacks, and of course the cafe has a flower bed with many colorful flowers in it.

Thank you Dior again, this time I've found another "apple of my eye" besides Poison line. I believe I would buy a 50ml or 30ml bottle someday.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

This used to be my signature one... I used to wear it 24-7 I bought a fourth bottle wich I currently have and I´m still in love with it.
It is definetly chypre gourmand,with acid fruity hints that keep coming along all day and surprise you. The candy popcorn note is there subtly and adds depht, completely addictive,worth the price.

Vânia
Vânia

I admit, at first i didn´t like it at all!
I doenst understand why "everybody" loved this perfume and i didn t!

But today, i really really LOVE this scent...and today i bought 1 bottle! :)

Unfortunatly in Portugal this perfume is way too expensive, the most expensive perfume i ever bought...actually, here is more expensive than chanel...i just dont understand...

dial800whocares
dial800whocares

Wow, this EDP is outstanding. The sillage is perfection and the scent has lasting 10 hours and still going strong on my skin. The bottle is also gorgeous. Probably hands down the nicest one in my collection. The etched glass and silver bow just make it look so elegant on my dresser.

When it comes to the scent, this is an interesting one to say the least. I really did not remotely think I would enjoy strawberries and popcorn mixed with caramel in my perfume. But this little concoction proved me wrong and tickled my senses till they danced in delight

Also, it is def not just for younger girls. I personally feel this a timeless scent and whether we are 14, 24, 36 58, 64, 97 or an immortal alien living on planet perfume...we all want to smell good no matter what age we are and to me I think miss dior cherie fits that bill quite nicely.

So spritz away ladies and gentlemen. I know I will be :)

guest_Angelic
guest_Angelic

This perfume is a very young, flirty, clean scent. I love the strawberry and caramel notes. This perfume is sweet but no overly sweet, it doesn't smell cheap. If your looking for a perfume that smells classy, young, fruity, and flirtatious try this one. The lasting power is good as well (which makes it worth the expensive price).

MichaelR
MichaelR

Even though I'm a boy I Had this perfum and I wore it everyday!! It was stunning..x Best perfume I have evr wore..

nyoka

DElightful fume!The opening I swear is JUST like strawberry leaves! For those of u who have never smelled them,they r like the scent of the strawberry intensfied! THis phase is short lived tho because CARAMEL popcorn slips in and makes u smile!THere is a trace of sweet jasmine vines that is more like real jasmine than any ive smelled.(leave it to DIOR),THe scent of all lasts a long time6/8 hrs.Slowly after u have forgotten it,A sweet white musk creeps in and brings together the whole of the notes again.LIke u have reapplied.I think this is a great fume for any age.THe jasmine and musk give it a certain maturity that a lot of fruity fumes dont have!SEXy,seductive and juicy! THis is a wonderful fume that the (young) name doesnt do justice to.WELL worth the price as it only takes a dab.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Strawberry, caramel and popcorn are the notes I get. Warm, sweet, a bit salty, juicy and somehow even fresh. Very strange combination but it works!

Calyx

Here is a rough translation of juanma's review:

One of my favorite women's fragrances, very feminine and fresh, though the soft touches of popcorn make it delicious and addictive but juvenile.

It has a fresh and fruity sillage that later gives way to a sweet floral. Recommended.

hathor
hathor

This is one of my reviews which begins with "Oh Dear!!". i bought it on a bit of a whim at the airport on the way to visit my mother. since i've recently begun to appreciate sweeter fragrances and since i do consider this to be on its way to becoming a modern classic i decided to buy it. For some odd reason my nose misbehaves when i visit my mother- maybe different surroundings, different food etc. But this one, while smelling ok at the airport and another time when i tried it in a perfume shop, when i sprayed it on at my mothers, absolutely made my stomach heave. something about it makes me think of Angel which has the same effect on me, i've compared the notes and decided it must be the caramel that's wrong for me. I have on other occasions tried the edt 2010 version and find this much nicer, only not long-lasting enough on me to buy it. anyway, my mother liked it very much and i've given it away to her!! in short, for me this one is a definite no-no.shame but there it is.p.s i've just read that the nose behind this one is Christina Nagel, who also made my beloved Yves Rocher Rose Absolue!!

Nandathomp
Nandathomp

A very sweet and romantic scent. But Not overpowering at all!!!

I can fell a wonderful caramelized strawberry scent mixed with a classy and sophisticated Chypre touch.

Can be used during days and nights. Good lasting power on me: 10 hours.

A great perfume. It lets a perfect aura... I definitely will never be bored of this fragrance!!!

janudy
janudy

This reminds me of one of those fruity alcoholic drinks--you know the ones that are colorful and have those little umbrellas? But unlike Kors, you won't be administered a blood alcohol test if you happen to get pulled over by a cop. The advertising with the girl and the balloons is spot on--this is a cute and feminine (almost girly) perfume, very playful and I feel like I should be wearing pretty dresses.

There's a popcorn note in this??? Well, that's a first for me!

Girlie_Girl
Girlie_Girl

This is nice if you like sweet girly perfumes. I think it can be worn day or night and it's not too overpowering. The only downside is that i find it doesn't last very long on my skin..

andrew85
andrew85

a really good perfume for a sofisticaded and fashionista girl, so seductive and SOFISTICADED, very feminine.... A Coco Mademoiselle sister, they both are very similar... girly in a sofisticaded way, in a high class way...

perfumistaani
perfumistaani

I highly recommend this perfume I have the gift set with the lotion and i just love it i put it on everyday even when i am at home and when i go to sleep.

zvoncica
zvoncica

For me perfumes are living beings. Many times I imagine who would they impersonate. If I had to translate Dior Cherries into human world, I bet you agree with me, they would be sisters.

Curly red haired Cheerie is attractive coquette. She always looks stunning and laughs out loud. Has shinning white teeth, lined as pearls and red lipstick. I imagine her in jeans and high heel boots. She loves motorcycle rides and dancing in clubs. Her main motto is try everything and enjoy life.

Shares similarities with Lalique EDP and Jil Sander Sun. It is sweet and strong but with good skin chemistry this is major success. I personally dislike it.

LadyNatalie

This didn't seduce me :( this is like a gourmand fragrance gone wrong, this reminds me Tresor and White Diamonds!!

For me Miss Dior Cherie stinks, its not for me, i cant stand it, but i loved the beautiful ads, the commercial, yes Sophia Coppola knows how to make pretty clips, that draw into smelling this and i am dissapointed...

This is so old lady like, strawberrys, drenched caramel, with a lot of rancid Popcorn and Patchouli, and this is a Chypre Fruity fragrance??

This a overpowering fragrance that opens somewhat likable because of the strawberries but the drydown is based in popcorn and patchouli... I dont understand why some many girls want to smell like this!!

I know, the ads and the DIOR name, really sales alone, because this fragrance is not likable at all nor unique, i found it similar to the original Juicy Couture, only this one is much worse, long lasting also :S

I tried the EDT is nothing like this one, so different, fresh and simple. lemon, gardenia and musk...

guest_Vanillabean
guest_Vanillabean

Sweet, young, classy, and unique. While sweeter scents are dominating the market, this one really stands out from (and way above) the crowd. It smells strongly and clearly of strawberry, but manages to come across as sophisticated. Every time I wear it, I remember playing with Strawberry Shortcake as a child. It's for the 5-year-old girl who lives inside of you but who looks all grown-up to everyone else.

