Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women

Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 1337 I had it: 301 I want it: 701 My signature: 83

Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women Videos Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women Videos
Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior (new) Christian Dior for women Pictures

Sometime during 2012 the house of Dior renamed its already reformulated Miss Dior Cherie perfume line (the original Miss Dior Cherie was launched in 2005, the new version came out 2011, and there are also numerous other editions made on the same theme) as Miss Dior (which does not have any similarity with the original Miss Dior edition from 1947).

The fragrance is created for an “elegant and spirited young woman in love.” Naturally romantic, Miss Dior inspires an intensive and playful love. She personifies the spontaneous joie de vivre of today’s young women. The fragrance represents freedom and seduction, characterized by an instant and captivating charm.

The composition is a chypre that develops step by step. It glides from the sharp charm of a fresh, fruity, citrus prelude into blossoming floral notes, then on to the noble elegance of patchouli, before finally concluding with musk, the last trace of memory.

Top notes Italian mandarin. Heart: Egyptian jasmine absolute and rose. Base: patchouli and musk.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml eau de Parfum.

The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.

Italian Mandarin

Original Pink
Miss Dior Edition d’Exception

Miss Dior (new) Fragrance Reviews

Kon-nos91

What can I say? It will be my third or maybe fourth review when I said I will stop, but how can I? It became my signature, it won my 1st ever beloved perfume/signature when I thought I will never change but people grow, they change taste!

I promised to myself that if I pass all my exams, I'll buy a bottle to reward me. I failed only once so I bought a 30 ml bottle haha. So, I am looking forward to wear it on my birthday in a few days and rock it! I could write a lot and when a perfume inspires you to do this, it means it worths every little spray. A cloud of a rich, luxurious, spoiled, freedom, confident feeling hugs me strongly!

Can you believe that I used to hate patchouli? If it's nice mixed in a perfume it can be a piece of art, if not, something that happens with most perfumes that have 'lights on' patchouli, see La vie est belle-Lancome for example, a dirty awful bomb. I am an owner of Miss Dior Chérie (2011) and although it's such a confusing story of reformulation, I feel that they have the same DNA. Imagine the same person but, with different outfit. The older edition was more wow and playful, less nobby, the new one is more precious and serious, less complex. To be very honest I prefer the new one and I am saying to all of you people, don't worry for missing the older one.

Now that it's summer, I thought that the EDT edition that I first tried and loved against all other editions of Miss Dior line would be better, but no. I was facing problems with lasting power. Yes, it's more 'sharp', fresh because of neroli and more 'sweet' but EDP does the work no matter season. I see people saying that it works very good with heat but I will not agree. It gives it's luxurious character through winter but boy oh boy, in the Greek island that I am having my holidays (cool sea breeze that cleans your soul, 'soft' sun kissing your skin and normal to warm temperatures) is L-O-V-E. To summarize with the editions, EDT will may be my next purchase since I found a good deal of 50 ml, Blooming Bouquet EDT doesn't last at all for it's price and what about Absolutely Blooming EDP the newest edition? I want to try it like crazy.

********************
If you're bored to read my experience/thoughts sharing above, read straight this paragraph that is the actual review of it's tones/lasting power/sillage: I am getting a feeling of pure luxuriousness. Like a pale pink satin scarf rests on my neck. I hate rose in perfumes but here I don't have any problem at all. Although the middle notes are listed as rose & jasmine, to me it's more like a fruity combination. Strange right? Again, I dislike fruity perfumes as they give me a 'cheap' result but because none of the notes mentioned can be detected straight from Miss Dior EDP, they give me exactly what I want. A mysterious character that makes me wanna explore more and not avoiding perfumes when I see notes I dislike. It's all about body chemistry. It's also what I was looking for. Something different, something advanced, coming from future but dealing with present and at the same time belonging to the past because of it's story. For what I am sure is that rose is from rose absolute, expensive and rare. Jasmin just gives a touch of raciness.

I forgive Dior house and Francois Demachy for reformulating although I said a lot of harsh words. I wouldn't expect anything less perfect from him and for such a famous perfume. What I love to end with, is the caramel-y (not Prada Candy style, hard to compare with other perfumes) body that it reminds me of a warm jam. It blends perfectly with patchouli that gives this sensual, crisp and alive sentiment. So, it could be a smoking hot orange marmelade together with the best quality of rose petals, a pinch of jasmine, some soft spices and a light musky hug in a jar of heavy elegant Indonesian patchouli. Sillage is fine for about 3 hours and lasting power follows this rule too. They are coming in to a balance. Let's share a SECRET/tip: spray it ONLY on pulse points. Don't waste the juice by spraying your body or hair. I would never change the feeling of freedom, love, luxury that Miss Dior gives me. We will be friends for many years and I am ready to wear it and put some enemies to their place. Hope you're all having a good summer!

p.s: It's a review from a Mr. actually ;)

sarandy
sarandy

this is very beautiful, elegance and sweet!!

Fresh citrus comes out lively on the top, then gentle white floral and rose. I am quite fond of its soft patchouli at the base, It's smooth as silk on my skin. Not everyone will love it because of its lacking of uniqueness, but it is still a classic feminine perfume in excellent quality.

this is very beautiful, elegance and sweet!!

lemonzest
lemonzest

Miss Dior (new) confused me. The bottle has a silver bow on it, the name appears in prissy script, and the liquid is peachy pink. How could this not be a sweet fruity floral girlie-girl scent? Because of its appearance and the wedding dress in the ad, I thought this would be a shallow smell for people who call themselves "romantic" (when the more correct term would be "fantasy-driven"). Anyway,I set myself up to expect a silly smell, something for the Modern Bride crowd.

Au contraire! WOW, this is a womanly patchouli, womanly in the sense of ADULT and past all the dreams of unicorn themed beach weddings. The ad is preposterous (oh, most ads are!), except that the Janis Joplin song is spot on. Really the patchouli puts Miss Dior (new) in the category of Scents From Woodstock or What Janis Joplin Would Have Worn or Joan Baez or whatever hippie singer you please. Dang, I like this a lot and find myself wearing it despite the 100 degree (38 C) heat.

Lucky me I never smelled the previous versions so I can enjoy this at face value as the upscale head shop patchouli it really is. 9/10.

nadicamihajlovic
nadicamihajlovic

Gourmand and contemporary, quality made, but composition lacks originality. Crowd-pleaser. Poison Girl smells much like this to me. Dior assumingly tends to produce same perfumes, and only changes the name and marketing around it. It is nice, ok, but nice is not good enough for Dior. One is not paying high price for just nice. Wearing it, will make you feel, more rich and spoiled then special. Knowing this now, commercial has a lot of sense to me. This is made for young, inexperienced lady who likes to smell pink and fluffy, but one day she may discover there are also Diorissimo and Diorella in this world, and after that she will expect more...

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 7/10
sillage : 8/10
longevity :8/10
100% night fragrance

Tussa
Tussa

Very classy and feminine scent, but unfortunately not for me. It is too bold, too sweet and too patchuli for me which is, on the other hand, the reason why so many of you like it so much. It is very complex scent, so do not recommend it as a blind buy. You need to try it and let you body do the chemistry. I will pass mine to my mum who is 60+, and thinking it will be perfect for her and her age. This is not a negative review, just opinion of somebody with different preference, such as Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, which was love at the first sight,
It is very interesting how we all have different opinion :) I always check "PEOPLE WHO LIKE THIS ALSO LIKE..." and there are Coco Mademoiselle, Chloe, Chance, the one I own and love, but also Lancome La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb by Viktor&Rolf, which I don't.
But it is good we have different taste and nose, otherwise, we will all smell the same.
So my only advice is; do not make a blind buy on this one. I do blind buys, but on lower price range. For 75 USD for 50ml EDP, it is better to test it first.
While I am writing this, have it on my wrist, waiting to develop to something I will like more than initial impression, but unfortunately, I will not need to re-write my review,
Longevity and sillage is very good

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

I enjoy this version, but I miss the strawberry note featured in the previous version soooo much!

Dadadida
Dadadida

"Sexy" is the word I'd use to describe it. Sure, it can read as romantic, but when worn in a hot and humid climate, it's super sensual.
It used to be my perfume for hot dates, because it reads "sexy" to men, while still managing to remain classy - it's like something I imagine an uber expensive, very high-society prostitute would wear, if it makes sense.

When worn during the winter, it remains quite "flat" and dry, and smells like a pretty pristine, quite generic citrus-rose chypre scent. The beauty of it, as I mentioned earlier, really comes across when worn while it's hot outside.

It starts off with a very well blended mixture of mandarin, rose, and balmy jasmine: The mandarine note is very very pleasent, and not synthetic at all - you can smell the slightly bitter smell of its peel and also the scent of the sweet orange flesh inside.
The rose is stunning, and most prominent throughout - it smells exactly like real rose water.
And while it's not easy to detect the jasmine, it gives the entier thing creaminess, and makes this perfume very smooth.

Then, it magically morphs into an animallic and uber sexy scent - skin musks, combined beatuifully with the sweetness of patchouli (which is not at all overwhelming!), and the reamains of the very realistic rose. It actually smells like skin - only fresher, cleaner, sweeter and overall better.
It will remain smelling this way for "the morning after", and will become the most intoxicating skin scent. The perfect sex fragrance!

There is a smiliarity to Coco Mademoiselle edt, although in my opinion this is a thousand times better, since I find the the citrus in Chane's fragrance to smell synthetic and scratchy, and the musks at the end to be too wet and quite overwhelming.

This is a magical edp, fresh enough for summer yet still warm, that should be applied on pulse points/upper body very lightly.

If I would need to sum it up in 3 words, it would be: Sexy; Animallic; fresh-floral

brightsun2205
brightsun2205

Miss Dior smells awesome and long lasting. The notes in this perfume are fresh, bold and balanced.

I've been loving this type of scent for years, even if it's reformulated, to the point that I really want to own Miss Dior. It is also worth it.

blake.lee
blake.lee

This is so sweet! It smells a lot like 2005 Miss Dior Cherie but is lacking the strawberry. I really enjoy the fragrance in the top and middle, but the drydown is a boring musk. It becomes almost soapy and not in a good way. Like getting the dust of powdered laundry detergent in your nose. I really do love the beginning though.

Kon-nos91

Dear all, I have to begin with a sorry for reviewing this perfume again and again. Propably this would be the 3rd and last time. I promise haha.

Can't say a lot. I have Miss Dior Cherie 2011 but I enjoy way more newer edition 2014. To be honest, it became my signature in such a strange way. I used to dislike patchouli, I even disliked in the beginning Miss Dior and I was wondering who will wear such a perfume and will be noticed or impress others?

Well, me! I tried it again and again and again. It kicked off my beloved first signature with it's magic. From where to start and where to begin? It's a freedom & love potion in a bottle. It smells like a pink expensive satin scarf hugs your neck. Juicy sirupy mandarin's peel essence, rose that I dislike in all perfumes but here I just don't care, a hint of pure jasmin and then a real earthy sensual patchouli that wraps up Miss Dior's tones.

I am in love. I walk and I feel free, I feel strong, ready to face everything like I am not myself. I hope by wearing it that I will attract my other half. Lasting power is more than 8 hours and sillage is just ok. Compared to all other editions, Miss Dior EDP is and will be my favorite one for a long, long, looong time...What else? Oh yeah, if I pass all of my exams coming, I'll treat myself with a bottle of 150 ml. Can't wait-wish me luck. xoxo

Fragrance Review For The New Miss Dior

Top Notes Italian Mandarin Orange

Middle Notes Rose Egyptian Jasmine

Base Notes Musk

I have the vintage classic Miss Dior which is the best Dior creation of all time. It was worn by First Lady Eva Peron on the Rainbow Tour and it was at one time the epitome of luxury. It wasn't even a perfume it was a status symbol. This fragrance has nothing in common with the original Miss Dior and it's not even a reformulation. It's a flanker. A modern flanker that took decades to come out. I first wore this to a ballet with my mother who also wore it. I finished it up and thought it was ok, just a citrus rose. But I kept smelling it on other women for 2 years and finally I was tempted to buy it and own it again. I'm enchanted by this rose perfume. It's a beautiful rose. It has excellent sillage and longevity. Everyone is quick to recognize it on me. It's elegant, mature, womanly, and as luxurious as the Dior fashion label. It starts off with that fresh citrus scent of mandarin orange, which is my favorite citrus. Then it turns floral with just two flowers of rose and jasmine but these are divaesque flowers in themselves, very heady very beautiful a bouquet to die for. The base is musk, which is not terribly musky or animalic, just serving as a support to the flowers which could have become too airy. I could smell the incense coming out of the patchouli even before I opened the box, isn't that something? This is an aromatic patch but it's not too strong either. It just beckons me and it gives this fragrance an Oriental touch, but just a touch as this is not an Oriental. It's mostly a floral. Lots to love about this perfume. It is of course a much better choice than Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet which has a ridiculously short life and it even smells cheaper than an Avon or Mary Kay perfume. This has a real kick to it, a spiciness, a real strength and it's a real perfume. Every ingredient and accord was well selected by the nose at Dior and even by Natalie Portman herself who was chosen to be the model and spokesperson for the fragrance when it was first released. This is French perfumery at it's best in our times. The woman who can rock this beauty is going to receive compliments until the day she dies. It's a beautiful perfume which can make anyone feel more beautiful every day. It grows more beautiful every time I wear it and yet never ages. Bravo Dior.

Kon-nos91

Ah Miss Dior. I hate that I love you so. Maybe because you're reformulated, maybe because your name plays in so many editions, maybe because although you're a sister of Coco Mademoiselle, you don't last long on my skin.

I promised that I will never do a review for Miss Dior. I said that the difference from Cherie line was huge, now that I think about it they are similar, but way different in character. I am an owner of Miss Dior Cherie 2011. The older one more playful, like a 'cheap' girly perfume but with Dior's signature, for the snatchy people out there. The new one more mature, more romantic, free spirited similar to Cherie edition but...

Today I tried it on while I was catching my flight back to Uni and I also put a Miss Dior card in my coat. I was smelling it here and there enjoying the jam-y like sweetness but I wasn't feeling that comfortable. It was like I put on my self a satin expensive scarf with a rosie undertone, sometimes I get a sharp citrus tone but sometimes not all, like this time (something that makes me worried that even not every bottle smells the same) and a sensual, bold patchouli.

It gives me the feeling of someone who wants badly his/her freedom and waits for a prince to save the situation. Actually the prince must be a bad body, a Sauvage one maybe but why, and I mean it, why it doesn't last long? Maybe 2-3 hours max on me. And guess what, while heading home the sillage I thought it was me was coming from the card in my coat. I have tried all new Miss Dior editions, I am sticking more with eau de parfum but I can't accept the fact that doesn't last enough. Maybe it's my skin's reaction with Dior perfumes. The only sure thing is that Dior's perfumes like Poison Girl don't make me feel comfortable when I am out. They are amazing to be worn at home. For example Poison Girl when I relax and study and Miss Dior when I am having a dinner with my special one under the lights of candles.

Miss Dior Le Parfum: Lasts forever and it's versatile. Even men could adore it. Strong amber, super soft vanilla and the play between Dior's roses and patchouli

Miss Dior Eau de toillete: Sexy, fresh, citrusy because of neroli and rosie that gives a light sweetness. Reminds a bit of the EDP. Longivity/lasting power sucks.

Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet: Love from first sniff, cold and light orange juicy with refreshing flowery tones and a musky/woody base that gives a class. It lasts minutes and I am not the only one saying this.

Miss Dior Eau de parfum, I've said everything above. If it could last more, if I could feel comfortable with it, if it wouldn't remind that much CM from Chanel, if Monsieur Demachy could exclude musk, let sandalwood and strawberry from the Cherie edition...it would be my favorite of all formal perfumes. Am I wrong people?

socorrosouza
socorrosouza

Miss Dior new version on me smells a lot loke Coco Mademoiselle at least for the first 2 hours of the opening, when the orange and patchouli are on the forefront.Afterwards though the patchouli still is the main note, the flower combo becomes more intensive. Longevity is over 6 hours with one spritz and sillage is moderate.I am very surprised that the new Miss Dior on me does not smell at all like its vintage version and much more as Coco Mademoiselle. Still a very nice scent.

BihterAnneBoleyn
BihterAnneBoleyn

to me Miss dior smells like a light version of LVEB i still don't understand the comparison between miss dior and coco mademosielle I think coco mademoiselle is citrusy while Miss Dior is very sweet

caydesugar

The more and more I wear this perfume, I think it smells like strawberry/mandarin champagne, if there is such a thing! To my nose, the initial spray smells the same as the drydown, hence linear and not overly complicated. I think it's a 'young' scent that is at the same time 'sophisticated', making it an easy to wear fragrance for people of all ages! It's not so linear in the sense it is all fruity - because, this is NOT a 'teeny' fruity/sweet perfume - but it's a more 'grown up' fruity (hence, why I described it as smelling like a strawberry/mandarin champagne).

This is my second review (I think?) but I couldn't resist to write about it more because I keep falling in love with this over and over again. Love the scent!

Oh and also, I have Coco mademoiselle and I do NOT think they smell the same AT ALL. I can smell the similarities but you can tell they're distinctively different. I cannot understand people who say they smell the same, maybe our ability to smell are different perhaps. I think Coco mademoiselle smells more 'sophisticated' than this and smells a little more 'formal' (don't get me wrong, I really like CM as well). I think this perfume is more 'spring-like' and 'fresh' and a little more 'flirty'.

A La Angel

It's hard to talk about this fragrance without referencing Coco Mademoiselle, because it is almost obvious that it is modelled on Coco Mlle. HOWEVER, this is one of those occasions where the student has surpassed the master.

This is far superior to Coco Mlle (and that's hard for me to say, being a diehard CHANEL girl). The patchouli in this is absolutely beautiful. Patchouli can be difficult for me; I typically dislike a dirty patchouli or a heavy patchouli. This patchouli isn't necessarily clean... it's a little dirty, but it's SO refined and luxe. Not heavy, but quite rich. The effect is sort of "undone-chic" in an off-duty supermodel way.

The similarities between this and Coco Mlle diverge dramatically after the first hour or so. Miss Dior smells like Coco Mlle while you can still get the citruses. Afterwards, the patchouli-jasmine-rose is much, much more luxe than Coco Mlle, which remains a bit sporty and 'young' to me, and is quite pale in comparison.

