Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

C`est La Vie Christian Lacroix for women

C`est La Vie Christian Lacroix for women
dislike

C`est La Vie Christian Lacroix for women Pictures C`est La Vie Christian Lacroix for women Pictures C`est La Vie Christian Lacroix for women Pictures

C`est La Vie by Christian Lacroix is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. C`est La Vie was launched in 1990. The nose behind this fragrance is Edouard Flechier. The fragrance features aldehydes, pineapple, carnation, tuberose, iris, sandalwood, orange blossom, amber, patchouli, musk, benzoin, cassia, raspberry, vanilla, osmanthus, peach, jasmine, heliotrope, ylang-ylang, cedar, bergamot and rose.

Aldehydes Pineapple Carnation Tuberose iris Sandalwood Orange Blossom Amber Patchouli Musk Benzoin Cassia Raspberry Vanilla Osmanthus Peach Jasmine Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Cedar Bergamot Rose

Krasnaya Moskva
Rapture
Oscar
SpellBound

C`est La Vie Fragrance Reviews

Arina.K
Arina.K

I own two bottles, a perfume and an eau de toilette. It's a very rich and luxurious complex scent. Dark purple and red autumn fruits, sweet yet spicy and creamy warm wood. Pure class.

kl99
kl99

It Opens like a cologne concentree (acqua di parma style) and fastly turn into a caration tuberose ananas and fruity notes composition. Very vintage for the nineties. Sophisticated excentricity into bottle. A modern version of apree l'ondee. Yes remind me krasnaya mockba and vanderbilt.

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

Big bold floriental with lots of neroli, amber and peach. This is 1990 in a bottle.

EDIT: I just saw what this is selling for on eBay. This is nice but it's not $180 nice! I'm just going to have to relive 1990 by spritzing Red Door and blasting the Red Hot Chili Peppers from my turntable.

FridayJones
FridayJones

This is a wonderful smell for a perfume novice (like myself) who isn't really sure what people are talking about when they talk about aldehydes. Now I know. Now I really, really know, and I can't ever go back to not knowing.

For me, this scent has unpleasant associations -- it softens a little on my skin as compared to in the bottle or on fabric, but it's aggressive without being interesting, intensely "perfumey" without being transcendent, loud without being melodic (or even intriguingly discordant). I guess I just don't like aldehydes? Good to know.

(Note: This was not even a blind buy -- it came as a sample with another purchase.)

celebrity89
celebrity89

I just dug this out after using Rapture, and realizing the similarity. My bottle is over 20 years old and the stuff still smells amazing! Smells like Red Door, too.

Migalex
Migalex

It is like an orchestra playing, lots of notes coming and going. It is very strong, very dense, very opulent, right the type of scent I appreciate best. The notes I can smell most distinctly are Ylang Ylang, Jasmin, Carnation or Clove, Tuberose, Sandalwood and Amber. It has a clear duality, actually threeality, very sweet and full on one hand, but on the other it has the carnation hasrshness balancing it, and the woodiness seems to give it an aereal side. It is one of the few scnets I know where sandalwood smells like sandalwood. In most fragrances, sandalwood just smells of common wood, while in itself it is a really precious scent, with a very peculiar and sprecial aereal character, very light and etereal, rising one does not even know from where. Well, in my opinion, that character is totally lost in almost all fragrances. Overall, although the notes are noticeably different, it is very much a scent of the type of Poison and Red Door. I still have several bottles of it, EDT and EDP and do really treasure them. Luca Turin says in 27 years He only came across one person who liked it. Well, I do like it and in much shorter time came across lots of people who also do. Some people forget that we are all different and that taste is a personal matter and try to impose on others their taste. While in a matter like this that is of no importance at all, a frivolity really, and very provincial, in other ways the assumption that you know what is better for other people is at the root of all dictatorships and intolerance in this world.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

