Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Oud Ispahan Christian Dior for women and men
dislike

oud
Oud Ispahan Christian Dior for women and men Pictures

Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. Oud Ispahan was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Top note is labdanum; middle note is patchouli; base notes are sandalwood, rose and agarwood (oud).

Labdanum

Patchouli

Sandalwood Rose Agarwood (Oud)

Oud Palao
Nassak
Gaiac Mystique

Oud Ispahan Fragrance Reviews

noora18030
noora18030

nothing sound like Oud. very very bad concept and mixture. as a Oud lover. its not worth it at all.
yet its very long lasting and for people who loved it its not waste of money because the smell remains for long time

Taliera
Taliera

I can't deal with how skanky this oud is. It's big. It's full on.

But the rose is big and full on too. And they sort of complement each other...

Then I get a vision of a black tie evening, with two partners dancing together. The Oud is in a black tuxedo holding Rose, who is dressed in a red ballgown, of course by Dior.

Calvini
Calvini

Out of all the big brand rose-ouds, this is probably the dirtiest (in an extremely sexy way with a hint of Dior's own Leather Oud) with a bold rose.
Really has nothing to do with the sweet vanillic Rose d'Arabie; it's also different from Majestic Special Oud (which is closer to Pearl Oud by Kilian). Ispahan has an European-fantasy smoky-leather type of animalic while Majestic (and Pearl) has a more authentic "fecal" type with a sharper brighter rose.

*Although this is my friend's favorite, I personally prefer Leather Oud, plus I'm already married to Tom Ford's Oud Fleur :p

Niche Saint Laurent
Niche Saint Laurent

My fav rose fragrance in my collection. This rose has a swagger and personality about it. Very heavy projection and silliage. Going to have to scrub this off Tomm because I know when I wake up in the morn, this will still be stuck to my skin lol. Christian Dior prive collection For the win!!! My third bottle and I will be getting more.

Freedomlover
Freedomlover

Truly heavenly simple as that pure class.

nikhilsharan
nikhilsharan

A good scent but you can the rooh al assam by rasasi from their luxury boruzz range. This is still synthetic oud. Not multifaceted. Plain boring oud smoky powdery patchouli and rose. 7/10. I expected more from it.

igufran
igufran

@EmmaZumba or any other person who have or tried both Armani Prive Rose D'Arabie and Christian Dior Oud Ispahan, Does it makes sense to buy Oud Ispahan when one already have Rose D'Arabie?

I really like @Lanier's review on both and being balsamic my fav accord I might actually buy, but I cannot get my hands on tester here in Mumbai to try this.

So wants a honest opinion if i should Blind buy this?

EmmaZumba
EmmaZumba

Dior's 'Oud Ispahan' starts off as a very smokey version of Armani Prive's 'Rose D'Arabie'' but that's where the similarities end. The rose then goes completely and the smokey incense also passes after the first 2 hours. What's left is a very authentic Arabian fragrance with oud being the star of the show. It's very similar to Arabian Oud's 'Majestic Woody Intense'. There is no patchouli - I'm surprised it's even listed as a note. It's made with remarkable quality, longevity and silage but as it's slightly on the masculine side, I prefer Armani Prive's 'Rose D'Arabie' as I like the rose and juicy dark blackcurrant tang (without smoke) which makes it slightly more feminine.

MoreScentsThanDollars
MoreScentsThanDollars

Love at first sniff for me also, A lovely creamy/powdery aoud/rose, very well blended, smooth, class, potent, delightful.
A big 10 from me as well. <3

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

A BIG thank you to Waltzing Matilda for her more than generous gift...I share her love of this sensational fragrance. It was love at first sniff, just as well as it lasts & lasts, becoming deeper, darker & more bewitching.A 10/10 from me too.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

After wearing this one for a couple of days, I can't tell you how much I love it. I can't get enough of it and it's made it onto my top shelf. It has beastly projection and staying power. I applied it at 10am yesterday and the this morning after my shower, I could still smell it. It's a monster! Yes, there is that slight fecal note, but it's blended into the background and I can't imagine this fragrance without it. It's a big smelly 10 from me!

tatonnement
tatonnement

Oh my god, this is one of those fragrances that nearly brings me to the verge of tears when I smell it. It's just that good. Only a few fragrances have this effect on me and when I find something that does this, I don't care about the cost or where it is, I NEED to have it. I am a sense driven beast that revels in my hedonistic ways. We only live once, so why not make that life a little more rosy (literally)

When I first smelled oud ispahan out of a sample vial I had to take a minute to process what I just smelled. Then I brought the vial back to my nose and inhaled so deeply I nearly snorted the damn perfume. I wanted this fragrance to find a home inside of me and radiate outwards forever as something I could naturally produce.

This is a masterful blend of rose and oud -it's so smooth and natural. It's beautiful, meditative and light yet it still has that jammy rose vibe. It's a very sweet rose, comforting, like a warm hug from the person you love the most. It's joyful, never heavy. I LOVE my heavy, gloomy rose-oud combinations but this just isn't it. The oud is not medicinal, it's not sharp, it's pure luxury and calmness. It must be the addition of the resin that makes this so approachable. The sandalwood and patchouli are very tame as well, which is SO good in this case. It's like inhaling rose scented air during a warm summer night when all the stars are out and you're at peace by yourself, or in comfortable silence with great company. It dries down to something incredible - smokey rose, resins, incense. It stops me in my tracks when I smell this on someone else passing by. The sillage is perfection, longevity - LONG lasting. You absolutely you get what you pay for.

Oud ispahan turned me onto the other Dior fragrances and while I'm making my way through them I am realizing that they're ALL incredible. I mean if Oud Palao is so similar, I really need to get my hands on that as well.

myra83
myra83

even i owned it 6 month ago.. now my review oud ispahan closed to oud et rose from s.t dupont and also it closed to oud palao dyptique... not much exclusive in there.. for longevity yes i admit great longevity.. but it from my experiance s.t dupont oud et rose more sillage than oud ispahan.. sory dior not a cup of my tea.. i reather choose amouage myths men than dior oud ispahan.

Hazazi91
Hazazi91

If I had to choose one fragrance for life God forbid it would be oud Ispahan. This is art in perfumery a remarkable juice. Dior is my favorite house and they never stop to impress me with such amazing fragrances nothing like it in the game. When I apply this it takes me into olfactory adventure. This is what I call a masterpiece in perfumery. According to the note breakdown I barely get patchouli and labdanum and when I do it so faint and undetected. It opens up with a blast of rose this might be off putting for those who don't like rose but wait for sometime for the rose to settle. This fragrance shines after an hour or so, the combo of rose and oud is blended heavenly and its so delicious!

Rating
Scent. ★★★★★
Longevity ★★★★★
Sillage ★★★★★

H2Ono
H2Ono

wow...i'm liking this more, And more. my oud introduction Along with club de nuit intense women. love the privee collection (At neimAn's)

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

The best rose-oud based fragrance I've smelled to this day! Very elegant, perfectly unisex

indigo
indigo

Gosh, I think there is stacks of IsoESuper in this, once the top notes have dissipated it's the only thing I can smell in OI. I think I'm becoming obsessed with that dreaded "note", it seems to get in everywhere ! This perfume gives me a blinding headache.

dzingunyte
dzingunyte

what can I say about this. beastmode,at least 8 hours of continuous smell on my neck. strong one. my colleague was following me at work and sniffing me :D smells a lot like popular Portrait of the Lady. i liked it,but i would not buy whole big bottle for myself. it's not what i would wear everyday :D

Hashimoto
Hashimoto

Performance: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Lilies and roses 1
Lilies and roses 1

SOPHISTICATED and STRONG masterpiece! Oud Ispahan is the most POTENT fragrance, EXPLOSIVE, addictive with deep dark incense roses!! I never want to be without it, NEVER, ever!!!

landshark321
landshark321

Oud Ispahan is the first in-production Dior Privee I've tried on skin for the first time in a while, and much like its strong reputation, it does not disappoint.

As most can attest, this starts off with a sharp, acerbic blast of labdanum that fades into a rose/oud mix that is softened by the heart of sandalwood along the way.

It is in the family of rose/oud blends that are so commonplace, but the addition of labdanum is what gives Oud Ispahan its own character, a slightly feminine character, in the vein of the cosmetics smell that is a key aspect (for me) of Chanel Coromandel and Dior Homme Intense. It's also slightly powdery so I can see this leaning feminine for most people most of the time, but it's surely unisex enough for men to wear effectively and enjoy. As far as I'm concerned, it dresses up better than it dresses down--I would wear this at night exclusively.

It's a rose/oud scent that sophisticated in both of its key elements. The rose isn't a sweet or heavy rose but rather a relatively fresh, bright rose. And the oud is soft, terribly harsh. It's not a dry desert harsh scent, but rather something moist and welcoming.

Performance-wise, Oud Ispahan is superb. I'll echo that it's tremendous in terms of both projection and longevity. Its power can be polarizing for both men and women, I can imagine. Certainly this should be reserved for colder weather, and might not be ideal for scenarios where you do not want to stand out.