Casi
Casi

The moment that this fragrance hits my skin, I smell lightly sweetened strawberry preserves served on top of creamy, buttery toast. I also smell fresh pineapple juice. The initial phase is rather gourmand. Soon enough, though, a clear, bright violet note lends itself to the mix, adding a clean crispness to the otherwise buttery, salty sweetness. Miss Dior Cherie is really beautifully composed! It smells like a perfect summer day, when I feel so pretty and carefree. I love that this perfume is sparkling sweet, fruity, gourmand and fresh, while still smelling expensive and elegant. That is no easy feat. This would make a lovely, unique, very wearable addition to most any woman's fragrance wardrobe. Additionally, I don't normally comment on the appearance of bottles, but I have to admit that this is one of the most gorgeous flacons that I have ever laid eyes on. The bottle and the whimsical advert for MDC fit perfectly with the fragrance.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Im sitting outside in a cafe in paris. I order a bowl of wild tart strawberries sweetened by a hint of caramel sauce and a side order of pineapple cocktail. There is a vase of roses and violets on the red and white checkered tablecloth.Its a sunny day in Paris and im wearing red cherry lipstick and a big silver bow in my hair.All is right with the world because im young,impulsive and beautiful.Oh! My name? Miss dior cherie

guest_zanamor
guest_zanamor

a classic feminine scent that cools to a champagne quality on my skin with crisp whispery aromas of strawberry leaves, and the warm long lasting ripples of caramel and popcorn make this an exciting buzz to take in - so romantic; I'd wear this anywhere anytime just for me. its perfect!

Sissi
Sissi

These are one of those perfumes that
has to grow on me like when i was at a
mall department store and tried this on a test card and it smells buttery to me
so it wasn't Love at first sniff.
until c3c had a sample decant of cherie
that i cringed to try it again so i tested again and i Liked it maybe for a
few reasons it smelled different at the
department store 1. i was testing it on a piece of paper and 2. and i heard that some perfumes go bad in department
stores and they have to be replaced due
to exposure i think.

The opening starts with a Blast of Pineapple in a few minutes sweet succulent strawberries comes to the picture Caramel is the Basenote the drydown has a buttery Finish.
i Can't detect any floral note in this.

It has a Childlike Naivete that is
a world apart from other more mature
deeper scents it's like a candy popcorn
and chocolate shop in a small French town almost like the Movie Amilie.
it's a very whimsical scent
It brings the child out within us.

MsMakeupKity
MsMakeupKity

This perfume always puts me in a romantic mood.

Top notes have intense strawberry and pineapple that's very sweet and it fades out leaving the delicious smell of rose and caramel.My second bottle is running and i just LOVE this perfume. I like to wear it at night times as it's a bit strong for me and it also has great staying power.

Overall sweet,classic,cheesy yet modern perfume from Miss Dior that i won't be tired using.

Aren
Aren

I tried this perfume over a course of 7 days. Opening is sweet and settles down to a more mellow sweetness and mild floral. I fell in love with it! It is on my to buy list. Lasting power was good, but not great for a perfume though.
My boyfriend love this on me, he described it as "sex in a bottle".

Have to add a note about lasting power. I do not know if it was me or the sample I had the first week, but with the bottle I have now, the lasting power is very good.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

I can't say that I don't like it-I do, but I'm more of the Cherie L'Eau type of fragrance lover. Miss Dior Cherie starts of heady and fresh with sweet strawberry jam and citrus-so lovable! Then it gets heavier and the rose really stands out, along with violet. I couldn't smell the popcorn though because of the other sweet and overwhelming scents. What really puts me off is the patchouli, but that is just a matter of taste. It's delicious,distinctive, feminine and is suitable for women of all ages. Just way too sweet and sticky for me, but the staying power is amazing!

Rouu
Rouu

When do i start ?
to be honest i've expected something sweeter and fruity , not that strange scent , so strange and Unique ,very classy ,feminine,optimistic,wearable and innocent,

its mixture of contradiction ,sexy and innocent,classy and wearable ,simple and sophisticated same time!
quite sharp at 1st then turns to warm nice scent i've never hit before i think its popcorn note !
then the dry down comes with luminous warm mix of vanilla,musk ,amber and patchouli ...

i got it 2 nights ago ,was wearing it yesterday and here we are today , its marvelous !
how come i was far from that fragrance all those years!

misscareyann
misscareyann

Delicious, feminine. I feel like a sweet, flirty girl when I wear this. I want to put on a breezy dress and walk in the sun. Miss Dior Cheris starts out a sweet little girl, and ends up an adorable, respectable young lady.
I can smell the strawberries and caramel at first, and the patchouli musky scent comes in and keeps it from being pure candy.

I love this fragrance. It's so pretty and it makes me feel the same.

Richnata
Richnata

It's very funny, when it was launched I did not buy it but in a short while I started to notice this fragrance in Malls, Cinemas, Restaurants, even in some public transport. I liked it so very much. I just fell in love with this powerful freshness with some deep sexy notes in it. I was thinking to buy it, but so many women and young girls in the whole town already had it and were wearing it, then I changed my mind. But I am thinking to get back to this again.

golden

I am wearing this again today, and i just can't seem to get enough of it. It is so refreshing on me, and sweet but just enough sweetness not to be cloying.
The lasting power is soooooo "amazing" This may become one of my top five's. Yum, yum, simply addictive.

golden

I didn't want to jump on the band wagon, but i caved, ha,ha......
I love it, on me i notice the strawberry, caramel and violet. It smells sweet, but not yukkie sweet. Instead i keep getting wafts of freshness, which surprises me. I would say this lasts, and lasts. I wore it yesterday and can still smell it on my scarf today.

LenaBel
LenaBel

I live in the UK and I think every other girl here owns it. Seriously I smell it almost everyday here - at uni, on the streets, in the shops. I also work as hostess in a restaurant and I smell it on someone everytime I am on my shift.
I think it has cheeky, flirty and girly character. However, it is not my cup of tea - I love my Cherie L'eau for summer. I also agree that it smells a bit like wine or a cocktail. The sillage is great as you can understand from my review, it really projects from the people who are wearing it. Super adorable bottle.
I also know a dupe for this one - Jordan (Katie Price) 'Stunning' smells very much the same. Try it to believe it.

honeydays
honeydays

It's bright, kind of unusual, sort of citrusy to me. Also, it is marketed as "youthful", but it smells old-fashioned to me. I like it, but I totally picture my grandma wearing it. I seem to be alone in my interpretation.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

OMG, how many reviews... :-D

This scent makes me happy. It is so playful, sweet and delicious... And I love the commercial because it shows everything you feel when you smell it!

Good for a bright sunny day, has a young and funny elegance. In German I would say "unbeschwert", but I don´t know what it means in English.^^ Maybe "light-hearted" or something like that.

Love, love, love it!!!

Smells like strawberry, popcorn and caramel. YUMMY!!!

selinum28
selinum28

I don't like the commercial approach of this perfume. Once I smell it, I must agree with those that say that it is childish, but I think that it also evokes some genuine joy, which is not so usual. As said below, I smell wine too. Another way to describe is to say that, most of the time, it smells of citrus, mainly mandarin orange, with its effervescence and sourness both done more noticeable: it is like eating the entire fruit without retiring its acid peel nor its sour pips either.

adele l
adele l

This is beautifully composed and interesting- it starts sweet with a beautiful strawberry and subtle caramel note and then turns into something more complex on my skin-more womanly. MDC has hidden corners yet to be discovered. It is really different and you should sample first!

hollycat
hollycat

The bottle says it all. Coquettish, sweet, and innocent. Its a great scent, uplifting, and girly. I get all the sweet yes, normallly I hate too sweet in a fragrance but this really just works. Its playful and fun and youthful. I like the dry down most of all, the musk makes this scent warm. Lasts a good long time with great siliage. I wouldnt buy a bottle, its not really my type of fragrance, but I do enjoy my sample.

i really like this.. for me this smells inocent, sugary, like a sweet cotton, so young, girly, innocent, and CHIC.. sofisticade.. for me this is a perfect perfume for a sofisticaded, chic, young woman, that loves fashion....

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

i really wanted to like it but it is just too simple for me. it smells like wine and nothing else. even after the drydown settles i can still detect only the sweet liqour-ish smell. it's not bad, but it's not what i'm looking for.