C'est la Vie epitomises everything I dislike in a perfume, all that's missing is the oakmoss . I remember the scent being released but couldn't remember if I'd tried it, so I got myself a 10ml mini to try . The bottle is nice and I can't deny the quality of the scent inside it , but those aldehydes are just too much - in fact it is all too much ! I applied literally 1 drop from the stopper and I blind guessed 12 of the notes before I had even looked at this page because the strength nearly knocked me sideways ! Aldehydes, ylang-ylang, tuberose, peach and orange blossom are the first notes I noticed, quickly followed by jasmine, cedar, patchouli, rose & sandalwood,then cinnamon (cassia) carnation, amber and musk. Some of the other notes I can only just pick up because all the above notes are fighting for attention, and I don't detect the pineapple, raspberry or iris at all. Although this was released in 1990, it has the vibe of a vintage fragrance due to the choice and strength of the dominant ingredients . Brash and bold, long lasting and with a heavy sillage, if you like the classics you will probably enjoy C'est la Vie . For me, it's just way too strong to appreciate.

Jerine123
Jerine123

What a beauty! Complex and ever changing. Just look at all those notes and it's no wonder why. Luxurious, gorgeous and crafted perfectly to unravel just right. Wish there were a few more around like this one.....another WOW

dezaval
dezaval

Oh, my God! One of the very best fragrances ever! Totally iconic! East meets West in it. Rich, luxurius, maximalistic, classy, colorful, vibrant and joyfull... It reflects the spirit of the great french haute couturier Christian Lacroix. A combination of exotic spices, flowers and fruits. "La joie de vivre" in a amber-colored bottle, sealed with a red coral...A must-have for every perfumarista.

lovekova
lovekova

I just purchased a miniature from eBay, a real bargain that was! When this came out I was 10 years old and got this for one of my first perfumes. I absolutely loved it and sniffing it now still reminds me of my very cool childhood. It has not changed! I wish it wasn't discontinued since I always search for those "back in the days"-scents of the 80ies and early 90ies.
Using a tiny bit on my arm even lasted through a bath and several hours. Being a fan of Tuberose, this is one of my alltime favourites.

3469hobbes
3469hobbes

Just adore this fragrance - have worn it since it was first issued when I fell in love with the description of the bottle shape - it is supposed to be reminiscent of the curve of female hips - and the colours of the box. I have worn it every day since and have had nothing but positive feedback on it. It seems to smell very different on other people who have tried it, and I must say that perfumes tend to fade very quickly on my skin. Men seem to love it too!
I have spent a small fortune on it over the years, I'm still managing to find it despite it going out of production years ago - have to look online, I've bought lots on mini bottles which have gone into a glass atomizer, bought a bottle with a faulty spry which I purchased a cool pump filling bottle to decant it into - you have to really love a perfume to go through what I do to still use it.
It is a stunning sugary floral scent, quite powerful and heady, but settles into a beautiful subtle 'feminine' scent. I think it has a 'cat like' quality to it, quite musky, but it is a definite woman smell.
I have been told of several 'alternatives' - Apres L'Ondee being the closest in my opinion - but it doesn't do it for me in the way that C'est La Vie does.
Unfortunately the perfume got slated when it was available, it is a love or loath scent I think, and unfortunately it bit the bullet.
For me it will always be the perfume of my life - I wore it the first time I was kissed, on my wedding day and whenever I need a reassuring reminder that I am a confident, independent and sexy woman I put on a spritz. I am so pleased to find other people who love it too.

nicki317
nicki317

I just bought this on ebay after not having it for at least 15 years. I remembered how much I loved it in my 20s and began wearing it in my search for my own signature fragrance. I was surprised to find that I don't like it as much as I used to. It seems dated now and doesn't smell as exciting to me as it once did. It actually smells like a fragrance for a more mature person, and I'm so surprised that I liked it so much in my 20's. My best friend used to wear LouLou. I wonder if I wouldn't like that as much now either.

note: I recently decided that I thought this smells like Oscar de la Renta's Oscar. I checked and they share at least 9 notes so they are very similar. But I think this might smell slightly more youthful.

this one reminds me of a dated 80's perfume. very acrid at first, then the mix of old time flowers and spice. dry down is much better, the bouquet is much lighter and powdery, with an amber/spice finish. a good perfume for cold weather. a small amount is enough and lasting power is very good on me. not a favorite, but a comfort scent at times.

malia
malia

i really miss this one. I had it 15 years ago and did i love it!!!!