Any rose/oud fans should check this out. Among rose/ouds that I've tried or own, I'd still probably give the edge to Armani Prive Rose d'Arabie, which is simply a little more welcoming, a little better blended in my opinion. Still, Oud Ispahan is surely the favorite of many, and I'll have to try it some more.

8 out of 10

sameh
sameh

Christian Dior Oud Ispahan , all i can say that it's real real oud with every sense of the word , very artistic work as if there is an oud soul & they captured in a bottle , ofcourse it comes along with very good Longevity & Sillage which completes the perfection , so for all OUD LOVERS you must have it.
P.S. the only downside is the price ( espacially the 250 ml size )cause the 125 ml worth in egypt around 3540 l.e & the 250 ml is around 4012 l.e.
P.S. Thank GOD a million time that i still have the large size as a gift.

gillbert
gillbert

rich and finest oud in the fragrance. from top to bottom are patchouli, oud and rose. labdanum is too light and tiny. almost nonidentical. longevity is superb. i put in on tonight and i can smell until tomorrow morning. 12 hours solid fragrance. i say, it's not for everyone. must try before make a purchase. i recommend this perfume for formal occasions. 2-3 spray is enough. less is more. i rate this fragrance 9/10

honestly, i not really fan of oud base fragrance. i made this review just for reference. i like it but not love it....sorry.

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

This perfume represent a powerful and exquisite composition that makes its debut in a dusty rose explosion accompanied by a very sophisticated mix of woods, which can scare you, but after about an hour the oud note makes its presence felt increasingly stronger ... for full three days - so the smell remained in the skin, and every shower seemed like you applied it again.
The quality is at the highest level, but you must be careful when and how you use it because it's a very strong fragrance that can be worn only casual and/or outdoor environment.
It's the best oud based fragrance that I smelt till now.

Fragrance 9/10
Projection High
Longevity 36 h

zamir.azam
zamir.azam

"Uughh, another oud+rose perfume with a high price tag."

That was my first impression. Before I tried it.

"Uughh, another synthetic smelling oud and where is the rose?"

So I continued on experimenting with the other dior's exclusive collection.
I was contemplating on Cuir Cannage or Ambre Nuit. The sales person was kind enough to spray each one of their perfume on the cards for me, but not enough to explain most of the details of the perfume (Wish they were friendlier though).

So I venture off taking the cards with me. Content with the experienced I had.

It was days before I took the cards out and found that the remaining smell on the cards was Ambre Nuit and Oud Ispahan.

To cut it short, I came to store again (a week or two) and after much time consuming decision making, I choose Oud Ispahan.

The burst of colours on the first spray turns me off, but give it an hour or two, it turns beautiful. I dont get that much silage on this, but the longevity is great.

Oud is not that popular from where i came from, and yes, its not bad but definitely frown upon. Made the mistake of wearing this to the office.

I've purchase Oud Palau from Diptyque too a few weeks afterwards, (same concept of oud and rose as the center) and im somewhat heavier on Diptyque side, but from time to time, I do feel the need to re-visit Oud Ispahan for the unique rose in it.

Have this perfume for almost two months now, have a linear experience in it after the first two hours of spray.

Yes its beautiful, but compared to Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood which I only had the chance to try, the rose and oud really is something.

But you get a bigger bottle for the price of a small one from Mr Kurkdjian.

sarabx5
sarabx5

In general, I don't like the rose notes in a fragnance especially when they are accessive.
I tried this one on my wirst and on paper (small card Dior with the name of the perfume on). The equilibrium between oud and rose is perfect and the dry down is "dry" and sharp but not too heavy.

On my wirst it lasts really long time. I don't pretend that there was a strong projection, but well, every time I smell my wirst, the perfume was strongly present.
On paper, 10 days has passed already, and I still enjoy the fragnance. The color of the juice sounds feminin, but it's really in harmony of what you smell.

This one is on my next purchaces list, but it will be for next fall/winter season.

Elegant, classy and .... Dior

I will give a note in all 8/10.

bilal25
bilal25

amidst a plethora of oud scents which have flooded the market oud ispahan is an exception the age old combo of rose and oud have been done to perfection and francois damachy deserves full marks for it one spray of it is all you need for a full day in my country Pakistan we have very hot weather due to which ordinary scents dont lost long enough this is where oud ispahan comes in longevity and sillage are both excellent 10/10 as far as i am concerned

Abo anas
Abo anas

strong fragrance Luxury loved it

Farouhaa
Farouhaa

WOW! One word: stunning! Isphahan is a city located in Iran and this exquisite scent is a true Middle Eastern delight. An oud and rose combination which engulfs the wearer and leaves him / her smelling so elegantly exotic.

This is unisex and I know ladies who wear it but I believe it is better suited to men. That’s just my personal opinion.

On the right man, this could be hands down hypnotic. There is something so very special about this scent that I cannot describe. Quite simply, it is seductive and commands attention.

Imagine two gentleman…one is well groomed and high powered, dressed in the most elegant and stylish Italian suit ready to seal that all important business deal. The other is dark haired, handsome and riding through the Middle Eastern desert on horse. What do they both have in common? Behind them, they leave the most alluring trail scent and that is Oudh Isphahan……

هذا جميل جدا!!

Tremere
Tremere

With the Toronto arrival of Saks Fifth Ave I have a new fragrance temple and have, at long last, had the opportunity to sample Dior Oud Ispahan. Unfortunately, the words have yet to catch up with me. Oud Ispahan is astonishing, a revelation, one of the finest compositions of the highest quality I have ever experienced. It might be perfect after the fashion of a Platonic ideal, an expression of the 'is' meeting the 'ought' and precisely what it is supposed to be. But sadly, much like the collected Mozart or the flawless warbling of Renata Tebaldi, I'm not at all certain I like it.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - patchouli, oud, rose.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

enkhbayar.mishigdorj
enkhbayar.mishigdorj

OMG!!!! Just fall in love fist snip. Even I was keep snipping the empty small sample tube for a couple of months. This is heavenly fragrance! Love it! Finally I own one for my very own. I do understand this parfume is not for everyone. Pour moi: when I wear my Oud Ispahan I feel like I am in rose garden right in the midst of Indian Agar-wood plantation.
This parfume really good on my skin chemistry!

ashraf pm
ashraf pm

First i smell it relly weird,
i thought my 950dhs gone vain,it smells like soft talk powder,as i expected more oud woody,

the_badger
the_badger

What else can I say that has not been said? I just wish the opening lasted longer. Don't particularly like the drydown.

Brache
Brache

Just be careful. One spray, amazing. More than that, you'll be hated!
Extremely powerful, very bold. Superb.

Cochlea
Cochlea

Oud Ispahan
A gorgeous rose-oud fragrance!

The first spray is a balmy leathery-labdanum with a soft rose note. The scent is hypnotizing right from the start. The rose continues to build up on my skin, it is so seductive with soft hints of incense underneath. The rose is prominent on my skin, it is joined in by the dry, earthy patchouli. The beginnings of oud is flirting with my nose. The oud is beautiful and becoming stronger, adding an erotic edge to the fragrance. The oud is dark and medical, it so easy for me to wear. The rose is still present, it is not in competition with the oud, they both support to each other beautifully. There are hints of a lovely animalic note, I assume it is from the blend of oud and the patchouli.

This may not be a unique fragrance but it is very pleasing for me to wear. I am so happy to have a bottle of this, I reach for it often!

It is a compliment getter!

Longevity is about 6 hours and sillage is about arms length.

endge
endge

Oh dear, yes, this smells good - warm, rich, expensive, woody, rosy, oily, yes, yes. What is bad is that it smells almost exactly (very slightly darker and smoother) like something called Istanbul Rose concentrated alcohol free perfume made by Alrehab Crown Perfumes, whoever that is, which I bought from a Middle Eastern stall at a medieval fair in Spain - 3 ml for 5 euros. And I am afraid that's a deal breaker for Dior and me. I will stick to Alrehab Crown Perfumes, thank you.

MysticRose
MysticRose

Selfridges is my favourite store and being born and bred in London I'm there at least three times a week. One thing I've noticed is that Selfridges always has this divine oud smell that is very distinct and I ALWAYS smell it when I'm there or when passing past individuals but I've never known what fragrance it is. Anyway, I was at the perfume counter in Harrods and I picked up a Dior blotter to test Cartier Le Panthere but before I sprayed it I smelled the blotter and much to my annoyance it had been used. The fragrance on it was THAT smell that has been haunting me for the past couple of years. I stuffed the blotter into my bag and went home and the fragrance wafted over to me as I sat revising. I took the blotter out of my bag and kept inhaling, oh this fragrance was amazing but what was it? I decided to go to the Dior counter in Selfridges and I said to the sales assistant: "I'm lookng for a fragrance by Dior that smells like oud" and without hesitation she picked up Oud Ispahan and sprayed it on a card, she turned to me and said: "It's definitely this one". Oh. Hot. Damn. I could have cried!!! I'd cracked the mystery. There it was, my long lost stalker. I had to get it there and then. This fragrance is so smoky, sexy, mysterious and luxurious. It smells like money. The opening is very harsh: On myself the oud hits first coupled with the labdanum and it is a tad nauseating. After an hour or so it softens up and the rose comes through and then it becomes an alluring musky haze that makes me feel like an Arabian Queen.