CUPCAKEDOLL

This is one of the most wonderful perfumes I have ever had. For me , was absolutely love at first sniff...

Miss Dior Chérie is a pure, bright and luxurious scent. This helps me to imagine (and I almost feel on me)lots of sensations: A walk along a street of Paris, a bakery with precious cupcakes and strawberry meringues, sweet popcorn, a bag full of new clothes, pearls...and, of course, flowers and lots of pink-coloured things.

This fragrance is, definitely, a masterpiece. I think only a genious or something like can create a scent like this.

The perfume is sweet, but not too much (it has a touch of soft caramel). Is also a bit fruity (I can smell strawberries mixed with cream), and with a floral side (white flowers, so feminine and tender).

So this scent is like a mix of sweets, fruits and a touch of flowers, wich make this perfect for girls, but also young women and women who likes original fragrances.

Because of its notes, is like have happines, beauty, luxury, life...in a bottle.

The lasting power is extremely good, with a couple of sprays I´m scented for so many hours...

I totally recommend this, is an unforgetable fragrance, different of all you have tried before.

If MISS DIOR CHERIE is supposed to be the descendant of MISS DIOR, then there must have been a mix-up at the nursery. All that MISS DIOR has given to MISS DIOR CHERIE are her swaddling clothes!

MISS DIOR CHERIE opens very sweet, along the lines of pineapple upside-down cake. All of the ingredients are present: the caramelized sugar at the bottom of the pan, the rings of baked pineapple, the maraschino cherry decorations dotting the center of the rings, and the moist white cake--created out of patchouli and popcorn notes.

From there, MISS DIOR CHERIE just gets sweeter, culminating in a sticky, canned pineapple juice drydown, as though a waiter carrying tall cylindrical bright-orange-and-pink-umbrella-topped cocktail glasses across the room tripped, dousing my neck and décolleté with a heavily pineapple juice-laden concoction. He offers me a wet towel, but after a diligent wiping down, the sweet stickiness remains and will only leave with the aid of a long, hot bath.

If MISS DIOR CHERIE is a chypre perfume, then Twinkies must be health food. Désolée!

Feiyt
Feiyt

Imagine a young woman walking down a green leafy avenue. She smiles at her friend alongside her - a smile holding genuine affection, that creases her eyes with a cheeky twinkle. Her movements are graceful and smooth, yet holding the quiet vivacity of a confident woman. She charms those around her unknowingly, and freely offers her kindest smile like warm sunshine on a spring day.

That is what I imagine Miss Dior Cherie to be, and that is what Miss Dior Cherie inspires me to be when I wear this perfume. Sweet yet warm notes comfort those around Miss Dior Cherie, yet in such a modest way that only after she leaves do people feel there is something bland in the way the sun shines.

Belle de la nuit
Belle de la nuit

I love pineapple scents and this one is so delicately executed. It is layered, sweet and sophisticated. Reminds me of being the spoilt daughter of a rich man.It is one of the only perfumes in which I can actually detect the individual notes. When it dries down I still smell the popcorn and strawberry. Yes, it has something in common with Angel but is more refined and not headache inducing. It is a happy scent and I love it!

nyoka

sweet,fruity,and light.smells young.almost cocoa like.agaijn for youge ones.too lightvand fresh for me,,but beautiful on othersi dont care for the bmusky drydown.

maijaaijam
maijaaijam

Girly and delicious - mostly the mix of popcorn, strawberry and violets, with hint of amber.
I like it, although it's definately not for me. It suits to blonde, easygoing and a little bit childish girl + pastel-toned chiffon dress and warm summer morning, this is how I imagine it.
How good that I had a perscience and purchased just a bunch of mini's - my body chemistry and this perfume doesn't work together well. After a while there's a medicinal smell on my wrist. Unfortunately..

ilikethequiet

I'm revising my original review of this perfume. The last time I tried this EdP, it was nice enough, but it didn't WOW me. But today, it's perfect! Miss Dior Cherie is refreshing, pretty and delicate. The strawberry is clean and fresh without being overly sweet. Wearing it makes me feel pretty, and that's a wonderful gift.

Lesson learned: from now on, I'll test a perfume at least twice before making a final decision about it. You never know how different moods--and subtle, day-to-day changes in body chemistry--will affect your perception of a fragrance.

JOAN
JOAN

I LOVE MISS DIOR CHERIE!This strawberry and caramel sweet smell with mandarin orange, citrus smell create the perfect balance.This baby never gets old.

valarian
valarian

This perfume, would be instantly recognised. My first reaction was one of lust! I just couldn’t get enough of the smell. I had only dabbed a little bit of the EDP on my hand and it was instant want. This perfume was my daughter's and she had asked me if I liked it. I loved it straight away. My daughter said that I could have it as she didn’t like it. I was shocked I thought it divine! My daughter gifted me her small bottle of Cherie and I was already to go and purchase a large bottle of the stuff asap. I put loads on and waited to enjoy the smell throughout the day. Well, for me it was a one night stand! I fell in and out of love with it in the one day. I will not be purchasing anymore. First I got fed up of the smell, then I realised after about 4 hours I couldn’t smell it at all. For me it didn't have much staying power. Whilst I won't be buying anymore I will keep my little bottle for when I want something sweet and cloying for half a day! Instantly recognisable, Cloying, Obvious, Sweet and without much staying power

I really dnt get this perfume. They say it is marketed at the yonger consumer but to me it smells OLD FASHIONED n reminds me a bot of a nursing home. its quite pungent!!! n overly sweet, it kinda stings my eyes.

I love the bottle n the marketing around it but not the scent. there are some lovely fragerences in there. but it needs to be toned down.I like the rose, carmel, popcorn elements but not the rest. also i think musk can smell a bit sweaty. I woulod love to love this. i wish they would do a toned town less sweet, old fashioned version.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

This was one of the three samples I got this spring when I was testing fragrances out for the first time.

I actually hated it instantly and it has stayed in a draw unused (the sample). Since I have started trying other fragrances the last few weeks, I pulled it out to give it another shot. I do have to say, now I have smelled much stronger and less apealing scents... it is starting to grow on me.

Now I know it's the Rose that makes me cringe a bit, once you get past that you can actually smell what seems to me like a light floral with candied cherries in it. Maybe some strawberry. If it was cherry flavored bubblegum, I would say necco wafers but not quite that sweet.

For some reason so far that is what I am getting ~ Cherries and Roses.

I think my sample ran out. The good thing about this one is it actually lasted all day at work. The only other fragrance I have that lasts is my Guerlain one ~ My Insolence.

And even though I could smell it (It didn't fade away within an hour or so like the other ones I have.), and it wasn't initially a fav. smell or even tolerable to me. Now it's not offensive. It seems very clean and sweet. IT is just the rose that can be a bit strong. Under that it is light and fluffy sweet. Soft floral fruity.

It smells very classy. And I am hoping over time to get a better idea of what it smells like to me and if I like it. It is very interesting. :) Roses cherries, candy and flowers. :)

Cherry Roses... and you picture a young girl in a dress. This is very very feminine. Although probably not for very young girls. The rose is pretty strong and people seem to not like that part of it. When I show it to people to smell. Once the top notes and part of the heart fade you can smell the sweet and soft floral much better as a bit of the rose dissipates and doesn't dominate all other delicate pretty notes within.

Very classy young and feminine. I'll keep trying it until there's no more. I think I might get one more use of it. :)

juanma
juanma

UNA DE MIS FRAGANCIAS FAVORITAS PARA UNA MUJER, RELAMENTE FEMENINA Y FRESCA, AUNQUE LOS TOQUES DULCES DE EL POPCORN LO VUELVEN BASTANTE RICO Y ADICTIVO PERO JUVENIL. SE SIENTE LA SALIDA FRUTAL FRESCA PARA LUEGO DAR PASO A LO DULCE Y FLORAL. RECOMENDABLE.

shaggy
shaggy

If you like this. You might want to try Stunning by Katie Price. Its just as nice as Miss Dior Cherie without the Dior price tag.

ilikethequiet

I had high hopes for Miss Dior Cherie EdP, but unfortunately, it's not for me.