All in all, I will say again, the comparisons between the two fragrances are a compliment to Coco Mademoiselle.

christina.shippey partin
christina.shippey partin

I tested it at Dillards today along w/ 10 others. I kept smelling the top of my hand ALL day where I sprayed it not know which one it was. Finally returned home unpacked my bag with the sample card on it OMG I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to have it!! For me the patchouli and orange does it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JuliaM
JuliaM

I received it as a sample by using my sephora points. Kind of too sweet for me I gave it to a friend.

jaa456
jaa456

I received a sample with a purchase of the 5oz J'adore eau de parfume. I sprayed and instantly liked it. Miss Dior! Where have you been all my life. You and I would have had so much fun together. Painting the town and getting into all kinds of fun. I love how you maintain your dignity as an expensive concoction of rose and jasmine; while fanning innocence with the berry jam sweetness but all the while promising sex with the patchouli dry down. Your stamina is superior! We could have partied all night on a couple of sprays.

Instead, I went steady with John Varratos for her which is a similar cypre that uses honey for sweetness and its patchouli dry down is cleaner. I feel like Miss Dior would have been a better fit then and JC would have better now in my suburban life now.

I will keep the sample, maybe I will use it on a date night.

Suzybee
Suzybee

Sprayed this on my arm at Sephora since I love Blooming Bouquet and J'Adore (EDP, EDT, Voile, and Lumiere) but this is waaay too mature, for me, with the Patchouli and Rose. Crazy sillage and longevity.

This reminds me of an old woman, naughty and persnickety who will hit you with her umbrella if you cross her. I keep trying to envision Natalie Portman but I all I get is a silver haired woman with a resting bitch face. Sorry......

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

Miss Dior (new) - I never sampled the prior Miss Dior formulations and I guess with that I must say I am glad, I will never know if this is less intense or less lovely than prior ones. To my nose this formulation is just pure joy. Miss Dior is sweet, carries herself with confidence, exudes a certain level of sophistication but remains quite approachable. A true Cinderella among others of similar range, romantic and fairy-tale like in so many ways.

The fragrance is long lasting with high projection upon application that settles into a skin scent.

Kireyzma
Kireyzma

I consider myself to be a Christian Dior Girl but for the life of me I am now so confused with the Miss Dior & Miss Dior Cherie.
A few years ago I had either one of the Miss Dior 2012 or the Miss Dior Cherie 2011 and I love it.
It lasts for hours & whenever I have it on I always receive compliments (although not nearly as many as when I were my signature scent Poison)

Now this leads me to Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet which I also really like, it has a softer lighter more sweeter floral base.

I'd say Miss Dior for night & the Dior Cherie BB for day.

gillbert
gillbert

mandarin note in the opening bit heavy compare to EDT. fresh and citrusy. in the heart note i can smell a lot of jasmines and roses. in dry down, i can smell patchouli and musk.

very captivative, inviting and beautiful fresh-flowery, warm-musk powdery and earthy clean patchouli. really warm, elegance, sophisticated, and mature scent. longevity is amazing. sillage also amazing. perfectly wear for any occasions.

just to share my experience, when one day i made a talk with my friend in her office and after 10 minutes i went out. my friend told me that she can smell my perfume all around her office. the she ask me what perfume did i wear. i say Miss Dior EDP. wow, smell so amazing and rich.

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

This is altogether a light, sweet, and warm scent, definitely note the mandarin and the patch. As many have observed, it does seem more "spring-like." To my nose, it is a tad synthetic (regardless of whether it really is or not--just has an artificial construct). It does seem more "feminine" and I would dub it less "romantic" and more "office friendly." This is an inoffensive scent; it is not likely to stand out or change the market in a particular direction as it is following the trend right now of top citrus, lower musk and patch notes with the requisite Jasmine and Rose. I like it occasionally (e.g. today) when I do not really want to wear a head-turner or am undecided and just want a pleasing, cheerful scent. It is versatile that way. The silage and longevity on me are merely moderate (my skin drinks it up, and I've spritzed a good amount). This is a safe buy as a gift as well though not for a die-hard perfumista.

Michaezra
Michaezra

The most beautiful womens scent that I've ever smelled. Sexy, alluring, seductive scent. At first it smells weird but the dry down is AMAZING. Although it's missing some stuff from the original Miss Dior Cherie, such as the gourmand elements, but it still has the same essence. 10/10

Madrona
Madrona

I have a mini of the coveted pre-reformulation Miss Dior Chérie and it is an effervescent wild strawberry cider with caramellized popcorn to my nose. This lacks that strong wild strawberry note, instead amping up the patchouli. Both are lovely, but this one is a bit more grown up and not as carefree. I like it but I am not in love with it.

Sinotah
Sinotah

This week I received a bottle of this, blind. Since I do seem to have a good skin connection to the house of Dior, I was looking forward to testing it finally.

Although it is not something that would be my first pick, I like Miss Dior very much and she loves my skin. A perfect pick-me-up spring time scent. The florals are full of morning dew, and the patchouli gives a moist earth note that makes it not too flirty. Gentle, happy and very fresh.
I understand very well why this is very liked and worn by some as their signature. Maybe she won't be my signature, I will wear her this spring without a doubt.

jenny_sokols
jenny_sokols

Beautiful romantic scent, suitable for springtime.

Rissatish
Rissatish

I didn't like this at first spritz, but the drydown is gorgeous. It's a perfect balance of florals, fruits, patchouli. It's definitely a "pretty" scent that moves towards "sexy" but never reaches it. She is demure, good mannered, and very charming. Like daddy's little girl all grown up and falling in love.

jellybeantree

Update : This perfume is perfect in so many ways !!
1) Long lasting +8hrs
2) Silage is present and attractive without overpowering
3) Versatile , it goes with any look or occasion
4) Excellent quality , Dior of course
5) Compliment getter
6) Makes an excellent signature

I have to admit I was in love with Coco Mad but now I love this more .
Please Dior don't change this version ever !!! It's perfect now .

jellybeantree

I just retested this after about 2 years and it smells different again! Now it reminded me a bit of the 2005 version of Miss Dior Cherie that I loved ! Ohhh my this is wonderful . There is just something so positive about this fragrance !! Well I know what I will be wearing for spring ......love !

horse_friesian
horse_friesian

I love this Perfume! I smelled it in a magazine and then I went to Dillards to see if it really smelled that amazing! And it did, in fact it smelled so amazing on my skin I had to have it, right then and there and couldn't wait for Valentine's day. Spraying this on a test paper does not do it any justice. Unfortunately, I am allergic to it but the terrible part is I don't even care. I can't spray it on my chest without having an allergic reaction but I can spray it on my wrists and inner elbows. I also spray it in the air and walk through it but I am hesitant to get it in my hair. I decanted a vial and accidently spilled a couple drops on my wood vanity and it, I wanna say "melted" the wood. So I don't think you should spray this on hair or clothes. This is so Amazing. It smelled beautiful, young, sophisticated, elegant, and big time Expensive. I don't get to wear it often but when I do have an occasion for it, I look forward to putting it on like I would a new pair of heels or a new dress. This is a One spray and your done perfume.

tabitha106
tabitha106

I was given a sample of Miss Dior recently and thought it would be a nice replacement for my go-to Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle since they share similar notes. Dior's Miss Dior is light and fresh on my skin with the richness of rose coming through in the first spray. However, it does fade down quickly to a much softer floral with just a touch of musk. Honestly, I expected it to be a little longer-lasting and hold the middle notes of rose and jasmine with more richness. Overall, Miss Dior is a light very feminine floral fragrance that is pleasant and perfect for warm days of spring and summer. It will stay in my collection and hope to enjoy it this summer.

golden.signorina
golden.signorina

So beautiful.I love it alot

Vaativire
Vaativire

I have never really been into perfume. I had a perfume, Juste un Baiser Fraganard, that stopped being sold, then I went shopping and found this.
I walked away and kept coming back. I ended up buying the deluxe box of the stuff.
My scent pallet is very crude: I can only say it is a full smell that isn't piercing. It reminds me of what I imagine a young woman's perfume in the 20's or 40's would be.

An anecdotal story:
I just started wearing this scent this week, and a handsome coworker of mine has been seemingly seeking every instance he could to talk to me. He hardly spoke to me before. And when he did he was cordial but clearly uninterested. Now he joins me when I go to lunch and shoots the breeze whenever he can. I find the correlation of me wearing this scent and his new behavior fascinating. But you know what they say, correlation doesn't imply causation.

Could could be coincidental with Valentine's Day coming up.

ElleNell
ElleNell

This is my signature scent. It's very classy and rich. For the stylish, classy girl who has an edge.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

The good news with Miss Dior, is that, as a patchouli hater, I can tolerate the patchouli in this.

The bad news is that in general the scent is pretty flat and uninteresting on my skin. This begins with an orange burst, before I get mainly patchouli swimming in amber, that's nicely done, as it's never too overwhelming (yet is also a bit strange, as amber isn't listed in the notes.) I double checked and I am definitely testing Miss Dior Eau de Parfum, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. Maybe there's a combination of notes that smell like amber on my skin. Anyway, it then settles into a sweet floral base.

Whilst it's a lovely, warm and inviting smell, it's definitely one that I'd prefer on others. I don't particularly like it on me. It does remind me vaguely of Coco Mlle (citrus, patchouli) and Gucci Flora (mandarin, patchouli) but it isn't a dupe for either of these, though.

Sillage was soft to moderate, and longevity was for about 6-7 hours.

feelyah
feelyah

It 'a feminine fragrance and elegant, smells clean. I think it's to wear in autumn or winter, even if it is suitable for any time of year.

sirena11ophelia
sirena11ophelia

Miss Dior is a perfume I know I will always love. I used to think that it smelled identical to Coco Mademoiselle EDT. Now that I have owned both, they couldn't feel more different. Miss Dior is more floral, centering around my favorite flower: jasmine. Coco Mad (in both EDT and EDP) is all about an orangey, patchouli-spiced rose. They are both lovely, and although Coco Mad has more depth and layers, Miss Dior is more wearable to me. It is softer, lighter, less sophisticated, warmer, and more casual. The patchouli lends an earthy quality to the jasmine and the mandarin adds brightness and zest. The longevity and silage are wonderful and I don't have a single complaint with it's composition.

Nataliemarie
Nataliemarie

I love this!! It is EXACTLY what everyone is saying, I said it in a video before I even read this page. A lighter Coco Mademoiselle! Similar to chance as well. Not sure WHAT *im2sexy4uris* is smelling (posted below), but yes, everyone is right, It IS this one, not the Le Parfum or whatever they said that smells of CM. Maybe their nose isn't quite right, (he said everyone was confused, lol). Ive never even heard of the version they spoke of that DOES smell like CM, but this one def does. Lighter, not as long lasting, but perfect for someone that is looking for just that.

mutatismutandis
mutatismutandis

A gorgeous fragrance. Very feminine and seductive. As it is my significant other who wears it rather than me I can't vouch for its silage and longevity on your skin but it does seem to have some staying power from the point of someone near the wearer. The patchouli blends beautifully with the jasmine and the rose. I can only say that as a man I find this perfume deeply seductive, very sexy and very elegant. It's most unusual in that the marketing angle actually matches the reality. I think it is a classic. It shares a sister with Coco Mademoiselle (Chanel) as quite a few people have noted. I love the bottle too, I think it's a lovely design. There are a lot of flankers (hear those cash registers ring!) but none of them are a patch on this.

nordhaul
nordhaul

This one leaves me empty.
Not interesting whatsoever.
Has this tea note, a cool (&
not as in bad-azs but cool
as in not a warm scent) &
aloofness about it. Not an
inviting or warm scent yet
not bad-azs either. Very
Calvin Klein, immature &
unsophisticated. Nothing I
want in a perfume. Peace

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Enchanting, feminine, classy, elegant, sexy, sweet, girly but mature at the same time. Miss Dior is the girl next door, the girl in the neighborhood where you grew up, the nameless forgettable girl in high school you never thought could look and smell this amazing. She's had a make over and has come a long way to capture the attention of one and all. It's Cinderella who has been transformed not by her fairy god mother but by perfume from a chimney cleaning ragged scullery maid into a beautiful princess in a spectacular gown, tiara and glass slippers. This is such a beautiful perfume. It can give any fragrance sold right now a run for their money. Yeah it's simple with scents that you've smelled before in other fragrances which are presumably more complex: citrus, rose, jasmine, patchouli, musk. But there is more to this fragrance than meets the nose. The aldehydes are not disturbing you and the mandarin orange gives this perfume that freshness I like when I spritz on some perfume. This fragrance lasts a very long time and you can wear it all day or all night long. It's sure to get you noticed. Men and women would probably not recognize it since it's already becoming a bit of a vintage in itself! The rose and jasmine pairing is exquisite, romantic, feminine and always feels like real perfume, very grown up. The patchouli is also working it's incense style magic giving this fragrance depth and substance. But it's also giving it some spiciness. It's not a bad patchouli. This is the kind of patchouli I like. The musk is not as big as the patchouli but it's also there as the fragrance becomes warm and comfortable on your skin. This is a fragrance I love to wear when I go out on dates. This is such an enchanting fragrance. I also love the color of the box the packaging the bottle. Of course this is an entirely different animal than the lighter fluff that is Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet even though I also love Bouquet. This is more of a fragrance that means business and is Bouquet's older wiser more experienced and even more attractive sister. I love love love Miss Dior. My boyfriend said to me: "Please never stop wearing this perfume even if you live to be 100". I promised him I wouldn't stop wearing this and I will keep my promise. I have made it into my new signature scent. It's that good.

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

This is the Dior version of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, with a touch of Chloé l' Eau de Parfum. Even their respectives muses (Nathalie Portman and Keira Knightley) look like. As for the rest, nothing special. Not bad, but not a breathtaking masterpiece. A modern floral fancy girly perfume, so called neo-chypre. Nice, but very generic. Nothing to do with the original Miss Dior. That was a gorgeous, but spare grey houndstooth tailleur for a serious, but sweeping woman; this is a pink chiffon dress with lots of ribbons and fabric flowers, for a big girl who wants to disguise herself as a princess.

What I do not understand (and I guess I am not the only one) is the stupid and misleading thing that the Dior people have done with names. Did they want this thing to pose as the genuine Miss Dior? Neither having the same names could be them confused. Very disrespectful with Monsieur Dior's heritage and the glorious history of his Maison. The people in the creative departament and in the markting section should resign.

Truly, I don't like what the Maison Dior is becoming.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I don't like this, I think it's hideous. It's nothing close in QUALITY to the original Miss Dior. It smells very cheap.

Cottonmouth
Cottonmouth

I'm a gourmand-lover and generally not a huge fan of floral/fruity scents but something about this perfume makes me want to eye-heart emoji.

theangryraisins
theangryraisins

This is a beautiful and optimistic fragrance. It literally makes me want to skip through a field of flowers. I love it, and yet it's so different from what I normally wear. I usually wear sweet and heavy fragrances. This one is light and floral. It does remind me of Coco Mademoisielle and I would consider it a good dupe for those who wish to save a few dollars. This fragrance is also a bit younger than Mademoiselle. I'm so glad I chose to buy Miss Dior. Definitely one of my fanciest fragrances and definitely a staple!

TillyWave
TillyWave

I really, really hated MD Blooming Bouquet, and I left a scathing review that shockingly hasn't disappeared. I rather sheepishly admit that I find the new Miss Dior to be beautiful. Dior, I take back what I said (though I still think the BB is not worth her salt.)

The (new) Miss Dior pretty straightforward: A light, fruity orange blossom floating over a smooth but slightly musky jasmine, grounded in a sweet-woody patchouli. That is all, but...imagine the lightest orange blossom, well blended with a strong floral but not indolic jasmine, supported by a perfect patchouli and woods. MD behaves wonderfully on my skin, I think thats's why I like it so much, nice silage, lasts a good 6+ hours, and it makes me feel feminine and beautiful. Everything is well blended, balanced, and smells gorgeous.

I like wearing this. I realize that I can't wear most of my vintages in public, but this is a go, and I actually think it's not too much or too little of anything. It's not faint praise, it's a solid modern perfume. That's it for this review.

Gigi The Fashionista

I have this one all the way in the back of my other fragrances. I forgot how lovely this is. It's totally an evening fragrance. It has the classic rose and jasmine combo which is also present in such luxurious evening fragrances like Jivago 24 K. It wears like a wedding gown fragrance as well. This is so romantic. It's very feminine, and neither too soft nor too strong. However if you spray lavishly it becomes very strong because it has very noticeable patchouli and musky accords. I love it and found it very classy and almost Oriental. It's a rare floral-patchouli which starts off with an orange blososmy orange note. It's very simple but smells more elaborate. My mother has this one as well and loves it. We once wore this at the same time at the same event, a ballet. But who cares. We smelled great!

morningviewangel99
morningviewangel99

I had never researched this fragrance before; I just asked for a sample from Sephora on a whim so I didn't know what to expect. The opening of Miss Dior is warm, spicy, and peppery. It smells strong at first, but not overpowering or unpleasant. I would say it smells rich and "perfumey." After a few minutes it dries down and transforms into a powdery green fragrance with a nutty note. There is nothing sweet about this fragrance at all to my nose and it is different than most all the fragrances I wear. The only thing I can compare it to that I own is the dry down smells similar to Avon Secrets To Keep Kiss, with it's powdery, green, nutty notes. While I don't mind this fragrance and may wear the sample occasionally, I'm not in love with it and wouldn't purchase the full size. I have to give it credit for its complexity though.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I bought a bottle of Miss Dior a few years back but I wasn't in love with it. It was powerful when I first put it on but less than two hours later I couldn't detect it. It also seemed unbalanced with too much of one ingredient and not enough of others. Well fast forward to now, I'M SPEECHLESS AT HOW GORGEOUS THIS IS...Absolutely amazing scent with incredible smoothness that lasts. Usually I wouldn't go crazy over a reformulation of any perfume but this time it just did the trick. The formula is now perfect...Bravo Dior!

SilvanaMo
SilvanaMo

Pra mim o novo miss dior e o miss dior cherie, apesar de não terem a mesma composição, são idênticos.
Eu amo os dois, ao usá-los sinto a mesma sensação de alegria e satisfação.

jan17
jan17

Love much everything related to Miss Dior, it is the perfume I use when I'm in love, yes, it smells like falling in love, to love, to butterflies in my stomach, my relationship with him is very strong, a pity he change the notes so much. Francois Demachy please settle down this beam, because if you move again this perfume, we have to talk seriously! Lets Miss quiet, you have're all different and we like it already, do not need to prove anything RSSS ... #LoveyouMissDior not admit comparisons with coco mademoiselle they are at most two popular girls only is a princess, and the other detached one thin, both with their charm!

JKCMUTCH
JKCMUTCH

I bought this for my girlfriend as a gift. Every time she wears it, I become weak in the knees. Enough said.