Tam
Tam

I was in Selfridges in London about a year ago and there was a chap walking in front of me up the escalators who simply smelled divine.I finally plucked up the courage to ask him what he was wearing - expecting him to name some unobtainable attar or similar - but it was Oud Ispahan. Two years later and I've got an ample size decant of this.
Wow. The opening is quite unpleasant on me as the labdanum is so harsh. But within 30 minutes that rich, rose-filled, ballsy fragrance comes through. And it lasts. And lasts and lasts. I have small decant and only need the slightest squirt of it about three times a day. I have a tendency to over apply but even I can tell that this one needs to be handled with care.
This is an iron first in a silken glove. Wearing it makes me feel like a million bucks. Well worth trying if you like heavy roses, ambers and ouds.

kejayy
kejayy

So after following this arabic guy through as store (3 storeys)i finally caught the right moment to ask him what the hell are you wearing he was a bit taken aback as he probably thought i was thinking its too loud (its trail is)he told me about the ispahan - instant love smells classy,rich, well done/composed/mixed (not sure how to descibe the je ne sais quoi) compared to a lot of oudh and roses combos that i've smelled whiffing pass this one stands heads above.

michalc
michalc

Opens up with a bright, sweet and jammy rose/oud combo with some labdanum adding sweetness and some patchouli which has a slight earthy quality but it hides behind the rose note. It backs up the rose, giving it a more realistic feel after the opening when the rose is very sweet. This fragrance ends with a fairly strong and animalic civet note which lasts for a very long time after emerging in the mid.

istvan.buda.779
istvan.buda.779

I put a little dip on my wrist last night at 7 pm since then i took a shower this afternoon and its 8pm and i i can still smell it on my skin and its not even a skin scent , i can still smell it 3 inches from my skin ...this will never coming off of my skin !!!!!

Fragboy702
Fragboy702

This is honestly a very good fragrance also considering the price per ml.i really like the opening but not a big fan of the dry down with that civet note in it. I know it's not in the list but civet I'd defenetly there that's where that animalic side comes from.i prefer maison Francis kurkdijan oud silk mood or Tom Ford noir de noir got a rose oud combo.

Russkaya1
Russkaya1

OMG!!!
I found a new favorite, which I'm sure, will be my scent for years to come since the bottle is so HUGE:)
When I got a sample at the Dior Boutique I wasn't crazy about it. It was just another oud scent and nothing else to me. But in about 10 min it changed on my a in and I got hooked.... This scent is very well balanced.... It's strong but not screaming... And it lasts a whole day on me which is not very common... It seems that a lot of scents are gone within couple of hours from my skin without a trace. When I wear it I feel dirty in a sexy way... And I feel very classy and expensive.... It's very feminine when I wear it and I feel it could be worn by men as well as it has some masculine side to it....
I get ton of complements wearing it. Today a guy was following me around a supermarket and he admitted that he was drawn by a magical smell.... I guess it's the best complement.
But as any perfume you should test it on your skin prior purchasing it, especially it's not the cheapest one....
Hope you'll love it:)))

shirazia
shirazia

Its an amazing beauty.. surely a masterpiece.. very complex, enjoy the animalic play which runs deep during the dry down...

Expensive but surely worth every penny..

This one also reminds of Oud Touch by Franck Olivier..
Our Touch is a wonderful perfume for less than USD 25... amazing smell, superb projection and very long lasting...

Insensé
Insensé

The first time I tested Oud Ispahan (without much expectation given that being fan of oud had tested enough), it was in Paris in April weather, at Galleries Lafayette. Imagine how, in perfume section thousands of smells permeating the environment, so only a few hours and then tested various perfumes began to notice something amazing and outstanding.
Would be which one?
A friend of Fragrantica sent me, a few weeks later, luckily, a sample of this, and, miracle, was such, as I suspected!
Yes, the one of that rainy and magic day of Paris, which ended in a wonderful late afternoon at Olympia Café taking an aperitif, continuing to follow a perfect dinner the best steak tartare I've ever eaten in a bistrot in the Marais, and finally come to my hotel room beheld this smell that lingered from the first moment.
Became the end of my quest for the perfect scent, my Holy Grail!
Dry. Intoxicating. Exotic rose but not of bouquets, yes the one you can smell in the hot fields of Iran. And finally oud used subtly (but not hidden) in a fascinating scent of choice in fine tradition of Western school.
Compliments? Immense. Known and unknown women, mainly. Makes me feel the Suskind’s character.
There are many ouds I like. One day I will speak of them here. But for now, this is the one to which I will be eternally faithful. And I've never been a faithful guy ;)

rayt
rayt

Got a decant of this and am loving it!!! So much better than montale's screeching loud synthetic black oud. Oud ispahan is stunning!

adrian.meeks.35

The dry down is almost identical to Graphite OUD by Montana..

fetishforperfume
fetishforperfume

This one hurt my nose when I sampled it. It screams, it's harsh and the oud was shooting spikes up my nostrils. OUCH! I hate it with a passion. It smells nearly identical to Velvet Aura by The Fragrance Kitchen, the same harsh, potent oud note. I only get a little amount of rose and barely any of the other notes. Just astringent, almost peppery oud. YUCK. I preferred Dior's Leather Oud as it was smoother, softer and more wearable on my skin.

alxkwst1996
alxkwst1996

Oud Ispahan is a beautifully, well composed fragrance. The smell is very addictive and alluring. Not only that, but it also has excellent performance. Projection on me is definitely way above average, and the longevity is just beastly! I can still smell it on me well into the next day. This is one of the best offerings from the Dior private line.

My Rating: 9 out of 10

Rio Cappuccino
Rio Cappuccino

So light,rich,smooth just pure art.

phanhtofu
phanhtofu

To me, this is the best offer from Dior ever. Yes, I'm calling all Dior fans to try it out and give it sometimes. I sprayed it on my wrist and went to bed and woke up for some shower next morning with very clear and dried Oud scent. Still stayed very close to my skin afterthat. Love the drydown as well as a intriguing openings. I'm willing to let them have my money with this creation. Currently, I'm so in love with 3 Oud scents which are Tomford Oud wood, Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Ete and This Oud Ispahan.

loulouicmoi
loulouicmoi

Magnifique !! Pour homme et femme, un vrai succès.

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

this is an exclusive oud/rose perfume, probably one of the better oud/rose scents around.

5228r

This is a very potent perfume, so I decided to mix it up with dior homme, what it did was to take both of them to another level, my friends that complain about oud ispahan that it's very potent are now telling me this is the best perfume they have smelt in a while that it's very unique.
All I can say is Dior is a power house, every perfume or spray I have gotten from them sound like a well composed music.

missan
missan

I´m not saying this is bad, I sort of like it. It just feels unnecessary as there are so many really good arabian attars that I think are much better.

chain
chain

I absolutely love this fragrance...Got half a bottle full from my brother,as l have been unable to purchase any perfume this year due to cash flow...amazing fragrance.

theladymay
theladymay

This smells expensive, opulent and sexy. Pungent oud, silken soft, lightly sweet Turkish Rose. Rich sandalwood, lush labdanum, smoky incense, patchouli sing in a truly gorgeous harmony here. Yeah, oud and rose has been done many times - like cookies and milk, it's a combination lots of humans find pleasant. This is a beautiful, exceptionally high quality western take on the theme. The rose here is not loud or too feminine for a man - it's definitely a unisex fragrance. Sillage is excellent and it lasts forever. Highly recommended for oriental aficionados.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Oud Ispahan mix the feminine and the masculine, the west with the east, the delicacy with strength.
A combination where the rose brings a silky look and blends the medicinal aspect of oud, intense and raw, as if in a fight with the flower, but patchouli always gentleman, softens with his woody tone calms all with an earthy and camphor kind of vibe, comfortable, almost velvet.
It is noted reconciled a dry, smoky aspect may be the sandalwood contact the previous chord, which for me is what makes this different scent and also an intriguing aroma that makes us travel through our nostrils, the power of this fragrance is amazing and your scent, differentiated in these infinite combos of rose/oud.

pravda48
pravda48

I'm somewhere between laughing & shaking my head at all the 'IT STINKS!' complaints on here. It's oud, patchouli, and labdanum, guys; that's how it's supposed to smell!

Not a pussycat oud by any means, nothing candied, or gentle, or feminized by being drowned in berry-toned roses here. You can distinctly smell the same oud/labdanum as in Dior's (in)famous Leather Oud here, but more restrained w/o the civet and leather, and more patch. The patch has kind of a bite to it, a drier mix overall w/ the same spicy dry profile as, say, Boadicea's potent patch mixes.

