Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Miss Dior Eau de Toilette Originale Christian Dior for women

Miss Dior Eau de Toilette Originale Christian Dior for women
dislike

Miss Dior Eau de Toilette Originale Christian Dior for women Pictures

Miss Dior Eau de Toilette Originale by Christian Dior is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Miss Dior Eau de Toilette Originale was launched in 2011. Top note is galbanum; middle note is jasmine sambac; base note is patchouli.

Galbanum

Vol de Nuit

Miss Dior Eau de Toilette Originale Fragrance Reviews

dormir6
dormir6

In the first hour is similar to the first and real Miss Dior.
But after_ it is sooo longlasting- it is just like Arpege. It was shocked. Reminded me of Chanel 5 and Arpege and lakced that deep, satisfying, balsamic something I Always loved soooo much.
Very good but unfortunatelly not the old one.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Miss Dior

Eau De Toilette Originale

Galbanum

Jasmine Jasmine Sambac

Patchouli

This was a reformulation of the original Miss Dior Eau de Toilette from '47, which was a much lighter concentration of the Miss Dior Eau de Parfum. This is strikingly beautiful and in today's fragrance context, a superb unisex cologne of green. What an aroma. This was launched in 2011 and at the time this was a throwback to the classic green floral chypres of the Golden Age of Perfume. The bottle looks exactly like the decanter of toilet water from '47 in a glass bottle and glass stopper. Beautiful. Retro. Classic vintage perfume. I sometimes just love to collect old perfume bottles! The scent is phenomenal. In fact for me it's the galbanum note, becoming a rarity in today's perfume world, which makes this such a winner. I adore the galbanum note. It smells of autumn evenings, of verdure, a grove at midnight, blades of grass, and jasmine bushes in the moonlight. When I was little growing up in Brooklyn and the inner cities of the boroughs of New York City such as the Bronx and Queens, the very few jasmine flowers I found in neighbor's gardens, and especially star shaped Confederate jasmine, was a pleasure for my nose. This reminds me of when I would sneak into stranger's gardens and smell the white jasmines.

The opening note is an unapologetic aromatic throw-up of green notes. There's a giant galbanum which is dominating the top but let's not forget there is more going on here. There is a soap scent coming from a typical Eau de Toilette skin freshening toilet water. This is aldehydic. I can't ignore the aldehyde content in this fragrance. These are fresh and soapy aldehydes. With the green notes it smells like a bar of soap with green Irish spring smell. This is also rather like a men's cologne or bar of soap. At times it even reminds me faintly of the openings to such green fresh outdoorsy colognes like Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels, or Coty's Aspen as well as Ralph Lauren Polo in the green bottle. Now don't get me wrong. And don't get the wrong idea. This is not as masculine as those aforementioned frags. This is not a man's cologne. It's a chypre for women. But it can be worn by men who wear the scents I've mentioned because of the notes that smell so much like the ingredients in the men's chypres and greens.

The floral note of jasmine and jasmine sambac is so beautiful, dreamy, indolic, yet at the same time clean (I guess because of the aldehydes). There is a musky floral aroma as well. This is not a shy jasmine. It's similar to the fragrant and dark jasmine in Alien by Thierry Mugler. In other words an Oriental jasmine. A beautiful very beautiful jasmine. I love jasmines as much as the next girl. In perfume when we get jasmine we are fortunate to smell a note that has long been a part of the perfume industry since the beginning. To think that Grasse jasmine was the available ingredient in Chanel and Dior's time in France, and that there were laborers in Provence who would collect jasmine in countless baskets to be sent to perfumery labs for distillation and for extracts to make into oil for perfume. The scent must have been beyond amazing. To think that even before French modern perfumery was around, the Ancient World had their jasmine perfumes: ancient Mesopotamians, Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. It is said that Cleopatra loved jasmine and had it poured into her bath water. It's a fragrance of exquisite classical beauty and it delivers all that it should in Miss Dior.