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

For someone who adores patchouli it's no wonder that I like this a lot. I wouldn't call it love but it's beautiful and elegant and I would be happy to have it at some point for everyday wear. It has a strong feel good vibe.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

This is patchouli done right.I love this one..
I like this new version of Miss Dior but it is very similar to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. I LOVE this new formulation! It's sweet at first, but in a more grown up way than the original., lovely
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..(بسیار معروف)..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

miletas89
miletas89

The first time I smelled this perfume, I was 16 years old and working after school as a receptionist at a real estate broker's office. With my first paycheck, I treated myself to the Dior beauty counter at Nordstrom. I even remember the elegant sales associate, what she looked like, and the products she showed me. She sat me on the chair at the counter and we started exploring Dior's glorious makeup. As she neared my face to apply mascara, I could smell her gorgeous scent. It seemed to me the height of sophistication. I asked her what she was wearing. "Miss Dior, of course!" At the time, I wore Burberry Women, and this Dior scent was so far from what I liked and was accustomed to, but it completely hypnotized me. The freshness of it was so very different from my heavier oriental Burberry. The Burberry was warm and inviting, but I liked the sparkling top notes in Miss Dior - they seemed to embody sophistication, elegance, and modernity. I also liked the patchouli and musk base, as they reminded me more of the orientals I was used to. Gorgeous perfume. Just gorgeous.

Miss Dior for me is very similar to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, but the Dior is a bit more floral and with a very prominent jasmine note which I love. Coco Mademoiselle is a bit heavier and oriental. Both are absolutely beautiful.

Carrieberry
Carrieberry

This is patchouli done right. Beautiful, feminine, elegant and chic. I get quiet a lot of Jasmine (which I love!) on my skin.
It smells somewhat similar to Oriens by Van Cleef & Arpels and Coco Mademoiselle. But everything I disliked in Oriens and whatever Coco M. lacked does not exist in Miss Dior. This is sweet but not too sweet. My husband who didn't love Coco M. actually really loved Miss Dior. Thumbs up! :)

PerfuMEOW

Before this website, I wasn't super fond of patchouli but now I'm starting to like very soft patchouli scents and this is one of them. I received this in a swap and it is one word: CLASSIC.

Nice burst of citrus with soft patchouli and the dry down is beautiful.

LOVE IT!

brittneyhoney
brittneyhoney

Let me start off by saying that I have been eyeballing this perfume for a minute now, but I was always hesitant to try because of the fear that it would smell like an old lady, but me being easily convinced like usual by popular Youtubers like Jaclyn Hill, I made my decision to try it. Surprisingly, I received a sample in the mail (paper sample) and gave it a rub on my wrist and LET ME JUST SAY: This is heaven. Literally the perfect sexy and mature scent that I've been looking for. Not too sweet, Not too balsamic & the dry down is completely amazing!!!! I've read good reviews, and I've read bad reviews. I honestly think when it comes to perfumes everything depends on your body chemistry. This was very well suitable for mine and exceeded my expectations and I will be purchasing a full sized bottle.

marina md
marina md

This is very sharp and BOOZE like. Like somebody spilt a very sweet wine all over you on the night out. I guess mandarin would do that. It's a NO for me.
I really like body lotion, though. Mandarin is missing and what is left is crispy sweet patchouli.

Pinkfan
Pinkfan

I find this to be a very beautiful perfume. It is sweet but not overwhelmingly so. I can smell the patchouli and I simply love the first burst of citrus.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

This is another part of the series "Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel Chance, Miss Dior Cherie & Friends". The best part IMO. If I smelled it on someone in the street, I probably wouldn't guess which "sequel" it is. But out of the four, this one smells most beautiful on me. It's expressive but not as loud as Coco Mad, fresh but not as sharp as Chance and as intriguing as Miss Dior Cherrie but without this screechy, chemical note of a strawberry on which too much pesticide was applied.
This is the first of this sweet-patchouli category that I might own and gladly use it from time to time:) Long-lasting, silage ok, turns into a smooth and sweet scent after a few hours - and that's what I like about it most!

GourmandGirl
GourmandGirl

As soon as I tested this in the shop, I knew it was going straight into my top five favourite scents, and I had to purchase it there and then based on the top notes I was smelling. It really was love at first smell, and that doesn't happen very often with me, I usually wait until the drydown to make up my mind whether I truly love a scent, but this is in a league of its own!

It is the most beautiful scent I have smelled in a long time, I love patchouli and jasmine so this perfume is heaven to my nose, and the orange goes so beautifully with it, a perfect combination. It lasts and lasts on me, and the sillage is just right, it's not overpowering but I get gorgeous wafts of it throughout the day.

I do feel that this can be worn day or night as it is such a pleasant inoffensive scent, it's just beautiful!

Skatulli
Skatulli

I was looking for a new perfume for the end of summer, beginning of fall. I tried Coco Mademoiselle and LOVED IT! Bought it right away and silage/longevity was 0, not to mention it dried down to a powdery scent that I hate! So disappointed, it went back! Tried to find sth similar and I ended up buying La Vie Est Belle, by Lancome. That did the trick, very similar to Coco but....not quite the same....until I stumbled upon Miss Dior the new version. THAT is what was missing from Coco...silage/longevity 8 at least and the top notes that I loved initially in Coco, stay on my skin the whole time. Dry down, also elegant and well rounded through out....
FYI I am 38 and Miss Dior (1947) was one of my deceased mom's fave perfumes....so it feels so nostalgic and nice to wear this perfume, despite the fact it's not the same one. Miss Dior Cherie was too sweet and too juvenile for my taste....never liked it. Happy to have found this new Miss Dior! Elegant and timeless!

Mrs.Chance
Mrs.Chance

I miss Miss Dior Cherie 2005 version. This one smells so patchouli and very citrus..Miss Dior Cherie was sweeter. I miss caramel,strawberry,popcorn,cherry notes!! I wish someday Dior will bring Miss Dior Cherie back. :(

ivycrane
ivycrane

I miss Miss Dior Cherie, the previous version with notes of strawberries which was sparkly and unique. This new eau de parfum is all about mandarins and patchouli. Smelling like overripe mandarins it's not "so Dior".

PerfuMEOW

Just tried a sample and it's lovely. Very soft patchouli. Definitely something I would wear.

sugarlemon
sugarlemon

I used to wonder...why the heck do people love this scent so much? I just didn't have the nose for it. But now I can smell that delicate dance between the patchouli and citrus..and boy is it a revelation! At once scrumptious, piquant, and sweet, it's a treasure to dress up your evening look or add a feminine touch to any occasion.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

If you love the original Miss Dior Cherie, then you will absolutely love this new version, because this is the closest to the original that I've ever smelled, but it's more grown up and to my opinion dare I say much much better!

To people who are comparing it to Chanel's Coco M, I have to say that you must be confusing this with Le Parfum version, that one does smell like Coco M and I couldn't not stand it, it was nauseating me just like Coco M does.

All though the notes here don't mention strawberry, I can clearly smell it, I think it has become somewhat of a hidden signature note of the line and this version clearly has it.

So, if you have been crying over your original MDC and cannot find it anywhere without trading away an arm and a leg, this is your new go to fragrance, trust me you will love it because it's even better.

Spraying this side by side with the original the difference is slight, but it's there. The original has a more sweet fruity quality to it, and the beginning of both is quite similar. Then they both take a slightly different direction, the original turns more and more sweet with that caramel popcorn note, this version turns sweet but much more grown up sweet with a touch of soap and flowers, while somewhat keeping the strawberry note ( which never turns artificial ), just beautiful. So this one is a keeper for me!

shalimaraddict
shalimaraddict

Here's the thing: I remember Miss Dior Cherie. It had cotton candy, caramel popcorn, and strawberry I think. It was very sweet. I think that the new version of Miss Dior smells better. MDC was very synthetic, whereas this smells more authentic. Honestly, I think this is one of the best contemporary scents for women. It's sexy, a bit floral, a bit spicy, and earthy with the patchouli in it.

zukigirl
zukigirl

~ I would LoVe a full bottle of this beauty...if anyone has one available for a swap, please let me know :)

anamalia
anamalia

I have just had a major revelation with my Miss Dior, and all other fragrances. I have owned Miss Dior for the past year and have despised it so much, mostly because when I wore it, it was pungent, and strong, and gave me a headache.

But most recently, I realised that I have been applying fragrance wrong! I had been spraying the perfume from maybe 1cm away from my skin, i guess because I didnt want to waste a drop.

After reading that perfume is meant to be sprayed further away, I have found that Miss Dior is sweeter, creamier and a lot more enjoyable!

NurseElle
NurseElle

This woman is an attention seeker!
Heady patchouli and mandarin glare out of this one. Spicy and fun!

Pebbles7532
Pebbles7532

Nice, sophisticated fragrance. Reminds me of a woman in a pencil skirt, white button up blouse, and black frame glasses leaning over a sink. She unbuttons the top two, shiny-glass buttons of her shirt, revealing a black lace bustier. Letting down her hair, she takes off her glasses and walks into the night.

This scent begins with a burst of citrus, (Italian mandarin), which seems light and sweet. Not so fast - patchouli comes in strong - but mixed with citrus and jasmine, it's a perfect, creamy fit. But then you can smell the musk, which gives Miss Dior a good balance. Dries down to a reliable, yet intriguing musk with hints of jasmine.

Silage is moderate. This scent stays 6 hours or more, making it a winner in my book. Versatile fragrance, can be worn during the daytime or on an evening date. Sexy and classy.

BeautyNotes
BeautyNotes

I have a full bottle of this up for a swap. I can't take the sticky sweetness of it personally, but would be glad to pass it on to someone who would enjoy it. Message me if you are interested.

Adina Galani
Adina Galani

Too similar to COCO Mademoiselle, really too similar. The first is too common, the Miss Dior new too much like the Mademoiselle Chance serie.. Uninspired, if U ask me, I wish it was more like a Dior rather than a Chanel. No, really not. I stay with the original, which, even reformulated, mentaines that sparkling note and elegance.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

The new MD has a wine-fresh-mature feeling that turns around heads for sure. An amazing spring scent, and yet office friendly. Romantique patchouli, clean jasmine and something fruity in the background. The drydown leaves sweet, musky and amber undertones (although amber is not included in the note list). It is long lasting with moderate sillage, a real love <3

alicerose89
alicerose89

I love jasmine and rose, so thoroughly appreciate these notes in this. The patchouli makes it spicy and interesting, and the citrus adds a sweet, fresh element to it.

It's similar enough to Coco Mademoiselle that I had a hard time choosing between the two (I love floral chypres) but this wound up winning out for me, personally - probably because it's a little less citrusy, and lacks the vanilla that could throw it onto the slightly-too-sweet side of things.

Lasts a long time on me, and I love the fresh, light, rosy dry-down.

SimplyAbbey
SimplyAbbey

I haven't been to Paris but this is what I expect Paris to smell like in the day time. Coco Mademoiselle is my signature and will always be but at a resent trip to Sephora I tested this and couldn't stop smelling my wrist.

I have a love/hate relationship with this fragrance for ....well reasons:

-it doesn't last on me for more than 4 hours. CM last all day on me which is great.
-its pricey $92 for a 1.7....anytime I'm running out of CM I don't even second guess it, I walk into Sephora grab a bottle and make the line but with Miss Dior is like I really like this as a spring scent but the price tag isn't all that cute right now.
-I love the dry down its really nice and lovely for spring
-I totally can sorta see why people say Miss Dior is the cousin or sister of CM which is why I can see it as my day fragrance
-but that price tag tho....yeah I know its Dior
-I don't really know what it is with Dior I always love their perfumes (ex Addict, Poison, Miss Dior, J'adore) but I can't ever bring myself to buy them....
-also I have noticed that they change the formula a lot for Miss Dior so what if they change it and I dont like it and I ended up investing in it for nothing....

Ugh.. I know I'm making this so much harder on myself.
It's really a lovely scent. I gravitate towards perfumes with Jasmine.

I have a bunch of samples of the perfume so I guess I'll used those until I finally just give in and pay up.

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

This perfume opens up quite strong, with a blast patchouli and mandarin. The sweet mandarin is a little overshadowed by the patchouli. After about 30 minutes the mandarin takes stage and the patchouli gets pushed in the background, until it pops back up about 4 hours later. From there on out MD remains the same, a mixture of sweet, syrupy mandarin and patchouli. When sprayed on clothing this perfume gets a warm, spicy/sharp vibe. MD sprayed onto clothing will last you for several days. I do think that Miss Dior would get too cloyingly sweet on a hot summer day. The sweetness comes off as a little artificial at times.

It behaves way different on skin though. It's lighter and brighter, with a certain freshness to it. Almost slightly aquatic. Because of that I prefer to just wear it on my skin instead of spraying it on my clothes. It's really refreshing. I do find it a little too sweet though, as I was expecting a slightly zesty citrus.

Longevity is good, especially depending on where you're spraying. I sprayed some on my wrists and my inner elbows. It disappeared within 5 hours on my wrists, possibly because the skin there is more dry. As for my inner elbows, I can still smell MD extremely well after 16 hours. It's still projecting a little too. The scent hasn't changed at all either, which quite impresses me. Sillage wise it is a bit softer than what I usually wear, but for this one it actually works. This perfume is so sweet that it would possibly suffocate everyone if it had crazy sillage and someone happened to be wearing it in a hot office or train.

Overall I like this perfume. It's definitely not an all-season scent, it's too syrupy sweet for that. It's longevity has impressed me and its sillage is just right. The scent itself has different identities depending on where it is being sprayed, so the wearer can decide to change it up a bit. It's a little too sweet for me as I was hoping for a little more sharpness and 'coldness' in the scent.

This version of Miss Dior would work well on clothing in the cold winter, as it gives off some warmth. On windy spring/autumn days it would perfectly match the atmosphere too, as it would have a fitting freshness when one puts it on their skin. This would have been a love for me if it was a little less sweet.

AriaW
AriaW

I would love it if there weren't soooo much patchouli in it, I like the rose and orange in it though.

jt, too
jt, too

I wore Miss Dior (the original) in the 1980s, and it was truly lovely--a very delicate and feminine floral. Eons later, I tried Miss Dior Cherie and found it to be completely different from the original and not at all to my liking. Then, I found Miss Dior Le Parfum. Now, Le Parfum is very nice. It is gorgeous and definitely worth owning, so I ordered a 100 ml bottle on-line. Unfortunately, instead of Le Parfum, what arrived was Miss Dior (new), and I am rather disappointed in this one.

On my skin Miss Dior (new) patchouli and sweet orange dominate from first spray through the deep dry down, and both of these notes are very strong in this composition. I detect neither rose, jasmine, nor musk in this at all. As others have said before me, Miss Dior (new) reminds me a lot of Chanel Mademoiselle and Chanel Coco Noir, two other fragrances that are not to my taste.

Why do I not like this as much the original Miss Dior? It is not because it not a very good quality parfum or that it is not well blended. I suppose I do not like it because the patchouli and the very sweet orange are far too strong and because it is not a complex fragrance that evolves on my skin to a great extent. It starts out extremely bright and sparkly, and it stays that way. On my skin, it is pretty linear which in and of itself is not a bad thing, but linear patchouli and orange are not my cup of tea. Linear amber and sandalwood would, for example, be more to my taste.

Four sprays on me last a solid six to eight hours before it turns into a skin scent. Projection and sillage are outstanding for the four to six hours. I find it clings to clothing literally for days and days. This is a superior fragrance for patchouli & citrus lovers. The patchouli in this is quite clean, too. This incarnation of Miss Dior smells young and expensive.

Fragrance: 8/10
Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 8/10
Longevity: 8.510

Edit 08 November 15:

I wore Miss Dior today for the first time again in at least five months, and it wore much better on me today than it ever has before. I can only attribute this fact to the change in temperature. Today was cool and dry with a high of only 65. I thought this parfum would perform better in warm weather, but apparently I was wrong. Apparently it is nicer in cooler weather at least on my skin. I like it well enough on this cool day, but it is still not a love.

This is an evening fragrance in my opinion. It could be worn during the day if applied with a light hand, but I would not recommend wearing it to work. Save it for dates, weddings, etc.

Wanesa
Wanesa

Waw the Italian mandarin is amazing in this. And the patchouli blows my mind away. This scent makes me feel like a million bucks. It's classy and I love wearing this on dates. It's a perfect signature scent to have . So many compliments come my way.

YunitaArien
YunitaArien

I love Flowerbomb by Victor and Rolf.. I like patchouli, but in this.. The pachouli is so much different. Both are my favorites!

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

If it has similarity with fendi extreme, I'd better buy fendi, cause it's cheaper and doesn't have patchouli in it.

jellybeantree

This has grown on me , it's very pretty and elegant smelling . It is less popular than coco mad . At least in the country I live in . It is perfect for spring . Prices of fragrances are getting ridiculously expensive ! It's long lasting which is good for the price .

winikrose
winikrose

I have no one to blame but myself. I over-wore this lovely perfume and am now thoroughly sick of it. Fruity floral loveliness it smells a bit like a strawberry jolly rancher to me. It is well made and does not have the noxious chemical smell of the worst of the celeb frags. Playful. Flirtatious!

Dimitra79
Dimitra79

I find Miss Dior Cherie sweeter, more interesting and distinctive, but this one is lovely too!
More mature and elegant maybe.
Yes, you can smell this everywhere, but it's my Miss Dior, and I forgive her.
I just miss the strawberries...!

becuille
becuille

A very lovely and incredibly versatile fragrance. You can wear this year round and it's easily suitable for both day and night wear. So with that in mind, it's great value for money and one I'd recommend as a staple in any woman's collection.

It's not one that's breaking any big perfume boundaries, and it is one you're going to be wearing alongside many others, but if the perfume is good enough, should any of that really matter?

The manadarin in the opening is very refreshing. It's a bright, happy burst of citrus that sticks around for quite a while. Then the jasmine says hello and it says it with aplomb. On me, this is a jasmine fragrance more than anything else and although I sometimes find jasmine tricky to wear on my skin, here, I love it.

The rose/patch combo doesn't kick in until the very end and it makes for a very pretty dry down. It's very softly done. Rose is another note I find tricky and through trial and error I've discovered it works best on me when combined with patchouli. My absolute favourite rose/patch combo is Calypso by Robert Piguet and the treatment here reminds me a little of that, although the rose is more subtle and less powdery here.

Yes, it's yet another fruity floral, but it's one that really works so don't overlook it just because it sounds familiar.

I get moderate sillage and excellent longevity from this. 2 sprays will last all day (I'd probably go 3-4 sprays if wearing it as a night time scent).