But that oud, though! Mmmm. Delicious skank at its best. Tangy, potent, and borderline raunchy, this is a scent for the tart, almost bodily-scent oud lovers to enjoy.

Anyone looking for yet another rose/patch w/ the gentlest hints of oud sweetened w/ undisclosed vanilla and sugar notes, steer clear. I love it, as I love Leather Oud, but this one's a tad more wearable. The only complaint I have is the back-of-the-throat bite I get from it at the end of an inhale. (the patch or the oud?) Makes it a bit hot/sharp in the aftersmell, but I keep coming back for the front-loaded oud tang each whiff brings.

Dark-X
Dark-X

This one literally has a stink in it.

Right now I'm avoiding bringing the back of my left hand close to my face because Oud Ispahan is on it.

This fragrance is not worth its price at all!

Listen to me for a moment. Choose your perfume by your nose, not by its name, designer, or price. Even people recommendation sometime fail miserably.

Just because this is "oud" & "Dior" doesn't make it beautiful automatically.

I am disappointed.

If you can't get your hand on real, Arabic oud fragrances, try Montale.

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

Strongest scent from a designer house.

Since this is still Christian Dior and since they are designer, this scent is still a designer scent. Their high end privee collection do well. Oud ispahan is their second take on oud with rose.

I want to say that, this is very impressive fragrance. You want to strong and bold scent ? you found it. Turkish rose, oud and geranium is dominant notes.

Fragrance opens up with 3 main notes but geranium is the most dominant at the beginning. Geranium give that 80's powerhouse fragrance vibe to this beauty for an hour. Also geranium gives very mature vibe to it. Turkish Rose takes over after geranium dies down. Oud is here for life time of the fragrance.

Ispahan is very strong. It screams, it tells everybody that I AM HERE. This fragrance lasted around 16 hours on my skin. months and months on cloths. It projects well 6 hours and very big sillage on the skin. If you are indoor, it might even pass the 6 hours range.

Oud ispahan was little too mature for my taste but this is a remarkable fragrance from Christian Dior. It is truly unisex. maybe 51% at the women side but a man can easily wear this fragrance.

SuadKhamis
SuadKhamis

I didn't like it all! There are many many many perfumes from many brands that got a perfume same as this smell and they could even smell nicer with way cheaper price!

Alimokhtar
Alimokhtar

داداش اين عطر عاليه حرف نداره والسلام

Skylop
Skylop

I LOVE this fragrance! Been wearing it for about two months, and the craziest thing happened yesterday. Two usual spays behind both ears and that was it. I was it a car, my friends smelt the perfume from about 5-6 meters! Then everytime I was moving they couldn't stop complimenting me. The sillage is enourmous !! The longevity is a killer !

GREAT FRANGRANCE, DEFINITELY WORTH THE PRICE !

Dusty520
Dusty520

The opening is a bit rough, but as the dry down takes place it gets soft. You have to grow to love this one.

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

another pearl in the line of the very sensual company's fragrances!!! Iloved...

megrim
megrim

An absolute powerhouse of a fragrance.

If Oud Ispahan were a person, I imagine she would be an older lady, European, classy, born into money - but with a wild youth behind her of travels through India and the Middle East. A history of pot and incense and beads and lovers of both genders. Now settled into a kind of peaceful wisdom. Heavy with expensive fabrics, jewellery and wine.

As a fragrance, Oud Ispahan is quite linear. A smooth-as-silk rose/oud combination with a dry, dusty incense-like back palette. It smells thick, rich and shockingly expensive. The patchouli here is one of the best done I've ever encountered. It remains soft and smooth, grounding the scent with an earthy warmth without ever straying into that particular scratchy, harsh patchouli vibe that is all too common.

Neither the sandalwood or labdanum are standouts, but shimmer away in the background, lending a softly smoky incense accord that is simply beautiful.

This is heavier on dry, dusty rose than it is on medicinal, sharp oud. Completely unisex, strangely timeless. A true joy in an increasingly bloated catagory of rose/oud fragrances.

Performance is absolutely stellar. Sillage fills half a house and lasts for an eternity. I wouldn't call this office safe, even warm weather is a push. The upside is Oud Ispahan is not shrill in its nuclear sillage, but rather soft and enveloping.

Enjoy in moderation.

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Türkiye'de kesinlikle hacı misine benzetilecek ve burun kıvrılacak bir koku. Çünkü böyle gül, öd ve ağaçsı kokulara çok alışkınız. Özellikle yurdumun parfümden anlamayan veya zevkleri ferah kokulara sempati duyan insanlarına kesinlikle sıradan veya uzak durulası bir his veriyor. Kendiniz için parfüm kullanan biriyseniz kesinlikle çok kaliteli bir koku. O garip öd ağacı kokusu ile gül kokusu çok güzel harmanlanmış.Tam olarak gül kokmuyor ama diğer kokular da gül kokusunu bastırmıyor. İkisi de bence çok kaliteli olarak harmanlanmış. İki kokuyu da birbirini yok etmeden alıyorsunuz.

Günlük kullanıma uygun değil. Özel bir yapısı var. Sıcak havalarda boğucu olabilir. Kışlık bir koku. Tek kötü tarafı halkımızın bu kokulara çok alışkın olması sebebiyle özel övgüler almayacağınız.

Kendiniz için alıyorsanız muhteşem bulmanız muhtemel ama başkası beğensin diye alıyorsanız ülkemizde sıradan bulunur. Kalıcılığı çok yüksek. Gün boyunca kendini hissettiriyor. Kapalı veya sıcak ortamlardaysanız ve kıyafetinize kullandıysanız koku tüm ortama yayılıyor.

Gül kokularını seviyorsanız, gül suyu gibi kokmadan güzel bir parfüm arıyor ve çevrenizin hacı misi benzetmesine çok aldırmayacaksınız bulabileceğiniz en kaliteli harmana sahip bulduğum kokulardandır. Ben beğendim. 30 yaş üstü bayanlara ve erkeklere yakışır.

Bence günlük ve spor kıyafete uymaz. Zaten Türkiye'de satan yer bulmak pek mümkün değil ama bir şekilde bulur ve alırsanız nefret ile aşık olma arasında her tür tepkiyi göze alın. Ergen yaşlarda veya çok genç arkadaşlara hiç önermem. Kendi zevkiniz için evde kullanın diyeceğim ama o zaman da bu kaliteli harmana yazık edersiniz. Anlaşıldığı üzere pek Türkiye'ye göre değil. Koku ile bir şeyler amaçlıyorsanız Türkiye'de bu kokuyla size ekmek çıkmaz. :)

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum

craniumbash
craniumbash

My favorite rose-oud combo so far with a light dirty note(barn yard-fecal kind of smell).
It is long lasting and heavy projection wise and I don't say it lightly because of the tester strip I got for it was projecting 3-4 feet away on a table..... after more than a week!!. Bought it the second day because it's hard to come by around here and I just love it.
I find it more versatile than some of my other perfumes but in my opinion the ideal setting would be black tie events and dinner parties in the colder seasons.
A definite must try for anyone who finds the more traditional oud-rose combo annoying and boring like I do. Another one I love from the dior privee line after the more sophisticated Ambre Nuit.

jays786
jays786

I Don't get much rose out of this fragrance... mostly oud and incense so ill not be buying a full bottle but definitely worth sampling.

shahinsajjadi
shahinsajjadi

In my opinion best Oud Rose mixture.

Muzoona
Muzoona

عطر عود اسباهان تجربة فاشلة من ديور للاسف, انا لا اؤيد ابدا خلط العود مع الورد . كلا العود و الورد لهما شخصيتان منفصلتان فالاول ينتمي الى رائحة الاخشاب القوية جدا, و الورد ينتمى الى رائحة الزهور القوية جدا و خلطهم يعد جريمة لا تغتفر. لم افهم العطر و لا استطيع استخراج جماليته ابدا. لا انصح بشراءه لان الخلطة مزعجة. و شيء ثاني لا افهم اسم العطر عود اسبهان ربما يقصد فيها مدينة اصفهان الايرانية و لا اعرف ما علاقة العود بهذه المدينة. حتى اختيار الاسم فاشل.

Rose and Oud in same bottle !! No NO No, Oud is very harsh woody smell and Rose is very intensive flower. I don't understand why mixing these two monsters, it makes unpleasant smell winch has no identity or character. big annoying to the nose, with the price oh! defenetly No.

Another fault. What the name to do with the perfume ?! i don't think there is anyone know about oud in that city?!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Oud Ispahan is another glossy, sophisticated, particularly silky and clean Western oud-inspired scent, with not much left of the original, animalic “dirtiness” and rawness of Far East’s precious (rotten) gem. Here, the oud note is basically only a tamed-down and polished sort of “dark-smoked” woody note, as scary as a piece of cedar in a Halloween dark costume. Not much else apart from the “mandatory” rose note so many oud scents seem to require these days – I guess to make it softer, trendier and more unisex; and a note of patchouli, basically an earthy-dusty flavor of cocoa floating beneath woods and rose. Despite having not much to do with proper agar wood, Oud Ispahan is undoubtedly a refined, pleasant, luxurious scent exuding “contemporary chic”, with just a hint of trendy shallowness – far superior to Montale stuff, for instance, and many other synthetic ouds we’re used to. This smells a bit artificial too, but somehow classier. Oud lovers may want to stay away from this, while it may suit fans of “French luxury” which want to “smell expensive” with a touch of dark exoticism. The price is surreal for the quality but I feel that wouldn’t be a concern of the average “exclusive” Dior’s lines customer.