The strawberry notes when you first spray it on came across on me as quite artificial and chemical, not fresh and sweet. I caught a whiff of the buttery popcorn in the middle notes, but it faded fast. In the end, it did dry down to a light, fresh scent of rose, strawberry, and a powder, which was nice, but not stellar. I don't smell musk or patchouli in the base, even after an hour, which is a shame, because I was really excited about the strawberry/patchouli blend.

It is indeed a "crystalline" scent once dried down. It's pretty and elegant, but sadly, not quite to my taste. I'll keep my little EdP mini for when I'm in just the right mood for this perfume, but I'll not buy a full bottle.

Puma
Puma

I immediately have fallen in love with that perfume!
It is gorgeus - so cheerful, optimistic and young.

alphala
alphala

Oh, this one is really really sweet. It's a Dior and Dior fragrances are always of very good quality. This one smells a little bit like strawberries. It's just adorable

naleiarenee
naleiarenee

Wow! What a wonderful ,sweet surprise is Miss Dior Cherie !! I thouroughly enjoy this one from start to finish !!When first applied it has this bright energetic feel ,a happiness and optimisim .The patchouli,amber,vanila, and musk in the base is what makes this the amazing stand out that it is.
Miss Dior Cherie is a bit playful and young BUT sexy and womanly as well.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Raspeberry vanilla caramel on me with a bit of patchouli.smells young comforting and sexy.!

guest_Lila
guest_Lila

I DON'T GET THE HYPE ABOUT THIS AT ALL!!
SMELLS LIKE A STRAWBERRY-CREAM CANDY!
THIS IS GOOD FOR GIRLS UNDER THE AGE OF TWELVE!
AND IT'S SO STRONG BUT MOST PEOPLE BATH IN IT...
IT'S EXPENSIVE BUT SMELLES SO CHEAP!
NOOOO!!!

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

Imagine your first date. It's a lovely sunny day, a gentle wind is blowing. Your boyfriend takes you out for a walk. Holding hands, you head to a park to find a bench to sit on. There are some kids playing nearby, one of them eating strawberry-flavored cotton candy, while others munch caramelized popcorn. You sit on a bench, breathing in the intoxicating smell of flowers growing nearby, the sweetness of the candy while you lean on his shoulder. That, to me, is Miss Dior Cherie. Love it.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I really wish they hadn't decided to put patchouli in this. That dang patchouli! I can smell it in anything, even if it is the tiniest drop! If the big "P" wasnt in miss dior cherie, i would be in love!

Lady Love
Lady Love

If we thought we were going to get rid of Dior fever because nothing could be better or equal than Jadore.. we were wrong ..

Dior last decade use one of the most powerful perfume to reinvent, the one who caused great sensation in the 40's(Miss Dior).

Miss Dior must have an heir and give birth to a fragance for this new generation,taking some risks,changing but keeping the essence.

So 58 years later, Miss Dior cherie born and blow away my mind with these irresistible notes.. is like gluttony sin in a fragance bottle. This smell really represents the scent of youth being sweet .. soft.. breezy.. hopeful.. elegant..

And the best of all the power lasting is just precious without overwhelming..

SilvanaMo
SilvanaMo

Miss Dior Cherie é inigualável, nunca senti nada igual, foi amor ao primeiro cheiro.
Incentiva a alegria, diversão e bem-estar!
Eu adoro e recomendo.

daisyfresh
daisyfresh

this is a lvoely perfume, not too strong, not to subtle, it just sorta IS, as my friend say 'vaguely floral-fruity is good' and I have to agree with regards to this perfume, nothing sticks out strongly but it's just a pleasure to wear, nice and light, sweet and fresh, I can see young girls wearing this during the summer with wonderful results. I was all keyed up to buy it when I discovered the price range ^_^ darn...

Anahi
Anahi

I've been watching reviews of this, and now I really want to test this out. I remeber my mum giving me Miss Dior Cherie, but I didnt like it because it wasnt 'gourmand enough' for my liking. But now I realised that she actually gave me the 2007 version which is more flowery and bitter, unlike this 2005 version which has strawberry, caremel and popcorn which im just drooling over!

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

vincy_gal

Quite different from what I've been trying lately. While it is very unique and fruity, I think it's a bit too fruity for me. But I can see why others like it. Even before I looked it up, I could smell the cherry and strawberry.

viveka
viveka

Firstly Miss Dior Cherie allured me because of its sweet and cute bottle :) I was delighted... Then I liked the smell itself. The ingeredients are gorgeous but on the skin it smells even much more better, simply yummy and so girlish! MDC is quintessence of happiness, lollipops, pink bows in hair and joyful. It makes me happier when I'm wearing it, it makes me feel all the time like seventeen! ;)
Miss Dior Cherie is like endless party with strawberries and shampagne, so glam! It's simply chic, non pretentious and allure with teen-charm. Soo cool.

My fav is EdP version, much sensual and deeper than EdT.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Miss Dior Cherie is just not for me. This one smells like mixed berry jam applied to hot buttered toast. Where are the flowers and the base notes? I was intrigued by the idea of a popcorn note, and I would welcome the jasmine, patchouli, amber, and caramel, but none of these aromas come through for me.

I don't understand the appeal of this one, but if Miss Dior Cherie rings your chimes, it persists like the dickens and has good sillage. (Both of which make it absolute torture if you don't like this one!)

Call me old fashioned, but I'll take some good ol' Poison or Fahrenheit instead of this one, LOL!

cloyd42
cloyd42

If your goal is to smell like a Yankee Candle Store this is the perfume for you--overwhelming artificial and cheap. There's nothing in this perfume that smells real.

soulflwr
soulflwr

If I had to describe this in simple terms, I would say this perfume smells like overly ripe fruits. That point right before they start to ferment....a thick syrupy sweetness, with a touch of astringency which makes it seem almost wine-like (I believe this quality comes from the strawberry leaf). It's also a warm and full fragrance that radiates the space surrounding you....mixing and mingling with body heat to create your own personal tribute to this strange yet intriguing juice.

...With that being said, I don't completely understand this perfume. It's definitely different from what I'm used to, but I can't decide whether I like it or not. Well, I know I don't like it (on me)...but I don't know why. At the same time I feel like I should like it (if that makes sense). This is also the first cyphre perfume I've ever smelled...so that could be where the confusion comes from.

katyas
katyas

I received a sample of this and just LOVE it! It is so fresh and sweet, light and fun; it fairly sparkles! It must be the greenery that gives it the freshness and the berries that give is the sweet - I didn't get the pop corn at all, but then again it was one of the "strip of paper" samples, so ... At any rate, I definitely want this scent, although I will be sure to try on the actual fragrance before I buy it, just to be sure it is the same!

bagelwhore
bagelwhore

Absolutely adore this scent - it's stunningly sweet and yet not overpowering. All of the notes blend so well together.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Miss Dior Cherie...i love the bottle very much !!! but the scent is so..strange....how can i describe it??? I feel alcohol mixed with sugar and some strawberrys??!!! smells like a cocktail !!!!... no...no....no...

Kittycat
Kittycat

Miss Dior Cherie is a very interesting scent. No other perfume smells like this. Strawberry and popcorn ...remarkable !