The dry down in this scent should have been woodsy with further green notes of vetiver and patchouli and musk. Those woods-greens in the original parfum were ravishing and perfect. The musk as well. In the Eau de Toilette they cut down on many base notes and kept the patchouli herbs, leaves and plant scent. I love patchouli and in the end this is all about the patchouli. If you enjoy patchouli based perfumes, this is a treat. I love the oily herbal scent emitting from this patchouli. When you put your nose to your skin as it wears for hours, it also turns somewhat into an incense. The musk keeps it in the unisex body. Ultimately this fragrance is not sweet nor stereotypically feminine. It lacks the sweet stuff: no citrus, no peach, no other fruit notes, no florals of rose, orchid, ylang, or heliotrope, iris or violet. It's pure jasmine floral. But it's glorious. For me this is a very easy to wear and simple Oriental and chypre combined. Miss Dior EDT can be worn in the autumn and winter. It has a night time and very aromatic warm scent for the wearer who wants to smell good and earthy in the cold winter months.

It matches up with fur coats and leathers. I also detect vetiver and asafetida which remind me slightly of Magie Noire by Lancôme and a bit like Ivoire de Balmain. There is also something of Mugler Alien but far more enjoyable. At the same time I don't want to say that this scent is 100 percent like those fragrances. It stands out on it's own as a very gorgeous green chypre. I would like to add that this is not what I was expecting. The 2011 version and the Parfum from '47 are 2 entirely different animals. The perfume has so many notes and so much complexity and elegance, a glamorous floral green. This is green and floral but less floral, and with a softer and more delicate concentration.

This is a modern classic which deserves more praise and more credit.

Beautiful Miss Dior

Christian Dior where would we be without you?

Thank You !

Miss LaCreevy
Miss LaCreevy

Mapache, you are right! Let the sharp opening pass and you will discover a beautiful classic perfume, not exactly like the vintage, but really something simular. I wore the original Miss Dior a lot in the sixties, and remember that perfume very well.

mapache
mapache

This one opens with a strong blast of aldehydes and alcohol/sharp.....this passes rather quickly, to the "green" vibe...but keep waiting.....because the dry-down is worth the wait. This is one you have to let evolve on you skin/chemistry,before you make
final judgement. I find this is mostly the case with the "classic" fragrances and especially with chypres and oriental-ish florals. I do see the difference in the vintage Miss Dior and this newer version, yes. It is "less-than" the vintage, but it is still an awesome fragrance. A Classic !!!! Glad to have it in my collection.

NinaLew
NinaLew

This fragrance is sublime. I was prepared to recoil, given some of the reviews, but honestly my experience of this was transcendent. I did not understand how a fragrancd could be called "green" until I tested this. The opening is so strong and sharp, but totally addictive. The heart is surprisingly sweet and soft, and the drydown makes me wonder how beautiful the vintage version would have been. I love the slightly powdery, refreshing ending, and only wish it lasted a bit longer. I am in my 30s and would happily wear this. So, so clean and lovely.

Dort0625
Dort0625

I'll start of my review as I did the ESP of this....I recently won an eBay auction of a perfume sample lot and it had the EDP and EDT (this) in it. I was hoping that when I smelled the EDP and absolutely hated it that it was because it was too strong in it EDP version and that the EDT would soften it out and smell nice. Boy was I wrong!!! This smells the exact same, no difference not even a little. It has that same strange older man and booze smell like the EDP and omg I can barely stand it! I've always wanted to have one of the "fancy" Dior fragrances, just to say I had it and wear it....If that makes any sense lol it's almost like a prestigious country club members that have more money than they know what to do with and this WOULD be the scent of the beautiful women....But this totally killed my image of that lol how disappointed I am

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This has become my signature along with Lancome's La Nuit Tresor. Miss Dior Originale is a chypre dream to me, but I can sense that it might be difficult for others to wear. It is green, leathery womanhood. It smells like an aviatrix to me...A strong, adventurous woman fresh and clean in a bomber jacket. I was quite thrilled to learn it was a favorite perfume of the jaunty and incomparable Katherine Hepburn ( an aviatrix by the way!). I love and have both the vintage and reformulation. Gorgeous fragrance, very refined.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

So simple, yet so intense and classic. I love Dior, why not something closer to first's creation named Miss Dior, Dior's only child. A role, a person, a signature against other couture houses.