6,5-7/10

brotha oud
brotha oud

oud and ispahan how could you possibly go wrong with this one? the opening assails your senses with a sweet woody labdanum aroma followed by a sensuous enveloping of your senses by precious rose absolu and ending endlessly with deliciously dark oud and santal. All Praise to the Most High. A precious, intimate, passionate scent indeed. Most suited for deep meditation, tantric love, romantic interludes, dangerous liasons... and the list goes on...

[email protected]
kfadhel@hotmail.com

ROYAL PERFUME

OudLover84
OudLover84

I adore this fragrance. Its an elegant mix of Oud and Iranian Roses. I love the balance of the Rose & Oud combo, infact I think I may be slightly addicted to it, so much so that I wear it to work every other day. It feels so luxurious they way this perfume sprays. The silage is amazing, I can have a bath and still smell this on my skin afterwards.

GMK
GMK

A deceptive compostion, starts very feminine with huge dose of Rose and Oud and for a reasonable course of time Rose intacts its presence but finally transforms into a very animalic and masculine scent which can mostly be enjoyed in a cold weather, the dry down is very lush,smooth and well rounded, overall a thick and dark offering in a pink presentation.

Estebanz
Estebanz

Creeping into my top 10 favorites of all times, my newest acquisition, first high end designer fragrance that makes it into my "Kings of the Jungle list", I'm serious people, this is way up there with some of my Xerjoff's ,this stuff kicks ass.
Dior took the beast that is Leather Oud and made some changes to create this beauty, better known as OUD ISPAHAN.
This composition puts 90% of the Niche fragrances on the market today to shame, crying on the corner, and I feel like I'm being generous, since that percentage could go up to 95.

paranoidandroid
paranoidandroid

I really really want to love this fragrance- and for a while, I do. However, like civetted and ConiferLover, I find the synthetic wood chemical (I hesitate to even call it a note) in this to be too much. It isn't very present in the beginning, but then grows in strength till it is practically nuclear in strength. Even with very moderate application, this one note comes really close to completely ruining this fragrance for me.

Those who have watched Terminator 2 with the IncredibleMeltingMetalMan may remember he scene where he converts his hand into a metal spike to impale a poor cop. This smell does the same to my nose. It feels deeply penetrating, metallic and spiky. The world hums and throbs, and not in a good way, if I wear even a drop extra.

One thing I have noticed is that in very hot weather, this note actually calms down a bit- but then you are sitting in a animalic pool of oud, amber and rose and smelling the attar seller who hasn't had a shower in a week.

Another option is the lightest of sprays. Of course, with this option, you miss out on the incredibly delicious rose note.

No winning with this one. At the rate at which I am using this, my bottle will last me 3~4 rebirths.

CDGfan

Potion and Oud Ispahan are very different.
These Fragrantica features are very dubious.

Oud Ispahan is an animalic oud with rose , patchouli and sandalwood, it dries down to a very woody scent.

Potion is nice but its no Oud Ispahan.
Potion is tobacco, a strong rose note and incense, with
tobacco and a synthetic pink rose being the main players.

Camel_UK
Camel_UK

Stumbled across this at Dubai Duty Free after several of my choices were out of stock I was going to opt for something cheap and cheerful, I was pricing Farenheit when the I got talking to the Dior rep about the disappointment of Oud Wood (Tom Ford) and no 70 (Designer Shaik) both being out of stock and I wanted something a bit different preferably with Oud in it, he went on to tell me he had just the thing, he opened up a drawer which had the complete Dior private collection inside, I tried Leather Oud (which was nice) then this, and it is lovely. The Rose/Oud combination is just perfect, but definately a manly scent. The projection is enormous and When I'm out women always want a sniff and ask what I'm wearing!!................. but then I wear it for me..........appreciation from others comes secondary, though it makes me smile. It lasts forever......I pulled out a jacket I had on months ago to wear at the weekend and yup, still there!! lovely juice this and trumps all the "oud" scents out there 9/10 x

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

I wrote a review for "Dior Leather Oud" and I described it as "Beauty and the Beast". Here there is the same beauty, but without that beast (civet). With the rose in her hand. Amazing. I love both.

evelynave
evelynave

A fragrance like Oud Ispahan has its work cut out for it in the realm of popular opinion. Just rose, just oud, nothing special, so they say. Ispahan is compared to any number of oud fragrances or oud-centric lines, and while it is unmistakably rose and unmistakably oud mingling around in here, I don't see much like this in, say, the Montale line, where the (m)oud is denser and darker for the most part. The strange radiance of Oud Ispahan seems pretty remarkable to me, and that's quite enough to distinguish it from others "like" it. It really sings on me. Many oud fragrances smell insular to me, the overall mix kind of monochromatic in effect, a tapestry you look at and and know speaks of an older world because you can't tell one color from the next. Ispahan isn't at all transparent; but it does open up so that you really feel you've stepped inside. For me it's a real experience, and one of the only ouds to remove the trademark sepia filter from the mix. Wonderfully diffusive, rich in character, and contemporary in mood.

adrian.meeks.35

Smells just like Potion Royal Black.. don't know who was first but I do know who's the cheapest. the notes are almost the same. The smell is the same but Potion has a longer lasting rose note and it is outstanding.

christianne1
christianne1

This was an all day wrist sniffer that I never wanted to end so lucky for me it lasted a solid 12 hours with lingering residue after that. Maybe it is the dash of musky labdanum that gives it that special something I'm not sure...but Oud Ispahan has that special "somethin somethin" to me. Very sexy scent.

Despite the countless oud/rose combos out there, Ispahan remains unique. I think that is why there are no "reminds me of" votes despite the endless ouds to compare it to. But Dior (and the nose of course) took these same widely used notes and still came out with some originality. I am a rose, oud, patchouli & labdanum fan in a major way and have smelled countless versions of rose oud but still haven't smelled this one.

Totally unisex straight down the middle. I enjoyed my day in Oud Ispahan so much I felt sad when it finally ended.

mysticaldeath
mysticaldeath

wow surprisingly poorly executed and unmemorable, totally unecessary and for this price?! indistinct jumbled eighties style mess, smells cheap and synthetic also, scrubber :(

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This starts with a jammy rose and oud which is soon joined by patchouli making the scent more earthy. As time passes the scent gets more woody from a dose of sandalwood.

This smells nice and is well done but just does nothing to distinguish itself from a dozen or so similar scent on the market.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I cant believe ebay sellers! I just found out that a 4.25 ounce bottle online from dior, brand new, is only 190.00 and ebay sellers are trying to get 285 and up! it's insane! and so wrong, shame on them!

Kenni
Kenni

Smells like gassy rose, and very subdued oud. Not a fan of this one, but it does have a "kinky vibe" that is delicious. Very playful and full of unrefined youth.

Belvedere
Belvedere

Sprayed on a card this is interesting, on my skin the Oud is a little harsh. Smells of quality and if you love sweeter rose scents this could be for you. Gets better on dry down and one to definitely try but not for me.

farang
farang

I have been smelling around and looking for the 'perfect' masculine rose. This is one of them! There are many rose-oud combos on the market, but this one stands out due to the well blended smoky, woody oud and a beautiful rose. My other favourite Rose is Lyric Man which has more notes jumping around.

A long time favourite has been Rosam by Histoire de Perfume, but smelled side by side with Oud Ispahan it now feels a tad too sweetish and synthetic as compared to OI.

Bodda89
Bodda89

I will not describe this is a fairy tale indescribable the rose is so well integrated with oud and patchouli in a way that makes them a new note that you can't call by the name of any of them but it's a relaxing scent although it's a bit on the heavy side
Hint: it has a bit of an animalic facet to it

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Not just another rose/oud combo. The patch gives it an earth and dark vibe not executes in this type of scent usually. Both genders can wear this without an issue and be satisfied extremely. Not Montale projection but almost. Sillage is good as well. Too steep for me to buy but my decant will fit me well for some time. Dior has created another well blended intoxicating scent.

5228r

For those that know what is good, this is a masterpiece, why? this is how you know that a perfume is good, in terms of a good music, this perfume has rythem, structural balance, functionality and balance, it is like music that changes and when it is approaching its end you keep calling for more
This is for real men not boys.

markjcretella
markjcretella

I just tried this today for the first time. I was dismissing it as just another rose/oud combo. I found it not original and boring.....until about 90 minutes after application. The oud becomes smokey in the middle and remains so for a long time. And I love smokey. I keep thinking that intoxicating is the word to describe the latter drydown. Good projection, excellent longevity. My rating 8.0

yvashche
yvashche

By far the best of the Couturier fragrances: this is a rose darkened. Its oudy and smoky. Smells very expensive (which it is). I can see this being worn any time of the year to special events and daily. A must-have.