This was actually a gift and I was wary because I'm so picky about perfume (like the rest of you, I'm sure!) but it was actually a very "safe" frag to buy as a gift.

patricia.favron
patricia.favron

I feel that this is a well-made beautiful scent that I personally just don't enjoy. Maybe it's the jasmine that's too green for me, maybe it's the patchouli. I probably would have preferred the old one, caramel/popcorn + this sounds cool.

jessora
jessora

I appreciate that others love and adore this and consider it a signature fragrance for them but for me, I think I like more of the overtly sunny citrus or intense earthy or peppery.

To me, the OLD Miss Dior was something I bypassed to go for the headier and more springy Diorissimo when I bought my first bottle of that in 1988 with the earnings from my first full time job (at the mall, of course!). I was absolutely CRUSHED to see these newer versions with the same name because I was definitely prejudiced against new anything (at the time "New Coke" came out, and that point forward, you just new the "new" versions were going to be a disaster.)

I don't like Chanel Chance, I don't like Thierry Mugler Angel, and its progeny and I felt that the Miss Dior was basically just a dumbed down everything from its label to its vibe.

I'm not so sure now, because I do believe there is some honest to goodness little good thing going on in this little bottle. If you ignore all the "oh there are so many others like this" and "oh this label used to be so fine and classy, now it's just like all the others completing for the same market of idiots with money to splurge on the mall" and go by what's in the bottle, you might actually appreciate this fragrance for what it's WORTH.

You get some very delicate flowers, definitely a soft rose or jasmine, also, you get a hushed woodsy feel which I thought was camphor or could honestly be patchouli, it's one that can morph into woodsy though I think patchouli's technically herbal. There is definitely a very fine tones of musk. I would say it's sensual and delicate and doesn't bang you over your head trying to be hip or cool or youthful, but instead, just aims at staying refined and balanced and cheerful. I sprayed on an EDT or EDP at Sephora and it lasted easily 4-6 hours.

I think I would be a fan of this on someone else working with me or around me but for me, I probably would wear something a little more inspired such as Miracle, Allure, Lacoste, Midnight Poison or Acqua di Parma Assoluta.

derkargy
derkargy

Seems to be a lighter,sweeter version of Coco Mademoiselle.

Antares811
Antares811

Just tried today and I liked it very much.
I must say I have MD Le Parfum, beautiful and powerful but too heavy on amber for my tastes.
I adore Coco Mademoiselle EDP (same olfactory family) but I don't find these two scents similar.
Miss Dior EDP is gorgeous, a sweet and delicate floral, on a warm and feminine base.
The lasting power is not excellent but it's good.
Recommended.

duftduft
duftduft

Back to my roots again. I went in the wrong direction with my perfume taste by buying very sweet fragrances.
Today is the day where I know: Sweet yes, but I need something that balances the sweetness out.
Gorgeous Miss Dior is sweet, warm, earthy, fresh and so sensual. A perfect Patchouli with my favourite flowers Jasmine and Rose and a mouthwatering Mandarin. The strawberry note is not listed here but I definitely smell it!
A perfume that makes me feel happy and classy.

risarii

So many Coco Mademoiselle comparisons.
Well, no offense, but Coco Mademoiselle WISHES she was as lovely as Miss Dior.

I personally notice no similarities, honestly. Miss Dior is a much better blended perfume, in my opinion, and just so, so pretty. The patchouli in Coco Mad. is screechy and sharp, whereas Dior's is smooth. Miss Dior is candied roses with orange and (despite it not being listed as a note) strawberries, plus a bit of patchouli for some earthiness. It smells like Spring even in the middle of Winter. It smells like a beautiful girl/woman that isn't afraid to go with bare feet and messy hair in a pretty dress. Free and charming and always young at heart (but not juvenile.)

Also, the reformulations by both Chanel and Dior left Dior taking home the prize for longevity. Miss Dior lasts forever and has perfect silage--pleasantly noticeable but never overbearing. Complain all you want about the demise of Miss Dior Cherie, but at least Dior is better at reformulations than Chanel.

mittensablaze
mittensablaze

I've seen this in perfume collection videos and it seems pretty common for people to say that they disliked it at first, but then grew to love it. I had the same reaction. I really regretted buying it for the first few weeks but now it's one of my favorite perfumes. How strange.

The ideal setting for this would be to a spring wedding.

If it was a person, she'd be pretty and upper middle class with long, perfectly styled hair. She'd wear dresses casually and bake cupcakes that she would bring into the office without eating any herself because she's just "really into baking and decorating cupcakes" but isn't that into eating sweets. And you think "what a bitch, who says that, who doesn't like cupcakes. She's probably trying to make me fat, that bitch." But then you'd talk to her then suddenly she's relateable and you'd realize that you probably judged her a little too quickly, and that maybe she actually does just really like to bake.

sammyseven89
sammyseven89

Absolutely beautiful. Yes it does smell like a department store or the duty free area at an airport and yes, it does remind me of elderly relatives BUT for me, these are positive associations. This scent is classic and could be a potential new signature for me!

Izzaaayyy
Izzaaayyy

I don't know what the original Miss Dior Cherie smelled like, but I really love this new version! I think its the perfect perfume for people who love sweet scents like pink sugar but want something a little bit deeper and more mature. I don't find myself reaching for this as much despite the fact that it is one of my favourites, probably because I deem this to be a "special occasion" perfume. Whenever I do wear it, however, I get lots of compliments (dad, family friends, boyfriend, etc.)

It think this is one of those where I can really detect each of the listed notes. It's sweet and slightly fruity/citrusy from the mandarin orange, but at the same time it is very warm and a tad bit spicy (probably from the patchouli). But unlike other fragrances with patchouli where it comes off very sharp, this is very soft. I think this is a warmer, sexier and not so fresh version of Coco Mademoiselle.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

Jasmine is now officially my Fragrance-Land Boo. She can be your Boo, too. She's in this version of Miss Dior and she is radiant! Please give her a try :)

c_mcqueen
c_mcqueen

I first smelled this some months back, sprayed it on, thought it was amazing and LUSTED after it. I imagined that the first time I had some money to spare, I'd buy myself a bottle, for sure.... and then I kept buying other things. I'd still smell it, love it, and say to myself, "Next time!" But alas, next time ever came, even though it really is a lovely perfume... I decided to sit down with my sample and figure out why EXACTLY I didn't own Miss Dior. It's ladylike, with nice rose notes and a lovely patchouli. It straddles the line, in my opinion, between too heavy and too light. It's definitely a perfume you could wear every day and always be sure that you smelled very nice indeed.

And then it hit me- I smell this EVERYWHERE. And it's not that smelling it on other people is a turnoff, because that's not it. What turns me off to Miss Dior is that it smells like walking into a department store- it's got that same fresh, floral, not-too-sweet, completely inoffensive scent that you get a blast of right when you walk into JC Penneys.

Miss Dior is totally practical, and while that makes her perfect for some, it makes her all wrong for me. Still she smells lovely and classic, and I think she'd be a great choice for an everyday perfume.

EDIT 3/1: So.... I have to eat my words on this one. Yes, it does smell like a department store, yes, I DO smell this one everywhere, but after deciding I didn't need Miss Dior, I tried it on again. Smelling it is like huffing happiness. I don't think that this is going to be my everyday scent, but it's somehow comforting for me, and it's a very classic, uplifting scent without being overly fruity or sweet.

arae
arae

Like the first reviewer on this page-I did a blind buy of this scent after reading all the rave reviews, and immediately fell in love! The initial spritz had me swooning-the patchouli, and a strong unusual citrus, which I assume is the Italian mandarin, but since i have never smelled actual Italian mandarin, my first thought was grapefruit. The dry down stayed delicious, and I proceeded to bathe in it, metaphorically, before getting in my nice clean sheets in front of my bedroom fireplace. Too bad I live alone, because this is a luscious, fresh sensuous fragrance, appropriate for any season, and any time. The sillage is excellent, but not overwhelming, and if I sniff my wrist, I can still smell it the next day. I told you I might have overdone it a bit.....

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Fruity, sweet, floral, perfect and POTENT. I love the citrusy tang with the backup of sweet florals. My bottle just arrived today and I'm kicking myself for getting only 50 ml instead of 100

If I weren't already married she wouldn't be Miss Dior much longer.

I also wrote this poem:

Miss Dior, I’m sure

You’re the one I’ve been looking for

and I’m sure I’ll only love you more

Oh Miss Dior, I love you right down to my core

No, really, Miss Dior, it’s you I adore,

Your oranges are tart,

Your jasmine holds the key to my heart

Your roses send me into fits of delight willy-nilly

—why am I writing love poetry to a perfume, this is silly.

Jillybean17
Jillybean17

I smelled this in my Cosmo magazine & I have to say I'm really liking it. I also received the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet sample in my magazine & I liked it even better so I got a sample from sephora, but surprisingly it didn't last long at all. It also gave me allergies & I've never gotten that from a perfume. I hope Miss Dior will work better for me than Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet when I try it. From what I smelled in the magazine of this I think it's a very warm & romantic perfume, & that's exactly what I'm looking for.

tittertat
tittertat

I had and enjoyed this for a while but while it's very pleasant and safe, I got bored. Mostly patchouli and strawberry soda which is a good thing but these days I think I'd like the blooming version best. The older I get the more adventurous I like my scents. Still a nice perfume and a pretty safe gift idea.

Lovelylittlelisa
Lovelylittlelisa

One of my all time favorite scents. If you want a quality, long lasting, floral perfume, then buy Miss Dior. I only need two sprays of this stuff and it lasts all day, everyone says I smell good, it really is an amazing scent. Great for almost any age, it gives off a very classic vibe when worn.

emtopaz
emtopaz

Sorry to say this, but I'm disappointed with Miss Dior eau de parfum. I much prefer the lighter, fresher eau de toilette, even if it doesn't smell much like the eau de parfum. Even after one or two sprays not at all near my face/upper torso, I feel like I can taste this, its that pungent. Don't get me wrong, this is nice but just VERY strong. I'd rather go out and buy Soap and Glory's Original Pink fragrance or Next's Nude perfume which is similar but not as strong and a fraction of the price.

EDIT: Okay, may have been in a not-so-strong perfume mood when I originally wrote this, but I've tried this on today to see what I thought as I hadn't worn it in ages and made sure I didn't spray too much, actually enjoying it today. Just make sure you're careful with this one!

QueenK13
QueenK13

Got a 100ml bottle and very happy about it! Lasting power is amazing! It stays like a warm and nice scarf around my neck!

hissyknit
hissyknit

Since I tried Dior's J'Adore and loved it, I thought I should give a few other Dior sniffies.

I tried it on in a department store while I was paying my husband's credit card bill. In the space of two minutes, I paid it and recharged a bottle of this on it.

It's a bit heavy in the first few seconds. At first, I thought it was the pushy saleslady but she wondered off and it settled down to a sophisticated, warm scent.

I'm not great at discerning different notes but I like what I like. Miss Dior keeps on my clothes a full eight hours and on my skin about four hours.

theopenwindowmaniac
theopenwindowmaniac

Ah, my current favourite scent! Give me patchouli, rose, and a hint of citrus (mandarin, in this fragrance) and I'm in love. This fragrance most reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle, but without the vetiver and variance of citrus notes. I do wish this fragrance was named something else, as it has no resemblance to Miss Dior Cherie (2005) or the original 1947 Miss Dior (you can still purchase the 1947 EDT on Dior's website). Names can be really confusing to consumers, so I'm sure many people have purchased this scent expecting it to smell like Cherie, as the names, and bottles, for that matter, are so similar. And although I found the 2005 Miss Dior Cherie to be quite awful, at least it was a unique scent. The only current fragrances I think even come close to it are Viva la Juicy, La Vie est Belle, Angel, and Pink Sugar.

napiergirl
napiergirl

Elegant and special is how I would describe this , alhough we can feel elegant and special everyday so you could wear this anytime really .This I wore on my wedding day and my kind hubby bought me this for xmas...because of the wedding day link I find this a more serious ,formal and special scent ..but hey that wont stop me wearing it daily . Does remind me of Coco Mademoiselle...but more fresh ,summery and vibrant.Im not a musk fan but the patchouli blends well with it, a perfect balance of jasmine , patchouli and musk that wraps around you in a sensual yet elegant veil.

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

I can not work out this fragrance. I love it's feminie floral tones, it smells different with everything breath. But something about it just doesn't do it for me. I can really appreciate the unique scent but it isn't a love.

Rosey167
Rosey167

oh Dior!!! bravo bravo bravo!!! sophisticated, sweet, fresh!!! This is my daytime signature scent (while la vie est belle is my night-out signature -sweeter, darker, warmer.. etc- Man oh man is this special and unique!!!! and for those who say that this is like coco mademoiselle, mmmm... I can understand why the say its similar, but coco smelled so masculine and just like a "perfume" on my skin while miss dior was so lovely and lady like more of a one of a kind scent... that being said I really love this and I am so excited that I am getting this for Christmas!!!! :D :D

Niki_Pet
Niki_Pet

This is one of the best perfumes I've ever smelled! It's feminine, sparkling, delicious and long lasting. Definetly worth the money. I got the 50ml bottle but whet it's over I'll get the bigest botle for sure!

Edit: I wore it for 6 months and my sences changed. I don't want to buy this again. I got tired of it...

Sorendara
Sorendara

To my nose when this transitioned from Miss Dior Cherie to Miss Dior there was a subtle modification to the fragrance - it's a little sweeter and a little stronger than Miss Dior Cherie was.

I loved Miss Dior Cherie, and still own it in vintage, but Dior surprised me by actually improving the fragrance in its reformulation. As everyone here knows, that's usually not the case, and reformulations are usually the cause of sadness, terror, or both. Not that the original Miss Dior deserved to be lost in the shuffle!

I understand the comparisons to Coco Mademoiselle, but I find this a little sweeter and a less rose and C.M. a little more complex. Both are in the love category for me, and I'm happy that I live in a world where I don't have to choose, but if I had to I'd go with Miss Dior.

@beaker's November Challenge (one perfume, five days) selection #3

This review is going up a bit late, as I just couldn't find many more words to say about Miss Dior.

My experience of this fragrance in the 5 days that I wore it was... pretty much everything I expected. As per my previous review, I still think this is a GORGEOUS patchouli-jasmine that really overshadows the Coco Mademoiselle that it is modeled on. I still think it is very rich and luxurious, much more so than any patchouli-heavy perfume I have EVER encountered. I've only ever reached for this on luxury/glam days - I thought it fancy.

However, the same thing that makes it so beautiful is the thing that made it so plain, and caused me to be so TIRED of wearing it by day 4. Patchouli + jasmine? Done. Done to death! Granted, this is very good quality, seamlessly blended patchouli-jasmine, but after 3 days... gimme a second while I yawn. I found that the longer I had it on, the more I was disenchanted by it, and that made me sad.

I think this is one where absence makes the heart grow fonder.
One special day with Miss Dior? Yes!
Five humdrum days with Miss Dior? No bueno.

If you wear a special dress every day, it becomes an everyday dress. Miss Dior is wasted as an everyday dress

venclips
venclips

Miss Dior reminds me of Cristian Lacroix Rogue (avon), Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, Si by Giorgio Armani and Miss Dior Cherie. I want to compare the smell with the four I mentioned above.
MD - CLR. I think the whole things are almost the same from the top, middle until the base notes. The different are CLR more spicy and MD is more floral. MD have a good silage and longevity but not as powerful as CLR.
MD - CM. Many people said that they are similar. And yes they do but only the base note. From the first spray MD is sweeter and more feminine than CM. In the middle note, I don't think any similarities. All I can say that CM have more powerful silage and longevity.
MD - Si by GA. They are similar only the first spray/top note. Middle and base totally different. Si has a better silage and longevity.
MD - MDC. They are twin sister. MD is the older sister because it is more floral, then the dry down is spicy. MDC who is the younger sister have more fruitier from the strawberry note and more sweet. Silage and longevity definitely are twin.

jess_27
jess_27

I was just wodering is their a new miss dior 2014 i was in Myer the other day and the bottle edp miss dior looks a little longer and different to one a purchased last year from myer so has dior reformulated miss dior edp again or just bottle change bought my Miss Dior fragrance end of 2013.

risarii

I don't think this smells anything like Coco Mademoiselle! There's something about Coco Mad. I don't like, but I love Miss Dior. Coco Mad. smells rather generic to me, while Miss Dior, while by no means rare (considering it's a best seller), has something about it that makes it a bit more special. I also don't think it smells completely different than Miss Dior Cherie. I still have a bottle of MDC that's 1/3 full and I MUCH prefer the new Miss Dior. It smells very very similar (at first sniff, practically the same) but MDC has this strange note in it that I don't love. It almost smells sharp; I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it's a difference in patchouli or perhaps it's the "popcorn" note MDC fans adore so much? Either way, I'm glad they took it out, or blended it in better--whatever they did, I consider it an improvement.

The new Miss Dior is gorgeous. It's warm and smooth, but fresh and sweet without being sickly sweet, as Pink Sugar is. It's great year round (fresh and citrusy in the Spring/Summer and warm and cozy in the Fall and Winter)and has perfect longevity and silage. Miss Dior is the quintessential "It Girl"--you don't know exactly what "it" is that makes her special, but she has "it."

halona1
halona1

I'm tolerate to most perfumes but this is exception for decade. All flankers or editions have that distinctive sharp missdior(ish) note I totally physically can't accept. There was a time I lacked air when someone was close to me in this perfume. Having in mind my co-worker wore this, I had some days in a week really bad ones. Thank god, she changed perfumes daily LOL.
I can see the beauty of this perfume but it's a poison for me.There are comparisons with Coco Mademoiselle, but Chanel product don't have that effect and I adore it. Just not Miss Dior/Cherrie line. Hope there are more people having same problem.

bora8413
bora8413

"LOVE TRIANGLE COMPLEXITY".
As if a woman is stuck between the decision of choosing one of two men.

What a classic, if you're someone who enjoys fruity and floral fragrances that scream unique...
Now this is the ONLY fragrance from Dior I've ever smelt, and I have to say, I'm very impressed.

THE PACKAGING:
Luxurious yet simplistic packaging, as this is glass. Looks kind of like a reagent bottle to me, really.
5/5: definitely something that I want in my display.

THE FRAGRANCE:
Now, this is what Lush Cosmetics, when you first walk into the store, smells like. Not even joking.
A fruity mix of floral, natural sweetness, and musk that makes this fragrance so unique yet kind of common since I visit Lush A LOT.
Smells of patchouli, musk, and definite hints of mandarin orange and jasmine. Just dainty and beautiful, this fragrance and really is mature yet vulnerable and romantic (but not TOO date night).
5/5: blended and beautiful.

UNIQUE ASPECTS:
Like the fragrance notes of this, it really does smell like Lush Cosmetics, but what I really like about this fragrance is that rather than shifting fragrances entirely through the day, this remains the same and you can noticeably tell when different fragrances and notes are being lost.
It makes for cool effect.
+3: honestly, it's pretty cool actually realizing that subtle scent change.