Ivy
Ivy

I really like this fragrance. About 10 years ago I wore Rush by Gucci and this smells almost identical to it.

taylor
taylor

this is a very sweet (but not too sweet) and sort of cosy fragrance. it makes you feel elegant. it´s unique and lasts a long time on your skin. love it!

eranaral
eranaral

I smell honeysuckle (not listed) and some baked strawberry dipped in honey. Very warm and comforting fragrance. Its great for spring and summer nights when you want your fragrance to represent the summery spring season, yet have a kick to it and pop out for attention. Lasting is well into the range of 5 hours (on me). longer on clothing

WARNING: The makers have killed this perfume. The 2005 version is what this review was for. It was sweet, warm, and caramely. The 2011 version (same bottle, same name...) smells nothing like the old one. So disappointed :(

Dior said they enhanced the fragrance, in fact, they just killed it and put a new perfume into the old bottle thinking no one would know.

femmeasis
femmeasis

Once I tried Miss Dior Cherie on me I instantly fell in love with the smell. It seemed classy, young and sparkling. But after about 2 months of using it I've found myself bored.

When the top notes is gone the only that remains is some sour and flat smell that reminds me of a cheap soap in the bad sense.

So to me Miss Dior Cherie is a great disappointment

guest_pearly
guest_pearly

I reckon this is a late teens version of Chanel No.5, it's fruity notes are what make this Chypre fragrance tolerable. Scrumptious and ethereal.

ChristyS
ChristyS

Tried the Edt and EdP. While the Edt is still bearable, the EdP is not my cup of tea. I was wondering also which fragrance it resmebles, and luz gave me the key in her review: Victorias Secret´s Strawberry&Champagne. In my humble opinion it smells artificial and like strawberry bubble gum, which was confirmed by my husband who also found it very artifical and not elegant at all. Lasting-power is really great although.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Pretty, warm, just enough sweet, playful but calming. It doesn't have a wow factor for me, but it is really worth its popularity. You will feel adorable and cute while wearing it!

wallflower
wallflower

when i first smelled this perfume i was totally underwhelmed. i just didnt understand all the rave reviews and the popularity. i found it nauseatingly sweet and somehow disharmonious. but that was years ago.
then i changed my mind when i recognized it on a work collegue. on her it was just stunning..subtle and girly but sophisticated and unique with a lot of personality..just perfect..and it suited her so well.
i think that its a very sweet and youthful scent with a lllot of strawberry and patchouli going on in the background. its very young in spirit because of the strawberry sweetness but the patchouli adds a kind of sourness which keeps the scent from being too childish. i wouldnt put an age restriction to it coz yes, its sweet and innocent, but also smells expensive and classy, so its appropriate to any woman who is young at heart.
UPDATE: now i have it and i LOVE it!:)
i spray some on my scarfs that im wearing and they smell absolutely gorgeous even a few days later. an advise to those who want to buy it: get it online for the fraction of the retail price (coz its VERY pricey)
UPDATE 2: i think the drydown is the best part. it becomes a transparent caramel-patchouli skinscent that almost radiates from you, making you smell not really perfumey but pretty and clean. like you smell that good naturally. subtle, but still noticeable smell that lasts all day = complex, top quality perfume! JUST GREAT

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

Miss Dior Cherie is a lovely scent. I don't really get any of the strawberry or much sweetness at all with this on me but it's lovely non the less. The first time I smelt this it reminded me of something I'd smelt before and i finally know what is is now. RUE Tarea smells ezactly like this to me. I used to have that perfume so to me they are pratically identical except Tarea is only$10. I looked up the notes of Tarea out of curiosity and the have thae same notes. I would have never thought that a $10 perfume could smell as good as Miss Dior Cherie.

onheels
onheels

Oh my my. Miss Cherie. Where should i start?

This is a special scent. People cannot quite place / rate it under one category. And i must say that my heart belongs to this perfume. Its my signature scent.

I havent recieved many compliments on this one, BUT however, i have noticed that my friends have complimented it long after i bought it! Allthough they had smelled it a hunderd times before.

I think this is a scent you get used to.
The compliments i have got on this perfume isnt: "WOw! You smell great", but: "mmhm.. that smell.. are you wearing it? its really pleasing.."

I get pleased and happy when i wear this, and I like to wear it in the spring time. ALSO. Many perfumes loose their charisma and scent when they get on your clothes. This scent smells SO good when i spray it on my clothes. I missed a little once and sprayed alot on my scarf one time. A week later, the scarf still smelled Miss Cherie.. In a really good way! It smelled so fresh, like it was freshly washed.

anyways..I think this is a scent you will grow to like better and better. I certainly have :) :) xxx

taydev
taydev

this was too floraly sweet for me. even in the drydown the sweetness was so strong and annoying it just stuck on me all day

hotaru
hotaru

miss dior cherie, in such strange way, doesnt remind me of anything particular but the bottle.

it smells yummy but not 'that' yummy.
it's happy, sweet like an innocent girl, simple and rich at the same time.

if you want to feel like you're 14 at heart but staying mature in mind without asking too many spotlights, this is it.

Princess

After reading the notes, you would think it smells very sweet and young. But its very sophisticated and grown up, but not to grown up like an old lady or strong. And the bottle is so pretty, clear glass with a beautiful bow

dina
dina

It's indeed a chypre fruity fragrance. The strawberry was so noticeable on me.
A nice fragrance, it gets even better at the dry down. But I believe it's too expensive. I was hesitating between buying this one and Nina of Nina Ricci and finally got "my nose" set on Nina. I don't regret it ...

moonruby
moonruby

This scent reminds me of an upper-class teenaged socialite who has the world at her feet and all the money that daddy can buy her. Think Blair and Serena of Gossip Girl.

Too much class for Paris Hilton.
Perhaps not serious enough for Ivanka Trump.

But either way, this fragrance captures the charms of the rich and famous.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

If you ask young women about Miss Dior Cherie, you're likely to get some very passionate responses. So many of the twenty-something women of today are IN LOVE with this stuff, and while I can't say that I'm equally enamored, I can certainly see why Miss Dior Cherie has managed to captivate so many with her charms.

The first time I smelled this scent, I was intrigued, but not really interested. It took revisiting the bottle (it's so cute that I was determined to grow to love the scent so I could take it home and put it on display) and accidentally spraying some of the perfume on myself during testing, before I was really ensnared by its sweet and fresh tenacity. I kept getting whiffs of the stuff from my clothes (bitter fruitiness and a touch of sugar and green florals) and later that day, I had to return to the store where I'd sprayed it, to purchase a bottle.

To my nose, Miss Dior Cherie is primarily strawberries and champagne, which, in and of itself is fantastic, but the longer one wears it and has the chance to investigate its layers, it is possible to discover a wealth of other notes, just waiting to be identified. I didn't smell the caramelized popcorn in this fragrance until I'd worn it at least a dozen times and it wasn't until I'd owned it for several months that my boyfriend pointed out the pineapple accord that is most present up top, and right after spraying. Once I recognized the pineapple, that made the cherry more apparent to my nose, somehow. The jasmine is very subtle, and the two most obvious notes to my nose (besides the strawberries and champagne), are rose and patchouli.

I know there are those who will say that Miss Dior Cherie is perfect in any season, but I have to disagree. MDC strikes me as a fun, bright, fruity and fresh scent that is best worn in spring and summer months. The pineapple, cherry, and strawberry notes will make you want to enjoy a picnic under a shining sun in a park full of roses and happy, smiling people.

Chypres will capture emotions like none other and hang on to them for years to come, so try wearing Miss Dior Cherie during a vacation or other happy time that you'd like to be reminded of in the future. Just by popping off the lovely adorned cap and breathing in a fresh burst of joy, you'll feel the memories come flooding back to you the next time you take a whiff.

Neysa_marie
Neysa_marie

I smelled this perfume on a store on my way to Orlando.. and i had to have it.. i mean.. it stayed on me the whole trip there.. and really the smell is unbelievably diferente from all the others. Just love it

janerry_corpuz
janerry_corpuz

After reading all of the reviews and watching its infamous commercial, I bought it from a trusted supplier without sniffing it first. I hated it when it landed on my skin. It smells synthetic. I was thinking that maybe it was just me, or maybe i'll like it later. So i sprayed it on my pillows and bedsheet. I was surprised! It smells like a pineapple with butter and caramel. I cant detect the strawberry or cherry. Its young and sophisticated. I love it!
oh.. the bottle is cute! very girly despite of its crisp line.
only dior can make this... <3 dior

rainydays
rainydays

I like it, but it's just a tad too candy-coated-sweet for me. I do give it props for making a sweet fragrance that's for somebody older than a tween. It's sweet, but not immature. However, I'd like it more if it were just a tad more fresh. I'll have to try the other versions.