Edit: I have a spray bottle and a splash bottle of this and I prefer the splash. You can dribble some on your chest and the smell becomes strong and intoxicating.

Kain
Kain

ISPAHAN (we call it ISFAHAN here!) is the name of one the biggest provinces of IRAN and there are big rose (persian rose) garden there and the rose note in this fragrance has been taken from there (it seems!)

This fragrance opens up with the dominating persian rose note mixed with oud and white musk and the smell of it brings me back memories of my childhood where many mans like our grandfathers were using hand made perfumes made by this kind of rose.
It's sweet, fresh but at the same time dark, woody and dirty musky because of oud and white musk notes.
The scent has a classic vibe and it dosen't smell like modern rose fragrances that you can find these days on the market.
As time goes by the scent gets smoother and I can smell a fruity vibe like cherry! yep!
It's like a fresh and a little tart cherry smell mixed with rose and there are oud and musk notes surrounding it.
In the base I can smell mostly white musk with it's dirty animalic feeling and there is a little bit of rose completely in the background.
All and all, a simple and high quality oud and rose combo that smell a little different from other ones out there.
Projection is above average and longevity is around 8 hours on my skin.

راستش این عطر منو یاد عطرهای دست سازی میندازه که بچگیا بعضی از پدرها یا بابا بزرگهامون استفاده میکردن
بوی گلاب مانند توش کاملا مشهوده ولی حس خاص و نسبتا متفاوتی داره
بچگیا مشهد که میرفتیم علاوه بر عطر معروف تی رز سوغات جانمازهای ما، یادمه یه سری کولی های کُرد (غالبا زن) هم بودن که عطرهای دست سازی کنار حرم میفروختن و بوی این دقیقا منو یاد اون عطرها میندازه
البته انصافا کیفیت این به مراتب بهتره اما بالاخره بوش دقیقا همونه
حتی یادمه تو مشهد یه بسته بندی هایی بود شامل مهر، جا نماز، تسبیح و یه عطر کوچیک در حد 5 میل این حدودا که بسته بندی شده و برای سوغاتی آوردن برای اقوام و آشنایان از مشهد بود و اون عطر داخل اش دقیقا بوی همین عطرُ میداد
یعنی به عبارت بهتر بگم بوی این عطر یه سطح پایین تر و درپیت تر از عطرهای تی رز مشهدی هست
یعنی همچین حسی به آدم میده چون تی رز باز به مراتب گرون تر از این عطرهای دست ساز بود
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر هم با بوی شیرین گل رز که با وجود کمی متفاوت بودن باز همون بوی گلاب مانند رو داره شروع میشه که عود و مشک سفید باهاش ترکیب شدن
عود بهش کمی حس تلخ و تاریک میده و مشک سفید هم کمی حس کثیف و حیوانی بهش میده
در ادامه شیرینی بوی عطر کمی کمتر میشه و یه بوی ترش شیرین و یه بویی شبیه به بوی آلبالو به خودش میگیره
انگار عصاره آلبالو رو کمی بهش شکر اضافه کنن و بعد ترش و شیرین اش کنن و بعد بهش گلاب بزنن و مقداری هم رایحه عود و مشک به این ترکیب اضافه کنن
راستش رایحه میانی بدک نیست و حس جالبی داره
تو رایحه پایه بوی عود و رز و اون بوی آلبالویی تا حد بسیار بسیار زیادی ضعیف میشن در حدی که شاید اصلا حس اش نکینن و فقط بوی ملایم مشک سفید و اون حس حیوانی مانند و کثیف به مشام میرسه
یه عطر کلاسیک و قدیمی بر پایه رز که با قیمت 100 برابر کمتر از این (البته با کیفیت پایین تر) میشه تو بازارهای مشهد و قم و این جور جاها پیدا کرد
پخش بوش متوسط به بالا است و ماندگاری هم در حد 8 ساعت روی پوست هست

Well done and hats off to Dior and Francois Demachy for making a rose/oud scent that is unique in an evermore crowded market place.
It's a little unfair to call it trite as admittedly the rose/oud combo has been done to death but I think the patchouli and sandalwood in this become more prominent as it settled on my skin. This does enough to make it distinctive.
Opens with a rose that is a bit too much for my taste but soon subsides to reveal the patchouli and dense oud. It's very opulent, strong yet refined at the same time, Oud Ispahan is very nice indeed.
Having said that I'm not keen enough to wear it and have very specific needs in a rose fragrance ie: it has to strike the precise right balance.
So Oud Ispahan didn't blow me away and it certainly isn't as bold as the other Oud fragrance from this collection but definitely worth a sniff.

Miss_Nicole
Miss_Nicole

Oud Ispahan is a very polarizing fragrance. Definitely not a go to one for most but for me, it's captivating and mesmerizing. It's a type of frag that has this push / pull aspect to it. In one moment I'm thrusted forward in a dare I say slightly off putting way, and in another I'm hauled back to this bewitching blend. It's one that piques my interest & also leaves me puzzled but all the while begging for more.
Oud Ispahan begins with a blast of good old bandaid note. (A sharp almost prickly bandaid I might add) The rose (which is a very naughty gal in this blend) slowly starts to come forth with oud (which at this point is less sterile/medicinal but still has some traces of that chemical type of feel) and a nice heaping pile of patch. The notes all play nice together to create a smoky, woody, almost murky rose/oud blend. The highlight in my eyes is the star player - the oud. This oud in this frag is very bi polar in a way, as it wishy washy's around through the different phases of this composition. It's medicinal/almost metallic in the beginning, it gets darker and deeper in the mid and then ends with a very sharp/almost a touch sweet vibe. Gives me whiplash with how much it morphs itself, but still very much enjoyable (to me.)
My preference is for my rose/oud frags to be heavier on oud, and this fulfills that desire. As far as projection goes, one spray on each wrist is all I need to announce my presence in full force. This is a robust one, so be careful. Too much will choke out the masses. Staying power is above average and it most certainly leaves a mighty trail of scent behind you.
This is definitely an acquired scent. Unconventional, particular and very alluring and unisex for sure.
So Sample if out and see for yourself what your take is on Oud Ispahan. ;)

CDGfan

Do not be fooled by the rose note, this is a very MANLY scent. The first 45 minute- 1 hour is Indian rose syrup but after that it turns into a male tiger marking its territory in the sandalwood forests of Southern India. People have commented that its a captivating but strange scent, animalic, urinous , woody, incensey smokey yet very alpha male.
Most Oud scents are unisex but both Dior's Leather Oud and Oud Ispahan are masculine. It is difficult for a woman to pull this off especially in the drydown of the fragrance.

franksgirl
franksgirl

Exquisite and expensive smell. I do not remember me raving so much about a fragrance for a while. It was a love at first smell - I adore it! The opening reminds me somehow of cuir de russie chanel (must be rose, patchuli and sandalwood combo) but dry down is even better on me. Ideal for colder months. Sillage monster- what a gem!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Oud with a touch of rose, simple combination, very lasting.

new friend
new friend

Oud Ispahan Dior for women and men
عود أصفهان من ديور للنساء والرجال
أعتقد أننا جميعا نسترشد بقراءة مكونات العطر عند تجربته وربما يكون موقع فراجرانتيكا هو أحد أهم مصادرنا لمعرفة مكونات العطور والتعرف على آراء من سبق لهم تجربة العطر.
حقيقة أنا لا أقرأ التعليقات والريفيوهات المكتوبة عن العطر قبل تجربته حتى أتجنب تسرب الأفكار المسبقة لذهني تجنبا للتشويش.
غير أنني أقوم دائما بقراءة مكونات العطر عند تجربته فهو أمر مفيد للغاية.
لكن مع عطر عود أصفهان اختلف الأمر تماما
فالمكونات المكتوبة عن العطر في فراجرانتيكا هي كالآتي:
الافتتاحية: بلسم اللابدنام
القلب: الباتشولي
القاعدة: أخشاب الصندل + الورد + العود
والمكون الأكثر كثافة وظهورا في العطر هو العود يليه الورد ثم الباتشولي ويليهم البلسم وأخشاب الصندل.
صراحة ولأول مرة أنا غير موافق على كل ما كتب أعلاه
فالعطر يبدأ بصراع قوي للعود محاولا أن يتغلب على طغيان وطوفان نوتة الورد المجفف.
نعم فالورد هنا مجففا وهذا يبدو جليا لمن يدقق لأنه سيلمح تدخينا مصاحبا لرائحة الورد.
ولكن هيهات أن ينجح العود في التغلب على كثافة الورد الذي سرعان ما تدعمه لمحات لزهرتي الأوركيد والجاردينا تماما كما حدث في عطر توم فورد الشهير بلاك أوركيد
ولكن سيختلف الأمر هنا تماما عن بلاك أوركيد لظهور نوتة الأنيمالك المصاحبة لظهور البلسم بشكل لا تخطؤه الأنف ولكنها ليست منفرة وإنما ستعطي للعطر لمحة سويتية ناعمة بعض الشيء.
الآن حان دور ضيف الشرف الذي لن ينتهي بسهولة والذي رغم غرابته لم أستطع انكار وجوده.
انه النوتة الفاكهية التي تزاحم العود أيضا وتعيق ظهوره واستحواذه على شخصية العطر كلما مر الوقت وبدت له الفرصة سانحة.
الباتشولي وأخشاب الصندل لا وجود لهما أو علاقة بالعطر على الإطلاق.
مع مرور الوقت سيختفي الجميع وسيبقى هذا الثنائي الورود المجففة والعود.
العطر بهذا زهري فاكهي شرقي
لا علاقة له بعطر بلاك عود من مونتال فالورود هنا جافة مدخنة ليست بانعاش ونفاذية الورود في عطر مونتال.
أعتقد أن اسم العطر "عود أصفهان" قد خدع الكثيرين الذين صوتوا لكثافة العود على حساب الورود اعتمادا على اسمه.
مع الاغفال التام للنوتة الفاكهية وبقية الأزهار الموجودة بالعطر.
العطر - دون أدنى شك - يحمل عبقا جميلا ومميزا، لن يمر بك الآخرون دون ابداء الإعجاب أو لفت الأنظار.
العطر شتوي بامتياز، ورائع في الأمسيات الصيفية
الثبات ممتاز وهائل، الفوحان رائع خاصة مع الساعات الأربعة الأولى لارتداء العطر
واعتقد انه لن يفارق الملابس الشتوية إلا بعد مرور ثلاثة ايام على الأقل.