ICKY ASPECTS:
NOTHING! Really...
Well, kind of smells like Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, but that's only on the paper (and even then, this smells a lot more like Lush).
=0: because it's too perfect.

NOT GOOD FOR... professional work.
GREAT FOR... cute dates, school, elegant occasions.

Extremely long lasting, not the most VA VA VOOM in Sillage which is actually more preferable, but an overall elegant and romantic yet not too candy of a fragrance.

Hellokt
Hellokt

what is the boozy smell? anyone know?

henri345que
henri345que

The complicated thing of so much reeditions and flanker launchmentes of an specific fragrance like Miss Dior/Miss Dior Cherie is removing the straight virtue of the aroma that goes inside of it, which invariably ends being compared to other versions and usually not living up to the expectations of the ones that loved the previous version. This Miss Dior edition cannot be the candied popcorn that made the first Miss Dior Cherie so Lovely and it's not either the dry and mossy chypre of the original Miss Dior, but it's a great androginous chypre that could have been a Monsieur Dior if the brand wished it. It seems to be at the threshold of masculine and feminine compositions which put emphasis on sweet patchouli, musk and soft woods. It's not delicate, but it isn't either brute; it's not also very sweet, but very woody too. It cannot be the most original fragrance launched, but it has a good formula coeherence, balance and projection. I like how it seems great it slightly sweet, vanillic, musky and oriental aura, with something a little bit citric and floral too. Compared to other modern Chypres, like Coco Mademoiselle or Coco noir, it seems to be the least floral and sugary one. I think it's worth ignoring its complicated history and try it for what it has to offer for itself.

Bruno57
Bruno57

I know Dior's lying about Miss Dior. It's not "Miss Dior" from 1947, it's not "Miss Dior Chérie" and it has been reformuled so many time, but... I don't care 'cause this fragrance Miss Dior (2014) is just so beautiful, so chic and pretty ! Just perfect

Andorsia
Andorsia

Having owned and worn the original Miss Dior Cherie EDP I can say in comparison this is almost identical. This one is slightly better but only because it contains a subtle punch the original was lacking. That being said, both are equally gorgeous. MD gives a sense of fulfillment and beauty. For me I would like a bit more oomph as the sweetness stands out so clearly on my skin but otherwise a luxury gem.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

on the paper strip the smell reminds me of coco chanel, however on skin it is a whole other beast and loses its elegance. Super sweet (on me tending to sickly) vanilla-patchouli like in La Vie est Belle with some soapy flowers and musk which are to my nose screechy although subdued by the sweet base. The soundtrack would be called "The Sweet Pretender" and would most likely be some slightly annoying sugar pop from the radio. It is a girl wearing her mother's too big shoes with the slight uncomfortableness of teenage, her demeanor is spoiled baby sweet with a tinge of the bitterness of losing childhood. Simply put, I find it an unbalanced scent.

Jenniferr
Jenniferr

This scent is sweet and yummy. it's a cute smell to have on, yet not that sufficticated. deffinetley more casual than anything else. Stays on the skin for a real long time, and is used by all.

amelie
amelie

What a shame Dior! No imagination, no respect for tradition. My first thought was - did I put Coco Mademoiselle? Now I see that I'm not the only one. I feel cheated. I can not wait to get rid of this false scent, still feel it on my skin. Moreover, I do not want you anymore, Dior!

Lots of sweet Mandarin, and it doesn't work with my skintype at all. Sweet, too sweet for me

Massor av söt Mandarin och det funkar inte med min hudtyp. Sötsliskig

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

Such a simple composition yet it smells like the most exquisite fragrance I have yet found: radiant and sparkling, rich, deep, and wearing it feels like I clothed myself in pure sateen. I put Miss Dior on and it gives such a boost of confidence: I believe I'm the most beautiful, I'm invincible, success and fortune are in my pocket, I can conquer the world.

It has the gentle freshness of the Italian mandarin that lingers on for a while after applying it, but it's more the sweet, gentle jasmine and rose that plays out on my skin. I don't know what kind of patchouli Miss Dior accumulates. I'm quite sensitive to patchouli and recognise even the tinsiest amount, but this one here melts like it's some weird kind of sweet patchouli ice cream. I just can't pin it down to inspect it, it's too different from any patchouli I've ever smelled.

Miss Dior remains simple until it completely fades away: it's not going through any major transformation after spraying, but that's ok, that's part of the charm. Longevity is awesome, minimum 12 hours with a single spray and it's definitely not shy about sillage either.

Charmianne
Charmianne

The notes of this new Miss Dior Eau de Parfum is so different from the Miss Dior Cherie but they smell so similar. Miss Dior EDP is just more warm than Miss Cherie when I did a side by side comparison (sprayed each on my wrist). I am definitely getting the strawberry note when I sniff where I sprayed it. This scent is so beautiful! It's a sweetened fruity rose with the added warmth of patchouli, highly addictive! I am going for a full bottle very soon.

charmedbella
charmedbella

This is such a pretty and elegant perfume. I think it is judged a bit too harshly. Is it adventurous? No, but it has never claimed to be. There is nothing wrong with this crowd-pleaser!

Miss Dior is so, so feminine, romantic, and lovely. She is pretty, well-liked, and chic. Warm, inviting, and a little sexy. The opening of citrus is gorgeous (I love a good citrus opening) and is followed soon after with very smooth jasmine and rose, then rounded out with stunning patchouli.

On me, the sillage is incredible. It radiates warmth and envelopes the wearer in a cloud of sophistication. This wears best on the inner crook of the arms, on the neck, and underneath your hair at the base of the neck.

Easily a day time scent, this is elegant enough to be worn at night and is absolutely perfect on a romantic date with that special someone. Miss Dior is a crowd-pleaser, so this is safe for almost any social function and at the office -- you won't offend anyone with this stunning scent! I find this wearable any time of the year; warm enough for the cooler months, but fresh enough to be worn in the summer.

Miss Dior is easily one of the prettiest perfumes I've ever worn!

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I know this gets some flack for being a generically bland "pretty princess" perfume, but I think that's a little unfair. Is it groundbreaking? No. But it succeeds in projecting the image of a woman who is beautiful, cheerful, sparkling, sophisticated, confident, young at heart, and generally well liked. Such an idealized construct can be grating, I know, but is it Barbie's fault she's Barbie?

This is really a lovely scent, that's why it's a crowd-pleaser. I think it's not so much generic as it's the type of scent that generic scents try to copy. It's the natural blonde all the bleached blondes pretend to be. But don't hold that against it. The drydown in particular is a joy.

shushkin
shushkin

I was recently sent a sample spray of this scent and was not impressed. I loved the opening mandarin and patchouli but then it quickly dried down to just another pretty pretty scent and didnt last a couple of hours on my skin. The sillage was rubbish to. I expect much more from such an expensive and famous scent.

bettybee983
bettybee983

My current favorite, this complex is both sophisticated and provocative without smelling over-done. It retains a certain subtlety that makes it one of the classiest scents I have ever smelled.

Greenandgold
Greenandgold

What has happend to my beloved miss cherie? I want the popcorn, strawberry and caramel notes back!!

LordD
LordD

What has happened to this perfume? The “old” Miss Dior Cherie (which she could still find in shops until last year) has been my mother’s signature fragrance for years. With the old formulations, she would get compliments constantly, she would get into her car after a full day of work and could still smell it in there from that morning when she had gone to work, people would know she had been in a room even after she’d left, the fragrance would stick to her clothes for days. But now, after just a few hours, she can barely smell the EDP on herself. She was so disappointed she tried to get a refund from Sephora, but they said no.
Now she’s using a knock-off she found which has better projection, sillage and longevity for a FIFTH of the prize...

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Orange could have saved Miss Dior but sadly it ends up going the predictable fruitchouli route and smells as awful as Forbidden Euphoria. When will people learn that fruit plus patchouli will usually make them smell rank?

I'll take a wild guess why this perfume exists. Dior saw the profit that the tepid Coco Mademoiselle was raking in for Chanel, so Dior stepped up the game by producing a crowd-pleasing fruitchouli.

blue_belle
blue_belle

I finally got around to trying this yesterday and it was a delight from start to finish. Right out of the bottle I had a "what is that wonderful smell" moment, and it only continued because this has great sillage. The roses and orange are in perfect harmony here, and as the scent develops more of the jasmine comes in and makes it even better. At some point during the evening I had to fight the urge to just bury my nose in my wrist. I don't think I will be getting a bottle just yet, but when I use up my current bottle of Coco Mademoiselle I think I will be replacing it with this. It's sweet, bright, and just gorgeous.

Obssessed!
Obssessed!

Its an amazing scent though i saw no reason to change it. The old one was better BUT this is still a beautiful scent. There isnt a complete difference in scent as i have both the old and new, there still remnants of the old one. The older one has that fruitiness that made it "cherie".

People need to stop comparing it to coco mademoiselle. Coco mad is Miss Dior's junior! - the idea for coco mad came from Miss Dior Cherie. Its like comparing Lady gaga and Madonna - you cant do it it makes no sense. You cant compare the teacher to the student.

ngmama
ngmama

I can wear many different types of perfume (I love Pink Sugar for example), but this fragrance gives me an instant headache. :-/ However, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel is a GREAT alternative. :D

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

This is extremely pretty, though I really miss the old, more unique formulation (which I'm sure everyone is tired of reading about). This new version is just so noticeably different, though that's not to say it's any less worthy of being a Miss Dior.

In my personal opinion, Miss Dior Eau De Parfum is in the same family as all the other sweet/citrusy patchouli perfumes around right now; like Coco Mademoiselle, Sanderling and even Chanel Chance (though Chance is a far more peppery). They're not the same, but related.

Miss Dior (new [for now]) is stunning, don't get me wrong. If someone were to ask me which they should buy, I'd tell them Miss Dior (new).

Edit 1.21.15: I tired of this quickly. It became very heavy; a bit cloying and stuffy, and I couldn't wear it often.

caydesugar

Is it just me or do I smell a bit of sweet/tart strawberries in here?!

tijgetje

a cold summerday here...put on some Miss Dior and voila!! I instantly feel great and sunny and lovely :-0 oh this parfume is truely "verslavend"as we say in Holland. LOVE this parfume....

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I have both this and Chance and while they are sort of similar in being sweet/fruity patchouli but not cloying, Ive decided I prefer this one.

caydesugar

I blind-bought this perfume just the other day, and I absolutely LOVE it SOOOOOOO MUCH! I love sweet, fruity scents and hence I have quite a few celebrity perfumes along with stuff like Viva La Juicy and Pink Sugar. I wanted something more floral and not as sweet for days when I feel really sick of wearing super sweet scents but I wanted a perfume that didn't scream 'mature' or 'old ladyish', but more of a perfume that was still 'bright' and 'young' but waaaay more sophisticated than sweet celeb scents. And I found it!! I think I've found the perfect scent for me. I can't tell you how much I love this perfume, from the initial spray to the dry down! In my opinion, it is 'clean' smelling and I don't find it 'dirty', even with the patchouli in it! I do have two 'floral/woody' scents which are Alien and its d'Ambre flanker, but I really have to be in the right mood to wear those scents. But this new Miss Dior just brightens my day when I smell/spray it! I think it is a very well-done perfume for any occasion and for any season! For your reference, I am just a few months shy of turning 20, and I think both the younger and older audience can pull this off very easily, IF you like this kind of scent. I find it very chic, sophisticated, but still young, bright, and fun! Sort of smells like an expensive floral-scented soap?! I don't think this is 'soapy' though, if I'm making any sense?! Guess what I'm trying to say is... THIS STUFF SMELLS AMAZING ;D

A La Angel

Hold everything. Just hold everything for one second. WHERE HAVE I BEEN??? How can this miracle have existed since 2012... and not been mine?! Because of HATERS. I really wish more people assessed this fragrance on its own merit, and not always as compared to this, that or the other. All the Coco Mad comparisons had me turning my nose up at this gem, when really it is a completely different animal.

Now, the folks over at Dior need to get their act together and figure out what they want to do with this "Miss Dior (Cherie)" line/collection/fiasco and STICK.TO.IT but my goodness, if this isn't a truly gorgeous perfume then my name is Bob! (It's not.)

I picked it up off the shelf at the store, prepared to sniff and sneer at it from atop my Fragrantica-Perfumista high horse, but Miss Dior knocked me right off the saddle. I am FLOORED. The stuff sparkles. Not like glitter, but like diamonds! I didn't know patchouli could be this glamorous and refined! That Egyptian jasmine? That's the stuff all the perfumers should be using. Rich and decadent and opulent... but not heavy at all! What kind of sorcery is this?! The jasmine picks the patchouli up out of the dirt, cleans it up, puts it in a (creamy musk) gown, sticks a diamond pin in its hair and gives it a champagne flute to hold, pinky out. Ugh I've never experienced patchouli like this, WHERE HAVE I BEEN? I think the scent pyramid is incomplete. It needs to be expanded to include Vanilla, Drugs and Witchcraft. There is a vanilla-citrusy something in there, and I get glimpses of pink roses, but that jasmine... My stars, that jasmine is the magic that made the patchouli beautiful.

Like somebody said below, the comparisons to Coco Mad are a compliment to Coco Mad - Miss Dior (new) is a far superior being. Ok, ok, so we lost a beautiful thing in the original Miss Dior Cherie (2005) but some of you need to put your big girl panties on and get over it before you lose out on this gem. Bravissimo, Dior. (Now quit messing with us.)

quency1
quency1

Actually this scent has been my signature and it is very beautiful ,chic and feminine scent.Dior has had the best perfumes.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

Complex and Brilliant- lady's perfume done right!
___________________________________________

Smelled this on my wife, and I can say only one thing...
Dior knows how to make 'em.
Miss Dior is a classy fragrance and quite feminine, as it sports notes of amber, rose and jasmine to name a few which all conglomerate into one well made mixture.
Upon first spray, it is quite strong up until about the five minute mark, after which it calms to a pleasant floral scent that is quite complex indeed. Even smelling this in passing is quite wonderful, as it projects well from the skin for a good couple of hours.
This is easily one of my favorite ladies scents, up there with Angel and Coco Mademoiselle. It is mature, sophisticated, and contains a layer of depth and intricacy not often seen in common women's fragrances.
Kudos to Dior for this scent.
Spray recommendations for the ladies: one to the base of the neck, and one to each wrist and convey to sides of neck. This should keep you covered for a good portion of the day, and project well to anyone around.
Buy, try or pass? Definite BUY. I'm a huge fan of the Dior house, and they have not let their standards slip at all on this one.

Longevity: 9/10 (10+ hours)
Projection: 8/10 (Perfume strength!)
Versatility: 9/10 (Most occasions- formal/ informal, any season)
Smell: 10/10 (Complex, intricate, pleasant- a win in my book!)

jellybeantree

I like this a lot! It smells a lot like coco mad but not as sharp. It's more smooth and silky! I like that its not uber strong. It stays all day though! I think it makes a great everyday fragrance and works in all different settings and seasons! Is it expensive ? YES! It is quality and it doesn't break my skin out. Some fragrances break me out. Anyway, if you want a change from coco mad because everyone in the solar system is wearing it. Choose this beauty.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I was a bit underwhelmed by this scent. It's pretty basic ginger-bread-ish patchouli with a touch of mandarin and rose. It's pretty one-dimensional. Given the other options out there for candied patchouli scents I think there are better choices (like Coco Mademoiselle). I can see why this would appeal to a large number of people, but it's also not anything special.

pineapple_express
pineapple_express

Had I smelled this perfume without knowing of it's predecessor, I would "love" it. But I ordered it from a discount fragrance site that had it listed as "Cherie" and thought I struck gold. Unfortunately they didn't know about the change.

While I truly enjoy wearing it when I'm dressed up or going to work (I used to wear it when I was a hostess and people loved it), I can't get over having smelled the "Cherie" version years ago when I was a teenager and wishing I could have bought it.

It is a lovely scent in its own right. It has lots of personality, I'd say it maintains maturity with a hint of playfulness. I get headaches from certain perfumes and luckily I this doesn't give me that problem, even if I reapply. Floral, patchouli, and a touch fruity, I really do love this but it will always be compared to the other one! I have to let that go lol because this is a beautifully crafted fragrance.

carolsp
carolsp

Very interesting opinion Rockegg. I've been using this perfum for two years and for me this is soft and delicate when I use during winter or cold weather. On the other hand, it has a very strong character on summer. Honestly, I love the way the patchouli of this perfum mix with my skin during summertime!

nuzzzzie
nuzzzzie

This perfume is a pretty scent. Its sweet, airy and sugary with hints of floral. Its extremely girly, which conjures images of 50s dresses and going out rollerblading!

I've never smelled a scent like this one before - girly but not sickly. I like a lot.

Lasted for a long time, the scented card in my bag still smells after 4 days!

rockegg
rockegg

It's always interesting reading through the reviews of various fragrances and seeing how different people's reactions are. In this case on one side are the people who say it's very strong and requires a strong personality to wear, and on the other side are the ones who say it's soft, pretty, and rather bland. We almost need special tee shirts to advertise what side we're on.

It may be that the polarizing note is patchouli. Patchouli has always had that effect on people. My own personal opinion is that Miss Dior is soft, feminine, and extremely wearable. It's the kind I'd wear if I didn't have a strong idea of what I wanted to project. I don't see this as a "signature scent" because it's not terribly unique. I like it as an everyday fragrance and I could easily go through a bottle of this.

Edit: I think there's a lot of confusion about all the names. People may be reviewing different products.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Miss Dior was the fragrance that started my obsession/collection of perfume!

To me, this is one of the most comforting scents I can wear. I spray it on (liberally, usually), and I'm instantly reminded of golden champagne all day. It's warm, bubbly, uplifting, luxurious. It's certainly not a "light" scent, but to me, it's very carefree, fills me with happiness, brightens up my morning, etc. It lasts for a solid 5-6 hours before I want to re-apply.

Miss Dior has definitely been a go-to scent for me, in any season or time of day for years. It's one of my favorite reliable perfumes!

babykays
babykays

alright i sprayed this and coco mademoiselle edp and i've found that they are so similar because of the citrus and patchouli scent. but then again this perfume is more on the patchouli side because the citrus scent is not as strong as coco mademoiselle. i like this one better than coco mademoiselle because i don't fancy citrus on my edp, it reminds me of a nauseating citrus car scent. and the fact that miss dior for me does not smell balsamic at all is also one of the reasons.
.. the strangest thing about this fragrance is, every time i spray this on, i crave flowerbomb even more... because ladies and gentlemen, that fragrance is a perfection.............

beatrix75
beatrix75

i love this one !!! i dont want to make any comparation coco m or something alls ,this fragrance its good like she is lots of patchouli sweet caramel and amber with some white flowers perfekt scent for anyocasion!!

