Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Miss Dior Extrait de Parfum Christian Dior for women

Miss Dior Extrait de Parfum Christian Dior for women
dislike

Miss Dior Extrait de Parfum is a more concentrated and more intensive version of the first Dior fragrance Miss Dior from 1947. This elegant and refined green chypre composition includes notes of galbanum, jasmine and patchouli. It is available as perfume extract in bottles of 7.5 ml. Miss Dior Extrait de Parfum was created by Jean Carles and Paul Vacher.

Galbanum

Dior

Galbanum

Jasmine

Patchouli

The extract of the original Miss Dior Eau de Parfum (1947) is a heavier concentration, with an aroma that could wake the dead! But they would be resurrecting to such a beautiful scent, a fragrance they would give anything to wear again. This is absolutely beautiful. I've been wearing this fragrance for New York Fashion Week. Nowadays it's hard to find this exact dab-on bottle but it's essentially a denser perfume and contains less notes than the original with only 3 notes of galbanum, jasmine and patchouli. As if they need any other notes besides these powerful punches. All 3 notes are the most aromatic and fiercest of perfume notes.

There is only a trace of aldehydes before the scent becomes green with a patchouli scent that wears like incense. It's smoky and herbal, even a bit on the medicinal side. It's not right to say it but at times it smells like a more pleasant equivalent of marijuana. It's herbal and aromatic. There is also an oiliness, like patchouli oil. The fact that it's the pure perfume and not a spray provides this fragrance with a camphor and oiliness not found in most typical perfumes of our modern day in age. This is definitely patchouli oil in nature so it's best to apply on your skin with a light touch. I apply it on my wrists and collarbone. There's no need to douse yourself in it.

The jasmine flower is the only floral note but she is a diva flower with enormous projection. It's a night blooming indolic jasmine, musky-jasmine, and smells a little bit like the jasmine at the forefront of Alien by Thierry Mugler. If you like that kind of "dirty jasmine" then you'll like this one. It's an Oriental jasmine and patchouli scent, dark, mysterious, elegant and confident. It even comes off as unisex by today's standards. Both men and women can wear this. It's not girly nor stereotypically feminine, nor aggressively masculine. It lies in a middle area but it is very mature and confident.

The dry down is strange. It smells like patchouli but there is also something like moss and musk. It's dark and incensed, smoky and warm, even hot. This perfume is meant to be worn in the evening as a cologne, it's formal and takes itself with seriousness, it commands respect, and even reverence. It can be worn to Church and in fact it's easy for me to visualize a woman in a dark veil lighting candles at Vespers in a Cathedral. It's a fragrance of the night, and smells like those gorgeous chypres that represent the night like Paco Rabanne's La Nuit. I have always loved those type of perfumes.

Miss Dior is an Oriental masterpiece, and in the extract it's base notes and darker more Oriental nature is showcased. The jasmine, the patchouli, the galbanum, are all notes that I really love so for me to find them all in one perfume is such a joy. This perfume is fantastic. If you can find it on ebay and have never worn it, but have worn the vintage Miss Dior you should go ahead and buy it. It's like the original but cut down to size and cuts to the chase as far as the notes that matter.

I also love the look of the bottle with the square shape and the little bow. I have 3 small bottles and I'm using them up this month. I'm in love with this perfume.

mylancome
mylancome

Is this perfume extrait discontinue? I can't find at many major perfume online store.

Update: I look into Dior International page again, Miss Dior Extrait has just moved to the Le Extraits section with ja'dore & poison Extraits. At end of 2014, I found out KLCC Malaysia is selling the Extraits de Parfum. The SA is not so sure whether these are temporary promotion or permanent items.

I hope Dior decides to keep on selling these Extraits de Parfum in Malaysia.

RozaMoisevna
RozaMoisevna

It is a truly marvellous perfume! If Chanel N.5 is pure chic, then Miss Dior (1947) is opulence in a bottle. It reminds a cut diamond with many beautiful facets.