Amor und Psyche
Amor und Psyche

This perfume was not made to please everyone. It is strong. Although the agarwood note is sharp and intense, it is smoothed quite well by the ispahan rose and by the sandalwood base note.

The patchouli and the labdanum are both discrete and work together to create a very agreeable oriental fragrance.

I find this approach to rose interesting because the trend for perfumes with a rose heart note is generally to create either a sweet rose(e.g. velvet rose and oud by jo malone) or a fresh and sparkling one (e.g. rose ikebana by Hermès). Here, it is smoky, it is woody but it keeps a certain freshness, underlined by the sweet but not sickening opulence of the ispahan rose.

It's perfect for men but splendid for women.

ed
ed

Smells expensive (and it is), but I simply couldn't wear this. The rose note is too obvious for a supposedly unisex fragrance. As a man, it would make me feel rather uncomfortable.

greydove
greydove

Yowza! This is the first oud I've smelled that's different to Montale, JHAG, Tom Ford, Kurkdijian, Creed, etc. At least to my nose...For the first time I smelled the almost astrigent, chemical smell of the oud throughout the fragrance. I can't say that I liked it because to me, this oud smelled like rubbing alcohol instead of bandaids which I find more acceptable. However, there were some jaw dropping moments during the lifespan of this perfume that almost convinced me this was the one! I read that this was animalic, but I didn't get that.. What I did get was a beautiful, sweet rose, perhaps the prettiest I've smelled in an oud rose combo yet. It wasn't jammy, or syrupy, it was chewy and dense, and it seemed to have a watery heart that kept it refreshing. One fascinating thing I noticed about this one was that when first applied the oud almost made my eyes water when I put my wrist near my nose, while the rose was only detectable at a distance. By the end of the day it had flipped! Now the rose was only detectable close up, while the oud was out in front. This one is more challenging than I expected, but I liked it enough to get a large sample. Sometimes I'd rather be challenged than soothed when it comes to perfume. Also I don't think this one is anything like Guerlain's Rose Nacree.

ranchorita
ranchorita

This blend of accords is enchanting to me and I love it. If you are considering buying, though, do track down a decant or sample to try. On the basis of my first wearing, I would have purchased this. Later on, however, Le Boyfriend said this smells to him like his mother's perfume, Sung by Alfred Sung. Other than rose and sandalwood, I see no common accords between those.

As much as I adore this fragrance in and of itself, the association with the Dragon Lady is too much to overcome: I won't be investing in a bottle of this. I will, however, be enjoying my decant on the sly. Absolutely gorgeous.

Michael1962
Michael1962

finally purchased a bottle of this splendid rose and oud nectar from the Dior boutique in Sydney yesterday.I must admit that the splendour,richness and opulence of this fragrance is literally off the charts.I wore a sample to work on Thursday and could not only smell it that night but also on the collar of my work shirt two days later, after the shirt had been in the wash,as I was ironing it.No fragrance I have owned has ever been this longlasting.I would describe the fragrance as a dirty rose which is well supported and even overtaken in the drydown by Dior's signature oud which in my opinion is the best in the business.The sandalwood and patchouli all play their part in this magnificent symphony.highly recommended for the fragrance aficianado which likes luscious oriental fragrances with great sillage,longevity,class and opulence.most definitely a 10/10 in my books and has pride of place in my collection.

susana75
susana75

I'm not going to review this masterpiece,I smell wealth in this ,as a middle eastern woman I adore oud , It's 24 carat pure gold . I'ts Middle east in a bottle!!

A wonderful fragrance!
The top notes conjure up Rooh Afza rose syrup commonly available in Indian grocery stores, a dark jammy syrupy rose, after 45 minutes to an hour, it turns animalic and the agarwood and patchouli arrive and there it remains till sandalwood and agarwood smoke remain at the end. This lasts FOREVER, easily 24 hours. Projection is medium to good.

Very well composed!

steve0580
steve0580

Excellent scent - I love it.

Typically, I don't care for floral scents and I've only smelled one other Oud-Rose combination, which was a bit too feminine for me. Not this one.

The oud is dominate here and a bit harsh in combination with the rose. While there is a floral-rose scent, it stays in the background and is light enough to where men can wear it and not have to worry about smelling too feminine.

It has immense projection and longevity. Expect to get 12+ hours out of it.

spoombung
spoombung

I'm not quite sure what I think of this. The 'jammy' rose is quite prominent at the start - in fact it smells a bit like Indian Rose Syrup. This contrasts with something burnt, slightly ashy and a potent faux oud that morphs into a dusty, dry patchouli base - and yes, the base is a bit like the one in Leather Oud. Roughness with smoothness.

It's one of those fragrances that is strong enough to disrupt a nice meal so it has to be used with care; it's very heavy, ultra powerful and gets comments (but not compliments in my experience so far). On the whole I prefer Leather & Oud's combination with beeswax and saffron rather than rose but this is still a very good fragrance.

Update: now wearing this regularly. It's really grown on me.

nawaz1020
nawaz1020

AWESOME SMELL YOU LOVE ITTT

Shwets

Update: I have done the three times test where i have tried this again (now several times) and am still besotted. I have smelt this on people at work and it still hypnotizes me. Just love the smoke rose and oud in this.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

The two prominent notes in OI are rose and oud. OI basically begins with an overpowering rose note, not the floral rosy smell that you would find in women fragrances, but a dirtier and darker rose scent (it may be the oud in the background pulls it a little to the "darker side"). OI also opens with a very enticing sweet, ambergris scent, which I think comes from the labdanum and keeps the oud from opening too loudly (the oud is quite noticeable from the beginning, but is not as overpowering as it is during the dry down phase). A very simple combination of scents, but the proportions and the quality of the ingredients make the opening ultra elegant and enjoyable, despite its strength...a very unisex opening.

After about 1 hour, the rose and the labdanum scents begin to fade slowly to give path to the oud, which increasingly takes over as the dominant note until the end. Here is when OI gets more masculine, as it gets warmer, woodier, and smokier.

I agree with Ifmars98 in that Oud Ispahan finishes like Leather Oud. Dior's Leather Oud begins with an strong burnt tobacco and leather scent, over time those notes tone down giving path to the oud which comes out as the dominant note during the dry down. I could not tell much of a difference between OI and LO at the peak of their dry down once the oud becomes the reigning king--it takes a few hours to get there. They both basically smell like straight oud at that point. So, if you prefer an animalistic and very "cave man" type of opening, go for LO, if you like a middle eastern rose, with an European (Dioresque) elegant opening, go for OI. At the end, both smell the same to me.

I am an heterosexual male who does not like rose notes in his fragrances. But the character and blend of OI's notes are such that it has become an exception. I really love the rose/oud combination here. It is done with Dior's cachet stamped all over.

Because it is a powerful, loud, and long-lasting fragrance, it is not for injudicious, casual, or imprudent fragrance wearers. As with any fragrance, but particularly with OI, you have to know the place and time to wear OI.

I have heard a lot of criticism about OI being another rose/oud composition and not being innovative at that. I think one needs to approach OI without bias if you have experienced other rose/oud fragrances. You will see OI is done in an upscale European style and interpretation. OI stands on its own pedestal of hauteur and distinction.