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

Oh I so wanted to love this, but all I smell is fruit. Could have sworn there was strawberry or peach in this which I could find in notes listed here. Definitely a worthy perfume in terms of quality and sophistication, but just cant get past the fruitiness. Coco Mademoiselle is so much better on me. Pity

Edit. 6 hours later and I start getting the base notes. This is perfume, and it lasted overnight too. However as I could not abide the fruity opening, I will still have to pass on this.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I am often a little (unfairly) disdainful of fragrances that are self-identified as "for the modern woman," and also of fragrances that are popular and ubiquitous because they are just "nice." I was originally prepared to be critical of Miss Dior EDP for these reasons when I wore it for the first time, but then, today, I found myself inexplicably craving this scent!

On me, the opening smells like orange zest with a hint of booziness. After about ten minutes, the frag has dried down to a slightly spiced, honeyed orange. I agree with the user below who said that Miss Dior is similar to Coco Mademoiselle, but with softer, more golden buttery edges. It's quite lovely and comforting, very smooth, with a youthful and slightly gourmand feel. It would probably be suitable for any occasion and any mood. Really a solid, versatile, well-blended scent that might not really be a statement fragrance, but will probably always please because it's just so darn pleasing!

I really want to give this fume a love, but for me it is still just a like because the dry down comes far too soon, and after a few hours, it's become a skin scent. I can still catch whiffs every now and then about nine hours after application, but I seem to just have bad luck with the Miss Dior line so far, as they smell lovely, but are barely noticeable on my skin before long.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

I sampled this today and it is very similar to Coco Mademoiselle but BETTER (FOR ME)

Coco is brighter / sharper which can be much and in your face, Miss Dior Cherie smells like coco but there's a smoky woody tone that replaces that sharpness coco has making it darker a bit and that is PERFECTO!!!!

Now to settle this

If you like the bright and sharp edge go for coco mademoiselle
If you like that brightness without the piercing sharpness go for Miss Dior Cherie

annieyentran
annieyentran

had a sample and just tried it on today, maybe it just my body chemistry and i'm not good with notes and all that but i can only smell jasmine on my wrist. i like the smell but it not good enough for me to want to buy the perfume

craftyminx
craftyminx

I was really hoping to get more from this than just the patchouli by itself, but it's very linear and very one-note on me. I wore Miss Dior Cherie back in the day, and I loved it, but this is a poor shadow of what was once a beautiful scent.

michellexoxo
michellexoxo

Just received this fragrance for Christmas last year. I had been wanting it for the longest time. I love this scent, and use it sparingly, for special occasions. I like to save this perfume for formal daytime events. Every time I put it on, at least one person asks me what I am wearing. Love love love

cessnaski
cessnaski

It is a beautiful perfume which is only an understatement if its name does not give it justice. Miss Dior has woody almost smoky base notes, which becomes sweet like lilac blossoms in the high notes. I'm not sure whether lilac is included, it is Italian mandarin and jasmine which are the key high notes. The middle notes would have to be patchouli.

Generally, I do not wear strong perfumes and this will be the one that marks the line between strong and soft. It has moderate sillage although is not overpowering and its sweet fragrance is very comfortable to wear on a everyday basis.

It is similar to J'adore by the same brand only that it has the jasmine in it.

I think it might become one of my favourites.

Allyfally
Allyfally

This is nothing that I ever expected to like. I normally cannot stand patchouli or heavy florals. But this smells so good! My fiancé says its a very sexy scent. I definitely feel mature in it.

eik0san
eik0san

Miss Dior is by far my favourite perfume! I have nothing to add to the great reviews on this page- except that Miss works great in cold weather.

marcnatandcat
marcnatandcat

The ultra chic silver bow is the most adorable accent to the simple bottle. It’s so classy you should put it on your mantle. And as an added bonus, it smells good. It’s carefree and girly. This is the scent you should wear when you’re running through a field covered in butterflies. It’s a subtle citrus with vanilla and jasmine. The citrus fades quickly and leaves behind a beautiful innocent scent. This was also the first major gift Marc gave me as my husband. I realize I could interpret this as “now that we’re married you can’t smell bad anymore. ” I asked very specifically for this perfume. He not only listened to my constant talking about this scent, he bought the perfect Dior gift for me. It was really thoughtful and I feel newlywed happiness every time I wear it.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

This is the only Miss Dior I've tried (there are so many and all with similar bottles - it confuses me). It's a very nice lady-like and elegant scent, simple but classy. Would be a good go-to perfume, something that's easy to wear, day or night, year round.

Emilia88
Emilia88

I never had the chance to try the Miss Dior Cherie from 2005, and I know most people don't like the reformulation (which is now called just "miss dior" if I'm not mistaken), but I really, really like this one.
And I rarely go for "fresh & light" perfumes.
I also do not like Coco Mademoiselle at ALL and find no similarities whatsoever.
It's weird to me that wild strawberries isn't listed as a note because it is the most prominent note in this scent (at least me, my mom and my sister agree on this) and while it's sweet and fresh, it's not at all as sharp as Coco Mademoiselle, which quite literally stings my nose.
Love, love, love this perfume.

Tea4Too
Tea4Too

Miss Dior smells chic, sophisticated and expensive. In fact, expensive is the word which always pops into my mind when I wear this. It is classy elegance in a bottle. Reminiscent of Coco Mademoiselle but still retaining her own character which is sharper and more chypre than the Chanel. Slightly aquatic giving way to warm enduring spice, she likes cold weather, actually the colder the better, and I would second the reviewer who suggested getting out into the air with her. Here she blooms better and more fully and her tendency to cloy is allayed. Rather like a fine wine, this fragrance likes to breathe. Miss Dior is no shrinking violet, don't let her demure little bottle fool you, she impresses with excellent longevity and sillage. Prepare to receive many compliments.

donimili
donimili

Well to me, also, Miss Dior smells similar to Mademoiselle, but I like it more. It has some sharper note. Longevity, on me, is excellent. I would say very long lasting, good 15 hours.

PLOMMO
PLOMMO

Its so pretty,classy and romantic:-) love it!! Feminine and nice. Love the rose and jasmine in it♥

JustSassy
JustSassy

I love this fragrance a LOT. To me it smells like how a woman should smell. Basically it just has a very feminine smell that draws you in. It smells very classy. At first you smell a burst of fresh citrus then more complex floral notes pull through. At the end you are left with a very nice and warm patchouli fragrance. The way the patchouli mixes with the jasmine and rose is phenomenal. The florals merged with the spiciness of the patchouli is a work of art.

drlaurel
drlaurel

where the heck is the patchouli? nada, zilch, zip

The first word that comes in mind is elegance.
The first thing I felt was jasmine mixed with citrus.
I think jasmine is extremely enjoyable in this fragrance. There is also a lot of patchouli in it.
This perfume makes me think of walking in the old town at the springtime wearing classic black coat, sunglasses and let the wind play with wavy hair.
That is girly and elegant at the same time - girly elegance.

Pusteblumchen
Pusteblumchen

I've got to know MD during my search for a perfume with Jasmine as base scent.

Firstly I've met Paris YSL and fell instantly in love. Both EdP and EdT smell differently on me and I have both. Paris is but a very strong scent. I can't use it daily.

Then I've met MD and it is the first Dior perfume I decided to buy. Never liked any of them: addicted row (headaches) nor Jadore (stomach complains)...

Miss Dior is on me pure Jasmine. My nose can ignore the notes of citrus, musk and patchouli which are there but not intensive and be drowned on this wonderful Pure Jasmine scent...

For those not growing up with REAL Jasmine Trees like me I think they'll have trouble to order the scents and smell only the rest. My olfative memory is great and I still can recall smelling the little white flowers on my way back from school to home...

It's a journey into my beautiful memories, a delight of senses.

PS: MD was the first perfume I was wearing when someone else asked about it! I think it's a gorgeous chemistry on me :-)

ecerusen
ecerusen

chronology : meeh - aww not bad - omg it smells like cat pee - aww it turns to attractive scent i like it - meehh

the new version is like wannabe of coco mademoiselle(especially at the fading out). nothing new, nothing special, nothing attractive.

katmitchell
katmitchell

First of all, about the character of the fragrance. I figured out it needs a lot of air and freedom to express itself, since it does not seem nice at all from the bottle or in a tiny room. I accidentally got it in the airport instead of getting the Miss Dior Cherie, and when I smelled it on my wrist at home I was really disappointed by how chemical it seemed. I still decided to wear it next day, and as soon as I left the house the freshness and the soft smokiness of Miss Dior showed up. Very feminine and elegant, and it is not a kind of light water you want to apply to smell nice. The character is really strong, that's why it's rather love it or hate it fragrance. You don't just use MD, you become her... I got two bus rides for free and compliments the day I first used it :)

chimegblog
chimegblog

first I didn't like it. But lately I am loving it. It's now 2nd favourite perfum after Chanel Chance eau de tendre. I can't stop smelling myself. I want full 100ml bottle of this perfume. I am testing all miss dior perfumes with small bottles. Miss Dior Cherie and Miss Dior are smells very similar. But I think Miss Dior Cherie is more complex and it has wild strawberries which I love.

babyF
babyF

I've always considered this a spring/early summer perfume by default, because of all the flowers and patchouli. But this winter I've found (to my own surprise) myself grabbing it more and more often - it's just something about how it reacts with the cold air that makes it simply sparkling! The patchouli never becomes "too much" as I feel it does sometimes when the weather's warmer, which to me can be quite headache inducing. Instead it feels sort of crisp and comforting and it's gorgeous when you're out walking and can smell it on your scarf/collar.
So, not as much a review I guess as a general tip: try it out when it's freezing cold and see what happens (:

jujuba4596
jujuba4596

The first time I smelled Miss Dior, it was like: I hate it.
But then I don't know why, I just couldn't stop smelling my wrist.
There was something so old about it.
Then, everytime I go to some store and I can spray it on me, I do.
Because I love how it smells after one hour or two.
I think that the base notes work for me. I just don't know why.
I love the ending of this fragrance. But I hate the beginning.
Maybe I'm too young to undestand it.
I can imagine me wearing this when I'm older.

Miss Dior is a mystery to me.

This fragrance is made for an independent woman with strong personality. For someone, who can say 'well, as you all can see, no ring. I am still a miss. Happy miss. And I don't find it necessary to marry my boyfriend', sitting in a circle of all married women, who has just asked her with sympathy 'aren't you engaged yet?'.
In fact, independence has nothing to do with marital status, unlike many people think. You can be married, but still, with independent soul. Miss Dior is a scent for such souls, forever-free. Flowery charming, but with prominent patchouli and some interesting smoky note. (I have never smelled such smoky note in any other perfume!)
It is surely a woman's scent, not a girlie one. Of course, a teenager rebel can also wear it:)

Update: I've tested it again and I have to say that base notes are a masterpiece. Incredibly good. I'd buy it, but unfortunately, after very accurate testing, I've noticed that middle notes are problematic, a bit nauseating.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

love love..

Cupcakesprinkle
Cupcakesprinkle

I love the scent of this perfume! It smells really elegant and sophisticated but it in a very youthful way. When I put this on I feel as if I am walking in Paris. But it doesnt last very long so I always have it keep it in my purse and spray it every 2 to 3 hours. The bottle is very cute and simple too. Overall it makes you feel very sopshisticated and youthfull.

chuetta
chuetta

feminine and serious. I liked wearing it on special occasions only.

pavel.dumitrescu007
pavel.dumitrescu007

A very nice feminine, daydream perfume. It's happy, it's sensual, it's intense, it can be easily worn in the daytime and nighttime and it's loved by everybody. Everything you'd ever want in a woman. The elixir of love. A sweeter, younger interpretation of Coco Mademoiselle.

Scent: 9/10.
Longevity: 8/10.

anggapra
anggapra

my ex wears this and it's one of the reason why I fall in love with her

helen22night
helen22night

This is a GREAT perfume.Really classy,feminine and elegant.Fresh and sweet at the same time.

chirobi
chirobi

I've been quite turned off by all the iterations of Miss Dior/Miss Dior Cherie to the point of avoiding them. By a stroke of good luck, a sweet colleague of mine recently gave me a sample gift set of some Dior perfumes, and I've had the good fortune of experiencing MIss Dior, which I had mistaken for Miss Dior Cherie for the longest time because the juice and bottles are nearly identical. MDC was a staple of my old roommates, and it really did not work on skin. MD on the other hand is MAGICAL. Funny, because I'm much older than her, and I see MD as being a more grown up MDC.

I really love how the earthy patchouli can be made to be sparkling and feminine by mandarin and florals, and sexy and dirty by the musk. Because of these opposing qualities, I think MD would be really suitable for day or evening use. The sillage must be noticeable because several people who have walked into my office commented on the wonderful smell. This is great, but hopefully, I didn't suffocate my office mates. I think in the summer it would be too much, but right now in below zero weather, Miss Dior is bringing some warmth and elegance to my otherwise very humdrum school day.

Although some here have said that MD is similar or lesser than MDC or Coco Mademoiselle, I would still encourage you to try it, because on me, this is SOOOOOO much better!!! I've tried and owned MDC and Coco Mlle, but neither works with my chemistry.

Meels
Meels

This one was way too sweet for me - it smelled like I'd put a lolly on my arm.

Cmiw
Cmiw

It's a very 'pretty' perfume. I love it, smells very young and fresh but classy to me, kind of like a girl in heels and red lipstick. The only thing is that I live in a hot climate, and when it gets very hot, it kinda smells too much ?

Juliana6

I have never smelled a perfume that plays with the cold like this one does. I've sprayed it on the fur collar or my coat and I have a little celebration every time I put it on and go out - sparkling like the champagne, warming like the Gluhwein, uplifting like the falling in love and embracing like a big, strong hug.
Excellent!

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

I remember the first time I ever smelled this. I was in Sephora browsing fragrances and I loved the bottle so I picked it up and sprayed a sample swatch. I took one sniff and fell in love. I immediately sprayed some on me and could not stop smelling my wrists. All day. And couldn't stop saying how much I love this perfume. I was surprised to see it has Mandarin in it, because I don't smell that AT ALL. This perfume smells like Jasmine on me, and I have a love affair with white floral scents. This is my "classy lady" perfume, and I wear it most often when I'm going out in the evening.

fiouu
fiouu

I don't mind pachouli, but this smells like sanitizer.
Still smells like miss dior cherie, I have them both and certainly I couldn't care less about the reformulation and all the stuff pertaining it.
It smells good, whatever, everybody uses this, so this is just... bland to me.
I must give it props since at least it has more personality, oomph, longevity and sillage than that watered down bland bimbo Coco Mademoiselle. Yes, MDC is sadly better than your beloved Chanel.
Want advise? DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE, buy this IF you really think you need it. Otherwise, If you need your patchouli addiction to be treated nicely, let me redirect you to Elle by YSL.

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

This seems very weak. Not even sure what it is about it. I usually HATE patchouli but I don't sense it much even though its the main scent. I smell mostly musky with a hint of rose & orange. I really am not impressed at all.
It just seems to lack anything solid. I will go on to try the original if I can. It doesn't smell strong which is a plus to me but it seems to be more soft like a cologne or body spray?

pinkchevalier
pinkchevalier

I hate this one. I've tried sampling it many times telling myself that my mood or the weather is causing my hate but I just hate it. It smells vaguely like Coco Mademoiselle but it lacks structure. It's sort of wobbly in watery sweet strawberry (yes I smell that note...) way. It makes me nauseous and I think strawberry scents (synthetic) just causes that effect. It makes me want to try the older version that was more of a gourmand. But seriously, I've tried a sample at least five times and I can't bear to try again...I think it just doesn't agree.

alicektn
alicektn

I really like it! I think its very similar to the 2011 reformulation. It s long lasting but the sillage is very soft. What I love to do with this perfume is layering it with a caramel body spray. The result is really yummy and feminine!

lgbailey86
lgbailey86

This is blended beautifully. The rose note is magnificent and not synthetic smelling at all. Classy. Pretty.

alimuanis
alimuanis

Oh miss Dior you're the perfume of love, you're the perfume who made the strong man weak front of the women which wear you, and you made the man search about her around, where she go you go with her and no mercy from you to slow down on the men hearts .
and the home will be silent when she wear you. just silent in best way.
i miss my wife if she away from me, and i miss you too miss dior on her
amazing hot perfume ever i buy it for my wife from amazing fragrance ever
it's sexy , classic , romantic , beautiful .
This is what must be worn by girls to be well-known in her taste
I think it's the best version of Miss Dior, this is only my personal opinion
I bought
Size of the bottle / 50 mL
Price / $99

My opinion is :-
Occasions : sports/walking/wedding/party/meeting/business/normal time/bedtime/office/love moments
Season: fall /winter / spring /summer
Compliments 10/10
Bottle design 9/10

MuhannadQahtani
MuhannadQahtani

هذا بنظري رجالي نسائي... ريحتة زي ريحة الشيشة و اللي اغلب اللي يشربونها عشان الريحة الجميلة اللي تطلع... هالعطر بهذي الريحة الجميلة... استعملة يوميا لكن اوقات احسة يسبب لي صداع!! جميل جدا

AmyEmporiadou
AmyEmporiadou

To be honest I purchased this one buy mistake ( I thouht I was buying miss dior cherie! ). However I didn't return it because I thought I may like it. Well I was so weong. The opening is very synthetic in my openion but once it settles to your skin it changes. I can defenittly smell the citrus. It is so strong! It's like miss paris in a bottle! Altough it's not very special, you have defenitly smelled it before, it smells so lady like. I keep it only for super special occasions because its not an everyday scent. No of my friends liked it. Its so overpowering but still something is missing. Dior shouldnt change the perfume. Without the strawberries, popcorn and caramel this fragance however its expensive and chick smell, it doesnt smell yummy. Or even nice.