CurlyWurly

Don´t like it anymore. Some month ago I bought a big bottle. I used it a couple of time than it bored me. There is a synthetic smell of strawberry that make me a headache.

rikalin
rikalin

I love, love, love this perfume. I'm so addicted to this one. I didn't like it at first when I tried on me, but after I got home.... I had to go back to store and get it. Sprakling, sweet in a claasy way and most I love about this perfume is that the sents will hide and seek and stays on me all day. It's funny that every perfume I liked at first I don't like them anymore after a week or so, but when I don't like it at first I ended up in love with them....

rednose
rednose

Way overrated. Makes me picture a bratty 16 year old with hell of an atittude. Not suitable for me. If you love it & can pull it off, then wear it:)

CMS
CMS

I've been addicted to calvin klein euphoria for a while now, and could never break away to a different scent until, I tested Miss Dior Cherie. It's a really beautiful scent. Cherie is soft, smooth, sweet, and has a special aspect, that's not like every other perfume out there. After testing Cherie, I can see why it's so popular, and it will definitely be added to my collection!

Raffaella
Raffaella

It's a wonderful perfume, and I'musing right now...it smells so delicate, so gentle...I just love it for summertime!
The only thing I don't really love it's that it evaporates too soon...

Rockygalurface
Rockygalurface

It starts out with a light sweet scent but that fades and it turns into a annoying and overwhelming scent that makes me feel congested. Its lightness dosnt make it last long except for the congesting alcoholic smell.

Daria
Daria

I've never been so in love with fragrance like with Miss Dior Cherie!!
modern,girly,sweet,sensual,amazing....
right now that's my favorite perfume!!
I LOVE Dior!

beba53
beba53

Compliments and more compliments, light and brezzy for everyday . A thumbs up

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

So. An advertising campaign designed around balloons and bows, with a girl making lots of cute 'shushoo' noises as she dances across Paris. O...K...

Cherries are to my mind, delicious when fresh; their scent is so captivating, so lovely...and so difficult to reproduce, resulting in quite horrible sweets, yoghurts, ice-creams and this. Add artificial violets, stir it all up with popcorn (why? why would anyone do that? who adds caramel to cherries? shall we chuck peanut butter in there as well?) And we have Miss Dior Cherie, for the girl who says 'Shuhshooo' a lot. Marketing genius, nasal monstrosity. My head hurts even writing about it!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Very pretty perfume! At first it has this top note of strawberries that are mixed with pineapple and cherries and it lasts quite long til expands with notes of caramelized popcorn. Strawberries are still here too.
While wearing I was thinking that it reminded me Coco Mademoiselle too, only it hasn't got that note that puts me off of completely liking it.
When you smell it it seems kinda fresh and suitable for warm weather (like today). It's young but it's sophisticated, not just random fragrance. Just one spritz and it lasts long time. Bottle color and design is very pretty.

falovalo
falovalo

I was a little disappointed by this (sad face). I was expecting something a little more sweet and sugary with a hint of popcorn. The caramel is slightly detectable, but gets lost in the patchouli and amber. I would only buy this if it were really cheap. I'll use my sample and that will most likely be it.

Finch
Finch

Seriously, I thought I would hate this, off of the ad campaign and the fact that most of the idiotic sorority girls at my university were going nuts over it a few years back. ;) They have moved on to Juicy, luckily, leaving me to use Miss Dior Cherie in peace! Very appealing and inoffensive- sweet, earthy and almost tea-like. Be aware that it reacts very differently on everybody- so go try it on before you buy it. I've had friends steal sprays and they hated it, despite loving it on me.

TashaRose
TashaRose

I'm sorry, but this perfume is not for me at all! The bottle is super cute, and the notes are amazing. From the reviews and the list of notes, this should be the type of fragrance I adore... a super fruity hit of cherries, berries, and pineapple, followed up by a sweet middle layer (caramel is one of my favorite notes, and popcorn is so unique and original!).

I love amber and vanilla, patchouli (in the right perfume), and musk, so I figured I'd be running right out to buy this after I sampled it. My god, was I disappointed. It smells like rotten flowers on my skin, like how a funeral is almost sickly sweet with all the flowers and it makes you nauseous. To be sure, I sprayed it on a second day and got the same results. I asked my fiance, and he agreed. Rotten flowers.

I really wanted to love this perfume. It's a shame that it just doesn't work for me, because the notes are all on my "should be just divine!" list. Just goes to show you that you really should try before you buy, because even if the notes seem like they're right up your alley, the fragrance might not suit your chemistry at all.

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

Even if sometimes I feel it's a bit sweet( I don't like sweet perfumes at all!), after about an hour it smells like a comfy light woody fragrance. I really like this perfume, because it makes me feel I'm full of life and seductive at the same time...a kind of chilidish woman.

KalteStern
KalteStern

Too sweet, too sickly, too little girly; am I the only one out there who doesn't want to smell of boiling sugar?

As Coco Mademoiselle to Coco, Cherie seems to be a euphemism for 'yetanotherAngelclone'.
Has absolutely nothing to do with Miss Dior, either.

Malibu
Malibu

I really, really wanted to love this; stawberry, violet, popcorn and the bottle? I was so excited waiting for the release...

My main complaint with MISS DIOR CHERIE is that it's very strong ( I developed a killer headache). Plus, although I love sweeter fragrances I found the combination of patchouli, caramel and jasmine sickly.

On the plus side; I love the long top note of strawberry and I thought the bottle and peach juice were very cute. The staying power is very impressive.

Kama
Kama

Jane Stephanie, both perfumes are very similar...diffrence:
2005 = EDP - stronger one
2007 = EDT - slightly lighter version of Miss Dior Cherie, also the cherry note is missing

Jane Stephanie
Jane Stephanie

I agree that Miss Dior Cherie is wonderfully light and charming, and I use it during the summer months. BUT - there are two versions of it - one from 2005 and one from 2007 and I have no idea which edition I have or what the difference between them is. Can anyone answer this, please?

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I have to agree that this is a very darling fragrance. I'm wearing my sample again today, and I'm enjoying the tart, sweet aroma immensely. I didn't think I could wear it all day long, but it's actually quite wearable, and more than bearable...unlike Flowerbomb (to me). I find the juiciness of the fruits, especially the strawberries, to be very appealing. It brings about a tartness that's fun and playful, but not childish. The caramel brings more sweetness to the table than I'm used to wearing, but it's still not sickeningly sweet (IMO). I'm not getting much musk on my skin--nor patchouli--but it has to be in there or else this fragrance would be unbearable to me. It's all-around lovely...and definitely for the young-at-heart.

(I don't understand why they call this a Chypre-Fruity. To me, it's just fruity....BUT, a very tasteful fruity. Nothing like others you see on the market).

babybomb
babybomb

Really dissapointed.
Miss Dior Cherie has all the notes i love and seeing all the good reviews i was sure i would love it, however when i gladly went into the shop and sprayed it on myself, i nearly threw up. All i could get was a fake cherry smell with popcorn and a hint of rose...
I even thought I sprayed the wrong thing and looked at it again..

but it does have good lasting power..i tried to wash it off later and my friend could still pick up the smell =[

exciter76
exciter76

Yesterday I practically doused myself in this. Still could hardly smell it. I even layered it with the lotion. Still could hardly smell it.

I was head over heels in love when I initially spritzed myself. Nothing but creamy caramelized popcorn. The top notes came a little late for the party, but they were nice too. Faint, but nice. But then there was the dry down, the very awkward dry down. It smelled like baby wipes when it was all said and done. There was no creaminess, no fruitiness, and certainly no longevity.