Civetted
Civetted

I'm with Conifer lover on this one. Oud Ispahan has a raspy, abrasive synthetic woody note that I just can't stand, and it's overwhelming. Maybe karanal? I read somewhere that women tend to be more sensitive to it. Too bad, I love me a good oud.

lfmars98
lfmars98

It's very nice. I'll compare it to Dior's Leather Oud that I wore a day earlier. The oud here is stronger at the start and it's slightly sweet and smokey. The rose does come out during the drydown to balance out the oud. I think it's a lot more wearable than Leather Oud or Montale's Black Oud. It has good projection and I get 10+ hours on my skin. This might be my rose-based fragrance to buy. 2 for 2 on my Dior samples. 8.5/10

DEAD SEXY!!!
Oud mixed with Arabian rose, very smokey - for men and woman.
Outstanding sillage.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Perhaps my sample vial has turned but this fragrance smells wicked and not in a good way. It's very strong, offensive, and smells toxic to my nose like sulphur mixed with toxic chemicals.

The poor little dainty roses and sandalwood dont stand a chance against this mighty agarwood which threw his weight around and dismissed them as they were nothing.

My body went through a mild state of shock as the headache turned into a stomach ache.

For those of us curious about Oud, I can safely say that we shall stay away from this one until our noses have matured enough to accept this strong, off the charts, chemical plant material. I'm pretty sure no one wants to smell this bad. If you still feel the need to sample it, I strongly recommend wearing a safety suit.

LANIER
LANIER

The old blind soothsayer’s breath fell upon the sands that were spread over the silver plate. The glittering grains moved slowly, almost imperceptibly. The Princess, daughter of the Caliph of Bagdad leaned closer to the shifting sands to see a shape begin to appear, the shape of a perfect rose.

“The sands foretell my princess, the one who will win your heart and your hand; he shall be the first to touch the rose.”

The thief Ahmed perched in the highest branch of an agar tree that stretched out over the palace walls watched his beloved receive her fortune. She whom he loved from afar since his eyes first beheld her veiled beauty in the bazaar of the silk merchants, she who was so far above him, she whom he dare not dream of.

“The rose?” the Princess looked up into the face of the blind man.

“Yes the rarest rose in the garden of your father, the Persian Rose of Ispahan.”

The Princess glanced across the garden of her father and beheld the perfection of pink and perfume which was the very rose the soothsayer spoke of. There by the palace wall near the old agar tree set in a planter made of sandalwood it bloomed in the sun. Its beauty only surpassed by its magical aroma that filled the garden.

“How can that be?” The princes looked back to the old teller of impossible tales. “No man but my father is allowed near his precious rose. It is forbidden to all but him.”

“There is one, I see him, and he is very near. Even now my Princess, even now he knows of this rose. The having of it is the key to unlock your love. He will bring the rose to you in the lowly leather satchel of a thief.”

The Princess laughed and dropped three silver coins in the hand of the soothsayer. “A thief? You are mad my dear old one. Sweet and full of fantasies but quite mad. Now off with you and come back tomorrow to tell my fortune again.”

Ahmed watched as the ancient blind one was lead away by the princess’s servant. He watched as the princess walked thought the garden past the green patchouli and the fragrant labdanum flowers. When she came to the Rose of Ispahan she bent down to smell it and as she did, one tear fell from her cheek onto the perfect petal of the rose.

“If only it were true.” She whispered. “Allah, please make it so.”

That night in the cover of a moonless sky with only the light of the stars to guide him the thief Ahmed again climbed the agar tree. With the aid of a magic rope he had stolen from a magician in the marketplace he dropped silently into the garden of the Caliph. He easily moved along the shadows of the blue night to where the rose grew. In one swift moment he snatched the bloom from the bush and gently placed in into his leather satchel.

“Who’s there?” a voice rushed across the darkness. The Princess stood at the gate of the garden holding a sputtering golden lamp.

* * *

Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior is a tale from the Arabian Nights. The perfume that Scheherazade might wear to tell her tales to the King and in so doing weave an even more enchanting spell over him. It is also the perfect rose scent for a thief of Bagdad to steal and wear to woe a princess. It is magical.

In this floral oriental there is all the beauty and splendor to be found in the gardens and bazaars of the Near East. The rarest and most romantically pungent and intoxicating oud is at the center of this fragrance. For it is all about the oud and the tale it tells here in conjunction with the other notes. This base note is the solid foundation upon which all else is presented. The perfume opens with the lush and overtly sensual labdanum (the very scent Madame de Pompadour used to seduce King Louis XV) it is rich and wonderful and smells of sexy warm flesh. A garden of exceptionally wonderful patchouli comes in to warm the middle and plays counterpoint to the song sung by the labdanum. Up then from the base floats the beautiful Damascus rose and very fine sandalwood. This rose, sandalwood and oud are fantastic together. Out of the bottle or sprayed on a blotter it is beautiful. When it hits the skin it is a perfume of resplendent rose and agar wood oud of the most perfect creation. It is miraculous.

The perfume has a wonderful life that lasts on my skin for many hours and even the next morning it lingers close to the skin in the most delightful and inviting way. As if calling you back for one more night in the garden of the Caliph. The projection is good but not overwhelming if you apply it with restraint; which is hard to do since it is so delicious upon the first application.

For me this is one of the top perfumes in the truly magnificent presentation by Christian Dior of the Privée line of fragrances. A masterpiece by a house I am coming to love even more with every new foray into each of their perfumes.

OUD ISPAHAN FIVE PLATINUM STARS *****

tymanski
tymanski

sure, oi is yet another jumper on the oud-rose bandwagon, but so what? that doesn't make it less likable. and it is a very likeable, strident and well-constructed edp(?) with demachy's fingerprints all over it. i get a very similar oud from his impressively barnyard leather oud (which i've taken to layering with with luten's ism to make it much more wearable) and that piquant and dry-fruity rose from ambre nuit. sillage is almost powerhouse on this and it lasts for days, which many others in the current oud/rose/patch game can definitely not say. and while i do enjoy portrait of a lady, its drydown earthiness can grate - i think i will be wearing oi more often, esp with the coming winter; i can see the astringency of the icy (synthetic?! who wears a photorealistic rose?) rosy heart shining brightly in the cold.
nice work from dior & demachy

lee.wok
lee.wok

On longevity; This fragrance is ridiculously long lasting. I sprayed it around noon and I can still get whiffs of it at midnight, after taking a shower with a deodorant body wash.

TerryM
TerryM

Definitely on the top of my favorites list! Not overpowering but had a moderate to strong sillage. I get the most compliments when I wear this fragrance. The oud and patchouli soften to a gorgeous, heavenly amber rose. Lovely. This is a 5 star scent for me!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

At first I was repulsed. I know oud can have a rubber type smell, and this one does. That in combination with the labdanum makes it have an underlying smell of cigarette...yes, I found it odd. I told myself to just wait a few minutes and it would blend better and calm dowm, and it did. I was scared at first, but wait about 15 minutes and it is lovely. It is rich, sultry, the patchouli can now show its presence. It is a dark, sultry, sexy scent. I visualize black leather and lace....no, just black leather..that is the scent to me. I visualize this is something a dominatrix would wear to seize the emotions of her submissive victim.

ssslus
ssslus

I was so excited about this one. I have Ambre Nuit and I love it. Cant have enough. I thought that since both of them have rose in it, it will be somewhat comparable.
After long wait for a sample of this one, I finally sprayed it on my skin and now I know why everyone is talking about Middle East.
I love strong fragrances, but this one is way too overpowering. I felt like I just walked in some crazy store with incense, where they are burning 50 of them at the same time.
If you are wearing burqua, you def dont have to worry about your perfume not being recognized. This one will last forever. Sadly, it does smell like cheap incense store that you find in any flea market. Sorry Dior. This one is too predictable and generic.

Gashtasb
Gashtasb

Iran in a bottle...

fkollmeier
fkollmeier

This is good stuff. Arabian Rose and smokey Oud dominate this fragrance and make it very dense but delicate at the same time. The density of the smokey and sweetish Oud reminds me of the Arabian Bukhoor. 10/10!!!!

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

A burst of the fruitiest bubblegum note that thrilled and delighted me! A very strong and prominent dusty note follows and what is left is exact memory smell of firecamp and burning leaves and twig to me, it is simply a beautiful roasting scent, that has been done by Cartier in Baiser du dragon. While baiser unfolds into an earthier more creamy half gourmand-half gothica, sensation, Oud ispahan dives into a bed of dry parched patchoulli and medicinal oud with a scatter fragrant rose petals, the sillage and longevity in this is tremendous and could definitely me deemed as unisex. While it is true the rose-oud territory is more of a been-there-done-that cliche, this rose-oud certainly has a more feisty and defiant image

Happy to swap decants worldwide.

Yay, yet another old fragrance with just a new name on the label. Take some Portrait of a Lady and mix it with a tiny drop of Dark Rose. Shake for a a couple of minutes and then add a dollop of any of the twenty plus rose-oud compositions by Montale et voilà, here's Dior Oud Ispahan. Smells ok but it's trite, adds nothing new to the table and it's pricey....how it sounds?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Dior Oud Ispahan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christian Dior Oud Ispahan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.