Kysyona
Kysyona

A bit fat YES to this one, despite the fact it opens up with a slap in the face from very powerful chypre demons!! The 1st time I smelled it out of the bottle cap - it smelled like old lady's panties. I could not fathom who in the world would ever want to wear that! Then, after a while, feeling too intrigued, I just decided to surrender the designer hype ( figuring, Dior could have NOT possibly deserved the good name producing bottled stale pee!! ) and bought pure perfume on Ebay, for a song, compared to the store prices. It was still a risky venture, but I thought - hey, I'll put it on when I want to play pretentious just for laughs, or when/if I hit 80! Sprayed on the skin, waited out ca. 10 minutes - and WOOOOOOOW, it just kept evolving and blossoming, light, freshly-cut-grass green, sunny and so fragile!! After "Gianni Versace" by Versace this is the 2nd perfume that changes so much, starting as hideous and peaking in perfection! If I ever get to the point in life, when I can afford this high-class stuff to penetrate my daily life , I will definitely make Miss Dior my spring/summer signature scent, COCO taking over in colder times. For now it's a fancy daytime summer occasions perfume for me - and I hope I will have a lot of them in the coming year just to have an excuse to wear Miss Dior!

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

It says here the perfume is available in bottles of 7,5 ml, but my bottle is 15 ml. I asked for a smaller bottle at the Dior counter, but the 15 ml was all they had. They had never had any 7,5 ml either. I guess I have the reformulation, since I bought it just a couple of weeks ago. I like the perfume better than the EDT. The EDT can smell like clean soap, but not the perfume. On my wrist, I smell patchouli quite strong. It smells like musk too. Strange that even on the Dior site, they only list these 3 notes they have here. But surely this perfume must contain more than 3 notes? Normally they mix around 100 notes or more, to make a fragrance. Well, musky patchouli is what I smell. I don't know what galbanum smells like, but there's something else mixed with the musk and patchouli and I guess that must be the galbanum. Just a tiny, tiny hint of jasmine. There's something sweet in there too. I wish I knew the other notes too. I think it's a beautiful scent and for anyone who wonders whether to buy the EDT or the perfume, save enough money to buy the perfume. It's so much better! I can't stop smelling my wrist. Gorgeous!

Jacster
Jacster

I have just opened a recent purchase of a vintage Miss Dior gift set - 2 ounces of EDT and 1/8 ounce 'parfum pour le sac' - in its original satin-lined presentaion box. Like Carinas, I bought this blind. In my case it was just on the strength of my love of all the other Dior-named creations I have.

I am wearing a small dab of the parfum, and it is transporting me to another time and place. A place where refinement and etiquette are the orders of the day. Where there is mutual respect between the sexes as well as an appreciation of the differences. The old song "I Enjoy Being A Girl" is swirling in my head and I am tripping lightly down the street in a beautiful day dress with my handbag swinging. (But I am not a Stepford wife!)

The thing I love most about the scent is the balmy notes. Most of my favorite perfumes are either fresh green scents (like Diorella) or lush florals (like Diorissimo). And if what I'm sensing is patchouli, all I can say is that I must never have experienced it in its purest form.

This is a truly feminine and beautifully crafted fragrance and, like all my other vintage Diors, is a gift from the past.

carinas
carinas

This review is for the vintage Miss Dior Parfum. New formula smells like a totally different fragrance to me, I'm not saying the new version is bad, but it's different and should not be called Miss Dior.

Vintage pure parfum is class in a bottle. Love it. I just can't understand why people call Miss Dior "old lady", it's classy, chic, mysterious, sexy, everything one lady should want to smell like, regardless of her age. It's timeless classic. If you can get your hands on vintage Miss Dior parfum, check it out. I bought it blind and it's my best blind buy to date!

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

wow! gorgeous bottle! I hope the scent is gorgeous too! lemme try this one :)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Miss Dior Extrait de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Miss Dior Extrait de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Miss Dior Extrait de Parfum by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Miss Dior Extrait de Parfum by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.