Superman9
Superman9

Truly beautiful scent; so rich, warm & romantic. Pefcet for night.

ReinaT
ReinaT

I love Lacroix designs, so colorful!, so I thought I would love his perfume, but it doesn't smell like an Oriental bouquet to me at all. It is fruity, I don't even get the oriental floral or spice on the dry down, just fruit! I like the bottle, so it just sits on my shelf with all my other perfumes. I did not find anything wonderful for magical about it, and I did try, I tried really hard to like it.

WONDERFUL taste you have Passionata!

passionata20
passionata20

I wanted to try it for a long time and had a feeling it has to be good.
What can i say! I am totally in love with this one! it is very different from C`est La Fete which i also love, but totally got me falling for this!
This is such a classy smell, that makes my soul sing! Quite sweet, a bit powderly, i think i will work best on windy autumn or spring days and evenings and best for frosty winter days. Yes, definitly best during winter days and evening which a re filled with snow!
Dress up to nines, put your best jewerly on and spoil yourself with this beautiful fragrance on an evening out in the restaurant or at the theatre!
C`est La Vie! C´est ma vie!!
I also use it as a bed time fragrance: just a small dap behind my ears gives me very sweet dreams :)

peeachediva
peeachediva

MMMMMM C'est la Vie. I have to say I LOVE it. Let me tell you, there are major bidding wars for this fragrance e on EBAY, and snyping is about the only way you can get it half way at a decent price. It definitely tends to be high end. Watch carefully if you take the EBAY route because some vendors will show a full bottle for the auction, but in their description, hidden in the various parts of the description, they will have something such as ' bottle only' or at the very end will have something like, ' this 1.5 oz bottle that is 1/4 full'. REALLY GOTTA WATCH THE WORDING.. Also, the shipping can be really misleading.

With that said, I have to say that it is a truly beautiful scent that is an almost EXACT scent/ smell as Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain but with less of the cedar/ woody edge. It has that beautiful sweetness ( but not sugary) scent of 'After the Rain' as in the translation for Apres L'Ondee.
I have worn this several times and I love it on me, and others have complimented me on my C'est la vie. For me I love to almost bath in it. Could get really expensive though... especially since you can hardly get any FULL bottles in the auctions.

LLC COmmon Scents, however which is an online designer replication of 'Designer Scents' has it to the TEE!!!!! Can't tell the difference, and I have both versions. LLC Common Scents, which also lists themselves as 'PURE SCENTS' will reformulate any perfumes if they get enough people requesting them.

I would say that the heliotrope and carnation are the elements that tend to draw me, even thought I can't detect them 'literally'... such as 'Oh, that's carnation, and Heliotrope'. I admit, that I tend to gravitate to scents with those elements.... as well as a couple others.

Yes, Go for C'est la vie. If you can get it at a good price go for it. Just know that I'll be trolling the sites along with you, as well as buying by the full ounce from Common Scents.
C'est la vie.... I wouldn't call it a LIGHT scent, I would call it a WINDY scent... gentle, yet active.

Francop
Francop

Very nice scent for calm winter days where you want to appreciate rich and heady notes in front of the fire...

The intial spritz is loud and perfumey and takes you back to the 90`s...heavy blusher and red luscious lips come to mind...

After an hour or so, the scent settles down into a very pleasant floral mix which is uncommon and certainly keeps your attention till the very end; settling down beautifully with woody and musky notes

Big Thumbs up...!

imoore
imoore

I can not say a good thing about this frag unfortunately! Try it to see! That decade produced some beauties, but this is just like high quality soap.

High quality, but just smells like soap!

CharLi
CharLi

I bought a sample of Parfums MDCI - Enlevement au Serail and it reminds me alot of Cést la vie as i remember it from the early nineties.

elusivek
elusivek

I see this was released in 1990 but it screams "big 80's scent" to me.

It starts out with the iris, spice and orange blossom, jasmine, white flowers dominant.

The next stage patch, musk, and cedar give it a very earthy tone that ends out smelling like dirt to me.

The last element to appear is the strong, almost bitter, incense note.