Well, I am not in love. I just always wanted to try it and I did. It belongs to the family and era where Chanel No.5 belongs too. If I lived in those years, definitely I would be a Dior's fan. Miss Dior EDT Original is so green, strong and exactly how perfumes should be, a statement. I thought I will call it mature or granny-type but no.

I just can't imagine it in a mature old lady or even a man. Yeah, this perfume could be easily a men's one nowdays as we're full of 'sweet' perfumes or at least this is how a woman is advertised to be and smell, but back then as I said, a true luxurious touch. It smells like an expensive 'green' wallet full of 50 euro bank notes. Conrats to those dare to wear since no one will be able to forget them that easy.

Ilprofumo

Absolutely gorgeous. True vintage like allure. For women 50 plus or those who appreciate earlier genre fragrances.

Jola 72
Jola 72

Ohh,such a good one ...Incredibly feminine and with a lot of character...I tested it today and was amazed by this fragrance...2011..?Really..? Untill now ,some hours after I tested it on my wrist and washed my hands I still smell this one...
...while Miss Dior le perfume dissapeared after an half an hour I put it on,strange thing...I would definetily buy this edT,then I am finished my bottle of Jean-Louis Sherrer 2,I find them close each other by the way...Love

therockabillyequestrian
therockabillyequestrian

I wanted to like it, I love vintage and classics and Miss Dior is a classic. But the Originale one does not suit me at all. I literally jerked away the instant the scent hit my nose the revolution was so strong. I didn't really like the newer version either. It's a shame I didn't get on with it but some people will like it I'm sure.

raverdudes
raverdudes

I wanted to like this SO BADLY, but there's something I find awfully offputting. I have no idea what it is, I would venture say it's maybe the patchouli, but I'm not sure, since I have many other perfumes containing that note that I really enjoy. It is VERY old-school, quite long-lasting and with above average sillage.

KJS88
KJS88

Even after a guttering reformulation, Miss Dior is one of those unique post-war era chypres very typical of Dior that manages to juxtapose starched, aristocratic, dry, mossy freshness with a low growling vegetal funk without smelling dirty, dated, or gross. It speaks both to civilised properness and primeval sensuality, and positively reeks of good taste and womanliness. Vetiver, patchouli, moss, ambrette, French jasmine, and I'm sure carnation and incense. With Dior-style aldehydes artfully permeating the whole composition at a respectably low hum, rather than smacking you in the face with an iron skillet at the top and absconding for fear of assault charges. If I were a woman, I'd make it one of my signatures.

Swamp Lily
Swamp Lily

I tried this one at a SA's insistence, there must have been six different Miss Dior versions on display. I already have and love Le Parfum, I'm not as fussed on MD edt which was MD Cherie.. Or was it!? I really don't understand what Dior are doing with this line. Anyway this one truly is a beautiful version and really has a pronounced vintage vibe. Who knows how close to the original it really is.?!. The old school bottle is a nice touch but Le Parfum will do me for now.

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

Ok, a tried my mum's today (bought it for her for christmas, so it pretty much brand new manufactured April 2014).

i could smell most of the notes listed for the other Miss Dior listing of "Christian Dior Miss Dior" the eau de toilette...that i suspect is the vintage version, which the Originale is trying to emanate? i haven't smelt this one, but my mum wore it for years and says this is the same one.

anyhoos, i love it!

Please take note though: most of the notes are missing above.
i smell clary sage, bergamot, violet, iris, oakmoss, rose, powder, woods...yes galbanum! oh and those aldehydes! and i suspect there's a little patch in the mix too. Jasmine? not really. i got vetiver, orris, sandalwood and powdery amber in the base too. a complex beautifully crafted green chypre.