I really want to love this fragrance but for the lack of longevity, the weak potency, and the weird dry down I simply cannot.

melissa
melissa

I have to agree with one of the other girls, this fragrance seems more like for the Fall and Winter months. My Husband bought it for me for my birthday last fall and I wore it mostly on the cooler days. He got the EDP- maybe the toilette version is a little lighter. I like it, but it does not take much of a spritz- will last all day. I think it is very unusual and different from alot of other scents.

luz
luz

The EDP: I find it oversweet and synthetic. The strawberry sorbet note is just horrible on my skin, and reminds me of Strawberry and Champagne by VS, which I hate.

The EDT: still, everything is about strawberry and caramel popcorn. But in a nice way though. I like this one.

xlola101
xlola101

I first smelled this in an Airport and I just fell in love.Every year I went on holiday,I never had enough euros to get it and I kept lusting after it.Finally,last year I had 50€ left in my purse,and Miss Dior Cherie was 49€.
If you are a fan of sweet perfumes that you can smell over and over again-then this one is for you.

pearled
pearled

miss dior cherie is honestly just the most delicious, beautiful, captivating perfume i think i have ever smelled. every time i smell it it brings a smile to my face. it's most definitely my signature scent.

it's lovely and sweet, but with a heavier undertone to it that brings a perfect balance. and it has caramel popcorn in it, how cool is that? classic, classy, feminine and altogether wonderful.

everything about this scent is just lovely, even including the packaging and the advertising - the commerical was directed by sofia coppola and features a pretty young girl frolicking around paris to a soundtrack of brigitte bardot. i could never have even dreamed up anything more perfect.

Miss Dior Cherie was one of my fantastic "to-buy" perfumes that I ever knew!
I remember I had sprayed it on the paper and I had put it between the sheets of a book in order not to lose the page I was reading.
every time I opened the book,unconsciously I felt a creamy,very pleasant scent that made me dizzy.it took me some minutes to find out it was because of the paper in which I had sprayed miss dior cherie.
since it's more expensive than most of other fragrance(I could buy two perfumes with that money) I was a bit cautious to buy it.but finally I did it!
still I love it very much,but now I understand when people say that it can become overwhelming what they're talking about.there's a kind of sweetness that can make me sick at stomach.
this happens mostly when the weather is hot.in fact it's a great perfume for every season except for summer.
the long lasting power is really great!I have EDP and it lasts for some days on my clothes.
I really enjoy the opening,very fresh and fruity without being too sweet.it reminds me a young girl with a popcorn in the hand.she MUST has curves.it doesn't match any skinny girl at all.
as it remains it becomes creamier and more sweet and this is where I can't take during summer.
by the way it's one of the most unique fragrances I've ever smelled.ok,it's fruity,but it's very different from Escada or other fruity fragrances.I can compare the way it smells with Rush by Gucci.by the way it's "Dior" and while you're wearing it,you'll never forget this fact.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I purchased this one today. I have wanted this one for so long ever since I smelled it last year and I really like it. It's very creamy,sweet but still sophisticated and not at all overly sugary. This perfume is not paticulary fruity on me it's more sort of caramelish and I can definatley smell the popcorn.

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

I bought a mini EDP bottle of Miss Dior Cherie unsniffed, and I have to say it's unlike any other perfume I've ever smelled before even though it reminds me of something in my childhood. Not sure exactly what though....it's kind of a Christmas-y scent to me (fruity-spicy-caramel mmm). I disagree with the reviewers that say this is a Spring or Summertime scent, I think it's more of a Fall/ Winter fragrance (or maybe it's just the fact that I own the EDP and not the EDT). Bottom line: I LOVE IT.

Really nice, sweet scent. I think it would be great for daytime, a summery or spring fragrance. I can smell the strawberries and the caramel but it's not the over-the-top vanilla gourmand sweetness of a lot of the celebrity perfumes that are out now.

essija
essija

Oh how I cannot get enough of this. This is such a sparkling scent and so very suitable for Spring! I am now lemming a FB of this. Strawberry Champagne as one described is perfect. It's a beautiful mixture and very well put together. I do pick up hints of rose, caramel & popcorn. This is a delight to wear today and would love to have more the future!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I like it for a few minutes and then I cannot stand it. There is something sharp and sweet in this combination of notes. I think the bottle is pretty, but other than that I could never wear it or tolerate it.

persian_girl
persian_girl

My actual boyfriend gave me this scent. It is not bad but there is something too heavy in it... or maybe it is only me who has this impression, when I saw the name, and later the ad, which reminds of youth, cuteness, lightness, I would expect something light, floral, airy, but this is not. Quite heady, maybe good for a night at the Opera or in a luxury hotel restaurant.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

This is one where the concentration makes all of the difference. I was out perfume testing today, and sprayed a bit of the edt on. I sniffed it , said "Eh, nice, but no big deal", and walked on. On the next counter, they had a bottle of eau de parfum concentration. I sprayed it, and wow! I was struck by the sweet, warm richness of "Miss Dior Cherie". The caramel is sublime! After the edt settled, I liked it more, but it was much brighter, and much fruitier. I, personally like the warm sensuality of the edp. The edt smells much more ordinary- more like the fruity florals that are all over right now. The edp, on the other hand, has presence.

guest_Moi
guest_Moi

It's such a girly-absoulutley-cute-sugary-scent. But not in a cheap way. I am actually saving up for this perfume plus I love the strawberry-caramel notes in this symphony of sweet ness.

Elumina
Elumina

So many people like and wear this perfume and i can imagine why, Miss Dior Cherie has a very pleasant smell, maybe cute but not girly-cute.
Its sweet and a lil bit fruity/floral, not overpowering at all.
I really can smell the popcorn in the drydown, just lovely.
This one is for me the perfect example for the category "medium", very simple but still has style. I believe it fits so well for walking through the city in summer and eating strawberry ice-cream. The bottle also fits to the scent, it is like a little gift, innocent and full of surprises.

ljira
ljira

Strawberry and wine,cherry in liquer, cold little glass in my hand, just a drop of this sweet liquid bites with its bitterness until the fruits beg to be swallowed.You want to refuse this magic drink but it is impossible cos it makes you feel warm and dizzy,until strong scent runs into your nose alluring with its sweetness.

Cherie! Dear....
A bottle of perfume, preciuos keeper of captured secret, bitter truth emerged in sweet expectations..

Cherie!

sharyssa
sharyssa

Gorgeous fragrance! I like this one alot. So unaffordable though, if I bought it I would have to limit my use because is too expensive for daily use.I smell alot of strawberry and something warm in this. One of the best fragrances out there.

elizabethjaneforrest
elizabethjaneforrest

I adore this perfume! I wear it when I feel my most self-actualized.

I often feel as if I can't make out many of the notes, but that Miss Dior Cherie almost has a texture to it. It sparkles and bubbles when on the right person.

It tickles the nose, but not in a spicy or sneezy way, but it's almost as if you've sipped a sparkling wine a little too quickly.

mizsadako
mizsadako

After reading the notes of this perfum I know why I can´t feel comfortable using it! Its the kettle corn scent , salty-sweet that isn´t right. Maybe for 7 years girls.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

MISS DIOR CHERIE symbolizes the Dior timeless couture spirit, with a modern twist. A new spin on a timeless classic. An impertinent and gourmand fragrance which combines a classic structure and surprising fresh notes.
An amazing blend of strawberry leaves and green mandarin open up this scent. Then blends into a violette, pink jasmine and strawberry sorbet which finishes off with fresh patchouli, musk and crystalline.

I do still like this fragrance, I always have, but there is something about it that isn't urging me to buy it.

Miss Dior Cherie is most definitely fruity and sweet, and certainly aimed at a younger crowd. The scent itself is quite complex and strong. The pineapple and strawberry wine notes seem to dominate this fragrance. Surprisingly I consider Miss Dior Cherie a boozy type of scent; something that would blend in well when worn to a bar.