To me this is all flash, no substance. It it loud and in your face. It definitely lacks finesse. If you like big & bawdy, this is the one for you.

This used to be my signature, prior to the time Cassini was later on. I only now understand how unbelievably complex this perfume is, when I was younger I thought, how happy! Cest la Vie! Now I know it is only for mature and confident women! It must have had some impact in my earlier years, as I used to spray very generously with it!!

delphine67
delphine67

I had this a long time ago.Nice perfume little bit strong though. I wore it in the evenings

Where Spellbound failed, this one was able to make the complex concept work!
I do NOT agree with Turin on this one.

lillybee
lillybee

I have an EDT and EDP miniature of it. The EDT is sharp and alcohol-y at first then shortly settles into a distinct sandalwood and pineapple combo. Soon enough, the scene gets busier with lots more of soapy jasmine and earthy, mossy patchouli being the most dominant notes.

The drydown is floral - woody and fruity, especially in the EDT where I can pick out a strawberry then peach not one after another from the sheer and almost transparent woods. The EDP is softer, deeper and the fruits are somewhat lost.

C'est la Vie isn't sweet but oh, it's so comforting. A lovely, vintage style comfort scent, essentially for automn.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Nice, old style scent. But well done and long lasting. It surrounds you but is not overwhelming, sweet but not nasty. And the bottle.. a beautiful bottle! It doesn't matter what's inside. But what's inside is as good as outside. Aldehydes are on the background to my happiness.

samsara1977
samsara1977

When I look at the notes, I understand why I couldn't get a grip on this perfume. I use to wear this as a young girl. It has so many ingredients, the scent is always changing when you wear it to. It starts light and fruity but oh my, don't let the opening fool you! How this changes into a smell for people who dare! To bad I can't find it anywhere.

guest_Sylvie
guest_Sylvie

I really loved this perfume.C´est la Vie was an excellent perfume,but i can´t find it anywhere.Does someone knows where i can find it?Why don´t they keep making it if everyone loved it.

guest_Sandra
guest_Sandra

This is one fantastic perfume! I fell in love with this fragrance straight away. To me it's the sexiest fragrance i've come across ever. Whenever I put on some of the precious remainders that I kept I get a lot of compliments on it! Since it's been discontinued does anyone have a hint on something quite like it? Any ideas? Please shoot!

Uni Mihaela
Uni Mihaela

Very intense and lingering fragrance. Delicious on your skin. The essential feminity. Sensuality at its peak.

guest_guachipiruli
guest_guachipiruli

One of my favorites... too bad it has been discontinued. Does anybody know where i can find it besides the miniatures?

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I was surprised to find I really like C'est La Vie! It's a big brassy power fragrance from 1990, and is similar in character to other '80's powerhouses like Lou Lou and Exclamation (though it doesn't smell like those).

Those fruity berry notes are prominent upon application, and I'm not nuts about them, but they burn off quickly to a floral woody amber that lingers for hours. C'est La Vie is warm, feminine and sexy. This is a great fragrance for dates and evenings out, though I may apply a discrete amount for office wear, too.

If it were being introduced today, it would sink like a stone. Not enough fruit. Sweet, but not enough of the kind of sweetness found in today's scents.

For appreciators of all types of fragrances besides Floral Fruity, it's a beautiful anachronism in a joyful box, and worth seeking out.

fotolux
fotolux

C`est La Vie! And this life is wonderful - bright and frivolous, as collections of Chistian Lacroix on the border of 80th and 90th of the last century. No cheerless unisex. luxurious beautiful women, clever enough, that to understand that glamour it is a game only, and luxury - is in your head. the Defiant luxury, bold stylishness, reckless-bright paints and flying silhouettes. A powerful aldehydic-raspberry entry is replaced floral madness. Fleur-d'oranger, tuberose, jasmin, rose,cassia and more and more...
...

C`est La Vie by Christian Lacroix 3.89 out of 5 based on 161 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Lacroix C`est La Vie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Lacroix C`est La Vie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify C`est La Vie by Christian Lacroix. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of C`est La Vie by Christian Lacroix represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.