Jayela
Jayela

I just bought this beauty and I love it. But beware the sillage. Because THERE İS NO SİLLAGE. Aldough it stiks your skin very well. If you put your nose really close, you can smell even after 8 hours. But after 2 hours noone else can smell it besides you. But again, I am happy to bougt it. I bought a traveller automazier and put some of the fragrance in it. I am applying the fragrance for every 2 hours. I love living in a scenty cloud :)

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Am I stupid that I don't get this concept? Why reformulate this to having it smell like Coco Mademoiselle? If I want to smell like Coco Mademoiselle, I'll BUY Coco Mademoiselle! I don't NEED to buy Miss Dior to smell like Coco Mademoiselle! What is the point? [smh]

lcommisso
lcommisso

I never had an opportunity to smell the old formulations of Miss Dior. From the sound of them, they were sweeter. I actually think "Miss" is a misnomer, since this is a mature and fabulous scent. When I hear "Miss", it reminds me of being called a young miss, which this fragrance is not. I think it is worth the hefty price tag if this is going to be your signature scent. However, if you are like me and buy several bottles of perfume a month, $70 for the smallest bottle is a little steep for something I might wear once a week, maybe.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I like the scent of the current Miss Dior. I cannot compare it to the others, tho. First whiff-is it fruity, a gourmand or a moss before settling into such a very pleasing scent?
It's very "Pink" in my mind and has a feminine feel to it. Kind of a whimsical fragrance to me.
It seems to slide right through from top to bottom so quickly I can hardly have time to appreciate its notes. Patchouli comes on quickly, a quality, thick, sticky green-leafed one that I can appreciate.
Unfortunately, Miss Dior doesn't stick around for too long. She jumps through her run as a perfume more like a cologne for me. An hour and a half and the muskiness that had settled is gone. All gone. Such a shame for a very pretty scent that I would have liked to own if it only had good longevity.
Miss Dior is classified as a floral chypre, but for the life of me, I just don't see that categorization. It is too weak on the mosses and doesn't have enough darkness to it.
While it lasted, I did enjoy it, tho, but I can't see re-applying every hour or so.
I've now acquired Miss Dior Cherie 2005 so I can make a comparison. I would still use the word whimsical for this perfume. But Miss DIor Cherie had more body to it, more oomph, more substance to it. It lasts for hours. The strawberry, the popcorn, the caramel, there's just more to it. You can savor it and actually pick out the notes because there is more meat to the 2005 version. Such a shame the perfumers had to change the composition of a beautiful perfume constantly. I do like the 2005 version over this one.

vnic
vnic

I belong to the minority. i actually LOVE this new version, it's classier, more elegant and not too sweet like MDC. This one has just the right amount of sweetness. It is a ver addicitng scent. I i have been wearing it every day for the past month and when i try to switch perfume i just end up using this one again. This version reminds me of a crisper, fresher, more juvenile version of coco mademoiselle (the dry downs are almost the same). LOVE

BrigitaGaf
BrigitaGaf

Once sprayed, it's so delicious hints at, but no train, no one around is not complimented him, unless I have to step 5 minutes.Ant wears clothes, and keeps hair seems fine, but still they are too weak, dior is expected more and are distressed abstaining le parfum, it certainly would have been better their compliance.
Conclusion: smell good, but mild.

tijgetje

I did a review at MD Le parfum but I was wrong, I own the ' eau de pafum ' ;-) ( all these bottle's look so the same ) Anyway, I tested Cherie 2 years ago and didn't like it at all (because of the jasmine and my hormones I guess ) But this one is a Masterpice to me!! It's a warm and beautyful rose smell on my skin. Hardly any jasmine (now I do like it) and there is this perfect blend with patchouli (witch I normally also don't like but now I DO ) .... It has a long lasting power on my skin , about 8 hours at daytime. I do like to wear this one at daytime but I think you should do whatever you like. And try it at several times in different seasons. Now the day's here are getting colder and it's a perfect parfum to wear! Thanks CD and Mister Demanchy! Much appreciation for this creation :-0 I do feel playful in love when I wear this, at day when I'm much on my own, in the evening when I'm with my lover, dancing on a party or sitting in front of the fire place.... hmmm :-0

NoireFox
NoireFox

I don't care what anyone says, the original formulation of Miss Dior Cherie is the best version. Hands down. This new reformulated version smells just like Coco Mademoiselle with that jagged patchouli, sugary jasmine and watery synthetic musk. Its a horrible mess, and just like Coco Mademoiselle, this new reformulation turns coppery.
The original MDC was sweet, honeyed and rich; to my nose it smelled of strawberries, champagne and honey...it was heavenly. And the patchouli was much more well integrated, more rounded. And, not only did it smell wonderful, it also lasted forever.
Original MDC = Ambrosia
Reformulated MDC = Grits

lalaland024
lalaland024

When I first got this, I thought it was classy and elegant, but over time I've realized it's a little too sharp for me. I have a 3.4 oz bottle of this (95% full) up for swap if you're interested. I'm in the US, so if want this I'd love to see what you're offering...

Eos
Eos

The 2012 version of Miss Dior is a nice, wearable scent and deserves to be evaluated on its own merits once in awhile.

I find it to be a slightly aquatic mandarin over a spicy-musky-patchouli base (as opposed to the earthy/dirty kind) with a persistent but indistinct floral accord and a touch of vanilla in the dry down. Aside from the mandarin, I didn't get much of any fruit. In the same neighborhood as Chanel's Chance, but significantly sweeter.

When applied conservatively it would work well in an office setting. If used more heavily it would be a great scent to wear out to a club. The vibe of this scent is fresh, flirty and fun, though I can see how it could read unisex to some. Projection depends on application, but its good. Longevity on my skin is approximately 11 hours with 2 sprays!

A true crowd pleaser!

sorrythistaken
sorrythistaken

I own the 2005 miss dior cherie EDP, 2011 miss dior cherie EDP and 2012 miss dior EDP. I have to say there is a huge difference between 2005 and 2011-2012.2005 is really sweet and 2011 and 2012 is almost the same smell it lacks the sweet smell. I spritz the 2005 on one wrist and 2011 on the other.I can small the 2005 stronger and sweet while the 2011 is less sweeter. Damn i love the 2005 one so much,its the best of Miss Dior cherie.2011-2012 its alright not the best.

Neuphoria
Neuphoria

I hate Dior for doing such a mess. They're upsetting a lot of people! Anyone who had MDC 2005 version knows hat it's way sweeter than this one. I think it keeps getting more floral/mature and classy. This, I LOVE!!! It's very patchouli/floral with a bit of musk then you get a fruity fun appearance which is the Mandarin! It's sexy and classy but not too overpowering which is right up my alley. I'd say it reminds me a bit of Coco Mademoiselle but it's a tad sweeter and has less patchouli. The bottle is so feminine and gorgeous, too.

Yin2112
Yin2112

I surprisingly love this scent. I already had Chanel Mademoiselle in collection and this one is totally alike but more sweet.
For people who own a grumpy nose just like me, give this perfume a try. I normally go with very gently scent, so at the first time wearing Miss Dior EDP, I seemed headache and ignored it for 2 months and a half. those wasted two months and a half.
As summer gone by, I tried the scent again and for that time, it was so perfect. it's not flashy swank, nor sugary sweet but chic and elegant, sexy enough. A beauty indeed of charm and understanding, for women who own maturity and experiences, beautiful, whole, worthy, all on her own.

classy. best use for winter and spring ;)

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

While many are disheartened in how miss dior cherie 2011's formulation has really been stripped down, I may stand in the minority when I say I do enjoy it more. (I found MDC 2011's strawberry note too intense.)
Miss Dior cheerfully greets with a very sweet cup of mandarin oranges with a light syrupy drizzle. Immediately you can smell patchouli, rose, and jasmine contributing to the scent giving it a candied floral patchouli feel. This inital sweetness of the first burst of fragrance never really fades, while the fruityness of the orange does damper down by the dry down. Also note that the musk at the bottom is very clean and not very noticeable.
The patchouli in here is on the gentle side and well blended, although it is strong. People who are put off by harsh spicy patchouli that are in perfumes like angel won't need to take as much precaution. This smells a little bit like oriens by van cleef & arpels.
This fragrance feels feminine, charming, and coy.

melpomeni
melpomeni

Ah, this is a lovely perfume! It just about rivals my love for the Chloe ETP. It is a bit heady though, so use lightly. It's very rich and deep and certainly not a bland ole "patchouli" fragrance. This has class.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

It's nice but the citrus and the patchouli are too heavy here. I'm not a fan of patchouli. For those that are on the same boat, skip this one. The rose is beautiful here, though its overpowered.

aigilia
aigilia

This is one of my favorite..it's so lovely, romantic, elegant and feminine scent..suitable for romantic date..love;-)

nellychick31
nellychick31

I love this perfume - it is sophisticated and romantic. Initially, it came across spicy which I was worried about because I really wasn't looking for an overpowering fragrance. After an hour or so, it became musky and sweet, which was a nice surprise. I do think I will give the EDT as well to see how they compare

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

I like him in all different versions :)
Is now this one :so I use him. Generally the scent much the same lies on me because my daughter always speaks: momy I like as you smell with him , (and these were different versions). I prefer of him on my body than on the clothes. I have also Montale Mango Manga because reminds me the certain note from Miss Dior :)

Ursus74
Ursus74

Honestly; it smells like schnaps... :(

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

I am in love with this fragrance its amazing so elegant and stunning unlike many people im happy that Dior changed the whole Miss Dior Cherie line to Miss Dior and reformulated i have both the new Miss Dior and the 2008 Miss dior Cherie the popcorn note didn't do it for me after a while the Miss Dior Cherie would get annoying to smell but i don't dislike but neither would i say that i absolutely liked it but with that being said Miss Dior Cherie was a very unique fragrance their was no other fragrance like it on the market but i think Dior wanted their own version of coco mademoiselle so they created a new version of Miss Dior which from what people have said it doesn't resemble the original Miss Dior fragrance.
Miss Dior has become my new signature.

Kailas
Kailas

I was given a 2ml sample of Miss Dior (new) Eau de Parfum and I just adored it. It was intoxicating; I couldn't get enough of it. My signature perfumes are Coco and Opium but Miss Dior (new) was something delicious enough to add to my perfume wardrobe. However when I went back to the beauty department and sprayed their tester (also eau de parfum) on 2 occasions I was horribly disappointed to find it just doesn't have the fragrance of the sample! I am so glad I didn't buy it. I am however waiting for the sample to come back in stock to get one and try again. Has this been anyone else's experience with testers and samples?

meama
meama

212) It was an excellent perfume of Jean Carles and Paul Vacher. Now it's a good commercial after an another terrible reformulation of Demachy.
Fragrantica:"The nose BEHIND this fragrance"
yes Behind him as an assassin after his crime

ForrealMe2

Without the caramel popcorn and strawberry note not as intense in this.. i can say i still think its a head above the rest..its smells really good and fresh..when my bottles run out if i had to buy a new one i wouldn't mind buying this new version..its still a very uplifting and sweet perfume that is very classy..it still smells like the core of the perfume..not quite the exact but likeable enough to still enjoy it.

Tiffany4
Tiffany4

I admit that I am sad that they had to take out notes like strawberry and caramel popcorn. But I still had hope that the heart would be the same or at least similar to the one of MDC. I wouldn't say that both the hearts are too similar, but I'll just have to handle it. I still like it, but jot as much as the MDC. One bonus for this is that my family likes it. This is the ONLY perfume that my mom actually likes and approves. She's a bit sensitive to a lot of strong perfumes. I'm thinking of making this my signature scent soon. I'll just have to see how others outside of my family react to the smell. I still find it a nice smell at least.

wallywinthrop
wallywinthrop

I owned the original Miss Dior Cherie in 2007 and while I adored the concept of it, the issue of practical wearing was a problem given that the strawberries and caramel and patchouli became insanely cloying over time and there was no sublety about it whatsoever. What was very nice on a fragrance strip was a bash-in-the-skull bunch of liquid Pixy Stix in a spray and thus I rarely wore it. And I remember smelling it on other girls and noting how COMPLETELY distinct it was and that there was absolutely nothing about it that could be mistaken for soap, lotion, remnants of laundry detergent, someone's personal scent - it was always Miss Dior Cherie and nothing else, that same static mix of strawberries and sterile patchouli.

Fast forward to this one which has elicited another wave of bemoaned nostalgia for the original - although many people were in arms about the 2011 reformulation, at least that version still had the strawberry, which has been more or less replaced with citruses here. But if you are like me, and needed a toned-down version of it, this will fit right into your fragrance wardrobe. I adore this. It reminds me of Vogue magazine perfume strips and the glossy floors around perfume counters - it's light, pretty, still very much part of the newer trend of fruity chypres but nevertheless nice. Infinitely more wearable in my opinion.

naomi.scott
naomi.scott

Turned straight into soap on me. No thanks.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I wrote review on this long time ago but just wanted to mention that this became of my favorite fragrances of all time. Its classy, elegant and suitable for any occasion. I am someone who prefers sweet vanilla gourmands and florals orientals so this is quite a bit of departure for me but I love it.
Because I have so many fragrances, I usually don't get matching body products but I splurged on body milk in this scent. Its truly heavenly and worth the price
I also layer it with White Tea & Ginger lotion and spray from BBW sometimes, I think its a good match:)

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Miss Dior opens with radiant mandarins, fresh and sweet, then mellows into a gentle patchouli-floral drydown. The mandarins are detectable throughout the wearing and give out a jam-like sweetness if sniffed close. The longevity is 7h+ and the sillage is close.

While the 2005 Cherie version is flirty and fun, this latest version is much less sweet, more serious and safer in various occasions, no wonder why some people might be disappointed in the later one. I personally prefer Cherie as I'm more attracted by sweet scents, but Miss Dior itself is still a well-blended fragrance and a crowd-pleaser.

stephis26
stephis26

My friend gave it tonme as a present today in the first smell I tought it was a very ladylike parfum, but when it sets it become very charming and sexy , in the afternoon it became a little bit powdery but in a nice way, very classic and elegant.

MsDana
MsDana

It is a very nice floral, and musky scent, the undertones are amazing on it, it only lasted about 2 hours on me though.

madgefan
madgefan

I have a hard time keeping track of the whole Miss Dior Cherie melodrama. I've never smelt the caramel/popcorn classic but I did smell this one the other day and it's odd yet fascinating. I'm a floriental type of guy so fruitchoulis are foreign territory to me. This perfume is sharp, sweet and pungent at the same time. It smells girly and funky at the same time. Definitely a bolder version of Coco Madamoiselle. I'm considering buying Miss Dior. It's not the type of perfume I'd buy or wear but something about it makes me want more.

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

Well it happens that I do not detect that note of patchouli so sharp (metal) and in almost all chypre I've tried, it seems a very warm scent, feminine, very comfortable to wear, I like that was reformulated, and yes I would like to have it.

I wore it yesterday afternoon at 5, this morning I still smelled: D

timida88
timida88

I belong to minority because i am HAPPY about reformulation and changes in this line! As Miss Dior Cherie came out i had very bad allergy towards that green itchy painful perfume. My colleague wore it once in a week and these were the worst days lol. I never experienced such hate to any other perfume. Now i tested this new Miss Dior and finally i can breathe. I could wear it! There is no any sharp chypre notes anymore and it is suitable to any occasions. But still...Ladies, please don't use it for work, i see it as disrespect to perfume. Have a class and use Dior only for your private special days :)

KamilaD
KamilaD

I love this perfume, it's one of my favorites. Maybe because the bottle is just too precious. By the way, there's a giveaway going on with this perfume, on the site listme.biz, as I already have one, I didn't enter. Anyway, really, this makes me feel like royalty. I love it. :D

millie1980
millie1980

I think this is similar to Coco M, at least in the drydown. This first smelt fresh and of oranges, and it soon turned sweet on my skin - but eventually the sweetness died down. It reminds me of something familiar, perhaps something I smelt when I was younger, but I just can't remember.

This is alright, it's just not rocking my world.

hollyms

Does not smell too similar to Coco Mademoiselle to me. I own them both and don't even consider them sisters. They both have their own big personalities. Coco Mad and I seem to get along a bit better than Miss Dior, but I would never want to be without both in my life.

ellapage
ellapage

When I went out looking for a perfume as a graduation gift for myself, I had many many choices in mind. I wanted to get something classy and sophisticated, but because I couldn't decide which perfume to get I decided to ask the lady at the counter to help me pick one. I ended up getting Miss Dior even though it wasn't even one of the choices I had in mind.

Luckily I haven't regretted one bit and I'm very happy with my "gift" :) I find myself loving Miss Dior more every day and I can definitely see myself wearing this perfume decades from now. It's timeless and elegant for a lady of any age. But don't get me wrong...it's most certainly not an "old lady smell", oh no no, not even a little bit :) It's just what I was looking for!

Here on fragrantica people have voted patchouli as the strongest main note. I do agree that you can for sure smell the patchouli, but it's not over powering at all. All the notes blend in beautifully and create this wonderful chic and romantic scent. I especially love how the florals compliment each other and the Italian mandarin gives this perfume just the right amount of sweetness.

I'm also very very impressed with the longevity of Miss Dior. For example I sprayed this once today and I could still smell it about 12 hours from then. The silage is moderate but that's just the way I like it :)
If you're looking for something chic and sophisticated, I would recommend you to check out Miss Dior.

nijntjes
nijntjes

I love it. It did take me a while to figure out which of the Miss Dior's I have, but hey, I think enough is said about that already ;).
What I like best about this are the base notes. Patchouli, rose, musk. I can't get enough of it! The top notes are floral and with the citrus it's very appealing - but as I said this doesn't give me the wow-factor like the base notes do.
I'm always trying to find a new fragrance that can top this one, but until now without success! I do agree that the overall smell is a bit like Coco Mademoiselle. A few times people asked me if I wore that, while I was wearing Miss Dior. So Coco is next on my list to try out, who knows it will take over the crown? (But I doubt it, hahaha.)

katiesimpsonhair
katiesimpsonhair

I love this perfume it is a slightly more grown up version of the earlier Miss Dior Cherie version. Its always been a favorite of mine. It's sweet and girly and i love the bottle it looks so pretty on your dressing table. I recently made a discovery that the Soap and Glory body wash in original pink smells exactly like it maybe more like the Muss Dior Cherie version. so iv'e started using with the perfume = YUM :))

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Hmmmm usually when I see something being compared to another fragrance I usually doubt it but this really does smell like Coco Mademoiselle EDT. A little smoother(maybe?)and less citrus. I prefer the Chanel it works better with my chemistry, plus its a lot cheaper...Though maybe for people who want to like Coco Mademoiselle, but its not working for them should give this one a try. ^_^

l.raratabu
l.raratabu

I hate This one. I want my miss dior cherie back. This one has no playfulness to it. So angry, still angry they changed it. Would pay top dollar to have cherie back in my life

Germany

One of the best scents ever created. I wear this most out of all my scents because its perfect in my opinion. It's classy yet modern. It's young and fresh yet mature and deep. It has everything I want in a scent. It's sweet and super romantic. I have never met anyone that doesn't love it!!!!

asphyxia
asphyxia

I received a sample of this and I couldn't stop smelling it so I went to get it ;) After the initial blast of mandarins, the jasmine lingers for a long time. In fact, this ends up smelling like Chanel No. 5 on me. My colleague also asked me if I was wearing Chanel No. 5 >_< On paper, the 2 fragrances won't smell alike. On me, they are rather similar but Miss Dior smells better.