Unfortunately I don't see myself buying this because, for starters, I have far too many fruity scents, and secondly, I'm needing a more sophisticated, wintry scent for the colder months.

sam
sam

Modern romanticism. It is like a little black dress with powder rose assessories. Very french, elegant yet playful at the same time. I feel like a parisian girl when i am wearing it.
After the strong strawberry beginning it develops very quickly into a creamy-powdery scent on me.
And not to forget to mention that it is my signature scent :-)

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

Yummy smell on the little cards, but not so yummy on me. Way to creamy and caramely. Would probably be nice on college age and below.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I guess I have certain expectations of Christian Dior, and this just doesn't fit my image of them. It is far to fruity sweet to me. There is an insane amount of liqueur-sweetened strawberries in this. Very young and girlish though, doesn't make me think sophisticated personally. If you like the really sweet berry notes, this may be up your alley.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Smells alot like the bottle looks! A dainty, cute, delicate girly girl. For me most of the middle notes showed up. First the caramel hit you then the jasmine comes forward. After a few minutes the base of patchouli and musk really make an apperance. And after a while I smell jasmine and musk. Its cute!

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

It's very Darling. It's sweet both in smell and sentiment, however not overly so as a salty middle note tempers it. Miss Dior Cherie is my top every-day no fuss fragrance. It makes every meeting a special and precious. Every outfit, easy and luscious. The scent is sweet, salty and luscious!

First notes that hit you is a very strong strawberry, supported by pineapples and raspberry, almost smelling of lycee sweetness. These notes are tempered by a lovely saltiness, that gives the impression of being on the beach, smelling the shores and chatting with friends... the smell is bright, young, and wonderful. It's long lasting, and sharp (no unpleasant lingering scents, one note effortlessly calls upon the next).

It's very feminine, and goes over well with one's significant other, as the scent isn't sickeningly sweet, or harsh, it's soft and pungent. It moves with easy through the day, leading in to night. It's sexy and sweet, and fun. It's a girl on the go, on the move, independent, and confident.

If you're a free spirit, independent, affectionate, vibrant woman or girl, you don't need Miss Dior Cherie, but you will want it.

Wendy
Wendy

I like it very much, but I don't find it that long lasting... It seems to disappear very quickly on me.

nezzabel
nezzabel

I fell in love with Miss Dior Cherie since it was launched and I finally got it!
Miss Dior Cherie is not a teen fragrance. Yes it's young - the notes caramel and popcorn blended with pinneaple, strawberry and cherry give this youth and carelss freedom, but the basis is a little bit heavy for teens.
The scent is all about sweetness, but not in a boring way... in my oppinion it describes a person sweet, charming, cute, nice... but with a backbone, fun, free, with a lot of attitude... not boring at all!
This fragrance makes me feel this way: "Yes I'm cute and nice but don't mess with me because I'm sophisticated and classy but if I need so, I'll get down of my heels!!"
The scent is charming, young, classy... It's so french, so couture!
It is very longlasting, and I really adore wearing this... the boys like it!=)
The bottle screems cute, with the litle bow.. so beautiful!

Please do try this one... it's gorgeous!

Taliera
Taliera

Miss Dior Cherie is almost edible. That being said, I am a bit snobby about the fact that it is a strong fruity floral, and seems like Dior's attempt to cash in on the youth market of upper teens and early twenties... I expect something with more complexity, and less "bang you over the head with fruitiness" for something I would buy. Edible, but I wouldn't eat/buy it.

darren
darren

It open with sweet notes,but after a while it becomes more mild and lovely.each one of combinations is a lovely note which is combined the best way.the most bold items are pineapple and popcorn.it's a suitable perfume for a young woman(between 25-35 years old) but not for teenagers.

Chelsea
Chelsea

how can anyone not love this scent? its the most beautiful one that i've ever smelt in my life. sweet but yet elegant and has character to it.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Sweet, enticing...I like this one. Cute is such a perfect word for it. It is fruity and one that I cannot imagine could be offensive to anyone. And the bottle is cute too! Not sure I would ever in this lifetime consider this perfume to be sexy in any way but sometimes a cute little perfume is just right.

flugeltje013
flugeltje013

Hmm this starts out really fresh and sweet, it's very strong too. At the end of the day it's not sweet anymore, but spicy and heavy. Not in a bad way. I guess this is the musk and patchoeli I'm smelling. And may I say the drydown smells a little like a male-pefume, also not bad ;-)

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

i find it on my skin , verrryyyy sparkling and fresh and original,,, i would say its the '' eau sauvage'' for women,,, definetely on a summer day,

aysegulucuk
aysegulucuk

if you want to be a winter princess,wear this fragrance on a white polo-neck sweater..you will be adorable..:)

maschin
maschin

i like it a lot..it is fresh an fruity ( i also find melon in it although it's not there) but i think it misses sth. maybe a bit of vanilla would bring it closer to my tastes.finally it reminds me chanel coco mademoiselle.

coco76
coco76

i really think this is a great fragrance for a young woman, its flirty and sweet. on me, its just a little bit too fruity...which is a bit picky, i know. still, better than a lot of other perfumes i have smelled! the pineapple is a wee bit overpowering, but that is probably just my chemistry. i think i might pass this one on to my sister, it will probably smell AMAZING on her, lol.

tenten
tenten

I got a bottle of this in '05 in London and by the time I got back home everybody wanted to know what i was wearing, i think everyone i know now owns a bottle. I've already been through 2 bottles, this will be one of my classic scents. Only to be worn on special occasions. @ night; its so romantic and seductive. A+++

jonr951
jonr951

I love and adore this fragrance! It's my favorite from Dior and it is a must have! Love the strawberry and I love the caramel! It's wonderful!

shopping_crazyx3
shopping_crazyx3

I smelled the sample yesterday, and I like it =]. Not exactly love love love though. It's very sweet, which I like. And a little fruity. But mostly sweet. Very cute, sweet, and young.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

It's adorable and I think that it's one of the fragrances most people love.

wildflower
wildflower

I have to say, this is very similar to Coco Mademoiselle edt, especially in the topnotes, and I have coco mademoiselle already.. So I guess I´ll purchase this when Im done with the c.m. bottle :)

You´re right Marianne. The basenote is kind of weird, but it appears until after 4 hours luckily..

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

Cheerful, optimistic, it seduces on first sniff. Strawberry and unusual popcorns, with caramels made prefect balance on my skin. I prefer this one more than newer editions. Its fragrance with character. Charming edition, love it!

LuckysGirl
LuckysGirl

Normally I don't care for fruity scents, but this perfume has something that appeals to me. It must be the caramel, musk and patchouli notes. Yum.

Marianne
Marianne

Very nice top note but the base needs getting used to. In my opinion, they could have left out the patcouli and musk notes!

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

It's adorable. I definitely want to add this to my perfume wardrobe. It screams "cute" -- not really me, but when I am feeling cutesy, I think this is one scent I'd like to smell like.

2007

Miss Dior Cherie by Christian Dior 3.78 out of 5 based on 3699 ratings and 534 user reviews

Eau De Parfum 1oz
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Miss Dior miss Dior Cherie Perfume by Christian Dior, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray New Packaging for Women
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Miss Dior miss Dior Cherie Perfume by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging for Women
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior SET-EAU DE PARFUM REFILLABLE PURSE SPRAY .67 OZ TWO EAU DE PARFUM REFILLS .67 OZ EACH
Miss Dior miss Dior Cherie Perfume by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray New Packaging for Women
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
EDP Mini 3.4oz
MISS DIOR CHERIE for WOMEN by Christian Dior SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ EAU DE PARFUM REFILLABLE SPRAY .25 OZ MINI

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Miss Dior Cherie by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Miss Dior Cherie by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.