....this isn't what you see above, so do try to test it...if you love terre d'iris (which is drier and woodier/masculin), infusion d'iris (which is sweeter and wetter) or vintage chanel no.19 EDT (more aldehydes and bitter creaminess), Madame Rochas (which is sweeter, more powdery and complex)...if you love any of those, i can bet you will love this too.

this is a beautiful green powdery woody aldehydic "chypre floral", in all it's gloriousness.
it isn't screechy or bitter, or cold...as one might expect, well not to my nose!

the top notes stay for a good half hour (the best bit!), then it does dry down through a heart of floral orris to mostly a skin scent, all enveloped in gorgeous little wafts of delicious powder for 4-5 hours.

it is truly a bit of a little gem!

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

I don't know how much "Miss Dior Originale" is a faithful recreation of the "Miss Dior" which was launched in 1947. However, I have a feeling that it can be quite close to the original one.
It is an "old style" perfume, rich in aldehydes, floral notes, oakmoss and resins; completely different (thankfully!) from the syrupy fragrances that are so fashionable now.
A girl who works with me, who is 28 years old and is all crazy for Narciso Rodriguez and for "delicate" (in her own words) scents, said that "Miss Dior" stinks and it smells like "old lady"... then, nothing could make me happier and more determined to wear it whenever I can!
Miss Dior is the antithesis of "fruitchouli" and of all the perfumes created to please the teenagers who want to smell of vanilla & strawberry pudding.
It is not a warm scent, nor a gourmand scent. It is stylish and cold, a fragrance suitable for an "Ice Queen" whom one can only admire from afar.
Although I am more into Oriental fragrances, I love it and I consider it suitable for all the occasions when you want to feel elegant and at the same time keep your distance.
Wonderful for formal occasions, whilst I would not recommend it for a romantic date.

Pebbles7532
Pebbles7532

Opens with a strong, lingering burst of aldehydes, making it almost too strong. Dries down after 5 minutes into a baby powder smell. White florals and baby powder dominate. Absolutely no sweetness. Dry down is very delicate and dainty. Linear and stays constant.

The longitivity was rather short - under 4 hours. Not happy with the scent fading but what do you expect from a toilette? I like the new Miss Dior eau de parfum more.

epiphany
epiphany

I have this (purchased 2014) & a mini bottle of Miss Dior that my grandmother gave me over 30 years ago. The only difference I can distinguish is that the older version has just a hint more depth to it. This may be because of it's age & storage. But it's only a hint - otherwise there's virtually no difference between the two. Sweet, floral & heady but without the cloying sugary sweetness that the modern celebrity-perfumes have. A great choice for all-day wear; it has excellent longevity. Vintage feminine at it's best.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

I believe this is a faithful rendition to the classic Miss Dior. What makes me say so despite the fact of having no experience at all upon the vintage Miss Dior, is because of a friend of mine, she is a senior teacher who is about to retire in 3 to 4 years to come, could immediately identify the smell as she asked me, are you wearing Miss Dior? I was about to say no, because it is never a good feeling to let others know that I wear perfume meant for women, (it is still not widely accepted in Malaysia on the idea that perfume has no gender, as to wear perfume of the opposite gender is rather embarassing) but I was surprised as well because she could detect it as Miss Dior. She is not a fragrance addict, let alone to spend much on fragrances and surely have no idea upon reformulation etc. She then said that she once had a bottle of it, but it was long, long ago...

Well, I believe the current one is no doubt a reformulated version. Yet, I also believe it must be a faithful one despite the many IFRA restriction especially on the use of oakmoss.

Both of its longevity and silage are good. Not too overpowering. Definitely a classic worth cherished for.

Feli15
Feli15

As i first inhale whiffs of Miss Dior sprayed on my arm, I am transported into a mirage.
It's a place of majestic green meadows of narcissi and lily-of-the-valley in bloom. A pond filled with crystal clear water. Pale pink roses ready to open their petals, shining, all covered in dew droplets. The air is still cold but my eyes are bright with anticipation of the precious moments of the first rays of the warm spring sun. A little slice of heaven.