Chanel No. 5 also contains jasmine so I guess my body chemistry really brought out the jasmine... I used to own Chanel No. 5 and probably the difference is that Chanel No. 5 is stronger and more mature smelling. Whereas the jasmine in Miss Dior smells lighter and fresher.

This has good sillage and lasts for at least 6 hours on me. It is quite concentrated being EDP so I spray only 2 times if not the perfume will be overwhelming. Overall this is not bad and I don't regret buying it despite the high price..it is a mature and ladylike fragrance - definitely not "old lady".

ameals12345
ameals12345

absolutely love it!...i dont know what else i can say about it!.. Used my Shoppers Drug Mart points and scored this lovely perfume! yaaaay for Shoppers!

teilani
teilani

I just finished sampling a couple of scents I didn't care for, and while Miss Dior is not in my top tier favourites, oh my word, this feels like coming home, just a lovely scent that is well-balanced and wearable. It opens gently and matures nicely. A very good antidote to what I was contending with earlier.

Germany

Actually that's what we all miss so much in the newer version , that ist not as sweet I wonder how you would have judged the Cherie version it was a little sweeter yet. I think this is way better and way classier and nicer than Coco Mad. Total Love for me. My signature scent. Best !

modelleigh
modelleigh

wayyy to sweet smelling. its a nice smell but its just soooooo sweet. and impossible to get off. i sprayed it on my wrist and could not get it off even washing it literally like 16 times..

ppl compare it alot to coco mad. .... i see the similarity but como mademoiselle is less sweet and just is way classier.

i wish they would refomulate this yet again and tone down the sweetness factor.

kmlundgren
kmlundgren

I agree with DTTK . . . lovely, but not long lasting . . . Coco Mademoiselle is a better value.

ForrealMe2

Lina: i think the strawberry although not listed is in there its the candy and champagne like notes you don't smell from the old ones because Le Parfum and MDC 2011 reformulated smell so similar its not funny and Miss Dior is the lighter version of Le Parfum so it has to have strawberry in it as when i last smelled it it was the same but soo much lighter and i am sure it is fresher..companies do not always list all their notes but if you smell similarities you have to determine to common factor..i think its the strawberry..and not the buttery popcorn or champagne like notes that is still in it for sure

hollyms

I think there is yet another version out now at Ulta which is not this one on Fragrantica, and sounds exactly like old Cherie to me.... "begins with top notes of green tangerine and strawberry leaves. Mid notes of violette jasmine, pink jasmine, carmelized popcorn, and strawberry sorbet rest atop base notes of fresh patchouli and crystalline musk" (from the Ulta website)

I bought it and most defintely smell strong strawberry, however have never smelled original Cherie to compare. Is this the old Cherie brought back??? I only see this description at Ulta, not anywhere else.

Germany

Bought this today. I think it's sweet and elegant at the same time. It's in the same family as coco mad but I like it a lot better. I had coco mademoiselle and gave it away not my thing at all. Love coco noir and orig coco but coco mad is screechy. This one is a sweet punch and well rounded.

dttk
dttk

I really love the smell of this perfume so much, but it unfortunately doesn't last long!

parisalondres
parisalondres

This is a really good version,nothing too much, not too fruity, not too sweet, not too floral... it is just perfect and friendly!

Takhaet
Takhaet

I absolutely adore this new version of MDC!!!
Its much much better than the previous one- this one is a bit more mature, not so sweet as the previous one and has more sex'appeal than the other one....

Fantastic patchouli and rose with the orange opening . Sweet and sour , very elegant and very feminine. I love it. Perfect for work, date, evening out with friends all year round and many other occasions such as weddings etc. With a nice dress it will make you look stunning <3

I get compliments every time I wear this new version of MDC.

thazinha30
thazinha30

Nice, classy smelling perfume. I sprayed it in the am and at first it is sweet and citrus and crisp and after a while it dries down to a soft, non-offensive powdery/floral smell. I kept smelling my wrist and it lasted all day. If i hadnt ran out of my sample i would've probably reapplied half way through the day just because i love how some perfumes smell when i first spritz them on my skin... will try to get another sample and try a few more days before i decide whether this is worth purchasing or not. So far I like it!

Foxie
Foxie

I was wearing original Miss Dior Cherie for a very long time as my signature, nearly 6 years I believe. I loved it, so unique and special. I bought the newly reformulated version a couple of weeks ago, blindly, and I'm wondering why did they change it? Kind of boring now, although still smells beautiful. I almost thought I had sprayed on my Coco Mademoiselle one day whilst wearing it, but no, this is just nearly identical to Coco. Maybe a bit more fresh. Miss Dior has grown up and I feel that I have grown up with her. I still love her and cherish the scent, but this one lacks the complexity and uniqueness that I crave. It is more classy than the original. Not very sexy. Not very original. But a tasteful scent nonetheless. I do think it has a timeless quality about it.

elena gonzalez

Argentina ladies! like Moï Prüne!!

tourmali45
tourmali45

This new Miss Dior is like a quilt where you reuse grandpa's old shirt and your brother's tee: a lot of other scents are recognizable in this one. Cherie, Chance, Coco, you name it. It's not that new Miss Dior is bad, it's just a potpourri of many other original scents. A short-lived replica, so why bother buying?

To me this was just one more of the fruity-florals that you can smell so often today. There is nothing that makes one recognize that this is Miss Dior and not somthing else. The staying power on me was rather weak too. I used a complete sample up at once and still it was gone after 1 hour or so.

samloves
samloves

Boring! Run of the mill if you like Coco Mad you'll like this.

fabifb
fabifb

Love it!!! :) It's girly, delicate and classy! All I wanted from a parfum!
Also the advertisement is great... I could almost smell this fragrance when watched on TV!! haha

windhill
windhill

As an owner of original Miss Dior Cherie 2005 and this newest reformulation. I have to say that I love the 2012 Miss Dior much much more. The original Cherie was sweeter ,tarter and have some salty caramel undertone. Lovely but quite loud, pungent and sometime I found it a bit cloying. While this new one still smell very similar to the original but more balanced and more sophisticated. I'd agreed with Jackson Spines this version is really unisex with subtle patchouli and delicate jasmine. I wear it and my friend said "your cologne smell good!" Yeah it was.

To me it worth buying. If anyone found the original Cherie was too much maybe you'll love this one.

Iusticia
Iusticia

This Miss Dior is the best of all... Why? The fragrance is perfectly blended- not too sweet, not sour or liquorish (as it was Miss Dior Cherie 2005, a teenager), young sparkling, very very lady like, year around/every occasion perfum, not too retro/old lady scent (as I think it is the case with Miss Dior Le Perfum-I considere it more as Madam Dior)... if you like pachuli scents, thiss is one of the best... It's my signatire now, and it floats around me as a sparkly stardust... Beautifull! I hope Dior will never discontinue this one... Because- this is the real classy, modern, beutifull, confident, lady-like Miss Dior herself!

fighter
fighter

To be honest? I don't like it. It smells too strong on me. I have to say it also gets kind of nauseating.

I can def smell the flowers on it, the roses above all. The drydown is a little bit gentle and warmer, but top and middle notes are always stronger.

I'm kind of confused so many people like this scent. Probabily they are influenced by the power of the legendary brand Dior.

dormir6
dormir6

At first it really reminds me of the Miss Dior Chérie 2005. Very french, very mademoiselle, very tricky and elegant. But it is just a rough sketch of a real thing. Somehow it is too much, like a kind of wine that consists of something sour. It lacks sweetness or depth that could make a better balance. Without this it is just "almost good", but not good enough.

lilou
lilou

Nice, elegant, a "Miss Dior" 2012 with more rose, but always the same. It smells like Coco Mademoiselle - Chanel, and other nice patchouli fragrances. So I won't spend money for something I already had. I'm disappointed.
My favorite one is Miss Dior Chérie - 2005 and it seems to me that other "Miss Dior" do not worth it.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I received a sample of this in my order from Sephora. To be honest, I had a preconceived notion that I wasn't going to like it all that much for some reason. To my surprise and delight, I loved it! It's soft, smooth, understated, warm, unique and sophisticated. Very beautiful indeed! I already have a bottle of the 2011 Miss Dior Cherie and haven't even tried it yet. From what I gather it's a little sweeter than this, having the additional note of strawberry. I'm not sure if I will like it any better than this one or not. Nonetheless, I would not hesitate to buy a full bottle of this. I find this version easily unisex and a man would have no trouble at all pulling it off. One of the best newer scents I've tried in awhile!

elena gonzalez

Airports reminds! me to buy it and it smells delicious and elegant. That lasts all day chic and festive for lucky women!! strange strawberry honey rather.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

Miss Dior Smells a bit gourmand. I gotta admit this perfume is one of the best jasmine citrus combo notes i have ever smelled. I get a similar feel of sense when i smell flowerbomb. I assume it is because of the patchoulie.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This is a diluted version of Cherie....... not even worth buying.... no one will remember you if you wear this one..it can be mistaken for a dozen light perfumes.

fdmc
fdmc

Miss Pain was thought parauma elegant young
woman, cheerful and romantic.
This
fragrance conveys enjoyment of life, freedom
and seduction.
A fragrânciacaracterizada by a
captivating charm.
Your smell is fresh and
fruity at the same time intense and
surprising.
I love it and recommend it.

mendosita
mendosita

I never really liked the Miss Dior Cherie edp or edt at all. But suddenly I started to love this one- it is the ligher and more delicate version of Miss Dior Cherie, it has more fruits, the patchouli base is not stron at all, it will probably be loved even more than MDCh.
The longevity is poor IMO- 3 hours and the scent is gone. Sillage is soft.
Good summer fragrance.

lolitavanilla
lolitavanilla

I really did enjoy the sample of the 2011 miss dior cherie I recieved, but by the time I went to purchase it there was yet another reformulation. This is very good though. Not as musky as the 2011 and it is not as strong probably because of the citrus notes. I found the 2011 to be more deeply romantic an intimate perfume, which I prefered. The citrus in this makes it fresh and less serious and the strawberry is definetly missing. It is not bad just different. Wish they would have simply given it a different name in the series instead of completely getting rid of the 2011. Give it a try if you prefer fresher scents :)

advabart
advabart

I'm not impressed at all by this one. With mandarin overpowering the whole composition, not much chance is left for the other notes to show up. I've tried hard to detect some patchouli or musk, but to no avail. It should have better been labled "floral-fruity".
On my skin it lasts up to 3 hours, before it turns sour. Very disappointing...

foxy_princess

Tried this perfume yesterday... Oh my goodness! I think I am in love :( it still has that citrusy patchouli sweetness to the 2005 Miss Dior Cherie, and that elegant floral quality to the 2011 formulation, but this one is like a combination of both (to my nose), without the sugary popcorn notes which I used to like. Looking back, I'm not exactly missing out on much not owning the 2005 EDP because I really like this reformulation and there are still similarities. I dunno, maybe because I'm maturing into a young woman my taste is changing... It lasted 8 hours on my skin. This perfume works its magic after the 1st hour of drydown. Everything merges together beautifully. I've come to know about myself that I love well blended patchouli perfumes, and this is one of them.

arrode
arrode

I wrote a bad review for Miss Dior, but I think I was smelling "Miss Dior Le Parfum" (in this database) and not this one. I really hate that these perfumes all have such similar names because they smell so different and I was bashing one without realizing it wasn't the same perfume! So frustrating! Anyway, this perfume is light and smells lovely. The jasmine is noticeable, the mandarin is noticeable. I get a hint of rose, but nothing overwhelming. The patchouli, though present, isn't overwhelming. This is a great date perfume, day perfume, or office perfume. Not annoying at all.

ranchorita
ranchorita

Pretty. Pretty. Pretty.

Ditto what antswife just said.

I smelled a handful of new fragrances at the counter in the department store and decided this was the one worth further investigation, so I tried this on my skin. I then proceeded to the dress department and found three gorgeous frocks that fit me perfectly and were on sale. I could do no wrong, for a short while. This may or may not have been because of the perfume, but it certainly sweetened the sensation of finding the perfect fit not once but thrice. Yes, I bought all three.

Longevity seems medium on me, and the sillage is arm's length, so you won't be clobbering a whole room if you wear Miss Dior. I also love that I'm not getting a powdery effect with this one. I'm so tired of powdery when I'm not expecting it.

This is light, lovely, and I could see Miss Dior as a year-around fragrance. This is the one to wear with your pearls, twin set and tasteful wool trousers. The patchouli and musk are substantial enough that the florals and citrus don't tip over into a domineering range, but you also won't be redolent of voo-doo love pit. Very lovely.

antswife
antswife

I like this. Sweet, light,airy. I could see this being a year round fragrance. Light enough for summer without being nauseating. I can see this being in a class with Coco Mademoiselle.

foxy_princess

Seriously! How many more times is this perfume going to be reformulated?!
Arghh my head's gonna explode from all this confusion!

Alexandrarae

There is no strawberry in this any more - I could cry! Don't understand why people are saying strawberry/citrus note. I tried it again at department store in town yesterday and as hard as I try I just miss that strawberry so much! It just doesn't have the "personality" that it had before - it was different and flirty and fun (and I am 71!) I know I am not alone and that there are many others out there who miss this particular ingredient - it's a shame they can't have a "range" of Miss Dior Cherie's listing the ingredients that are in it so we know just what we are getting! Very very disappointed.

terezie
terezie

As much as I like the new one I think I liked the old one better. I still get strawberry-citrus opening which develops into nice floral. I don’t find it less sweet than the original MDC. It is a different sweetness to my nose though, more like cane sugar not like the original MDC caramel. I definitively get more amber in the dry-down (even though it is not listed here).

Juliana6

It was a cold december night. She was waiting for him to say goodbye at the bus station before leaving (they lived in different cities), she had still about 1,5 hours left, so she entered in the "Douglas" just to pass the time. She was given a tiny sample of this scent. She didn't buy anything, she wanted to return to the station to see if he was there. Before that, she sprayed one spritz on her fur collar of the coat and forgot the sample in her pocket.

He didn't come. No call, no sms. She was disappointed and sad. Tears under the stars.
The buss arrived, she took her place, her eyes were wet but something hugged her warmly, comforting and inviting- this scent from her collar. She looked out of the buss window and there he was. He had come too late, the bus was about to leave. But he was there, he had come to wave her goodbye. She started to cry. She inhaled the scent and hugged him in her thoughts.
She found the sample in her pocket and knew- she will get more than 1,2 ml.
Memories, promises, elegance, love, tenderness and hope above all.
It's beautiful modern chypre with some sweet berries and citruses. I would call it a bit woody too. Sparkling, enchanting and full of life. It will lift your spirit high even if you are so very sad. When I smell it, I go back to that night. Warm perfumed embrace. Love it!

s_athena
s_athena

Tried this one at Sephora yesterday. I already own the beautifully sexy amber MD Le Parfum, and have tried the 2011 Miss Dior (which is basically to me a much weaker version of the Le Parfum that wasn't worth buying), but have not tried the 2005 Cherie that appears to be the holy grail for a lot of people on this site. Take my review with this in mind.
Based on what people have said, if this is not as sweet as the 2005 Cherie I'm pretty sure I would find that version too cloying for my nose. This Miss Dior smells plenty sweet to me, and the mandarin almost reads as strawberry-like (strawberries do have a lot of citric acid, same as citrus fruits). Thankfully the sweetness is well-balanced enough with the patchouli though, and the jasmine and rose isn't too too sweet either. I get the Coco Mlle comparison, but this is not nearly as sour on my skin. This reads to me like a less-syrupy, more youthful version of my beloved Le Parfum - a rendition for daytime, if you will. Another chic choice for the Want list!

Alexandrarae

I still miss the strawberry!!! It made the perfume extraordinary. This new one is like hundreds of others. Citrus, Rose,Jasmine & patchouli - dime a dozen!

Shwets
Shwets

I am reviewing this in the edt version which reminds me of how coco mlle was in edt before the reformulation about 12yrs ago.

The perfume version is a syrupy patch nothing like the edt. Similar to Miss Dior Cherie le parfum

Frances321
Frances321

I like this new version of Miss Dior but it is very similar to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. I have sprayed one on my right wrist and one on my left wrist and can hardly tell them apart!

hegvie
hegvie

I have the original 2005 version and this newest Miss Dior version. I know a lot of reviewers loved the original and for that reason hate this new one. But as someone who came into perfumes only about a year ago, I was able to meet both the old and the new around the same time. I didn't become attached to one before the other came along. I have to say that I LOVE this new formulation! It's sweet at first, but in a more grown up way than the original. The original has a syrupy quality to it, where this one is more about citrus and patchouli. This is the fragrance that made me a patchouli convert. I think it's well blended enough that the patchouli enhances rather than overpowers.
This is the scent of a woman like me. It's sweet, but sophisticated. It's peaceful and strong. It's classic and new at the same time.

lordnuey
lordnuey

I was willing to hate this formulation the first time I smelled it based on the negative reviews from the other reviewers. I was dead wrong! A lot of people dislike this formulation cause Dior remove those sickly sweet notes, caramel and popcorn to be exact. I have an on and off with this perfume for years. I buy it and I sell it, I regret selling it then I buy it. I have tested every reformulations and I've to say there was something off about those previous formulations. They all have serious sweet fruity floral scent which was from the caramel and popcorn. I found them too strong for my taste. Too sweet too deep in not a good way.

Dior seems to aware this fact so they tried to emancipate those sickly sweet from their one of the most successful fragrance, and I've to say they succeeded it this time. The smell is much like the original except as it progresses the sweet tone down A LITTLE, just a little in a way that's well balanced. They add more patchouli for some sexy and sophistication. To me all the previous Miss Dior Cherie seem like a chic girl who are stylishly overaccerized herself, and her motto from her fashion sense is more is more. While this MCD seems like a more grown up, she's still love to dress but he know how to tone down and relate to more people. :)

Edit* I forgot to mention that the lasting power is pretty good too! I tested it on a paper along with other fragrances but decided to put this one on my pocket. I kept smelling something wonderful and joyful from me then I realized that it was MD in my pocket! So well done!

mylancome
mylancome

Same as the year 2011 edition, just more patchouli.

petjush
petjush

I love this one! I got it today, first time I tried it I was very disappointed, did not like it at all, but quickly it becomes really pretty and sexy :)

jessamine
jessamine

It smells a little church lady perfumy when you first spray it, but quickly becomes pretty and classic. I love the combo of patchouli and rose.

Pink_Ruffles
Pink_Ruffles

Thanks for adding this, Fragrantica! :)