Under the slightly bitter and cool surface, there is a pronounced warmth and tenderness, almost fragile. To me, it is the scent of awakening, rebirth, hope, joy of life and utter ladylike elegance.
Miss Dior is heartbreakingly beautiful and she captured my heart forever.

zampeachie
zampeachie

I blind bought a 100ml of this and today I excitedly put it on for a picnic lunch with friends. Perfect scent for the humid spring and elegant without being sweet or overpoweringly girly. It comes off very aldehydic on me, a perfectly vintagey scent. Definitely don't regret buying the huge bottle and I look forward to a summer with miss dior :)

Planet_X
Planet_X

Oh yes! Such a different one! I would rather call it “Alchemy” or “Metamorphosa” or “The Taming of the Shrew”
Its one and only who can kill by rather sharp aldehydes, while smelling it from the bottle, strangle you during first two seconds by galbanum and send to heaven without a ticket or cue after exactly 60 seconds when suddenly you are surrounded by the
-softest, lipstickiest, femininest, something rosy ice-creamy on mossy tray, that is hold by shiny leather glove

leonorano3
leonorano3

This is a beautiful, elegant and well-blended chypre which does, in my opinion, resemble the perfume I wore in the '70s and '80s, though I'm not sure how closely, since I don't have the vintage to compare. Though I am unable to distinguish all the individual notes as some people can, I cannot believe the composition is as simple as the quoted notes seem to suggest, particularly as I normally dislike scents with a high proportion of patchouli.

I really hope this sells well, merely to convince Dior that money can be made by producing mass-market classic perfumes for grown-ups. I shall be increasing the sales figures by as much as I can afford, but I need your help in this!

Migalex
Migalex

It seems the original version is back. I cannot spot any difference. What I can smell most in this fragrance, like before, is a balsamic note or group of notes, very much like many of the older Guerlain scents.It may not be very much my type of scent, but as for that it does smell classic. I can also smell bergamot and galbanum, like in the 1947 version.

EmiliavonRaupach
EmiliavonRaupach

Fantastic, elegant, feminine. Just put it on my wrisy and noticed in 1 hour the beautiful fragrance, stanning and light. Certainly Can put it on the same like chanel 19 level and type.

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

The annual perfume and make up show was in town again. I wait all year for this as it gives a good chance to see and sniff so many perfumes at one time, ( a good and bad thing as the nose can only take so much). However I always use this as a chance to seek out the odd and obscure.

I know what to look for, thanks to fragrantica and it does not take long to seek out quality finds. This year it was a choice of two all within about 15 minutes. Sorry I am not into celebrity scents or the modern fruity offerings but can understand why they are so hugely popular.

I came home with this and even though I don't go for eau de toilettes, this was perfect. Warm spicy and light. An inoffensive perfume that smells of quality.

It is like warm sunshine in the evening, a golden hour when the flowers perfume the air before they close for the night. Comforting as a european evening with friends over dinner and good class of red wine.

Great find, even if I say so myself!

Edit - this is my skin scent. soft, and gentle but ever present.

Aroussa
Aroussa

I was pleasantly surprised to find this. First, having to get down on one knee in the perfume shop to investigate what mysteries are hidden away on the very bottom shelf of the Dior display. And there it was. I sprtized it once on my wrist, covered it with my sleeve, and forgot about it for a few hours.

And then, suddenly, there it was again. A pleasant surprise. A soft, feminine, velvety, smooth floral. It's almost like a whisper... The way it projects itself. Enchanting. I must have it for summer!

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

To add to the Miss Dior/Miss Dior Chérie flanker confusion, here I was thinking the "originale" was to emphasize this was the 1947 version, with the classic chypre accord, but if Fragrantica's listing is correct, it's gone under a drastic reformulation, because if you look in the database, the older version has way more notes than this one, and I know of people who have tried both and they have said that they are indeed different scents. So watch out for that.

Sherihan
Sherihan

I love it, it is as beautiful as the vintage one.